Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Underguard
Game Master

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Underguard »

The officer listens as Analoy speaks, watching as Analoy is removing parts of her armor and exposing some of the more intricate, obviously lantean tattooes she has. Analoy can see the eyes of the woman trace some of the tattoos as if appraising their quality or authenticity. After just a few moments though, her face softens into a smile as she nods, looking between the tattoos.

"I recognize some of this work." She pauses, glancing to Amber and then to Analoy, speaking loud enough for the other lantean to hear. "I can see the inflections in the ink, most tattoo masters have a small flair in their work to make it theirs. If you know what to look for." She pauses. "I do not know where he is at this time, he could arrive within a day or two but, as I am sure you are aware, he has his own projects he is conducting." She states. "I can recommend a Clan Skellian artisan, however. Should you choose, you can seek out one called Josiah. He is an elderly tattoo artist in the main district but one of the cities best. Tell him Nolle Ashalora recommended you." She says with a decline of her head into a nod.

The other lantean steps forward now with a much less abrasive attitude. "We must clear the tarmac; a flight is inbound. Please vacate the area." The other officer asks while Nolle nods.

"Good day to you, and good hunting." Nolle offers all the GIRLS but looks between the other lantean, Amber and Analoy.

With that, the guards will usher the GIRLS off the tarmac towards their Hangar with Sel following along. Everyone can do what they need to do at the hangar before going into town.

Amber, for her part, feels a rush of excitement because of what Manoa represents. She has heard the rumors of Lanteans disappearing, but thought nothing beyond the unfortunate event. Now it seems that the Lantean city of Manoa is thriving with clan markings from nearly all clans, even some Aerihman clan members live in the city by now. Manoa may not yet be the power to challenge Atlantis yet, but its not out of reach.

What are you doing?
AA Professional Services GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Exe (PW GA) || EP Ledger
ImageImage
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Susan Lee »

Perception: 1d100: [17] = 17 / 38%
JIC: 1d20: [1] = 1 / 1d100: [61] = 61

Susan takes her share of the payment from Jezebel. "Thank you, Commander. At least we're being paid well for morally dubious work. Although I think we made the best of the situation."

Glancing at Amber, Susan smiles, "If you're paying, we'll have to see how high we can make that dinner bill."

When Jezebel introduces the team to Selendria, Susan nods at the newcomer. "Welcome. I hope you have a better sense of direction than the previous technowizard."

She moves off the tarmac with the rest of the group, stows her gear, gets the drones situated, changes her clothes and puts on her forcefield belt for the evening in the city.

Inside Manoa, she immediately recognizes the pyramids that also dot Lazlo. These people might make valuable allies and trading partners for Lazlo, I wish I'd realized this when Amber and Analoy were talking to their military. Although a low-level airport guard wouldn't be able to arrange anything.

Susan tries to find anyone who looks like an official city guard if necessary. Once she finds someone, she says, "Excuse me, is there a pyramid dedicated to transportation? If so, can you point me to the right place?"

Things Susan Wants to Buy:
10,000 credits worth of seeds for local crops that would be exotic to North America - bananas, papayas, passion fruit, sapotes, mangos, cacao, pineapple, coffee, etc. If she can't find the actual seeds, she buys the fruit itself (containing the seeds). "Please deliver these to hangar XX for me."
Like Jez, Susan also seeks a Manoan SK Stun Gun and 10 of its PPE-cells (WB06, p.91)
It's DNA, all the way down./Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
Amber Dach

Post by Amber Dach »

Perception: 42% = 1d100: [4] = 4 (+5% on Perception Rolls regarding vampires and the undead)
JiC: 1d20: [5] = 5 | 1d100: [37] = 37

