Episode 1: On the Hunt (Group B)

Only adventured-related threads are found here.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

User avatar
Durak
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 212
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Re: Episode 1: On the Hunt (Group B)

Post by Durak »

Perception 1d100: [72] = 72 vs 53%
JIC 1d100: [34] = 34 1d20: [6] = 6
Ya-Blik wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:20 pm Durak says his piece inquiring where the survivors are presently located but Thom seems to have little further to share,"I do not know where they presently are, if any were injured, their races, heights, favorite colors, or how they are feeling emotionally ... really it feels like you think the Collectors get a nice thick surveillance report and all they have to do is go demand return of goods. That's hardly the case, we get a sliver of info and have to go out and investigate. I have never had any illusions about walking up and demanding return of the goods. Odds are this is a steal-back situation."
Durak nods, having expected some of what Thom has to say.

"Figured violence and stealth were the order of the day. Guessing the first thing we have to do is find the survivors. Anything they know will be useful."

Durak positions his hand, ready to summon Stonebiter in case of trouble, but otherwise sits on the wagon watching the horses chew the grass and Trask talk to the homesteader. If he needs somebody to do the bartering, Trask will call for us.
Tindish wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:00 pm "Do you guys see him? Is it going well?"
"Well, the dogs haven't been set on him, so that's a good start!" Durak replies, a slight bit of mirth in his voice as he realises Tindish can't see and decides to play with him, "of course, I was not expecting the Troll though."
Dice rolls
Perception 1d100: [81] = 81
JIC 1d100: [57] = 57
1d20: [3] = 3
Durak
HP 40
SDC 59
Cloak of protection AR12 SDC 50 Impervious to Fire
Bracers AR15
Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft,
Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
User avatar
Tindish
Posts: 92
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:46 am

Re: Episode 1: On the Hunt (Group B)

Post by Tindish »

Tindish wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:00 pm Perception: 1d100: [60] = 60 vs 30% +25% vs Concealment, Camouflage, & Palming (skills) & vs non-magic/psionic illusions
JIC: 1d20: [8] = 8 and 1d100: [74] = 74


Theron Wymond wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:37 pm Theron nods. "Barely, it is difficult to see so far, but it seems as though there is a stand-off of some sort." Theron remarks, not able to see much else from atop of Gault. "Doesn't seem to be hostile, just cautious. Let's keep here, no need to spook them, unless Trask comes under fire. I would not like to be forced to kill an innocent."


Tindish taken back by the innocent comment adds, "Well, they likely aren't innocent if they attack Trask." And definitely not aware of the largess and magnitude or power he and the Trask Gang hold. Tindish crinkles his nose, There is that word. Gang. Maybe we do have to do something about that. He shakes off the thought, holding it for a campfire discussion.

Durak wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:42 pm "Well, the dogs haven't been set on him, so that's a good start!" Durak replies, a slight bit of mirth in his voice as he realises Tindish can't see and decides to play with him, "of course, I was not expecting the Troll though."


"Troll?!!" Tindish exclaims loudly, then pulls his voice back to a whisper, "Troll? Should we devise a plan? Does it look hungry?" Tindish pats his pony comfortingly, "Don't worry Zynn, we will not be eaten by a troll today." He gazes back in the general direction Trask started off, "Not today Troll, Not today." Then asks the group excitedly, "So what's the plan?"
Tindish Character Sheet

Constant Abilities:
Night vision: 400ft, Day Vision: 40ft
*Sixth Sense
ISP: 112/115
HP: 20/20
SDC: 21/21
Armor: A.R:13, S.D.C.: 34/38
User avatar
Bonk Boree
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:20 am

Re: Episode 1: On the Hunt (Group B)

Post by Bonk Boree »

Perception: 1d100<51: [5*] = 1
JIC: 1d20: [3] = 3 / 1d100: [77] = 77
Ya-Blik wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:20 pmTrask confirms, "One well placed ambush and that could be any amount of people. I would guess forty plus individuals involved unless they had mages against them, then it could be much less. So yeah, I agree with Ol'Thom, not enough info to build any real plan with."
Bonk shrugs. "So 'no plan' is definite plan for time being..." he grins. "If memory serves, Trask Gang was outnumbered at orc stronghold too. Ambushes do not need large numbers for large effects."

Bonk nods at Trask's instructions and when he announces Garick's in charge he even gives the mule a grin and a salute. "Shout if backup is needed..." he says to Trask. No, random farm person, there's absolutely nothing funny going on here. Pay no attention to the dwarf, kobold and ogre taking battle orders from a fully deputized mule while the gnome tries to disavow knowing anyone in the group. He laughs to himself at his internal joke (he's always had to largely amuse himself, so by now he's used to his sense of humor) and even gives a friendly wave to anyone at the house who might look in their general direction.
Durak wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:42 pm
Tindish wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:00 pm "Do you guys see him? Is it going well?"
"Well, the dogs haven't been set on him, so that's a good start!" Durak replies, a slight bit of mirth in his voice as he realises Tindish can't see and decides to play with him, "of course, I was not expecting the Troll though."
For a moment Bonk is confused... What troll? I can't see any-- oh, I get it. He shrugs. "Hm. Rather puny looking though. May have been runt of litter. Trask is probably trying not to laugh out of pity." He tries to keep from laughing himself, but if it appears Tindish is getting overly upset he'll give his friend a wink and a grin when he thinks Durak isn't looking.
User avatar
Ya-Blik
Dimension Master
Posts: 145
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:56 am
Location: Palladium Fantasy GM & DM

Re: Episode 1: On the Hunt (Group B)

Post by Ya-Blik »


Conditions:
Date: 29 May, 345
Time: 600
Environment: Warm
Location: North of Greenbough



After two days of road travel, Trask and company take a bridge across the Uttawa river to a small city called the town of Harvest. They take a barge eastward along the Great River for four days to a small town called Tekal that captain Calor says is about 3 days north of Greenbough County (just head south along the Trade Road). The innkeeper at Ye Olde Aggressive Raspberry (which kindly offers to allow your Ogre and Kobold membership a barn stall) recognizes the name 'Band of the Blue Hand' as the name of a group who have been raiding caravans and robbing small groups throughout the Highback Plains for the couple years. Rumors regarding their membership vary, some claim a human former-pirate named Roberts is their leader. A caravan guard warming a barstool claims the Blue Hands are the puppets of a disembodied flaming eye. Another patron claims that a trio of giants founded the group to run humans out of lands around the stone circles that dot the area.

Sunrise the following morning finds the group well rested as they congregate for the morning meal (or go shop or whatever you people are doing ...).

OOC: You can use the Eastern Territory town of Williamshire (Eastern Territory Pg 176) to give an idea of what this town is like and what is available, with the minor notable additions of: 1) the Inn (Ye Olde Aggressive Raspberry (***)), and 2) Floating Docks (see Eastern Territory Pg 119).


Butcher's Bill:
Bonk: Sustain
Durak: Sustain
Tindish: Sustain
Trask: Sustain
-- Horse: Sustain
-- Garrick the Mule: Sustain


What are you doing?
User avatar
Tolliver Trask
Group Leader
Posts: 182
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:54 pm
Contact:

Re: Episode 1: On the Hunt (Group B)

Post by Tolliver Trask »

Perception: 1d100: [99] = 99 /65%
Just in Case: 1d20: [20] = 20 ; 1d100: [7] = 7
Conditions: Sixth Sense, Resistant to Cold, Invisible Armor.
Ya-Blik wrote:"Hello Tolliver, I'm Nedd. This is Beant. Llorn is a long way off. Matter of fact so is Greenbough ... that's past the Uttawa River, past Erm or Barleydale depending on if you tend north or south. The Uttawa is an offshoot of the Great River. It is, maybe couple days ride but it can be rough in areas, there is a bridge or you can hire one of the ferrys. After the Uttawa and the towns on its banks, there's a trading city called Harvest about 80-90 miles to the east which is the farthest I have been, but I know a ranger Benny he mentioned going through Greenbough on a trip out to Southwatch. Have not heard about any Band of the Blue Hand myself, but most small bandit crews have a pretty small range ... As for food, yeah we probably have some stores we can part with."
Trask nods at the farmers information. "That was most helpful good sir." Trask says while perusing what the man has to sell. "I'll be honest my group is eclectic and eats like horses, so I'll take it all. Plus a bit more for the information." Trask says with a smile.

