Chapter 2: Inscrutable Morning

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Post Reply
User avatar
Aegis of No Retreat
Assistant Game Master
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2022 1:48 pm

Chapter 2: Inscrutable Morning

Post by Aegis of No Retreat »

Aegis of No Retreat wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 12:50 pm
Merctown Conditions wrote:Location: Merctown, New Pudacah.
Time/Date: 10:30am LMT | ~Jan 25th
Environmental Conditions: 28°F (-2.2°C); Chilly, clear morning with wisps of high altitude clouds.
Several days of rest, leisure and shopping pass for the GIRLS without incident. During this time, they are able to split up and probe New Paducah for new employment opportunities.

The morning of January 25th is brisk, the crisp outside air seeping into the GIRLS main hangar as they lounge around during a late breakfast. The topic of their next job is raised and the GIRLS aggregate their collected intelligence over the past few days. The jobs are pitched (with varying degrees of excitement) to the group by those who originally found the lead, and a discussion is opened about what to do next.

Not far from the GIRLS hangar, Golden Age Weaponsmiths’ has a dealership where much of their vehicle inventory is kept. Some of their stock has mysteriously disappeared. And whereas they have notified MercTown Defenders (who have sent investigators), they are concerned enough about the security hole that they wish to hire some mercenaries to also investigate (and help them patch the security hole).
  • Pay Upfront: 10k UC per merc
  • Pay Completion: 150k UC per merc, plus full salvage rights and armor/equipment repair afterward


Zo’Wur Kulot’te has a lead on an undiscovered ancient alien artifact out West. He is putting together a dig team, but needs additional security to accompany them. When questioned about details, Zo’Wur is elusive and vague, lending credence to the heightened risk/reward (for him) possibility in the job. Also suggesting very limited advanced intelligence on the matter.
  • Pay Upfront: 20k UC per merc
  • Pay Completion: 200k UC per merc per week (est. 3 weeks), no salvage rights


Approached while passing by their elaborate complex in the Hub, Analoy quickly finds herself nodding along with a well-groomed man in a suit telling her that she has exactly “the look” they are searching for. Once told about their mercenary unit, GIRLS, the man excitedly hands her his business card and gives her the elevator speech about the new reality holo-vid series they are putting together called, ‘Mercenaries!’.

The card reads: Fenric Dunn, executive producer, Big Budget Productions. And lists some famous action holo-vids from ~10 years ago as evidence of his resume.

Analoy is left with tickets to Klingmar Spa & Resort dated January 26th for a meeting to discuss more if GIRLS is interested.


While passing by Mercenary Plaza, Amber spots a sign advertising, “Large Conflict. Good pay. Inquire within. -MercOps Incorporated”. Learning a bit more about the conflict, a well-funded state entity, Amber deduces it is likely the Coalition, is looking for irregulars to help them infiltrate and skirmish with a burgeoning, self-proclaimed alien nation-state out East.
  • Pay Upfront: 50k UC per merc
  • Pay Completion: 500k UC per merc. Full salvage rights. On-site repair facilities.


About 10 minutes into the GIRLS discussion, a red light will appear inside Eight’s chest cavity. Image

For the past 3 days, Eight has been doing an exceptional impersonation of a statue, remaining in some manner of unmoving dormant state, standing sentinel just inside the GIRLS main hangar door. Even at a distance, the members of GIRLS can tell that the red light is not accompanied by any movement from Eight. It does, however, beg for someone to perform a closer inspection.
Analoy wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:00 pm Percep: 61%: 1d100: [49] = 49
JIC: 1d20: [2] = 2 1d100: [51] = 51


Analoy feels like a million bucks after the side effects of getting the new magic tattoo have worn off. So much so that, in addition to feeding some of the homeless of Merctown, she's done some light shopping to expand her wardrobe. Pants, sweaters and long sleeved tops mainly but nothing to fancy, mostly resale shop buys that fit her style.

When the talk or work comes up, Analoy tells the other about the proposition that she was given, though she doesn't seem very enthused about it, "I mean, sure. He got me hyped up about it when he approached me, but I don't know if we should put ourselves out there like that. It'd make it hard to do some jobs if the holo-vid show is popular and we start get recognized when we go out on a job." She gives a shrug.

Noticing the light come appear on Eight, Analoy stands and walks over toward him as she says, "I think we should pass on the show. I'm leaning more towards the GAW job or the one for Exotic Arms. Coming up on the Robot, Analoy furrows her brow as she glares at the light, "You okay Eight? What's up with the red light?" Frak I hope its just a message and not a self destruct indicator, though that does seem stupid to let people know something is up.
Aegis of No Retreat wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:16 am
Analoy wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:00 pm Coming up on the Robot, Analoy furrows her brow as she glares at the light, "You okay Eight? What's up with the red light?" Frak I hope its just a message and not a self destruct indicator, though that does seem stupid to let people know something is up.
As Analoy approaches, Eight remains statuesque, unmoving. She does notice, however, that the red light gradually increases in intensity as she gets closer. Should she take a step back, the red light dims proportionately.

Talking does not trigger any sort of response from Eight. Analoy silently wonders if physical contact is required.
Jezebel wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 10:24 am Perception: 77% / 1d100: [38] = 38
JIC: 1d20: [15] = 15 / 1d100: [56] = 56
Conditions: Critical strike on 18-20, K.O. on N20, Energy Resistance, NE-BA-26 & Stalker Suit worn, N-F50A active
Analoy wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:00 pm "I mean, sure. He got me hyped up about it when he approached me, but I don't know if we should put ourselves out there like that. It'd make it hard to do some jobs if the holo-vid show is popular and we start get recognized when we go out on a job." She gives a shrug.
Jez shrugs back, "Zo’Wur is making offers for a total shit-show he wants some group of fools to undertake. The whole op screams 'setup for betrayal' to me, and I'd rather not have to kill the guy. After all, I've done business with him a few times before. Don't wanna get a rep as the gal who kills hometown merchants." Jez seems a bit glum. Hearing what mission Annie's heard about, she remarks, "Before I learned that there are magic options to help me get home, I had my eyes fixed on us becoming famous enough to attract the attention of someone powerful enough to make that happen." She seems full of shrugs today. "Now I find out it's merely a matter of finding someone with the right skills and the knowledge of how to find my universe. I don't know. Maybe things haven't changed and I'm just not smart enough to make sense of it yet." What's happened since I got captured? Do my people even still survive? Am I the last Arismal?
Susan Lee wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:34 pm Perception: 1d100: [43] = 43 / 41%
JIC: 1d20: [11] = 11 / 1d100: [17] = 17

Conditions: See Invisible

Susan comes back from shopping, and immediately reports her information on Golden Age Weaponsmiths. "Commander, I have also identified a number of prominent local business owners who likely possess significant expertise in dimensional travel. From their advertising. If you wish to pursue this line of inquiry, I will upload the list to your computer. I understand this is difficult for you but, perhaps, taking one step will help you feel that you are making progress in your life journey and that you are both honoring yourself and your people."

"Like finding a human who has natural hyper-tensile bone density or is completely immune to magic. Or can kill ghosts with its hands!

Susan pauses. Turning, she notices Eight. She points at the android. "Why is it glowing? I don't want to go near that." She fires up her 'casual' forcefield and tries to ping Eight with a radio contact.

Assuming it doesn't work, she says. "No response to a direct radio hail. Commander, since you may be able to override whatever is happening if dangerous, do you mind putting on some protection and uh... I guess hitting reset on it? Maybe unplug it and plug it back in again?"
Jezebel wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:18 pm (rolls held over)
Susan Lee wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:34 pmAssuming it doesn't work, she says. "No response to a direct radio hail. Commander, since you may be able to override whatever is happening if dangerous, do you mind putting on some protection and uh... I guess hitting reset on it? Maybe unplug it and plug it back in again?"
Jez shrugs, gets up, activates her superheavy forcefield, approaches Eight, extends a tendril from her left index finger, and attempts to merge with Eight. Well, this should be a novel experience anyway. Never tried to merge with an AI-controlled robot before.
Amber Dach wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 7:11 pm Perception: 42% = 1d100: [35] = 35 (+5% on Perception Rolls regarding vampires and the undead)
JiC: 1d20: [3] = 3 | 1d100: [94] = 94

Skills Rolls
Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy
o Identify Type/Race of Paranormal Creature: 80% = 1d100: [2] = 2
o Track by Psychic Scent: 70% = 1d100: [57] = 57 (82% if supernatural being is also using magic)
Constant/Active Conditions
Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense: Range 180’
Sense Supernatural Evil & Sense Magic Energy: Range 300’
Sense the Presence of Vampires and Vampire Intelligences: Range: 1000' radius
Recognize Vampires Recognize Vampires by Appearance (special): 50% = 1d100: [83] = 83 (+10% bonus to recognize Secondary Vampires, +30% bonus to recognize Wild Vampires. -30% skill penalty to recognize Master Vampires).
Sense Rifts and Ley Lines: Senses Ley Lines up to 5 miles away, a nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away.

Alter Aura to change her aura in the following ways:
• The general level of experience can be made to seem much higher (1d4+3 levels higher) than it really is.
• Conceal the I.S.P. levels to be show them to be minimal (like a minor psychic).
• Conceal the presence of magic.
Alter Aura will last for 8 hours. 8 hours remaining. Costs 2 I.S.P.

Amber is happy to be feeling back to her normal self after a few days of rest, meditation and reading. She returns from MercTown with her shopping completed. She stows her new gear and joins the others in discussing the various potential jobs they have encountered.

Amber joins the conversation. “I think I may have found the most lucrative job, but it feels to me like the CS is backing ite and as such I’m not interested in working for them in any capacity.” She holds back what she wants to add out loud. Our current ‘employer’ stretches the boundaries of my morality enough as it is.
Analoy wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:00 pm When the talk or work comes up, Analoy tells the other about the proposition that she was given, though she doesn't seem very enthused about it, "I mean, sure. He got me hyped up about it when he approached me, but I don't know if we should put ourselves out there like that. It'd make it hard to do some jobs if the holo-vid show is popular and we start get recognized when we go out on a job." She gives a shrug.

Noticing the light come appear on Eight, Analoy stands and walks over toward him as she says, "I think we should pass on the show. I'm leaning more towards the GAW job or the one for Exotic Arms.
She crinkles her nose when the Holo-vid show is mentioned. I came to MercTown to do some good, not become famous. She nods in agreement when Analoy states her preference in the available jobs. “I agree with Analoy. I think the GAW is the most palatable to me. It isn’t going to make us rich, but I’m not really looking to get rich.”
Jezebel wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 10:24 am Jez shrugs back, "Zo’Wur is making offers for a total shit-show he wants some group of fools to undertake. The whole op screams 'setup for betrayal' to me, and I'd rather not have to kill the guy. After all, I've done business with him a few times before. Don't wanna get a rep as the gal who kills hometown merchants." Jez seems a bit glum. Hearing what mission Annie's heard about, she remarks, "Before I learned that there are magic options to help me get home, I had my eyes fixed on us becoming famous enough to attract the attention of someone powerful enough to make that happen." She seems full of shrugs today. "Now I find out it's merely a matter of finding someone with the right skills and the knowledge of how to find my universe. I don't know. Maybe things haven't changed and I'm just not smart enough to make sense of it yet." What's happened since I got captured? Do my people even still survive? Am I the last Arismal?
I seem to be doing a lot of agreeing here, she thinks as she nods again in agreement with Jez. “Working for the D’norr isn’t much to my liking either. I only have a passing familiarity with him but seems a bit shifty to me and I doubt he would honour his deal. Especially if there is some kind of powerful item at stake.” He kind of reminds me of our ‘employer’ too.

