Episode 1: What just happened?

Adventured threads & archive sub forum

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

User avatar
The Governor
Dimension Master
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:45 pm

Re: Episode 1: What just happened?

Post by The Governor »

Location: New Orleans, Louisiana - Outside The Saenger Theater and Hotel, N Rampart St.
Date: April 1st
Time: 2:50 pm
Weather: partly cloudy, 90º
Notes
Remy's Van parked on street, near the corner of N Rampart St. and Bienville St.
Josh, car abandoned on the street 2 blocks away, near the corner of Canal & Liberty

The crash has everyone dazed for a moment. The Remy says to Lynn as he hops out of her SUV, leaving Dylan's pistol on the seat:
Remy wrote:"I'll be right back with my van. Reckon Kevin needs some medical attention. Careful he doesn't bite you.
Running past Dylan's truck, Remy shouts:
Remy wrote:"Lynn's okay, Kevin is not. Pinned by collapsed door, bleeding and unconscious! Grabbing my van over yonder and coming back."
Dylan gives a quick order for Nana Jo to stay with the truck as he goes back to check on the people in Lynn's SUV. Nana Jo asks Dylan a few questions, but they are lost in the wind as Dylan runs over to the other vehicle. She then steps out of the truck and takes up a watch over Dylan and those in the SUV. She can see that the SUV is beat up badly along its passenger side front and is pretty sure that the SUV isn't going anywhere without some major repairs.

Back at the SUV, Lynn checks on everyone. Remy seems fine as he runs over to his van. Josh is a bit dazed but looks otherwise okay. Tarka is confused as to what just happened but follows her instructions none the less.

Lynn hops out and runs to the back of the SUV. Whatever damage the vehicle has taken hasn't affected the tailgates and the door swings up easily. She grabs the medium sized duffle bag that holds her travel veterinary supplies and goes back up to the front of the SUV, shoving the bag into the driver side door in front of her before climbing in. Pulling some gauze out, she pushes it onto Kevin's leg where the blood is flowing but the laceration must be hidden under the crushed metal as the gauze soon turns red.

Kevin's color is not looking good as Dylan reaches Lynn's SUV. It's obvious to him that Lynn's SUV isn't going anywhere. Whether from the impact of the other car or getting shoved off the road, the front passenger side tire has tucked itself up underneath the SUV at a 90 degree angle to what is should be at and fluid of some sort is dripping out onto the ground. Dylan is also aware after seeing how Kevin is pinned, that they are not likely to be able to free him on their own.

Turning to the offending car, Dylan sees that it is upside down, resting on its hood and somewhat collapsed roof. Between the distance and tinted window, Dylan can't make out anything other than its upside down.

Meanwhile, Remy finally reaches his van and after a long moment fiddling with his keys he climbs into the driver's seat and locks the doors.


What are you doing?

Butcher's Bill
Lynn: -4 sdc
Remy: -1 sdc
Tarka: -3 sdc
User avatar
Dylan Sowell
Posts: 43
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:09 pm

Re: Episode 1: What just happened?

Post by Dylan Sowell »

Perception: 43% / 1d100: [65] = 65
JIC: 1d20: [10] = 10 / 1d100: [93] = 93
Conditions: +3 v HF, +1 v Toxins;

Dylan winces when he understands the extent of the damage. The only easy day was yesterday. He makes sure he has Lynn's attention before saying as empathetically as he can muster, "Lynn, your SUV is toast, and I don't think we can get Kevin out. We've got to go. Remember the airplane safety directions about those stupid masks? 'First safeguard yourself, that way you might be able to help others later.' Well, this looks to be one of those times. I'm not gonna be much of a help to others, not like you can be with your knowledge of medicine. If today's not an isolated, regional clusterfuck, we're all gonna need people like you with your skills to keep the rest of us healthy enough to protect decent people. Cuz Lynn...there's a LOT of not decent people who thrive and take advantage in chaos like this, and it's worst where the number of people is concentrated. So let's go. Do what you think you can for Kevin, but don't waste..." Dylan shrugs, realizing the world of scarcity is about to bite the asses of everyone who thought the world of abundance could never end. "Don't waste anything. There's room in my truck bed for you and Tarka." Dylan will maintain a protective posture and keep alert for potential dangers.
Dylan Sowell wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:48 am
Initiative: 1d20: [16] = 16
Contingency: Weapons fire is reserved for protecting self and group members.
Action 1: Fire M-16A2 at threat. Strike: 1d20+1: [13]+1 = 14 , Damage: 5d6: [6, 3, 5, 5, 3] = 22 or Roundhouse Kick to keep close-in threats away. Strike: 1d20+2: [13]+2 = 15 , Damage: 3d6+5: [4, 2, 6]+5 = 17
Action 2: Fire M-16A2 at threat. Strike: 1d20+1: [3]+1 = 4 , Damage: 5d6: [3, 6, 6, 3, 5] = 23
Action 3: Fire M-16A2 at threat. Strike: 1d20+1: [11]+1 = 12 , Damage: 5d6: [5, 1, 2, 1, 3] = 12
Action 4: Fire M-16A2 at threat. Strike: 1d20+1: [16]+1 = 17 , Damage: 5d6: [1, 6, 5, 3, 6] = 21
Action 5: Fire M-16A2 at threat. Strike: 1d20+1: [11]+1 = 12 , Damage: 5d6: [6, 3, 2, 6, 5] = 22
Action 6: Fire M-16A2 at threat. Strike: 1d20+1: [1]+1 = 2 , Damage: 5d6: [1, 5, 1, 3, 4] = 14

