In Llorn ... But for How Long? (Group A)

Only adventured-related threads are found here.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 419
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01
Contact:

Re: In Llorn ... But for How Long? (Group A)

Post by Silhouette »

JIC: 1d100: [2] = 2 1d20: [9] = 9
Perc: 83% / 1d100: [10] = 10

Condition: Sense Magic; See wards; Shadowsight; Enhanced Perception; Strength of Mind; Invuln
General stat changes: Save vs Magic is now +12; +4 psionics/HF, SN endurance +5 and strength +10, temp 20 SDC; limited invuln to various effects 1/2 magic energy dmg and 225 SDC (gave bonuses to save vs magic added together above)

Silhouette’s eyes widen even though she expects it as the wash of magic energy tries to connect to her before her aura swats it away like greedy beggar's hands at market. Then her ears cry at the klaxon resonating from the door that would surely bring attention as she starts moving to action as she says,”Well that puts an exclamation point on everything…” https://www.myinstants.com/instant/meta ... ert/embed/

Silhouette realizes quickly upon seeing the floating ogre as she thinks,”I have to move Azure or he would be assuredly laid up for this since at least I could claim former residency and might eventually get out of breaking and entering.” Seeing his bird she considers leaving it in front of the door as an excuse for the alarm thinking,”I’d believe it…” However, empathy carries the day since they might throw the creature into the sea to drown or worse actively kill it, so she discards the idea.

She considers silencing the ward with a casting Globe of Silence, but then considers thinking,”What else might I have to do to turn this around? It could leave me perilously drained and still not get us out of this…” So she would take one lesson from the flock of scary ass ravens in the shattered lands as she thinks,”She would make herself look like something else.” Silhouette acts on the first step of her plan by casting Carpet of Adhesion across the front door so that it can’t be opened inward or outward however the hinges are to slow down anyone who might investigate by trying to kick it down as it would hold together well. Later she could lower the spell so that they could get in and believe a different story than breaking and entering transpiring here as she thinks,”Though I bet if Tyral hears about this, he might piece it together if he thinks on it for a few days. I wonder if he would be impressed or… Nah, he’d be incensed.” As she guessed the sour expression he would have she thinks,"He'd be right, this is rather foolish..."

Silhouette picks up and tosses aside the sleeping bird toward a big window, hoping it didn’t hurt too much after she hears the poor thing thunk over the sounding ward alarm. Silhouette then grabs Azure by the the collar and goes to Tyral’s door casting Escape to unlock it. Opening the door she lifts Azure and says,”If it is real bad, for this wrong I do to you I absolve you of your debt and dishonor for leaving us behind to deal with that necromancer.” Thinking she adds,”Two wrongs negate themselves to become a right, right?” She damn well knew her math, two negatives did not in fact make a positive. Sitting him upright she lets him go next to the chest for his arms to dangle and runs away down the hall as far as it will let her as the ward alarm continues to blare behind her. She thinks,”It is fine, he had the same invulnerable spell she did. You need me to get out of this and one of us is already incapacitated.” OOC: I did get permission from Azure’s player for this surprise.)

After Azure unwittingly triggers the effect(s), trigger meaning he is in fact touching the top of the chest, she comes back to make sure he’s relatively fine and that the wards are all gone from the chest by her sense ward sight. Casting Escape on the chest if it is locked, Silhouette will grab Azure by the forearm and after opening the chest drag his arm and hand around the inside in case of another ward, though her sight should inform on that possibility. After he has done his duty for her, Silhouette will pull Azure out of the room and carry him quickly to a window away from the front door.

Silhouette casts Breathe without Air on both beings; Azure and his familiar that she is touching so that they don’t drown. Following the breathing spell she casts Chameleon JUST on Azure so that when he is in the ocean down there he looks like flotsam as she whispers under her breath,”Sorry, It really is the best I can do under these conditions.” As Silhouette says so she punches out the window frame at the center to get it started before she pushes the ogre against the frame to a watery defenestration into the ocean below.

Returning to Tyral's old room she digs through the chest contents for magical contents using Sense magic to aid her, but still stowing anything found in her dimensional bag rather than leaving it behind. She had to have something to give to Tyral’s sister after all. Glancing at the warded coat dresser Silhouette wonders if trying to open that would be a risk too far. And she decides it is.

Next she will dig into her bag to find one of the chalk sticks she had there before she closes Tyral’s room door and writes on the outside of Tyral’s door,”Acba” a word for fire in magic or action. Then across the floor using the burned out floor's charcoal black as a contrasting chalk board she writes in front of the door but in a way that it is read right-side up when walking in from the main entrance of the hallway in Eastern,”wards” below it she underlines with an arrow pointing at Tyral’s door. Then below that line she writes,”touch and harm”. Silhouette sniffs in satisfaction at the simplicity as she pockets the chalk. Literacy: Eastern -- 37% / 1d100: [30] = 30

Going over to the bird she drags Gaozir through the chalk a bit, to simulate floundering at the door before she will casts Invisibility: Simple on herself and Breathe without Air. Silhouette puts both her hands underneath Gaozir's wings and test flaps. Silhouette thinks however awkward it looks,”It’ll look like the poor bird is hurting from the wards anyway.” At this point she cancels her own and Azure's invulnerability so as not to glow faintly. She then lets the Carpet of Adhesion off the door so it can be opened and all the while flapping Gaozir at the broken window that Azure was tossed out of with the bird made marionette's feet over the window seal until any responders see the creature and her invisible self pulling the strings.
ooc
She will have the staff in hand at the casting of invisibility at the end, in case that comes to curiosity, handling the bird as best she can.

At which point she will lunge herself and the bird out of the window and into the ocean hugging the bird so that Silhouette takes the brunt of the watery impact. After she rises from the depths to the surface and lets the bird bob there so that anyone who looks down sees a sad “drowned” bird, Silhouette will remain still in the water unconcerned with a need to breath noting to herself,"And here you didn't silence the alarm because you might tax all of your energy..." As she contemplates the emptiness of her reserves.

After a few minutes she says to herself in realization as she looks around concernedly in whisper,"Can Azure swim?"



New conditions: Invisibility: Simple & Breathe without Air

57 PPE left to work with:
54 PPE used:

-12 PPE Carpet of Adhesion to bar the front door from opening inward or outward and to hold it together under an assault
-5 PPE Breathe without Air on Azure and bird (others, plural)
-7 PE Chameleon on Azure (JUST Azure in this case))
-9 Escape on Tyral’s door to unlock it.
-9 Escape on chest to unlock it.
-7 Invisibility: Simple on Silhouette
-5 PPE Breathe Without Air



Spells descriptions:

Carpet of Adhesion
Range: 30 feet (9 m) +10 feet (3 m) per level of experience.
Duration: 10 melees (2 1/2 minutes) per level of experience.
Savings Throw: Special. If a successful saving throw vs magic is
made, that player rolls 2D6 to see how many melee rounds it will take
him to pull free. Those failing to make the saving throw are stuck for
the entire duration of the spell. Effective even against giants, and supernatural
beings (and robots).
P.P.E.: 10 (12)
The spell caster creates a sticky carpet, up to 10 feet (3 m) wide by
20 feet (6 m) long, that will adhere firmly to anyone who touches it.
The victim will stay stuck until the carpet spell time elapses or until the
spell caster cancels the spell. The carpet can be cast on a floor, table,
wall, etc., or upon a person. The spell caster can alter the size and shape
of this super flypaper (without exceeding the stated limit of 200 square
feet), but it is always a flat sheet or carpet.

Breathe Without Air
Range: Self or others by touch.
Duration: 12 melees (3 minutes) per level of experience.
Saving Throw: None
P.P.E.: Five
This invocation enables the person to function normally without air,
whether it be underwater or in a vacuum, or in an area with little or no
oxygen. Unfortunately, the magic does not protect the person from
magic toxins or other types of magic, but does protect against natural
and man-made gases and odors.

Chameleon (Chargen)
Range: Self or others by touch.
Duration: Four minutes (16 melee rounds) per level of experience.
Savings Throw: None
P.P.E.: 6 (7)
This spell enables the affected person to seemingly alter the color and pattern of his clothes and physical body, enabling him to blend into the surrounding environment. Movement destroys the effectiveness of this magic.
90% undetectable if unmoving.
70% undetectable if moving 2 feet per melee round or slower.
20% undetectable if moving 6 feet (1.8 m) per melee round.
Totally ineffective if moving any faster.

Invisibility: Simple
Level 3
Range: Self only (includes clothes and articles on one's person).
Duration: Three minutes (12 melees) per level of experience.
Saving Throw: None
P.P.E.: 6(7)
The spell caster and anything he is wearing or carrying at the time of the invocation are turned completely invisible. Any object picked up after the character has become invisible remains visible. Likewise, any item on his person that is dropped becomes visible. Neither normal nor nightvision can detect invisibility; only beings who can naturally, psionically or magically "see the invisible" can see the character. (Infrared, heat detectors, and scent tracking (animal) can also pinpoint the invisible person.)
Although the invisible person is imperceptible to the eye, he still retains physical mass. This means he cannot go through walls nor can
weapons pass harmlessly through him. The character still makes noise, leaves footprints, and physical and magical contact/attacks still affect him as usual.
While invisible, the mage can talk, weave spells, walk, climb, run, open doors, carry objects, and perform other acts of physical exertion, including combat, and remain invisible. The invisibility is terminated when the magic's duration time elapses or the mage cancels the spell. Note: If cut, only the blood is visible.
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 164/164 | I.S.P.: 58/58 | H.P.: 45/45 | S.D.C.:65/65
Conditions:Sixth Sense, Recognize various magics(see O.O.C. special abilities)
Armor: Studded Leather (AR13 / 38/38 SDC (-5% mobility)
Weapon: In-Hand: Bow. On person: Silver dagger & two dwarven daggers in sheath at belt, 2x throwing inside wrist armor/2x throwing in boots & 36 arrows on back.
Image
User avatar
Azure
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 103
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:17 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: In Llorn ... But for How Long? (Group A)

Post by Azure »

Perception: 77% 1d100: [56] = 56
D20 JiC: 1d20: [13] = 13 / D100 JiC: 1d100: [49] = 49

Conditions: Gaozir’s shared senses, Mind-Block Auto Defense.
Butcher Bill:
Azure: -10 ISP (+225 SDC, Invulnerability), Floating, Magically-Asleep [9.00 Minutes]

Float PFRPG Main pg. 165
OOC Comments
Range: Self Duration: 2 hours I.S.P.: 8
Saving Throw: None
This ability controls the distribution of body weight and creates a mild telekinetic field which enables the psionic to float effortlessly on water or one foot in the air per level of experience. On the water, the character can float and rest without exerting any physical energy to do so.
Using a psionic float in the air allows the character to sit or lay (or sleep) comfortably above the ground as if on a cushion of air. The only downside is he may get blown away during a strong wind (at least until he cancels the power). Float can also be used to break a fall by slowing the rate of descent until the character is gently hovering above the ground. Roll 1D20 to roll with fall or impact. Using the psionic float, a successful roll means no damage. A failed roll means half damage. Counts as two melee actions.
Skill rolls:
Mathematics: Basic 80%/ 1d100: [26] = 26 (math as if Azure was awake and aware)
Blind Fighting 55%/ 1d100: [85] = 85
Language: Eastern: 40% (+5%, 1st Level)/ 1d100: [59] = 59

The floor rises up to meet him would have bumped him save for the float spell keeping him aloft. The same isn't possible for Gaozir.

It may have surprised anyone to know that Azure knew math. If he was conscious and knew Silhouette's thoughts he would have commented that a negative x a negative of the same value would indeed become a positive, but only marginally so. A few negative actions for the right reasons could metaphorically multiply one's karma into the positives.

But this day is not one of those days. Azure would string her up by her ankles and swing away with his spear. A game his brethren would play on unfortunate goblins that didn’t die during a tribal war. They would often cover their eyes and see who could hit the hardest against the wriggling victims. Sometimes they would joke Azure didn’t need a blindfold and insist he plays the game. He of course didn’t need a blindfold and they didn’t know that he had his metal magic to see. There was naught he could do for the goblin, and he wasn’t so cruel to torture unnecessarily. He would easily miss on purpose hitting one of the other ogres nearby to the amusement of others. It was the least he could do. That is how angry he would be with her.

If and when he wakes soaked he will panic looking for Gaozir who he had felt panicked, the last thing he remembers. "Where is Gao!" Once he has found him safely secured atop his floating body he will allow a moment to consider, Why do I have more water in my clothes than contained in all of Baalgor Wastes?


Gaozir:
Perception: Perception: 28%/ 1d100: [91] = 91
D20 JiC: 1d20: [18] = 18 /D100 JiC: 1d100: [74] = 74
Roosting on Azures left forearm looking over his left shoulder.
Azure Languages: N:Gobblely, Eastern, Elven, Giantese
I.S.P.: 129/159 | P.P.E.: 1/1 | H.P.: 40/40 (0/5) | S.D.C.: 76/76 (0/70)
Conditions: Sixth Sense, Total Recall, Blind without familiar, Mind's Eye, or Blind Fighting
Armor: Quilted Tunic | A.R.: 8 | S.D.C.: 15/15 | Modifiers:-
Weapon: Long Spear | Dmg: 3d6+19 | Modifiers: +9 strike, +9 parry, +11 throw | Throw Range: 180' S.N. 240'| Dmg: 4d6
Familiar: Gaozir (See Equipment for Combat Data) | S.D.C.: 51/51 | H.P.:- | APR: 2 (+2 Strike/Dodge) Damage: 2D4+2 (talons or beak), Dive Bomb: 4d4+4 (2 actions)
Abilities: Horror Factor: 10, Spd: 33 (66 in bursts, dive at 88), Excellent vision (2 miles), Nightvision 300', Track by scent 66%; by sight 80%, Glide for over 10 miles without flapping wings
Animal and Psionics: See the Invisible, Sense Evil, Sense Magic, Sixth Sense, and Empathy (receives only). Range: 600 foot area.
User avatar
Ya-Blik
Dimension Master
Posts: 197
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:56 am
Location: Palladium Fantasy GM & DM

Re: In Llorn ... But for How Long? (Group A)

Post by Ya-Blik »

Date: 18 September, 345
Time: 805
Environment: A light fog over Llorn.
Location: Llorn - Temple of Light and Dark



Trask, see above.




Date: 18 September, 345
Time: 1015
Environment: A nice morning, Llorn.
Location: Llorn - Marketplace




Alkanar asks how the Dwarf is and relates how he had previously mistaken him as inanimate. The Dwarf responds with surly demeanor, "No I'm not alright, I lost my train of thought talking to a damn elf in there and instead of waiting patiently she Magiked me out of her shop!! I swear the damn Elves are a menace! Why it's an outrage I tell you. Durak Stonesplitter is above this kind of thing. Next time I am bringing Bonk, or Trask, or so help me, that blind ogre so his bird can shite all over stuff in her pretty little Alchemy shop. I am a Guild Master Collector, doesn't that mean anything?!? Who are you? You a Northern Wolf? Or one of those from the West? What are you looking at me for? I am in no mood to be trifled with, so if you are thinking of asking me for a handout you'd best keep stepping your furry self along now ... I have places to be. Got to go tell the others about this ridiculous job option. Penninshire. Who would want to go all the way to that little kingdom?"




Date: 18 September, 345
Time: 815
Environment: A light fog over Llorn.
Location: Llorn, Pier



Ramsis rapidly agrees to the purchase, sight unseen, on the assumption the hammer is somehow enchanted (even though no such statement was ever made by the Guard), "Done. I agree to your price, good sir.” As he reaches for his purse, Ramsis hears the sound of guards moving back towards the Pier area where Silhouette and Azure had gone (and where there was presently some kind of ruckus issuing from one of the buildings). One of them pulls out a small hunting horn and blows 4 staccato blasts that add to the general noise (with the continuing alarm).

The Dwarven priest nods as the guards begin to head towards the pier, he hurries out ahead of them (jogging) while speaking a prayer to his divine patron, then a spell of protection and readies his Crossbow. Approaching the gate to the Pier area, the guards whom he had previously outpaced catch up and one of them seems to have a stern and unhappy look on his face, "Are you involved in this? Why have you got a weapon out sir?"

====

Meanwhile, Silhouette casts carpet of adhesion [-12 PPE] to secure the front door to the building then, picks up and tosses the unconscious Gaozir towards a window and it impacts on the left side of the windowsill before bouncing through and out (onto the ground? Gaozir wakes up outside). She then grabs Azure by the the collar and easily hauls him (floating) back up the stairs to Tyral’s door to Escape [-9 PPE] and unlock it. Opening the door she lifts the floating Azure and sits him upright before she lets him go next to the chest for his arms to dangle and runs away down the hall. After a few seconds, she returns and finds Azure floating quite distinctly above the chest with the quartet of ward symbols (OOC: Float should maintain him above a ground/hard surface but Azure approved offline, so this will be an exception) which seem to be vanishing from view. The Chest does not appear to be locked but does seem to be empty, so she casts Chameleon [-7 PPE] on Azure and pushes him out the window where he unceremoniously tumbles downward without a thump or a splash before pulling out some chalk to write "Wards Touch and Harm" on the exterior of the door. The Southern mage then casts Invisibility on herself [-7 PPE] and looks around for the unconscious bird she had previously thrown through a window on the 1st floor, then hops out of Tyral's window.

OOC: Diving out the window isn't effective to make Azure look like he's floating on the water, because the building with your rooms isn't out on the Pier, it's Building 3 here: https://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/v ... 43#p340143. With chameleon & float he still ends up outside, just not wet.

Glancing towards the gate Silhouette can see Ramsis with his crossbow out talking to some guards, one of whom is looking over at the building she just vacated. There are also some workers emerging from other buildings in the compound and beginning to walk towards the building.



