Bravo: Wet Hot Omega Spring

In Century Station Operation Overlord has begun, villains beware!

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

CHIMERA
Assistant Game Master

Re: Bravo: Wet Hot Omega Spring

Post by CHIMERA »

Take Me Home, I Promise I Will Not Make A Noise
Camp Guthrie
Date: Monday, April 13th, 2043
Weather: Bright sunset (62 degrees Fahrenheit)
Time: 7:35 pm

Finishing Up Dinner*
While eating dinner with the campers, Lenok strikes a conversation with a young woman named Riley "Kilo" Lewis.
Lenok wrote:"Better, I'm an actual Dragon, funny enough, even though I appear at this age, I am actually only a teenager for my species, but lifetimes old, older then even your great great grandparents, but don't worry, I don't eat people...unless they are jerks and bullies."
The teenager's eyes widen in amazement. She pauses for a moment, as if about to say something.
Lenok wrote:"...or if they try and make me eat brussel sprouts, that stuff is nasty, and makes you have gas, and I am not trying to create a a tornado out my backside."
Riley's face crinkles in disgust. What can one say? The humor of a teenage boy/dragon are usually lost on the sensibilities of a teenage girl. But after a short awkward silence, the girl opens up again and asks a few more questions about Lenok, "So you're like centuries old? Does that mean that you had terrible twenties instead of terrible twos? What were olden times like?"
Lenok wrote:"I don't know if that was very filling, anyone been a jerk to you lately? I'm just kidding, any fun activities I can do if I get free time while I am here? Pretty sure any suggestion you make will be a pretty good one. You seem like a non dork"
Riley chuckles to herself. "There's not much to do except hang out. The dorks are the ones trying to pretend they're still badass criminals. Like you're in the middle of the woods, what are you going to do? Trespass? Half of us were arrested for way worse than that."

At another table, Iron Maiden sits down with a group of campers. Looking around she sees that several of them are identical, a young Black teenage girl with her medium length hair brushed up and light brown eyes. This would be "the 30 Helens". She is the most interested in hearing about Chastity's childhood in Japan.
Iron Maiden wrote:"When I was younger... I would sometimes joyride in one of the family cars. I managed not to get caught most of the time, but I could have gotten into a lot of trouble."
"What were you driving? I love drivin' a Lambo," one of the Helen says. "I agree," another chimes in, "stealing those cars was fun!" "Makes me feel like I got me a genie," a third says completing the pun. They cheer watching Iron Maiden turn her hand into a toy car with a wire extending to her wrist. She's a hit.

Talking to Black Star about the call with CHIMERA, Edison realizes they should notify Wi-Fi and Sentinel who are absent from the conversation.
Edison wrote:"Councilors would like us all to sit in on the seven pm phone call."
Wi-Fi wrote:"Was already heading there, Only two times a day we can call HQ..Thanks for the heads though. Sounds good about the counselors being there. This is their turf and we can use their local knowledge. Since HQ gave nothing useful. big surprise there. On my way., Wi-Fi out."
The feedback is noticeable and different. Both Edison and Wi-Fi's voices sound like they have been auto-tuned to a lower register and has a sing-song quality. Those watching Edison and listening to him on the radio also notice that his voice on the radio sounds slowed down and out of his sync with the movement of his lips. The campers all notice this as well and look at the counselors' table.

"I should have mentioned it before. Your radios will work short range," Black Star explains, "maybe 300 yards. The further away the worse the, uh, distortion gets. Two years ago a kid brought a radio with him, and he says he swore he heard the weirdest karaoke ever on it."

"How did Haley know it was karaoke?" Claire asks with her characteristic sarcasm. "How? Did? He? Know?" She then makes a spooky whistling noise and laughs.

Lenok notices Riley looking over at the counselors' as they talk. Her eyes widen at the mention of karaoke. But then she turns her head back to her food and finishes eating without mentioning anything else.

"He's not the only one to call it karaoke," Black Star says. "Anyway, it would take too long to catalog every weird thing associated with this lake."

The Call with CHIMERA
With Balisong on the line Edison and Wi-Fi outline what they have seen on their way to camp so far.
Edison wrote:"Some manner of animal like being, likely more than one but less than a hundred. Very strong, but not catastrophic. Seems to be territorial, and likely intelligent. We're getting squared away to make our first searches likely tonight/tomorrow morning, at least that's the inkling Wi-Fi has given us. We'll also be questioning the kids for any extra information."
Wi-Fi wrote:"Not an inkling... it does have a certain weirdness out here."
"Interesting theories," Balisong replies, followed by a wave of static."If it pans out, I want you take in any subjects alive for further study. They could be valuable to CHIMERA."

Sicilia then chimes in and Wi-Fi replies accordingly
Sicilia wrote:If the beasts are tied to the energies here... it'll make the 'why' and the 'how do we stop it' a lot easier.
Wi-Fi wrote:"I will be heading out with some of the team as I just detailed to scout... That said any constructive or useful ideas would be appreciated.
Sicilia wrote: Two groups... If it's currently occupied, could be some teens or young adults there to ask about, but we'd almost certainly end up online somewhere at some point doing so.
Wi-Fi wrote:"That is someone I might know... If you can monster description in casual conversation do that. I'll leave the how you get it up to you guys. any other additions, suggestions, or ideas?
"What is going on? Why am I getting half of a conversation?"

"That's the snake, ma'am. It's Sicilia, right?" Black Star looks at Sicilia to confirm he got her name right. He then provides Balisong a quick synposis of the conversation.

Balisong replies by asking Black Star, "Agent Kwellib, I'm assuming you've already signed off on this plan?"

"To be honest, this is the first I'm hearing of any of this," he replies. "I've spoken with Wi-Fi a total of about 15 minutes. She's been doing research on her own since she got here. I assume she's picked up some leads."

There is a silence on the other end of the satellite phone that is broken by a wave of static. "Ms. Hernandez, I thought you briefed Bravo on their assignment."

"I'm sorry, ma'am. I told them the mission but given the time frame I couldn't-"

"That is enough Ms. Hernandez. Bravo, your mission is to assist the counselor's at Camp Guthrie assess a potential security threat and help keep the camp operating as normal for the time being. There are several medium level assets on site that would benefit from role models like the Omegas. Agent Ellison, I want you to formally introduce your squadron to the campers. In fact you should use the positivity spheres or whatever Agent Kwallib calls them."

"The inspirati-balls, ma'am?"

"Yes. You said that you have had positive results using them with the children? Good. Have Bravo use them to give motivational speeches to the kids. I'm sure that they'll love it. And tomorrow, I'm sure you'll allow them to explore the area surrounding the camp."

"Absolutely," Black Star replies, "I think Wi-Fi and her team might have a few leads. Once we have morning activities cleared, they can have the rest of the day to check them out." A few more minutes of conversation on camp logistics follow - supplies are due on Wednesday, assuming that Bravo can resolve any threats new counselors will arrive on Friday - and then Black Star wraps up the call. He pulls out a velvet bag filled with stress balls with various words printed on them.

"They're called inspirati-balls. The idea is that you pass the bag around and everyone draws a ball and talks about how the inspiring word on it fits into your life. You'd be surprised how much the kids open up with them. But nothing like embarrassing yourself in front of strangers to bond you together. Who wants to go first?" Sentinel reaches into the bag and pulls out: HUMILITY. "That's a good one. So you'd tell the kids why you try to stay humble. Get it?"

He then passes the bag around the room and each member of Bravo pulls out a ball with the following word:

Edison - GUILTY PLEASURES
Iron Maiden - SELF-ESTEEM
Lenok - FRIENDSHIP
Rook - PERSEVERANCE
Sentinel - HUMILITY
Sicilia - RESOLUTION
Wi-Fi - ACCOUNTABILITY

Your mission, may the gods of whatever pantheon you pray to help you, is to give a motivational speech to the at-risk youths of Camp Guthrie based on the theme of the inspirati-ball your PC has drawn. You can make it genuinely inspiring, or you can go for worst adult in the room (have fun with this). The best/worst speech (or speeches in case of a tie) will receive 500 bonus XP. Second place (also open to a tie) will receive 200 XP. Leave an impression on those kids!

WHAT DO YOU DO?

* I'm going to let both Lenok and Iron Maiden have the last word on any conversations in the mess hall. If you want to ask follow up questions on anything, I'd advise you to save them for the next scene where you'll get to work with the campers. And I do encourage you to follow-up on those conversations later.
Lenok
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Lenok »

Perception: 1d100: [85] = 85
JIC: 1d20: [8] = 8
JIC: 1d100: [67] = 67
OOC Comments
encase more rolls are needed for the two different scenes
Perception: 1d100: [77] = 77
JIC: 1d20: [2] = 2
JIC: 1d100: [83] = 83
In response to the previous post from silicia
Sicilia wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:08 am Her tail flicks, and she shifts about her coils, putting herself at a more even head-level with the psychic as she thinks, the instinctual movement hardly noticed as she runs various thoughts on her admittedly limited understanding of manors and how to operate them through her head.
Noticing his reptilian comrade shifting, most likely subconsciously, he scoots over to her and sits down. "How you are you doing over here? You alright? You look pensive. Anything I can help you with? Lend a ear? Have you eaten in the last few days?"
Riley wrote: Finishing Up Dinner*
While eating dinner with the campers, Lenok strikes a conversation with a young woman named Riley "Kilo" Lewis.
Lenok wrote:"Better, I'm an actual Dragon, funny enough, even though I appear at this age, I am actually only a teenager for my species, but lifetimes old, older then even your great great grandparents, but don't worry, I don't eat people...unless they are jerks and bullies."
The teenager's eyes widen in amazement. She pauses for a moment, as if about to say something.
Lenok wrote:"...or if they try and make me eat brussel sprouts, that stuff is nasty, and makes you have gas, and I am not trying to create a a tornado out my backside."
Riley's face crinkles in disgust. What can one say? The humor of a teenage boy/dragon are usually lost on the sensibilities of a teenage girl. But after a short awkward silence, the girl opens up again and asks a few more questions about Lenok, "So you're like centuries old? Does that mean that you had terrible twenties instead of terrible twos? What were olden times like?"
"Something like that, I still act out sometimes, hormones are a bitch, especially when you have a weight problem, a 4 ton weight problem. The 1990's were pretty cool, the music was pretty legit, Though I first arrived in Japan, and that was a culture shock for me, had no clue that my ancestors had visited here before and were treated nearly like Gods. Canada was laid back, it was a decent place to learn what it's like to be Human, you ever heard of Bi-racial people? I'm Bi-species, half dragon, half human. It was a shocker to me as well. People were a lot more nicer to each other back then, but only if they thought you was normal. It's so weird how everyone acts towards you when they learn you're different isn't it?"
Riley wrote:
Lenok wrote:"I don't know if that was very filling, anyone been a jerk to you lately? I'm just kidding, any fun activities I can do if I get free time while I am here? Pretty sure any suggestion you make will be a pretty good one. You seem like a non dork"
Riley chuckles to herself. "There's not much to do except hang out. The dorks are the ones trying to pretend they're still badass criminals. Like you're in the middle of the woods, what are you going to do? Trespass? Half of us were arrested for way worse than that."
"Oh yeah, I get that, that's how I ended up becoming a cop and eventually a Omega. Did some things I don't really want to mention in New York that I had no idea were illegal on earth, made me study up on what I can do and can't, and then I realized half the jerks out there getting away with stuff that were trying to get me into trouble, where doing it themselves and were just using Society's culture to get way with it, jerk's and bullies basically. Hey Riley, if you ever need help or just a ear to talk too, here's my number, I prefer text over calls"... Leans in on the last bit. "Also if you need me to beat someone up or help burying a body"" He obviously is joking by the shit eating grin on his face on the last part. *Que Lenok leaving for the meeting.*
Chimera wrote:
Edison wrote:"Councilors would like us all to sit in on the seven pm phone call."
Wi-Fi wrote:"Was already heading there, Only two times a day we can call HQ..Thanks for the heads though. Sounds good about the counselors being there. This is their turf and we can use their local knowledge. Since HQ gave nothing useful. big surprise there. On my way., Wi-Fi out."
The feedback is noticeable and different. Both Edison and Wi-Fi's voices sound like they have been auto-tuned to a lower register and has a sing-song quality. Those watching Edison and listening to him on the radio also notice that his voice on the radio sounds slowed down and out of his sync with the movement of his lips. The campers all notice this as well and look at the counselors' table.

"I should have mentioned it before. Your radios will work short range," Black Star explains, "maybe 300 yards. The further away the worse the, uh, distortion gets. Two years ago a kid brought a radio with him, and he says he swore he heard the weirdest karaoke ever on it."

"How did Haley know it was karaoke?" Claire asks with her characteristic sarcasm. "How? Did? He? Know?" She then makes a spooky whistling noise and laughs.

Lenok notices Riley looking over at the counselors' as they talk. Her eyes widen at the mention of karaoke. But then she turns her head back to her food and finishes eating without mentioning anything else.
Black Star wrote:"He's not the only one to call it karaoke," Black Star says. "Anyway, it would take too long to catalog every weird thing associated with this lake."
Lenok, after the meeting concludes, heads over to Riley. "Hey Chica, you alright? I saw you light up when Karaoke was mentioned, are you afraid of singing in public like me? I'd rather eat my tail then stand up and do that, but if we do get stuck doing it, I will help you, you won't be alone."
Trust/Charm rolls
Trust/Intimidate 49% 1d100: [67] = 67 FAIL
Charm/Impress 44% 1d100: [68] = 68 FAIL
chimera wrote:The Call with CHIMERA

"They're called inspirati-balls. The idea is that you pass the bag around and everyone draws a ball and talks about how the inspiring word on it fits into your life. You'd be surprised how much the kids open up with them. But nothing like embarrassing yourself in front of strangers to bond you together. Who wants to go first?" Sentinel reaches into the bag and pulls out: HUMILITY. "That's a good one. So you'd tell the kids why you try to stay humble. Get it?"

