Ledger: Ledger

Character Name: Joanne Cameron
Alias: Nanna Jo
O.C.C.: Survivor
Alignment: Unprincipled
XP Level: 1
XP Points: 250 TG 3-2-2022
Next Level @ XP: 1,876
Disposition: An elderly Australian-born farmer who is a pragmatic hard-working battler. Nanna Jo has faced floods and fires, pestilence and drought. Whatever hardship befalls her; she remains a positive, resourceful and strong person. Just don't make her angry. You wouldn't like it when she's angry.

Insanity: None

ATTRIBUTES
I.Q.: 11
M.E.: 14
M.A.: 14
P.S.: 27
P.P.: 13
P.E.: 22
P.B.: 17
Speed: 23

PHYSICAL DATA
P.P.E.: 2
H.P.: 24
S.D.C.: 38
Sex: Female
Height: 5' 1"
Weight: 150 lbs.
Description: Nanna Jo is a tough-as-nails elderly woman with weather-worn features and a surprisingly strong handshake. Those hands are cracked and calloused by long days of dedication to a job that requires a work ethic second to none. Her long grey-white hair is tied held back with an embroidered pink headscarf.

Natural Abilities
Perception: 15% (+3%)
Charm/Impress: 35%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 30%
Max. Encumbrance: 45 lbs.
Max. Carrying Weight: 540 lbs
Max. Lifting Weight: 1080 lbs
Max. Jumping Ability: 6.75' high, 13' lengthwise

Common Skills
Mathematics: Basic 72% (+3%)
Language: Native Tongue 88% (+1%)
Literacy: Native Language 80% (+2%)
Automobile 60% (+3%)

O.C.C./Occupational Skills (level 3)
Animal Husbandry 55% (+5%)
Barter 45% (+4%)
Brewing 40%/30% (+5%)
First Aid 55% (+5%)
Herding 50% (+5%)
Horsemanship: General 50%/30% (+4%)
Identify Plants & Fruit 50% (+5%)
Physical Labor
Preserve Food 50% (+5%)
Skin & Prepare Animal Hides 45% (+5%)
Truck 68% (+4%)
Veterinary Science 56% (+4%)
W.P. Shotgun

Elective Skills
Dowsing 35% (+5%)
Gardening 46% (+4%)
Leather Working 55% (+5%)
Motorcycles & Snowmobiles 60% (+4%)
Salvage 45% (+5%)
Swim 50% (+5%)
Wilderness Survival 45% (+5%)

Fast Learner and Jill of Many Trades Elective Skills
Automotive Mechanics 60% (+3%)
Basic Mechanics 40% (+5%)
Boxing
Outdoorsmanship
W.P. Rifles

Secondary Skills
Athletics (General)
Prowl 25% (+5%)
Running
Hand to Hand: Basic
W.P. Blunt

Combat Data
HTH Type: Basic
Number of Attacks: 5
Initiative Bonus:
Strike Bonus:
Parry Bonus: +3
Dodge Bonus: +3
HTH Damage Bonus: +12
Bonus to Roll w/Punch: +2
Bonus to Pull a Punch: +2
Bonus to Disarm:
Other:

Weapon Proficiencies
Aimed Shots: +3 to Strike Bonus (costs 2 actions)
Burst Shots: +1 to Strike Bonus
Called/Aimed Shots: +3 to Strike Bonus, 12+ Strike Roll Required (costs 3 actions)
Melee Called Shots: No bonus to Strike, No extra action cost

W.P. Blunt: +1 to strike and parry
W.P. Rifles: +1 to strike
W.P. Shotgun: +2 to strike

Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies):
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+):
Psionics (varies):
Horror Factor (varies): +1
Last edited by Nanna Jo on Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:20 pm, edited 32 times in total.
Nanna Jo
"There is more honor in a field well plowed than in a field steeped in blood."

