Delivery? No it's Digiorro

Only adventured-related threads are found here.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

User avatar
Alkanar
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:41 am

Re: Delivery? No it's Digiorro

Post by Alkanar »

((rolls held))

Outside Myfflin's Mystic Marvels
Alwin wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 1:36 pm Alwin laughs audibly. He looks over to the Wolfen, "Yes, yes. Blue humor indeed. Don't worry though. I think the little girl is the brunt of the joke. Or does she get it in the end?" He pauses for a second in thought, "Either way, very funny indeed."
Alkanar wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:46 pm "Blue humor..." Alkanar pauses for a second to remember what the means, then shakes his head when he does. "Even if you could, I would have to pass. I often find that kind of humor more crass than funny."
Silhouette wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 4:32 pm Silhouette seems to consider saying something to Alwin and the giant before turning it to Alkanar rather than to the troll’s company as she plays off the bawdy humor to say in Wolfen for the first time,”I do not like them, saying I get it in the end? I would show them their asses, but looks like these two already found them. Head’s so far up their backsides they’ve gone and popped right back out the shoulders again.” Silhouette chuckles with a rolling sound modified by the Wolfen language style,”Too bad they are different sizes, we might have had the first two wheels to a horse cart. Maybe wheelbarrows, one for each crate?”
Alkanar's left eyebrow raises in surprise when Silhouette starts speaking his own tongue. She speaks Wolfen? I did not expect that. He then responds in kind. "It is indeed quite a rude thing to say when first meeting someone." He says with a shake of his head. "Though isn't your last remark as violent as his is crass?" He counters.
Alwin wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 1:36 pm Alwin stands and looks up to the sky, "I think I may need to speak to Master Myfflin as well. Now seems as good a time as any to check the progress anyway. I need to ask him a question about registration too." Alwin walks toward the Wolfen and holds his hand out in greeting, "So, is this your pack? Pretty motley crew you have assembled here."
Alkanar wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:46 pm Alkanar readily takes Alwin's offered hand. "I am Alkanar. And no, Wolfen do not have packs like wolves, unless you want to label everything similar to a nuclear family as a pack. I was just lucky enough to stumble upon some companions that do not hold to the prejudice that is pervasive in these lands." He glances over at Goram. "Judging by your choice of companion you are also not someone to judge a book by its cover."

When Alwin heads towards the shop Alkanar follows but looks back at his group to see if they are also following.
Alwin wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 7:11 am Alwin smiles at the comment, "Some books don't even have covers." After a short chuckle wondering if the wolfen would understand the reference he continues, "If you are not the leader, then who directs the group? The ogre? Surely not the Dwarf?" His inquisitive tone is easy to pickup.
Alkanar does not respond to Alwin, because he does not have an answer. That is a good question. Alkanar thinks to himself. Trask seemed to be the one primarily making decisions, but he went his own way. Of those left, Silhouette seems to be the one taking charge. But if our last meeting with Master Natrap is any indicator, she also seems to have a tendency to act without thinking...

He then realizes that Alwin never even proposed Sil as the leader and can't help a small smile. Alwin and Silhouette may not be judging me, but they sure are judging each other. Ironic considering our location.

Inside Myfflin's Mystic Marvels
Silhouette wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 4:32 pm Adding to the Wolfen Diabolist’s words of apology she says in Elven, her best language for groveling to the learned,”Master Natrap, I am regretful for our delay. I would have sent a magic pigeon under normal circumstances, though whatever transpired, we only just awoke and headed here immediately.” Pausing in case the Alchemist has words of recrimination she listens before adding as she goes inside his office for privacy and then gives possible reason for the delay,“My companion Alkanar was ambushed on his entrance to the city days ago with a sleep spell as well. I anticipate the same mage and group were involved with delaying us with intent to ambush us for your delivery.” Silhouette adds as well,"I am already creating a plan to counter any such interference. I expect an ambush would happen just as our trip begins so they may adjust with our chosen path."
It was actually my second day. He thinks to himself but does not find it important enough to correct. I had never even considered that it could be the same group, but that does make the possibility of a rogue mage more explainable. They were here for the package but got incensed when they saw a Wolfen walking about. Though I am curious how she plans to counter anything similar in the future. I think a drug can be safely ruled out, it would have definitely had after-effects after that long. But it must have been a very potent spell. It lasted much longer than most magic I am aware of and had no after-effects that I could find. Hmm... Protection Wards would work, but they only last ten minutes, and the effect last time was so sudden. The ward would have to be triggered by magic sleep.
Last edited by Alkanar on Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Goram
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:40 am

Re: Delivery? No it's Digiorro

Post by Goram »

Rolls Carried Over
Silhouette wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 4:32 pm “My companion Alkanar was ambushed on his entrance to the city days ago with a sleep spell as well. I anticipate the same mage and group were involved with delaying us with intent to ambush us for your delivery.”[/b] Silhouette adds as well,"I am already creating a plan to counter any such interference. I expect an ambush would happen just as our trip begins so they may adjust with our chosen path."
Why are they wasting time for this? They were late, it can’t be fixed…Yes I know they are afraid of losing the job and the money but excuses wont’t help. Agreed, maybe I should say something.

”I understand why this justification of your tardiness in taking this job seems necessary, and you have fully conveyed that if circumstances were more in your control you would have been on time. But nothing you say here can be undone. So help Master Myfflin by giving him your true name, and leaving him be to finish his magic. We have 3 months to get these boxes to their destination. That task is very doable if everything goes to plan. However, we know there are those that hope to stop us, combined with the hazards that can arise on such a journey means the earlier we leave the better, because this has very little chance of going to plan.”
User avatar
Azure
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 107
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:17 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: Delivery? No it's Digiorro

Post by Azure »

Perception: 88% 1d100: [66] = 66
D20 JiC: 1d20: [6] = 6 / D100 JiC: 1d100: [14] = 14

Conditions: Gaozir’s shared senses, Mind-Block Auto Defense. 20/20 vision, Nightvision 600', See Aura, See the Invisible.

