In Llorn ... But for How Long? (Group A)

Only adventured-related threads are found here.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

User avatar
Bonk Boree
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:20 am

Re: In Llorn ... But for How Long? (Group A)

Post by Bonk Boree »

Perception: 1d100<51: [1*] = 1
JIC: 1d20: [4] = 4 / 1d100: [23] = 23
Silhouette wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:30 pm”If others would know you as such, Bonk it is.”
Bonk nods and grins as he takes his seat.
Ramsis wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 7:53 amRamsis lets the smoke out slowly. "Me? I came across them as I was following a message from my mistress. We defeated a castle of dark ogres, though not as cultured as you two." He waves his hand at Azure and Bonk. "Since we returned, I got some schooling , and now we gather for another adventure."
Bonk chuckles as he takes a swig. "Bonk is not exactly product of 'typical' ogre culture... assuming there is such thing." He wipes the foam away with his sleeve. "Not that his background is any better or worse than any other; Bonk prefers not to judge as general rule."
Azure wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 6:12 pmAt hearing his name Azure tilts his head to better hear, ”I have no history with any here except her.” he says stiffly to the ogre with a nod towards Sil. ”I am also not, but have some experience with the Red Guards Earth shakers recruiter contacting other Ogres. Most are not as comfortable as you are.” Azure says feeling himself like all eyes in the tavern are on only him. ”Where are you from? I am not from here but deep south."
Bonk shrugs. "Comfort is largely in mind. Whether good or bad, Bonk is always ogre -- well, except for one time he was rather confused chicken due to badly cast spell -- so no point in worrying too much about what others think. I think human term is 'haters gonna hate,' yah?"

He takes another swig. "As for where Bonk is from... originally from Silver Range Mountains. Until recently Bonk has been student of Basst College of Magic in Timoro Kingdom." He's about to ask Azure where 'deep south' might be when Sil beats him to the punch. He nods as the other ogre gives his answer. Well, at least he's not from my neck of the mountain range. Hopefully he's never even heard of Ghozza Ogh.

He listens to more of the conversation when his ears prick up at Durak's suggestion.
Durak wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:09 am"The Wizards' guild might be able to help there, though I would suspect they would want a favour for such information."
"Bonk has been looking for good excuse to join local Mages Guild..." he nods. "Was not able last time Trask Gang was in town; perhaps now is better opportunity, yah?"
User avatar
Azure
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 97
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:17 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: In Llorn ... But for How Long? (Group A)

Post by Azure »

[rolls held]


Idleness is not seeming to be Azure's strong suit. His head nods and bobs as he starts dozing off listening to the chatter across the table. Seer how would you find her father? he thinks envious of her having a desire to find her father. My father will die by Seer's knife. he thinks staring ahead blankly, his thoughts on the conversation taking place further distracted by the swath of light flooding the walls of the tavern and causing his eyes scarred eyes to fill with a burst of white as patrons come and go through the front door of the tavern. The room falls quickly into gloom as the door closes creating a hypnotic rhythm that soothes his mind into a meditative trance. Where do we go to find her father indeed?
[Clairvoyance 4 ISP 64% +5%/ 1d100: [40] = 40 if subject of vision is a friend/loved 2d4: [2, 4] = 6 melees] SUCCESS

Clairvoyance PFRPG Main pg. 168
OOC Comments
Range: Self; although the image could pertain to people or places thousands of miles away. Duration: 6D6 melee rounds. I.S.P.: 4
Base Skill: 58% (+2%)
Clairvoyance enables the psychic to see or feel glimpses of the possible future. This is achieved through meditation or intense concentration in which the clairvoyant thinks about a particular person, event or place. Add +5% to the base skill if the person involved is a friend or loved one. Clairvoyance is unpredictable and cannot be turned on and off like a light bulb. Sometimes it works (if the roll is under the base skill) and sometimes it does not (when the roll is above the base skill). A failed roll means the psychic received no insight to the future, despite the expenditure of I.S.P.
A clairvoyant trance can be attempted as often as twice every day. The message can be a sudden feeling that somebody is in need ("... something's wrong. It's ... it's ... Janet! I've got to see her!") or, more often, a sudden flash of insight — a sudden image that races through the mind. The image is like a brief snippet from a movie or a dream. Often all the details are not clear, but the potential danger is. For example, the psychic character is in a trance or meditation, thinking about his/her friend Janet. Suddenly, the mind is flooded with an image of Janet rushing down a crowded street. It's twilight, like morning or evening. She seems very upset. Janet races into the street, ignoring the traffic. There's a gang of thugs riding down the street like madmen. The squeal of horses (or bystanders). Janet screams. The image ends. Is Janet hurt? Killed? Unknown, but the danger is clear. There are also other hints of information: the time of day, Janet seeming upset, rushing, etc. The glimpse into the future could be twenty minutes, eight hours, 24 hours, or a week. The psychic has no way of knowing. Of course, he has the advantage of recognizing the potential danger as it begins to unfold and may be able to avoid it, stop it, or change the outcome. The image may last a few minutes or be a sudden flash lasting but a few seconds. The flash could be a peculiar noise, insignia, a face, or a specific image like a particular door, object, or person.
It is important to note that sometimes a clairvoyant image will occur unintentionally, without the psychic trying. These most often manifest themselves as dreams or nightmares during sleep. The clairvoyant dream is exactly like the image from a meditative trance described previously. The precognitive flash of the future may also occur unbeckoned while awake, but this is extremely rare. These brief glimpses of the possible future happen because the clairvoyant is acutely attuned to his world. Anything that might hurt or change that world (including people and places) will often be foretold in a flash of insight.
Game Masters: Be careful not to reveal too much. Use the examples provided as a guide. Remember, these are brief glimpses of the possible future, not a motion picture. The psychic cannot engage in any actions, combat or otherwise, during a moment of clairvoyance, or the image will instantly stop. It usually requires 2D4 melee rounds of concentration or meditation before the image occurs. Remember, a failed skill roll means absolutely nothing happens, but still burns up the 4 I.S.P. and time.
Azure Languages: N:Gobblely, Eastern, Elven, Giantese
I.S.P.: 129/159 | P.P.E.: 1/1 | H.P.: 40/40 (0/5) | S.D.C.: 76/76 (0/70)
Conditions: Sixth Sense, Total Recall, Blind without familiar, Mind's Eye, or Blind Fighting
Armor: Quilted Tunic | A.R.: 8 | S.D.C.: 15/15 | Modifiers:-
Weapon: Long Spear | Dmg: 3d6+19 | Modifiers: +9 strike, +9 parry, +11 throw | Throw Range: 180' S.N. 240'| Dmg: 4d6
Familiar: Gaozir (See Equipment for Combat Data) | S.D.C.: 51/51 | H.P.:- | APR: 2 (+2 Strike/Dodge) Damage: 2D4+2 (talons or beak), Dive Bomb: 4d4+4 (2 actions)
Abilities: Horror Factor: 10, Spd: 33 (66 in bursts, dive at 88), Excellent vision (2 miles), Nightvision 300', Track by scent 66%; by sight 80%, Glide for over 10 miles without flapping wings
Animal and Psionics: See the Invisible, Sense Evil, Sense Magic, Sixth Sense, and Empathy (receives only). Range: 600 foot area.
User avatar
Ya-Blik
Dimension Master
Posts: 182
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:56 am
Location: Palladium Fantasy GM & DM

Re: In Llorn ... But for How Long? (Group A)

Post by Ya-Blik »

Date: 17 September, 345
Time: 2200
Environment: a bit damp outside ...
Location: Llorn, The Deynish Boog




Azure explains that he hails from the southern portion of the Old Kingdom near north-eastern tip of the Baalgor wastelands although he can see through Gaozir's eyes that Silhouette has shifted her attention (or what passes for it) back to the stoic looking Dwarf called Durak. The Southern-Mage defensively responds to Durak that she had not searched for her father because he had been supposed to find her in Llorn (though if she wore a different face in Llorn than she had in Yin Sloth, the argument makes NO sense, and if she wore the same face, then fleeing to Llorn is nearly pointless). Further, Silhouette challenges that she only recently acquired forms of magic which might make a search viable and begins to articulate a very complicated plan that relies on dispatching a plague of magical pigeons throughout the world, then waiting for response ... which somewhat conflicts with the waiting part of her plan by proposing a Location-Magic tour of the jungles of Yin Sloth and the Western Empire.

Trask seems somewhat tentative as he shakes his head pointing out that world news is a different sort of beast, and a months old trail is less promising than one might hope. The veteran soldier explains that Trask's crew have been travelling the Eastern Territory for a while and not made as much as hoped. He proposes that if Silhouette disclose all the facts, names, locations, relevant info she has on the task to the entire team so that others are able to determine if they have contacts and resources who might assist.