Skills Rolls
Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy
o Identify Type/Race of Paranormal Creature: 80% = 1d100: [91] = 91
o Track by Psychic Scent: 70% = 1d100: [38] = 38 (82% if supernatural being is also using magic)
Intelligence 53% = 1d100: [23] = 23 (looking for information about a TW she is looking for to do work for her)
Charm/Impress: 55% = 1d100: [8] = 8 (speaking with locals)
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 70% = 1d100: [65] = 65 (speaking with locals)
Language: Other: Spanish 92% = 1d100: [33] = 33 (to speak with the locals if needed)
Streetwise 51% = 1d100: [87] = 87 (to get the lay of the land in the area)
Lore : Magic (general knowledge): 45% = 1d100: [3] = 3 (to find an Atlantean TW that can do some specific work for her)
Constant/Active Conditions
Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense: Range 180’
Sense Supernatural Evil & Sense Magic Energy: Range 300’
Sense the Presence of Vampires and Vampire Intelligences: Range: 1000' radius
Recognize Vampires Recognize Vampires by Appearance (special): 50% = 1d100: [13] = 13 (+10% bonus to recognize Secondary Vampires, +30% bonus to recognize Wild Vampires. -30% skill penalty to recognize Master Vampires).
Sense Rifts and Ley Lines: Senses Ley Lines up to 5 miles away, a nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away.

Alter Aura to change her aura in the following ways:
• The general level of experience can be made to seem much higher (1d4+3 = 1d4+3: [2]+3 = 5 levels higher) than it really is.
• Conceal the I.S.P. levels to be show them to be minimal (like a minor psychic).
• Conceal the presence of magic.
Alter Aura will last for 8 hours. 8 hours remaining. Costs 2 I.S.P.
Underguard wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:19 am "I recognize some of this work." She pauses, glancing to Amber and then to Analoy, speaking loud enough for the other lantean to hear. "I can see the inflections in the ink, most tattoo masters have a small flair in their work to make it theirs. If you know what to look for." She pauses. "I do not know where he is at this time, he could arrive within a day or two but, as I am sure you are aware, he has his own projects he is conducting." She states. "I can recommend a Clan Skellian artisan, however. Should you choose, you can seek out one called Josiah. He is an elderly tattoo artist in the main district but one of the cities best. Tell him Nolle Ashalora recommended you." She says with a decline of her head into a nod.
Amber touches her hand to her heart as she sincerely thanks the Atlantean officer. “Many thanks, sister. I will be sure to look him up.” She hesitates a moment before adding softly in Greek, “Δεν θέλω να προσβάλω τον νέο μας φίλο εδώ, αλλά χρειάζομαι λίγη δουλειά στην πανοπλία μου που μόνο οι άνθρωποί μας έχουν γνώση να δημιουργήσουν. Θα μπορούσατε να προτείνετε ένα καλό TW που θα μπορούσε να προσθέσει το Mystic Exoskeleton μεταξύ άλλων στην πανοπλία μου; Ή τουλάχιστον υποδείξτε μου τη σωστή περιοχή της πόλης για να βρω ένα.

Translation
“I don’t want to offend our new friend here, but I need some work done on my armour that only our people have knowledge to create. Would you be able to recommend a good TW that could add Mystic Exoskeleton among other things to my armour? Or at least point me to the right area of the city to find one.”
Once they are hustled back out of the way of the incoming aircraft, she turns to Analoy. "I'm going to find Josiah tomorrow morning and see if he will do make some time for us. I take it you are interested in meeting this gentleman?"

She finds it hard to contain her excitement as she gets into the shower. She has a quick but thorough wash, very excited to be able to explore the city and do some shopping before the shops close and hurries and to get showered and dressed. She has a thought in the shower as she is readying herself. Sel said she could make self powered items, maybe she could make me some batteries? I’ll ask before I go exploring.

Before she heads out into the city, she will talk to Sel. “Sel. How did you say it earlier? You could make things that you don’t even need to power it yourself.” She waits for an affirmative or negative response and before speaking again. “Does that mean you could make mystical batteries that recharge on Ley Lines? You could also put your own energy into this battery too, right? I would certainly be interested in something like that if you could make it. I can front you some creds for parts and stuff.” She lets her answer, "If this work goes well, I'll have some other small projects that I'll need done too." (OCC – She would be looking for 2 PPE batteries that could hold 70-100 PPE each and can recharge themselves when close to a Ley Line.)

Before leaving, she tells the rest of the GIRLS that she will meet them back here in a couple or hours to go find a nice place to enjoy dinner and some drinks.

