Alpha: Down to Zero

In Century Station Operation Overlord has begun, villains beware!

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Post Reply
User avatar
Blackhaunt
Dimension Master
Posts: 945
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:39 am
Location: DIMENSION MASTER: CENTURY STATION
Contact:

Alpha: Down to Zero

Post by Blackhaunt »

Image

The Omega Base
Location: 616 Grayson Street, Retropolis, Yesterday Park
Size: One City Block.

Bedrooms:
1: Crucible
2: Unoccupied
3: Unoccupied
4: Unoccupied
5: Unoccupied
6: Unoccupied
7: Wi-Fi
8: Unoccupied
9: Unoccupied
10: Sentinel
11: Sentinel
12: Sentinel
13: Sentinel
14: Sentinel
15: Unoccupied
16: Barricade
17: Brute
18: Rook
Each bedroom, 1 to 7 and 9 to 18 are a spacious Fifteen foot by Twenty foot space. Including a bed, dresser, desk, computer, side table and alarm clock. Each bedroom has a small bathroom including a corner shower, toilet and sink. There are no bathtubs in the building anywhere.
Bedroom 8 is for the main leader of the Omegas and is much larger.
Each room has a lock on the door and each person has their own key into the rooms.

General Areas of the Omega Base:
19: A general access hallway between the bedrooms (1 to 18), the Gym (20), and living area (32).

20: Full sized gym including free weights, sparing mats and boxing ring and other such training machines. Overhead is a oval shaped track for running with a small staircase leading to it.
Includes:
  • Automated Racquet-Ball launcher rigged to Targetting system [200 payload] installed in Gym (or perhaps moveable to allow for use w Gymnastics area, Climbing Walls, and/or Sparring area to allow those w super-speed/reflexes to train and maintain)
21: A full sized pool with low and high diving boards for those that swim to keep in shape.

22: A full memorial hedge garden with statues of the fallen Omegas of the past to remind us of who died so that we may live.
Statues:
Amber
Coldsnap
Enigma
Flashfire
Ghost II
James Peacecroft
Mason
Pooka
Spectre
Steele
Titan

23: Elevator leading to the second floor hanger bay. Three helicopters reside within the hangerbay.

24: Large garage area that can fit a maximum of 30 vehicles. Currently holds:
  • Avtran Hovertruck (Alpha)
    Crew: 4, one driver/pilot and up to three passengers
    A.R.: 5
    S.D.C. by Location
    • Main Body - 280
    • Jets (4) - 120 each
    • Tail - 120
    • Turret - 75
    Speed: 300 mph
    Length: 25 ft
    Weight: 4 tons
    Weapon Systems:
    • Heavy Laser Turret: 1D4x10 S.D.C.
    Description/Other Notes: The Avtran Hovertruck is a gray crew-cabin pickup truck, the phrase "ALPHA-OMEGA" is stenciled in the back in red; +5% bonus to all skill rolls; tires are rated for urban driving only, use off road at your own risk
    Book Reference: HU:CS, 65

    Avtran Hovertruck (Bravo)
    Crew: 4, one driver/pilot and up to three passengers
    A.R.: 5
    S.D.C. by Location
    • Main Body - 280
    • Jets (4) - 120 each
    • Tail - 120
    • Turret - 75
    Speed: 300 mph
    Length: 25 ft
    Weight: 4 tons
    Weapon Systems:
    • Heavy Laser Turret: 1D4x10 S.D.C.
    Description/Other Notes: The Avtran Hovertruck is a gray crew-cabin pickup truck, the phrase "Bravo-OMEGA" is stenciled in the back in red; +5% bonus to all skill rolls; tires are rated for urban driving only, use off road at your own risk
    Book Reference: HU:CS, 65

25: The Omegas war room. Large Citynet display screen with massive computer systems. Two smaller two man computer terminals on either side. Two full holographic displays are located on either side of the Large Citynet display screen. This room is encoded so only the team leaders and their seconds in command have access.

26: This is a public conference room should the Omegas need to make a statement to the Media, Mayor, etc etc.

27: A full sized armory including extra weapons, explosives, Omega Suits, ammunition, and all the other items that may be needed but kept under lock and key. A full high-tech workbench is located inside with a full cabinet of components for crafting. There is a secret exit in the armory. The ceiling irises open allowing the Baron to fly out.
Armory Details
Vault Door (3" thick steel door)
--SDC: 500
Vault Walls:
--SDC: 500 each (all sides)
Stored:
Spare Headset Mics
Spare Omega Suits
Integral E-clip recharging station tied into the grid (5 recharging ports)
(3) MP-5 Sub-Machineguns
(3) S&W 12 Gauge Shotguns
(20) Beretta 9mm Pistols
(20) Pepper Spray Canisters
(20) Spring-Loaded, Collapsible Billy Clubs
(20) Suits of Point Blank armor (A.R.: 13, SDC: 120)
(5) Laser Rifles (Range: 1800', Damage: 5d6, RoF: Single shot, Payload: 20 shots)

28: Security room for the Armory. The armor itself is a sealed vault requiring a retinal scan to be used to gain access.
Security Room Details:
Vault Door w/5-digit alphanumeric cipher lock (3" thick steel door)
--SDC: 500
Vault Walls:
--SDC: 500 each (all sides)

29: A full pantry/Larder. Stocked with a good ammount of food and full wine racks.

30: A massive dining room with three tables for the three teams of the Omegas.

31: A fully stocked kitchen and laundry facility.

32: The Common Room: 4 skeeball game machines. 2 classic arcade game machines. 3 Massive citynet terminals. A large, all-purpose confrence table with chairs. A fully stocked bar. Fully stocked bookshelves. A large citynet monitor. A couch and five chairs. And even a fully stocked coke machine. This room is where the Omegas live when they are not fighting crime or Sleeping. Enjoy the room.

Outside the base:
Surrounding the base is a massive two foot thick wall made of reinforced concrete standing ten feet high. Security cameras are posted every fifty feet and motion sensor lights every 75. Scanners are posted every 150 feet around the outside of the base that are linked to the security computers, allowing the automated defenses to automatically defend the base against hostile attacks on the base.

Security:
Retinal Scanners located at the main gate to the grounds, armory and security room, war room, and garage.

Automated defensive turrets (hidden in the ground until they are needed.)

Bio scanners at the entrances of the building keyed to the Omegas.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our World Is In Peril
616 Grayson Street, Retropolis, Yesterday Park
Date: Tuesday April 14th, 2043
Weather: Cloudy, cool, humid (63 degrees Fahrenheit)
Time: 10:15 am

"Are you kidding me? I'm supposed to know law enforcement code, the entire roster of the freakin Revengers AND the Kid Revengers, The Director's coffee preference AND all about magic rings? This has to be a scherzo cosmic! I just wanted to stop criminals but not get shot too many times! What? What do you mean I missed da mute button? I pressed... *achem* Hello Agent Frog, Agent Jackson, Tenente Bennett, Agent Cassidy, Radioactive Skunk-bard, Treething. Looks like the gang's all here, as they say. Let's get down to business and definitely ignore everything else you just heard me say, yeah?." Agent Apizza presses the share screen button on his phone and your group voice chat turns in the war room switches over to the screens that spring to life, showing him in his home, wearing a button up shirt, a suit jacket, a tie and teddy bear boxers.

"One sec. Not sure how this new camera works..." After a few small movements and unseen adjustments, everything is exactly the same. "Alright. We have a case for you. Good news: We found out about the ring you're asking us about. It's a magical ring with fire properties. Bad news: We found it's owner. Vanessa Ikeda of Pure Grove, Kansas. The scan of the ring your support team sent had some of her prints and DNA on it. She's a super hero with the name... get this... 'Fire'. Lazy, yeah? Yeah. Part of a team called the Geo-Rangers. Goodie two-shoes eco-warriors. Worse news: She's dead. Even worse news: Her body, minus her ring finger, was left with a ransom note attached. Which leads me to my next point. Someone destroyed the Hydromeda Desalinization Plant over in VB and left her there. We've got a squadri down there now to secure the site. But I think this is a job for The Omegas! Well, I'm making it a job for the Omegas. Head down to Victoria Beach and check out the crime scene, will ya?!"

Agent Apizza sticks around for some brief questions and then your mission info pops up on the screen and is accessible by your individual electronics or via print out for those less technologically proficient.

  • Problem: Hydromeda Desalinization Plant (15 Seaway Drive, Victoria Beach, CS) has been totaled.
  • Problem: Body of
    Image
    , citizen of Pure Grove, Kansas, member of the Geo-Rangers, missing a finger. Connection to ring?
  • Problem: Ransom note.
  • Solution: Omega: Alpha Squad!


What are you doing?
Let the GAMES begin.
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Shazbut
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:59 pm
Location: Century Station

Re: Alpha: Down to Zero

Post by Shazbut »

JIC: 1d20: 1d20: [2] = 2 , 1d100: 1d100: [59] = 59
Perception: 44% / 1d100: [61] = 61
Sing (Professional) 60%: 1d100: [97] = 97 / Elvis song
Impersonation 43%: 1d100: [45] = 45 / Elvis speaking

Blackhaunt wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 5:29 pm Agent Apizza presses the share screen button on his phone and your group voice chat turns in the war room switches over to the screens that spring to life, showing him in his home, wearing a button up shirt, a suit jacket, a tie and teddy bear boxers.
"Ready to fight crime!" Shazbut snickers loudly. For a moment the skunk is in danger of letting opportunity pass but ultimately he cannot resist. Whilst Agent Apizza struggles with his camera controls the skunk launches right into an Elvis impersonation.

♪♫Baby let me be
Agent Teddy Bear
Leave my pants behind oh yeah
And fight crime everywhere
Oh let me be (oh let him be)
Agent Teddy Bear♪♫

♪♫I don't wanna go commando
'Cause commando feels too rough
I don't wanna wear a jockstrap
Cause jockstraps really chafe
Oh! Look at my stuff!♪♫


The skunk botches the song because he is simply unable to suppress his giggles. His eyes tear up and he struggles to breathe; let along sing. Happily though, he does manage to put together some amusing lyrics inspired by Agent Apizza's plight. Maybes I try that one again when I stop laughing so hard!
Blackhaunt wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 5:29 pm "One sec. Not sure how this new camera works..." After a few small movements and unseen adjustments, everything is exactly the same.
"Thank you! Thank you very much!" Shazbut giggles in Elvis-speak as the hapless agent's boxers flash everyone.
Blackhaunt wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 5:29 pm "Alright. We have a case for you. Good news: We found out about the ring you're asking us about. It's a magical ring with fire properties. Bad news: We found it's owner. Vanessa Ikeda of Pure Grove, Kansas. The scan of the ring your support team sent had some of her prints and DNA on it. She's a super hero with the name... get this... 'Fire'. Lazy, yeah? Yeah. Part of a team called the Geo-Rangers. Goodie two-shoes eco-warriors. Worse news: She's dead. Even worse news: Her body, minus her ring finger, was left with a ransom note attached. Which leads me to my next point. Someone destroyed the Hydromeda Desalinization Plant over in VB and left her there. We've got a squadri down there now to secure the site. But I think this is a job for The Omegas! Well, I'm making it a job for the Omegas. Head down to Victoria Beach and check out the crime scene, will ya?!"
The skunk's expression mirrors Agent Apizza, a natural state for a mimic. When the Agent gets serious so does the skunk. Shazbut listens intently and frowns on hearing the fate of Vanessa Ikeda. Who destroys a place that makes fresh water? Shazbut decides he would be best to wait until more experienced voices are heard. This is nothing like Shazbut has seen before.

I have two ears and one mouth. Maybe better to use them in that proportion. I listen first and watch.

The alien radioactive skunk-bard mimic watches his team mates with the intensity of one looking for someone to emulate. Someone with experience and wisdom. Who has the clever plans and secret tricks? Who should I be like? The skunk looks from face to face, waiting expectantly.
Shazbut
Natural Abilities
  • Feel vibrations 72% accuracy. Cannot be snuck upon or caught by surprise from a nearby opponent. Range 45ft. (13.6m).
  • Impervious to radiation that is normally deadly to humans.
  • Can see ultraviolet light.
  • Radiates low levels of radiation.
User avatar
Brute
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
Posts: 715
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:48 am
Location: Starkville, MS
Contact:

Re: Alpha: Down to Zero

Post by Brute »

Perception 51% 1d100: [79] = 79

JIC: 1d20: [5] = 5
JIC: 1d100: [68] = 68

Clint listens to the mission briefing with interest.

Hunting up magical artifacts and such is never something I thought I'd see myself doing... but here we are doing it. And doing a not-half-bad job.

As Agent Apizza wraps up, Clint thinks, Vanessa Ikeda, Geo Rangers... deceased. Hydromeda desalinization plant at Victoria Beach. Ransom note? Well... that doesn't fit. How are you gonna ransom a corpse?

Intelligence 54% 1d100: [92] = 92 (What does the CSPD files say about the Geo-Rangers? - FAIL)
Streetwise 64% 1d100: [83] = 83 (What have I heard on the street about the Geo-Rangers - if anything? - FAIL)

He looks over at Barricade and Crucible. "I guess we need to get a look at that ransom note. What in the world could they be ransoming if they killed Vanessa and lost her ring? In the meantime, any of you know anything about these Geo-Rangers?"

He stands up. "Gear up, crew, and meet me in the motor pool."
Brute
OOC Comments
Normal Form
AR: 0
HP: 45/45
SDC: 186/186

Monstrous Form
AR: 13
HP: 40/40
SDC: 821/846

Motion detector, 20’ radius range
Predator’s hearing (+2 Initiative, 8X Normal)

Omega Suit v3.1.7
S.D.C. by Location:
  • Arms: 90 each
  • Legs: 100 each
  • Main Body: 250
  • *Body Camera: 15

Weight: 6 lbs
Modifiers:
  • AR: 17
  • *Body Camera (-2 to strike via aimed shot only)

Features:
  • Hyper-mimetic alloy fibers change size and molecular composition to fit wearer regardless of APS powers, shape or size changes.
  • Built-in short range encrypted radio transceiver (Omega freq only).
  • Built-in RFID transponder for C.S.P.D. verifies wearer is a Centurion to all C.S.P.D. and their precise GPS location within 20'
  • Body Camera located in center of chest.
  • Anti-Tamper system
  • Wrist mounted computer - allows real-time tracking of Omega agents in the field
User avatar
Crucible
Posts: 92
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:22 pm

Re: Alpha: Down to Zero

Post by Crucible »

Perception 1d100: [16] = 16 37%/62% to recognise the arcane
JIC 1d100: [19] = 19 1d20: [18] = 18

Matthew is sat out of costume, with his sunglasses covering his eyes entirely as per normal.

As Shazbut begins to sing, Matthew rubs his eyes and wishes that he were somewhere else as Shazbut screeches like Yoko Ono.

Does my paralysis spell work on vocal cords I wonder? Maybe today is the day to test it and give some feedback to MI13 he muses to himself, before deciding that paralysing Shazbut's voice probably wouldn't go down well.
Blackhaunt wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 5:29 pm Alright. We have a case for you. Good news: We found out about the ring you're asking us about. It's a magical ring with fire properties. Bad news: We found it's owner. Vanessa Ikeda of Pure Grove, Kansas. The scan of the ring your support team sent had some of her prints and DNA on it. She's a super hero with the name... get this... 'Fire'. Lazy, yeah? Yeah. Part of a team called the Geo-Rangers. Goodie two-shoes eco-warriors. Worse news: She's dead. Even worse news: Her body, minus her ring finger, was left with a ransom note attached. Which leads me to my next point. Someone destroyed the Hydromeda Desalinization Plant over in VB and left her there. We've got a squadri down there now to secure the site. But I think this is a job for The Omegas! Well, I'm making it a job for the Omegas. Head down to Victoria Beach and check out the crime scene, will ya?!"


Matthew listens intently to the briefing, making notes and wanting more information. I appear to have co-opted the focus of the Omegas or at least the Alpha team for now. Hopefully, all the magic related cases will filter through us now.

"What did the ransom note say?" he inquires with the most obvious question.
Brute wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 12:54 pm He looks over at Barricade and Crucible. "I guess we need to get a look at that ransom note. What in the world could they be ransoming if they killed Vanessa and lost her ring? In the meantime, any of you know anything about these Geo-Rangers?"
"Maybe somebody killed her then sold her ring to the mob. I doubt she was killed on location and that's assuming that the people responsible for destroying the plant also killed her. Has anybody been able to contact her team?" He wracked his brains to see if he had heard of them before. One member had a magic item, so there was a chance information had crossed MI-13's desk.

Lore: Magic 1d100<70: [26*] = 1
http://explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewto ... 64&t=17657

[ooc]PPE: 706
HP: 46
SDC: 71
Age: 27
Sex: Male
Height: 6 ft 3
Weight: 210lbs
Description: Tall, well built, muscular, with long flowing robes that cover his body. In civilian clothes, wavy brown hair cut military short, wears large shades to cover his left eye, with slightly weathered skin. Average looking with a strange false left eye. often seen carrying a book of various different subjects.

Eye of Odin
20/20 vision, Nightvision (600', constant, no cost)), See Aura (constant, no cost), See the Invisible (constant, no cost)[/ooc]
User avatar
Maia
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:07 am

Re: Alpha: Down to Zero

Post by Maia »

JIC: 1d20: [20] = 20 , 1d100: [90] = 90
PER: 1d100: [68] = 68 vs. 24%

Before the briefing, Crucible seeks out Maia in her garden.
Crucible wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 4:10 pm"Maia, might I have a word. Back at the safehouse, you rather suddenly grabbed that ring and immediately let it go again. I wanted to check it didn't have any adverse effects on you. How did that ring affect you? Did it affect your link with the Life at all?
Maia initially responds in approving tones. ”ADAPTATION. EVOLUTION.” Sensing that the mage perhaps wants more, Maia does her best to comply. Gesturing with one plant limb, Maia points to an isolated corner of the garden and flexes her newfound power to create the smallest possible pool of lava, isolated from where it can harm any living thing. She repeats again, ”LIFE THE CALLED. HOME THE ANSWERED. CONNECTED. STRONGER.” At that point, Maia decides she is simply exhausted of talking. Concluding that she has made herself as clear as she’s going to get, she returns to her more plant-like existence for the rest of the down time.
Blackhaunt wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 5:29 pm"Treething."
Unsure if their next mission will once again require Maia to go incognito, she opts to remain a disembodied spirit for the briefing. The time she has spent forming bonds to some of her teammates is beginning to show, in the form of a (slightly) improved grasp of the mundane world in her spirit form. Even so, Maia has a hard time distinguishing between a phone call and an in-person conversation, so she responds as she would in any other situation. ”FUNCTIONARY.” While the term might connote respect, Maia’s tone does anything but. However, she perks up at the mention of the team of eco-warriors. Intuitively understanding the term, she replies ”APPROVAL. WILL AID.” From that point forward, she will be actively (if not enthusiastically) committed to the mission (unlike certain others in recent memory). As far as she’s concerned there’s little else to say, and when Brute tells the Omegas to assemble she replies, ”AM READY. BODY NOW OR LATER?” If Brute tells her to grab a body, or doesn’t express a preference, that’s what Maia goes and does, promptly returning to the auto-pool when formation is complete. Otherwise, she will float down there and wait in spirit form.
SAY MY NAME, INSECTS
Passive abilities: See infrared/ultraviolet (range 450ft.).
2/4 healing touches today; 800/930 SDC remaining.
User avatar
Diomedes
Posts: 125
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:59 am

Re: Alpha: Down to Zero

Post by Diomedes »

Perception: 1d100: [94] = 94 vs 35% +30% vs Vampires/Undead, +20% Demons/Monsters
JIC: 1d20: [15] = 15 , 1d100: [68] = 68

  • Natural AR: 13
  • H.P..: 259/259
  • S.D.C.: 107/107
  • P.P.E.: 280/280
  • Spd: 75'/action





  • Omega Suit
  • Omega Field Kit



Diomedes chuckles at Agent Apizza's outburst, a wide smile on his face and he waves and forms his right hand into a gun and points his index finger at the screen in recognition. He listens to the briefing and his brow furrows when he hears that the previous owner of the ring was 1) a hero, and 2) dead. She will need to be avenged.

