In Llorn ... But for How Long? (Group A)

Only adventured-related threads are found here.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Post Reply
User avatar
Ya-Blik
Dimension Master
Posts: 172
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:56 am
Location: Palladium Fantasy GM & DM

In Llorn ... But for How Long? (Group A)

Post by Ya-Blik »

Date: 17 September, 345
Time: 2020
Environment: Clear and calm
Location: Llorn, The Crooked Dog Inn




Gathering round the table Silhouette finds Ravenscroft, Ramsis, and their respective familiars have answered the summons to join herself and Azure who promptly begins to poke through the thoughts of others in the room. Azure finds that there does not seem to be much overt hostility or any angry-looking glances cast his way, though he receives a flinching-sniff from their serving lady and her thoughts barely contain that both you and Gaozir appear filthy and smell, right up until she takes a second look at the dirt-caked and white haired man with the bird mask and ponders if maybe he's the source of the smell.

Doctor Ravenscroft takes his mask and hat off and, hanging them from the back of his seat and motions for Ramsis to take a seat, "I see you're alive. Haven't heard from you in months. What have you been doing?" Ravenscroft says with slight annoyance. Doctor Ravenscroft looks to the folk entering the tavern before looking back at Ramsis. Another sip of ale. "Nothing but normal work for me, for the last few months." Ravenscroft says, without being prompted. "Bought a house, and have been practicing medicine for those who rather not have people wondering how they got hurt." Ramsis explains he has gone through a bit of formal schooling, but that is now ended.

Silhouette introduces Azure to the others and vice versa,"Hello…was it Doctor? This ogre is Azure. Long ago we met for a brief bit of employ on behalf of Llorn to deal with an … issue of children being abducted. Found him again near the Shattered Mountains. He’s blind, but dang somehow doesn’t walk into walls and looks right at ya no matter how you sneak around him. Trust me, I tried…dozens of times.” Laughing she lightly backhands the ogre and says, "This is Doctor Ravenscroft.” When they are seated she casts See Aura to give herself insight into those assembled. They are largely as they appear given her prior experience, all are fairly experiences (4th to 7th lvl); Ravenscroft and Ramsis have significant spellcasting energy that is high but not as high as her own, and Azure is still psychic with a comparable amount of energy to hers. Both the Northerner and the Dwarf have multiple magic items about their persons. She takes that moment as well to regard the patrons sitting nearest their table, curious if she might induct anyone else into her plans or if to be wary of their presence. There's a fairly high level Orc of nearly Azure's size in a chainmail shirt with a magic morning star on the far side of the room who seems to be giving all of his attention to a bowl of stew, but most of the others seem lower level soldiers or tradesmen.

Silhouette's brow crinkles as she explains,"I have been for months studying with a Master Wizard in preparation for the coming days." Sil shakes her head with a cloud of frustration tightening her features as she says,"I must remind myself that none of you have seen the growing darkness my former companions and myself have witnessed ... " she breathes in deeply and out slowly as she begins sidling up to the table and bringing everyone into her confidence,“Now for why. I have been away for these past months originally in search of Western encroachment from the south due to the orc horde traveling north.” Ravenscroft and Ramsis recall her departure from the cave prior to their own trip to Llorn, but note that the City has not had any hordes of attacking Orcs, Coyles, or anything else in the last few months. Food has been relatively stable if expensive, and trade along the Great Canal has resumed.

The teen-girl launches into a recount of her trip culminating in her having discovered unknown evidence from a dead man that has led her to believe her father has been killed, likely by a man who summons wolves. Continuing, she seems to be unraveling a thread with extreme care, "But that is not the only goal I bring you together to resolve. The murderer, the Man, the man in shadow as I do not know his face was after an artifact of Lopnel the Red. A Yin-Sloth deity of war and nearly a god of Chaos. The weapon was taken to…” Pausing she changes her words,”Taken to a safe place but I think it could be used to draw the shadowed man out.” It is unclear whether the teen-mystic is sure of what or where the item is, but she continues, "Llorn recently dealt with Western interference and I’m certain this man is from the West as well. A summoner… I last saw my father when Western mages attacked us and so he had me flee to Llorn, the shadow wolves and this knowledge make me certain he is a Western summoner.” Sighing Silhouette continues and a rambling proposition issues forth,”The irony that the four of us do not come from Llorn and our actions would do The East service is not lost on me. I do not believe any would pay you or I for finding this summoner and stopping whatever he plans with the artifact of Lopnel, which he may be trying to obtain now though he could have abandoned the effort too ... The six of you are capable, but as much as I’m willing to do anything to get that sword back I do not know if you are ready. That is, I have barely seen your capacity and as I want my father’s sword returned to him, I fear we would have only one chance to succeed if and when we find the shadowed man. And a poor chance at that presently. I would pay you for this venture as I have a fair collection in the last year to barter for your help. First we would have to find the man and this will take time. Time I think we can spend looking while also performing other tasks between the rivers of Hadrian's Cove and Wisdom as I believe the man resides near the Shattered Lands if not wholly within them. And if we are lucky we may find a patron who would take to considering the danger of a Yin-Sloth War god’s artifact being used against the East.”

It seems she wants to hire you to find someone who might have her father's sword, and an artifact from a Southern war-god. With characteristic candor Doc asks, "So in short you want to hire us to look for a sword. How much are you offering for what you say is a nigh impossible task?"

At this point a clearing throat can be heard from off to Silhouette's left and another thickly built Orc (this one with a falchion on his hip) steps up to the table, "Man with big wolf said bring this here." He places a small chest on the table in front of Silhouette and walks away.
The Chest Contains
A small written note to Silhouette from Tyral: Payment from last job. Good luck. T.
and 19,000 gold
https://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/v ... 2#p1382062
https://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/v ... 8#p1381708


Butcher's Bill:
Azure: -8 ISP
Doc:
Ramsis:
Silhouette: -47 PPE


What are you doing?
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 402
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01
Contact:

Re: In Llorn ... But for How Long? (Group A)

Post by Silhouette »

JIC: 1d20: [17] = 17 1d100: [23] = 23
Perc: 68% / 1d100: [37] = 37
Doctor Ravenscroft wrote:Doctor Ravenscroft looks baffled at Silhouette. "So you've been studying. While you were gone it seems the group broke up, as we haven't had any contact with each other for months. I have no clue where Predat or Tyral are, and this is the first time I've seen Ramsis since we got here. I've been keeping myself busy living. As for the city, other than some seemingly minor issues, it's been real quiet." The doctor says, keeping his recent knowledge to himself.
Ah the crux of the exposition. Doc thinks. "So in short you want to hire us to look for a sword. How much are you offering for what you say is a nigh impossible task?" Doctor Ravenscroft asks, before finishing his ale. Doubt it's worth it, but it could be something to do. Ravenscroft thinks dourly.
Orc 1 & 2 wrote:At this point a clearing throat can be heard from off to Silhouette's left and another thickly built Orc (this one with a falchion on his hip) steps up to the table, "Man with big wolf said bring this here." He places a small chest on the table in front of Silhouette and walks away.
Silhouette smiles demurely in reply to the Doctor as minutes pass while she studies the man's face this first time he had removed his mask thinking on the words,"Quiet..." (OOC: Ravenscroft, what does she see there in his face,eyes, lines, wear, shape, etc) She begins to open her mouth to speak when the orc clears his throat. A tingle of alarm crawls up her back, even though she knows her prescience to danger would warn her of an attack, she couldn't stamp out the moment of being startled when caught off guard. Silhouette raises her eyes to the orc that coughs as her back finds the brace of her chair behind her giving him a tilt of her head in forced curiosity. The falchion orc subsequently gains her attention as he places the chest on the table while she notes thoughtfully,"That says employed with deadly intent...." Looking back and forth between the two orcs Silhouette's curious expression breaks into puzzled bemusement at the words that clearly describe Tyral and Brago. Silhouette lifts the chest as she gauges the weight with her hands as she considers,"Heavy." Her thoughts flip to the orcs in relation to the falchion and their transport of money,"And..."

Silhouette quickly halts the two orcs in gobblely determined to know who she might call on in the future if she needed such a reliable service ,"What agency or residence should I send my thanks for your trust?" She would look later as she was fairly certain there was money in the box, though they could have taken from it and she wouldn't know unless a ledger was inside. Tapping her finger against the top she wonders,"Where did you get this much Tyral? And wow, three months and it was here for me!" She really couldn't imagine their outing would have earned more than a bag of gold, let alone a damn coffer yet here it was.

As the orcs depart Silhouette looks down and to the floor of the Crooked Dog Inn as she raises her eyes to the white haired Ravenscroft from under her brow. Silhouette's fingers slowly drum the chest before she suddenly bursts with an incredulous laugh,"Quiet!" Sil croaks in shock,"Ravenscroft, you have indeed been busy with your head down and just living to see Llorn as only that." Silhouette looks to Ramsis in turn beckoning that he challenge Ravenscroft with his experience of Llorn as she rebukes the white haired man with a scoff as she asks,"You are a Doctor? Is it not your business to tell the alive from the dead? How then have you come to not know the pulse of this city? Only the guard know their city second to what healer should. Just as a chirurgen on a battlefield knows the state of the conflict by the numbers of wounded arriving to their tent and the dead leaving, so does the Doctor know how a city labors for breath or when it is burgeoning with many babies. So Doctor, if you insist that Llorn is quiet, then we must reside in a corpse as it can only be a symptom of unmoving heart...."

Silhouette works her mind back to the three months of considerable thought she had put into the task ahead while studying with Master Rabb and back to the reason she asked them here. Silhouette argues with Ravenscroft on the impossibility of this task as she lets the lofty way she is addressing them slip a moment at the onset of her question,"A very doctory thing to do, distilling my words down to a mere prognosis. No, not impossible, but only a mystery. Imagine yourself residing in a deep pit with no escape. The pit seems impossible to escape if you do not know how to dig, tie a rope, or build a ladder no matter how many resources at your feet there may be. But if you do. If you know to dig the earth for roots, to weave them to rope, to bind that rope around the wood you may find, and to set that to raise yourself high... Well... That knowledge makes what seems unlikely, even impossible all but certain!" Wringing her hands as if washing away the grime and dirt she imagined she ends that line of thought in reference to his and her own magical aptitude,"As one knows when they practice their intonation and recitation with patience and knowledge, because effort well considered brings reward. Each new incantation is one more root, one more rope, one more ladder."

Silhouette continues back to the immediate plans while pressing a stiff finger the dark tip into the table turning white with the fleeing blood as she says,"Any of you propose a task that puts you three, us four, to the test here in Llorn worthy of a split of this incentive to participate in my..test of you." Silhouette brings her hands forward as she smooths them over the chest to accentuate her point continuing as she says,"You see. I need folks that can work together. Who can show they are able to be thoughtful to details, patient to see when slowness is necessary, and who can see a thing done to the end once their word is given. Folks who can, to keep the analogy going, dig for roots, make rope, and build a ladder with what they are given when it all would seem impossible to another. Prove that you are who I need and you get this to make yourselves ready along with a split of whatever gains we make in the task." Her hands continuing to play across the chest as she says,"The pay will be similarly handled with the spoils of the venture I hire you for. But in this case, if the spoils do not meet four times your split here, I promise the difference from my various enchanted items in value. Either way you have a certainty of being paid well. The venture as you said Doctor, to find a particular man's sword."

Silhouette turns her head from one to the next of the three and watches, merely waiting silently.
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 164/164 | I.S.P.: 58/58 | H.P.: 45/45 | S.D.C.:65/65
Conditions:Sixth Sense, Recognize various magics(see O.O.C. special abilities)
Armor: Studded Leather (AR13 / 38/38 SDC (-5% mobility)
Weapon: In-Hand: Bow. On person: Silver dagger & two dwarven daggers in sheath at belt, 2x throwing inside wrist armor/2x throwing in boots & 36 arrows on back.
Image
User avatar
Doctor Ravenscroft
Posts: 58
Joined: Sat May 09, 2020 12:15 pm

Re: In Llorn ... But for How Long? (Group A)

Post by Doctor Ravenscroft »

Perception: 1d100: [91] = 91 /49%
Just in Case: 1d20: [2] = 2 / 1d100: [45] = 45
Conditions: Sixth Sense.

Ravenscroft sits and waits for Sil to finish, waving for a server for another ale. Once Ravenscroft has a new beer in hand, he takes a sip and composes his thoughts. She goes out of her way to talk... He thinks to himself before speaking. "You don't talk to people much do you?" Ravenscroft says bluntly, his voice devoid of anything that could be considered happiness. He sits silent for a few long moments, letting the weight of what he's said settle in.

"You want help, so you insult me. Not a good plan as far as I can tell. You need help, I don't. So maybe act like you need help and not like you are doing me a favor by waltzing in several months late to take up the reigns of your former adventuring party. I know what my profession entails, and in the end it's a poor analogy. City has been quiet, not dead, people can be quiet, while being very much alive. Though I am certain you like the sound of your own voice more than the context." Ravenscroft says, again bluntly without much emotion.

"Again, I will break down what you've asked and offer. You'd like our help finding a sword, you're offering a share of whatever loot is acquired on the way, but cannot actually guarantee an amount. You have also stated if the amount is insufficient that you will pay us from your own personal magical trinkets. Am I correct?" Ravenscroft says flatly. It's clear by his face he doesn't do social gatherings.

"While you've vaguely stated the job, you've also not given any real details, do you have any or is this a we'll find out on a long trip kind of thing?" Ravenscroft says, before taking another sip of his beer.

What does she see there in his face,eyes, lines, wear, shape, etc?

I'm not completely sure what you're asking. But he appears middle aged, malnourished and annoyed most of the time.
Doctor Ravenscroft
"I just think about sickness, cancer in children, earthquakes, war, painful death. Death, just death. If these things are just part of our natural environment why do we think of them as evil? Why do they horrify us so? Unless we were meant for someplace else.” ~Col. Kane
Doctor Ravenscroft
P.P.E.: 79
I.S.P.: 47
H.P.: 38
S.D.C.: 35
Studded Leather Armor (Full Suit)
AR: 13; S.D.C.: 38
Magic Short Bow 1818 Arrows
Dagger
Conditions: Sixth Sense.
User avatar
Ya-Blik
Dimension Master
Posts: 172
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:56 am
Location: Palladium Fantasy GM & DM

Re: In Llorn ... But for How Long? (Group A)

Post by Ya-Blik »

Date: 17 September, 345
Time: 2025
Environment: Clear and calm
Location: Llorn, The Crooked Dog Inn




Silhouette calls at the Orc leaving, "What agency or residence should I send my thanks for your trust?" and is advised that Nalg (the Orc) helps out the Brotherhood of Magic when they ask.

