Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Underguard
Game Master

Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Underguard »

Conditions wrote:Location: GIRLS Hanger, Merctown
Time/Date: 08:00:00 AM; December 29th, 111PA
Environmental Conditions: 33°F (0°C); Light rain overnight has left the air and ground damp with a strong enough breeze that it carries the cold outside into any open windows or doors. Cloud cover outside as far as the eye can see.
The GIRLS night out went well into the night and even trespassed into the early morning hours. The GIRLS returned to their hanger somewhere between 1 and 2 AM in the morning, full of food and drink and ready to sleep the night away. The night passes without a hitch, most, if not all of the GIRLS sleep soundly as their long day of shopping and celebrating has finally ended. At least for the moment, the GIRLS find solace in resting without being under duress.

Some of the GIRLS are up earlier than others, be it morning meditation, some form of insomnia due to drugs or any number of reasons. Amber, being one of those who requires little to no sleep outside of her meditations, finds herself leaving her room at around 0630 in the morning. As she opens her door, she is met with a cold air from the rest of the hanger letting her know the outside is likely colder. Remembering their new android companion and her unease about it being with them, Amber feels the slight need to walk the hanger. This unease is not unfounded, if not wholly reinforced, for when she exits her room, she sees the android's silhouette standing in the open doorway to the Hanger and Hallway, almost eliciting a jump out of the lantean woman. The android turns its head and nods to her, acting as though it was waiting for any one of the GIRLS to exit.

"Good morning, Amber. The Creator wishes to speak to your team at 0800 local time. Please rouse your companions and properly nourish yourselves. I will be in the conference room." It says in a smooth and steady voice before turning and leaving the hallway before she even has a chance to really respond, its strides impressively silent. Amber can't be sure, but she could guess the Android has been standing for anywhere between 15 minutes to several hours. Feeling rather perturbed by the way it was just standing there when she exited her room, Amber can make the rounds and ensure everyone is awake, even going so far as to inform each of them about how creepy or odd the android was.

The GIRLS have about an hour and a half to get ready, eat, shower and do whatever they need to do before the predetermined time of their new employer. Looking around the hanger, as some may be paranoid enough to do so, shows nothing has been moved in the slightest. Something odd the GIRLS do notice is that the window their former quarry had broken through earlier has been patched with cardboard and tape. Nothing fancy, but it seems the android at least sealed the window overnight or perhaps while they were out eating.

When the GIRLS make their way to the conference room at around 0800, they find the Android standing in an at ease position at one of the ends of the table. It doesn't acknowledge them as they enter, even if it is greeted, as if on standby. When the last person takes their seat, it shifts from its position and stands fully upright. Everyone can see its left eye flash blue several times before solidifying in a blue hue as it projects the image of the True Naruni onto the center of the table.

"Good morning, ladies. I do hope you had a pleasant night, and I am looking forward to continuing our talks about our contract and expectations." He begins. "First, I will explain what I am going to do for you. Each mission I provide you will have a completion payout of 8 million; that is one million to each of you and one to your slush fund. In addition to that, certain tasks may have bonuses to them depending on how successful you are. I will not cut into the initial payout amount, that is a guarantee upon completion." He begins, and he can be seen reclining in a chair as his image rotates. "Secondly, I have already begun filtering your names to a few contacts of mine discretely, who, when able, will provide additional job opportunities outside of my own interests. My interests must take priority, but I understand that they need not always be the priority. These opportunities will increase as your tenure with me increases." The Naruni pauses for a moment and nods his head before adding. "That being said, understand this. I am a generous employer and a ruthless enemy. Please do not make me your enemy; so long as you maintain my interests, you will have free reign to do what you wish." The Naruni adds.

"Now, I do have a couple different interests that need attention, in no particular order. First and foremost, the Uteni that initially contracted the one you knew as Harkin must be found and brought to me; alive, preferably. He is a former employee who attempted to steal my designs and market them for his own benefit. Theft of intellectual property is a capital crime in my organization, and generally frowned upon everywhere within the Megaverse. Eight can give you all the information I have on him; I understand that his capture may take time but he must be captured soon. Right now, I do believe he is located within the greater region of North America, close by your current city." The Naruni states. "The second point of interest; I have a lab located in another part of your planet. Formerly known as South America, I believe. It has gone silent and was conducting essential research. Right now, your group is in a better position than I am to investigate. I can help arrange transportation should you require it, I understand it to be far for you. This must be investigated soon as well, and may well have something to do with my former employee." The Naruni finishes.

He'll wait a moment for everyone to process what he has said and can be seen clasping his palms together. "Eight will accompany you to the facility as it possesses codes required to access it. It is also an adept combat model and can be directed in combat with a high degree of efficiency; it can go into further detail on it's abilities." The Naruni briefly explains regarding the android before adding "If there are any thoughts or questions, speak now. I am not always available."

GM Note: You are encouraged to describe your return from the restaurant, your morning after and then the response to the rest of this post.
AA Professional Services GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Exe (PW GA) || EP Ledger
ImageImage
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
Amber Dach

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Amber Dach »

Perception: 36% = 1d100 = 11: 11%
JIC: 1d20 = 17: 17 / 1d100 = 93: 93%

[ooc=Constant/Active Conditions]Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense: Range 180’
Sense Supernatural Evil & Sense Magic Energy: Range 300’
Sense the Presence of Vampires and Vampire Intelligences: Range 1000' radius
Sense Rifts and Ley Lines: Senses Ley Lines up to 5 miles away, a nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away.
[/ooc]
Arriving Back from Restaurant
Arriving back at the Hanger Amber helps anyone that seems to be suffering from the effects of too much alcohol to their rooms. She strips off her dress hangs it up and pulls on some sweats before heads to the bathroom to brush her teeth and wash up. She walks into the Balcony Lounge and finds a quiet corner to go through some Moon Salutations to unwind before bed. Her mind is more at ease she goes back to her room, undresses, turns of the lights and climbs into bed. She drifts off into a peaceful sleep after a few minutes.

Morning
Amber awakens with a start. For a moment she is unaware of where she is upon waking up in a strange room. She quickly becomes aware of her surroundings. This wasn’t a dream, girl. This is home for a while. She rubs the sleep from her eyes and pulls on some yoga pants and a shirt. I don't trust that.. thing. I had better see where it is now. She exits her room quietly to avoid waking the other GIRLS.

“Μπάσταρδος!” She swears softly as she notices the android turn its head and nod to her from the doorway. Fricking thing! I’m wide awake now if I wasn't before!
Underguard wrote:"Good morning, Amber. The Creator wishes to speak to your team at 0800 local time. Please rouse your companions and properly nourish yourselves. I will be in the conference room." It says in a smooth and steady voice before turning and leaving the hallway before she even has a chance to really respond, its strides impressively silent. Amber can't be sure, but she could guess the Android has been standing for anywhere between 15 minutes to several hours. Feeling rather perturbed by the way it was just standing there when she exited her room, Amber can make the rounds and ensure everyone is awake, even going so far as to inform each of them about how creepy or odd the android was.
With Unit 8 disappearing as quickly as it appeared, she suppresses a shiver. Damn that thing creeps me out. She begins knocking on doors to awaken everyone starting with Jez. Once Jez answers the door, “Sorry to wake you Jez. Our new ‘friend’ Unit 8 had a message to pass on when I exited my room just now. It was just lurking over there. It startled me actually. It could have been there half the night for all I know.” She gestures to where it was standing. “Anyway, it had a message. It says the ‘Creator’ needs to speak with us at 0800 local. It told me to wake everyone up and have breakfast and that it would await us in the conference room.” She waits for any questions Jez has and tells her. “That’s all it said. I’ll start waking the rest of the GIRLS up.” Unless Jez wants her to do something else, she will move on to the next door and wake each person and tell them same information she told Jez.

Once she has completed waking everyone up, she heads to the bathroom and has a quick wash before breakfast. Finishing in the bathroom she proceeds to the Balcony Lounge. I have a feeling this is going to be a busy day, better start it off a bit of stretch. She finds an open corner and runs through some Sun Salutations for about 10 minutes to ready herself for the day. Once her stretches are done, she heads to the kitchen and offers to give Analoy a hand with breakfast if she wants it. (OOC - assuming that Analoy is cooking breakfast.)

Once breakfast is ready, she takes a seat at the table but isn't too talkative this morning. She tries to enjoy breakfast, but the anticipation of what the ‘Creator’ has in mind for them has her stomach in knots. She does offer to help with the cleanup and then heads for a quick shower and dresses before the meeting.

Meeting
Amber takes a seat at the back of the room and listens to the ‘Creator’s’ job assignment. Her eyes widen at the mention of the pay scale offered for completion of assignments for the Naruni. I’m not in this for the money, but damn, that is a lot of money! I could do some real good with that! He probably thinks to buy our loyalty. Too bad I can't be bought by the likes of him.

The first job that the Naruni assigns them brings a taste of disgust to her. I really don’t want to turn over anyone to his tender mercies after seeing his work back in the Outskirts. She keeps her face as neutral as possible while he describes the task though to avoid giving away her inner feelings. The second task interests her more. I’m sure his research lab is probably doing some kind of sinister research. At least it will allow me to see someplace new and hopefully interesting.

She clears her throat before she speaks, “So I have a few questions. What does soon mean? Next week? Three months from now? A year? Amber waits for an answer before asking her next question. "Okay, which one is your priority then? Your traitor or your lab?” She listens to his answer again before continuing with more questions. “So you said Unit 8 has the details on the Uteni, so we can figure that out. You mentioned he is located near here so that doesn't present the same issues as the lab does. From what little I know, I understand South America is a pretty big place. Where is this lab located? I would also like some general information on the area we are going to be travelling to. You know, a general lay of the land kind of thing. Things like, what language do the locals speak? Are there even locals in the area? Are they hostile to outsiders? That kind of thing. The more intel we have going in, the better the chance of success.”
Amber Dach

Current Conditions
Conditions
P.P.E.: 23/33
I.S.P.: 148/150
H.P.: 33/33
S.D.C.: 87/87

Crystal Deflector Gauntlet: 13/15 melee round charges remaining

Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Susan Lee »

Perception: 1d100 = 21: 21 / 38%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 11: 11 / 1d100 = 95: 95

Susan steps out of the cab and finds the spybot doing whatever the spybot is doing. "Hello, Spybot," she says. "Do you prefer Go or Chess?"

Whatever it answers, she nods and asks, "And what do you think of your Naruni creator?"

When it's done answering the second question, she goes upstairs and looks at the remains of her broken lab, caressing the case of new equipment that was delivered. So much clean up for no purpose. We solved the 'riddle' in spite of this and spent its own money to repurchase these supplies... Dick.

Susan walks back down to the warehouse and opens the crate containing the drones from Northern Gun. Half activating them, she leads them back upstairs for initial orientation. "Come babies. Mama needs to teach you manners." She darts a glance at the spybot.

Working through the night (since Susan can't sleep currently), she slaves the Northern Gun drones to the Drone Control Gauntlet and the version of the same installed in her Naruni modular armor. This ensures they won't accept radio/wifi directives not from those two devices, that they won't attack targets not designated through them, and that they can receive ongoing radar data from the Naruni armor.

The default without instructions is that they are in 'ready' mode, but do not attack.

EP CRIT AI OR COMPUTER PROGRAMMING

Once she's done with programming the drones, Susan attaches two of the Naruni wireless-trigger forcefields around them and slaves those devices to her Wilk's secure portable radio and Naruni armor advanced comm suite.

EP CRIT COMPUTER PROGRAMMING
It's DNA, all the way down./Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
Millicent Mayeux

Post by Millicent Mayeux »

Perception vs 56%: 1d100 = 68: 68
JIC: 1d20 = 4: 4| 1d100 = 45: 45

Morning
Millicent returns to the Hanger in good spirits. She looks like she is about to go into the hanger proper and begin tinkering with some of the vehicle sin there when she sees a clock on the wall and realizes the time. The Quick-Flex Alien will go and jump into a steaming hot shower for nearly thirty minutes before immediately crashing into her new bed. She sleeps hard, only being awaken by Amber knocking on her door and calling her name. ”Huh? Wha? Just five more… Im up! Im up!.” Its apparent Millicent managed to fall out of her bed, somehow tangled in her sheets, when she was startled awake.

When she does arise, Millicent will drearily make her way into the kitchen area, looking for coffee. Millicent will offer a weak ”Good Morning.” To Amber and anyone else she sees as she continues her hunt. While easily keeping pace with some of the heavier drinkers at the dinner last night, the accomplished alcoholic isn’t particularly hungover, simply taking a few extra steps to get into full gear. Coffee. Bloody Mary? Hmmm.

Millicent Will greet Analoy if she begins her cooking thing, refusing anything heavy for her mornings meal.

Meeting
Millicent is wearing a clean jumpsuit and little else when she arrives to the meeting room. She had spent the entire time she had before hand to find coffee and some sort of simple food: toast or bagel. She will sit cross legged in her chair, holding the mug of coffee in two hands while her toasted bread sits on a napkin in front of her.