Durak opines that the only real lead that Silhouette has presented is that the Club was taken to the Tri-Arcanum in Wisdom so that is naturally where they should plan to travel, and proposes that he look into a side job from the Collectors so that they are being paid. Bonk explains that he himself hails from the Silver Range Mountains but had also attended the Basst College of Magic in Timiro. Bonk then offers up that he could visit and join the Mages guild to try and gather further info, yet neither Ramsis or Azure seem to be paying particular attention. The smaller-dwarf [OOC: You can wake up in your next actually responsive post, but for now, you have been asleep for a while) seems to have begun snoring, while the thickly-built Azure seems intently focused on focusing his vacant (blind) stare at the far lip of his tankard ... because he is trying to employ clairvoyance.

Vision-ish
Azure focuses on Silhouette, but cannot seem to find a vision of her father whom he does not know. A myriad of images form and burst without quite taking shape ... in one Silhouette is seen casting a spell to summon a bird and sits, in another she boards a ship and she seems happy before her face begins to shift to a greenish color and she seems to shrink to take on the form of a goblin, in a third she approaches a pit where Durak seems to be lying injured from spikes protruding up from the ground, in a fourth holding a bleeding Gaozir she climbs onto a floating carpet with Bonk ... (OOC: I seriously have no idea what you want a vision of, you dont have a plan, how am I supposed to put together a prediction of a plan where everyone is proposing options and changes? This isn't you come to a door and try to clairvoyantly predict what happens if you open it, or if you take Path 2 of 3 ...)



Butcher's Bill:
Azure: -30 ISP
Bonk:
Durak:
Ramsis:
Silhouette: -71 PPE, -4 ISP
Trask:


What are you doing?
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 408
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01
Contact:

Re: In Llorn ... But for How Long? (Group A)

Post by Silhouette »

JIC: 1d100: [71] = 71 1d20: [12] = 12
Perc: 68% / 1d20: [13] = 13

Trask wrote:"So a trail several months old. But still not enough information. Where did you initially find out this information, like the actual location? Do you know which way they may have moved? And while we did make a lot of noise several months ago, I don't think it spread that wide to be honest, because almost immediately after the attack, we were dealing with food shortages and orcs. So there is a real chance he has heard nothing."
Silhouette nods at trask,"I know it is a lot to take in. As I said before, they went to Wisdom the Arcanum in wisdom. A Calory and Rowl took the Club of Lopnel the Red there. They had taken a kobold tunnel through the Shattered Mountains to the lowlands between the mountains and the thousand miles to Wisdom from there. All I know is the tunnels honeycomb the shattered mountains and that I think Flaming Eye kobolds lay claim to some of them to the south of where I'd met Nomel Rabb. I was told all this this by Master Rabb, whose son was Reyal, the body I found. Reyal was an Air Warlock if that matters. And as I said, through some magic of mine recounted the last moments before Reyal's passing that showed the man commanding shadow wolves possessing my father's sword. Reyal's body was at the top of just entering the Howling lands."

Trask wrote:Trask sighs. "So you don't have this as planned out as you said. Alright, that at least is better than nothing." Trask says, he sounds disappointed. "We just got done walking overland for approximately a month, and that was with a magical head start. It wasn't as profitable as we had hoped. So by your statement, we should be looking for other work and hoping we run into the trail of your father. I suppose we could add that to the list of things that we'd like to accomplish. I personally would advise that you lay out all the facts, names, locations, relevant info... so we can possibly use some of our contacts and resources to see if they've heard anything. Just wandering around is likely going to come up with nothing." Trask says before taking a sip of his mead.
Silhouette half nods half shakes her head but as Trask continues she slows and listens without replying. After a time she admits,"Walking will not be necessary if all of you are willing to fly..." Silhouette grimaces as she makes herself explain the magic she holds tightly to her chest as she says,"I have a special magic, a lost magic that at night can carry us across palladium with the speed of a falling star. It short and very intense hops more than a weeks travel, but it is very draining on my reserves so we would have to rest and travel a little between."

Silhouette then switches her thoughts to the question of laying out all the facts as she says,"My father's name is Tictac as you know... Oh!" Silhouette smiles with an idiots ruefulness as she states,"Ticean Tacreaul is his full name." Sitting forward Silhouette tells Trask,"Open your mind I can share the thing I saw that night, but unfortunately only one person can borrow of a memory until the spell fades, for me it gets foggy." Pausing Silhouette waits for his permission before she touches him and casts Instill knowledge of the vision of Reyal's moments before passing.
Memory
Date: 15 May, 345
Time: 1443
Environment: Clear and calm
Location: South, and East[?] of Hadrian's Cove …

Crow-Sil contemplates a moment of past revelation during training. She then casts a spell on the fallen traveler and with a tap of her beak to a festering hand the world goes dark. She sees that yes, this was a man, and when her vision of him takes hold he is riding hard through darkness of this craggy dangerous land through and fog? It looks like fog in the middle of the night, she sees no fire and doubts that it would be smoke. A ragged chorus of howling fills her non-existent ears, where one ominous call leaves off another takes it up. The quartet of horses seem panicked and desperate as one lead rider topples and falls leaving behind an empty saddle as his mount gallops onward without pause. The 3 remaining riders pull rein and the blue and grey cloaked traveler (Sil’s subject) runs back to grab the fallen man. He half-carries the fellow to the others and calls out “Take him and make some distance. I will hold their attention and meet you at Nomel Rabb’s by sunrise!!” Silhouette watches as the others haul the injured rider to sit 2nd behind someone with an axe strapped to his saddle-horn and the trio resume riding into the fog. The robed man puts his back to a series of jagged 12ft boulders and brandishes a short black staff in 1 hand before he begins several spells. 1, 2, then 3 globes of daylight burst into existence lighting the area (sort-of) and you see the man call up a pair of mini tornado-like things that are primarily visible because of the noticeable way they spin and tear through the fog. To the changeling’s eye(?), they are reminiscent of the elementals that Zephyr used to call to his aid.

The howling becomes louder, closer, it surrounds the man who darts his eyes from one edge of his circle of light to the other and back. Silhouette feels time stretch out as the last moments begin to unfold from her 3rd person vantage. A pair of obsidian wolves larger than Brago step menacingly out of the fog and into the light where their eyes clearly glow red with malevolence. The man unsuccessfully hurls a lightning bolt from his staff at one, but as he does so a shadowy canine form emerges through the boulder. Emerging from behind the caster the alpha looking wolf made of darkness clamps its massive jaws onto the forearm holding the man’s staff. As he loses his grip a dozen other canines step forward. Several wolves are thrown an unknown distance into the fog by an animated whirlwind, but in the end one of them clamps jaws down on his neck while the alpha bites into his midsection leaving a massive wound. The pack falls silent, and Silhouette hears the tread of a boot on gravel from the fog as a black-clad man emerges, “Leave him. Stop the others, they … “ the Forsaken mage hears nothing further as her gaze falls upon the distinctive sword hilt at the man’s hip, one she recognizes, one she was thinking of just minutes ago. That hilt matched the one carried by Tictac the Bladesinger, her father (figuratively speaking). The vision cuts off, and Silhouette is no longer a disembodied pair of eyes watching a night-time scene, she is once more one Crow among thousands of others as a storm approaches (a storm that is about 10-11 minutes closer than before).
Trask wrote:"Don't get me wrong Silhouette, I would love to help you find your father, but we also have to eat. And wandering the Eastern Territories is a young man's game." Trask says with a hint of sympathy in his voice.
Silhouette nods as she says,"With my magic we could be in Wisdom or the West in a week and the only walking you need to is from our camp to the privy." Winking at Trask on account of her medical knowledge she adds,"As many times as your old man's bladder may need anyway."


Durak wrote:"Let me see if I can summarise what you have told us.
There are a group of Summoners who at least in the past have been after you and your father. You don't know any real details about these summoners, but they had previously been based in the Yin Sloth jungle, which is technically Western Empire territory.
Because of seeing the sword in your vision, you are having to make assumptions about your father's fate. Keep an open mind as all we really know is that the sword is in the possession of somebody else.
This adventurer group has gone to Wisdom.
Speaking of which, what do this sword and this war Club do? Is there any connection between them?"
Silhouette jumps in at this,"What you say is correct so far, but I do not know what the club does, only that it may be an artifact, I did not press Master Rabb on more details. As to my father's sword, it for my father sang beautifully. I couldn't say if the western mages wanted it, but I presume one is wearing her..." Pausing Silhouette scowls thinking,"Well,they were trying to use me to some end. I always thought it was to take over the..."

Her throat catches though as she tries to say the thoughts she is having before nodding her head adamantly, swallowing and she continues,"We were a part of a two sided coin... My father and I. Some would have disparage us all for thugs, the organization, the troupe as we sometimes called ourselves in general." Couching her words she expands on the meaning as she fights to keep her eyes from falling to the floor,"You see, hired hands would normally take any pay to hurt anyone for a price, we wouldn't. They had to have hurt another wrongfully first so it was like paid justice. That was one side of the coin." Swallowing again Silhouette looks to Trask as she says,"You were there for the cultists and the dragon. Those kinds were the second side of the coin. The side that stayed face down and unspoken of so that what happened to the Woken Guard wouldn't to us. We trained as small groups, and the nature of my lessons was to follow whomever lead and do as told. Sometimes you felt wrong doing it, but other times you would see something horrible and senseless that made it right to be there, right to be doing that. You see I now realize it was that the the cults, the dark gods, the southern dragons were always plotting."