Will pay the farmer 400 gp

Once the coin has exchanged hands, Trask will nod again. "My thanks again, we'll be out of your hair in a few minutes then." Trask says as he starts carrying some of the items back to the wagon. One or two more trips back and forth he'll finish depositing it all into Durak's cart.

"There is a bridge a couple of days ride from here, the farmer says we can get a ferry there, and that should cut some time off of our trip." Trask says with a pause. "So let's get a move on it and I'll relay the rest of what he told me." Trask says as he grabs the lead for Garrick and continues to move forward, with much the same plan as before, of camping when needed, and generally keeping moving unless something happens.
Suicide King
Tolliver Trask
"Tonight, boys, we're eating like kings. We've all tasted death too much it seems." ~Shawn James
P.P.E.: 10/10
I.S.P.: 38/38
H.P.: 39/39
S.D.C.: 71/71
Constant Effects
Sixth Sense, Impervious to Fire, Resistant to Cold.
Temporary Effects
None.
Weapons in Hand
Dwarven Longsword
Armor Worn
Mjorgullan Mail Uncommon Enchanted Splint (half)
• A.R.: 12
• S.D.C.: 40/40
Tower Shield of the Hex Rare Enchanted Large Wood & Metal Plated Shield
• Indestructible
User avatar
Tindish
Posts: 92
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:46 am

Re: Episode 1: On the Hunt (Group B)

Post by Tindish »

Perception: 1d100: [26] = 26 vs 30% +25% vs Concealment, Camouflage, & Palming (skills) & vs non-magic/psionic illusions
JIC: 1d20: [14] = 14 and 1d100: [92] = 92


Tolliver Trask wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:24 pm "There is a bridge a couple of days ride from here, the farmer says we can get a ferry there, and that should cut some time off of our trip." Trask says with a pause. "So let's get a move on it and I'll relay the rest of what he told me." Trask says as he grabs the lead for Garrick and continues to move forward, with much the same plan as before, of camping when needed, and generally keeping moving unless something happens.


When Trask comes back with the first load of items Tindish is surprised and happy, "Mr. Trask, it would seem the troll didn't give you any troubles at all. Please know, I was indeed ready to come to your aid. But, phooey, the great Toliver Trask needs no aid. Conqueror of orcs, destroyer of Trolls! They will sing your tails for generations my good man."

Tindish looks off to behind Trask toward where the Troll was, "Today you met your match you loathsome troll." Tinidsh turns back to Trask and asks, "Do you need a hand gathering the spoils of you victory?" Assuming Trask looks confused and says he doesn't need any help Tindish replies, "I'm sure the Farmer is quite shaken from the engagement, fine, fine. It seems he was very appreciative of your troll slaying services as well." Tindish ponders for a moment, I wonder how long that troll has been terrorizing the poor farmer?

Once the wagon is loaded and ready to go Tinidsh will fall in line and continue the journey.
Tindish Character Sheet

Constant Abilities:
Night vision: 400ft, Day Vision: 40ft
*Sixth Sense
ISP: 112/115
HP: 20/20
SDC: 21/21
Armor: A.R:13, S.D.C.: 34/38
User avatar
Tolliver Trask
Group Leader
Posts: 182
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:54 pm
Contact:

Re: Episode 1: On the Hunt (Group B)

Post by Tolliver Trask »

((Rolls Carried Over))
Tindish wrote:"Mr. Trask, it would seem the troll didn't give you any troubles at all. Please know, I was indeed ready to come to your aid. But, phooey, the great Toliver Trask needs no aid. Conqueror of orcs, destroyer of Trolls! They will sing your tails for generations my good man."

Tindish looks off to behind Trask toward where the Troll was, "Today you met your match you loathsome troll." Tinidsh turns back to Trask and asks, "Do you need a hand gathering the spoils of you victory?" Assuming Trask looks confused and says he doesn't need any help Tindish replies, "I'm sure the Farmer is quite shaken from the engagement, fine, fine. It seems he was very appreciative of your troll slaying services as well." Tindish ponders for a moment, I wonder how long that troll has been terrorizing the poor farmer?

Once the wagon is loaded and ready to go Tinidsh will fall in line and continue the journey.
Trask looks at Tindish, and then looks at Durak and Bonk. "Somehow I'm certain that this is your fault." Trask says before looking at Tindish again. "You really are blind as a bat in the daytime... There isn't any Troll, just a farmer and his dogs. I bought some more foodstuffs for the trip from him and got some info about the area, that's all." Trask says before rubbing his temples.

These guys are gonna kill me faster than an orc.
Suicide King
Tolliver Trask
"Tonight, boys, we're eating like kings. We've all tasted death too much it seems." ~Shawn James
P.P.E.: 10/10
I.S.P.: 38/38
H.P.: 39/39
S.D.C.: 71/71
Constant Effects
Sixth Sense, Impervious to Fire, Resistant to Cold.
Temporary Effects
None.
Weapons in Hand
Dwarven Longsword
Armor Worn
Mjorgullan Mail Uncommon Enchanted Splint (half)
• A.R.: 12
• S.D.C.: 40/40
Tower Shield of the Hex Rare Enchanted Large Wood & Metal Plated Shield
• Indestructible
User avatar
Durak
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 212
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Re: Episode 1: On the Hunt (Group B)

Post by Durak »

Perception 1d100: [28] = 28
JIC 1d100: [57] = 57 1d20: [20] = 20
Tolliver Trask wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:14 pm Trask looks at Tindish, and then looks at Durak and Bonk. "Somehow I'm certain that this is your fault."
Durak tries vainly to look innocent, but the broad grin on his face betrays him.

"Just having some fun with you Tindish," he says, shrugging as he helps Tolliver store the foodstuffs in the cart.
Tolliver Trask wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:24 pm "There is a bridge a couple of days ride from here, the farmer says we can get a ferry there, and that should cut some time off of our trip." Trask says with a pause. "So let's get a move on it and I'll relay the rest of what he told me." Trask says as he grabs the lead for Garrick and continues to move forward, with much the same plan as before, of camping when needed, and generally keeping moving unless something happens.
"Well, let's get out of here," Durak picks up the reigns and follows the directions Trask gives him.
Durak
HP 40
SDC 59
Cloak of protection AR12 SDC 50 Impervious to Fire
Bracers AR15
Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft,
Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
User avatar
Bonk Boree
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:20 am

Re: Episode 1: On the Hunt (Group B)

Post by Bonk Boree »

Perception: 1d100<51: [58] = 0
JIC: 1d20: [19] = 19 / 1d100: [43] = 43
Durak wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:02 pm
Tolliver Trask wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:14 pm Trask looks at Tindish, and then looks at Durak and Bonk. "Somehow I'm certain that this is your fault."
Durak tries vainly to look innocent, but the broad grin on his face betrays him.