Butcher Bill:

Skill rolls:

Shuffling along after the trio Azure peeks from his new eye testing the waters with each step. The angle versus what Goa sees perched from his shoulder is skewed. This is so odd. I feel shorter with my eyes…eye. he thinks considering the change. But now that he is walking out among so many he realizes he can also see the auras of everyone around him. This was not unfamiliar to him as it was part of his training but it was never “on” this long. As he peeked over at Silhouette's aura it appears terribly strong, but he knew that already. Experiences with her in the past showed she was capable. The dwarf he has never seen in action had a peculiar aura that he couldn’t make out. His aura had the effect of another’s aura draped over his own. Interesting. he thought but didn’t linger on it for long. The wolfen’s aura appears average but Azure didn’t want to believe it. Seer warned me that those as educated as he seems will have his tricks..

Out in front of the alchemist shop were a pair hard to miss, mostly due to the towering troll. Trolls have a reputation in the Baalgor Wastes where Azure is from. The giants are not to be trifled with being powerfully strong and though low in the hierarchy of true giants they still have allies among the other giants. He only encountered them once when he was young and as he recalled from memory grudgingly welcomed by the Chief.

Finding an ogre inside the city of Llorn wasn’t surprising because Llorn kept a special unit of “Earthshakers” which Azure himself was once approached by a recruiter about joining before learning he was blind, though another use was found for him. In any case finding a troll inside the city let alone the companion, an elf, sharing its company is surprising. The last elf he encountered, Tyral wouldn’t be caught dead with a troll barely tolerating Azure's presence. Elves he is certain detested any that were not human, or of course elf, at least as far as Azure knew anyways. The ogre's trust in this unlikely pair dwindles by the moment as he considers their possible motives.

Approaching the pair Azure waits and listens from the rear of the group as he is already lagging behind from getting used to the eye.

The exchange revealed a few things and Azure wonders if they themselves caught the information. This elf is a mage or like himself a mind mage. Alkanar also gave away that he was also of one of these dispositions. Maybe I should say something? Azure's entire purpose he was trained is to advise his Chief, to observe and utilize his mental “magic” to give his Chief and tribe the leverage needed to survive the harsh wastes of Baalgor. I suppose in a manner, this group is his Chief. he thinks looking at the three in front of him. Azure leans in to speak quietly into the wolfen’s ear from behind, ”It might not be wise to discuss that you are part of the guild so freely with strangers. It reveals much about you. Perhaps suggesting he goes and registers now. That way he leaves giving you an opportunity to amend with the alchemist without them here interfering with negotiations.” Azure advises Alkanar feeling himself brimming a moment full of a purpose again.

When the Alchemist begins the conversation with Alkanar and Silhouette Azure will use Telepathy: Superior to read the general thoughts and reactions hidden behind the courtesies of the Alchemist.

Telepathy: Superior
OOC Comments
Range: 100 ft. +50 ft./lvl for probe, or 200 ft. +100 ft./lvl for two-way communication.
Duration: 2 min/lvl, I.S.P.: 8
Saving Throw: Standard.
Just like the lesser Sensitive power of Telepathy, Telepathy: Superior grants the ability to hear surface thoughts, or send and receive telepathic messages. However, this superior form of the power gives the character the ability to read deeper or even subconscious thoughts. If the victim fails the saving throw, the psychic will be able to read thoughts on any subject he wants. This
can include passwords, names of contacts, the victim's true name, and even skills. Sometimes (40% +3% per level of experience chance) the character will be even able to see or hear parts of memories associated with the thoughts he is reading from the victim. A saving throw should be rolled for each skill/memory/thought that the character tries to read. The character can make one attempt to pull information from the victim for each attack per melee.
Azure Languages: N:Gobblely, Eastern, Elven, Giantese
I.S.P.: 183/183 | P.P.E.: 1/1 | H.P.: 47/47 (0/5) | S.D.C.: 81/81 (0/70)
Conditions: Sixth Sense, Total Recall, 20/20 vision, Nightvision 600', See Aura, See the Invisible.
Armor: Quilted Tunic | A.R.: 8 | S.D.C.: 15/15 | Modifiers:-
Weapon: Long Spear | Dmg: 3d6+19 | Modifiers: +10 strike, +13 parry, +13 throw | Throw Range: 180' S.N. 240'| Dmg: 4d6
Familiar: Gaozir (See Equipment for Combat Data) | S.D.C.: 51/51 | H.P.:- | APR: 2 (+2 Strike/Dodge) Damage: 2D4+2 (talons or beak), Dive Bomb: 4d4+4 (2 actions)
Abilities: Horror Factor: 10, Spd: 33 (66 in bursts, dive at 88), Excellent vision (2 miles), Nightvision 300', Track by scent 66%; by sight 80%, Glide for over 10 miles without flapping wings
Animal and Psionics: See the Invisible, Sense Evil, Sense Magic, Sixth Sense, and Empathy (receives only). Range: 600 foot area.
User avatar
Ya-Blik
Dimension Master
Posts: 211
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:56 am
Location: Palladium Fantasy GM & DM

Re: Delivery? No it's Digiorro

Post by Ya-Blik »

Date: 21 September, 345
Time: 1005
Environment: Clear Skies
Location: Market District -- Myfflin's Mystic Marvels




Like wary predators the groups eye each other over appraisingly with a few veiled verbal jibes before Alkanar inquires whether Myfflin is in and Alwin rises to indicate he too needs to speak with the Alchemist, "I think I may need to speak to Master Myfflin as well. Now seems as good a time as any to check the progress anyway. I need to ask him a question about registration too." As the pair move to enter, Alkanar voices the opinion that Alwin's choice not to register prior to coming here was risky but Alwin indicates he believes the risk lesser for him.