Silhouette turns her eyes up to Trask,"At first I thought the western mages were just trying to take over our organization for their purposes when everything turned upside down and I had to flee. I thought they just wanted us to kill for them. It was much later, upon meeting Elias that I understood better that there was more to it. Secrets. The plans of cults, gods, and dragons. I was soon to be made a full member to learn it all at the time. The thing I realize now is I was taught a great many details about the cults, leylines, gods, and magic about the dead, the undead. When Elias started speaking of the old one, you know whom I speak, many lessons and conversations I had overheard secretly discussed began to make sense. I knew one thing that as far as I know none of my trainee's... Oh, I was a trainee if that didn't appear obvious. Anyway, I told Tyral this, but I was to be taught a unique magic and knew that members learned it. I am near certain it was coaxed out of me by the summoners and that may be part of what set things in motion that made them desire... Well, they could have wanted my father, the secrets, the magic, his sword, or to know about me... Or any number of other desires. I doubt more and more that it was just myself, as I didn't know Tictac was my father until after they tried to bind me."

Smiling Silhouette adds,"Oh yes, that is right!" Off hand she says,"So they tried to bind me with a circle. They succeeded and made me reveal my secrets, but I struggled free and stabbed the mage in the neck. Then Tictac my then Uncle found me and began fighting off the summoners..." Nodding to herself her hand finds her chin as she twists it rather hard as she says,"Now I remember, there weren't only summoners attacking us, they were casting fire and energy spells at us. That is strange..." Sniffing she nonchalantly says,"Then he put a memory in my mind that he was actually my father and kept it from me so I couldn't divulge to anyone the fact. That and other things made me think they were trying to use me against him. Makes sense if they had figured it out on their own. But like I said before, I think it was probably any number of other reasons they tried to bind me than that he was my father."
Durak wrote:Durak scratches his cheek in contemplation as Trask offers a few words of wisdom and sympathy. When Trask finishes, he adds a few additional points
"It looks like the only real lead you have is Wisdom and this Tri-Arcanum and therefore the closest thing we have to a plan of where to go. As Trask says, we have contacts here in Llorn, so we could look into any sign of any summoners who might be affiliated with this group who might have made an appearance.
The Wizards' guild might be able to help there, though I would suspect they would want a favour for such information."
"If we are looking at a potential journey to Wisdom, then we will need supplies and equipment. I can see if I can find us a job from the Guild worthwhile to head there, so at least we are being paid.
Silhouette nods,"I really cannot argue with that... I guess the best possibility is see what we can find in Wisdom with the two adventurers and the club for now."
Bonk wrote: "Bonk has been looking for good excuse to join local Mages Guild..." he nods. "Was not able last time Trask Gang was in town; perhaps now is better opportunity, yah?"
Silhouette smiles,"And if you can join..." Keeping a lid on her annoyance that they turned her down she sweetly says,"You could try their library and see if anything on the club is mentioned?"
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 164/164 | I.S.P.: 58/58 | H.P.: 45/45 | S.D.C.:65/65
Conditions:Sixth Sense, Recognize various magics(see O.O.C. special abilities)
Armor: Studded Leather (AR13 / 38/38 SDC (-5% mobility)
Weapon: In-Hand: Bow. On person: Silver dagger & two dwarven daggers in sheath at belt, 2x throwing inside wrist armor/2x throwing in boots & 36 arrows on back.
Image
User avatar
Durak
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 225
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Re: In Llorn ... But for How Long? (Group A)

Post by Durak »

Perception 1d100<54: [15*] = 1
jic 1d100: [97] = 97 1d20: [10] = 10

"Wait, so now you are or were part of a secret organisation with your father. An organisation that was attempting to do what exactly?"

Durak likes Sil and is a smart dwarf, but he was starting to struggle with what she was telling him.

First it was find her father's sword and deal with some summoners
Then it was a really complicated plan to find her father
Now, there were secret organisations and implanted memories

Maybe it was him, but this sounded like it was the first time anybody had prodded and poked at her story and it was ... not unravelling because Durak didn't think she was lying, but more hadn't really thought through what had happened and what she had learned properly before now.
Silhouette wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:10 pm Silhouette nods,"I really cannot argue with that... I guess the best possibility is see what we can find in Wisdom with the two adventurers and the club for now."
Durak slaps the table as they start to come to some sort of plan. It's a start, so lets keep the momentum going.

"Excellent! We have some agreement. So let us make a plan.
Firstly, we split up and try and find some work that will pay us to take us up to Wisdom. Unless you suddenly have a lot of money Sil, I think we will need to take on a few additional jobs.
Secondly, we try and pull together some additional information from our sources; notably about potential summoners affiliated with this other group, the club, the tri-Arcanum, the group that has gone to Wisdom with the club. The more we know, the better armed we are.
Thirdly, supplies. Come up with a list of things you might need, conventional and magical.
Fourthly, go to Wisdom and try to find this club. Sil will do her magic. Then we see what leads we have after that."
`
Durak
HP 40
SDC 59
Cloak of protection AR12 SDC 50 Impervious to Fire
Bracers AR15
Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft,
Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
User avatar
Tolliver Trask
Group Leader
Posts: 197
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:54 pm
Contact:

Re: In Llorn ... But for How Long? (Group A)

Post by Tolliver Trask »

Perception: 1d100: [4] = 4 /65%
Just in Case: 1d20: [20] = 20 ; 1d100: [39] = 39
Conditions: Sixth Sense, Resistant to Cold, Invisible armor.

Recognize Weapon Quality 1d100: [41] = 41 /60% Pass (Guessing the quality of the sword based off of the vision, a long shot.)
Lore: Magic: General Knowledge 1d100: [14] = 14 /30% Pass (What manner of spell caster is it in the vision.)


Silhouette wrote:Silhouette nods at trask,"I know it is a lot to take in. As I said before, they went to Wisdom the Arcanum in wisdom. A Calory and Rowl took the Club of Lopnel the Red there. They had taken a kobold tunnel through the Shattered Mountains to the lowlands between the mountains and the thousand miles to Wisdom from there. All I know is the tunnels honeycomb the shattered mountains and that I think Flaming Eye kobolds lay claim to some of them to the south of where I'd met Nomel Rabb. I was told all this this by Master Rabb, whose son was Reyal, the body I found. Reyal was an Air Warlock if that matters. And as I said, through some magic of mine recounted the last moments before Reyal's passing that showed the man commanding shadow wolves possessing my father's sword. Reyal's body was at the top of just entering the Howling lands."
Trask listens to Silhouette, trying to parse what is important to him, versus what she thinks is important. "So a club has gone to Wisdom, and you saw a man commanding Shadow Wolves wielding your fathers sword. Did you get a good look at the man with the sword?"
Silhouette wrote:Silhouette half nods half shakes her head but as Trask continues she slows and listens without replying. After a time she admits,"Walking will not be necessary if all of you are willing to fly..." Silhouette grimaces as she makes herself explain the magic she holds tightly to her chest as she says,"I have a special magic, a lost magic that at night can carry us across palladium with the speed of a falling star. It short and very intense hops more than a weeks travel, but it is very draining on my reserves so we would have to rest and travel a little between."


Trask looks almost surprised, but it quickly turns to a credulous look. "So you've become so powerful a mage as to transport us all, wagons and pack animals included?" Trask asks.
Silhouette wrote:Silhouette then switches her thoughts to the question of laying out all the facts as she says,"My father's name is Tictac as you know... Oh!" Silhouette smiles with an idiots ruefulness as she states,"Ticean Tacreaul is his full name." Sitting forward Silhouette tells Trask,"Open your mind I can share the thing I saw that night, but unfortunately only one person can borrow of a memory until the spell fades, for me it gets foggy." Pausing Silhouette waits for his permission before she touches him and casts Instill knowledge of the vision of Reyal's moments before passing.
Memory
Date: 15 May, 345
Time: 1443
Environment: Clear and calm
Location: South, and East[?] of Hadrian's Cove …

Crow-Sil contemplates a moment of past revelation during training. She then casts a spell on the fallen traveler and with a tap of her beak to a festering hand the world goes dark. She sees that yes, this was a man, and when her vision of him takes hold he is riding hard through darkness of this craggy dangerous land through and fog? It looks like fog in the middle of the night, she sees no fire and doubts that it would be smoke. A ragged chorus of howling fills her non-existent ears, where one ominous call leaves off another takes it up. The quartet of horses seem panicked and desperate as one lead rider topples and falls leaving behind an empty saddle as his mount gallops onward without pause. The 3 remaining riders pull rein and the blue and grey cloaked traveler (Sil’s subject) runs back to grab the fallen man. He half-carries the fellow to the others and calls out “Take him and make some distance. I will hold their attention and meet you at Nomel Rabb’s by sunrise!!” Silhouette watches as the others haul the injured rider to sit 2nd behind someone with an axe strapped to his saddle-horn and the trio resume riding into the fog. The robed man puts his back to a series of jagged 12ft boulders and brandishes a short black staff in 1 hand before he begins several spells. 1, 2, then 3 globes of daylight burst into existence lighting the area (sort-of) and you see the man call up a pair of mini tornado-like things that are primarily visible because of the noticeable way they spin and tear through the fog. To the changeling’s eye(?), they are reminiscent of the elementals that Zephyr used to call to his aid.

