Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 221
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Susan Lee »

Perception: 1d100: [7] = 7 / 38%
JiC: 1d20: [20] = 20 / 1d100: [9] = 9

Susan watches Jez usher the ATV across the river and thinks... Yes. No one has ever seen a trid show. I was right to join them.

Once across the tree, she claps her hands, "Commander, that was clinically insane! I need a moment to cover our trail." She unloads the drones and gets them in place for a good cross-angle on the tree.

Babies, destroy the tree. Make it in the river.


Once the 'bridge' has been destroyed behind them, Susan loads the babies back in the ATV and climbs into the passenger compartment, ready to move on to their destination.

"Number 8, I build up castles. I tear down mountains. I make some men blind, I help others to see. What am I?"
It's DNA, all the way down./Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
Image
User avatar
Amber Dach
Posts: 85
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:50 am

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Amber Dach »

Perception: 39% = 1d100: [41] = 41
JiC: 1d20: [17] = 17 | 1d100: [20] = 20

Skills Rolls
Land Navigation 58% = 1d100: [97] = 97
Constant/Active Conditions
Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense: Range 180’
Sense Supernatural Evil & Sense Magic Energy: Range 300’
Sense the Presence of Vampires and Vampire Intelligences: Range 1000' radius
Sense Rifts and Ley Lines: Senses Ley Lines up to 5 miles away, a nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away.

Alter Aura to change her aura in the following ways:
• The general level of experience can be made to seem much higher (1d4+3 levels higher) than it really is.
• Conceal the I.S.P. levels to be show them to be minimal (like a minor psychic).
• Conceal the presence of magic.
Alter Aura will last for 8 hours. 4.25 hours remaining. Costs 2 I.S.P.
Amber is awe of the feat of strength she just saw Jez perform. “Very impressive Jez.” And she really didn’t know she was capable of this. We really need to get back to Manoa after this to see if the Healers there can unscramble some of her memories to what happened to her in the past.

Amber will do a quick check to ensure that nothing got left behind on the other side of the river and then takes her seat in the Mountaineer. “I could use a bite to eat but I think we should push on a bit further before we stop again. We have caused enough racket here that everyone in the area knows we are here. Maybe we can find a good spot to stop further along the path.” She looks at Eight as she checks their progress on her armour's computer. “How much further is it anyways, Eight?”
Amber Dach
Current Conditions
Conditions
P.P.E.: 33
I.S.P.: 128/130
H.P.: 27
S.D.C.: 87

Crystal Deflector Gauntlet: 13/15 melee round charges remaining


Image
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
Posts: 611
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Jezebel »

Perception: 77% / 1d100: [65] = 65
JIC: 1d20: [12] = 12
JIC: 1d100: [58] = 58
Conditions: Critical strike on 18-20, K.O. on N20, Energy Resistance, NE-BA-26 & Stalker Suit worn, N-F50A active

Jez pipes up out loud once they're across the river. "Thanks, ladies. That was a stretch even for me. Speaking of which, Susan, remind me to do a hard stretch tonight before we get shuteye. My joints are gonna need it after that punishment." Thank Atlas for Arismal genetics! She snaps down her visor, keys her mic, and adds via the radio, "Amber's right. No doubt we've raised enough ruckus to draw attention. It's time to get the frak outta here. Eight, lead the way at our best speed." While on the road she keep her senses alert to potential dangers.

Trap/Mine Detection 85% / 1d100: [41] = 41
Detect Concealment 85% / 1d100: [8] = 8
Detect Ambush 90% / 1d100: [77] = 77
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 67
S.D.C.: 133/133
P.T.P.: 1600/1600
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)
Image
User avatar
Millicent Mayeux
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:04 pm

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Millicent Mayeux »

Perception: 1d100<57: [75] = 0
JIC: 1d100: [1] = 1 | 1d20: [16] = 16

Millicent falls in line and rides on the side of the ATV room permitting, otherwise she will escort the vehicle through the thick foliage. Running regular shocks on her armor systems, the technician will begin to get anxious; the thought that she is being watched cannot be shook. I miss the bugs. Fuck, did I actually think that? Millicent looks around,s earthling for ambushes or barbarians. Or barbarian ambushers. ”I hope there is not much more between us and this facility. I am starting to miss signs of civilization.”
Millicent Mayeux
Millicent Mayeux
  • HP:23/23
  • SDC:30/30
  • ISP:57/57
  • Helmet*: 70/70
  • R. Arm: 50/50
    • Right Forearm Housing: 60/60
      • Jumper Cables*: 2/2
      • Air Drill*: 2/2
      • Air Grinder*: 4/4
      • Air Impact Drill*: 5/5
      • Air Hammer*: 4/4
      • Vibro-Cutters*: 2/2
      • UEL Cables*: 6 each
  • L. Arm:50/50
    • Left Forearm Diagnostic Computer: 30/30
  • Main Body: 185/185
    • R. Chest Light with M.D.C. Shutters: 35/35
    • L. Chest Light with M.D.C. Shutters*: 35/35
    • Air Tank (lower back): 15/15
  • R.Leg:90/90
  • L.Leg:90/90
    • Leg Drum/Tank #1 (left, upper leg): 16/16
    • Leg Drum/Tank #2 (left, upper leg): 16/16
    • Leg Drum/Tank #3 (left, upper leg): 16/16
  • Integrated N-40A Forcefield:110/110
*=-4 to hit, called shot only.

Image
User avatar
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 203
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:23 pm

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Analoy »

Percep: 58%= 1d100: [59] = 59
JIC: . 1d20: [20] = 20 1d100: [83] = 83

Cook 105%= 1d100: [12] = 12 (prep lunch)

Analoy swears as Jez sets the ATV down on the other side of the river. "Frak boss, remind me to stay on your good side."

She climbs up on top of the ATV near the turret and gets a hand hold. Then clicks in on the team channel, "Once we get some miles between us and all the racket we just made, I'll slip into the ATV and put a cold lunch together. We don't really need to stop though. Worst case I can power up and fly lunch out to everyone. At this point I'd rather keep moving and get to the base before dark."

Analoy tightens her grip as the ATV sets off. If they don't come across any other obstacles or ambushes, after amount 90 minutes, she will slip down into the ATV through the turret and start prepping some sandwiches to pass out.
Analoy Landie
Current Details
P.P.E.: 227/227
M.D.C.: 196/196
Charm/Impress: 20%

Image
Image
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
Posts: 499
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Underguard »

Conditions wrote:Location: Somewhere West of Manoa, South America, Brasil
Time/Date: 12:45:00 PM (An hour and a half have passed); January 1st, 112PA
Environmental Conditions: 97°F (36.1°C); Hot, wet and humid; the air is thick and the sunlight is strong.
Before starting their trek, Susan destroys the crossing they made as everyone resituates and then begins their trek. Amber taking shotgun this time, tries to help Lucille navigate however she is completely out of her element in this environment and steers them towards a cliff face. Fortunately it is a simple matter to reroute with the route Eight provided and the team is on course. Susan continues her intellectual assault on the android with her riddle, to which the android turns slightly towards her. "I am sand." It answers simply before returning towards helping guide Lucille.

Enroute, Jezebel does spot several traps laid out that appear to be made of a combination of vines, logs, rocks and netting, rope and other type equipment. No doubt placed here to catch unsuspecting travelers however the GIRLS were suspecting and are able to reroute around them with ease. There doesn't seem to be anyone handling said traps.

About an hour into the travel, Eight pings over the radio. "The facility entrance is located on the other side of the coming rock face. It will be hard to see until we are right upon it. Terrain and local willing, we are less than thirty minutes from the door." It states. Analoy takes her queue and prepares the team a cold light lunch on the road for everyone to enjoy before diving into whatever they may come to find.

Fifteen minutes after that radio call, Eight opens the door to the ATV. "I will lead now, follow my exact path, do not deviate." It states simply and leaps out. Jezebel is ahead of the ATV and no sooner did she hear that radio call did the android seem to zoom past her. Her trained eye sees several curious items sticking out from the ground, like black antennae spread out over several meters. There is a single path large enough for the ATV between these that the android leads them through until it reaches a collection of large trees that rest against the rock face. They stand tall and between them, embedded into the stone is a door that a passing eye would never have seen.

"We have arrived. At this point, I will disable internal security as I am able so that we may enter unimpeded. Note, if it truly is the former employee, they may have had the means to restrict my access; I also cannot control anything that is not automated. When you are ready, I will open the door." Eight says, standing next to a small terminal that seems to be woven into the nearest tree.

Main Level.png
Sub Level.png


What are you doing?


Jezebel: Right Arm of NEBA26 Destroyed, NE-202 Destroyed. | -18 M.D.C. N-F50A
Analoy:
Megan: -36 M.D.C. from Main Body of SAMAS
Susan:
Lucille: -49 M.D.C. from the ATV MB
Amber: -2 I.S.P. | -22 M.D.C. from Shield
Millicent: -37 M.D.C. from the MB of Grease Monkey
ImageImage
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
AA Professional Services GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe (PW GR) | Altruist (PW GA) | Harbinger (PW VR)|| EP Ledger
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
Posts: 611
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Jezebel »

Perception: 77% / 1d100: [55] = 55
JIC: 1d20 / 1d100: [2]+[63] = 65
Conditions: Critical strike on 18-20, K.O. on N20, Energy Resistance, Optic Glasses worn, N-F50A active

Skills used during infiltration
Prowl 95% / 1d100: [68] = 68 (+20% vs sensors) (self-explanatory)
Detect Ambush 90% / 1d100: [7] = 7 (self-explanatory)
Trap/Mine Detection 85% / 1d100: [55] = 55 (self-explanatory)
Find Contraband and Illegal Weapons 81% / 1d100: [54] = 54 (to discern any concealed things of interest)
Intelligence 82% / 1d100: [94] = 94 (to discern any useful intel from what she sees)
Detect Concealment 85% / 1d100: [94] = 94 (to discern any concealed things of interest)
Computer Hacking 90% / 1d100: [29] = 29 (+25% when merged, +20% to computer skills against passive security) (to gain access to root systems to know the IT network structure)
Surveillance 75% / 1d100: [1] = 1 (to detect any surveillance of the team)

Jez parks her Hornet amid the collection of large trees that rest against the rock face. She glides quietly along the rock face, clinging to shadows where possible in a crouch as she moves. She speaks softly to the voice actuated systems of her armor. "Activate all sensory systems. Encrypt all transmissions until further notice; burst transmissions only. Route all incoming signals to HUD, and dehumidify suit environment ten percent." It's getting a bit swampy in here.

Jez keys her mic and says to the GIRLS outside with her, "This is it. Keep your head on a swivel, ladies. Susan, you're in the center once we enter. Lucy, mind the vehicles, man that cannon and frakking HOSE anyone or anything that gives you any cause for concern. Milly, you're covering our rear. This is what I was trained to do, so I'll take point, Amber, you're behind me. Megan, Annie, you cover our flanks once we're in when able. Stay alert and stay alive. "

She calls out to Eight. "Open the door and walk inside like you belong." Once the door opens, she'll slip inside behind Eight and duck out of sight to one side to survey the interior. She looks for a computer terminal. Should the means to do so present itself, she'll merge with it and hack the system so as to understand what kind of IT network exists, and how its organized/structured.
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 67
S.D.C.: 133/133
P.T.P.: 1600/1600
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)
Image
User avatar
Amber Dach
Posts: 85
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:50 am

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Amber Dach »

Perception: 39% = 1d100: [56] = 56
JiC: 1d20: [11] = 11 | 1d100: [45] = 45

Skills Rolls
Computer Operation 60% = 1d100: [93] = 93 (making sure her information on the facility is available for herself)
Intelligence 49% = 1d100: [14] = 14 (looking for any intel)
Prowl ability 30% = 1d100: [12] = 12 (self explanatory)
Constant/Active Conditions
Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense: Range 180’
Sense Supernatural Evil & Sense Magic Energy: Range 300’
Sense the Presence of Vampires and Vampire Intelligences: Range 1000' radius
Sense Rifts and Ley Lines: Senses Ley Lines up to 5 miles away, a nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away.