As the orcs depart Silhouette looks down and to the floor of the Crooked Dog Inn as she raises her eyes to the white haired Ravenscroft from under her brow. Silhouette's fingers slowly drum the chest before she suddenly bursts with an incredulous, if somewhat unnerving laugh before yelling, "Quiet!" at ... well frankly it is very nclear at whom, and a number of tables in the vicinity fall silent and turn their attention to her. Azure's mental snooping even catches a couple wondering how much gold might be in that nicely carved chest on the table in front of the Southern-girl.

Sil croaks in shock as she seems to address Ravenscroft with disdain, "Ravenscroft, you have indeed been busy with your head down and just living to see Llorn as only that." Silhouette looks to Ramsis in turn beckoning that he challenge Ravenscroft with his experience of Llorn as she rebukes the white haired man with a scoff as she asks, "You are a Doctor? Is it not your business to tell the alive from the dead? How then have you come to not know the pulse of this city? Only the guard know their city second to what healer should. Just as a chirurgen on a battlefield knows the state of the conflict by the numbers of wounded arriving to their tent and the dead leaving, so does the Doctor know how a city labors for breath or when it is burgeoning with many babies. So Doctor, if you insist that Llorn is quiet, then we must reside in a corpse as it can only be a symptom of unmoving heart...."

Apparently in Silhouette's mind, all healers have equal access to an overall gauge of any city's welfare, and a newcomer like Ravenscroft (who had never been in Llorn prior and had no prior experience with the city to compare it to) should have as much knowledge of its moods and development as the long-established churches occupying their own section of the city and whose priests are literally handing out healing or even resurrection with a touch to curry favor and devotion to their respective deific patrons, well, for those with coin.

Silhouette shifts for a bit but continues to essentially berate the others like she used to claim Tyral did, "A very doctory thing to do, distilling my words down to a mere prognosis. No, not impossible, but only a mystery. Imagine yourself residing in a deep pit with no escape. The pit seems impossible to escape if you do not know how to dig, tie a rope, or build a ladder no matter how many resources at your feet there may be. But if you do. If you know to dig the earth for roots, to weave them to rope, to bind that rope around the wood you may find, and to set that to raise yourself high... Well... That knowledge makes what seems unlikely, even impossible all but certain! As one knows when they practice their intonation and recitation with patience and knowledge, because effort well considered brings reward. Each new incantation is one more root, one more rope, one more ladder."

The jungle-teen jabs her finger into the table for emphasis,"Any of you propose a task that puts you three, us four, to the test here in Llorn worthy of a split of this incentive to participate in my..test of you. You see. I need folks that can work together. Who can show they are able to be thoughtful to details, patient to see when slowness is necessary, and who can see a thing done to the end once their word is given. Folks who can, to keep the analogy going, dig for roots, make rope, and build a ladder with what they are given when it all would seem impossible to another. Prove that you are who I need and you get this to make yourselves ready along with a split of whatever gains we make in the task." Her hands continuing to play across the chest as she says,"The pay will be similarly handled with the spoils of the venture I hire you for. But in this case, if the spoils do not meet four times your split here, I promise the difference from my various enchanted items in value. Either way you have a certainty of being paid well. The venture as you said Doctor, to find a particular man's sword."

Ravenscroft sits and waits for Sil to finish, waving for a server for another ale which eventually is brought, "You don't talk to people much do you?" Ravenscroft says bluntly, "You want help, so you insult me. Not a good plan as far as I can tell. You need help, I don't. So maybe act like you need help and not like you are doing me a favor by waltzing in several months late to take up the reigns of your former adventuring party. I know what my profession entails, and in the end it's a poor analogy. City has been quiet, not dead, people can be quiet, while being very much alive. Though I am certain you like the sound of your own voice more than the context. Again, I will break down what you've asked and offer. You'd like our help finding a sword, you're offering a share of whatever loot is acquired on the way, but cannot actually guarantee an amount. You have also stated if the amount is insufficient that you will pay us from your own personal magical trinkets. Am I correct?" Ravenscroft says flatly. It's clear by his face he doesn't do social gatherings.

"While you've vaguely stated the job, you've also not given any real details, do you have any or is this a we'll find out on a long trip kind of thing?" Ravenscroft says, before taking another sip of his beer.

Ramsis and Azure witness the exchange without interrupting Silhouette, though Ramsis finds the much shorter recap from Ravenscroft to help with clarifying what the Southern-girl was saying.


Butcher's Bill:
Azure: -8 ISP --- NO POST, WARNING
Doc:
Ramsis: --- NO POST, WARNING
Silhouette: -47 PPE


What are you doing?
User avatar
Azure
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 94
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:17 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: In Llorn ... But for How Long? (Group A)

Post by Azure »

Perception: 77% 1d100: [57] = 57
D20 JiC: 1d20: [11] = 11 / D100 JiC: 1d100: [49] = 49

Conditions: Gaozir’s shared senses, Mind-Block Auto Defense.
Butcher Bill: Empathic charisma ISP: 10 (20 minutes)
Skill rolls:
Blind Fighting 55%/ 1d100: [91] = 91
Language: Eastern: 40% (+5%, 1st Level)/ 1d100: [72] = 72

Azure nods back to the Doctor listening to the exchange quiet having no tenure to speak his mind amongst so many strangers safely. An ogre has to be careful when alone and he is still very much alone. Seems they all have been apart for some time having parted ways seemingly suddenly? he thinks pondering on their words filling the air with tension.

Hopefully this chest of gold will ease the tension…maybe not. he thinks as the Doctor becomes offended at Sil’s words. [use empathic charisma reflexively at the tension]

”I am not certain of your standing with each other, nor mine with you but I am used to being considered a lesser than yourselves. An ogre lives longer with having a thicker skin and taking in stride a spit in the face, a kick, an occasional stab, or weathering very nasty strings of words.” he says turning his head meaningfully toward Sil and then back to Ravenscroft before continuing, “But as a bystander listening I cannot help but find you both seem to be fast friends with a common goal. Forgive me as your eastern is still new on my tongue, Doctor, if I am understanding your name means you are a man of medicine and are interesting in the welfare of the people of this land? And if that is fair, I already know this one here called Sil is interesting in that as well. She destroyed a poisonous man that preyed on children the last time I had accompanied her in these lands. She could have said that it was impossible and not tried, but she did.” he says trying to calm the situation. [Trust: 85%/ 1d100: [86] = 86

Azure the blind ogre impossibly turns smoothly seating himself at the table before finishing ”So it depends on you. Is it impossible? he states tapping a claw on the table in which Gaozir climbs down to rest in front of him.

Looking at the chest on the table in front of Sil, ”What’s with the chest? I never did get paid for my part last time, not really your fault though...” he asks thinking back to Rocks death and his departure. [Trust: 85%/ 1d100: [60] = 60

Empathic Charisma
OOC Comments
Range: 30’ Duration: 5 min/lvl I.S.P.: 10
Saving Throw: Standard.
Similar in nature to the magical spell Charismatic Aura, this power enhances the natural charm of the psychic. Empathic Charisma endows the psychic with a limited form of Empathy and Empathic Transmission that helps him to determine the basic mood and desires of people around him. Although the psychic will not be able to fully sense and pinpoint the exact emotions of those around him, it will give the psychic a vague sense of each person's general emotional state. The psychic can also transmit any general emotion to those around him. This transmitted emotion will not change anyone's actual feelings, but may sway them in the direction the psychic wishes. Using Empathic Charisma, the psychic will typically be able to swindle, trick, or con one person or an entire group. This is further enhanced when used in conjunction with other powers, such as Telepathy, Empathy, Empathic Transmission, and Enhanced Perception (see above). For the duration of this ability, the psychic will have his M.A. raised by 1D4+2 points and his P.B. raised by 2 points. The psychic will also have trust/intimidate and charm/impress skills equal to 85% (or the value given by their enhanced M.A. and P.B., whichever is higher). Those who save against Empathic Charisma will not radiate their emotions to the psychic, nor are they influenced the psychic's transmitted emotions or charisma. The psychic is -30% to trust/intimidate and charm/impress skills against those who save.[/occ]

Gaozir:
Perception: Perception: 28%/ 1d100: [87] = 87
D20 JiC: 1d20: [16] = 16 /D100 JiC: 1d100: [50] = 50
Roosting on Azures left forearm looking over his left shoulder.
Azure Languages: N:Gobblely, Eastern, Elven, Giantese
I.S.P.: 129/159 | P.P.E.: 1/1 | H.P.: 40/40 (0/5) | S.D.C.: 76/76 (0/70)
Conditions: Sixth Sense, Total Recall, Blind without familiar, Mind's Eye, or Blind Fighting
Armor: Quilted Tunic | A.R.: 8 | S.D.C.: 15/15 | Modifiers:-
Weapon: Long Spear | Dmg: 3d6+19 | Modifiers: +9 strike, +9 parry, +11 throw | Throw Range: 180' S.N. 240'| Dmg: 4d6
Familiar: Gaozir (See Equipment for Combat Data) | S.D.C.: 51/51 | H.P.:- | APR: 2 (+2 Strike/Dodge) Damage: 2D4+2 (talons or beak), Dive Bomb: 4d4+4 (2 actions)
Abilities: Horror Factor: 10, Spd: 33 (66 in bursts, dive at 88), Excellent vision (2 miles), Nightvision 300', Track by scent 66%; by sight 80%, Glide for over 10 miles without flapping wings
Animal and Psionics: See the Invisible, Sense Evil, Sense Magic, Sixth Sense, and Empathy (receives only). Range: 600 foot area.
User avatar
Ramsis
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:33 am

Re: In Llorn ... But for How Long? (Group A)

Post by Ramsis »

Perception [27%]: [roll]1d100[/roll]: [57] = 57 [/roll]
D20 JiC: [roll]1d20[/roll]: [2] = 2 [/roll]
D100 JiC: [roll]1d100[/roll]: [4] = 4 [/roll]

PPE: 84/84
SDC: 13/23
HP: 36/36

Conditions:



Skills -
Speaks in Language: Eastern 99% - [roll]1d100[/roll]: [95] = 95 [/roll]
Lore: Religion (Jungle Pantheon) 60% - [roll]1d100[/roll]: [5] = 5 [/roll]
Archeology 45% - [roll]1d100[/roll]: [74] = 74 [/roll]
Language: Gobblely 70% - [roll]1d100[/roll]: [70] = 70 [/roll]

POST -
Ramsis visibly stiffens at the mention of Lopnel. ”Not THAT Guy!!” He tries to think of any items that he may have heard of that were made in the red god’s name, to the point of completely missing the large orc who dropped the chest.

After a few moments of looking thru everyone, Ramsis gives his head a shake, blinks rapidly and explains. ’I was raised in a temple of Tark back in the jungles. I have heard word of Lopnel. He is a bastard and a warmonger. He likes to fight and will try to justify his hellish actions. His kind call my lady “self serving”. If we can do something to make his priests and church look bad or worse, I am in.” He sits back and continues to listen to the others with a mischievous grin.


OOC: It's spelled Lopnel, not Lopnal. GM edited spelling only. :)
User avatar
Doctor Ravenscroft
Posts: 58
Joined: Sat May 09, 2020 12:15 pm

Re: In Llorn ... But for How Long? (Group A)

Post by Doctor Ravenscroft »

Perception: 1d100: [46] = 46 /49%
Just in Case: 1d20: [2] = 2 / 1d100: [86] = 86
Conditions: Sixth Sense.
Azure wrote:”I am not certain of your standing with each other, nor mine with you but I am used to being considered a lesser than yourselves. An ogre lives longer with having a thicker skin and taking in stride a spit in the face, a kick, an occasional stab, or weathering very nasty strings of words.” he says turning his head meaningfully toward Sil and then back to Ravenscroft before continuing, “But as a bystander listening I cannot help but find you both seem to be fast friends with a common goal. Forgive me as your eastern is still new on my tongue, Doctor, if I am understanding your name means you are a man of medicine and are interesting in the welfare of the people of this land? And if that is fair, I already know this one here called Sil is interesting in that as well. She destroyed a poisonous man that preyed on children the last time I had accompanied her in these lands. She could have said that it was impossible and not tried, but she did.” he says trying to calm the situation.
Ravenscroft shakes his head. "Your standing with me is about the same as hers, barely known. I met Silhouette several months ago during an teleportation mishap that dropped me and a companion in the middle of a Orc infested keep. In the time I knew her she threatened a stranger, complained to her companions and left the group before we returned to Llorn, so all in all maybe twelve hours tops. Her supposed familiarity with me is just that, supposed. I don't know her any better than the street scum I perform medicine on, and no I do not actually care for the welfare of the people of Llorn, I care about wealth, and returning to it. But this gods forsaken country is bereft of a scientific interest." Ravenscroft says with a bit of venom.

"So I'll wait till Silhouette gives me a better description of the job and pay before making a judgement." The doctor says almost calmly, before sipping his beer.
Doctor Ravenscroft
"I just think about sickness, cancer in children, earthquakes, war, painful death. Death, just death. If these things are just part of our natural environment why do we think of them as evil? Why do they horrify us so? Unless we were meant for someplace else.” ~Col. Kane
Doctor Ravenscroft
P.P.E.: 79
I.S.P.: 47
H.P.: 38
S.D.C.: 35
Studded Leather Armor (Full Suit)
AR: 13; S.D.C.: 38
Magic Short Bow 1818 Arrows
Dagger
Conditions: Sixth Sense.
User avatar
Ya-Blik
Dimension Master
Posts: 172
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:56 am
Location: Palladium Fantasy GM & DM

Re: In Llorn ... But for How Long? (Group A)

Post by Ya-Blik »

Date: 17 September, 345
Time: 2026
Environment: Clear and calm
Location: Llorn, The Crooked Dog Inn




Azure takes a seat and tries to diplomatically, for an Ogre, smooth things over by appealing to Silhouette and the Doctors' obviously deep friendship as well as the generally charitable inclination of adventurers to strive for the common good before shifting to a more self-serving tack and mentioning that he wants to be paid for a prior outing with Silhouette. This meets mixed results. Ramsis keys in on Silhouette's declaration that the item in question is a relic of a rival diety to his Mistress Tark and declares himself onboard.