Amber gives a sympathetic but supportive look to Jez. “I have a vague idea of where your home is, but no means of getting us there. Short of becoming good friends with a powerful Shifter or Rifter that has a familiarity with where your world is, our best option for you is probably…” She trails off as she points to Eight glowing in the corner. "I guess we should see what is up with it."
Aegis of No Retreat wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 4:09 am
Merctown Conditions wrote:Location: Merctown, New Pudacah.
Time/Date: 10:40am LMT | ~Jan 25th
Environmental Conditions: 28°F (-2.2°C); Chilly, clear morning with wisps of high altitude clouds.
GIRLS briefly discuss their employment options and begin to settle on the GAW opportunity as the less lucrative but morally unambiguous choice. Susan knows that securing the job is simply a matter of heading over to GAW and speaking again with her contact: Regional Logistics Manager, Reggie Thaklin.

In the meantime, enigmatic behavior from Eight draws the squad's collective attention.
  • Analoy cautiously approaches, causing the red chest-light to grow in intensity and makes a verbal inquiry, generating no response.
  • Susan take a more conservative position, activating her forcefield and trying to ping Eight with a radio signal. Her display shows the outgoing ping, but no bounce-back confirmation. The cyber-doc deduces from the lack of response that the AI might be engaged in something hazardous to the squad and asks Jez to try to reset it.
  • Jez responds with an air of casual invulnerability and decides to machine merge with the AI. As she approaches, the red chest-list grows even brighter in intensity. Undeterred, the Arismal extends a tendril from her finger and
    Immediately, Jez realizes that this action is a mistake. Normally, when she merges with a machine, it is an act of imposing her own will. The target machine accedes to her dominance and gives her both the knowledge and control she seeks. This experience is wholly opposite. Jez is met with immediate and fierce resistance. It is as if every single avenue of approach from each individual nano-fiber of the tendril is instantaneously repulsed. Each probing effort is like pushing against an impenetrable and indiscernible wall. Eight is clearly in full control of the entirety of itself.

    Worse, after a moment of pushing with no success, Jez feels a counter-swell building. Like an ocean suddenly revealing a half-mile of new beach, Jez instinctively knows that she does not want to experience the incoming tsunami. Through sheer force of will, Jez decides to sever the connection. But her tendril won't retract. It feels as though it is caught in a vice-like grip, holding her there in place for the inevitability to come. Panic wells in her. A helplessness threatens to consume her. But no. This is not what she does. She does not forfeit. No. She knows what she needs to do. To sever the connection, she must sever the tendril.

    Tapping another power, that of touch-destruction, Jez wills the middle section of the tendril to obliterate the tendril neighbors closer to the connection. Success. With each minute vaporization, she feels the connection breaking. Before the severance is complete, Jez is left with the lingering message in her mind: Unauthorized access. Permission denied.
    before Eight re-animates and the connection is broken. Jez knows that she was the one that initiated the severance and a part of her feels somehow... violated. Looking down at the dangling remnants of the tendril even as it recedes back into her, she looks for the matching section on Eight but sees nothing but a small ripple rapidly solidifying. Analoy swears she sees a micro-expression smirk flash across the AI's face.
As the red-light fades, Eight addresses the GIRLS squad nodding in acknowledgement at Jez first, but otherwise behaving as though just woken from standby mode. "Greetings GIRLS. I have received a communication from regional corporate headquarters. They wish to extend an offer of employment for an urgent task. Naruni requires a rapid-response team on-site at a logistics hub approximately 50 miles from here. It is under direct assault from an unknown number of assailants originally posing as a transport convoy. Site defenders are currently holding out, but will likely be overrun within the hour. Offer includes 100k UC per individual upfront and a final payout of 6M UC to the team once the hub is secured. Full salvage rights and equipment and armor repair post-op are included. However, I require a decision within 5 minutes of... now."

GM Note: Knowing a Naruni job is also now on the table, kindly re-confirm which job GIRLS wishes to pursue. After next round of player posts, next GM update will be in an adventure thread.
Amber Dach wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:12 am Perception: 42% = 1d100: [10] = 10 (+5% on Perception Rolls regarding vampires and the undead)
JiC: 1d20: [16] = 16 | 1d100: [90] = 90

Skills Rolls
Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy
o Identify Type/Race of Paranormal Creature: 80% = 1d100: [33] = 33
o Track by Psychic Scent: 70% = 1d100: [99] = 99 (82% if supernatural being is also using magic)
Intelligence 53% = 1d100: [52] = 52
Constant/Active Conditions
Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense: Range 180’
Sense Supernatural Evil & Sense Magic Energy: Range 300’
Sense the Presence of Vampires and Vampire Intelligences: Range: 1000' radius
Recognize Vampires Recognize Vampires by Appearance (special): 50% = 1d100: [67] = 67 (+10% bonus to recognize Secondary Vampires, +30% bonus to recognize Wild Vampires. -30% skill penalty to recognize Master Vampires).
Sense Rifts and Ley Lines: Senses Ley Lines up to 5 miles away, a nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away.

Alter Aura to change her aura in the following ways:
• The general level of experience can be made to seem much higher ( 1d4+3: [1]+3 = 4 levels higher) than it really is.
• Conceal the I.S.P. levels to be show them to be minimal (like a minor psychic).
• Conceal the presence of magic.
Alter Aura will last for 8 hours. 8 hours remaining. Costs 2 I.S.P.
Aegis of No Retreat wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 4:09 am As the red-light fades, Eight addresses the GIRLS squad nodding in acknowledgement at Jez first, but otherwise behaving as though just woken from standby mode. "Greetings GIRLS. I have received a communication from regional corporate headquarters. They wish to extend an offer of employment for an urgent task. Naruni requires a rapid-response team on-site at a logistics hub approximately 50 miles from here. It is under direct assault from an unknown number of assailants originally posing as a transport convoy. Site defenders are currently holding out, but will likely be overrun within the hour. Offer includes 100k UC per individual upfront and a final payout of 6M UC to the team once the hub is secured. Full salvage rights and equipment and armor repair post-op are included. However, I require a decision within 5 minutes of... now."
Amber listens intently and thinks carefully. This could be the CS attacking them for all we know and I really don’t want to tangle directly with their forces if it is them. It tends to bring down hit squads if you mess with them.

She addresses Eight. “Eight, do you have any intelligence about who is attacking the facility? Numbers? Weapons present? Anything at all?” She awaits for a reply from Eight.

Amber says to Jez in particular, but addresses everyone. “I’ll leave the decision to you, Jez. Whatever you decide is fine with me. I can be ready in 5 minutes if you decide we are taking the job.” A bonus if we take this job is that we this will make us seem more like we are loyal employees and hopefully get us closer to the Creator to bring him down.
Jezebel wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 10:11 am Perception: 77% / 1d100: [64] = 64
JIC: 1d20: [5] = 5 / 1d100: [17] = 17
Conditions: Critical strike on 18-20, K.O. on N20, Energy Resistance, NE-BA-26 & Stalker Suit worn, N-F50A active
Intelligence 82% / 1d100: [73] = 73 (to assess the quality of the intel provided in response)
Interrogation 100% / 1d100: [88] = 88 (to get the damn answers they need to do their damn job)

Jez's eyes narrow behind her visor. "Either we get a full intel breakdown with all the info you have, or we get transported to the site out of view of any hostiles so we can collect our own intel. I'm not risking our lives on a throwaway chance at maybe saving your profit margin this quarter. We get actionable intel or your people can fight their own battle. Here's some basics just to get you started: What's our means of transport? Why the five minute time frame? What is the nature and disposition of the OPFOR? Is its leadership a known entity, and if so what is known about them? What is the topography of the battle space? What assets are under friendly control? What is the disposition and nature of the defending force? Are any assets on the field considered expendable? What are the priorities of the defensive strategy? You know, answers to basic questions any first year field commander would expect from any intel report. If we've got less than five minutes, you'd better start talking fast. State your answers at one point five times regular speed." This tin can gives me anymore surprises, and I'm gonna atomize him on general principle.
Analoy wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 4:21 pm Percep: 61%: 1d100: [60] = 60
JIC: 1d20: [16] = 16 1d100: [76] = 76

Analoy glances at the others as Eight draws most of their attention. When Jez walks up and sends a tendril at it, Analoy considers blocking it but before she makes up her mind Jez has already made contact and torn the tendril away. Her eyes narrow slightly when she thinks she sees the micro-expression smirk flash across the AI's face. What? Huh? Did it just...

When Eight speaks up, Analoy glances around at the others. So the red light is a transmission in progress? Interesting.... and a little obvious. She says to the others, "I've got no issues taking the Naruni job and can definitely be ready in 5. Is transport provided Eight?" She asks to the robot. "If not, I can be there in less than 30 minutes. I'm assuming that faster we get there the betting." Analoy considers he possible modes of transport, Could you super speed. Its fast but terrain issues could slow me down. Same thing with the demon runner. But the flight tattoo would be perfect.
Susan Lee wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:19 pm Perception: 1d100: [62] = 62 / 41%
JIC: 1d100: [99] = 99 / 1d20: [15] = 15

Conditions: See Invisible

When Jez has her complicated moment with Eight, Susan is shocked that it has such defenses. Not merely immune to tampering, but actual DEFENSES against the Commander's ability. I wish I could test out her capabilities under controlled circumstances...

All of Susan's questions have already been asked by the other team members and she waits to hear the android's answer. Particularly about who is attacking the Naruni sales team. If it's the Splugorth, that would be best. If it's the Coalition and any surrender or escape it could be complicated. If it's Free Quebec, less good but probably fine. If it's Northern Gun or Manistique, that would be very bad.
Aegis of No Retreat wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 2:21 am
Merctown Conditions wrote:Location: Merctown, New Pudacah.
Time/Date: 10:41am LMT | ~Jan 25th
Environmental Conditions: 28°F (-2.2°C); Chilly, clear morning with wisps of high altitude clouds.
Player info requests
Amber Dach wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:12 am“Eight, do you have any intelligence about who is attacking the facility? Numbers? Weapons present? Anything at all?”
Jezebel wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 10:11 am"Either we get a full intel breakdown with all the info you have, or we get transported to the site out of view of any hostiles so we can collect our own intel. I'm not risking our lives on a throwaway chance at maybe saving your profit margin this quarter. We get actionable intel or your people can fight their own battle. Here's some basics just to get you started: What's our means of transport? Why the five minute time frame? What is the nature and disposition of the OPFOR? Is its leadership a known entity, and if so what is known about them? What is the topography of the battle space? What assets are under friendly control? What is the disposition and nature of the defending force? Are any assets on the field considered expendable? What are the priorities of the defensive strategy? You know, answers to basic questions any first year field commander would expect from any intel report. If we've got less than five minutes, you'd better start talking fast. State your answers at one point five times regular speed."
Analoy wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 4:21 pm"I've got no issues taking the Naruni job and can definitely be ready in 5. Is transport provided Eight?" She asks to the robot. "If not, I can be there in less than 30 minutes. I'm assuming that faster we get there the betting."
Eight’s entire face begins to illuminate with a bright intensity. Shadows seem to dart across its surface in rapid succession. It takes but a moment to realize that the AI is somehow utilizing its face to project
Recordings from what look like 8 separate security feeds on the same timeline from the logistics hub, play at high speed on a loop condensed to 1.5 minutes. The following observations can be made:
  • Assault opened with long-range missile bombardment. This missile barrage was met by SAM batteries installed at the facility. Despite the air-defense’s best efforts, missile numerical superiority was on the attacker’s side. Resultant explosions ripple along the force fields temporarily obscuring the enemy deployment before collapsing the force field altogether.
  • Though an exact count is difficult, based on the number of vehicles involved, roughly a company (100-150) sized military force is assaulting the logistics hub. There are about a dozen power armor units along with a subset of the force that has magic capabilities. For those who successfully rolled perception last round: Despite individualized adornments, colorations and markings, the weapons fire characteristics seem to share similarities with Naruni particle, kinetic and plasma weapons.
  • These ‘irregular’ forces are well-trained and move with exceptional coordination, suggesting elite special forces rather than simply an amalgam of mercenaries.
  • Attackers have indirect fire assets that are not visible on the security feeds, but whose presence is felt by the defenders when struck by missile barrages. By the end of the loop, it is clear these precision munition strikes have done significant damage to both defensive fortifications and whittled down the number of defenders.
  • Garrison defense units number roughly a platoon’s (~50) worth. Giving the attackers a 2:1 or 3:1 numbers advantage. However, the garrison consists almost entirely of Repo-bots and along with static defenses, look to be putting up a valiant effort.
  • Presence of magic on the attacker’s side is a major supportive boon, allowing them to regularly replenish defensive magical shields, keeping those at the front lines fresh and pushing the offensive.
  • Assessment seems accurate. Facility will be overrun within the hour without further reinforcements.
.