She enters the city and concentrates briefly to sense the direction of the nearest Ley Line. Once she feels that she is within range of the Ley Line she will concentrate briefly and Ley Line Phase and phases towards the centre of the city. Once there she looks around in wonder. A sense of longing washes over her. By the Gods, this place is beautiful. Once we are done with our “problem”, I am coming back here for a much longer time than we have right now. She sighs and begins to search for an Atlantean Techno Wizard that is able do some 'special' work for her. She will be sure to ask around if she has any difficulty.
Amber Dach

Current Conditions
Conditions
P.P.E.: 23/33
I.S.P.: 76/150
H.P.: 33/33
S.D.C.: 87/87

Crystal Deflector Gauntlet: 11/15 melee round charges remaining

Selenidaria

Post by Selenidaria »

(Rolls Held)
Amber Dach wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:25 pm She finds it hard to contain her excitement as she gets into the shower. She has a quick but thorough wash, very excited to be able to explore the city and do some shopping before the shops close and hurries and to get showered and dressed. She has a thought in the shower as she is readying herself. Sel said she could make self powered items, maybe she could make me some batteries? I’ll ask before I go exploring.

Before she heads out into the city, she will talk to Sel. “Sel. How did you say it earlier? You could make things that you don’t even need to power it yourself.” She waits for an affirmative or negative response and before speaking again. “Does that mean you could make mystical batteries that recharge on Ley Lines? You could also put your own energy into this battery too, right? I would certainly be interested in something like that if you could make it. I can front you some creds for parts and stuff.” She lets her answer, "If this work goes well, I'll have some other small projects that I'll need done too." (OCC – She would be looking for 2 PPE batteries that could hold 70-100 PPE each and can recharge themselves when close to a Ley Line.)
"Think of how many TW weapons essentially have a built in e-clip for mystical power, as it were. Those weapons can then be modified during the creation process so that those with no mystical abilities can fire them. That's more along the lines of what I was referring to. In theory, I can make a battery that can charge on ley lines, but I have not attempted such an ambitious project. Let me start working on drawing up blueprints after dinner to see what I can come up with, taking into consideration my own repertoire of spells and whether or not I would need to learn any new spells for the project. That being said, I know a spell that can allow me to store mystical power into a specially made object that I could then recharge after it was drained, although it's ability to hold power is nearly half when it gets recharged, but I don't need to expend nearly as much energy to recharge as I do to create the object. The initial process of creating the item requires a lot of energy, so the only way I could do it is by syphoning power from a ley line. Is this something you would be interested in?" Sel explains to Amber.
Selenidaria
OOC Comments
HP: 30/30
SDC: 30/30
PPE: 155/155
ISP: 37/37

Constant Effects: Mind Block Auto-Defense

MR-10 Magefire Bolt Rifle 18/18 shots

Blue Boy Power Armor
Model Type: NG-X44
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
Thumper Shoulder Assault Rifle (attached to armor) – 50
* Forearm Volt Disruptor (1, left forearm) – 10
* Leg Maneuvering Jets (2, small) – 12 each
* Vibro-Blades (2) – 15 each
** Main Body – 165
Amber Dach

Post by Amber Dach »

(Rolls Held)
Selenidaria wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:49 pm
"Think of how many TW weapons essentially have a built in e-clip for mystical power, as it were. Those weapons can then be modified during the creation process so that those with no mystical abilities can fire them. That's more along the lines of what I was referring to. In theory, I can make a battery that can charge on ley lines, but I have not attempted such an ambitious project. Let me start working on drawing up blueprints after dinner to see what I can come up with, taking into consideration my own repertoire of spells and whether or not I would need to learn any new spells for the project. That being said, I know a spell that can allow me to store mystical power into a specially made object that I could then recharge after it was drained, although it's ability to hold power is nearly half when it gets recharged, but I don't need to expend nearly as much energy to recharge as I do to create the object. The initial process of creating the item requires a lot of energy, so the only way I could do it is by siphoning power from a Ley Line. Is this something you would be interested in?" Sel explains to Amber.
Amber thinks for a second. "That isn't quite what I am looking for, Sel, although I would interested in that as a short-term option." She plunges into the depths of her memory before continuing. "From what I understand, you would be the only person that would be able to recharge the object though? I don't have a large mystical reserve, but I would like to be self-reliant in recharging my batteries. But, if you would be able to make something along the lines of what I described, that would be fantastic. Give it some thought and see if it is doable."
Amber Dach