Alwin and Alkanar enter the shop first and after several moments, the grey-haired elf emerges from a back room. Myfflin's eyes widen slightly when he catches sight of Alkanar and his jaw seems to set as Silhouette, and Azure enter, followed by Goram whose entrance is neither graceful nor well received as he stoops by the front door warily seeking to avoid knocing into things in a shop meant for patrons much much smaller than he. Outside, holding the door open, Ramsis' view of the interior is simply the backs of many legs, though he is quite happy not to be any closer to the Troll's rear-end.

Inside the shop Alwin will look for Master Myfflin, "Good sir. I apologize for any interruptions. I have an urgent matter that I would ask some advice. Upon entering the city, I came straight here. I neglected to register with the brotherhood, and I think I am getting close to my four hours. If you are going to be much longer, I would like to head there and avoid any issues with the city guard. If not and we are to be on our way, there shouldn't be any issues."

The Alchemist's brow knits, but after a few moments, he clasps his hands together and whispers an enchantment into them before a light grey pigeon flies out of his grasp and out a window, "I have sent word to the Brotherhood that you have been detained here, and have given the name Alwin for them to document. You should have another 6 hours or so to register without issues."

Alkanar (having decided not to pay the fee being sought to secure a witness declaration hoped for) then volunteers, "Master Myfflin, my companions and I have come to offer our sincerest apologies for missing the rendezvous two days ago. We became incapacitated by ways I was unable to determine." The words ring hollow and unconvincing to everyone present. Adding to the Wolfen’s words of apology Silhouette adds in Elven, "Master Natrap, I am regretful for our delay. I would have sent a magic pigeon under normal circumstances, though whatever transpired, we only just awoke and headed here immediately.” Silhouette pauses a few moments then proceeds without invitation to try and enter the Alchemist's office. This is not well received as Myfflin steps directly into her path and his face drops into a glare. To salvage the situation the Forsaken-Mage does not push past Myfflin and instead continues, “My companion Alkanar was ambushed on his entrance to the city days ago with a sleep spell as well. I anticipate the same mage and group were involved with delaying us with intent to ambush us for your delivery. I am already creating a plan to counter any such interference. I expect an ambush would happen just as our trip begins so they may adjust with our chosen path."

OOC: Goram, you are unable to comment on Silhouette's statements, they are in a language you do not understand. Anyone else without the language, you will have missed that as well.

In a voice that indicates no interest at all in excuses Myfflin in Eastern says, "So, what you are saying is that the Wolfen, has now been repeatedly incapacitated and put to sleep multiple times, that your little ... quartet fell asleep at some point and have been blissfully dreaming for days somewhere in the city ... Oh and from what it sounds like, you wish for me to simply overlook the issue as if it has not had a cost for me. Instead, I should hand over the cargo to your little crew who apparently have no idea why you have been oblivious to the world for days but I should take comfort that it could not happen a third time??? ... That is the argument?"

Azure opts to try and delve into Myfflin's thoughts and briefly finds access,
**]```In Elven``` [ Belimar's bollocks!?! Blood and ashes!! Of all the sanctimonious little shits, who does this little Southern twyken think she is?!?! Oh I'm some random prat entitled Hedge-Mage, so I can walk into someone else's office?!! And why the FRAK did the Troll come in here?!? I left them in the Courtyard so nothing would be trampled on, what the %#@(^? .... I swear if he breaks something I am going to have a Shedim carve off his damnable eyelids ... that shelf of potions is probably 20,000 gold over there, and do not step left, do not do it you big ugly shit-shovelling flibbertigibbet! All downhill the last 200 damn years, it's like no one has teaches manners anymore ... And where is that damn Digiorro with the other cadre? ... Speaking of ugly, wasn't that Ogre ? ...**
The Alchemist's mind becomes a blank, like a curtain as Azure's own mind-block engages.

The Ogre sees Myfflin deliver an appraising head tilt in his direction and cock an eyebrow before looking back towards the others, "Well I have just spent hours carving new names into a series of very, very dangerous ward sequences. I have not yet, removed the two names given before and have no burning interest in starting over. So here are the options I will give you latecomers who needed their beauty-sleep ... The cargo needs to reach Adriana in the White Rock Mountains before the Winter Solstice. When ... Durak came in here earlier I told him it was not a job for a single man, he offered me a crew of 6 and I offered 160,000 Gold. Since then you have dropped and cycled out members, been days late, and generally made me nervous as hell ... Here are my new options: 1) 60,000 for the 4 of you, all other terms will remain -- and Alwin and Goram here will tag along as extra security because they have agreed to a number already ... and I suppose I will have a colleague summon up something to follow you and monitor from a distance; or 2) 130,000 for the 6 of you jointly ... same destination and timeframe. If you latecomers refuse both you can go get more sleep because I have no need of you ... maybe Alwin and Goram here, or the others I hire will bring you on as extra muscle would care to employ your quartet, but they would be paying out of the funds they are to receive, and the names given will be removed from their place of immunity."