He asks, "Vincent! It is I, Diomedes! Hmm, let me start over. It is I, Agent Frog! I am glad you have remembered me. This is terrible news that you bring to us." He looks at his teammates around the table, "Friends! Whomever extinguished Fire must be brought to justice! I agree this does sound like a job for the Omegas!"

He listens a bit more to the back and forth. He adds to the conversations, "This seems odd to me, almost backwards. The facility was destroyed and the woman killed, then they left a ransom note? Wouldn't it normally be the other way around? Threaten to destroy something and kill the woman if the demands are not met?"

His chair creaks as he leans forward as he asks his question about the ring. "Were all of Fire's powers kindled from the ring? Could another make use of the ring? Perhaps the slender fingers of Iron Maiden or Wi-Fi might be able to make use of it? We can not let evil douse the light that this item could produce. Or should we return it to the Geo-Rangers?" In the back of Diomedes' mind a thought stirs, Could these Eco-warriors killed one of their own and destroyed the facility to advance their own agenda? Fire possibly against the plan, so they cut off her finger to prevent her from using her abilities and then killed her?

When the meeting finishes, he stands up, and nods in agreement with Maia. He had nothing else to gather since he is already wearing the Omega Suit and has his Omega Kit at his feet, "I too am ready." He heads down to the motor pool to wait for the others.
Diomedes, EP Record

M.D.C.: 275
Sense Vampires: 600'
User avatar
Shazbut
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:59 pm
Location: Century Station

Re: Alpha: Down to Zero

Post by Shazbut »

((Rolls carried))
Maia wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:02 am Unsure if their next mission will once again require Maia to go incognito, she opts to remain a disembodied spirit for the briefing. The time she has spent forming bonds to some of her teammates is beginning to show, in the form of a (slightly) improved grasp of the mundane world in her spirit form. ... ”FUNCTIONARY.” While the term might connote respect, Maia’s tone does anything but. However, she perks up at the mention of the team of eco-warriors. Intuitively understanding the term, she replies ”APPROVAL. WILL AID.”
Though he'd heard of it, Shazbut hasn't seen Maia in her spirit form before. "You are amazing." He states in an awed voice. "I never see a spirit shape before." He raises an arm as if to poke through the insubstantial form, but stops himself.
Diomedes wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:05 pm "This seems odd to me, almost backwards. The facility was destroyed and the woman killed, then they left a ransom note? Wouldn't it normally be the other way around? Threaten to destroy something and kill the woman if the demands are not met?"
"How this place destroyed? I would use bomb to do this thing, but with fire rings, magic men, tree spirits and flying skunks I see many things now possible." Ha! Flying skunks!



After the meeting Shazbut visits the armory and (if he has access) he enters and looks appraisingly over the equipment on hand. "Somethings that would be good for a close encounter... AH!" Spotting the array of pepper spray canisters, the skunk takes two for himself. "Next person who shoots me is getting one spicy meatball!" He briefly considers taking a shotgun, but decides he can do more damage without it. He grabs himself an Omega Kit also.

If the skunk doesn't have access, he shrugs and decides he has all the tools he needs regardless.

The skunk briefly stops by his room and arranges his equipment; some things he leaves behind. Satisfied he quickly makes his way to the motor pool, keen to ensure he doesn't keep anyone waiting. Last time I got shot up by the bad men. But this time I will be ready.

While waiting for everyone, the skunk decides to check his kit. If anyone is watching him, the skunk gives them a conspiratorial smile. He first pulls a high-tech metal board out of his backpack. Smoothly, as if he had done this for around a hundred years, he quickly unfolds the device. Within moments the board becomes a solid square platform around 4 foot square. Been a little while since I use this, so safety first! He activates it, ensuring the hover platform of his indeed hovers.

"Yes, flying skunks can happen too!"

Grinning happily, while he deactivates and refolds it. Soon it is back in his pack.

Sitting down, he then pulls out his shiny new knife. Shazbut inspects the blade and is surprised at how shiny and very sharp it is. Someone really looked after this blade, nothing to fix at all. Putting it away, he then pulls out his vibro-axe and ensures it's ready to chop up nasty skunk-shooting gangsters. The memories of U235's goons are still fresh in his mind.

Finally the skunk inspects his second axe; an wide-bladed Italian war-axe. This one he sharpens with his whetstone, until the team are all assembled. As folk arrive he nods a happy greeting while continuing his work.
Shazbut
Natural Abilities
  • Feel vibrations 72% accuracy. Cannot be snuck upon or caught by surprise from a nearby opponent. Range 45ft. (13.6m).
  • Impervious to radiation that is normally deadly to humans.
  • Can see ultraviolet light.
  • Radiates low levels of radiation.
User avatar
Blackhaunt
Dimension Master
Posts: 945
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:39 am
Location: DIMENSION MASTER: CENTURY STATION
Contact:

Re: Alpha: Down to Zero

Post by Blackhaunt »

Let's Airplane
616 Grayson Street, Retropolis, Yesterday Park
Date: Tuesday April 14th, 2043
Weather: Cloudy, cool, humid (63 degrees Fahrenheit)
Time: 10:30 am

Shazbut sings his skunky little heart out... and it stinks. Those Omegas who previously liked the 90 year old tunes from Elvis Presley were second guessing themselves. Anyone who was thinking about taking a trip to Mecha-Graceland hand their hands on their phones to cancel their tickets. A certain magic user thinks about the best way to silence their teammate. But at least the mutant skunk was trying.

Brute racks his brain for information about the Geo-Rangers and comes up with a solid nothing. Never heard of em, never read about em, they might as well not exist. Crucible also draws a blank when wondering if this group ever made it to MI-13's attentions.

Maia is seemingly more excited than anyone has seen her before. It has to be the mention of something related to her nature: Nature. The rest of the team gets the feeling that they couldn't stop her from completing this mission if they tried. Nor could they stop Shazbut from staring at Maia in admiration. His paw almost passing through her ethereal form but stopping just short. But...how? Maia was invisible and Shazbut never showed an ability to see the invisible before... a mystery for another time.

The big question on everyone's mind is: If they've already killed their hostage, what could they be ransoming? Another question is: What does the ransom note say? Yet another is: Should we hold on to the ring or return it to these Geo-Rangers? In response, Agent Apizza says "Ah shit, it's widescreen?!" Then he comically falls out of his computer chair, bringing the camera crashing to his carpeted floor. The feed cuts, but not before music and flashing lights come on and his calico cat sticks her face in the camera.

With no more information forthcoming from the call, Brute makes the call for the team to get geared up and roll out.

Ready to head out, the Alpha Squad of the Century Station Omegas hop in their trusty Avtran Hovertruck and head out to Victoria Beach. The skylines are nearly empty which is reasonable for a Tuesday morning in Century Station. Anyone who has work is already there and all the excitement is on the ground. The team does have to avoid a careless super who is joyriding the skies under their own power, but beyond that it is not an eventful ride. The skyline in Society Hill reminds the Omegas that no matter how much a part of this city they may be, they will never experience the levels of comfort of the elite. Glimmering towers and balcony feasts, golden grotesques and poolside martinis; The Omegas see it all.

Terrible Destruction
15 Seaway Drive, Victoria Beach, Century Station
Date: Tuesday April 14th, 2043
Weather: Cloudy, cool, humid (63 degrees Fahrenheit)
Time: 11:15 am

Arriving at the Hydromeda Desalinization Plant, from the sky the building doesn't look "totalled" as per Agent Apizza's description. A scorchmark or two, a hole in the roof, but the structure is more or less intact. The Omegas land and are immediately "greeted" by an officer. "Hey! The supes are here! Everyone out!" A small flood of forensic officers emerge from the front doors of the building giving you free reign inside. The woman who hollered your arrival introduces herself. "Corporal Jane Hurt. The site is yours. The body's in there. We made sure not to move anything so you might be able to figure out what the actual fuck happened here."

The doors to the
Image
lie open and the Omegas can see some signs of obvious sabotage, but mostly the plant looks fine from the inside. Except for the actual technology inside. It all lies in ruins. Piles of slag lie strewn across the plant floor. And on top of one of those piles, the body of Vanessa Ikeda.

What are you doing?
Let the GAMES begin.
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Shazbut
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:59 pm
Location: Century Station

Re: Alpha: Down to Zero

Post by Shazbut »

JIC: 1d20: 1d20: [5] = 5 , 1d100: 1d100: [59] = 59
Perception: 47% / 1d100: [83] = 83

  • Mimic active: no
  • H.P.: 19/19
  • S.D.C.: 163/163

Blackhaunt wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:28 pm Ready to head out, the Alpha Squad of the Century Station Omegas hop in their trusty Avtran Hovertruck and head out to Victoria Beach. The skylines are nearly empty which is reasonable for a Tuesday morning in Century Station. Anyone who has work is already there and all the excitement is on the ground. The team does have to avoid a careless super who is joyriding the skies under their own power, but beyond that it is not an eventful ride. The skyline in Society Hill reminds the Omegas that no matter how much a part of this city they may be, they will never experience the levels of comfort of the elite. Glimmering towers and balcony feasts, golden grotesques and poolside martinis; The Omegas see it all.
The skunk thoroughly enjoys the ride and spends much of it pressed against the window watching the view. He resists the urge to open a window and stick his head outside. "Big city," he marvels at the view, "and big troubles."
Blackhaunt wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:28 pm Arriving at the Hydromeda Desalinization Plant, from the sky the building doesn't look "totalled" as per Agent Apizza's description. A scorchmark or two, a hole in the roof, but the structure is more or less intact.
When approaching the desalinization plant Shazbut turns his attention scorchmarks and the hole in the roof. Maybe not bomb work here. He cheerfully tries to assess whether the roof was blasted from without or within, and what might have caused it. He realises he's a little giddy with the excitement of a first mission, and is eager to please his team mates.

Demolitions 79%: 1d100: [49] = 49
Blackhaunt wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:28 pm The Omegas land and are immediately "greeted" by an officer. "Hey! The supes are here! Everyone out!" A small flood of forensic officers emerge from the front doors of the building giving you free reign inside. The woman who hollered your arrival introduces herself. "Corporal Jane Hurt. The site is yours. The body's in there. We made sure not to move anything so you might be able to figure out what the actual fuck happened here."
Shazbut remains quiet, leaving it to the experienced team members to manage the talky talky stuff. He raises an eyebrow at herd of forensic officers coming out of the building. Are those nerds going to share anything they learn here? His eyes roam over the building exterior looking for security cameras. "Did the mystery building scorchers eat up all the cameras too?"
Blackhaunt wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:28 pm The doors to the
Image
lie open and the Omegas can see some signs of obvious sabotage, but mostly the plant looks fine from the inside. Except for the actual technology inside. It all lies in ruins. Piles of slag lie strewn across the plant floor. And on top of one of those piles, the body of Vanessa Ikeda.
His smiling face falls once past the entry doors of the plant. The skunk's eyes meet with the the body of Vanessa Ikeda with a kind of grave recognition. I forget about the dead lady. He sighs.

"A friend I knew used to say somethings to the dead when the families come to say goodbye. This one is alone, no family here, so maybe I should?"

He thought back of memories he had with his Eastern Shoshoni friends long ago. "I heard this once. A long time ago." His voice floated softly through the inside of the plant. There is a deep sadness in the words, but they were liquid, almost musical; the language of the Shoshoni.

May the Great Spirit redeem your life from death
May he take you unto himself
And safely guide your spirit home to the afterlife


The skunk wearily sighs and takes a step back. Is life going to be full of dead peoples everyday now? Standing aside, he waits to hear what more experienced minds have to say.
Shazbut
Natural Abilities
  • Feel vibrations 72% accuracy. Cannot be snuck upon or caught by surprise from a nearby opponent. Range 45ft. (13.6m).
  • Impervious to radiation that is normally deadly to humans.
  • Can see ultraviolet light.
  • Radiates low levels of radiation.
User avatar
Brute
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
Posts: 715
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:48 am
Location: Starkville, MS
Contact:

Re: Alpha: Down to Zero

Post by Brute »

Perception 51% 1d100: [12] = 12

JIC: 1d20: [7] = 7
JIC: 1d100: [62] = 62
Cpl. Hurt wrote: "Corporal Jane Hurt. The site is yours. The body's in there. We made sure not to move anything so you might be able to figure out what the actual fuck happened here."
Clint nods, assuming Monstrous form. "Thank you, Corporal. Hopefully we won't be long." She's part of a group... the Geo Rangers. Where are they? If they're an out of town team, they probably don't even know... and if they're local, we'll probably be tasked with arresting them. "Corporal... has anyone notified the Geo Rangers?" He turns to Alpha team.

"Okay Omegas, let's head inside and do our best to figure out what happened. Shaz, stick with me."

Once inside, Brute lets his antennae do their thing, picking up minute environmental signals and processing them, twitching this way and that.

Track by scent 48% 1d100: [83] = 83 (FAIL)
Identify common odors 98% 1d100: [21] = 21 (SUCCESS)
Identify uncommon odors 58% 1d100: [7] = 7 (SUCCESS)
Motion detector, 30’ radius range
Identify temperature (within 2 degrees) 98% 1d100: [79] = 79 (SUCCESS)
Identify wind direction and speed 88% 1d100: [9] = 9 (SUCCESS)

He stops to examine the body of Vanessa Ikeda.
Shazbut wrote:"A friend I knew used to say somethings to the dead when the families come to say goodbye. This one is alone, no family here, so maybe I should? ...I heard this once. A long time ago.
Brute listens as Shaz sings in a foreign language.

"She will drink with my friends in Valhalla."

He then examines the body and the ransom note, attempting to find clues, hoping that with the Alphas combined abilities they can quickly gain the necessary knowledge to find her killer.

Intelligence 54% 1d100: [4] = 4 (ascertain any clues from body or ransom note, as well as M.O. of the killing - CRITICAL SUCCESS)
Streetwise 64% 1d100: [98] = 98 (think if he knows any criminal gangs that operate this way - ransom note with a body - that operate in Century Station - CRITICAL FAIL)

He turns to Shazbut. "Shaz... if you have any detection-type powers, or investigative skills, here's where to use them. Try to find out what you can."
Brute
OOC Comments
Normal Form
AR: 0
HP: 45/45
SDC: 186/186

Monstrous Form
AR: 13
HP: 40/40
SDC: 821/846

Motion detector, 20’ radius range
Predator’s hearing (+2 Initiative, 8X Normal)

Omega Suit v3.1.7
S.D.C. by Location:
  • Arms: 90 each
  • Legs: 100 each
  • Main Body: 250
  • *Body Camera: 15

Weight: 6 lbs
Modifiers:
  • AR: 17
  • *Body Camera (-2 to strike via aimed shot only)

Features:
  • Hyper-mimetic alloy fibers change size and molecular composition to fit wearer regardless of APS powers, shape or size changes.
  • Built-in short range encrypted radio transceiver (Omega freq only).
  • Built-in RFID transponder for C.S.P.D. verifies wearer is a Centurion to all C.S.P.D. and their precise GPS location within 20'
  • Body Camera located in center of chest.
  • Anti-Tamper system
  • Wrist mounted computer - allows real-time tracking of Omega agents in the field
User avatar
Crucible
Posts: 92
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:22 pm

Re: Alpha: Down to Zero

Post by Crucible »

Perception 37%/62% to recognise the arcane 1d100: [21] = 21
JIC 1d100: [32] = 32 1d20: [10] = 10
Blackhaunt wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:28 pm The big question on everyone's mind is: If they've already killed their hostage, what could they be ransoming? Another question is: What does the ransom note say? Yet another is: Should we hold on to the ring or return it to these Geo-Rangers? In response, Agent Apizza says "Ah shit, it's widescreen?!" Then he comically falls out of his computer chair, bringing the camera crashing to his carpeted floor. The feed cuts, but not before music and flashing lights come on and his calico cat sticks her face in the camera.
Looks like the less competent Agents being assigned to us. Considering the recent issues that Bravo team encountered, I suspect we are going to get that a lot.
Blackhaunt wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:28 pm Arriving at the Hydromeda Desalinization Plant, from the sky the building doesn't look "totalled" as per Agent Apizza's description. A scorchmark or two, a hole in the roof, but the structure is more or less intact. The Omegas land and are immediately "greeted" by an officer. "Hey! The supes are here! Everyone out!" A small flood of forensic officers emerge from the front doors of the building giving you free reign inside. The woman who hollered your arrival introduces herself. "Corporal Jane Hurt. The site is yours. The body's in there. We made sure not to move anything so you might be able to figure out what the actual fuck happened here."
Brute wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:06 am "Okay Omegas, let's head inside and do our best to figure out what happened. Shaz, stick with me."
"Corporal?" Crucible sounds a little surprised, "this a military operation?" he asks the Corporal, before moving onto the matter at hand. He hangs back a moment Being earlier on the scene, they may have noticed little details that weren't so obvious now. "A few questions if I may Corporal Hurt. What, if any, first impressions did you get when you arrived on site? Any smells or similar that were prevalent upon arrival that are no longer noticeable? Anybody around showing any excessive interest in the crime scene?"
Blackhaunt wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:28 pm The doors to the lie open and the Omegas can see some signs of obvious sabotage, but mostly the plant looks fine from the inside. Except for the actual technology inside. It all lies in ruins. Piles of slag lie strewn across the plant floor. And on top of one of those piles, the body of Vanessa Ikeda.
Crucible arrives inside as Shazbut is saying a prayer for the deceased. He stops to listen to Shazbut speak, showing respect for the dead.
Shazbut wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:48 pm May the Great Spirit redeem your life from death
May he take you unto himself
And safely guide your spirit home to the afterlife
Crucible adds a line of his own, not knowing their religion, but feeling he should offer something.

"Commit them unto God." he crosses himself, before he bends down to look at the ransom note. he extends his senses to sense for magic, supernatural evil and any enchantments. If it is in English, he reads it out loud for the others to hear, but if it is in another language he casts Eyes of Thoth to help him translate it. If it is in code, he will attempt a quick and dirty method of breaking the code, though it is likely more time will be needed to break the code. He assesses the note, the body and the area for magic, looking for any information his spells would provide.

Following that, he check the holes and slag for any sign of what caused them and residue that seems out of place.

If needed
Eyes of Thoth - 8PPE
Cryptography 1d100<35: [30*] = 1
Lore: Magic 1d100<70: [4*] = 1 critical success
Demolitions 1d100<92: [35*] = 1
Chemistry 1d100<70: [69*] = 1
Sense Enchantment 1d100<72%: [99] = 0
Sense Supernatural Evil
Sense Magic
Last edited by Crucible on Sat Mar 19, 2022 9:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
http://explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewto ... 64&t=17657

[ooc]PPE: 706
HP: 46
SDC: 71
Age: 27
Sex: Male
Height: 6 ft 3
Weight: 210lbs
Description: Tall, well built, muscular, with long flowing robes that cover his body. In civilian clothes, wavy brown hair cut military short, wears large shades to cover his left eye, with slightly weathered skin. Average looking with a strange false left eye. often seen carrying a book of various different subjects.

Eye of Odin
20/20 vision, Nightvision (600', constant, no cost)), See Aura (constant, no cost), See the Invisible (constant, no cost)[/ooc]
User avatar
Shazbut
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:59 pm
Location: Century Station

Re: Alpha: Down to Zero

Post by Shazbut »

((Rolls carried))
Brute wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:06 am "Okay Omegas, let's head inside and do our best to figure out what happened. Shaz, stick with me."

Once inside, Brute lets his antennae do their thing, picking up minute environmental signals and processing them, twitching this way and that.
The skunk watches with fascination as Brute's antennae wiggle about and a little ditty formed in his mind. ♪♫Brute had super senses to sense surroundings super well♪♫ Considering the circumstances, he decides to keep it to himself. It would inevitably grow up to become a song when it was ready. Instead his mimic mind focuses on Brute's actions and demonstrations of power, cataloguing for future use.


Brute wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:06 am He turns to Shazbut. "Shaz... if you have any detection-type powers, or investigative skills, here's where to use them. Try to find out what you can."
Shazbut considers his options as he walks in a wide circle around the body, his eyes on the hole in the roof. "Why hole in roof? Was she thrown through it? Was it explosion or blast... and from inside or outside? The skunk looks to see if debris from the roof is largely inside the building. "If roof breaking force came from outside, bits of roof should be all around here inside. But if roof breaking force came from inside here," the skunk looks intently at the hole above him ..then bits of roof will be up there around that hole... or if it was big force, bits of roof will be outside around the building too."