Current Conditions
Conditions

Selenidaria

Post by Selenidaria »

(Rolls Held)
Amber Dach wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:14 pm Amber thinks for a second. "That isn't quite what I am looking for, Sel, although I would interested in that as a short-term option." She plunges into the depths of her memory before continuing. "From what I understand, you would be the only person that would be able to recharge the object though? I don't have a large mystical reserve, but I would like to be self-reliant in recharging my batteries. But, if you would be able to make something along the lines of what I described, that would be fantastic. Give it some thought and see if it is doable."
"I understand, but I wanted to let you know what options I had so you could best figure out what you need." the Techno-Wizard replies.
Selenidaria
OOC Comments

Blue Boy Power Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
** Main Body – 165
Jezebel
Group Leader

Post by Jezebel »

Perception: 77% / 1d100: [11] = 11
JIC: 1d20: [17] = 17 / 1d100: [38] = 38
Conditions: Critical strike on 18-20, K.O. on N20, Energy Resistance, NE-BA-26 & Stalker Suit worn, N-F50A active
Wardrobe & Grooming 86% / 1d100: [95] = 95
Jezebel wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:27 pm
Availability skills (post for each item)
Barter 70% / 1d100: [28] = 28
Find Contraband and Illegal Weapons 81% / 1d100: [44] = 44
Invoke Trust: 88% / 1d100: [27] = 27
Lore: Demons & Monsters 75% / 1d100: [19] = 19
Sel wrote:"Oh my goddess, thank you, thank you so much! By the way, my name is Selenidaria, but you can call me Sel for short. I honestly have no clue what an Aluta is, but I am an elf. Are Aluta particularly long lived? And as for hiding my ears, that will not be a problem as ninety percent of the time I wear stuff that I can easily hide my ears with at a moment's notice...My apologies, but I just realized I never caught your name, either."
Jez contains her irritation and shoves it deep down inside her to be crushed by her will. Shut up, inner bitch. Now's not the time for you. Instead of snapping at Sel, Jez approximates a weary smile before saying, "Welcome aboard. We've been some time in the field. Help yourself to our accommodations as it suits you. I must wash up before a night's festivities. We've only just met, so don't take this personally, but if you attempt to steal from or betray any of our number, I will see to your destruction. My suggestion is to clean up and get prepared to eat too much tonight. Or dance too much. Whatever your preferred vice for relaxation is. Me, I've never been able to settle on just one."
Airport Officer wrote:"We must clear the tarmac; a flight is inbound. Please vacate the area."
Frak me running. We must look like a bunch of wet behind the ears nuggets standing around on this flight deck. Jez follows quickly with an urgent-toned "Let's move--move! Hustle!" as she removes herself while encouraging the others to do likewise.
Susan wrote:Susan takes her share of the payment from Jezebel. "Thank you, Commander. At least we're being paid well for morally dubious work. Although I think we made the best of the situation."
On their way into their accommodations at the airport Jez nods to Susan's comment. "Amber has more than earned her keep simply by being a better person than myself. Were it not for her, and you backing her up, I'd have likely done my best to kill that trapped creature."

Before leaving everyone's presence Jez calls out "Two hours after sunset! We meet here! Be dressed for fun, but be prepared. Never know when shit's gonna go sour & the boss'll have to kill some frakker. See you then GIRLS!"