"Just having some fun with you Tindish," he says, shrugging as he helps Tolliver store the foodstuffs in the cart.
Tolliver Trask wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:24 pm "There is a bridge a couple of days ride from here, the farmer says we can get a ferry there, and that should cut some time off of our trip." Trask says with a pause. "So let's get a move on it and I'll relay the rest of what he told me." Trask says as he grabs the lead for Garrick and continues to move forward, with much the same plan as before, of camping when needed, and generally keeping moving unless something happens.
"Well, let's get out of here," Durak picks up the reigns and follows the directions Trask gives him.
Bonk shrugs towards Trask and points to Durak. "Was his idea. But for what is worth, farmer does not look too unlike troll if one squints just right." He chuckles. "But troll farmer was quite generous to sell supplies and was even more generous with local information, yes? Was good stop." He grabs some of the supplies and starts helping load the cart. "Apologies, traveling buddy. Did not realize you thought we were serious. Bonk promises to never do that again -- or at least to make imaginary trolls sound more ridiculous. Maybe wearing pink corsets and face paint?"

Probably not the best thing to have done while the little guy's feeling are still sore, he thinks to himself. But hopefully he also realizes if the troll had been real we wouldn't have left Trask to fight it alone.
User avatar
Tindish
Posts: 92
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:46 am

Re: Episode 1: On the Hunt (Group B)

Post by Tindish »

Tindish wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:33 am Perception: 1d100: [26] = 26 vs 30% +25% vs Concealment, Camouflage, & Palming (skills) & vs non-magic/psionic illusions
JIC: 1d20: [14] = 14 and 1d100: [92] = 92
Tindish frowns, "Hilarious. Very funny indeed. Poke fun at the Kobold. Ha! The kobold can't see. Let's have a funny." Tinidsh pulls the reigns on Zynn and turns from the group. I should make one of them think their willy fell off. That would be funny. "Hold group, bonk has to pee. OMG, Bonk has lost little, little buddy." Now that would be hilarious.

Tindish snorts, But no, Tindish is a good Kobold. Tinidsh wouldn't do that.

Tindish sighs, "At least we got more supplies. That is good. Are we going to continue or camp around here? We are passed mid day, would it be better to just set up and get an early start of it?"
Tindish Character Sheet

Constant Abilities:
Night vision: 400ft, Day Vision: 40ft
*Sixth Sense
ISP: 112/115
HP: 20/20
SDC: 21/21
Armor: A.R:13, S.D.C.: 34/38
User avatar
Ya-Blik
Dimension Master
Posts: 145
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:56 am
Location: Palladium Fantasy GM & DM

Re: Episode 1: On the Hunt (Group B)

Post by Ya-Blik »


Conditions:
Date: 19 May, 345
Time: 1600
Environment: Warm
Location: Not Llorn … Woods Somewhere nearish to Kaash (?)



The large Orc nods at the purchase and retrieves Trask's purchases from a cellar and assists with carrying several items over to the cart, then waves and goodbye to the others without a word. The merc-leader deposits his purchases and, once they are ostensibly alone once more gives an updat, "There is a bridge a couple of days ride from here, the farmer says we can get a ferry there, and that should cut some time off of our trip." Trask says with a pause. "So let's get a move on it and I'll relay the rest of what he told me." Trask says as he grabs the lead for Garrick and continues to move forward, with much the same plan as before, of camping when needed, and generally keeping moving unless something happens."

Misled for a time, Tindish declares his loyalty and confidence that Trask was more than adequate to the single-handed-smiting of a troll. Bonk shrugs towards Trask and points to Durak. "Was his idea. But for what is worth, farmer does not look too unlike troll if one squints just right." The ogre chuckles and catches sight of Thom suppressing a half-grin as well. "But troll farmer was quite generous to sell supplies and was even more generous with local information, yes? Was good stop." With the supplies loaded, the group moves onward and eastward through the valley until the farmstead is reasonably behind them when Tindish remarks, "At least we got more supplies. That is good. Are we going to continue or camp around here? We are passed midday, would it be better to just set up and get an early start of it?"

Trask looks back and sees Thom shaking his head a bit, "We are weeks from Greenbough at this rate, and moving at hiking speed because not everyone is mounted up. I thought the point was made that having Tincup's vision around meant night would be more viable. Blood and ashes, our odds of ever getting paid drop the slower we travel ... I can see in the dark, as can Durak, Tincup, and even Bonk there ... " As the diminutive figure is speaking Tindish's eye feels drawn to what felt like movement across a heavy-low branch off to the left but when he turns to examine more closely, nothing seems to be there.



Butcher's Bill:
Bonk:
Theron: -1 Crossbow bolt
Trask: (-400 GP Deducted)


OOC: Durak please put the Perception Skill percentage in, so I can tell if you succeed or fail on rolls.

What are you doing?
User avatar
Tolliver Trask
Group Leader
Posts: 182
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:54 pm
Contact:

Re: Episode 1: On the Hunt (Group B)

Post by Tolliver Trask »

Perception: 1d100: [96] = 96 /65%
Just in Case: 1d20: [17] = 17 ; 1d100: [10] = 10
Conditions: Sixth Sense, Resistant to Cold, Invisible Armor.

Wilderness Survival 1d100: [24] = 24 /70% (To avoid natural hazards)
Land Navigation 1d100: [74] = 74 /46% (To keep going the right way)
Ya-Blik wrote:"We are weeks from Greenbough at this rate, and moving at hiking speed because not everyone is mounted up. I thought the point was made that having Tincup's vision around meant night would be more viable. Blood and ashes, our odds of ever getting paid drop the slower we travel ... I can see in the dark, as can Durak, Tincup, and even Bonk there ... "
Trask sighs. This old gnome always seems to what to argue. "Thom it doesn't really matter either way if we travel by day or night. The Horse's and Donkey are not tireless, and certainly don't see well in the dark. Also you might have mentioned a need for mounts before we started this expedition, not that they were available in Llorn in the first place. I get that your mage associate could only get us so far, but now I think it might have been faster by barge down the great canal. So is making for the bridge a better idea so as to speed up our travel or do you want to continue on the road?" Trask ask, trying very hard not to sound irritated.

Depending on the response Trask will either continue to lead the group forward, or start moving the group in the direction of the bridge.

In either case, Trask will push until sundown before going through the daily ritual of setting up camp, making supper, and setting watch. Only to do the reverse in the morning, and continuing on the road on to their destination.
Suicide King
Tolliver Trask
"Tonight, boys, we're eating like kings. We've all tasted death too much it seems." ~Shawn James
P.P.E.: 10/10
I.S.P.: 38/38
H.P.: 39/39
S.D.C.: 71/71
Constant Effects
Sixth Sense, Impervious to Fire, Resistant to Cold.
Temporary Effects
None.
Weapons in Hand
Dwarven Longsword
Armor Worn
Mjorgullan Mail Uncommon Enchanted Splint (half)
• A.R.: 12
• S.D.C.: 40/40
Tower Shield of the Hex Rare Enchanted Large Wood & Metal Plated Shield
• Indestructible
User avatar
Durak
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 212
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Re: Episode 1: On the Hunt (Group B)

Post by Durak »

Perception 53% 1d100: [91] = 91
JIC 1d100: [72] = 72 1d20: [15] = 15


Durak ponders their best route, stroking his beard to do so.

"I say head towards the ferry and use the ferry as it can travel faster than the cart and for longer. If we can talk to people along the way and maybe pick up the trail of the robbers that would help. Also, is the place where the attack took place enroute?" he sighs and picks up the reigns. thought an experienced Master Collector might have more of a plan.

"Right now, I suggest we actually make a plan because if we have to go to different places, let's discuss that whilst we travel. Most of us are on the cart, so discuss."

He sets the cart off in whatever direction is chosen.

"So let us define exactly what we know.
Numbers of attackers and how is this known
Site of attack - do we need to go past Greenborough, make a slight detour etc.
Anything else that we know or need to consider?"