H.P.: 24/24
S.D.C.: 38/38
Armor Worn Leather Riding Suit (Padded)
  • A.R.: 12
  • S.D.C.: 35/35
Nanna Jo

Re: WIP - Nanna Jo- Survivor (Farmer: Agriculture & Livestock) - Living

Post by Nanna Jo »

Equipment

BMW F 650 GS Enduro/Dual Sport Motorcycle -rental

Carried/In Hand
Chrome-handled 'karri' hardwood walking stick

Worn on Person
Leather Riding Suit
Leather Biker Jacket with ‘Grim Riders’ design on back
Motorcycle Helmet
Wristwatch

Bottle opener key ring

Utility Belt
Attachment points can be utilized to carry 1 each of the following item types: sidearm, magazine, water bottle, minor items, or individual tools.
• Attachment: Digital camera
• Attachment: Mobile phone
• Attachment: Multi-tool knife
• Attachment:

Backpack
Internal capacity is 30" long, 18" wide, and 6" deep. Items larger than a paperback novel will require more than one space.
• Space: AMA Ride Guide to America Volume 1
• Space: AMA Ride Guide to America Volume 2
• Space: Waterproof Power Bank - 36800mAh
• Space: Travel diary and pen
• Space: Deck of playing cards
• Space: Butane torch with rechargeable led flashlight
• Space: Small portable water filter
• Space: Fire starter kit
• Space: 4: Rolls of Toilet Paper
• Space:

Stored in Vehicle
Wine bottle
Bottle opener

Two rolls of toilet paper in resealable waterproof bag
Travel bathroom kit

Heavy canvas tote bag (empty)
Mini drone quadcopter with camera
KT Solar Portable Charger -folded in carry bag
Waterproof Power Bank - 36800mAh (spare)
6 x spare drone quadcopter rotors
OOC Comments
Nanna Jo is still learning how to fly it, so her boys packed spare rotors for when she breaks them with poor landings
Camping mess kit
Camping Cookware Mess Kit with Mini Stove and Lightweight Pot Pan Kettle
64 oz (approx. 2L) Insulated Stainless Steel Thermos - full of coffee
128 oz (approx. 3.5L) Insulated Stainless Steel Canteen - full of water
Nut and seed bars (24)
Cheddar Cheese in paper bag (1 pound)
Brown rice (2 pounds)
Spices in plastic baggies (includes family favourites from back home Wattle Seed, Lemon Myrtle and Mountain Pepper)

Heavy-Duty Flashlight
Motorbike toolkit - includes combination wrenches, an adjustable wrench, mini ratchet and socket set, locking pliers, tire gauge, hex and Torx keys, screwdriver
3 x butane fuel canisters
Off Road First Aid Kit
Reusable mylar thermal blanket poncho

Gear Stats

BMW F 650 GS
Manufacturer: BMW Motorcycle Division.
Class: Enduro/Dual Sport Motorcycle.
Crew: One plus one passenger.
S.D.C. by Location:
Tires (2) – 20 each
Main Body – 200
Maximum Speed: 100 mph (160 km).
Miles per Gallon: 50 mpg (80 km).
Fuel Tank: 4 gallons (15 liters).
Bonuses & Penalties: +5% to off road maneuvering, -5% to high
speed maneuvering, and -5% with passenger.
Cargo: 150 lbs (67.5 kg) without penalty.

Chrome-handled 'karri' hardwood walking stick
Twice as thick as a regular walking stick, this walking stick is custom made of Australian Karri Hardwood. This "heavy hitter" handy suits Nanna Jo just fine. She doesn't really need it to walk, but an old lady can never be too careful with rough sorts walking the streets.
Damage: 2d4

Mini drone quadcopter with camera
Foldable mini drone with 800m range and 45 minute flight time.
Comes with two batteries and carrying case.
Size: small
Max Altitude: 1,200 ft
Method of Movement and Speed:
Helicopter-Style Flyer: Spinning blades atop a rotor. Blades on a small drone (10 S.D.C.).
Speed: 20 mph (32 km; maximum)
Power Source: Rechargable electric battery that uses a wall outlet or USB port:
The drone can run for 45 continuous minutes before needing a recharge.
Full recharge takes 1D4 hours plugged into either a 3-prong or USB outlet. Includes battery (12 S.D.C.) and cable (5 S.D.C.). Engine runs quiet.
Controls: Radio Controlled:
The drone is a wireless, remote operated device piloted from a console or handheld controller.
Range: 800m; half in foul, stormy weather.
Sensors/Optics:
Video Camera with Audio System: The drone and its operator “sees” and hears via a video-camera system with at least basic zoom features equal to a cellphone. Video streams to the operator live and can be recorded whenever he wants or automatically recorded and saved (4 hours of memory in the drone itself).
Onboard Computer: The drone has an onboard computer and programs that can help it travel on course,
A computerized drone offers a +10% piloting bonus because it self-corrects its speed, trajectory and movement, and is +1 to dodge. Return to launch point and follow/track.
Armor: None
Weapons: None
Cargo and Carrying Capability: None