Once in her room, Jez disrobes and considers her options. Frak me. The Stalker Suit is the closest thing I have to civvies with me? Damn, bitch, you had the dumbs when you left Merctown. She washes out her fatigues & the Stalker Suit in the shower as she showers herself. After drying off, she dries off the Stalker Suit with another towel then hangs her fatigues up to dry. She gets her hair put up into a simple vertical tower (beehive) before laying flat on her back, setting a timer, and taking a quick nap before the expected night's partying. She'll be heading out for a night on the town in a Stalker Suit & combat boots and little else besides her small clothes. Some fashion statement, diva. You're gonna look like trash for once.
OOC Comments
Jez's next post will be partying!
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 67
S.D.C.: 133/133
P.T.P.: 1600/1600
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)
Amber Dach

Post by Amber Dach »

(Rolls held over)
Amber Dach wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:25 pm Perception: 42% = 1d100: [4] = 4 (+5% on Perception Rolls regarding vampires and the undead)
JiC: 1d20: [5] = 5 | 1d100: [37] = 37

Skills Rolls
Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy
o Identify Type/Race of Paranormal Creature: 80% = 1d100: [91] = 91
o Track by Psychic Scent: 70% = 1d100: [38] = 38 (82% if supernatural being is also using magic)
Intelligence 53% = 1d100: [23] = 23 (looking for information about a TW she is looking for to do work for her)
Charm/Impress: 55% = 1d100: [8] = 8 (speaking with TW to get work done)
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 70% = 1d100: [65] = 65 (speaking with TW to get work done)
Language: Other: Spanish 92% = 1d100: [33] = 33 (to speak with the locals if needed)
Streetwise 51% = 1d100: [87] = 87 (to get the lay of the land in the area)
Lore : Magic (general knowledge): 45% = 1d100: [3] = 3 (to find an Atlantean TW that can do Mystic Exoskeleton [Rifter 52, page 44])
Constant/Active Conditions
Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense: Range 180’
Sense Supernatural Evil & Sense Magic Energy: Range 300’
Sense the Presence of Vampires and Vampire Intelligences: Range: 1000' radius
Recognize Vampires Recognize Vampires by Appearance (special): 50% = 1d100: [13] = 13 (+10% bonus to recognize Secondary Vampires, +30% bonus to recognize Wild Vampires. -30% skill penalty to recognize Master Vampires).
Sense Rifts and Ley Lines: Senses Ley Lines up to 5 miles away, a nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away.

Alter Aura to change her aura in the following ways:
• The general level of experience can be made to seem much higher (1d4+3 = 1d4+3: [2]+3 = 5 levels higher) than it really is.
• Conceal the I.S.P. levels to be show them to be minimal (like a minor psychic).
• Conceal the presence of magic.
Alter Aura will last for 8 hours. 8 hours remaining. Costs 2 I.S.P.
Jezebel wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:54 am Before leaving everyone's presence Jez calls out "Two hours after sunset! We meet here! Be dressed for fun, but be prepared. Never know when shit's gonna go sour & the boss'll have to kill some frakker. See you then GIRLS!"
Amber smiles inwardly as Jez barks her orders. "I'm off to do some shopping, Jez. Be ready for a fun night when I get back. And do try to stay out of trouble, GIRLS!"

She enters the city and concentrates briefly to sense the direction of the nearest Ley Line. Once she feels that she is within range of the Ley Line she will concentrate briefly and Ley Line Phase and phases towards the Pyramid in the centre of the city. Once there she looks up at the main pyramid in wonder. A sense of longing washes over her. How I have missed all of this! So familiar but not at the same time. The By the Gods, this place is beautiful. Once we are done with our “problem”, I am coming back here for much longer than a few days!

She sighs and begins to search the area for signs of any Atlantean Techno Wizard. Once she locates one, she enters the shop and asks whoever is present, "Excuse me. Are you available to make some modifications for on my body armour? If you can't maybe you know of someone that could." She describes the work that she wants completed and asks for a price for the work. She mentally crosses her fingers and thinks to herself. I hope they can do all this for me. I'm going to need every edge I can get facing the "Creator".