As they travel, if need be, Durak will stop periodically for any rests but to forage for a few supplies, practicing his meagre skills for now.
wilderness survival 36% 1d100: [27] = 27
Durak
HP 40
SDC 59
Cloak of protection AR12 SDC 50 Impervious to Fire
Bracers AR15
Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft,
Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
User avatar
Tindish
Posts: 92
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:46 am

Re: Episode 1: On the Hunt (Group B)

Post by Tindish »

Perception: 1d100: [20] = 20 vs 30% +25% vs Concealment, Camouflage, & Palming (skills) & vs non-magic/psionic illusions
JIC: 1d20: [13] = 13 and 1d100: [15] = 15

Catching the site of something moving distracts Tindish and he ignores the discussion on where to go and how to get there. What was that? He looks closer but doesn't see anything. He calmly considers what it might be, I didn't get any vibe of danger. Someone invisible? He decides to tell the group.

"I think I just saw something, there in the tree." Tindish points in the direction of the limb. "Small, I think. Possibly invisible."

If no one else mentions seeing anything or is unable to scan for an invisible tag along, Tinidsh will chalk it up to a shadow. He will keep a closer eye on their surrounding as they travel, the best he can in daylight anyway.
Last edited by Tindish on Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tindish Character Sheet

Constant Abilities:
Night vision: 400ft, Day Vision: 40ft
*Sixth Sense
ISP: 112/115
HP: 20/20
SDC: 21/21
Armor: A.R:13, S.D.C.: 34/38
User avatar
Bonk Boree
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:20 am

Re: Episode 1: On the Hunt (Group B)

Post by Bonk Boree »

Perception: 1d100<51: [7*] = 1
JIC: 1d20: [14] = 14 / 1d100: [75] = 75
Ya-Blik wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:40 pm"We are weeks from Greenbough at this rate, and moving at hiking speed because not everyone is mounted up. I thought the point was made that having Tincup's vision around meant night would be more viable. Blood and ashes, our odds of ever getting paid drop the slower we travel ... I can see in the dark, as can Durak, Tincup, and even Bonk there ... "
"Bonk walks to keep cart horse from getting too tired as way is long," Bonk shrugs. "But can certainly ride more if would help speed things along." He rubs his massive chin. I wonder if the next Mage's Guild house we come across would be willing to teach spells that would increase one's speed? I'll have to check when we get to one.
Tindish wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:08 am"I think I just saw something, there in the tree." Tindish points in the direction of the limb. "Small, I think. Possibly invisible."
"Really?" Bonk looks in the direction Tindish is pointing. "Perhaps some new eyes are in order, ya?" He mutters an incantation under his breath as his eyes glow slightly with magical enhancement ((OOC: Casting 'See the Invisible' -- 200 feet (61 m), 4 minutes, 4 PPE)). "Here, this help?" he asks as he casts the spell on Tindish and anyone else he can quickly touch.
User avatar
Ya-Blik
Dimension Master
Posts: 145
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:56 am
Location: Palladium Fantasy GM & DM

Re: Episode 1: On the Hunt (Group B)

Post by Ya-Blik »


Conditions:
Date: 19 May, 345
Time: 1630
Environment: Warm
Location: Not Llorn … Woods Somewhere nearish to Kaash (?)



Trask sighs, "Thom it doesn't really matter either way if we travel by day or night. The Horse's and Donkey are not tireless, and certainly don't see well in the dark. Also you might have mentioned a need for mounts before we started this expedition, not that they were available in Llorn in the first place. I get that your mage associate could only get us so far, but now I think it might have been faster by barge down the great canal. So is making for the bridge a better idea so as to speed up our travel or do you want to continue on the road?"

Thom's tone is level in response, "Aye, the Horses and Donkey are not tireless but at minimal speed ... we really should not be at the stage of stopping with hours left before sundown ... That's all. Belimar's beard, if we're just walking we should be able to walk longer is all, well past mid-afternoon ..." (OOC: Sunset is around 7:30-8:00pm in May)

Durak proposes taking a ferry down river and inquires, "... If we can talk to people along the way and maybe pick up the trail of the robbers that would help. Also, is the place where the attack took place enroute?" However, just then Tindish calls out, "I think I just saw something, there in the tree." ~~points~~"Small, I think. Possibly invisible."

Bonk takes a couple large strides as he casts a spell first upon himself, then on his Kobold comrade, (See the Invisible 2x, 200 feet (61 m), 4 minutes, -8 PPE)). Together the two make their way a short distance (20ish ft) off the path as the others talk.
Tindish spots movement and a small glint of sunlight a couple branches up and sees a few sets of butterfly wings fluttering in the breeze near the canopy. With a small boost from Bonk, the Kobold finds a hollow sunken between the massive lower branches and in it, a stash of a half dozen bottles of wine(?) and several handfuls of gold coins (80gp). There are no labels on the dark bottles so these could be anything from rum to burgundy, or bubbley wine (champagne) to moonshine ...

Theron pulls up rein beside the cart and looks down at Trask, Thom and Durak, "We have been talking a bit and, Lladia and I will be headed more South than you it seems. So on the far side of the river (by bridge or ferry) we'll have to take our leave."

With Thom's point made, Durak and Trask note that there are at least another 3 hours to sundown.


Butcher's Bill:
Bonk: -8 PPE
Theron: -1 Crossbow bolt
Trask:


What are you doing?
User avatar
Tolliver Trask
Group Leader
Posts: 182
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:54 pm
Contact:

Re: Episode 1: On the Hunt (Group B)

Post by Tolliver Trask »

Perception: 1d100: [92] = 92 /65%
Just in Case: 1d20: [4] = 4 ; 1d100: [15] = 15
Conditions: Sixth Sense, Resistant to Cold, Invisible Armor.

Trask sighs when something gets a majority of the groups attention. What now? Trask thinks briefly while trying to consider a plan to get them farther and further. That stupid pigeon! Trask thinks as he pulls the wooden spoon out of his bag. This will help. Trask thinks as he approaches the horse pulling the cart, and activates the wand. Trask does the same at Garrick, then himself. "Durak, I have a wand with the sustain spell from Tyral, feel like not sleeping for a few days?" Trask asks, and if Durak says yes, he'll cast it on him. Trask will approach Bonk and Tindish next as the Ogre has been relegated to walking due to his size. "Would you like a sustain spell?" Again if Bonk and Tindish say yes, he'll cast it on both of them. Trask will finally approach Ol' Thom. "There no need for food or water and only two hours of sleep a night for at least the next four days. I can cast it on you tomorrow.

If anyone tells Trask what they found. "Probably no good to come of it, but I won't stop you from taking it. But hurry it up we're burning daylight."
Suicide King
Tolliver Trask
"Tonight, boys, we're eating like kings. We've all tasted death too much it seems." ~Shawn James
P.P.E.: 10/10
I.S.P.: 38/38
H.P.: 39/39
S.D.C.: 71/71
Constant Effects
Sixth Sense, Impervious to Fire, Resistant to Cold.
Temporary Effects
None.
Weapons in Hand
Dwarven Longsword
Armor Worn
Mjorgullan Mail Uncommon Enchanted Splint (half)
• A.R.: 12
• S.D.C.: 40/40
Tower Shield of the Hex Rare Enchanted Large Wood & Metal Plated Shield
• Indestructible
User avatar
Durak
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 212
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Re: Episode 1: On the Hunt (Group B)

Post by Durak »

Perception 53% 1d100: [38] = 38
JIC 1d100: [80] = 80 1d20: [15] = 15

Durak sticks with the cart, but readies his axe in case of trouble. As they reveal what they have found, he sighs, knowing if they take it, it will go in the cart and possibly slow them further, if they had space.