The howling becomes louder, closer, it surrounds the man who darts his eyes from one edge of his circle of light to the other and back. Silhouette feels time stretch out as the last moments begin to unfold from her 3rd person vantage. A pair of obsidian wolves larger than Brago step menacingly out of the fog and into the light where their eyes clearly glow red with malevolence. The man unsuccessfully hurls a lightning bolt from his staff at one, but as he does so a shadowy canine form emerges through the boulder. Emerging from behind the caster the alpha looking wolf made of darkness clamps its massive jaws onto the forearm holding the man’s staff. As he loses his grip a dozen other canines step forward. Several wolves are thrown an unknown distance into the fog by an animated whirlwind, but in the end one of them clamps jaws down on his neck while the alpha bites into his midsection leaving a massive wound. The pack falls silent, and Silhouette hears the tread of a boot on gravel from the fog as a black-clad man emerges, “Leave him. Stop the others, they … “ the Forsaken mage hears nothing further as her gaze falls upon the distinctive sword hilt at the man’s hip, one she recognizes, one she was thinking of just minutes ago. That hilt matched the one carried by Tictac the Bladesinger, her father (figuratively speaking). The vision cuts off, and Silhouette is no longer a disembodied pair of eyes watching a night-time scene, she is once more one Crow among thousands of others as a storm approaches (a storm that is about 10-11 minutes closer than before).
"Sure, I guess. Trask responds to the question. Trask sits quietly while Silhouette does her spell. Trask shakes his head once the vision is over. "I guess that answers my earlier question." Trask says. Not sure why she assumes he's a western mage, the summoner is likely correct, but it could be any manner of powerful wizard I suppose.
Silhouette wrote:Silhouette nods as she says,"With my magic we could be in Wisdom or the West in a week and the only walking you need to is from our camp to the privy." Winking at Trask on account of her medical knowledge she adds,"As many times as your old man's bladder may need anyway."
Trask shakes his head in annoyance. "Won't be much of a camp if we have to leave our wagon behind." Serious talk and she makes jokes, I thought she thought this was important. Trask thinks.
Durak wrote:"Wait, so now you are or were part of a secret organisation with your father. An organisation that was attempting to do what exactly?"


Trask looks to the Dwarf, then back to Silhouette. Yes, do tell. Trask thinks.
Durak wrote:"Excellent! We have some agreement. So let us make a plan.
Firstly, we split up and try and find some work that will pay us to take us up to Wisdom. Unless you suddenly have a lot of money Sil, I think we will need to take on a few additional jobs.
Secondly, we try and pull together some additional information from our sources; notably about potential summoners affiliated with this other group, the club, the tri-Arcanum, the group that has gone to Wisdom with the club. The more we know, the better armed we are.
Thirdly, supplies. Come up with a list of things you might need, conventional and magical.
Fourthly, go to Wisdom and try to find this club. Sil will do her magic. Then we see what leads we have after that."
Trask nods. "Solid enough of a plan, and one that at least will get us pay." Trask says as he finishes his drink and begins putting away his pipe.
Suicide King
Tolliver Trask
"Tonight, boys, we're eating like kings. We've all tasted death too much it seems." ~Shawn James
P.P.E.: 10/10
I.S.P.: 38/38
H.P.: 39/39
S.D.C.: 71/71
Constant Effects
Sixth Sense, Impervious to Fire, Resistant to Cold.
Temporary Effects
None.
Weapons in Hand
Dwarven Longsword
Armor Worn
Mjorgullan Mail Uncommon Enchanted Splint (half)
• A.R.: 12
• S.D.C.: 40/40
Tower Shield of the Hex Rare Enchanted Large Wood & Metal Plated Shield
• Indestructible
User avatar
Ya-Blik
Dimension Master
Posts: 182
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:56 am
Location: Palladium Fantasy GM & DM

Re: In Llorn ... But for How Long? (Group A)

Post by Ya-Blik »

Date: 17 September, 345
Time: 2210
Environment: a bit damp outside ...
Location: Llorn, The Deynish Boog




Silhouette nods at Trask's summary and her understanding that Calory and Rowl took a Club of Lopnel through a tunnel in the Shattered Mountains to Wisdom as related to her by the learned wizard, Nomel Rabb. She proposes traversing the Eastern Territory in bursts of magical flight before proposing to share the memory of her vision with Trask (who accepts). Those assembled agree that Wisdom is likely the best bet any have for tracking down the Man-in-Black from her vision.

"With my magic we could be in Wisdom or the West in a week and the only walking you need to is from our camp to the privy ... As many times as your old man's bladder may need anyway," boasts the Southern girl before devolving into a lengthy and only vaguely structured soliloquy about her father and a shadow organization that meted out its own brand of maybe-justice (but may just as easily have been murder for pay or even spite, she's not sure) before claiming she really has no idea of the summoners' true reason for wishing to bind her.

Trask reels from the spatial distortion of the vision, suddenly shifting to experience and witness the last minutes of this Reyal fellow in the leading up to the point his throat was torn out in the Howling Lands and notes that the black-clad man from the vision was only even seen during the last few seconds. The bulk was the soon-to-be-dead-man and his whirlwind fighting off wolves. The face of the man-in-black from the vision is never seen, he never attacks or even draws the blade, he casts no obvious spells that registered in Silhouette's memory, and to Trask's observation there was no specific indications that he was a summoner. It was possible of course, but the man was clad in what looked like hard leather armor, with a black cloak, nothing that particularly declared allegiance to the West.

Durak proposes that they split up and try to locate a job that will take them all to Wisdom, to which Trask agrees once it is determined that Silhouette will not be able to transport large amounts of surplus materials (i.e. taking a couple passengers can be done, but not horses, carts, freight, etc.)

Bonk rises to his feet, "I will return to the Brotherhood and see what I can find. Durak, if a workhorse can be found to share the yoke of our Cart, then it may ease the burden of our four-legged party-members. If we are going to attempt this trip nearly back to Bonk's homelands, then we will likely need 300-400 pounds of oats for feed, and spiced sausages, oh and some casks of good wine to make the road rise up to meet us kindly ... and tomorrow morning, I will find a second set of good boots in the Bazaar." Bonk claps Azure on the shoulder, "It has been good to meet you cousin." He then offers a tired-looking wave to the others, "Good night all."




Butcher's Bill:
Azure: -30 ISP
Bonk: Has Left the Inn
Durak:
Ramsis:
Silhouette: -71 PPE, -4 ISP
Trask:


What are you doing?
User avatar
Ramsis
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 65
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:33 am

Re: In Llorn ... But for How Long? (Group A)

Post by Ramsis »

Perception [27%]: [roll]1d100[/roll]
D20 JiC: [roll]1d20[/roll]
D100 JiC: [roll]1d100[/roll]

PPE: 84/84
SDC: 23/23
HP: 36/36

Conditions:



Skills -
Speaks in Language: Eastern 99% - [roll]1d100[/roll] = Talk

POST -
Ramsis just sits and listens as the others plan. Once they decide on how to proceed, Ramsis sits straight. ” finally, i get to use my new schooling.” Ramsis pulls out his wooden box. As he pulls out his writing tools, he looks around the table. ”I just went to school for this stuff. *Licks quill* How many days is this journey? Anything special folks like? Can anyone cook? Hunt? Do we all imbibe alcohol? Smoke? I am making a list odf what we may need for the journey? Also, who is paying for supplies? I will try to cover a wagon and team, but cant afford all supplies needed.’

He wil then shut up and wait with quill poised.
User avatar
Ya-Blik
Dimension Master
Posts: 182
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:56 am
Location: Palladium Fantasy GM & DM

Re: In Llorn ... But for How Long? (Group A)

Post by Ya-Blik »

Date: 17 September, 345
Time: 2240
Environment: a bit damp outside ...
Location: Llorn, Sea District, Down the block from the Sea Hag




The Ogre's body crumbles and drops in a heap at Alkanar's right, one leg at a very unnatural angle and a knife buried to its hilt in his neck. The Diabolist winces at the sharp pain in his left side, and he glances down at the arrow shaft that had sprouted there in a small gap in its protection. You reflect briefly on how you came to this place; just yesterday, you arrived from the Ophid's Grasslands aboard a ship called The Insolent Porcupine accompanying several crates of rare ingredients to the Old Crow brewery. After ~barely~ registering with the Brotherhood of Magic, Alkanar was asked by a local merchant named Covery down at the waterfront to come examine some cargo and quote a price for putting alarm and protection wards on a shipment of exotic meat (origin not exactly clear). Unfortunately, Covery countered at a figure that would barely cover your component costs and you left to have dinner at a tavern by the water.