He then passes the bag around the room and each member of Bravo pulls out a ball with the following word:

Lenok - FRIENDSHIP
Rook - PERSEVERANCE
Sentinel - HUMILITY
Sicilia - RESOLUTION
Wi-Fi - ACCOUNTABILITY
During Lenok's Round, he will look very nervous. He will close his eyes, take a deep breath and then speak as calmly as a person scared of public speaking would, which isn't saying much.
Air quotes
(Yes he does air quotes when you see the quotation marks)
He looks over the group as he begins talking, letting his eyes scan each and every face.

"You have all probably heard the Phrase "Blood is thicker than water", but did you know that it dates back as far as 12th century Germany, and it was actually "The blood of the covenant is thicker than the water of the womb" looking to Sentinel while speaking the following "Originally it was used to describe the blood of battle shed" back to the crowd over the your water of your mothers womb, but it also means the bonds we make in life through struggle and strife are stronger than the bonds of familial ties. "

"True friends always support each other even during the hardest of times. A true friend is one who feels happy for our success, on the other hand, who feel gloomy for our failures." Glances at Wifi for the next part. "A true friend may criticize so that we may come out of our weakness. They may scold us if we do a mistake and guide the right path. Even joke with us or chide us to lighten the gravity of said mistakes. That’s why it is being said that true friend are more precious than any gem in our life. Friendship is a divine relationship, which is beyond the definition of blood relations. It is the only relation that is truly priceless. We may acquire all kinds of pleasures by putting fourth our efforts, but even then life may remain dull, without having someone to share our life with some true friends."

Takes a breath and looks over towards Riley's direction

"But a lot of us find it difficult to make friends easily. Some of us may have lost friends, some of us have gained a lot of friends, some of us have a big circle of friends and some of us have a very small and tiny circle of friends, but at the end of the day, irrespective of how many friends and what type of friends you have, the only thing you will remember about your days when you look back is the fun and folly that we have with our friends." gesturing to all "Let us admit that without friends, our life will simply be incomplete. After all it is with our friends, which we can share our feelings, asperations, failings, and embarrassing moments we would not dare share with others."

"I would like add that there is no person on this planet who will be perfect." Glances at Silicia "Imperfections are what make earthlings beautiful, whether two legged, no legs, or what have you, and we have to celebrate these perfections and imperfections with grace."Looking over the crowd. "Making and breaking friendships is a natural tendency and neither of it should be the reason for you to lose faith in friendship. Friendships are one of the most valuable and precious experiences each and every one of us should live through before it’s too late."
Current Appearance: A 27 year old Japanese/Caucasian male, approximately 5'10" appearing around 180 lbs, dark hair and eyes, wearing a black shirt, jeans, and boots. Appears to be in peak physical condition.
Lenok
Iron Maiden

Post by Iron Maiden »

CHIMERA wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 2:46 pm Take Me Home, I Promise I Will Not Make A Noise
Camp Guthrie
Weather: Bright sunset (62 degrees Fahrenheit)
Time: 7:35 pm

At another table, Iron Maiden sits down with a group of campers. Looking around she sees that several of them are identical, a young Black teenage girl with her medium length hair brushed up and light brown eyes. This would be "the 30 Helens". She is the most interested in hearing about Chastity's childhood in Japan.
Iron Maiden wrote:"When I was younger... I would sometimes joyride in one of the family cars. I managed not to get caught most of the time, but I could have gotten into a lot of trouble."
"What were you driving? I love drivin' a Lambo," one of the Helen says. "I agree," another chimes in, "stealing those cars was fun!" "Makes me feel like I got me a genie," a third says completing the pun. They cheer watching Iron Maiden turn her hand into a toy car with a wire extending to her wrist. She's a hit.

"That is enough Ms. Hernandez. Bravo, your mission is to assist the counselor's at Camp Guthrie assess a potential security threat and help keep the camp operating as normal for the time being. There are several medium level assets on site that would benefit from role models like the Omegas. Agent Ellison, I want you to formally introduce your squadron to the campers. In fact you should use the positivity spheres or whatever Agent Kwallib calls them."

"The inspirati-balls, ma'am?"

"Yes. You said that you have had positive results using them with the children? Good. Have Bravo use them to give motivational speeches to the kids. I'm sure that they'll love it. And tomorrow, I'm sure you'll allow them to explore the area surrounding the camp."

"Absolutely," Black Star replies, "I think Wi-Fi and her team might have a few leads. Once we have morning activities cleared, they can have the rest of the day to check them out." A few more minutes of conversation on camp logistics follow - supplies are due on Wednesday, assuming that Bravo can resolve any threats new counselors will arrive on Friday - and then Black Star wraps up the call. He pulls out a velvet bag filled with stress balls with various words printed on them.

Lenok - FRIENDSHIP
Rook - PERSEVERANCE
Sentinel - HUMILITY
Sicilia - RESOLUTION
Wi-Fi - ACCOUNTABILITY

Your mission, may the gods of whatever pantheon you pray to help you, is to give a motivational speech to the at-risk youths of Camp Guthrie based on the theme of the inspirati-ball your PC has drawn. You can make it genuinely inspiring, or you can go for worst adult in the room (have fun with this). The best/worst speech (or speeches in case of a tie) will receive 500 bonus XP. Second place (also open to a tie) will receive 200 XP. Leave an impression on those kids!

WHAT DO YOU DO?

* I'm going to let both Lenok and Iron Maiden have the last word on any conversations in the mess hall. If you want to ask follow up questions on anything, I'd advise you to save them for the next scene where you'll get to work with the campers. And I do encourage you to follow-up on those conversations later.
Perception (35%): 1d100<35: [99] = 0
JIC: 1d20/1d100: 1d20: [18] = 18 / 1d100: [99] = 99

Chastity answered Helen, "Well, they had more than one car. I preferred to borrow the Lamborgini, because it was fast, but sometimes I would use the Mercedes instead, because it had all the fancy expensive stuff to impress the others I ran with." She changed her model to match as she explained.

She listens as it is explained that the possible threat represented by the missing pair is only part of the reason they are there. The other part is to help inspire the children by giving a lecture on a random insiprational topic. Chastity has to give a lecture on self-esteem, well she will give it a go.

"Hello, they call me Iron Maiden, and I am probably the least skilled of the Omegas at fighting. I know next to nothing about detective stuff, and I was mostly self educated, meaning about many things any of them knows more than I do. This, one might expect, would be bad for my self esteem, and in some ways it is," she pauses there to look over the campers.

She continues, "Another thing I know, however, is that I was smart enough to give myself the powers I have. With my powers, I can turn my limbs into almost anything I can imagine in enough detail and survive nearly any fight I get in. I may not have the level of power some of the others do, but I know I did it myself, and that is something few of them can claim."

She looks out at the assembled youths, "Something I have learned, before the Omegas and since, is that you need to realize there is never anyone exactly like you. If you look at someone and compare yourself to something they are good at and you are not, you are always going to come up short. Others may even be better at some of the things you are good at, but that does not matter. You are not them, and trying to be them will always leave you as a second-rate copy. You need to find out who you are and be the best you that you can be."

She adds, "Remember, there is a reason the Omegas are a team, and that reason is that no one of us can do everything or be everywhere. For example, Wifi and Edison are both better with computers than I am, but I was the one who found a clue with my hacking skills on a previous mission because I was the one at the right place."

She cautions, "Being good at something, or even able to do things that others can not do, is no reason to feel superior. There is a big difference between knowing that you are good, and looking down on those that are not. I am a good mechanic, given the parts I could build a car or even a hover vehicle. This helps me a lot with my powers, since I know exactly how things work mechanically. That is what I know how to do, but if you want someone to analyze a crime scene you need to look somewhere else. Having self-esteem means both knowing what you are good at and accepting your limits, because knowing those limits is the only way to get past them. Everyone has something to contribute, accept that both of others and of yourself."
Iron Maiden
Natural AR 11
HP: 141/141
SDC: 945/934
Regenerates 1 HP/SDC every 2 rounds

CLOCKWORK WOLF
Natural AR 16
SDC: 150
Edison

Post by Edison »

Perception: 1d100: [78] = 78 /50%
Just in Case: 1d20: [4] = 4 ; 1d100: [33] = 33
Conditions: None.
Edison Mk. I: AR: 19; S.D.C.: 308/308
Armored Undersuit: AR: 12; S.D.C.: 40/40
2 Lemat Revolvers Payload: .44: 9/9 - 9/9; 20 gauge: 1/1 - 1/1
AR-15 w/ Masterkey: Payload: 5.56: 20/20; 12 Gauge: 7/7

Map: Yes.
Situation:
  • Missing Counselors
  • superhuman?, Supernatural threat.
Potential Victims:
  • Cuppo; AKA Robert Pimm (Some manner of cup based power, Napalm)
  • Firsty; AKA Janet Crosby.
Points of contact:
Black Star; AKA Yasim Kwellib
Clair de Lune; AKA Claire Juggliano
Objectives: Find missing Counselors, Deal with threat.
Insertion Method: Airplane, Parachuting, plus short hike.
Orders given:
From Chimera:
  • Find the missing Councilors.
  • Find what the threat is and deal with it.
From WiFi:
  • Buddy system, always have a partner.
Additional Notes:
  • Radio Deadzone; Sat phone only, small window 7 AM and/or 7 PM.
  • Area is dimensionaly odd, making dimensional based abilities act weird.
  • Howling noises in the woods nearby, neither wolf or Coyote.
  • Something knocked down trees across one of the main hiking trails, these were not old trees. Tracks around the tree are mostly the campers, and a few of the prints found during our initial landing. Trees were battered down with several blows, so what ever did it was strong, but not ungodly strong it seems.
  • A bear washed up on the shore of the lake, and apparently was mauled very bad. The bear was destroyed by use of Napalm.
  • The two missing councilors had run off to do adult things, and never came back.
Campers List
  • "30" Helen Agee (14; multiple selves) - Charged with felony theft and trespassing; can create up to 30 clones of herself which she used to storm designer retail stores and steal as much as possible
  • Siobahn "Cran" Berry (16) - Ward of the state; the psychological profile for first viola is very close to the psychological profile of a costumed villain, we hope early intervention will produce the former
  • Gaylord "Smith" Byron (15; vertigo powers) - charged with two dozen counts of petty assault; someone insulted his poetry (NOTE FROM CLAIR: tbf his poetry sux so bad) (NOTE FROM BLACK STAR: be nice, if my parents gave me that name id write moody doggerel too) (NOTE FROM CLAIR: aha! even you think his poetry is bad!) (NOTE FROM BLACK STAR: thats not what i said!)
  • Dolph Groening (16) - Arrested for manufacture of an illicit chemical, possession with intent to sell of an illicit chemical, and aggravated assault, charges pending; made his own designer drugs that could temporarily grant user super powers and sold it to his classmates
  • Yuki Hitachi (16; teleportation) - Arrested for trespassing, charges dropped; was caught using her powers to sneak backstage to the Centa-jamboree Music and Arts Festival on more than one occasion
  • HRM - Ward of state; Hermione Jane (13) was consumed by a swarm of nanites three years ago, the nanites later consolidated into a single entity claiming to have Hermione's consciousness
  • James "Jimbo" Jones (15) - Charged with possession of an illicit chemical, petty assault, aggravated assault, trespassing with intent to assault; purchased drugs that gave him temporary super powers and decided to settle the score with some classmates
  • Kearney (10; rapid aging and super-strength) - Charged with petty assault and larceny; despite being in the 5th grade he looks and acts like a low-level goon in his middle 30's, was caught shaking down drunks outside a bar
  • Riley "Kilo" Lewis (14; create dimensional pockets) - Arrested for possession with intent to sell, charges dropped; was coerced by her uncle to use her developing super powers to transport large quantities of narcotics into Century Station
  • Stark "Raver" Mann (14) - Charges pending; no one is sure where the uranium Stark used to power his armor came from, he insists that he synthesized it himself in his basement but CHIMERA scientists have yet to find the particle accelerator he would need to do so
  • Gavin McCulloh (9; reality warping) - Ward of the state; just keep Gavin happy and distracted at all times, do not let him help in any way and for the love of all that is holy do not ask him about imaginary friend "Buddy"
  • Beth Molok (13) - Arrested for burglary, felony theft, and menacing with a deadly weapon, charges pending; broke into a storehouse controlled by the Order of St. Ptolmey and bonded with a magical staff, staff returned to Order for time being but bond still very strong
  • Dave Muntz (16; sonic blast) - Arrested for vandalism, charges dropped; a sarcastic laugh destroyed the windows of 10 storefronts, uses humor to mask his high anxiety
  • Nester Onard (13; electrokenisis) - Ward of state; found living in an abandoned video arcade that he was operating using his own powers
  • Jean "String" Phaseol (15; create vines from body) - Arrested for aggravated assault, charges pending; attacked Jimbo Jones after he had been subdued by police officers
  • "Letters 2" Cleopatra Post Jr. (15; mild precognition) - Arrested for felony theft charges dropped; stole 238 scratch lottery tickets from a convenience store, insisted she would pay the owner back with part of the winnings
  • Jeremy "Coyote" Roedikk (16; fire manipulation) - Charged with public indecency and petty vandalism; arrested while urinating into his physics teacher's windshield wiper fluid tank, the fact he hasn't used his super powers in his many acts of vandalism yet is a good sign
  • Pippa "Riot" Rosay (14; metal manipulation) - Arrested for aggravated assault, charges dropped; generally shy and withdrawn but has explosive anger issues
  • Gwenno "Rocksteady" Stevens (15; energy constructs) - Expelled from multiple high schools; Gwenno does not play nice with others and while she has not commited any crimes yet, we're concerned that she will in the future
  • Mark "Headcrusher" Tyzik (17; telekenisis) - Expelled from high school; attempted to crush his guidance counselor's head
Schedule
Morning: Group Activities
Afternoon: School work.
Dinner: 6 PM.
CHIMERA Check-in: 7 PM
Evenings: Group Activities till 8:30-9 PM
Lights out: 10:30 PM

Edison listens to the exchange between his bosses, and inwardly sighs. One hand doesn't know the other... At least it's minor. Edison thinks as he does as he's told and draws out a inspirati-ball. Guilty Pleasures... what an odd topic. Edison thinks as he turns the ball over in his hand, and sighs audibly. "Well this ought to be interesting." Edison says aloud. Once the meeting is concluded, Edison follows the others to the group activities area. Edison finds a seat while Lenok give his run. Opening his notebook, Edison jots a few notes to act as prompts as he mulls over the idea of guilty pleasures. What do I do that others would find odd? Edison thinks to himself.