Ya-Blik wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:34 am Theron pulls up rein beside the cart and looks down at Trask, Thom and Durak, "We have been talking a bit and, Lladia and I will be headed more South than you it seems. So on the far side of the river (by bridge or ferry) we'll have to take our leave."
Durak nods
"Safe journey," he wishes the Undead Slayer well.
Tolliver Trask wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:47 pm Trask thinks as he approaches the horse pulling the cart, and activates the wand. Trask does the same at Garrick, then himself. "Durak, I have a wand with the sustain spell from Tyral, feel like not sleeping for a few days?"
Durak blanches slightly at the mention of the elf's name, but nods in approval. He holds up a talisman.
"I know the spell, I have talisman that does the same that I used when we hunted the orcs. Perhaps keep mine in reserve for emergency."
Durak
HP 40
SDC 59
Cloak of protection AR12 SDC 50 Impervious to Fire
Bracers AR15
Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft,
Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
User avatar
Bonk Boree
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:20 am

Re: Episode 1: On the Hunt (Group B)

Post by Bonk Boree »

Perception: 1d100<51: [84] = 0
JIC: 1d20: [2] = 2 / 1d100: [44] = 44

((OOC: This is assuming Tindish calls down his findings to Bonk...))

Well bottles of anything stashed away in a tree isn't something you see every day... Bonk thinks to himself. And butterfly wings? Sounds like Faeries. I wonder... Bonk ponders whether or not he's heard of faeries doing this sort of thing, and what might actually be in those bottles.
Réflexions sur Bonk
Lore: Magic – General Knowledge 1d100<67: [99] = 0
Lore: Magic – Recognize Magic Circles, Runes, etc. 1d100<57: [33*] = 1
Lore: Magic – Recognize Enchantment 1d100<52: [86] = 0
Lore: Faerie Folk 1d100<57: [56*] = 1
"Hold on moment, traveling buddy," Bonk calls up. "This may be faerie stash. Let Bonk try something." He gestures and mutters under his breath before calling up into the tree. "Hallo do uewen kleng Frënn! Mir mengen Dir kee Schued. Gehéieren dës Fläschen zu Iech? A kéinte mir w.e.g. een oder zwee deelen?"*

((OOC: Casting Tongues on self (12 PPE) and speaking in Faerie Speak))
Translation
Hello up there little friends! We mean you no harm. Do these bottles belong to you? And could we please have one or two to share?
(using Luxembourgish via Google Translate)
He calls Tindish's findings out to Trask, Durak, and the others.
Tolliver Trask wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:47 pmIf anyone tells Trask what they found. "Probably no good to come of it, but I won't stop you from taking it. But hurry it up we're burning daylight."
"Understood," Bonk nods. "Also, if sustain spell will help us along Bonk is game."
User avatar
Tindish
Posts: 92
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:46 am

Re: Episode 1: On the Hunt (Group B)

Post by Tindish »

Perception: 1d100: [80] = 80 vs 30% +25% vs Concealment, Camouflage, & Palming (skills) & vs non-magic/psionic illusions
JIC: 1d20: [3] = 3 and 1d100: [2] = 2

Tindish calls down and lets the group know what he found. When Trask and Bonk mention a faerie stash he quickly puts the items back, No need to mess with faeries, he thinks to himself and climbs back down to the group.

When Trask offers him the sustain spell he accepts, "Anything to get this train moving quicker!" The look on Tindish face show he is already tiring of the tedious day in and day out of travel. "Next time we have to find a more local job," he adds in a quick quip.

Tindish looks down and strokes his pony, "Can that sustain spell work on our animals? If they don't need to eat or rest we can really speed things up!"

Tindish will ride along with the group until they decide it is time to stop.
Last edited by Tindish on Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tindish Character Sheet

Constant Abilities:
Night vision: 400ft, Day Vision: 40ft
*Sixth Sense
ISP: 112/115
HP: 20/20
SDC: 21/21
Armor: A.R:13, S.D.C.: 34/38
User avatar
Ya-Blik
Dimension Master
Posts: 145
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:56 am
Location: Palladium Fantasy GM & DM

Re: Episode 1: On the Hunt (Group B)

Post by Ya-Blik »


Conditions:
Date: 20 May, 345
Time: 500
Environment: Warm
Location: Not Llorn … Woods Somewhere nearish to Kaash (?), and


After some collective concern about taking random alcohol from a giving-tree, Bonk casts Tongues and calls out, "Hello up there little friends! We mean you no harm. Do these bottles belong to you? And could we please have one or two to share?" but no response finds its way back through the canopy. (OOC: the Tongues spell kind of threw me there, going to think about it for the future I had a different application stuck in my thick skull).

Tindish opts to just leave the bottles be, and clambers back down in time for Trask to start lobbing supportive spells like a priest, while wondering if this thing is going to impact his ability to get drunk and sleep it off. Only Durak even seems to notice the musical lilt of tiny-laughter as the Kobold and his cohort return to the cart.

Thusly imbued with the stamina of a pack of Tuskers, Trask's cadre of misfits march off into the evening with a spring in their steps. They walk, then amble, then trudge up hills and down, and up, and down through sunset, and moonrise, and into the wee hours before calling it a night well after midnight. It has been a good day of travel with over 70 miles travelled, but eventually Night-guide Tindish's eyes begin to droop (around 1:45 am), and a halt is called in the midst of a very dark, very quiet copse of woods.

OOC: Tindish make sure you roll those dice - I forget too, just try

After a luxurious 3 hours of sleep, you all waken rested as the sky begins to hint at another sunrise.


Butcher's Bill:
Bonk: Sustain
Durak: Sustain
Tindish: Sustain
Trask: Sustain
~Horse: Sustain
~Garrick: Sustain


What are you doing?
User avatar
Tindish
Posts: 92
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:46 am

Re: Episode 1: On the Hunt (Group B)

Post by Tindish »

Perception: 1d100: [27] = 27 vs 30% +25% vs Concealment, Camouflage, & Palming (skills) & vs non-magic/psionic illusions
JIC: 1d20: [10] = 10 and 1d100: [69] = 69

Tindish mount his Pony, "Maybe one day we will see a real town again." He longs for the creature comforts that organized civilization offer. Tindish will ride and follow the group closely during the day, moving to a lead position when it gets dark. He will sleep when they stop and eat when it is time. He will continue to do these things until they either get to their destination or they are interrupted in their travels.
Tindish Character Sheet

Constant Abilities:
Night vision: 400ft, Day Vision: 40ft
*Sixth Sense
ISP: 112/115
HP: 20/20
SDC: 21/21
Armor: A.R:13, S.D.C.: 34/38
User avatar
Bonk Boree
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:20 am

Re: Episode 1: On the Hunt (Group B)

Post by Bonk Boree »

Perception: 1d100<51: [5*] = 1 :
JIC: 1d20: [2] = 2 / 1d100: [77] = 77

When the group finally stops, Bonk creates a water trough for the horses (and one for Tindish if he wants it) before unfurling his bedroll and settling down for the night. He wakes in the morning with a yawn truly befitting an ogre and stretches to get the joints limber again. "Bonk has always been fond of power naps as general principle, but am especially fond of that last one."

He packs up his kit while humming to himself and even lobs a few Cleanse spells on his companions that may be in need of them (perceived or otherwise). He spends the day splitting time between walking and riding in the cart -- if the horse pulling it seems to not be in too big a strain with him in it he'll spend more time riding and meditating to recover any spent PPE. And of course he'll be humming along the way with the occasional song here and there. If asked/commented on the subject of why he's humming/singing and not yodeling he'll respond with "yodeling is best done on side of mountain where echoes are clear. Forests are not good yodeling territory with so many trees blocking sound."
Tindish wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:46 am"Maybe one day we will see a real town again."
Bonk nods. "Has always been question in back of Bonk's mind: why are towns and cities founded where they are? Has anyone ever walked along long lonely road like this and said 'this is good place for town; let's build one here?' It is not what one would call 'burning' question, but question all the same..." he adds with a shrug.
User avatar
Durak
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 212
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Re: Episode 1: On the Hunt (Group B)

Post by Durak »

Perception: 1d100<53%: [53] = 0
JIC 1d100: [73] = 73 1d20: [11] = 11
Ya-Blik wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:47 pm Only Durak even seems to notice the musical lilt of tiny-laughter as the Kobold and his cohort return to the cart.
Sounds like we avoided a problem there then.