Butcher's Bill:
Alkanar:
Azure: -2 SDC, - 8 ISP, Mind Block
Ramsis:
Silhouette: -18 PPE
Alwin:
Goram:


What are you doing?
User avatar
Goram
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:40 am

Re: Delivery? No it's Digiorro

Post by Goram »

Perception: d100<21: [86] = 0
JIC: d20: [18] = 18 , d100: [86] = 86
Ya-Blik wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:00 pm In a voice that indicates no interest at all in excuses Myfflin in Eastern says, "So, what you are saying is that the Wolfen, has now been repeatedly incapacitated and put to sleep multiple times, that your little ... quartet fell asleep at some point and have been blissfully dreaming for days somewhere in the city ... Oh and from what it sounds like, you wish for me to simply overlook the issue as if it has not had a cost for me. Instead, I should hand over the cargo to your little crew who apparently have no idea why you have been oblivious to the world for days but I should take comfort that it could not happen a third time??? ... That is the argument?"
Goram's eyes widen as restrained smile emerges on his face as he holds back a chuckle. This Myfflin is an no nonsense employer. I like him. Agreed my friend. Despite our rocky introduction, I also like this Myfflin.
Ya-Blik wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:00 pm The Ogre sees Myfflin deliver an appraising head tilt in his direction and cock an eyebrow before looking back towards the others, "Well I have just spent hours carving new names into a series of very, very dangerous ward sequences. I have not yet, removed the two names given before and have no burning interest in starting over. So here are the options I will give you latecomers who needed their beauty-sleep ... The cargo needs to reach Adriana in the White Rock Mountains before the Winter Solstice. When ... Durak came in here earlier I told him it was not a job for a single man, he offered me a crew of 6 and I offered 160,000 Gold. Since then you have dropped and cycled out members, been days late, and generally made me nervous as hell ... Here are my new options: 1) 60,000 for the 4 of you, all other terms will remain -- and Alwin and Goram here will tag along as extra security because they have agreed to a number already ... and I suppose I will have a colleague summon up something to follow you and monitor from a distance; or 2) 130,000 for the 6 of you jointly ... same destination and timeframe. If you latecomers refuse both you can go get more sleep because I have no need of you ... maybe Alwin and Goram here, or the others I hire will bring you on as extra muscle would care to employ your quartet, but they would be paying out of the funds they are to receive, and the names given will be removed from their place of immunity."
Basic Math: d100<15: [87] = 0

Goram with an air of smugness declares, "Obviously, we should go for the 130,000 gold pieces. That is more than 5,000 gold pieces per caravan member." The idiots will say 'The troll is stupid, obviously we should do the opposite', and then me and Alwin will get our 37,000 and be rich. Goram your math incorrect. You definitely want to take the 130,000 gold pieces What? That is ridiculous, I am not an idiot, it is blatantly obvious we get more if we are paid our original amount. He is paying over 21,666 gold pieces per person. The previous arrangement would only give you 18,500 gold pieces from the previous arrangements. Why would he offer us more per person with more people? That makes no sense, he would lose his shirt thinking that way. I know how to do math you daft weapon. . . . . I am sorry my friend my temper got the best of me. I know Goram one day you will learn to control it. There is a 68% chance it will be your undoing if you do not. But I can handle the business. As you wish Goram.
User avatar
Alwin
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:54 am

Re: Delivery? No it's Digiorro

Post by Alwin »

Perception Bonus: 31% (3%) 1d100: [46] = 46
JIC: 1d100: [90] = 90 , 1d20: [1] = 1


Ya-Blik wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:00 pm The Alchemist's brow knits, but after a few moments, he clasps his hands together and whispers an enchantment into them before a light grey pigeon flies out of his grasp and out a window, "I have sent word to the Brotherhood that you have been detained here, and have given the name Alwin for them to document. You should have another 6 hours or so to register without issues."


Alwin presses his palms together in front of himself and bows to the elder Elf, "Thank you" When Alkanar starts Alwin slides back ever so slightly to separate himself from the others This should be interesting.

Ya-Blik wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:00 pm In a voice that indicates no interest at all in excuses Myfflin in Eastern says, "So, what you are saying is that the Wolfen, has now been repeatedly incapacitated and put to sleep multiple times, that your little ... quartet fell asleep at some point and have been blissfully dreaming for days somewhere in the city ... Oh and from what it sounds like, you wish for me to simply overlook the issue as if it has not had a cost for me. Instead, I should hand over the cargo to your little crew who apparently have no idea why you have been oblivious to the world for days but I should take comfort that it could not happen a third time??? ... That is the argument?"

The Ogre sees Myfflin deliver an appraising head tilt in his direction and cock an eyebrow before looking back towards the others, "Well I have just spent hours carving new names into a series of very, very dangerous ward sequences. I have not yet, removed the two names given before and have no burning interest in starting over. So here are the options I will give you latecomers who needed their beauty-sleep ... The cargo needs to reach Adriana in the White Rock Mountains before the Winter Solstice. When ... Durak came in here earlier I told him it was not a job for a single man, he offered me a crew of 6 and I offered 160,000 Gold. Since then you have dropped and cycled out members, been days late, and generally made me nervous as hell ... Here are my new options: 1) 60,000 for the 4 of you, all other terms will remain -- and Alwin and Goram here will tag along as extra security because they have agreed to a number already ... and I suppose I will have a colleague summon up something to follow you and monitor from a distance; or 2) 130,000 for the 6 of you jointly ... same destination and timeframe. If you latecomers refuse both you can go get more sleep because I have no need of you ... maybe Alwin and Goram here, or the others I hire will bring you on as extra muscle would care to employ your quartet, but they would be paying out of the funds they are to receive, and the names given will be removed from their place of immunity."


Listening to the female being routed so deeply by the Master Elf gives Alwin a feeling of satisfaction. The arrogant little girl walked in so haughty taughty. She needed an Elf to put her in her place. These humans are an infection. Always thinking so highly of themselves. The infest the world. Its takes all the restraint Alwin has not to snear at the southern human while she is being berated.

Then Master Myfflin starts to discuss options and Alwin's ears perk up. Alwin does the quick math in his head coming to the conclusion that option two doubles the offer Diogorro made, Still less for them than they were originally offered. But much better for us. And so coincidentally close to what I told Digiorro what we would be paid. Alwin smirks at the thought of his initial conversation with the portly man.