Parries (+4 included): 1d20+4: [1]+4 = 5 , 1d20+4: [16]+4 = 20 , 1d20+4: [13]+4 = 17 , 1d20+4: [17]+4 = 21 , 1d20+4: [11]+4 = 15 , 1d20+4: [16]+4 = 20
Dodges (+5 included): 1d20+5: [4]+5 = 9 , 1d20+5: [11]+5 = 16 , 1d20+5: [10]+5 = 15 , 1d20+5: [11]+5 = 16 , 1d20+5: [15]+5 = 20 , 1d20+5: [6]+5 = 11
My Linktree Page
Dylan Sowell
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Nanna Jo
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:16 pm

Re: Episode 1: What just happened?

Post by Nanna Jo »

Perception: 15% / 1d100: [83] = 83
JIC: 1d20: [14] = 14 / 1d100: [19] = 19
Conditions: +1 v HF, +4 v Toxins;

The Governor wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:22 pm Lynn hops out and runs to the back of the SUV. Whatever damage the vehicle has taken hasn't affected the tailgates and the door swings up easily. She grabs the medium sized duffle bag that holds her travel veterinary supplies and goes back up to the front of the SUV, shoving the bag into the driver side door in front of her before climbing in.
The Governor wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:22 pm Meanwhile, Remy finally reaches his van and after a long moment fiddling with his keys he climbs into the driver's seat and locks the doors.
Nanna Jo looks about for trouble, thinking she must look ridiculous at her age; black riding leathers and an assault rifle in hand. At least no one would recognise me with this helmet on. She notices Lynn exit the car to retrieve a bag from the back of her SUV. A cold dread creeps over her heart. Who's hurt then?

In a moment she observes Remy run for his van, and she realises it must be Kevin. As conversation between Lynn and Dylan seems to go on a bit, she decides. Enough is enough, get cracking will yas.

She looks at Josh in the passenger seat, as she reenters the truck and starts the engine. "Let's get closer and see how to help out. Keep a lookout will ya?"

She rapidly closes the distance and parks next to Lynn's battered SUV. Leaving the engine running she hops out and takes in the situation.

"Oh my God, they killed Kevin." No one sees the angry glare she gives the overturned car that causes this mess. "Those bastards."
kenny.gif
kenny.gif (366.15 KiB) Viewed 227 times
She steps closer for a better look, and watches Lynn working on Kevin.
The Governor wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:22 pm Kevin's color is not looking good ... the front passenger side tire has tucked itself up underneath the SUV at a 90 degree angle to what is should be at and fluid of some sort is dripping out onto the ground.
"He's alive?" she looks hopefully at Lynn. "Well let's get him out of there."

She looks quickly from the shattered passenger door to Kevin's pinned legs, looking for a way to free him. With a determined edge to her voice she talks while looking closely at the metal trapping Kevin."Dylan, you got a crowbar? Tools? A tow cable? We might be able to unbolt his seat and shift it to the back enough to haul him out. Or tie a cable to this door and rip it off with your truck. If nothing else I got a tool kit in my bike, left saddle bag."

Automotive Mechanics 63%: 1d100: [54] = 54 <-- looking for the easiest way to free Kevin from the car; moving seat, unbolting seat, brute force etc

Nanna tests the passenger door to see if her hardened farmer hands can
P.S.: 27, Max. Lifting Weight: 1080 lbs
. She almost growls at the creaking metal door and she desperately puts all her strength to the task. "Open. You. Bugger."

Successful or not, next she reaches in down besides Kevin's legs to see if she can release the seat to slide it backwards to free Kevin's legs. Finally, if needed, she looks under Kevin's seat from the rear passenger section to see what sort of bolts are securing it in place.

If the door can't be budged, she will try again with any help she can get. "Josh! Help me pull this open will ya!"
Nanna Jo
"The cricket bat is mightier than the pen and the sword combined."

H.P.: 24/24
S.D.C.: 38/38
Armor Worn Leather Riding Suit (Padded)
  • A.R.: 12
  • S.D.C.: 35/35
User avatar
Josh Murphy
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2022 3:13 pm

Re: Episode 1: What just happened?