Rarity Rolls
Looking to have the following TW upgrades to her body armour:
Lore : Magic (general knowledge): 45% = 1d100: [32] = 32 (looking for Built-in Flashlight option [Rifter 52, page 44])
Lore : Magic (general knowledge): 45% = 1d100: [32] = 32 (looking for Self Sealing Armour addition to armour [Rifter 52, page 44])
Lore : Magic (general knowledge): 45% = 1d100: [90] = 90 (looking for Armor of Ithan spell added to armour [Rifter 52, page 44])
Lore : Magic (general knowledge): 45% = 1d100: [14] = 14 (looking for Sustain spell added to armour [Rifter 52, page 44])
Lore : Magic (general knowledge): 45% = 1d100: [3] = 3 (looking for TW Universal Forearm Launcher added to armour [Rifter 52, page 42])
Lore : Magic (general knowledge): 45% = 1d100: [92] = 92 (looking for Sunaj Mobile Pack - it does say it is available to others at twice the cost [Rifter 52, page 48])
Costs
Mystic Exoskeleton - 405,000 credits
Self Sealing Armour - 40,000 credits
TW Universal Forearm Launcher - 26,000 credits. Integrated into Right forearm for an additional 2,000 credits.
Built-in Flashlight - 3,000 credits (to be placed on Right shoulder)
Sunaj Mobile Pack - 70,000 credits
Armor of Ithan - ?
Sustain ?
Amber Dach

Current Conditions
Conditions

Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Analoy »

Percep: 61%: 1d100: [99] = 99
JIC: 1d20: [17] = 17 1d100: [58] = 58
Conditions
PPE: 257/172;
Knight in Full Armor - 210/143.75 min , 115/62 M.D.C.

Analoy smiles as the Atlantean comments on her ink work. When the woman offers up the tattooists name Josiah, she says, "Thank you for this information Nolle Ashalora." Then glancing toward the other Atlantean that's hustling them off the tarmac she calls back to Nolle Ashalora, "We almost certainly will look up Josiah. If you see him before we do, please tell him to expect us." She offers the other woman a large smile as she hefts her removed armor over a shoulder and makes her way into the hangar.
Amber wrote:"I'm going to find Josiah tomorrow morning and see if he will do make some time for us. I take it you are interested in meeting this gentleman?"
Analoy looks over at Amber like she's crazy and grins, "Of course I wanna go looking for Josiah. Though depending on what tattoo we want, or rather what Josiah may be willing to give us, It might be a good idea to bring someone along that can get us home."

When Jez gives them a schedule, Analoy snaps too and hurries toward the showers. Done with that, she changes into the one other set of clothing that she brought with them and making her way out to the lobby, Analoy grins as she sees the other GIRLS ready to go out for a night on the town.
Analoy Landie
Current Details
P.P.E.: 227/227
M.D.C.: 196/196
Charm/Impress: 20%

Selenidaria

Post by Selenidaria »

(Rolls Held)
Jezebel wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:54 am Once in her room, Jez disrobes and considers her options. Frak me. The Stalker Suit is the closest thing I have to civvies with me? Damn, bitch, you had the dumbs when you left Merctown. She washes out her fatigues & the Stalker Suit in the shower as she showers herself. After drying off, she dries off the Stalker Suit with another towel then hangs her fatigues up to dry. She gets her hair put up into a simple vertical tower (beehive) before laying flat on her back, setting a timer, and taking a quick nap before the expected night's partying. She'll be heading out for a night on the town in a Stalker Suit & combat boots and little else besides her small clothes. Some fashion statement, diva. You're gonna look like trash for once.
Out on the tarmac awaiting the group to rendezvous, Sel does her best to avoid looking at the sky, or even thinking about the wide open space she is in by trying to distract herself by staring at the side of the nearest vehicle. In the reflection of the vehicle, she takes note of the fact that while her clothes are pressed, wrinkles are also pressed into her slacks and blouse from the fact that she stored these clothes underneath a heavy box. Closer inspection reveals to her that some hydraulic fluid had been present on the box, as she can tell from the hint of pinkish red on her purple blouse. She also notices a spot of grease on the tip of her right ear. Hmm, that must have happened after I dressed as I left Staci. No doubt Staci just wanted to leaver her mark on me so any man, or woman for that matter, would know I am already taken. She suddenly realizes that she has no napkins or tissues on her that she could use to wipe the grease away and starts looking for a clean bit of cloth or a fresh napkin to clean the grime from her ear.
Selenidaria
OOC Comments

Blue Boy Power Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
** Main Body – 165
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Susan Lee »

Jezebel wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:54 am On their way into their accommodations at the airport Jez nods to Susan's comment. "Amber has more than earned her keep simply by being a better person than myself. Were it not for her, and you backing her up, I'd have likely done my best to kill that trapped creature."