Butcher's Bill:
Azure: -10 ISP, Floating, Chameleon, Magically-Asleep [6.00 Minutes]
** Gaozir: -4 SDC, Awake
Durak: On Hiatus
Ramsis: -30 PPE, 1 Charged [Patron] Stone, Armor of Ithan
Silhouette: -150 PPE, -22 ISP
Trask:
Alkanar: -26 SDC


What are you doing?
User avatar
Alkanar
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:41 am

Re: In Llorn ... But for How Long? (Group A)

Post by Alkanar »

Perception: 1d100: [15] = 15 /39%
Just in Case: 1d20: [1] = 1 ; 1d100: [39] = 39

Alkanar is taken slightly aback by the dwarf's outburst. He takes a step back and raises his hands defensively. "I was merely inquiring about your welfare sir. As I said before you were unnaturally still, I feared you had had a worse encounter than an impatient Alchemist." Elves aren't that bad, but I am not going to convince him of that. "To answer your other question. I am from the north. Thankfully I have not had to suffer the West's atrocities." Alkanar responds, with a slight growl of displeasure in the last word before he schools his features. He said he was a Master Collector right? Sounds important.

Intelligence: 1d100: [40] = 40 /49% (Recall what a Master Collector is from his time in intelligence in the Wolfen Empire's army)
History: 1d100: [75] = 75 /65% (Recall what a Master Collector is from the Dominions history)
Law: 1d100: [86] = 86 /55% (Recall what a Master Collector is from the Dominions laws)

If Successful:
Oh right, Master Collectors are the Merchant Guild's elite investigation and recovery agents.
If Unsuccessful:
"You will have to excuse me, while I have some familiarity with the Dominion the specifics of your title are escaping me. What is a Master Collector?"

Whether he remembers or has it explained:
Probably a good contact to have for finding work. In fact, he just mentioned one. "You mentioned a job option? As it so happens I am in the middle of looking for some work myself. Would you have need of a ward mage Master Durak? " Alkanar asks with a bow to Durak. "No better way to protect recovered goods. Or if some ne'er-do-well somehow happens to have wards themselves, there is no better counter than someone who understands them. I also have some basic combat training, so while it is not my preference I am not dead weight if the need arises." He mentioned Penninshire, where is that again? If I am going to be traveling outside of Llorn I should get some navigation equipment.

Astronomy & Navigation: 1d100: [4] = 4 /55% (recall where Penninshire is from maps he has seen before.)
User avatar
Tolliver Trask
Group Leader
Posts: 207
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:54 pm
Contact:

Re: In Llorn ... But for How Long? (Group A)

Post by Tolliver Trask »

Perception: 1d100: [26] = 26 /65%
Just in Case: 1d20: [19] = 19 ; 1d100: [91] = 91
Conditions: Sixth Sense, Resistant to Cold, Invisible armor.
Ya-Blik wrote:"A magical club isn't exactly much of a clue when you are talking about a warrior god like Lopnel. Lopnel the "Red God" of the Southern dieties symbolizes war, warriors and conflict ... but let me think ... Lopnel was not really known for a club being his weapon of choice, I think he had an Axe with ... maybe a white blade(?), that sounds right to me. Stories of Lopnel have him as a real scorch the earth and salt the fields type ... If someone insults your honor, you don't just beat him to a pulp, you kill his family and maybe sack his village. He likes conflict, not for competition like say Cirga ... but he's been portrayed as a bully and who just loves to cause carnage. He seems the type where there's not going to just be 1 club you could be referencing, and I cannot quite tell if you mean a magic weapon made by an Alchemist for one of his followers, something blessed in a jungle-temple-ceremony a few years ago, a holy weapon that may or may not bear a name and figure into legends or some esoteric prophecy, or perhaps even a Rune Weapon ... though by Isis' Eternal Torch, I cannot think of anything like that in the last 1000 years. Lopnel as a warrior god just may have a good number of weapons of various types dedicated to him. Now I myself have not dealt with any of his priests, so this is all a bit second hand ... What about the club makes it powerful and dangerous? That might help to determine a bit more, maybe ... "
"fool artifact, some thrice-blessed-backscratcher-of-who-gives-a-crap!! ... a tooth-lined warclub allegedly blessed by Lopnel, the Red God of her homelands. Trask remembers from his brief mind bond with Sil. "Tooth-lined warclub... to be honest even the individual who stole [GM EDIT: Told Silhouette about] it didn't seem to think it was very special, called it a thrice-blessed-backscratcher-of-who-gives-a-crap." Trask says in response to Brother Reid's question. "To be honest I figured it was not important. But this conversation pretty much confirms that it likely isn't anything very important. So I guess thank you for your time." Trask says, sliding a handful of coins to the man (20 gp).

Once the conversation is over, Trask makes his way back to the inn, and finds a comfortable place to sit and wait. They'll be here eventually.
Suicide King
Tolliver Trask
"Tonight, boys, we're eating like kings. We've all tasted death too much it seems." ~Shawn James
P.P.E.: 10/10
I.S.P.: 38/38
H.P.: 39/39
S.D.C.: 71/71
Constant Effects
Sixth Sense, Impervious to Fire, Resistant to Cold.
Temporary Effects
None.
Weapons in Hand
Dwarven Longsword
Armor Worn
Mjorgullan Mail Uncommon Enchanted Splint (half)
• A.R.: 12
• S.D.C.: 40/40
Tower Shield of the Hex Rare Enchanted Large Wood & Metal Plated Shield
• Indestructible
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 419
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01
Contact:

Re: In Llorn ... But for How Long? (Group A)

Post by Silhouette »

JIC: 1d100: [45] = 45 1d20: [6] = 6
Perc: 83% / 1d100: [12] = 12

Condition: Sense Magic; See wards; Enhanced Perception; Strength of Mind;


Silhouette looks over at Ramsis and the responding guards as they make way toward the noisome building. Silhouette’s brown crinkles in wonder as much like the guards she could not hear she asks herself,”Why did Ramsis have his weapon in hand?” In case he may say something unwise she activates telepathy superior and touches the Priest of Spiders mind,”Ramsis, it is Silhouette, I’m using mind powers to telepathically speak to you. We’re all safely out on the pier, can go the Petal and lead her off from the pier like you’re no longer interested in what is happening? If asked, you are here looking to trade goods for a trip with hired on companions heading to Wisdom, but haven’t had any luck on dried fish.”

Presuming Ramsis does at least lead Petal away Silhouette will turn to patting the air for where the ogre Azure should be with one hand and the other holding her staff until she finds him. From there she will drag him down the pier to follow along after the dwarf priest and Petal while the siren song of alarm and the mule’s clopping hooves cover any noise she may make as she gives the mule a once over that everything is on her as expected.

Silhouette will watch for a nice cubby to drag the ogre to once they are far from the alarming building for privacy and his protection to awake him after she telepathically informs Ramsis upon finding such a spot, ”Please stop and comfort Petal, Azure is asleep by a ward and I need to wake him before we go on, then I'll pay for your nice breakfast once we meet back up with the others.” Hopefully it doesn’t take too many as she tries slapping the ogre and backing away after he awakes.

Once he is alert she will cancel his Chameleon concealment and tell him,"Protective wards had a sleep charm and you were affected. That noise is one of the wards." Silhouette tentatively wonders how the ogre is doing and asks,"Are you...feeling well?" If he doesn't wake up she will still cancel the chameleon magic and her invisibility and drags him along answering to any curious folks,"Ogre drank too much last night... I know, right; look at his size he could drink a tavern to ruin getting this drunk!" and the like as they head to the Werrington's House of Trade & Securities to deposit all her gold until she had a better idea or prospects to spend it on before then going to the Tipsy Tusker to meet Durak and Trask, as well as that other ogre Bonk if he joined them.

New Condition: Telepathy, Superior - 8 ISP
Storing gold
Silhouette keeps small purse of gold she has on person inside dimensional bag; 380 gp plus the 50 gp (430 gp) from counter-thieving Ravencrofts purse snatcher, stores all the rest into the Werrington's House of Trade & Securities ( https://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/v ... 25#p297625 ):

Chest from Tyral (19,000 gold): https://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/v ... 9#p1383199
Lycinean pier (4,430 gold): https://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/v ... 7#p1355527

Total in bank after deposit should be: 25,570 gold
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 164/164 | I.S.P.: 58/58 | H.P.: 45/45 | S.D.C.:65/65
Conditions:Sixth Sense, Recognize various magics(see O.O.C. special abilities)
Armor: Studded Leather (AR13 / 38/38 SDC (-5% mobility)
Weapon: In-Hand: Bow. On person: Silver dagger & two dwarven daggers in sheath at belt, 2x throwing inside wrist armor/2x throwing in boots & 36 arrows on back.
Image
User avatar
Azure
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 103
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:17 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: In Llorn ... But for How Long? (Group A)

Post by Azure »

Perception: 77% 1d100: [87] = 87
D20 JiC: 1d20: [6] = 6 / D100 JiC: 1d100: [46] = 46

Conditions: Gaozir’s shared senses, Mind-Block Auto Defense.
Butcher Bill:
Azure: -10 ISP, Floating, Chameleon, Magically-Asleep [6.00 Minutes]
** Gaozir: -4 SDC, Awake
Float PFRPG Main pg. 165
OOC Comments
Range: Self Duration: 2 hours I.S.P.: 8
Saving Throw: None
This ability controls the distribution of body weight and creates a mild telekinetic field which enables the psionic to float effortlessly on water or one foot in the air per level of experience. On the water, the character can float and rest without exerting any physical energy to do so.
Using a psionic float in the air allows the character to sit or lay (or sleep) comfortably above the ground as if on a cushion of air. The only down side is he may get blown away during a strong wind (at least until he cancels the power). Float can also be used to break a fall by slowing the rate of descent until the character is gently hovering above the ground. Roll 1D20 to roll with fall or impact. Using the psionic float, a successful roll means no damage. A failed roll means half damage. Counts as two melee actions.
Skill rolls:

Gaozir:
Perception: Perception: 28%/ 1d100: [98] = 98
D20 JiC: 1d20: [5] = 5 /D100 JiC: 1d100: [22] = 22

As the blackness of sleep withdraws its veil from his mind Gaozir starts to hear seagulls. Slowly his vision clears and his mind fog vanishes with him remembering he was falling towards the building burned floor…jerking suddenly and flapping his wing erratically he tries to stop his descent only to find he already is on the ground managing to only kick up puffs of dust off the roads worn path. Grumbling he settles on his rump taking the measure of his surroundings. Looking for his master Gaozir peers up and down the street.

Inside….outside. the bird recalls looking up at the open window. Deciding that’s where the master is he kicks up more dust with a powerful flap aiming to perch on the windows sill. Peering inside the windowed room Gaozir issues a low growling sound in disappointment spying nothing but an empty room.

Claws clicking on the windows sill Gaozir turns from the window taking off into the air. Circling high above the roofs the bird looks for his master, certainly feeling his presence below but not seeing him. Moving? Gaozir senses his master but not as strong as before. Circling still he senses his master farther than closer works his way back. Feeling his way, he keeps close above searching until he sees him below being dragged along by the girl that was with them before the darkness. Excited! Gaozir swoops down landing on Azure, cooing in approval pecking and preening the ogre’s hair and ear.
Azure Languages: N:Gobblely, Eastern, Elven, Giantese
I.S.P.: 129/159 | P.P.E.: 1/1 | H.P.: 40/40 (0/5) | S.D.C.: 76/76 (0/70)
Conditions: Sixth Sense, Total Recall, Blind without familiar, Mind's Eye, or Blind Fighting
Armor: Quilted Tunic | A.R.: 8 | S.D.C.: 15/15 | Modifiers:-
Weapon: Long Spear | Dmg: 3d6+19 | Modifiers: +9 strike, +9 parry, +11 throw | Throw Range: 180' S.N. 240'| Dmg: 4d6
Familiar: Gaozir (See Equipment for Combat Data) | S.D.C.: 51/51 | H.P.:- | APR: 2 (+2 Strike/Dodge) Damage: 2D4+2 (talons or beak), Dive Bomb: 4d4+4 (2 actions)
Abilities: Horror Factor: 10, Spd: 33 (66 in bursts, dive at 88), Excellent vision (2 miles), Nightvision 300', Track by scent 66%; by sight 80%, Glide for over 10 miles without flapping wings
Animal and Psionics: See the Invisible, Sense Evil, Sense Magic, Sixth Sense, and Empathy (receives only). Range: 600 foot area.
User avatar
Ya-Blik
Dimension Master
Posts: 197
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:56 am
Location: Palladium Fantasy GM & DM

Re: In Llorn ... But for How Long? (Group A)

Post by Ya-Blik »

Date: 18 September, 345
Time: 1100
Environment: A bright late morning
Location: The Tipsy Tusker



Ramsis gapes for a moment at the Guard addressing him before briefly reversing and allowing his weapon to drop towards the ground, "No trouble sir, no trouble! When I passed you fellas I said I would send a spirit in to see what the fuss was. You didn't hear me? Must have been all these damn alarms and your friend's hunting-horn ... My lady Tark has not answered my prayers, or she may not have any Spirit Spiders in the area ...” Silhouette reaches out mentally and prompts the little Dwarf to excuse himself, which he eventually is able to do. The guards and several dockworkers are entering the building as she locates Azure and begins dragging him slowly out of the compound (given the constraints of Chameleon).

Silhouette, Azure, and Ramsis eventually meet back up a couple blocks away where either the sound just cannot be heard anymore due to distance, or it just turned off. Either way, the return of relative quite is a welcome respite. Silhouette directs the others to accompany her to Werringtons so that she can deposit more money (23,430 gp) in her account (bringing the total to 25,570 gp).

Meanwhile, Trask returns to the inn from the Temple of Light and Dark, to sit and nurse a pitcher of ale as he waits for the others. Before too long Durak walks in through the front door accompanied not by Bonk, but an Wolfen. " ... and that Alkanar, is why the Red Brigade of Llorn is the premier infantry company in all of the Palladium World. Ah, here's Trask. He's the fella to see if you want to look into attaching yourself to our company ... For a while we were calling ourselves the Trask-Gang even. Trask, this wolfen says he's a Diabolist, by Epim's tears I had never heard of such a thing."

The trio of Silhouette, Azure, and Ramsis arrive at the Tipsy Tusker about this time.

Durak
When asked, Durak will divulge that he has located a potential job for an Alchemist named Myfflin in the Bazaar. If Trask is interested Durak will tell him anything here: https://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/v ... 7#p1386467.


Meanwhile, no one has seen Bonk.


Butcher's Bill:
Azure: -10 ISP
** Gaozir: -4 SDC, Awake
Durak: On Hiatus
Ramsis: -30 PPE, 1 Charged [Patron] Stone
Silhouette: -150 PPE, -22 ISP
Trask:
Alkanar: -26 SDC


What are you doing?
User avatar
Alkanar
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:41 am

Re: In Llorn ... But for How Long? (Group A)

Post by Alkanar »

Perception: 1d100: [65] = 65 /39%
Just in Case: 1d20: [9] = 9 ; 1d100: [1] = 1
Ya-Blik wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:32 am Meanwhile, Trask returns to the inn from the Temple of Light and Dark, to sit and nurse a pitcher of ale as he waits for the others. Before too long Durak walks in through the front door accompanied not by Bonk, but an Wolfen. " ... and that Alkanar, is why the Red Brigade of Llorn is the premier infantry company in all of the Palladium World. Ah, here's Trask. He's the fella to see if you want to look into attaching yourself to our company ... For a while we were calling ourselves the Trask-Gang even. Trask, this wolfen says he's a Diabolist, by Epim's tears I had never heard of such a thing."
Alkanar finishes listening to Durak's exposition with a nod. I believe it, there is not a single soldier in the Wolfen Army that has not heard of the Red Brigade's Fenry's Fang, or The Wolf Hammer if going by their proper name. He then spends a moment taking in the old veteran soldier. Old with innumerable scars and the air of a soldier, this is not a man to trifle with.

Intelligence: 1d100: [94] = 94 /49% (further evaluate Trask)
Heraldry: 1d100: [14] = 14 /40% (further evaluate Trask if their are any desernable symbols on his garb)

Reaching his hand to Trask for a forearm handshake, Alkanar introduces himself. "Greetings Sir Trask. My name is Alkanar, and despite your colleague's skepticism, I am indeed a Diabolist. I just arrived the other day and was looking for work when I came across Master Durak here. A Master Collector seemed like a good contact to have, so I thought I would offer my services." Poping an inquisitive eyebrow he continues. "Trask-Gang ehh? Who came up with that little moniker?"
User avatar
Tolliver Trask
Group Leader
Posts: 207
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:54 pm
Contact:

Re: In Llorn ... But for How Long? (Group A)

Post by Tolliver Trask »

Perception: 1d100: [32] = 32 /65%
Just in Case: 1d20: [4] = 4 ; 1d100: [81] = 81
Conditions: Sixth Sense, Resistant to Cold, Invisible armor.
Durak wrote:" ... and that Alkanar, is why the Red Brigade of Llorn is the premier infantry company in all of the Palladium World. Ah, here's Trask. He's the fella to see if you want to look into attaching yourself to our company ... For a while we were calling ourselves the Trask-Gang even. Trask, this wolfen says he's a Diabolist, by Epim's tears I had never heard of such a thing."
Trask looks up from his ale and journal to look at Durak and his new companion. Hmm... another Wolfen.
Alkanar wrote:Reaching his hand to Trask for a forearm handshake, Alkanar introduces himself. "Greetings Sir Trask. My name is Alkanar, and despite your colleague's skepticism, I am indeed a Diabolist. I just arrived the other day and was looking for work when I came across Master Durak here. A Master Collector seemed like a good contact to have, so I thought I would offer my services." Poping an inquisitive eyebrow he continues. "Trask-Gang ehh? Who came up with that little moniker?"
Trask doesn't return the handshake, he does however close his journal and give Alkanar his attention. "I know what a Diabolist is, and the sir is unnecessary. As for the name, a very strange Kobold came up with it." Trask says, taking a sip from his mug. "So you want to be a mercenary? Very well. I'm sure Silhouette will have many questions for you." Trask says gesturing to Sil as she enters.