Simultaneously, Eight elaborates on the situation at 1.5 speed, the words are spoken with clipped precision.

”A vertical lift asset will land outside in 4:36 minutes. If you agree to employment, board the asset with full tactical load, ready to fight. It will immediately head to the combat theater once I am aboard. Field deployment location will be at your discretion. ETA: 15 minutes after lift-off. Additional reinforcements are being mobilized and will be en route.”

GIRLS are able to assess the situation and discuss it for roughly 5 minutes.

As per Eight’s prediction, a vertical lift asset arrives just outside the GIRLS hangar. It bears functional and statistical similarities to the Triax Dragonfly, but is clearly of Naruni make (coloration and sleeker curves/profile). Two of its attachment points are already occupied by what looks like an MDC ceramic shipping boxcar. But Jez concludes that she’d be able to take her ‘bot if she wanted. There is ample space to strap in in the front cockpit area too.


=============
GM notes: boarding the Dragonfly will count as accepting employment. Next GM update will then be an adventure thread. Phineas will join GIRLS deployment as part of other New Paducah mercenaries that also got hired by Naruni (but will also be given a GM post at City Gates until ready to transition to adventure thread).

Also, if anyone has a neato map/location that they would like to use as the Naruni "logistics hub", that would certainly be welcome and save me some time.
=============
Jezebel wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 4:55 pm Perception: 77% / 1d100: [63] = 63
JIC: 1d20: [13] = 13 / 1d100: [59] = 59
Conditions: Critical strike on 18-20, K.O. on N20, Energy Resistance, NE-BA-26 & Stalker Suit worn, N-F50A active

Jez stands up and stretches a bit. "Gear up, GIRLS. Let's go earn some credits. Take whatcha need for a serious fight, but blunting the advance of a company of trained killers isn't the job for a light squad. We're gonna drop far behind the rear and hunt down those missile boats so the defenders can do their jobs." Jez hauls the Wilks cannon up and into the cockpit of the TR with her and sets it across the two seats behind the command couch. She makes sure the rest of her shit gets piled there as well before taking a seat in the command couch, securing herself with the five-point harness to the seat, and letting her hands merge with the TR's controls. She walks the big girl out to hook-up with the Dragonfly. Okay, big girl, let's see how well I can make you dance. Perhaps someone will be willing to have a stand-up fight this time? It's been a couple years, right? Back with Explorers Inc was the last time you and I really had to hustle to stay in one piece. She smiles wistfully before the smile no longer meets her eyes. Damn, I've been away from my people for years now. I don't think I've felt so homesick and lonely since boot camp a lifetime ago.
Amber Dach wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:14 pm Perception: 42% = 1d100: [36] = 36 (+5% on Perception Rolls regarding vampires and the undead)
JiC: 1d20: [16] = 16 | 1d100: [59] = 59

Skills Rolls
Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy
o Identify Type/Race of Paranormal Creature: 80% = 1d100: [58] = 58
o Track by Psychic Scent: 70% = 1d100: [20] = 20 (82% if supernatural being is also using magic)
Intelligence 53% = 1d100: [55] = 55
Radio: Basic 65% = 1d100: [77] = 77
Constant/Active Conditions
Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense: Range 180’
Sense Supernatural Evil & Sense Magic Energy: Range 300’
Sense the Presence of Vampires and Vampire Intelligences: Range: 1000' radius
Recognize Vampires Recognize Vampires by Appearance (special): 50% = 1d100: [85] = 85 (+10% bonus to recognize Secondary Vampires, +30% bonus to recognize Wild Vampires. -30% skill penalty to recognize Master Vampires).
Sense Rifts and Ley Lines: Senses Ley Lines up to 5 miles away, a nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away.
See the Invisible: 200’
Alter Aura to change her aura in the following ways:
• The general level of experience can be made to seem much higher ( 1d4+3: [3]+3 = 6 levels higher) than it really is.
• Conceal the I.S.P. levels to be show them to be minimal (like a minor psychic).
• Conceal the presence of magic.
Alter Aura will last for 8 hours. 8 hours remaining. Costs 2 I.S.P.
Jezebel wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 4:55 pm Jez stands up and stretches a bit. "Gear up, GIRLS. Let's go earn some credits. Take whatcha need for a serious fight, but blunting the advance of a company of trained killers isn't the job for a light squad. We're gonna drop far behind the rear and hunt down those missile boats so the defenders can do their jobs."
Knowing that time is of the essence since their ride is coming in mere minutes, Amber replies with a a quick. “Okay Jez. I’ll be ready by the time the drop ship gets here.” She is secretly relived that Jez wants them to be dropped further in the rear as she really hasn’t done any large-scale military ops, only small unit ops.

She bolts back to her room and knowing she won’t have enough time to get all of her gear on, she makes sure to quickly gather everything she needs to don on the way to the DZ. She ticks things off on her mental checklist as she gather her gear. Armour, check. Weapons, check. Ammo, check. Jet pack, check.

Once she has gathered all the gear she is taking with her, she waits near the hangar doors. "Hey Eight. It would be nice to be able to coordinate with whoever else is defending. Can you get us set up with comms with both the defenders and any one else that is coming in with us? I would rather not be subject to friendly-fire."

She sighs as the drop ship approaches. I guess I should try and get used to this kind of thing if I’m going to be a Cyber-Knight. As she loads up into the Dragonfly. Here goes nothing. Once they lift off she will start strapping on her gear to be ready once they hit the ground. (1d4+4 minutes to don armour.)
Susan Lee wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:09 am Perception: 1d100: [63] = 63 / 41%
JIC: 1d20: [20] = 20 / 1d100: [37] = 37

Conditions: See Invisible

Susan carefully watches the video of the attack. "So, mercenaries, then. Likely working directly for Northern Gun or for the CS through a third party. Possibly independents thinking they can rob the Naruni with no repercussions."

Which means that whoever's paying for this won't want to advertise and if we're only part of a larger force we'll blend in as 'random hires.'

"Providing store security is as honorable as anything, I suppose."

She then begins the laborious process of getting into her armor, putting on the new harness, strapping in the new heavy weapon and getting the babies ready.

Phinneas_Graves wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:48 pm Perception: 30% 1d100: [58] = 58
JIC: 1d20 | 1d100: 1d20: [9] = 9 | 1d100: [84] = 84

In what looks like epileptic fits, Phinneas dances along the road heading to Merctown. Every few yards in between, he stops to kick a stone in one direction or the other while singing, "Crazy, crazy, crazyyyyyyy......I'm feeling so crrraaaaaaaaaaazzyyyyyyyy todayyyyyy.....".

Hearing the booming announcement begin from the loudspeaker, he stops dead in his tracks and listens intently. Phinneas then grasps the frag grenade hanging from a chain around his neck and brings it up to eye level, staring wide-eyed into the 2 eyes and smile painted on it's side in worn white paint. "Well, well, well, Mr. Boom Boom. Take a look at this place." He then faces the grenade towards the massive walls of Merctown and turns it left to right, as if helping the little painted on face see everything. When their eyes meet again, Phinneas silently mouths "Woooowww" to the grenade. "What do you think? Shall we go?" He looks at the grenade intently. "Excellent. This place looks like it could be fun!"

Phinneas makes his way to the queue of the checkpoint. When it's his turn for inspection, he plops his Vibro-Axe down on the table and says, "Allow me to introduce myself, (mouthing a drumroll) I am Phinneas Graves!" After not more than a couple seconds he adds, "Oh yes, how inconsiderate of me.......May I also introduce my traveling companion, the esteemed Mr. Boom Boom!"
Aegis of No Retreat wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 4:26 am At the checkpoint, the MercTown Defender begins running a scanner over Phinneas, but comes to a sudden halt when he introduces his dear traveling companion. Immediately, his hand twitches toward his holstered sidearm. "Sir. I am going to have to ask you to place Mister Boom Boom on the ground. And slowly take three steps back."

Word (like via radio comms) has gotten around and the other Defenders nearby are ushering the others waiting in line to a safe distance away from Phinneas.

Assuming Phinneas complies, it is 5 minutes before an individual clearly a bomb specialist in full armored regalia arrives on scene to give Mr. Boom Boom a complete physical. A few minutes after that, the bomb specialist has a brief sidebar with the original Defender before he hands him a small grey device with a small hole in the center. Nodding, the bomb specialist heads off.
Image

Phinneas' original checkpoint Defender turns to address him. Adopting a more relaxed stance.

"Mister Graves, I request permission to attach this device to the top of... Mister Boom Boom. It is a pin-trigger explosive neutralizer. While in New Paducah, Mister Boom Boom will need to have this on so that if the pin is pulled, an ablative foam will quickly quench any explosion, preventing him from harming others. When you leave the town, any checkpoint Defender can safely remove this device. This is a requirement for Mister Boom Boom's entry into the city. Otherwise, he will need to wait in a locker with your long arms and other explosive ordinances. Do you agree and comply with the rules I have just spoken to you?"
Phinneas_Graves wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:21 am Phinneas raises an eyebrow at the guard. He then looks down at the grenade and starts to speak to it, as if trying to have a private conversation, but it is still loud enough for the guards to hear. "Mr. Boom Boom, what do you think? Can we trust these guys?" He listens intently to the grenade. "Yes, I know they're just doing their jobs, but....." He acts as if the grenade has cut him off mid sentence. "OK, OK, I guess they do need to scan you as much as they scan me." Phinneas removes the chain from around his neck and bows down to place Mr. Boom Boom on the ground. Seven incredibly shiny metal rods protruding from his scalp glisten in the light as he does so, and he takes 3 steps back. He stares intently at the inspecting guard, "No funny business. I'm very fast."

After the bomb technician inspects the grenade and has his sidebar with the original inspecting guard, Phinneas relaxes slightly and listens to the guard ask permission to install the device and inspects the device as the guard shows it to him. "You want to give Mr. Boom Boom a hat? Wow, Boom Boom! They must have heard of you already. They want to give you a hat to walk around in!" Phinneas looks at the others waiting in the inspection queue and sticks his tongue out at them slightly. "See that? I don't see anyone else getting a hat....." He looks back at the guard, "I do believe that Mr. Boom Boom would love to wear a hat. It will distinguish him even more to the dwellers of your fine city. "

At this point, Phinneas drops to a prone position and crosses his legs behind him, swaying them back and forth, and rests his chin on his hands waiting in an almost giddy anticipation for the guard to place the device on the grenade.
Aegis of No Retreat wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 2:51 am It's true. Mr Boom Boom strikes quite the dashing figure with his new hat on. Phineas almost wonders if his buddy should wear it ALL the time (not just while in MercTown).

Once that bit of business is sorted away, the two of them are allowed into New Paducah.

Practically metropolitan, Phineas finds himself surrounded by new sights, sounds and smells.

He eventually finds himself snacking on some manner of street food while strolling through the magnificence that is The Hub.

There, he spots a bit of a gathering in front of a formidable high tech complex ((Naruni Enterprises Building)) and heads in for a closer look.

A massive 25 ft tall holo-projection loudly exclaims:

Flash Employment. Limited time only! 100k Universal credits signing bonus NOW!

Beneath the words, is a countdown clock. There seems only to be about 5 minutes remaining. A ragtag group of mercenaries seem to be signing up, and filing into deployment drop pods in the rear of what looks like a vertical lift asset ((Naruni version of Triax Dragonfly)). Phineas counts 4 such drop pods, quickly estimating that at most a squad could fit in each pod ((8-12 per squad)).

But this opportunity must not have been around for long. The line of mercenaries are only filling up the second pod and there simply aren't enough people nearby to occupy the other two.

An enthusiastic-looking Uteni flanked by four Repo-bots alights at Phineas' arrival and waves him over. His slitless mouth speaks with melodious clarity and without regional accent.