Before leaving everyone's presence Jez calls out "Two hours after sunset! We meet here! Be dressed for fun, but be prepared. Never know when shit's gonna go sour & the boss'll have to kill some frakker. See you then GIRLS!"
Susan starts to reach out to touch Jez, then drops her hand. "I think it's easy to be sent into a dark place and told we're going to fight monsters. I've done it with you three times now and every time it's been a lie. But the story always feels real before we go under."

She pauses and looks at literally anything other than Jez. "I tried to kill that poor animal also. I'm glad we did not."

"Can you imagine how fucked up this would all feel without COMBAT DRUGS?!?"

When Susan is in the market doing her 'shopping' she tries to find matching dresses for her and Jez in the local style. She also buys a truly ill-fitting and ugly dress for Eight.
Last edited by Susan Lee on Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's DNA, all the way down./Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Analoy »

[Rolls held]
acquisition roll
Lore: Demons & Monsters 70%: 1d100: [93] = 93
Having finished her shower with military efficiency, Analoy finds she has quite a bit of time before Jez's rendezvous deadline. She lingers around their housing for a few minutes to see if anyone else comes out feeling just as under dressed as she does. If she spots anyone she'll grin and give a twirl showing off her red flannel shirt (no sleeves & tied above the midriff), tan cargo shorts and running Shoes, "I don't know about you but this doesn't scream 'a night out on town' to me. I'm gonna run out and see if I can find something better to wear tonight. Care to join me?"

Regardless if anyone joins her, Analoy heads out into the city, stopping at the gate of the airfield she asks the guard, preferably a female guard, "Could you point me toward a clothing store please. I need something a little more geared toward restaurant attire." Maybe I should find a little black dress. Those seem to suit almost any situation.

Whether she's given any direction or not, Analoy heads out into the city, leading whatever companionship she has with her, as she goes on the hunt for a dress to wear that evening.

Successful or not, Analoy will make sure she's back to meet up with Jez and the others at the appointed time.
Last edited by Analoy on Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
Analoy Landie
Current Details
P.P.E.: 227/227
M.D.C.: 196/196
Charm/Impress: 20%

Jezebel
Group Leader

Post by Jezebel »

(rolls carried over)
Wardrobe & Grooming 86% / 1d100: [17] = 17 (to fix herself up a bit after outfit acquisition)
Jezebel wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:27 pm
Availability skills (post for each item)
Barter 70% / 1d100: [28] = 28
Find Contraband and Illegal Weapons 81% / 1d100: [44] = 44
Invoke Trust: 88% / 1d100: [27] = 27
Lore: Demons & Monsters 75% / 1d100: [19] = 19
Susan wrote:Susan starts to reach out to touch Jez, then drops her hand. "I think it's easy to be sent into a dark place and told we're going to fight monsters. I've done it with you three times now and every time it's been a lie. But the story always feels real before we go under." She pauses and looks at literally anything other than Jez. "I tried to kill that poor animal also. I'm glad we did not. Can you imagine how fucked up this would all feel without COMBAT DRUGS!?"
Jez smiles broadly. Bitch is my kind of crazy. "That sure does seem to be a pattern, and one you seem keen to recognize. Seems you've got greater value than just your scientific acumen."
Analoy wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:37 pmHaving finished her shower with military efficiency, Analoy finds she has quite a bit of time before Jez's rendezvous deadline. She lingers around their housing for a few minutes to see if anyone else comes out feeling just as under dressed as she does. If she spots anyone she'll grin and give a twirl showing off her red flannel shirt (no sleeves & tied above the midriff), tan cargo shorts and running Shoes, "I don't know about you but this doesn't scream 'a night out on town' to me. I'm gonna run out and see if I can find something better to wear tonight. Care to join me?"
Regardless if anyone joins her, Analoy heads out into the city, stopping at the gate of the airfield she asks the guard, preferably a female guard, "Could you point me toward a clothing store please. I need something a little more geared toward restaurant attire." Maybe I should find a little black dress. Those seem to suit almost any situation. Whether she's given any direction or not, Analoy heads out into the city, leading whatever companionship she has with her, as she goes on the hunt for a dress to wear that evening. Successful or not, Analoy will make sure she's back to meet up with Jez and the others at the appointed time.
Jez will certainly accompany the GIRLS on a mission to acquire an outfit for the night, but before settling on what to shop for she'll inquire whether they'd like to "slum it" or find a high class joint. She'll point out that it might be useful, though of course differently, to acquire intel from either kind of HUMINT source, and will encourage the GIRLS to keep their eyes & ears open to such while enjoying the nightlife. If they choose to "slum it," Jez will forego a new outfit entirely and go as-is. If they elect to get fancy, she'll try to find an elegant outfit that matches her hair color for a change.
OOC Comments
Let's coordinate a bit in chat. Slum it? Fancy?
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 67
S.D.C.: 133/133
P.T.P.: 1600/1600
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)
Underguard
Game Master