Trask looks to Durak and quickly converses about the job offer, but ends with a shrug. "Might be worth it." Trask says before turning back to Alkanar. "So where are you from?" Trask asks.
Suicide King
Tolliver Trask
"Tonight, boys, we're eating like kings. We've all tasted death too much it seems." ~Shawn James
P.P.E.: 10/10
I.S.P.: 38/38
H.P.: 39/39
S.D.C.: 71/71
Constant Effects
Sixth Sense, Impervious to Fire, Resistant to Cold.
Temporary Effects
None.
Weapons in Hand
Dwarven Longsword
Armor Worn
Mjorgullan Mail Uncommon Enchanted Splint (half)
• A.R.: 12
• S.D.C.: 40/40
Tower Shield of the Hex Rare Enchanted Large Wood & Metal Plated Shield
• Indestructible
User avatar
Alkanar
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:41 am

Re: In Llorn ... But for How Long? (Group A)

Post by Alkanar »

[rolls held]
Tolliver Trask wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:24 am Trask doesn't return the handshake, he does however close his journal and give Alkanar his attention. "I know what a Diabolist is, and the sir is unnecessary. As for the name, a very strange Kobold came up with it." Trask says, taking a sip from his mug. "So you want to be a mercenary? Very well. I'm sure Silhouette will have many questions for you." Trask says gesturing to Sil as she enters.
Disappointed that his friendly overture was ignored Alkanar withdraws his hand. A Kobald? To my recollection, they do not have much better of a reputation with humans down here than us Wolven. If so, then his group seems to be more tolerant, a lucky find. While mercenary is not exactly what I was going for, I have been a soldier, so why not. It makes travel more likely, so I am likely to find more interesting magics. When Trask gestures to Silhouette, Alkanar turns to evaluate her. A darker-skinned human, never seen one of them before. Where does that mean she is from again? And why would she be the one with questions for me? Is she a mage?

History: 1d100: [71] = 71 /65% (Recall where humans with Silhouette's skin tone are from.)
Intelligence: 1d100: [87] = 87 /49% (Evaluate why Silhouette would be the one with questions.)

He also spares a moment for her companions. A stout ogre with a large bird, and another dwarf. Interesting. The ogre lends more credence to this group's tolerance. Though I wonder how they restrain an ogre's more violent nature.
Tolliver Trask wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:24 am Trask looks to Durak and quickly converses about the job offer, but ends with a shrug. "Might be worth it." Trask says before turning back to Alkanar. "So where are you from?" Trask asks.
Alkanar turns back to Trask to answer his question. "The Wolven Empire. With the recent treaty, I thought it was a good time to see what magics there are down here. And having grown up among humans, do what I can to foster peace. Though that second part is not so easy, I was a bit too cavalier when I first got here..." Alkanar tails off with his hand going to the hole in his shirt. "Getting shot and robbed was a painful wake-up call."
Last edited by Alkanar on Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 419
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01
Contact:

Re: In Llorn ... But for How Long? (Group A)

Post by Silhouette »

JIC 1d20: [16] = 16 1d100: [30] = 30

Perc: 68% / 1d100: [86] = 86


”Alkanar” wrote:
Poping an inquisitive eyebrow he continues. "Trask-Gang ehh? Who came up with that little moniker?"
”Trask” wrote:
Trask doesn't return the handshake, he does however close his journal and give Alkanar his attention. "I know what a Diabolist is, and the sir is unnecessary. As for the name, a very strange Kobold came up with it." Trask says, taking a sip from his mug. "So you want to be a mercenary? Very well. I'm sure Silhouette will have many questions for you." Trask says gesturing to Sil as she enters.

Trask looks to Durak and quickly converses about the job offer, but ends with a shrug. "Might be worth it." Trask says before turning back to Alkanar. "So where are you from?" Trask asks.
”Alkanar” wrote: Alkanar turns back to Trask to answer his question. "The Wolven Empire. With the recent treaty, I thought it was a good time to see what magics there are down here. And having grown up among humans, do what I can to foster peace. Though that second part is not so easy, I was a bit too cavalier when I first got here..." Alkanar tails off with his hand going to the hole in his shirt. "Getting shot and robbed was a painful wake-up call."

Silhouette’s eyes widen and seem to twinkle with excitement at the sight of the wolfen but unlike her responses to seeing wolfen in the past she fights back her reaction and gives only a smile as she thinks on the back of Trask’s introduction and cold shoulder to the wolfen,"Why is he having me ask the questions?" Mulling it over she wonders,"Is he expecting something from me?" Quieting her thoughts she focuses and asks the seasoned fighter,”What might be worth what? And why Diabolists?” Silhouette turns and nods to the lanky wolfen as she steps across the room to extend an arm in greeting and says,”You have the advantage of me…” Hoping he understands and provides his name she gives the wolfen a diplomatically firm grasp equal to whatever the wolfen provides should he take her arm.

Silhouette continues in response to finding out the wolfen had a violent encounter, “Aye, the Easterners take out their long knives anytime a non-human is involved in a disa...involved. It will likely get worse as the West continues pressuring the borders and most likely the only reason the treaty was made.” Wrapping her arms around herself in a hug that for anyone who knows Silhouette well would see as her trying to restrain herself. Normally, she would have had her hands buried to the wrists in wolfen fluff by now as she goes from foot to foot with nervous energy as she gives Trask a sidelong look wondering if he was approving or disapproving of her manner while she asks Alkanar gauging the wolfen for combat worthiness,"Anyone can get in a fight, how did you get out of it?" Silhouette looks the wolfen up and down and narrows her eyes as the wolfen’s physical details dawn on her,”Long Knife?” Silhouette Laughs at her remark of easterners and knives and says,”What a coincidence, the faces and diplomats of the wolfen. There is a saying among humans that one has a silver tongue when they are gifted for persuasion. As a Long Knife which do you wild, silver or a sharp edge?” History -- 47% / 1d100: [100] = 100 (Identifying his Tribe and what she remembers of the tribe)

Silhouette’s mind counts off in thought,”First a fighter, then a monster hunter, and now…? Seeking magics, so a wolfen mage?” Silhouette finds her mouth dry and looks around the room asking,”Anything to drink?” Aside her parched throat Silhouette states,'We are welcoming to new fellows, but we need to know you can bring skills that have value." Normally a wolfen would get Sil's stamp of approval just for being fuzzy as she asks feeling wooden as she does so,"Why should we hire you on?"
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 164/164 | I.S.P.: 58/58 | H.P.: 45/45 | S.D.C.:65/65
Conditions:Sixth Sense, Recognize various magics(see O.O.C. special abilities)
Armor: Studded Leather (AR13 / 38/38 SDC (-5% mobility)
Weapon: In-Hand: Bow. On person: Silver dagger & two dwarven daggers in sheath at belt, 2x throwing inside wrist armor/2x throwing in boots & 36 arrows on back.
Image
User avatar
Alkanar
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:41 am

Re: In Llorn ... But for How Long? (Group A)

Post by Alkanar »

[rolls held]
Silhouette wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:04 am Silhouette’s eyes widen and seem to twinkle with excitement at the sight of the wolfen but unlike her responses to seeing wolfen in the past she fights back her reaction and gives only a smile as she thinks on the back of Trask’s introduction and cold shoulder to the wolfen,"Why is he having me ask the questions?" Mulling it over she wonders,"Is he expecting something from me?" Quieting her thoughts she focuses and asks the seasoned fighter,”What might be worth what? And why Diabolists?” Silhouette turns and nods to the lanky wolfen as she steps across the room to extend an arm in greeting and says,”You have the advantage of me…” Hoping he understands and provides his name she gives the wolfen a diplomatically firm grasp equal to whatever the wolfen provides should he take her arm.
"Alkanar, madam." He responds with a toothless smile while returning her handshake with respectful firmness. But his eyes quickly widen when he has to tighten his grip much more than he normally would for a human, or even his fellow Wolfen. She is strong! Even by Wolfen standards.
OOC Comments
Both characters have comprable P.S.
Silhouette wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:04 am Silhouette continues in response to finding out the wolfen had a violent encounter, “Aye, the Easterners take out their long knives anytime a non-human is involved in a disa...involved. It will likely get worse as the West continues pressuring the borders and most likely the only reason the treaty was made.” Wrapping her arms around herself in a hug that for anyone who knows Silhouette well would see as her trying to restrain herself. Normally, she would have had her hands buried to the wrists in wolfen fluff by now as she goes from foot to foot with nervous energy as she gives Trask a sidelong look wondering if he was approving or disapproving of her manner while she asks Alkanar gauging the wolfen for combat worthiness,"Anyone can get in a fight, how did you get out of it?" Silhouette looks the wolfen up and down and narrows her eyes as the wolfen’s physical details dawn on her,”Long Knife?” Silhouette Laughs at her remark of easterners and knives and says,”What a coincidence, the faces and diplomats of the wolfen. There is a saying among humans that one has a silver tongue when they are gifted for persuasion. As a Long Knife which do you wild, silver or a sharp edge?”
At Silhouette's comment on the political situation, Alkanar mutters. "At least the West is good for something." Then responds when she asks about his mugging. "As much as I would like to claim skill or wit, it was luck." Alkanar admits. "Not only was I outnumbered at least six to one, but I got hit with a sleep spell. Thankfully, the city guard showed up right as it was taking effect, they only had time to swipe my coin-purse. If not for that I may well have ended up like the Ogre that had tried to come to my aid." When Silhouette unexpectedly mentions his father's tribe, Alkanar is too supprised to react to her realization of her own unintended joke. She actually knows our culture, this group was a lucky find indeed. Recovering from his surprise he responds. "You're half right, my mother is actually from the January Magic tribe and I grew up in Havea. As for the 'knife' I wield." He thinks for a moment. "I carry both. Silver is preferred, if that were not the case I probably would not be here right now, though I cannot claim to be uniquely gifted with it. And unfortunately, there are times when a sharp edge is necessary."
Silhouette wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:04 am Silhouette’s mind counts off in thought,”First a fighter, then a monster hunter, and now…? Seeking magics, so a wolfen mage?” Silhouette finds her mouth dry and looks around the room asking,”Anything to drink?” Aside her parched throat Silhouette states,'We are welcoming to new fellows, but we need to know you can bring skills that have value." Normally a wolfen would get Sil's stamp of approval just for being fuzzy as she asks feeling wooden as she does so,"Why should we hire you on?"
At Silhouette’s offer of a drink, Alkanar responds. "If you're offering, I won't refuse some tea if they have any. An ale will do if they don't." Now is not the time for a more relaxing drink. Talking about drinks reminds him that he has not eaten since yesterday. "On second thought, I'll just order a meal. I have not eaten since I got robbed yesterday. I was just able to earn some coin before bumping into Master Durak." He will then proceed to order himself some food and drink. "As for my skills, the first one is obviously that I am a Diobalist, thus versed in the protective magic of wards and the meanings of runes. Knowledge is the most important factor in any endeavor, and that is where I excel. As part of my trade, I am learned in the techniques of secret messages, I am fluent in four languages, and can write in the three that have letters." As he continues he begins ticking off on his fingers. "I have additionally studied Magic, History, Astronomy, Law, and Medicine. On top of my Academic studies, having previously served in the Wolfen army, at a low-rank mind you, I am trained in analyzing information, as well as the basics of stealth and combat. So, despite my previous debacle, if it ever comes to a fight I am not helpless, even if I would prefer to avoid direct confrontation."
Last edited by Alkanar on Sun Apr 03, 2022 6:58 pm, edited 6 times in total.
User avatar
Tolliver Trask
Group Leader
Posts: 207
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:54 pm
Contact:

Re: In Llorn ... But for How Long? (Group A)

Post by Tolliver Trask »

((Rolls Carried over))
Alkanar wrote:Alkanar turns back to Trask to answer his question. "The Wolven Empire. With the recent treaty, I thought it was a good time to see what magics there are down here. And having grown up among humans, do what I can to foster peace. Though that second part is not so easy, I was a bit too cavalier when I first got here..." Alkanar tails off with his hand going to the hole in his shirt. "Getting shot and robbed was a painful wake-up call."
Trask nods. "Been a few decades since I was last up that way. Didn't go there on the best of terms and didn't leave on the best of terms either." Trask says pausing to sip his ale. "That's unfortunate, I definitely see why you're interested in work now." Trask says sympathetically.

Seems like a kid to me, we've had worse. Trask thinks.
Silhouette wrote:Quieting her thoughts she focuses and asks the seasoned fighter,”What might be worth what? And why Diabolists?”
Trask shrugs. "Job Durak is looking into." Then Trask points at Alkanar. "He's a Diabolist."
Silhouette wrote:Wrapping her arms around herself in a hug that for anyone who knows Silhouette well would see as her trying to restrain herself. Normally, she would have had her hands buried to the wrists in wolfen fluff by now as she goes from foot to foot with nervous energy as she gives Trask a sidelong look wondering if he was approving or disapproving of her manner while she asks Alkanar gauging the wolfen for combat worthiness.

To Silhouette Trask doesn't seem to care at all, he is neither approving or disapproving. Trask does seem to be interested in his beer though, as he takes another sip while Sil and Alkanar talk.
Silhouette wrote:”Anything to drink?” Aside her parched throat Silhouette states.
Trask motions to the bar. "They have plenty of libations." Trask says as he refills his mug from the pitcher in front of him. The seasoned warrior and adherent to Utu, lord of the dead watches Sil and Alkanar with amusement. Utu be praised for another day in your service.
Suicide King
Tolliver Trask
"Tonight, boys, we're eating like kings. We've all tasted death too much it seems." ~Shawn James
P.P.E.: 10/10
I.S.P.: 38/38
H.P.: 39/39
S.D.C.: 71/71
Constant Effects
Sixth Sense, Impervious to Fire, Resistant to Cold.
Temporary Effects
None.
Weapons in Hand
Dwarven Longsword
Armor Worn
Mjorgullan Mail Uncommon Enchanted Splint (half)
• A.R.: 12
• S.D.C.: 40/40
Tower Shield of the Hex Rare Enchanted Large Wood & Metal Plated Shield
• Indestructible
User avatar
Ya-Blik
Dimension Master
Posts: 197
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:56 am
Location: Palladium Fantasy GM & DM

Re: In Llorn ... But for How Long? (Group A)

Post by Ya-Blik »

Date: 18 September, 345
Time: 1110
Environment: A bright late morning
Location: The Tipsy Tusker



Trask sees Alkanar receives an initial wary glance from the barmaid as he comes over to greet Trask, but no subsequent trouble seems to arise. The Wolfen introduces himself to the Mercenary Soldier Trask as well as Silhouette (OOC: with numerous unsuccessful rolls Alkanar doesnt have much of an impression of Trask, Silhouette's origins., or why she would be the one to ask questions). Silhouette and the much-taller Wolfen shake hands as he explains that he is of the Long Knife Tribe. "Long Knife?” Silhouette Laughs at her own remark of easterners and knives and says, "What a coincidence, the faces and diplomats of the wolfen. There is a saying among humans that one has a silver tongue when they are gifted for persuasion. As a Long Knife which do you wild, silver or a sharp edge?” As Silhouette recalls the Long Knives are a tribe of cannibals who have a long history of demon demon and deevil worship, particularly the Fenry and that showing your Left ear without winking twice is a sign of utter disrespect and contempt (OOC: History roll of [100]). Silhouette then asks, "We are welcoming to new fellows, but we need to know you can bring skills that have value. Why should we hire you on?"

Alkanar responds, "At least the West is good for something. As much as I would like to claim skill or wit, it was luck." Alkanar admits. "Not only was I outnumbered at least six to one, but I got hit with a sleep spell. Thankfully, the city guard showed up right as it was taking effect, they only had time to swipe my coin-purse. If not for that I may well have ended up like the Ogre that had tried to come to my aid. You [are] half right, my mother is actually from the January Magic tribe and I grew up in Havea. As for the 'knife' I wield. I carry both. Silver is preferred, if that were not the case I probably would not be here right now, though I cannot claim to be uniquely gifted with it. And unfortunately, there are times when a sharp edge is necessary."

Drinks are offered, and Alkanar offers up a summary of his skills, "... As for my skills, the first one is obviously that I am a Diobalist, thus versed in the protective magic of wards and the meanings of runes. Knowledge is the most important factor in any endeavor, and that is where I excel. As part of my trade, I am learned in the techniques of secret messages, I am fluent in four languages, and can write in the three that have letters. I have additionally studied Magic, History, Astronomy, Law, and Medicine. On top of my Academic studies, having previously served in the Wolfen army, at a low-rank mind you, I am trained in analyzing information, as well as the basics of stealth and combat. So, despite my previous debacle, if it ever comes to a fight I am not helpless, even if I would prefer to avoid direct confrontation."

OOC: I am going to let this run so please get to know each other unless/until you are ready to try and land the Durak job (or some other).


Butcher's Bill:
Azure: -10 ISP
** Gaozir: -4 SDC, Awake
Durak: On Hiatus
Ramsis: -30 PPE, 1 Charged [Patron] Stone
Silhouette: -150 PPE, -22 ISP
Trask:
Alkanar: -26 SDC


What are you doing?
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 419
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01
Contact:

Re: In Llorn ... But for How Long? (Group A)

Post by Silhouette »

JIC: 1d100: [4] = 4 1d20: [7] = 7
Perc: 68% / 1d100: [4] = 4

Silhouette's face shadows with a puzzled brow as she takes in Trask's lack of outward concern having become so used to the elder treatment of Tyral's critical eye as she thinks,"Maybe you are just doing things right he has nothing to say?" It doesn't cross Silhouette's mind that maybe he just doesn't care about those kind of details as she takes a breath and asks Trask,"After we establish Alkanar's status, could we go into what this job is about?"

”Alkanar” wrote:
Alkanar responds, "At least the West is good for something. As much as I would like to claim skill or wit, it was luck." Alkanar admits. "Not only was I outnumbered at least six to one, but I got hit with a sleep spell. Thankfully, the city guard showed up right as it was taking effect, they only had time to swipe my coin-purse. If not for that I may well have ended up like the Ogre that had tried to come to my aid. You [are] half right, my mother is actually from the January Magic tribe and I grew up in Havea. As for the 'knife' I wield. I carry both. Silver is preferred, if that were not the case I probably would not be here right now, though I cannot claim to be uniquely gifted with it. And unfortunately, there are times when a sharp edge is necessary."
Silhouette finds her left arm tucked up and her hand fiddling with the inside of her armor at her arm pit before she plucks her thumb against hardened material and quickly pulls her hair over from her right side to the left as she asks,”Alkanar you said you were shot? A bow or crossbow? I’d have been curious just at the weapon but a mage too? Once a mage is registered with the tower in Llorn and has paid their fee any legal magic use magic is fair game, but a sleep spell was used to rob you? That is noisy and the only recourse is to kill you outright as a witness.”