When it is Edison's turn to talk, he gets up and playfully tosses the ball in his hand up and down. "So how many of you know what a guilty pleasure is? Took me a minute to think on it, and to be honest it's an interesting subject. First things first, they're not bad per say... if done in moderation. It's when you allow them to take up all of your time that they really become an issue. As it's true with other things. You may ask... Edison what kind of guilty pleasures do you have? And I would answer with Reality Television... I love to watch it, I binge watch a lot of it while I'm working on engineering projects. And that folks is where I can show you some of the positive things about guilty pleasures. While I am working I have a habit of over focusing on things and can easily lose track of time and self. With my shows on in the background, I have something of a timer, as the episodes only run for so long, giving me a sense of time. I also enjoy the view into lives that aren't mine.

I'm certain you guys if given an option love to order food versus just making food at home, or spending hours gossiping with your friends about whatever is the topic of the day, and these are fine, if done in moderation. Too much of good thing can lead to bad things they say. Using previous examples, if one spends too much time watching tv, then they're not doing things that may be time sensitive or more important. If you order out too much, than your likely going to have less money to use for necessities or god forbid emergencies. So in short, everyone likely has a guilty pleasure of three, or even more. The goal is to balance them with your life so that they don't consume it. That's what can make the difference between a healthy person and unhealthy person."
Edison says trying to smile and be friendly the whole time, but inwardly dying as motivational speeches are very much not his thing. Once he's done Edison takes a seat and listens to the next person.
Edison
“Why is it my job to save these people? Why do I have to be some kind of hero?” ~Dean Winchester
Sicilia

Post by Sicilia »

Perception: 1d100: [35] = 35 / 60% +5% to perceive tactile characteristics
JiC d100: 1d100: [92] = 92 ; JiC d20: 1d20: [13] = 13

During the meeting

Lenok wrote:Noticing his reptilian comrade shifting, most likely subconsciously, he scoots over to her and sits down. "How you are you doing over here? You alright? You look pensive. Anything I can help you with? Lend a ear? Have you eaten in the last few days?"
Sicilia blinks at the interruption to her thoughts, taking a moment to process what had been asked of her before replying privately to the half-drake, Oh, sorry, I'm fine. Humans seem to feel most at ease when I'm at eye-level. Just thinking on what to take care of in the next few days. As for food, I ate the day before we came here, I'll be good for a couple more. I'm planning on fitting in a hunt while out here. She keeps her voice bright, a touch touched by her fellow's concern, tilting her head down in her signature "smile" before focusing back on the meeting at hand.

Once the bag is brought to her, she motions with her tail for the person holding it to keep it, choosing to levitate a ball out with her telekinesis. Resolution, hmm? I suppose I can work with that. I think. I'm a journalist, not a speech-writer, though, she thinks to herself as she retrieves the ball. Nevertheless, she sets aside her previous thoughts, considering this seems to be a more immediate matter, especially given the team's updated mission goals.

She quickly begins to write down notes on what to say, formulating her speech quickly in her usual manner, a touch nervous that the only references she can use are her own life. She focuses on that until the time of the motivationals, wracking her brain on just what to say and what examples to provide.

Speech time

The snake watches with a hint of trepidation as first Lenok, then Chastity make their speeches. She can't help but follow along them, taking notes on them both as a way to keep what she's learned of them solid in her mind, and as a way to distract herself. As much as she had changed in the short time since becoming a hero with the Omegas, one thing that hadn't changed was that the snake was incredibly nervous when it came to large gatherings. Despite her journalistic ways, interviews were always one-on-one, and usually a professional affair, not personal.

It wasn't as severe as it used to be, but her shyness and worry was definitely making itself known to her now. I'm a giant snake. How can children possibly relate to me? I don't exactly have any body language that doesn't scream 'I'm going to eat your in your sleep,' and even if I did, I've only been a hero for a couple of weeks! Her worried thought flit through her head as Iron Maiden finishes up, and she looks down.

Swearing in her head, Sicilia finds her notes were complete gibberish, her nervousness driving her to distraction, and even her second-most reliable way of calming and focusing herself had failed her. And I can't exactly leave and hunt something right now... With an internal sigh, the serpent watches anxiously, coils tightening in around herself as she watches Iron Maiden make her way back down, and Edison takes his turn. She couldn't remember two words of Chastity's speech, let alone anything of Lenok's.

Glancing about her companions, Sicilia hopes the others will go up before she has to take her turn. As she does, the ball she was given drops from her shifting length, bouncing once on the ground before beginning to roll away. It doesn't get far, as the snake snatches it in her telekinesis and reads it once more. Resolution. It seemed to taunt her, and in a way, ground her.

She is cold-blooded, and can't tremble, but is certainly tightened up enough that she nearly looks like she is hibernating. But here is her inspiri-ball, gently bobbing in front of her face. Resolve. Determination. The ability to make a choice or action despite the difficulties facing you. Gradually, she relaxes. She doesn't fully release herself, as she still can't get the thought of the kids looking at her with incomprehension - or worse, fright - in their eyes, however unlikely the latter was to be no matter how foully she fumbled her words.

But it is enough to force her to embody her little sphere of motivation, and once Edison is done (and once again most of the speech lost to the snake due to her inner thoughts), she slithers up, taking her place in front of the kids. She looks at them a moment, then looks down to her tablet, that she had floated up with her, alongside the ball, which she squeezed slightly in her telekinetic grasp to calm herself.

Hello. My name is Sicilia. I'm here to talk about resolution, she states, reading what she had written "aloud," which is something that's very important to me. I've become a hero because of this, and I think it's apparent what this particular emotion means in regards to that. I want to share with you all... She stops, the words dying in the minds of her audience as the snake stares at the words on the screen. Bland, emotionless, and objective. The words of a journalist. But I'm a hero now. I can't just write and article and be done with this.

She gives out a mental sigh, letting all in the room hear it as she mimics the human motions. Setting down the tablet, closing her eyes and shaking her head, as if to clear her thoughts. You know what? Let me tell you something about myself. Really about myself, not just some words on a screen.

Her gaze, cold and reptilian, seems to take a far-off gaze, the surprisingly human display foreshadowing her words, taken straight from her memories. When I was young, I couldn't think like I could now. All I had were my instincts. My wants to hide, and hunt, and sleep. And mate, she adds with a thought and a chuckle, But that's not really important anymore. But what was important, was survival.

She turns her eyes to her audience, then, her look passing over each of the kids in turn. One was even her own age, she recalled. The pause only lasts a second, before she continues. Every day was a fight. I would slink about unseen, fading in with the grass about me, the smells and taste of the world my guide. I could sniff for the small rodents and insects I knew to be prey, and avoid the odors and faint taste of that which I knew would kill me without a second thought. Foxes, wolves, birds of prey. It was a harsh life. One day I'd be glutted on a particularly large rat, and the night following I'd be hiding in the roots hoping the sharp-eyed owl who caught my scent wouldn't find me, and I'd live to sleep another day.

I remember those days as clearly as I'm sure you remember a good game of volleyball, or a particularly difficult test in school, or beating your favorite video game with a few friends. She closes her eyes then, almost lost in thoughts of her past even as she shares them. Looking back, I didn't know what it was then, but I can call it what it is now. Every day of my life back then, every moment I spent energy trying to just survive in a hostile world. I was scared. Terrified. More than you can imagine, a primal fear would drive me. If I don't eat today I will die. If I move more than an inch now I will die. If I go out to get food today, even though I'm so hungry everything hurts, I will freeze to death.

She lets that sink in a moment. The idea that every moment, every day could have been her last. Then, she continues, forcing herself to the present. But I lived. I'm here before you, speaking with you all not as a scared snake, but a person. Possibly even a hero. I didn't die back then, and I didn't die in the time it took me to learn about and how to live in your world. One where I don't have to worry about getting enough food to survive in the winter. One where I don't have to hide away because I know I can't survive a confrontation with anything.

She picks a random person in the crowd, not knowing if this is the right thing to do, but deciding on the spot that it simply feels correct. She looks to this person, speaking as if directly to them for a moment, before moving her gaze to another, then another as she talks. So why am I here? Hero work is dangerous. I traded away my safety, my guarantee of regular food and shelter that I gained when I came out of the forest. And I did it all for one reason. Because now that I was in a position to do so, I could never let another person live like I did, even for a moment, if I had the chance to stop it. That's why I joined the Omegas. That's why everything I do now is to help others. Even if it means sacrificing what I could never hold for granted.

She brings herself up higher a little bit, having finished scanning the crowd by this point in her slow manner. That is what resolution really is. It's the ability to know exactly what you're getting yourself into. To know that what you're doing could mean sacrificing everything, and still doing it despite all of that. Pushing past your fear, however primal or emotional or heavy it feels, and doing what you know to be right.

She is silent for a few seconds, lowering herself down a touch as she lets what she says work their way through her audience's minds. Finally, she hisses once, and finishes, Thank you. I hope that something I said resounded with at least one of you. And she slithers away from the limelight. Now that her own little talk was over, her nervousness comes bursting back, and it takes all of her will power to set herself back down in her seat and not just scurry out of the building entirely. She sets her inspiri-ball down next to her tablet, the object having dutifully floated next to her during her talk.
Last edited by Sicilia on Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sicilia
An Italian Noodle who bites back!
Gear and Current Status
Quick Stats
I.S.P.: 44/44
H.P.: 45/45
S.D.C.: 99/99
Stone Form S.D.C.: 600/600

Omega Suit v3.1.7
S.D.C.:
  • Main Body: 250 / 250
  • *Body Camera: 15 / 15

Weight: 6 lbs
Modifiers:
  • AR: 17
  • *Body Camera (-2 to strike via aimed shot only)

Features:
  • Hyper-mimetic alloy fibers change size and molecular composition to fit wearer regardless of APS powers, shape or size changes.
  • Built-in short range encrypted radio transceiver (Omega freq only).
  • Built-in RFID transponder for C.S.P.D. verifies wearer is a Centurion to all C.S.P.D. and their precise GPS location within 20'
  • Body Camera located in center of chest.
  • Anti-Tamper system
  • Tail mounted computer - allows real-time tracking of Omega agents in the field

APS: Stone Transformation Bonuses/Changes

-Natural A.R. 16
-S.D.C.:
600 / 600 (replaces natural S.D.C. while transformed)
-Normal punches, kicks, knives, swords, clubs, bullets, and similar deal no damage regardless of strike roll
-Extraordinary, Superhuman P.S. deal quarter damage with strike roll below 17, deal full damage on 17+ strike roll
-Supernatural P.S. deals half damage with strike roll below 17, deals full damage on 17+ strike roll
-Fire, plasma, electricity, laser, energy bolts deal half damage with strike roll below 17, deal full damage on 17+ strike roll
-Impervious to cold
-Resistant to heat: 200 degrees F or below deals no damage, half damage between 201-299 degrees F, full damage at 300+ degrees F
-AP bullets, explosives rounds, grenades and light explosives deal half damage with strike roll below 17, deal full damage on 17+ strike roll
-Gas, ingested drugs, magic, and psionics have full effect
-Powerful explosions, infernos with blast-furnace like heat (300+ degrees F), hurricanes, earthquakes do full damage and do not require a strike roll
-Endure underwater pressure up to depths of 800 ft
-Function in vacuum until air supply is gone

-Weight is tripled
-P.S. increased by 16, considered Superhuman
-Can carry 200 times P.S. in pounds, can life 300 times P.S. in pounds
-Fatigues at half rate

-S.D.C. of stone (600) recovers at three times normal rate
-Radiates no heat in stone form, invisible to infrared and heat sensors
-Speed reduced by half in stone form
-Hold breath twice as long in stone form
Wi-Fi
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Wi-Fi »

Perception: 1d100: [44] = 44 / 62%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: [20] = 20 | 1d100: [26] = 26

After the call:
"Believe me I have had enough 'Embarassing' myself and others already...As Lemmy says.. Everything is a weapon, especially the facts. And the funny thing about facts is they do not need to be true or fully understood to hurt someone. If you insist on this...fine...I have a monster to track. and Claire, Please don't destroy any more evidence. We can simply cover it up if some of the kids are bothered by it. a tarp or blanket should do, they are great for covering things. We already know practically nothing as it is about what happened here. If for some reason you need to destroy evidence. take pictures of it like you did that bear if it is safe to. That was a good thing to do. Nice work on that." Wi-Fi tosses the ball back to Blackstar and she starts

'A waste of time. Giving a speech while the monsters that just likely ate your fellow counselors are still free. I have very little to offer these kids anyway. the moment they get back to the world anything I say will mean sh*t. So I can keep it short. suppose I should say something to shut Blackstar up. I miss the old days of shooting the villain and moving on to the next target.' (Keep in mind her current views on press and such! This is not a shot at the GM or the idea of cool speeches!)

the speach portion:
"A few of you probably know who I am...for those who do not I am Wi-Fi. For the moment I lead The Bravo team of the Omega’s.” Considering she was already on the lowest possible tier there was nothing to lose it was easy, “You have already met most of Bravo already. Lenok, Iron Maiden, Edison, Sicilia, Sentinel, and Rook.” the mutant says pointing out each as their name was said, “Each has proven courage under fire, Wisdom when needed and to be a team anyone would be happy to have at their back.” she pauses considering whether she should say anything about accountability.