That’s a lot of money. Millicent muses over her coffee. Do we have any whiskey I could add to this? Millicent tries to think about that bottle of whiskey she had gotten yesterday and where it currently is. We are being asked to either kidnap a dude or go a scout a facility? ”I have never kidnapped anyone, But I have assessed a few facilities that have gone dark due to Xiticix encroachment. One time it was thieves trying to strip the joint. But then they got eaten by bugs.” Millicent offers her limited experience concerning the two jobs on the table.

When the others begin also offering their opinions, Millicent will chime in once more, a little more confidently.”Amber’s concerns are warranted; time can be subjective and what is short for one person is long for another. Without any more information, Im inclined to stay in our own backyard, even with the job being an abduction.”

[ooc=Auto-Dodge JIC] 1d20+5 = 12: 7| 1d20+5 = 22: 17| 1d20+5 = 11: 6| 1d20+5 = 12: 7| 1d20+5 = 20: 15[/ooc]
Millicent Mayeux
Millicent Mayeux
  • HP:23/23
  • SDC:30/30
  • ISP:57/57
  • Helmet*: 70/70
  • R. Arm: 50/50
    • Right Forearm Housing: 60/60
      • Jumper Cables*: 2/2
      • Air Drill*: 2/2
      • Air Grinder*: 4/4
      • Air Impact Drill*: 5/5
      • Air Hammer*: 4/4
      • Vibro-Cutters*: 2/2
      • UEL Cables*: 6 each
  • L. Arm:50/50
    • Left Forearm Diagnostic Computer: 30/30
  • Main Body: 185/185
    • R. Chest Light with M.D.C. Shutters: 35/35
    • L. Chest Light with M.D.C. Shutters*: 35/35
    • Air Tank (lower back): 15/15
  • R.Leg:90/90
  • L.Leg:90/90
    • Leg Drum/Tank #1 (left, upper leg): 16/16
    • Leg Drum/Tank #2 (left, upper leg): 16/16
    • Leg Drum/Tank #3 (left, upper leg): 16/16
  • Integrated N-40A Forcefield:110/110
*=-4 to hit, called shot only.

Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Susan Lee »

ROLLS HELD

CONDITIONS: Still on boing-go.

In the morning, Susan puts her drones on standby/plugs them in for charging, puts her pick-resistant lock on the door of her room, goes into the kitchen, and pours herself a coffee.

When Amber goes around collecting everyone for the meeting, Susan winks at her and comments, "Delightful."

She does, however go down to the meeting area a few minutes early to chat again with the robot. "Good morning," she says, "I have an additional question for you. What has four wheels and flies?"

During the actual meeting, she silently observes the robot, looking for any sign of a reaction out of line with what the Naruni is saying.

We'll need to immediately warn Brooks to get his client out of this dimension. Psychic and magical means of communication should be impossible to intercept...
Conditions
Lucille Davis

Post by Lucille Davis »

Perception: 1d100 = 95: 95 / 28% (+15% for magic or machines)
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 18: 18 / 1d100 = 99: 99

Return to the Hanger
"Oooo... the lights are all fuzzy and swirly..." Lucy finds herself semi-slouched in the back of the return limo, deeply amused that no one was murdered. "Greatest night ever y'all. I luuuurrrrrvvvvv you!"

Morning
"Oh. My. Mummu. Amber, shhhhhh..." Lucy pulls the the covers over her face. "Ok ok, 08:00, yes. Yes. I'll be there." How did I get into the comfy bed? Wasn't I just in a limo? She peers out from the covers to survey her room, very pleased to see the sliver dress hanging delicately in its rightful place. Wow. ... I'm *great* drunk! Lucy's nose then informs her that she is in desperate need of a shower. Dragging herself from the bed, she manages to get to the shower and recover some shreds of dignity.

Whenever she walks by the conference room and spots Eight, she stops and looks it up and down. "So which of our supplies have you sabotaged?" She takes its response in stride.

Meeting
Lucy is still a bit grossed out by the image of the Naruni, so she tries to diligently stair at the wall and think about magitech radio prototyping. The first job sounds simple enough. And rules are rules I guess... though she also hates to think of what kind of flayed mess this poor sod. Hope boss Jez can think of a way to navigate this one.

The second job causes Lucy to perk up a bit. South America? Travel! She's never been south of Merctown, so this sounds exciting! And maybe less likely to get someone flayed? A girl can hope. "Question!" she volunteers when the Naruni mentions transportation. "Are we talking plane? Teleporter? Tech-only teleporter???" Could there even be such a thing? I want to see the world, but Mummu! I want to see a tech-only teleporter too!!
Lucille Davis / Ledger
[ooc=Current Status]Edit
S.D.C.: 29/29
H.P.: 25/25
P.P.E.: 70/131
I.S.P.: 12/22
Armor M.D.C.: 42/32 (+10 to the chest and neck area)[/ooc]Image
Jezebel
Group Leader

Post by Jezebel »

Perception: 74% / 1d100 = 4: 4
JIC: 1d20 = 3: 3 / 1d100 = 79: 79
Conditions: Critical strike on 18-20, K.O. on N20, Energy Resistance, Optic Glasses worn, N-F50A active

Return from Restaurant
Jez returns with the other GIRLS via limousine, waves the driver a good night after tipping him, and glares at the eyesore of a patch that still needs repairing on the hangar. Should have torn your arm off and beaten you to death with it for breaking our window, assassin-droid. You got off easy with a vap'd chest cavity. She spots the android spy standing outside the hangar and squints in resentment. You and your master's days are numbered, spy. Like a car changing gears, Jezebel's slinking, graceful pace changes into a swift, efficient stride as they return to the hangar. "Okay, girls, get some sleep. Fresh start to the day in the morning." Jez strides past the spybot without acknowledging its existence and up to her room where she strips down to her small clothes, grabs her hygiene kit, struts across place nearly naked on her way to the showers, cleans herself up, and returns to her room to grab some shut-eye.

Morning
Jez rises as the dawn's early light begins to sneak its way into her room. Squinting against the painful illumination, she gets her optics on before getting into a set of her new coverall fatigues, zips them up, and stealthily, silently on the pads of her bare feet makes her way to the hangar floor. She stretches for fifteen minutes, getting all her muscles limbered up, then slips into body weight exercises to warm up for another fifteen minutes. Finally beginning to feel awake, she makes her way to Bertha, leaps up to its rail gun arm, merges with the vehicle, and has it create an acrobatic gym with its limbs and digits. She spends another fifteen minutes going through an acrobatic routine using Bertha's gun and claw fingers for bars, and generally attempting to challenge her flexibility and balance through strenuous exercise under unusual and incongruous conditions. She finishes off by free-climbing up the height of Bertha with her bare hands and feet. Once she's made at least a half dozen ascents from different angles, she makes her way to the shower to quickly clean-up again before making her way to the common space to brew up some of what this planet's inhabitants--That means you now, stupid. When you gonna realize this is home and put down roots? Stop thinking of these people as 'others' and start thinking of them as family?--use as they've never experienced the tangy bitterness of the caff root from the continent of Iblis on Arismal. And they never will. That continent is space debris along with everything else.

Briefing
Underguard wrote:"Now, I do have a couple different interests that need attention, in no particular order. First and foremost, the Uteni that initially contracted the one you knew as Harkin must be found and brought to me; alive, preferably. He is a former employee who attempted to steal my designs and market them for his own benefit. Theft of intellectual property is a capital crime in my organization, and generally frowned upon everywhere within the Megaverse. Eight can give you all the information I have on him; I understand that his capture may take time but he must be captured soon. Right now, I do believe he is located within the greater region of North America, close by your current city."
Jez simply nods. "A manhunt. Simple enough, and right up our alley."
Underguard wrote:"The second point of interest; I have a lab located in another part of your planet. Formerly known as South America, I believe. It has gone silent and was conducting essential research. Right now, your group is in a better position than I am to investigate. I can help arrange transportation should you require it, I understand it to be far for you. This must be investigated soon as well, and may well have something to do with my former employee."
Jez watches her teammates respond to statements of their "employer" and smiles. These bitches seem to wanna think for themselves. A smile spreads across her face despite her best efforts to restrain such. When the Naruni mentions South America, Jez audibly groans and looks to Susan. "Stock up on water filtration units, insect repellents, hydrocarbon fuels, and anti-viral medications." She looks around at the rest, "That place, especially Cold Lumbia, is a frakking death trap of heat, damp, and disease."
Underguard wrote:"Eight will accompany you to the facility as it possesses codes required to access it. It is also an adept combat model and can be directed in combat with a high degree of efficiency; it can go into further detail on it's abilities." The Naruni briefly explains regarding the android before adding "If there are any thoughts or questions, speak now. I am not always available."
Jez shakes her head. "No." She stands up from her seat and faces the holo-projection. "We require the pass codes as well. I am not balancing the lives of my team and the success of the operation against the hope that your android remains intact in South America." She puffs herself up and leans in close to the holographic Naruni. "Have you ever spent time down there? The place is a gorram graveyard for technology." She leans back like a peace-maker, "Oh, I love your fancy equipment, I find it's on par or better than anything I've ever used before." She leans back in and practically pokes the Naruni in his holographic chest. "And it will FAIL in that environment. Not quickly, not easily, but it will fail." The last three words she punctuates with heavy stress. She looks then to Milly, "Just properly maintaining gear in that environment is gonna be a full time job for you, so we're gonna need your skills and elbow grease more than you or this Naruni know."
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 67
S.D.C.: 133/133
P.T.P.: 1600/1600
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)
Megan Price

Post by Megan Price »

Perception: 1d100 = 65: 65/66% (+15% when either Multi-Optic Eyes or Amplified Hearing are active, +30% when both are active)
Just In Case: 1d100 = 96: 96/ 1d20 = 13: 13
Constant Effects: Sound Filtration System, Universal Head-Jack
Current Effects, Other:

Return to the Hangar
The night winding down, Megan finds herself yawning far more often and feeling more tired than she'd be used at this time of night. While no stranger to drinking alcohol, neither is she used to consuming as much in a single sitting as she had this evening. Looking up the stairs, she drunkenly thinks about using the grapnel launcher to drag her body up the flight of stairs for several moments before realizing that if she wanted to avoid ruining the tuxedo that Jez had bought her, she would have to remove the jacket at the very least, a proposition that felt like more work than she was willing to put the effort into, so instead she staggers up the stairs, steadying herself with the hand rail, setting an alarm for 7 am before falling asleep on top of the covers still dressed in her evening wear.

Morning
Her alarms goes off and by the time she is able to pick her head up off of the bed, she sees her clock reading 7:13. The realization that she had slept in her clothes from last night makes her abruptly sit up, and immediately regretting having done so as the room begins to spin like a carnival ride. While not quite completely hungover, Megan is certainly worse for the wear that morning. She spends the next couple of minutes getting out of the tux and fishing out a simple pair of sweat pants and shirt to slip into before leaving her room to go take a shower. The hot water running down her body helps finish waking her up back to her senses, if only for the next couple of hours at least if that. After she finishes in the shower, she towels off quickly and heads to the kitchen area where she makes herself a glass of orange juice and grabs a couple of plain bagels to eat during the briefing.

Briefing
Megan's eyebrows threaten to jump off of her head as the Naruni informs them that their pay per mission will be $1 million plus bonuses. Her mind is reeling over the implications that in a couple of missions she could have the possibility of being able to afford a contract to rescue her parents or her uncle and brother when the Naruni mentions wanting to question the one who contracted Harkin who sub-contracted them. She takes a long draw of her orange juice to hide her facial expressions, not liking the idea of basically double crossing an employer who, for all appearances, didn't seem to not have deserved that. The next surprise during the briefing was that they would need to travel to South America. "Lucille makes an excellent point. How are we going to get there? Because some of our equipment if too large to transport via traditional methods." Megan asks.
Megan Price
HP: 21/21
SDC: 45/45
PA-09-AVT Bandito "Wild Weasel" SAMAS MB: 286/320
Wilk's 1000 Pulse Laser Cannon Shots: 240/240
ImageImage
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Analoy »

Percep: 58%= 1d100 = 20: 20
JIC: 1d20 = 18: 18 1d100 = 97: 97

Return to the Hangar

Analoy enjoys the limo ride back to the base, grinning lightly at the girls that have over indulged. Climbing out of the limo, she helps any that might need it and then heads to her room. She hangs her fancy dress up and makes sure her shoes are clean before putting them back in their box and shelving them in the closet. Frak, I kinda want to watch a movie or something, but tomorrow is going to come early. Especially if I want to get a good workout in. Following her better judgement, Analoy washes up a little then crawls into bed for the night.

The Morning

Making an early start of it, Analoy is up and out around seven. Heading down to the hangar, she stretches out then runs a few laps around the perimeter of the large space. Breaking it up from time to time with a set of sprints across the room and back. After about an hour, Analoy makes her way to the kitchen. Talking to herself, she says, "After that meal last night, I'm betting we all need something light. Lets see how far fruit and yogurt will go with the girls." She spends the next little while slicing up grapefruit, apples, bananas, and pears, as well as a few cucumbers. Utilizing the trays again, Analoy sets out the fruit and yogurt so the girls can grab from it as the filter in.