Silhouette looks to Trask and is about to ask him if he has seen this kind of open violence in Llorn but changing her focus asks Alkanar,”What district were you in? I’ll bet the Low? And an ogre came to your aid, a wolfen, and they didn’t scatter at you two towering over them before killing said ogre?” Silhouette pantomimes a whistle as she shakes her head,”That doesn’t sound like thugs jumping at a chance take. It sounds almost professional. My father used to say when all things were out of your control, better lucky than skilled, but I think you came out way ahead on such an unlucky encounter.” Continuing along her effort to assemble what happened to the wolfen, Silhouette asks,”How much gold did they take? Did they say anything to you? Were you flashing your heavy purse?”

Silhouette pauses and takes a draft from her beverage, though at her size and constitution she could appears able to drain plenty before she should see the effects as she clearly nurses the single one in hand. Silhouette taps her thumb thoughtfully on the drink considering the wolfen as she waves her other hand to dismiss a thought as she says,”Tell us if you know anything is following you from your travels so we can deal with them if they come, but all that aside…” Silhouette pauses and looks consternated as she confronts the wolfen,”But whatever has happened to you it won’t due for you to be so brazen with insulting everyone. It might even be why you were attacked." Trying to assuage the question of its point she adds,"I know, I've had my fair share of near fights over things I've said and anyone who knows your Long Knife culture would understand your contempt so openly given and there are a lot of current and past folks of the Red Brigade or otherwise in Llorn who probably understand something or another about wolfen to know an insult.”

Silhouette looks around at the assembled party and answers,”We’ve let refugee’s who’ve dropped in from a bad wizard teleportation join us before with far less vetting and I imagine Trask Gang here has seen its share of surprising pedigree so we can at least say you fit the bill well enough. If none have a fair argument otherwise and though it baffles me to imagine how we could get to the point that it would happen where we fight other wolfen, but, um…” Silhouette blanches at the realization as she says what must be said,"Alkanar, you do understand here in the East cannibalistic Fenry demon rituals may not go over so well, even if it is what you Long Knives have done for practically forever.” Having tried to understate the argument Silhouette’s face remains pinched at the notion of a wolfen being eaten for food let alone another wolfen doing it as she realizes in horror, yet the contradiction that she would raise the dead as an army of fodder not even crossing her mind as she thinks,"You aren't carrying around other wolfen parts for that are you?"
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 164/164 | I.S.P.: 58/58 | H.P.: 45/45 | S.D.C.:65/65
Conditions:Sixth Sense, Recognize various magics(see O.O.C. special abilities)
Armor: Studded Leather (AR13 / 38/38 SDC (-5% mobility)
Weapon: In-Hand: Bow. On person: Silver dagger & two dwarven daggers in sheath at belt, 2x throwing inside wrist armor/2x throwing in boots & 36 arrows on back.
Image
User avatar
Alkanar
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:41 am

Re: In Llorn ... But for How Long? (Group A)

Post by Alkanar »

Perception: 1d100: [21] = 21 /39%
Just in Case: 1d20: [20] = 20 ; 1d100: [58] = 58
Silhouette wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 4:25 pm Silhouette finds her left arm tucked up and her hand fiddling with the inside of her armor at her arm pit before she plucks her thumb against hardened material and quickly pulls her hair over from her right side to the left as she asks,”Alkanar you said you were shot? A bow or crossbow? I’d have been curious just at the weapon but a mage too? Once a mage is registered with the tower in Llorn and has paid their fee any legal magic use magic is fair game, but a sleep spell was used to rob you? That is noisy and the only recourse is to kill you outright as a witness.”
"Noisy? I did not hear anything." Alkanar replies with a furrowed brow before raising them in understanding. "Oh, do you mean that it draws attention? That is true and means it was risky indeed. Not only was there the sleep spell but the dagger that killed the Ogre flew back to one of their hands. At the time I assumed an enchantment, but it could also have been magic. Maybe they figured they could get away with it." He ponders with a shrug. "The guards did not seem to care when I told them about it. I was just a, as they put it, 'mangy wolf' in the wrong place at the wrong time." He finishes with a slight huff.
Silhouette wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 4:25 pm Silhouette looks to Trask and is about to ask him if he has seen this kind of open violence in Llorn but changing her focus asks Alkanar,”What district were you in? I’ll bet the Low? And an ogre came to your aid, a wolfen, and they didn’t scatter at you two towering over them before killing said ogre?” Silhouette pantomimes a whistle as she shakes her head,”That doesn’t sound like thugs jumping at a chance take. It sounds almost professional. My father used to say when all things were out of your control, better lucky than skilled, but I think you came out way ahead on such an unlucky encounter.” Continuing along her effort to assemble what happened to the wolfen, Silhouette asks,”How much gold did they take? Did they say anything to you? Were you flashing your heavy purse?”
Furrowing his brow in recollection Alkanar responds. "Actually, I was in the Sea District. And it was not the two of us vs them, the Ogre rushed in and was taken out before I could do anything. As I said before, it was at least six to one, a mix of Humans and Orcs. Size can only make up for so much numerical disadvantage, and orcs have comparable strength. As for the gold, it was only 150 crowns. I spent most of my money on equipment and fair to get here. So I have indeed been quite lucky. In everything but getting into that encounter in the first place." He chuckles slightly. "I honestly had not thought of a professional attack. It seems unlikely. I had only been in town a little more than a day, which does not sound like enough time too plan one. Additionally one of them mentioned the treaty and that Wolfen killed their brother a few years ago, which seems a more likely catalyst."

Intelligence: 1d100: [19] = 19 /49% (determine if there actually would have been time to plan the attack and if there would have been any reason to)
Silhouette wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 4:25 pm Silhouette pauses and takes a draft from her beverage, though at her size and constitution she could appears able to drain plenty before she should see the effects as she clearly nurses the single one in hand. Silhouette taps her thumb thoughtfully on the drink considering the wolfen as she waves her other hand to dismiss a thought as she says,”Tell us if you know anything is following you from your travels so we can deal with them if they come, but all that aside…” Silhouette pauses and looks consternated as she confronts the wolfen,”But whatever has happened to you it won’t due for you to be so brazen with insulting everyone. It might even be why you were attacked." Trying to assuage the question of its point she adds,"I know, I've had my fair share of near fights over things I've said and anyone who knows your Long Knife culture would understand your contempt so openly given and there are a lot of current and past folks of the Red Brigade or otherwise in Llorn who probably understand something or another about wolfen to know an insult.”
Alkanar's attempt to assure the dark-skinned human that he knows of no trouble following him is upset as completely as an upturned table when she confronts him. "What in the world are you talking about? I have done my best to be cordial ever since I got here. I am well aware of Human opinions of Wolfen down here. Why would I put myself at risk by insulting anyone? And what insult are you even talking about?" He asks in dumbfounded confusion. Was she just lucky in guessing my tribe? No, she seams to be mistaken about Long Knives specificly.
Silhouette wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 4:25 pm Silhouette looks around at the assembled party and answers,”We’ve let refugee’s who’ve dropped in from a bad wizard teleportation join us before with far less vetting and I imagine Trask Gang here has seen its share of surprising pedigree so we can at least say you fit the bill well enough. If none have a fair argument otherwise and though it baffles me to imagine how we could get to the point that it would happen where we fight other wolfen, but, um…” Silhouette blanches at the realization as she says what must be said,"Alkanar, you do understand here in the East cannibalistic Fenry demon rituals may not go over so well, even if it is what you Long Knives have done for practically forever.”
As Silhouette continues, Alkanar's expression slowly changes from simple confusion to a war between gobsmacked and revolted. Even the stoicism from six years of military life could not withstand the whiplash of her seeming to know Wolfen culture, then turning around to be so absolutely WRONG about it.

"Cannibalistic. Fenry. Demon. Rituals." He repeats slowly, trying to come to grips with what she was saying. He was glad he was already sitting. "Where did you even hear of such a thing? I knew that rumors existed down here that Wolfen eat human infants, but this is worse." As he continues, some anger starts seeping into his voice. "While it is true that there are some Wolfen that worship the Fenry, no sane Wolfen would ever even consider eating our own. Or any of the thinking races for that matter, infant or otherwise." Realizing his composure has slipped Alkanar takes some time to school his features and calm down. Had all those messages I translated only scratched the surface of their low opinions of us? Is this a new rumor that has surfaced? Or is this just a unique occurrence?
User avatar
Tolliver Trask
Group Leader
Posts: 207
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:54 pm
Contact:

Re: In Llorn ... But for How Long? (Group A)

Post by Tolliver Trask »

Perception: 1d100: [51] = 51 /65%
Just in Case: 1d20: [1] = 1 ; 1d100: [92] = 92
Conditions: Sixth Sense, Resistant to Cold, Invisible armor.

Trask watches the interaction between the young Wolfen and Sil, and shakes his head. This is almost funny, but mostly just sad. Trask thinks as he sips his ale. When Sil mentions the Trask Gang, he shakes his head once more. "To short lived to have anything related to a pedigree, lost more members than we kept... due to attrition versus death." Trask says, to clarify for Sil. "Vetting for combat is pointless really, especially when Diabolists aren't exactly known for being legendary warriors. And if he's lying about being a decent Diabolist, it'll work itself out in time." Trask adds.

Trask quiets down to watch the rest of their interaction, shaking his head at both of them. They're both right and wrong, to a point. Not exactly hard to be though when one picks the worst or best of a society. Trask thinks, idly running a finger down one of them many scars the ring his right eye. Certainly don't blame the Wolfen who gave me this... They were just doing what they do. Trask muses as he takes another sip. Sil should probably stop calling him a Longknife. Magic January is his tribe... not the worst of tribes. Trask thinks.
Suicide King
Tolliver Trask
"Tonight, boys, we're eating like kings. We've all tasted death too much it seems." ~Shawn James
P.P.E.: 10/10
I.S.P.: 38/38
H.P.: 39/39
S.D.C.: 71/71
Constant Effects
Sixth Sense, Impervious to Fire, Resistant to Cold.
Temporary Effects
None.
Weapons in Hand
Dwarven Longsword
Armor Worn
Mjorgullan Mail Uncommon Enchanted Splint (half)
• A.R.: 12
• S.D.C.: 40/40
Tower Shield of the Hex Rare Enchanted Large Wood & Metal Plated Shield
• Indestructible
User avatar
Azure
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 103
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:17 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: In Llorn ... But for How Long? (Group A)

Post by Azure »

Perception: 77% 1d100: [92] = 92
D20 JiC: 1d20: [17] = 17 / D100 JiC: 1d100: [77] = 77

Conditions: Gaozir’s shared senses, Mind-Block Auto Defense.
Butcher Bill:
Azure: -10 ISP,
** Gaozir: -4 SDC
Skill rolls:

Azure slogs along with the feeling of exhaustion still clinging to every step he takes. One leg after another is all he could do back to the The Tipsy Tusker. Groggily he ponders, What happened? We were inside and then we are outside.
The tired ogre falls loosely into a chair with the rest of the company. Upon seeing the wolfen Gao anxiously clings tightly to the ogres shoulder. Shhhh. I doubt it would bother eating you here. Azure listens to the chat taking place closing his eyes to rest. Gao rests across his shoulders trying to relax just as tired and trying to shake the effects of the sleep spell.

The conversation at the table didn’t really interest him until the wolfen describes his encounter of an ogre rushing to his aid. Probably decided that your life being threatened meant it was witness to his own life being lost next.” he comments his eyes still closed. ”Ogres don’t help anyone for nothing. That is the problem with them.” he grumbles. Selfish.

Hearing Trasks voice speak he agrees, ”I cannot see but you have me. Did it matter that Rock was capable?“ he adds speaking of the late barbarian, his first ally in the eastern lands that perished to a demon. ”And there isn’t enough meat on a baby to be worth bothering to eat. It’s like eating mice when hogs abound.” he adds matter of fact.


Gaozir:
Perception: Perception: 28%/ 1d100: [16] = 16
D20 JiC: 1d20: [18] = 18 /D100 JiC: 1d100: [85] = 85
Azure Languages: N:Gobblely, Eastern, Elven, Giantese
I.S.P.: 129/159 | P.P.E.: 1/1 | H.P.: 40/40 (0/5) | S.D.C.: 76/76 (0/70)
Conditions: Sixth Sense, Total Recall, Blind without familiar, Mind's Eye, or Blind Fighting
Armor: Quilted Tunic | A.R.: 8 | S.D.C.: 15/15 | Modifiers:-
Weapon: Long Spear | Dmg: 3d6+19 | Modifiers: +9 strike, +9 parry, +11 throw | Throw Range: 180' S.N. 240'| Dmg: 4d6
Familiar: Gaozir (See Equipment for Combat Data) | S.D.C.: 51/51 | H.P.:- | APR: 2 (+2 Strike/Dodge) Damage: 2D4+2 (talons or beak), Dive Bomb: 4d4+4 (2 actions)
Abilities: Horror Factor: 10, Spd: 33 (66 in bursts, dive at 88), Excellent vision (2 miles), Nightvision 300', Track by scent 66%; by sight 80%, Glide for over 10 miles without flapping wings
Animal and Psionics: See the Invisible, Sense Evil, Sense Magic, Sixth Sense, and Empathy (receives only). Range: 600 foot area.
User avatar
Alkanar
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:41 am

Re: In Llorn ... But for How Long? (Group A)

Post by Alkanar »

[rolls held]
Azure wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 3:02 pm The conversation at the table didn’t really interest him until the wolfen describes his encounter of an ogre rushing to his aid. Probably decided that your life being threatened meant it was witness to his own life being lost next.” he comments his eyes still closed. ”Ogres don’t help anyone for nothing. That is the problem with them.” he grumbles. Selfish.
An Ogre that does not like other Ogres. Can't say I blame him. They do not get along well with others as a rule, even among their own race... Considering the present company, he seems to be an exception. Alkanar hums in thought. "Quite likely, though he seemed to specifically object to me being outnumbered. What was it he said... 'Six against One... Bonk will not have it'."
Tolliver Trask wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 4:36 pmTrask watches the interaction between the young Wolfen and Sil, and shakes his head. This is almost funny, but mostly just sad. Trask thinks as he sips his ale. When Sil mentions the Trask Gang, he shakes his head once more. "To short lived to have anything related to a pedigree, lost more members than we kept... due to attrition versus death." Trask says, to clarify for Sil. "Vetting for combat is pointless really, especially when Diabolists aren't exactly known for being legendary warriors. And if he's lying about being a decent Diabolist, it'll work itself out in time." Trask adds.
Azure wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 3:02 pm Hearing Trasks voice speak he agrees, ”I cannot see but you have me. Did it matter that Rock was capable?“ he adds speaking of the late barbarian, his first ally in the eastern lands that perished to a demon. ”And there isn’t enough meat on a baby to be worth bothering to eat. It’s like eating mice when hogs abound.” he adds matter of fact.
He's blind? He does not seem to move like it. While discussing Azure's meat comparison would normally not other bother him, his altercation with Silhouette has left him devoid of any academic distance from the topic, so he remains silent. Not that much of an exception I guess.

Glad to move the topic off of the idea of Wolfen cannibalism Alkanar raises a finger in objection. "It is true that we are not warriors. But wards take time to create. So in your line of work, a Diabolist that can defend themselves to some degree without wards would be preferred. Would they not?" He asks with an eyebrow raised in inquiry. That is the Wolfen army's logic at least. "And while it may mean little to most down here I can assure you that if I was not at the very least decent at my craft I would not have graduated from Shadowfall's School of the Arcane." Alkanar pauses for a moment. "Shadowfall is our capital, for anyone that does not know."
Last edited by Alkanar on Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Tolliver Trask
Group Leader
Posts: 207
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:54 pm
Contact:

Re: In Llorn ... But for How Long? (Group A)

Post by Tolliver Trask »

((Rolls Carried Over))
Azure wrote:”I cannot see but you have me. Did it matter that Rock was capable?“ he adds speaking of the late barbarian, his first ally in the eastern lands that perished to a demon. ”And there isn’t enough meat on a baby to be worth bothering to eat. It’s like eating mice when hogs abound.” he adds matter of fact.
Trask nods. "Yeah babies aren't very good for eating as far as I can tell." Trask says with a chuckle.
Alkanar wrote:"It is true that we are not warriors. But wards take time to create. So in your line of work, a Diabolist that can defend themselves to some degree without wards would be preferred. Would they not?" He asks with an eyebrow raised in inquiry. That is the Wolfen army's logic at least. "And while it may mean little to most down here I can assure you that if I was not at the very least decent at my craft I would not have graduated from Shadowfall's School of the Arcane." Alkanar pauses for a moment. "Shadowfall is our capital, for anyone that does not know."
Trask again shrugs. "Whether I rather one thing over another wasn't really the question. The question was if I cared or not, which I don't. I'm too old to worry what young folk claim to be able to do or not do. I believe in actions. So here I'll ask you the only two questions I can think that matter. Are you being currently hunted down by anyone? Are you willing to do your share? If you can answer those two to my satisfaction, then I don't care what your skill level is in any profession." Trask says as he reaches for his pitcher and fills his mug once more.
Suicide King
Tolliver Trask
"Tonight, boys, we're eating like kings. We've all tasted death too much it seems." ~Shawn James
P.P.E.: 10/10
I.S.P.: 38/38
H.P.: 39/39
S.D.C.: 71/71
Constant Effects
Sixth Sense, Impervious to Fire, Resistant to Cold.
Temporary Effects
None.
Weapons in Hand
Dwarven Longsword
Armor Worn
Mjorgullan Mail Uncommon Enchanted Splint (half)
• A.R.: 12
• S.D.C.: 40/40
Tower Shield of the Hex Rare Enchanted Large Wood & Metal Plated Shield
• Indestructible
User avatar
Alkanar
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:41 am

Re: In Llorn ... But for How Long? (Group A)

Post by Alkanar »

[rolls held]
Tolliver Trask wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:55 am Trask again shrugs. "Whether I rather one thing over another wasn't really the question. The question was if I cared or not, which I don't. I'm too old to worry what young folk claim to be able to do or not do. I believe in actions. So here I'll ask you the only two questions I can think that matter. Are you being currently hunted down by anyone? Are you willing to do your share? If you can answer those two to my satisfaction, then I don't care what your skill level is in any profession." Trask says as he reaches for his pitcher and fills his mug once more.
"That is fair I guess, actions speak louder than words after all." Alkanar nods in agreement. Even if the actions I am best at primarily involve words. He thinks wryly. "If those questions are all you want to know they are easy enough to answer. As I was about to say before we got... sidetracked... to my knowledge, no one is after me. And I am definitely willing to pull my weight." Honestly I am probably willing to do more. I have been expecting to have to prove myself after all.
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 419
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01
Contact:

Re: In Llorn ... But for How Long? (Group A)

Post by Silhouette »

Jic: 1d20: [6] = 6 1d100: [21] = 21
Perc 68% / 1d100: [64] = 64
”Alkanar” wrote: "Noisy? I did not hear anything." Alkanar replies with a furrowed brow before raising them in understanding. "Oh, do you mean that it draws attention? That is true and means it was risky indeed. Not only was there the sleep spell but the dagger that killed the Ogre flew back to one of their hands. At the time I assumed an enchantment, but it could also have been magic. Maybe they figured they could get away with it." He ponders with a shrug. "The guards did not seem to care when I told them about it. I was just a, as they put it, 'mangy wolf' in the wrong place at the wrong time." He finishes with a slight huff.
Silhouette frowns at the last and argues with a peevish sound as she says,”Well I don’t think they are right at all! You remind me of a wolf lean from winter.” Thoughtfully Silhouette ponders,”One might have a returning knife? Curious.” Silhouette scoffs as she says, “Llorn supposedly has the best mercenaries of anywhere last I heard, yet the guard are less useful than the product of a raised horse’s tail.”
”Alkanar” wrote: Alkanar's attempt to assure the dark-skinned human that he knows of no trouble following him is upset as completely as an upturned table when she confronts him. "What in the world are you talking about? I have done my best to be cordial ever since I got here. I am well aware of Human opinions of Wolfen down here. Why would I put myself at risk by insulting anyone? And what insult are you even talking about?" He asks in dumbfounded confusion. Was she just lucky in guessing my tribe? No, she seams to be mistaken about Long Knives specifically.