Alter Aura to change her aura in the following ways:
• The general level of experience can be made to seem much higher (1d4+3 levels higher) than it really is.
• Conceal the I.S.P. levels to be show them to be minimal (like a minor psychic).
• Conceal the presence of magic.
Alter Aura will last for 8 hours. 2.75 hours remaining. Costs 2 I.S.P.
As they approach the hidden facility entrance, Amber makes sure the schematics and access codes for the facility are easily accessible in her HUD. She checks over her equipment and makes sure she has everything she wants to take with her into the facility. She makes sure she has a fresh Eclip loaded into her sidearm and that she is ready to go. She takes a deep breath in and exhales slowly. Alright, once more unto the breach and all that. Amber nods and replies curtly to Jez’s orders via secure comms, “Roger Temptress. On your six.” She takes a moment to allow her senses to reach out to detect Supernatural Evil, Magic or Vampires in the area and will follow Jez’s lead into the building as quietly as possible with sidearm out and at the ready.
Amber Dach
Current Conditions
Conditions
P.P.E.: 33
I.S.P.: 128/130
H.P.: 27
S.D.C.: 87

Crystal Deflector Gauntlet: 13/15 melee round charges remaining


Image
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 221
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Susan Lee »

Perception: 1d100: [100] = 100 / 32%
JIC: 1d20: [4] = 4 / 1d100: [87] = 87

When Eight responds to her riddle, Susan is mildly shocked. So it understands the concept of riddles. But it either couldn't answer a humorous riddle or refused. This suggests it likely is not a true sentience, just a highly-sophisticated program. Or maybe just a jerk with no sense of humor...

Artificial Intelligence (to suss out the implications of this initial set of riddle feedback): 1d100: [30] = 30 / 41%

When Jez starts giving orders, Susan says, "Roger, Commander. Now would be a good time to limber up. After your recent workout it would be problematic if you pulled a muscle. Everyone, please confirm you're carrying a Babies Token."

Babies, come out of the car, please. Shields ON!

She links the drones to her radar array and activates her own forcefield at the same time. Default to radar targets, but pending future orders fire at all non-token bearers.

"Do we want the babies at the front together or one at the front and one at the back...?"

If Jez doesn't respond, Susan sends both drones to the front, keeping them to opposite sides of the tunnel and trying to keep them in shadow.
Last edited by Susan Lee on Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's DNA, all the way down./Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
Image
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
Posts: 611
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Jezebel »

Susan Lee wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:42 pm Jez picks out Susan's "token" and flashes it at her quickly. Miniature, autonomous, robotic scouts...good thinking again, Susan.
"Do we want the babies at the front together or one at the front and one at the back...?"

If Jez doesn't respond, Susan sends both drones to the front, keeping them to opposite sides of the tunnel and trying to keep them in shadow.
"Send one ahead as a forward scout and maintain the other in reserve. So far as I'm aware, we're not on a timer here, so quiet is preferable to fast."
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 67
S.D.C.: 133/133
P.T.P.: 1600/1600
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)
Image
User avatar
Millicent Mayeux
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:04 pm

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Millicent Mayeux »

Perception: 1d100<57: [4*] = 1
JIC: 1d100: [26] = 26 | 1d20: [10] = 10
Underguard wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:03 pm "We have arrived. At this point, I will disable internal security as I am able so that we may enter unimpeded. Note, if it truly is the former employee, they may have had the means to restrict my access; I also cannot control anything that is not automated. When you are ready, I will open the door." Eight says, standing next to a small terminal that seems to be woven into the nearest tree.
Millicent breathes a sigh of relief when the android announced their journey over. What was originally a verdant tapestry of colors and new flora for the Operator, Millicent now found the jungle to be unbearably oppressive- nearly claustrophobic. The sterile corridors of a research la b seemed welcoming in comparison.

At jezebel’s directives, Millicent nods and keys her radio to the teams frequency. ”Roger that.” As the team enters the facility, Millicent gives them a good 20 foot lead before moving in behind them, only catching up when corners demand for line of sight.

In the interest of attempting to appear non thread tending, Millicent keep her pistols holstered.
Millicent Mayeux
Millicent Mayeux
  • HP:23/23
  • SDC:30/30
  • ISP:57/57
  • Helmet*: 70/70
  • R. Arm: 50/50
    • Right Forearm Housing: 60/60
      • Jumper Cables*: 2/2
      • Air Drill*: 2/2
      • Air Grinder*: 4/4
      • Air Impact Drill*: 5/5
      • Air Hammer*: 4/4
      • Vibro-Cutters*: 2/2
      • UEL Cables*: 6 each
  • L. Arm:50/50
    • Left Forearm Diagnostic Computer: 30/30
  • Main Body: 185/185
    • R. Chest Light with M.D.C. Shutters: 35/35
    • L. Chest Light with M.D.C. Shutters*: 35/35
    • Air Tank (lower back): 15/15
  • R.Leg:90/90
  • L.Leg:90/90
    • Leg Drum/Tank #1 (left, upper leg): 16/16
    • Leg Drum/Tank #2 (left, upper leg): 16/16
    • Leg Drum/Tank #3 (left, upper leg): 16/16
  • Integrated N-40A Forcefield:110/110
*=-4 to hit, called shot only.

Image
User avatar
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 203
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:23 pm

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Analoy »

Percep: 58%= 1d100: [56] = 56
JIC: . 1d20: [16] = 16 1d100: [23] = 23

Conditions: PPE: 247/222; Armor - 210/210 min , 115/115 M.D.C.

Prowl 65%= 1d100: [14] = 14

Analoy enjoys her time riding on top of the ATV but when the radio crackles to life and Eight states that they are almost there, she tenses up a little in anticipation of the coming action.

When they pull up to the facility, Analoy checks over her gear, This is it girl. First mission back and oh so many new people. Gear looks good. Can't think of anything I should grab outta my backpack. Moving to the side of the ATV, she climbs down, "I wonder if I could bleach out the mane on this armor. Or better yet, replace it with something I can change the colors on. Oh, maybe some fiber lights too." She gives a shrug as she hops the last little way to the ground.

Unslinging her rifle, Analoy tucks the butt into her shoulder but keeps the barrel down as she moves over to take up a position beside Megan. All trace of the chattiness that was in her voice a moment ago is gone as she clicks her comms on and replies to Jez, "Roger. Roger." She gives Jez a firm nod and grins to herself as she pictures the tattoo of a Knight in full armor that's on her ribs and activates her force field. Oh yes, this is going to be fun.

As they move into the facility, Analoy keeps as quiet as she can. No sense letting whoever know we're here.
Analoy Landie
Current Details
P.P.E.: 227/227
M.D.C.: 196/196
Charm/Impress: 20%

Image
Image
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 221
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Susan Lee »

ROLLS HELD

Susan salutes Jez, "Aye aye, commander. You hear that, Cordelia? You're finally going to be brave."

She sends Cordelia out in front of the group and has Captain Cullen take up the rear.

As Analoy muses about her armor upgrades, Susan nods enthusiastically. "I was able to glue fur and a wig to gun robots, I'm sure you can make your armor really shine." Then she adds, helpfully, "I still have some glue at the base."
It's DNA, all the way down./Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
Image
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
Posts: 499
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Underguard »

Conditions wrote:Location: Somewhere West of Manoa, South America, Brasil
Time/Date: 12:50:00 PM (About 5 minutes have passed); January 1st, 112PA
Environmental Conditions: 66°F (18.9°C); Cool, stale air.
The sentries Susan so gleefully refers to her as babies disembark and join the crew. And after the GIRLS collect and organize with orders doled out, Eight does as instructed and opens the door and strolls in as though it belongs. Jezebel, Analoy and Millicent all see a dark interior that illuminates as Eight walks in. There is no obvious light location, it just seems as though the entire first room is lit without leaving shadows. What is obvious to everyone as you walk in is a corpse with blood stained on the floor and walls with several large dents.

Jezebel sees several indents in the wall where probably auto-defenses are located that currently seem inactive as well as a pair of domes on the ceiling that are easily identifiable as possible cameras. Whether they are active or not is impossible to tell at the moment.

Susan is completely oblivious to all of this as she contemplates their companion, Eight, and its decision to answer her most recent riddle and not the earlier ones. While somewhat experienced in the study of artificial intelligence, she has never met a true one so Eight remains an enigma to her. However, she is confident Eight has displayed sentience as far as she can tell though it is reserved. She isn't able to tell if the androids reservations is because it desires to be or because it is programmed to be. In her quandary, she trips over the corpse and nearly falls into Amber.

Amber extends her senses to see if she can pick up on any supernatural evils that may be lurking inside the facility within range. When she does this, she is nearly floored with a sickening feeling that something evil is indeed within range of them; something that radiates enough to almost give the lantean a headache.

Immediately to the left of the door (on the right side if looking from the inside, out; or south side of the door on the map) is a small computer terminal that also has stained blood on it. Jezebel moves to this and attempts to merge with it, exerting her overpowering control over the computer system to see what she can gain access too. As soon as Jezebel connects, she is met with heavy resistance akin to a powerful firewall that seems to be limiting access to root control. She gains knowledge about the structure of the internal system, including that under normal operations, there is an Artificial Intelligence that controls the base in its entirety. That AI seems to have gone offline and all that remains is the existing firewalls. Jez knows this terminal won't grant her access to the root directory, but that a nearby terminal in either Research Lab 1 or 2 could. She also knows that the AI root would be found on the second level in the secondary control station and that bringing it online would restore this facility, at least partially. There is also an impressive block on both the Hangar and Testing rooms.

Eight looks towards the dead corpse and touches it while Jezebel does her merge and its face visibly softens. "This was Miz'u; one of the creator's most brilliant researchers." It states before standing and looking towards the next door. "The base is offline; we must restore it and we can contain whatever else is going on here." It finishes, glancing to the others and moving towards the door, ready to open it.

GIRLS Movement 1.png


What are you doing?


Jezebel: Right Arm of NEBA26 Destroyed, NE-202 Destroyed. | -18 M.D.C. N-F50A
Analoy:
Megan: -36 M.D.C. from Main Body of SAMAS
Susan:
Lucille: -49 M.D.C. from the ATV MB
Amber: -2 I.S.P.
Millicent:
ImageImage
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
AA Professional Services GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe (PW GR) | Altruist (PW GA) | Harbinger (PW VR)|| EP Ledger
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
Posts: 611
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Jezebel »

Perception: 77% / 1d100: [16] = 16
JIC: 1d20: [10] = 10
Conditions: Critical strike on 18-20, K.O. on N20, Energy Resistance, NE-BA-26 & Stalker Suit worn, N-F50A active
Prowl 95% / 1d100 (+20% vs sensors) (self-explanatory): [17] = 17
Detect Ambush 90% / 1d100 (self-explanatory): [59] = 59
Trap/Mine Detection 85% / 1d100 (self-explanatory): [58] = 58
Find Contraband and Illegal Weapons 81% / 1d100 (to discern any concealed things of interest): [68] = 68
Intelligence 82% / 1d100 (to discern any useful intel from what she sees): [92] = 92
Detect Concealment 85% / 1d100 (to discern any concealed things of interest): [31] = 31
Surveillance 75% / 1d100 (to detect any surveillance of the team): [25] = 25

Jez extracts her tendrils from the terminal and pops her visor to speak directly to the rest of the GIRLS, "An A.I. normally runs this facility; it's offline, but digital firewalls exist, and this terminal only has limited access. We need to get to either Research Lab 1 or 2 so that we can hack past the firewalls and restore the A.I. if that's possible. The A.I.'s located in the secondary control station, so if there are physical repairs necessary, that's where the repairs will likely be necessary. The Hangar and Testing rooms are walled off, digital enclosures, so it's reasonable to assume that there's some frakkery going on in those locations." Let's hope the others got some more useful info as well.

Jez adds, "We've got a straight shot South along this P-way until we hit the first security junction (#5). From there, we'll head North checking out the labs to see if we can gain access. Susan, keep one of your spies at that first junction (#5) as a lookout for us, then send the other a bit forward to provide advanced notice should something be headed our way--they're look-outs, not combatants, so retrieve them if they're in harm's way." She looks to the others, "Keep your eyes open for anything useful or anything that gives you a bad vibe. Don't distrust your guts--and keep yourselves plastered to the walls on either side if you can. Keep a clear field of fire down the middle if possible. Anyone got anything else to add?"