Post by Underguard »

[Before Dinner]

Both Amber and Susan get pointed in their respective directions from the tarmac security personnel. Susan is able to find the common seeds of the local environment at a bustling flora shop with visitors from as many races as there are normal atlanteans. The florist is not surprised in the slightest when Susan asks for 10,000 worth of seeds, just shrugging the request off. "Another foreign farmer. Protip; follow the instructions." She says in a slow american language to Susan but will otherwise move right along and arrange the delivery. Leaving the florist, Susan passes any number of small armament outlets trying to make a living funding local mercenaries with plenty of the most common stock. [Both the Manoan SK Stun Gun and 10 of the cells can be found]

For all Amber knows about lantean culture, interacting with her own people and others that are welcomed in their society, she knows nothing about how a lantean city is designed except that it uses grids. One alley looks the same as the next to the lantean, fortunately, she is well received by the locals, with a pair of lantean children (11&13) running up to her. "Woah, cool tattoos! You're new!" The smaller girl says as she tugs Amber's arm while the older looking boy hops. "What clan are you?" He asks excitedly. The pair are ushered away quickly by an older woman. "Pardon my children. You look lost, child?" She asks in a matriarchal tone that is almost soothing. She directs Amber to a nearby TW outlet that is on the main roads as well. The TW shop she enters is run by a man bearing similar marks to her own, another of Clan Bagh-Dach seems to find a home in Manoa, though she do not recognize him. He is able to offer her a pair of PPE batteries (80) and also expresses his own ability at creation. The lantean listens to her detailed request for items, nodding along as if taking mental notes. "Ah, well, I can do some of that, but it will take time. Come back tomorrow and I will have a full estimate of what I can do and what it will cost." The lantean says before turning back to his work.

Beyond that, everyone is able to shop for their respective outfit (for better or worse) without incident.

[Dinner]

Roughly an hour after sunset, the GIRLS start gathering in various arrangements of clothing. When the last straggler finally joins the rest of the team, the crew heads out into the City of Manoa which seems to have a surprisingly lit night life.

There is one area that resembles a strip of stone pavement easily a mile long with various trading outlets and restaurants on either side. Unlike the normal chaos they are used to seeing in Merctown, Manoa actually appears somewhat civilized; there are no vagabonds harassing patrons. There are no gangs demanding protection fees. Just a few random Manoa security roaming the area and otherwise, a boisterous population.

There are several locations that spark interest to the GIRLS, including two dimensional cafes with menus from multiple planets and a surprisingly odd one out; what looks like an old western salon. Investigating reveals the salon has traditional historical meals common to the world before the convergence and the two dimensional cafes each have more on the menu than most have probably tried eating before.

There are a few other locations the GIRLS can find, or the GIRLS can bar-crawl down the strip.

What are you doing?
AA Professional Services GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Exe (PW GA) || EP Ledger
ImageImage
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮

Return to “G.I.R.L.S. of Merctown Adventure Forum”