Unconvinced Ravenscroft sits back in his chair to explain that his prior history with Silhouette totaled just a few hours. The Northerner clarifies that he is looking towards material comforts, "... So I'll wait till Silhouette gives me a better description of the job and pay before making a judgement."

Silhouette opens her mouth to respond but is interrupted by a tug at her elbow and one of the serving girls giggling "<<ahem>> Miss, that gentleman over in the corner asked me to bring you this glass of wine ..." She is holding a glass filled with what looks like a dark red wine.

Any who look will see an Elven fellow (PB 21) not noticed previously by any of you. He is lounging confidently by himself at a table for 4 on the far side of the room and holds a matching glass to the one being proffered to Silhouette. There is an expensive looking bottle floating a few inches from the table's surface.
080121.1.PNG
080121.1.PNG (95.23 KiB) Viewed 1387 times

*Well hello there beautiful,* sounds a sophisticated seeming voice into Silhouette's head, *From over here it sounds like your friends aren't treating you right. Maybe you would like some better company. My name is Rittz ...* His suggestive eyebrow raise is not particularly subtle.


Butcher's Bill:
Azure: -8 ISP
Doc:
Ramsis:
Silhouette: -47 PPE -- WARNING NO POST


What are you doing?
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 402
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01
Contact:

Re: In Llorn ... But for How Long? (Group A)

Post by Silhouette »

JIC 1d20: [5] = 5 1d100: [81] = 81
perc 68% / 1d100: [34] = 34

Silhouette watches Ravenscroft as if unaffected by the words of the twenty-something with a complexion of a sailor who had seen what writhes in the deep and forgot his charm. Still she is proud that she keeps her tongue from expressing that sentiment. The accusations were not entirely wrong, yet he only leaned on the negative recollection of his memory. Silhouette is about to answer when the waitress tugs on her elbow and the words of the stranger come into her head as she realizes,"Oh, this is what that feels like!" The mental intrusion was like someone breaking into the conversation at the table without an introduction. It made her wonder how that could be accomplished without the pig running through the house feel it gave her as she thinks,"No wonder it annoyed Tyral..."

Silhouette turns her eyes to the man and finds that his suggestive eyebrow is certainly a more welcome gesture than she should have allowed herself to feel with Ravenscroft's issues on the table. After a moment she realizes,"He must have been trying for an hour to send that one thought!" She had been told many times how iron her will was at receiving telepathy she had not been forewarned to open up to. She chuckles at her realization takes the glass up delicately between her fingers as she postures it to look through the ruby color while she answers Ravenscroft,"Not all you say is wrong, but it lacks fullness. I have had months to think about the past and present and have had an eagles eye view of my own conduct. I did apologize to all who I willfully insulted before I departed. I had not intended to be gone so long, only days, but today's reason for bringing you together is why that happened. As to the past party disbanding, I was also not expecting that myself. I thought Tyral and Predat might be out somewhere together when they hadn't shown tonight." Remaining neutral in expression she nods her head at the Doctor,"But, if they wanted to go their separate ways what would it have changed if I was here?"

Silhouette does not look at the man in the corner as she flirts instead with her actions while she turns the glass in one hand. Aware that he was the one first enticing her she moves her fingers like a Widow wrapping its prey in silk rotating the glass about in a mesmerizing spin. Slowing that spin she puts the rim of the glass to her nose hopeful that the red liquid's bouquet is to her nose's liking, an unrefined nose as she had little wine to count from anywhere but a clay pot of grape flavored water.

Continuing with Ravenscroft she says past the glass obfuscating her lips,"However I did not willful insult you this evening, I only meant to ask honest questions." Laying out her hand unadorned by a wine glass in a placating gesture she says,"I apologize though for my phrasing..." She emphasizes the last word as she continues her apology,"That caused my words to insult."

Turning to Azure she replies to his request for past payment,"Why don't we consider your registration at the Mage's guild my portion of that reward for your help back then? You will have to get the other members to give of their portion without my help though if you run across them."

-------

FOR RAMSIS:

Nodding to Ramsis she says,"In Yin-Sloth folks dismiss Tark too easily for being subtle and quiet in the dark as if that makes for harmful intent. Aco my Goddess is herself not bold in her subtle manners. She is not like the Juggernaut's virile strength of course, her companion in their pantheon. No I think Aco's realm is a protecting cloak against the dark as I'm sure Tark can be as well. I welcome Tark's guardian spiders in this endeavor." Painting Tark with her own noble brush Silhouette really only remembers Tark's priests for their penchant for talking to spiders and that they often were guests around the time of her upbringing that she was shooed away from disturbing. They were not much different than Ramsis of course adorned with spider symbols, but she remembers them as having nothing but praise for her family and their vocation when she had rare chance to speak with them. Mostly though she remembers being told often if she ever needed sanctuary after a mission to find a temple to Tark. She had never gone to one though. Now she wonders what their temples were like.

To Ramsis she adds,"What kind of allies does Lopnel recruit? Men, demons, devils, or monsters? I know his name enough to remember only what he is like, as I have spent more time learning the East's religions than my home. My memory of the Yin-Sloth deities is only in the passing of their names from worshipers lips." Smiling she adds,"I only found Aco in my travels to the East and so then found my voice for her in thanks." Pausing Silhouette asks,"Ramsis, what does Tark wish in thanks for aiding me and us in the future? I would gain her favor before I tax her patience in asking too much later."
----------

Silhouette rises from the table as she turns toward the man in the corner giving him a moments expression that she was about to approach before she asks the ogre,"Azure, can you watch...er..." Taking free her hand she slides the chest in front of the ogre pushing aside his food a few inches as she says,"Don't let it out of your... Keep a hold of this for me. It is now a part of your promise to help me." Lifting his sizable hand she puts it on the top of the chest,"Just like that".

Silhouette looks to Ravenscroft intoning her words in the manner that Tyral often spoke,"Llorn does things differently than you may be familiar. Almost no contract pays in advance and most hinge on success, even vague jobs before I got paid. Unwise, yes, but this is Llorn." Silhouette points at the chest,"Vague terms to find some marauding orcs in this case, do have their rewards from time to time as you can see. My terms though afford you the chance to come out ahead even without success and to myself no cost if we do succeed, as I hope the inclusion of your skills among this company can bring to fruition. What I know or at least think I know that is important has been told to all of you."

Silhouette shakes her head negatively as she says the next to Ravenscroft,"You are wrong though in one thing you have said. There are those in Llorn who value knowledge and expertise as I have woken many mornings in Llorn's library to my chagrin. If you have an idea as to to how scientific intent can give us more to work with or to succeed at all, I'm interested. And as I've told you all I think I know, maybe you can determine what else you may glean of value out of me with some scientific intent too. Maybe I've overlooked something important? And now that I think of the library, I may have a place for such efforts to be conducted in seclusion."

Silhouette finishes with Ravenscroft with a polite bow as she says,"I will return after seeing to this distraction. And if you want to continue this conversation I can do so telepathically. Just call my name and clap your hands. If you wish to decline this venture though I do not know how to convince you otherwise beyond overindulging you alone from purse beyond what I will pay the others, I ask you to please enjoy your meal and I wish you luck."

"Excuse me." Silhouette crudely thinks to herself as she walks the distance to the man's table,"Yes, excuse me, it has been months since my womanly needs have been met..." Silhouette nods and smiles as she states to him,"Risky to send such an expensive glass to someone who you don't know will waste it?" Circling the wine to spin in the glass as she rotates her wrist smoothly she waits to be asked to sit as she teases,"Most find it hard to send message's to me. Which begs the question, how long did it take you?" Charm: 40% / 1d100: [17] = 17
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 164/164 | I.S.P.: 58/58 | H.P.: 45/45 | S.D.C.:65/65
Conditions:Sixth Sense, Recognize various magics(see O.O.C. special abilities)
Armor: Studded Leather (AR13 / 38/38 SDC (-5% mobility)
Weapon: In-Hand: Bow. On person: Silver dagger & two dwarven daggers in sheath at belt, 2x throwing inside wrist armor/2x throwing in boots & 36 arrows on back.
Image
User avatar
Doctor Ravenscroft
Posts: 58
Joined: Sat May 09, 2020 12:15 pm

Re: In Llorn ... But for How Long? (Group A)

Post by Doctor Ravenscroft »

Perception: 1d100: [95] = 95 /49%
Just in Case: 1d20: [14] = 14 ; 1d100: [31] = 31
Conditions: Sixth Sense.

Ravenscroft stares incredulously as Silhouette wanders off. Seems she’s still the same as she was months ago. Ravenscroft thinks dourly. So let’s break down what she has told me, sift it down to it’s logical components and maybe get an idea of what we’re up to. Ravenscroft thinks further, taking a sip of his beer. So the thief is a man from the West, we can assume Western Empire. A summoner, theoretically, but almost any spell caster can summon creatures with enough power. So let’s just call him a unidentified western mage. Ravenscroft surmises, with a nod to himself.

Another sip of his beer, and a gathering of his writing materials from his bag. Ravenscroft quickly scribbles the basic information down in his native Northern Tongue. Lopnel the Red, don’t know anything about that particular entity. She says it’s a god, no reason not to believe that. Actual threat level is likely over exaggerated, but we can research it further if need be. Ravenscroft thinks before scribbling the name down, circling it and making a note to ask at the wizards guild about it later.

The crux of the job seems revenge based over the murder of her father, and theft of a sword. So no real money in that to be sure. She mentions Hadrian’s Cove and Wisdom… and the Shattered Lands, which if that’s the case she’s mad to think we’ll find them without either magical assistance or a legitimate lead. Ravenscroft muses, putting the locations in the order of Wisdom, Hadrian’s Cove, and finally The Shattered Lands.

Almost everything else seems like conjecture and hopes and dreams, so unimportant in the exercise. Ravenscroft thinks as he sips more of his drink.

Payment… four times what I was paid… hmmm. Ravenscroft pauses, before crunching some numbers. Nodding he looks to the others at the table as if noticing they were still there.

”Do you have a place to sleep Azure?” Ravenscroft asks. ”If not, I have a home in town, not particularly big, but it should be suitable for a night’s rest for you.” Ravenscroft says before looking at Ramsis. ”You should come too, so you know where to meet at least.”

Ravenscroft scribbles the number sixty-thousand on his paper. That should make it remotely feasible. Ravenscroft gets another sheet of paper and writes out the following note.
Ravenscroft wrote:Much research would need to be done first, because searching the Shattered Lands for a single man seems pointless. This endeavor will cost you at least sixty-thousand gold. I return to my home, because I will not wait for you to act a trollop.

~Ravenscroft
Ravenscroft folds the note and slides it into the chest. ”Well I have no intentions of waiting for Silhouette to entertain a random dalliance. If you care to join me, please do, if not I’ll see you sometime tomorrow.” Ravenscroft says before finishing the last of his beer and tossing a few gold on the table.

Ravenscroft makes his way out of the tavern and heads back to his home.
Doctor Ravenscroft
"I just think about sickness, cancer in children, earthquakes, war, painful death. Death, just death. If these things are just part of our natural environment why do we think of them as evil? Why do they horrify us so? Unless we were meant for someplace else.” ~Col. Kane
Doctor Ravenscroft
P.P.E.: 79
I.S.P.: 47
H.P.: 38
S.D.C.: 35
Studded Leather Armor (Full Suit)
AR: 13; S.D.C.: 38
Magic Short Bow 1818 Arrows
Dagger
Conditions: Sixth Sense.
User avatar
Ramsis
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:33 am

Re: In Llorn ... But for How Long? (Group A)

Post by Ramsis »

Perception [27%]: [roll]1d100[/roll]: [82] = 82 [/roll]
D20 JiC: [roll]1d100[/roll]: [69] = 69 [/roll]
D100 JiC: [roll]1d100[/roll]: [86] = 86 [/roll]

PPE: 84/84
SDC: 13/23
HP: 36/36

Conditions:
Minor Curse: Gas
Curses cast directly on another character will last 1D6 months -
Success ratio: 34% - [roll]1d100[/roll]: [13] = 13 [/roll]
saving throw - must roll a 14+ vs magic
Minor Curse:[/b] can inflict a curse in the form of minor physical disorders that cause constant irritation. Such disorders include:
*Gas: Some indigestion and nausea, plus a bloated feeling. Farts once every two melees (pee-u). -2 on initiative, sneak attacks and prowl are impossible.


Skills -
Speaks in Language: Eastern 99% - [roll]1d100[/roll]: [59] = 59 [/roll]
Lore: Religion (Jungle Pantheon) 60% - remeber things about Lopnel - [roll]1d100[/roll]: [6] = 6 [/roll]
Archeology 45% - Where to find item - [roll]1d100[/roll]: [20] = 20 [/roll]
Language: Gobblely 70% - [roll]1d100[/roll]: [70] = 70 [/roll]

POST -
Nodding to Ramsis she says,"In Yin-Sloth folks dismiss Tark too easily for being subtle and quiet in the dark as if that makes for harmful intent. Aco my Goddess is herself not bold in her subtle manners. She is not like the Juggernaut's virile strength, of course, her companion in their pantheon. No, I think Aco's realm is a protecting cloak against the dark as I'm sure Tark can be as well. I welcome Tark's guardian spiders in this endeavour."

Ramsis bows his head in respect as Sil speaks. ”Thank you for the kind words about my lady. We will help as we can. Maybe even find a convert or two?” He looks at Sil with raised eyebrows. After a moment, he takes a sip of his drink. He sits back and listens to Ravencroft as he tries to logic out Sil and her illogical mind. ’So what i hear is that we need more info about what we are after, who are need to find, and how much are we being paid?” He takes a sip. ”Well Doctor, you are the educated one. What shall we do?” He takes a few birtes of his meal while the others contine. When Sil asks her questions, Ramsis pushes his plate a little bit away and leans on his elbows. With a thoughtful look on his face, he tries to recall anything from his lessons that could help.

"What kind of allies does Lopnel recruit? Men, demons, devils, or monsters?
Those who enjoy violence and war, and/or make a living from it.

My memory of the Yin-Sloth deities is only in the passing of their names from worshipers lips."
Bows his head in respect, ”I feel the same in regards to the gods of other lands. I know The Yin-Sloth pantheon due to being raised in that environment.:

"I only found Aco in my travels to the East and so then found my voice for her in thanks." I found my mistress in my youth. I was raised as an orphan in one of her temples.