Once everyone's contributed what they can, Jez will slowly lead the group all the way to the first security junction (#5), inspecting the areas slowly on their way there. She's keep to the left side bulkhead as she leads, providing a clear field of fire for those further behind, and will wave Amber to the right side opposite her to ensure she's similarly safe.
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 67
S.D.C.: 133/133
P.T.P.: 1600/1600
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)
Image
User avatar
Amber Dach
Posts: 85
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:50 am

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Amber Dach »

Perception: 39% = 1d100: [60] = 60
JiC: 1d20: [15] = 15 | 1d100: [66] = 66

Skills Rolls
Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy
o Identify Type/Race of Paranormal Creature: 78% = 1d100: [83] = 83
o Track by Psychic Scent: 65% = 1d100: [31] = 31 (79% if supernatural being is also using magic)

Lore: Demons & Monsters 50% = 1d100: [15] = 15 (knowledge of the creature they may be facing)

Lore: Magic
o Base Skill (general knowledge): 40% = 1d100: [26] = 26 (looking for anything magical)
o Recognize Magic Symbols. Runes and Circles : 30% = 1d100: [26] = 26 (looking for magical symbols, traps, etc)
o Recognized Enchantment: 25% = 1d100: [93] = 93 (looking for signs of enchantment)

Lore: Dimensions 45% = 1d100: [96] = 96 (theorizing how dimensional transporter works)

Intelligence 49% = 1d100: [28] = 28 (looking for signs of what attacked researcher, any intel on the body or access cards etc.)

Prowl ability 30% = 1d100: [6] = 6 (self explanatory)
Constant/Active Conditions
Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense: Range 180’
Sense Supernatural Evil & Sense Magic Energy: Range 300’
Sense the Presence of Vampires and Vampire Intelligences: Range 1000' radius
Sense Rifts and Ley Lines: Senses Ley Lines up to 5 miles away, a nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away.

Alter Aura to change her aura in the following ways:
• The general level of experience can be made to seem much higher (1d4+3 levels higher) than it really is.
• Conceal the I.S.P. levels to be show them to be minimal (like a minor psychic).
• Conceal the presence of magic.
Alter Aura will last for 8 hours. 2.75 hours remaining. Costs 2 I.S.P.
A shiver runs up Amber’s back as she reaches out with her senses into the facility and feels the evil presence deeper down the corridor. She reaches out a hand to steady Susan as she stumbles over the dead body. She quietly says, “Watch your step Doc. You don’t want to get any ick on your boots.” As no one else seems to be very interested in the dead researcher, Amber will give the body an inspection to see if there is any indication of what killed them and look for any access cards or keys that will give them easier access into the facility. How did this become my job on this trip? Checking dead bodies for intel. She gives a wry smile inside her helmet. I think I need a raise!

Jezebel wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:20 pm Jez adds, "We've got a straight shot South along this P-way until we hit the first security junction (#5). From there, we'll head North checking out the labs to see if we can gain access. Susan, keep one of your spies at that first junction (#5) as a lookout for us, then send the other a bit forward to provide advanced notice should something be headed our way--they're look-outs, not combatants, so retrieve them if they're in harm's way." She looks to the others, "Keep your eyes open for anything useful or anything that gives you a bad vibe. Don't distrust your guts--and keep yourselves plastered to the walls on either side if you can. Keep a clear field of fire down the middle if possible. Anyone got anything else to add?"
I always trust my instincts. They have kept me alive to this point. She thinks as she opens her face-plate. She steels her voice to not give away the uneasiness she is feeling as she quietly says, “GIRLS. I can sense something extremely evil deeper into the complex. It must be powerful from the headache it is giving me. I’m still trying to identify what it is. But I’m sure it won’t be friendly, taking a look at this guy here." Nodding towards the body as she speaks. "I may also be able to track it once I identify it’s physic scent, depending on the read I can get on it.” If she is able to identify what it is they are facing, she will offer that information to everyone.

She offers a quick supposition on how it got in. “Since there wasn’t any sign of forced entry into the facility, it may have rifted in. There is a transdimensional transporter here. I'm not an expert in dimensional travel but I know a bit about it. I'm not familiar with this device, so I’m not exactly sure how it works. But I would take a guess that it creates a stable rift and this baddie may have snuck in that way. Rifts seem to attract big, bad nasties, as you may know.” She will listen to any other comments before readying herself as they head further into the facility.
Jezebel wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:20 pm Once everyone's contributed what they can, Jez will slowly lead the group all the way to the first security junction (#5), inspecting the areas slowly on their way there. She keeps to the left side bulkhead as she leads, providing a clear field of fire for those further behind, and will wave Amber to the right side opposite her to ensure she's similarly safe.
Once they are ready to proceed to the next security junction, Amber locks her face-plate back in-place and checks the seals. She follows Jez’s gestures and gets in close to the right side of the corridor wall. She tries to make herself as quiet as possible as they cautiously make their way forward. She is ready to activate her shield at the first sign of trouble and will protect herself with it. Her sidearm is at the ready.
Amber Dach
Current Conditions
Conditions
P.P.E.: 33
I.S.P.: 128/130
H.P.: 27
S.D.C.: 87

Crystal Deflector Gauntlet: 13/15 melee round charges remaining


Image
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 221
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Susan Lee »

Perception: 1d100: [92] = 92 / 38%
JiC: 1d20: [14] = 14 / 1d100: [93] = 93

After Amber catches Susan, she takes a moment to get her balance back. "Thank you, Amber," Susan says, then kneels, examining the body.

Forensics (to determine cause of death): 1d100: [9] = 9 / 73%

Tell me your secrets, please...

When Jezebel begins striding down the hallway, Susan points at the wall between them and the labs, "We could potentially try going through there... No? Going to use normal routes then, okay!"

Assuming Jez chooses not to go through the wall, Susan sends Cordelia up front, keeps Cullen in the rear and follows in the center of the pack as she was instructed, trying to keep as quiet as she can.
It's DNA, all the way down./Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
Image
User avatar
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 203
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:23 pm

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Analoy »

Percep: 58%= 1d100: [94] = 94
JIC: 1d20: [10] = 10 1d100: [46] = 46

Conditions: PPE: 247/222; Armor - 210/210 min , 115/115 M.D.C.

Prowl 65%= 1d100: [57] = 57
Detect Ambush 75%= 1d100: [43] = 43
Trap & Mine Detection 50%= 1d100: [97] = 97
Intelligence 70%= 1d100: [7] = 7 (to determine or pick up on any signs as to what happened here)


Analoy furrows her brows in mild confusion and Jez talks about firewalls and A.I. Maybe Master should have taught me about some of this techno mumbo jumbo. Regardless, Analoy focuses on the things she does understand, Get to lab 1 and 2. Badguys are likely basing out of the Hangar and testing room! The physical instructions that come next are easy enough to follow.

Analoy takes up a position behind Jez, ready to aid in clearing the way if they come up on any opposition. When they reach the Security Junction (#5), Analoy falls back to the rear of the group. Putting her back to the wall as they move toward the Research Labs on corridor 6, she keeps her eyes on the Security Junction (#5). Susan's bot maybe keeping watch west, but if something moves in fast, that little thing may not react quick enough.
Analoy Landie
Current Details
P.P.E.: 227/227
M.D.C.: 196/196
Charm/Impress: 20%

Image
Image
User avatar
Millicent Mayeux
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:04 pm

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Millicent Mayeux »

Perception: 1d100<57: [94] = 0
JIC: 1d100: [10] = 10 | 1d20: [1] = 1

Millicent continues to pull up the rearguard for the group. She pays close attention to the doors she passes through along with the hidden compartments holding some form of defense system. Could I take control of one of the defense systems if it came online? Millicent wonders uncertainly. Her experience was limited when facing technologically adept foes. No matter, Millicent makes sure the team way of egress is as clear as possible as she does her best to watch for potential ambushes.
Amber Dach wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:19 pm“GIRLS. I can sense something extremely evil deeper into the complex. It must be powerful from the headache it is giving me. I’m still trying to identify what it is. But I’m sure it won’t be friendly, taking a look at this guy here." Nodding towards the body as she speaks. "I may also be able to track it once I identify it’s physic scent, depending on the read I can get on it.” If she is able to identify what it is they are facing, she will offer that information to everyone.

She offers a quick supposition on how it got in. “Since there wasn’t any sign of forced entry into the facility, it may have rifted in. There is a transdimensional transporter here. I'm not an expert in dimensional travel but I know a bit about it. I'm not familiar with this device, so I’m not exactly sure how it works. But I would take a guess that it creates a stable rift and this baddie may have snuck in that way. Rifts seem to attract big, bad nasties, as you may know.” She will listen to any other comments before readying herself as they head further into the facility.
Evil? With a capitol ‘E’? MIllicents mood sours even more at the thought. She wanted the bugs more and more. Her mind began summoning images of horned devils wielding plasma rifles hiding in the shadows. ”Our means of egress is clear- for now.” Millicent reports in as the others regroup before continuing. She will continually switch between normal, night vision, infrared and ultraviolet vision setting on her helmet as she sweeps the corridors behind them along with in front of her, ensuring there team is safe from any flanking attacks
Millicent Mayeux
Millicent Mayeux
  • HP:23/23
  • SDC:30/30
  • ISP:57/57
  • Helmet*: 70/70
  • R. Arm: 50/50
    • Right Forearm Housing: 60/60
      • Jumper Cables*: 2/2
      • Air Drill*: 2/2
      • Air Grinder*: 4/4
      • Air Impact Drill*: 5/5
      • Air Hammer*: 4/4
      • Vibro-Cutters*: 2/2
      • UEL Cables*: 6 each
  • L. Arm:50/50
    • Left Forearm Diagnostic Computer: 30/30
  • Main Body: 185/185
    • R. Chest Light with M.D.C. Shutters: 35/35
    • L. Chest Light with M.D.C. Shutters*: 35/35
    • Air Tank (lower back): 15/15
  • R.Leg:90/90
  • L.Leg:90/90
    • Leg Drum/Tank #1 (left, upper leg): 16/16
    • Leg Drum/Tank #2 (left, upper leg): 16/16
    • Leg Drum/Tank #3 (left, upper leg): 16/16
  • Integrated N-40A Forcefield:110/110
*=-4 to hit, called shot only.

Image
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
Posts: 499
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Underguard »

Conditions wrote:Location: Somewhere West of Manoa, South America, Brasil
Time/Date: 12:55:00 PM (5 minutes have passed); January 1st, 112PA
Environmental Conditions: 66°F (18.9°C); Cool, stale air.
Susan investigates the body while everyone else discusses what they have been able to glean off the entrance room. Susan identifies several lacerations and that the likely cause of death was massive trauma to the body; something clawed and beat this body to death. Analoy puts together from what Amber and Jez have both said, and how the body died that something took this base offline and it likely was not the work of the Uteni.

Amber thinks hard about what could be with them in the facility but whatever she is feeling is alien to her and their are no identifiable magical markings, not that she would expect to find them in a Naruni facility. While thinking on the idea of a dimensional transporter that uses technology instead of magic, she is at a complete loss for how it could function. Though, she does successfully pick up a psionic scent that used to be in this room from the evil she senses. It's lingering but old, about as old as the body since it had died she could guess.

Moving on from that, the team fastens up and moves on. Eight opens the door to the next corridor that leads to the first security checkpoint. The hallway is dark and roughly seventy feet long; there are several dents and caked blood that line the floor and walls visible. It is likely that its from the body in the entryway trying to escape whatever else is in the facility. There are also scorch marks on the walls that only Jezebel can see amid the darkened interior signaling likely weapons fire, though there was no weapon on the body and no visible defenses active. Millicent maintains a constant watch on their rear and notices the doorway behind them automatically shuts as they reach about thirty feet away.

The hallway is quiet besides the sounds of their steps against the metallic hallway, though even that is subdued. Everyone can feel their collective selves feeling uneasy, unsure what to even expect from the security checkpoint. Arriving at the door, there is no visible access that Jezebel can see though Eight approaches and places its hand on the door. A few moments later, it slides open.

Inside, the GIRLS aren't sure what they see. A room in tatters, completely demolished. If there had been a security desk, it was in pieces. There are four turrets on the ceiling that are ripped from their mounts and left dangling and scorch marks that pepper the walls. What's more impressive, or concerning, is the two large and mangled robotic cyborgs in either corner of the room, anyone who has been to the Naruni Enterprise's storefront in Merctown can recall seeing over a dozen of these near statue like and fear inspiring robots. Eight moves towards one of them and kneels, shaking its head. "We will need to proceed with caution; whatever is loose is strong enough to contend with these and win. Please leave them where they lie, the Creator will wish to salvage these." Eight says.

The psionic scent is much stronger in this room for Amber, and looking past the damaged room, the GIRLS can see the next doorway south is wedged open. That malicious feeling grows stronger and suddenly, Amber feels the hairs on the back of her neck stand as her arms feel riddled with goosebumps. The Mind Melter knew they were in danger.

GIRLS Movement 2.png


What are you doing?