Black Star wanted us to speak to you about some topics while we were here.” she states, “I am supposed to tell you about accountability. There is little that can be said about it you haven’t heard before. So I will spare you the big speech. Besides I am terrible at that sort of thing. The basics are this: Hero or not, it all boils down to stepping up and fixing what you did wrong, not repeating the mistake, and learning from it. Simple as that. Of course, it is easier when you have a good team to help you...” she pauses, “and speaking of the team. Lenok, if you will?
Last edited by Wi-Fi on Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
If my post is too stupidly written to read...ask me for a translation or hit me up in Hangouts.
Wi-Fi's character sheet
OOC Comments
Bonuses in green apply only when force aura is active.
PPE: 15
ISP: 94/140
HP: 30 (34 with aura)
SDC: 47 (260)
Aura: 240/260 (Aura also gives superhuman strength)
Swarm status: 5 (all healthy)
Stubby/Rover/Sparky/Nameless #1/Nameless #2
SDC: 50/50/50/50/50
TRS-13
SDC: 50
AR: 6

CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig (Patron Item)
Attachment: Close quarters Hand pistol (Mace/Pepper spray Round)
• Attachment: Close quarters Hand pistol (Rocksalt)
• Attachment: Close quarters Hand pistol (Shok Lock Cartridges)
• Attachment: Close quarters Hand pistol (Multi-ball -Low-Lethality)
OOC Comments
Features:
• 12 attachment points
• Integrated IRMSS: 20,000 credits to recharge (R:UE, p.263)
Attachment points can be utilized to carry 1 each of the following item types: sidearm, magazine, E-clip, grenade, canteen, food ration pack, minor items or individual tools.
• Attachment: Clip (Rocksalt)
• Attachment: Clip (Armor Piercing)
• Attachment: Clip (Shok Lock Cartridges)
• Attachment: Clip (Multi-ball -Low-Lethality)
• Attachment: Flash Pack (pre-Recorded with SOS and emergency beacon flash pattern)
• Attachment: Voice recorder Pack

Omega Field Kit
Collapsible fiberglass nightstick - 1D6 Damage
(2) Dosimeter clip badge
(20) Disposable gloves
(30) Evidence bags
First Aid Kit
Flashlight
Fold-able gas mask
Multitool
(5) Signal flares
(6) Zip ties

Shock Gloves:
• Range: Melee
• Damage: None. This gloves discharge an energy charge that short circuits the nervous system. Victims are dazed, -10 to strike, parry and dodge for 2d4 melee rounds.
A successful saving throw means the person has successfully fought off the effect and is unimpaired. Roll to save against each strike. Saving throw versus toxins.
• Rate of Fire: Single shots only, five shots total per melee
• Payload: 10/10 shots per charge (no clip)

Personal Weapons: Close quarters Hand pistols (2-4 as needed):
OOC Comments
Nest Handgun.gif
Firearms1.png
an SDC variant based on a NG-11S "Sawed-Off"
  • Range:
    • Shotgun Shells/Slugs: 200'
    • Damage:
      • Shotgun shells:
        [8] scattershot: 4D6
      • Solid slugs: 5D6
      • Rate of Fire: Single shot only
      • Payload: three shots; reloading the gun takes three melee actions
      • Weight: 3 lbs.
      • Features:
        Features:
        - Ripcord Quick reload system
        - Made of Non-Ferrous metals and Plastic/ceramics (Not magnetic materials)
        - Easy to customize, use and maintain even by novice armorers
        -top venting helps compensate for recoil by pushing down during weapon discharge
        -bottom-mounted camera and mic to record combat to identify targets after they are gone or turned into a bloody mist. also for scouting or looking under hard-to-reach spots.
        1. Mini-Telephoto Document Camera: A tiny, easy to conceal
        camera, only a little bigger than a disposable lighter. Cost: $350.
        (pg. 345, Main book)
        2. Wireless Microphone: This compact mic. is about the size
        and thickness of a box of matches. It can pick up sounds up to
        14 feet (4.3 m) away and broadcast up to 300 feet (91 m) away.
        Cost: $500.00 (pg. 344, Main book)

3. USB/SDD/chip style recorder and battery (encrypted)

4. Flashlight
      • Modifiers: None,
      • Book Reference: p.208, WB33
Sentinel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Sentinel »

Sentinel Prime

Perception: 1d100: [18] = 18 /88% (+15% to recognizing the arcane,+15% regarding technology)
D20 JiC: 1d20: [17] = 17 D100 JiC: 1d100: [57] = 57

Skills:
Trust: 106%/ 1d100: [28] = 28 To convince everyone present of his sincerity.

Yellow Dragon
OOC Comments
Languages: N:Class-Chinese/Mandarin, English, Spanish, Arabic, Russian, Japanese, Hindi/Urdu, Dragonese
P.P.E.: 478/478 | H.P.: N/A | S.D.C.: 756/756 AR: 16
Spell reference at this Link
Conditions: Immune to Magic, Illusions, Possession, Poison, Drugs, And Disease. Mind Block Auto-Defense. Does not tire. Half damage from Cold. Radiates no heat and is invisible to infrared and heat sensors. Immune to pressure; solid stone. Regenerates 6d6 SDC/Melee. Detect magic (also items), Psionics, Supernatural, Seismic, and Dimensional/Teleportation. He is aware of any technology in his vicinity or targeting him along and senses the presence of surveillance bugs, listening devices, concealed cameras, and spy robots.
A divine radiance coming from Sentinel and his voice is more than a little compelling to those listening. Awe and/or Horror Factor 14: Enemies must roll a 15 or higher on a twenty-sided die to avoid being momentarily awestruck. A failed roll means the individual loses initiative, one of his melee attacks. In this case, roll each melee round in which the character with the divine aura is attacked or speaks.
Abnormal Energy Sense: Sense the Use of Psionics or Magic: Range: 150 feet/level. (1200ft radius) Base Skill: (roll once every melee round). 89% / 1d100: [32] = 32
Track Abnormal Energy Trail (magic or psionics) Range: 150 feet/level. (1200ft radius) (roll once every melee round), provided the energy is long-lasting or repeatedly released over and over. 99% / 1d100: [6] = 6
OOC Comments
Can feel when magic or psionic powers are used and can tell whether it is magic or psychic energy (or both), whether it is near or far, and whether the emanations are strong/powerful or weak (i.e. a simple magic spell or a mystic battle or high level). In addition, the super being recognizes enchantment cast upon others (i.e. mystical charms, trances, disguises, etc.), and possession, and can also sense the presence of an enchanted weapon or object that grants its user superpowers or enables its user to cast magic spells, including rune weapons, but again, only when the item is in use or by touch.

Spells:

Butcher Bill:
OOC Comments
Equipment:
What he has carried with him is the radios for himself and his ectypes, Draupnir ring, and his Kanabō. Everything else is readily available to Sentinel in his dimensional room.
Sentinel thinks for a few moments about humility. Everyone likes to think they are humble.

Stepping forwards the old Emperor booms his voice loudly while subtly increasing his size (Divine Aura 16 Awe Factor and increased distance 2400 feet), ”Humility is power. Know the enemy and know yourself and you will always be victorious. You must know yourself and your capabilities so you do not need to think of yourself. If you over value your capabilities this leads to misunderstanding the limitations of your own ability, you start having to think about it. Once you are able to not think of yourself this leaves you able to consider those around you and what they can do for you that you cannot for yourself. What this means is as an individual you can only do so much, but those around you have capabilities that you cannot do. Knowing them, their capabilities, you can then leverage them to your service and add to your own capabilities. To only think of yourself you are limiting yourself because true power is in those you surround yourself with.”

“Humility is also mystery. What your enemies do not know is of your power becomes their weakness. If they do not know what you are capable of, then they do not know the limits to which you can affect them. If they do not know how they can be affected, then you can use them to your own ends without their knowledge.”

“I will leave you to consider this. Despite the King being everything to the game of chess, the queen can go where it wills that the king cannot, just as the rook, bishop, or pawn have their rolls.”
Sentinel says finishing his speech.
Yellow Dragon Ledger
OOC Comments
Languages: N:Class-Chinese/Mandarin,English, Spanish, Arabic, Russian, Japanese, Hindi/Urdu, Dragonese
P.P.E.: 478/478| H.P.: N/A | S.D.C.: 756/756 AR: 16 Save vs. Awe/Horror:14 (16) for words spoken and each attack against Sentinel
Spell reference at this Link

Sentinel Prime

Ectype 1

Ectype 2
Location: At Occult shop in Century Station for a lead on magical resources.

Ectype 3

Ectype 4

Ectype 5

Ectype 6

Ectype 7

Ectype 8
ImageImage
CHIMERA
Assistant Game Master

Post by CHIMERA »

Please Don't Make Me Stay, I've Been Here One Whole Day[/b]
Camp Guthrie
Weather: Starry starry night (63 degrees Fahrenheit)
Time: 8:30 pm

The Omega's Bravo squad faces its most dangerous challenge yet. Inter-dimensional gods that want to incinerate the planet? No. A rogue government intending to start a war that will consume the entire planet? Nope. Festering corruption that threatens not just Century Station but the very team? Not even. A group of pollution-themed mega-villians set on laying waste to everything in sight? Please. They are here to inspire a group of at-risk youths at a wilderness retreat. Each one of the heroes takes an inspirati-ball, a stress ball with an inspirational theme, and then steps up to the stage*.

Showing characteristic fearlessness, Lenok snatches a ball. But then he looks at the ball and realizes, no really, he has to go and inspire some kids. The indestructible dragon feels vulnerable for a moment, but decides to open up. He shares his thoughts on friendship. Despite describing himself as the dragon equivalent of a teenager, he gives off serious dad energy at points in his speech. It gets some giggles, but he also does connect with several campers, his new friend Riley included. His message reaches them on a personal level, and those words will come back to them from time to time when they step up. The campers applaud when he's done, and he gets a hearty slap on the back from Black Star. Claire gives him a thumbs up.

Feeling herself after impressing a small group of campers at dinner (including multiple versions of Helen Agee), Iron Maiden goes up next. There are more than a few misunderstood weirdos in the crowd, and they all smile and are inspired by her words, including both of the boys that took Bravo members through the hiking trail. In her speech, Chastity reveals that she is far more powerful than a bazooka she can conjure. A rocket might take down a bear, but she has She finishes to a thunderous applause, and she sees 50 people cheering her. Oh, wait, that's just Helen doing her thing again.

Edison comes up next and opens up on his guilty pleasures. He gets a few chuckles and eye rolls, but that's a win. Deep down, the kids relate to what he has to say, and his larger message is good for them to hear. He gets a polite applause, and looking to the back he notices the camper he worked with in the kitchen, Dave, smirking.

This challenge poses a unique challenge for Sicilia. How can a snake relate to a group of teenagers? Nonetheless, she slithers up to the stage. The kids knew that one of the heroes was a snake, and even saw her in the mess hall, but she looks far more impressive on the stage. She uses her telekinetic powers to 'speak' to the group, which startles a few at first. But that's part of the fun of it all. Some of the kids have serious criminal backgrounds, others are just teenage boys, and a giant snake talking about her primal instincts just sounds cool. She notices young Kearney grinning as she describes surviving in the wild. Maybe it's not the best message for the kids to hear, but it is an entertaining one.

Wi-Fi grabs a ball and gives it a quick glance. She introduces the team, says a few words, and steps down before anyone really gets settled in. Rook also says a few words that are politely received.

With his characteristic modesty, Sentinel is the last member of Bravo to speak. His thunderous words on humility are what one would expect from a brutal warlord. From the corner of his eyes, he sees a few kids with wicked smiles. They are taking notes so they can succeed like the First Emperor; hopefully they'll also learn about the dangers of mercury poisoning before following Sentinel down that path as well.

To close the night, Claire gets on the stage and transforms into her alter ego Clair de la Lune. She taps an odd tattoo at the top of her sternum and channels the source of her powers, le Espirit de la Lune, and turns ghostly white, with her eyes and lips outlined in an inky black. She leads the campers in a spirited sing-a-long. Some of the heroes might wonder if that much profanity is appropriate, but the reaction from the kids is, to quote the song, "pure mother fucking magic".

Once that is done, everyone has some free time before lights out. Lenok uses that time to check in with Riley**. She is giggling with another girl with cropped fuchsia hair. Riley turns around and smiles. The other girl runs off. "So you're a total dork too." She giggles again. "Really, a good speech."
Lenok wrote:"Hey Riley, if you ever need help or just a ear to talk too, here's my number, I prefer text over calls. Also if you need me to beat someone up or help burying a body"
"I don't have a phone. Mine was taken away. The prosecutor said that it was 'evidence in an ongoing criminal investigation'." She says those last words with the precise diction of someone who has heard it many times (in court) but doesn't fully understand what they mean. "Most of us don't have a one because the cops took them when we were arrested."
Lenok wrote:"I saw you light up when Karaoke was mentioned, are you afraid of singing in public like me? I'd rather eat my tail then stand up and do that, but if we do get stuck doing it, I will help you, you won't be alone."
"It's nothing. You know, your powers do weird things out here." She bites her lip and looks at the other campers milling around. Some are talking in small groups, others are sitting on benches finishing their classwork from earlier in the day. It is a pleasant end a surreal day.

WHAT DO YOU DO?

* I am very happy with the way that most of you decided to approach this prompt. A lot of you provided me with interesting explorations of your PC's personality and even gave them a chance to grow as a character. Sadly it was not a seven-way tie, but I am pleased to announce the following prizes:
First Place (500 XP; three-way tie): Iron Maiden, Lenok, Sicilia
Second Place (200 XP; two-way tie): Edison, Sentinel

** I've moved Lenok's dialogue to after the motivational speeches to keep the adventure moving along but give you answers to some of the questions that were asked.
Sicilia

Post by Sicilia »

Perception: 1d100: [4] = 4 / 60% +5% to perceive tactile characteristics
JiC d100: 1d100: [63] = 63 ; JiC d20: 1d20: [9] = 9

The snake is able to finally relax once the speeches are finished up. She is intrigued by the sing-along, unsure if she is supposed to join in or stay to the side. The profanity of it doesn't really register with her. With a childhood like hers, it was no wonder she thought nothing of the bad words. Better that than an eagle's talons.