"Ramsis, what does Tark wish in thanks for aiding me and us in the future? I would gain her favour before I tax her patience in asking too much later."
Ramsis gets a wicked gleam in his eye. He waits a moment, before speaking. ”Lopnel and his followers need to be taught a lessons, the more painful the better. So whether we kill or rob them, matters not. But they will pay. *twinkle appears in eyre* Maybe even a convert or two.”

Ramsis watches as Sil talks to Azure about the chest. Seeing her place his hand on it, gives him and idea. ”Azure, is it? If you don't mind, my familiar is a spider. I can have him spin a webb. I will use that to tie the box to your wrist. That you don't have to actually hold it, the web will let you know if the chest moves. Either from being jostled or being touched. Yay or Nay?” Regardless of the answer, Ramsis has Proximo spin 3 feet of rope like webbing.
IF YES - Ramsis will tie one end around the ogre’s wrist and the other around the box.
IF NO - Ramsis will coil up the web and place it in a pouch.

Watching as Sil leaves the table, Ramsis notices the elf. ”Damn pretty boy. He is interrupting a meeting for some drinking?” He finishes his beer and looks over towards Sil and her friend. Wiping his mouth with the back of his hand, Ramsis says to himself ”This is not right. We were talking!!” He glares at the table, under his breath he puts a curse on the elf. ”In the name of my lady, I give you Gas. May this be a lesson in how to not interrupt others as well as manners.”
Dice rolls
[roll]1d100[/roll]: [11] = 11
User avatar
Azure
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 94
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:17 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: In Llorn ... But for How Long? (Group A)

Post by Azure »

Perception: 77% 1d100: [2] = 2
D20 JiC: 1d20: [17] = 17 / D100 JiC: 1d100: [89] = 89

Conditions: Gaozir’s shared senses, Mind-Block Auto Defense.
Butcher Bill: Empathic charisma (20 minutes)
OOC Comments
Range: 30’ Duration: 5 min/lvl I.S.P.: 10
Saving Throw: Standard.
Similar in nature to the magical spell Charismatic Aura, this power enhances the natural charm of the psychic. Empathic Charisma endows the psychic with a limited form of Empathy and Empathic Transmission that helps him to determine the basic mood and desires of people around him. Although the psychic will not be able to fully sense and pinpoint the exact emotions of those around him, it will give the psychic a vague sense of each person's general emotional state. The psychic can also transmit any general emotion to those around him. This transmitted emotion will not change anyone's actual feelings, but may sway them in the direction the psychic wishes. Using Empathic Charisma, the psychic will typically be able to swindle, trick, or con one person or an entire group. This is further enhanced when used in conjunction with other powers, such as Telepathy, Empathy, Empathic Transmission, and Enhanced Perception (see above). For the duration of this ability, the psychic will have his M.A. raised by 1D4+2 points and his P.B. raised by 2 points. The psychic will also have trust/intimidate and charm/impress skills equal to 85% (or the value given by their enhanced M.A. and P.B., whichever is higher). Those who save against Empathic Charisma will not radiate their emotions to the psychic, nor are they influenced the psychic's transmitted emotions or charisma. The psychic is -30% to trust/intimidate and charm/impress skills against those who save.
Telepathy: Superior (8 min.)
OOC Comments
Range: 100 ft. +50 ft./lvl for probe, or 200 ft. +100 ft./lvl for two-way communication.
Duration: 2 min/lvl, I.S.P.: 8
Saving Throw: Standard.
Just like the lesser Sensitive power of Telepathy, Telepathy: Superior grants the ability to hear surface thoughts, or send and receive telepathic messages. However, this superior form of the power gives the character the ability to read deeper or even subconscious thoughts. If the victim fails the saving throw, the psychic will be able to read thoughts on any subject he wants. This
can include passwords, names of contacts, the victim's true name, and even skills. Sometimes (40% +3% per level of experience chance) the character will be even able to see or hear parts of memories associated with the thoughts he is reading from the victim. A saving throw should be rolled for each skill/memory/thought that the character tries to read. The character can make one attempt to pull information from the victim for each attack per melee.
Skill rolls:
Blind Fighting 55%/ 1d100: [13] = 13
Language: Eastern: 40% (+5%, 1st Level)/ 1d100: [26] = 26
Doctor Ravenscroft wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:40 pm Ravenscroft shakes his head. "Your standing with me is about the same as hers, barely known. I met Silhouette several months ago during an teleportation mishap that dropped me and a companion in the middle of a Orc infested keep. In the time I knew her she threatened a stranger, complained to her companions and left the group before we returned to Llorn, so all in all maybe twelve hours tops. Her supposed familiarity with me is just that, supposed. I don't know her any better than the street scum I perform medicine on, and no I do not actually care for the welfare of the people of Llorn, I care about wealth, and returning to it. But this gods forsaken country is bereft of a scientific interest." Ravenscroft says with a bit of venom.

"So I'll wait till Silhouette gives me a better description of the job and pay before making a judgement." The doctor says almost calmly, before sipping his beer.
Azure listens to the Doctor’s long rebuttal detailing a quick synopsis of an adventure that is littered with disdain for Silhouette throughout.
Shrugging he answers, ”Sounded like she already did, didn’t she?” turning his head towards where the woman sat he asks, ”You did right? You said what you wanted and how much you could pay?” looking bewildered sitting there he continues, ”What is your worth? Did I miss that too?” Azure asks confused at the interaction between them. Are they mad at each other? There is no blood so they must be friends.. Hostility is not this calm among Ogres so the nature of this spat is confusing to Azure.
Silhouette wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:52 pmSilhouette rises from the table as she turns toward the man in the corner giving him a moments expression that she was about to approach before she asks the ogre,"Azure, can you watch...er..." Taking free her hand she slides the chest in front of the ogre pushing aside his food a few inches as she says,"Don't let it out of your... Keep a hold of this for me. It is now a part of your promise to help me." Lifting his sizable hand she puts it on the top of the chest,"Just like that".
"Excuse me." Silhouette crudely thinks to herself as she walks the distance to the man's table.
Azure flinches unaccustomed to the feeling of the small warm hand against his. Feeling his hand lift slowly he lets her move it like the ideomotor effect. Blushing with the touch, ”Oh, s…sure.” he stutters digging the claws into the wood and dragging the chest towards himself. Gao watches as she walks away swinging her hips.

Doctor Ravenscroft wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:39 pm”Do you have a place to sleep Azure?” Ravenscroft asks. ”If not, I have a home in town, not particularly big, but it should be suitable for a night’s rest for you.” Ravenscroft says before looking at Ramsis. ”You should come too, so you know where to meet at least.”
Realizing his name was used he raises his head towards the voice belonging to the Doctor, ”No, I don’t.” Azure answers caution in his voice. [Telepathy and Empathic Charisma to sense if the Doctor has any ill will.] ”I am not sure she would approve.” he says acknowledging the small debt he owes to her.
Ramsis wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:48 amRamsis watches as Sil talks to Azure about the chest. Seeing her place his hand on it, gives him and idea. ”Azure, is it? If you don't mind, my familiar is a spider. I can have him spin a webb. I will use that to tie the box to your wrist. That you don't have to actually hold it, the web will let you know if the chest moves. Either from being jostled or being touched. Yay or Nay?” Regardless of the answer, Ramsis has Proximo spin 3 feet of rope like webbing.
Hearing the suggestion reminded him of a tale Seer once said about valuables, ”There was a goblin that was scared to lose his trinket that he used sap and rope to stick it to himself so it wouldn’t be stolen when he was asleep. He awoke to a thump and a bleeding stump.” Azure says almost verbatim…Was there something about blood too? he thinks feeling as if he miss told the story. ”So, no I don’t think that is fine. But you may wrap it to secure it.” he suggests instead. Watching through Gao he sees the spider and senses the hunger and desire to eat the large spider. ”What is a familiar?” Azure asks Ramsis recalling he called the spider that.

As he waits he continues to scan the room for any that have ill will towards him and the chest of gold.

Gaozir:
Perception: Perception: 28%/ 1d100: [83] = 83
D20 JiC: 1d20: [5] = 5 /D100 JiC: 1d100: [10] = 10
Roosting on Azures left forearm looking over his left shoulder.
Azure Languages: N:Gobblely, Eastern, Elven, Giantese
I.S.P.: 129/159 | P.P.E.: 1/1 | H.P.: 40/40 (0/5) | S.D.C.: 76/76 (0/70)
Conditions: Sixth Sense, Total Recall, Blind without familiar, Mind's Eye, or Blind Fighting
Armor: Quilted Tunic | A.R.: 8 | S.D.C.: 15/15 | Modifiers:-
Weapon: Long Spear | Dmg: 3d6+19 | Modifiers: +9 strike, +9 parry, +11 throw | Throw Range: 180' S.N. 240'| Dmg: 4d6
Familiar: Gaozir (See Equipment for Combat Data) | S.D.C.: 51/51 | H.P.:- | APR: 2 (+2 Strike/Dodge) Damage: 2D4+2 (talons or beak), Dive Bomb: 4d4+4 (2 actions)
Abilities: Horror Factor: 10, Spd: 33 (66 in bursts, dive at 88), Excellent vision (2 miles), Nightvision 300', Track by scent 66%; by sight 80%, Glide for over 10 miles without flapping wings
Animal and Psionics: See the Invisible, Sense Evil, Sense Magic, Sixth Sense, and Empathy (receives only). Range: 600 foot area.
User avatar
Ya-Blik
Dimension Master
Posts: 172
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:56 am
Location: Palladium Fantasy GM & DM

Re: In Llorn ... But for How Long? (Group A)

Post by Ya-Blik »

Date: 17 September, 345
Time: 2030
Environment: Clear and calm
Location: Llorn, The Crooked Dog Inn




OOC: A formatting note, stars **** are used to help denote Thoughts. While quotation marks " " are used for Speech.

Silhouette discerns how uninvited intrusion into one's mind can be disruptive and why a few of her old colleagues disliked it on occassion. She then decides that with her iron will this Rittz, *must have been trying for an hour to send that one thought!* She responds to Ravenscroft, "Not all you say is wrong, but it lacks fullness. I have had months to think about the past and present and have had an eagles eye view of my own conduct. I did apologize to all who I willfully insulted before I departed. I had not intended to be gone so long, only days, but today's reason for bringing you together is why that happened. As to the past party disbanding, I was also not expecting that myself. I thought Tyral and Predat might be out somewhere together when they hadn't shown tonight ... But, if they wanted to go their separate ways what would it have changed if I was here? ... Llorn does things differently than you may be familiar. Almost no contract pays in advance and most hinge on success, even vague jobs before I got paid. Unwise, yes, but this is Llorn."

Silhouette points at the chest on the table still speaking to the Northerner and responds, "Vague terms to find some marauding orcs in this case, do have their rewards from time to time as you can see. My terms though afford you the chance to come out ahead even without success and to myself no cost if we do succeed, as I hope the inclusion of your skills among this company can bring to fruition. What I know or at least think I know that is important has been told to all of you." She does however recall that payment amounts were at least identified prior to her having departed the City for the Orc Castle, and even her very first task in Llorn had a base-price identified by Sir Sincerus ... it was not much but it was an actual daily sum offered. Then again, abstract as it was Silhouette thinks back on her own words, and she had offered an amount, 'four times your split here,' although she had never actually asked Ravenscroft or Ramsis what they had been paid.

Eventually Silhouette grabs wine glass from the serving girl and offers a last look at Ravenscroft, "I apologize though for my phrasing ... That caused my words to insult." She turns to Azure and declares her portion of a prior debt to be paid from registration at the Mage's guild before 'directing' him to look after her recent payment, then welcomes Ramsis while asking about what kind of allies does Lopnel favors.

Silhouette takes her leave of the others and crosses the taproom with the glass of red wine, "I will return after seeing to this distraction. And if you want to continue this conversation I can do so telepathically. Just call my name and clap your hands. If you wish to decline this venture though I do not know how to convince you otherwise beyond overindulging you alone from purse beyond what I will pay the others, I ask you to please enjoy your meal and I wish you luck."

*Excuse me.* Silhouette crudely thinks to herself as she walks the distance to the man's table, *Yes, excuse me, it has been months since my womanly needs have been met...* Silhouette nods and smiles as she states to him, *Risky to send such an expensive glass to someone who you don't know will waste it? ... Most find it hard to send message's to me. Which begs the question, how long did it take you?*

**No, not really,** responds the Elf's smooth baritone-feeling voice in her mind, **First try. You keep thinking that thing about how long it should take to make a bit of contact. Get a century of practice in and you get used to many different types of mental barriers. Womanly needs eh?
You don't seem old enough to have held that title [woman] for long. It sounds like you are trying to get folks to chase after someone who stole something from your family, but surely an evening with a me would not take you away from the task for too long ... you can rejoin your friends in after some quality time.**


Meanwhile Ravenscroft clears his throat and offers Azure and Ramsis a place to rest for the evening, before scribbling down a note on a slip of paper to place in the chest, ”Well I have no intentions of waiting for Silhouette to entertain a random dalliance. If you care to join me, please do, if not I’ll see you sometime tomorrow.” Ramsis offers to secure Azure to the Chest with a spun spider-tether, but the Ogre declines (perhaps because of his Merinthophobia (phobic reaction to being restrained).

Watching as Sil leaves the table, Ramsis notices the elf and becomes annoyed enough to call on his lady Tark, "Damn pretty boy. He is interrupting a meeting for some drinking? ... This is not right. We were talking!! ... In the name of my lady, I give you Gas. May this be a lesson in how to not interrupt others as well as manners.” [There does not seem to be any immediate effect.]



Butcher's Bill:
Azure: -8 ISP
Doc:
Ramsis:
Silhouette: -47 PPE


What are you doing?
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 402
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01
Contact:

Re: In Llorn ... But for How Long? (Group A)

Post by Silhouette »

JIC: 1d20: [15] = 15 1d100: [66] = 66
Perc: 68% / 1d100: [53] = 53
Rittz wrote:*No, not really,** responds the Elf's smooth baritone-feeling voice in her mind, **First try. You keep thinking that thing about how long it should take to make a bit of contact. Get a century of practice in and you get used to many different types of mental barriers. Womanly needs eh?

You don't seem old enough to have held that title [woman] for long. It sounds like you are trying to get folks to chase after someone who stole something from your family, but surely an evening with a me would not take you away from the task for too long ... you can rejoin your friends in after some quality time.**
Silhouette lifts an eyebrow and sashaying in place (Dance 47% / 1d100: [76] = 76 ) answers,"This is the quality time after weeks on the road." Silhouette leans her head to the side and as her shoulder length hair black as starless night tumbles says,"But without a century of practice even I know that surface thoughts not in conversation should be left to pretense that they are not known." Sighing with almost a pout she adds,"It does so take the excitement out of the game otherwise."