"Want to make a quick hundred grand? One of our logistics facilities is under attack and we need some extra muscle. Hop in the pod and we will place a 100k cred-stick in your hands. A quick 50 mile ride and we'll drop you off to get a chance to earn your pay. Also, any battlefield salvage is yours for the taking. We just want to repel these awful invaders who are looking to disrupt our business operations."


=============
GM note: Please continue posting here (not Naruni Enterprises Building). This opportunity is your way to link up with GIRLS in the field. Next GM update will be an adventure thread.
=============
Phinneas_Graves wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 6:36 pm As he finishes some kind of flesh on a stick, Phinneas listens to the Uteni's offer. He looks inquisitively at the Uteni, trying to figure out how it is talking with no mouth hole. "100k you say? Me and Mr. Boom Boom just got into town though...." He pauses for a second in thought. Seeing the countdown timer winding down, he replies in an almost whiny voice, "Oh alright......100k will let us have some fun when we get back." As he makes his way to the ship, it look as Phinneas is talking to himself. "See that Boom Boom? I guess people HAVE heard of us here. I hope we get some time to relax when we get back."

Phinneas climbs into an available seat in one of the pods. As he sits and waits for takeoff, Phinneas yells back to the Uteni, "Hey! No mouth guy! Do the cred sticks of these other guys count as salvage when they die? I mean, I'll be fine, but these other guys look like they won't make it too long!"

Current Conditions wrote:Location: Naruni "Logistical Supply Depot"
Time/Date: 10:50am LMT | ~Jan 25th
Environmental Conditions: 28°F (-2.2°C); Chilly, clear morning with wisps of high altitude clouds.
[Phinneas]
Phinneas_Graves wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 6:36 pmPhinneas climbs into an available seat in one of the pods. As he sits and waits for takeoff, Phinneas yells back to the Uteni, "Hey! No mouth guy! Do the cred sticks of these other guys count as salvage when they die? I mean, I'll be fine, but these other guys look like they won't make it too long!"
Phinneas swears that the corners of the Uteni's mouthless face curl into a devious smirk. The crazy thinks he spots a look with a mixture of a secret revealed and being mildly impressed, the alien quickly recovers into stoicism and repeats the relevant portion of the mission parameters, "Any battlefield salvage is yours for the taking." With that, the pod door closes and seals with a hiss. As the outside natural light is utterly replaced by indoor lighting, Phinneas comes to the sudden terrifying realization that there are no windows in the pod. Leaving its denizens without a means to see outside, left only with a single lever presumably meant to re-open the pod door once they land safely at their destination.

Moments later, the pod lurches as the Dragonfly takes flight. Phinneas isn't sure if it is his general state of paranoia, or the true reality of his situation, but the furtive glances of the other mercenaries enclosed within the pod with him suggests that his comment seems to have planted some manner of seed in their minds. A seed of mischief and profit. Exchanged whispers and stolen glances suggest secret alliances and backroom deals of two and three being quickly forged among those gathered.

The crazy finds himself somewhat of a pariah. None of the others appear willing to team up with him. Leaving only Mr. Boom Boom his most stalwart companion among the lot.

About 15 minutes of flight later, the continuous vibrations typical of high speed flight are interrupted with a sudden violent shake. The green strip lighting lining the pod's walls turn from green to orange. Everyone else in the pod takes this as an indicator to prepare to disembark. They quickly disengage their safety harnesses and crowd the pod hatch eager to be the first out the door to get first crack and glory and treasure. Phinneas quickly discovers his efforts to join the throng thwarted. Somehow Mr. Boom Boom's new hat jammed into the side of the harness release pin sometime during the flight, preventing its release.

The crazy is looking down, trying to puzzle out whether he needs to simply cut the harness when his ears are assaulted with the sound of a massive explosion. Heat washes over his face for a brief moment before it is replaced with wind and sucking air. Reflexively, Phinneas is able to snatch his backpack and duffel to hold on to his 'stuff' even as his senses adjust to his new reality.

The pod wall two feet adjacent to the hatch is now just a ragged hole. All the other mercenaries who had gathered next to the hatch are now gone, sucked out from the sudden decompression. Outside the pod, the view oscillates between the sky and the ground, rapidly getting larger. Instinctively knowing that he is more likely to live from a fall than a crash, Phinneas knifes himself free of his restraints and launches himself out of the pod through the newly formed opening with Mr. Boom Boom and his gear in tow.

In a flash of insight, he uses the tent from his duffel to act as a make-shift parachute (not that he has ever parachuted before), slowing his descent to the point of being able to non-lethally tuck and roll into his landing.

Once he gains his bearings a bit, Phinneas determines: that his drop pod crashed (along with the flaming bodies of some of the other mercenaries sucked out at higher altitudes). Three deployment pods were released in succession as their transport took missile-fire, with the fourth going down with the Dragonfly, currently a bit of a charred mess.

The crazy understands that he is currently alone, without fire support, with a massive gun battle to the north and some manner of missile batteries being launched from West of his location.

[((Phinneas takes 3d6: [5, 4, 6] = 15 SDC damage from the fall. Roll with impact for 1/2 damage.))

[Jez, Amber, Susan, Analoy, Eight]
Amber Dach wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:14 pm"Hey Eight. It would be nice to be able to coordinate with whoever else is defending. Can you get us set up with comms with both the defenders and any one else that is coming in with us? I would rather not be subject to friendly-fire."
Eight nods in agreement and provides the communication channel frequency for the GIRLS to key in. Should any decide to listen in, the chatter is primarily coming from the pilots of the transport Dragonflies signaling their status and readiness to head to the combat zone.

Both Amber and Jez (if she is listening) determine that aside from their Dragonfly, there are three others set to join them as reinforcements for the Naruni base defense.

During the flight, Eight continues to feed video of the fight to the squad, allowing them a bit more situational awareness of what they are about to deploy into.

About 14 minutes into the flight, the feeds are cut off, static noise dominating what Eight is receiving. Likewise, the communication channel is also flooded with static. Jez quickly determines that they have gotten close enough to the danger and signals for their pilot to drop the squad off.

While GIRLS are disembarking, Jez's hunch is confirmed as one of the other Dragonflies roars past. Flying heavy with a full compliment of 4 deployment drop pods, its options are limited as enemy missiles reach up from the ground to meet it. One by one, it releases its deployment pods, trying to lighten its load to maneuver and ultimately escape the hot landing zone. Its efforts are for naught as the bombardment results in flaming pods crashing to the ground and the Dragonfly itself being forced to crash-land with one pod still in the rack.

To the benefit of the GIRLS, they have a pretty good bead on where the missile launch units are. One to the East of their current location and one to the North.

Their own Dragonfly takes damage as it flies back in the direction they came, but manages to limp off the battlefield. The military minded among you know that the enemy knows that hostile forces have been deployed at your current location and so will likely be sending units to counter-attack soon.

((GM Note: Combat Posts!))
2022_03_Map.jpg
User avatar
Phinneas_Graves
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:29 am

Re: Chapter 2: Inscrutable Morning

Post by Phinneas_Graves »

Roll with Impact: 1d20+6: [16]+6 = 22

Perception: 30% | 1d100: [80] = 80
JIC: 1d20: [6] = 6 | 1d100: [96] = 96
Land Navigation: 46% 1d100: [46] = 46
Detect Ambush: 40% 1d100: [95] = 95
Constant Conditions:
Special Abilities
1. Super Endurance: Can lift and carry twice as much as a normal person of equivalent Strength and Endurance, and can last 10 times longer before feeling effect of exhaustion. Can remain alert and operate at full efficiency for up to 3 days (72 hours) without sleep. Needs only 4 hours of sleep to function at full capacity.
2. Increased Strength: Falls under "Augmented" category.
3. Increased Speed: Can leap 20 ft across and 15 high after a short run (half the distance from a dead stop).
4. Heightened Reflexes and Agility: Exceptional Balance and Grace.
5. Enhanced Senses:
Enhanced Vision: Character has perfect 20/20 vision and exceptional long range vision; can read a small sign or recognize a face from up to 2 miles away when he concentrates; must have line of sight.
Enhanced Hearing: Can hear a whisper or a twig snap up to 3oo ft away. Acute hearing gives an Automatic Dodge on ALL attacks; even from behind and surprise attacks. Does NOT use up a melee attack. Normal dodge bonuses do not apply, but P.P. bonuses do.
Enhanced sense of smell: Character can instantly recognize odors (01-65%), recognize a person by scent like a dog (01-25%), and even track by smell (01-30%), provided the sent is not more than 2 hours old.
Enhanced sense of taste: Can taste for a specific flavor, discern specific ingredients and tell if a drink or food has been poisoned, drugged or spoiled. Chance for detection (01-55%), +20% if the chemical has a telltale taste or odor to begin with.
Enhanced sense of touch: Character recognizes very slight differences in textures by touch. Adds 10% to all skills that require a delicate touch such as Art, Demolitions, Palming, Pick Pockets, Pick Locks, Electronics, etc.
6. Enhanced Healing: Heals two times faster than normal. Virtually impervious to pain, no amount of pain will impair the Crazy until he is down to 10 HP or less. At that point the warrior will realize his condition and start to feel the effects of his injuries. However, the Crazy can go into an intense meditative trance that will induce Bio-Regeneration, healing damage in moments.
7. Crazies Bio-Regeneration: The Crazy must stop to slip into a meditative trance. While in the trance, he is completely helpless and cannot move or take any action. All of his concentration is being forced into an accelerated bio-feedback program that will restore 2D6 HP and 3D6 S.D.C., stops bleeding, and closes wounds in 2D4 minutes. An extended period of Crazies' Bio-Regeneration, over a period of 6 hours, will restore all S.D.C. and an additional 4D6 HP.

As Phinneas rises from his landing, he crouches and tries to triangulate himself. Gunfire to the north, crashed transport to the east, missiles firing from the west... He then activates his N-F40A Heavy Force Field and unsheathes his LP3-D Dual Shot Laser Pistol with his left hand, keeping his NE-RV07 Ripper Vibro Axe in his right hand, in case of unfavorable run-ins.
Even though he's a Crazy, Phinneas is sane enough to know that this is a bad situation and it's only going to get worse if bodies can't make it to the ground in one piece. I was right Mr. Boom Boom, those guys didn't last long at all. We are going to have to open the skies up if we are going to get out of here. Let's go see what we can do about those missiles. With that, Phinneas starts to make his way to the west, in the direction of a downed drop pod between him and the missile barrage. As he goes, any bodies on the ground he will check for explosives of any sort as well as quick searches for cred sticks. I was only joking about that Boom Boom, but we would be silly not to grab them if we find them. We can always come back around after this is done. He then continues on his course toward the missile barrage.