Post by Josh Murphy »

Perception: 15% / 1d100: [99] = 99
JIC: 1d20: [8] = 8 1d100: [59] = 59

Josh steps out of the car, still a bit dazed from the ordeal. He doesn’t even bother to take his bat with him as he follows after Nana Jo without saying a word. He can scarcely take his eyes off the flipped over car and is only brought back to reality by Nanna Jo yelling at him to help her with the door. Josh’s stomach turns at the sight of the trapped man and he feezes for a moment before getting a grip on the door.

“Uh… Y-yeah. You got it!”

Josh bends his knees a bit and drums his fingers a few times on the door.

“Alright. On the count of three. One. Two. Three!”

As soon as the three leaves his lips, Josh pulls on the door with all his might.
User avatar
Dylan Sowell
Posts: 43
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:09 pm

Re: Episode 1: What just happened?

Post by Dylan Sowell »

(rolls held over)

Noticing that Nanna Jo seems to have snapped Josh out of whatever funk he was is, Dylan shoots them each a big, heavily armed thumbs-up in approval & encouragement. She'd probably tell me where to stick my thumb if this wasn't a TSHTF scenario. Glad he's snapped out of his shit though. The more eyes and hands actively engaged the better.
My Linktree Page
Dylan Sowell
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
The Governor
Dimension Master
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:45 pm

Re: Episode 1: What just happened?

Post by The Governor »

Location: New Orleans, Louisiana - Outside The Saenger Theater and Hotel, N Rampart St.
Date: April 1st
Time: 2:55 pm
Weather: partly cloudy, 90º
Notes
Remy's Van parked on street, near the corner of N Rampart St. and Bienville St.
Josh, car abandoned on the street 2 blocks away, near the corner of Canal & Liberty

Lynn works with Kevin as Dylan talks, but Kevin's color looks bad. No amount of moving the seat is going to help as Kevin is barely sitting on it as is. His legs are twisted and pinned to the dash by the caved in door like a pair of vice grips.
Dylan wrote:"There's room in my truck bed for you and Tarka."
Lynn's eyes flick over to Dylan in a glare, "You've got a lid on that truck bed with a motorcycle on it. We're not riding locked in there with all your guns and whatever."

Meanwhile Nana Jo slides into the driver's seat of Dylan's truck, twisting the ignition key grinding sound rings out and she's reminded just what it sounds like to try and start a car that's already running. She backs the truck up, along side Lynn's SUV and gets out. Cutting a quick look over to the over turned car that hit Lynn's SUV she sees two people pulls themselves out of the vehicle and scurry/hobble down a side alley.

Its about this time that Josh comes back to himself and nods to Nana Jo as he slides from the middle of the bench seat out the open driver's door. He and Nana Jo then get a grip on the passenger door of the SUV and give it a pull but all this does is cause Kevin to start screaming. The door jiggles a little bit but its obvious that this would need the jaws of life to get Kevin free.

Its about then that Dylan hears a thud and sees someone slam into the passenger side of his truck and starts groping for the handle to open the passenger door. The person is wide eyed and disheveled, suit torn at the sleave but otherwise looks okay. (i.e. He's doesn't have blood on him.)


WHAT DO YOU DO?
User avatar
Nanna Jo
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:16 pm

Re: Episode 1: What just happened?

Post by Nanna Jo »

Perception: 15% / 1d100: [35] = 35
JIC: 1d20: [2] = 2 / 1d100: [76] = 76
Conditions: +1 v HF, +4 v Toxins;
The Governor wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:30 pm Its about this time that Josh comes back to himself and nods to Nana Jo as he slides from the middle of the bench seat out the open driver's door. He and Nana Jo then get a grip on the passenger door of the SUV and give it a pull but all this does is cause Kevin to start screaming. The door jiggles a little bit but its obvious that this would need the jaws of life to get Kevin free.
"How fast was that idiot going?!" Nanna Jo yells, her voice shrill. She stops pulling at the wrecked passenger door, shaking her head. Both legs pinned with that hit? What are these cars made of?!

Her heart wrenches with pity. The terror they'd experienced together pulled at her, even though she'd just met Kevin. She sighs and for a moment her face miserably sinks into her hands.

Suddenly resolve hardens in her. "Right." She looks around desperately for a way to free Kevin. Talking to herself she mutters, somewhere between anger at the situation and a desperate hope. "Some kind of tools? A tow cable to haul this whole wreck somewhere safe? Dylan you gotta have a tow cable right?"

Truck 72%: 1d100: [64] = 64 <-- a pickup truck has a tow cable surely?
First Aid 60%: 1d100: [57] = 57 <-- assess Kevin's situation, does Nanna have any idea how to get Kevin out or manage a double amputation?