The skunk also remembers the scorchmarks on the outside of the plant. "There were scorchy marks outside building, are there scorchy marks inside too?" He looks around to see if there are also similar scorchmarks in the plant's interior, paying careful attention to whether the scorch marks are around the hole in the roof and around the piles of slag across the plant floor.

Demolitions 79%: 1d100: [82] = 82 (Fail) --> assessing damaged roof and building interior to see what kind of force caused it, and from what direction the blast came



He walks up to a pile of slag and looks at it suspiciously. "Who melt you? Was Vanessa alive and melt you, or someone else? Talk!" When the slag doesn't respond, the skunk removes his protective faceplate of his Omega suit and licks it. He replaces the faceplate as he considers the taste, wondering if he might taste explosives or any hint of what could have caused the damage. "I know you can melt engine block with thermite easy peasy, but what do this I wonders?" He pauses a moment, the asks, "Does U235 have an angry brother with hyperactive melty powers?"

Using Heightened Sense of Taste on slag
Recognize common ingredients (gasoline included) 82%: 1d100: [8] = 8 (SUCCESS)
Recognize exotic tastes such as chemicals, toxins and poisons 45%: 1d100: [63] = 63 (Fail)

Field Armorer & Munitions Expert 65%: 1d100: [96] = 96 (Fail) -->Assessing what weapons would have caused the damage seen in this place


The skunk then turns to Brute and focuses on him, mimicking his strengths and senses. "Do Geo-Rangers like water plants like this? Or hates them?" Weird antennae pop out of Shazbut's head, straining against the confines of his Omega Suit. "Ha, that tickles!" If they won't function under his radioactive protection, he will remove his face-plate for a brief time to use the power.

Track by scent 36%: 1d100: [94] = 94 (Fail)
Identify common odors 86%: 1d100: [71] = 71 (SUCCESS)
Identify uncommon odors 46%: 1d100: [97] = 97 (CRITICAL FAIL)
Identify temperature (within 2 degrees) 86%: 1d100: [42] = 42 (SUCCESS)


Finally, the skunk looks about for any signs of people passing. I really wish not so many peoples walk through here, I probably no find anything now. But why not try!

Tracking: People 50%: 1d100: [19] = 19 (SUCCESS) --> Looking for signs of the intruders who destroyed this place, and where they might have entered and exited.
Shazbut
Natural Abilities
  • Feel vibrations 72% accuracy. Cannot be snuck upon or caught by surprise from a nearby opponent. Range 45ft. (13.6m).
  • Impervious to radiation that is normally deadly to humans.
  • Can see ultraviolet light.
  • Radiates low levels of radiation.
User avatar
Diomedes
Posts: 125
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:59 am

Re: Alpha: Down to Zero

Post by Diomedes »

Perception: 1d100: [18] = 18 vs 35% +30% vs Vampires/Undead, +20% Demons/Monsters
JIC: 1d20: [18] = 18 , 1d100: [29] = 29

  • Natural AR: 13
  • H.P..: 259/259
  • S.D.C.: 107/107
  • P.P.E.: 280/280
  • Spd: 75'/action



Heart with Large Wings - Flight | 20 PPE | 180 min | 100 mph | 4000' | +1 Strike/Dodge, +3 HTH Damage


  • Omega Suit
  • Omega Field Kit



Upon arrival, Diomedes opens the door of the Hovertruck with a crack as it slides open. He hops out causing the vehicle to rock from the force. The death of Fire was something concrete to avenge and he wanted to see it through. His first thought since Fire had a magical ring was to sense (automatic) for any nearby ley lines or nexi at the location.

Paramedic 55% vs 1d100: [92] = 92 | Examine Fire's body

He follows the others into the building and looks at the damage. Moving over to the body, he puts on a pair of gloves. He examines the body of the woman checking for wounds. He ask the officers, "Do you know the cause of death? How long ago did she die? And does it appear that she died here?"

Track People 75% vs 1d100: [66] = 66 | Examining the roof for tracks

Spotting the hole in the room, he says, "I'll check up top." He activates his tattoo with large wings with a thought and flies up through the hole. He slows down as he approaches the hole to look to see if the hole is bent inward, or blow outward. He looks to see if there are scorch marks or the like suggesting a blast of energy caused the hole. He then moves through the hole and hovers above the hole looking for anything on the roof that looks like a clue, i.e. things that don't belong on a roof, cigarette butt, candy wrapper, another body, etc..
Diomedes, EP Record

M.D.C.: 275
Sense Vampires: 600'
User avatar
Maia
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:07 am

Re: Alpha: Down to Zero

Post by Maia »

JIC: 1d20: [5] = 5 , 1d100: [53] = 53
PER: 1d100: [20] = 20 vs. 24%

Tracking: 1d100: [35] = 35 vs. 91%
To search for tracks, possible other clues outside the plant.

Conditions:
150/150 SDC remaining; 12 minutes remaining. Form of the Leopard: Adds extraordinary PP, superhuman PS, energy claws, nightstalking, enhanced leaping, supervision: nightvision plus the following natural abilities (Monsters and Animals, P. 217): Climb 90%, prowl 90%, track by smell or sight 50%, exceptional hearing and eyesight. +1 APM, energy aura inflicts 2d6 plus normal punch. Cannot safely touch anyone/anything.


Maia pointedly ignores Shazbut’s singing. Does the infestation really enjoy that sort of thing? Judging by the others’ reactions, it does not. Which she notes. When the time comes, Maia assembles herself a body and allows it to be transported to their destination. While en route, she ponders the humans’ obvious impatience. Such vehicles are so unnecessary. Other species with shorter lifespans don’t feel the need to hurry so, everywhere. Perhaps if they took more time to enjoy their surroundings they wouldn’t be so careless with them. Regardless, they arrive sooner than later.

Maia regards the entrance to the plant warily. She will mutter, ”SWEEP. PERIMETER.” to anyone listening, then shift into her felinoid form by activating her energy area. With her sight and smell enhanced, Maia bounds into the local wilderness and does a sweep of the area around the power station. She isn’t really looking for anything in particular (though tracks would be nice), it’s more an excuse to avoid going inside. If she finds anything potentially useful, she will examine it closely before padding up to the door, sticking her head in, and growling a report to the others. Otherwise, she will very reluctantly approach the plant and almost force herself to go inside. There, Maia will conduct another sweep to see what her enhanced senses might glean, but her impatience to be out will be palpable as she darts about the room. Once she determines that she’s seen all that there is to see inside, Maia will dart back outdoors- without a word unless she finds something worth reporting.
SAY MY NAME, INSECTS
Passive abilities: See infrared/ultraviolet (range 450ft.).
2/4 healing touches today; 800/930 SDC remaining.
User avatar
Tom Cassidy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 138
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:24 pm
Location: Heroes Unlimited: Century Station

Re: Alpha: Down to Zero

Post by Tom Cassidy »

Perception: 1d100<66: [71] = 0
JIC: 1d20: [6] = 6 / 1d100: [52] = 52
Blackhaunt wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 5:29 pm"Are you kidding me? I'm supposed to know law enforcement code, the entire roster of the freakin Revengers AND the Kid Revengers, The Director's coffee preference AND all about magic rings? This has to be a scherzo cosmic! I just wanted to stop criminals but not get shot too many times! What? What do you mean I missed da mute button? I pressed... *achem* Hello Agent Frog, Agent Jackson, Tenente Bennett, Agent Cassidy, Radioactive Skunk-bard, Treething. Looks like the gang's all here, as they say. Let's get down to business and definitely ignore everything else you just heard me say, yeah?."
"Morning, Agent Apizza..." Tom does his best to stifle a chuckle. "By the way -- the names are Agent Shazbut and Agent Maia." He gestures towards the 'bard' and the 'treething.'

If he were a space-faring minotaur adventuring his way through the galactic skyways with a passion for cooking and a penchant for bestowing nicknames on his friends, Tom would likely have come up with better names off the top of his horns than Apizza could with a week of practice. But he isn't some fictional character in a space fantasy, and while he's not totally above doling out some situational nicknames he acknowledges that's not his forte.

And that's a totally random mental image... he muses to himself. But I could swear I've heard of something like that. Maybe it was a dream... or a vision?
Crucible wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 4:11 pm"What did the ransom note say?" he inquires with the most obvious question.
Brute wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 12:54 pm He looks over at Barricade and Crucible. "I guess we need to get a look at that ransom note. What in the world could they be ransoming if they killed Vanessa and lost her ring? In the meantime, any of you know anything about these Geo-Rangers?"
"Maybe somebody killed her then sold her ring to the mob. I doubt she was killed on location and that's assuming that the people responsible for destroying the plant also killed her. Has anybody been able to contact her team?"
Diomedes wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:05 pm"This seems odd to me, almost backwards. The facility was destroyed and the woman killed, then they left a ransom note? Wouldn't it normally be the other way around? Threaten to destroy something and kill the woman if the demands are not met? Were all of Fire's powers kindled from the ring? Could another make use of the ring? Perhaps the slender fingers of Iron Maiden or Wi-Fi might be able to make use of it? We can not let evil douse the light that this item could produce. Or should we return it to the Geo-Rangers?"
The conversation snaps Tom back to the here and now. "Agreed. Without knowing what the 'ransom note' said I'm tempted to think that's a red herring. Something to throw investigators off the trail as a diversion or misdirection. But sounds like we won't know for sure until we lay eyes on the crime scene." He looks up at Apizza. "Any additional information you got on these Geo-Rangers? I'm guessing they'd have other members named Air, Water, and Earth?"
Brute wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 12:54 pm"Gear up, crew, and meet me in the motor pool."
Tom heads to the Armory to collect his pistol and tranq gun and looks around for a crime scene investigation kit, and submits a request for one if there's none available. ((OOC: I can't remember if I asked for one previously so if I haven't I'm asking now)) He'll also download any additional info on the Geo-Rangers and/or the Hydromeda station if there is any available.

Once he's geared up and dressed to impress in his modified Omega suit (once again silently smirking at its lack of red/white/blue spangles) and climbs aboard their ride to the beach... taking the brief time to look over any files he may have collected before their departure.

---------------------------------------------

Once Alpha Team arrives at the plant Barricade greets the Corporal. "Thank you, ma'am. Have your forensics team identified anything that might shed some light on what went down, when it went down, and what happened to the victim? And we were told there was a ransom note; do you know what it says and has anyone got an idea on what it might mean?"

As they enter the plant he starts looking over the surroundings -- does the hole in the roof look like it was blown inward or outward? What appears to have made the scorchmarks? How does it appear the machinery inside the plant was damaged? Does anything seem out of place in a power plant? Can they finally get a look at the ransom note?

He turns his attention to the body about the same time Shaz starts singing and Brute/Crucible add their eulogies.
Shazbut wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:48 pmMay the Great Spirit redeem your life from death... May he take you unto himself... And safely guide your spirit home to the afterlife
Brute wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:06 am"She will drink with my friends in Valhalla."
Crucible wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:38 pm"Commit them unto God."
For a moment, Barricade can't think of anything appropriate to add. Eventually he just nods and adds, "I pray your spirit finds peace, Vanessa. Amen."

He waits a moment before kneeling down and inspecting her body. He pulls out a pair of latex gloves (if was able to grab an investigation kit; otherwise he'll ask the local authorities for a pair) and starts examining. Does the ring finger look like it was removed prior to death or after? Does it appear to have been sliced off, bit off, or ripped off? Are there any other marks on her body that might indicate a cause of death? Does it look like she made the hole in the roof -- either on her own or being thrown/hurled through?
Skills
Charm/Impress -- 1d100<75: [44*] = 1 (to make a favorable impression on Corporal Hunt)
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 1d100<55: [12*] = 1 (to make a favorable impression on Corporal Hunt)
Crime Scene Investigation -- 1d100<95: [48*] = 1 (examining the roof and exterior)
Crime Scene Investigation -- 1d100<95: [67*] = 1 (examining the interior and machinery)
Crime Scene Investigation -- 1d100<95: [18*] = 1 (examining the body)
Basic Mechanics -- 1d100<70: [50*] = 1 (examining the machinery)
Basic Electronics -- 1d100<45: [65] = 0 (examining the machinery)
First Aid -- 1d100<85: [18*] = 1 (examining the body)
While he's looking over things and possibly muttering to himself he'll ask out loud. "Brute -- are your heightened senses picking up anything out of the ordinary? Crucible, Diomedes -- are either of you picking up any residual magics or anything supernatural? And did anyone see where Maia went?"
User avatar
Blackhaunt
Dimension Master
Posts: 945
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:39 am
Location: DIMENSION MASTER: CENTURY STATION
Contact:

Re: Alpha: Down to Zero

Post by Blackhaunt »

When you have the facts on your side, argue the facts
15 Seaway Drive, Victoria Beach, Century Station
Date: Tuesday April 14th, 2043
Weather: Cloudy, cool, humid (63 degrees Fahrenheit)
Time: 11:15-11:45 am

Upon arrival, Shazbut sees the hole in the roof and from a distance thinks he can tell that it is a hole created from inside. But he'd need to be closer to truly tell. Outside, he looks around the exterior for security cameras. He finds mounts where they should be and piles of junk on the ground below them. Screws, bolts, wires, etc. Brute and Crucible chat with the leading officer on the case briefly.
Crucible wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:38 pm "Corporal?" Crucible sounds a little surprised, "this a military operation?" he asks the Corporal, before moving onto the matter at hand.
"No sir. Corporal lands you right above an officer and right below a sergeant. Senior officer with supervisory duties, barely any extra pay, but you get a fancier patch." Her tone is dry as a fast food biscuit with no soda, but maybe that was an attempt at a joke.
Crucible wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:38 pm "A few questions if I may Corporal Hurt. What, if any, first impressions did you get when you arrived on site? Any smells or similar that were prevalent upon arrival that are no longer noticeable? Anybody around showing any excessive interest in the crime scene?"
"No immediate suspects. I mean, besides the ones who claimed the crime. You'll see. It's all inside. Smells? Well, it smelled like everything bad in there. Rotten eggs, dead people, a fresh rainy day, but in a bad way. You never know what you'll get when supers are involved. No offense. Impressions? No one ever asks me for my opinion. It's just, sign this, make sure no one shoots themselves in the foot. I'd say you've got a classic super hostage situation gone bad. Why this place was targeted, I couldn't tell you. But it looks like this girl lost, whatever it was."
Brute wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:06 am"Thank you, Corporal. Hopefully we won't be long."
"Corporal... has anyone notified the Geo Rangers?"
Corporal Hurt looks back at Brute and says "The amount of paperwork I've gotta do for this? Take all day if you want. Yeah, the Geo Rangers were contacted. They've got a ways to travel, but they're on their way. Someone takes out one of your own, you do whatever it takes, y'know?"


Walking in, Shazbut sees the body and decides to pay his respects in prayer. One at a time, other Omegas chime in giving Vanessa a proper send off. As proper as can be when your body is still lying dead on the ground.

Brute begins using his antennae to sniff out any clues. He can smell ozone strongly as well as rotten eggs and cooked meat. The temperature inside the building is the same as outside, due in part to the defunct machinery not generating heat.

Anyone looking at Vanessa Ikeda's body can see that she is, in fact, deceased. She is laying face up with her arms crossed over her chest, as if placed that way purposefully. The missing finger is obvious as her hands hold the ransom note.
Image

Brute can solidly determine that this entire operation was planned and meant to be seen (Crit success on Intelligence!). There is a demand and a threat. One clear, the other a little more vague. But still, actionable intel. He can't think of any gangs that would have done this.

Barricade puts on his gloves and gets to work. The first thing he notices is that this person has been deceased for a short while. More than a day, less than a week. He can see that there are marks on the ring finger of her left hand that point to numerous injuries. The hand seems prematurely aged as opposed to the youthful right hand. There are bone fragments jutting out of the wound which removes the possibility of a cutting weapon. Or at least one that did it's job with any level of efficiency. This looks like a break, not a cut. The main takeaway is that the finger was not removed cleanly. If Barricade were to make an educated guess, it would be that the finger was ripped off. Furthermore, he can see some vomit residue on her shirt. And last, he notices a small hole in her chest that goes through her shirt. If she were not laying on the ground, he might be able to see if it went all the way through, but the light is blocked by the floor.
Diomedes wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:36 am He follows the others into the building and looks at the damage. Moving over to the body, he puts on a pair of gloves. He examines the body of the woman checking for wounds. He ask the officers, "Do you know the cause of death? How long ago did she die? And does it appear that she died here?"
One Police Forensic Investigator walks over from the corner where they were taking notes to answer questions. "Cause of death seems to be this hole here." He points a laser pointer to her chest at a small bloodless hole. "How long ago? It's between one day and a week to be certain. But if you're asking my professional opinion, which you obviously are... four days. Rigor mortis is of no use here. She's a literal stiff and so it's been over fifteen hours. Our skin has not begun to truly decompose. Except for that fascinating hand she's got. But that isn't telling either. Especially because I can't do an autopsy here because HURT WON'T LET ME!" The outburst draws some eyedarts and some eyerolls but very little sympathy. "Ahem, anyways, that kind of decomposition won't take place for another week or so. Truly, the eyes are the windows to the soul. Or lack of a soul. You can see that her pupils have dilated strongly which means... surprise, she's dead. But the amount of moisture in the eyes is a dead giveaway. Hence my educated estimation of four days. Did she die here? Unlikely. The position the body is in was staged. No one dies with their hands crossed like that. There are no signs of her death here such as blood pooling or even the fragments of her shirt that would have been missing from whatever punched that hole in her. She was brought here."

Crucible looks at the slag on the ground and can make out a few basic components. A mesh screen here, a screw there. But for the most part everything is melty. The piles are varied in size, and scattered throughout the plant. There are a few folks in lab coats freaking out in anger or crying. And a few people in maintenance jumpsuits who look perplexed about where to even start repairing the damage done. Almost all of the machinery in the plant has been reduced to worthless trash.

Anyone who can reach the inside ceiling where the hole exists is able to tell that the hole was created from the inside and by something HOT. Shazbut takes a look outside to see if there is any debris from the roof but sees nothing. Diomedes does not find any sort of clue on the roof which makes sense since the damage was seemingly caused from the inside.

Tiring of the human condition, Maia transforms into the Life (
Image
) and does a lap around the grounds. For the most part, her run is non-rewarding. There's some plants that have wilted, but it's uncertain whether that's from the incredible energy radiating from the aura Maia finds herself in or some other effect. There's some trash strewn about the perimeter, which is quite hypocritical for an "eco-friendly" organization, but maybe it wasn't theirs. However, when Maia returns to the main doors of the desalinization plant, she notices some foot prints in the gravel out front. LARGE foot prints. There would be many foot prints in the area due to an entire police investigation unit being deployed, but these were obvious and unique. They were surrounded by a series of other footprints that, while normally sized, were unique in their own rights. Some of them were melted into the gravel, others seemed to leave behind trace amounts of residue. Yet others were only noticeable due to a faint campfire odor contained within the lightest imprint thought possible by the human form.

What are you doing?
Let the GAMES begin.
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Maia
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:07 am

Re: Alpha: Down to Zero

Post by Maia »

JIC: 1d20: [17] = 17 , 1d100: [38] = 38
PER: 1d100: [27] = 27 vs. 24%

Tracking: 1d100: [72] = 72 vs. 91%
To try and follow the tracks!
Track by smell: 1d100: [63] = 63 vs. 50%
An alternative approach to following the tracks.

Conditions:
150/150 SDC remaining; 12 minutes remaining. Form of the Leopard: Adds extraordinary PP, superhuman PS, energy claws, nightstalking, enhanced leaping, supervision: nightvision plus the following natural abilities (Monsters and Animals, P. 217): Climb 90%, prowl 90%, track by smell or sight 50%, exceptional hearing and eyesight. +1 APM, energy aura inflicts 2d6 plus normal punch. Cannot safely touch anyone/anything.


Maia pauses mournfully to try and correct any damage done to the local flora- doubly mournful if her own abilities are responsible. Still, the great cycle being what it is, one cannot mourn every small loss of life. She decides to take her angst out on any litter she spies- atomizing it (or at least batting it out of the way) with her claws as she hunts for any sign or clue of who might be responsible for this despoliation. For once, the infested are on the right side of things, if the name of these ‘Pollutioners’ is to be believed. Then she finds something useful.