Combat rolls

Initiative: 1d20+2: [4]+2 = 6
Prowl: 50% 1d100: [99] = 99

If ranged combat:
Action 1: Strike w/LP3-D: 1d20+1: [9]+1 = 10   | Damage 1: 2d6: [6, 2] = 8
Action 2: Strike w/LP3-D: 1d20+1: [12]+1 = 13  | Damage 2: 2d6: [1, 2] = 3
Action 3: Strike w/LP3-D: 1d20+1: [19]+1 = 20  | Damage 3: 2d6: [5, 5] = 10
Action 4: Strike w/LP3-D: 1d20+1: [14]+1 = 15  | Damage 4: 2d6: [1, 4] = 5

If melee combat:
Action 1: Strike w/NE-RV07: 1d20+2: [3]+2 = 5  | Damage 1: 4d6: [1, 2, 3, 3] = 9
Action 2: Strike w/NE-RV07: 1d20+2: [3]+2 = 5  | Damage 2: 4d6: [1, 4, 2, 5] = 12
Action 3: Strike w/NE-RV07: 1d20+2: [17]+2 = 19  | Damage 3: 4d6: [5, 4, 5, 3] = 17
Action 4: Strike w/NE-RV07: 1d20+2: [17]+2 = 19  | Damage 4: 4d6: [6, 1, 6, 4] = 17

Auto Dodges: 1d20+1: [20]+1 = 21 1d20+1: [3]+1 = 4 1d20+1: [7]+1 = 8 1d20+1: [9]+1 = 10
Phinneas Graves
Current stats
S.D.C. 134/126
M.D.C. 110/98
P.P.E. 21/21
Ammo: 192/188
User avatar
Amber Dach
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
Posts: 139
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:50 am

Re: Chapter 2: Inscrutable Morning

Post by Amber Dach »

Perception: 42% = 1d100: [71] = 71 (+5% on Perception Rolls regarding vampires and the undead)
JiC: 1d20: [20] = 20 | 1d100: [19] = 19

Skills Rolls
Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy
o Identify Type/Race of Paranormal Creature: 80% = 1d100: [2] = 2
o Track by Psychic Scent: 70% = 1d100: [5] = 5 (82% if supernatural being is also using magic)
Intelligence 53% = 1d100: [19] = 19 (to determine who is attacking, numbers, etc.)
Land Navigation 62% = 1d100: [19] = 19 (to get the lay of the land)
Constant/Active Conditions
Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense: Range 180’
Sense Supernatural Evil & Sense Magic Energy: Range 300’
Sense the Presence of Vampires and Vampire Intelligences: Range: 1000' radius
Recognize Vampires Recognize Vampires by Appearance (special): 50% = 1d100: [53] = 53 (+10% bonus to recognize Secondary Vampires, +30% bonus to recognize Wild Vampires. -30% skill penalty to recognize Master Vampires).
Sense Rifts and Ley Lines: Senses Ley Lines up to 5 miles away, a nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away.
See the Invisible: 200’

Alter Aura to change her aura in the following ways:
• The general level of experience can be made to seem much higher ( 1d4+3: [4]+3 = 7 levels higher) than it really is.
• Conceal the I.S.P. levels to be show them to be minimal (like a minor psychic).
• Conceal the presence of magic.
Alter Aura will last for 8 hours. 8 hours remaining. Costs 2 I.S.P.
As their Dragonfly nears the Drop Zone, Amber draws her sidearm and reaches out with her senses to see if there are any Ley Lines nearby that she can make use of. She takes a deep breath as they hit the ground. Here we go! She quickly scrambles out of the Pod and looks for cover. She looks around and does a quick headcount to make sure the other GIRLS are safely on the ground.

She looks around to the assembled ladies and says calmly, “They will be coming at us soon, let’s not sit here waiting for them. Let’s grab the initiative and take the fight to them! Unless someone has a better idea, I think we need to start by taking out these missile batteries and see if we can link up with any one else that managed to survive the drop. The battery to the East looked closest to me.”

Combat Rolls
Initiative: 1d20+9: [14]+9 = 23
Non-Combat Action: If under direct threat/attack she activates Crystal Deflector Gauntlet (Apsis shape 40” diameter, 80 MDC) immediately, otherwise she will try to stay under cover.

Action 1: Find cover.
Action 2: Assess situation with GIRLS and decide on direction of attack.
Action 3: Strike with TX-26 at nearest attacker: 1d20+3: [15]+3 = 18 ; Damage: 5d6: [5, 2, 1, 3, 5] = 16 MD
Action 4: Strike with TX-26 at nearest attacker: 1d20+3: [16]+3 = 19 ; Damage: 5d6: [1, 2, 2, 1, 1] = 7 MD
Action 5: Strike with TX-26 at nearest attacker: 1d20+3: [18]+3 = 21 ; Damage: 5d6: [5, 4, 2, 1, 5] = 17 MD
Action 6: Strike with TX-26 at nearest attacker: 1d20+3: [13]+3 = 16 ; Damage: 5d6: [2, 4, 5, 2, 6] = 19 MD

Parries with Shield 1d20+7 (6): 1d20+7: [3]+7 = 10 , 1d20+7: [17]+7 = 24 , 1d20+7: [14]+7 = 21 , 1d20+7: [19]+7 = 26 , 1d20+7: [8]+7 = 15 , 1d20+7: [16]+7 = 23
Amber Dach

Current Conditions
Conditions
P.P.E.: 33/33
I.S.P.: 150/150
H.P.: 33/33
S.D.C.: 87/87

TX-26 Particle Beam Pistol: 15/15 shots remaining (FSE-clip)
Crystal Deflector Gauntlet: 15/15 melee round charges remaining
Image
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 268
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: Chapter 2: Inscrutable Morning

Post by Susan Lee »

Perception: 1d100: [44] = 44 / 41%
JIC: 1d100: [37] = 37 / 1d20: [1] = 1

CONDITIONS: NF40A integrated into armor (160 MDC) Active; 2xNF20A on Northern Gun Drones (75 MDC) Active; See Invisible; Radar from Naruni Armor (always active along with suit)

As they're dropped off, Susan runs a quick check on the drones and fires up their forcefields as well as her own. She then gets her new servo-rig adjusted and makes sure the laser cannon is mounted securely.

She says, "I propose we circle around to the South of the battery to our East. If they're oriented to attack the encampment North, this may give us a minor advantage if they can't reorient their equipment quickly. Going in from multiple angles would also be tactically sound."

I wonder if I can get spotter drones to scout and/or paint up distant targets. I'll have to look into that next time we're in town.

When it's time, she moves out, trying to maintain cover as much as possible, sending the drones ahead to scout for her and helping them around/over obstacles as necessary.

Initiative: 1d20+3: [18]+3 = 21

Prowl: 1d100: [28] = 28 / 50%

BATTLE STRATEGY: If they make contact with the enemy, Susan instructs the drones to spread out and focus fire on a single enemy, the most heavily armed. She tries to get them some kind of cover, whether that's inside a dense bush or shooting from behind a stone, log or tree. Susan, herself, looks for cover behind a big-ass tree or a solid stone or earth barrier.

Susan Attacks
Strike: 1d20+3: [11]+3 = 14 / Damage: 3d4*10: [2, 1, 2]*10 = 50
Strike: 1d20+3: [3]+3 = 6 / Damage: 3d4*10: [4, 2, 4]*10 = 100
Strike: 1d20+3: [19]+3 = 22 / Damage: 3d4*10: [1, 4, 3]*10 = 80
Strike: 1d20+3: [15]+3 = 18 / Damage: 3d4*10: [3, 1, 2]*10 = 60
Strike: 1d20+3: [18]+3 = 21 / Damage: 3d4*10: [4, 3, 2]*10 = 90
Strike: 1d20+3: [20]+3 = 23 / Damage: 3d4*10: [2, 3, 4]*10 = 90 CRIT - 180 damage

Parries: 1d20+10: [15]+10 = 25 , 1d20+10: [3]+10 = 13 , 1d20+10: [12]+10 = 22 , 1d20+10: [8]+10 = 18 , 1d20+10: [8]+10 = 18 , 1d20+10: [17]+10 = 27

Drone Attacks
Strike: 1d20+3: [3]+3 = 6 / Damage: 6d6: [5, 4, 6, 1, 5, 2] = 23
Strike: 1d20+3: [20]+3 = 23 / Damage: 6d6: [1, 2, 2, 2, 3, 2] = 12
Strike: 1d20+3: [10]+3 = 13 / Damage: 6d6: [5, 3, 6, 3, 6, 4] = 27
Strike: 1d20+3: [20]+3 = 23 / Damage: 6d6: [4, 3, 3, 1, 6, 6] = 23
Strike: 1d20+3: [13]+3 = 16 / Damage: 6d6: [6, 2, 5, 2, 6, 5] = 26
Strike: 1d20+3: [20]+3 = 23 / Damage: 6d6: [3, 5, 5, 6, 4, 6] = 29
It's DNA, all the way down./Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
Image
User avatar
Aegis of No Retreat
Assistant Game Master
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2022 1:48 pm

Re: Chapter 2: Inscrutable Morning

Post by Aegis of No Retreat »

Current Conditions wrote:Location: Naruni "Logistical Supply Depot"
Time/Date: 10:55am LMT | ~Jan 25th
Environmental Conditions: 28°F (-2.2°C); Chilly, clear morning with wisps of high altitude clouds.
[Phinneas]
Phinneas quickly mobilizes and heads toward the crash site southwest of his location. Along the way, he comes across a single charred and mangled body. Based on the impact angle, Phinneas guesses that it was one of the mercs in his own pod that got sucked out prematurely. Patting it down, the crazy recovers a charred cred-stick whose display is currently non-functional, an NG-45LP with a cracked barrel and a spare clip, also charred and cracked ((roll appropriate skills next post if you wish to assess their state)).

Moving on with alacrity, Phinneas crashes through the woods in the direction of the crash site when he is suddenly met with weapons-fire ((mostly energy, one kinetic)) from the direction of the crash site, forcing him to quickly take cover. Based on the damage marks on the terrain nearby, the crazy concludes that the shots are likely at or near their range limit.


[Jez, Amber, Susan, Analoy, Eight]
Amber Dach wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:32 pm“They will be coming at us soon, let’s not sit here waiting for them. Let’s grab the initiative and take the fight to them! Unless someone has a better idea, I think we need to start by taking out these missile batteries and see if we can link up with any one else that managed to survive the drop. The battery to the East looked closest to me.”
Susan Lee wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 8:56 pm"I propose we circle around to the South of the battery to our East. If they're oriented to attack the encampment North, this may give us a minor advantage if they can't reorient their equipment quickly. Going in from multiple angles would also be tactically sound."
When Amber and Susan communicate their desire to hit the missile battery to the East, Jez's massive 'bot responds with some gestures, first pointing to the East, then to the North, then waving toward where the pitched battle is being waged at compound. Accompanying the non-verbal cues is a radio message that leaves much to be desired. Some familiar with the experience may quickly recognize active electronic countermeasures being in place, blunting communication ability in the vicinity. Based on the nuanced cancellation (not just massive static, but closer to hitting the mute button), it can be presumed that the ECM package is advanced and its operator skilled.

"Good idea GIRLS. Amb... -oy and Susan, assault to East... -ush to the North. Rendezv... when done. Go get some nugg..."

Not waiting for confirmation, too eager to engage in 'bot combat, Jez bounds off to the North before anyone can comment on the comms issue.

It isn't long before the characteristic sound of the 'bot's massive rail gun can be heard adding to the chorus of combat in the area.

The wooded area lends for good cover as the GIRLS approach the missile battery. At first, they remain undetected, maneuvering themselves to encircle the enemy. While doing so, they try to assess what enemies lie in front of them.
  • x3 hover-platform multiple missile launchers ((essentially hover-tanks with missile rack turrets))
  • x15 lightly armed and armored personnel manning the launchers ((x5 per launcher: x2 sighting the fire, x1 making adjustments and firing, x1 reloading, x1 sentry))
  • x2 wheeled covered trucks with mechanical lifts in the rear ((ammo resupply))
  • x4 armed and armored personnel manning resupply trucks ((x2 per truck))
Terrain is clearly to their advantage as they can utilize some cover in the woods while their enemy is set up in a small clearing atop a cresting hill for optimal line of sight and firing at the besieged facility.

Both Amber and Susan are able to open fire on them with no initial return fire. It would seem that the GIRLS have the element of surprise. Not only that, but by their estimations ((lack of return fire)), they have another 'free' round of fire on the enemy should they choose to take it.

When the enemy takes fire, there is frenetic activity as they try to assess what is going on and take up defensive positions. They move quickly and efficiently. What may be somewhat disheartening however, is that seemingly wherever they fire ((whether on personnel or vehicles)), there is the characteristic shimmer of forcefields rejecting the incoming shots.