As Silhouette continues, Alkanar's expression slowly changes from simple confusion to a war between gobsmacked and revolted. Even the stoicism from six years of military life could not withstand the whiplash of her seeming to know Wolfen culture, then turning around to be so absolutely WRONG about it.

"Cannibalistic. Fenry. Demon. Rituals." He repeats slowly, trying to come to grips with what she was saying. He was glad he was already sitting. "Where did you even hear of such a thing? I knew that rumors existed down here that Wolfen eat human infants, but this is worse." As he continues, some anger starts seeping into his voice. "While it is true that there are some Wolfen that worship the Fenry, no sane Wolfen would ever even consider eating our own. Or any of the thinking races for that matter, infant or otherwise." Realizing his composure has slipped Alkanar takes some time to school his features and calm down. Had all those messages I translated only scratched the surface of their low opinions of us? Is this a new rumor that has surfaced? Or is this just a unique occurrence?
Silhouette’s eyes shift from side to side as if searching for an answer starting to put two and two together as she thinks,”Did someone pull a trick and I read or heard something wrong?” Silhouette rolls her bottom lip inward before she chews thoughtfully across the flesh as concern and confusion creases her forehead and knits her brow. She seems at first almost deaf to the wolfen as Alkanar denies any cannibalism and questions the origin of her soiled knowledge before realizing that Alkanar had given her an out as she says,”I guess I heard a rumor and enough of it stuck. There are plenty of clans to the wolfen and I imagine they differ as much as the Eastern men do from the West, and certainly as much from Yin-Sloth in the South!” Silhouette laughs forcefully as she claps her hands as if that were resolved and adds quickly,”Though I don’t know of any cannibalism in the South either!” And having said so adds nonchalantly as she conspicuously fiddles with the hair over her left ear thinking she is changing the subject back to the former topic as she asks,” You suppose it was revenge then? You..uh…don’t think then that those thugs attacked you because you had your left ear uncovered?”
”Azure” wrote: The conversation at the table didn’t really interest him until the wolfen describes his encounter of an ogre rushing to his aid. Probably decided that your life being threatened meant it was witness to his own life being lost next.” he comments his eyes still closed. ”Ogres don’t help anyone for nothing. That is the problem with them.” he grumbles. Selfish.
Hearing Trasks voice speak he agrees, ”I cannot see but you have me. Did it matter that Rock was capable?“ he adds speaking of the late barbarian…
Silhouette nods at Azure and though weirdly certain he saw it says as if she were herself a beacon of good deed as a rising smile in her voice follows her words”Right, you would know best about ogres. Which is why you’re helping now, right? To make right the the nothing of before.” Silhouette pauses at the mention of Rock and puzzling it out says,”Well I don’t think thousands of pounds of maggot falling on a person can be compared to much Azure.” Tapping her chin with a finger she continues,”Like trying to parry a charging giant boar. Being out of the way accounts for a lot less pain.”
”Alkanar” wrote: Quite likely, though he seemed to specifically object to me being outnumbered. What was it he said... 'Six against One... Bonk will not have it'."
Silhouette’s eyes widen at the mention of the ogre’s name she had just met and of Trask’s party before. It was unfortunate to hear of his passing just after meeting him, however she notes Trask’s emotion over the news or rather that none was evident at all as he merely points out what he desires most to to be the case for the wolfen, no threats behind us and an equal hand at carrying the load.

Silhouette dips her head and chin inward as she stares at the gruff warrior through her brows at the periphery of her vision as she questions Trask,”You did just hear him say your companion was..murdered just then, right?” Shaking her head she recalls thinking,”Like that gnome I knew that got killed by orcs where she recalls reacting a little like Trask is now. Still she hadn’t adventured with him, only rolled in the sheets.”
”Alkanar” wrote: "That is fair I guess, actions speak louder than words after all." Alkanar nods in agreement. Even if the actions I am best at primarily involve words. He thinks wryly. "If those questions are all you want to know they are easy enough to answer. As I was about to say before we got... sidetracked... to my knowledge, no one is after me. And I am definitely willing to pull my weight." Honestly I am probably willing to do more. I have been expecting to have to prove myself after all.
Silhouette nods and agrees with Trask,”That was one of the questions I had pondered. So long as there are no enemies he is aware of I’m fine with you Alkanar and no freeloading is definitely an demand." Smiling Silhouette looks around and shrugging decides,”Alkanar, seems you are hired!” Shaking a finger at the wolfen she admonishes,”But don’t kill us with a ward, those thinks pack a wallop!” Ruefully she recalls the wards back at Tyrals room,”A wallop that can knock an ogre out.”
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 164/164 | I.S.P.: 58/58 | H.P.: 45/45 | S.D.C.:65/65
Conditions:Sixth Sense, Recognize various magics(see O.O.C. special abilities)
Armor: Studded Leather (AR13 / 38/38 SDC (-5% mobility)
Weapon: In-Hand: Bow. On person: Silver dagger & two dwarven daggers in sheath at belt, 2x throwing inside wrist armor/2x throwing in boots & 36 arrows on back.
Image
User avatar
Alkanar
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:41 am

Re: In Llorn ... But for How Long? (Group A)

Post by Alkanar »

[rolls held]
Silhouette wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 6:28 pm Silhouette’s eyes shift from side to side as if searching for an answer starting to put two and two together as she thinks,”Did someone pull a trick and I read or heard something wrong?” Silhouette rolls her bottom lip inward before she chews thoughtfully across the flesh as concern and confusion creases her forehead and knits her brow. She seems at first almost deaf to the wolfen as Alkanar denies any cannibalism and questions the origin of her soiled knowledge before realizing that Alkanar had given her an out as she says,”I guess I heard a rumor and enough of it stuck. There are plenty of clans to the wolfen and I imagine they differ as much as the Eastern men do from the West, and certainly as much from Yin-Sloth in the South!” Silhouette laughs forcefully as she claps her hands as if that were resolved and adds quickly,”Though I don’t know of any cannibalism in the South either!” And having said so adds nonchalantly as she conspicuously fiddles with the hair over her left ear thinking she is changing the subject back to the former topic as she asks,” You suppose it was revenge then? You..uh…don’t think then that those thugs attacked you because you had your left ear uncovered?”
Alkanar regards the unbeknownst Changeling. It seems it was an honest mistake. I can't really hold all the rumors circling around down here against her. "My left ear uncovered? Was that the supposed insult you were referring to?" He chuckles at the absurdity of the notion while shaking his head. "No that is definitely not a thing. I think revenge against my kind is an infinitely more likely motivator. Also, I can assure you while some tribes are more militaristic or religiously fanatical than others, cannibalism is illegal throughout our empire." Even if the Kobolds still eat other races... it is a process. Then Alkanar takes a more serious tone and expression. "I will warn you though, no Wolfen would take kindly to being compared to the Western Empire. We have stuffed too much at their hands." His expression softens as he continues. "Despite what the rumors would have you believe we are not all that different from Humans. If you ignore the west that is. Like I said before, I grew up with quite a few. So if we do end up working together please check any further rumors with me, they are insidious things that have led to great tragedy before." Alkanar's ear droop slightly as he recalls the tragedy of the Algor Range Huntsmen Tribe.
Silhouette wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 6:28 pm Silhouette’s eyes widen at the mention of the ogre’s name she had just met and of Trask’s party before. It was unfortunate to hear of his passing just after meeting him, however she notes Trask’s emotion over the news or rather that none was evident at all as he merely points out what he desires most to to be the case for the wolfen, no threats behind us and an equal hand at carrying the load.

Silhouette dips her head and chin inward as she stares at the gruff warrior through her brows at the periphery of her vision as she questions Trask,”You did just hear him say your companion was..murdered just then, right?” Shaking her head she recalls thinking,”Like that gnome I knew that got killed by orcs where she recalls reacting a little like Trask is now. Still she hadn’t adventured with him, only rolled in the sheets.”
Alkanar's eyes widen and his ears return to attention at Silhouette's revelation. What are the chances? "He was a companion of yours? My condolences. If you wish to track down the culprits I can attempt to draw their likenesses. I had written off any likelihood of being able to do anything about them myself. Someone as conspicuous as me nosing about would just be asking to get attacked again. But if you are so inclined I would rather not let murderers roam free. Especially if there is a chance a rogue mage is involved."
Silhouette wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 6:28 pm Silhouette nods and agrees with Trask,”That was one of the questions I had pondered. So long as there are no enemies he is aware of I’m fine with you Alkanar and no freeloading is definitely an demand." Smiling Silhouette looks around and shrugging decides,”Alkanar, seems you are hired!” Shaking a finger at the wolfen she admonishes,”But don’t kill us with a ward, those thinks pack a wallop!” Ruefully she recalls the wards back at Tyrals room,”A wallop that can knock an ogre out.”
Chuckling Alkanar attempts to reassure her. "I will endeavor to warn all of you about the triggers and effects for my wards, especially the harmful ones."
User avatar
Ya-Blik
Dimension Master
Posts: 197
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:56 am
Location: Palladium Fantasy GM & DM

Re: In Llorn ... But for How Long? (Group A)

Post by Ya-Blik »

Date: 18 September, 345
Time: 1120
Environment: A bright late morning
Location: The Tipsy Tusker



Trask sees the Southern Mage and Wolfen engage in an exchange of cultural dialogue to discuss rumors and preconceptions.

Silhouette offers her opinion on the potential causes of the assault based on her recollection of Wolfen before counseling him not to give in to cannibalistic urges while here in the East. Alkanar recounts the nature of his assault, and what his would-be ally had called out when joining the fray. He then ponders whether it was a planned assault, but eventually decides that without knowing when he had initially been identified as a target or what assets any theoretical planner had available, there simply was no way to determine 'if there was enough time' to plan an assault. The Diabolist chastises Silhouette about assumptions she seems to have regarding his people and tries to set her mind at ease with his own experience. Trask explains the basis for his limited inquiry before Azure chimes in with his evaluation of Ogres at-large and the likely reason that Alkanar received assistance from an unknown, the skill of a former traveler, and the relative value of infants to a menu.

Trask sets forth a pair of questions that Alkanar answers quite directly that to the best of his knowledge, no one is after him, and he is definitely willing to pull his own weight.

Silhouette ponders the conversation and Alkanar's denial in response to what she recalled of the Long Knives before deciding that she could have been in error. She, among others, seizes on the mention of Bonk and inquires whether Trask understands that their missing Wizard may be the one who aided the Wolfen and Alkanar offers to assist with an investigation. Meanwhile Durak stands, "Bonk? Down at the Docks you say? I will go and find him. The Guard will probably let me take him up to the Temple district and have a priest raise him back, if we are lucky ..."

Durak does not wait any longer and is essentially out the door without waiting for response.

OOC: Durak has already provided all info that he knew about the potential job to Trask.


Butcher's Bill:
Azure: -10 ISP
** Gaozir: -4 SDC, Awake
Durak: On Hiatus
Ramsis: -30 PPE, 1 Charged [Patron] Stone
Silhouette: -150 PPE, -22 ISP
Trask:
Alkanar: -26 SDC


What are you doing?
User avatar
Tolliver Trask
Group Leader
Posts: 207
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:54 pm
Contact:

Re: In Llorn ... But for How Long? (Group A)

Post by Tolliver Trask »

Perception: 1d100: [73] = 73 /65%
Just in Case: 1d20: [14] = 14 ; 1d100: [5] = 5
Conditions: Sixth Sense, Resistant to Cold, Invisible armor.
Silhouette wrote:”You did just hear him say your companion was..murdered just then, right?”
Trask shrugs. "It happens. Durak will get it sorted out." Trask says noncommittally. "Now that the hiring nonsense is over, Durak found a possible job delivering some stuff for an Alchemist. Pay seems good, but he wants to meet the whole group before he agrees to the job." Trask says moving on with things. Not much to be done, folk die, not like I haven't seen my share. Utu be kind to his soul, I guess. Trask thinks as he packs his things back into his satchel.

"So if we're done lollygagging, we should go and check it out. Unless you've found some other way to make the trip profitable?" Trask says to the group, before focusing on Silhouette.
Suicide King
Tolliver Trask
"Tonight, boys, we're eating like kings. We've all tasted death too much it seems." ~Shawn James
P.P.E.: 10/10
I.S.P.: 38/38
H.P.: 39/39
S.D.C.: 71/71
Constant Effects
Sixth Sense, Impervious to Fire, Resistant to Cold.
Temporary Effects
None.
Weapons in Hand
Dwarven Longsword
Armor Worn
Mjorgullan Mail Uncommon Enchanted Splint (half)
• A.R.: 12
• S.D.C.: 40/40
Tower Shield of the Hex Rare Enchanted Large Wood & Metal Plated Shield
• Indestructible
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 419
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01
Contact:

Re: In Llorn ... But for How Long? (Group A)

Post by Silhouette »

JIC: 1d100: [84] = 84 1d20: [8] = 8
Perc 68% / 1d100: [10] = 10
”Alkanar” wrote: Alkanar regards the unbeknownst Changeling. It seems it was an honest mistake. I can't really hold all the rumors circling around down here against her. "My left ear uncovered? Was that the supposed insult you were referring to?" He chuckles at the absurdity of the notion while shaking his head. "No that is definitely not a thing. I think revenge against my kind is an infinitely more likely motivator. Also, I can assure you while some tribes are more militaristic or religiously fanatical than others, cannibalism is illegal throughout our empire." Even if the Kobolds still eat other races... it is a process. Then Alkanar takes a more serious tone and expression. "I will warn you though, no Wolfen would take kindly to being compared to the Western Empire. We have stuffed too much at their hands." His expression softens as he continues. "Despite what the rumors would have you believe we are not all that different from Humans. If you ignore the west that is. Like I said before, I grew up with quite a few. So if we do end up working together please check any further rumors with me, they are insidious things that have led to great tragedy before." Alkanar's ear droop slightly as he recalls the tragedy of the Algor Range Huntsmen Tribe.
Silhouette blushes as she bursts into a full faced smile at her misdeeds in recalling that portion of wolfen background though besides ears and cannibalism she back-peddles saying,”I meant that human’s have several of their own…societies. Like men have the East they also have the West in their variety so that wolfen too are not…” Pausing she shrugs saying,”All the same?”

Silhouette chuckles with her hand rubbing the sides of her neck and cheeks as she answers toward checking rumors with the wolfen as she says,”I might have a few more that slip out before I know to check, so I can’t make any promises.”
”Alkanar” wrote: Alkanar's eyes widen and his ears return to attention at Silhouette's revelation. What are the chances? "He was a companion of yours? My condolences. If you wish to track down the culprits I can attempt to draw their likenesses. I had written off any likelihood of being able to do anything about them myself. Someone as conspicuous as me nosing about would just be asking to get attacked again. But if you are so inclined I would rather not let murderers roam free. Especially if there is a chance a rogue mage is involved."
Silhouette watches Durak go to investigate and considers saying something to the dwarf as she leans forward but shakes her head and settles back down and answers Alkanar,”Go ahead and give it a shot at drawing them, might have a chance before we leave Llorn to give your attackers a good-bye party. Also, I can telepathically pick your brain until I see an image of them, which I can then use to track.” Pursing her lips she adds,”But we can’t get sidetracked as this is an after issue once we see about Durak’s job, right?”

”Alkanar” wrote: Chuckling Alkanar attempts to reassure her. "I will endeavor to warn all of you about the triggers and effects for my wards, especially the harmful ones."
Silhouette nods in appreciation as she adds,"Don't assume folks understand, be very explicit that death is on the line." Silhouette satisfied with that turns to Trask.
”Trask” wrote: Trask shrugs. "It happens. Durak will get it sorted out." Trask says noncommittally. "Now that the hiring nonsense is over, Durak found a possible job delivering some stuff for an Alchemist. Pay seems good, but he wants to meet the whole group before he agrees to the job." Trask says moving on with things. Not much to be done, folk die, not like I haven't seen my share. Utu be kind to his soul, I guess. Trask thinks as he packs his things back into his satchel.