Unusual tracks. Very unusual. Not typical of The Life. Different. Mutant. Alter. Yes. A clue! Maia rounds enthusiastically, then realizes that she’ll need to go inside to report to the others. Steeling herself for a moment (okay, a couple moments), she returns to the entrance of the desalinization plant, pokes as little of her head through the door as she can while still being able to be understood, and calls out to the others with an emotionless insistence. ”BRUTE. TRACKS, FOUND. SMELL. CAN TRACK. TRACE. HUNT AND KILL. NOW.” Maia then returns outside, careful not to disturb her precious clues. Her new form comes with only modest scent tracking, but she has seen Brute do so before and is confident he will serve for now if she cannot find the trail. While waiting for the others, Maia goes over the area again with a fine-toothed comb- looking in particular for where the tracks went and/or where they came from. If she finds any visual clues, she will begin following them. If the others delay more than a few minutes, and Maia has some idea of where to go, she will turn back and growl impatiently. ”FOLLOW.”
SAY MY NAME, INSECTS
Passive abilities: See infrared/ultraviolet (range 450ft.).
2/4 healing touches today; 800/930 SDC remaining.
User avatar
Diomedes
Posts: 125
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:59 am

Re: Alpha: Down to Zero

Post by Diomedes »

Perception: 1d100: [22] = 22 vs 35% +30% vs Vampires/Undead, +20% Demons/Monsters
JIC: 1d20: [2] = 2 , 1d100: [37] = 37

  • Natural AR: 13
  • H.P..: 259/259
  • S.D.C.: 107/107
  • P.P.E.: 260/280
  • Spd: 75'/action



Heart with Large Wings - Flight | 20 PPE | 120 min | 100 mph | 4000' | +1 Strike/Dodge, +3 HTH Damage


  • Omega Suit
  • Omega Field Kit





Diomedes descends from the ceiling, saying as his feet touch the ground, "The hole above was made from within the building. It doesn't appear to be caused by a projectile, but by something that burned or melted its way through the roof. With this poor woman dead for sometime, it would seem one of her captors did it." When he hears the ransom note he frowns, Why demand the ring when they could have taken it from her? "The note implies that someone else took, tore the ring by the looks of it, off of her. Then these 'Pollutioners' either captured her and killed her or found her and brought her here. But if it is her ring..." the large man trails off. He scratches his chin, "A psychic would be useful here. One to delve into U-235's mind to find out how he obtained the ring and perhaps be able to learn something about whomever these 'Pollutioners' are. We also need to speak to the Geo-Rangers, maybe they know how Fire obtained her magic ring in the first place."

With the lack of any need for righteous beatings inside the building, Diomedes follows Maia outside. He calls after her, but knows he will most likely be ignored. "Thámnos! Wait for me! What did you find?" He follows behind her noting the tracks and checking to either side of the main track that she is following to see if others either joined or left the larger foot prints. If they pass through taller plants or bushes, he checks for broken or bent branches and stems.

Track People 75% vs 1d100: [32] = 32 | Find the perps!
Track Animals 70% vs 1d100: [81] = 81 | Find the perps pets!
Diomedes, EP Record

M.D.C.: 275
Sense Vampires: 600'
User avatar
Shazbut
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:59 pm
Location: Century Station

Re: Alpha: Down to Zero

Post by Shazbut »

JIC: 1d20: 1d20: [13] = 13 , 1d100: 1d100: [14] = 14
Perception: 34% / 1d100: [61] = 61

  • Mimic active: no
  • H.P.: 19/19
  • S.D.C.: 163/163
Blackhaunt wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:37 pm Upon arrival, Shazbut sees the hole in the roof and from a distance thinks he can tell that it is a hole created from inside. But he'd need to be closer to truly tell. Outside, he looks around the exterior for security cameras. He finds mounts where they should be and piles of junk on the ground below them.
Outside the building Shazbut looks curiously at the junked security cameras. "Lot of trouble to go to. Maybe before destroyed they record somethings?" He turns to the Corporal and his teammates. "If not you must know time they stop working, so you know when these people hit this place?"

The skunk thinks on the words in the note. Every day we don't get our ring we make the planet a little less green. He frowns slightly. "So if these Pollutioner Peoples have a new target in mind for every day, I wonders what green thing they want to destroy tomorrow? If it me I would already be there today to make sure it a good choice." He glances about suddenly, "Or I would be watching this place now to see which Omegas coming after me."
Blackhaunt wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:37 pm Anyone who can reach the inside ceiling where the hole exists is able to tell that the hole was created from the inside and by something HOT. Shazbut takes a look outside to see if there is any debris from the roof but sees nothing. Diomedes does not find any sort of clue on the roof which makes sense since the damage was seemingly caused from the inside.
...
There would be many foot prints in the area due to an entire police investigation unit being deployed, but these were obvious and unique. They were surrounded by a series of other footprints that, while normally sized, were unique in their own rights. Some of them were melted into the gravel, others seemed to leave behind trace amounts of residue. Yet others were only noticeable due to a faint campfire odor contained within the lightest imprint thought possible by the human form.
He looks at the large footprint and footprints melted into the gravel in awe. What can do this? Then he compares this to the residue prints, and the campfire odor prints. Are these the same person? He tries to work out whether the residue is perhaps a step from the same individual, albeit at a lower temperature, and that perhaps the prints are getting hotter and meltier with each step. Or whether they are in fact different persons? Different sizes of prints for campfire smell, residue and melted gravel types? "Maybes every Pollutioner icks out a different kind of ick?"

Tracking: People 50%: 1d100: [7] = 7 (SUCCESS) - Work out how many different Pollutioners there are, and where they came from and went

Using Heightened Sense of Taste on footprint residue - is this a different Pollutioner and what kind?
Recognize common ingredients (gasoline included) 82%: 1d100: [99] = 99 (CRITICAL FAIL)
Recognize exotic tastes such as chemicals, toxins and poisons 45%: 1d100: [60] = 60 (FAIL)

While doing so he considers the idea of a polluting platoon of people. "Maybes one Pollutioner is this rotty egg smell. Another is gravel melter who melt all machines and cameras." He turns to the team and asks, "How many rotten egg smelling peoples in Omega files? You have a Miss Methane? Mr Farts? Any of those you know that work with some kind of hot fire person?"

He winks conspiratorially. "I only know you have memes."
Last edited by Shazbut on Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shazbut
Natural Abilities
  • Feel vibrations 72% accuracy. Cannot be snuck upon or caught by surprise from a nearby opponent. Range 45ft. (13.6m).
  • Impervious to radiation that is normally deadly to humans.
  • Can see ultraviolet light.
  • Radiates low levels of radiation.
User avatar
Brute
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
Posts: 715
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:48 am
Location: Starkville, MS
Contact:

Re: Alpha: Down to Zero

Post by Brute »

Perception 51% 1d100: [34] = 34 (SUCCESS)

JIC: 1d20: [10] = 10
JIC: 1d100: [23] = 23

Corporal Hurt wrote:"The amount of paperwork I've gotta do for this? Take all day if you want. Yeah, the Geo Rangers were contacted. They've got a ways to travel, but they're on their way. Someone takes out one of your own, you do whatever it takes, y'know?"
Brute nods knowingly. Balisong will know they're coming... we may end up with another Teen Force Ultra situation on our hands, he thinks, remembering their volatile first contact with the teenaged superheroes when they came to Century Station to find their missing friend. "I'd like to be informed when they get here. They're going to be upset."

Inside, Brute takes a look at the ransom note. Okay, clearly they want the ring Maia tried on earlier. He spares a knowing glance at Crucible. "'The Pollutioners'? Sounds like a shitty pop-punk band."
Shazbut wrote:"So if these Pollutioner Peoples have a new target in mind for every day, I wonders what green thing they want to destroy tomorrow? If it me I would already be there today to make sure it a good choice. Or I would be watching this place now to see which Omegas coming after me."
Brute nods. "Keen insight. Good work, Shaz."
Shaz wrote:"Maybes one Pollutioner is this rotty egg smell. Another is gravel melter who melt all machines and cameras." He turns to the team and asks, "How many rotten egg smelling peoples in Omega files? You have a Miss Methane? Mr Farts? Any of those you know that work with some kind of hot fire person? ...I only know you have memes."
Brute smiles, thinking back to whether he'd ever heard of these Pollutioners.

Intelligence 54% 1d100: [96] = 96 (The Pollutioners - CSPD and related crime files - CRIT FAIL)
Streetwise 64% 1d100: [89] = 89 (The Pollutioners - word on the street - FAIL)

As he listens to the forensic examiner's opinion, Maia comes in, in cat form.
Maia wrote:”BRUTE. TRACKS, FOUND. SMELL. CAN TRACK. TRACE. HUNT AND KILL. NOW.”
"All right Omegas, Maia found us a lead." Brute follows her feline form out to where she'd found tracks. "Excellent work, Maia. Let's find these threats to The Life." Brute kneels down to examine the footprints, using his antennae to suss out hidden information that his normal senses alone would not detect.

Track by scent 48% 1d100: [100] = 100 (CRIT FAIL)
Identify common odors 98% 1d100: [75] = 75 (SUCCESS)
Identify uncommon odors 58% 1d100: [7] = 7 (SUCCESS)
Motion detector, 30’ radius range
Identify temperature (within 2 degrees) 98% 1d100: [55] = 55 (SUCCESS)
Identify wind direction and speed 88% 1d100: [67] = 67 (SUCCESS)

"We should follow, but... be careful. They may have left these tracks on purpose, so it could well be a trap."
Brute
OOC Comments
Normal Form
AR: 0
HP: 45/45
SDC: 186/186

Monstrous Form
AR: 13
HP: 40/40
SDC: 821/846

Motion detector, 20’ radius range
Predator’s hearing (+2 Initiative, 8X Normal)

Omega Suit v3.1.7
S.D.C. by Location:
  • Arms: 90 each
  • Legs: 100 each
  • Main Body: 250
  • *Body Camera: 15

Weight: 6 lbs
Modifiers:
  • AR: 17
  • *Body Camera (-2 to strike via aimed shot only)

Features:
  • Hyper-mimetic alloy fibers change size and molecular composition to fit wearer regardless of APS powers, shape or size changes.
  • Built-in short range encrypted radio transceiver (Omega freq only).
  • Built-in RFID transponder for C.S.P.D. verifies wearer is a Centurion to all C.S.P.D. and their precise GPS location within 20'
  • Body Camera located in center of chest.
  • Anti-Tamper system
  • Wrist mounted computer - allows real-time tracking of Omega agents in the field
User avatar
Shazbut
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:59 pm
Location: Century Station

Re: Alpha: Down to Zero

Post by Shazbut »

((Rolls carried))
Brute wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 7:04 am Brute nods. "Keen insight. Good work, Shaz."
Wooo! I'm participating! The skunk grins.
Brute wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 7:04 am "We should follow, but... be careful. They may have left these tracks on purpose, so it could well be a trap."

"It make sense that they want us to find this footprints. Maybes lead us to a nice big landmine somewhere." the skunk wonders what he can do to avoid trappings.

"I no doubt your olfactory excellence Brute, but maybe a resmelling worth a try? At least maybe I learn how to do it better." the skunk mimic's Brute's wiggly antennae and ties to sniff out what his sense of taste could not.

"Maybe four wiggles better than two eh?" The skunk comically salutes Brute with the antennae, if that's at all possible.

Track by scent 36%: 1d100: [17] = 17 (SUCCESS)

Check smell of each different kind of footprint. Do they smell different?

The melted gravel prints - smell like heat burn, chemical, or something weirder?
Identify common odors 86%: 1d100: [16] = 16 (SUCCESS)
Identify uncommon odors 46%: 1d100: [70] = 70 (FAIL)

The residue prints - this a residue from burning, or something weirder?
Identify common odors 86%: 1d100: [22] = 22 (SUCCESS)
Identify uncommon odors 46%: 1d100: [51] = 51 (FAIL)

The campfire prints
Identify common odors 86%: 1d100: [47] = 47 (SUCCESS)
Identify uncommon odors 46%: 1d100: [45] = 45 (SUCCESS)

Identify temperature (within 2 degrees) 86%: 1d100: [84] = 84 (SUCCESS) <- check residual temperature of prints, and then the ground around the prints. Perhaps heat might lead where physical prints are too faint

Identify temperature (within 2 degrees) 86%: 1d100: [94] = 94 (FAIL) <- check residue footprints, is the residue burnt in nature? Is it hot? Or is this a different kind of Pollutioner?

If the team catches a lead and try to follow a scent path, Shazbut watches for traps and ambushes. He figures someone would be watching them with a drone.. or in person if they like crazy risks.. and takes Brute's suggestion of a trap very seriously.

Detect Ambush 55%: 1d100: [14] = 14 (SUCCESS)
Detect Concealment 50%: 1d100: [12] = 12 (SUCCESS)
Shazbut
Natural Abilities
  • Feel vibrations 72% accuracy. Cannot be snuck upon or caught by surprise from a nearby opponent. Range 45ft. (13.6m).
  • Impervious to radiation that is normally deadly to humans.
  • Can see ultraviolet light.
  • Radiates low levels of radiation.
User avatar
Crucible
Posts: 92
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:22 pm

Re: Alpha: Down to Zero

Post by Crucible »

Perception 37%/62% to recognise the arcane 1d100: [84] = 84
JIC 1d100: [54] = 54 1d20: [10] = 10
Blackhaunt wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:37 pm "No sir. Corporal lands you right above an officer and right below a sergeant. Senior officer with supervisory duties, barely any extra pay, but you get a fancier patch." Her tone is dry as a fast food biscuit with no soda, but maybe that was an attempt at a joke.
"Get a title, more to do and not a lot more money. Sure sounds like the army," he jokes with the Corporal.
Blackhaunt wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:37 pm "No immediate suspects. I mean, besides the ones who claimed the crime. You'll see. It's all inside. Smells? Well, it smelled like everything bad in there. Rotten eggs, dead people, a fresh rainy day, but in a bad way. You never know what you'll get when supers are involved. No offense. Impressions? No one ever asks me for my opinion. It's just, sign this, make sure no one shoots themselves in the foot. I'd say you've got a classic super hostage situation gone bad. Why this place was targeted, I couldn't tell you. But it looks like this girl lost, whatever it was."
"If you think of anything, please let me know. Has anybody been assigned to canvass the area yet?" Crucible asks, all business suddenly. Never discount the possibility somebody saw something because they happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Brute wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 7:04 am Inside, Brute takes a look at the ransom note. Okay, clearly they want the ring Maia tried on earlier. He spares a knowing glance at Crucible. "'The Pollutioners'? Sounds like a shitty pop-punk band."
"Not sure the Geo-Rangers is much better as a name. We need to establish a timeline here. The fact the ring ended up with U235 is the key here. The Pollutioners want it, so they didn't sell it. Did the U235's crew take her down and purloin the ring? Did she sell it or give it away? Her own team? Or do we have a fourth party that we are unaware of?" Crucible rattles off a list of possibilities, his brain coming up with potential avenues of enquiries for the investigation.

He ponders the note and whether his locate spell could use the note as a focus for finding the Pollutioners. Knowing next to nothing about them, it might still provide a link to their whereabouts.

Lore: Magic 1d100<70: [10*] = 1
http://explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewto ... 64&t=17657

[ooc]PPE: 706
HP: 46
SDC: 71
Age: 27
Sex: Male
Height: 6 ft 3
Weight: 210lbs
Description: Tall, well built, muscular, with long flowing robes that cover his body. In civilian clothes, wavy brown hair cut military short, wears large shades to cover his left eye, with slightly weathered skin. Average looking with a strange false left eye. often seen carrying a book of various different subjects.

Eye of Odin
20/20 vision, Nightvision (600', constant, no cost)), See Aura (constant, no cost), See the Invisible (constant, no cost)[/ooc]
User avatar
Tom Cassidy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 138
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:24 pm
Location: Heroes Unlimited: Century Station

Re: Alpha: Down to Zero

Post by Tom Cassidy »

Perception: 1d100<66: [68] = 0
JIC: 1d20: [3] = 3 / 1d100: [15] = 15

Barricade raises an eyebrow as everyone else shares their findings. Geez, you'd think we were all cops here on Team Alpha... but they're not wrong either...

"Agreed," he grunts. "Definitely brought here, not killed here. Cause of death would definitely be an acute trauma here to the chest. Probably quick but not painless. Judging by the bone fragments, I'd say the ring finger was ripped off... and not very carefully either. My rough guess is she got killed and someone snatched the finger before the Pollutioners could claim the ring. It'd explain the ransom note, anyway. And since she wasn't killed here, and since clearly these Pollutioners never had her ring, I think we can assume someone with similar abilities made that hole in the ceiling." His brow furrows under his mask. "What puzzles me though is the rest of this hand. I could understand general injuries -- I mean, if someone knows your power source is a ring I'd expect people to target your hand -- but what I don't get is this withering. Maybe a side-effect of the ring's powers? Low-level radiation over a long period of time, maybe? But if that's the case, wouldn't she take precautions, like an insulated glove or something? Enh, now I'm just rambling." He stands up and looks over at the forensics officer. "Any early ideas what might have caused that?"

It'd be easier if we had any kind of detailed files on these Geo-Rangers, of course... he grouses silently. But C.H.I.M.E.R.A. probably has their hands full just keeping up with the supers in Century Station. Best to figure out what we can here and consider any outside info a bonus.

He scans around for the piles of scrap that may have once been security cameras. "Probably no way to view security footage for clues either. Corporal, do you know if the footage was stored here on the premises or would there be some off-site recording?"
Crucible wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 2:27 pm"Not sure the Geo-Rangers is much better as a name. We need to establish a timeline here. The fact the ring ended up with U235 is the key here. The Pollutioners want it, so they didn't sell it. Did the U235's crew take her down and purloin the ring? Did she sell it or give it away? Her own team? Or do we have a fourth party that we are unaware of?"
Barricade nods. "I wouldn't rule out a traitor in their ranks, but I'm not sold on that either. And would you willingly pawn off the source of your super abilities? Possible, but I doubt it unless that withering was causing her to reconsider her career choice as a superhero. U235's crew being responsible for the hit and the finger would simplify things, sure, but how did the Pollutioners get their hands on the body?" He half grumbles, half growls. "There's just too much we don't know and likely won't know until the autopsy's done... or the hideout evidence is examined... or both, for that matter..." he shakes his head.
Brute wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 7:04 am"All right Omegas, Maia found us a lead." Brute follows her feline form out to where she'd found tracks. "Excellent work, Maia. Let's find these threats to The Life."

"We should follow, but... be careful. They may have left these tracks on purpose, so it could well be a trap."
"Dad had a saying: 'assume everything's a trap and you can only be pleasantly surprised.' Times like this make me wish I had listened to him more." Barricade mutters as he manifests a flight disc and his force field armor. "Here's hoping they don't lead us into another alien-infested sewer, though -- I've already reached my quota on those this week..." he adds with a grin as he glides along a few inches off the ground following behind Maia-Kitty.
User avatar
Blackhaunt
Dimension Master
Posts: 945
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:39 am
Location: DIMENSION MASTER: CENTURY STATION
Contact:

Re: Alpha: Down to Zero

Post by Blackhaunt »

You know what I'd be doing if I were in Century Station? Sweating? Choking on smog?
15 Seaway Drive, Victoria Beach, Century Station
Date: Tuesday April 14th, 2043
Weather: Cloudy, cool, humid (63 degrees Fahrenheit)
Time: 11:45 am-1:10 pm
Crucible wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 2:27 pm "Has anybody been assigned to canvass the area yet?"
Corporal Hurt nods her head. "Yes, sir. We've got agents looking for witnesses as we speak. I've not heard back, so nothing to report on that front."

Various theories as to what transpired are thrown around, with Diomedes recommending a psychic reading of U-235's mind to learn of the acquisition of the ring. Barricade shares his conclusions with the team, bringing up her odd hand and the potential of damage from power use?
Tom Cassidy wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 2:37 pmHe scans around for the piles of scrap that may have once been security cameras. "Probably no way to view security footage for clues either. Corporal, do you know if the footage was stored here on the premises or would there be some off-site recording?"
The Corporal points to an office in the back who's door is broken off the hinges. Upon inspection, Barricade can see an entire bank of computers. Probably all for different purposes, all completely destroyed. "We gave one of the eggheads what we could find of a hard drive. Probably formulas about water treatment or fantasy football records. Nothing of..." From the other room, Barricade can hear fast footsteps followed with someone yelling "Corporal! Corporal! I did it!" A man in a white lab coat stumbles in with a laptop that he just barely manages not to drop. Without another word, he opens the laptop and presses play on a media player.