Susan manages to punch through one of the forcefields, tearing into the body armor of one. But his teammate quickly intercedes into the line of fire, letting its forcefield absorb the next burst even while trying to get his compatriot to safety. If not for being on opposing sides of the field of combat, one might have a sense of appreciation for the comradery of the enemy squad.
User avatar
Phinneas_Graves
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:29 am

Re: Chapter 2: Inscrutable Morning

Post by Phinneas_Graves »

Perception: 30% | 1d100: [19] = 19
JIC: 1d20: [1] = 1 | 1d100: [52] = 52
Land Navigation: 46% 1d100: [98] = 98
Detect Ambush: 40% 1d100: [34] = 34
Prowl: 50% 1d100: [93] = 93
Climbing: 65% 1d100: [61] = 61
Constant Conditions:
Special Abilities
1. Super Endurance: Can lift and carry twice as much as a normal person of equivalent Strength and Endurance, and can last 10 times longer before feeling effect of exhaustion. Can remain alert and operate at full efficiency for up to 3 days (72 hours) without sleep. Needs only 4 hours of sleep to function at full capacity.
2. Increased Strength: Falls under "Augmented" category.
3. Increased Speed: Can leap 20 ft across and 15 high after a short run (half the distance from a dead stop).
4. Heightened Reflexes and Agility: Exceptional Balance and Grace.
5. Enhanced Senses:
Enhanced Vision: Character has perfect 20/20 vision and exceptional long range vision; can read a small sign or recognize a face from up to 2 miles away when he concentrates; must have line of sight.
Enhanced Hearing: Can hear a whisper or a twig snap up to 3oo ft away. Acute hearing gives an Automatic Dodge on ALL attacks; even from behind and surprise attacks. Does NOT use up a melee attack. Normal dodge bonuses do not apply, but P.P. bonuses do.
Enhanced sense of smell: Character can instantly recognize odors (01-65%), recognize a person by scent like a dog (01-25%), and even track by smell (01-30%), provided the sent is not more than 2 hours old.
Enhanced sense of taste: Can taste for a specific flavor, discern specific ingredients and tell if a drink or food has been poisoned, drugged or spoiled. Chance for detection (01-55%), +20% if the chemical has a telltale taste or odor to begin with.
Enhanced sense of touch: Character recognizes very slight differences in textures by touch. Adds 10% to all skills that require a delicate touch such as Art, Demolitions, Palming, Pick Pockets, Pick Locks, Electronics, etc.
6. Enhanced Healing: Heals two times faster than normal. Virtually impervious to pain, no amount of pain will impair the Crazy until he is down to 10 HP or less. At that point the warrior will realize his condition and start to feel the effects of his injuries. However, the Crazy can go into an intense meditative trance that will induce Bio-Regeneration, healing damage in moments.
7. Crazies Bio-Regeneration: The Crazy must stop to slip into a meditative trance. While in the trance, he is completely helpless and cannot move or take any action. All of his concentration is being forced into an accelerated bio-feedback program that will restore 2D6 HP and 3D6 S.D.C., stops bleeding, and closes wounds in 2D4 minutes. An extended period of Crazies' Bio-Regeneration, over a period of 6 hours, will restore all S.D.C. and an additional 4D6 HP.
Phinneas pockets the charred cred stick just in case a non functioning display doesn't really mean much. Not having the skills to assess the charred and cracked pistol or clip, he leaves them.

Upon taking fire and ducking for cover, he tries to find a vantage point from which to see in the direction of the downed pod. If there is nothing on the ground that will work, he will look for a tree to climb to get a better view.

Those weapons seem to be pushing their limits. Doesn't seem like a kill squad tactic.

Using his enhanced vision, he looks to see if he can identify who or what took shots at him before making his next moves. He does not want to advance in violence if there is a possibility that the shooters are Mercs who may have survived the crash of the downed pod in front of him.




Combat rolls

Initiative: 1d20+2: [20]+2 = 22

If ranged combat:
Action 1: Strike w/LP3-D: 1d20+1: [2]+1 = 3   | Damage 1: 2d6: [1, 4] = 5
Action 2: Strike w/LP3-D: 1d20+1: [13]+1 = 14  | Damage 2: 2d6: [6, 3] = 9
Action 3: Strike w/LP3-D: 1d20+1: [1]+1 = 2  | Damage 3: 2d6: [2, 4] = 6
Action 4: Strike w/LP3-D: 1d20+1: [16]+1 = 17  | Damage 4: 2d6: [5, 3] = 8

If melee combat:
Action 1: Strike w/NE-RV07: 1d20+2: [8]+2 = 10  | Damage 1: 4d6: [6, 1, 5, 5] = 17
Action 2: Strike w/NE-RV07: 1d20+2: [17]+2 = 19  | Damage 2: 4d6: [5, 3, 3, 3] = 14
Action 3: Strike w/NE-RV07: 1d20+2: [19]+2 = 21  | Damage 3: 4d6: [4, 1, 4, 2] = 11
Action 4: Strike w/NE-RV07: 1d20+2: [12]+2 = 14  | Damage 4: 4d6: [6, 1, 1, 4] = 12

Auto Dodges: 1d20+1: [12]+1 = 13 1d20+1: [19]+1 = 20 1d20+1: [13]+1 = 14 1d20+1: [2]+1 = 3
Phinneas Graves
Current stats
S.D.C. 134/126
M.D.C. 110/98
P.P.E. 21/21
Ammo: 192/188
User avatar
Aegis of No Retreat
Assistant Game Master
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2022 1:48 pm

Re: Chapter 2: Inscrutable Morning

Post by Aegis of No Retreat »

[Phinneas]
Deciding to get some more intelligence on these potential enemies and conserving his shots, Phinneas scrambles up a nearby tree. From the elevated vantage, he gets a better view of the huddled group of 3-5 using the shell of the pod as cover. With one of the individuals tending to wounded and the lackluster amount of weapons-fire being sent downrange in his general vicinity, the crazy is able to confirm his gut instinct. These are most likely survivors of the pod crash.

Nodding to himself at his wisdom, Phinneas doesn't have a chance to celebrate as an errant laser streaks through and segments his adopted tree. The compromise of its structural integrity is proclaimed by a loud crack that follows a moment later ((some unfortunate rolling in the last post)). As the tree falls earthward, Phinneas is able to perform the superhuman feat of running along the practically horizontal trunk, tucking and rolling upon impact and ending up prone, covered in leaf and branch debris, but otherwise completely unharmed.
User avatar
Amber Dach
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
Posts: 139
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:50 am

Re: Chapter 2: Inscrutable Morning

Post by Amber Dach »

Perception: 42% = 1d100: [84] = 84 (+5% on Perception Rolls regarding vampires and the undead)
JiC: 1d20: [8] = 8 | 1d100: [97] = 97

Skills Rolls
Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy
o Identify Type/Race of Paranormal Creature: 80% = 1d100: [93] = 93
o Track by Psychic Scent: 70% = 1d100: [63] = 63 (82% if supernatural being is also using magic)
Intelligence 53% = 1d100: [40] = 40 (looking for leaders of group/looking for any clue to foe they are facing)
Constant/Active Conditions
Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense: Range 180’
Sense Supernatural Evil & Sense Magic Energy: Range 300’
Sense the Presence of Vampires and Vampire Intelligences: Range: 1000' radius
Recognize Vampires Recognize Vampires by Appearance (special): 50% = 1d100: [44] = 44 (+10% bonus to recognize Secondary Vampires, +30% bonus to recognize Wild Vampires. -30% skill penalty to recognize Master Vampires).
Sense Rifts and Ley Lines: Senses Ley Lines up to 5 miles away, a nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away.
See the Invisible: 200’

Alter Aura to change her aura in the following ways:
• The general level of experience can be made to seem much higher ( 1d4+3: [3]+3 = 6 1d4+3 levels higher) than it really is.
• Conceal the I.S.P. levels to be show them to be minimal (like a minor psychic).
• Conceal the presence of magic.
Alter Aura will last for 8 hours. 8 hours remaining. Costs 2 I.S.P.

As Amber watches Jez’s giant bot move away, she thinks to herself. That is so like Jez. Running off on her own. Be safe GIRL.

She keeps her attention on the group at the missile site though and quickly studies their foes looking for officers or other leaders that are present. She will target their leaders exclusively unless one of the other GIRLs in mortal peril.

She keeps her head down and says, “Someone target the resupply trucks. If we can destroy them, that will take some pressure off the base.” And might knock all these guys out too with the secondary explosion.

She then starts firing at any leaders she identifies.

Combat Rolls
Initiative: 1d20+9: [2]+9 = 11
Non-Combat Action: Only activates Crystal Deflector Gauntlet (Apsis shape 40” diameter, 80 MDC) if they come under fire, otherwise she will try to fire from under cover.

Action 1: Strike with TX-26 at leader of group: 1d20+3: [20]+3 = 23 ; Damage: 5d6: [4, 2, 6, 4, 1] = 17 MD Crit! = 34 MD
Action 2: Strike with TX-26 at leader of group: 1d20+3: [7]+3 = 10 ; Damage: 5d6: [5, 3, 5, 2, 4] = 19 MD
Action 3: Strike with TX-26 at leader of group: 1d20+3: [4]+3 = 7 ; Damage: 5d6: [6, 2, 2, 2, 1] = 13 MD
Action 4: Strike with TX-26 at leader of group: 1d20+3: [12]+3 = 15 ; Damage: 5d6: [3, 5, 5, 4, 4] = 21 MD
Action 5: Strike with TX-26 at leader of group: 1d20+3: [12]+3 = 15 ; Damage: 5d6: [2, 2, 6, 6, 6] = 22 MD
Action 6: Strike with TX-26 at leader of group: 1d20+3: [3]+3 = 6 ; Damage: 5d6: [4, 4, 4, 5, 5] = 22 MD

If needed: Parries with Shield 1d20+7 (6): 1d20+7: [13]+7 = 20 , 1d20+7: [1]+7 = 8 , 1d20+7: [4]+7 = 11 , 1d20+7: [6]+7 = 13 , 1d20+7: [2]+7 = 9 , 1d20+7: [3]+7 = 10
Amber Dach

Current Conditions
Conditions
P.P.E.: 33/33
I.S.P.: 150/150
H.P.: 33/33
S.D.C.: 87/87

TX-26 Particle Beam Pistol: 15/15 shots remaining (FSE-clip)
Crystal Deflector Gauntlet: 15/15 melee round charges remaining
Image
User avatar
Phinneas_Graves
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:29 am

Re: Chapter 2: Inscrutable Morning

Post by Phinneas_Graves »

Perception: 30% | 1d100: [92] = 92
JIC: 1d20: [9] = 9 | 1d100: [97] = 97

Invoke Trust: 45% 1d100: [50] = 50
Land Navigation: 46% 1d100: [11] = 11
Detect Ambush: 40% 1d100: [19] = 19
Prowl: 50% 1d100: [59] = 59
Climbing: 65% 1d100: [68] = 68
Constant Conditions:
Special Abilities
1. Super Endurance: Can lift and carry twice as much as a normal person of equivalent Strength and Endurance, and can last 10 times longer before feeling effect of exhaustion. Can remain alert and operate at full efficiency for up to 3 days (72 hours) without sleep. Needs only 4 hours of sleep to function at full capacity.
2. Increased Strength: Falls under "Augmented" category.
3. Increased Speed: Can leap 20 ft across and 15 high after a short run (half the distance from a dead stop).
4. Heightened Reflexes and Agility: Exceptional Balance and Grace.
5. Enhanced Senses:
Enhanced Vision: Character has perfect 20/20 vision and exceptional long range vision; can read a small sign or recognize a face from up to 2 miles away when he concentrates; must have line of sight.
Enhanced Hearing: Can hear a whisper or a twig snap up to 3oo ft away. Acute hearing gives an Automatic Dodge on ALL attacks; even from behind and surprise attacks. Does NOT use up a melee attack. Normal dodge bonuses do not apply, but P.P. bonuses do.
Enhanced sense of smell: Character can instantly recognize odors (01-65%), recognize a person by scent like a dog (01-25%), and even track by smell (01-30%), provided the sent is not more than 2 hours old.
Enhanced sense of taste: Can taste for a specific flavor, discern specific ingredients and tell if a drink or food has been poisoned, drugged or spoiled. Chance for detection (01-55%), +20% if the chemical has a telltale taste or odor to begin with.
Enhanced sense of touch: Character recognizes very slight differences in textures by touch. Adds 10% to all skills that require a delicate touch such as Art, Demolitions, Palming, Pick Pockets, Pick Locks, Electronics, etc.
6. Enhanced Healing: Heals two times faster than normal. Virtually impervious to pain, no amount of pain will impair the Crazy until he is down to 10 HP or less. At that point the warrior will realize his condition and start to feel the effects of his injuries. However, the Crazy can go into an intense meditative trance that will induce Bio-Regeneration, healing damage in moments.
7. Crazies Bio-Regeneration: The Crazy must stop to slip into a meditative trance. While in the trance, he is completely helpless and cannot move or take any action. All of his concentration is being forced into an accelerated bio-feedback program that will restore 2D6 HP and 3D6 S.D.C., stops bleeding, and closes wounds in 2D4 minutes. An extended period of Crazies' Bio-Regeneration, over a period of 6 hours, will restore all S.D.C. and an additional 4D6 HP.