Jezebel: Right Arm of NEBA26 Destroyed, NE-202 Destroyed. | -18 M.D.C. N-F50A
Analoy:
Megan: -36 M.D.C. from Main Body of SAMAS
Susan:
Lucille: -49 M.D.C. from the ATV MB
Amber: Sixth Sense Active, -4 I.S.P.
Millicent:
ImageImage
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
AA Professional Services GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe (PW GR) | Altruist (PW GA) | Harbinger (PW VR)|| EP Ledger
User avatar
Amber Dach
Posts: 85
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:50 am

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Amber Dach »

Perception: 39% = 1d100: [61] = 61
JiC: 1d20: [13] = 13 | 1d100: [13] = 13

Skills Rolls
Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy
o Identify Type/Race of Paranormal Creature: 78% = 1d100: [41] = 41
o Track by Psychic Scent: 65% = 1d100: [36] = 36 (79% if supernatural being is also using magic)
Lore: Demons & Monsters 50% = 1d100: [80] = 80 (knowledge of what they are facing)
Constant/Active Conditions
Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense: Range 180’
Sense Supernatural Evil & Sense Magic Energy: Range 300’
Sense the Presence of Vampires and Vampire Intelligences: Range 1000' radius
Sense Rifts and Ley Lines: Senses Ley Lines up to 5 miles away, a nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away.
Alter Aura to change her aura in the following ways:
• The general level of experience can be made to seem much higher (1d4+3 levels higher) than it really is.
• Conceal the I.S.P. levels to be show them to be minimal (like a minor psychic).
• Conceal the presence of magic.
Alter Aura will last for 8 hours. 2.75 hours remaining. Costs 2 I.S.P.
As they enter what is left of the security room, Amber looks in disbelief at the giant bots that have been dismantled and are now littering the floor. What in the Nine Hells did this??? She shakes her head slowly. What did they unleash in here? Or is something that they created? Feeling the malicious presence getting closer, she alerts the GIRLs to its imminent arrival. She clicks on her secure comms to make sure whatever they are facing doesn't hear the warning she is about to give. “Get ready, GIRLS! Incoming baddie.” She takes a deep breath and readies her Vibro-sword not wanting to risk friendly fire in the coming encounter.

Combat Rolls
Intentions: Defend herself from whatever is attacking.
Initiative: 1d20+9: [9]+9 = 18
Non-Combat Action: Move towards wall so she can not be flanked while still allowing her to swing her sword and activate Crystal Deflector Gauntlet (Apsis shaped 40” diameter, 80 MDC), draws Vibrosword.

Action 1: Strike with Vibrosword: 1d20+5: [20]+5 = 25 ; Damage: 4d4+1d6: [2, 4, 4, 1]+[6] = 17 MD Nat 20! = 34 MD
Action 2: Strike with Vibrosword: 1d20+5: [9]+5 = 14 ; Damage: 4d4+1d6: [4, 2, 4, 1]+[5] = 16 MD
Action 3: Strike with Vibrosword: 1d20+5: [10]+5 = 15 ; Damage: 4d4+1d6: [2, 4, 2, 3]+[6] = 17 MD
Action 4: Strike with Vibrosword: 1d20+5: [20]+5 = 25 ; Damage: 4d4+1d6: [4, 2, 3, 3]+[3] = 15 MD Nat 20! = 30 MD
Action 5: Strike with Vibrosword: 1d20+5: [10]+5 = 15 ; Damage: 4d4+1d6: [1, 2, 4, 1]+[4] = 12 MD
Action 6: Strike with Vibrosword: 1d20+5: [18]+5 = 23 ; Damage: 4d4+1d6: [4, 4, 2, 4]+[3] = 17 MD

Parries with Shield: 1d20+8: [10]+8 = 18 , 1d20+8: [14]+8 = 22 , 1d20+8: [14]+8 = 22 , 1d20+8: [5]+8 = 13 , 1d20+8: [7]+8 = 15 , 1d20+8: [3]+8 = 11
(OCC: Parries using Shield have a push-back effect occurs when an attacker strikes the shield with his own body or a melee weapon, requiring he make a saving throw roll of 14 or higher. A failed save means striking the shield pushes him back 1D6 feet (0.3 to 1.8 m) and he loses one melee attack!)
Amber Dach
Current Conditions
Conditions
P.P.E.: 33
I.S.P.: 128/130
H.P.: 27
S.D.C.: 87

Crystal Deflector Gauntlet: 13/15 melee round charges remaining


Image
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
Posts: 611
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Jezebel »

Perception: 77% / 1d100: [58] = 58
JIC: 1d20: [18] = 18 / 1d100: [18] = 18
Conditions: Critical strike on 18-20, K.O. on N20, Energy Resistance, NE-BA-26 & Stalker Suit worn, N-F50A active; merged with NE-BA-26 & NE-9DB Plasma Shotgun
GM wrote:several dents and caked blood line the floor and walls....scorch marks on the walls...no weapon on the body and no visible defenses
Jez points out these features as they pass by them, inviting speculation. Clearly there was a frakkin' fight, but I'm no Master at Arms so any genius insights had best come from someone else. In the next room, seeing the mangled remains of the turrets and 'bots, Jez adds, "I can only take over functional machines, I can't learn anything from them. Can any of you interface with any of these machines to see if it has a story to tell?"
Amber wrote:“Get ready, GIRLS! Incoming baddie.”
Jez unslings the NE-9DB Plasma Shotgun from her shoulder and slaps her body tight against the southwestern wall beside the door Eight's facing. Finally, the tension breaks and we get some action. She'll unload in the threat's face a double-blast of super-heavy plasma cartridges then let the shotgun fall to the wayside on its sling so she can engage the threat physically...assuming it's not been incinerated by the Naruni weapon's discharge.

Combat Stuff
Intentions: to blast the danger that's got Amber spooked into submission...or into oblivion if the sitch demands it; seeing as they're in close confines, she will attempt to parry rather than dodge attacks if possible; she will move to the aid of one of the less combat-inclined characters (target their attacker) if the sitch deems it necessary.
Initiative (+8 added): 1d20+8: [13]+8 = 21
Non-Combat Action: readies NE-9DB Plasma Shotgun
Action 1: Aim at target
Action 2: Double Blast with NE-9DB Plasma Shotgun. Aimed Strike: 1d20+9: [18]+9 = 27 , Damage: 2d6*10: [6, 1]*10 = 70 M.D. x2 (critical) = 140 M.D.
Action 3: Close for a Tripping Leg Hook! Strike: 1d20+9: [12]+9 = 21 (No damage, cannot be parried, results in knockdown.)
Action 4: Follow up with a Snap kick! Strike: 1d20+9: [14]+9 = 23 , Damage: 1d6*11: [2]*11 = 22 M.D.
Action 5: Punch it in the head! Strike: 1d20+9: [14]+9 = 23 , Damage: 1d6*10: [3]*10 = 30 M.D.
Action 6: Axe kick to the groin! (assuming its bipedal) Strike: 1d20+9: [5]+9 = 14 , Damage: 1d6*11: [2]*11 = 22 M.D.
Begin a flurry of punches!
Action 7: Left jab! Strike: 1d20+9: [5]+9 = 14 , Damage: 1d6*10: [3]*10 = 30 M.D.
Action 8: Right jab! Strike: 1d20+9: [17]+9 = 26 , Damage: 1d6*10: [2]*10 = 20 M.D.
Actions 9-10: Power Punch Left Cross! Strike: 1d20+9: [7]+9 = 16 , Damage: 2d6*10: [5, 3]*10 = 80 M.D.

Contingency:
If at any point a hostile comes up behind her (cannot be surprised from behind), Jez will give the attacker a nasty surprise with a Back Flip Attack. Strike: 1d20+9: [8]+9 = 17 , Damage: 1d6*10: [4]*10 = 40 M.D.

Parries (+15 included): 1d20+15: [17]+15 = 32 , 1d20+15: [10]+15 = 25 , 1d20+15: [3]+15 = 18 , 1d20+15: [6]+15 = 21 , 1d20+15: [6]+15 = 21 , 1d20+15: [2]+15 = 17 , 1d20+15: [14]+15 = 29 , 1d20+15: [13]+15 = 28 , 1d20+15: [13]+15 = 28 , 1d20+15: [18]+15 = 33
Auto-Dodges (+9 included): 1d20+9: [18]+9 = 27 , 1d20+9: [13]+9 = 22 , 1d20+9: [13]+9 = 22 , 1d20+9: [19]+9 = 28 , 1d20+9: [20]+9 = 29 , 1d20+9: [13]+9 = 22 , 1d20+9: [3]+9 = 12 , 1d20+9: [16]+9 = 25 , 1d20+9: [6]+9 = 15 , 1d20+9: [9]+9 = 18
Dice rolls
1d20+9: [16]+9 = 25
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 67
S.D.C.: 133/133
P.T.P.: 1600/1600
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)
Image
User avatar
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 203
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:23 pm

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Analoy »

Percep: 58%= 1d100: [63] = 63
JIC: 1d20: [19] = 19 1d100: [91] = 91
Conditions
PPE: 247/182;
Knight in Full Armor - 210/210 min , 115/115 M.D.C.
Black Sun (Darkness Powers) - 35/35 min duration, nightvision 600’; see in magical darkness; can recognize shadow beasts and other shadow-linked creatures even in shadows; Cloak of darkness & Shadow meld (BoM p.93 & 103)
Analoy stays quiet as they proceed into the complex. With the light levels low, she pictures the Black Sun tattoo and powers up with darkness abilities. Grinning inside her helmet at her new ability to power up without touching the tattoo, she suddenly quirks an eyebrow, Frak, underground complex, mines and caves. These GIRLS better not leave me behind again. Best stay on my toes regardless. Her eyes cut to Jez and Susan, the only other GIRLS left from the original formation. She gives a little snort, Stay on task Landie. Dwelling other drek is just gonna cause problems.

Analoy sharpens up as she peers past the others, the bent open door, and into the darkness ahead of them. Tucking the rifle into her shoulder, she wonders, Maybe I should be in the lead with Zdeslav and that vibro-sword in hand?

When Amber's warning comes across the radio, Analoy answer simply with a, "Roger that." She suddenly has an itch to toss a grenade through the wedged open door, but she refrains, for now.

Combat
Actions: 6
Init: 1d20+1: [6]+1 = 7

If she doesn't have a clear shot, Analoy will refrain from firing into a teammate.
1. Strike, laser rifle; 1d20+3: [14]+3 = 17 , Dmg: 3d6: [6, 4, 3] = 13 MD
2. Strike, laser rifle; 1d20+3: [7]+3 = 10 , Dmg: 3d6: [5, 4, 5] = 14 MD
3. Strike, laser rifle; 1d20+3: [18]+3 = 21 , Dmg: 3d6: [2, 4, 4] = 10 MD
4. Strike, laser rifle; 1d20+3: [1]+3 = 4 , Dmg: 3d6: [1, 4, 2] = 7 MD
5. Strike, laser rifle; 1d20+3: [5]+3 = 8 , Dmg: 3d6: [3, 6, 5] = 14 MD
6. Strike, laser rifle; 1d20+3: [8]+3 = 11 , Dmg: 3d6: [2, 4, 2] = 8 MD

If needed, Dodge: 1d20+8: [8]+8 = 16 , 1d20+8: [13]+8 = 21 , 1d20+8: [13]+8 = 21
Analoy Landie
Current Details
P.P.E.: 227/227
M.D.C.: 196/196
Charm/Impress: 20%

Image
Image
User avatar
Millicent Mayeux
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:04 pm

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Millicent Mayeux »

Perception: 1d100<57: [63] = 0
JIC: 1d100: [64] = 64 | 1d20: [11] = 11
Active: Integrated N-40A Forcefield:110/110