When told about the meeting, Analoy washes up and goes to change, musing as she does so, If the spy bot is so damn smart maybe he'll side with us if we treat it right. You know, I think I'm gonna start calling him Edison and invite him along on some mundane trips through the city.

The Meeting

Analoy listen along to the meeting quietly as the True Naruni babbles along. When the monster of a man is finished, she listens to a couple of the GIRLS start to ask some questions. "Yes, I believe that the biggest questions are going to be; What time frame are we looking at? And; Will any transportation be provided? To the South American settlement that is?"
Analoy Landie
Current Details
P.P.E.: 227/227
M.D.C.: 196/196
Charm/Impress: 20%

Millicent Mayeux

[Rolls Held]

Millicent sips on her coffee as she listens to others voice their opinions on the topics raised by their would-be employer. As she nibbles on her bagel, Millicent will scribble on her notepad before raising it so Jezebel can see what's on it, but presumably not the Naruni. The note is simple reading '9-10 Mil per?'

When there is a lull on her teammates voices, Millicent will ask about one last perk that had been on her mind. "So, considering your-" Millicent motions to her chin and jaw line before stroking imaginary tentacles. "-And your-" The Operator motions wide around her and then up above her, physically indicating the aliens girth and size. "-Does this business arrangement include any form of preferred customer discount or access to private stock at your..." Millicent trails off, sipping her coffee. "...Companies local store? Maybe a catalogue we could order off-world tech from?" Millicent finishes, hoping for a Naruni Platinum Card granting access to all sorts of private stock and discounts. If we can get access to some of the tech the aliens never sell here on earth, we could really have some fun. Millicent knew the Naruni kept their best stuff for their off world markets. She had no idea exactly that stuff was, but as a NGR 'Bot mechanic she had her dreams.
Millicent Mayeux
Millicent Mayeux

Underguard
Game Master

Post by Underguard »

Time/Date: 08:10:00 AM (About 10 minutes have passed); December 29th, 111PA
Environmental Conditions: 33°F (0°C); Light rain overnight has left the air and ground damp with a strong enough breeze that it carries the cold outside into any open windows or doors. Cloud cover outside as far as the eye can see.
[Prior to the meeting; return to the Hanger]

The android acknowledges both of Susan's random questions with a polite and smooth smile. "I do not play games; though I am fond of chess in application." It says. "The creator is most benevolent when he is pleased; former associates feel his ire when they disappoint." It adds before Susan walks off. Susan then spends the night effectively programming the drones and her other tech. Everyone else's night and subsequent morning goes as intended.

[Meeting]

As everyone fields their questions to the Naruni, he clasps his hands together and nods. "The, manhunt, as you put it, is my priority only because of the damage he can cause to Naruni Enterprises. That said, finding him will be a challenge as he has eluded even my assets thus far, I had to force his hand to get him to trip up. I would need him found and captured within half a year to prevent irreparable damage, the sooner you do, I'll add more to your pay." He explains and glances around.

"Regarding the facility, it went offline within the past week and could be a form of retaliation from my associate. That would be where I recommend you start, determining how it went offline may lead to more information. Soon is a variable term, I would need you to investigate its status within the month." The Naruni states and turns its head to Jez. "As for the passcodes, I do understand your concern regarding technology and its limits and will have Eight disclose those to you as well; Eight accompanying you to the facility is not-negotiable, however. It's located deep within the Rain Forest of a former land called Brazil, I believe. Near Manoa. I do not know much about the lay of land myself as I usually have a direct means of transport there." He explains, and can even be heard laughing slightly at Lucille's over-eagerness before rolling his shoulders. "There is such a device I use to travel there, that is currently offline. Restoring the facility, and that piece of technology will not only allow me to reinforce it but potentially introduce you to a far wider realm once these two issues are resolved." He adds, turning to Megan with a nod. "I can arrange for passage on a flight transport that can house everything save the largest of personal vehicles, should the facility come back online, I can transport you back much more efficiently." It finishes. Turning to Millicent, he nods his head slightly. "There are still contractual agreements that prevent the sale of certain items on your planet via official means, but the facility coming back online opens many doors for you. My influence does extend to the storefronts on your planet so long as discretion is used." He finishes, opening his palms as he looks across the table, his hologram rotating slowly as Eight remains completely motionless and indifferent throughout the conversation.

"Going back to the 'manhunt'. I understand reservations some of you may have about hunting someone down you do not know but understand that no one is innocent. I have done morally and ethically questionable things myself in the past and paid consequences for them. As a mercenary company, I should hope you are capable of putting aside personal feelings to complete the mission at hand. If you cannot do so, tell me now." It states. As it finishes its sentence, Analoy, Megan, Susan, Amber and Jez all note the android shift its posture slightly. Jez specifically sees the right eye of the android cycle between everyone at the table, as if studying their response.
ImageImage
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
Millicent Mayeux

Perception vs 56%: 1d100 = 89: 89
JIC: 1d20 = 12: 12| 1d100 = 76: 76

Millicent does some rough numbers in her head as she finishes her snack, sipping the steaming coffee from her mug to wash it down. I do not know if I will have time to get to all the girls’ armour and weapons… I really wanted to play with the Weasel…

The Operator will talk to her team, ignoring the Naruni for the meantime. ”I have not really traveled much. Not far enough to compare to a trip to Brazil. How long are we looking to allocate to travel time? A week? Two?” Millicent pauses to sip her coffee. ”If we are to secure the facility within a month, then that gives us, what? A week, two tops to prep?” Millicent’s brain tries to work the problems she can help fix. ”I could get us all on hover or jet bikes in that time. Or something bigger, we could all ride in? I really wanted to optimize the squads weapons and armor, but focusing on transport seems like it might be a necessity.” A though occurs to Millicent. ”If we are going to be teleported back to Merctown, maybe some older, more disposable bikes for a one-way trip?”

To the GIRLS employer, Millicent will ask: ”I am assuming you have blueprints of the facility along with an inventory to the sites security measures. An employee list, along with any more information concerning the target would aid us in securing it without ruining anything of value.” Five bikes? Yeah, five seems an appropriate number. Even with gas we could get some distance for some disposable rides, assuming the majority of travel distance is covered by the alien.

[ooc=Auto-Dodge JIC] 1d20+5 = 19: 14| 1d20+5 = 18: 13| 1d20+5 = 6: 1| 1d20+5 = 16: 11| 1d20+5 = 17: 12[/ooc]
Millicent Mayeux
Millicent Mayeux

Amber Dach

Post by Amber Dach »

Perception: 36% = 1d100 = 75: 75%
JIC: 1d20 = 4: 4 / 1d100 = 24: 24%

[ooc=Skills Rolls]Intelligence 49% / [ 1d100 = 15: 15% (to learn what she can about the job and the Naruni)
Undercover Ops: 30% / 1d100 = 51: 51 (to try to keep her displeasure of the ‘Manhunt’ job to herself)
Lore: Magic (general knowledge): 40% / 1d100 = 25: 25% (to figure out what the Naruni could be using to travel with)
Lore: Dimensions 45% = 1d100 = 7: 7 (to figure out what the Naruni could be using to travel with)[/ooc]
Sense Rifts and Ley Lines: Senses Ley Lines up to 5 miles away, a nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away.
[/ooc]
Amber keeps her expression as neutral as possible as the True Naruni speaks, trying to absorb everything he says and does as she wants as much information as possible about their new employer. She studies his gestures and mannerisms as he speaks and also looks for any clues to where the Naruni may be located.
Underguard wrote:"There is such a device I use to travel there, that is currently offline. Restoring the facility, and that piece of technology will not only allow me to reinforce it but potentially introduce you to a far wider realm once these two issues are resolved."
Amber raises an eyebrow at this statement. Does he have access to a dimensional pyramid in this… Manoa? I can’t see one of our Stone Masters building one for him. The Splugorth have that tech, but they wouldn’t willingly give them access to one, they are fierce competitors. She mentally shrugs. I guess we will find out when we get there.
Underguard wrote:"Going back to the 'manhunt'. I understand reservations some of you may have about hunting someone down you do not know but understand that no one is innocent. I have done morally and ethically questionable things myself in the past and paid consequences for them. As a mercenary company, I should hope you are capable of putting aside personal feelings to complete the mission at hand. If you cannot do so, tell me now." It states. As it finishes its sentence, Analoy, Megan, Susan, Amber and Jez all note the android shift its posture slightly. Jez specifically sees the right eye of the android cycle between everyone at the table, as if studying their response.
Amber notices Eight’s eye cycle around at everyone to see their reaction to the mission they have been assigned. Okay, play it cool. If this allows us to get closer to the bastard to bring him down, it will be worth it in the long run. “I’ll be honest, I’m not happy about it, but I will do it.” She hesitates a second before adding, “I’m still getting used to the mercenary life.” She says a little sheepishly.
Millicent wrote:The Operator will talk to her team, ignoring the Naruni for the meantime. "I have not really travelled much. Not far enough to compare to a trip to Brazil. How long are we looking to allocate to travel time? A week? Two?” Millicent pauses to sip her coffee. “If we are to secure the facility within a month, then that gives us, what? A week, two tops to prep?”
Amber shrugs, “I have no idea. I haven't been there before. I would assume that it won't take that long to get there if we are going by air.”
Amber Dach

Current Conditions
Conditions

Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Analoy »

Percep: 58%= 1d100 = 4: 4
JIC: 1d20 = 16: 16 1d100 = 58: 58

Analoy takes the Naruni's briefing in stride stating, "This seems a pretty standard affair." Aside from our squid-faced employer She reiterates the mission, ticking items off on her fingers and using broad terms so that the more morally strict might have an easier time excepting the tasks at hand. "Find the thief. Restore the site. You believe the thief and the site going down are related. Transport will be provided to the area. And compensation is as listed." Analoy seems fairly non-nonchalant about the whole set up, though she does quirk an eyebrow when the Naruni speaks of introducing them to a wider realm.

When the others start rattling off questions and concerns, Analoy seems to pay a little closer attention, I did not realized this but I'm use to K'Sarlex knowing my abilities and providing me with the appropriate level of information for the task at hand. This is quite a new feeling. All the GIRLS seem concerned with the Naruni level of honesty. I really need to learn to ask more questions. For now, Analoy sits up and appears to be paying better attention to what the Naruni says as well as what and how the girls are asking questions.

Analoy shrugs at the mention of personal feelings. I only have a small list of things that will cause me to squash a mission. K'Sarlex knows this and never asked anything of me that he knew I would refuse. I never even thought about someone asking me to do something I might smite them for. She looks around at the other girls, realizing for the first time that these women have their own set of personal rules and that even this simple mission might conflict with some of them. She spots the android giving the girls the same appraisal, though she knows its for different reasons. Is he prepared to try and wipe us out if someone shows noncompliance? With that last thought, she tries to remain casual as she starts going over tactics for fighting the android in such close confines with all the squishy girls in the room as well.
Analoy Landie
Current Details

Jezebel
Group Leader

Post by Jezebel »

Perception: 74% / 1d100 = 13: 13
JIC: 1d20 = 11: 11 / 1d100 = 38: 38
Conditions: Critical strike on 18-20, K.O. on N20, Energy Resistance, Optic Glasses worn, N-F50A active
Squid Face wrote:The Naruni states and turns its head to Jez. "As for the passcodes, I do understand your concern regarding technology and its limits and will have Eight disclose those to you as well; Eight accompanying you to the facility is not-negotiable, however. It's located deep within the Rain Forest of a former land called Brazil, I believe. Near Manoa. I do not know much about the lay of land myself as I usually have a direct means of transport there."
Jez shrugs. "I don't really care one way or another if the tin can accompanies us, so long as we have the pass codes as well. I'll not have a single point of total mission failure. That's unacceptable." Jez keeps her expression as neutral as possible as their squid-faced employer speaks, taking in his words, mannerisms, and whatever audio or visual details can be gleaned from the environment from which he speaks which might inform where the Naruni may be physically located.
Squid Face wrote:"I can arrange for passage on a flight transport that can house everything save the largest of personal vehicles."
Jez pipes up, "My bot is twenty four feet high, around thirteen feet wide, about nine feet long, and weighs close to nineteens tons. Is that too large? It might seriously change our logistical approach if this is the case."
Milly wrote:”If we are going to be teleported back to Merctown, maybe some older, more disposable bikes for a one-way trip?”
Well the kid thinks on her toes well enough. That's good. "I don't like wasting resources unnecessarily, but there's some merit to this idea, especially if Bertha can't come with us."
Amber wrote:“I have no idea. I haven't been there before. I would assume that it won't take that long to get there if we are going by air.”
Jez responds, hoping to assuage Amber's concerns. "The trip I took last down there was via air as well. It's a rough, long flight, but certifiably brief compared to what overland travel would require, I'm sure. This world's surface is a chaotic and hostile wilderness of innumerable dangers."
Analoy wrote:"This seems a pretty standard affair. Find the thief. Restore the site. You believe the thief and the site going down are related. Transport will be provided to the area. And compensation is as listed."
Jez smiles. Concise and to the point summation. Annie would have made a fine Marine. "Aye," Jez echoes and affirms Annie's summary, "that seems to be the long and short of it. We're to apprehend a thief. That's ultimately the job. Investigating this facility is simply our first and hottest lead on picking up his trail. We'll make our logistical arrangements and leave depart Merctown within a week assuming air travel down there can be arranged in such a time frame."
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Conditions
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
Lucille Davis

Post by Lucille Davis »

Perception: 1d100 = 27: 27 / 28% (+15% for magic or machines)
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 15: 15 / 1d100 = 25: 25

Lucy's eyes go just a bit bigger. So they *do* have a non-magical teleporter! And K'zaa said it couldn't be done without techno-wizardry. She can't even start to imagine what technology would be needed to make such a system. I mean, without Lapis Lazuli, how would it balance the energies required? Seems totally impossible!

