Episode 1: On the Hunt (Group B)

Only adventured-related threads are found here.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

User avatar
Durak
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 208
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Re: Episode 1: On the Hunt (Group B)

Post by Durak »

Perception 1d100: [72] = 72 vs 53%
JIC 1d100: [34] = 34 1d20: [6] = 6
Ya-Blik wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:20 pm Durak says his piece inquiring where the survivors are presently located but Thom seems to have little further to share,"I do not know where they presently are, if any were injured, their races, heights, favorite colors, or how they are feeling emotionally ... really it feels like you think the Collectors get a nice thick surveillance report and all they have to do is go demand return of goods. That's hardly the case, we get a sliver of info and have to go out and investigate. I have never had any illusions about walking up and demanding return of the goods. Odds are this is a steal-back situation."
Durak nods, having expected some of what Thom has to say.

"Figured violence and stealth were the order of the day. Guessing the first thing we have to do is find the survivors. Anything they know will be useful."

Durak positions his hand, ready to summon Stonebiter in case of trouble, but otherwise sits on the wagon watching the horses chew the grass and Trask talk to the homesteader. If he needs somebody to do the bartering, Trask will call for us.
Tindish wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:00 pm "Do you guys see him? Is it going well?"
"Well, the dogs haven't been set on him, so that's a good start!" Durak replies, a slight bit of mirth in his voice as he realises Tindish can't see and decides to play with him, "of course, I was not expecting the Troll though."
Dice rolls
Perception 1d100: [81] = 81
JIC 1d100: [57] = 57
1d20: [3] = 3
Durak
HP 40
SDC 59
Cloak of protection AR12 SDC 50 Impervious to Fire
Bracers AR15
Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft,
Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
User avatar
Tindish
Posts: 87
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:46 am

Re: Episode 1: On the Hunt (Group B)

Post by Tindish »

Tindish wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:00 pm Perception: 1d100: [60] = 60 vs 30% +25% vs Concealment, Camouflage, & Palming (skills) & vs non-magic/psionic illusions
JIC: 1d20: [8] = 8 and 1d100: [74] = 74


Theron Wymond wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:37 pm Theron nods. "Barely, it is difficult to see so far, but it seems as though there is a stand-off of some sort." Theron remarks, not able to see much else from atop of Gault. "Doesn't seem to be hostile, just cautious. Let's keep here, no need to spook them, unless Trask comes under fire. I would not like to be forced to kill an innocent."


Tindish taken back by the innocent comment adds, "Well, they likely aren't innocent if they attack Trask." And definitely not aware of the largess and magnitude or power he and the Trask Gang hold. Tindish crinkles his nose, There is that word. Gang. Maybe we do have to do something about that. He shakes off the thought, holding it for a campfire discussion.

Durak wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:42 pm "Well, the dogs haven't been set on him, so that's a good start!" Durak replies, a slight bit of mirth in his voice as he realises Tindish can't see and decides to play with him, "of course, I was not expecting the Troll though."


"Troll?!!" Tindish exclaims loudly, then pulls his voice back to a whisper, "Troll? Should we devise a plan? Does it look hungry?" Tindish pats his pony comfortingly, "Don't worry Zynn, we will not be eaten by a troll today." He gazes back in the general direction Trask started off, "Not today Troll, Not today." Then asks the group excitedly, "So what's the plan?"
Tindish Character Sheet

Constant Abilities:
Night vision: 400ft, Day Vision: 40ft
*Sixth Sense
ISP: 112/115
HP: 20/20
SDC: 21/21
Armor: A.R:13, S.D.C.: 34/38
User avatar
Bonk Boree
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:20 am

Re: Episode 1: On the Hunt (Group B)

Post by Bonk Boree »

Perception: 1d100<51: [5*] = 1
JIC: 1d20: [3] = 3 / 1d100: [77] = 77
Ya-Blik wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:20 pmTrask confirms, "One well placed ambush and that could be any amount of people. I would guess forty plus individuals involved unless they had mages against them, then it could be much less. So yeah, I agree with Ol'Thom, not enough info to build any real plan with."
Bonk shrugs. "So 'no plan' is definite plan for time being..." he grins. "If memory serves, Trask Gang was outnumbered at orc stronghold too. Ambushes do not need large numbers for large effects."