AMA Ride Guide to America Volume 1 and 2
"From the corkscrew roads of California to the scenic mountain notches of New England, the AMA Ride Guide to America from the American Motorcyclist Association reveals more enticing backroads for motorcyclists everywhere to dream about. With topographic road maps and point-to-point route outlines for more than 40 trips nationwide, riders can explore rocky shorelines, breathtaking canyonlands, majestic mountain peaks, and everything in between.

Each trip description is detailed with attractions along the way and recommendations for interesting places to stay and eat."

Jackery Explorer 160
A 167 watt-hour (46,400mah/3.6V) lithium-ion battery pack.
Features 1 AC outlet (110V 100W/150W Peak), 1 USB-C port, 2 USB-A ports, and 1 standard DC 12V port
With 60W Solar Panel
Changing power pack in 4.5hrs to 6.5hrs

Off Road First Aid Kit
Manufactured by First Aid Kits Australia for use in traveling across the Outback. This pack includes a snake bite kit, painkillers, disinfectant, first aid booklet and various tapes and wound dressings.

Last edited by Nanna Jo on Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:59 pm, edited 22 times in total.
Nanna Jo

Nanna Jo

Re: WIP - Nanna Jo- Survivor (Farmer: Agriculture & Livestock) - Living

Post by Nanna Jo »

Background Story

Where were you born & what follows from that?
Well love, it's a long story. I was born on a 4,500 acre cattle and sheep farm in Cooma, Australia. That's high up on the Monaro plateau that runs off the flank of Mount Kosciuszko. It was totally lacking in all of the amenities one takes for granted in 'civilisation'. As a little girl there was no electricity; no running water; no sanitation. By the time I was 5 I was riding a dirt bike around the property. At 6, I could drive the tractors and the truck. By 7 I was working a full day in the paddocks and driving the biggest tractor Dad had.

You see dear, we didn't have Nintendo games or televisions. Our fun time was outdoors with the animals, fresh air and wonderful views. Most afternoons, once I helped Mum wash the dishes and finished my homework, I was outside on the bike. I loved riding along the dirt tracks up the hills. Life was pretty good, and by the time I grew up we had some modern conveniences in the home too. When I grew up, I married and had three boys of my own.

In the 80's we were going through what is politely known as a 'sticky patch'. By 1982 the entire farm was like a dust bowl. There were grasshopper plagues. We sank deeper into debt buying food for our sheep. Before the end my husband Mal broke and shot himself out in a paddock, leaving me to raise the boys. Lucky I still had Mum and Dad. We were battlers and weren't about to call it quits. The drought broke before it broke us, and though after that there were bushfires and floods, we made it through in the end.

The boys grew up and learned the business and then some. You know they play about using drones to herd sheep? They even have me playing with the things! I’m rubbish at it, but I have a crack whenever I get a chance. The boys also set up solar panels all over the shop, it's a changing world you know. All up over the years we made some tough choices and it all came good dearie.

Who are/were your parents & what follows from that?
My Mum and Dad were fourth generation farmers who worked hard and taught me everything I needed to know. My Dad was good with a harmonica and I can still hear it sometimes when I'm off to sleep. He didn't know many tunes and I never did hear him play with anyone else. Mum worked as hard as he did out in the paddocks, plus she made the best cookies in the world. Mum also told me that her grandfather was hung for bushrangering, and half our cows back then were stolen from other properties. I suppose it means I’ve got outlaw blood.

Now I tell you; the worst thing for a farmer is the city pollies. Last twenty years or so they've been setting rules on what trees we can cut down, or how much water we can take from the river, absolutely everything. My Dad was very old and going a bit senile when he finally snapped. We were in a legal dispute with the Department of Ag, that's Agriculture love, with their vegetation laws. Some blokes from the Department came to the farm in a van and Dad shot one of them dead. He's in gaol now and got done for 37 years. At his age that’s a life sentence.