Several hours later as you departed to book a room in a nicer area if it could be found, half-a-dozen large Orc and Human thugs accosted you in an alley demanding you turn over your funds and gear. It had been then that everyone's attention was drawn by a warbling war cry and a blinding flash, "Away with youuuu vermin!! Six against One?!? ... Bonk will not have it!!" Like a wave the large fellow crashed in from the side, a buoy of support whose hammer smashed into the forearm of a barrel-thick Orcish bandit. But several seconds later, Alkanar's Ogre cavalry was laid low and Alkanar had at least 8" of arrow-shaft in his side. Three of the aggressors begin to back away, and Alkanar has a choice, press the attack or find a way to retreat ...



Butcher's Bill:
Alkanar: -16 SDC


What are you doing?
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 408
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01
Contact:

Re: In Llorn ... But for How Long? (Group A)

Post by Silhouette »

JIC 1d100: [11] = 11 1d20: [2] = 2
Perc: 68% / 1d100: [64] = 64

Durak wrote: "Wait, so now you are or were part of a secret organization with your father. An organization that was attempting to do what exactly?"
Silhouette ponders Durak's question trying to find an example of what exactly the organization was in fact doing as she considers in thought,"How to tell you without causing you to abandon me... Assassin's for whatever purpose were not historically looked kindly upon." Silhouette wrings her hands, cracking joints two fingers at a time making the gristly pop of their adjustment as she answers,"We've had two past companions the human Sera and the wolfen Tatyana who were monster hunters or as some call them undead hunters since they do that heads and shoulders better than most. Those two were and are the kind of help that usually shows up after someone's son or daughter is eaten or a husband turned into a vampire. They are not much more reactive than adventurers taking up jobs as they get posted. Whether a real monster or a person or group that is just as bad, they could help only after events have drawn their attention."

Silhouette takes a drink of whatever she can get within reach as her mouth dries as she says,"My past affiliation was..." Silhouette drinks again as she explains,"I'm looking for the word that fits. Attentive, aware... Proactive, yes." Nodding Silhouette rubs her forehead before controlling her hands again,"I don't mean to split hairs but where Sera and Tatyana are monster hunters my organization are best called... Well, I don't know what to call what we did. We did often compare ourselves to the monster hunter guild, though often for what we did, we just did it better."

Silhouette smiles ruefully as she says,"We watched for markers and activities. As far as my training it was to watch and gather as an informant. Some days we would observe, others we would talk and engage with those we watched, and then we would take action once they started planning to or begain hurting others. Usually long before they would have been found out normally by the the people they hurt, the monster hunters or the law." Silhouette holds her hands out plaintively,"So you see, monster hunters track the trail of damage left behind where we would find them early and deal with them. If they had been here in Llorn they would have probably been on Elias side. That is part of why found aiding Elias easy, it felt a little like home..."
Durak wrote: Firstly, we split up and try and find some work that will pay us to take us up to Wisdom. Unless you suddenly have a lot of money Sil, I think we will need to take on a few additional jobs.
Silhouette nods,"Be mindful not to take any task that requires transporting anything there that can't be held on yourselves. You haven't seen my magic yet, but it can only move individuals and what they carry." Shrugging Silhouette gestures at the chest,"I do have some gold by the standards of a baker's wages, but it probably isn't a lot against the weight you've become comfortable with in your purse."
Durak wrote: Secondly, we try and pull together some additional information from our sources; notably about potential summoners affiliated with this other group, the club, the tri-Arcanum, the group that has gone to Wisdom with the club. The more we know, the better armed we are.
Silhouette says,"I wouldn't bother asking around about the organization, I don't think we had any work up here. And I agree, finding answers about this club would be helpful, at least how it might be used besides hitting people."
Durak wrote:Thirdly, supplies. Come up with a list of things you might need, conventional and magical.
Silhouette adds,"Take only what you must have on your persons, we won't need carts or mules. Take what you don't think Wisdom will have when we get there."
Durak wrote: Fourthly, go to Wisdom and try to find this club. Sil will do her magic. Then we see what leads we have after that."
Silhouette agrees,"Yes, once we are there we might have some luck with a few spells. (Silhouette uses Total Recall (-2 ISP) of the past memory of the riders; does she recollect any hammers or clubs? I know she saw the axe as described tighed to a saddle-horn but anything else?)


Trask:
Trask wrote: Trask listens to Silhouette, trying to parse what is important to him, versus what she thinks is important. "So a club has gone to Wisdom, and you saw a man commanding Shadow Wolves wielding your fathers sword. Did you get a good look at the man with the sword?"
Silhouette nods as she says,"Yes, no, and no. I was told the club was headed to Wisdom, the sword was on the man's hip which can be a distinction worth noting, and I could not see his face."
Trask wrote:Trask looks almost surprised, but it quickly turns to a credulous look. "So you've become so powerful a mage as to transport us all, wagons and pack animals included?" Trask asks.
Silhouette almost blushes as she wide eyed counters saying,"Oh, I don't have any of those kinds of powers. This makes you still travel, but each person alone and through the night sky at a very speedy pace. No carts, wagons, and no creatures unable to think at the means of a person."
Trask wrote:"Trask shakes his head in annoyance. "Won't be much of a camp if we have to leave our wagon behind."  Trask nods. "Solid enough of a plan, and one that at least will get us pay." Trask says as he finishes his drink and begins putting away his pipe.
Silhouette reiterates what she has said before,"There will be stops in between, which will be a camp, so bring enough to shelter against wind, the cold, and rain but only what you can carry. I can provide bread and milk on an emergency basis by means of magic where a little hunting and foraging will go a long way inbetween. I can take us on hops of about 350 miles that will take about an hour for each. Wisdom is a distance of..." Silhouette does some mental math and concludes,"Two thousand miles in a straight line from Llorn, give or take a hundred miles assuming no navigational mistakes." Of note are some leylines in between..."

Silhouette barely pauses on mentioning leylines as she shoots into her idea saying,"The option is two thousand miles and no less than a week at best of road time and camping with all the dangers that entails or... We use the leylines and it is at best two days without navigational errors. There is a leyline between Hadrian's Cove and Llorn to start with. We rest after leaving Llorn until the next night. From there we reach the next leyline east just within the distance I can take us in a single hop. It may be close enough or too far, but this is fine because I will still be fully rested and if an emergency insists we cannot make the small walk to the leyline we can take off going south along that leyline until we come to the Old Kingdom River south of the Shattered Mountains. I will be able to see it at that point using either two spells; one for vision or shape change to an owl and I will have no difficulty identifying the river at night. All of the leylines are visible at night due that the daylight is not masking their essence and they go straight across our path until the one near Wisdom that is diagonally aligned."

See and not the comment at bottom of image:
OOC Comments
Blazing Star flight time: 72 minutes a cast; 360 miles of distance at her current level w/penalties applied. Roughly 90 PPE per flight.
Blazing Star
Range: Self or two others by touch.
Duration: 10 min. per level
Saving Throw: Standard.
P.P.E.: 25 (30)
The Zodiac Mage is bestowed with the power of flight, but it is not like the fine control one has with Fly as the Eagle. The mage is engulfed in a large, fiery aura that makes him look like a blazing star. He takes off across the sky like a rocket, with an impressive speed of 100 miles per hour (160 km), plus 25 mph (40 km) per additional level of experience. The mage can make minor course corrections, but like a speeding rocket he is pretty much limited to one direction once chosen. When the spell ends or the mage decides to land, he crashes into the ground, making a small crater. There is no damage to the mage, or to others around the crash site, even from some of the debris that is thrown out of the crater.
Ramsis:
Ramsis wrote: "I just went to school for this stuff. *Licks quill* How many days is this journey? Anything special folks like? Can anyone cook? Hunt? Do we all imbibe alcohol? Smoke? I am making a list odf what we may need for the journey? Also, who is paying for supplies? I will try to cover a wagon and team, but cant afford all supplies needed.
Silhouette laughs with a friendly smile as she says,"I can make bread and milk with magic in a pinch and I can hunt in a fashion because of my magic. As to cooking... I'm told in another life I would have made a great farrier as my cooked meat is as good as boot leather." At the mention of alcohol the changeling shakes her head slightly,"Only when in town, not in the field. It affects me too woefully... Speaking well is a needed part of casting my magic after all."