Bonk nods at Trask's instructions and when he announces Garick's in charge he even gives the mule a grin and a salute. "Shout if backup is needed..." he says to Trask. No, random farm person, there's absolutely nothing funny going on here. Pay no attention to the dwarf, kobold and ogre taking battle orders from a fully deputized mule while the gnome tries to disavow knowing anyone in the group. He laughs to himself at his internal joke (he's always had to largely amuse himself, so by now he's used to his sense of humor) and even gives a friendly wave to anyone at the house who might look in their general direction.
Durak wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:42 pm
Tindish wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:00 pm "Do you guys see him? Is it going well?"
"Well, the dogs haven't been set on him, so that's a good start!" Durak replies, a slight bit of mirth in his voice as he realises Tindish can't see and decides to play with him, "of course, I was not expecting the Troll though."
For a moment Bonk is confused... What troll? I can't see any-- oh, I get it. He shrugs. "Hm. Rather puny looking though. May have been runt of litter. Trask is probably trying not to laugh out of pity." He tries to keep from laughing himself, but if it appears Tindish is getting overly upset he'll give his friend a wink and a grin when he thinks Durak isn't looking.
User avatar
Ya-Blik
Dimension Master
Posts: 134
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:56 am
Location: Palladium Fantasy GM & DM

Re: Episode 1: On the Hunt (Group B)

Post by Ya-Blik »


Conditions:
Date: 19 May, 345
Time: 1430
Environment: Warm
Location: Not Llorn … Woods Somewhere nearish to Kaash (?)



Trask calls up to the voice on the porch, "Well sir, I'm Tolliver Trask, mercenary out of Llorn. I'm traveling with my companions to do a job in the Greenbough area. Some bandits raided a caravan of medical supplies destined for some place. I was really coming to see if you had any foodstuffs to sell and maybe if you had heard anything about the Band of the Blue hand. Or hell just some info on the area at large would be appreciated."

After a moment, a series of a staccato whistles pierce the air before a small man carrying a woodsman's axe steps out smiling.
He is followed by an orc who nearly fills the doorway. The man offers a small wave even as the rest of the Trask Gang begin to approach, "Hello Tolliver, I'm Nedd. This is Beant. Llorn is a long way off. Matter of fact so is Greenbough ... that's past the Uttawa River, past Erm or Barleydale depending on if you tend north or south. The Uttawa is an offshoot of the Great River. It is, maybe couple days ride but it can be rough in areas, there is a bridge or you can hire one of the ferrys. After the Uttawa and the towns on its banks, there's a trading city called Harvest about 80-90 miles to the east which is the farthest I have been, but I know a ranger Benny he mentioned going through Greenbough on a trip out to Southwatch. Have not heard about any Band of the Blue Hand myself, but most small bandit crews have a pretty small range ... As for food, yeah we probably have some stores we can part with."

Available
[*] 40 Lbs Smoked Fish (140 gp)
[*] 4 Gallons -- Rum (120 gp)
[*] 20 Lbs Oats (20 gp)
[*] 2 Lbs Sugar (10 gp)
[*] 50 Lbs Oats [Animal Feed] (20 gp)

The group begins to discuss the need to prepare for facing a troll based upon a joke by Durak and Bonk on the nearsighted Tindish. After whatever purchases that the group wish to make, the team can quite easily take a road to the east out of the valley.


Butcher's Bill:
Bonk:
Theron: -1 Crossbow bolt


What are you doing?
User avatar
Tolliver Trask
Group Leader
Posts: 179
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:54 pm
Contact:

Re: Episode 1: On the Hunt (Group B)

Post by Tolliver Trask »