Are your parents still alive & what follows from that?
Mum died from a heart attack within a year of Dad's sentence being handed down. Dad is still in gaol, though we talk to him as often as we can. Actually Dad's made new friends in gaol, and the boys are growing special new crops just for them. The Department of Ag wouldn't like it of course, so we don't tell them a thing. We grow it all in a secret place just for them, harvest and some lovely big lads come in a truck to collect every growing season.

Those collection boys get on great with my boys. You know they're good with motorbikes and tell me they are part of a motorcycle gang called the Grim Riders? Well at first they didn't believe me that I was riding since I was 5 and still do at my age. So naturally I got my bike from the shed and really tore up the back paddock to show them how wrong they were. Then I smashed one of those lads in a little arm-wrestle contest. Well those Grim Rider boys were pretty wrapped about that, and now they come visit for cookies and tea every month.

The Grim Riders pay more for their funny smelling plants than we ever got growing vegetables. Enough to pay for a court appeal to Dad's gaol sentence, and I love those Grim Rider boys for that. They even got me my own Grim Rider jacket and invited me to Sydney to visit. Which I did.

So all in all it's just me and the boys now, and our Grim Rider bikie visitors. But soon I hope Dad will come back home.

What were you doing when the Wave hit & what follows from that?
Well I mentioned we have a lot of sheep didn't I love? Well we have a lot of traditional Meniro sheep whose wool is highly sought after by a luxury menswear manufacturer in New Orleans. Those Grim Rider boys put us in touch with them and helped set everything up.

So when the Wave hit I was in New Orleans on my first trip overseas. I signed a contract for our wool with the menswear company officials and then embarked on a self-guided motorcycle tour with a bike I rented from the Eaglerider rental company.

Why did you leave home & what follows from that?
I never left home possum, haven't you been paying attention? You must be one of those gamer boys. Brains all turned wonky.

What did you leave behind & what follows from that?
My boys are on the farm in Cooma, and I'm not at all sure how I could get back to them over the ocean. They'll be right though, we Camerons have always adapted to whatever the world chucks at us. If things are bad over there I would think the boys and the Grim Riders would get all their friends out of gaol and home where they're needed.

What do you want & what follows from that?
Well dearie I'd certainly want to get back home, but we rarely get what we want. I'd like to find some nice safe land and grow food with some sensible people.

Outlook on Earth's Future?
Life is full of storms love. You adapt or you die, that's all there is to it. She’ll be right in the end, you’ll see.

XP Table
Survivor/Ordinary People
Level 1: 0,000 - 1,875
Level 2: 1,876 - 3,750
Level 3: 3,751 - 7,250
Level 4: 7,251 - 14,100
Level 5: 14,101 - 21,200
Level 6: 21,201 - 31,200
Level 7: 31,201 - 41,200
Level 8: 41,201 - 51,200
Level 9: 51,201 - 71,200
Level 10: 71,201 - 101,500
Level 11: 101,501 - 136,500
Level 12: 136,501 - 186,500
Level 13: 186,501 - 236,500
Level 14: 236,501 - 286,500
Level 15: 286,501 - 326,500
Last edited by Nanna Jo on Sun Jan 30, 2022 12:35 am, edited 9 times in total.
Nanna Jo

Nanna Jo

Templates

Post by Nanna Jo »

Code: Select all

Perception: 15% / [roll]1d100[/roll]
JIC:  [roll]1d20[/roll] / [roll]1d100[/roll]
Conditions: +1 v HF, +4 v Toxins; 

Initiative: [roll]1d20[/roll]
Action 1: Walking stick strike: [roll]1d20+1[/roll], Damage: [roll]2d4+12[/roll]
Action 2: Walking stick strike: [roll]1d20+1[/roll], Damage: [roll]2d4+12[/roll]
Action 3: Walking stick strike: [roll]1d20+1[/roll], Damage: [roll]2d4+12[/roll]
Action 4: Walking stick strike: [roll]1d20+1[/roll], Damage: [roll]2d4+12[/roll]
Action 5: Reserved for Dodge [roll]1d20+3[/roll]
Parry rolls: [roll]1d20+4[/roll], [roll]1d20+4[/roll], [roll]1d20+4[/roll], [roll]1d20+4[/roll], [roll]1d20+4[/roll]
Nanna Jo

Return to “In the Face of Death”