Raising the glass of wine she has been holding to take a sip she pauses and asks,"Rittz, have we met before?" Shrugging but not putting the idea fully away, his face seems very familiar but she couldn't place from where or if it was just a likeness. Swirling the ruddy liquid Silhouette lets her body tune out toxins (Impervious to Poison/Toxin -4 ISP) as she considers how much more alcohol wine tends to have and takes a sip of the hopefully excellent tasting wine.

Silhouette settles her leather clad rump down on the side of one of the table's chairs,"Well Rittz the century elf, I am Sil." Glancing to the Doctor Ravenscroft she continues thinking now in reply to the elf,"No the play may not be possible. I sauntered over here hoping he would sit there, drinking and eating and welcome to the offer." Smiling ruefully her head moves as if her mouth were as she hangs her head to touch it with her hand,"But instead he is very much reminding me of my self-importance when I first joined with some others after coming to Llorn."

Silhouette purses her lips before she turns suddenly and stares at Rittz thinking quickly and intensely,"You wouldn't have a way to...suggest to him that four thousand was enough and to stay?" Silhouette lifts her eyebrows smiling seductively (Seduction -- 44% / 1d100: [56] = 56 ) but more for impression than to sway him she adds,"It is very fair anyway, but then my mind would be free of concern and we could share instead in distraction that is more...pleasant."
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 164/164 | I.S.P.: 58/58 | H.P.: 45/45 | S.D.C.:65/65
Conditions:Sixth Sense, Recognize various magics(see O.O.C. special abilities)
Armor: Studded Leather (AR13 / 38/38 SDC (-5% mobility)
Weapon: In-Hand: Bow. On person: Silver dagger & two dwarven daggers in sheath at belt, 2x throwing inside wrist armor/2x throwing in boots & 36 arrows on back.
Image
User avatar
Doctor Ravenscroft
Posts: 58
Joined: Sat May 09, 2020 12:15 pm

Re: In Llorn ... But for How Long? (Group A)

Post by Doctor Ravenscroft »

Perception: 1d100: [93] = 93 /49%
Just in Case: 1d20: [11] = 11 / 1d100: [71] = 71
Conditions: Sixth Sense.

With Azure and Ramsis' declining his offer Doctor Ravenscroft gets up. "I'll see you all tomorrow sometime then." Ravenscroft says as he gets up and leaves the tavern. Once outside, the doctor dons his customary mask and hat, fixes the scarf around his neck and begins the walk back to his home in the Sprawl. As he walks he mostly just looks around, freeing his mind of frustrations and annoyances. Finding them problematic to a good nights sleep.

If this is how she plans on running her "company" than maybe I would be better to decline. Though if she agrees to the amount, I will have no real reason to not say yes. Sixty thousand is enough for me to suffer her personality. Ravenscroft thinks with a sigh behind his mask. I should talk to Tyral... or just do the research myself at the Mage's guild. They should have plenty of materials on all the subjects needed. I can do that in the morning I suppose, she likely won't be up early. Ravenscroft thinks to himself as he walks down the cobbled streets.

Ravenscroft's mood is relatively improved by time he hits the less maintained streets of the sprawl. Wonder if anyone I spoke to will actually deal with the vampires hiding in the sewers. Likely not. He thinks with a half smirk as he approaches his home. Unlocking the door, Ravenscroft heads in and closes the door behind him, the dark of the room comforting. Gunther leaps from the doctors shoulder and finds his spot on the roost Ravenscroft set up for him, while the doctor begins to take off his mask, hat, scarf, and long coat. Free of his outer garments, Ravenscroft makes his way to a candle and lights it. before finishing his nightly rituals of readying himself for bed. Ravenscroft settles into bed for a good nights sleep.
Doctor Ravenscroft
"I just think about sickness, cancer in children, earthquakes, war, painful death. Death, just death. If these things are just part of our natural environment why do we think of them as evil? Why do they horrify us so? Unless we were meant for someplace else.” ~Col. Kane
Doctor Ravenscroft
P.P.E.: 79
I.S.P.: 47
H.P.: 38
S.D.C.: 35
Studded Leather Armor (Full Suit)
AR: 13; S.D.C.: 38
Magic Short Bow 1818 Arrows
Dagger
Conditions: Sixth Sense.
User avatar
Ya-Blik
Dimension Master
Posts: 172
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:56 am
Location: Palladium Fantasy GM & DM

Re: In Llorn ... But for How Long? (Group A)

Post by Ya-Blik »

Date: 17 September, 345
Time: 2040
Environment: Clear and calm
Location: Llorn, The Crooked Dog Inn




Not wanting to become a stumblebum off a half-glass of red wine, Silhouette opts to trigger a psychic power to overcome any effect [-4 ISP] as she shamelessly flirts with Rittz before proposing that he invade and change Ravenscroft's mind about how much the Northerner should charge for the task she proposes. She turns suddenly and stares at Rittz thinking quickly and intensely, *You wouldn't have a way to...suggest to him that four thousand was enough and to stay? It is very fair anyway, but then my mind would be free of concern and we could share instead in distraction that is more...pleasant.*

She receives a cautiously raised eyebrow from Rittz before his mental voice sounds back with derision, *Girl you have known me 30 seconds and you are trying to get me to alter your 'friend's' memory to save you money? That does not offend your sense of social or psychic etiquette? ... Either way though, I will pass. The idea of an evening at play is suddenly less enchanting.*

Rittz and Ravenscroft find their feet at almost the same time, and as the Elf crosses towards the stairs Silhouette sees Ravenscroft (having said his goodbyes) head for the door. Azure, scanning the thoughts of others around him touches the mind and meets the proverbial eye of the Elf (Rittz) moving away in a huff, *... trashy, very coarse asking strangers to mess with the minds of those she claims as comrades ... that girl is ...* --- connection is lost ---.

Ravenscroft brushes past a man brusquely headed for the door and the fellow seems to stumble slightly and jostle the Northerner. As the door shuts behind the Doctor though, Silhouette sees the man slip a belt pouch into folds of his cloak.

Meanwhile Ramsis and Azure drink beer and ponder the Doctor's abrupt departure.

OOC: Doc. Not home yet but consider yourself in transit.


Butcher's Bill:
Azure: -8 ISP
Doc: ~~Missing Something~~
Ramsis:
Silhouette: -47 PPE, -4 ISP


What are you doing?
User avatar
Doctor Ravenscroft
Posts: 58
Joined: Sat May 09, 2020 12:15 pm

Re: In Llorn ... But for How Long? (Group A)

Post by Doctor Ravenscroft »

Perception: 1d100: [6] = 6 /49%
Just in Case: 1d20: [12] = 12 / 1d100: [96] = 96
Conditions: Sixth Sense.

Ravenscroft shrugs off the man bumping into him, and continues homeward. If this is how she plans on running her "company" than maybe I would be better to decline. Though if she agrees to the amount, I will have no real reason to not say yes. Sixty thousand is enough for me to suffer her personality. Ravenscroft thinks with a sigh behind his mask. I should talk to Tyral... or just do the research myself at the Mage's guild. They should have plenty of materials on all the subjects needed. I can do that in the morning I suppose, she likely won't be up early. Ravenscroft thinks to himself as he walks down the cobbled streets.

Ravenscroft's mood is relatively improved by time he hits the less maintained streets of the sprawl. Wonder if anyone I spoke to will actually deal with the vampires hiding in the sewers. Likely not. He thinks with a half smirk as he approaches his home. Unlocking the door, Ravenscroft heads in and closes the door behind him, the dark of the room comforting. Gunther leaps from the doctors shoulder and finds his spot on the roost Ravenscroft set up for him, while the doctor begins to take off his mask, hat, scarf, and long coat. Free of his outer garments, Ravenscroft makes his way to a candle and lights it. before finishing his nightly rituals of readying himself for bed. Ravenscroft settles into bed for a good nights sleep.
Doctor Ravenscroft
"I just think about sickness, cancer in children, earthquakes, war, painful death. Death, just death. If these things are just part of our natural environment why do we think of them as evil? Why do they horrify us so? Unless we were meant for someplace else.” ~Col. Kane
Doctor Ravenscroft
P.P.E.: 79
I.S.P.: 47
H.P.: 38
S.D.C.: 35
Studded Leather Armor (Full Suit)
AR: 13; S.D.C.: 38
Magic Short Bow 1818 Arrows
Dagger
Conditions: Sixth Sense.
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 402
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01
Contact:

Re: In Llorn ... But for How Long? (Group A)

Post by Silhouette »

JIC: 1d20: [13] = 13 1d100: [97] = 97
Perc: 83% / 1d100: [82] = 82 (Enhanced Perception power)

Silhouette frowns if not pouts while Rittz dresses her down his words causing her cheeks pull in as she sucks on her teeth. As he departs she watches and thinks,"I only half meant it...I really wouldn't have to think about recruiting him if... If... Damn it Ravenscroft you're ruining my nights plans twice! Not joining, now my fun!" Silhouette's head tilts as she raises a hand halfway to call to Ravenscroft in anger as she witnesses the pilfering of his belt pouch but before she can muster the new words or even psychically call out the door shuts behind him. Furrowing her brows she tracks the belt pouch and the exact hand/shoulder as it goes into the thief's cloak. Silhouette scoots her bum from the table's bench, her glass being left behind as she pushes it across the table away from her.

Silhouette moves lithely as she closes the distance on the thief looking at a patron well past him to hide her focus on him as she considers her values Particularly ransom and compromise. They were valuable tools she couldn't help utilizing that motivate her actions now. She wasn't one to steal, but like ransom and compromise taking advantage was not at all the same as directly depriving another of their possessions as this thief had in permanent fashion. The belt pouch was not the thief's so her rules of conduct were not in play by taking it away from him in turn, so It really was more like repossession. Silhouette uses Psionic Seeking on the belt pouch though she likely won't need the help simplifying her hand finding the pouch in the thief's own (-6 ISP Psionic Seeking - 85% / 1d100: [40] = 40 ) & Enhanced Perception (-10 ISP)) to be sharper.

Silhouette vocalizes as quietly as she can (Prowl 97% / 1d100: [66] = 66 ) while she casts Time Slip (-24 PPE).

In all cases below she will follow the Psionic Seeking on the belt pouch to find it more succinctly; the description below is to aid GM understanding.
Silhouette will after casting Time Slip start at the man's shoulder that he had used to take the belt pouch and use his arm as a guide down the thief to his hand while her other hand pulls the cloak away. If the belt pouch is in the thief's hand she will take the belt pouch from the thief before casting Invisibility Simple and moving away. She then goes goes back to her booth while putting Ravenscroft's belt pouch into her dimensional bag on the way there.

Contingency if not in his hand; Silhouette draws a dwarven dagger and slices the thief's cloak binding around his neck (1 action) her other hand hefting the cloak away off his back in case the pouch had been dropped into a pocket within the cloak. If the man doesn't have the pouch in hand and the cloak is weighed down or Psionic seeking is following the cloak Silhouette will cast invisibility Simple (-7 PPE), before sheathing the dagger so as not to accidentally stab a drunken patron. She will go back to her booth where Rittz left her while rifling through the cloak; if she finds the belt pouch before then she will drop the cloak on the ground. If not she will jump on the booth table though careful of knocking the wine over so that she's out of the way of anyone who might think to sit down at the empty booth. She will rifle through the cloak until she has Ravencroft's pouch in hand and slips it into her dimensional bag. She will then stuff the cloak under the table at the shadowy wall side of the and let it go.

Once she has the pouch in her own dimensional bag; she will prowl into a hidden spot and cast Chameleon (-7 PPE) while holding still ( 1d100: [13] = 13 ) to reduce attention to her appearing again as merely someone lost in peripheral vision as she dismisses invisibility. Prowl: 97% / 1d100: [99] = 99 She will then go to Azure and Ramsis and tell them we need to depart and asks,"Did Ravenscroft tell either of you where to find him before he left?"

Silhouette will use Fast Talking -- 38% / 1d100: [11] = 11 in case of someone noticing her saying,"She she's had too much to drink. I mean, I...have."
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 164/164 | I.S.P.: 58/58 | H.P.: 45/45 | S.D.C.:65/65
Conditions:Sixth Sense, Recognize various magics(see O.O.C. special abilities)
Armor: Studded Leather (AR13 / 38/38 SDC (-5% mobility)
Weapon: In-Hand: Bow. On person: Silver dagger & two dwarven daggers in sheath at belt, 2x throwing inside wrist armor/2x throwing in boots & 36 arrows on back.
Image
User avatar
Azure
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 94
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:17 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: In Llorn ... But for How Long? (Group A)

Post by Azure »

Perception: 77% 1d100: [45] = 45
D20 JiC: 1d20: [14] = 14 / D100 JiC: 1d100: [57] = 57

Conditions: Gaozir’s shared senses, Mind-Block Auto Defense.
Butcher Bill: Empathic charisma (20 minutes)
OOC Comments
Range: 30’ Duration: 5 min/lvl I.S.P.: 10
Saving Throw: Standard.
Similar in nature to the magical spell Charismatic Aura, this power enhances the natural charm of the psychic. Empathic Charisma endows the psychic with a limited form of Empathy and Empathic Transmission that helps him to determine the basic mood and desires of people around him. Although the psychic will not be able to fully sense and pinpoint the exact emotions of those around him, it will give the psychic a vague sense of each person's general emotional state. The psychic can also transmit any general emotion to those around him. This transmitted emotion will not change anyone's actual feelings, but may sway them in the direction the psychic wishes. Using Empathic Charisma, the psychic will typically be able to swindle, trick, or con one person or an entire group. This is further enhanced when used in conjunction with other powers, such as Telepathy, Empathy, Empathic Transmission, and Enhanced Perception (see above). For the duration of this ability, the psychic will have his M.A. raised by 1D4+2 points and his P.B. raised by 2 points. The psychic will also have trust/intimidate and charm/impress skills equal to 85% (or the value given by their enhanced M.A. and P.B., whichever is higher). Those who save against Empathic Charisma will not radiate their emotions to the psychic, nor are they influenced the psychic's transmitted emotions or charisma. The psychic is -30% to trust/intimidate and charm/impress skills against those who save.
Telepathy: Superior (8 min.)
OOC Comments
Range: 100 ft. +50 ft./lvl for probe, or 200 ft. +100 ft./lvl for two-way communication.
Duration: 2 min/lvl, I.S.P.: 8
Saving Throw: Standard.
Just like the lesser Sensitive power of Telepathy, Telepathy: Superior grants the ability to hear surface thoughts, or send and receive telepathic messages. However, this superior form of the power gives the character the ability to read deeper or even subconscious thoughts. If the victim fails the saving throw, the psychic will be able to read thoughts on any subject he wants. This
can include passwords, names of contacts, the victim's true name, and even skills. Sometimes (40% +3% per level of experience chance) the character will be even able to see or hear parts of memories associated with the thoughts he is reading from the victim. A saving throw should be rolled for each skill/memory/thought that the character tries to read. The character can make one attempt to pull information from the victim for each attack per melee.
Skill rolls:
Blind Fighting 55%/ 1d100: [13] = 13
Language: Eastern: 40% (+5%, 1st Level)/ 1d100: [78] = 78

Azure, scanning the thoughts of others around him touches the mind and meets the proverbial eye of the Elf (Rittz) moving away in a huff, *... trashy, very coarse asking strangers to mess with the minds of those she claims as comrades ... that girl is ...* --- connection is lost ---
Azure in thought sits with one hand on a beer and his other hand prominently displaying dangerous claws dug deep into the wooden lid of the chest containing a supposed fortune. Goazir looks towards the elf with one eye titling his direction as he departs. Comrades? Is he talking about her? So she isn’t going to his room… Azure thinks relieved and pondering what was meant by changing minds.