Timestamp: 02:15:26 AM Tuesday April 14th, 2043
The camera is in Black and White due to the lights being out in the plant. Nothing is happening. "Oh, shit. Fuck. Wrong file. Hold on."

The not-so-good-at-his-job computer guy clicks a few things and then shows the two of you the screen again.
Timestamp: 03:17:47 AM Tuesday April 14th, 2043
The camera is in Black and White due to the lights being out in the plant. Nothing is happening. And then, the bay door is swung open from the outside. A group of five humanoids stroll in, all wearing black hooded sweatshirts. One of them is gargantuan and their sweatshirt is more like a large quilt draped over them. One is wearing a gas mask, another has a face that seems wrong but without color details, there's no explaining how. Yet another seems starved. The last has a face that seems masked. The gargantuan one lays down the body of Vanessa Ikeda while the rest begin displaying superhuman abilities. The gasmasked one shoots energy blasts that temporarily switch the camera to color mode, the gaunt one displays some sort of telekinetic ability as they tear the plant apart with their gestures. The masked one turns and looks toward the camera. The mask dissolves and there is suddenly a large plume of smoke obscuring the view of the camera. Then the feed cuts.


Brute thinks about whether he knows of these Pollutioners. He can think of nothing except that crappy pop-metal-scenecore band
Image
and their horrible yet catchy song 'Under the Dying Blossom of Autumn's Fall There Was No Greater Love Than...'.

Crucible thinks about whether or not a Locate spell would work to find the villains responsible for the note using selfsame note. His teachings dictate otherwise.

The Omegas with heightened senses of smell, or those who can borrow said senses, focus on tracking the various scents and footsteps they have found. They do so cautiously, keeping in mind that this could just as easily be a trap as a clue.

Maia is able to restore life to the plant life that has been ignored around the desalinization plant. She can feel their joy at being able to once again absorb the coastal moisture and absorb the refracted sunlight through the clouds. She also does a bangup job at zapping trash around the area. She then focuses on the footprints she found. She's able to see footprints starting from where she saw them in the gravel, leading into the plant. Sounding the alarm, she is able to get Diomedes, Brute and Shazbut to join the tracking efforts. All find the same frustration: the tracks begin at the gravel and lead into the plant. Relatedly, there are no signs of a vehicle other than the police cars (the tracks are directly traceable to the present vehicles) in the past day or so. No displaced or burned plants from a VTOL takeoff. Between their combined senses, they are able to discern the smell of ozone from the melted prints, sulfur from the residue prints, and from the lightest set of prints, burning peat moss. There's another set of prints as well but no particular smell coming from them. They lead together to the front door of the plant, the odorless set veers to the right before rejoining the others. They all walk through the front door where they split up, some running, some prints stopping and starting in a place that makes it clear they were not using normal human movements. Then they all form a circle around the body before they stop making prints.

What are you doing?
Let the GAMES begin.
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Shazbut
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:59 pm
Location: Century Station

Re: Alpha: Down to Zero

Post by Shazbut »

JIC: 1d20: 1d20: [11] = 11 , 1d100: 1d100: [12] = 12
Perception: 34% / 1d100: [41] = 41

  • Mimic active: no
  • H.P.: 19/19
  • S.D.C.: 163/163

Blackhaunt wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 4:54 pm
Timestamp: 03:17:47 AM Tuesday April 14th, 2043
The camera is in Black and White due to the lights being out in the plant. Nothing is happening. And then, the bay door is swung open from the outside. A group of five humanoids stroll in, all wearing black hooded sweatshirts. One of them is gargantuan and their sweatshirt is more like a large quilt draped over them. One is wearing a gas mask, another has a face that seems wrong but without color details, there's no explaining how. Yet another seems starved. The last has a face that seems masked. The gargantuan one lays down the body of Vanessa Ikeda while the rest begin displaying superhuman abilities. The gasmasked one shoots energy blasts that temporarily switch the camera to color mode, the gaunt one displays some sort of telekinetic ability as they tear the plant apart with their gestures. The masked one turns and looks toward the camera. The mask dissolves and there is suddenly a large plume of smoke obscuring the view of the camera. Then the feed cuts.
The skunk watches the power display with wide-eyed fascination. I wonder why that one has gas mask? He no like smoke from mask man?

Blackhaunt wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 4:54 pm Sounding the alarm, she is able to get Diomedes, Brute and Shazbut to join the tracking efforts. All find the same frustration: the tracks begin at the gravel and lead into the plant. Relatedly, there are no signs of a vehicle other than the police cars (the tracks are directly traceable to the present vehicles) in the past day or so. No displaced or burned plants from a VTOL takeoff. Between their combined senses, they are able to discern the smell of ozone from the melted prints, sulfur from the residue prints, and from the lightest set of prints, burning peat moss. There's another set of prints as well but no particular smell coming from them. They lead together to the front door of the plant, the odorless set veers to the right before rejoining the others. They all walk through the front door where they split up, some running, some prints stopping and starting in a place that makes it clear they were not using normal human movements. Then they all form a circle around the body before they stop making prints.

Shazbut walks back and forth across the frustratingly short tracks. He describes the smells of the various prints to anyone who doesn't know.

Standing on the gravel, he notices how the tracks just start there and don't seem to come from anywhere. "How can they just start here?" he wonders out loud. An idea begins to form in his mind. It is a simple idea, he is a simple skunk after all. "It starts here because it starts here." He turns to his more experienced teammates. "Are there powers or magics that would teleport a group like this here to this spot?" He sniffs at the scent of ozone, sulfur and burning peat moss. What other ways to track? Not smelly or printy... Alphas had every cop in this city chasing after me with those radioactive clicky boxes! Is there radioactive stuff or magic power stuff coming out of a big teleport for all those peoples? "Does teleporting leave radiation trackings of some kind like you use to track me to U235's hidey place?"

He walks again into the building, and confirms the prints all end in a circle around the body. "And this place, this is where they all vanish? Teleportings?" He looks up at the ceiling hole, and wonders if they all could somehow fly out together. "I no think they all fly out ... maybe they did, but I wonders about just vanishing like a bunny into a magic man's hat." The thought makes him chuckle. "Now that is a trick I wish I could do!"

His eyebrows rise as another thought comes to him, he hops over to Brute and says in a low voice "Why they no put any instructions on note on where to delivery ring?" He pauses a moment, thinking and hoping he isn't saying anything stupid. He decides to press on. "It maybe because they can teleport, and we no need to find them. They plan to find us."

He pauses a moment, then another thought comes to him. "Why destroy this place? If they think U235 and or other mafias have ring they would not do this. Mafias would read the news, laugh and eat more pizza. You only do this if you already know authorities have ring. They are puzzle solving like we are puzzle solving."

The skunk looks about him with a dawning sense of dread, hoping he isn't right. He tries to imagine himself in the shoes of these Pollutioners, with what little he knows about them. "I angry pollutioner kid with bad haircut. I listen to all the wrong kinds of music and my brain has turned into something like stale cottage cheese. I am wanting this ring. The girl I kill does not have it and the peoples who took it, maybe U235, are all locked up. So I know authorities have ring. But who? So I blow up a place where authorities will come to investigate, and I make it a crime about the ring. Put body here that had ring and write a note about the ring. Police that come will then contact whatever team have the ring, so they will come here to investigate. I watch." He glances around again. "I watch this place and see who comes in the morning. Then I know who I have to kill, because it very likely the team who come are the team who took ring from U235. Now if I am teleporter team of bad peoples, I know target. Whoever is now in this place. Next I look for way to find them when they are not ready and hit them hard."

He shakes his fuzzy head. "Maybe not, I no know about this things and you Omegas do this all the time. How can we check if we are being watched now? I no know electronica tricks, magics or much about what powers are possible to watch this place. If you find watchings going on, I think these Pollutioners will come to us soon enough."
Shazbut
Natural Abilities
  • Feel vibrations 72% accuracy. Cannot be snuck upon or caught by surprise from a nearby opponent. Range 45ft. (13.6m).
  • Impervious to radiation that is normally deadly to humans.
  • Can see ultraviolet light.
  • Radiates low levels of radiation.
User avatar
Diomedes
Posts: 125
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:59 am

Re: Alpha: Down to Zero

Post by Diomedes »

Perception: 1d100: [72] = 72 vs 35% +30% vs Vampires/Undead, +20% Demons/Monsters
JIC: 1d20: [19] = 19 , 1d100: [68] = 68

  • Natural AR: 13
  • H.P..: 259/259
  • S.D.C.: 107/107
  • P.P.E.: 260/280
  • Spd: 75'/action



Heart with Large Wings - Flight | 20 PPE | 35 min | 100 mph | 4000' | +1 Strike/Dodge, +3 HTH Damage


  • Omega Suit
  • Omega Field Kit



Diomedes harrumphs as they all stand around the tracks that are all standing around where the body was found. We've walked in a circle and come back to where we started. Where is a goodly necromancer when you need one to read the memories of the dead?

He nods in agreement with Shazbut. "Fly, teleport, anti-gravity, they have some means of traveling without crossing the intervening space. It does seem like this has been done to deliberately provoke outrage. An attempt to goad us into making a mistake. If they are out there watching us, it would seem like we should oblige them. Let's make a 'mistake' where it is most beneficial to us at some point."

"We should not leave the ring unguarded. If Shazbut's suspicions are correct, then they will attempt to track us and are home is not a secret." He looks around and says, "I will check the roof one more time to see if I missed anything." He flies up and makes a show of examining the roof, but from the higher altitude, his real goal is to look at what is around the desalination plant. Are there people or vehicles that look out of place? Watching from the streets. If there are other buildings, are there glints of reflected light from a camera being pointed at them?
Diomedes, EP Record

M.D.C.: 275
Sense Vampires: 600'
User avatar
Brute
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
Posts: 715
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:48 am
Location: Starkville, MS
Contact:

Re: Alpha: Down to Zero

Post by Brute »

Perception 51% 1d100: [53] = 53

JIC: 1d20: [9] = 9
JIC: 1d100: [27] = 27

Brute rolls his eyes as one of the worst bands he has ever heard pops unbidden into his mind. "Crap."

If anyone asks, Brute will respond. "It's nothing. Just their villain name reminded me of a band, called The Pollution-Bet Weenus," he states, clearly enunciating the deliberate mispronunciation of the band name.
Shaz wrote:"Are there powers or magics that would teleport a group like this here to this spot?"
Brute shrugs. "Yeah, teleportation exists. Also, they could have flown I suppose."

Brute takes another look around, dismayed by the lack of actionable intelligence. If we don't have a way to find them, we'll have to head back to HQ, and maybe try to find a way to lay a trap. We can use that ring as bait... Of course, they'll be expecting that.
Shaz wrote:"Maybe not, I no know about this things and you Omegas do this all the time. How can we check if we are being watched now? I no know electronica tricks, magics or much about what powers are possible to watch this place. If you find watchings going on, I think these Pollutioners will come to us soon enough."
"Yeah... I don't have those skills either."

Curious, he takes a closer look around, augmenting his senses with his antennae, to see if he can find any hidden cameras or out-of-place artifacts that might be used to spy on a person or an area.

Track by scent 48% 1d100: [38] = 38 (SUCCESS) (If any scents identified, track to source)
Identify common odors 98% 1d100: [2] = 2 (looking for the smell of electronics - CRIT SUCCESS)
Identify uncommon odors 58% 1d100: [19] = 19 (looking for materials that might be used in spells or enchanted objects - SUCCESS)
Brute
OOC Comments
Normal Form
AR: 0
HP: 45/45
SDC: 186/186

Monstrous Form
AR: 13
HP: 40/40
SDC: 821/846

Motion detector, 20’ radius range
Predator’s hearing (+2 Initiative, 8X Normal)

Omega Suit v3.1.7
S.D.C. by Location:
  • Arms: 90 each
  • Legs: 100 each
  • Main Body: 250
  • *Body Camera: 15

Weight: 6 lbs
Modifiers:
  • AR: 17
  • *Body Camera (-2 to strike via aimed shot only)

Features:
  • Hyper-mimetic alloy fibers change size and molecular composition to fit wearer regardless of APS powers, shape or size changes.
  • Built-in short range encrypted radio transceiver (Omega freq only).
  • Built-in RFID transponder for C.S.P.D. verifies wearer is a Centurion to all C.S.P.D. and their precise GPS location within 20'
  • Body Camera located in center of chest.
  • Anti-Tamper system
  • Wrist mounted computer - allows real-time tracking of Omega agents in the field
User avatar
Shazbut
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:59 pm
Location: Century Station

Re: Alpha: Down to Zero

Post by Shazbut »

((Rolls carried))

Brute wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:21 pm Brute shrugs. "Yeah, teleportation exists. Also, they could have flown I suppose."
Diomedes wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:07 am He nods in agreement with Shazbut. "Fly, teleport, anti-gravity, they have some means of traveling without crossing the intervening space. It does seem like this has been done to deliberately provoke outrage. An attempt to goad us into making a mistake. If they are out there watching us, it would seem like we should oblige them. Let's make a 'mistake' where it is most beneficial to us at some point."
"Anti-gravity... like my hover up-down board yes?" the little skunk replies to the enormous man. "They can't be all natural flying men, and looky how they all stands in a ring about Vanessa. They all getting on board a hover ride in a circle here and over her? It weird." He looks up and tries and assesses the hole in the roof. "Could they all fit in the hole in the roof? Evens that big Pollutioner?" He shakes his head. "My bets is someone of them can give them all power to leave and arrive all at once. They come here to stand in circle, and all go 'poof'!" His hands excitedly make an explosion motion as he describes what he thinks teleportation would look like.

"Crucible what you think? I knows nothing about mighty magics or ways of leaving from this pattern circle here around Vanessa." he shrugs, frustrated he cannot offer more to the team. I no think Crucible said more than two words to me since I got here. Hope I not saying something stupido.
Diomedes wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:07 am "We should not leave the ring unguarded. If Shazbut's suspicions are correct, then they will attempt to track us and are home is not a secret." He looks around and says, "I will check the roof one more time to see if I missed anything."
I no say what I thinks until we leave this place, not want sneaky Pollutioner spyings to hear He winks at Diomedes and says, "I have an idea what I would do, I tell you all later. Make sure no one sneaky listening first." He hesitates a moment. I just a homeless skunk not a professional... but I should try even with easy ideas! He adds, "Probably too obvious, but I think some more till then."
Shazbut
Natural Abilities
  • Feel vibrations 72% accuracy. Cannot be snuck upon or caught by surprise from a nearby opponent. Range 45ft. (13.6m).
  • Impervious to radiation that is normally deadly to humans.
  • Can see ultraviolet light.
  • Radiates low levels of radiation.
User avatar
Maia
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:07 am

Re: Alpha: Down to Zero

Post by Maia »

JIC: 1d20: [6] = 6 , 1d100: [84] = 84
PER: 1d100: [34] = 34 vs. 24%

Conditions:
150/150 SDC remaining; 12 minutes remaining. Form of the Leopard: Adds extraordinary PP, superhuman PS, energy claws, nightstalking, enhanced leaping, supervision: nightvision plus the following natural abilities (Monsters and Animals, P. 217): Climb 90%, prowl 90%, track by smell or sight 50%, exceptional hearing and eyesight. +1 APM, energy aura inflicts 2d6 plus normal punch. Cannot safely touch anyone/anything.


Maia articulates her disappointment at the tracks not going anywhere in a very straightforward manner. ”DISAPPOINTMENT.” She then agrees with Shazbut. ”TELEPORTATION. MANY.” Unfortunately, that does little to ease Maia’s frustration. Any group that idolizes pollution in this manner is obviously dangerous and unhinged, and she claws at the ground in impatience to be going and dispensing some righteous (and swift) justice. At the skunk’s suggestion that the bad guys may be watching the area, Maia briefly uses her dispersion ability to vanish, and become intimately aware of the area surrounding the entrance. In the unlikely event that she detects some form of surveillance within her detection area, she will reform and report as such. Otherwise she will reform a few seconds later and merely growl, ”NOTHING.” She growls again, and paws the gravel for good measure. Many questions remain, but why? What now? In the absence of any other orders from Brute, Maia does another lazy circuit of the area around the station, once again looking for clues (and damaged plant life to heal).
SAY MY NAME, INSECTS
Passive abilities: See infrared/ultraviolet (range 450ft.).
2/4 healing touches today; 800/930 SDC remaining.
User avatar
Crucible
Posts: 92
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:22 pm

Re: Alpha: Down to Zero

Post by Crucible »

Perception 37%/62% to recognise the arcane 1d100: [79] = 79
JIC 1d100: [50] = 50 1d20: [17] = 17
Blackhaunt wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 4:54 pm Corporal Hurt nods her head. "Yes, sir. We've got agents looking for witnesses as we speak. I've not heard back, so nothing to report on that front."
"Excellent. Probably a little redundant in this area, but if they could ask any potential witnesses if there were any sudden strange smells or weird noises if they aren't already please Corporal Hurt?" Crucible asks the Corporal politely

Watching the footage, then being showed the footprints that he didn't have the skill to track, he starts trying to piece things together. Why didn't they destroy the cameras instantly I wonder? Was it part of their plan or an egotistical desire to be seen doing this?

He reaches out with his senses, trying to sense any magic vestigium around the area of arrival and around the body. Is this just random damage out of spite or trying to send a message or is there a ritual component? The ring they are after is magical. Perhaps this is also magical. We don't know how the ring bonds with its owner and always potential that it needs severing.
OOC Comments
Sense magic 1d100<62: [67] = 0
Shazbut wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:23 pm "Crucible what you think? I knows nothing about mighty magics or ways of leaving from this pattern circle here around Vanessa." he shrugs, frustrated he cannot offer more to the team. I no think Crucible said more than two words to me since I got here. Hope I not saying something stupido.
"Lots of options how they could have arrived Shazbut. If not by hover vehicle, all of them appearing together in one spot suggests teleportation or a portal of some kind. Their footprints are all in one location, which suggests a restricted egress route. Otherwise their individual arrival would have been a little bit more haphazard judging by their appearances and behaviour. They wanted to be seen and weren't trying to hide their identities and abilities. Doing this was just as much about creating a spectacle as it was to send a message." he responds to Shazbut, not really looking in his direction, but intent on what he is looking at, "hopefully the canvass will provide some details. Quiet area, not likely to get rousted by the Police and this building if nothing else would generate some warmth. Some of your former fellows might have been around Brute." His tone is somewhat matter of fact

"As for your earlier question about whether any trace of energy would be left behind, again it depends on what they used. If it's magical, I or possibly Diomedes should be able to sense any remaining vestigium, though this is not a location predisposed to retaining it. Far too much modern construction and honestly neo-plastics don't retain magic worth a damn."

Crucible can be seen tracing with his hands and move of his feet, the pattern of their prints and movement patterns trying to establish if it was a ritual. Renewable energy so the name Pollutioneers implies that this might be anathema to them. The destruction out of spite rather than a need for it?

Recognize Wards, Runes and Circles 1d100<60%: [13*] = 1

If he thinks he is onto something, he will task each of the solid members of the team to match one of the Pollutioneers as seen on the video to establish the exact nature of the ritual.
http://explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewto ... 64&t=17657

[ooc]PPE: 706
HP: 46
SDC: 71
Age: 27
Sex: Male
Height: 6 ft 3
Weight: 210lbs
Description: Tall, well built, muscular, with long flowing robes that cover his body. In civilian clothes, wavy brown hair cut military short, wears large shades to cover his left eye, with slightly weathered skin. Average looking with a strange false left eye. often seen carrying a book of various different subjects.