Lucy takes in the Naruni's words about mercenaries. Guess that's probably about right. Got to keep it professional. She looks over her fellow GIRLS, resting on the calming presence of Jez. She'll know what to do. She starts wishing the meeting would wrap up so she could get to work on her projects.
Lucille Davis / Ledger
[ooc=Current Status]Edit
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Susan Lee »

Perception: 1d100 = 97: 97 / 38%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 1: 1 / 1d100 = 8: 8

CONDITIONS: Still on boing-go.

This meeting is so boring! Why did we all have to be here for this? And the robot never answered my riddle!

Susan fidgets in her seat. "I suppose that if what you say is true about this person stealing from you, then apprehending him is ethically permissible. However, I would like to formally register a complaint about your previous approach to handling this matter."

I wonder if there's an HR department?

I suppose we'll need to buy supplies if we're traveling somewhere. I wonder what this South America is like? Will we have to sleep in a tent? I've never slept in a tent before...
Conditions
Megan Price

Post by Megan Price »

Perception: 1d100 = 18: 18/66% (+15% when either Multi-Optic Eyes or Amplified Hearing are active, +30% when both are active)
Just In Case: 1d100 = 71: 71/ 1d20 = 1: 1
Current Effects, Other:

Megan listens to Milicent's question of how long it would take to travel there and the other team members replying to her, adding in "Air travel is certainly fastest, but not without its own inherent dangers. But I'm assuming our employer will see to it that our transport will be sturdy and protected enough to stand up to most anticipated dangers."

Amber voices her concerns about the manhunt, to which Megan says "I'm not particularly thrilled about it either. Perhaps our employer can elaborate on why his former employee had decided to leave in the manner that he did. Maybe tell us what the files he took were concerning? Should the thief have needed to physically access the site in order to take it down?"

Megan smirks at Susan's comment about formally registering a complaint about the previous attempts to handle the situation. If Susan knewthe stories I've heard about the Naruni collecting debts, she'd realize just how human those attempts had been.
Megan Price
ImageImage
Underguard
Game Master

Post by Underguard »

Time/Date: 08:15:00 AM (About 5 minutes have passed); December 29th, 111PA
The Naruni once again waits for the field of questions to be dispersed before answering in whole. "There is a large transport vehicle that can be used on the way down; total travel time down there would be around 12-16 hours. Eight has the specifications and can disclose such specifics for onsite security and the personnel roster; for the sake of company privacy, a full inventory cannot be disclosed but do your best to not destroy any of the facility equipment itself." The Naruni states.

"Your bot would be strained to fit but ultimately it could. It would not, however, fit inside the facility as a whole. As you said, technology can be tested in the environment down there, and the lands aren't exactly known to be safe from undesirables. Such a large vehicle could attract undue attention, but that is merely my observation. I will add that mobility in the Rain Forest down there is usually a boon, so fast and maneuverable vehicles may be a better route. You can bring it should you desire." The Naruni replies to Jez regarding her bot. The Naruni seems to genuinely chuckle at Susan's remark and shrug. "Complaint duly noted; I was growing impatient. Having acquired you as my extended hand has tempered that anger, my androids can only accomplish so much." He says passively. Clasping his hands together, he nods. "It is quite simple; he was one of the lead researchers on a project for the corporation and was displeased with his compensation so he took several designs, prototypes and murdered a couple of his colleagues during his departure. He was one of the lead researchers at the facility you are investigating. He timed his departure with my own as I am often required in multiple locations; I cannot go into great detail on what he stole largely due to contractual limitations. Needless to say, it is experimental technology that has not yet hit the markets on your fair planet." He explains.

"Obligations now call me elsewhere. Eight will relay all remaining information you may have as it seems we have reached an accord. Just inform it of your plans should you desire to bring your large vehicle or several, smaller and disposable ones. Transport can be arranged with 24-hour notice. If you need to reach me personally again, inform Eight, and depending on obligations, I will contact you when able." It adds. "That being said, I look forward to seeing your results." It finishes and the transmission is cut.

The Android then shifts from its position and approaches the table. "If you have a personal data device you would like the information uploaded to, I can do so at your leisure." It requests and should one be provided, anyone can watch one of its index fingers spiderweb and connect to the device. "I can also go further into detail about my own capabilities at a time of your choosing."

I'm finishing up the maps, and will upload them on the next GM update
ImageImage
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
Amber Dach

Post by Amber Dach »

(Rolls held over)

[/ooc]
Amber nods along to the questions asked by the other GIRLS. Good questions girls! I should have thought of some of those. She is also happy to hear that Jez has been to South America before.

At the offer of adding the information to a personal data device, Amber thinks a second and shrugs. “I’ll be back in a minute.” She gets up from the table and heads to her room to get her tablet in order to have the information added to it. It had the run of the place basically all evening while we were out, if it wanted to it already has compromised the tablet anyway, she thinks as she walks upstairs. She boots the device up and returns to the meeting room and offers it to Eight to add the details of the facility. “Here you go. Add all the information on the facility and the former employee. Add the dossiers of all the personnel that are stationed at the facility. Also, a list of armaments and munitions that are in inventory for the defense force that is or was present would be helpful as well. It would be good to know what we are up against weapons wise if the facility has fallen into hostile hands.” She pauses before adding. “While you are at it, how about adding a file on your capabilities as well.”

After everything is added to her tablet Amber asks Jez. “So, what’s the plan Jez? I take it we are starting down in Manoa? You’ve been down there before. What do we need to get before we go?”
Amber Dach

Current Conditions
Conditions

Millicent Mayeux

Perception vs 56%: 1d100 = 36: 36
JIC: 1d20 = 8: 8| 1d100 = 48: 48

That is a much shorter trip than I expected. Millicent muses as the others discuss their upcoming situation. She makes a mental note to check a map or globe sometime soon and reacquaint herself with the relative distances of things, particularly South America and Brazil.

When Jez mentions her ‘bot Millicent pauses. The thought of bringing the big robot had some amount of appeal for the Operator: The majority of her own combat operations had been inside a large robot vehicle. She felt comfortable whenever a large slab of M.D.C. Armor was between her and a potential enemy. ”I’ve begun an inventory of what I can work on before our departure. I will try to get to as much of it as possible, time willing.” She pauses for a moment to finish her cup of coffee.

Turning to the robot observing them all, Millicent will ask: ”How close will your masters transport be able to get us to our target? Information on the surrounding geography, flora, fauna and locals would also be useful in securing our objective.”

Millicent silently muses on the 100 different technical issues her brain imagines for the upcoming assignment as she waits with Amber for their bosses decision on how to proceed.
Millicent Mayeux
Millicent Mayeux

Jezebel
Group Leader

Post by Jezebel »

Squidward wrote:"There is a large transport vehicle that can be used on the way down; total travel time down there would be around 12-16 hours. Eight has the specifications and can disclose such specifics for onsite security and the personnel roster; for the sake of company privacy, a full inventory cannot be disclosed but do your best to not destroy any of the facility equipment itself."
Jezebel nods along. "Well, at least we'll know the layout of the facility and have intel on it going forward. We were operating almost entirely in the blind last time. Half my crew--I wasn't leading--was lost in those damned jungles. You girls watch your asses in that mess. It's even worse than much of the wilderness up here on this continent."
Squidward wrote:"Your bot would be strained to fit but ultimately it could. It would not, however, fit inside the facility as a whole..."
Jezebel nods. "Much like last time then. Yeah, it's not gonna be worth it to drag Betha into the jungle then. We'll leave her here in the hangar."
Spybot wrote:"If you have a personal data device you would like the information uploaded to, I can do so at your leisure."
Jez hands Eight her military tablet computer. "Give me all the relevant information."
Amber Dach wrote:“So, what’s the plan Jez? I take it we are starting down in Manoa? You’ve been down there before. What do we need to get before we go?”
Jez looks to each and every one of the GIRLS. "If you've never flown in an aircraft before, I'd suggest getting motion sickness pills. It's a very long and very rough ride. Likewise, I'd suggest we all hit up the hospital and get inoculated against whatever diseases might exist down there--provided the hospital is aware of such and has the right meds. Also, wilderness survival gear of the very basic sort is likely of extreme importance. Water filtration and insect repellent being the key assets."
Millicent Mayeux wrote:”I’ve begun an inventory of what I can work on before our departure. I will try to get to as much of it as possible, time willing.”
Jez nods at Milly's statement. She stands to address the GIRLS. "Do what you can in the next forty-eight hours. We have a fugitive to capture. He's survived Naruni attempts at capture already, so we have to assume that he's not putting down roots anywhere. He's on the run. He's smart and cunning. He's under no illusions about the consequences of being caught. You can bet your sweet asses that he's not wasting time. We can't afford to do so either." Jezebel turns to address Eight, "Inform your boss to have the transport here at the Prouse Memorial Airport ready to go in forty-eight hours." Jez leaves the room without further notice and heads to the hangar where she merges with and secures Bertha from restart both physically (locks) and digitally through coded security protocols.
Conditions

Gear
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Analoy »

Percep: 58%= 1d100 = 60: 60
JIC: 1d20 = 9: 9 1d100 = 17: 17

Analoy waits for the end of the transmission then looks around at the GIRLS. Her eyes take in Unit Eight as well, I wonder, if it's so advanced does it have the ability to grow beyond what it currently is? Maybe if we start treating her as a person, she will become one. Analoy's mouth cracks a little grin.

"Based on what has been said so far, we'll eight be in the jungle or inside a structure of some kind. We should be focused on being light and fast but as always maximize our armor." She grins when Jez talks about inoculations and bug spray. Shots I'm all for but it'd have to be a pretty tough bug to get through my skin. She nods along none the less.

When Jez gives them a forty-eight hour timeline Analoy speaks up, "Well frak. I was hoping there'd be enough time to see my guy and get some tattoo work done." She looks a little disappointed but gives a small shrug none the less, Oh well, maybe when we get back.
Analoy Landie
Current Details

Lucille Davis

Post by Lucille Davis »

Perception: 1d100 = 28: 28 / 28% (+15% for magic or machines)
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 12: 12 / 1d100 = 31: 31

Lucy doesn't know anything about South America, but she did spy a man in a vision that one time. "Do we got any personal possession of the Uteni we suppose to be finding for squid face? I could try using any left overs of its psychic impression to try to ping its currently location."

She also remembers the doodling she had done on some scrap paper while they were in the meeting. "So while that Naruni was flapp'n its tentacles at the end there, I had an idea about a magitech walkie-talkie. I think it'll take me about..." she does some quick calculations, "9, 10 hours per device? So it'll take me about four days to make seven of them." She stops and smiles, and then remembers. "Oh, and about 500,000 credits, and where's the best place to source sapphire and garnet?" When Jez stocks out of the room having announced a 48 hour deadline, Lucy drops her jaw. Well, guess those will just have to wait.

She starts thinking about the other stuff they're going to need. "Did someone say jungle? I'm guessing the mosquitos are going to be a problem." She the offers to give Milly a hand with her mechanics overhaul. I'll probably learn a lot from this more materialist machine focus, she muses.
Last edited by Lucille Davis on Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lucille Davis / Ledger
[ooc=Current Status]Edit
Megan Price

Post by Megan Price »

Perception: 1d100 = 8: 8/66% (+15% when either Multi-Optic Eyes or Amplified Hearing are active, +30% when both are active)
Just In Case: 1d100 = 15: 15/ 1d20 = 20: 20
Current Effects, Other:

If Jez wasn't planning on bringing her robot vehicle, then it was unlikely that any other larger vehicle, such as the Mountaineer, which also meant that it was unlikely there was going to be sufficient storage space for her to bring her Northern Gun Gladius as a back up power armor, but she was absolutely going to bring her Stealth Armor. Megan flies all the time in her power armor, but she's unsure how the ride in an actual air plane would compare to her Wild Weasel. A thought occurs to Megan, and after Jez finishes addressing the rest of the team, she asks her "What types of ordinance do you have on stock? Breaching charges, plastique explosives, sticks of dynamite?"

Looking to Analoy, Megan asks "How big of a piece were you going to get? Maybe you could get it started now before we leave and have it finished up after we get back?"

When Lucille starts talking about the magic tech radios, Megan speaks up saying "Um, that is great and all, but how am I supposed to be able to use it?"