Perception: 1d100: [99] = 99 /65%
Just in Case: 1d20: [20] = 20 ; 1d100: [7] = 7
Conditions: Sixth Sense, Resistant to Cold, Invisible Armor.
Ya-Blik wrote:"Hello Tolliver, I'm Nedd. This is Beant. Llorn is a long way off. Matter of fact so is Greenbough ... that's past the Uttawa River, past Erm or Barleydale depending on if you tend north or south. The Uttawa is an offshoot of the Great River. It is, maybe couple days ride but it can be rough in areas, there is a bridge or you can hire one of the ferrys. After the Uttawa and the towns on its banks, there's a trading city called Harvest about 80-90 miles to the east which is the farthest I have been, but I know a ranger Benny he mentioned going through Greenbough on a trip out to Southwatch. Have not heard about any Band of the Blue Hand myself, but most small bandit crews have a pretty small range ... As for food, yeah we probably have some stores we can part with."
Trask nods at the farmers information. "That was most helpful good sir." Trask says while perusing what the man has to sell. "I'll be honest my group is eclectic and eats like horses, so I'll take it all. Plus a bit more for the information." Trask says with a smile.

Will pay the farmer 400 gp

Once the coin has exchanged hands, Trask will nod again. "My thanks again, we'll be out of your hair in a few minutes then." Trask says as he starts carrying some of the items back to the wagon. One or two more trips back and forth he'll finish depositing it all into Durak's cart.

"There is a bridge a couple of days ride from here, the farmer says we can get a ferry there, and that should cut some time off of our trip." Trask says with a pause. "So let's get a move on it and I'll relay the rest of what he told me." Trask says as he grabs the lead for Garrick and continues to move forward, with much the same plan as before, of camping when needed, and generally keeping moving unless something happens.
Suicide King
Tolliver Trask
"Tonight, boys, we're eating like kings. We've all tasted death too much it seems." ~Shawn James
P.P.E.: 10/10
I.S.P.: 38/38
H.P.: 39/39
S.D.C.: 71/71
Constant Effects
Sixth Sense, Impervious to Fire, Resistant to Cold.
Temporary Effects
None.
Weapons in Hand
Dwarven Longsword
Armor Worn
Mjorgullan Mail Uncommon Enchanted Splint (half)
• A.R.: 12
• S.D.C.: 40/40
Tower Shield of the Hex Rare Enchanted Large Wood & Metal Plated Shield
• Indestructible
User avatar
Tindish
Posts: 87
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:46 am

Re: Episode 1: On the Hunt (Group B)

Post by Tindish »

Perception: 1d100: [26] = 26 vs 30% +25% vs Concealment, Camouflage, & Palming (skills) & vs non-magic/psionic illusions
JIC: 1d20: [14] = 14 and 1d100: [92] = 92


Tolliver Trask wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:24 pm "There is a bridge a couple of days ride from here, the farmer says we can get a ferry there, and that should cut some time off of our trip." Trask says with a pause. "So let's get a move on it and I'll relay the rest of what he told me." Trask says as he grabs the lead for Garrick and continues to move forward, with much the same plan as before, of camping when needed, and generally keeping moving unless something happens.


When Trask comes back with the first load of items Tindish is surprised and happy, "Mr. Trask, it would seem the troll didn't give you any troubles at all. Please know, I was indeed ready to come to your aid. But, phooey, the great Toliver Trask needs no aid. Conqueror of orcs, destroyer of Trolls! They will sing your tails for generations my good man."

Tindish looks off to behind Trask toward where the Troll was, "Today you met your match you loathsome troll." Tinidsh turns back to Trask and asks, "Do you need a hand gathering the spoils of you victory?" Assuming Trask looks confused and says he doesn't need any help Tindish replies, "I'm sure the Farmer is quite shaken from the engagement, fine, fine. It seems he was very appreciative of your troll slaying services as well." Tindish ponders for a moment, I wonder how long that troll has been terrorizing the poor farmer?

Once the wagon is loaded and ready to go Tinidsh will fall in line and continue the journey.
Tindish Character Sheet

Constant Abilities:
Night vision: 400ft, Day Vision: 40ft
*Sixth Sense
ISP: 112/115
HP: 20/20
SDC: 21/21
Armor: A.R:13, S.D.C.: 34/38
User avatar
Tolliver Trask
Group Leader
Posts: 179
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:54 pm
Contact:

Re: Episode 1: On the Hunt (Group B)

Post by Tolliver Trask »

((Rolls Carried Over))
Tindish wrote:"Mr. Trask, it would seem the troll didn't give you any troubles at all. Please know, I was indeed ready to come to your aid. But, phooey, the great Toliver Trask needs no aid. Conqueror of orcs, destroyer of Trolls! They will sing your tails for generations my good man."