Goram wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:16 pm Goram with an air of smugness declares, "Obviously, we should go for the 130,000 gold pieces. That is more than 5,000 gold pieces per caravan member." The idiots will say 'The troll is stupid, obviously we should do the opposite', and then me and Alwin will get our 37,000 and be rich. What? That is ridiculous, I am not an idiot, it is blatantly obvious we get more if we are paid our original amount. Why would he offer us more per person with more people. That makes no sense, he would lose his shirt thinking that way. I know how to do math you daft weapon. . . . ., I am sorry my friend my temper got the best of me. But I can handle the business.


Alwin cringes at the comment, turning to look at Goram he wonders, Is it a ruse? Does he want us to underestimate him? The thought changes Alwin's opinion of the Troll, wondering what he may or may not know about him, and what is he playing at? He is screwing with us, he must be. I need to keep a better eye on that one and stop underestimating him. He takes a deep breath in and lets it out slowly while he considers the Alchemist's play, he already said many times he wants more security than less. This is his ploy to get that. So, even if we have to put in with this bumbling band of amateurs, it still pays more. He smiles slyly at the thought, and they would make great fodder should we actually get attacked.

Alwin steps a little closer to the group, "of course Master Myfflin, in your experience, the more security the better for this trip. Financially it makes more sense for us, and success is more likely for you." Alwin cocks his head slightly, "Not to mention what sounds like a 30 thousand savings." Alwin holds his hands up palms out, "Not that I blame you! Sound business I would say." Alwin turns to Goram and continues, "And as the Troll mentioned... Its more than 5000 for each member of the caravan."

Alwin turns to the Ogre and asks, "So will you accept the deal? Will you join your team with us? Seems you are two persons short from your original plan anyway." The Ogre being the only logical option left for the group's leader, in Alwin's mind, he wonders, why did he allow the human girl to speak for him? Is it misdirection? They seem to tiptoe around the little bug.
User avatar
Alkanar
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:41 am

Re: Delivery? No it's Digiorro

Post by Alkanar »

Perception: 1d100: [3] = 3 /39%
Just in Case: 1d20: [4] = 4 ; 1d100: [63] = 63
Conditions: Nightvision - 40',
Keen as a dog's and has the same range.

Azure wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:19 am Azure leans in to speak quietly into the wolfen’s ear from behind, ”It might not be wise to discuss that you are part of the guild so freely with strangers. It reveals much about you. Perhaps suggesting he goes and registers now. That way he leaves giving you an opportunity to amend with the alchemist without them here interfering with negotiations.” Azure advises Alkanar feeling himself brimming a moment full of a purpose again.
Alkanar turns to whisper back. "I am not a member and anyone with my education alone should know about the fine. Thank you for your input. We will see if it is necessary." Then turns back when Master Myfflin starts speaking.
Ya-Blik wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:00 pm In a voice that indicates no interest at all in excuses Myfflin in Eastern says, "So, what you are saying is that the Wolfen, has now been repeatedly incapacitated and put to sleep multiple times, that your little ... quartet fell asleep at some point and have been blissfully dreaming for days somewhere in the city ... Oh and from what it sounds like, you wish for me to simply overlook the issue as if it has not had a cost for me. Instead, I should hand over the cargo to your little crew who apparently have no idea why you have been oblivious to the world for days but I should take comfort that it could not happen a third time??? ... That is the argument?"
Ya-Blik wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:00 pm The Ogre sees Myfflin deliver an appraising head tilt in his direction and cock an eyebrow before looking back towards the others, "Well I have just spent hours carving new names into a series of very, very dangerous ward sequences. I have not yet, removed the two names given before and have no burning interest in starting over. So here are the options I will give you latecomers who needed their beauty-sleep ... The cargo needs to reach Adriana in the White Rock Mountains before the Winter Solstice. When ... Durak came in here earlier I told him it was not a job for a single man, he offered me a crew of 6 and I offered 160,000 Gold. Since then you have dropped and cycled out members, been days late, and generally made me nervous as hell ... Here are my new options: 1) 60,000 for the 4 of you, all other terms will remain -- and Alwin and Goram here will tag along as extra security because they have agreed to a number already ... and I suppose I will have a colleague summon up something to follow you and monitor from a distance; or 2) 130,000 for the 6 of you jointly ... same destination and timeframe. If you latecomers refuse both you can go get more sleep because I have no need of you ... maybe Alwin and Goram here, or the others I hire will bring you on as extra muscle would care to employ your quartet, but they would be paying out of the funds they are to receive, and the names given will be removed from their place of immunity."
Goram wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:16 pm Goram with an air of smugness declares, "Obviously, we should go for the 130,000 gold pieces. That is more than 5,000 gold pieces per caravan member."
Alwin wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:07 pm Alwin steps a little closer to the group, "of course Master Myfflin, in your experience, the more security the better for this trip. Financially it makes more sense for us, and success is more likely for you." Alwin cocks his head slightly, "Not to mention what sounds like a 30 thousand savings." Alwin holds his hands up palms out, "Not that I blame you! Sound business I would say." Alwin turns to Goram and continues, "And as the Troll mentioned... Its more than 5000 for each member of the caravan."

Alwin turns to the Ogre and asks, "So will you accept the deal? Will you join your team with us? Seems you are two persons short from your original plan anyway." The Ogre being the only logical option left for the group's leader.
Cutting the pay by 30 thousand and adding in two people almost halves each person's pay. Alkanar thinks with annoyance. But if he had all the cards he would not be hiring random travelers. He realizes. He evidently had no backup plan and just admitted that every delay costs him, such as recarving wards that already have our names. That is leverage for all six of us. And placating clearly has not worked.