Millicent eyes the Repo-Bot chassis warily. Whatever took those down is strong. Millicent does not remember drawing her assault pistol, but the grip in her hand comforts her a little. She makes sure the UEL is connected to the pistols energy port.
Jezebel wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:05 pm"I can only take over functional machines, I can't learn anything from them. Can any of you interface with any of these machines to see if it has a story to tell?"
I think I can.”I can try. It depends on how fried the circuitry is, to be honest.” Millicent will look at the Repo-Bots and choose the one whose upper chassis was mostly intact. Kneeling down above the wrecked robot, Millicent will open the environmental seal of her armor for the first time since getting into it as her face plate will slide open, opening her to the facilities atmosphere. Focusing on the bot in front of her,
-10 ISP | 1d100<89: [78*] = 1
, Millicent will attempt to gain an understanding of the machine, letting her mind search behind the faceplate and protective casings to look at the electronics themselves: If she is successful, Millicent will identify the quickest and easiest way to restore power to the robots visual, audio, and memory control centers. If she can manually
Robot Mechanics: 1d100<46: [51] = 0
she will do so. If she cannot, she will try to be creative, I am thinking some combination of the
1. Electrical Resistance. The psychic can manipulate his body so to become resistant to electricity. Up to 60,000 volts will inflict no dam­ age or ill effect. Currents greater than 60,000 volts, including lightning and magic electricity, do half damage. Range: Self. Duration: 3 minutes per level of experience. LS.P.: 4.
2. Electrical Discharge. The character can cause static electricity within a six foot ( 1 . 8 m) area, as well as emit an electrical discharge by touch. The discharge can be a little jolt or inflict up to ID6 S.D.C. dam­ age as often as once per melee. Range: Touch or 2 feet (0.6 m) distance. Duration: Instant. LS.P.: 2 per each discharge.
3. Electrical M.D. Attack. The psychic can fire a light M.D. electrical blast. Range: Touch or 1 0 feet (0.3 m) per level of experience. Mega-Damage: ID6 M.D. to 3D6 M.D. Duration: Instant. LS.P.: 6 I.S.P. to inflict ID6 M.D., 12 LS.P. to inflict a 2D6 M.D. blast, 18 LS.P. to do a 3D6 M.D. blast.
4. Manipulate Electrical Devices. Through focused thought the psychic can enforce a limited control over electrical devices, such as tum off and on light switches, computers, televisions, radios, blenders, microwave ovens, flashlights, toys (battery and plug types), windshield wipers, and all types of electrically operated appliances, toys and de­ vices. He can also manipulate the controls of the device, such as volume, channel selection, tuners, speakers, change speed, dim lights, and so on. A dozen different electrical functions can be manipulated each melee. This can mean flicking the light off and on six times ( 1 2 functions/6 off, 6 on) or tum on the T.V., tum its volume up to the max. and tum on 10 other appliances (12 functions in all). Range: 45 feet (13.7 m) +5 feet (1.5 m) per level of experience. Duration: 2 minutes per level of experience. I.S.P.: 4. Note: The character does not need to see the devices to manipulate them. He can feel their presence.
5. Sense Electricity. The psychic can sense or feel electricity and pinpoint its exact location with fair expertise. Range: 45 feet (13.7 m) +5 feet ( 1 .5 m) per level of experience. Duration: 2 minutes of extreme sensitivity when he can pinpoint every source of electricity in the area. LS.P.: 2 per every two minutes. Base Skill: 55% +5% per each additional level of experience. A failed roll means only 1 D6x 1 0% of all the electrical devices/sources of electricity could be sensed.
effects should allow me to temporarily power some of the bots subsystems. Once power is restored to the systems, interaction with the bot should be possible. If verbal communication cannot be initiated with the robot and more is necessary, Millicent will activate
-12 ISP | …He can also ac­ cess information stored by most electronic means, including computer disks, video and audio disks, film or audio tape, and hard drives. Read­ ing electronically encoded disks and tapes is similar to Object Read, except in this case, he hears and sees the data as if he were playing it on a computer or disk player, only he perceives the information 10 times faster…
in order to access the bots memory archives.
”Tell me what you know, robot. Your master will return to repair you once we have secured this area. Show me what I need to know to understand what we are fighting against.” Millicent whispers to the robot, focusing her extra mental abilities on the robot corpse.
Amber Dach wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:17 pm “Get ready, GIRLS! Incoming baddie.”
Millicent activates her forcefield and begins looking down the corners of the rooms, looking for any sign of movement. Here we go again girl. Don’t worry, this will be a simple as the raiders in the jungle. she tells herself sarcastically.

  • Initiative: 1d20+8: [19]+8 = 27
  • Autododge: 1d20+5: [2]+5 = 7 | 1d20+5: [11]+5 = 16 | 1d20+5: [12]+5 = 17 | 1d20+5: [9]+5 = 14 | 1d20+5: [10]+5 = 15 | 1d20+5: [3]+5 = 8 | 1d20+5: [18]+5 = 23 | 1d20+5: [16]+5 = 21
  • Action 1: Shoot a burst at the nearest hostile with her TX-23 Laser Assault Pistol (in right hand): 1d20+10: [13]+10 = 23 | 5d6: [4, 4, 2, 5, 3] = 18 MDC
  • Action 1: Draw NE-8SL Slim-Line “Barrage” Auto-Pistol with left hand.
  • Action 2: Shoot a three round burst at the nearest hostile with her TX-23: 1d20+10: [7]+10 = 17 | 5d6: [3, 1, 1, 3, 5] = 13 MDC
  • Action 2: Shoot a two round burst at the nearest hostile with her NE-8SL: 1d20+10: [7]+10 = 17 | 6d6: [6, 4, 2, 6, 5, 1] = 24 MDC
  • Action 2: Dive for nearest cover or disengage with enemy.
  • Action 3-6: Shoot a called/aimed shot at the nearest hostile’s head with her TX-23: 1d20+12: [9]+12 = 21 | 2d6: [6, 2] = 8 MDC
  • Action 3-6: Shoot a called/aimed shot at the nearest hostile’s head with her NE-8SL: 1d20+12: [4]+12 = 16 | 3d6: [1, 2, 6] = 9 MDC
  • Action 7: Shoot a three round burst at the nearest hostile with her TX-23: 1d20+10: [5]+10 = 15 | 5d6: [5, 3, 4, 3, 1] = 16 MDC
  • Action 7: Shoot a two round burst at the nearest hostile with her NE-8SL: 1d20+10: [18]+10 = 28 | 6d6: [4, 4, 2, 5, 4, 5] = 24 MDC
  • Action 8: Shoot a three round burst at the nearest hostile with her TX-23: 1d20+10: [20]+10 = 30 | 5d6: [2, 2, 6, 1, 3] = 14 MDC
  • Action 8: Shoot a two round burst at the nearest hostile with her NE-8SL: 1d20+10: [5]+10 = 15 | 6d6: [3, 3, 4, 1, 5, 2] = 18 MDC
Millicent Mayeux
Millicent Mayeux
  • HP:23/23
  • SDC:30/30
  • ISP:57/57
  • Helmet*: 70/70
  • R. Arm: 50/50
    • Right Forearm Housing: 60/60
      • Jumper Cables*: 2/2
      • Air Drill*: 2/2
      • Air Grinder*: 4/4
      • Air Impact Drill*: 5/5
      • Air Hammer*: 4/4
      • Vibro-Cutters*: 2/2
      • UEL Cables*: 6 each
  • L. Arm:50/50
    • Left Forearm Diagnostic Computer: 30/30
  • Main Body: 185/185
    • R. Chest Light with M.D.C. Shutters: 35/35
    • L. Chest Light with M.D.C. Shutters*: 35/35
    • Air Tank (lower back): 15/15
  • R.Leg:90/90
  • L.Leg:90/90
    • Leg Drum/Tank #1 (left, upper leg): 16/16
    • Leg Drum/Tank #2 (left, upper leg): 16/16
    • Leg Drum/Tank #3 (left, upper leg): 16/16
  • Integrated N-40A Forcefield:110/110
*=-4 to hit, called shot only.

Image
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 221
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Susan Lee »

Perception: 1d100: [55] = 55 / 38%
JIC: 1d20: [11] = 11 / 1d100: [35] = 35

CONDITIONS: NF40A integrated into armor (110 MDC) Active; 2xNF20A on Northern Gun Drones (75 MDC) Active

Susan stands up from her examination of the body. "It appears that this man died to something with fangs and claws. Pretty standard, if not what I expected in a robotics facility."

When Jez asks about getting information from the damaged robots and security systems more generally, she responds, "It is likely we could find SOMETHING from one of these units, but it would take time, which seems contra-indicated by the current overall threat level."

Susan commands Cordelia to take up a position opposite Jez, covering the damaged door and sets Cullen to actively cover their rear. And then combat begins.

Crap crap crap! I HAVE to get this armor set up to inject boing-go!!!!

Combat Rolls
Initiative: 1d20+3: [4]+3 = 7

Action 1: Fire Net Gun at attacker - Strike: 1d20+1: [13]+1 = 14
Action 2: Fire Net Gun at attacker - Strike: 1d20+1: [20]+1 = 21 / If Attacker is Netted, reholster net gun.
Action 3: Shoot laser rifle at attacker (if no attacker present or Jez in melee with attacker, do not fire) - Strike: 1d20+4: [16]+4 = 20 / Damage 1d6*10: [6]*10 = 60
Action 4: Shoot laser rifle at attacker (if no attacker present or Jez in melee with attacker, do not fire) - Strike: 1d20+4: [3]+4 = 7 / Damage 1d6*10: [6]*10 = 60
Action 5: Shoot laser rifle at attacker (if no attacker present or Jez in melee with attacker, do not fire) - Strike: 1d20+4: [3]+4 = 7 / Damage 1d6*10: [5]*10 = 50
Action 6: Shoot laser rifle at attacker (if no attacker present or Jez in melee with attacker, do not fire) - Strike: 1d20+4: [19]+4 = 23 / Damage 1d6*10: [1]*10 = 10

Parry: 1d20+10: [3]+10 = 13 , 1d20+10: [20]+10 = 30 , 1d20+10: [11]+10 = 21 , 1d20+10: [20]+10 = 30 , 1d20+10: [13]+10 = 23 , 1d20+10: [16]+10 = 26

Cordelia
Action 1: Shoot attacker (if no attacker present or Jez in melee with attacker, do not fire) - Strike: 1d20+3: [11]+3 = 14 / Damage 6d6: [5, 2, 2, 1, 4, 6] = 20
Action 2: Shoot attacker (if no attacker present or Jez in melee with attacker, do not fire) - Strike: 1d20+3: [10]+3 = 13 / Damage 6d6: [5, 5, 4, 5, 2, 5] = 26
Action 3: Shoot attacker (if no attacker present or Jez in melee with attacker, do not fire) - Strike: 1d20+3: [3]+3 = 6 / Damage 6d6: [5, 6, 1, 1, 5, 6] = 24

Cullen
Action 1: Shoot attacker (if no attacker present or Jez in melee with attacker, do not fire) - Strike: 1d20+3: [20]+3 = 23 / Damage 6d6: [3, 1, 3, 5, 6, 2] = 20
Action 2: Shoot attacker (if no attacker present or Jez in melee with attacker, do not fire) - Strike: 1d20+3: [7]+3 = 10 / Damage 6d6: [5, 2, 3, 6, 3, 2] = 21
Action 3: Shoot attacker (if no attacker present or Jez in melee with attacker, do not fire) - Strike: 1d20+3: [2]+3 = 5 / Damage 6d6: [4, 1, 4, 6, 5, 1] = 21
Dice rolls
1d20+4: [12]+4 = 16
1d4*10: [2]*10 = 20
1d4*10: [2]*10 = 20
1d4*10: [2]*10 = 20
It's DNA, all the way down./Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
Image
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
Posts: 499
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Underguard »

Conditions wrote:Location: Naruni Facility ZAB-01SA, South America, Brasil
Time/Date: 12:56:15 PM (1m:15s have passed; Combat Round One); January 1st, 112PA
Environmental Conditions: 66°F (18.9°C); Cool, stale air.
Jez points out her findings while everyone scours the room. Millicent attempts to follow Jezebel's request to meld with the inoperable Repo-Bots, first with telemechanics. Unfortunately, Millicent is met with an odd reaction to her Telemechanics unlike anything she has seen from a machine before. The only thing she knows is that, unlike normal, she gained no working knowledge of the repo-bot before her. Blinking once, she attempts to find a manual activator to no avail. Getting creative, she reaches out with Electrokinesis to see if there is any way she can turn on any of the systems in the Repo-bots chassis, only to again meet failure. Finally, exhausting all other avenues, she attempts to merge with the repo-bot with Machine Ghost. Confident she can access the machine's systems, even in its inactive state. She is met with a nothingness, as though the ghost of her failed to communicate with the machine entirely. Millicent is awestruck at why these repo-bots would be completely unaffected by her abilities (A successful Intelligence or Lore D-Bee (with a penalty) will tell you why it may be so).

Unfortunately, Millicent is unable to mentally process why as a reverberating roar echoes from down the hallway that nearly makes her stumble. The crew readies themselves for combat as loud impacts are felt on the ground that seems to shake the facility around them.

Jezebel sees the thing first, and there is no way she could hope to describe the sight in time. A monstrosity is the only way to describe it as it barrels down the hallway towards the wedged open door. Taking aim, Jez fires her shotgun and watches the plasma blast impact with full force. The creature obviously seems to have sustained damage but is not slowed in the slightest. It clears the hallway in seconds and lunges its long fleshy arm forward. Impacting part of the door and widening its berth, the large talon is coming straight for Jez who barely is able to parry it to the side.