After the meeting, Megan heads to the hospital to get any shots and immunizations that they might be able to provide for a trip to South America and sees if they sell any motion sickness meds, or where such things can be acquired. Following that, she returns to the Wilk's Store to purchase a Wilk's 457 Laser Pulse Rifle.
Megan Price
ImageImage
Millicent Mayeux

Perception vs 56%: 1d100 = 60: 60
JIC: 1d20 = 14: 14| 1d100 = 4: 4

With the time limit Jezebel set, Millicent’s mind begins racing. That isn’t much time. Should I prep my ‘Monkey? Let’s focus on the teams gear first. Millicent will move to take another sip of her coffee and realize that it is empty. ”That settles that..” The Operator will move to follow the others out of the briefing room.

Milly’s first stop will actually be to leave the Hanger and make her way to MercTowns checkpoint armory and hand in her slip for her PA.
Underguard wrote: When Millicent goes to the Defenders with her ticket to retrieve her Grease Monkey to store it back at the GIRLS Hanger, she finds a suit of armor as well. it looks heavily augmented and nearly unique; when asked about it, the Defender operating the armory shakes his head. "That's been in the lockup with the PA since it arrived as far as I know." he states, and you can tell he doesn't really know as they likely pull shifts. An inspection of your PA reveals it has not been used since you put it there.

A further inspection of the armor reveals a small note. Dear Adventurer; my days are done. I hope this armor serves you as it served me. It is intuitive and will help prolong your life. ~ J The note is written in scribbled American and seems done with a shaky hand. A close inspection of the armor itself reveals it is in excellent condition aside from random scuff marks that can be buffed out with relative ease. Milly finds several interesting features that resonate with her inner strength; this armor appears a true work of ingenuity that will certainly need some field testing.
Once she secures her Grease Monkey, Millicent will review the unsuspecting gift also waiting for her. This may be the solution to my issues.. Millicent ponders the new armor set, wondering about tis true capabilities. She will return to the GIRLS Hanger.

Back at the hanger, Millicent will head straight for the hanger floor itself and begin setting up a workspace. She will arrange all the tools she needs to do the basic maintenance and modification she is sure all of her teams gear needs. If any of her teammates offer to help, the Operator is more than happy to include them into her work; the more hands that know what thee are doing the faster all the work can be completed.

Millicent focuses on the personal requests first: removing Jez’s exoskeleton and streamlining Megan’s SAMAS redundant systems in order to get more speed out of the thrusters while also reducing its maximum weight. She will then begin focusing on the team’s weapons, refocusing their sights and once again removing the extraneous bits that mass-scale production tends to include.

[ooc=Auto-Dodge JIC] 1d20+5 = 20: 15| 1d20+5 = 18: 13| 1d20+5 = 18: 13| 1d20+5 = 21: 16| 1d20+5 = 6: 1[/ooc]
Millicent Mayeux
Millicent Mayeux

Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Susan Lee »

Perception: 1d100 = 46: 46 / 38%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 16: 16 / 1d100 = 68: 68

CONDITIONS: Still on boing-go

Once the nice presentation is over, Susan raises her hand and says, "Perhaps we can complete a shopping list of supplies and have our comrade Unit 8 acquire them on our behalf."

When Jez mentions bugs, she comments, "I have already acquired a sonic insect repellent. It is much more effective than chemicals, from my understanding, and isn't expensive considering out recent payout. However, I admit to being completely out of my depth in terms of what we would need for any kind of field deployment."

Susan looks at the vehicles in hangar, "Similarly, I don't know how to drive. I've never needed to, Lazlo has a large number of transport options and I haven't been outside it, much."

Or ever before coming here...

Once everyone has spoken their piece, she waves to the stairs, where the two new drones are carefully making their way down. Susan pulls out a handful of electronic tokens and gives one to each GIRLS team member. "Don't worry, they're not loaded yet. Please, everyone, take one of these safety tokens. They are slaved to other systems, but I don't want an accident to happen."

As the drones get closer, it becomes apparent that one of them has a red long-haired wig glued to it and the other one has strips of faux fur along the sides. "I will, of course need to transport our new teammates, as well." She points to red-wig. "This is Cordelia. And the other is Captain Cullen."
Conditions
Millicent Mayeux

[Rolls Carried]

I should make sure my own armor is ready for an extended jaunt into the unknown... Millicent ponders during a lull in her work. Taking a break from her constant tinkering at the Hanger, Millicent finds the teams new robot and focuses her attention on the Naruni’s robotic avatar. ”Robot.” Millicent states mater of factly, drawing it’s attention. ”Your master has said he can grant us a discount at the Naruni’s local storefront. I am in need of an integral Force Field. Will you arrange the pickup, or delivery of such a device for me?” Millicent will thumb the credstick she had gained as a signing bonus to the group. If the bot is incapable of remotely shopping at the Naruni store, Millicent will head downtown for lunch and stop in to see if a forcefield is available.

[ooc=Shopping for a N-40A Integral Force Field]130,000 Credits Base. ? Employer bonus. Uncommon Availibility: 1 check required. Billed to MIllicent whatever she cant pay will be covered by Jez.
Find Contraband vs 69% (Class Bonus Included): 1d100 = 96: 96
Barter vs 38%:: 1d100 = 14: 14
Invoke Trust vs 15%:: 1d100 = 79: 79[/ooc]
Millicent Mayeux
Millicent Mayeux

Underguard
Game Master

Post by Underguard »

Time/Date: 08:20:00 AM (5minutes have passed); December 29th, 111PA
Eight downloads the data to both Amber and Jezebel's respective devices without question and otherwise seems to completely ignore the rest of the GIRLS while they convers, until it is asked a direct question. Turning to Milly while downloading the data, it nods. "The transport can get you 32.16 kilometers from the facility if landing in Monoa. Specific details about the locals is varied and limited; as the facility itself is located beneath the surface near a larger mountain range north of the city. It is home to many undesirables that vary from pirates to associates of the Splurgoth. The location was chosen for this reason to limit effective surveillance of the facility and/or deter unwelcomed guests." Eight explains, switching from one device to the other as it turns to Jezebel. "Understood, the transport will be ready for departure in forty-eight hours on the tarmac. Precisely forty-eight hours." The android explains. Looking to Susan as it returns both devices to their respective owners, it nods. "If desired, I can take a list into the city and acquire what you need. I would need exact cost or access to one's card, however."

Turning back to Milly, it nods. "A moment." It states and Milly can see it's eyes flash briefly before it nods. "Cost for this device has been set at 110,500 and is available for pickup under the name Millicent. Do not mention the Employer to the store front." The android adds with a nod.

If the android receives a list and exact cost, it will head into town and retrieve everything it can find while the GIRLS have run of the Hanger. Otherwise, the GIRLS have 48 hours until the ship is ready to depart.
Downloaded Information
-A confusing manifest of items that neither Amber nor Jezebel can actually identify, but numbers in the thousands of different IDs
-Dossiers of 3 Lead Researchers, 12 Assistant Researchers, 30 Research Specialists, 20 Laborers and 35 Security Personnel.
-Noted Automated Defensive systems (and codes to deactivate them), inventory of 50 Spitfires and Naruni Exoskeletons.
-A summary of Eight's capabilities == [Integrated Forcefield and Anti-gravity transportation system. Modular arms and legs to fit the need of multiple situations, from hacking computers to combat. (That's a brief summary of what was downloaded.)
Downloaded Map
Main Level(s).png
ImageImage
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
Jezebel
Group Leader

Post by Jezebel »

Perception: 74% / 1d100 = 34: 34
JIC: 1d20 = 14: 14 / 1d100 = 61: 61
Analoy wrote:"Well frak. I was hoping there'd be enough time to see my guy and get some tattoo work done."
Jez cocks an eyebrow, "I don't see why you still can't. It's just applying ink and whatnot, right? Just don't go for a full sleeve or whatever."
Lucy wrote:"...and where's the best place to source sapphire and garnet?"
Jez shrugs, "I dunno, but we'll be on another continent, so if gems and crystals are important to your work, keep your eyes and ears open to opportunities down there. On Arismal certain rare precious metals and stones could only be found in certain areas on the planet. I doubt it's much different here."
Megan wrote:"What types of ordinance do you have on stock? Breaching charges, plastique explosives, sticks of dynamite?"
Jez considers the ramifications of the question and nods at Megan. "Not sure. You'd better do an inventory and note what we need. We've got little time enough to acquire it for the op."
Susan wrote:"I have already acquired a sonic insect repellent. It is much more effective than chemicals, from my understanding, and isn't expensive considering out recent payout. However, I admit to being completely out of my depth in terms of what we would need for any kind of field deployment. Similarly, I don't know how to drive. I've never needed to, Lazlo has a large number of transport options and I haven't been outside it, much."
Damn, looked past the obvious, didn't I? "That's good thinking, Susan. Make sure the team is covered in that respect. And don't sweat the transport, I'm sure there'll be more than enough seats for all among the various vehicles."
Susan wrote:Susan pulls out a handful of electronic tokens and gives one to each GIRLS team member. "Don't worry, they're not loaded yet. Please, everyone, take one of these safety tokens. They are slaved to other systems, but I don't want an accident to happen."
For the next forty-eight hours Jezebel will assist whoever needs help in any endeavor aimed at getting the group ready to depart in two days. Anything not necessary towards getting each of them properly kitted for this foray into the unknown and danger will earn the person a quick and businesslike rebuke to "Focus on the mission. Frak this nonsense. It can wait.

Travel Arrangements for South America
Amber: Wilk's Jet Pack
Jezebel: NG-424 Hornet
Megan: PA-09-AVT Bandito "Wild Weasel" SAMAS
Analoy: riding in Mountaineer ATV
Susan: riding in Mountaineer ATV
Lucille: Mountaineer ATV
Millicent: NG-MRU886 Grease Monkey

[ooc=Mission Info]OP: Determine how facility went offline
  • Manifest of thousands of unidentifiable items
  • Dossiers of 3 Lead Researchers, 12 Assistant Researchers, 30 Research Specialists, 20 Laborers and 35 Security Personnel.
  • Noted automated defensive systems (and codes to deactivate them), inventory of 50 Spitfires and Naruni Exoskeletons.
  • Summary of Eight's capabilities: Integrated FF, Anti-gravity propulsion, and mission-modular arms and legs.
[/ooc]
Conditions

Gear
Millicent Mayeux

Perception 56%: 1d100 = 52: 52
JIC:[1d100]

Millicent spends the remaining time focused on her work optimizing the GIRLS’ gear. During a meal break she will take the time to approach Jezebel however: ”Hey Boss, I have a request to ask of you. I tested our bots relation to the local Naruni’s outlet and it was able to secure me an integral forcefield at a rather good discount- however it is still a bit beyond my current cred limit. Do you think think we could call the rest of the cost as a front for this operations payout? Or even roll it into this ops expected costs?” Millicent asks hopefully. She seems rather amicable if you can give a good reason… And I’m sure she has the funds. Doesn’t hurt to ask, right?

After Jezebel gives Milly access to the group credstick, Millicent will head downtown at a fast clip, trying to make the excursion away from the hanger as quick as possible. Millicent will spend the remaining time in the hanger itself, going so far as to sleep the four or five hours she does in the hanger itself, only leaving it once or twice to use the restroom or find some coffee.

It will take Millicent two or three encounters with Cordelia and the Capt. For her to actually recognize what they actually are. The first few interactions were mainly of a distracted Millicent, focused on one of the GIRLS weapons, wave an offhand greeting as one crawls by. She even went as far to ask one to pass a proper size spanner at one point, getting mildly irritated when the wigged drone ignored her and continued its route.

Bumping into Cordelia as Millicent enters the hanger from one of her rare excursions to find some coffee, The operator will pause and apologize. ”Oh, sorry Cordy- I didn’t see you there. I don’t think we have properly been introduced: I am Millicent- Oh.” Millicent quickly look around to see if any of her teammates saw her talking to the gun drone. ”You are a drone. Well, I feel dumb now.” Millicent takes the time to look over Cordelia for the first time. ”I am betting Susan put some fun stuff in your head.” She pulls the token the cyber-doc had given her out of her pocket and plays with it in her fingers for a second. ”I would hate to get on your bad side without one of these.” Millicent eyes the mechanics of Cordelia, her brain already trying to figure out any improvements that could be made. ”I’m sure I could speed up your leg servos a bit? Add some treads?” Millicent sees the broken bike still untouched. ”What about a whole new mode of transportation? How would you like to fly?... I’m still talking to you. Alright. I’m going to stop now.” Millicent stands in front of Cordelia awkwardly. ”Bye.” She will walk around the drone and head back to her workstation feeling slightly embarrassed about the conversation with Cordelia, until the broken down gun on her workstation brings her back to the present problems at hand. I need to finish all of this before we depart. And get some sleep. The last thought is crowded out by the mental power required to disassemble and reassemble the GIRLS weapons in better condition than she got them.