Once the children break for their short free time before bed, Sicilia spends a few moments erasing her embarrassing set of nonsense she had tried to note down during the other speeches before heading towards the door. She stops herself, remembering not only her speech but what she had reminded herself earlier that very day. If you want them to talk to you, you have to actually, you know, talk to them.

Instead of leaving, Sicilia spends the rest of her time moving about the campers, asking little questions about their conversations or looking in on their coursework, curious as to how it works for most kids. If anyone asks her about it, she'll respond, I was taught math, how to read, and how to talk properly in Italian by a friendly human in the dirt of a forest a few miles out of a town. I had absolutely no idea what 'homework' was until I was in college. Dunno if I'm lucky or not on that front.

She doesn't bother taking notes while talking with the kids, aware that it might seem like she wasn't paying full attention to them, instead choosing to take time after everyone is sent to bed (and her to her little pile of blankets and pillows next to a bed) to finish up her notes for the evening.
Sicilia
Gear and Current Status
Quick Stats

Omega Suit v3.1.7
S.D.C.:

Modifiers:

Features:
  • Hyper-mimetic alloy fibers change size and molecular composition to fit wearer regardless of APS powers, shape or size changes.
  • Built-in RFID transponder for C.S.P.D. verifies wearer is a Centurion to all C.S.P.D. and their precise GPS location within 20'
  • Anti-Tamper system
  • Tail mounted computer - allows real-time tracking of Omega agents in the field

-Natural A.R. 16
-S.D.C.:
-Normal punches, kicks, knives, swords, clubs, bullets, and similar deal no damage regardless of strike roll
-Extraordinary, Superhuman P.S. deal quarter damage with strike roll below 17, deal full damage on 17+ strike roll
-Supernatural P.S. deals half damage with strike roll below 17, deals full damage on 17+ strike roll
-Fire, plasma, electricity, laser, energy bolts deal half damage with strike roll below 17, deal full damage on 17+ strike roll
-Impervious to cold
-Resistant to heat: 200 degrees F or below deals no damage, half damage between 201-299 degrees F, full damage at 300+ degrees F
-AP bullets, explosives rounds, grenades and light explosives deal half damage with strike roll below 17, deal full damage on 17+ strike roll
-Powerful explosions, infernos with blast-furnace like heat (300+ degrees F), hurricanes, earthquakes do full damage and do not require a strike roll

-Weight is tripled
-Fatigues at half rate

Edison

Post by Edison »

Perception: 1d100: [4] = 4 /50%
Just in Case: 1d20: [4] = 4 ; 1d100: [50] = 50

Situation:
  • Missing Counselors
Potential Victims:
Points of contact:
Transformative powers, turns into a ghost like entity.
Orders given:
From Chimera:
  • Assist the remaining councilors in the day to day operations of the camp.
From WiFi:
Additional Notes:
  • Localized comms are limited to approximately 300' or so, any further gets odd feedback or static in general.
  • Something knocked down trees across one of the main hiking trails, these were not old trees. Tracks around the tree are mostly the campers, and a few of the prints found during our initial landing. Trees were battered down with several blows, so what ever did it was strong, but not ungodly strong it seems.
  • A bear washed up on the shore of the lake, and apparently was mauled very bad. The bear was destroyed by use of Napalm.
  • The two missing councilors had run off to do adult things, and never came back.
Campers List
  • "30" Helen Agee (14; multiple selves) - Charged with felony theft and trespassing; can create up to 30 clones of herself which she used to storm designer retail stores and steal as much as possible
  • Siobahn "Cran" Berry (16) - Ward of the state; the psychological profile for first viola is very close to the psychological profile of a costumed villain, we hope early intervention will produce the former
  • Gaylord "Smith" Byron (15; vertigo powers) - charged with two dozen counts of petty assault; someone insulted his poetry (NOTE FROM CLAIR: tbf his poetry sux so bad) (NOTE FROM BLACK STAR: be nice, if my parents gave me that name id write moody doggerel too) (NOTE FROM CLAIR: aha! even you think his poetry is bad!) (NOTE FROM BLACK STAR: thats not what i said!)
  • Dolph Groening (16) - Arrested for manufacture of an illicit chemical, possession with intent to sell of an illicit chemical, and aggravated assault, charges pending; made his own designer drugs that could temporarily grant user super powers and sold it to his classmates
  • Yuki Hitachi (16; teleportation) - Arrested for trespassing, charges dropped; was caught using her powers to sneak backstage to the Centa-jamboree Music and Arts Festival on more than one occasion
  • HRM - Ward of state; Hermione Jane (13) was consumed by a swarm of nanites three years ago, the nanites later consolidated into a single entity claiming to have Hermione's consciousness
  • James "Jimbo" Jones (15) - Charged with possession of an illicit chemical, petty assault, aggravated assault, trespassing with intent to assault; purchased drugs that gave him temporary super powers and decided to settle the score with some classmates
  • Kearney (10; rapid aging and super-strength) - Charged with petty assault and larceny; despite being in the 5th grade he looks and acts like a low-level goon in his middle 30's, was caught shaking down drunks outside a bar
  • Riley "Kilo" Lewis (14; create dimensional pockets) - Arrested for possession with intent to sell, charges dropped; was coerced by her uncle to use her developing super powers to transport large quantities of narcotics into Century Station
  • Stark "Raver" Mann (14) - Charges pending; no one is sure where the uranium Stark used to power his armor came from, he insists that he synthesized it himself in his basement but CHIMERA scientists have yet to find the particle accelerator he would need to do so
  • Gavin McCulloh (9; reality warping) - Ward of the state; just keep Gavin happy and distracted at all times, do not let him help in any way and for the love of all that is holy do not ask him about imaginary friend "Buddy"
  • Beth Molok (13) - Arrested for burglary, felony theft, and menacing with a deadly weapon, charges pending; broke into a storehouse controlled by the Order of St. Ptolmey and bonded with a magical staff, staff returned to Order for time being but bond still very strong
  • Dave Muntz (16; sonic blast) - Arrested for vandalism, charges dropped; a sarcastic laugh destroyed the windows of 10 storefronts, uses humor to mask his high anxiety
  • Nester Onard (13; electrokenisis) - Ward of state; found living in an abandoned video arcade that he was operating using his own powers
  • Jean "String" Phaseol (15; create vines from body) - Arrested for aggravated assault, charges pending; attacked Jimbo Jones after he had been subdued by police officers
  • "Letters 2" Cleopatra Post Jr. (15; mild precognition) - Arrested for felony theft charges dropped; stole 238 scratch lottery tickets from a convenience store, insisted she would pay the owner back with part of the winnings
  • Jeremy "Coyote" Roedikk (16; fire manipulation) - Charged with public indecency and petty vandalism; arrested while urinating into his physics teacher's windshield wiper fluid tank, the fact he hasn't used his super powers in his many acts of vandalism yet is a good sign
  • Pippa "Riot" Rosay (14; metal manipulation) - Arrested for aggravated assault, charges dropped; generally shy and withdrawn but has explosive anger issues
  • Gwenno "Rocksteady" Stevens (15; energy constructs) - Expelled from multiple high schools; Gwenno does not play nice with others and while she has not commited any crimes yet, we're concerned that she will in the future
  • Mark "Headcrusher" Tyzik (17; telekenisis) - Expelled from high school; attempted to crush his guidance counselor's head
Schedule

Once the speeches are over, Edison will make his way over to Dave. "Glad to see my speech at least made you smirk." Edison says with a smirk of his own. Edison sits through the singing, not entirely sure what to think. While the particular genre of music wasn't his style, the message was surprisingly wholesome, so he gave it a pass for that at least.

Once it becomes free time, Edison decides to join in whatever mischief the kids are doing, at least till lights out. Once the kids are safely off to their bunks Edison puts his helmet on and walks the perimeter of the camp, never venturing into the woods. Edison has his thermal settings on and is looking for things out of place. Once a pass has been made, Edison makes his way back to the bunkhouse that was set aside for Bravo.

Edison steps into the building and begins the slow process of stripping off his signature body armor, stacking it in a neat pile, leaving him in just some regular clothes. Edison also unloads all of his firearms and puts the ammo in his bag, just to make sure no one can get hurt by accident. Much like Sicilia, Edison opens his journal and jots down not only his usual daily journal entry, but a few notes about what he's learned. Once finished, Edison packs his journal away and lays in his bunk. What an odd first day. Edison thinks.
Edison
“Why is it my job to save these people? Why do I have to be some kind of hero?” ~Dean Winchester
Lenok
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Lenok »

Perception: 1d100: [65] = 65
JIC: 1d20: [8] = 8
JIC: 1d100: [96] = 96
Riley wrote:
Lenok wrote:"Hey Riley, if you ever need help or just a ear to talk too, here's my number, I prefer text over calls. Also if you need me to beat someone up or help burying a body"
"I don't have a phone. Mine was taken away. The prosecutor said that it was 'evidence in an ongoing criminal investigation'." She says those last words with the precise diction of someone who has heard it many times (in court) but doesn't fully understand what they mean. "Most of us don't have a one because the cops took them when we were arrested."
Lenok wrote:"I saw you light up when Karaoke was mentioned, are you afraid of singing in public like me? I'd rather eat my tail then stand up and do that, but if we do get stuck doing it, I will help you, you won't be alone."
"It's nothing. You know, your powers do weird things out here." She bites her lip and looks at the other campers milling around. Some are talking in small groups, others are sitting on benches finishing their classwork from earlier in the day. It is a pleasant end a surreal day.
Leo stands there for a moment letting what Riley just said sink in before the sudden realization oh what the young lady just said hits him. ~Wait what? seriously? Of course it's one of the kids abilities, that makes perfect sense, all these powers kids and the inability to control their powers and abilities, of course some, if not all, of the problems reported are going to be related to puberty, why didn't you see this coming Lenok, I am so stupid sometimes.~

Shaking his thoughts off for a moment, Lenok speaking in low tone to Riley to try and keep her possible embarrassing exposure moment to a minimal audibly. "Wait Riley" Looks around to make sure no one is listening in, "Is the karaoke like power yours?" Leans in. "You wouldn't be, and are not in trouble, just they think it's a lead to whats happening out here and if its just a case of someone just needing better control over their abilities, they need to know so they can look for the real source of the problem, if you want, I can try and help you learn better control, I have to keep this form all the time so not to scare people so I am pretty good at having learned to hold back certain aspects of myself. I will totally help you and take as much time as you need if we have too."

OOC Comments
((Her response will determine Lenoks response and action))
Afterward the discussion Lenok will approach Black Star and Wifi and inform them of situation in private, even requesting a private discussion if need be.
Current Appearance: A 27 year old Japanese/Caucasian male, approximately 5'10" appearing around 180 lbs, dark hair and eyes, wearing a black shirt, jeans, and boots. Appears to be in peak physical condition.
Lenok
Iron Maiden

Post by Iron Maiden »

Perception (33%): 1d100: [79] = 79
JIC (d20/d%): 1d20: [19] = 19 / 1d100: [31] = 31

Camp Guthrie
Weather: Starry starry night (63 degrees Fahrenheit)
Time: 8:30 pm

Chastity goes into the campers and respectfully listens to what all the other Omegas have to say before turning to the campers and saying, "Public speaking is not exactly my thing, I am glad of your support, I guess I did not mess up too bad. Say, do any of you know anything about wood carving or braiding ropes? I had this thought about possibly showing some of you how to build things, but we would have to make what we need out of available materials."

Chastity thinks, Actually, the idea of possibly building some traps is not bad if this place might be under siege, but even such things as a few conveniences they build themselves might be useful for improving morale.

It seems less likely that Wifi will want to go out searching around at night, but if she does want to Chastity will do that first. Otherwise, she will see what she can learn and what she can teach.
Iron Maiden
Natural AR 11

CLOCKWORK WOLF
Natural AR 16
Wi-Fi
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Wi-Fi »

Perception: 1d100: [34] = 34 / 62%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: [11] = 11 | 1d100: [13] = 13

It seemed likely whatever was out there would have attacked something by now. After the speeches, Wi-Fi waits until she can get a chance to speak to Blackstar or Clair. Once she manages that. Perhaps it was seen by the kid. and Smith did mention the word projection. She even already suggested it herself. If some sort of projection power was used it could show in the kid's artwork. This might a long shot but one worth a brief look at least.

"Is there a chance I could see examples of the kids' artwork sometime?" she asked, "Case related. Oh and do you know where the wolves typically go to for a lair or to rest in the area?" she asks. After that goes to her cottage and continues to try and ID the creature (or phenomena) and looks over the camp maps for likely spot a 12-foot-tall beast might hide during the day. If it was indeed some power it would be a matter of who. she already had a few hunches that needed proving or disproving.

That and with press at home and 'top of the line security and information control' of thee omega it was better to be safe. she was going to stay away from kids and if she had to be near them be with someone else. The press loved ammunition and some of the ammunition was the kind that did not care if you were responsible or not for the crime.
If needed:
OOC Comments
Lore: Demons & Monsters 1d100: [60] = 60 /78%
Lore: Psychics & Psionics 1d100: [37] = 37 /63%
Double-checking facts or confirming:
Lore: Demons & Monsters 1d100: [20] = 20 /78%
Lore: Psychics & Psionics 1d100: [27] = 27 /63%
If my post is too stupidly written to read...ask me for a translation or hit me up in Hangouts.
Wi-Fi's character sheet
OOC Comments
TRS-13

OOC Comments
Features:
• 12 attachment points
Attachment points can be utilized to carry 1 each of the following item types: sidearm, magazine, E-clip, grenade, canteen, food ration pack, minor items or individual tools.
• Attachment: Flash Pack (pre-Recorded with SOS and emergency beacon flash pattern)

Omega Field Kit
(2) Dosimeter clip badge
(20) Disposable gloves
(30) Evidence bags
First Aid Kit
Flashlight
Fold-able gas mask
Multitool
(5) Signal flares
(6) Zip ties

Shock Gloves:
• Damage: None. This gloves discharge an energy charge that short circuits the nervous system. Victims are dazed, -10 to strike, parry and dodge for 2d4 melee rounds.
A successful saving throw means the person has successfully fought off the effect and is unimpaired. Roll to save against each strike. Saving throw versus toxins.