Tindish looks off to behind Trask toward where the Troll was, "Today you met your match you loathsome troll." Tinidsh turns back to Trask and asks, "Do you need a hand gathering the spoils of you victory?" Assuming Trask looks confused and says he doesn't need any help Tindish replies, "I'm sure the Farmer is quite shaken from the engagement, fine, fine. It seems he was very appreciative of your troll slaying services as well." Tindish ponders for a moment, I wonder how long that troll has been terrorizing the poor farmer?

Once the wagon is loaded and ready to go Tinidsh will fall in line and continue the journey.
Trask looks at Tindish, and then looks at Durak and Bonk. "Somehow I'm certain that this is your fault." Trask says before looking at Tindish again. "You really are blind as a bat in the daytime... There isn't any Troll, just a farmer and his dogs. I bought some more foodstuffs for the trip from him and got some info about the area, that's all." Trask says before rubbing his temples.

These guys are gonna kill me faster than an orc.
Suicide King
Tolliver Trask
"Tonight, boys, we're eating like kings. We've all tasted death too much it seems." ~Shawn James
P.P.E.: 10/10
I.S.P.: 38/38
H.P.: 39/39
S.D.C.: 71/71
Constant Effects
Sixth Sense, Impervious to Fire, Resistant to Cold.
Temporary Effects
None.
Weapons in Hand
Dwarven Longsword
Armor Worn
Mjorgullan Mail Uncommon Enchanted Splint (half)
• A.R.: 12
• S.D.C.: 40/40
Tower Shield of the Hex Rare Enchanted Large Wood & Metal Plated Shield
• Indestructible
User avatar
Durak
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 208
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Re: Episode 1: On the Hunt (Group B)

Post by Durak »

Perception 1d100: [28] = 28
JIC 1d100: [57] = 57 1d20: [20] = 20
Tolliver Trask wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:14 pm Trask looks at Tindish, and then looks at Durak and Bonk. "Somehow I'm certain that this is your fault."
Durak tries vainly to look innocent, but the broad grin on his face betrays him.

"Just having some fun with you Tindish," he says, shrugging as he helps Tolliver store the foodstuffs in the cart.
Tolliver Trask wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:24 pm "There is a bridge a couple of days ride from here, the farmer says we can get a ferry there, and that should cut some time off of our trip." Trask says with a pause. "So let's get a move on it and I'll relay the rest of what he told me." Trask says as he grabs the lead for Garrick and continues to move forward, with much the same plan as before, of camping when needed, and generally keeping moving unless something happens.
"Well, let's get out of here," Durak picks up the reigns and follows the directions Trask gives him.
Durak
HP 40
SDC 59
Cloak of protection AR12 SDC 50 Impervious to Fire
Bracers AR15
Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft,
Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
User avatar
Bonk Boree
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:20 am

Re: Episode 1: On the Hunt (Group B)

Post by Bonk Boree »

Perception: 1d100<51: [58] = 0
JIC: 1d20: [19] = 19 / 1d100: [43] = 43
Durak wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:02 pm
Tolliver Trask wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:14 pm Trask looks at Tindish, and then looks at Durak and Bonk. "Somehow I'm certain that this is your fault."
Durak tries vainly to look innocent, but the broad grin on his face betrays him.

"Just having some fun with you Tindish," he says, shrugging as he helps Tolliver store the foodstuffs in the cart.
Tolliver Trask wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:24 pm "There is a bridge a couple of days ride from here, the farmer says we can get a ferry there, and that should cut some time off of our trip." Trask says with a pause. "So let's get a move on it and I'll relay the rest of what he told me." Trask says as he grabs the lead for Garrick and continues to move forward, with much the same plan as before, of camping when needed, and generally keeping moving unless something happens.
"Well, let's get out of here," Durak picks up the reigns and follows the directions Trask gives him.
Bonk shrugs towards Trask and points to Durak. "Was his idea. But for what is worth, farmer does not look too unlike troll if one squints just right." He chuckles. "But troll farmer was quite generous to sell supplies and was even more generous with local information, yes? Was good stop." He grabs some of the supplies and starts helping load the cart. "Apologies, traveling buddy. Did not realize you thought we were serious. Bonk promises to never do that again -- or at least to make imaginary trolls sound more ridiculous. Maybe wearing pink corsets and face paint?"