When she is finally done with the selected weapons, Millicent will focus on the Power Armors that will be brought to Brazil, increasing the ‘Weasels speed and systems while integrating a forcefield in her own ‘Monkey.
Millicent Mayeux
Millicent Mayeux

Jezebel
Group Leader

Post by Jezebel »

(rolls held over)
Millicent Mayeux wrote:During a meal break she will take the time to approach Jezebel however: ”Hey Boss, I have a request to ask of you. I tested our bots relation to the local Naruni’s outlet and it was able to secure me an integral forcefield at a rather good discount- however it is still a bit beyond my current cred limit. Do you think think we could call the rest of the cost as a front for this operations payout? Or even roll it into this ops expected costs?” Millicent asks hopefully.
Well now, seems this one has a head on her shoulders for more than just machines. Jez nods and walks Millicent over to the secure storage vault. Accessing the vault, she leads Milly inside and uses her tablet to transfer the necessary difference from the group fund to Milly's own credit card. "That's a sound investment. Make good use of it, and do let me know if I can assist you in any way while we're getting ready to go."
Conditions

Gear
Megan Price

Post by Megan Price »

Perception: 1d100 = 81: 81/66% (+15% when either Multi-Optic Eyes or Amplified Hearing are active, +30% when both are active)
Just In Case: 1d100 = 8: 8/ 1d20 = 5: 5
Current Effects, Other:

Megan accepts the token from Susan and has to force herself from visibly shaking her head as Susan introduces her drones and the names she has chosen for them. More than one merc that I have known will name their vehicle, power armor, weapon, or robot vehicle, all of which have not artificial intelligence and most not even capable of automation. This at least makes it easier to give orders to. I just hope she doesn't form emotional bonds with them in the event they get destroyed.
Jezebel wrote:
Megan wrote:"What types of ordinance do you have on stock? Breaching charges, plastique explosives, sticks of dynamite?"
Jez considers the ramifications of the question and nods at Megan. "Not sure. You'd better do an inventory and note what we need. We've got little time enough to acquire it for the op."

For the next forty-eight hours Jezebel will assist whoever needs help in any endeavor aimed at getting the group ready to depart in two days. Anything not necessary towards getting each of them properly kitted for this foray into the unknown and danger will earn the person a quick and businesslike rebuke to "Focus on the mission. Frak this nonsense. It can wait.
"Understood." Megan replies, and with that, she will go take inventory of the team's ordinance. After taking the inventory, she will return to Jez to make her report. "Currently, there is the following in the munitions rack, all of which are assigned to you: 19 fragmentation grenades, 15 feet of wire, one pressure detonator, three sticks of military grade dynamite, and 15 pounds of commercial plastique. Do you feel this will be sufficient? If I could make a recommendation, then I would suggest to get a wider variety of detonators at the very least, but it probably wouldn't hurt to acquire some other ordinance, either. But then again I don't know what our budget looks like, either. I have no experience with the jungle, but do you think the standard survival kit offered by Northern Gun would be sufficient?" After speaking with Jez, Megan will see who needs to most help between Lucille and Millicent. (General Repair & Maintenance 1d100 = 24: 24/47%)
Megan Price
ImageImage
Amber Dach

Post by Amber Dach »

Perception: 36% = 1d100 = 62: 62%
JIC: 1d20 = 17: 17 / 1d100 = 9: 9%

[ooc=Skills Rolls](Tinkering Assistance - 2 Rolls/Day as a Psionic Assistant)
Telemechanics 88%/ 1d100 = 12: 12% (Day 1 Roll 1)
Telemechanics 88%/ 1d100 = 7: 7% (Day 1 Roll 2)
Telemechanics 88%/ 1d100 = 58: 58% (Day 2 Roll 1)
Telemechanics 88%/ 1d100 = 64: 64% (Day 2 Roll 2)[/ooc]
[/ooc]
Analoy wrote:"Based on what has been said so far, we'll eight be in the jungle or inside a structure of some kind. We should be focused on being light and fast but as always maximize our armor." She grins when Jez talks about inoculations and bug spray. Shots I'm all for but it'd have to be a pretty tough bug to get through my skin. She nods along none the less.
Amber grins as well at the mention of inoculations knowing her races protections from diseases but nods about the bug spray as well as the motion sickness tablets. “I don’t need any shots, but ff someone is going to the hospital or clinic, could you pick me up some motion sickness tabs while you are there. Oh, Doc. I think there will be venomous snakes in the jungle, maybe pick up some anti-venom, just in case.”
Analoy wrote:When Jez gives them a forty-eight hour timeline Analoy speaks up, "Well frak. I was hoping there'd be enough time to see my guy and get some tattoo work done." She looks a little disappointed but gives a small shrug none the less, Oh well, maybe when we get back.
Amber's eyes perk up at the mention of getting some tattoo work done. So, she knows someone around here that can do tattooing. Interesting. I'll have to make sure to get on her good side and see if I can tag along when she goes to see them.
Susan Lee wrote:Once everyone has spoken their piece, she waves to the stairs, where the two new drones are carefully making their way down. Susan pulls out a handful of electronic tokens and gives one to each GIRLS team member. "Don't worry, they're not loaded yet. Please, everyone, take one of these safety tokens. They are slaved to other systems, but I don't want an accident to happen."

As the drones get closer, it becomes apparent that one of them has a red long-haired wig glued to it and the other one has strips of faux fur along the sides. "I will, of course need to transport our new teammates, as well." She points to red-wig. "This is Cordelia. And the other is Captain Cullen."
What in the Eff is that??? She thinks as she sees the decorated and named drones of Susan. I guess what they say is true, there is a fine line between genius and madness. She accepts the token from Susan. “Uhm, yeah thanks, Susan. I’ll put this somewhere safe. Maybe put it on a necklace or something.”

Seeing the new drones and then looking at Eight, a thought crosses her mind. Damn these things are really noticeable. “So, I have a question slash statement. I take it we are going to be trying to be some what covert with this operation. It is a hidden installation after all. Eight, looking like a robot and all is kind of noticeable and… unique. Should it have some kind of disguise? Maybe just putting it in EBA or something. Just throwing it out there.” She points at the drones. “And those two, uhm kind of draw your attention too. What with the wig and fur. I mean they kind of stick out in a crowd. Thoughts Boss?” She waits for Jez's thoughts on the subject.

After the discussions are complete she turns her thoughts to what she will need to take with her to South America. Okay, I need to do a little shopping if we are going into a jungle. Maybe I'll ask Eight to do some errands for me. It will get him out of our hair for a bit maybe. “Hey Eight. Could you order a few things for me?” She says as she taps out a list on her computer and shows it to the android. “I have a list here. If you can get me a break on the price of the Vibro-Saber with the Naruni store I will take it. Otherwise place the rest of the order with the Northern Gun and the Wilk’s store. Delivered would be nice, but I will go and pick them up if necessary. Thank-you.”

[ooc=Shopping List]
  • NE-RV03 Ripper Vibro-Saber (short sword): Cost: 14,000 credits.
  • NG-S2 Basic Survival Pack: Cost: 3000 credits.
  • Stun/Flash Grenade: 100 each (2)
  • Canteen: Aluminum: 30 credits (2)
  • Cigarette Lighter (refillable): 25 cr. (1)
  • Cigarette Lighter Fluid: 6 credits per 16 ounce can. (1)
  • Cross/Crucifix (silver; 4-6 inches): 150 cr.
  • SPU-5, Sonic Pulsar Unit; Electronic Flea & Insect Repellant: Cost: 100 credits for necklace variety.
  • Computer Reference Libraries: Jungle Warfare? South America – Manoa? Small Unit - Military Tactics? 200-400/program. (looking for any references if they are available)
  • Motion Sickness Tabs: ?
  • Water Purifying Tabs: ?
[/ooc]She will say to everyone as they begin their preparations, “I don’t have much in the way of technical skills, but I am willing to help out. I can be a gofer or an extra set of hands if you need them.” Otherwise if no one wants her help, she will be organizing her gear and get used to the new items she has acquired in the past day.
Amber Dach

Current Conditions
Conditions

Jezebel
Group Leader

Post by Jezebel »

Megan Price wrote:"Currently, there is the following in the munitions rack, all of which are assigned to you: 19 fragmentation grenades, 15 feet of wire, one pressure detonator, three sticks of military grade dynamite, and 15 pounds of commercial plastique. Do you feel this will be sufficient? If I could make a recommendation, then I would suggest to get a wider variety of detonators at the very least, but it probably wouldn't hurt to acquire some other ordinance, either. But then again I don't know what our budget looks like, either. I have no experience with the jungle, but do you think the standard survival kit offered by Northern Gun would be sufficient?"
Jez nods along at the report. "Yeah, that all came outta my room...from the op I ran in Free Quebec as I recall. Get what you think necessary. Get half a dozen survival kits--that's good thinking." Jez authorizes Megan to use the group fund to get what she thinks necessary, up to fifty thousand credits.
Conditions

Gear
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Analoy »

Percep: 58%= 1d100: [95] = 95
JIC: 1d20: [9] = 9 1d100: [3] = 3
Megan wrote:"How big of a piece were you going to get? Maybe you could get it started now before we leave and have it finished up after we get back?"
Jez wrote:"I don't see why you still can't. It's just applying ink and whatnot, right? Just don't go for a full sleeve or whatever."
Analoy looks over at the women and smiles, "Yeah. I'd likely do it in steps if it were a traditional piece but I was hoping to get something special this time around. Its not like the special tat would take longer than a few hours to get. It's just that a special piece like I was planning would take some time to recover from." She chuckles a bit to herself, "For about the first day after getting it, I'd be doing a pretty good impression of a doorstop. After that I wouldn't be back to normal for about a week."

Analoy's eyes linger on Jez as she holds a smile, That woman doesn't believe in magic at all. She just thinks I have some weird form of powers like she does. I wonder what she'd think if I told her it was all magic? She notices the look on the True Atlantean's face, Now she knows what I'm talking about. Analoy grins over at Amber, I bet my mother's bones that she doesn't know anyone around here that can do a magic tattoo.

Analoy looks around at the other GIRLS and says, "I usually rely on my abilities and whatnot, and don't really know any fix it skills, but if I'm not getting the new tat, I'm available to help out. Even if its just to lift and carry. Though now that I can tech up like a proper Merc, I'd be happy for some tutoring in all this wild gear you guys use. Otherwise, I'll just use my time getting the ratios in order for the trip."
Analoy Landie
Current Details

Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Susan Lee »

Perception: 1d100 / 38%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 / 1d100

CONDITIONS: Still on boing-go

Susan carefully checks over her gear and generally gets ready to leave. Having no wilderness skills whatsoever, she's out of her depth in trying to get the group kitted out.

Since no one else seems to be handing a gear list to the robot for purchase, she writes down a short list on a sheet of paper, and walks over to Jezebel and Amber where they are discussing logistics.

"The drones are extremely low profile, they will be practically invisible in a jungle setting. I doubt that a little personality will be more shocking than a walking by itself in other settings.

She pauses, then holds out the piece of paper to Jezebel. "I don't know what we need. Someone who is aware of the requirements of field deployment, should review this list. Probably you, Commander. Since someone also has to pay for the supplies."

The list currently only says:
1. 7 Wilk's SPU Sonic Pulsar Unit Electronic Insect Repellant
2. 100 doses broad spectrum antibiotics
3. 100 doses broad spectrum anti-fungals
4. 500 MREs
5. TW Water Purifier
6. TW Food Purifier
Conditions
Jezebel
Group Leader

Post by Jezebel »

Susan Lee wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:57 pmShe pauses, then holds out the piece of paper to Jezebel. "I don't know what we need. Someone who is aware of the requirements of field deployment, should review this list. Probably you, Commander. Since someone also has to pay for the supplies."

The list currently only says:
1. 7 Wilk's SPU Sonic Pulsar Unit Electronic Insect Repellant
2. 100 doses broad spectrum antibiotics
3. 100 doses broad spectrum anti-fungals
4. 500 MREs
5. TW Water Purifier
6. TW Food Purifier
Jez nods along at the report. "Sound reasoning, Susan." Jez authorizes Susan to use the group fund to get what she thinks necessary, up to one hundred thousand credits.
Conditions

Gear
Underguard
Game Master

Post by Underguard »

Time/Date: 09:00:00 AM (About 24 hours have passed; 23 hours until mission start); December 30th, 111PA
Environmental Conditions: 31°F (-0°C); No rain, though there is still a wet cold. Cloud cover outside as far as the eye can see.
The first 24 hours are spent consolidating resources and gathering any additional gear the team thinks may be required for such a trek.

The girls break up their meeting after discussions and then each do what they need to do to get ready to head out to the southern continent. Only Jez has an inkling of what may await them, and even her knowledge of the area as a whole is limited. Milly spends most of her time tinkering in the hanger with various others helping her as able. Megan takes stock of what the hanger has and helps Milly as able while Jez delegates.

Amber, meanwhile, brings up the process of Eight and its appearance but before Jez can even answer, Eight has rounded the corner and answers for her. "This is my base appearance. My body is modular and I can adjust it to appear like many humanoids, though in a purely appearance form. If desired, I can procure a environmental armor to wear to appease any potential confrontations as an android. I leave that to your decision; as an example." Eight explains, and then Amber watches as a sort of liquid metal seems to exude from several places on its body before engulfing the android entirely. After another minute, the metal seems to solidify and color to that of a grizzled mercenary type wearing camouflage and a combat vest. Closer inspection would reveal that none of the pockets or the like are functional, but when it talks, the mouth moves in synch, as do the eyes. "This sort is not full proof, but is a working adaptable cover that takes sixty five seconds to fully form. It will serve unless under heavy scrutiny, and has been tested to fool technological sensors with a 90% efficiency."