Having previously used the sustain spell, travelling the long distance without sleep didn't bother him. When Tindish started acting as the eyes in the dark, Durak tried to rely as much on his own nightvision as possible.

Taking a short sleep, he readies the cart and horse for the next stage of their journey

"Let's get moving. How many more miles until our destination?"
Durak
HP 40
SDC 59
Cloak of protection AR12 SDC 50 Impervious to Fire
Bracers AR15
Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft,
Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
User avatar
Tolliver Trask
Group Leader
Posts: 182
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:54 pm
Contact:

Re: Episode 1: On the Hunt (Group B)

Post by Tolliver Trask »

Perception: 1d100: [98] = 98 /65%
Just in Case: 1d20: [2] = 2 ; 1d100: [5] = 5
Conditions: Sixth Sense, Resistant to Cold, Invisible armor, Sustain.
Tindish wrote:"Maybe one day we will see a real town again."
Trask nods. "Sooner than later."
Bonk Boree wrote:"Has always been question in back of Bonk's mind: why are towns and cities founded where they are? Has anyone ever walked along long lonely road like this and said 'this is good place for town; let's build one here?' It is not what one would call 'burning' question, but question all the same..." he adds with a shrug.
Trask shrugs. "Wouldn't be surprised if that has happened. Most towns are settled because of a resource." Trask says to try and answer with his limited education.
Durak wrote:"Let's get moving. How many more miles until our destination?"
"Probably a few hundred more." Trask says.

Trask keeps on moving, setting up short camps when the group needs to sleep, re casting Sustain on the group as needed. Trask will urge the group on until either they reach their destination or something blocks their path.
Suicide King
Tolliver Trask
"Tonight, boys, we're eating like kings. We've all tasted death too much it seems." ~Shawn James
P.P.E.: 10/10
I.S.P.: 38/38
H.P.: 39/39
S.D.C.: 71/71
Constant Effects
Sixth Sense, Impervious to Fire, Resistant to Cold.
Temporary Effects
None.
Weapons in Hand
Dwarven Longsword
Armor Worn
Mjorgullan Mail Uncommon Enchanted Splint (half)
• A.R.: 12
• S.D.C.: 40/40
Tower Shield of the Hex Rare Enchanted Large Wood & Metal Plated Shield
• Indestructible
User avatar
Ya-Blik
Dimension Master
Posts: 145
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:56 am
Location: Palladium Fantasy GM & DM

Re: Episode 1: On the Hunt (Group B)

Post by Ya-Blik »


Conditions:
Date: 29 May, 345
Time: 600
Environment: Warm
Location: North of Greenbough



After two days of road travel, Trask and company take a bridge across the Uttawa river to a small city called the town of Harvest. They take a barge eastward along the Great River for four days to a small town called Tekal that captain Calor says is about 3 days north of Greenbough County (just head south along the Trade Road). The innkeeper at Ye Olde Aggressive Raspberry (which kindly offers to allow your Ogre and Kobold membership a barn stall) recognizes the name 'Band of the Blue Hand' as the name of a group who have been raiding caravans and robbing small groups throughout the Highback Plains for the couple years. Rumors regarding their membership vary, some claim a human former-pirate named Roberts is their leader. A caravan guard warming a barstool claims the Blue Hands are the puppets of a disembodied flaming eye. Another patron claims that a trio of giants founded the group to run humans out of lands around the stone circles that dot the area.

Sunrise the following morning finds the group well rested as they congregate for the morning meal (or go shop or whatever you people are doing ...).

OOC: You can use the Eastern Territory town of Williamshire (Eastern Territory Pg 176) to give an idea of what this town is like and what is available, with the minor notable additions of: 1) the Inn (Ye Olde Aggressive Raspberry (***)), and 2) Floating Docks (see Eastern Territory Pg 119).


Butcher's Bill:
Bonk: Sustain
Durak: Sustain
Tindish: Sustain
Trask: Sustain
-- Horse: Sustain
-- Garrick the Mule: Sustain


What are you doing?
User avatar
Tindish
Posts: 92
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:46 am

Re: Episode 1: On the Hunt (Group B)

Post by Tindish »

Perception: 1d100: [59] = 59 vs 30% +25% vs Concealment, Camouflage, & Palming (skills) & vs non-magic/psionic illusions
JIC: 1d20: [13] = 13 and 1d100: [41] = 41

Tindish wakes in the stall next to Bonk, more than a little perturbed. "Back wood, uncivilized, unintelligent people still looking at us like we are monsters. When will the world change? When will they accept us?" He stands and wipes hay from his clothes and hair. Taking a quick peek in the stall next to theirs he checks on his steed and Trask's donkey. If they aren't already eating he will bring them hay and water.

"I had so hoped a touch of civility would be found here, I mean, I guess." Tindish cocks his head slightly, maybe this was their gesture? He turns to look directly at Bonk, "You don't think they thought they were being generous by putting us in the stable with the animals do you?" he pauses for a second to consider the thought, could they be that backwards? Nah.

Shaking the thought from his mind he re-focuses on what is more important. "I guess we need to find Trask and Durak, do we need to purchase some food before moving on?"

While Tindish works to pack up from the previous night he considers all the tales being told about the band of the blue hand and feels a pang of jealousy climb up his spine as he bristles at the thought of their notoriety. One day folks will tell tales like that about us! He chuffs slightly with a harumph and asks Bonk, "Do you think any of the tales about the Band are true? Me, I think its all folk lore. They probably made most of it up and spread it themselves." He smiles at the last thought, That, is not a bad idea.

Not having anything to shop for personally Tindish will make himself ready to follow along with the group and or help with any shopping and packing that may need to be done.
Tindish Character Sheet

Constant Abilities:
Night vision: 400ft, Day Vision: 40ft
*Sixth Sense
ISP: 112/115
HP: 20/20
SDC: 21/21
Armor: A.R:13, S.D.C.: 34/38
User avatar
Tolliver Trask
Group Leader
Posts: 182
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:54 pm
Contact:

Re: Episode 1: On the Hunt (Group B)

Post by Tolliver Trask »

Perception: 1d100: [62] = 62 /65%
Just in Case: 1d20: [8] = 8 ; 1d100: [99] = 99
Conditions: Sixth Sense, Invisible Armor, Resistant to Cold.

Trask takes the minimum amount of time to sleep, before getting up and making his way outside. He paces for the most part due to it being too early for him to bother the locals. Once the sun has risen, Trask makes his way to the local Barracks of Ruga. If anyone is outside he'll speak with them there, if not he knocks on the door.