Silhouette nods understandingly at the question of who is paying for supplies as she leans forward and tips the chests lid open,"Tyral paid me my last adventures due from when they returned to town. We will not be able to use wagon's or mules as my magic will carry us much further far faster if more stagger stepped than a longer constant pace."
Last edited by Silhouette on Thu Dec 23, 2021 4:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 164/164 | I.S.P.: 58/58 | H.P.: 45/45 | S.D.C.:65/65
Conditions:Sixth Sense, Recognize various magics(see O.O.C. special abilities)
Armor: Studded Leather (AR13 / 38/38 SDC (-5% mobility)
Weapon: In-Hand: Bow. On person: Silver dagger & two dwarven daggers in sheath at belt, 2x throwing inside wrist armor/2x throwing in boots & 36 arrows on back.
Image
User avatar
Tolliver Trask
Group Leader
Posts: 197
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:54 pm
Contact:

Re: In Llorn ... But for How Long? (Group A)

Post by Tolliver Trask »

Perception: 1d100: [87] = 87 /65%
Just in Case: 1d20: [17] = 17 ; 1d100: [93] = 93
Conditions: Sixth Sense, Resistant to Cold, Invisible armor.
Ramsis wrote:”I just went to school for this stuff. *Licks quill* How many days is this journey? Anything special folks like? Can anyone cook? Hunt? Do we all imbibe alcohol? Smoke? I am making a list of what we may need for the journey? Also, who is paying for supplies? I will try to cover a wagon and team, but cant afford all supplies needed.’
Trask looks to Ramsis, who had basically ran under Trask's notice for a majority of the meeting. From here to Wisdom, it's a distance, but it more depends on what route we're taking." Trask says. "We have a wagon already, or a cart I guess, and I still have supplies from the last trip, so I'll have to go through that I guess. As for who is paying, that's on each person going, because I for one am not footing the entire bill." Trask says, he doesn't sound annoyed, but does look like he is considering what was asked.

"Well if there isn't anything else, I am in want of a decent nights sleep. Where should we meet to coordinate, as I do not have magic pigeons to send messages?" Trask says looking towards Silhouette.
Suicide King
Tolliver Trask
"Tonight, boys, we're eating like kings. We've all tasted death too much it seems." ~Shawn James
P.P.E.: 10/10
I.S.P.: 38/38
H.P.: 39/39
S.D.C.: 71/71
Constant Effects
Sixth Sense, Impervious to Fire, Resistant to Cold.
Temporary Effects
None.
Weapons in Hand
Dwarven Longsword
Armor Worn
Mjorgullan Mail Uncommon Enchanted Splint (half)
• A.R.: 12
• S.D.C.: 40/40
Tower Shield of the Hex Rare Enchanted Large Wood & Metal Plated Shield
• Indestructible
User avatar
Alkanar
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:41 am

Re: In Llorn ... But for How Long? (Group A)

Post by Alkanar »

Perception: 39% / 1d100: [63] = 63
Just in Case: 1d20: [6] = 6 ; 1d100: [10] = 10
Conditions: None
P.P.E.: 79/79
H.P.: 27/27
S.D.C.: 16/32
Hard Leather Armor S.D.C.: 120/120
Alkanar grimaces. Crap. Of course I get hit in a gap in my armor. Today is just not my day. Alkanar spares a glance at the fallen Ogre. I hope he’s not dead, but it does not look good. Can’t help him until the attackers are gone. Turning his attention back to his assailants Alkanar assesses his situation. Six here, but none of them have a bow, so there is a least one archer in hiding. But where? If it was just me, I would run. Not many can catch me on foot. Alkanar takes a defensive stance with his dagger. But I am not about to abandon someone who tried to come to my aid.
Initiative: 1d20+1: [10]+1 = 11
Action 1: Check where the archer may be. ( Intelligence: 49% / 1d100: [57] = 57 )
Action 2: Pull a Charm ward from Ward Arsenal.
Action 3: Attack the closest thug with Kobold Dagger. ( Strike: 1d20+1: [2]+1 = 3 ; Damage: 2d6+8: [4, 4]+8 = 16 )
Action 4: Attack the closest thug with Kobold Dagger. ( Strike: 1d20+1: [18]+1 = 19 ; Damage: 2d6+8: [3, 2]+8 = 13 )

Contingency: If the Intelligence check is successful.
Move out of view of potential archer locations as the second action if possible. Pushing other actions back.

Contingency: If 2 or more thugs get within 5' after the ward has been pulled.
Energize ward with a radius of 5’. “Agu Acba yin Kym-nark-mar Acba yin Lo-kum.”

Parries with Kobold Dagger: 1d20+2: [5]+2 = 7 , 1d20+2: [5]+2 = 7 , 1d20+2: [12]+2 = 14 , 1d20+2: [19]+2 = 21

Roll with Punch: 1d20+2: [6]+2 = 8 , 1d20+2: [2]+2 = 4 , 1d20+2: [6]+2 = 8 , 1d20+2: [12]+2 = 14
User avatar
Ya-Blik
Dimension Master
Posts: 182
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:56 am
Location: Palladium Fantasy GM & DM

Re: In Llorn ... But for How Long? (Group A)

Post by Ya-Blik »

Date: 17 September, 345
Time: 2210
Environment: a bit damp outside ...
Location: Llorn, The Deynish Boog




The group assembled in the The Deynish Boog continue to discuss prospective travel arrangements.

OOC: Please note that the locations of Ley Lines throughout the Palladium World are not general-knowledge items. Silhouette has run across 1, she does not have knowledge of all of the lines in the world. Hell Alchemists charge money for this info (PFRPG Pg 246). The PFRPG world is NOT a high powered magic world like Rifts-Earth, so Ley Lines are not normally visible (even at night). RUE (Pg 185) indicates: "Like magnetism or radio waves, the forces of magic are usually invisible, however, the amount of energy coursing through the ley lines since the Great Cataclysm makes them visible to the naked eye. Even three hundred years later, the ley lines surge with unparalleled levels of mystic power. That' s why you can see them radiating light blue energy at night (the color of magic) and even see them faintly from a distance during the day." See also, Mysteries of Magic (Pg 23) -- "Even the dim and low powered ley lines of the World Palladium today offer an effectively unlimited amount of P.P.E. Unfortunately, the mage can usually only tap it in small amounts. A ley line provides an additional 10 P.P.E. a mage can draw upon every melee round (15 seconds). A practitioner of magic can draw in that P.P.E. to temporarily bolster his own energy reserve (as noted previously), or continually draw upon the 10 P.P.E. to cast low level magic or to supplement his own P.P.E. ... Of course, ley lines are rare, nexus points are rarer still, nexus points with three ley lines even rarer, and a nexus point with 4-6 interconnecting ley lines rarest of them all. ... Although ley lines and nexus points are of considerable strategic importance, to maintain a balance of power, the secrets of the ley lines are kept secret by all men of magic, and it is an unspoken rule that nobody tries to hold a ley line or nexus for himself."




Butcher's Bill:
Azure: -30 ISP
Bonk: Has Left the Inn
Durak:
Ramsis:
Silhouette: -71 PPE, -4 ISP
Trask:


What are you doing?
User avatar
Ya-Blik
Dimension Master
Posts: 182
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:56 am
Location: Palladium Fantasy GM & DM

Re: In Llorn ... But for How Long? (Group A)

Post by Ya-Blik »

Date: 17 September, 345
Time: 2245
Environment: a bit damp outside ...
Location: Llorn, Sea District, Down the block from the Sea Hag




Alkanar brandishes his belt dagger defiantly as his eyes futilely dart around looking for the archer who had shafted him from a distance. One of the assailants, a man-sized figure in a nondescript brown cloak, holds up an empty hand and makes a twisting motion before the blade in the Ogre's throat comes spinning back out and up to the fellow's hand. The Wolfen begins to dig into a leather case searching for a plank with Charm carved into it. As he does an angry female voice comes up from somewhere towards the back of the assembly, "One of these bitches killed my brother a few years back. Now they call a truce and walk around like they own ... " The Diabolist eventually locates the plank of wood he was searching for and whips it out holding it like a talisman.

Suddenly though, you find yourself enveloped by a purple-looking fog that springs into existence around you. Alkanar does not hear the end of whatever the assailant was describing. Instead a wave of dizziness and exhaustion crashes over him and he feels himself toppling towards the fallen ogre's body to drop into a pool of blood on the ground like a felled tree. Before unconsciousness claims you, you hear "It's the Port Authority!! Get his purse and bug-out! ... "

Some time (5 minutes) later (-2 SDC, bleeding), Alkanar starts awake to find himself lying in a puddle of blood on Llorn's cobblestone street/alley. The plank lies carving-side down in the pool next to you and turning it over finds much of the ogre's blood has mixed into whatever you previously had included and whatever additional blood you might have inadvertently added while lying there. Four burly looking guardsmen types in Llorn's colors stand over you, "He's Awake!! ... Hey' You!! Why'd you kill this Ogre? ... Smitty! Get the Sarge."



Butcher's Bill:
Alkanar: -18 SDC, Missing - Coin Purse


What are you doing?
User avatar
Alkanar
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:41 am

Re: In Llorn ... But for How Long? (Group A)

Post by Alkanar »

Perception: 39% / 1d100:: [74] = 74
Just in Case: 1d20:: [3] = 3 ; 1d100:: [88] = 88

Alkanar sits up as non-aggressively as possible. “I did not kill him, sir.” Crap, I was afraid he was dead “I was accosted by at least six thugs, and he tried to come to my aid.” Recalling what he heard before passing out, Alkanar checks for his Coin Purse. Upon finding it missing he continues. “After they cut him down, they cast a sleeping spell on me and stole my money.” Alkanar gestures over to the fallen Ogre. “Though considering how he turned out, it is a good thing you showed up. At least one of them had a grudge against my kind. I could have shared a similar fate.” Alkanar grips his side with the arrow in it. “If one of you gentlemen would be so kind, I have an arrow wound that I could use help tending to.” Hopefully, they will respond to my respect in kind. “After that, I can attempt to draw the portraits of my attackers if you wish.”