Millicent steps back and levels her weapons towards the exposed arm as Amber moves in with her Vibrosword. Eight steps to the side and in an instant seems to be armed with two large blades instead of its normal hands and attacks viciously. Susan and Analoy move back and fire towards the exposed arm as Susan's Drones hold fire with Jez too close to the fight. Susan's net impacts and wraps around the arm, though it proves to be ineffective as the overall net does not encompass the entirety of the attacker who is still in the hall.

Another instant later, a second fleshy arm breaches the door, this time going for Amber. While deflecting with her shield, the talons seem to grip the shield and slam the Atlantean back against the wall (-22 MDC from the Shield). Amber can feel the weight of the impact nearly squeezing her against the wall. Jez, having seen no head nor feet to trip, moves to her currently pinned comrade and unveils a physical assault that would level most normal humanoids. The Arismal feels as though she is striking hardened steel. Meanwhile, everyone else continues to fire.

Eight falls into an impressive flurry of slashing attacks, moving like a whirlwind, striking the same spot on the arm pinning Amber until it is nearly hacked off. The first arm lashes to the side in a long arc, striking towards Jez, Analoy and Eight in a sweeping attack. Both women take the lash but are not knocked down, and Eight is knocked back enough to halt its attack as both arms start to recoil, still under fire from the others. The arms pause in the doorway and seem to start wedging it wider.

GIRLS Movement 3.png


Naruni Facility E1.jpg


What are you doing?


Jezebel: -19 M.D.C. N-F50A
Analoy: -19 MDC from Knight in Full Armor
Megan: -36 M.D.C. from Main Body of SAMAS
Susan:
Amber: Shield -22 MDC | -4 I.S.P.
Millicent:
ImageImage
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
AA Professional Services GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe (PW GR) | Altruist (PW GA) | Harbinger (PW VR)|| EP Ledger
User avatar
Amber Dach
Posts: 85
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:50 am

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Amber Dach »

Perception: 39% = 1d100: [60] = 60
JiC: 1d20: [9] = 9 | 1d100: [79] = 79

Skills Rolls
Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy
o Identify Type/Race of Paranormal Creature: 78% = 1d100: [26] = 26
o Track by Psychic Scent: 65% = 1d100: [57] = 57 (79% if supernatural being is also using magic)
Lore: Demons & Monsters 50% = 1d100: [42] = 42 (knowledge of what they are facing and vulnerabilities of creature)
Constant/Active Conditions
Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense: Range 180’
Sense Supernatural Evil & Sense Magic Energy: Range 300’
Sense the Presence of Vampires and Vampire Intelligences: Range 1000' radius
Sense Rifts and Ley Lines: Senses Ley Lines up to 5 miles away, a nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away.
Alter Aura to change her aura in the following ways:
• The general level of experience can be made to seem much higher (1d4+3 levels higher) than it really is.
• Conceal the I.S.P. levels to be show them to be minimal (like a minor psychic).
• Conceal the presence of magic.
Alter Aura will last for 8 hours. 2.75 hours remaining. Costs 2 I.S.P.

“Oof. That smarts.” She says to no one in particular as Amber catches her breath after being slammed into the wall. She growls softly as she prepares her mind for an assault on the beast. Maybe this will stop it, she thinks as she directs her thoughts to paralyzing the creature assaulting them. She immediately begins assailing the creature with her sword regardless of whether her paralysis attack works. As she assaults the creature, she tries to attack in places that already seem to be damaged in order to cripple the beast if possible. She looks for any signs of vulnerability that appear during combat and will pass on anything she notices to the other GIRLS.

Combat Rolls
Intentions: Defend herself from whatever is attacking.
Initiative: 1d20+9: [18]+9 = 27
Non-Combat Action: Activate Crystal Deflector Gauntlet for another melee round (Apsis shaped 40” diameter, 80 MDC)
Action 1: Use Bio-Manipulation (Paralysis) on the Beast, -10 ISP, lasts for 4d4: [4, 2, 1, 4] = 11 minutes
Action 2: Strike with Vibrosword: 1d20+5: [5]+5 = 10 ; Damage: 4d4+1d6: [1, 4, 4, 1]+[3] = 13 MD
Action 3: Strike with Vibrosword: 1d20+5: [9]+5 = 14 ; Damage: 4d4+1d6: [1, 4, 2, 1]+[1] = 9 MD
Action 4: Strike with Vibrosword: 1d20+5: [1]+5 = 6 ; Damage: 4d4+1d6: [1, 1, 4, 3]+[4] = 13 MD
Action 5: Strike with Vibrosword: 1d20+5: [3]+5 = 8 ; Damage: 4d4+1d6: [4, 4, 3, 4]+[2] = 17 MD
Action 6: Strike with Vibrosword: 1d20+5: [1]+5 = 6 ; Damage: 4d4+1d6: [1, 2, 3, 3]+[6] = 15 MD

Parries with Shield: 1d20+8: [4]+8 = 12 , 1d20+8: [14]+8 = 22 , 1d20+8: [8]+8 = 16 , 1d20+8: [12]+8 = 20 , 1d20+8: [11]+8 = 19 , 1d20+8: [2]+8 = 10

(OCC: Parries using Shield have a push-back effect occurs when an attacker strikes the shield with his own body or a melee weapon, requiring he make a saving throw roll of 14 or higher. A failed save means striking the shield pushes him back 1D6 feet and he loses one melee attack!)
Amber Dach
Current Conditions
Conditions
P.P.E.: 33
I.S.P.: 128/130
H.P.: 27
S.D.C.: 87

Crystal Deflector Gauntlet: 13/15 melee round charges remaining


Image
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
Posts: 611
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Jezebel »

Perception: 77% / 1d100: [67] = 67
JIC: 1d20: [7] = 7 / 1d100: [5] = 5
Conditions: Critical strike on 18-20, K.O. on N20, Energy Resistance, NE-BA-26 & Stalker Suit worn, N-F50A active

Frak. The fancy footwork is wasted on this...monster. Time to simply demolish it like tearing out a bulkhead during ship refit. Gotta protect the GIRLS. They don't have the physical strength to withstand this thing...a week ago neither did I. Atlas be praised. Genetic providence has given me strength just when we needed it most. Jez allows her rage to channel into the balls of her fists, and wades in to brawl with the monster. I'm strong enough to deflect its blows, and nimble enough to juke most of 'em. It's got reach on me, so I gotta get inside and rip it up from in close. What better way than to mount it? Jez hops onto the thing's back in order to beat the crap out of it from a position it might not expect. "Aim low and waste this sucker!" she calls out over the GIRLS comm freq.

Combat Stuff
Initiative (+8 added): 1d20+8: [12]+8 = 20
Non-Combat Action: Jez hops onto the thing's back Sense of Balance 100% / 1d100: [24] = 24
Action 1: Power Touch Punch Strike: 1d20+9: [9]+9 = 18 , Damage: 1d6*10+50: [5]*10+50 = 100 M.D. (-100 PTP if strike lands)
Action 2: Power Touch Punch Strike: 1d20+9: [3]+9 = 12 , Damage: 1d6*10+50: [6]*10+50 = 110 M.D. (-100 PTP if strike lands)
Action 3: Power Touch Punch Strike: 1d20+9: [16]+9 = 25 , Damage: 1d6*10+50: [4]*10+50 = 90 M.D. (-100 PTP if strike lands)
Action 4: Power Touch Punch Strike: 1d20+9: [2]+9 = 11 , Damage: 1d6*10+50: [1]*10+50 = 60 M.D. (-100 PTP if strike lands)
Action 5: Power Touch Punch Strike: 1d20+9: [18]+9 = 27 , Damage: 1d6*10+50: [2]*10+50 = 70 M.D. (-100 PTP if strike lands)
Action 6: Power Touch Punch Strike: 1d20+9: [1]+9 = 10 , Damage: 1d6*10+50: [3]*10+50 = 80 M.D. (-100 PTP if strike lands)
Action 7: Power Touch Punch Strike: 1d20+9: [13]+9 = 22 , Damage: 1d6*10+50: [1]*10+50 = 60 M.D. (-100 PTP if strike lands)
Action 8: Power Touch Punch Strike: 1d20+9: [15]+9 = 24 , Damage: 1d6*10+50: [3]*10+50 = 80 M.D. (-100 PTP if strike lands)
Action 9: Power Touch Punch Strike: 1d20+9: [9]+9 = 18 , Damage: 1d6*10+50: [2]*10+50 = 70 M.D. (-100 PTP if strike lands)
Action 10: Power Touch Punch Strike: 1d20+9: [2]+9 = 11 , Damage: 1d6*10+50: [4]*10+50 = 90 M.D. (-100 PTP if strike lands)

Parries (+15 included): 1d20+15: [6]+15 = 21 , 1d20+15: [17]+15 = 32 , 1d20+15: [18]+15 = 33 , 1d20+15: [17]+15 = 32 , 1d20+15: [19]+15 = 34 , 1d20+15: [20]+15 = 35 , 1d20+15: [5]+15 = 20 , 1d20+15: [17]+15 = 32 , 1d20+15: [17]+15 = 32 , 1d20+15: [2]+15 = 17
Auto-Dodges (+9 included): 1d20+9: [1]+9 = 10 , 1d20+9: [15]+9 = 24 , 1d20+9: [2]+9 = 11 , 1d20+9: [20]+9 = 29 , 1d20+9: [13]+9 = 22 , 1d20+9: [20]+9 = 29 , 1d20+9: [14]+9 = 23 , 1d20+9: [3]+9 = 12 , 1d20+9: [11]+9 = 20 , 1d20+9: [12]+9 = 21
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 67
S.D.C.: 133/133
P.T.P.: 1600/1600
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)
Image
User avatar
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 203
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:23 pm

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Analoy »

Percep: 58%= 1d100: [82] = 82
JIC: 1d20: [14] = 14 1d100: [50] = 50

Conditions
PPE: 247/182;
NG-L5: Shots 10/4
Knight in Full Armor - 210/209.75 min , 115/96 M.D.C.
Black Sun (Darkness Powers) - 35/34.75 min duration, nightvision 600’; see in magical darkness; can recognize shadow beasts and other shadow-linked creatures even in shadows; Cloak of darkness & Shadow meld (BoM p.93 & 103)

With the shots from her rifle not seeming to be effective, Analoy reaches for a grenade. About to pluck it from her harness, she watches as Jez flings herself at the creature. Her hand stops moving towards the grenades on her harness ans she blurts out, "FRAK! How the hell are we..."
BIC wrote:"Aim low and waste this sucker!"
Analoy's teeth grind as she grips her rifle again and starts blasting at the monster's waist. After four shots she her the tell tale of an empty E-Clip and chuckles at herself. FRAK this tech and curse myself, I forgot to get more E-Clips. She grins to herself under her helmet, Back to the tried and true.

Analoy slings her rifle and pulls her mace and vibro-sword, I guess I could use the e-clip in this thing if I need too.

Combat Actions
Actions: 6
Init: 1d20+1: [4]+1 = 5

1. Reach for grenade / aim low
2. Strike, laser rifle; 1d20+3: [5]+3 = 8 , Dmg: 3d6: [4, 6, 5] = 15 MD
3. Strike, laser rifle; 1d20+3: [17]+3 = 20 , Dmg: 3d6: [6, 1, 1] = 8 MD
4. Strike, laser rifle; 1d20+3: [13]+3 = 16 , Dmg: 3d6: [6, 3, 5] = 14 MD
5. Strike, laser rifle; 1d20+3: [5]+3 = 8 , Dmg: 3d6: [3, 5, 4] = 12 MD
6. Sling rifle, pull Zdeslav and Vibro-Sword
Analoy Landie
Current Details
P.P.E.: 227/227
M.D.C.: 196/196
Charm/Impress: 20%

Image
Image
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 221
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

susan lee

Post by Susan Lee »

Perception: 1d100: [7] = 7 / 38%
JIC: 1d20: [11] = 11 / 1d100: [53] = 53

CONDITIONS: NF40A integrated into armor (110 MDC) Active; 2xNF20A on Northern Gun Drones (75 MDC) Active

Susan tilts her head. The Commander is in the way. The monster is in the door. Monster arms are a potential weak point. Also crotches...

Cordelia, sacrifice yourself, Cullen, attend the arm!

She sends Cordelia directly through the door, walking under the monster and shooting it at an upwards/away from the doors angle, knowing that railguns have a fierce knockback effect.