OOC Comments
Nest Handgun.gif
Firearms1.png
  • Range:
    • Damage:
      • Shotgun shells:
      • Features:
        Features:
        -top venting helps compensate for recoil by pushing down during weapon discharge
        -bottom-mounted camera and mic to record combat to identify targets after they are gone or turned into a bloody mist. also for scouting or looking under hard-to-reach spots.
        (pg. 345, Main book)

4. Flashlight
CHIMERA
Assistant Game Master

Post by CHIMERA »

Salute Your Shorts
Camp Guthrie
Date: Tuesday, April 14th, 2043
Weather: Light morning haze (58 degrees Fahrenheit)
Time: 7:45 am

To Lights Out
The members of Bravo spend the rest of the evening enjoying the nice cool weather with the campers. Sicilia coils up and several boys, including Kearney, sit around to ask her for help with their classwork. As Sicilia admits, she does not have much experience with homework, but the boys don't seem to mind. Then again, they don't seem to be the smartest kids, Kearney included, in the camp. Even if she's not taking notes, Sicilia gets good intel. The boys make a few references to sneaking off the hiking trail. As one of them says, "There's a really good huckleberry patch on the other side of the river. You have to go five minutes north of the trail, but totally worth it." Sicilia also notices one boy running a small arc of electricity from the tip of a finger to the tip of his pencil; she can only smile and pretend not to notice.

Edison has a similar experience sitting with a group of older boys including Dave and Mark, the boy that took Edison along the hiking trail that afternoon. They sit under one of the lamps that is closest to the edge of camp and play cards. The conversation is series of boasts over who is the toughest in the group. Although no one is saying it explicitly, they all seem to be arguing who has gone deeper into the woods when left to their own devices.

Iron Maiden sits with a third group of campers. It might seem like half of the camp is hanging out with her, but it's really three young girls and ten clones of one of them. She has a fun time talking with the girls. By the end of the night, more campers have joined them. Iron Maiden is the most popular Omega at Camp Guthrie without a doubt.

Lenok sits down with his new friend Riley.
Lenok wrote:"Is the karaoke like power yours?"

"What? No. I can create dimensional pockets."
Lenok wrote:"You wouldn't be ... take as much time as you need if we have too."

"It's not like that at all," Riley replies. She looks around to make sure no one else is paying attention to them. "I got arrested because I was using my powers to help my uncle smuggle stuff: cough syrup, money, guns, meth. Like, I not supposed to use my powers as part of my plea deal. But I did. And..." Again she looks around, no one is paying attention to them. "You have to promise not to tell anyone!"

Assuming Lenok promises to keep her secret, Riley takes three steps back and is almost leaning against a tree just past what could be called the camp grounds. She pulls reality open with her hands creating a small glowing rectangle. "This isn't how my powers normally work. Look inside." Lenok puts his head up to the dimensional pocket, it is like looking through a window into a small studio apartment. A magical being - humanoid, about five and a half feet tall, with bobbed blue hair, pointed ears just creeping up - sits in a big comfy chair crocheting blue yarn. They do not seem to notice the dimensional portal or Lenok watching. "I've peeked in a couple of times, and they just do boring things like read or crochet. One time I did see them performing karaoke. It was weird. Not like dangerous, but more like I shouldn't be watching this."

She closes the dimensional pocket before anyone else sees it and then goes back to join her friends. At the other end of the camp, Wi-Fi talks business with Black Star.
Wi-Fi wrote:"Is there a chance I could see examples of the kids' artwork sometime? Case related."
"Sure," Black Star replies. "Why don't you supervise art time in the morning. That was Firstie's job, and I'm sure some will be happy to get back to it. You can look at their works then."
Wi-Fi wrote:"Oh and do you know where the wolves typically go to for a lair or to rest in the area?"
"Not really sure. They usually keep away from the camp." He looks out into the woods to the west. "My best guess would be near the mountains west of the lake. If there were any to the east, they moved further away when Old Man Aden started building his gated community."

A little after 10, Black Star has Dave shout 'LIGHT'S OUT', and everyone goes to their bunk. It is an uneventful evening, except for the occasional howl. It is hard to be certain, but Wi-Fi suspects that the were coming from the north east.

Sun Up
The Omegas wake up to the sounds of campers running around. A couple of boys fight over the showers; one girl walking to the mess hall can be heard complaining that the coffee is too weak; Kearney is farting like he is a one man-child brass section. The members of Bravo Squad go to the mess hall and find a breakfast platter of buckwheat pancakes, vegetarian breakfast sausage, mixed berries and yogurt, and spinach, Swiss, and egg white quiche.

WHAT DO YOU DO?
Iron Maiden

Post by Iron Maiden »

Camp Guthrie
Time: 7:45 am

A thought occurs to Chastity during the night, Could the two both be one monster? She goes looking for Wi-fi early to mention it.

She tries not to be overheard as she asks, "It occurred to me that the two missing people might have accidentally discovered a gestalt power and could currently be unable to separate back into one being. Our monster could be the two of them fused together and expressing some power."
Iron Maiden
Natural AR 11

CLOCKWORK WOLF
Natural AR 16
Lenok
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Lenok »

Perception: 1d100: [10] = 10
JIC: 1d20: [6] = 6
JIC: 1d100: [21] = 21
Chimera wrote:Lenok sits down with his new friend Riley.
Lenok wrote:"Is the karaoke like power yours?"

"What? No. I can create dimensional pockets."
Lenok wrote:"You wouldn't be ... take as much time as you need if we have too."

"It's not like that at all," Riley replies. She looks around to make sure no one else is paying attention to them. "I got arrested because I was using my powers to help my uncle smuggle stuff: cough syrup, money, guns, meth. Like, I not supposed to use my powers as part of my plea deal. But I did. And..." Again she looks around, no one is paying attention to them. "You have to promise not to tell anyone!"

The Detective looks a bit confused for a moment, ~ Did they really make a kid promise not to do something as natural to them as breathing, walking and talking to regular humans? That seems not only ignorant, but wrong on so many levels, imagine forcing someone to sit in a wheelchair when they have the ability to walk, the longer I am the more obvious the differences.~He nods in agreement slowly, preparing himself for whatever may come.
Chimera wrote:Assuming Lenok promises to keep her secret, Riley takes three steps back and is almost leaning against a tree just past what could be called the camp grounds. She pulls reality open with her hands creating a small glowing rectangle. "This isn't how my powers normally work. Look inside." Lenok puts his head up to the dimensional pocket, it is like looking through a window into a small studio apartment. A magical being - humanoid, about five and a half feet tall, with bobbed blue hair, pointed ears just creeping up - sits in a big comfy chair crocheting blue yarn. They do not seem to notice the dimensional portal or Lenok watching. "I've peeked in a couple of times, and they just do boring things like read or crochet. One time I did see them performing karaoke. It was weird. Not like dangerous, but more like I shouldn't be watching this."

She closes the dimensional pocket before anyone else sees it and then goes back to join her friends. At the other end of the camp, Wi-Fi talks business with Black Star.
Initially a bit shocked and then his mind starts processing what he has just seen.~ Well this is similar to Jerry's power, I wonder if it's a fixed point, or a moveable doorway type think like Jerry had. Sentinel mention a some spatial distortion room on the plane, I wonder if this is like that.~ "No Worries Riley, a Close friend of Mine has a Similar ability to this I believe, possibly more than one. Is that room a fixed point, or can you change the location of where that doorway goes? Either way I believe I should introduce you to a teammate of mine with a similar power, he might be able to help train you, in secret even. To get a better understanding and grasp, after all I am a firm believer if you don't master your abilities, you're more prone to accidents and mistakes. How can we make sure you walk the correct path for you, if you're not at your best, right? I do have one question before you go, can you give me the date and time that you saw and heard the karaoke so I can confirm thats when that was heard and cross it off the suspicious events list?"
Last edited by Lenok on Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lenok
Edison

Post by Edison »

Perception: 1d100: [62] = 62 /50%
Just in Case: 1d20: [5] = 5 ; 1d100: [96] = 96

Situation:
  • Missing Counselors
Potential Victims:
Points of contact:
Orders given:
From Chimera:
From WiFi:
Additional Notes:
Campers List
Schedule
Timeline of Events
Events started two to three weeks before Arrival: Odd Sounds coming from the woods, Large unidentified animal tracks near the cabins.
Sunday April 5th: Something knocked the trees down near camp.
Wednesday April 8th: Bear washed up on shore after being mauled.
Friday Night April 10th/Saturday Morning April 11th: Cuppo and Firsty leave camp to do "things" but do not return.
Saturday April 11th And Sunday April 12th: Camp Guthrie searches for missing Councilors.
Monday April 13th: Omega's Team Bravo Arrives via Airdrop.
Monday April 13th: Something in the woods makes it's presence known.
Tuesday April 14th: Current Day

Edison wakes up with a tired yawn. Man I do not like sleeping in new places. Edison thinks as he throws back his covers and looks for his pants. Once wearing pants, Edison digs in his clothes pile for the other things he needs, but ultimately decides not to put his Edison suit on, at least not yet. Edison groans like an old man as he beds over to tie his boots up. Once dressed, Edison makes his way to the bathrooms with his dopp bag, and runs a comb through his hair, a razor over the stubble that is growing and a toothbrush across his teeth, before putting everything back and stowing the bag in his kit.

Edison watches the kids be kids as he enters the mess hall, and makes an immediate beeline to the coffee pot. Pouring a cup of the black stuff, and taking the first sip, allows Edison to clear his mind for what likely will be a very eventful day. Edison looks over the food offered and decides to be creative, making what could be construed as a sandwich out of pancakes, Quiche, and sausage. He puts the yogurt and berries on the side almost as an afterthought. Edison looks about and finds a seat to eat his creation, and deems it passable. In between bites, Edison talks with the kids.
Iron Maiden wrote:"It occurred to me that the two missing people might have accidentally discovered a gestalt power and could currently be unable to separate back into one being. Our monster could be the two of them fused together and expressing some power."
Edison shakes his head. "That's a stretch. Nothing in our evidence even remotely points to that." Edison says.

Edison looks to Claire and Yasim. "So what's on the agenda this morning?" Edison asks.
Edison
Iron Maiden

Post by Iron Maiden »

Edison wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:10 pm Edison shakes his head. "That's a stretch. Nothing in our evidence even remotely points to that." Edison says.
Chastity frowns, I thought it was at least a clever possibility.

She inquires, "What does the current evidence point to? Are there any better theories?"

Chastity admits that she does not know much about detective work, but in a place like a summer camp for troubled supers, nearly anything is possible.
Iron Maiden
Natural AR 11

CLOCKWORK WOLF
Natural AR 16
Wi-Fi
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Wi-Fi »

Perception: 1d100: [52] = 52 / 62%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: [6] = 6 | 1d100: [52] = 52

Lights out:
Blackstar wrote:"Sure," Black Star replies. "Why don't you supervise art time in the morning. That was Firstie's job, and I'm sure some will be happy to get back to it. You can look at their works then."
"Like I have a choice? there is no real evidence to work with other than those trees," she says with a shrug, "Not that I have anything better to do." she answers Blackstar, thinking to herself Like say finding your friends which everyone seems to be avoiding and counting on a bunch of teenagers for reliable facts. Wi-Fi did not show any anger or anything to hint at her mood and thoughts on these issues. she was neutral and pleasant despite how she felt.

The next morning:
Edison wrote:Edison shakes his head. "That's a stretch. Nothing in our evidence even remotely points to that." Edison says.
Iron Maiden wrote:Chastity frowns, I thought it was at least a clever possibility.

She inquires, "What does the current evidence point to? Are there any better theories?"
"We have Sentinel that can be in four separate places so we know the power exists. There are some Gestalts in the files on the omega's database. As for changing or gaining powers randomly that is an omega trademark at this point. It would also fit the idea of the two missing counselors that do not have bodies. Unless Claire melted them too. In regards to evidence, that object read showed multiple monsters, a description, and thanks to Sentinel and Lennok a rough strength level. So far we have no lair or idea of what it is exactly. Add in the two missing counselors. Not saying it is the case, but it is a possibility lets pen that Gesalt idea in as a maybe." she adds.

"We have been busy playing camp Counsellor motivational speakers. If any of the kids said anything of interest now would be a good time to mention it. as we have little to no physical evidence or solid leads. we have nothing concrete, and what evidence we did have was melted before we even arrived. If anyone wants to try something we can do that. oh and if you find anything worth object reading try and snag it." Wi-Fi states plainly.