When Amber discusses her list with Eight, the android nods. "I can pick these items up for you and deliver them if you desire. Most Naruni equipment can be acquired with a 15% discount, the NE-RV03 would cost 11,900." It answers, though before it leaves Susan comes to Eight with a revised list to add to it's task after Susan had finished discussing with Jezebel. Barring Amber or Susan having more, Eight will leave with her credit stick and her list and acquire the items. It will return several hours later with almost on the lists. The only two items it doesn't find are the Technowizard Water and Food purifiers (couldn't find a reference, please link a reference and Eight will go get them.) Analoy opts to help Milly and anyone else in the Hanger as best as able to avoid being down during their trip to the south.

On the next day, the GIRLS have one last chance to modify or gather anything else they need before they load up into the transport carrier the next morning. Jez also gets a notification that the Group Fund in Merctown State Bank has less than 100,000 remaining (85,050 remaining) after Susan and Millicent's authorized uses.

Android's Shopping List
Group
  • 1. 7 Wilk's SPU Sonic Pulsar Unit Electronic Insect Repellant 700cr (100cr ea, GMG, pg 188)
    2. 100 doses broad spectrum antibiotics; Using R:UE, pg 263 for Compu-Drug Dispenser. Avg Drug dose costs 1d4x100 per dose. Buying in bulk, I'll say it's 100 per dose. Total 10,000 cr
    3. 100 doses broad spectrum anti-fungals Same as above; 10,000 cr
    4. 500 MREs Cannot find a reference in the books; MRE's average 90$ per box of 12 IRL, which would translate to about 3,750$ for 500. Straight conversion of that much in credits for 500.
    5. TW Water Purifier Cannot find a reference for this.
    6. TW Food Purifier Cannot find a reference for this.
    Total: 24,450 cr without the two TW items.
    Credits Deducted, please add the sheets to your equipment list except for the TW items
Amber
  • NE-RV03 Ripper Vibro-Saber (short sword): Cost: 14,000 credits. Red. Cost to 11,900
    NG-S2 Basic Survival Pack: Cost: 3000 credits.
    Stun/Flash Grenade: 100 each (2)
    Canteen: Aluminum: 30 credits (2)
    Cigarette Lighter (refillable): 25 cr. (1)
    Cigarette Lighter Fluid: 6 credits per 16 ounce can. (1)
    Cross/Crucifix (silver; 4-6 inches): 150 cr.
    SPU-5, Sonic Pulsar Unit; Electronic Flea & Insect Repellant: Cost: 100 credits for necklace variety.
    Computer Reference Libraries: Jungle Warfare? South America – Manoa? Small Unit - Military Tactics? 200-400/program. (looking for any references if they are available) 400; specialized download available detailing governments and working knowledge of the Southern America Region (Most of the book information, would need a Research Roll to access specifics like current leaders/etc but it's there. Esentially downloaded the SA WBs without the high detail)
    Motion Sickness Tabs: ?; 10 cr for bottle of 100
    Water Purifying Tabs: ?; 25 cr for bottle of 10
    Total for Amber: 15,876
    Credits Deducted, please add the sheets to your equipment list.
What are you doing?

GM Note: Please try to include book references and estimates when you want to do shopping. Otherwise it may result in what you want not being found, or costing more than you anticipate. If you can't find one, just add it in parenthesis saying you looked.
ImageImage
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
Millicent Mayeux

JIC: 1d20: [17] = 17 | 1d100: [83] = 83
Perception: 1d100<56: [50*] = 1

Millicent continues to spend the majority of her time focused solely on enhancing her teammates weapons and armor. The few break she takes, her brain turns to the teams newest members. If we keep their traditional legs I am sure I can work some kind of undercarriage mount system up… but if we really want to get fancy I think we could work out a hover system for the drones. Then we could install some docking bays on top of the ATV… Millicent shakes the thoughts out of her head as she finishes her cup of coffee, knowing that the amount of time needed to do such work is well beyond they current time allotted. Her brain is constantly full of ideas on how to optimize and modify the teams gear.

When the Naruni droid mentions again about his modular nature, Millicent will pull her head back from the magnifying glass locking at the gun in front of her. ”You have said you are modular before, that would imply that you have a series of additional arms and appendages in storage somewhere. Is this true? If so, might we have a list of all of your modular load outs?” Millicent will watch the droids active camouflage capabilities with great interest. ”Is that ability a standard Naruni upgrade? Is it scaleable to say a vehicle?”
Millicent Mayeux
Millicent Mayeux

Amber Dach

Post by Amber Dach »

Perception: 36% = 1d100: [57] = 57
JIC: 1d20: [12] = 12 / 1d100: [57] = 57

Skill Rolls
Intelligence 49% = 1d100: [91] = 91
Underguard wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:45 pmAmber, meanwhile, brings up the process of Eight and its appearance but before Jez can even answer, Eight has rounded the corner and answers for her. "This is my base appearance. My body is modular and I can adjust it to appear like many humanoids, though in a purely appearance form. If desired, I can procure a environmental armor to wear to appease any potential confrontations as an android. I leave that to your decision; as an example." Eight explains, and then Amber watches as a sort of liquid metal seems to exude from several places on its body before engulfing the android entirely. After another minute, the metal seems to solidify and color to that of a grizzled mercenary type wearing camouflage and a combat vest. Closer inspection would reveal that none of the pockets or the like are functional, but when it talks, the mouth moves in synch, as do the eyes. "This sort is not full proof, but is a working adaptable cover that takes sixty five seconds to fully form. It will serve unless under heavy scrutiny, and has been tested to fool technological sensors with a 90% efficiency."
Damn this thing freaks me out a bit, no wonder its predecessor was able to be such a good assassin. Amber circles Eight and is suitably impressed with its change in appearance. “Well, that is interesting and should be a good disguise in my opinion. I would recommend that you stay in that form for the duration of the operation. I think it would also be a good idea that you keep this form when outside of the hangar and when any visitors are present. Your base form is very memorable even in a town as diverse as MercTown. Can you do a female form though? It would fit in more with the rest of the GIRLS.”

As she awaits Eight picking up her supplies, she assists Milly wherever possible either as a gofer or using Telemechanics to assist in her various projects. Once Eight returns with her supplies, Amber will excuse herself for a time to familiarize herself with her new equipment. She fills up her lighter and checks out the contents of the survival pack and checks out how to use the water purification tablets. Amber prepares her gear makes sure she is ready to go the next day as she packs everything up.

She spends her down-time reading up on what the political landscape looks like in South America. She makes mental notes of who the various factions are and what threats they may bring to the group going into the area they will be operating in. She is very surprised to read that there is a large number of True Atlanteans living in the area. Hmm, Clan Skellian. That is very interesting. I hope we are able to spend some time there. It will be interesting to see what has passed with them since the disappearance of Atlantis. Maybe I can acquire some touches of home while I’m there.

Her preparations complete, she will give anyone whatever support they need to prepare for the operation.

* Reference for TW Food & Water Purifier (WB26 - Dinosaur Swamp Page 96; Cost: 40,000-50,000 credits. Good availability.)
Amber Dach

Current Conditions
Conditions

Jezebel
Group Leader

Post by Jezebel »

Perception: 74% / 1d100: [10] = 10
JIC: 1d20: [14] = 14
JIC: 1d100: [27] = 27

Jezebel spends the last day in Merctown trying to be available to her GIRLS. She only reserves an hour after first waking up and an hour before getting some rack time to herself. Otherwise she contents herself to spending time working out, training and sparring with anyone who needs or wants the practice, and generally making herself available to talk to, and to help out with the others' projects and/or ambitions. Before the night is over, before she's ready to seclude herself, Jez confides in Amber that she's in need of some kind of "defrakking of her mind." It's hard to be vulnerable with someone who's damned close to a stranger, but if I don't be brave I think things will only get worse in the future. "You might be the only one with whom I can speak about this as this might be something for which you're trained, and you definitely seem to have the disposition for such. Look, there are parts of my mind that are straight frakked after some of the experiences I've had. I don't necessarily want to forget anything, but I want to effect the megaverse more than it has effected me. You get me?"
Conditions

Gear
Megan Price

Post by Megan Price »

Perception 66% (+15% when either Multi-Optic Eyes or Amplified Hearing are active, +30% when both are active): 1d100: [78] = 78
Just In Case (d100): 1d100: [77]+[75] = 152
Just In Case (d20): 1d20: [4]+[10] = 14
Current Effects, Other:
Jezebel wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:28 am
Megan Price wrote:"Currently, there is the following in the munitions rack, all of which are assigned to you: 19 fragmentation grenades, 15 feet of wire, one pressure detonator, three sticks of military grade dynamite, and 15 pounds of commercial plastique. Do you feel this will be sufficient? If I could make a recommendation, then I would suggest to get a wider variety of detonators at the very least, but it probably wouldn't hurt to acquire some other ordinance, either. But then again I don't know what our budget looks like, either. I have no experience with the jungle, but do you think the standard survival kit offered by Northern Gun would be sufficient?"
Jez nods along at the report. "Yeah, that all came outta my room...from the op I ran in Free Quebec as I recall. Get what you think necessary. Get half a dozen survival kits--that's good thinking." Jez authorizes Megan to use the group fund to get what she thinks necessary, up to fifty thousand credits.
Megan will head to town and head on over to the NG Store first to purchase the 6 NG Survival Kits and browse the available ordinance that they offer. She will first purchase 36 normal (SD) blasting caps, 18 military grade (MD) blasting caps, 12 timed detonators, 6 radio detonators, and 5 more pressure detonators. She will then check the availability of NG-4 Plastique. If available, she will buy 20 lbs of it, otherwise she will check the availability of NG-2 Plastique. Once those purchases have been made, she will have all of the items delivered to the hangar then go to the Wilk's Store to buy a Wilk's 457 Laser Pulse Rifle with her own credits. After that, she will take time to relax at the gun range
Megan's Shopping Rolls
NG-4 Plastique
Invoke Trust 5% (+5% for store bonus): 1d100: [30] = 30
Headhunter???s Find Contraband 69% (+5% for store bonus): 1d100: [79] = 79
Lore: Demon???s & Monsters 62% (+5% for store bonus): 1d100: [24] = 24
Megan Price
ImageImage
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Susan Lee »

Susan explains to the T-3000 spybot that Pandisporin (pg. 45 Dinosaur Swamp) costs 200 credits per 12 pill bottle (no fungal listing, though!).

"Thanks, robot," she says, "Maybe also a 10 pack crate of hydrating salts (50 credits Dino Swamp pg. 47), although we shouldn't need them unless literally everything else breaks down!"
Conditions
Amber Dach

Post by Amber Dach »

(Rolls held over)

Perception: 36% = 1d100: [64] = 64
JIC: 1d20: [10] = 10 / 1d100: [62] = 62

Skills Rolls
Lore: Psychics & Psionics 40% = 1d100: [57] = 57
Constant/Active Conditions
Constant Conditions
Jezebel wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:58 pm Before the night is over, before she's ready to seclude herself, Jez confides in Amber that she's in need of some kind of "defrakking of her mind." It's hard to be vulnerable with someone who's damned close to a stranger, but if I don't be brave I think things will only get worse in the future. "You might be the only one with whom I can speak about this as this might be something for which you're trained, and you definitely seem to have the disposition for such. Look, there are parts of my mind that are straight frakked after some of the experiences I've had. I don't necessarily want to forget anything, but I want to affect the megaverse more than it has affected me. You get me?"
Amber gives a sympathetic look to Jez as she organizes her thoughts. “Yes, I totally get you, Jez. We all want to be in control of our thoughts and make sense of our memories and experiences especially if you have suffered some kind of traumatic event. I believe I could help unblock those memories and make you remember them. But I am not an expert at healing the mind. We could end up make things worse. She let's that thought sink in before continuing. "In the meantime, though, I will do some more research into Psychic Healing and see what I can come up with. I would rather know more before we proceed. It would not be advisable to do this before we leave for this op though.”