Cullen aims to remove the monster's damaged arm, and Susan shoots at whatever is least likely to kill a teammate after passing the Stormspire Netgun to Amber.

Initiative: 1d20+3: [16]+3 = 19

Action 1: Hand Net Gun to Amber "Blue Hair Lady, this is a net gun. It's magic. I can't use it right now. Please use it if you can."
Action 2: Shoot laser rifle burst at attacker - Strike: 1d20+4: [4]+4 = 8 / Damage 1d6*10: [3]*10 = 30
Action 3: Shoot laser rifle at attacker - Strike: 1d20+4: [17]+4 = 21 / Damage 1d6*10: [3]*10 = 30
Action 4: Shoot laser rifle at attacker - Strike: 1d20+4: [19]+4 = 23 / Damage 1d6*10: [3]*10 = 30
Action 5: Shoot laser rifle at attacker - Strike: 1d20+4: [11]+4 = 15 / Damage 1d6*10: [3]*10 = 30
Action 6: Shoot laser rifle at attacker - Strike: 1d20+4: [13]+4 = 17 / Damage 1d6*10: [6]*10 = 60

Parry: 1d20+10: [5]+10 = 15 1d20+10: [2]+10 = 12 1d20+10: [10]+10 = 20 1d20+10: [16]+10 = 26 1d20+10: [8]+10 = 18 1d20+10: [11]+10 = 21

Cordelia
Action 1: Walk under attacker belly and shoot attacker - Strike: 1d20+3: [3]+3 = 6 / Damage: 6d6: [6, 3, 6, 5, 2, 3] = 25
Action 2: Shoot attacker - Strike: 1d20+3: [10]+3 = 13 / Damage: 6d6: [2, 3, 2, 4, 1, 5] = 17
Action 3: Shoot attacker - Strike: 1d20+3: [6]+3 = 9 / Damage: 6d6: [3, 2, 4, 4, 2, 1] = 16

Cullen
Action 1: Aimed Shot to Damaged Arm: 1d20+3: [19]+3 = 22 / Damage: 6d6: [4, 1, 5, 5, 2, 4] = 21
Action 2: Aimed Shot to Damaged Arm: 1d20+3: [1]+3 = 4 / Damage: 6d6: [4, 1, 3, 2, 4, 4] = 18
Action 3: Aimed Shot to Damaged Arm: 1d20+3: [15]+3 = 18 / Damage: 6d6: [5, 2, 4, 3, 3, 6] = 23
It's DNA, all the way down./Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
Image
User avatar
Millicent Mayeux
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:04 pm

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Millicent Mayeux »

Perception: 1d100<57: [33*] = 1
JIC: 1d100: [49] = 49 | 1d20: [19] = 19
Active: Integrated N-40A Forcefield:110/110
Lore:D-Bee:[roll]1d100<41[/rol]

Not taking too much time to figure out why her mental powers did not affect the (apparent) robot, Millicent instead focuses on the immediate threat.
Jezebel wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:02 pm"Aim low and waste this sucker!" she calls out over the GIRLS comm freq.
Millicent doesn’t have to be told twice and lets loose with a number of well aimed shots at the hostile appendages. As she does so, she does not forget her own tactical positioning, ensuring she is not taking the bring of the enemy’s attention.

  • Action1:
  • Action1-3: Shoot a called/aimed shot at the bad guys arms- head if visible with her TX-23: 1d20+12: [1]+12 = 13 | 2d6: [1, 4] = 5 MDC
  • Action1-3: Shoot a called/aimed shot at the bad guys arms- head if visible with her NE-8SL: 1d20+12: [2]+12 = 14 | 3d6: [5, 4, 1] = 10
  • Action4a: Reposition for cover
  • Action4b:Dodge if reposition is unnecessary: 1d20+7: [3]+7 = 10
  • Action5: Reserved for Dodge: 1d20+7: [7]+7 = 14
  • Action6-8: Shoot a called/aimed shot at the bad guys arms- head if visible with her TX-23: 1d20+12: [15]+12 = 27 | 2d6: [2, 6] = 8 MDC
  • Action6-8: Shoot a called/aimed shot at the bad guys arms- head if visible with her NE-8SL: 1d20+12: [19]+12 = 31 | 3d6: [4, 6, 6] = 16
  • Autododge: 1d20+5: [4]+5 = 9 | 1d20+5: [19]+5 = 24 | 1d20+5: [16]+5 = 21 | 1d20+5: [19]+5 = 24 | 1d20+5: [15]+5 = 20 | 1d20+5: [14]+5 = 19 | 1d20+5: [12]+5 = 17 | 1d20+5: [13]+5 = 18
Millicent Mayeux
Millicent Mayeux
  • HP:23/23
  • SDC:30/30
  • ISP:57/57
  • Helmet*: 70/70
  • R. Arm: 50/50
    • Right Forearm Housing: 60/60
      • Jumper Cables*: 2/2
      • Air Drill*: 2/2
      • Air Grinder*: 4/4
      • Air Impact Drill*: 5/5
      • Air Hammer*: 4/4
      • Vibro-Cutters*: 2/2
      • UEL Cables*: 6 each
  • L. Arm:50/50
    • Left Forearm Diagnostic Computer: 30/30
  • Main Body: 185/185
    • R. Chest Light with M.D.C. Shutters: 35/35
    • L. Chest Light with M.D.C. Shutters*: 35/35
    • Air Tank (lower back): 15/15
  • R.Leg:90/90
  • L.Leg:90/90
    • Leg Drum/Tank #1 (left, upper leg): 16/16
    • Leg Drum/Tank #2 (left, upper leg): 16/16
    • Leg Drum/Tank #3 (left, upper leg): 16/16
  • Integrated N-40A Forcefield:110/110
*=-4 to hit, called shot only.

Image
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
Posts: 499
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Underguard »

Conditions wrote:Location: Naruni Facility ZAB-01SA, South America, Brasil
Time/Date: 12:56:30 PM (15s have passed; Combat Round Two-ish); January 1st, 112PA
Environmental Conditions: 66°F (18.9°C); Cool, stale air.
Amber takes the Net Gun from Susan, then Amber focuses a moment and exerts a sheer mental force of will that seems to cause the creature to recoil briefly into a pulsing molded monstrosity. While in this haze, the GIRLS unload on this beast in a fairly coordinate counterstrike. Amber takes this moment to try to figure out what this creature is and while she doesn't recognize it outright, there are several characterists inherent in other creatures that seem to be exhibited in this thing. Including the ability to channel magical energies. That all said, the monster is unlike anything she has ever seen. Milly similarly runs into the same reasoning as she tries to think on the type of D-Bee it could be.

Jez leaps forward and squares herself on the back of the monster. She then notes that this thing feels like she is standing in mud. Wasting no time, she clenches her fist to deliver a brutal Power Touch that rattles the monster's paralyzed body, she almost feels the reverberation from her strike return to her. Susan levels 3 blasts, with one of them missing and Milly hits with one out of her two aimed shots. Analoy's first blast misses, but her second splashes over the still standing body. Jez notes that during this, it seems to still be standing. The impacts are seen damaging the body. Susan notes something odd during the encounter. The damage being done can be seen, under close inspection of a educated mind, repairing itself.

Unfortunately, the beast does not remain paralyzed as long as Amber had hoped. Jezebel feels the beast beneath her shake, causing one of her touches to miss as she lands two more. Each touch she lands causes the beast to roar in anger, causing Jezebel to leap off its back to dodge a large swipe coming her way. To both Susan and Jezebel, it appears that the behemoth has grown slightly and it swiftly lunges towards Jezebel with large fangs. Millicent lands fairly direct hit on the behemoth's eye and jawline with her second salvo that knocks it back to the ground as Jez gets another touch off. Susan, Amber and Analoy continue unloading with fair accuracy. Amber slashes upwards and it roars, prompting Amber to trip slightly and drop her sword. Cursing, she recovers it for another slash before it slips out of her hands again.

As the beast is knocked back it stumbles under the obvious damage done to it. Lashing out with its arms, swiping down the hallway, everyone is forced to duck or dodge to avoid it. It turns and rushes down the facility, Jezebel's final Touch missing (2 missed) as it speeds away, deeper into the complex with an echoing roar.

You have the chance to pursue it and remain in combat, but you will need to move very fast. Otherwise, you can let it retreat and try to deal with it later.


Jezebel: -19 M.D.C. N-F50A
Analoy: -19 MDC from Knight in Full Armor
Megan: -36 M.D.C. from Main Body of SAMAS
Susan:
Amber: Shield -22 MDC | -4 I.S.P.
Millicent:

What are you doing?
ImageImage
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
AA Professional Services GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe (PW GR) | Altruist (PW GA) | Harbinger (PW VR)|| EP Ledger
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
Posts: 611
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Jezebel »

Perception: 77% / 1d100: [90] = 90
JIC: 1d20: [7] = 7 / 1d100: [30] = 30
Conditions: Critical strike on 18-20, K.O. on N20, Energy Resistance, NE-BA-26 & Stalker Suit worn, N-F50A active; merged with NE-BA-26 & NE-9DB Plasma Shotgun

Jez holds up an arresting hand to prevent anyone from rushing off into the unknown blindly after it. She snaps open her visor to say, "This ain't our turf. We don't pursue in hostile unknown territory. Susan, have one of your drones maintain surveillance on it--quietly, and from a distance, if you can manage that. I'd prefer it not know we're watching. We still have an immediate objective: the research labs. We assumed this place wouldn't be friendly, so we've had our assumptions confirmed and gotten some intel. Nothing else has changed." Jez snaps shut her visor then reloads her shotgun with a couple of super heavy plasma cartridges. She quickly summarizes for the others what she perceived of the peculiar adversary, then asks for others' perceptions as well. Let's piece together a semblance of reality from our individual scraps of subjective perception.

After no more than thirty seconds for everyone to share, Jez nods, gets back into a tactical crouch and starts to skulk ahead as stealthily as possible. She cinches the shotgun strap tight to her shoulder and looks downrange through the Wilk's Integrated Optics Gun-Sight, using its FLIR Thermal-Imaging setting to get a better look down the passageway as she once again takes point. Mentally opening the GIRLS' secure comm circuit, she adds, "This is fun, ladies. Reminds me of CQB ship-boarding drills in the ADF. Maintain your positions as we move, and keep your head on a swivel. You can bet your asses that won't be our only surprise."
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 67
S.D.C.: 133/133
P.T.P.: 1600/1600
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)
Image
User avatar
Amber Dach
Posts: 85
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:50 am

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Amber Dach »

Perception: 39% = 1d100: [45] = 45
JiC: 1d20: [20] = 20 | 1d100: [2] = 2

Skills Rolls
Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy
o Identify Type/Race of Paranormal Creature: 78% = 1d100: [56] = 56
o Track by Psychic Scent: 65% = 1d100: [45] = 45 (79% if supernatural being is also using magic)
Lore: Demons & Monsters 50% = 1d100: [15] = 15 (knowledge of the creature they may be facing)
Intelligence 49% = 1d100: [10] = 10 (to figure out fight the creature effectively)
Prowl ability 30% = 1d100: [72] = 72 (self explanatory)
Constant/Active Conditions
Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense: Range 180’
Sense Supernatural Evil & Sense Magic Energy: Range 300’
Sense the Presence of Vampires and Vampire Intelligences: Range 1000' radius
Sense Rifts and Ley Lines: Senses Ley Lines up to 5 miles away, a nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away.

Alter Aura to change her aura in the following ways:
• The general level of experience can be made to seem much higher (1d4+3 levels higher) than it really is.
• Conceal the I.S.P. levels to be show them to be minimal (like a minor psychic).
• Conceal the presence of magic.
Alter Aura will last for 8 hours. 2.75 hours remaining. Costs 2 I.S.P.