If one of the guardsmen helps him with his wound: Holistic Medicine: 35% / 1d100: [99] = 99
User avatar
Tolliver Trask
Group Leader
Posts: 197
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:54 pm
Contact:

Re: In Llorn ... But for How Long? (Group A)

Post by Tolliver Trask »

Perception: 1d100: [81] = 81 /65%
Just in Case: 1d20: [7] = 7 ; 1d100: [25] = 25
Conditions: Sixth Sense, Resistant to Cold, Invisible armor.

Silhouette wrote:"Oh, I don't have any of those kinds of powers. This makes you still travel, but each person alone and through the night sky at a very speedy pace. No carts, wagons, and no creatures unable to think at the means of a person... There will be stops in between, which will be a camp, so bring enough to shelter against wind, the cold, and rain but only what you can carry. I can provide bread and milk on an emergency basis by means of magic where a little hunting and foraging will go a long way inbetween. I can take us on hops of about 350 miles that will take about an hour for each. Wisdom is a distance of... Two thousand miles in a straight line from Llorn, give or take a hundred miles assuming no navigational mistakes." Of note are some leylines in between... The option is two thousand miles and no less than a week at best of road time and camping with all the dangers that entails or... We use the leylines and it is at best two days without navigational errors. There is a leyline between Hadrian's Cove and Llorn to start with. We rest after leaving Llorn until the next night. From there we reach the next leyline east just within the distance I can take us in a single hop. It may be close enough or too far, but this is fine because I will still be fully rested and if an emergency insists we cannot make the small walk to the leyline we can take off going south along that leyline until we come to the Old Kingdom River south of the Shattered Mountains. I will be able to see it at that point using either two spells; one for vision or shape change to an owl and I will have no difficulty identifying the river at night. All of the leylines are visible at night due that the daylight is not masking their essence and they go straight across our path until the one near Wisdom that is diagonally aligned."
Trask nods and then looks thoughtful. "What happens if Durak has to deliver something for the job he's looking for to fund us on our trip there? Trask asks, as if to remind Silhouette of previous decisions. "I don't think we're in such a rush to have to fly there like a blazing star that is more than likely very noticeable, and while we're waiting for others to gather we could potentially be attacked by forces curious as to what a celestial event has brought them. I Think going by road is going to be a safer option. If I'm not mistaken, we could easily take a river boat to Wisdom and that would cut our travel time considerably, and allow us the ability to bring much more equipment. As for Ley Lines, I have no idea what you speak of, so I'll just assume you're right" Trask says.

Because we'd be generally screwed if something happened to you, then we all die I guess. Trask thinks darkly, remembering a particularly poor memory from his past.

"If expedience is your only goal, we should just inquire at the mages guild for teleportation from here to Wisdom. While pricy, it certainly would be the fastest route." Trask says.
Suicide King
Tolliver Trask
"Tonight, boys, we're eating like kings. We've all tasted death too much it seems." ~Shawn James
P.P.E.: 10/10
I.S.P.: 38/38
H.P.: 39/39
S.D.C.: 71/71
Constant Effects
Sixth Sense, Impervious to Fire, Resistant to Cold.
Temporary Effects
None.
Weapons in Hand
Dwarven Longsword
Armor Worn
Mjorgullan Mail Uncommon Enchanted Splint (half)
• A.R.: 12
• S.D.C.: 40/40
Tower Shield of the Hex Rare Enchanted Large Wood & Metal Plated Shield
• Indestructible
User avatar
Ya-Blik
Dimension Master
Posts: 182
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:56 am
Location: Palladium Fantasy GM & DM

Re: In Llorn ... But for How Long? (Group A)

Post by Ya-Blik »

Date: 17 September, 345
Time: 2246
Environment: a bit damp outside ...
Location: Llorn, Sea District, Down the block from the Sea Hag




Alkanar pulls on the shaft to extract the arrow from his side as he explains his innocence to the Port guards, however the angle is awkward and before the arrow is fully removed he hears it snap. With most of an arrow-shaft in hand the Diabolist can feel a residual piece of something jabbing at his internal organs, “I did not kill him, sir. I was accosted by at least six thugs, and he tried to come to my aid. After they cut him down, they cast a sleeping spell on me and stole my money. Though considering how he turned out, it is a good thing you showed up. At least one of them had a grudge against my kind. I could have shared a similar fate. If one of you gentlemen would be so kind, I have an arrow wound that I could use help tending to. After that, I can attempt to draw the portraits of my attackers if you wish.”

Four sets of eyes regard you with a mix of skepticism and indifference. A brown-bearded fellow nudges the fallen Ogre with a boot, "Poor mangy wolf. Far from home eh? Welcome to Llorn. It's a bad idea to be wandering in the dark by your lonesome down here unless you can take care of yourself. A lesson this fellow didn quite learn either ... You should get yourself up to one of the temples before you bleed out." There is no mention of tracking down any alleged thieves.



Butcher's Bill:
Alkanar: -21 SDC, Missing - Coin Purse, Bleeding


What are you doing?
User avatar
Durak
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 225
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Re: In Llorn ... But for How Long? (Group A)

Post by Durak »

Perception 1d100<53: [82] = 0
jic 1d100: [1] = 1 1d20: [16] = 16

Durak listens to what Sil has to say and inwardly starts to think about what she has to say.

Considering you are giving enough information to attempt to sate our request for information, but you avoid naming them. Starting to wonder if we should be helping you or keeping an eye on you!


Durak didn't like travelling by ritual. This, travelling by hurtling through the air, whoever came up with that spell was a complete lunatic. Dwarves were not meant to be tossed through the air like a ragdoll. Nobody tosses a dwarf.

"Trask is right. This spell of yours sounds more dangerous to us than helpful. Maybe in emergencies.
Tolliver Trask wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:09 am "If expedience is your only goal, we should just inquire at the mages guild for teleportation from here to Wisdom. While pricy, it certainly would be the fastest route." Trask says.
"

"And we've had experience of this. It worked and placed us in no danger."
Durak
HP 40
SDC 59
Cloak of protection AR12 SDC 50 Impervious to Fire
Bracers AR15
Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft,
Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
User avatar
Alkanar
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:41 am

Re: In Llorn ... But for How Long? (Group A)

Post by Alkanar »

Perception: 39% / 1d100: [53] = 53
Just in Case: 1d20: [9] = 9 ; 1d100: [42] = 42

Alkanar stands up while sheathing his dagger and grabbing his ward panel, then giving the guard that spoke to him a deadpan look. "Wolf? I expected the city guard to have more decorum. I doubt you would like it if I called you a monkey." Calm down, there is no helping their outlook. Taking a breath and turning his attention to the panel while trying to wipe as much blood off as he can, Alkanar continues. "Whether I can handle myself or not is not the issue sir. None of you would have likely fared better against a sleep spell than I did. The issue is that at the very worst you have a rogue wizard on the loose, and at best you have a criminal running around with a returning dagger..." Alkanar looks back to the guards. "I forgot to mention that, didn't I? The dagger that killed the ogre returned to its owner's hand." Wincing as the arrowhead in his side makes itself known again, Alkanar turns to leave. "As for getting to a temple to deal with my wound, I will do just that." But I will be following up on this. If these guards are antagonistic I will take a different track. There should be somewhere to report the theft. Maybe a priest will know. With that said, Alkanar makes his way over to the temple district.
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 408
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01
Contact:

Re: In Llorn ... But for How Long? (Group A)

Post by Silhouette »

JIC: 1d100: [49] = 49 1d20: [18] = 18
Perc: 68% / 1d100: [94] = 94

Silhouette shrugs at Trask’s reasoning of what if Durak finds a hauling job as she says,”But aren’t you only suggesting we take a job to pay for and make it worth the foot wary trip? I mean, you didn't like the idea of going West because you'd traveled on foot so much already. So this was my solution. It makes a long trip easier and so no reason to make it worthwhile by taking a job.”

Nodding without hesitation, Silhouette agrees with the assessment of visibility,”Yes, it is as much like going by golden carriage and a bugle vanguard calling your arrival for miles around…if you fly as high as you can. We can stay low too.” Smiling ruefully at her admission she adds with a finger held up and and a cocking of her head to the side as she says,”I do have a means of concealing ourselves upon landing as well. Tyral and I have differing ideas, but being sneaky is one we agreed on. As you see, I have a spell that thwarts common passerby’s and even challenges magical observation.”