A thought crosses Amber’s mind from the reading she has been doing on South America. “I do have another option for you to consider. There are some of my people, True Atlanteans, living in Manoa. You should know that our healers are generally speaking amongst the best in the Multiverse. No disrespect to the Doctor, but they are who I would want to work on me if I was seriously injured. But we are going to be in the area anyway, maybe we could take a little detour there and try talking to them and see what they recommend.” As a bonus, I would love to see what my cousins have built here since Atlantis disappeared too, she thinks. "I know this is a potentially life-changing decision. Think upon it a while and let me know how you want to proceed."
Amber Dach

Current Conditions
Conditions

Jezebel
Group Leader

Post by Jezebel »

(rolls held over)
Jez nods in response to Amber's common sense warning about addressing this matter before the op, and slightly lights up at her novel suggestion regarding her people in South America and their abilities. "Those are fine suggestions. Let's look into them when we're down there." Also good to know our new mind-bender here knows what she doesn't know. A little humility often goes a long way...or so I've often been admonished.
Conditions

Gear
Underguard
Game Master

Post by Underguard »

GM Note: The Holiday Slowdown ends on Jan 2nd, which is when my next post will be. We will be back to weekly posting after that.
Conditions wrote:Location: Manoa Tarmac, South America, Brasil
Time/Date: 22:09:00 PM (Mission Start); December 31th, 111PA
Environmental Conditions: 76°F (24.4°C);Warm, wet, humid, even in the dead of winter at night.
As Milly asks Eight about what it means by modular, the android shifts its head and holds up its arm. "No, everything I am is here, but watch." It states and Milly can then see the androids arm reconstruct itself before her very eyes, becoming a long-arm rifle. Her keen eye also notes that this rifle-mod seems identical to the one that took Jezebel's shields down with a single blast. "These are not standard upgrades; and there are few things I cannot emulate. I am a prototype in a series that the Creator has been working on for some time. The facility in question was the place of my birth." It explains and as far as Milly can tell, it is being completely honest and upfront. Turning its head to Amber, the android nods and they can watch the form become far more feminine. "Yes." It replies simply, the pitch of its voice altered to sound slightly more akin to a woman than a man.

Eight will then leave again to pick up everything else on the list as Megan does as well. Despite being particularly un-charming, Megan finds what she is looking for as most of it is fairly common mercenary items.

The rest of the day goes by quickly for most, with Amber and Jez talking while Milly works. Megan finds her way to a firing range and Susan codifies all of their supplies. Analoy ends up lounging around, rather annoyed that they accepted the op before she had time to get her tattoos while Lucille works with Milly. Eight will return with the rest of the supplies and assist in loading or working on anything; should everyone give the now-feminine android a cold shoulder, it will just stand by the door to the Hanger.

The next morning rolls around and early risers, those who meditate or can't sleep at all are alerted to the sound powerful engines and a loud streak from outside, which wakes almost everyone up. Looking outside, there is a large aircraft, brimming with armaments and powerful engines, it takes up a good chunk of the tarmac. When it finally comes to a stop, roughly a dozen technicians exit the Merctown main hanger with various carts and equipment to repair, refuel and refit the large vehicle.

Not long thereafter, Eight will walk the hallway and wake anyone who is still sleeping and find everyone. "The aircraft is ready for your equipment to be loaded. Take off is in two hours, let us make haste." It states, leaving the Hanger and heading towards the aircraft with or without them. Fortunately for the GIRLS, Susan had taken it upon herself to codify most of their supplies and load it on their vehicles, and the GIRLS find room to load nearly their entire hanger worth of equipment and the aircraft has technicians that load and strap everything down.

Inside the aircraft, the GIRLS find seats that line the hull of the craft while the center of the cargo bay is where all of their equipment is being secured. Both Milly and Jez note that there are other cargo boxes already inside the hanger with no markers on them at all, sealed and locked at the front-most of the storage bay.

At 0730 the doors to the aircraft close and everyone is ordered to take their seats for final checks. A pair of technicians walk the storage unit before strapping in themselves and at 0800, the aircraft takes off. The engines thrust more powerfully than most on the team have ever experienced, save perhaps Jezebel and her time in the ADF. Climbing quickly, the aircraft levels off and the GIRLS are allowed to roam the cabin, though find little to do besides stretch their legs. They note sporadic security walking or harnessed throughout the aircraft.

The flight itself is long; approximately fourteen hours and done in a wide arc, not a straight line and there is no windows for a view. When they land, they find themselves greeted with a blast of heat as the doors open up, easily forty degrees higher than Merctown. Anyone not in an environmental armor also almost immediately feels themselves start to sweat from the warm and wet environment. It is nightfall, and the local time reads just after 10 pm (2200).

The crew of the aircraft unhitch their equipment and offload the craft, moving everything off to the side. They are all approached by a trio of human looking females, two clad in Hoplite Power Armor, with the third wearing what seems to be modified mage armor. "Your arrival went smoothly, I am Security Officer Astrid Skellian. Please inspect your equipment and vacate the tarmac as quickly as possible. If you intend to venture beyond the walls, I would recommend you wait until daybreak, but that is your decision. You may keep any weapons you have on you, but if you cause any violence while within our boarders, we will respond in kind. If you have any questions, please let me know, we will wait here while you clear the tarmac." She says.

The GIRLS are then left to their own devices on the tarmac. The large valley they occupy is sprawled by the City of Manoa, and seems to put Merctown to utter shame in its look and feel. Lights flicker in the distance from an obvious active city, even at this time of night, and on the far side of the tarmac is a pair of large, white marble doors that lead southeast, the direction they need to go.

What are you doing?

GM Note: In your following post, please denote what vehicles you had loaded up / vs left behind.
ImageImage
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
Jezebel
Group Leader

Post by Jezebel »

JIC: 1d20: [8] = 8 / JIC: 1d100: [27] = 27
Perception: 74% / 1d100: [9] = 9
Conditions: Critical strike on 18-20, K.O. on N20, Energy Resistance, Optic Glasses worn
GM wrote:They are all approached by a trio of human looking females, two clad in Hoplite Power Armor, with the third wearing what seems to be modified mage armor. "Your arrival went smoothly, I am Security Officer Astrid Skellian. Please inspect your equipment and vacate the tarmac as quickly as possible. If you intend to venture beyond the walls, I would recommend you wait until daybreak, but that is your decision. You may keep any weapons you have on you, but if you cause any violence while within our boarders, we will respond in kind. If you have any questions, please let me know, we will wait here while you clear the tarmac."

The GIRLS are then left to their own devices on the tarmac. The large valley they occupy is sprawled by the City of Manoa, and seems to put Merctown to utter shame in its look and feel. Lights flicker in the distance from an obvious active city, even at this time of night, and on the far side of the tarmac is a pair of large, white marble doors that lead southeast, the direction they need to go.
Jez has spent the last many hours trying to physically exhaust herself with exercise throughout the flight. While not quite indefatigable she's incredibly resilient, but hours and hours of handstand push-ups during turbulence, suspended sit-ups, and similarly punishing efforts have definitely taken a lot out of her as was intended. She arrives already sweaty and warm under her fatigues, so the blast of warm humid air doesn't bother her. The glare of the city lights forces her to keep her optic glasses on, but otherwise she's comfortable in her discomfort. Jez turns to the rest of the GIRLS, "Verify against Susan's manifests all our gear. Let's get it done snappy so we can grab some shuteye. Let's aim to set out at dawn." She turns to their host, "Officer Skellian, will we have access to a structure in which to store our equipment when not in use? Sitting there on the tarmac seems a big imposition on the orderly operation of this facility."
Conditions

Gear
Amber Dach

Post by Amber Dach »

Perception: 39% = 1d100: [4] = 4
JIC: 1d20: [20] = 20 / 1d100: [61] = 61

Skills Rolls
Intelligence 49% = 1d100: [32] = 32 (organizing and sorting through information Eight gave her on the complex)
Charm/Impress: 55% = 1d100: [28] = 28 (to try to impress Security Officer Skellian)
Language: Native Tongue (Ancient Greek) 103% = 1d100: [95] = 95
Language: Other: Spanish 89% = 1d100: [61] = 61
Constant/Active Conditions
Constant Conditions

Active Conditions
Alter Aura to change her aura in the following ways:
• Conceal the I.S.P. levels to be show them to be minimal (like a minor psychic).
• Conceal true physical attributes, making them appear to be 30% higher than they truly are.
Alter Aura will last for 8 hours. Costs 2 I.S.P.
While the other GIRLS either sleep or exercise their way through the long flight to Manoa, Amber occupies several hours of the flight by rereading the literature on the area they are dropping into and going over the manifest that Eight provided on the complex. She reads a few hours and then settles down for a few hours nap as a break from her reading. She does this several times and finds the flight passes relatively quickly with something to occupy her mind. As the pilot signals that they are getting close to Manoa and are getting ready to land, Amber pulls on her body armour and gear before briefly concentrating and changing her Aura. It never hurts to keep people guessing, she thinks.

Uhh, she murmurs lightly as the doors of the aircraft open and the heat hits her un-helmeted face she breaks out into a sweat from the hot, humid air. This heat almost feels like home, if it wasn’t for this humidity. She checks her gear over and makes sure she has everything before deplaning.

As Security Officer Skellian addresses them, she will be intrigued at her first meeting with what she hopes is a True Atlantean member of the Skellian Clan. She takes a look at her and decides to ask her some questions in Greek to see is she is one of her race. I hope my Greek isn't too rusty, it has been a while since I have spoken it. She smiles as she says, “Χαιρετίσματα σε εσάς, Αξιωματικός ασφαλείας Skellian Είμαι Amber της φυλής Bagh-Dach. Θα ήσασταν μέλος της φυλής Skellian. Έχω ακούσει για τη φυλή σου, αλλά δεν έχω γνωρίσει ποτέ κανένα από τους ανθρώπους σου.” * Amber hopes that she is correct in her assumption that this is a member of Clan Skellian as she waits for a reply.

* Greek Translation
“Greetings to you, Security Officer Skellian! I am Amber of the Clan Bagh-Dach. Would you be a member of Clan Skellian? I have heard of your Clan, but have never met any of your people before.”
She will continue in Greek if Security Officer Skellian replies in Greek to her, otherwise she will switch to Spanish. “Θα ήθελα πολύ να επισκεφτώ και να δω την όμορφη πόλη σας μόλις τελειώσουμε την επιχείρησή μας εδώ.” ** And maybe visit a Tattoo Master while I am here!

** Greek Translation
“I would very much to visit and see your beautiful city once we are done our business here.”
Amber Dach

Current Conditions
Conditions

Millicent Mayeux

JIC: 1d20: [19] = 19 | 1d100: [62] = 62
Perception: 1d100<56: [48*] = 1

After finishing her final task at her workbench, Millicent will lean back and stretch, her eyes catching the clock in the hanger. ”Shit!” Almost falling out of her chair, Millicent will gather the devices she had been working on and make her way as quickly as she can to the shower. A quick 5 minute rinse is all the time she has for as she scrambles to get a clean jumpsuit on.

Millicent will run back down to the hanger and make sure everything is in order, including her armor, weapons, and her teams gear she had been working on. Shew will then gather up anything the GIRLS did not gather themselves yet and make her way to the airfield. She will store both sets of armor in the Susan’s ATV along with her weapons and the tools she chooses to bring.She will then buckle into one of the transports seats with a little reservation.

”I haven’t really flown before. Short hops? Yeah. I once got a great helicopter tour of Ishpeming. Nothing as long as this will be.” She glances around. ”Its amazing something weighing so much can fly.” She understood the physics of it but still it was hard for her brain to comprehend in a realistic manner. The Operator will continue to babble about nothing for a few minutes. During a lull in the conversation, Millicent will fall asleep and stay that way for a good 10 hours.

When she wakes up, Milly will yawn and try her best to find some coffee. If she can’t, she will relieve herself and then begin the pre-checks she always done before getting into her Power Armor. After the checks on her armor are done, Milly will then recheck her pistols and their ammo, along with the new set of armor she has stored in the ATV. Just in case. She looks at the set of custom armor longingly. She couldn’t wait for a real chance to test the suit out. Right now the Monkey is needed. If we were deploying from in-flight.... She considers the option and really wants to test out the suits flight systems.

Millicent will still just be in her jumpsuit when the plane lands and the doors open. She immediately regrets the decision to not suit up in the plane. If I have to be outside my armor for any long I am going to hate this op.. Millicent immediately starts sweating as she eyes the ATV and her armor inside.

Her attention will focus on the armored guards as the officer greets them.
Underguard wrote:The crew of the aircraft unhitch their equipment and offload the craft, moving everything off to the side. They are all approached by a trio of human looking females, two clad in Hoplite Power Armor, with the third wearing what seems to be modified mage armor. "Your arrival went smoothly, I am Security Officer Astrid Skellian. Please inspect your equipment and vacate the tarmac as quickly as possible. If you intend to venture beyond the walls, I would recommend you wait until daybreak, but that is your decision. You may keep any weapons you have on you, but if you cause any violence while within our boarders, we will respond in kind. If you have any questions, please let me know, we will wait here while you clear the tarmac." She says.

Jezebel wrote:"Verify against Susan's manifests all our gear. Let's get it done snappy so we can grab some shuteye. Let's aim to set out at dawn." She turns to their host, "Officer Skellian, will we have access to a structure in which to store our equipment when not in use? Sitting there on the tarmac seems a big imposition on the orderly operation of this facility."
Millicent nods to Jezebel as she gives basic instructions to the team. God, I want a shower. She looks around the tarmac and the airport itself. Where is the nearest shower? She will once again inventory her own gear before checking the groups gear against Susan’s lists, even as she probably does so herself. Redundancy isn’t a bad thing. ”We are staying here till morning? Good. I can find a shower.” I Shouldn’t have slept during the trip down here… what am I going to do all night? I am going to have to get into my armor right after I shower if I want to stay comfortable down here...
Millicent Mayeux
Millicent Mayeux