"Now hold on." Alkanar speaks up while putting a hand on Sil's shoulder to move her back with the rest of the group. "First off. We did not come here to give excuses Master Myfflin, only to provide an account of what happened and apologize." He asserts. "By all rights, we could have assumed that we missed the deadline and not come back. It was our sense of professionalism that spurred us to return. To your benefit, it seems, since there is no evidence that you had a backup plan." He then gestures to Alwin and Goram. "It took you two days past the missed meeting time to get even just two more people here. Despite claiming when we first met that there were two other groups to visit you before us. As you just said, the delay has already cost you. How much more will it cost if you need to recarve the wards? Need I remind you that I am also a Diabolist? I know carving wards takes many hours. If they are as numerous and dangerous as you say, that is at least another day lost."

"Secondly." Alkanar adds. "'Blissfully dreaming' or 'needing beauty-sleep' as you put it, is orders of magnitude different from being forcefully rendered asleep for days. In a city that is supposed to be one of the safest in the Eastern Territories mind you. My companion is right, whatever happened was too localized, it did not affect anyone else at the Inn. Else it would have raised some alarm, or I would have at least overheard it when asking around." Alkanar taps his right ear to emphasize Wolfen hearing. "There are people already after the cargo that can get to us even in the middle of the Market District. With informed and capable aggressors in the mix, instead of just opportunists. We should be charging extra hazard pay. Not getting our individual pay slashed nearly in half. None of us can be too careful with cargo this valuable."

"Thirdly." Alkanar continues. "We are lucky that whoever is after the package has already wasted their element of surprise. And on the off chance it was some fluke, people are naturally more cautious when something has gone wrong. So because something had already gone wrong and we are already anticipating the certainly an attack, we are going to be more cautious than anyone else you are likely to find on such short notice."

"So considering the lack of a backup plan, the increase in risk, and our increased caution compared to alternatives." Alkanar counts off on his fingers. "Balanced with the fact that we were indeed quite late. I think we can settle on the originally agreed lump sum of 160,000 for all six of us."
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 425
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm

Re: Delivery? No it's Digiorro

Post by Silhouette »

JIC: 1d100: [30] = 30 1d20: [2] = 2
Perc: 68%/ 1d100: [72] = 72

Silhouette hears the way Master Myfflin twists their words but as she begins to answer, Goram and Alwin make their apparent agreements with Master Myfflin of which if the two were listening, would have made a double take on their own arrangement [GM EDIT: this is an evaluation of info Sil does not have]. Silhouette finds Goram’s calculations wildly confusing, like a student that found the right answer following the formula, got it wrong and doesn’t know how they came to it.

Silhouette listens to Alwin’s negotiation strategy, or is it simpering, as he readily agrees to carry a bomb on his back at the reduced price of his self-esteem as he bolsters the Alchemist with praise as a businessman. Silhouette thinks with a derisive pinching of her nose as she looks at the pair,”I hope these two can fight better than they can reason out one coin plus one equals…”

Silhouette’s looks at the giant and the slightly shorter than herself man and feels pity as she realizes in thought,”Scared dogs bark.” Shaking her head a fraction she again hopes against their words, “If they start talking on the road to passerby’s the way they talked about us to our faces, we will soon be confused for the orcs last season marauding their way north after having to fight every person we meet.”

Silhouette glances at Alkanar a moment and a small smirk forms as she recalls Brago,”We’ll have to teach these two to be like Brago. That wolf was silent except when necessary.” As Alkanar himself catches Silhouette’s eye and a large wolfen mitt rests on her shoulder that pulls her backward she tenses before she reiterates to herself,”Wolves’ make noise only when necessary.” Silhouette then shrugs to silently inform the wolfen she was complying and also to get his hand off of her as she thinks,”Silence does not mean other forms of communication were not readily available.”

Silhouette stands behind Alkanar and merely practices patience as she might if someone else stabbed a mark who will soon die. She needn't plung her blade in as well to share in the credit.
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 172/172 | I.S.P.: 59/59 | H.P.: 47/47 | S.D.C.:65/65
Conditions:Sixth Sense, Recognize various magics(see O.O.C. special abilities)
Armor: Studded Leather (AR13 / 38/38 SDC (-5% mobility)
Weapon: In-Hand: Bow. On person: Silver dagger & two dwarven daggers in sheath at belt, 2x throwing inside wrist armor/2x throwing in boots & 36 arrows on back.
Image
User avatar
Ya-Blik
Dimension Master
Posts: 211
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:56 am
Location: Palladium Fantasy GM & DM

Re: Delivery? No it's Digiorro

Post by Ya-Blik »

Date: 21 September, 345
Time: 1010
Environment: Clear Skies
Location: Market District -- Myfflin's Mystic Marvels




Alwin and Goram endorse the 2nd option with relative speed, whilst the four others hesitate. Eventually Alkanar, believing that Myfflin has tipped his hand to show some desperation, steps up to deliver a counteroffer while Silhouette observes and speculates. The Wolfen's first-second-third outline of arguments ending with his summation that, "So considering the lack of a backup plan, the increase in risk, and our increased caution compared to alternatives. Balanced with the fact that we were indeed quite late. I think we can settle on the originally agreed lump sum of 160,000 for all six of us."

The Alchemist's gaze reflects no amusement, "That's it? You have no guild backing and a history of being incapacitated but you will be more careful in light of the many risks in the wide world, so I should be grateful. Pass, you may leave."

IF the others exit the Alchemist turns back to Alwin, "In 2 hours be back here. You will go with a dozen of the Red Brigade. I got a list of those names last night but their pricing is steep. Your names are carved in but I can just paint theirs in place, but they will not be feeding you and ... the big one likely gets cranky when he has not eaten, so you probably want to plan out a bit for food."