Eye of Odin
20/20 vision, Nightvision (600', constant, no cost)), See Aura (constant, no cost), See the Invisible (constant, no cost)[/ooc]
User avatar
Tom Cassidy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 138
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:24 pm
Location: Heroes Unlimited: Century Station

Re: Alpha: Down to Zero

Post by Tom Cassidy »

Perception: 1d100<66: [11*] = 1
JIC: 1d20: [19] = 19 / 1d100: [69] = 69

Conditions:
- Force Field Armor: 300/300 SDC; 45.75 minutes remaining
- Flight Disc: 239.75 minutes remaining

Barricade looks over the surveillance footage along with the corporal and the man in the lab coat. "Thank you, sir. Let's see... Five perps, all clearly supers, and solid proof that Ikeda wasn't killed in this location. Well that's something at least. And they clearly did this for attention, a statement of some sort. But why be so vague in the ransom note?"

((I'm guessing the forensics guy didn't have any ideas as to the withered hand...))

----------------------------

He floats along behind the ones doing the active tracking, letting the ones with heightened senses/magical talents do the tracking while keeping an eye out for any ambushes or anything seeming out-of-place.
Shazbut wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:22 pmHe walks again into the building, and confirms the prints all end in a circle around the body. "And this place, this is where they all vanish? Teleportings?" He looks up at the ceiling hole, and wonders if they all could somehow fly out together. "I no think they all fly out ... maybe they did, but I wonders about just vanishing like a bunny into a magic man's hat." The thought makes him chuckle. "Now that is a trick I wish I could do!"
"That's definitely a possibility..." Barricade nods and points down to his own flying platform. "I'd lay money down on some sort of airlift in and out over teleportation, but your mileage may vary." He follows Shaz's gaze up to the hole in the roof. "Otherwise, why blast a hole that big and risk the whole roof caving in? Well, aside from 'because it's there' of course."
Shazbut wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:22 pm"I angry pollutioner kid with bad haircut. I listen to all the wrong kinds of music and my brain has turned into something like stale cottage cheese. I am wanting this ring. The girl I kill does not have it and the peoples who took it, maybe U235, are all locked up. So I know authorities have ring. But who? So I blow up a place where authorities will come to investigate, and I make it a crime about the ring. Put body here that had ring and write a note about the ring. Police that come will then contact whatever team have the ring, so they will come here to investigate. I watch." He glances around again. "I watch this place and see who comes in the morning. Then I know who I have to kill, because it very likely the team who come are the team who took ring from U235. Now if I am teleporter team of bad peoples, I know target. Whoever is now in this place. Next I look for way to find them when they are not ready and hit them hard."
Barricade frowns. "I'd like to say you're way off base, Fuzzy, but you may be closer to the truth than I'm comfortable with." He checks his watch (or whatever's showing the time). "So it's a little past 1300 now, that makes it roughly 8 hours since they busted up the joint according to the security footage. That's a long time to stay in a hiding place or maintain some sort of invisibility. If it were me I'd use a camera hidden away somewhere. I'd suggest we do a wider search of the area to find any or at least some place where someone could stake out for an extended period of time while keeping good sight lines on this facility."

A stray thought clicks. "Hey wait, didn't one set of tracks go off by themselves for a bit before coming back? Maybe we should start there and see where exactly they went?"

((OOC: I'm assuming that would have been pointed out during the tracking. If that's something that would have been kept secret, ignore this last bit.))
User avatar
Shazbut
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:59 pm
Location: Century Station

Re: Alpha: Down to Zero

Post by Shazbut »

((Rolls carried))
Tom Cassidy wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:15 pm "That's definitely a possibility..." Barricade nods and points down to his own flying platform. "I'd lay money down on some sort of airlift in and out over teleportation, but your mileage may vary." He follows Shaz's gaze up to the hole in the roof. "Otherwise, why blast a hole that big and risk the whole roof caving in? Well, aside from 'because it's there' of course."
"Maybe you right my friend. Maybe you right." The skunk narrows his eyes at the hole in the ceiling. "If I could teleport it would be big part of my attack plan. I would blow hole in roof so you not know my teleporty trick. Then when I am coming for you, all Omegas all looking up when I appear right behinds you." His fuzzy little skunk shoulders shrug. "Or they just flew out as you say."
Tom Cassidy wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:15 pm Barricade frowns. "I'd like to say you're way off base, Fuzzy, but you may be closer to the truth than I'm comfortable with." He checks his watch (or whatever's showing the time). "So it's a little past 1300 now, that makes it roughly 8 hours since they busted up the joint according to the security footage. That's a long time to stay in a hiding place or maintain some sort of invisibility. If it were me I'd use a camera hidden away somewhere. I'd suggest we do a wider search of the area to find any or at least some place where someone could stake out for an extended period of time while keeping good sight lines on this facility."

A stray thought clicks. "Hey wait, didn't one set of tracks go off by themselves for a bit before coming back? Maybe we should start there and see where exactly they went?"
"Ahh that is good thinkings!" the skunk tries to slap his forehead, but his anti-radioactive suit denies him a satisfactory slap. The skunk points out the spot where the odorless prints veered to the right. "It's over here!"

The skunk tries to help Barricade and any others present unravel where and what the odorless mystery Pollutioner might have been up to. Another thought pops into the skunk's mind. "If they are watching and have any brains, maybe they will think to grab hostage as leverage for ring like in all the stories I hear about. Especially if they do turns out to be teleporters." Shazbut's eyes are everywhere as he looks for any sign of, well, anything. "I would find someone who is easier target, not huge like Brute and Maia. Something small I think." He stops short and frowns, realising that such a target was likely himself. "Wow. I think I like Barricade's ideas better than mine. Never mind, I amateur who just guessing. Lots of manure from the fertile mind of Shazbut!" He chuckles nervously and resumes his searchings.

While examining the area, the skunk uses his Vibration ability to sense any unusual movement in the air about them. I no think they would be here in person invisible or something, but what do I know? Maybe I can feel them moving or even breathing.. He feels the vibrations in the air, and senses from where they came. Settling in to the symphony of air movements in and around the plant, the skunk walks slowly with his fuzzy ears twitching at any vibrations felt. He feels for anything that seems out of place. So long as the team is willing to spend the time snooping around, he'll patiently scour the area.
OOC Comments
If the use of the Feel Vibrations power requires Shazbut to remove his faceplate, he will do so unless the team objects
Feel Vibrations 72% : 1d100: [20] = 20 (SUCCESS)
OOC Comments
Range: 45 feet (13.6m)
Effect: Sense the presence of nearby movement and even estimate numbers and speed of approach. Cannot be snuck upon or caught by surprise.
Base skill: 01-72% accuracy.
He also tries to find anything the Pollutioners might have hidden to eavesdrop on the plant after they had left.
Detect Concealment 50% : 1d100: [40] = 40 (SUCCESS)

His expression behind his suit's faceplate darkens. "But I tell you now, if they do grab me and mail you a finger. Don't send them any ring. Instead, send them a bomb. A big one."
Shazbut
Natural Abilities
  • Feel vibrations 72% accuracy. Cannot be snuck upon or caught by surprise from a nearby opponent. Range 45ft. (13.6m).
  • Impervious to radiation that is normally deadly to humans.
  • Can see ultraviolet light.
  • Radiates low levels of radiation.
User avatar
Blackhaunt
Dimension Master
Posts: 945
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:39 am
Location: DIMENSION MASTER: CENTURY STATION
Contact:

Re: Alpha: Down to Zero

Post by Blackhaunt »

At least the Fire is out
15 Seaway Drive, Victoria Beach, Century Station
Date: Tuesday April 14th, 2043
Weather: Cloudy, cool, humid (63 degrees Fahrenheit)
Time: 1:10-1:45 pm
Crucible wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 3:56 pm
Blackhaunt wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 4:54 pm Corporal Hurt nods her head. "Yes, sir. We've got agents looking for witnesses as we speak. I've not heard back, so nothing to report on that front."
"Excellent. Probably a little redundant in this area, but if they could ask any potential witnesses if there were any sudden strange smells or weird noises if they aren't already please Corporal Hurt?" Crucible asks the Corporal politely
Corporal Hurt smiles at Crucible. "Please? Haven't heard that word in a while. Tell you what, if I get any intel, I'll shoot you a message. I didn't get your name, hero."

Diomedes flies up and takes a look around the plant, searching for any means of surveillance aimed their way. He sees nothing out of the ordinary. Besides the plant, there isn't much in this area of Victoria Beach. Brute also checks for anyone watching the Omegas and finds nothing. The only electronics he can smell are the ones destroyed behind him in the piles of slag. No magical ingredients, nothing. Maia disperses to confirm the idea that they are being watched but also comes up short.

They discuss amongst themselves the various methods the Pollutioners could have used for their egress. Flight, teleportation, magical/technological/superhuman versions of both. But without conclusive evidence, these are all just theories.

Crucible reaches out with his sizable magical senses to feel for any spells, enchantments, incantations, etc that have taken place here. Nothing. No magic present save for his flying, tattooed teammate. He looks for signs of a ritual and despite the fact that the group was standing in a circle as per their last tracks, there are no other signs that this could be a ritual. No lines drawn on the ground, no candle wax, no parchment, nothing.

Barricade has the thought to retrace the steps of the odorless set of footprints that veered off from the rest at the front door. With the help of his pro-tracker teammates Brute, Maia and Shazbut, he is able to follow them from their origin to a pile of electronics where a camera used to be. The tracks shortly rejoin the others.

Shazbut extends his vibro-sense to feel the air around him. He feels the many bodies present in the building moving about, some with smaller movements who he can see typing, writing or cataloging rubble. Others with larger movements like the frantic tech guy who keeps walking back and forth or Brute every time he draws in a breath. But the mutant skunk does not sense anything he cannot see.

Convened outside of the plant, The Omegas have seemingly exhausted what clues they are able to find on site. And that's when Barricade (so many failed perception checks from everyone else!) notices a rapidly approaching flying object about 500 feet up and 2000 feet away. He's not sure from where he's standing, but it seems to have the shape of a stage coach?

What are you doing?
Let the GAMES begin.
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Shazbut
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:59 pm
Location: Century Station

Re: Alpha: Down to Zero

Post by Shazbut »

JIC: 1d20: 1d20: [12] = 12 , 1d100: 1d100: [80] = 80
Perception: 44% / 1d100: [58] = 58

  • Mimic active: no
  • H.P.: 19/19
  • S.D.C.: 163/163


Failing to find anything might have annoyed some folk, but the skunk was delighted. No sneaky spyings here! Maybe these Pollutioners are not so tricky? His worried frown gradually eases as time wears on without any discovery that would prove they were being watched. No one is going to knock you out when you least expect it and drag you into some creepy basement with envelopes for fingers and notes about rings! Ha!

Deeply happy about finding nothing, the skunk hums a bright little tune while happily skipping a series of little dance steps. To any curious onlookers he simply grins and says, "Just following the tracks!"

Suddenly he stops short as an unwelcome thought disrupts his bliss. Or maybes they are trickier than you can think? For a moment his worrisome reverie threatened to return, but Shazbut decides to shake it off.

Finding himself at the exit doors of the wrecked plant he casts a final long thoughtful look at the vast wreckage within the plant. So what is their next step? No answer pops into his mind. I wish I was smarter.

Blackhaunt wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:39 pm Convened outside of the plant, The Omegas have seemingly exhausted what clues they are able to find on site. And that's when Barricade (so many failed perception checks from everyone else!) notices a rapidly approaching flying object about 500 feet up and 2000 feet away. He's not sure from where he's standing, but it seems to have the shape of a stage coach?
Shazbut stands with the others awkwardly at the sight of the flying stagecoach. "Well this is something I not see everyday," the skunk turns to the others. "Could it be these Geo-Rangers? They like hover coaches?"
Shazbut
Natural Abilities
  • Feel vibrations 72% accuracy. Cannot be snuck upon or caught by surprise from a nearby opponent. Range 45ft. (13.6m).
  • Impervious to radiation that is normally deadly to humans.
  • Can see ultraviolet light.
  • Radiates low levels of radiation.
User avatar
Brute
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
Posts: 715
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:48 am
Location: Starkville, MS
Contact:

Re: Alpha: Down to Zero

Post by Brute »

Perception 51% 1d100: [60] = 60

JIC: 1d20: [6] = 6
JIC: 1d100: [18] = 18

Brute completes a circuit of the water treatment plant, but again finds nothing. Keep coming up empty. Sighing, he turns to the others.

"I mean, there's plenty of evidence here... but nothing helpful. Anyone got anything?"

"Maybe I should call ops. See what they can turn up."

Brute will get on his radio to Omega HQ. "This is Brute to Omega HQ. Can you have someone send me any files that might exist on the Geo-Rangers, and their individual members, and the Pollutioners, and their individual members. Please and thank you."

If/when Barricade gives a heads-up about the strange flying vehicle, Brute steps outside to greet it, for better or worse.

Now who could this be?

"Heads-up, crew. Stay alert - this could be Geo-Rangers, or Pollutioners, or someone else entirely."
Brute
OOC Comments
Normal Form
AR: 0
HP: 45/45
SDC: 186/186

Monstrous Form
AR: 13
HP: 40/40
SDC: 821/846

Motion detector, 20’ radius range
Predator’s hearing (+2 Initiative, 8X Normal)

Omega Suit v3.1.7
S.D.C. by Location:
  • Arms: 90 each
  • Legs: 100 each
  • Main Body: 250
  • *Body Camera: 15

Weight: 6 lbs
Modifiers:
  • AR: 17
  • *Body Camera (-2 to strike via aimed shot only)

Features:
  • Hyper-mimetic alloy fibers change size and molecular composition to fit wearer regardless of APS powers, shape or size changes.
  • Built-in short range encrypted radio transceiver (Omega freq only).
  • Built-in RFID transponder for C.S.P.D. verifies wearer is a Centurion to all C.S.P.D. and their precise GPS location within 20'
  • Body Camera located in center of chest.
  • Anti-Tamper system
  • Wrist mounted computer - allows real-time tracking of Omega agents in the field
User avatar
Diomedes
Posts: 125
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:59 am

Re: Alpha: Down to Zero

Post by Diomedes »

Perception: 1d100: [73] = 73 vs 35% +30% vs Vampires/Undead, +20% Demons/Monsters
JIC: 1d20: [11] = 11 , 1d100: [38] = 38

  • Natural AR: 13
  • H.P..: 259/259
  • S.D.C.: 107/107
  • P.P.E.: 260/280
  • Spd: 75'/action





  • Omega Suit
  • Omega Field Kit



Diomedes floats back down from the roof, shaking his head. "Well my friends, if these villains are watching us from afar, they have found a good spot. Nothing caught my eye."

The large man moves back to the Omega's transport preparing to get inside when the incoming hover vehicle is spotted. Diomedes remembers something Agent Apizza would say during their briefings, 'Criminals always come back to the scene of the crime. They think they are smarter than whomever is after them and want to watch us run around in circles.' Vampires always like easy prey, we've caught many by just waiting for them to come back to someone they've slow bitten. Maybe this is the same.

As the vehicle approaches, he looks around to see if anything else is coming their direction.
Diomedes, EP Record

M.D.C.: 275
Sense Vampires: 600'
User avatar
Maia
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:07 am

Re: Alpha: Down to Zero

Post by Maia »

JIC: 1d20: [12] = 12 , 1d100: [88] = 88
PER: 1d100: [42] = 42 vs. 24%

Conditions:
150/150 SDC remaining; 12 minutes remaining. Form of the Leopard: Adds extraordinary PP, superhuman PS, energy claws, nightstalking, enhanced leaping, supervision: nightvision plus the following natural abilities (Monsters and Animals, P. 217): Climb 90%, prowl 90%, track by smell or sight 50%, exceptional hearing and eyesight. +1 APM, energy aura inflicts 2d6 plus normal punch. Cannot safely touch anyone/anything.


Maia will simply wait, crouched in her energy form, for Brute to decide on next steps. Most of this investigation stuff involves human things that she doesn’t completely understand. So many unnecessary add-ons to information. So many tools for keeping it and sharing it and using it. So complicated. Yet apparently effective. I must remember that these creatures behave according to a certain, twisted rationality. She will help Barricade follow tracks, and otherwise just mill about outside, continuing to work on the local plantlife. When she notices (or has pointed out to her) the incoming stagecoach, Maia’s posture will shift subtly into a more aggressive stance. Ready to pounce. When it gets near enough, Maia will bend the local timeline and peer into the future to see what the coaches’ inhabitants intend to do when they arrive. If they are Pollutioners, or otherwise hostile, she will growl a warning, ”ATTACK. THEY. WILL.”, then disperse herself so as to take them by surprise. If she foresees no hostile intent, or can’t see anything, she will use personal recognition to blend in with the other human staff working the area, and wait. Cautiously if she can’t divine the newcomers’ intentions, relaxed if she determines they are non threatening. ”ATTACK. THEY WILL. NOT.”
SAY MY NAME, INSECTS
Passive abilities: See infrared/ultraviolet (range 450ft.).
2/4 healing touches today; 800/930 SDC remaining.
User avatar
Crucible
Posts: 92
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:22 pm

Re: Alpha: Down to Zero

Post by Crucible »

Perception 37%/62% to recognise the arcane 1d100: [11] = 11
JIC 1d100: [84] = 84 1d20: [2] = 2

Blackhaunt wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:39 pm Corporal Hurt smiles at Crucible. "Please? Haven't heard that word in a while. Tell you what, if I get any intel, I'll shoot you a message. I didn't get your name, hero."
Crucible nods to her. "My code name is Crucible. Corporal Hurt." He supplies her with his comm number.
Brute wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:24 am "Heads-up, crew. Stay alert - this could be Geo-Rangers, or Pollutioners, or someone else entirely."
Crucible takes a few steps into cover, ready to flank whomever it is if they are hostile. Mentally, he begins preparing spells for combat, readying the sequences, starting with Armour of Ithan. As they approach, he extends his mystical senses, checking if these were something supernaturally evil and if not if they were magical somehow. The ring we have is magical. Good chance that they might all be if these are the Geo-Rangers.
Shazbut wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:59 pm Shazbut stands with the others awkwardly at the sight of the flying stagecoach. "Well this is something I not see everyday," the skunk turns to the others. "Could it be these Geo-Rangers? They like hover coaches?"
"Possibly. We know very little of them. However, I would suggest if they are hostile, not to stand close together in case they starting doing area based attacks or they try to flank us," he suggests to the group from where he stood off to the side.
http://explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewto ... 64&t=17657

[ooc]PPE: 706
HP: 46
SDC: 71
Age: 27
Sex: Male
Height: 6 ft 3
Weight: 210lbs
Description: Tall, well built, muscular, with long flowing robes that cover his body. In civilian clothes, wavy brown hair cut military short, wears large shades to cover his left eye, with slightly weathered skin. Average looking with a strange false left eye. often seen carrying a book of various different subjects.

Eye of Odin
20/20 vision, Nightvision (600', constant, no cost)), See Aura (constant, no cost), See the Invisible (constant, no cost)[/ooc]
User avatar
Blackhaunt
Dimension Master
Posts: 945
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:39 am
Location: DIMENSION MASTER: CENTURY STATION
Contact:

Re: Alpha: Down to Zero

Post by Blackhaunt »

Please remain seated until your vehicle is at a complete stop.
15 Seaway Drive, Victoria Beach, Century Station
Date: Tuesday April 14th, 2043
Weather: Cloudy, cool, humid (63 degrees Fahrenheit)
Time: 1:45-1:48 pm

The team thoroughly checks that they are not being surveilled and are collectively disappointed with the lack of further clues presenting themselves on-site. Shazbut seems exceedingly joyful at the lack of surveillance, skipping and humming his little heart out.

Brute radios in to Omega HQ.
Brute wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:24 am"This is Brute to Omega HQ. Can you have someone send me any files that might exist on the Geo-Rangers, and their individual members, and the Pollutioners, and their individual members. Please and thank you."
"Enigma to Brute. How's the field, Big Red? I miss it sometimes. The Centurions thing threw me for a loop. I lost a friendship through that. Anyway, sorry for the idle chatter, it helps me to widen my focus while searching through 16 datastreams at once. C.H.I.M.E.R.A. has nothing on the Geo-Rangers. This must mean they aren't local. Widening lens. Nothing so far on the coast. Widening lens. Not seeing…wait…wait…Midwest…Kansas…Got it. Sifting…Heh, the old save a cat from the tree trick, nice. OK… compiling cross-referenceable data… Who do you know who's got skills like me? No one, that's who. I'm the best, baby. Humble too. Compilation complete. Creating profiles… uploading profiles… Boom, bam, you owe me dinner and a movie, Jackson. Enigma out."