Probably not the best thing to have done while the little guy's feeling are still sore, he thinks to himself. But hopefully he also realizes if the troll had been real we wouldn't have left Trask to fight it alone.
User avatar
Tindish
Posts: 87
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:46 am

Re: Episode 1: On the Hunt (Group B)

Post by Tindish »

Tindish wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:33 am Perception: 1d100: [26] = 26 vs 30% +25% vs Concealment, Camouflage, & Palming (skills) & vs non-magic/psionic illusions
JIC: 1d20: [14] = 14 and 1d100: [92] = 92
Tindish frowns, "Hilarious. Very funny indeed. Poke fun at the Kobold. Ha! The kobold can't see. Let's have a funny." Tinidsh pulls the reigns on Zynn and turns from the group. I should make one of them think their willy fell off. That would be funny. "Hold group, bonk has to pee. OMG, Bonk has lost little, little buddy." Now that would be hilarious.

Tindish snorts, But no, Tindish is a good Kobold. Tinidsh wouldn't do that.

Tindish sighs, "At least we got more supplies. That is good. Are we going to continue or camp around here? We are passed mid day, would it be better to just set up and get an early start of it?"
Tindish Character Sheet

Constant Abilities:
Night vision: 400ft, Day Vision: 40ft
*Sixth Sense
ISP: 112/115
HP: 20/20
SDC: 21/21
Armor: A.R:13, S.D.C.: 34/38
User avatar
Ya-Blik
Dimension Master
Posts: 134
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:56 am
Location: Palladium Fantasy GM & DM

Re: Episode 1: On the Hunt (Group B)

Post by Ya-Blik »


Conditions:
Date: 19 May, 345
Time: 1600
Environment: Warm
Location: Not Llorn … Woods Somewhere nearish to Kaash (?)



The large Orc nods at the purchase and retrieves Trask's purchases from a cellar and assists with carrying several items over to the cart, then waves and goodbye to the others without a word. The merc-leader deposits his purchases and, once they are ostensibly alone once more gives an updat, "There is a bridge a couple of days ride from here, the farmer says we can get a ferry there, and that should cut some time off of our trip." Trask says with a pause. "So let's get a move on it and I'll relay the rest of what he told me." Trask says as he grabs the lead for Garrick and continues to move forward, with much the same plan as before, of camping when needed, and generally keeping moving unless something happens."

Misled for a time, Tindish declares his loyalty and confidence that Trask was more than adequate to the single-handed-smiting of a troll. Bonk shrugs towards Trask and points to Durak. "Was his idea. But for what is worth, farmer does not look too unlike troll if one squints just right." The ogre chuckles and catches sight of Thom suppressing a half-grin as well. "But troll farmer was quite generous to sell supplies and was even more generous with local information, yes? Was good stop." With the supplies loaded, the group moves onward and eastward through the valley until the farmstead is reasonably behind them when Tindish remarks, "At least we got more supplies. That is good. Are we going to continue or camp around here? We are passed midday, would it be better to just set up and get an early start of it?"

Trask looks back and sees Thom shaking his head a bit, "We are weeks from Greenbough at this rate, and moving at hiking speed because not everyone is mounted up. I thought the point was made that having Tincup's vision around meant night would be more viable. Blood and ashes, our odds of ever getting paid drop the slower we travel ... I can see in the dark, as can Durak, Tincup, and even Bonk there ... " As the diminutive figure is speaking Tindish's eye feels drawn to what felt like movement across a heavy-low branch off to the left but when he turns to examine more closely, nothing seems to be there.



Butcher's Bill:
Bonk:
Theron: -1 Crossbow bolt
Trask: (-400 GP Deducted)


OOC: Durak please put the Perception Skill percentage in, so I can tell if you succeed or fail on rolls.

What are you doing?
User avatar
Tolliver Trask
Group Leader
Posts: 179
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:54 pm
Contact:

Re: Episode 1: On the Hunt (Group B)

Post by Tolliver Trask »

Perception: 1d100: [96] = 96 /65%
Just in Case: 1d20: [17] = 17 ; 1d100: [10] = 10
Conditions: Sixth Sense, Resistant to Cold, Invisible Armor.