The mug of beer he is consuming begins creeping into his senses despite his very large stature further exacerbated by his inexperience because his teacher never allowed him to partake. Muddling his better judgement he reaches out with his telepathy towards Silhouettes mind. [What does she think of me?] he mentally questions. As it turns out, ogres…young ogres can too be impulsive asking questions any juvenile would want to know about a very attractive girl. Gaozir sensing Azure’s feelings tilts his head looking towards the Sil. [And what’s a familiar?] the ogre randomly thinks recalling the question for Ramsis left lingering. "So...." Azure will say passing the time as they sit there in silence drinking left to their thoughts.


Gaozir:
Perception: Perception: 28%/ 1d100: [13] = 13
D20 JiC: 1d20: [14] = 14 /D100 JiC: 1d100: [48] = 48
Roosting on Azures left forearm looking over his left shoulder.
Azure Languages: N:Gobblely, Eastern, Elven, Giantese
I.S.P.: 129/159 | P.P.E.: 1/1 | H.P.: 40/40 (0/5) | S.D.C.: 76/76 (0/70)
Conditions: Sixth Sense, Total Recall, Blind without familiar, Mind's Eye, or Blind Fighting
Armor: Quilted Tunic | A.R.: 8 | S.D.C.: 15/15 | Modifiers:-
Weapon: Long Spear | Dmg: 3d6+19 | Modifiers: +9 strike, +9 parry, +11 throw | Throw Range: 180' S.N. 240'| Dmg: 4d6
Familiar: Gaozir (See Equipment for Combat Data) | S.D.C.: 51/51 | H.P.:- | APR: 2 (+2 Strike/Dodge) Damage: 2D4+2 (talons or beak), Dive Bomb: 4d4+4 (2 actions)
Abilities: Horror Factor: 10, Spd: 33 (66 in bursts, dive at 88), Excellent vision (2 miles), Nightvision 300', Track by scent 66%; by sight 80%, Glide for over 10 miles without flapping wings
Animal and Psionics: See the Invisible, Sense Evil, Sense Magic, Sixth Sense, and Empathy (receives only). Range: 600 foot area.
User avatar
Ramsis
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:33 am

Re: In Llorn ... But for How Long? (Group A)

Post by Ramsis »

Perception [27%]: [roll]1d100[/roll]: [24] = 24 [/roll]
D20 JiC: [roll]1d20[/roll]: [4] = 4 [/roll]
D100 JiC: [roll]1d100[/roll]: [1] = 1 [/roll]

PPE: 84/84
SDC: 13/23
HP: 36/36

Conditions:



Skills -
Speaks in Language: Eastern 99% - [roll]1d100[/roll]: [25] = 25 [/roll] = Talk
First Aid 45% - [roll]1d100[/roll]: [25] = 25 [/roll] = check over azure for level of drunkenness
Brewing 55%/60% - [roll]1d100[/roll]: [26] = 26 [/roll] = estimate how much alcohol is in beer




POST -
Ramsis catches the tail end of Dr. Ravenscroft’s departure. ” uhh... Good night, I guess.” Giving a half-hearted wave to the back of the Doctor, Ramsis looks over to Azure. ” About your question earlier. A familiar is an animal or bird, that attaches spiritually to a caster of some kind. More than a pet, more like an extension of the soul.” He looks at Proximo with love and then at Gaosir with respect. ” My familiar is a spider. My blessed lady sent him to me as a sign of her love and trust. His name is Proximo. He is as close to me a real brother.”

He stops dead in his speech as he realizes Azure never said a word. ” Wtf?? Is he too drunk to control his powers? If so, he needs to go to bed soon.” He gently places his hand on Azure’s, ” You okay, big guy?” Using his skills, he checks his friend out. With what he knows of brewing, and his limited medical knowledge, Ramsis tries to figure out how drunk his friend is.
User avatar
Ya-Blik
Dimension Master
Posts: 172
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:56 am
Location: Palladium Fantasy GM & DM

Re: In Llorn ... But for How Long? (Group A)

Post by Ya-Blik »

Date: 17 September, 345
Time: 2045
Environment: Clear and calm
Location: Llorn, The Crooked Dog Inn




Silhouette observes a purse being lifted from the source of her own aggravation, Ravenscroft, but rather than turning a blind eye decides to impart a bit of jungle-inspired-justice. She casts Time-Slip and deftly re-lifts the Northerner's belt purse from the pickpocket that was placing it into a pocket on his travelling cloak. The process is childs play given her ability to move through space while time is stopped, and by the time that time starts up again, Silhouette is by Rittz's window table ready to re-approach Azure and Ramsis.

She returns to the table and asks, "Did Ravenscroft tell either of you where to find him before he left?"

Azure does a brief telepathic scan of Silhouette, but finds her mind closed to his inquiry (Saved). He then poses a query to Ramsis about the nature of Familiars to which the Dwarf responds out loud, "A familiar is an animal or bird, that attaches spiritually to a caster of some kind. More than a pet, more like an extension of the soul. My familiar is a spider. My blessed lady sent him to me as a sign of her love and trust. His name is Proximo. He is as close to me a real brother.” Ramsis does not see that the beer has had any significant effect on the thickly built Azure (489 lbs!).

=================

Meanwhile in the Sprawl, Ravenscroft arrives home from the Crooked Dog Inn. Gunther leaps from the Doctor's shoulder and finds his spot on the roost Ravenscroft set up for him, while the doctor begins to take off his mask, hat, scarf, and long coat. Free of his outer garments, Ravenscroft makes his way to a candle and lights it to wash up for the evening.


Butcher's Bill:
Azure: -8 ISP
Doc: ~~Missing Something~~
Ramsis:
Silhouette: -71 PPE, -4 ISP


What are you doing?
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 402
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01
Contact:

Re: In Llorn ... But for How Long? (Group A)

Post by Silhouette »

JIC: 1d100: [30] = 30 1d20: [17] = 17
Perc: 68% / 1d100: [22] = 22

Silhouette turns back to Rittz's table and smiles as she procures her glass and the bottle if he had left it and pours his left overs into her glass. Going back to the group's table she plops down with the grace of a victor on her thrown as Ramsis goes about his explanation of familiars. Silhouette nods to herself conscientiously as her eyes downcast and waiting catches the tables many scratches and holes made from heavy armor dragging across it's top and knives stabbed angrily into it from disagreements as the priest speaks.

Silhouette ponders the priest's ideas as words tumble from her mouth before she knows it as she says,"But isn't that like...someone giving you a baby 'brother' and telling you to take it to war?" Silhouette's brows rise below her widening eyes while she sips the wine glass as a thought occurs,"See, Azure's flies? It isn't a perfectly safe thing but much better than..." Looking at Proximo, the forsaken mage dons a skeptical pursing of lips,"Wearing your friend around seems like trying to have a clutch of eggs in your pocket and hoping you do not break them."

Silhouette reaches out and pats Azure's arm and says,"But anyway, you've done well watching this." Gesturing at the chest she she thinks,"Ravenscroft losing his purse is not a thing to neglect the lesson of..." Silhouette causally looks around the tavern and at the patrons seeing if any eyes or heads turn away in fained disinterest ash she tells her companions in a low voice,"We should retire from here before it gets too late where the streets are overly empty and find a place to make plans for the coming weeks where we are not sharing them." And even lower she adds,"And because I think some might try for the chest..." Silhouette taps the table in the universal signal of,"Shall we depart?" As she drains the glass of wine savoring the senses and aroma over her tongue and grabs the bottle from the table she says,"Well?"
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 164/164 | I.S.P.: 58/58 | H.P.: 45/45 | S.D.C.:65/65
Conditions:Sixth Sense, Recognize various magics(see O.O.C. special abilities)
Armor: Studded Leather (AR13 / 38/38 SDC (-5% mobility)
Weapon: In-Hand: Bow. On person: Silver dagger & two dwarven daggers in sheath at belt, 2x throwing inside wrist armor/2x throwing in boots & 36 arrows on back.
Image
User avatar
Doctor Ravenscroft
Posts: 58
Joined: Sat May 09, 2020 12:15 pm

Re: In Llorn ... But for How Long? (Group A)

Post by Doctor Ravenscroft »

Perception: 1d100: [40] = 40 /49%
Just in Case: 1d20: [10] = 10 ; 1d100: [43] = 43
Conditions: Sixth Sense (Inactive)

Ravenscroft carefully goes about the task of removing the bandages covering the tattoos and scars that run the length of his arms, coiling the cloth up into rolls and placing it on the dresser, this is followed by his linen shirt, that reveals extensive arcane symbols tattooed and scarred into his pale flesh. Once free of his upper coverings, Bertrand, takes a measure of water in a bowl and a cloth and wipes the days grime from his body. All in all it's almost ritualistic, a calming task to center the man.

Once Ravenscroft is clean, he moves the candle over to his bedside and picks up the book sitting on the nightstand. On rot and grime... A study... Bertrand thinks as he reads the title page, before turning to a page farther in the book, and continuing his reading from where he last left off. Bertrand reads for a while before placing his marker and blowing out the candle.
Doctor Ravenscroft
"I just think about sickness, cancer in children, earthquakes, war, painful death. Death, just death. If these things are just part of our natural environment why do we think of them as evil? Why do they horrify us so? Unless we were meant for someplace else.” ~Col. Kane
Doctor Ravenscroft
P.P.E.: 79
I.S.P.: 47
H.P.: 38
S.D.C.: 35
Studded Leather Armor (Full Suit)
AR: 13; S.D.C.: 38
Magic Short Bow 1818 Arrows
Dagger
Conditions: Sixth Sense.
User avatar
Azure
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 94
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:17 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: In Llorn ... But for How Long? (Group A)

Post by Azure »

Perception: 77% 1d100: [97] = 97
D20 JiC: 1d20: [9] = 9 / D100 JiC: 1d100: [75] = 75

Conditions: Gaozir’s shared senses, Mind-Block Auto Defense.
Butcher Bill: Empathic charisma (20 minutes)
OOC Comments
Range: 30’ Duration: 5 min/lvl I.S.P.: 10
Saving Throw: Standard.
Similar in nature to the magical spell Charismatic Aura, this power enhances the natural charm of the psychic. Empathic Charisma endows the psychic with a limited form of Empathy and Empathic Transmission that helps him to determine the basic mood and desires of people around him. Although the psychic will not be able to fully sense and pinpoint the exact emotions of those around him, it will give the psychic a vague sense of each person's general emotional state. The psychic can also transmit any general emotion to those around him. This transmitted emotion will not change anyone's actual feelings, but may sway them in the direction the psychic wishes. Using Empathic Charisma, the psychic will typically be able to swindle, trick, or con one person or an entire group. This is further enhanced when used in conjunction with other powers, such as Telepathy, Empathy, Empathic Transmission, and Enhanced Perception (see above). For the duration of this ability, the psychic will have his M.A. raised by 1D4+2 points and his P.B. raised by 2 points. The psychic will also have trust/intimidate and charm/impress skills equal to 85% (or the value given by their enhanced M.A. and P.B., whichever is higher). Those who save against Empathic Charisma will not radiate their emotions to the psychic, nor are they influenced the psychic's transmitted emotions or charisma. The psychic is -30% to trust/intimidate and charm/impress skills against those who save.
Telepathy: Superior (8 min.)
OOC Comments
Range: 100 ft. +50 ft./lvl for probe, or 200 ft. +100 ft./lvl for two-way communication.
Duration: 2 min/lvl, I.S.P.: 8
Saving Throw: Standard.
Just like the lesser Sensitive power of Telepathy, Telepathy: Superior grants the ability to hear surface thoughts, or send and receive telepathic messages. However, this superior form of the power gives the character the ability to read deeper or even subconscious thoughts. If the victim fails the saving throw, the psychic will be able to read thoughts on any subject he wants. This
can include passwords, names of contacts, the victim's true name, and even skills. Sometimes (40% +3% per level of experience chance) the character will be even able to see or hear parts of memories associated with the thoughts he is reading from the victim. A saving throw should be rolled for each skill/memory/thought that the character tries to read. The character can make one attempt to pull information from the victim for each attack per melee.
Skill rolls:
Blind Fighting 55%/ 1d100: [63] = 63
Language: Eastern: 40% (+5%, 1st Level)/ 1d100: [37] = 37

Azure thinks on Ramsis and Sil’s words about familiars. Goa. Do you feel safe on my shoulder? Lifting the mug up to the birds face to take a drink. ”Do you like it there on your perch?” he whispers to the bird. I suppose to do. Like a Balgoor Lion up on its mighty cliff. He strokes down the back of the birds body, flicking his tail feathers through his fingers and ending with a gentle patting. His hand comes down to rest next to the chest of gold to accompany the other hand still dug in claw deep into the wooden finish.
Silhouette wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:22 pm“We should retire from here before it gets too late where the streets are overly empty and find a place to make plans for the coming weeks where we are not sharing them." And even lower she adds,"And because I think some might try for the chest..." Silhouette taps the table in the universal signal of,"Shall we depart?" As she drains the glass of wine savoring the senses and aroma over her tongue and grabs the bottle from the table she says,"Well?"
Azure answers Sil after her rapping the table, ”Eh? Doc offered me a place to stay at his home. He seemed agreeable at least to that much.”. he mumbles out retightening his grip on the chest.Would it be easy to take this for myself? he reconsiders standing and hefting the chest under his arm. ” It will be easy to find. Follow me.” Azure says without explaining. [Psionic Seeking-Ravenscroft 60%/ 1d100: [85] = 85 2nd attempt 1d100: [32] = 32
OOC Comments

