Episode 1: What just happened?

Adventured threads & archive sub forum

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

User avatar
Remy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2022 6:23 am

Re: Episode 1: What just happened?

Post by Remy »

Perception: d%: [87] = 87 | 53%
JIC: 1d20: [11] = 11 | d%: [44] = 44
Conditions: +1 vs HF, +1 vs psi/insanity

"Hey Dylan," Remy calls down urgently, trying to catch the prepper before he heads back up to their level 9, "Boot stomp zombie Thomas' brain while you're down there, will-ya? Save you a bullet later." Actually, probably more than one bullet if zombie Thomas zombifies more people.

"Also, blood splatter pattern says that hospital gown guy came from lower levels and was chasing Thomas up the stairs. Reckon we can expect zombie density to go up as we head down."
Nanna Jo wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 10:31 pm
Dylan Sowell wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 10:15 pmDylan looks back to the others with urgency in his eyes. "We move NOW. Quietly and swiftly. First to Lynn's vehicle, then mine." He looks to Nanna & Mike. "After we get Lynn to her vehicle, cover her as we make our way to my truck. Mike, join Lynn and whoever joins her in her vehicle." Dylan holds his pistol at a low ready and moves out in a crouch to minimize his silhouette against any light that might be present. He waits for Lynn to show the way, then takes point, relying on her direction if required.
"Righto, let's boogie." she says, guessing more than hearing what Dylan was actually saying. I think I heard what he just said, but I should add this... "We should move quietly and get to Lynn's car first, then yours I reckon. Grab my bike and chuck it in the back of your truck. Mike should ride with Lynn since he's armed. I'll ride with you. Kevin with Lynn and the squishy fella somewhere in the middle where he likes it."
Not wanting to get overly bogged down in conversation, Remy nods and flashes both Dylan and Jo a thumbs up. Then, he leans in toward Lynn, whispering with a smirk, "Age old question... Do you remember where you parked?!"

Remy stays in formation and moves with the group (hopefully uneventfully) toward Lynn's SUV. While moving, he tries to pay attention to their surroundings, trying to gauge (especially the down-ramp) how many cars there are, whether they are moving, and begin to strategize if the stranded vehicles can be maneuvered around, or if they will need to be moved.

((Perception: d%: [42] = 42 | 53%))

Upside will be that zombies can't drive... or at least can't drive well. So keys should be in the ignition if we need to move any of them.

Combat (if necessary):
Initiative: 1d20: [12] = 12
APM: 4
Action 1: Dodge if necessary. 1d20+3: [13]+3 = 16
Action 2: Dodge if necessary. 1d20+3: [12]+3 = 15
Action 3: Dodge if necessary. 1d20+3: [9]+3 = 12
Action 4: Dodge if necessary. 1d20+3: [19]+3 = 22

Parries (if necessary): 1d20+3: [7]+3 = 10 , 1d20+3: [2]+3 = 5 , 1d20+3: [18]+3 = 21 , 1d20+3: [10]+3 = 13
User avatar
Dylan Sowell
Posts: 26
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:09 pm

Re: Episode 1: What just happened?

Post by Dylan Sowell »

(rolls carried over)
Remy wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 10:40 am"Hey Dylan," Remy calls down urgently, trying to catch the prepper before he heads back up to their level 9, "Boot stomp zombie Thomas' brain while you're down there, will-ya? Save you a bullet later." Actually, probably more than one bullet if zombie Thomas zombifies more people. "Also, blood splatter pattern says that hospital gown guy came from lower levels and was chasing Thomas up the stairs. Reckon we can expect zombie density to go up as we head down."
Dylan just looks at the dude, a bit aghast and taken aback. This is not some fuckin' movie, dude. He sends a glance Nanna Jo's way that's kind of an ambiguous mix of disgust, disbelief, and frustration before hear the part about density and considering that a moment. Might be. We're gonna find out one way or another. He flashes Remy a "stay quiet, stealth is important" gesture with his free hand before returning it to an active shooting posture wrapped around the hand holding the grip of his Glock.
My Linktree Page
Dylan Sowell
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Nanna Jo
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:16 pm

Re: Episode 1: What just happened?

Post by Nanna Jo »

((Rolls carried))
Dylan Sowell wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 6:57 pm Dylan just looks at the dude, a bit aghast and taken aback. This is not some fuckin' movie, dude. He sends a glance Nanna Jo's way that's kind of an ambiguous mix of disgust, disbelief, and frustration before hear the part about density and considering that a moment.
Nanna Jo raises an eyebrow during the exchange, but otherwise keeps focused on whatever lies ahead, down the stairwell. Just no point listening to that. She does however hold her walking stick in two hands close to her body, ready for trouble.

When Dylan glances at her, she smirks and wiggles her thumbs on the walking stick as if it were a game controller. Her body blocks the view for all behind her, leaving only Dylan with a clear view of the jest.

If this is a game can we get the gamers up front to show us oldies how it's done?
Nanna Jo
"There is more honor in a field well plowed than in a field steeped in blood."

H.P.: 24/24
S.D.C.: 38/38
Armor Worn Leather Riding Suit (Padded)
  • A.R.: 12
  • S.D.C.: 35/35
User avatar
Josh Murphy
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2022 3:13 pm

Re: Episode 1: What just happened?

Post by Josh Murphy »

Perception: 15% / 1d100: [47] = 47
JIC: 1d20: [10] = 10 1d100: [59] = 59

Initiative: 1d20: [10] = 10
Action 1: Dodge 1d20+1: [10]+1 = 11
Action 2: Strike with bat 1d20+1: [7]+1 = 8
Action 3: Strike with bat 1d20+1: [7]+1 = 8
Action 4: Strike with bat 1d20+1: [15]+1 = 16

Parries: 1d20+1: [2]+1 = 3 , 1d20+1: [20]+1 = 21 , 1d20+1: [16]+1 = 17 , 1d20+1: [5]+1 = 6

A BLAM echos out from the stairwell behind Josh. This gets the attention of the man in the suit, who's head lolls toward the noise. That's when he spots Josh and his mouth opens and begins to emit a moan even louder than the car horn.
WHAT DO YOU DO!
Josh's heart sinks as he observes the gory mess on display in front of him. His head begins to swim and he feels his knees beginning to go weak. The telltale sound of a gunshot rocks him back to reality and he turns his head momentarily from the man in the suit to look towards the sound. When the wounded man lets out his deafening moan, Josh crouches, shutting his eyes at the pain of the piercing sound and instinctively bringing his hands to his ears and nearly dropping his bat in the process.

Josh stands up shakily, only just noticing the man in the suit starting to lurch towards him. Josh starts to walk backwards towards the stairwell, his bat out in front of him.

"L-look, buddy. I don't know what's going on here, but I've had a hell of a FUCKING day so far."

He swings the bat in an arcing motion in front of him.

"So unless you want me to jam this bat up your ass, back. The FUCK. OFF!"
Post Reply

Return to “Civilization Gone”