Landing prone on the ground, Phinneas let's out an ecstatic howl. Whoooooooo! What a rush! HahaHahaha Haha! As he lays there for a second, he thinks about his next move. Going long around the pod is going to take too long.

Getting up from under the brush, Phinneas grabs about a 6 ft long branch and strips it down to just a pole. He then takes his shirt off and makes a makeshift flag with it. Holstering his pistol and slinging his axe across his back, he walks out of the brush swinging his makeshift flag over his head in his right hand, mimicking the same motion with his left. His hopes are that by not having weapons drawn and making himself obvious to the survivors that they will stop shooting so he can approach them and see if they can help in any way with taking out the missile battery. Additional muscle would be great, but if they even only had explosives to spare, he would be happy. He will wait until he can close the distance before he starts calling out to them in order to avoid drawing any more attention to the situation.


Combat rolls

Initiative: 1d20+2: [18]+2 = 20
Non-Combat action: Phinneas will keep his weapons holstered while he tries to approach the pod survivors. Should a real kill squad approach, he will go back to wielding them.

If ranged combat:
Action 1: Strike w/LP3-D: 1d20+1: [2]+1 = 3   | Damage 1: 2d6: [3, 6] = 9
Action 2: Strike w/LP3-D: 1d20+1: [8]+1 = 9  | Damage 2: 2d6: [6, 5] = 11
Action 3: Strike w/LP3-D: 1d20+1: [19]+1 = 20  | Damage 3: 2d6: [1, 6] = 7
Action 4: Strike w/LP3-D: 1d20+1: [11]+1 = 12  | Damage 4: 2d6: [5, 4] = 9

If melee combat:
Action 1: Strike w/NE-RV07: 1d20+2: [16]+2 = 18  | Damage 1: 4d6: [2, 1, 5, 4] = 12
Action 2: Strike w/NE-RV07: 1d20+2: [15]+2 = 17  | Damage 2: 4d6: [6, 4, 4, 4] = 18
Action 3: Strike w/NE-RV07: 1d20+2: [12]+2 = 14  | Damage 3: 4d6: [3, 5, 6, 5] = 19
Action 4: Strike w/NE-RV07: 1d20+2: [4]+2 = 6  | Damage 4: 4d6: [5, 2, 3, 3] = 13

Auto Dodges: 1d20+1: [14]+1 = 15 1d20+1: [9]+1 = 10 1d20+1: [17]+1 = 18 1d20+1: [3]+1 = 4
Phinneas Graves
Current stats
S.D.C. 134/126
M.D.C. 110/98
P.P.E. 21/21
Ammo: 192/188
User avatar
Aegis of No Retreat
Assistant Game Master
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2022 1:48 pm

Re: Chapter 2: Inscrutable Morning

Post by Aegis of No Retreat »

Current Conditions wrote:Location: Naruni "Logistical Supply Depot"
Time/Date: 10:55:15am LMT | ~Jan 25th
Environmental Conditions: 28°F (-2.2°C); Chilly, clear morning with wisps of high altitude clouds.
[Amber, Susan, Analoy, Eight]
Taking advantage of their continued element of surprise, Amber sights down her particle beam pistol, waiting for a clear shot at someone giving orders. She does not have to wait long before she spots one and lets a beautiful shot go that sends a slight shiver down her spine in how perfect it was. It is a shot that lucked into a vector looks to be on a collision course with the leader's faceplate left ocular. Amber expects a catastrophic finale. But is instead left with a wholly unsatisfactory shimmer of force field absorption.

Undeterred, she lays down more fire, but is soon without targets of opportunity. She calls for her teammates to lay some fire at the supply trucks, but is instead met with hesitation.

What is heartening however, is that it does not seem like any of the enemy are firing back. Instead, they seem to be loading up into their vehicles. Possibly a tactical retreat or to relocate elsewhere. Their bottleneck looks like it will be stowing the mechanical lifts of the supply trucks before they can move effectively.

Rough estimate of a round or two before they will be mobile.

[Phinneas]
Phinneas' flag gamble seems to work. The weaponsfire comes to an immediate halt. As Phinneas approaches the group, he can more clearly see that there are 5 humanoid forms. One unmoving and with a large jagged portion of the pod hull bisecting his torso (M1). Another wounded, getting a splint attached to his left leg (M2). One who is tending to the wounded (and has a small medic symbol on his shoulder spaulders. M3). Then two others who are standing guard (and were shooting at him. M4 & M5).

Once Phinneas gets closer, M5 rises to greet him.

"That's close enough. What're you doing here?" he asks accusingly without offering any information about himself. He is wearing a heavy EBA and carries a long-arm rifle of Wilk's make.
User avatar
Phinneas_Graves
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:29 am

Re: Chapter 2: Inscrutable Morning

Post by Phinneas_Graves »

Perception: 30% | 1d100: [28] = 28
JIC: 1d20: [12] = 12 | 1d100: [70] = 70

Invoke Trust: 45% 1d100: [18] = 18
Land Navigation: 46% 1d100: [56] = 56
Detect Ambush: 40% 1d100: [39] = 39
Prowl: 50% 1d100: [63] = 63
Constant Conditions:
Special Abilities
1. Super Endurance: Can lift and carry twice as much as a normal person of equivalent Strength and Endurance, and can last 10 times longer before feeling effect of exhaustion. Can remain alert and operate at full efficiency for up to 3 days (72 hours) without sleep. Needs only 4 hours of sleep to function at full capacity.
2. Increased Strength: Falls under "Augmented" category.
3. Increased Speed: Can leap 20 ft across and 15 high after a short run (half the distance from a dead stop).
4. Heightened Reflexes and Agility: Exceptional Balance and Grace.
5. Enhanced Senses:
Enhanced Vision: Character has perfect 20/20 vision and exceptional long range vision; can read a small sign or recognize a face from up to 2 miles away when he concentrates; must have line of sight.
Enhanced Hearing: Can hear a whisper or a twig snap up to 3oo ft away. Acute hearing gives an Automatic Dodge on ALL attacks; even from behind and surprise attacks. Does NOT use up a melee attack. Normal dodge bonuses do not apply, but P.P. bonuses do.
Enhanced sense of smell: Character can instantly recognize odors (01-65%), recognize a person by scent like a dog (01-25%), and even track by smell (01-30%), provided the sent is not more than 2 hours old.
Enhanced sense of taste: Can taste for a specific flavor, discern specific ingredients and tell if a drink or food has been poisoned, drugged or spoiled. Chance for detection (01-55%), +20% if the chemical has a telltale taste or odor to begin with.
Enhanced sense of touch: Character recognizes very slight differences in textures by touch. Adds 10% to all skills that require a delicate touch such as Art, Demolitions, Palming, Pick Pockets, Pick Locks, Electronics, etc.
6. Enhanced Healing: Heals two times faster than normal. Virtually impervious to pain, no amount of pain will impair the Crazy until he is down to 10 HP or less. At that point the warrior will realize his condition and start to feel the effects of his injuries. However, the Crazy can go into an intense meditative trance that will induce Bio-Regeneration, healing damage in moments.
7. Crazies Bio-Regeneration: The Crazy must stop to slip into a meditative trance. While in the trance, he is completely helpless and cannot move or take any action. All of his concentration is being forced into an accelerated bio-feedback program that will restore 2D6 HP and 3D6 S.D.C., stops bleeding, and closes wounds in 2D4 minutes. An extended period of Crazies' Bio-Regeneration, over a period of 6 hours, will restore all S.D.C. and an additional 4D6 HP.
While removing his shirt from the pole and putting it back on, Phinneas replies to M5 "I'm Phinneas. This is my buddy Mr. Boom Boom" He raises the grenade for a second, making sure M5 can see the painted on face. He takes a deep breath. "We just got into Merctown and were gonna look around. I was eating some kind of small animal on a stick and then this weird alien guy with no mouth comes out of nowhere and started throwing credits around like candy saying he needed help. Since me and Boom Boom were in a new place, I figured that we could use some extra money to really enjoy ourselves, so we hopped in this big pod thing like the one here and started going real fast. I couldn't see outside...." He inhales again. "for a few minutes or maybe longer, I couldn't really tell. Like I said, I couldn't see outside so I really had no point of reference. Anyway, the other guys in my pod didn't seem to like me because I made a joke that was funny, but they didn't think so. Thats when the side of the pod I was in ripped wide open and sucked most of them out. My seat belt wouldn't let go right away so I was able to NOT get sucked out, but then I had to figure out how to not go splat, so I used the tent I had in my duffel bag as a parchute." He inhales again. "Boom Boom said he didn't think it was gonna work, but now somebody owes me a beer." Phinneas raises his hand up to his chest next to Mr. Boom Boom as if expecting a high five from the grenade. "So once we were on the ground, I thought that the best option for me getting back to Merctown to spend my newly acquired credits was to get to that missile battery off in the distance over there and do something to take it down so more guys can get on the ground and we can maybe do what that no-mouth alien guy wanted. That's when you guys started shooting at me and I climbed that tree that you shot down. Nice shot by the way. Then I had to figure out how to get you to STOP shooting at me so I made that flag and you DID stop shooting at me and now I'm here." Phinneas pants slightly, catching his breath.

After a few seconds, he continues: "As you can see, I don't really have much as far as supplies go....." He runs his hand down his mouth and scratches his chin "or really much of a plan honestly, Heh Heh, but what the hell. If you have anything you can spare as far as a heavier weapon or explosives or something, it would definitely help. Unfortunately the only thing I found on my way here was a charred body and a cracked pistol. I don't know exactly what I'm gonna go up against, so any little bit will help. I would ask for some extra muscle but it looks like you're a little busy here already."


Combat rolls

Initiative: 1d20+2: [9]+2 = 11
Non-Combat action: Phinneas will keep his weapons holstered while he talks with M5, but be cautiously ready to draw if neccesary.

If ranged combat:
Action 1: Strike w/LP3-D: 1d20+1: [14]+1 = 15   | Damage 1: 2d6: [4, 4] = 8
Action 2: Strike w/LP3-D: 1d20+1: [10]+1 = 11  | Damage 2: 2d6: [4, 2] = 6
Action 3: Strike w/LP3-D: 1d20+1: [20]+1 = 21  | Damage 3: 2d6: [2, 5] = 7
Action 4: Strike w/LP3-D: 1d20+1: [6]+1 = 7  | Damage 4: 2d6: [4, 6] = 10

If melee combat:
Action 1: Strike w/NE-RV07: 1d20+2: [13]+2 = 15  | Damage 1: 4d6: [1, 4, 5, 3] = 13
Action 2: Strike w/NE-RV07: 1d20+2: [16]+2 = 18  | Damage 2: 4d6: [3, 1, 5, 1] = 10
Action 3: Strike w/NE-RV07: 1d20+2: [15]+2 = 17  | Damage 3: 4d6: [6, 5, 3, 5] = 19
Action 4: Strike w/NE-RV07: 1d20+2: [7]+2 = 9  | Damage 4: 4d6: [1, 1, 2, 5] = 9

Auto Dodges: 1d20+1: [17]+1 = 18 1d20+1: [1]+1 = 2 1d20+1: [3]+1 = 4 1d20+1: [4]+1 = 5
Phinneas Graves
Current stats
S.D.C. 134/126
M.D.C. 110/98
P.P.E. 21/21
Ammo: 192/188
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 268
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: Chapter 2: Inscrutable Morning

Post by Susan Lee »

Perception: 1d100: [97] = 97 / 41%
JIC: 1d20: [5] = 5 / 1d100: [21] = 21

CONDITIONS: NF40A integrated into armor (160 MDC) Active; 2xNF20A on Northern Gun Drones (75 MDC) Active; See Invisible; Radar from Naruni Armor (always active along with suit)

Susan finishes firing, the adrenaline buzzing through her system. Need to get faceplate off soon… Boingo...