"So if we're done lollygagging, we should go and check it out. Unless you've found some other way to make the trip profitable?" Trask says to the group, before focusing on Silhouette.
Silhouette nods at the fact that death does happen, but she stares at the mercenary sidelong for a minute before she comments to say,”He didn’t trip and fall off a bridge, I would have though revenge was in order for…” Silhouette snaps her mouth shut suddenly to move on with a thought,"Perhaps he had issue with the ogre and this was coming for a long while?" Silhouette clears her throat and gets to the task as presented as she says,”Ok, well then the Alchemist. We need everyone?” Silhouette pauses as her mind filters out that the other ogre was no longer of importance to that fact as she winces and says,"Everyone is here."
Durak?
I can’t recall and tried to review the writing; did Durak in-game indicate his departure from the group?
Silhouette stands and pats herself down as she grabs the staff before peering at it to rub away a black spot as she flips it in her hands and says,”If there is nothing else, we should go find out what horrible need an Alchemist could have for us, before someone else puts their blood to the contract first.” Silhouette points the bone weapon at the door and ducks her with a subtle gesture for folks to be on their way asks,"Well?"
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 164/164 | I.S.P.: 58/58 | H.P.: 45/45 | S.D.C.:65/65
Conditions:Sixth Sense, Recognize various magics(see O.O.C. special abilities)
Armor: Studded Leather (AR13 / 38/38 SDC (-5% mobility)
Weapon: In-Hand: Bow. On person: Silver dagger & two dwarven daggers in sheath at belt, 2x throwing inside wrist armor/2x throwing in boots & 36 arrows on back.
Image
User avatar
Alkanar
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:41 am

Re: In Llorn ... But for How Long? (Group A)

Post by Alkanar »

Perception: 1d100: [19] = 19 /39%
Just in Case: 1d20: [8] = 8 ; 1d100: [75] = 75
Silhouette wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 10:04 pm Silhouette blushes as she bursts into a full faced smile at her misdeeds in recalling that portion of wolfen background though besides ears and cannibalism she back-peddles saying,”I meant that human’s have several of their own…societies. Like men have the East they also have the West in their variety so that wolfen too are not…” Pausing she shrugs saying,”All the same?”

Silhouette chuckles with her hand rubbing the sides of her neck and cheeks as she answers toward checking rumors with the wolfen as she says,”I might have a few more that slip out before I know to check, so I can’t make any promises.”
Alkanar smiles gently at Silhouette. "That is part of the danger of rumors. All I ask is that you try." Things have a chance to change as long as people put in the effort. "And in regard to differences, you are correct, there is indeed some wide variances among the Tribes."
Ya-Blik wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:55 am Meanwhile Durak stands, "Bonk? Down at the Docks you say? I will go and find him. The Guard will probably let me take him up to the Temple district and have a priest raise him back, if we are lucky ..."
Silhouette wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 10:04 pm Silhouette watches Durak go to investigate and considers saying something to the dwarf as she leans forward but shakes her head and settles back down and answers Alkanar,”Go ahead and give it a shot at drawing them, might have a chance before we leave Llorn to give your attackers a good-bye party. Also, I can telepathically pick your brain until I see an image of them, which I can then use to track.” Pursing her lips she adds,”But we can’t get sidetracked as this is an after issue once we see about Durak’s job, right?”
Alkanar considers her offer. So she at the very least has Internal Magic. That she is admitting to it and asking for permission is to her credit. "As long as that is all you are doing, I guess it would be fine. Dawing takes some time, and seeing as how Daruk has already left, it is best I hold off until after we have met about this job."
Silhouette wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 10:04 pm Silhouette nods in appreciation as she adds,"Don't assume folks understand, be very explicit that death is on the line." Silhouette satisfied with that turns to Trask.
"Noted." Alkanar nods in agreement.
Tolliver Trask wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 12:52 pm Trask shrugs. "It happens. Durak will get it sorted out." Trask says noncommittally. "Now that the hiring nonsense is over, Durak found a possible job delivering some stuff for an Alchemist. Pay seems good, but he wants to meet the whole group before he agrees to the job." Trask says moving on with things. Not much to be done, folk die, not like I haven't seen my share. Utu be kind to his soul, I guess. Trask thinks as he packs his things back into his satchel.

"So if we're done lollygagging, we should go and check it out. Unless you've found some other way to make the trip profitable?" Trask says to the group, before focusing on Silhouette.
Silhouette wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 10:04 pm Silhouette nods at the fact that death does happen, but she stares at the mercenary sidelong for a minute before she comments to say,”He didn’t trip and fall off a bridge, I would have though revenge was in order for…” Silhouette snaps her mouth shut suddenly to move on with a thought,"Perhaps he had issue with the ogre and this was coming for a long while?" Silhouette clears her throat and gets to the task as presented as she says,”Ok, well then the Alchemist. We need everyone?” Silhouette pauses as her mind filters out that the other ogre was no longer of importance to that fact as she winces and says,"Everyone is here."

Silhouette stands and pats herself down as she grabs the staff before peering at it to rub away a black spot as she flips it in her hands and says,”If there is nothing else, we should go find out what horrible need an Alchemist could have for us, before someone else puts their blood to the contract first.” Silhouette points the bone weapon at the door and ducks her with a subtle gesture for folks to be on their way asks,"Well?"
Alkanar likewise gives Trask a sideways glance for his cold response. Yes, people die. But Silhouette is partly right, it was not just some accident, there should be justice. Even if Daruk is looking into the matter that seems a bit cold, even for a military veteran.

When Silhouette stands Alkanar follows suit and tries to work out some of the kinks from sleeping outside last night that resurfaced while he was sitting. He then notices the unusual staff she is holding. Is that staff made from bone? How and why?

Recognize Magic: 1d100: [44] = 44 /35% (+20% if magic symbols or runes are involved, Recognize Vladimir's Bone Staff)
Lore: Magic: General Knowledge: 1d100: [21] = 21 /55% (Recognize Vladimir's Bone Staff)

Turning to Trask he nods. "Lead the way."
Last edited by Alkanar on Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Tolliver Trask
Group Leader
Posts: 207
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:54 pm
Contact:

Re: In Llorn ... But for How Long? (Group A)

Post by Tolliver Trask »

((Rolls Carried Over))

Trask finishes packing his things. Either he's ignoring the looks or he genuinely doesn't notice them, as he makes no reaction to them. "Yeah the Alchemist is offering one hundred and sixty thousand gold for delivery of 2 packages. Apparently he needs us there for true names to be added to the wards so we can handle them. I'm sure he'll explain it further when we get there." Trask says as he makes his way towards the door and outside.

Trask isn't walking with any sense of hurry, but takes what amounts to the most direct route. Once there, Trask gestures to the building. "We have arrived." He says, before entering (or knocking if that's what is needed.)
Suicide King
Tolliver Trask
"Tonight, boys, we're eating like kings. We've all tasted death too much it seems." ~Shawn James
P.P.E.: 10/10
I.S.P.: 38/38
H.P.: 39/39
S.D.C.: 71/71
Constant Effects
Sixth Sense, Impervious to Fire, Resistant to Cold.
Temporary Effects
None.
Weapons in Hand
Dwarven Longsword
Armor Worn
Mjorgullan Mail Uncommon Enchanted Splint (half)
• A.R.: 12
• S.D.C.: 40/40
Tower Shield of the Hex Rare Enchanted Large Wood & Metal Plated Shield
• Indestructible
User avatar
Azure
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 103
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:17 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: In Llorn ... But for How Long? (Group A)

Post by Azure »

Perception: 77% 1d100: [28] = 28
D20 JiC: 1d20: [16] = 16 / D100 JiC: 1d100: [100] = 100

Conditions: Gaozir’s shared senses, Mind-Block Auto Defense.
Butcher Bill:
Telepathy: Superior 8 ISP
Azure: -10 ISP,
** Gaozir: -4 SDC, Awake

Skill rolls:
Silhouette wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 6:28 pmSilhouette nods at Azure and though weirdly certain he saw it says as if she were herself a beacon of good deed as a rising smile in her voice follows her words ”Right, you would know best about ogres. Which is why you’re helping now, right? To make right the nothing of before.” Silhouette pauses at the mention of Rock and puzzling it out says,”Well I don’t think thousands of pounds of maggot falling on a person can be compared to much Azure.” Tapping her chin with a finger she continues,”Like trying to parry a charging giant boar. Being out of the way accounts for a lot less pain.”
If only I knew Ogre’s minds best. ”I have tried to convince some tribes to work together which is why you found me where you did. It hasn’t gone well. I have found a few willing to join the Red Brigade. Not that it matters to our arrangement. You do know why I am here? You sound like I don’t owe you anymore?" Azure asks confused. ”A thousand pounds on anyone is the point. I, nor Rock, or this wolfen’s skill matters because conflict is chaos.” Azure states rather fatalistically.

At Sil’s mention of picking an image from Alkanar’s mind telepathically, Azure does so. Did this Bonk truly sacrifice himself? [Uses Telepathy Superior to find out the memories of the fight in the ally.]
Telepathy: Superior
OOC Comments
Rifter #25 Pg. 84
Range: 100 ft. +50 ft./lvl for probe, or 200 ft. +100 ft./lvl for two-way communication.
Duration: 2 min/lvl, I.S.P.: 8
Saving Throw: Standard.
Just like the lesser Sensitive power of Telepathy, Telepathy: Superior grants the ability to hear surface thoughts, or send and receive telepathic messages. However, this superior form of the power gives the character the ability to read deeper or even subconscious thoughts. If the victim fails the saving throw, the psychic will be able to read thoughts on any subject he wants. This
can include passwords, names of contacts, the victim's true name, and even skills. Sometimes (40% +3% per level of experience chance) the character will be even able to see or hear parts of memories associated with the thoughts he is reading from the victim. A saving throw should be rolled for each skill/memory/thought that the character tries to read. The character can make one attempt to pull information from the victim for each attack per melee.

Gaozir:
Perception: Perception: 28%/ 1d100: [65] = 65
D20 JiC: 1d20: [20] = 20 /D100 JiC: 1d100: [92] = 92
Azure Languages: N:Gobblely, Eastern, Elven, Giantese
I.S.P.: 129/159 | P.P.E.: 1/1 | H.P.: 40/40 (0/5) | S.D.C.: 76/76 (0/70)
Conditions: Sixth Sense, Total Recall, Blind without familiar, Mind's Eye, or Blind Fighting
Armor: Quilted Tunic | A.R.: 8 | S.D.C.: 15/15 | Modifiers:-
Weapon: Long Spear | Dmg: 3d6+19 | Modifiers: +9 strike, +9 parry, +11 throw | Throw Range: 180' S.N. 240'| Dmg: 4d6
Familiar: Gaozir (See Equipment for Combat Data) | S.D.C.: 51/51 | H.P.:- | APR: 2 (+2 Strike/Dodge) Damage: 2D4+2 (talons or beak), Dive Bomb: 4d4+4 (2 actions)
Abilities: Horror Factor: 10, Spd: 33 (66 in bursts, dive at 88), Excellent vision (2 miles), Nightvision 300', Track by scent 66%; by sight 80%, Glide for over 10 miles without flapping wings
Animal and Psionics: See the Invisible, Sense Evil, Sense Magic, Sixth Sense, and Empathy (receives only). Range: 600 foot area.
User avatar
Ya-Blik
Dimension Master
Posts: 197
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:56 am
Location: Palladium Fantasy GM & DM

Re: In Llorn ... But for How Long? (Group A)

Post by Ya-Blik »

Date: 18 September, 345
Time: 1220
Environment: Clear Skies
Location: Llorn Market, Myfflin's Mystic Marvels




Trask rises and leads the way out to the Bazaar in search of Durak's job. Azure attempts to delve into Wolfen's memories for his recollection of the the prior evening's attack in the Alley, however he finds nothing of the sort. Alkanar's mind curiously reminds you of the defensive layers of a Mind Block.
Telepathy Results
"Sometimes (40% +3% per level of experience chance) the character will be even able to see or hear parts of memories associated with the thoughts he is reading from the victim." However the only roll provided was a JIC D100, and it was a crit-fail.
Meanwhile Alkanar unsuccessfully attempts to determine why the large white staff carried by Silhouette could be made of bone, however he at the end of the day he concludes that sometimes people make things out of bone when they find a big enough piece. That one may be enchanted, but you do not know the method or extent.

Based on Durak's prior directions the group eventually track down an off-the-beaten-path Alchemist's shop set back from the street through its own courtyard. At first it looks like the central decoration of the courtyard is a statue of a stone lion lounging in the morning sun, but careful observers (Perception rolls over 14) catches sight of the stone lion blinking and shifting its head to follow their entrance before looking back towards the street. Entering you find the shop to be comprised of several aisles of tables and counters with various wares set out for display including swords, axes, and even a floating carpet.

Approaching a grey-haired elven proprietor Trask indicates that Durak had sent them your group is looked up and down with some lingering time spent on the wolfen (Alkanar), "Very good then, you would be here about the job for the 2 packages to be transported to the Kingdom of Penningshire. I am Myfflin Natrap. I need to send a pair of packages across the Eastern Territory. The destination is a smaller kingdom so a direct caravan with sufficient security is unlikely. The packages are valuable, dangerous, and fragile ... well compared to say a cord of wood. More along the lines of a crate-of-wine. The contents of each are valuable and took about 6 months to create so I could not just hand them off that Durak fellow. The intended pay will be 160,000 gold for delivery of 2 packages. Each package will be sealed and warded. In order to transport the packages safely, I will inscribe the true names of each person in your ... company ... whom you would like to be able to safely touch them. Each package is about 3ft long and ~40 lbs. The deadline is this due to both the limited duration of enchantments to allow for safe containment and transport of the contents and also by the client."

The Elf gives a short staccato whistle and 3 large Orcs emerge through a side door bearing a pair of wooden crates which they set on a table. "These are the crates, though not the cargo yet." The Alchemist looks at you expectantly.


Butcher's Bill:
Azure: -18 ISP
** Gaozir: -4 SDC, Awake
Ramsis: -30 PPE, 1 Charged [Patron] Stone
Silhouette: -150 PPE, -22 ISP
Trask:
Alkanar: -26 SDC


What are you doing?
User avatar
Alkanar
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:41 am

Re: In Llorn ... But for How Long? (Group A)

Post by Alkanar »

Perception: 1d100: [30] = 30 /39%
Just in Case: 1d20: [19] = 19 ; 1d100: [13] = 13
Ya-Blik wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:36 pm Based on Durak's prior directions the group eventually track down an off-the-beaten-path Alchemist's shop set back from the street through its own courtyard. At first it looks like the central decoration of the courtyard is a statue of a stone lion lounging in the morning sun, but careful observers (Perception rolls over 14) catches sight of the stone lion blinking and shifting its head to follow their entrance before looking back towards the street. Entering you find the shop to be comprised of several aisles of tables and counters with various wares set out for display including swords, axes, and even a floating carpet.

Approaching a grey-haired elven proprietor Trask indicates that Durak had sent them your group is looked up and down with some lingering time spent on the wolfen (Alkanar), "Very good then, you would be here about the job for the 2 packages to be transported to the Kingdom of Penningshire. I am Myfflin Natrap. I need to send a pair of packages across the Eastern Territory. The destination is a smaller kingdom so a direct caravan with sufficient security is unlikely. The packages are valuable, dangerous, and fragile ... well compared to say a cord of wood. More along the lines of a crate-of-wine. The contents of each are valuable and took about 6 months to create so I could not just hand them off that Durak fellow. The intended pay will be 160,000 gold for delivery of 2 packages. Each package will be sealed and warded. In order to transport the packages safely, I will inscribe the true names of each person in your ... company ... whom you would like to be able to safely touch them. Each package is about 3ft long and ~40 lbs. The deadline is this due to both the limited duration of enchantments to allow for safe containment and transport of the contents and also by the client."

The Elf gives a short staccato whistle and 3 large Orcs emerge through a side door bearing a pair of wooden crates which they set on a table. "These are the crates, though not the cargo yet." The Alchemist looks at you expectantly.
Upon entering the Alchemist's shop Alkanar glances around at the items on display to see what interesting magics are involved.

Recognize Magic: 1d100: [57] = 57 /35% (Observe magical items, +20% if magic symbols or runes are involved)
Literacy: Runes: 1d100: [61] = 61 /91% (if there are runes on any of the items)
Lore: Magic: General Knowledge: 1d100: [7] = 7 /55% (Observe magical items)
Lore: Magic: Recognize Enchantment 1d100: [37] = 37 /40% (Observe magical items)

At the mention of the destination, Alkanar tries to recall where it is from the maps he studied before heading to Llorn. Penningshir, where is that again? More east or south? I need to get some maps of my own...

Astronomy & Navigation: 1d100: [71] = 71 /55% (Recall where Penningshir is from maps he has seen)

Since Trask and Silhouette seem to be the ones in charge, and he is new to the group, Alkanar will wait until they have asked any questions they have before asking his own. So who in Penningshir are we delivering them to? If the packages are dangerous, what are we delivering? Or at least should we be wary of anything if the containment gets breached? Better to praise that with the presumption that it won't happen. Also, if they are warded someone is probably going to have to remove them, a potentially risky endeavor for anyone but the creator, even for other Diabolists. As such, it might be better if I warded them, then I could disarm them on arrival. Unless he knows of a way to make wards disarm themselves after a time? He muses to himself, the last thought piquing his interest.
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 419
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01
Contact:

Re: In Llorn ... But for How Long? (Group A)

Post by Silhouette »

JIC: 1d20: [5] = 5 1d100: [64] = 64
Perc: 68% / 1d100: [92] = 92

As they travel to the Alchemist shop Silhouette laughs at the ogre’s words that chaos is conflict as she seemingly forgets that they were topically discussing the concept of being smooshed by a bolder of flesh,”The hell it is chaos for even the single fighter amid armies clashing, they do not see chaos, they see the shortening path between life and their death; escaping the battle lengthens that line.” Silhouette becomes thoughtful for a moment and says in elven,”Na cuil.” Nodding to herself she continues,”A duel to the death is really a duel toward life.” Silhouette looks to the ogre and asks,”Every being there is fighting... Na cuil. Anything so simple cannot be chaos.“

Silhouette listens to the Alchemist Myfflin Natrap explain the job fighting to snap her eyes back periodically to the man between the wondering of her gaze that takes in all the magical items and arcane materials for the creation of the same. Silhouette waits for the man to finish as the Orc’s come out with the empty crates before looking to her companions curious what their faces betrayed of their thoughts on this as she steps forward. Silhouette glances at the Alchemist and with a gesture of her hand asks,”May I?”