Amber let’s her shield fade into nothingness as the creature retreats out of the room. She reaches out with her senses and makes sure the beast is not just regrouping outside the door. A small feeling of shame and embarrassment radiates from Amber as she locates her sword and inspects the hilt before wiping it off to make sure it won’t slip out of her hand again. Frick! Way to throw your sword around the room like a Newbie just learning to swing a sword, girl. Twice!
Jezebel wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:15 pm Jez holds up an arresting hand to prevent anyone from rushing off into the unknown blindly after it. She snaps open her visor to say, "This ain't our turf. We don't pursue in hostile unknown territory. Susan, have one of your drones maintain surveillance on it--quietly, and from a distance, if you can manage that. I'd prefer it not know we're watching. We still have an immediate objective: the research labs. We assumed this place wouldn't be friendly, so we've had our assumptions confirmed and gotten some intel. Nothing else has changed." Jez snaps shut her visor then reloads her shotgun with a couple of super heavy plasma cartridges. She quickly summarizes for the others what she perceived of the peculiar adversary, then asks for others' perceptions as well. Let's piece together a semblance of reality from our individual scraps of subjective perception.
Amber opens her faceplate and nods at Jez’s sense of caution in says, “I agree. I think I can track this thing through its psychic energy. I momentarily stunned it, but it broke free fast.” She collects her thoughts and continues. “Anyone know what it is? I swear I was seeing parts of dinosaurs, humans and gorilla bits in it. It kind of reminds me of something that you would see in a land of dead or another world but not the same as that. I don’t know.” She looks over at Eight. “Eight. You looked like you were doing a fair bit of damage against it. Do you have any knowledge of what this is and how to fight it?” She will listen to what everyone else adds to their knowledge base and see if there is a consensus in how to subdue this beast.

Amber holds up a hand before they start out again, “I need a minute here Jez before we proceed.” Amber turns to Susan and holds up the Net Gun. “Did you need this recharged or something? I don’t mind doing that, but your timing could have been better. It was a bit distracting to say the least when you handed it to me right as the beast entered the room.” She stands of to the side and channels some of her mystical energy reserve (-10 PPE) into the Net Gun and hands it back to her. “There. Recharged.” She gives her a wink as she says, “Free of charge even.” She gives her a more serious look as she says, “I don’t know if I would use it on that thing again, since it didn’t really work on it last time.”

When they are all ready to proceed, Amber will take her position in the same formation that they previously used entering the facility. She will have whichever weapon they deem to be the most effective against at the ready.
Amber Dach
Current Conditions
Conditions
P.P.E.: 33
I.S.P.: 128/130
H.P.: 27
S.D.C.: 87

Crystal Deflector Gauntlet: 13/15 melee round charges remaining


Image
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
Posts: 499
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Underguard »

Mini-Update
Amber wrote:“Anyone know what it is? I swear I was seeing parts of dinosaurs, humans and gorilla bits in it. It kind of reminds me of something that you would see in a land of dead or another world but not the same as that. I don’t know.” She looks over at Eight. “Eight. You looked like you were doing a fair bit of damage against it. Do you have any knowledge of what this is and how to fight it?”
The android, which heeded Jezebel's instruction and remained with the group, appears to be in its normal configuration now with both blade formations completely gone. Turning to Amber as she addresses it, Eight does something akin to a half-nod. "That is one of a Doctor Aeon's projects; specimen R71." Eight answers, now staring towards the darkened hallway where it retreated off too. "Regrettably, both Doctor Aeon and his research was kept encrypted and secret. You will have to ask the Creator for more information about the Doctor; though I do know the Doctor was not present at the time this facility went offline." It answers, turning back to Amber. "What I can tell you about the creature is that R71's weakest point is its eyes and joints; as is true with most organic enemies. From my brief analysis, it can take a great deal of punishment, attack multiple opponents at once with intelligence and has an augmented physical body. It showed susceptibility to paralysis, though does adapt quickly and it feels pain. I need to observe or interact with it more for further details." Eight finishes and moves towards the Hallway, ready to proceed before looking back and adding. "Also, I know that neither the Creator nor the Doctor would care if this particular project was eliminated as recovery of the facility is paramount. However, keeping it alive and trapping it may well earn you the good graces of the Creator, which often translates to considerable resources or some other negotiated reward."
ImageImage
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
AA Professional Services GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe (PW GR) | Altruist (PW GA) | Harbinger (PW VR)|| EP Ledger
User avatar
Amber Dach
Posts: 85
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:50 am

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Amber Dach »

(Rolls held over)
Constant/Active Conditions
Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense: Range 180’
Sense Supernatural Evil & Sense Magic Energy: Range 300’
Sense the Presence of Vampires and Vampire Intelligences: Range 1000' radius
Sense Rifts and Ley Lines: Senses Ley Lines up to 5 miles away, a nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away.

Alter Aura to change her aura in the following ways:
• The general level of experience can be made to seem much higher (1d4+3 levels higher) than it really is.
• Conceal the I.S.P. levels to be show them to be minimal (like a minor psychic).
• Conceal the presence of magic.
Alter Aura will last for 8 hours. 2.75 hours remaining. Costs 2 I.S.P.
Underguard wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:34 pm The android, which heeded Jezebel's instruction and remained with the group, appears to be in its normal configuration now with both blade formations completely gone. Turning to Amber as she addresses it, Eight does something akin to a half-nod. "That is one of a Doctor Aeon's projects; specimen R71." Eight answers, now staring towards the darkened hallway where it retreated off too. "Regrettably, both Doctor Aeon and his research was kept encrypted and secret. You will have to ask the Creator for more information about the Doctor; though I do know the Doctor was not present at the time this facility went offline." It answers, turning back to Amber. "What I can tell you about the creature is that R71's weakest point is its eyes and joints; as is true with most organic enemies. From my brief analysis, it can take a great deal of punishment, attack multiple opponents at once with intelligence and has an augmented physical body. It showed susceptibility to paralysis, though does adapt quickly and it feels pain. I need to observe or interact with it more for further details." Eight finishes and moves towards the Hallway, ready to proceed before looking back and adding. "Also, I know that neither the Creator nor the Doctor would care if this particular project was eliminated as recovery of the facility is paramount. However, keeping it alive and trapping it may well earn you the good graces of the Creator, which often translates to considerable resources or some other negotiated reward."

Amber nods in reply. "Where was this R71 held? Maybe we can herd it back to where it was contained…. if we can get the place operational again, that is." I personally would rather destroy this evil creature, but I would guess that Jez being the pure mercenary she is, will want to contain this thing for the bonus. She keeps her thoughts to herself as she continues to speak to Eight. “From now on Eight, I would appreciate you to identify any of these thingswe come across. Any known weaknesses that are known about the creatures, that kind of thing. Do you know how many creatures are or were contained in here and where they were held?”
Amber Dach
Current Conditions
Conditions
P.P.E.: 33
I.S.P.: 128/130
H.P.: 27
S.D.C.: 87

Crystal Deflector Gauntlet: 13/15 melee round charges remaining


Image
User avatar
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 203
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:23 pm

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Analoy »

Percep: 58%= 1d100: [78] = 78
JIC: 1d20: [8] = 8 1d100: [32] = 32
Conditions
PPE: 247/182;
NG-L5: Shots 10/4
Knight in Full Armor - 210/209.5 min , 115/96 M.D.C.
Black Sun (Darkness Powers) - 35/34.5 min duration, nightvision 600’; see in magical darkness; can recognize shadow beasts and other shadow-linked creatures even in shadows; Cloak of darkness & Shadow meld (BoM p.93 & 103)
Analoy nods as Jez holds the group from running after the monster. Gripping her vibro-sword and Zdeslav she listens to the others, Don't say a frakking work about not having extra e-clips. Her eyes furrow as Eight describes what it calls specimen R71 and Susan sends one of her drones down the hall ahead of them.

Looking like she almost wants to raise her hand, Analoy keeps her night vision enhanced eyes focused down the darkened hall, but says, "Do you guys think that specimen R71 got free and caused all this mess or that it got free after whatever happened here. If the latter is the case, we might be able to use it to out benefit and push it towards that evil Amber feels. Otherwise, I agree we should lock it down or destroy it."

She looks over at Susan, "The magic net was a good try. We just need a better shot in a more open area." She taps the TW Snare Gun on her harness with the butt of her vibro-sword and grins.
Analoy Landie
Current Details
P.P.E.: 227/227
M.D.C.: 196/196
Charm/Impress: 20%

Image
Image
User avatar
Millicent Mayeux
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:04 pm

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Millicent Mayeux »

Perception: 1d100<57: [82] = 0
JIC: 1d100: [7] = 7 | 1d20: [4] = 4
Active: Integrated N-40A Forcefield:110/110
Lore:D-Bee: 1d100<41: [4*] = 1
  • 22/24 NE-001PC clip


”I have never seen anything like it.” Millicent chimes in as Amber finishes. Looking to Analoy, Millie offers her dire viewpoint: ”That monster didn’t strike me as that capable. Strong? Undoubtably. If I had to bet, IDE put my chips on its release as an unfortunate accident to whatever hard actually happened here.” Though one big monster would be a simple problem all things a considered. ”the gun seemed to be partially effective. A sustained barrage from it may keep the creature subdued for a limited time.”

When the group begins to continue, Milly will take up her position as rear guard.
Millicent Mayeux
Millicent Mayeux
  • HP:23/23
  • SDC:30/30
  • ISP:57/57
  • Helmet*: 70/70
  • R. Arm: 50/50
    • Right Forearm Housing: 60/60
      • Jumper Cables*: 2/2
      • Air Drill*: 2/2
      • Air Grinder*: 4/4
      • Air Impact Drill*: 5/5
      • Air Hammer*: 4/4
      • Vibro-Cutters*: 2/2
      • UEL Cables*: 6 each
  • L. Arm:50/50
    • Left Forearm Diagnostic Computer: 30/30
  • Main Body: 185/185
    • R. Chest Light with M.D.C. Shutters: 35/35
    • L. Chest Light with M.D.C. Shutters*: 35/35
    • Air Tank (lower back): 15/15
  • R.Leg:90/90
  • L.Leg:90/90
    • Leg Drum/Tank #1 (left, upper leg): 16/16
    • Leg Drum/Tank #2 (left, upper leg): 16/16
    • Leg Drum/Tank #3 (left, upper leg): 16/16
  • Integrated N-40A Forcefield:110/110
*=-4 to hit, called shot only.

Image
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 221
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Susan Lee »

Perception: 1d100: [39] = 39 / 38%
JIC: 1d20: [18] = 18 / 1d100: [61] = 61

CONDITIONS: NF40A integrated into armor (110 MDC) Active; 2xNF20A on Northern Gun Drones (75 MDC) Active

"The creature regenerates," notes Susan. "We will need to immediately pursue or it will simply come back at us until it wears us down."

She thinks for a moment. "It does not appear to be entirely 'liquid,' which is good. Blowing off limbs will likely help."

Susan looks at Eight. "Eight, how exactly are we supposed to contain this? Any barrier can be penetrated with enough hitting. Do we freeze it solid? Stop holding out or we'll just have to kill it with overwhelming damage like a demon."

If the Naruni keep this up I'll... I don't know. Somehow create a computer virus. Yes. That's a thing I can do.

As they move down the corridor, Susan keeps Cordelia up front, and Captain Cullen in the rear. Where there's a branch that needs guarding, she leaves Cullen to keep guard.
It's DNA, all the way down./Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
Image
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
Posts: 499
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Underguard »

Conditions wrote:Location: Naruni Facility ZAB-01SA, South America, Brasil
Time/Date: 01:01:30 PM (5 minutes have passed); January 1st, 112PA
Environmental Conditions: 66°F (18.9°C); Cool, stale air.
Eight glances back to Amber. "Doctor Aeon's Research Lab was on the second level. Unfortunately, I do not know how many experiments like this exist on this base, however the facility itself is only designed to house a maximum of seven ongoing projects. I shall do my best to inform everyone as we encounter each threat." It says before turning towards to Susan. "In the Doctor's lab is the containment vessel designed to neutralize and hold R71. If that fails, then the only other way to contain it is by luring it to the Testing Room."

Jez begins her skulk down the corridor while the rest of the GIRLS fall in tandem. Together they move to the next room down the hallway. It has been smashed to pieces, likely by R71; two more Repo-bots are slumped on the floor in this room as well. Something that catches Susan and Amber's eyes is that neither of these Repo-Bots look terribly damaged. Everyone else sees several large locker doors imbedded into the wall and what looks like a content scanner; something used to scan the crates being brought in this way. There doesn't seem to be any weapons damage to this room, just that caused by brute impact.

The GIRLS can hear an echoing roar from much deeper inside the facility and weapons fire. Peering out of the room and down the corridor, it definitely sounds like it came east. Jez knows the closest research terminal she might be able to access is just north around the corner.

GIRLS Movement 4.png



Jezebel: -19 M.D.C. N-F50A
Analoy: -19 MDC from Knight in Full Armor
Megan: -36 M.D.C. from Main Body of SAMAS
Susan:
Amber: Shield -22 MDC | -4 I.S.P.
Millicent:

What are you doing?
ImageImage
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
AA Professional Services GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe (PW GR) | Altruist (PW GA) | Harbinger (PW VR)|| EP Ledger
Post Reply

Return to “G.I.R.L.S. of Merctown Adventure Forum”