Silhouette shrugs as she reasons,”At least try it out with me one of these nights so you all can each get into the saddle and get past your concerns. It is…” She pauses looking for the word before almost bursting,”Exciting. There is no magic I’ve seen or animal you can ride that is as swift and it really is safe. Fly spells, flying carpets, giant eagle horse, both singular and compound; all can kill you. This. Will. Not. You just land safe and sound.”

Silhouette threads her fingers and pulls them against her abdomen at Trask’s mention of going by river and looking pained as well,”If that is an option, it could be faster. If not, much easier on our feet. Though boats are like hiring someone to ride the back of their mule. They will want pay for what they can’t now take to market. Horses and carts take up space for goods and they won’t be able to sell your things… And if they decide they do want to sell your things they can throw you overboard. That would be nice though, because they’d fail and we could have our own boat?” Catching herself rambling she raises her eyebrows at Trask as if asking for his input.

Silhouette frowns at the suggestion of teleportation,”Well I’m not a Tower Wizard so can only guess at cost. That guess is that it is even more expensive than a boat. But I’m a bit hurt that you’d think to trust a stranger to magic you somewhere and not myself. I’ve never done you wrong, have I?”

Durak wrote:,"Trask is right. This spell of yours sounds more dangerous to us than helpful. Maybe in emergencies.
Silhouette begins to look even more hurt between Trask’s and now Durak’s recriminations of her magic and she wasn’t even lying to them about anything. Speaking she says past a growing lump in her throat making her a little husky sounding,”Is being able to conceal us where we land not enough to thwart the possibility of being attacked while we rest?" Silhouette clears her throat and swallows the lump there down as she continues saying,"Or that when you land and even when the spell ends it only puts you down safely? We could follow the roads themselves if you like. We would travel faster still and be no more visible to robbers than we are in the day.” Feeling the bridge between her eyebrows begin to ache the frustration grows as Silhouette adds,"At best we will get thirty or forty miles a day by foot, animals and a cart won’t make that faster. They just let you take more with you. Faster is for combat and messenger horses that see a stable afterwards to tend their due injuries for being treated like that.” Reasoning her thoughts aloud she continues,"We could go only half the distance of a single use of the spell, scout broadly around where we want to camp for any threats and come down and still travel faster in a day."

Silhouette’s jaw muscles twitch as she apparently cuts off words to accompany her frustration-reddening eyes as she thinks to herself,”You will not cry damn it, they might not help you if you cry. Don’t cry!” Inside she desperately wants to argue in defense of herself and her personal magic that teleportation is certainly not safer, but she would get herself into a noose before willingly convincing them to discard the last means of quickly traveling to Wisdom that they might accept. Deflecting her thoughts from arguing teleportation she provides to Durak,"This is just a magic you haven't used before that is all. I'm sure you didn't think teleportation was safe the first time, right?"

Silhouette takes a big breath and exhales before finding a mug she takes a long drink. Setting the mug's bottom on her leg as she divers her input back to the tried and reasonably true modes of transportation she says,”So Very big payout for the road. Take a boat…better with a boat job. Or a teleport…better still to convince the wizard we’re doing them a favor…so a teleport job too?”
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 164/164 | I.S.P.: 58/58 | H.P.: 45/45 | S.D.C.:65/65
Conditions:Sixth Sense, Recognize various magics(see O.O.C. special abilities)
Armor: Studded Leather (AR13 / 38/38 SDC (-5% mobility)
Weapon: In-Hand: Bow. On person: Silver dagger & two dwarven daggers in sheath at belt, 2x throwing inside wrist armor/2x throwing in boots & 36 arrows on back.
Image
User avatar
Tolliver Trask
Group Leader
Posts: 197
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:54 pm
Contact:

Re: In Llorn ... But for How Long? (Group A)

Post by Tolliver Trask »

Perception: 1d100: [4] = 4 /65%
Just in Case: 1d20: [11] = 11 ; 1d100: [9] = 9
Conditions: Sixth Sense, Resistant to Cold, Invisible armor.

Trask listens to Silhouette speak, before talking again. "We can discuss this till the cows come home. We need income, Durak's contacts likely will have paying work heading that direction. So until we know the answer to that, all this discussion of how we're getting there is more or less theory." Trask says, a hint of tiredness is in his voice. "Let's call it for the night, Where can we contact you or where and when would you like to meet next as it seems one of your companion's is in desperate need of rest." Trask says gesturing at Azure.

Once Silhoutte answers the question, Trask will nod. "Sounds like a plan we can follow." The grizzled mercenary says, as he packs his few loose possessions back into their respective pouches. "If anything comes up, we're lodging at the Tipsy Tusker in the Sprawl." Trask says as he looks to Durak.

Making his way out of the tavern, Trask sighs when he gets to fresh air. Gonna be one of those years I think.
Suicide King
Tolliver Trask
"Tonight, boys, we're eating like kings. We've all tasted death too much it seems." ~Shawn James
P.P.E.: 10/10
I.S.P.: 38/38
H.P.: 39/39
S.D.C.: 71/71
Constant Effects
Sixth Sense, Impervious to Fire, Resistant to Cold.
Temporary Effects
None.
Weapons in Hand
Dwarven Longsword
Armor Worn
Mjorgullan Mail Uncommon Enchanted Splint (half)
• A.R.: 12
• S.D.C.: 40/40
Tower Shield of the Hex Rare Enchanted Large Wood & Metal Plated Shield
• Indestructible
User avatar
Ya-Blik
Dimension Master
Posts: 182
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:56 am
Location: Palladium Fantasy GM & DM

Re: In Llorn ... But for How Long? (Group A)

Post by Ya-Blik »

Date: 18 September, 345
Time: 700
Environment: warm inside, damp outside ... a light fog over Llorn.
Location: Llorn



Ramsis, Trask, Durak, Azure and Silhouette, continue to discuss the potential of night-travel as a shooting star. Trask and Durak seem unconvinced, though Silhouette fervently argues that the course is so safe it is nearly without risk.

Eventually, Trask rises "We can discuss this till the cows come home. We need income, Durak's contacts likely will have paying work heading that direction. So until we know the answer to that, all this discussion of how we're getting there is more or less theory." Trask says, a hint of tiredness is in his voice. "Let's call it for the night, Where can we contact you or where and when would you like to meet next as it seems one of your companion's is in desperate need of rest." Trask says gesturing at Azure, "If anything comes up, we're lodging at the Tipsy Tusker in the Sprawl."

OOC: Sil can pick out an inn or stay here, whatever she opts.

Trask and Durak head back to their lodgings at the Tipsy Tusker and turn in. When they rise in the morning, there is still no sign of Bonk having come in.



Butcher's Bill:
Azure: -30 ISP
Bonk: Has Left the Inn
Durak:
Ramsis:
Silhouette: -71 PPE, -4 ISP
Trask:


What are you doing?


=======================================

Date: 17 September, 345
Time: 2246
Environment: a bit damp outside ...
Location: Llorn, Sea District, Down the block from the Sea Hag




Alkanar rolls painfully to take a knee then rises to his feet grabbing his ward panel (which seems to have a fair amount of of blood on its face, some Ogre, some Wolfen) before responding, "Wolf? I expected the city guard to have more decorum. I doubt you would like it if I called you a monkey ... Whether I can handle myself or not is not the issue sir. None of you would have likely fared better against a sleep spell than I did. The issue is that at the very worst you have a rogue wizard on the loose, and at best you have a criminal running around with a returning dagger..." Alkanar looks back to the guards. "I forgot to mention that, didn't I? The dagger that killed the ogre returned to its owner's hand." Wincing as the arrowhead in his side makes itself known again, Alkanar turns to leave. "As for getting to a temple to deal with my wound, I will do just that."

Alkanar then walks towards the Temple District (OOC: Please look at the Book or the Temple District here and advise where you intend to end up unless you want me to just pick a temple at random). Typically, you identify a Location by indicating [[ __Location___ ]]


Butcher's Bill:
Alkanar: -21 SDC, Missing - Coin Purse, Bleeding


What are you doing?
User avatar
Alkanar
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:41 am

Re: In Llorn ... But for How Long? (Group A)

Post by Alkanar »

Perception: 1d100: [67] = 67 /39%
Just in Case: 1d20: [8] = 8 ; 1d100: [54] = 54

While walking to the Temple District Alkanar cleans as much blood off of his ward panel as posable, then puts it in his pack and continues on. May need to redraw that one. The wood is most likely fine, but I will check it later.

[[ __Temple of Light __ ]]

Gingerly approaching the first temple he sees, Alkanar looks around for a priest to help him with his wound. Hopefully, I will find a kind priest and not a belligerent one. Thinking back to some of his worst encounters with members of the more religious tribes back home, he amends his thought. Or a fanatical one... Upon finding a priest he addresses them. "Hello good priest, would you be able to help me with an arrowhead I have logged in my side? And if not, do you know who would?" If the priest is able to help him he will make it as easy for them to do so as posable.

Holistic Medicine: 1d100: [65] = 65 /35% (Aid the priest in removing the arrowhead)
Post Reply

Return to “Fantasy Adventures”