"Oh and I am supposed to supervise art time for the campers. I need a look at the art for anything they have not told us. lots of things show in what art we make. I'll need a volunteer. the last thing I need is to be alone with kids considering how the press loves me so much. the press will have field day considering I am psychic and there is no surviving a charge with kids even if you are innocent or not psychic." Wi-Fi looks to the Omegas. otherwise will pick one at random.
Wi-Fi's character sheet
OOC Comments
TRS-13

OOC Comments
Features:
• 12 attachment points

Omega Field Kit
(2) Dosimeter clip badge
(20) Disposable gloves
(30) Evidence bags
First Aid Kit
Flashlight
Fold-able gas mask
Multitool
(5) Signal flares
(6) Zip ties

Shock Gloves:

OOC Comments
Nest Handgun.gif
Firearms1.png
  • Range:
    • Damage:
      • Shotgun shells:
      • Features:
        Features:
        (pg. 345, Main book)

4. Flashlight
Edison

Post by Edison »

((Rolls Carried over))
Iron Maiden wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:42 pmShe inquires, "What does the current evidence point to? Are there any better theories?"
Edison sighs. "For one there is more than one... A gestalt is many into one, so the opposite. Have any of you actually read the information that the councilors gave us? Has a list of information about everyone involved here." Edison says.
Wi-Fi wrote:"We have Sentinel that can be in four separate places so we know the power exists. There are some Gestalts in the files on the omega's database. As for changing or gaining powers randomly that is an omega trademark at this point. It would also fit the idea of the two missing counselors that do not have bodies. Unless Claire melted them too. In regards to evidence, that object read showed multiple monsters, a description, and thanks to Sentinel and Lennok a rough strength level. So far we have no lair or idea of what it is exactly. Add in the two missing counselors. Not saying it is the case, but it is a possibility lets pen that Gesalt idea in as a maybe." she adds.
Edison looks at Wi-Fi confusedly. "Claire did what? Do you mean Cuppo, the guy with the cup based super powers? I don't see a point in penning in a far fetched theory." Edison says.
Wi-Fi wrote:"We have been busy playing camp Counsellor motivational speakers. If any of the kids said anything of interest now would be a good time to mention it. as we have little to no physical evidence or solid leads. we have nothing concrete, and what evidence we did have was melted before we even arrived. If anyone wants to try something we can do that. oh and if you find anything worth object reading try and snag it." Wi-Fi states plainly.
Edison shrugs. "Some of the kids sneak out of camp when they have free time. Seems to be a right of passage, who can get father away from camp. But even in that they didn't mention seeing anything out of the ordinary." Edison says, answering the question posed.
Wi-Fi wrote:"Oh and I am supposed to supervise art time for the campers. I need a look at the art for anything they have not told us. lots of things show in what art we make. I'll need a volunteer. the last thing I need is to be alone with kids considering how the press loves me so much. the press will have field day considering I am psychic and there is no surviving a charge with kids even if you are innocent or not psychic." Wi-Fi looks to the Omegas. otherwise will pick one at random.
Edison just raises an eyebrow. "I have some art experience, I guess I can volunteer. On a side note, the press is fickle, give them a week and they'll have moved on to something else. It's the whole reason we're here, to be out of sight. You have bad press, I am very much disliked by some folk in Sector ten, so here I am as well. If you worry about every bad thing you're just gonna set yourself up for failure. This is a learning experience at worst, and an opportunity at best, so work towards making it an opportunity." Edison says, his voice sounding sincere.
Edison
Wi-Fi
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Wi-Fi »

Edison sighs. "For one there is more than one... A gestalt is many into one, so the opposite. Have any of you actually read the information that the councilors gave us? Has a list of information about everyone involved here." Edison says.
"We have two missing counselors and a monster that has yet to attack shows up? either way, It's something to consider and disprove over time. The funny thing about genetics is it finds a way if it needs to." Wi-Fi shrugs.
Edison looks at Wi-Fi confusedly. "Claire did what? Do you mean Cuppo, the guy with the cup based super powers? I don't see a point in penning in a far fetched theory." Edison says.
"There was a bear that was killed by the monster supposedly. the dead bear was destroyed but they took pictures of it. If you want I have them and Claire does as well. She took the original photos with her phone." Wi-Fi says, "That was direct evidence that might have helped a lot."
Edison wrote:Edison shrugs. "Some of the kids sneak out of camp when they have free time. Seems to be a right of passage, who can get farther away from camp. But even in that, they didn't mention seeing anything out of the ordinary." Edison says, answering the question posed.
"Then we need to find out which campers had arrived or went outside of camp around the time the two counselors disappeared if you haven't already done that. Something took out the two counselors or they went AWOL maybe? That AWOL idea seems unlikely." she responds.
Edison wrote:"I have some art experience, I guess I can volunteer. On a side note, the press is fickle, give them a week and they'll have moved on to something else. It's the whole reason we're here, to be out of sight. You have bad press, I am very much disliked by some folk in Sector ten, so here I am as well. If you worry about every bad thing you're just gonna set yourself up for failure. This is a learning experience at worst, and an opportunity at best, so work towards making it an opportunity."
"I guess you are going to learn a little art and sketching. I get to see how good or bad a teacher I am. The people in sector ten don't have to sell headlines, bi-lines, and hyperlinks. and quite frankly the press is not interested in truth for the benefit of others from my experience. and I have learned not to trust the press outside of 2 reporters. and for the record anytime kids are around I am on high alert for that bad press. When children or teens are involved you can never turn bad press into an opportunity. but we can debate that later. We have counselors to find." the woman smile.
Wi-Fi's character sheet
OOC Comments
TRS-13

OOC Comments
Features:
• 12 attachment points

Omega Field Kit
(2) Dosimeter clip badge
(20) Disposable gloves
(30) Evidence bags
First Aid Kit
Flashlight
Fold-able gas mask
Multitool
(5) Signal flares
(6) Zip ties

Shock Gloves:

OOC Comments
Nest Handgun.gif
Firearms1.png
  • Range:
    • Damage:
      • Shotgun shells:
      • Features:
        Features:
        (pg. 345, Main book)

4. Flashlight
Edison

Post by Edison »

((Rolls Carried Over))
Wi-Fi wrote:"We have two missing counselors and a monster that has yet to attack shows up? either way, It's something to consider and disprove over time. The funny thing about genetics is it finds a way if it needs to." Wi-Fi shrugs.
Edison again shakes his head. "The monster was here before they went missing, at least that's how I've parsed the information given. So I doubt they became the monster, then disappeared themselves."

Wi-Fi wrote:"There was a bear that was killed by the monster supposedly. the dead bear was destroyed but they took pictures of it. If you want I have them and Claire does as well. She took the original photos with her phone." Wi-Fi says, "That was direct evidence that might have helped a lot."
Edison again interjects. "I know about the bear, you said Clair melted something. It was Cuppo who did that." Edison corrects.
Wi-Fi wrote:"Then we need to find out which campers had arrived or went outside of camp around the time the two counselors disappeared if you haven't already done that. Something took out the two counselors or they went AWOL maybe? That AWOL idea seems unlikely." she responds.
"Easy enough, but I would suspect it's going to amount to just about all of them." Edison answers.
Wi-Fi wrote:"I guess you are going to learn a little art and sketching. Guess I get to see how good or bad a teacher I am. The people in sector ten don't have to sell headlines, bi-lines, and hyperlinks. and quite frankly the press is not interested in truth for the benefit of others from my experience. and I have learned not to trust the press outside of 2 reporters. and for the record anytime kids are around I am on high alert for that bad press. When children or teens are involved you can never turn bad press into an opportunity. but we can debate that later. We have counselors to find." the woman smile.
Edison laughs. "The press is the second worse thing I had to deal with in Sector Ten. All they want to do is avoid bad press, so don't think you're the only one who's been there. And it really depends on where you go for your news, some love to tell the truth while some like to make the truth. As for turning it to an opportunity, I never said bad press, I said making this situation into an opportunity. If one keeps looking into the past, one can never enjoy the present or even see the future." Edison says.

CHIMERA, which kids was Edison talking to the night before?
Edison
Wi-Fi
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Wi-Fi »

Edison wrote:Edison again shakes his head. "The monster was here before they went missing, at least that's how I've parsed the information given. So I doubt they became the monster, then disappeared themselves."
"Let's hope you are right. I would hate to think they developed odd powers beyond their control, and removes some of the options." she says with a nod.
Edison again interjects. "I know about the bear, you said Clair melted something. It was Cuppo who did that." Edison corrects.
"I don't care who the f*ck did it. it was sloppy work and a stupid decision. It is also the destruction of evidence we needed." she gets up. A bunch of sloppy counselors. clearly they have no proper training. the mutant thought.
Edison wrote:"Easy enough, but I would suspect it's going to amount to just about all of them." Edison answers.
"Then be more specific. Those that went on the night of and before and after the disappearance. Unless the entire camp went AWL at once...and that seems unlikely. Surely they keep a records book on such events or would remember who went out on that night." the mutant adds.
Edison wrote:Edison laughs. "The press is the second worse thing I had to deal with in Sector Ten. All they want to do is avoid bad press, so don't think you're the only one who's been there. And it really depends on where you go for your news, some love to tell the truth while some like to make the truth. As for turning it to an opportunity, I never said bad press, I said making this situation into an opportunity. If one keeps looking into the past, one can never enjoy the present or even see the future." Edison says.
"I was a Vigilante. I saw plenty of bad press. just not the kind involving kids. And I doubt the press even gives a shit about giving me any good recognition. As for the future and present...I have no concerns they can drown in that lake. I just want to solve this case and get back to civilization. And since you seem to have all the facts solve something so we can all go home. I have a bunch of kids to deal with and somehow not screw it up." she then leaves with her portable computer
Wi-Fi's character sheet
OOC Comments
TRS-13

OOC Comments
Features:
• 12 attachment points

Omega Field Kit
(2) Dosimeter clip badge
(20) Disposable gloves
(30) Evidence bags
First Aid Kit
Flashlight
Fold-able gas mask
Multitool
(5) Signal flares
(6) Zip ties

Shock Gloves:

OOC Comments
Nest Handgun.gif
Firearms1.png
  • Range:
    • Damage:
      • Shotgun shells:
      • Features:
        Features:
        (pg. 345, Main book)

4. Flashlight
CHIMERA
Assistant Game Master

Post by CHIMERA »

Hey Dude
Camp Guthrie
Time: 8:00 am

Finishing up Lenok's Conversation
Lenok wrote:"No Worries Riley... if you're not at your best, right?"
The teenage girl rolls her eyes. "I'm good with my powers. Real good. I used to open my pocket dimension under bottles of cough syrup in the locked shelves at the drugstore and sneak them out unseen." She sounds more than a little proud of her past bad behavior. "It's more like I'm not supposed to use my powers to smuggle things I shouldn't have in the first place. The prison guards would inspect the dimension regularly to make sure I didn't have any contraband hidden."
Lenok wrote:"I do have one question before you go, can you give me the date and time that you saw and heard the karaoke so I can confirm thats when that was heard and cross it off the suspicious events list?"
Riley shrugs. "I dunno, it was like two or three weeks ago. I was in the bathroom dealing with cramps and decided to take a look in the dimension and see what that creature was doing. They were just singing some old pop song in an empty room. Anyway, I'm going to jet." She runs off humming the chorus of that song.

The Mess Hall
The Omegas sit down with the two counselors for breakfast. Before Lenok can mention his conversation with Riley Iron Maiden suggests a wild theory. Edison immediately points out there isn't much evidence that would support the presence of a gestalt. The conversation could have politely moved on to another topic, but Wi-Fi decides to pick up the fight she seemed intent on provoking with Black Star the night before.
Wi-Fi wrote:"We have Sentinel... Unless Claire melted them too... lets pen that Gesalt idea in as a maybe."
Claire rolls her eyes, "Are you really bringing up the bear again?"
Edison wrote:"Claire did what? Do you mean Cuppo, the guy with the cup based super powers? I don't see a point in penning in a far fetched theory."
"Yeah," Claire nods. "That happened almost a week ago, days before Cuppo and Firsty disappeared."
Wi-Fi wrote:"There was a bear that was killed by the monster supposedly. the dead bear was destroyed but they took pictures of it. If you want I have them and Claire does as well. She took the original photos with her phone. That was direct evidence that might have helped a lot."
Edison wrote:""I know about the bear, you said Clair melted something. It was Cuppo who did that."
"That's correct. Cuppo used the Pimm Family Cup to conjure up napalm." Black Star says. He lets out a sad chuckle. "He was always excited to find new ways to use his powers."
Wi-Fi wrote:""I don't care who the f*ck did it. it was sloppy work and a stupid decision. It is also the destruction of evidence we needed."
The entire mess hall gets quiet and all the campers stare at Wi-Fi. They may not have been listening to the conversation, but they understand the gist of what's going on. Without losing a beat Claire shouts, "Clear out everyone! I'm doing bunk inspections in fifteen and five sloppiest beds are cleaning the mess hall. Kearney, I'm looking for a win. Go! Go! Go!" All the campers clear out in silence and head to their bunks, leaving the counselors and Omegas alone.

"I'm not sure why you think you have the right to judge our actions before you arrived," Black Star says. "The bear happened before anyone had disappeared. We notified CHIMERA immediately, and they gave us clearance to destroy the bear corpse. It wasn't considered evidence at the time because no crime had been committed."
Wi-Fi wrote:"We have been busy playing camp Counsellor motivational speakers."
"Yeah," Claire replies, visibly annoyed. "That's part of the job. We want to keep the kids from freaking out while we figure out what's in the woods."
Wi-Fi wrote:"If any of the kids said anything... worth object reading try and snag it."
Edison wrote:"Some of the kids sneak out of camp when they have free time. Seems to be a right of passage, who can get father away from camp. But even in that they didn't mention seeing anything out of the ordinary."
"I'm not surprised," Black Star says. "Wandering the woods is one of the few things to do. I've told them not to sneak on to Old Man Aden's development, but I wouldn't be surprised if a couple of the older boys went there anyway."
Wi-Fi wrote:"Then we need to find out which campers had arrived or went outside of camp around the time the two counselors disappeared if you haven't already done that. Something took out the two counselors or they went AWOL maybe? That AWOL idea seems unlikely."
Edison wrote:"Easy enough, but I would suspect it's going to amount to just about all of them."
"Ever since the tree got knocked over on the trail we've kept a closer eye on the kids," Claire says. "None of them have been allowed in the woods alone since Cuppo and Firsty disappeared on Saturday morning."
Wi-Fi wrote:"Then be more specific... Surely they keep a records book on such events or would remember who went out on that night."
"We don't have a records log of who is moving off and on camp premises at any given time. With a small group of campers and only four counselors, it would have been useless paperwork. But Friday was a quiet night. I heard Cuppo get up around 11:30. He tapped my shoulder, and I figured he was going to meet up with Firsty. This group isn't that active at night. I haven't had to break up anyone hooking up behind the equipment shed this camp session."
Wi-Fi wrote:"Oh and I am supposed to supervise art time for the campers."
"On second thought," Black Star interjects, "I don't think that's a good idea. You haven't shown any interest in working with the kids, and they can tell. You won't get anything out of them at this point."
Wi-Fi wrote:"I need a look at the art for anything they have not told us. lots of things show in what art we make. I'll need a volunteer."
Edison wrote:"I have some art experience, I guess I can volunteer."
"That works with me. Edison you can be in charge of arts and crafts if you want."
Wi-Fi wrote:"the last thing I need is to be alone with kids considering how the press loves me so much. the press will have field day considering I am psychic and there is no surviving a charge with kids even if you are innocent or not psychic."
"You've mentioned this several times, and I'm still not sure what press you're talking about. You're at a camp for at-risk youths. You're supposed to work with kids. Aside from us, there isn't anyone here to monitor your actions. There's no press. This is as remote as Montana gets," Black Star points out. "It sounds like you just don't want to be here. If that's how you feel maybe you should patrol the perimeter of the camp and just stay out of the way." He is polite but firm, and the meaning is clear. Wi-Fi has once again completely alienated the people she was supposed to help. "I'll leave you all to sort out who wants to help with what activity: we got arts and crafts, basketball, and canoeing."