Wilderness Survival 1d100: [24] = 24 /70% (To avoid natural hazards)
Land Navigation 1d100: [74] = 74 /46% (To keep going the right way)
Ya-Blik wrote:"We are weeks from Greenbough at this rate, and moving at hiking speed because not everyone is mounted up. I thought the point was made that having Tincup's vision around meant night would be more viable. Blood and ashes, our odds of ever getting paid drop the slower we travel ... I can see in the dark, as can Durak, Tincup, and even Bonk there ... "
Trask sighs. This old gnome always seems to what to argue. "Thom it doesn't really matter either way if we travel by day or night. The Horse's and Donkey are not tireless, and certainly don't see well in the dark. Also you might have mentioned a need for mounts before we started this expedition, not that they were available in Llorn in the first place. I get that your mage associate could only get us so far, but now I think it might have been faster by barge down the great canal. So is making for the bridge a better idea so as to speed up our travel or do you want to continue on the road?" Trask ask, trying very hard not to sound irritated.

Depending on the response Trask will either continue to lead the group forward, or start moving the group in the direction of the bridge.

In either case, Trask will push until sundown before going through the daily ritual of setting up camp, making supper, and setting watch. Only to do the reverse in the morning, and continuing on the road on to their destination.
Suicide King
Tolliver Trask
"Tonight, boys, we're eating like kings. We've all tasted death too much it seems." ~Shawn James
P.P.E.: 10/10
I.S.P.: 38/38
H.P.: 39/39
S.D.C.: 71/71
Constant Effects
Sixth Sense, Impervious to Fire, Resistant to Cold.
Temporary Effects
None.
Weapons in Hand
Dwarven Longsword
Armor Worn
Mjorgullan Mail Uncommon Enchanted Splint (half)
• A.R.: 12
• S.D.C.: 40/40
Tower Shield of the Hex Rare Enchanted Large Wood & Metal Plated Shield
• Indestructible
User avatar
Durak
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 208
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Re: Episode 1: On the Hunt (Group B)

Post by Durak »

Perception 53% 1d100: [91] = 91
JIC 1d100: [72] = 72 1d20: [15] = 15


Durak ponders their best route, stroking his beard to do so.

"I say head towards the ferry and use the ferry as it can travel faster than the cart and for longer. If we can talk to people along the way and maybe pick up the trail of the robbers that would help. Also, is the place where the attack took place enroute?" he sighs and picks up the reigns. thought an experienced Master Collector might have more of a plan.

"Right now, I suggest we actually make a plan because if we have to go to different places, let's discuss that whilst we travel. Most of us are on the cart, so discuss."

He sets the cart off in whatever direction is chosen.

"So let us define exactly what we know.
Numbers of attackers and how is this known
Site of attack - do we need to go past Greenborough, make a slight detour etc.
Anything else that we know or need to consider?"


As they travel, if need be, Durak will stop periodically for any rests but to forage for a few supplies, practicing his meagre skills for now.
wilderness survival 36% 1d100: [27] = 27
Durak
HP 40
SDC 59
Cloak of protection AR12 SDC 50 Impervious to Fire
Bracers AR15
Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft,
Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
User avatar
Tindish
Posts: 87
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:46 am

Re: Episode 1: On the Hunt (Group B)

Post by Tindish »

Perception: 1d100: [20] = 20 vs 30% +25% vs Concealment, Camouflage, & Palming (skills) & vs non-magic/psionic illusions
JIC: 1d20: [13] = 13 and 1d100: [15] = 15

Catching the site of something moving distracts Tindish and he ignores the discussion on where to go and how to get there. What was that? He looks closer but doesn't see anything. He calmly considers what it might be, I didn't get any vibe of danger. Someone invisible? He decides to tell the group.

"I think I just saw something, there in the tree." Tindish points in the direction of the limb. "Small, I think. Possibly invisible."