Psionic Seeking Rifter #25 Pg. 78
Range: 1 mile/lvl Duration: 5 min/lvl I.S.P.: 6
With this power the character will be able to sense and possibly find any object or person he desires. The psychic needs to have some knowledge of the person or item he is trying to find.
This knowledge can include meeting the person or touching the item in the past, having a picture of the person or item, having an item that belongs to the person he is searching for, or having the owner of the item present. The base chance of finding someone or something is 40% +5% per level of experience. If the character is looking for an item of his own, or a close friend or relative, he gains a +20% to this roll. Even if the character fails the roll to find the person or item, he will be able to sense whether or not the object is within his range.
Gaozir:
Perception: Perception: 28%/ 1d100: [10] = 10
D20 JiC: 1d20: [1] = 1 /D100 JiC: 1d100: [85] = 85
Roosting on Azures left forearm looking over his left shoulder.
Azure Languages: N:Gobblely, Eastern, Elven, Giantese
I.S.P.: 129/159 | P.P.E.: 1/1 | H.P.: 40/40 (0/5) | S.D.C.: 76/76 (0/70)
Conditions: Sixth Sense, Total Recall, Blind without familiar, Mind's Eye, or Blind Fighting
Armor: Quilted Tunic | A.R.: 8 | S.D.C.: 15/15 | Modifiers:-
Weapon: Long Spear | Dmg: 3d6+19 | Modifiers: +9 strike, +9 parry, +11 throw | Throw Range: 180' S.N. 240'| Dmg: 4d6
Familiar: Gaozir (See Equipment for Combat Data) | S.D.C.: 51/51 | H.P.:- | APR: 2 (+2 Strike/Dodge) Damage: 2D4+2 (talons or beak), Dive Bomb: 4d4+4 (2 actions)
Abilities: Horror Factor: 10, Spd: 33 (66 in bursts, dive at 88), Excellent vision (2 miles), Nightvision 300', Track by scent 66%; by sight 80%, Glide for over 10 miles without flapping wings
Animal and Psionics: See the Invisible, Sense Evil, Sense Magic, Sixth Sense, and Empathy (receives only). Range: 600 foot area.
User avatar
Ya-Blik
Dimension Master
Posts: 172
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:56 am
Location: Palladium Fantasy GM & DM

Re: In Llorn ... But for How Long? (Group A)

Post by Ya-Blik »

Date: 17 September, 345
Time: 2100
Environment: Clear and calm
Location: Llorn, The Crooked Dog Inn




Silhouette offers her perspective on the relative value of a Bird-Familiar vs a Spider to Ramsis, and Azure glances up from his reverie to answers Sil's prior inquiry, "Eh? Doc offered me a place to stay at his home. He seemed agreeable at least to that much ... It will be easy to find. Follow me.”. Azure rises with the chest and begins to head across the common room for the door as he mentally seeks his acquaintance [Psionic Seeking-Ravenscroft, 2x], he can feel the overall general direction.

Ramsis and Silhouette follow the Ogre towards the door, and as they step out into the night air you come across another Dwarf-Human-Ogre grouping. Silhouette recognizes 2 of the trio as former comrades, Trask-the-almost-as-grumpy-as-Tyral, and Durak-the-just-as-grumpy-as-Tyral-but-less-pretty.


=================

Somewhere in the Sprawl, Ravenscroft drifts off to sleep. --- Ravenscroft now out of game.



Butcher's Bill:
Azure: -20 ISP
Bonk:
Durak:
Ramsis:
Silhouette: -71 PPE, -4 ISP
Trask:


What are you doing?
User avatar
Azure
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 94
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:17 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: In Llorn ... But for How Long? (Group A)

Post by Azure »

Perception: 77% 1d100: [24] = 24
D20 JiC: 1d20: [15] = 15 / D100 JiC: 1d100: [6] = 6

Conditions: Gaozir’s shared senses, Mind-Block Auto Defense.
Butcher Bill: Empathic charisma (20 minutes)
OOC Comments
Range: 30’ Duration: 5 min/lvl I.S.P.: 10
Saving Throw: Standard.
Similar in nature to the magical spell Charismatic Aura, this power enhances the natural charm of the psychic. Empathic Charisma endows the psychic with a limited form of Empathy and Empathic Transmission that helps him to determine the basic mood and desires of people around him. Although the psychic will not be able to fully sense and pinpoint the exact emotions of those around him, it will give the psychic a vague sense of each person's general emotional state. The psychic can also transmit any general emotion to those around him. This transmitted emotion will not change anyone's actual feelings, but may sway them in the direction the psychic wishes. Using Empathic Charisma, the psychic will typically be able to swindle, trick, or con one person or an entire group. This is further enhanced when used in conjunction with other powers, such as Telepathy, Empathy, Empathic Transmission, and Enhanced Perception (see above). For the duration of this ability, the psychic will have his M.A. raised by 1D4+2 points and his P.B. raised by 2 points. The psychic will also have trust/intimidate and charm/impress skills equal to 85% (or the value given by their enhanced M.A. and P.B., whichever is higher). Those who save against Empathic Charisma will not radiate their emotions to the psychic, nor are they influenced the psychic's transmitted emotions or charisma. The psychic is -30% to trust/intimidate and charm/impress skills against those who save.
Telepathy: Superior (8 min.)
OOC Comments
Range: 100 ft. +50 ft./lvl for probe, or 200 ft. +100 ft./lvl for two-way communication.
Duration: 2 min/lvl, I.S.P.: 8
Saving Throw: Standard.
Just like the lesser Sensitive power of Telepathy, Telepathy: Superior grants the ability to hear surface thoughts, or send and receive telepathic messages. However, this superior form of the power gives the character the ability to read deeper or even subconscious thoughts. If the victim fails the saving throw, the psychic will be able to read thoughts on any subject he wants. This
can include passwords, names of contacts, the victim's true name, and even skills. Sometimes (40% +3% per level of experience chance) the character will be even able to see or hear parts of memories associated with the thoughts he is reading from the victim. A saving throw should be rolled for each skill/memory/thought that the character tries to read. The character can make one attempt to pull information from the victim for each attack per melee.
Skill rolls:
Blind Fighting 55%/ 1d100: [15] = 15
Language: Eastern: 40% (+5%, 1st Level)/ 1d100: [26] = 26

Azure nervously shifts back and forth in his boots hefting the chest tightly underarm. Tilting his head back and forth trying to get a read. Where is he? Where did he go… ”Um, I thought he was…went that way.” he mutters short of stammering. ”Did that short one with the spider familiar go with him, the doctor?” he asks. "Let me think." he says feeling as if the beautiful Sil's presence is burning a hole in the back of his head. "I can do this."Focusing he tries again using, [Psionic Seeking-Ramsis 60%/ 1d100: [14] = 14
OOC Comments

Psionic Seeking Rifter #25 Pg. 78
Range: 1 mile/lvl Duration: 5 min/lvl I.S.P.: 6
With this power the character will be able to sense and possibly find any object or person he desires. The psychic needs to have some knowledge of the person or item he is trying to find.
This knowledge can include meeting the person or touching the item in the past, having a picture of the person or item, having an item that belongs to the person he is searching for, or having the owner of the item present. The base chance of finding someone or something is 40% +5% per level of experience. If the character is looking for an item of his own, or a close friend or relative, he gains a +20% to this roll. Even if the character fails the roll to find the person or item, he will be able to sense whether or not the object is within his range.
Gaozir:
Perception: Perception: 28%/ 1d100: [8] = 8
D20 JiC: 1d20: [17] = 17 /D100 JiC: 1d100: [10] = 10
Roosting on Azures left forearm looking over his left shoulder.
Azure Languages: N:Gobblely, Eastern, Elven, Giantese
I.S.P.: 129/159 | P.P.E.: 1/1 | H.P.: 40/40 (0/5) | S.D.C.: 76/76 (0/70)
Conditions: Sixth Sense, Total Recall, Blind without familiar, Mind's Eye, or Blind Fighting
Armor: Quilted Tunic | A.R.: 8 | S.D.C.: 15/15 | Modifiers:-
Weapon: Long Spear | Dmg: 3d6+19 | Modifiers: +9 strike, +9 parry, +11 throw | Throw Range: 180' S.N. 240'| Dmg: 4d6
Familiar: Gaozir (See Equipment for Combat Data) | S.D.C.: 51/51 | H.P.:- | APR: 2 (+2 Strike/Dodge) Damage: 2D4+2 (talons or beak), Dive Bomb: 4d4+4 (2 actions)
Abilities: Horror Factor: 10, Spd: 33 (66 in bursts, dive at 88), Excellent vision (2 miles), Nightvision 300', Track by scent 66%; by sight 80%, Glide for over 10 miles without flapping wings
Animal and Psionics: See the Invisible, Sense Evil, Sense Magic, Sixth Sense, and Empathy (receives only). Range: 600 foot area.
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 402
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01
Contact:

Re: In Llorn ... But for How Long? (Group A)

Post by Silhouette »

JIC 1d20: [4] = 4 1d100: [20] = 20
Perc: 68%/ 1d100: [86] = 86

Silhouette leaves the Crooked Dog Inn with her hands defensively at her waist as she thinks,"Nobody is getting me after seeing how Ravenscroft was lifted of his possessions by the clever strategy of bumping into others 'accidentally'." Silhouette glances behind her through the door checking that her companions are following as her eyes catch a distinctively familiar face that snaps her attention back around to the meat-grinder that is Trask's visage. Instantly and excitedly she announces,"You got my magic pigeon Trask!" Smiling in the lamplight a crescent of teeth shows as she eyes the fighter up and down and says,"And you are looking hale since last we dealt with..." Her tongue catches as she wants to say Netosa but almost nobody relishes recollecting that Being as she says,"Really though, I'm happy to see your wizened face. I hope nobody died on your watch that didn't ask for it? Predat and Tyral are off somewhere else getting into their own trouble."

Silhouette turns her eyes slightly down to regard the dwarf clearing her throat,"Did your beard get longer Durak?" Silhouette remembers his help in getting that banker out of the sewers, at the very least he didn't shy from a dirty job once committed even though she had only that experience with him,"So you're here as well about the task I need help with? I'm glad, I'm glad."

Putting her arm out Silhouette indicates to shake theirs as she laughs dismissively putting them at ease to the weapons she recalls inside her cuffs and says,"Don't mind the daggers, I only stab strangers in the back." After shaking their arms she puts her fists on her hips looking at the ogre accompanying the pair,"But a friend of Trask's need not be a stranger." Holding her arm out she introduces herself,"I'm Silhouette. Are you another Red Brigade member to make a trio of you three?" Her face alights as she turns and gestures to her following companions continuing the introduction,"This is Ramsis Priest of Tark and Gaozir. Oh, and don't mind Azure here, he is just Gaozir's kind perch."

Silhouette crosses her arms as she corrects playfully,"But really Azure was just finding us our way to another we met earlier who offered him a place to sleep..." Silhouette shrugs and says,"Azure? I think for now we can let the Doctor continue doing his best in Llorn." For a moment she thinks of the man's purse in her own bag and clicks her tongue,"Well, I'll have to find him latter I suppose."

Silhouette looks around and says,"We were just looking to head somewhere that was private for a more detailed talk about our plans. It involved locating a murderer and retrieving a sword that belongs to my father." A questioning look comes across her face as she asks,"Want to come along and talk about the job?" Gesturing behind her she leans forward conspiratorially and says,"Thieves are a bit sticky of hand in there this evening." Putting a finger to her lip she adds,"I was thinking, Lycinean Pier for some good gnomish stock to drink? Old times sake and such?"
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 164/164 | I.S.P.: 58/58 | H.P.: 45/45 | S.D.C.:65/65
Conditions:Sixth Sense, Recognize various magics(see O.O.C. special abilities)
Armor: Studded Leather (AR13 / 38/38 SDC (-5% mobility)
Weapon: In-Hand: Bow. On person: Silver dagger & two dwarven daggers in sheath at belt, 2x throwing inside wrist armor/2x throwing in boots & 36 arrows on back.
Image
User avatar
Tolliver Trask
Group Leader
Posts: 192
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:54 pm
Contact:

Re: In Llorn ... But for How Long? (Group A)

Post by Tolliver Trask »

Perception: 1d100: [56] = 56 /65%
Just in Case: 1d20: [4] = 4 ; 1d100: [45] = 45
Conditions: Sixth Sense, Resistant to cold, Invisible Armor.

Trask blinks several times when he initially sees Silhouette. No. It couldn't be.
Silhouette wrote:"You got my magic pigeon Trask!..."
Trask doesn't even catch most of what's rapid fire said in his direction, but eventually does speak. "What Pigeon?" Trask says with genuine confusion. What a strange day. Trask thinks.

"What are you doing in town? I haven't seen you since the battle against the Dragon." Trask asks still sounding genuinely confused. Cards may have to wait I guess. "I haven't seen Tyral or Predat for months, and now it's just me an Durak, we picked up Bonk on the road a few weeks back. What were you saying about a sword?" Trask says, trying to answer questions he barely heard. "I haven't been to the Lycean Pier since the group basically disbanded, I have no want to return there either. I was planning on meeting an old friend here, but that can wait if need be."
Suicide King
Tolliver Trask
"Tonight, boys, we're eating like kings. We've all tasted death too much it seems." ~Shawn James
P.P.E.: 10/10
I.S.P.: 38/38
H.P.: 39/39
S.D.C.: 71/71
Constant Effects
Sixth Sense, Impervious to Fire, Resistant to Cold.
Temporary Effects
None.
Weapons in Hand
Dwarven Longsword
Armor Worn
Mjorgullan Mail Uncommon Enchanted Splint (half)
• A.R.: 12
• S.D.C.: 40/40
Tower Shield of the Hex Rare Enchanted Large Wood & Metal Plated Shield
• Indestructible
User avatar
Durak
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 220
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Re: In Llorn ... But for How Long? (Group A)

Post by Durak »

Perception 1d100<53: [30*] = 1
jic 1d100: [94] = 94 1d20: [2] = 2

Durak voraciously devoured all the training Old Thom could give him as they completed their mission and were paid. Splitting out the cash evenly,
OOC Comments
10k apiece unless we put some aside for Tindish
the group are still to decide what to do with the large letter of credit to Werringtons that he still had. Having arrived back in Llorn, Durak takes any recommendation from Old Thom and signs up with the Coalition of Merchants Guild as a Master Collector, checking the boards for any jobs to sign his name up to.