Brute's cell phone lights up. He goes to unlock it but finds it's already unlocked and open to a document. Enigma's good. Real good.
Name: Carrie Morris
ImageImage
Bounty: None
Alias: Earth
Race: Human
Sex: Female
Age: 24
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 160 lbs
Build: Medium
Eye Color: Green
Hair Color: Red
Skin Color: Caucasian
Distinguishing Features: Fond of hoop earrings
Threat Level: Low
Known Capabilities: Earth control
Previous Known Accomplices: Geo Rangers.
Last Known Location: Pure Grove, Kansas
Arrest Warrant For: None
Criminal Record: None.
History: Campaigner for various eco-justice organizations in Kansas, Carrie Morris somehow came across a magic ring that gives her control over the Earth.

C.H.I.M.E.R.A. dossier:
What is the NPC's public status? Unknown
Is the NPC working for C.H.I.M.E.R.A.? No
Is the NPC a Legionnaire? No
Is the NPC currently incarcerated at Gramercy Island? No
What is the NPC's current base of operations, if not incarcerated? Pure Grove, Kansas

Name: Gus Mack
ImageImage
Bounty: None
Alias: Air
Race: Human
Sex: Female
Age: 23
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 145 lbs
Build: Slim
Eye Color: Light Blue
Hair Color: White
Skin Color: Caucasian
Distinguishing Features: None
Threat Level: Low
Known Capabilities: Air control
Previous Known Accomplices: Geo Rangers.
Last Known Location: Pure Grove, Kansas
Arrest Warrant For: None
Criminal Record: None
History: Environmental Science student at Kansas State University, Gus Mack somehow came across a magic ring that gives her control over Air.

C.H.I.M.E.R.A. dossier:
What is the NPC's public status? Unknown.
Is the NPC working for C.H.I.M.E.R.A.? No.
Is the NPC a Legionnaire? No.
Is the NPC currently incarcerated at Gramercy Island? No.
What is the NPC's current base of operations, if not incarcerated? Pure Grove, Kansas

Name: Jaime Ramsey
ImageImage
Bounty: None
Alias: Water
Race: Human
Sex: Female.
Age: 30
Height: 6'
Weight: 185
Build: Slim
Eye Color: Blue-Green
Hair Color: Blonde
Skin Color: Caucasian
Distinguishing Features: Striking Jawline.
Threat Level: Low.
Known Capabilities: Water Control.
Previous Known Accomplices: Geo Rangers.
Last Known Location: Pure Grove, Kansas
Arrest Warrant For: None.
Criminal Record: None.
History: Socialite philanthropist, Jaime Ramsey somehow came across a magic ring that gives her control over Water.

C.H.I.M.E.R.A. dossier:
What is the NPC's public status? Unknown
Is the NPC working for C.H.I.M.E.R.A.? No
Is the NPC a Legionnaire? No
Is the NPC currently incarcerated at Gramercy Island? No
What is the NPC's current base of operations, if not incarcerated? Pure Grove, Kansas

Name: Iris Roth
ImageImage
Bounty: None
Alias: Spirit
Race: Human
Sex: Female
Age: 25
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 160 lbs
Build: Medium.
Eye Color: Green
Hair Color: Black
Skin Color: Caucasian
Distinguishing Features: None
Threat Level: Medium
Known Capabilities: Unknown
Previous Known Accomplices: Geo Rangers
Last Known Location: Pure Grove, Kansas
Arrest Warrant For: None
Criminal Record: None
History: Daughter of Pastor Jacob Roth of Pure Grove, Kansas. Religious studies major at Kansas State University. Iris Roth somehow came across a magic ring that gives her as of yet unknown capabilities.

C.H.I.M.E.R.A. dossier:
What is the NPC's public status? Unknown
Is the NPC working for C.H.I.M.E.R.A.? No
Is the NPC a Legionnaire? No
Is the NPC currently incarcerated at Gramercy Island? No
What is the NPC's current base of operations, if not incarcerated? Pure Grove, Kansas

Name: Vanessa Ikeda
ImageImage
Bounty: None
Alias: Fire
Race: Human
Sex: Female
Age: 32
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 170 lbs
Build: Medium
Eye Color: Black
Hair Color: Brown
Skin Color: Blush
Distinguishing Features: None
Threat Level: Low
Known Capabilities: Fire control
Previous Known Accomplices: Geo Rangers.
Last Known Location: Pure Grove, Kansas
Arrest Warrant For: None
Criminal Record: None.
History: Park Ranger at Mushroom Rock State Park, Vanessa Ikeda somehow came across a magic ring that gives her control over Fire.

C.H.I.M.E.R.A. dossier:
What is the NPC's public status? Unknown
Is the NPC working for C.H.I.M.E.R.A.? No
Is the NPC a Legionnaire? No
Is the NPC currently incarcerated at Gramercy Island? No
What is the NPC's current base of operations, if not incarcerated? Pure Grove, Kansas


Name: Crash Course
Image
Bounty: $1,000,000
Alias: None
Race: Unknown
Sex: Unknown
Age: Unknown
Height: 8'6"
Weight: estimated 400 lbs
Build: Stocky.
Eye Color: Unknown
Hair Color: Unknown
Skin Color: Patchwork of yellow, grey and white
Distinguishing Features: Helmet with blue lenses, protruding spikes, claws.
Threat Level: Medium
Known Capabilities: Extreme Strength
Previous Known Accomplices: Pollutioners: Megadeath, Decomp, Bile, Smog
Last Known Location: Mobius City, Kansas
Arrest Warrant For: Destruction of Property, Assault, Grand Larceny, Environmental Crime, Terrorism.
Criminal Record: 3 arrests. 3 convictions. 3 escapes.
History: Crash Course has single-handedly set the hero community of Mobius City back 10 years with the amount of damage he has caused. Thus far, they have not killed any one they've fought. Just maimed them and left them to think about going up against Crash Course again.

C.H.I.M.E.R.A. dossier:
What is the NPC's public status? Villain
Is the NPC working for C.H.I.M.E.R.A.? No
Is the NPC a Legionnaire? No
Is the NPC currently incarcerated at Gramercy Island? No
What is the NPC's current base of operations, if not incarcerated? Mobius City, Kansas


The Fugitive’s Story: Not much is known about the destructive force known as Crash Course.

Name: Megadeath
Image
Bounty: $1,000,000
Alias: None
Race: Unknown
Sex: Unknown
Age: Unknown
Height: 5'10"
Weight: estimated 160 lbs
Build: Average.
Eye Color: Unknown
Hair Color: Unknown
Skin Color: Unknown
Distinguishing Features: Gas mask, black clothing with green highlights, green hair (sometimes seen from under hood, possible wig?)
Threat Level: Medium
Known Capabilities: Radioactive blasts, explosives expert, master escape artist
Previous Known Accomplices: Pollutioners: Crash Course, Decomp, Bile, Smog
Last Known Location: Mobius City, Kansas
Arrest Warrant For: Destruction of Property, Assault, Grand Larceny, Environmental Crime, Terrorism.
Criminal Record: None. Never been caught.
History: Megadeath has caused Mobius City to rely entirely on imports for sustenance. All wildlife has fled the area or mutated into inedible monstrosities. All plantlife has withered or is teeming with radiation. They can be considered the true hand behind the maleficent transformation of the city from a sleepy slab city into an industrial terrorscape.

C.H.I.M.E.R.A. dossier:
What is the NPC's public status? Villain
Is the NPC working for C.H.I.M.E.R.A.? No
Is the NPC a Legionnaire? No
Is the NPC currently incarcerated at Gramercy Island? No
What is the NPC's current base of operations, if not incarcerated? Mobius City, Kansas


The Fugitive’s Story: Unknown.

Name: Decomp
Image
Bounty: $1,000,000
Alias: None.
Race: Unknown.
Sex: Unknown.
Age: Unknown.
Height: 6'
Weight: Unknown.
Build: Gaunt.
Eye Color: Yellow, no pupils.
Hair Color: None.
Skin Color: Brown and decayed.
Distinguishing Features: Looks half dead.
Threat Level: Medium
Known Capabilities: Disease control.
Previous Known Accomplices: Pollutioners: Crash Course, Megadeath, Bile, Smog.
Last Known Location: Mobius City, Kansas.
Arrest Warrant For: Vandalism, Intent to commit genocide, Wanton Destruction
Criminal Record: None. Never been caught.
History: Death. Decomp spreads death wherever they go and they go where they please.

C.H.I.M.E.R.A. dossier:
What is the NPC's public status? Villain
Is the NPC working for C.H.I.M.E.R.A.? No.
Is the NPC a Legionnaire? No.
Is the NPC currently incarcerated at Gramercy Island? No.
What is the NPC's current base of operations, if not incarcerated? Mobius City, Kansas.


The Fugitive’s Story: The being known only as Decomp has poisoned the citizens of Mobius City for over a decade. No one has lasted long enough to bring them in.

Name: Bile
Image
Bounty: $1,000,000
Alias: Unknown.
Race: Unknown.
Sex: Unknown.
Age: Unknown.
Height: 7'
Weight: Unknown.
Build: Massive blob.
Eye Color: Unknown.
Hair Color: None.
Skin Color: Green.
Distinguishing Features: Is a giant green blob.
Threat Level: Medium
Known Capabilities: Gelatinous body.
Previous Known Accomplices: Pollutioners: Crash Course, Megadeath, Decomp, Smog.
Last Known Location: Mobius City, Kansas.
Arrest Warrant For: Murder, kidnapping, Destruction of Property.
Criminal Record: Never been caught.
History: The jelly like being that goes by Bile has been seen rarely in Mobius City. Rumor has it that it may be an important part of why the city is so corrupt and ridden with crime.

C.H.I.M.E.R.A. dossier:
What is the NPC's public status? Villain
Is the NPC working for C.H.I.M.E.R.A.? No.
Is the NPC a Legionnaire? No.
Is the NPC currently incarcerated at Gramercy Island? No.
What is the NPC's current base of operations, if not incarcerated? No.


The Fugitive’s Story: Bile has been seen at the scene of three crimes, all heinous. One involved the kidnapping of the Mayor of Mobius City's daughter. She was not found for 3 years. When they did find her, she had been altered unrecognizably into a human-rodent hybrid that secreted toxins from its skin. Since then, Bile has been at the top of the wanted list in Mobius City, and the least frequently spotted supervillain there.

Name: Smog
Image
Bounty: $1,000,000
Alias: Unknown.
Race: Unknown.
Sex: Unknown.
Age: Unknown.
Height: Unknown (variable).
Weight: Unknown.
Build: Indescribable.
Eye Color: Light yellow
Hair Color: None.
Skin Color: Smoky black
Distinguishing Features: Is a cloud of smoke.
Threat Level: Medium.
Known Capabilities: Smoke form.
Previous Known Accomplices: Pollutioners: Crash Course, Megadeath, Decomp, Bile.
Last Known Location: Mobius City, Kansas.
Arrest Warrant For: Murder.
Criminal Record: Never been caught.
History: Smog is as elusive as Bile, but more frequently observed. Hiding in the many smokestacks present in Mobius City, Smog has been suspected of many murders throughout said location. Never caught and rarely seen, the only link is victims who died from smoke inhalation where there was no fire.

C.H.I.M.E.R.A. dossier:
What is the NPC's public status? Villain
Is the NPC working for C.H.I.M.E.R.A.? No.
Is the NPC a Legionnaire? No.
Is the NPC currently incarcerated at Gramercy Island? No.
What is the NPC's current base of operations, if not incarcerated? Mobius City, Kansas.


The Fugitive’s Story: Unknown.




As Brute begins perusing the file, Barricade creates 5 comical gloved hands from thin air out of his energy. Each tethered to his chest via a lifeline, making a visual not unlike a starfish's stomach. Each one extends to his teammate, one per and taps them on the shoulder until he gets their attention. Then the fingers all point toward the incoming craft. It's coming in pretty quickly.

The Omegas prepare for battle in their various manners. Diomedes sees nothing else approaching besides the single flying stage coach, Crucible plans out his attack while extending his ability to
He doesn't feel anything, but it could be that they are too far away.
, and Brute gets ready to say "Hi" with either his mouth or his fist. Maia expresses a control over time itself, peering into the
Maia can see the landed stage coach and four young women added to the current scene. One of them has black hair and is seemingly upset in Brute's direction. One with white hair is heading toward the plant shaking her head as she approaches the body. The blonde one leans against the stage coach, looking at her nails as if bored. And the redhead is staring directly at Maia. The look in her eyes seems inquisitive.
The results seeming mixed, Maia decides to blend into the human staff and wait with caution, warning the team that they will not be attacking.

The stage coach lands and four young women disembark. From the expressions on their faces, they are experiencing differing stages of loss.
Image
and an interesting necklace seems unaffected. She gets out of the vehicle and instantly, Crucible can feel the magic radiating from her right hand. She is adorned with various jewelry but her blue ring is definitely the one.

Image
seems saddened but determined. Her face shows signs of having been crying and her eyes wander all over the scene as she takes in detail. Crucible gets the same sense of enchantment from her but this ring is green. One detail she takes in is Maia's presence.

Image
immediately walks away from the group and toward the plant. Crucible only has a moment to sense her, but her white ring is full of magic.

Image
gets out last. Her ring has many colors and is definitely enchanted. She walks up to Brute (maybe cause he's tall, maybe cause he's red, who knows) and yells "Who the fuck is in charge here?!"

What are you doing?
Let the GAMES begin.
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Brute
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
Posts: 715
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:48 am
Location: Starkville, MS
Contact:

Re: Alpha: Down to Zero

Post by Brute »

Perception 51% 1d100: [81] = 81

JIC: 1d20: [4] = 4
JIC: 1d100: [45] = 45

Conditions: Monstrous Form
Enigma wrote:"How's the field, Big Red? I miss it sometimes."
"Eh, you know. One thing after another."
Enigma wrote:"The Centurions thing threw me for a loop. I lost a friendship through that."
Brute nods instinctively, adding "Yeah, that was a messed-up situation. I've been trying to repair our relationship with the Centurions since then but... It's slow going."

Not the least of which is because they demanded we arrest folks who saved our lives while we were injured and had dead people on the ground, He thinks, ruminating. Still... the past is past.
Enigma wrote:"Boom, bam, you owe me dinner and a movie, Jackson. Enigma out."
Brute sees the files open up on his cell phone and he grins. "Enigma, you're the best. If you're serious about that dinner and a movie you've more than earned it."

He has time to flip the file open and scroll through the Geo-Rangers dossiers, briefly, before the stagecoach lands. He slips his cell phone back into his pocket.
Iris Roth wrote:"Who the fuck is in charge here?!"
Brute raises a hand. "That'd be me, Miss Roth. Clint Jackson, Omega leader. Miss Ikeda's body is inside." He begins leading her inside. "CSPD and the Omega's have already been over the site, but if you see anything either team has missed, well... we'd value your contribution."

As they step inside, Brute takes a step to the side and allows Iris to view the body in silence.

After a minute or two - if Iris needs time to collect herself Brute will let that happen before speaking again, and silently review the Pollutioners' files at that time. He then says: "I am very sorry this has happened. We weren't aware of Miss Ikeda's movements in the city and, honestly, still aren't. We were told her body was found this morning, and as it happened to intersect with another case we were on - one involving stolen magical artifacts - we decided to investigate. Any information you can provide - what Miss Ikeda was doing in Century Station, where she was staying, who she might have met here - would be very beneficial to us tracking down and stopping whoever did this. The... Pollutioners, I think they're called. Based on the note. And the Pollutioners' info I just got sent."

"Likewise... if you have any questions for me, I'll be happy to answer them. I only ask for your own safety that your team liaise with us on this - superpowered people acting as vigilantes in the city is technically illegal, and we've been asked to arrest folks doing that before."

A frown crosses his face. With bad results.

"I don't like doing it. But we do have a record of working with groups from outside Century Station - groups like Ultra Force and Teen Force Ultra - especially when it benefits both Century Station and the outside team. We'd be glad to work with you on this. I think together we can find the Pollutioners and shut them down quickly."
Brute
OOC Comments
Normal Form
AR: 0
HP: 45/45
SDC: 186/186

Monstrous Form
AR: 13
HP: 40/40
SDC: 821/846

Motion detector, 20’ radius range
Predator’s hearing (+2 Initiative, 8X Normal)

Omega Suit v3.1.7
S.D.C. by Location:
  • Arms: 90 each
  • Legs: 100 each
  • Main Body: 250
  • *Body Camera: 15

Weight: 6 lbs
Modifiers:
  • AR: 17
  • *Body Camera (-2 to strike via aimed shot only)

Features:
  • Hyper-mimetic alloy fibers change size and molecular composition to fit wearer regardless of APS powers, shape or size changes.
  • Built-in short range encrypted radio transceiver (Omega freq only).
  • Built-in RFID transponder for C.S.P.D. verifies wearer is a Centurion to all C.S.P.D. and their precise GPS location within 20'
  • Body Camera located in center of chest.
  • Anti-Tamper system
  • Wrist mounted computer - allows real-time tracking of Omega agents in the field
User avatar
Shazbut
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:59 pm
Location: Century Station

Re: Alpha: Down to Zero

Post by Shazbut »

JIC: 1d20: 1d20: [14] = 14 , 1d100: 1d100: [32] = 32
Perception: 44% / 1d100: [29] = 29 (SUCCESS)
Blackhaunt wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 11:49 pm The results seeming mixed, Maia decides to blend into the human staff and wait with caution, warning the team that they will not be attacking.
Shazbut raises a fuzzy eyebrow at the most excellent disappearing act of Maia's. He's clearly impressed, and his mimic mind takes note. I have to remember that tricky trick incase I ever need it!
Blackhaunt wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 11:49 pm The stage coach lands and four young women disembark. From the expressions on their faces, they are experiencing differing stages of loss.
Ah this bad, how they can see their friend all broken like this inside?! I need to cover her! To Brute he says, "I go inside and cover her with a blanket. Not good to see friend broken like that without momento to prepare." If Brute doesn't object, the skunk leaves to do just that.

The paranoid mindset of Shazbut takes hold of his imagination once more. It's not too surprising since unknown things long ago wired the skunk for tasks of infiltration and destruction. Moving quickly to Corporal Hurt on the way inside, he says in a low warning voice, "Scusa Caporale Hurt. If the peoples who do this have the enough power," the skunk points to the wrecked plant, "this a very good time for ambush. Everything they want is now in same place and now we distracted with visitors." He nods to the magical ladies disembarking the stagecoach. "Eyes open. Please." He smiles grimly and adds. "I need blanket to cover the dead lady."

Charm/Impress 80%: 1d100: [59] = 59 (SUCCESS) <-- tries to come off as impressive, despite being an alien skunk with no experience with any of this sort of thing. At least, not that he remembers.

Shazbut then hops inside and uses a blanket or some other cover to respectfully cover the body of Vanessa Ikeda before her friends come inside.
Brute wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:17 am He begins leading her inside. "CSPD and the Omega's have already been over the site, but if you see anything either team has missed, well... we'd value your contribution."

As they step inside, Brute takes a step to the side and allows Iris to view the body in silence.
The skunk, if he's managed to cover poor Vanessa, warns the newcomers. "Is bad and I am sorry for your friend. Ready?" He uncovers her on request.


Charm/Impress 80%: 1d100: [94] = 94 (FAIL) <-- modulates his voice through Vocalisation to sound more compassionate, and less like a corny Italian skunk. Alas, he still sounds like a corny Italian skunk, but he's honestly trying. heh.
The skunk remains if needed, otherwise he returns outside the plant to watch for ... well ... troubles. Should trouble strike his instinctive reaction would be to use Vibration to become intangible and shout a warning in his most booming voice, enhanced with Vocalisation. Then he will drop into the very earth if serious attacks need to be avoided.

Pollutioners will fire the howitzers at this site about.... now? He looks about expectantly. Or maybe teleporties? He looks some more. Or maybes... nothing?
Maia wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 5:22 am Cautiously if she can’t divine the newcomers’ intentions, relaxed if she determines they are non threatening. ”ATTACK. THEY WILL. NOT.”
As he keeps a cautious eye on things the skunk's mind wanders. Maia's speaking is unique for Omegas. What part of world that from? He was starting to pick up on some of the Omega's mannerisms, and idly he toyed with various tones, accents and inflections of voice. After a moment, he has to stymie a sudden urge to laugh. If we catch these Pollutioners, imagine if she wanted to give mercy?! After a moment, he looks around to see if he's out of earshot of any others, and if so he quietly voices his thought.