"Excuse me, I am Tolliver Trask, I am seeking information on the bandit group known as the Band of the Blue Hand. We're hunting for them for a robbery they committed approximately two weeks ago. We've been traveling hard from Llorn, and have a few days to go before we hit the location near the attack." Trask says with hope for some cooperation.
Suicide King
Tolliver Trask
"Tonight, boys, we're eating like kings. We've all tasted death too much it seems." ~Shawn James
P.P.E.: 10/10
I.S.P.: 38/38
H.P.: 39/39
S.D.C.: 71/71
Constant Effects
Sixth Sense, Impervious to Fire, Resistant to Cold.
Temporary Effects
None.
Weapons in Hand
Dwarven Longsword
Armor Worn
Mjorgullan Mail Uncommon Enchanted Splint (half)
• A.R.: 12
• S.D.C.: 40/40
Tower Shield of the Hex Rare Enchanted Large Wood & Metal Plated Shield
• Indestructible
User avatar
Ya-Blik
Dimension Master
Posts: 145
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:56 am
Location: Palladium Fantasy GM & DM

Re: Episode 1: On the Hunt (Group B)

Post by Ya-Blik »


Conditions:
Date: 29 May, 345
Time: 630
Environment: Warm
Location: North of Greenbough



Tindish wakes in the stall of Ye Olde Aggressive Raspberry 's barn next to Bonk, more than a little perturbed. He finds Bonk to be seated in a meditative position as be begins to complain to the unmoving ogre, "Back wood, uncivilized, unintelligent people still looking at us like we are monsters. When will the world change? When will they accept us? ... I had so hoped a touch of civility would be found here, I mean, I guess ... You don't think they thought they were being generous by putting us in the stable with the animals do you? ... I guess we need to find Trask and Durak, do we need to purchase some food before moving on?"

Tindish begins to pack up his bedroll from the previous night, "Do you think any of the tales about the Band are true? Me, I think its all folk lore. They probably made most of it up and spread it themselves." The only sound he finds in response is the whickering from a nearby stall ...

Meanwhile Trask rises early and he is at the gates to the [wooden palisade] of the Barracks of Rurga of this riverside town. A pair of axe-wielding guards in leather jerkins open at his knock, "Excuse me, I am Tolliver Trask, I am seeking information on the bandit group known as the Band of the Blue Hand. We're hunting for them for a robbery they committed approximately two weeks ago. We've been traveling hard from Llorn, and have a few days to go before we hit the location near the attack."

The elder guard clears his throat, "Tekal is a long way from Llorn Master Trask, welcome. The Band of the Blue Hand have been raiding caravans across the Highback Plains for several years. My cousin Tesai told me they are led by a dreadful pirate named Roberts."



Butcher's Bill:
Bonk: Sustain
Durak: Sustain
Tindish: Sustain
Trask: Sustain
-- Horse: Sustain
-- Garrick the Mule: Sustain


What are you doing?
User avatar
Tolliver Trask
Group Leader
Posts: 182
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:54 pm
Contact:

Re: Episode 1: On the Hunt (Group B)

Post by Tolliver Trask »

Perception: 1d100: [15] = 15 /65%
Just in Case: 1d20: [10] = 10 ; 1d100: [78] = 78
Conditions: Sixth Sense, Resistant to Cold, Invisible Armor.

Trask listens to the guards and nods along, but deep down he's dissatisfied with their answer. "I thank you for the information good sirs, I wish you a good day." Trask says before making his way back to the cart and animals. Trask goes about thee process of setting up the wagons and Garrick's pack harness. "The town knows very little about the Band of the Blue Hand, but they do say they've been active raiding the Highback plains for several years, so at least we have a general area, even if it cover several thousand square miles. I suggest we continue with haste to Greenbough, and start our search in earnest there." Trask says while working. Once the animals are packed, Trask motions for the group to move on, as there isn't much in the village to help them. Trask will push the group forward, only using the two hours required by the spell to sleep. Recasting Sustain as needed among the group.
Suicide King
Tolliver Trask
"Tonight, boys, we're eating like kings. We've all tasted death too much it seems." ~Shawn James
P.P.E.: 10/10
I.S.P.: 38/38
H.P.: 39/39
S.D.C.: 71/71
Constant Effects
Sixth Sense, Impervious to Fire, Resistant to Cold.
Temporary Effects
None.
Weapons in Hand
Dwarven Longsword
Armor Worn
Mjorgullan Mail Uncommon Enchanted Splint (half)
• A.R.: 12
• S.D.C.: 40/40
Tower Shield of the Hex Rare Enchanted Large Wood & Metal Plated Shield
• Indestructible
User avatar
Tindish
Posts: 92
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:46 am

Re: Episode 1: On the Hunt (Group B)

Post by Tindish »

Perception: 1d100: [53] = 53 vs 30% +25% vs Concealment, Camouflage, & Palming (skills) & vs non-magic/psionic illusions
JIC: 1d20: [13] = 13 and 1d100: [61] = 61

When Trask comes in to prepare Garrick and the cart Tindish takes the opportunity to rant, "Can you believe, they treated us like animals. Animals. Because my skin is green? They are no better than..." Tindish pauses and looks around, "Well, no better that that racist little, point hat, scrub jay." Tindish continues, "Slept in the hay like cattle. And they probably thought they were being generous." Tindish helps loading the cart.

In his best mocking voice, "See manalus, we are good people. We gave the green monster some hay to sleep on."

Tindish let's deep sigh escape as he mounts his pony. "Maybe the next town," he says while patting Zynn, "Maybe the next town will treat us better. What do you think Mr. Bonk?"

When Trask motions for the group to move on Tindish will follow and continue to lead at night the best he can when the others site is reduced.

Mumbling for days while he itches himself, "Damn hay had flees..." and "Not right, not fair..." and "What if I made them sleep in the hay...
Tindish Character Sheet

Constant Abilities:
Night vision: 400ft, Day Vision: 40ft
*Sixth Sense
ISP: 112/115
HP: 20/20
SDC: 21/21
Armor: A.R:13, S.D.C.: 34/38
User avatar
Durak
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 212
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Re: Episode 1: On the Hunt (Group B)

Post by Durak »

Perception 1d100<53: [42*] = 1
jic 1d100: [92] = 92 1d20: [14] = 14

Still under the effects of the Sustain spell, Durak didn't need much rest. Musing that their quarry might have sold items here, he decided that he should try to find the local fence or underworld figure. Try and narrow it down where they are a bit

Staying up later and listening to the drunks talk and with a little prompting by Durak, he sees if a name pops up.

streetwise 1d100<60%: [31*] = 1

If he is successful, he will find a way to introduce himself to the person and quietly ask his question.

"I am looking to get in contact with the Band of the Blue Hand. Rumour has it that you might be aware of a method to do so or at least a better idea of where we might someone who would be better placed to assist."

invoke trust 1d100<30: [62] = 0

If Durak thinks a few gold might be of assistance, he will cross their palm.
Durak
HP 40
SDC 59
Cloak of protection AR12 SDC 50 Impervious to Fire
Bracers AR15
Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft,
Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
User avatar
Ya-Blik
Dimension Master
Posts: 145
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:56 am
Location: Palladium Fantasy GM & DM

Re: Episode 1: On the Hunt (Group B)

Post by Ya-Blik »


Conditions:
Date: 29 May, 345
Time: 1430
Environment: Warm
Location: North of Greenbough



Durak's foray into the bar does not net him anything particularly useful. He is told that no one waving a blue hand has come in since the group's raiding and violence began to escalate, "Mack Andax came in with green hands a couple weeks ago, but he got into some faerie beans or something while hunting up mushrooms." In the barkeep's opinion, bandit types seldom announce themselves in a town of any significant size. Caravans, traders and guards come through often to cross the river, get access to a passing barge to head up or downstream so travelers are not uncommon.

Trasks takes his leave of the guards at the Barracks of Rurga, and proceeds back to the Inn to gather the others and set off. Once more land-bound the group are treated to a string of indignant complaints and whining from Tindish regarding race relations and equality, despite his own clan's traditional practice of eating other races. About 8-hours outside of town , having met up with the Trade Road to go south, the Trask Gang + a gnomish ride-along sight their first caravan up ahead about 1/4 mile. It is about 30 wagons long with drivers, porters, and guards and seems to be stopped (likely for a mid-day break as you see no indications of trouble from here).