Butcher's Bill:
Alkanar:
Azure: -2 SDC, - 8 ISP, Mind Block
Ramsis:
Silhouette: -18 PPE
Alwin:
Goram:


What are you doing?
User avatar
Alwin
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:54 am

Re: Delivery? No it's Digiorro

Post by Alwin »

Perception Bonus: 31% (3%) 1d100: [93] = 93
JIC: 1d100: [42] = 42 , 1d20: [9] = 9

Alwin looks to the others as the Alchemist dismisses them, 160 for 4 was the original offer? This alchemist is working hard to reduce his cost. Now I'm down to splitting 27 with the troll if these four back out completely? Ridiculous. Alwin forces a smile on his face and responds to the Alchemist, "2 hours will be plenty of time for us to register at the guild and grab whatever travel meals we may need." He bows his head slightly then turns to leave the shop before the others reply. "Goram, will you be coming with me to the guild?"

Outside Alwin stares at the stone lion, No wonder he needs such protection, he may be the most conniving elf I have met. The thought brings about a sly smile, Nothing wrong with making coin... doesn't mean I have to blindly accept it. Alwin sighs, All this effort wasted unless we follow through or find something else. Alwin will make his way to the guild to finalize the registration process and gather more information about membership, Might as well, I may spend more time here is all goes well.
User avatar
Alkanar
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:41 am

Re: Delivery? No it's Digiorro

Post by Alkanar »

Perception: 1d100: [38] = 38 /39%
Just in Case: 1d20: [17] = 17 ; 1d100: [34] = 34
Conditions: Nightvision - 40',
Keen as a dog's and has the same range.

Ya-Blik wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:50 am The Alchemist's gaze reflects no amusement, "That's it? You have no guild backing and a history of being incapacitated but you will be more careful in light of the many risks in the wide world, so I should be grateful. Pass, you may leave."
Alkanar gives the Alchemist an equally unamused look. "There are threats making themselves known to your package and all you can do is fixate on my recent misfortunes? So be it. I have no desire to continue business relations with, much less risk my life for, someone that is going to be dismissive and reductive. Good day, Myfflin." He then promptly turns and leaves, not stopping until he is back on the street. The Elven Alchemist that made my armor back in Shadowfall was nowhere near this curmudgeonly, but I guess that is to be expected of one able to see past the stigmas.

Once back on the street, if he's companions followed him, he will turn to them and say. "I guess we now look for another source of income, that venture will get no support from me."
User avatar
Goram
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:40 am

Re: Delivery? No it's Digiorro

Post by Goram »

Perception: 21% d100: [91] = 91
JIC: d20: [6] = 6 , d100: [18] = 18
Alwin wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:28 pm
Goram stays with Alwin.

"Goram, will you be coming with me to the guild?"
“Of course my friend, you may need assistance, if the ruffians that took umbrage with the other group decide we are a threat because we are now prospective transport. We obviously do not want to fall prey to them. It is a real sticking point for the Alchemist.”
Alkanar wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:36 pm Once back on the street, if he's companions followed him, he will turn to them and say. "I guess we now look for another source of income, that venture will get no support from me."
They refused the job? Maybe they are independently wealthy and only take jobs for fun? Wait so you are saying they just take transport jobs that result in potential death for thrills? Well I am not sure how else they could afford to turn down more than 5,000 gold. They don’t dress or carry themselves as if they are wealthy but you know they could be crazy. You, mean eccentric, if they are rich. Rich people are eccentric.
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 425
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm

Re: Delivery? No it's Digiorro

Post by Silhouette »

JIC 1d100: [10] = 10 1d20: [19] = 19
Perc: 68%/ 1d100: [94] = 94

Invoke Trust: 70% / 1d100: [35] = 35
Charm: (40%) / 1d100: [49] = 49

Silhouette nods working to keep her composure neutral as the others begin making their exit. With a gesture toward Alwin she tells the Alchemist,”It really is a shame that you so easily send a pigeon on behalf of this one for tardiness to the tower.” Silhouette shrugs exaggeratedly, “We didn't wake to a bitching pigeon or anything. It is a simple matter to do a locating magic to find us upon our being late and a pigeon to press upon us the cost of coin invested, so why the difference?” Shaking her head sadly Silhouette then says“For the sleep, if I was wanted to take your goods, I would put to sleep the stronger guards to delay or cast doubt so that you would hire the weaker of two choices… That is what I would do if I wanted to improve my chances of stealing your cargo on the road.” Silhouette smiles wanly,”If I were to do that to someone, I would be counting on the new hires to have already departed rather than the delay that might see the former party to have still been hired.”

Turning as Alkanar moves to the door Silhouette says over her shoulder as she rests the white bone stave in her arm like a guard’s polearm she says,”My counter. We six do the one-thirty deal, but after we show you the concern unwarranted with our secure delivery and return to Llorn for our pay, you guarantee a second job starting at our choosing of fair earnings for whatever task at hand with the addition of the difference of the one-sixty we agreed to before as down payment so long as any one of us shows up for the second job.” Tipping her head sideways as a nod visible from the back of her head she says,”Gives you a warming up period to trust us and ourselves guaranteed work after proving are capacity.” Silhouette thinks,”And ourselves vindication that we’ll be assailed on the road, preservation of everyone's pride here, and most importantly no further delays to getting to Wisdom.” Silhouette alters the offer and adds as she says,"Or instead of the job latter and down payment, the difference between deals now as material support in kind to help us get your delivery to the mountains. Stock is cheaper than coin after all, though horses and the like would help more."