If no one else mentions seeing anything or is unable to scan for an invisible tag along, Tinidsh will chalk it up to a shadow. He will keep a closer eye on their surrounding as they travel, the best he can in daylight anyway.
Last edited by Tindish on Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tindish Character Sheet

Constant Abilities:
Night vision: 400ft, Day Vision: 40ft
*Sixth Sense
ISP: 112/115
HP: 20/20
SDC: 21/21
Armor: A.R:13, S.D.C.: 34/38
User avatar
Bonk Boree
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:20 am

Re: Episode 1: On the Hunt (Group B)

Post by Bonk Boree »

Perception: 1d100<51: [7*] = 1
JIC: 1d20: [14] = 14 / 1d100: [75] = 75
Ya-Blik wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:40 pm"We are weeks from Greenbough at this rate, and moving at hiking speed because not everyone is mounted up. I thought the point was made that having Tincup's vision around meant night would be more viable. Blood and ashes, our odds of ever getting paid drop the slower we travel ... I can see in the dark, as can Durak, Tincup, and even Bonk there ... "
"Bonk walks to keep cart horse from getting too tired as way is long," Bonk shrugs. "But can certainly ride more if would help speed things along." He rubs his massive chin. I wonder if the next Mage's Guild house we come across would be willing to teach spells that would increase one's speed? I'll have to check when we get to one.
Tindish wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:08 am"I think I just saw something, there in the tree." Tindish points in the direction of the limb. "Small, I think. Possibly invisible."
"Really?" Bonk looks in the direction Tindish is pointing. "Perhaps some new eyes are in order, ya?" He mutters an incantation under his breath as his eyes glow slightly with magical enhancement ((OOC: Casting 'See the Invisible' -- 200 feet (61 m), 4 minutes, 4 PPE)). "Here, this help?" he asks as he casts the spell on Tindish and anyone else he can quickly touch.
User avatar
Ya-Blik
Dimension Master
Posts: 134
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:56 am
Location: Palladium Fantasy GM & DM

Re: Episode 1: On the Hunt (Group B)

Post by Ya-Blik »


Conditions:
Date: 19 May, 345
Time: 1630
Environment: Warm
Location: Not Llorn … Woods Somewhere nearish to Kaash (?)



Trask sighs, "Thom it doesn't really matter either way if we travel by day or night. The Horse's and Donkey are not tireless, and certainly don't see well in the dark. Also you might have mentioned a need for mounts before we started this expedition, not that they were available in Llorn in the first place. I get that your mage associate could only get us so far, but now I think it might have been faster by barge down the great canal. So is making for the bridge a better idea so as to speed up our travel or do you want to continue on the road?"

Thom's tone is level in response, "Aye, the Horses and Donkey are not tireless but at minimal speed ... we really should not be at the stage of stopping with hours left before sundown ... That's all. Belimar's beard, if we're just walking we should be able to walk longer is all, well past mid-afternoon ..." (OOC: Sunset is around 7:30-8:00pm in May)

Durak proposes taking a ferry down river and inquires, "... If we can talk to people along the way and maybe pick up the trail of the robbers that would help. Also, is the place where the attack took place enroute?" However, just then Tindish calls out, "I think I just saw something, there in the tree." ~~points~~"Small, I think. Possibly invisible."

Bonk takes a couple large strides as he casts a spell first upon himself, then on his Kobold comrade, (See the Invisible 2x, 200 feet (61 m), 4 minutes, -8 PPE)). Together the two make their way a short distance (20ish ft) off the path as the others talk.
Tindish spots movement and a small glint of sunlight a couple branches up and sees a few sets of butterfly wings fluttering in the breeze near the canopy. With a small boost from Bonk, the Kobold finds a hollow sunken between the massive lower branches and in it, a stash of a half dozen bottles of wine(?) and several handfuls of gold coins (80gp). There are no labels on the dark bottles so these could be anything from rum to burgundy, or bubbley wine (champagne) to moonshine ...

Theron pulls up rein beside the cart and looks down at Trask, Thom and Durak, "We have been talking a bit and, Lladia and I will be headed more South than you it seems. So on the far side of the river (by bridge or ferry) we'll have to take our leave."

With Thom's point made, Durak and Trask note that there are at least another 3 hours to sundown.


Butcher's Bill:
Bonk: -8 PPE
Theron: -1 Crossbow bolt
Trask:


What are you doing?
Post Reply

Return to “Fantasy Adventures”