Butcher's Bill:
Bonk: Sustain
Durak: Sustain
Tindish: Sustain
Trask: Sustain
-- Horse: Sustain
-- Garrick the Mule: Sustain


What are you doing?
User avatar
Tindish
Posts: 92
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:46 am

Re: Episode 1: On the Hunt (Group B)

Post by Tindish »

Perception: 1d100: [12] = 12 vs 30% +25% vs Concealment, Camouflage, & Palming (skills) & vs non-magic/psionic illusions
JIC: 1d20: [4] = 4 and 1d100: [5] = 5

Tindish pulls back on the reins of his Pony, seeing the Caravan as it is big, but not close enough to see details. "Do we just stroll up? If the last village is any guide, these people will likely look down on Bonk and I. Maybe we should hang back?"

Tindish thinks on the option for a second, "I would need to get much closer to be any sort of help, but getting closer may set these folks on edge." he wonders for a second, Unless, maybe they are creatures like me. He asks the group, "Can anyone see them clearly?"
Tindish Character Sheet

Constant Abilities:
Night vision: 400ft, Day Vision: 40ft
*Sixth Sense
ISP: 112/115
HP: 20/20
SDC: 21/21
Armor: A.R:13, S.D.C.: 34/38
User avatar
Durak
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 212
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Re: Episode 1: On the Hunt (Group B)

Post by Durak »

perception 1d100<53: [59] = 0
jic 1d100: [37] = 37 1d20: [2] = 2


Sadly no narrowing down where they are. What Trask found out still leaves a massive area to search. Have to find ways to narrow it down.

As they approach the caravan, Durak slows their speed whilst they decide what to do next.
Tindish wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 7:15 am Tindish thinks on the option for a second, "I would need to get much closer to be any sort of help, but getting closer may set these folks on edge." he wonders for a second, Unless, maybe they are creatures like me. He asks the group, "Can anyone see them clearly?"
"This large a caravan, not likely to be bandits, but if they are anyway competent, there should be some pickets or the like. They may know more about what happened." Durak tugs at his beard and thinks. "If you are worried, let's make contact first and go from there."
Dice rolls
Perception 1d100<53: [12*] = 1
jic 1d100: [35] = 35
1d20: [9] = 9
streetwise 1d100<60: [75] = 0
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 1d100<30%: [98] = 0
Durak
HP 40
SDC 59
Cloak of protection AR12 SDC 50 Impervious to Fire
Bracers AR15
Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft,
Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
User avatar
Bonk Boree
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:20 am

Re: Episode 1: On the Hunt (Group B)

Post by Bonk Boree »

Perception: 1d100<51: [28*] = 1
JIC: 1d20: [17] = 17 / 1d100: [95] = 95

Conditions:
- Sustain
Tindish wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:51 pmTindish wakes in the stall next to Bonk, more than a little perturbed. "Back wood, uncivilized, unintelligent people still looking at us like we are monsters. When will the world change? When will they accept us?"

"I had so hoped a touch of civility would be found here, I mean, I guess. You don't think they thought they were being generous by putting us in the stable with the animals do you?"

"I guess we need to find Trask and Durak, do we need to purchase some food before moving on?"
Bonk opens an eye. "No, is not royal suite... but is warm and dry with company that could make noise if someone comes round with less-than-friendly intentions." He stands up and stretches with a massive yawn. "First few weeks in mountains, Mother and I had to bed down in dank, dreary, dripping cave before home sweet home was built. Whenever strangers show 'generosity' with accommodations in stable or some such, Bonk thinks back to those days. Compared to that just about anything more than a rainy ditch feels luxurious. Here, let us get night's hay off you." He reaches out and casts a cleanse spell on Tindish. "Is not nice hot bath, but next best thing yah?"

As they're packing up and loading up Tindish's mount and the cart he adds, "try to not take personal, Traveling Buddy. In sleepy little towns like this, threats are many and anything -- or anyone -- that doesn't look familiar doesn't get benefit of doubt at first. If we were to stay here long, Bonk is sure charming personalities of Trask Gang would win over even grumpiest of citizens. Who knows? Years from now, innkeeper that put us in stable could be nailing up signs that say 'Trask Gang Slept Here' and put items on menu named after us."
Tindish wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:51 pm"Do you think any of the tales about the Band are true? Me, I think its all folk lore. They probably made most of it up and spread it themselves."
Bonk chuckles. "The best lies are based in truth -- at least in part. Bonk believes telling truth is best as is easiest to remember, but outside of setting stories straight where necessary is no harm in letting stories grow like beanstalks in fairy tales. That is how legends are born, after all."

((OOC: I'm guessing that given the size of the town and the fact we've already moved on there was no chance for Bonk to have an in-game chance to learn these spells purchased back in September? I've also got a third spell that's red in the list but can't find the EP marketplace purchase post; may not have gone back far enough...))

Bonk helps with the shopping/packing as needed and walks alongside/rides in the cart along the way until the caravan is spotted.
Tindish wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 7:15 am"Do we just stroll up? If the last village is any guide, these people will likely look down on Bonk and I. Maybe we should hang back?"
Durak wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 12:10 pm"This large a caravan, not likely to be bandits, but if they are anyway competent, there should be some pickets or the like. They may know more about what happened." Durak tugs at his beard and thinks. "If you are worried, let's make contact first and go from there."
Bonk nods. "And probably already know we are here anyway. If Trask Gang turns around or stops, could give impression we are up to something." He looks around at the others. "in other words... ride casually, act friendly, and let Trask do talking for Trask Gang?"
User avatar
Tolliver Trask
Group Leader
Posts: 182
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:54 pm
Contact:

Re: Episode 1: On the Hunt (Group B)

Post by Tolliver Trask »

Perception: 1d100: [48] = 48 /65%
Just in Case: 1d20: [20] = 20 ; 1d100: [65] = 65
Conditions: Sixth Sense, Invisible Armor, Resistant to Cold.
Tindish wrote:"Do we just stroll up? If the last village is any guide, these people will likely look down on Bonk and I. Maybe we should hang back?"

Tindish thinks on the option for a second, "I would need to get much closer to be any sort of help, but getting closer may set these folks on edge." he wonders for a second, Unless, maybe they are creatures like me. He asks the group, "Can anyone see them clearly?"
Durak wrote:"This large a caravan, not likely to be bandits, but if they are anyway competent, there should be some pickets or the like. They may know more about what happened." Durak tugs at his beard and thinks. "If you are worried, let's make contact first and go from there."
Bonk Boree wrote:"And probably already know we are here anyway. If Trask Gang turns around or stops, could give impression we are up to something." He looks around at the others. "in other words... ride casually, act friendly, and let Trask do talking for Trask Gang?"
Trask listens to the others talk as they near the caravan. Sighing, Trask speaks. "We'll ask if they heard of the bandits or the missing caravan, and if they do trade for the information, if they don't we keep moving." Trask says. Next job we take, we take distance in consideration, this trip is draining. Trask thinks as the group makes way to pass the caravan.

As they get close. "My name is Tolliver Trask, have you heard of or ran into a group of bandits called the Band of the Blue Hand? or heard of another caravan being destroyed recently?" Trask asks one of the obvious guards as they make their way past.

If the caravan has viable information, Trask will stop and listen. If they don't, he will motion for his group to keep on the move, as they have wasted enough time on travel.
Suicide King
Tolliver Trask
"Tonight, boys, we're eating like kings. We've all tasted death too much it seems." ~Shawn James
P.P.E.: 10/10
I.S.P.: 38/38
H.P.: 39/39
S.D.C.: 71/71
Constant Effects
Sixth Sense, Impervious to Fire, Resistant to Cold.
Temporary Effects
None.
Weapons in Hand
Dwarven Longsword
Armor Worn
Mjorgullan Mail Uncommon Enchanted Splint (half)
• A.R.: 12
• S.D.C.: 40/40
Tower Shield of the Hex Rare Enchanted Large Wood & Metal Plated Shield
• Indestructible
Post Reply

Return to “Fantasy Adventures”