Recognize Magic: 39% / 1d100: [1] = 1
Lore: Magic -- 77% / 1d100: [65] = 65 (As pertains to the items they will be transporting)
*Recognize Magic Circles, Runes, Etc -- 67% / 1d100: [76] = 76 (Where applicable to the job)
Recognize Enchantment -- 62% / 1d100: [49] = 49 / (Where applicable to the job)

Reaching out Silhouette takes the crate into her hands and jerks the material to the sides, squeezes with her strength inward, and twists the crate to test it for fragility before knocking the bottom across her knee to test that it doesn’t split into fragments and can endure a hard hit that might be unexpected in a long journey. If it holds up she will nod and ask,”And the bottles, I would like to test a couple water filled ones in this crate and with the same packing intended.” Silhouette looks to the Orc’s hoping that they understood and would acquire what is needed. If provided with the request she will throw the crate with the vials down, sealed if it has a top, onto the ground forcefully to see if any glass or even the crate breaks all the while asking questions between,”You say the vials are dangerous? What kind of dangerous?” Silhouette guesses and asks,”Poisonous?” Continuing with her line of questions she asks,”And have you sent any of these out before, any special advice to best succeed transporting these? Is there anyone beside the recipient who knows you are sending these and to where?” For a moment being contrary Silhouette states,”We have our own diabolist, there is no need for you to have our true names, unless you can ward the crates and contents to be less prone to breaking...” Which causes her to wince after having manhandled the crates if the Alchemist confirms that they would be tougher for transport with enchantments.

Silhouette asks, “Enchantments to allow for safe containment?” As she taps the temple of her head with a finger as if settling the dregs of a poorly separated wine as she asks,”Like one of those spells that slows the spoiling of the contents?” Silhouette shrugs as she tries to remember the name of the magic and fails before she thinks,"Why do I even have to ask all this man? You should be telling us the obvious if you want this to go well and leave our minds free to ask the nonobvious details." Silhouette grimaces as she picks up the thrown down crate to inspects it turning it over and around and asks,”The size and weight make it impractical to carry, but I would insist that these be packed and strapped in a manner that can be put to someone's back vertically longwise without threatening any more damage than if on a wagon in case we have to foot carry them. Hell, if upside down too.”

GM question: 3ft only account for a single dimension of what; length, height, width? And the other two dimensions are what parameters?
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 164/164 | I.S.P.: 58/58 | H.P.: 45/45 | S.D.C.:65/65
Conditions:Sixth Sense, Recognize various magics(see O.O.C. special abilities)
Armor: Studded Leather (AR13 / 38/38 SDC (-5% mobility)
Weapon: In-Hand: Bow. On person: Silver dagger & two dwarven daggers in sheath at belt, 2x throwing inside wrist armor/2x throwing in boots & 36 arrows on back.
Image
User avatar
Ya-Blik
Dimension Master
Posts: 197
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:56 am
Location: Palladium Fantasy GM & DM

Re: In Llorn ... But for How Long? (Group A)

Post by Ya-Blik »

Date: 18 September, 345
Time: 1225
Environment: Clear Skies
Location: Llorn Market, Myfflin's Mystic Marvels



Alkanar and Silhouette see than many items in the shop are magic, some flow, some sparkle, some that should not seem to be on fire. Alkanar has no idea where Penningshire is.

OOC: Alkanar, I am not listing every magic item in a magic shop.

The Alchemist looks at Silhouette quite blankly, "I did not say that you would be transporting wine, or any bottles of liquid. I indicated that the relative durability of the contents of the crates will be akin to that. The contents are not for you to know. It is none of your business whether I have sent items previously. The advice I would offer is, do not let anyone else touch the packages, do not drop the packages, do not open the packages. While it is kind of you to offer that you have a Diabolist so I should not bother with securing my valuable cargo; since I am the one paying for the task and the task is transporting the cargo in the condition I provide, I will respectfully decline child. I have been in business for over 300 years, I have reasons for the safety measures that I take. Once closed, the contents of each crate will not be subject to movement if tipped, turned over, or held upside down, there should be no damage to the contents long as that is done by someone who is authorized. I am offering to make these packages safe for as many or as few of you as wish to handle. If you want to provide your names individually, I am glad to take them in another room. If you do not want to provide your names, the door is in the same location as when you entered."

The Crates remain on the table (3ft x 1ft x 1ft).

Alkanar is quite aware that if he personally warded the boxes, he could also at any point de-energize those Wards and walk off with whatever valuable contents were located therein.

OOC: If you failed to post, you stood there quietly up until now.


Butcher's Bill:
Azure: -18 ISP
** Gaozir: -4 SDC, Awake
Ramsis: -30 PPE, 1 Charged [Patron] Stone
Silhouette: -150 PPE, -22 ISP
Trask:
Alkanar: -26 SDC


What are you doing?
User avatar
Alkanar
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:41 am

Re: In Llorn ... But for How Long? (Group A)

Post by Alkanar »

Perception: 1d100: [65] = 65 /39%
Just in Case: 1d20: [1] = 1 ; 1d100: [97] = 97
Ya-Blik wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 11:52 am The Alchemist looks at Silhouette quite blankly, "I did not say that you would be transporting wine, or any bottles of liquid. I indicated that the relative durability of the contents of the crates will be akin to that. The contents are not for you to know. It is none of your business whether I have sent items previously. The advice I would offer is, do not let anyone else touch the packages, do not drop the packages, do not open the packages. While it is kind of you to offer that you have a Diabolist so I should not bother with securing my valuable cargo; since I am the one paying for the task and the task is transporting the cargo in the condition I provide, I will respectfully decline child. I have been in business for over 300 years, I have reasons for the safety measures that I take. Once closed, the contents of each crate will not be subject to movement if tipped, turned over, or held upside down, there should be no damage to the contents long as that is done by someone who is authorized. I am offering to make these packages safe for as many or as few of you as wish to handle. If you want to provide your names individually, I am glad to take them in another room. If you do not want to provide your names, the door is in the same location as when you entered."

The Crates remain on the table (3ft x 1ft x 1ft).

Alkanar is quite aware that if he personally warded the boxes, he could also at any point de-energize those Wards and walk off with whatever valuable contents were located therein.
Alkanar watches Silhouette's actions with slight horror that is well masked. She is prone to acting without much forethought isn't she? He thinks, recalling her earlier conversations. Believing that some of her words are valid, if lacking tact, and unsure if Trask would come to her defense considering the relatively cold attitude he has shown so far. He decides to speak up. "I am sure my companion means no disrespect Master Natrap. The knowledge of whether you have had this shipment done before and who else knows of it helps set the precedent for how likely complications are. Thus allowing for adequate preparation and an increased chance of success, something we all desire. Additionally, if the contents are dangerous is it not prudent for the transporters to at least be aware of what to be wary of in case of unforeseen circumstances?" There should be laws about at least providing basic safety information when transporting dangerous goods.

"I am also certain that the mention of my occupation was meant as a courtesy, not a question of your business practices." Alkanar spares Silhouette a glance that he hopes she reads as 'please don't contradict me.' "As you and I both know, once the crates have been delivered someone will have to disarm the wards. Which is potentially risky for anyone but the creator. Thus requiring either you or the recipient to pay for the disarmament. There can't be many groups such as ours that count a Diabolist in their company. Allowing for containers to be warded and then disarmed without further payment to another party. Unless you know of a way to make wards disarm themselves after a time?" He asks with clearly piqued interest. "As you said, it is your cargo, so the decision is yours. I am willing to give you my True Name regardless of your choice, either for transport or as insurance. I just wish to ensure that no offense is taken where none is intended."

Invoke Trust: 1d100: [10] = 10 /15% (Convince the Alchemist that no offense was intended)
Law: 1d100: [92] = 92 /55% (recall if there are any relevant laws about not informing the transporters of dangerous goods)

If the Alchemist does provide more information Alkanar's curiosity will lead him to try and guess what the product is:
Lore: Magic: General Knowledge: 1d100: [63] = 63 /55% (Speculate as to what they will be transporting)

With the situation hopefully defused Alkanar adds one final comment. "I think we have forgotten an important detail. Who in Penningshir is the delivery for?" Upon receiving an answer he will note the recipient in his notebook so as to not forget.
User avatar
Ya-Blik
Dimension Master
Posts: 197
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:56 am
Location: Palladium Fantasy GM & DM

Re: In Llorn ... But for How Long? (Group A)

Post by Ya-Blik »

Date: 18 September, 345
Time: 1227
Environment: Clear Skies
Location: Llorn Market, Myfflin's Mystic Marvels



Silhouette's face takes on a perplexed look as she contemplates Myfflin's response. The ever-eager Alkanar steps into the awkward silence, "I am sure my companion means no disrespect Master Natrap. The knowledge of whether you have had this shipment done before and who else knows of it helps set the precedent for how likely complications are. Thus allowing for adequate preparation and an increased chance of success, something we all desire. Additionally, if the contents are dangerous is it not prudent for the transporters to at least be aware of what to be wary of in case of unforeseen circumstances?"

Alkanar has no knowledge of any Laws regarding transport of goods whether in Llorn or across the borders of any of the dozens of kingdoms throughout the Eastern Territory, in fact, he is not sure any such laws are in effect across the Wolfen Empire either. Meanwhile though a response is forthcoming who does not seem angry but does not seem to have changed his mind, "You are being offered over 100,000 gold to safely transport 80lbs of goods over land. People who transport for Alchemists know this stuff is seldom safe, and I assure you that if these are broken open you will not be safe. You are not transporting puppies, or flowers, or ribbons, or my favorite cookies. The contents should not be coming out of the damn boxes, so what they could do if they did is not your issued unless you are not up to the actual frakking task."

The Wolfen tries another angle of persuasion, "I am also certain that the mention of my occupation was meant as a courtesy, not a question of your business practices. As you and I both know, once the crates have been delivered someone will have to disarm the wards. Which is potentially risky for anyone but the creator. Thus requiring either you or the recipient to pay for the disarmament. There can't be many groups such as ours that count a Diabolist in their company. Allowing for containers to be warded and then disarmed without further payment to another party. Unless you know of a way to make wards disarm themselves after a time?"

Natrap offers you a bemused look and responds, "You are assuming that either I cannot include the Recipient's name, or that the Recipient is not entirely willing to just have the package opened upon delivery. Putting the wards on is being done to make it risky for anyone else, that is the point. If your names are already included, opening the outermost box is safe. Going beyond is not, and if you think I cannot plan far enough ahead for if some sell-sword gives me his name and then tries to open the package because can safely get past the outer layer, we have very different imaginations. You are, I kid you not, the third group who has come to me about this job. The approach where you act as if I need you to be the ones who transport these, it operates from a misplaced assumption ... If I do not end up giving you the task, giving you information about what is going, or to whom, means that I have just educated potential bandits that could target the actual transporters, no?"

The Crates remain on the table (3ft x 1ft x 1ft).

OOC: If you failed to post, you stood there quietly.


Butcher's Bill:
Azure: -18 ISP
** Gaozir: -4 SDC, Awake
Ramsis: -30 PPE, 1 Charged [Patron] Stone
Silhouette: -150 PPE, -22 ISP
Trask:
Alkanar: -26 SDC


What are you doing?
User avatar
Alkanar
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:41 am

Re: In Llorn ... But for How Long? (Group A)

Post by Alkanar »

Perception: 1d100: [32] = 32 /39%
Just in Case: 1d20: [15] = 15 ; 1d100: [91] = 91
Ya-Blik wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 3:26 pm Meanwhile though a response is forthcoming who does not seem angry but does not seem to have changed his mind, "You are being offered over 100,000 gold to safely transport 80lbs of goods over land. People who transport for Alchemists know this stuff is seldom safe, and I assure you that if these are broken open you will not be safe. You are not transporting puppies, or flowers, or ribbons, or my favorite cookies. The contents should not be coming out of the damn boxes, so what they could do if they did is not your issued unless you are not up to the actual frakking task."
Alkanar contemplates Natrap's words. No one can truly say they are up to a task until it is over, the future is unpredictable. But I would think the lack of payment and ire of an Alkamist are high enough costs for failure without adding in the effects of an Alchemical concoction. But he is clearly not budging.
Ya-Blik wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 3:26 pm Natrap offers you a bemused look and responds, "You are assuming that either I cannot include the Recipient's name, or that the Recipient is not entirely willing to just have the package opened upon delivery. Putting the wards on is being done to make it risky for anyone else, that is the point. If your names are already included, opening the outermost box is safe. Going beyond is not, and if you think I cannot plan far enough ahead for if some sell-sword gives me his name and then tries to open the package because can safely get past the outer layer, we have very different imaginations. You are, I kid you not, the third group who has come to me about this job. The approach where you act as if I need you to be the ones who transport these, it operates from a misplaced assumption ... If I do not end up giving you the task, giving you information about what is going, or to whom, means that I have just educated potential bandits that could target the actual transporters, no?"
Chuckling a little sheepishly Alkanar responds. "My apologies. Of course the specific destination should be withheld until the deal is finalized. I never meant to imply that we were the only ones capable." What magics could be protecting the items inside? Warded items inside a container will still trigger if the outer container is moved by anyone not authorized... In any case, leaving wards around that have served their purpose is often unwise. If he insists on using his own wards it does leave me the opportunity of being paid to remove them on arrival. But that is for a later time.

Looking over at the rest of his new companions, but primarily at Trask, he asks. "So what do all of you think? I can carry 80 pounds by myself with little trouble. But enough people to carry two or three times as much would probably be best for rotating and unforeseen circumstances, no?"
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 419
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01
Contact:

Re: In Llorn ... But for How Long? (Group A)

Post by Silhouette »

JIC: 1d100: [29] = 29 1d20: [1] = 1
Perc: 68% / 1d100: [4] = 4
”Natrap” wrote: Putting the wards on is being done to make it risky for anyone else, that is the point. If your names are already included, opening the outermost box is safe. Going beyond is not, and if you think I cannot plan far enough ahead for if some sell-sword gives me his name and then tries to open the package because can safely get past the outer layer, we have very different imaginations.
”Ya-Blik” wrote:is quite aware that if he personally warded the boxes, he could also at any point de-energize those Wards and walk off with whatever valuable contents were located therein.
”Alkanar” wrote:,”So what do all of you think? I can carry 80 pounds by myself with little trouble. But enough people to carry two or three times as much would probably be best for rotating and unforeseen circumstances, no?"
Silhouette nods and nods to the point that she begins to sways on the spot with the oscillating back and forth with the gesture of understanding that her head makes as she thinks,”And therein your own words lies the rub Master Natrap. Any further protection by your warding from our given true names does not protect the items with any greater security than if Alkanar does so.“

Silhouette turns to her companions and particularly Alkanar as she says,”What Master Natrap asks for is at least one of our true names. If you do not understand the harm that can befall you when others know your true name it is that any magic or summoning spell can harm and control you with near certainty, for so long as others who may use such means know your true name. True names are unfortunately required when a diabolist makes protective runes as is the desire of Master Natrap so that they do not harm you in the handling of the package.”

Silhouette crosses her arms and turns as she says to the Alchemist,”However that explained to my allies Master Natrap, If you or Alkanar warded the items or if he is the sole carrier as he offers this does not prevent any one of us from absconding with the container with any more difficulty than if Alkanar wards it alone. Because, since we have no reason to open the outermost box though we could do so with our true names on the initial wards, the matter of security changes not at all if we have our true named wards or not at all as any individual so permitted by true name could still abscond with the contents.”

Silhouette shakes her head in the negative now as she states,”The only net gain for you in this matter is a different kind of security. With at least one true name that you now know from whomever it is to transport the package you would be afforded the capability for the potential to find or send magical punishment toward them for failure or theft.” Silhouette thinks as she considers because saying so out loud would certainly anger the Alchemist, “And not to disparage or assert that you would carry such out in this deal, but their name could be sold to others after being divulged to you Master Natrap.” Continuing Silhouette says to Alkanar,”If this is all understood by you, I am fine with you being the carrier if you think you can do so capably and wish to begin an ongoing and trusted relationship with Master Natrap.” Thoughtfully she leaves off the unsaid,”If not a naively one sided relationship for such trifles as gold.”
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 164/164 | I.S.P.: 58/58 | H.P.: 45/45 | S.D.C.:65/65
Conditions:Sixth Sense, Recognize various magics(see O.O.C. special abilities)
Armor: Studded Leather (AR13 / 38/38 SDC (-5% mobility)
Weapon: In-Hand: Bow. On person: Silver dagger & two dwarven daggers in sheath at belt, 2x throwing inside wrist armor/2x throwing in boots & 36 arrows on back.
Image
User avatar
Alkanar
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:41 am

Re: In Llorn ... But for How Long? (Group A)

Post by Alkanar »

((rolls held))
Silhouette wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 4:49 pm Silhouette turns to her companions and particularly Alkanar as she says,”What Master Natrap asks for is at least one of our true names. If you do not understand the harm that can befall you when others know your true name it is that any magic or summoning spell can harm and control you with near certainty, for so long as others who may use such means know your true name. True names are unfortunately required when a diabolist makes protective runes as is the desire of Master Natrap so that they do not harm you in the handling of the package.”

Silhouette crosses her arms and turns as she says to the Alchemist,”However that explained to my allies Master Natrap, If you or Alkanar warded the items or if he is the sole carrier as he offers this does not prevent any one of us from absconding with the container with any more difficulty than if Alkanar wards it alone. Because, since we have no reason to open the outermost box though we could do so with our true names on the initial wards, the matter of security changes not at all if we have our true named wards or not at all as any individual so permitted by true name could still abscond with the contents.”