If no glimmer of hope is apparent, and no one pipes up with an idea, Nanna Jo looks firmly at Lynn. "Is there anything you can do?" I'm not going to say cut his legs off in front of him, but you know what I mean. Cause if you can't manage that he's up the creek.

She looks towards where Remy ran off to, "Where the bloody hell is that Remy?"

Contingency: If Remy has abandoned the party. "That flippin weasel has done a runner!" What now? I have to put Kevin down like a lame horse in the paddock? Is that it? Nanna Jo whispers to Lynn and Dylan urgently, "Lynn takes my seat in the truck, I'll get my bike out and follow yous later... I'll stay with Kevin for a bit." She nods at Josh, "Squeeze in with Josh for now, he can't be with me and Kevin right now, but he can double with me later."
Nanna Jo
"The cricket bat is mightier than the pen and the sword combined."

H.P.: 24/24
S.D.C.: 38/38
Armor Worn Leather Riding Suit (Padded)
  • A.R.: 12
  • S.D.C.: 35/35
User avatar
Dylan Sowell
Posts: 43
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:09 pm

Re: Episode 1: What just happened?

Post by Dylan Sowell »

Perception: 43% / 1d100: [76] = 76
JIC: 1d20: [20] = 20 / 1d100: [29] = 29
Conditions: +3 v HF, +1 v Toxins;
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 15% / 1d100: [56] = 56 (trying to transmit sincerity & be persuasive, but leaning hard on the gun to do that)
Detect Ambush 50% / 1d100: [99] = 99 (keeping eyes peeled)
GM wrote:Its about then that Dylan hears a thud and sees someone slam into the passenger side of his truck and starts groping for the handle to open the passenger door. The person is wide eyed and disheveled, suit torn at the sleeve but otherwise looks okay. (i.e. He's doesn't have blood on him.)
Dylan whirls and brings the business end of his rifle to a low ready in the panicked asshole's general direction. "STOP!" He keeps his directive clear and concise. His voice is loud and abrupt in order to command attention. Shithead looks like he's in trauma. Probably saw something that didn't fit on his 3"x5" card of socially acceptable things. "Step away from my truck, or I will end you." Dylan is not bluffing. These ain't just words, mofo. Make yourself not a threat if you wanna keep breathing.
Nann Jo wrote:"That flippin weasel has done a runner!" What now? I have to put Kevin down like a lame horse in the paddock? Is that it? Nanna Jo whispers to Lynn and Dylan urgently, "Lynn takes my seat in the truck, I'll get my bike out and follow yous later... I'll stay with Kevin for a bit." She nods at Josh, "Squeeze in with Josh for now, he can't be with me and Kevin right now, but he can double with me later."
Speaking out of one side of his mouth, and without taking his eyes off of the panicked suit, Dylan adds, "Lynn, we ain't got much choice right now. Nanna, you okay to ride your bike?" Dylan tries to keep his eyes peeled for unseen dangers or the unlikely possibility that this idiot's a decoy in a larger trap.

Initiative: 1d20: [13] = 13
Action 1a: Axe Kick Strike: 1d20+2: [8]+2 = 10 , Damage: 2d8+5: [5, 1]+5 = 11 [to keep any hostiles at a safe distance] if in range, otherwise
Action 1b: M16A2 Strike: 1d20+1: [3]+1 = 4 , Damage: 5d6: [1, 6, 2, 2, 1] = 12
Action 2: M16A2 Strike: 1d20+1: [1]+1 = 2 , Damage: 5d6: [5, 3, 4, 4, 5] = 21
Action 3: M16A2 Strike: 1d20+1: [6]+1 = 7 , Damage: 5d6: [4, 1, 2, 3, 2] = 12
Action 4: M16A2 Strike: 1d20+1: [5]+1 = 6 , Damage: 5d6: [6, 5, 5, 1, 5] = 22
Action 5: M16A2 Strike: 1d20+1: [2]+1 = 3 , Damage: 5d6: [1, 3, 6, 1, 2] = 13
Action 6: M16A2 Strike: 1d20+1: [10]+1 = 11 , Damage: 5d6: [3, 6, 3, 6, 5] = 23

Parries (+4 included): 1d20+4: [20]+4 = 24 , 1d20+4: [11]+4 = 15 , 1d20+4: [11]+4 = 15 , 1d20+4: [8]+4 = 12 , 1d20+4: [6]+4 = 10 , 1d20+4: [3]+4 = 7
Dodges (+5 included): 1d20+5: [6]+5 = 11 , 1d20+5: [8]+5 = 13 , 1d20+5: [18]+5 = 23 , 1d20+5: [15]+5 = 20 , 1d20+5: [17]+5 = 22 , 1d20+5: [7]+5 = 12
My Linktree Page
Dylan Sowell
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Post Reply

Return to “Civilization Gone”