"EXECUTE THE PRISONERS." The skunk imagines a hail of gunfire.. much like what he experienced with U235's goon squad. But then Maia will finish with.. "YOU MUST NOT.” Hah hah. Why are terrible things also funny things in this world?

Impersonation 43%: 1d100: [83] = 83 (FAIL) <-- trying to quietly intone a Maia-like voice, but perhaps she is too unique for Shaz to manage at this time

Hmmm. Must always remember to be patient and wait for Maia to finish thought!
Shazbut
Natural Abilities
  • Feel vibrations 72% accuracy. Cannot be snuck upon or caught by surprise from a nearby opponent. Range 45ft. (13.6m).
  • Impervious to radiation that is normally deadly to humans.
  • Can see ultraviolet light.
  • Radiates low levels of radiation.
User avatar
Diomedes
Posts: 125
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:59 am

Re: Alpha: Down to Zero

Post by Diomedes »

Perception: 1d100: [60] = 60 vs 35% +30% vs Vampires/Undead, +20% Demons/Monsters
JIC: 1d20: [20] = 20 , 1d100: [37] = 37

  • Natural AR: 13
  • H.P..: 259/259
  • S.D.C.: 107/107
  • P.P.E.: 260/280
  • Spd: 75'/action



Supernatural Vision - 60 min | Nightvision 1200', See The Invisible, See Aura, +1 Strike/Initiative



  • Omega Suit
  • Omega Field Kit


Lore: Magic 50% vs 1d100: [59] = 59 | Recognize magic circles, runes, etc | Does the necklace that Water is wearing have any mystical import?

Diomedes watches the flying stage coach come down and land. Ah techno-wizardry! He turns and grins back to Crucible as someone who might appreciate what they are seeing. His smile disappears as the women exit and he sees their expressions. He concentrates and activates his Three Eyes tattoo around his neck. Diomedes lets Brute step forward to take the lead and then moves up and to the right of him. He uses his enhanced vision to view the auras of the women.

Watching the various expressions, Diomedes notes the one who seems unaffected. He moves forward and greets her, "Hello miss." He holds out his hand, "I am Diomedes, now of the Omegas. What is your name?"

If she mentions that she is part of the Geo-Rangers, his face saddens. "We believe we have found one of your members, Fire. Her body is inside, please let me show you." He walks with her silently, listening to what she may say. After a few minutes, he says, "Much regarding her death is still a mystery. It seems that there are at least two criminal groups involved, the Pollutioners, and another possibly the group that the villain U235 works for." He watches her expression intently as he mentions the names. "Have you dealt with them before?"
Diomedes, EP Record

M.D.C.: 275
Sense Vampires: 600'
User avatar
Tom Cassidy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 138
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:24 pm
Location: Heroes Unlimited: Century Station

Re: Alpha: Down to Zero

Post by Tom Cassidy »

Perception: 1d100<66: [11*] = 1
JIC: 1d20: [3] = 3 / 1d100: [100] = 100

Conditions:
- Force Field/Construct SDC: 3,300/3,900
- Force Field Armor: 300/300 SDC; 45.25 minutes remaining
- Flight Disc: 239.25 minutes remaining
- Giant Cartoony Hand: 300/300 SDC; 69.75 minutes remaining (might as well run with it)

Barricade chuckles to himself as the flying stagecoach comes into better view. Well, that's something I never expected to see -- either here or outside Merctown... he muses silently as an old song inexplicably starts playing in his head.

He hangs back and lets the others take the lead in introducing themselves while keeping an eye on the surroundings, just in case the Pollutioners or anyone else decides now would be a good time to ambush both groups and the local authorities. If any of the Geo-Rangers make eye contact he'll give them a slow nod and a sad smile. "I'm Barricade... and I'm very sorry for your loss, ladies..." he'll add if any come up to him.

When the groups come back to the body he'll share his findings as well and will point to her withered hand. "Just out of curiosity, was her hand like this before?"
User avatar
Crucible
Posts: 92
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:22 pm

Re: Alpha: Down to Zero

Post by Crucible »

Perception 37%/62% to recognise the arcane 1d100: [56] = 56
JIC 1d100: [30] = 30 1d20: [13] = 13

When Barricade's extendable hand taps him on the shoulder to look up, he sees the flying coach.

Is this Chitty Chitty Bang Bang or somebody with a thing for those Harry Potter movies?
Diomedes wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:29 pm He turns and grins back to Crucible as someone who might appreciate what they are seeing.
"So going to have to ask them about that, after we deal with the murder of course." Crucible is definitely intrigued, but he also ponders how they are going to act. Hopefully they weren't about to blow straight in and cause a fight. Be bad if they had to take them down.
Blackhaunt wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 11:49 pm Blue hair immediately walks away from the group and toward the plant. Crucible only has a moment to sense her, but her white ring is full of magic.
Presumptuous of her going straight to the crime scene and I doubt they have any authority here. Best step lightly, but not let them get in trouble.

Crucible steps in front of her, blocking her access and bows politely to her.

"You have my condolences on the loss of your friend!" he says politely and with some remorse for her loss. He tries to make it seem as if he is merely engaging her in conversation, but if she tries to access the crime scene before Brute gives them permission. "I believe there are some protocols you will need to follow before you can access the crime scene."

When permission is given, he immediately changes tack. "If you would follow me please?" He motions for her to follow him and leads them to the body, where he gives them space to react and grieve. He keeps an eye on them, looking at their reactions.
http://explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewto ... 64&t=17657

[ooc]PPE: 706
HP: 46
SDC: 71
Age: 27
Sex: Male
Height: 6 ft 3
Weight: 210lbs
Description: Tall, well built, muscular, with long flowing robes that cover his body. In civilian clothes, wavy brown hair cut military short, wears large shades to cover his left eye, with slightly weathered skin. Average looking with a strange false left eye. often seen carrying a book of various different subjects.

Eye of Odin
20/20 vision, Nightvision (600', constant, no cost)), See Aura (constant, no cost), See the Invisible (constant, no cost)[/ooc]
User avatar
Maia
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:07 am

Re: Alpha: Down to Zero

Post by Maia »

JIC: 1d20: [1] = 1 , 1d100: [69] = 69
PER: 1d100: [61] = 61 vs. 24%

Conditions:
150/150 SDC remaining; 12 minutes remaining. Form of the Leopard: Adds extraordinary PP, superhuman PS, energy claws, nightstalking, enhanced leaping, supervision: nightvision plus the following natural abilities (Monsters and Animals, P. 217): Climb 90%, prowl 90%, track by smell or sight 50%, exceptional hearing and eyesight. +1 APM, energy aura inflicts 2d6 plus normal punch. Cannot safely touch anyone/anything.


Maia’s eyes narrow as one of the new arrivals appears to fixate on her. Should’ve known. These humans are more than they appear. And are probably used to dealing with the same. But they aren’t attacking, so neither shall we. Deciding that her own approach to diplomacy is not what the situation calls for, Maia settles back on her haunches and returns the geo-ranger’s stare with her own. Steady. Baleful. Perhaps even a little peeved. Should any of the geo-rangers approach her, talk to her, or hold Maia’s stare she will growl in a voice with not-so-disguised menace. ”PRESUMPTION. YOU. SPEAK, THE LIFE? WHO ARE? WHY PERMIT THIS?” She gestures at the station- and it’s pretty clear she’s not referring to the body.
SAY MY NAME, INSECTS
Passive abilities: See infrared/ultraviolet (range 450ft.).
2/4 healing touches today; 800/930 SDC remaining.
User avatar
Blackhaunt
Dimension Master
Posts: 945
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:39 am
Location: DIMENSION MASTER: CENTURY STATION
Contact:

Re: Alpha: Down to Zero

Post by Blackhaunt »

Ha. So now you flirt with trees?
15 Seaway Drive, Victoria Beach, Century Station
Date: Tuesday April 14th, 2043
Weather: Cloudy, cool, humid (63 degrees Fahrenheit)
Time: 1:48-1:52 pm

Diomedes approaches the blonde and introduces himself to the blonde. She smiles and takes his hand. (JIC used for Successful Charm/Impress) "Pleasure to make your acquaintance, you can call me Water of the Geo-Rangers."
With his Three Eyes activated, he can see
  • Level: Medium
  • Magic: Yes
  • Psychic Abilities: No
  • P.P.E: Low
  • Possessing Entity: No
  • Aberration: No
about her. While he's introducing himself, he takes a look at her necklace and through both his intuitive knowledge about magic he can tell that it is not a magical necklace, but it is rather nice. "My eyes are up here but I do appreciate a man of good taste." When he makes eye contact with her, he can see a smirk on her face. He mentions the Pollutioners and U235. She sighs at the mention of the Pollutioners. "They are absolutely atrocious and must be stopped. For Mother Earth, of course. The other one, I have not heard of."

Crucible steps in front of Air as she attempts to enter the facility and through his politeness, manages to get the heroine to stop and listen. "Thanks. And I understand. Just let me know when it's time." She waits and looks sorrowfully at the ground, saying nothing else.

Shazbut warns Corporal Hurt about a potential ambush and receives an affirmative response as she hits her walkie talkie and has her team spread out and keep their eyes open. He runs inside immediately and covers the body with a coroner's sheet to prevent the new arrivals from seeing their deceased friend before they are ready.

When Brute uses Iris' last name, the look on her face turns from angry to confused and angry. "How the hell did you know my last name? You know what... doesn't matter. You will call me Spirit." She turns away from Brute and says "Geo-Rangers, inside now. Our sister needs us." Shazbut walks inside and tries to speak to the Geo-Rangers to prepare them for the viewing. Water looks him up and down, rolls her eyes and says "Disgusting." She then walks past him. Air says "I think he's cute! "

To Brute's questions, Spirit answers "I have no clue how she came to be here. She hadn't been seen back home for the past five days. Then we get this call from your agency. I wish I had known sooner. We could have brought her back. This is... this is terrible." She looks dejected. And then Brute mentions The Pollutioners. "Those bastards did this?" She looks down at the note that was no longer on Vanessa's body but now on the ground as many folks have walked past and it was no longer held in place by her stiff hands. "That giant blob of shit is going to pay for this. I'll make her wish she had never even heard of us!" She reads the note again. "The Pollutioners will destroy anything good you have here. Anything nice, anything green, anything beautiful will die. They will choke your city with toxic smog and turn the civilians into worker bees for their industrial gain. 'Everyday we don't get our ring...' Wait. Where is her ring?" Assuming Brute explains that it's missing, Spirit responds with "What the fuck do they want with that?! Is it just to make us weaker? We can and will kick their asses any day, every day, all day." When Brute mentions the need to liaise, Spirit bristles momentarily before nodding her approval. "Ultra Force? Never heard of em. But you Omegas and us Geo Rangers? We're going to find the Pollutioners and we're going to break them."

Barricade points out the hand to the rest of the Geo-Rangers and gets mixed responses. A shimmer forms around Spirit, Water looks the other direction and Air begins to cry.

Outside, Earth can't seem to take her eyes off of Maia. "It's like looking upon Mother Earth, herself. Hello Earth-creature. They call me Earth but you can call me Carrie." Carrie gets closer to Maia and though Maia's response is bristly, she doesn't seem to care. "You mean this building? Who knows. Humans spend so much time destroying the world and then want a pat on the back when they plant one tree. I heard this was a place to purify the water so that's a step in the right direction, but it'll take a lot more than that to save this world." Her eyes cover every inch of Maia's body. "What... what are you? My ring is sparking like nobody's business. It must be because of you. Are you an elemental? I've never seen one like you before..."


What are you doing?
Let the GAMES begin.
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Shazbut
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:59 pm
Location: Century Station

Re: Alpha: Down to Zero

Post by Shazbut »

JIC: 1d20: 1d20: [12] = 12 , 1d100: 1d100: [42] = 42
Perception: 44% / 1d100<=44: [83] = 0 (FAIL)
Blackhaunt wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 11:23 pm When Brute uses Iris' last name, the look on her face turns from angry to confused and angry. "How the hell did you know my last name? You know what... doesn't matter. You will call me Spirit." She turns away from Brute and says "Geo-Rangers, inside now. Our sister needs us." Shazbut walks inside and tries to speak to the Geo-Rangers to prepare them for the viewing. Water looks him up and down, rolls her eyes and says "Disgusting."
She just lost friend to murderers and she is angry. I should turn my cheeks as they say. If she bad to me maybe she run out of bad when talking to others.

"Thank you." Shazbut replies mildly.
Blackhaunt wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 11:23 pm She then walks past him. Air says "I think he's cute! "

I wonders which one is right? The skunk gives her a charming smile and as they walk on by asks, more to himself than anyone in particular, "Why do humans be cruel to make themselves feel better?"

Charm/Impress 80%: 1d100: [73] = 73 (SUCCESS)
Philosophy 45%: 1d100: [42] = 42 (SUCCESS)
Blackhaunt wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 11:23 pm To Brute's questions, Spirit answers "I have no clue how she came to be here. She hadn't been seen back home for the past five days. Then we get this call from your agency. I wish I had known sooner. We could have brought her back. This is... this is terrible." She looks dejected. And then Brute mentions The Pollutioners. "Those bastards did this?" She looks down at the note that was no longer on Vanessa's body but now on the ground as many folks have walked past and it was no longer held in place by her stiff hands. "That giant blob of shit is going to pay for this. I'll make her wish she had never even heard of us!" She reads the note again. "The Pollutioners will destroy anything good you have here. Anything nice, anything green, anything beautiful will die. They will choke your city with toxic smog and turn the civilians into worker bees for their industrial gain. 'Everyday we don't get our ring...' Wait. Where is her ring?" Assuming Brute explains that it's missing, Spirit responds with "What the fuck do they want with that?! Is it just to make us weaker? We can and will kick their asses any day, every day, all day." When Brute mentions the need to liaise, Spirit bristles momentarily before nodding her approval. "Ultra Force? Never heard of em. But you Omegas and us Geo Rangers? We're going to find the Pollutioners and we're going to break them."
"Sorry to interrupts.... but is there a pattern with what they like to wreck first in a new city?" Shazbut asks, hesitant to interrupt, but keen for any clue to penetrate the mystery behind the Pollutioner's next target. "Pollutioners say they do this again for tomorrow, and you know they do it before... so it be nice to interrupt them if we can guess where they come next."

When no longer needed Shazbut stands vigil outside. He notices the Earth lady approaching a bristling Maia. Oh boy, and what in heavens could I do if Maia decides to bite? His options seemed to him to be incredibly narrow, so he certainly hopes Earth would be nicer to Maia than Water was to him.
Blackhaunt wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 11:23 pm Outside, Earth can't seem to take her eyes off of Maia. "It's like looking upon Mother Earth, herself. Hello Earth-creature. They call me Earth but you can call me Carrie." Carrie gets closer to Maia and though Maia's response is bristly, she doesn't seem to care. "You mean this building? Who knows. Humans spend so much time destroying the world and then want a pat on the back when they plant one tree. I heard this was a place to purify the water so that's a step in the right direction, but it'll take a lot more than that to save this world." Her eyes cover every inch of Maia's body. "What... what are you? My ring is sparking like nobody's business. It must be because of you. Are you an elemental? I've never seen one like you before..."
Shazbut wonders if it is appropriate for him to be within earshot of what might be a private conversation. He makes no effort to hide himself, that would be dishonest, but then again he doesn't think he ought to be involved either. What should a disgusting skunk do? He frowns at the thought of Water's remark and decides to forgive, hoping that forgetting will soon come afterward.

Looking outward at the cold cloudy day, wondering about the day's events, his thoughts churn away. The dismal day reminds him of an old Eric Carmen tune. He begins to sing without really thinking about it. His voice is hoarse and haunting, reflecting the gloomy day and the gloomier events which have transpired here at the plant. Thoughts of living alone on the streets for a century also fill his mind, strengthening his voice and tempering it with the bitter experience of a lifetime of being seen as an outsider. A disgusting outsider. Is that what I am? Even plants die around me. It better to stay away from peoples? Am I just fooling myself?

Mimic Sounds (Vocalization power): 79% 1d100: [79] = 79 (SUCCESS) <-- Shazbut tries his voice at mimicing the sound of the piano tune introduction to the song and the solo in the middle.

Sing 60% (Professional - from Vocalization power) 1d100: [3] = 3 (CRITICAL SUCCESS) <-- Singing All By Myself

♪♫When I was young
I never needed anyone
I'd sing those songs just for fun
Those days are gone♪♫

♪♫Livin' alone
I think of all the streets I've known
Never had someone to telephone
Had no home♪♫
Seemingly in a trance, lost in the haunting song, Shazbut's voice is magnified through his
Amplify Speaking Voice: Can amplify his voice to sound deep and booming, equivalent to using a bullhorn or loudspeaker, but not loud enough to hurt eardrums or cause deafness. The amplified voice remains clear and easy to understand even at great ranges.
Range: Heard up to a half mile (0.8 km) away.
power, enabling everyone within a significant range to hear him quite clearly. The sound is not deafening, but certainly penetrating.

♪♫All by myself
Don't want to be, all by myself anymore
All by myself
Don't want to live, all by myself anymore♪♫

♪♫Hard to be sure
Some times I feel so insecure
And love so distant and obscure
Remains the cure♪♫

♪♫All by myself
Don't want to be, all by myself anymore
All by myself
Don't want to live, all by myself anymore♪♫

♪♫When I was young
I never needed anyone
I'd sing those songs just for fun
Those days are gone♪♫

♪♫All by myself
Don't want to be, all by myself anymore
All by myself
Don't want to live, all by myself anymore♪♫
Last edited by Shazbut on Fri May 13, 2022 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shazbut
Natural Abilities
  • Feel vibrations 72% accuracy. Cannot be snuck upon or caught by surprise from a nearby opponent. Range 45ft. (13.6m).
  • Impervious to radiation that is normally deadly to humans.
  • Can see ultraviolet light.
  • Radiates low levels of radiation.
User avatar
Shazbut
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:59 pm
Location: Century Station

Re: Alpha: Down to Zero

Post by Shazbut »

((Rolls carried))


As he sings the desolate and lonely ballad a curious thing happens. The mutant skunk seems to shimmer and both flesh and fur transform into a cold sombre darkness. The inky blackness of his new form is not complete. Deep within and afar, burning, lonely and nearly invisible lie countless stars. They drift in the immensity of the void, a curious image of space in the shape of a four-foot tall singing space-skunk.

The stars in Shazbut's void-form twinkle, glittering and cold, and the skunk feels different. He realises there was always a void within him, a lack of something. Was it purpose? As his voice resonates with notes of aching human emptiness his form too mimics the aching emptiness, and beauty, of the cosmos.

Well, this is different! the skunk wonders mid-note. For the first time in his life he feels an odd connection to the stars, rather than the woodlands where a certain star-ship crashed over a century ago. He isn't sure if he likes or dislikes the feeling; it is just a part of what he is. Something forgotten that has, by chance, been found.
OOC Comments
Alter Physical Structure: Void. The character can shift his physical structure to a solid, inky blackness with what looks like "star-flecks" throughout. He keeps his physical shape and is so lid enough to interact with the material world, but seems somehow insubstantial and inhuman - a walking piece of the void.
The skunk appears to be solid, but also somehow insubstantial; a walking piece of the void of space. Few would have guessed, but in space whilst they cannot hear you scream, you can certainly hear skunks sing.

When the song ends, Shazbut's form returns to normal. He is oblivious to any who may be present, the skunk's thoughts are focused inward on his transformation, the song's meaning and Water's cruel word which triggered it all. To himself he again wonders out loud, "Why do humans be cruel to make themselves feel better?"

He shakes his head. "Why not just sing a song?" It certainly made him feel better.
Shazbut
Natural Abilities
  • Feel vibrations 72% accuracy. Cannot be snuck upon or caught by surprise from a nearby opponent. Range 45ft. (13.6m).
  • Impervious to radiation that is normally deadly to humans.
  • Can see ultraviolet light.
  • Radiates low levels of radiation.
Post Reply

Return to “Century Station: Operation Overlord Adventures”