Silhouette shakes her head in the negative now as she states,”The only net gain for you in this matter is a different kind of security. With at least one true name that you now know from whomever it is to transport the package you would be afforded the capability for the potential to find or send magical punishment toward them for failure or theft.” Silhouette thinks as she considers because saying so out loud would certainly anger the Alchemist, “And not to disparage or assert that you would carry such out in this deal, but their name could be sold to others after being divulged to you Master Natrap.” Continuing Silhouette says to Alkanar,”If this is all understood by you, I am fine with you being the carrier if you think you can do so capably and wish to begin an ongoing and trusted relationship with Master Natrap.” Thoughtfully she leaves off the unsaid,”If not a naively one sided relationship for such trifles as gold.”
Raising his hands defensively Alkanar addresses Silhouette. "Now hold on. I was not offering to be the sole carrier. Leaving the transport to only one person is unwise. If that were the case and I was sufficiently incapacitated we would be stuck, thus I suggested enough people to rotate." Crossing his arms he continues. "And let's get our facts straight. Yes, someone's true name on a ward makes them as invisible to the ward as its creator. But, aside from summoning and scrying, magic from someone that knows your true name is more likely to work, it is still not a 'near certainty' in most cases. In either case, No Diabolist or Alchemist would be in business for very long if they were careless with such information. Especially for over 300 years as Master Natrap has."
User avatar
Ramsis
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 69
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:33 am

Re: In Llorn ... But for How Long? (Group A)

Post by Ramsis »

Perception [27%]: [roll]1d100[/roll]: [42] = 42 [/roll]
D20 JiC: [roll]1d20[/roll]: [4] = 4 [/roll]
D100 JiC: [roll]1d100[/roll]: [95] = 95 [/roll]

PPE: 91/91 at end of post
SDC: 23/23
HP: 36/36

Conditions:



Post:
Ramsis just stands off to the side and listens. After watching this crap go back and forth for a bit, he steps forward. ” As a priest i understand the importance of a real name. I also believe that as a priest i am not comfortable giving you my true name. Will the name my goddess gave me suffice? If not, we will need somewhere private as i am not telling all my name.”

He moves to a nearby table and pulls out his wooden case. Opening it, the others see it is a writing case. Ramsis pulls out some sheets of paper and his quill and vials. He then sits and starts to write. After a moment, he sprinkles some sand to dry the ink then folds the paper. He moves over to Natrap and hands him the sheet. On it is a name. Ignatius Cobblepott. Ramsis locks eyes with Natrap, ”If anyone but you uses this, i will know and i will use the might of my mistress to hunt you down. With respect, master Natrap.” Ram then goes to examine the crate.
User avatar
Ya-Blik
Dimension Master
Posts: 197
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:56 am
Location: Palladium Fantasy GM & DM

Re: In Llorn ... But for How Long? (Group A)

Post by Ya-Blik »

Date: 18 September, 345
Time: 1235
Environment: Clear Skies
Location: Llorn Market, Myfflin's Mystic Marvels



Alkanar turns to the ever-taciturn Trask, "So what do all of you think? I can carry 80 pounds by myself with little trouble. But enough people to carry two or three times as much would probably be best for rotating and unforeseen circumstances, no?" The old soldier clearly had not been paying attention and it takes him several moments to respond, "I think I am feeling too old for this sh^t. I just got back from a damn trip down the River. I don't feel like jumping back on the road just yet. I am going to go find Durak, and Bonk ... and bribe some damn priest to stall Lord Utu's claim on the Ogre till we have had a few more drinks." Trask then directs his focus at the Alchemist, "No offense Myf. Family business and all ..." He then heads out the door.

Silhouette clears her throat to speak once more, "What Master Natrap asks for is at least one of our true names. If you do not understand the harm that can befall you when others know your true name it is that any magic or summoning spell can harm and control you with near certainty, for so long as others who may use such means know your true name. True names are unfortunately required when a diabolist makes protective runes as is the desire of Master Natrap so that they do not harm you in the handling of the package ... However that explained to my allies Master Natrap, If you or Alkanar warded the items or if he is the sole carrier as he offers this does not prevent any one of us from absconding with the container with any more difficulty than if Alkanar wards it alone. Because, since we have no reason to open the outermost box though we could do so with our true names on the initial wards, the matter of security changes not at all if we have our true named wards or not at all as any individual so permitted by true name could still abscond with the contents. The only net gain for you in this matter is a different kind of security. With at least one true name that you now know from whomever it is to transport the package you would be afforded the capability for the potential to find or send magical punishment toward them for failure or theft. And not to disparage or assert that you would carry such out in this deal, but their name could be sold to others after being divulged to you Master Natrap ... If this is all understood by you, I am fine with you being the carrier if you think you can do so capably and wish to begin an ongoing and trusted relationship with Master Natrap.”

Raising his hands defensively Alkanar addresses Silhouette. "Now hold on. I was not offering to be the sole carrier. Leaving the transport to only one person is unwise. If that were the case and I was sufficiently incapacitated we would be stuck, thus I suggested enough people to rotate." Crossing his arms he continues. "And let's get our facts straight. Yes, someone's true name on a ward makes them as invisible to the ward as its creator. But, aside from summoning and scrying, magic from someone that knows your true name is more likely to work, it is still not a 'near certainty' in most cases. In either case, No Diabolist or Alchemist would be in business for very long if they were careless with such information. Especially for over 300 years as Master Natrap has."

After a while, Ramsis steps forward, "As a priest i understand the importance of a real name. I also believe that as a priest i am not comfortable giving you my true name. Will the name my goddess gave me suffice? If not, we will need somewhere private as i am not telling all my name.”

The Alchemist offers a skeptical look, "Your comfort is only of passing interest young Dwarf. Simply put, if the name your 'goddess' gave you would prevent the Boxes from likely killing you, then that would be fine. Quite frankly if you want to give me a false name, well that is what it is ... and what it is is useless.” He then turns back to Silhouette who seems to be arguing against disclosure, "Girl, so far you have not even given your common name let alone your true name. You walk in here and drop pronouncements that use of your name will afford me all sorts of power over you, as if the names of some random folk are so precious. It's true that that the name has its own power, but I am hardly the only person ever to know one. Your parents probably know yours, likely grandparents too, and anyone they ever told. Just because you have no recollection, does not mean your name isn't out there on the wind child.”

Ramsis moves to a nearby table and writes out his true name which he folds and hands to Natrap, with an attempted ominous, "If anyone but you uses this, i will know and i will use the might of my mistress to hunt you down. With respect, master Natrap.” Myfflin does not seem visibly concerned.

He offers a slip of paper for Alkanar to write down his name should he choose to, sets down 2 other slips of paper (just in case), "A mute Ogre, teenage human girl, a Wolfen, and a Dwarven priest. A bit of a motley crew. You don't even have that first dwarf that came as one of the Merchant Guild Collectors ... But I suppose. Come on back tomorrow morning and you can pick up the Crates. They need to be at their destination, Adriana in the White Rock Mountains before the Winter Solstice. When ... Durak came in here earlier I told him it was not a job for a single man. This is valuable cargo, your caution is fine up until it isn't." then turns and heads into a back room of sorts.

The Crates remain on the table (3ft x 1ft x 1ft).

OOC: If you failed to post, you stood there quietly. So far ONLY Ramsis has actually given his name. If you are going to, confirm in the next post.


Butcher's Bill:
Azure: -18 ISP
** Gaozir: -4 SDC, Awake
Ramsis: -30 PPE, 1 Charged [Patron] Stone
Silhouette: -150 PPE, -22 ISP
Trask:
Alkanar: -26 SDC


What are you doing?
User avatar
Alkanar
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:41 am

Re: In Llorn ... But for How Long? (Group A)

Post by Alkanar »

Perception: 1d100: [72] = 72 /39%
Just in Case: 1d20: [2] = 2 ; 1d100: [20] = 20
Ya-Blik wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:56 pm The Alchemist offers a skeptical look, "Your comfort is only of passing interest young Dwarf. Simply put, if the name your 'goddess' gave you would prevent the Boxes from likely killing you, then that would be fine. Quite frankly if you want to give me a false name, well that is what it is ... and what it is is useless.” He then turns back to Silhouette who seems to be arguing against disclosure, "Girl, so far you have not even given your common name let alone your true name. You walk in here and drop pronouncements that use of your name will afford me all sorts of power over you, as if the names of some random folk are so precious. It's true that that the name has its own power, but I am hardly the only person ever to know one. Your parents probably know yours, likely grandparents too, and anyone they ever told. Just because you have no recollection, does not mean your name isn't out there on the wind child.”
She does seem overly cautious about True Names... Has she had a bad experience with their use before? Alkanar musses.
Ya-Blik wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:56 pm He offers a slip of paper for Alkanar to write down his name should he choose to, sets down 2 other slips of paper (just in case), "A mute Ogre, teenage human girl, a Wolfen, and a Dwarven priest. A bit of a motley crew. You don't even have that first dwarf that came as one of the Merchant Guild Collectors ... But I suppose. Come on back tomorrow morning and you can pick up the Crates. They need to be at their destination, Adriana in the White Rock Mountains before the Winter Solstice. When ... Durak came in here earlier I told him it was not a job for a single man. This is valuable cargo, your caution is fine up until it isn't." then turns and heads into a back room of sorts.

The Crates remain on the table (3ft x 1ft x 1ft).
Taking the offered slip of paper Alkanar retrieves his own writing implements from his pack and writes his own True Name, Akanarr Ke Haugtor, upon it in runes. After placing the paper on the table Alkanar will wait patiently for anyone else to write their names.

Once they have left the shop, Alkanar will address what he feels is the next step. "Now that that has been dealt with. How are we for travel equipment and supplies? I am afraid I cannot offer much, I was not expecting to hit the road again so soon after arriving here, I have not even been able to acquire maps yet. And getting robbed has not helped."
User avatar
Ya-Blik
Dimension Master
Posts: 197
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:56 am
Location: Palladium Fantasy GM & DM

Re: In Llorn ... But for How Long? (Group A)

Post by Ya-Blik »

Date: 18 September, 345
Time: 1250
Environment: Clear Skies
Location: Llorn Market



Alkanar fills out his slip of paper and folds it carefully then hands it back to the Alchemist before the elf leaves. Under the watchful eye of the trio of Orcs, the party stands there quietly for another few minutes until they collectively opt to exit with Silhouette and Azure having declined to provide their names. Now standing a couple blocks away with Alkanar again drawing openly wary glances. Now that they have left the shop, Alkanar addresses what he feels is the next step. "Now that that has been dealt with. How are we for travel equipment and supplies? I am afraid I cannot offer much, I was not expecting to hit the road again so soon after arriving here, I have not even been able to acquire maps yet. And getting robbed has not helped."



Butcher's Bill:
Alkanar: -26 SDC
Azure: -18 ISP -- Tracker
** Gaozir: -4 SDC, Awake
Ramsis: -30 PPE, 1 Charged [Patron] Stone -- No Post
Silhouette: -150 PPE, -22 ISP -- No Post


What are you doing?
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 419
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm
Location: lwhiting01
Contact:

Re: In Llorn ... But for How Long? (Group A)

Post by Silhouette »

JIC: 1d20: [8] = 8 1d100: [23] = 23
Perc: 78% / 1d100: [41] = 41

Silhouette contemplates the destination standing outside the Alchemist’s establishment for a moment before she pins her fingers to the sides of her nose as if trying to keep it from falling off before saying,”I think we should find a pathfinder and get some travel ideas as well as go to the Llorn library and add some knowledge to our goal of a different kind.”

Silhouette says,”Two roads are ahead of us, well three…that last one is a bit crazy and so, two really.” Clapping her hands she says,”But let’s not talk here.” Waving her hand as if wiping dust from the air or wafting a nice pie’s smell she indicates for folks to start walking while leading Petal by the reins.

Her path takes them to the Merchant District and finds a middle quality Inn that has baths. She will answer as such to their destination if asked as upon arriving she will state, “We’re going to stay here for the night and rub shoulders with the merchants and travelers to find out what we should know heading south.” Finding the stable Silhouette will ask,"Please have what little of my possessions that remain moved to a room big enough for an ogre, wolfen, and a human?" Before as a side note adding,”And of course our dwarven friend here.” As she holds out an appropriate amount of gold to the stable folks. Lore: Culture & Customs (Eastern Territory) 42% / 1d100: [49] = 49

Silhouette explains once Petal is stabled and her supervised possessions are rucked up to a room,”We are to talk and ply the merchants to find the best pathfinder they know or close enough, even if it is one of these merchants. Be civil and polite and no gambling except what you have in your pockets.” Silhouette sighs as she says,"I'm going to see about a way to hasten our travels so we'll likely be here no more than one week."

Crossing her arms and then dropping them to belt she explains,”The destination is far south east, a straight line is nearly a thousand miles. A trip almost never goes straight, so we must go much, much further than that. On foot that is likely two months. I don’t think I want to do that without some knowledge.”

Nodding she says,”Now I’m going to get us some baths drawn…all of us need it.” Her eyes linger on Azure for far to long before she laughs,"We need as much of an edge in appearing civilized as we can be." Going downstairs alone she inquires with the staff where she then specifies,"We have a need for your biggest tubs and strongest soap and where are meals taken?" While talking to the staff she inquires,"Who do you suggest for tailoring some finer clothing for a wolfen, an ogre, and a dwarf?" A moments thought and she realizes,”That is the strangest question I’ve ever asked someone…” Which is surprising because certainly had some wild ideas in the past.

Returning to the room she tells her companions,”We’re going to prepare for cold and wet winter. Find your desired gear here in the Merchant quarter and I’ll cover the costs where sensible.” As an after thought she confirms,"Plan for your needs to come down to to traveling on foot."

Silhouette sits down and asks,"What do you know about the southern region and traveling in cold and probably snowy terrain?"
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 164/164 | I.S.P.: 58/58 | H.P.: 45/45 | S.D.C.:65/65
Conditions:Sixth Sense, Recognize various magics(see O.O.C. special abilities)
Armor: Studded Leather (AR13 / 38/38 SDC (-5% mobility)
Weapon: In-Hand: Bow. On person: Silver dagger & two dwarven daggers in sheath at belt, 2x throwing inside wrist armor/2x throwing in boots & 36 arrows on back.
Image
User avatar
Alkanar
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:41 am

Re: In Llorn ... But for How Long? (Group A)

Post by Alkanar »

Perception: 1d100: [80] = 80 /39%
Just in Case: 1d20: [4] = 4 ; 1d100: [72] = 72
Silhouette wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 2:19 pm Silhouette contemplates the destination standing outside the Alchemist’s establishment for a moment before she pins her fingers to the sides of her nose as if trying to keep it from falling off before saying,”I think we should find a pathfinder and get some travel ideas as well as go to the Llorn library and add some knowledge to our goal of a different kind.”
Goal of a different kind? Is she doing more than looking for work? Alkanar ponders.
Silhouette wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 2:19 pm Silhouette says,”Two roads are ahead of us, well three…that last one is a bit crazy and so, two really.” Clapping her hands she says,”But let’s not talk here.” Waving her hand as if wiping dust from the air or wafting a nice pie’s smell she indicates for folks to start walking while leading Petal by the reins.

Her path takes them to the Merchant District and finds a middle quality Inn that has baths. She will answer as such to their destination if asked as upon arriving she will state, “We’re going to stay here for the night and rub shoulders with the merchants and travelers to find out what we should know heading south.” Finding the stable Silhouette will ask,"Please have what little of my possessions that remain moved to a room big enough for an ogre, wolfen, and a human?" Before as a side note adding,”And of course our dwarven friend here.” As she holds out an appropriate amount of gold to the stable folks.

Silhouette explains once Petal is stabled and her supervised possessions are rucked up to a room,”We are to talk and ply the merchants to find the best pathfinder they know or close enough, even if it is one of these merchants. Be civil and polite and no gambling except what you have in your pockets.” Silhouette sighs as she says,"I'm going to see about a way to hasten our travels so we'll likely be here no more than one week."
That would be simple enough for me back home. But it will be a bit harder with the general attitude towards Wolfen down here. But I knew that from the outset. Alkanar muses to himself, then speaks up at Silhouette's last statement. "Do you have something specific in mind? Or just anything to expedite travel?"
Silhouette wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 2:19 pm Crossing her arms and then dropping them to belt she explains,”The destination is far south east, a straight line is nearly a thousand miles. A trip almost never goes straight, so we must go much, much further than that. On foot that is likely two months. I don’t think I want to do that without some knowledge.”

Nodding she says,”Now I’m going to get us some baths drawn…all of us need it.” Her eyes linger on Azure for far to long before she laughs,"We need as much of an edge in appearing civilized as we can be." Going downstairs alone she inquires with the staff where she then specifies,"We have a need for your biggest tubs and strongest soap and where are meals taken?" While talking to the staff she inquires,"Who do you suggest for tailoring some finer clothing for a wolfen, an ogre, and a dwarf?" A moments thought and she realizes,”That is the strangest question I’ve ever asked someone…” Which is surprising because certainly had some wild ideas in the past.

Returning to the room she tells her companions,”We’re going to prepare for cold and wet winter. Find your desired gear here in the Merchant quarter and I’ll cover the costs where sensible.” As an after thought she confirms,"Plan for your needs to come down to to traveling on foot."
Alkanar is a little taken aback by Silhouette declaring that she will pay for all the basics, but hides it well and nods in appreciation. "That is very kind."
Silhouette wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 2:19 pm Silhouette sits down and asks,"What do you know about the southern region and traveling in cold and probably snowy terrain?"
Alkanar sits as well and addresses her questions. "I am familiar with snow and cold. I am no Ranger, but those are things everyone deals with up north." He then pauses for a moment. "Though, if we are traveling south would it not get warmer, instead of colder? Then again, I do not know Adriana's elevation." He admits with a shrug. "As for the south, you must mean the Tegyn Peninsula. I do not know more than I have read. One thing I remember is that it has a political structure closer to the older human regions, like Timero and the Western Empire. Most of the power is held by the nobility and very little by the people." Imagine, value and power being determined by blood ties and not merit. He scoffs mentally.

History: 1d100: [14] = 14 /65% (Recall off the top of his head any pertinent history of note for the southern regions)
Law: 1d100: [81] = 81 /55% (Recall off the top of his head any laws of note for the southern regions that might be a hindrance)

"Though I have my own question." He continues. "Outside of the alchemist's shop, you mentioned the library for a 'goal of a different kind'. If you don't mind me asking, what would that be?"
Post Reply

Return to “Fantasy Adventures”