Having said that, Black Star and Claire leave the mess hall. Edison breaks the tension.
Edison wrote:"On a side note... work towards making it an opportunity."
Wi-Fi wrote:"The people in sector ten don't... have counselors to find."
Edison wrote:"The press is the second worse thing I had to deal with in... the future."
Wi-Fi wrote:"I was a Vigilante... I have a bunch of kids to deal with and somehow not screw it up"
GM Note: Consider the conversation in the mess hall done. There was a lot of dialogue to splice together and I'm not allowing any space for anyone to slide in another comment. From here, Bravo will want to decide which PC's will help with which activity.

WHAT DO YOU DO?
Wi-Fi
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Wi-Fi »

Perception: [roll]1d100[/roll] / 62%
JiC d20 | d100: [roll]1d20[/roll] | [roll]1d100[/roll]

At the meeting:
"Edison you have arts and crafts as per Blackstar's approval, should you wish to. If you need advice one of my university majors was sculpting. I was going to try it, It might have changed my perspective from the experience but Blackstar wants you, he gets you. Blackstar has a point after that outburst I would not get much. Remember that image of the monster I saw in the object read? if not I have it on my computer. you might want to look out for it or similar images as well as what you were going to look for. If any of the kids saw it they might draw or craft it subconsciously." she pauses and thinks.

"Once you decide who does what tell Blackstar or Claire. I was far more harsh than intended and should give Blackstar and Claire a peace offering. After I do whatever is needed for morning duties I need to object read a few spots Cuppo and Firsty frequented. that might give us some insight as to where they went and what happened." she speaks much more openly due to the fact that they no longer have an audience.

Frustration brings out the worst in people. It's not their fault the bear corpse was destroyed. That was on Chimera for not having the foresight to keep it intact. If a bear like that gets killed it should have put a red flag for potential meta or supernatural activity. they could have sent someone to look at it before it rotted. The monster might have been here longer than we think. well, a lost opportunity. but I am not one to hold that against anyone either. I hate my temperament gets the better of me. she thought.

Once the meeting is done:
She locates Claire and /or Blackstar alone when appropriate and does something she rarely does. Apologies were not her thing. Something about being in spots or solving problems more aggressively. Especially after the video leak from a supposedly 'unhackable' system and a certain officer betraying an oath. Something which still bothered her. Her uncle always said she was prone to holding grudges but still keeping her promises regardless of said grudge. what did Uncle Darius call it? her one of her few saving graces? at least she did not end up being a villain so her Uncle Darius did save her from a much worse fate of being one of the Omega's targets.

Once she does find them:
"Could I have a moment with you?" she says, "I am sorry about that outburst. I am just frustrated about other things that happened before this mission. I didn't mean to target you two so 'aggressively' or express mistrust in your abilities. You seem to have a good thing going, truth said. " she honestly said. She did remember something they said earlier...

Post Morning duties!!! NOT BEFORE!!!
Chimera wrote:"We don't have a records log of who is moving off and on camp premises at any given time. With a small group of campers and only four counselors, it would have been useless paperwork. But Friday was a quiet night. I heard Cuppo get up around 11:30. He tapped my shoulder, and I figured he was going to meet up with Firsty. This group isn't that active at night. I haven't had to break up anyone hooking up behind the equipment shed this camp session."
This warrants a look behind the Equipshment shed and other places maybe Cuppo and Firsty went soon as I get a free moment. Might get something. a few bread crumbs to follow would be nice. she thinks. Reading the area there and objects around it would be like reading about a public washroom. the hazards of object reading they never tell you about.
Wi-Fi's character sheet
OOC Comments
TRS-13

OOC Comments
Features:
• 12 attachment points

Omega Field Kit
(2) Dosimeter clip badge
(20) Disposable gloves
(30) Evidence bags
First Aid Kit
Flashlight
Fold-able gas mask
Multitool
(5) Signal flares
(6) Zip ties

Shock Gloves:

OOC Comments
Nest Handgun.gif
Firearms1.png
  • Range:
    • Damage:
      • Shotgun shells:
      • Features:
        Features:
        (pg. 345, Main book)

4. Flashlight
Edison

Post by Edison »

Perception: 1d100: [56] = 56 /50%
Just in Case: 1d20: [12] = 12 ; 1d100: [84] = 84

Situation:
  • Missing Counselors
Potential Victims:
  • Cuppo; AKA Robert Pimm (Power Object, Family Heirloom Cup)
Points of contact:
Objectives: Assist at the camp as requested/needed, Find missing Counselors, Deal with threat.
Orders given:
From Chimera:
From WiFi:
Additional Notes:
Campers List
Schedule
Timeline of Events
Events started two to three weeks before Arrival: Odd Sounds coming from the woods, Large unidentified animal tracks near the cabins.
Sunday April 5th: Something knocked the trees down near camp.
Wednesday April 8th: Bear washed up on shore after being mauled.
Friday Night April 10th/Saturday Morning April 11th: Cuppo and Firsty leave camp to do "things" but do not return.
Saturday April 11th And Sunday April 12th: Camp Guthrie searches for missing Councilors.
Monday April 13th: Omega's Team Bravo Arrives via Airdrop.
Monday April 13th: Something in the woods makes it's presence known.
Tuesday April 14th: Current Day
Strange History of the Area
  • 80's: Previous camp was slaughtered by a machete wielding maniac.
  • 90's: Rich kids were murdered on an island in the middle of the lake.
  • 00's: Old lady unleashed mega-fauna crocodile into the lake.
  • Late 00's: Pair of Serial killers kidnapped some families.
  • 10's -20's?: Crypto-bro gathering dies due to massive food poisoning due to tainted abalone salad.

Edison just sighs when Wi-Fi gives direction, but makes no comments. Edison turns his attention back to his breakfast and does his best to finish it. Once Edison is done eating, he takes his plates to their proper receptacles and moves on to find Black Star. With the camp not being particularly large, Edison takes his time, not rushing to do anything, but once he finds Black Star, he'll approach.

"So where does the arts and crafts happen?" Edison asks, just overtly avoiding any conversation about the outburst at breakfast.

Once Black Star tells, Edison what's what Edison makes his way to the place indicated and finds a place to take a seat. Not exactly how I pictured this week going. Edison thinks as he pulls out his journal, makes a few notes about what Claire said during breakfast, adding a section that could be described as a timeline. Edison scrunches his brow and begins writing once more, this time adding all of the events that he was told about the area. There has got to be a link to something here. Find the facts that fit the scenario, don't try to shoehorn facts in just because I think they fit. Edison remembers a bit of advice from a long dead relative.

Once the kids arrive, Edison closes his journal and puts it back in his flannel pocket. With a smile he gets up. "Hey guys, lets make some art."
Edison
Sicilia

Post by Sicilia »

Perception: 1d100: [73] = 73 / 60% +5% to perceive tactile characteristics
JiC d100: 1d100: [95] = 95 ; JiC d20: 1d20: [4] = 4

Sicilia joins the rest of the group for breakfast as usual, though she does not partake as is also usual. She flicks her tongue once as she enters, gaze flicking across those already present. Rather than setting up next to the rest of her team, she telekinetically moves a chair out of the way to lay her coils down beside a nearby table, greeting the kids there as she sets down her tablet. Sleep well? she asks of them.

She is only just able to get into her tablet and start reviewing her writing from the previous day, skipping past the embarrassingly sparse section that pertained to the speeches given, when her attention is grabbed by her team's talk with the counselors, and between Edison and Wi-Fi.
Edison wrote:"...Have any of you actually read the information that the councilors gave us? Has a list of information about everyone involved here." Edison says.
The serpent bristles at that, before calming herself, knowing the comment likely wasn't directed towards her. Not wanting to interrupt the conversation, she keeps her thoughts to herself. I copied everything into my tablet as soon as I could! I really hope the others are all doing the same.
Edison wrote:Edison shrugs. "Some of the kids sneak out of camp when they have free time. Seems to be a right of passage, who can get father away from camp. But even in that they didn't mention seeing anything out of the ordinary." Edison says, answering the question posed.
Sicilia notes down that she should share her conversation the previous day with her team, proving that point of their conversation, and to a decent degree. Five minutes off the trail normally isn't a lot, but it's enough to be pretty far separated from the rest of their group. Sounds like a group thing they do, at least.

Lost in her thoughts, the snake is startled by Claire's shout calling for beds to be cleaned up. She flinches, instincts telling her strike, and she actually rears up before catching herself. Embarrassment and concern mix in the snake's mind as she watches the campers file out, a point of note in her mind that her bed is probably on the messier end of things, considering how she slept.

Shaking the thought, she focuses on the conversation, noting she must have missed an important part of it. Still, the snake is able to put the gist of things together. Inwardly, she grimaces, eyes flicking to her team lead. Wish I could say I didn't see something like this coming.

Still, the snake relaxes as Wi-Fi seems to realize her mistake. She sits up, looking to her team. Well, if it matters much, the kids are definitely sneaking off every so often. Found out about a huckleberry patch north of the hiking trail from them. Can't enjoy it myself, but sounds like they aren't too spooked yet by what's going on.

Looking to Wi-Fi, she suggests, As for me, I can either scout or hang out with the kids. I know sports and such, might be able to do some activities there? she keeps her mental voice fairly even, knowing better than to weigh in on her superior's actions in public after the last couple of incidents.

Afterwards, she will prepare for her given task as best as she can, be it with the kids or not. Either way, the serpent is a touch nervous for what's to come ahead, double-checking her notes. If heading off the campsite, she makes sure to find a partner to go with, likely Iron Maiden unless Wi-Fi or the counselors need her otherwise. If she's not able to find a partner, she'll remain on-site, exploring the site and chatting with any campers she comes across.
Sicilia
Gear and Current Status
Quick Stats

Omega Suit v3.1.7
S.D.C.:

Modifiers:

Features:
  • Anti-Tamper system

-Natural A.R. 16
-S.D.C.:
-Impervious to cold

-Weight is tripled
-Fatigues at half rate

Wi-Fi
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Wi-Fi »

Presever rolls:
Team meeting:
Edison wrote:Edison shrugs. "Some of the kids sneak out of camp when they have free time. Seems to be a right of passage, who can get father away from camp. But even in that they didn't mention seeing anything out of the ordinary." Edison says, answering the question posed.
Sciclia wrote:Well, if it matters much, the kids are definitely sneaking off every so often. Found out about a huckleberry patch north of the hiking trail from them. Can't enjoy it myself, but sounds like they aren't too spooked yet by what's going on.
"Edison that is true. Then it fades away, or is further out than kids go. That is what we need to learn and unless we look I highly doubt the proof we need will find us. I'd hate to see this camp get attacked or sieged. If we can nip it in the bud before that happens that would be ideal. A lair further north fits the howling I heard last night. That howling further north says the Wolves moved or something else is up there. That hiking trail as well might be a spot so we can give it a pass. any kids hiking might like the fly-over as well." says with a shrug.

"Claire mentioned wolves to the east. A quick look east of Adan's mansion to check on the local wolf population's status and the Northern east direction should help clear up facts. I know what type of damage the beast does to trees and Claires photo's of the bear show what it does to animals. so spotting the signs should be easier. That would help rule out a few things I think. If time and schedule permit. " she adds.
Sicilia wrote:As for me, I can either scout or hang out with the kids. I know sports and such, might be able to do some activities there?
"Considering the potential threat we scout as a team, so pick an activity and learn it if you don't know it. for the purposes of teaching the pair-up rule does not apply. and for things like hiking, you will likely be with Blackstar or Claire so they count as buddies. if no one is with you call it in and get an omega. We can set up scouting once the required duties are done provided we get time." she tells the snake.

"And a general reminder if you have questions, ideas, or concerns speak up. If it is a private or sensitive matter it can be in private as well." she adds, "If there is nothing to add? there are things to be done." provided there are no more matters she concludes..

"Have a safe and productive morning." she then leaves to bury a pair of hatchets as the old saying goes.
Wi-Fi's character sheet
OOC Comments
TRS-13

OOC Comments
Features:
• 12 attachment points

Omega Field Kit
(2) Dosimeter clip badge
(20) Disposable gloves
(30) Evidence bags
First Aid Kit
Flashlight
Fold-able gas mask
Multitool
(5) Signal flares
(6) Zip ties

Shock Gloves:

OOC Comments
Nest Handgun.gif
Firearms1.png
  • Range:
    • Damage:
      • Shotgun shells:
      • Features:
        Features:
        (pg. 345, Main book)

4. Flashlight

Return to “Century Station: Operation Overlord Adventures”