I'll have to speak to Trask and Bonk to sign on as Collectors. Pay for them will be quite good, especially for Bonk amusingly. Noting details, but committing to nothing, he meets back up with Trask and Bonk and joins them to meet Trask's old friend where upon they spy a familiar face.
Silhouette wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:46 pm Silhouette turns her eyes slightly down to regard the dwarf clearing her throat,"Did your beard get longer Durak?" Silhouette remembers his help in getting that banker out of the sewers, at the very least he didn't shy from a dirty job once committed even though she had only that experience with him,"So you're here as well about the task I need help with? I'm glad, I'm glad."
"More than likely, not as if I trim it, Durak smiles at Sil, actually happy to her, especially as Tyral was nowhere in sight.
Silhouette wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:46 pm This is Ramsis Priest of Tark and Gaozir.
Durak gives Ramsis a look, his smile quickly turning into suspicion. A Priest of the Dark Gods the idea of working with one set Durak's beard on edge. What was Sil doing working with a Priest of one of the Churches of Darkness?. He touches his symbol of Thoth to reassure himself.
Silhouette wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:46 pm Silhouette looks around and says,"We were just looking to head somewhere that was private for a more detailed talk about our plans. It involved locating a murderer and retrieving a sword that belongs to my father." A questioning look comes across her face as she asks,"Want to come along and talk about the job?" Gesturing behind her she leans forward conspiratorially and says,"Thieves are a bit sticky of hand in there this evening." Putting a finger to her lip she adds,"I was thinking, Lycinean Pier for some good gnomish stock to drink? Old times sake and such?"
He waits and lets Trask lead. Durak liked Sil, but she was mercurial at the best of times and no Tyral and Predat meant she wasn't being supervised by somebody with half a braincell.

"Might be worth hiring a room for the night to discuss things if you want some privacy?" Durak suggests, waving in a random direction away from the pier, "It think we've had our fill of Gnomes for now though."
Durak
HP 40
SDC 59
Cloak of protection AR12 SDC 50 Impervious to Fire
Bracers AR15
Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft,
Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
User avatar
Ramsis
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:33 am

Re: In Llorn ... But for How Long? (Group A)

Post by Ramsis »

Perception [27%]: [roll]1d100[/roll]
D20 JiC: [roll]1d20[/roll]
D100 JiC: [roll]1d100[/roll]

PPE: 84/84
SDC: 23/23
HP: 36/36

Conditions:



Skills -
Speaks in Language: Eastern 99% - [roll]1d100[/roll] = Talk
Lore: Religion (Jungle Pantheon, Cult of Panath, Cult of Netosa, Dragonwright, Church of Taut, Church of Light and Dark) 60% +5%
Streetwise 46% +4%
Metal working (Special): 65% +5%
Recognize Precious Metals & Stones: 60% +5% / Id Fakes 55% +5%




POST -
Silhouette offers her perspective on the relative value of a Bird-Familiar vs a Spider to Ramsis, and Azure glances up from his reverie to answers Sil's prior inquiry, "Eh? Doc offered me a place to stay at his home. He seemed agreeable at least to that much ... It will be easy to find. Follow me.”. Azure rises with the chest and begins to head across the common room for the door as he mentally seeks his acquaintance [Psionic Seeking-Ravenscroft, 2x], he can feel the overall general direction.

Ramsis and Silhouette follow the Ogre towards the door, and as they step out into the night air you come across another Dwarf-Human-Ogre grouping. Silhouette recognizes 2 of the trio as former comrades, Trask-the-almost-as-grumpy-as-Tyral, and Durak-the-just-as-grumpy-as-Tyral-but-less-pretty.

Azure nervously shifts back and forth in his boots hefting the chest tightly underarm. Tilting his head back and forth trying to get a read. ”Um, I thought he was…went that way.” he mutters short of stammering. ”Did that short one with the spider familiar go with him, the doctor?” he asks. "Let me think." he says feeling as if the beautiful Sil's presence is burning a hole in the back of his head. "I can do this."Focusing he tries again using, [Psionic Seeking-Ramsis 60%/ 1d100: [14] = 14
Hearing his friend, Ramsis steps from behind Azure to be at his side. ”It’s ok, my friend. I am still with you.” He has a quick thought. ”Azure. If you agree, i say, just put your hand on my pack and i can lead you. If there is a problem, you can use your abilities, until then.. Please trust me.” He turns and stands motionless as Sil speaks to the others.

Ramsis blinks as he sees the other trio. ”Mistress, are you playing with me?” He lookat each, trying to identify where they are from and what they do. Doing his best to be casual, he looks them up and down, as one does when meeting new people. Meanwhile, he stands and waits for Azure’s decision.

Looks at Bonk - ”Hmm, this one doesnt seem to resemble others of his kind. Most are ugly, but not this one? Mom must have had good strong genes. His gear says adventurer, but not warrior. Weapons say the same. I will watch him, as i am now curious.” He then flicks his eyes over to the dwarf, Durak - ”Hmm, Taller then most, but doesnt seem to want to be. And like the big one, not armed as a warrior. This is a interesting bunch. Curiouser and Curiouser” Finally, his gaze settles on the human ”Now that is a warrior. Been one for awhile. Old for a human warrior, so he must be good.” Ramsis focuses back on the conversation when he hears Trask ask about the pigeon.

Ramsis just listens as they chat. ”How do they know each other? .. Dragon? Battle?” He rapidly blinks and looks from Sil to Trask and back. ”You fought a dragon?? Why is this the first i have heard of this?’ Hearing Trasks plans, Ramsis looks at him and smiles. ”Nooo!! We have beers to drink and you have stories to tell me about our girl here.”

Ramsis smiles as the dwarf also talks like he knows Sil. ’I am glad to see she has friends.” He sees the look from Durak. As he watches, Ramsis sees the dwarf touch an amulet, or a talisman of some kind. ”Cousin, I have seen that look a thousand times. Yes, my mistress is known as one the “dark” churches, but her priests found me as a youth and raised me. I owe my mistress a debt and have sworn to help change her image by my actions. So as long as you are on Sil’s team, so to speak, we have no issues.” He lets Proximo crawl up on his bald head. ”This is my friend and companion, Proximo. A gift from My mistress, Tark.”

He hears Duraks comment. ’i agree. Somewhere to plan or rest, whicxhever, but let us decide quick.”
User avatar
Bonk Boree
Posts: 53
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:20 am

Re: In Llorn ... But for How Long? (Group A)

Post by Bonk Boree »

Perception: 1d100<51: [84] = 0
JIC: 1d20: [3] = 3 / 1d100: [5] = 5

Bonk almost runs into Trask and Durak as they come to a sudden stop outside the inn. Whoa! Almost let the thoughts of dinner and a good night's sleep distract me into running over my friends. Going to have to pay closer attention... he mutters silently as he takes a step back. Then it dawns on him that his companions are clearly familiar with the people they themselves almost ran into.
Silhouette wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:46 pmAfter shaking their arms she puts her fists on her hips looking at the ogre accompanying the pair,"But a friend of Trask's need not be a stranger." Holding her arm out she introduces herself,"I'm Silhouette. Are you another Red Brigade member to make a trio of you three?" Her face alights as she turns and gestures to her following companions continuing the introduction,"This is Ramsis Priest of Tark and Gaozir. Oh, and don't mind Azure here, he is just Gaozir's kind perch."
Durak wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:26 pm"Might be worth hiring a room for the night to discuss things if you want some privacy?" Durak suggests, waving in a random direction away from the pier, "It think we've had our fill of Gnomes for now though."
Ramsis wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:36 pm”Cousin, I have seen that look a thousand times. Yes, my mistress is known as one the “dark” churches, but her priests found me as a youth and raised me. I owe my mistress a debt and have sworn to help change her image by my actions. So as long as you are on Sil’s team, so to speak, we have no issues.” He lets Proximo crawl up on his bald head. ”This is my friend and companion, Proximo. A gift from My mistress, Tark.”
Bonk raises an eyebrow at the ever-so-casual mention of worshipping dark gods, but says nothing. He instead turns to the woman with her hand out. "Is always pleasure to meet friends of Trask Gang. Jymüzrüg-Gümbürtü Boree, known to friends as 'Bonk,' at your service." He shakes her hand (trying not to squeeze too hard) and smiles. "Bonk is not Red Brigade. Also is not Earthshaker, in case was wondering -- at least not yet. Bonk came upon Trask Gang just in time to storm orc fortress in most heroic fashion."
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 402
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01
Contact:

Re: In Llorn ... But for How Long? (Group A)

Post by Silhouette »

Rolls carried over
Trask wrote: What are you doing in town? I haven't seen you since the battle against the Dragon." Trask asks still sounding genuinely confused. Cards may have to wait I guess. "I haven't seen Tyral or Predat for months, and now it's just me an Durak, we picked up Bonk on the road a few weeks back. What were you saying about a sword?" Trask says, trying to answer questions he barely heard. "I haven't been to the Lycean Pier since the group basically disbanded, I have no want to return there either. I was planning on meeting an old friend here, but that can wait if need be."
Durak wrote: "Might be worth hiring a room for the night to discuss things if you want some privacy?" Durak suggests, waving in a random direction away from the pier, "It think we've had our fill of Gnomes for now though."
To Trask & Durak:
Silhouette nods at the last part as she gives deference to letting his own old friend down,"I have misjudged once this night the urgency of my effort. I won't claim mine is greater than your friend this evening." Smiling at Durak the human-guised changeling accepts,"Please suggest your climate of choice Durak and I'll cover your rooms even if you wish them different than ours. Even if ol'Trask here wishes to see his friend first. We will be there waiting." Looking chagrined Silhouette lifts a finger while looking back into the Crooked Dog thinking,"Speaking of covering... I forgot to pay our dues inside as well."
Ramsis wrote: Ramsis just listens as they chat. ”How do they know each other? .. Dragon? Battle?” He rapidly blinks and looks from Sil to Trask and back. ”You fought a dragon?? Why is this the first i have heard of this?’ Hearing Trasks plans, Ramsis looks at him and smiles. ”Nooo!! We have beers to drink and you have stories to tell me about our girl here.”
”Cousin, I have seen that look a thousand times. Yes, my mistress is known as one the “dark” churches, but her priests found me as a youth and raised me. I owe my mistress a debt and have sworn to help change her image by my actions. So as long as you are on Sil’s team, so to speak, we have no issues.” He lets Proximo crawl up on his bald head. ”This is my friend and companion, Proximo. A gift from My mistress, Tark.”
Reply in regards to Ramsis:

Silhouette reaches out and grabs the dwarf Ramsis on the shoulder says,"I can vouch that Ramsis has given no cause for ill will. He has courage and did not flee at the sight of orcs nor their priests demons and that is all that matters to me." Leaving out the bit where his lady Tark provided demons of his own to fight Silhouette winks a sparkling eye down at the priest and jokes,"Besides if he ever does cause ill will, we can always string him up by his Mistresses' leavings for the seagulls, sound fair to you Ramsis?" Her smile widening she realizes,"And priests being devote, he might even like that..."
Bonk wrote: "Is always pleasure to meet friends of Trask Gang. Jymüzrüg-Gümbürtü Boree, known to friends as 'Bonk,' at your service." He shakes her hand (trying not to squeeze too hard) and smiles. "Bonk is not Red Brigade. Also is not Earthshaker, in case was wondering -- at least not yet. Bonk came upon Trask Gang just in time to storm orc fortress in most heroic fashion."
Silhouette gives the ogre a firm grip that signals well her tall statures strength as she replies,"It seems orcs were the cause of many bonds these last few months. Well met..." Pausing Silhouette tries her tongue at the ogre's name,"Jymüzrüg-Gümbürtü Boree."
Language: Gobblely -- 37% / 1d100: [81] = 81
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 164/164 | I.S.P.: 58/58 | H.P.: 45/45 | S.D.C.:65/65
Conditions:Sixth Sense, Recognize various magics(see O.O.C. special abilities)
Armor: Studded Leather (AR13 / 38/38 SDC (-5% mobility)
Weapon: In-Hand: Bow. On person: Silver dagger & two dwarven daggers in sheath at belt, 2x throwing inside wrist armor/2x throwing in boots & 36 arrows on back.
Image
User avatar
Ya-Blik
Dimension Master
Posts: 172
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:56 am
Location: Palladium Fantasy GM & DM

Re: In Llorn ... But for How Long? (Group A)

Post by Ya-Blik »

Date: 17 September, 345
Time: 2130
Environment: Clear and calm
Location: Llorn, The Deynish Boog




Stepping out into the cool night air, Azure briefly loses track of Ramsis and worriedly shifts his Psionic Seeking (-6 ISP) from Ravenscroft to the newly met priest (only to find him about an armslength away). Ramsis steps over to calm the large fellow.

Meanwhile Silhouette excitedly bounces at Trask having seemingly responded to her Magic Pigeon, before being advised that he had not received it. She greets Durak then Bonk in turn, and they respond in kind. The ever-garrulous Southerner inquires about Trask's trio joining her companions to discuss her hope to locate a murderer and retrieve a sword that belonged to her father before well and truly butchering some kind of statement to Bonk which might also have been a request for square-fingered-soup ...

Trask indicates he had had plans for a bit of relaxation, but would be open to hearing her out. Ramsis steps up to greet his fellow dwarf Durak and eventually the group settle at an in about a block down Victory Way called the Deynish Boog which came to Trask's attention by chance. The Boog as it turns out has a nice private 2nd-floor room with a fairly high ceiling and 2 good ogre-sized chairs. About 20 minutes later you are fairly sure there's a hole in that cask of dwarven mead they brought out because it seems to be almost empty ...



Butcher's Bill:
Azure: -26 ISP
Bonk:
Durak:
Ramsis:
Silhouette: -71 PPE, -4 ISP
Trask:


What are you doing?
Post Reply

Return to “Fantasy Adventures”