Silhouette pauses at the door with her chin tucked down and head turned toward the Alchemist waiting for an answer. If the Alchemist doesn’t go for that Silhouette will simply walk out in silence.
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 172/172 | I.S.P.: 59/59 | H.P.: 47/47 | S.D.C.:65/65
Conditions:Sixth Sense, Recognize various magics(see O.O.C. special abilities)
Armor: Studded Leather (AR13 / 38/38 SDC (-5% mobility)
Weapon: In-Hand: Bow. On person: Silver dagger & two dwarven daggers in sheath at belt, 2x throwing inside wrist armor/2x throwing in boots & 36 arrows on back.
Image
User avatar
Ya-Blik
Dimension Master
Posts: 211
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:56 am
Location: Palladium Fantasy GM & DM

Re: Delivery? No it's Digiorro

Post by Ya-Blik »

Date: 21 September, 345
Time: 1012
Environment: Clear Skies
Location: Market District -- Myfflin's Mystic Marvels




The Wolfen's hackles raised, Alkanar declares, "There are threats making themselves known to your package and all you can do is fixate on my recent misfortunes? So be it. I have no desire to continue business relations with, much less risk my life for, someone that is going to be dismissive and reductive. Good day, Myfflin." He then promptly turns and leaves, finding himself out on the street quite alone in short order and once more the recipient of guarded not-too-trusting gazes of the City's common residents.

Silhouette attempts a graceful exit while also seeking to complain about Alwin having received easy assistance from Myfflin while once more claiming that her quartet are being actively targeted as the 'more dangerous and significant threat' to parties interested in the Alchemist's shipment. The result comes across as a thinly veiled complaint which could also be a backhanded insult, if one were to believe that when Silhouette and Co. were waylaid their 'unknown assailant(s)' did so with the intention of delaying or precluding this particular quartet from being present to safeguard said shipment (an incomplete hypothetical which relies on either the omniscience or extraordinary clairvoyance of an unknown of adverse party with apparent knowledge of the nature and value of a cargo that none of Silhouette, Azure, Alkanar, Ramsis, Alwin, or Goram possess), and knowledge of who would be hired as alternatives. This also appears to be laid upon the tenuous speculation that Alkanar was targetted days prior because he would eventually join up with this party.

Turning upon her heel Silhouette stops short of the courtyard to expound further while pointedly not looking at the Alchemist, ”My counter. We six do the 130 deal, but after we show you the concern unwarranted with our secure delivery and return to Llorn for our pay, you guarantee a second job starting at our choosing of fair earnings for whatever task at hand with the addition of the difference of the 160 we agreed to before as down payment so long as any one of us shows up for the second job ... Gives you a warming up period to trust us and ourselves guaranteed work after proving are capacity ... Or instead of the job latter and down payment, the difference between deals now as material support in kind to help us get your delivery to the mountains. Stock is cheaper than coin after all, though horses and the like would help more."

Alwin and Azure can see Myfflin roll his eyes in exasperation and Alwin is reminded of a time his father place a man on a spit-roast over the fire for falling asleep on watch, "Last and Final. Party of 6, those being the 6 of you here this morning, 130,000 gold for timely delivery, and 12 healing potions. Payment is being made by the recipient upon timely delivery, not upon return."

OOC: Alwin and Goram, your exchange was predicated on response to a comment that never triggers, so you are still present.

Butcher's Bill:
Alkanar:
Azure: -2 SDC, - 8 ISP, Mind Block
Ramsis:
Silhouette: -18 PPE
Alwin:
Goram:


What are you doing?
User avatar
Alwin
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:54 am

Re: Delivery? No it's Digiorro

Post by Alwin »

Perception Bonus: 31% (3%) 1d100: [71] = 71
JIC: 1d100: [1] = 1 , 1d20: [7] = 7


Alwin listens as the human girl finally speaks and makes and offer...

Silhouette wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:48 am “For the sleep, if I was wanted to take your goods, I would put to sleep the stronger guards to delay or cast doubt so that you would hire the weaker of two choices… That is what I would do if I wanted to improve my chances of stealing your cargo on the road.” Silhouette smiles wanly,”If I were to do that to someone, I would be counting on the new hires to have already departed rather than the delay that might see the former party to have still been hired.”


Did this little trollip just accuse Goran and I of assaulting them to remove the stronger asset? The conniving audacity of the human race never ceases to amaze me. I will have to keep a keen eye on this one if the alchemist actually accepts and we are working together. Alwin huffs in contempt at the comment, who let wench speak anyway. Alwin looks incredulously around from person to person to see if anyone is going to protest her speaking. Shaking his head, She should know her place. We are not in a house of her fragile kind.

Alwin stays silent knowing his current emotional state would show and ruin the face he is trying to put on for the alchemist. We do not have time for this. Amazing. She clings to hope in desperation trying to scratch some pathetic extra bit of morsel from the deal. He takes a deep breath in an attempt to calm his inner thoughts, Calm yourself Alwin, her boldness may serve you yet. The full 130 is indeed better than 27 to share.

Alwin listens on as the Alchemist responds...

Ya-Blik wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:20 am Alwin and Azure can see Myfflin roll his eyes in exasperation and Alwin is reminded of a time his father place a man on a spit-roast over the fire for falling asleep on watch, "Last and Final. Party of 6, those being the 6 of you here this morning, 130,000 gold for timely delivery, and 12 healing potions. Payment is being made by the recipient upon timely delivery, not upon return."


Alwins eyes open wide at the site of the Alchemist, I have seen that look before. Poor Tamlin... he screamed for hours. Alwin winces at the thought, father instructed the others to roast him just high enough from the fire so he would not numb for a long time. He closes his eyes for a brief second reliving the memory. Shaking his head and opening his eyes he looks to Silhouette to gauge her response, It is more... Granted, not what he offered originally but better than he offered Goram and myself. Alwin ponders the thought of how low of an offer they had actually accepted, robbery. All around. But without options... little choice. Just remember... and get even later.

Alwin turns to the 4 others. Focusing his eyes more in the direction of the ogre and the wolfen he asks, "We can do this quickly and be done with it. I don't know if you have many options, but we do not." Alwin gestures to Goram and himself.
Post Reply

Return to “Fantasy Adventures”