“Acknowledged, team lead. Transmitting targeting information for which ammo truck I and the babies are hitting. Recommend coordinating fire on first this one and then second. Tagging order of attack on your HUDs. YOU HAVE HUDS RIGHT?!?!”

Initiative: 1d20+3: [3]+3 = 6

BATTLE STRATEGY: Susan targets the ammo vehicles, hoping to blow them up. If her forcefield goes down or the opposing mercenaries all suddenly come at her and/or the team, she starts booking it to the East, having the babies trail and lay down suppressing fire. She and the babies maintain as much cover as possible during this.

Susan Attacks
Strike: 1d20+3: [4]+3 = 7 / Damage: 3d4*10: [4, 1, 1]*10 = 60
Strike: 1d20+3: [4]+3 = 7 / Damage: 3d4*10: [3, 1, 1]*10 = 50
Strike: 1d20+3: [18]+3 = 21 / Damage: 3d4*10: [1, 4, 2]*10 = 70
Strike: 1d20+3: [5]+3 = 8 / Damage: 3d4*10: [4, 2, 4]*10 = 100
Strike: 1d20+3: [4]+3 = 7 / Damage: 3d4*10: [3, 1, 1]*10 = 50
Strike: 1d20+3: [14]+3 = 17 / Damage: 3d4*10: [3, 4, 4]*10 = 110

Parries: 1d20+10: [5]+10 = 15 , 1d20+10: [17]+10 = 27 , 1d20+10: [1]+10 = 11 , 1d20+10: [3]+10 = 13 , 1d20+10: [3]+10 = 13 , 1d20+10: [11]+10 = 21 , 6d6: [4, 5, 2, 2, 5, 1] = 19

Drone Attacks
Strike: 1d20+3: [11]+3 = 14 / Damage: 6d6: [4, 5, 2, 2, 5, 1] = 19
Strike: 1d20+3: [6]+3 = 9 / Damage: 6d6: [5, 2, 3, 4, 5, 1] = 20
Strike: 1d20+3: [7]+3 = 10 / Damage: 6d6: [4, 1, 4, 5, 4, 4] = 22
Strike: 1d20+3: [11]+3 = 14 / Damage: 6d6: [2, 1, 6, 5, 4, 6] = 24
Strike: 1d20+3: [9]+3 = 12 / Damage: 6d6: [5, 6, 3, 6, 5, 3] = 28
Strike: 1d20+3: [12]+3 = 15 / Damage: 6d6: [3, 5, 1, 6, 5, 5] = 25
It's DNA, all the way down./Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
Image
User avatar
Amber Dach
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
Posts: 139
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:50 am

Re: Chapter 2: Inscrutable Morning

Post by Amber Dach »

Perception: 42% = 1d100: [8] = 8 (+5% on Perception Rolls regarding vampires and the undead)
JiC: 1d20: [16] = 16 | 1d100: [88] = 88

Skills Rolls
Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy
o Identify Type/Race of Paranormal Creature: 80% = 1d100: [28] = 28
o Track by Psychic Scent: 70% = 1d100: [11] = 11 (82% if supernatural being is also using magic)
Intelligence 53% = 1d100: [40] = 40 (looking for indications of the enemy's next move)
Constant/Active Conditions
Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense: Range 180’
Sense Supernatural Evil & Sense Magic Energy: Range 300’
Sense the Presence of Vampires and Vampire Intelligences: Range: 1000' radius
Recognize Vampires Recognize Vampires by Appearance (special): 50% = 1d100: [63] = 63 (+10% bonus to recognize Secondary Vampires, +30% bonus to recognize Wild Vampires. -30% skill penalty to recognize Master Vampires).
Sense Rifts and Ley Lines: Senses Ley Lines up to 5 miles away, a nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away.
See the Invisible: 200’

Alter Aura to change her aura in the following ways:
• The general level of experience can be made to seem much higher ( 1d4+3: [3]+3 = 6 1d4+3 levels higher) than it really is.
• Conceal the I.S.P. levels to be show them to be minimal (like a minor psychic).
• Conceal the presence of magic.
Alter Aura will last for 8 hours. 8 hours remaining. Costs 2 I.S.P.
Amber is a little disappointed that her shot didn’t take down her foe, but that quickly passes as she notices that they are not firing back at them and loading up to move or leave. Hmm, I guess they are moving. We didn't come here to destroy them, we came to drive them off in my estimation.

She says to Susan and Analoy as they are attacking. "Concentrate your fire on the supply trucks unless the troops start firing back."

She takes her own advice and ignores the troops as they pack up to move and instead concentrates her fire at the ammo truck unless she is fired upon. She looks for a clear shot at the cargo truck and will attempt to hit the missiles to see if she can set off the rest of the ammo in the back of the truck to take it out of the fight.

Combat Rolls
Initiative: 1d20+9: [17]+9 = 26
Non-Combat Action: Only activates Crystal Deflector Gauntlet (Apsis shape 40” diameter, 80 MDC) if she comes under fire, otherwise she will fire from under cover.

Action 1-3: Aimed called shot with TX-26 at warhead of missile in back of ammo truck: 1d20+6: [19]+6 = 25 1d20+6; Damage: 5d6: [3, 4, 4, 6, 6] = 23 MD
Action 4-6: Aimed called shot with TX-26 at warhead of missile in back of ammo truck: 1d20+6: [5]+6 = 11 ; Damage: 5d6: [5, 4, 5, 2, 1] = 17 MD (If needed)

If needed: Parries with Shield 1d20+7 (6): 1d20+7: [12]+7 = 19 , 1d20+7: [18]+7 = 25 , 1d20+7: [18]+7 = 25 , 1d20+7: [2]+7 = 9 , 1d20+7: [4]+7 = 11 , 1d20+7: [10]+7 = 17
Amber Dach

Current Conditions
Conditions
P.P.E.: 33/33
I.S.P.: 150/150
H.P.: 33/33
S.D.C.: 87/87

TX-26 Particle Beam Pistol: 15/15 shots remaining (FSE-clip)
Crystal Deflector Gauntlet: 15/15 melee round charges remaining
Image
User avatar
Aegis of No Retreat
Assistant Game Master
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2022 1:48 pm

Re: Chapter 2: Inscrutable Morning

Post by Aegis of No Retreat »

Current Conditions wrote:Location: Naruni "Logistical Supply Depot"
Time/Date: 10:55:30am LMT | ~Jan 25th
Environmental Conditions: 28°F (-2.2°C); Chilly, clear morning with wisps of high altitude clouds.
[Phinneas]
"Alright Phinneas, you're green." the mercenary spokesman says to Phinneas, using unfamiliar lingo that suggests he is in the clear and considered a friendly now. "Call me Jiquo. That's Rast, Flea, Gin and Mosha." (M5, M1, M3, M2, M4 respectively).

"Once we stabilized Gin, we were going to head southwest to take out the launch systems there." Jiquo pauses for a moment, cocking his ear upward seemingly considering something but saying nothing. "If you've got nothing else to do, let's stick together. Gin was one of our heavies." Jiquo points at the mini-rail gun laying on the ground. "Go ahead and borrow her NG-R50 for the time being."

Your group mobilizes and makes their way toward the mobile launch area to find them to be under attack. Giving you an ideal opportunity to pincer the enemy who seem to be trying to exfiltrate from combat. The actual launchers and their infantry support trying to shield the wheeled vehicles as they flee.

[Amber, Susan, Analoy, Eight]
Susan, her drones and Amber try to focus fire one of the ammo trucks. What they see next suggests a high level of professionalism. The hover platforms intercede, blocking your direct firing lines, absorbing your shots with their own shields as the ammo vehicles start pulling away. Additionally, the three hover platform sentries launch themselves (with jet packs) at Susan and her drones, spewing plasma from repeating rifles. She goes for cover, sacrificing some of her shots, but still gets hit twice and her drones once a piece. It's very clear that the weapons they wield pack quite a punch. What return fire she manages flickers against shields. She swears she sees a nearly identical integrated shield harness as what she wears herself.

Amber's intermittent called shots seem to draw less attention than Susan and her drones. She scores hits on both shots, but no longer has line of sight from her position because one of the hover platforms is in the way. She does derive some satisfaction though, thinking that her second shot collapsed the truck's forcefield.

Unfortunately, Amber's keen eyes also spot the approach of three flying drones. She concludes that they must have previously been used to spot their shots, but have now returned to lend support fire to the defense of the firing platforms.

Butcher's Bill:
Susan: -60 MDC shields. -3 bursts [ammo].
Drone 1: -20 MDC shields. -1 burst [ammo].
Drone 2: -30 MDC shields -1 burst [ammo].
Amber: -2 shots [ammo].
User avatar
Phinneas_Graves
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:29 am

Re: Chapter 2: Inscrutable Morning

Post by Phinneas_Graves »

Perception: 30% | 1d100: [77] = 77
JIC: 1d20: [6] = 6 | 1d100: [79] = 79

Land Navigation: 46% 1d100: [90] = 90
Detect Ambush: 40% 1d100: [52] = 52
Prowl: 50% 1d100: [83] = 83
Constant Conditions:
Special Abilities
1. Super Endurance: Can lift and carry twice as much as a normal person of equivalent Strength and Endurance, and can last 10 times longer before feeling effect of exhaustion. Can remain alert and operate at full efficiency for up to 3 days (72 hours) without sleep. Needs only 4 hours of sleep to function at full capacity.
2. Increased Strength: Falls under "Augmented" category.
3. Increased Speed: Can leap 20 ft across and 15 high after a short run (half the distance from a dead stop).
4. Heightened Reflexes and Agility: Exceptional Balance and Grace.
5. Enhanced Senses:
Enhanced Vision: Character has perfect 20/20 vision and exceptional long range vision; can read a small sign or recognize a face from up to 2 miles away when he concentrates; must have line of sight.
Enhanced Hearing: Can hear a whisper or a twig snap up to 3oo ft away. Acute hearing gives an Automatic Dodge on ALL attacks; even from behind and surprise attacks. Does NOT use up a melee attack. Normal dodge bonuses do not apply, but P.P. bonuses do.
Enhanced sense of smell: Character can instantly recognize odors (01-65%), recognize a person by scent like a dog (01-25%), and even track by smell (01-30%), provided the sent is not more than 2 hours old.
Enhanced sense of taste: Can taste for a specific flavor, discern specific ingredients and tell if a drink or food has been poisoned, drugged or spoiled. Chance for detection (01-55%), +20% if the chemical has a telltale taste or odor to begin with.
Enhanced sense of touch: Character recognizes very slight differences in textures by touch. Adds 10% to all skills that require a delicate touch such as Art, Demolitions, Palming, Pick Pockets, Pick Locks, Electronics, etc.
6. Enhanced Healing: Heals two times faster than normal. Virtually impervious to pain, no amount of pain will impair the Crazy until he is down to 10 HP or less. At that point the warrior will realize his condition and start to feel the effects of his injuries. However, the Crazy can go into an intense meditative trance that will induce Bio-Regeneration, healing damage in moments.
7. Crazies Bio-Regeneration: The Crazy must stop to slip into a meditative trance. While in the trance, he is completely helpless and cannot move or take any action. All of his concentration is being forced into an accelerated bio-feedback program that will restore 2D6 HP and 3D6 S.D.C., stops bleeding, and closes wounds in 2D4 minutes. An extended period of Crazies' Bio-Regeneration, over a period of 6 hours, will restore all S.D.C. and an additional 4D6 HP.
When Jinquo offers Gin's railgun to Phinneas, his eyes widen and he says I, Phinneas Graves, swear to return this with a lot less ammo and covered in the blood of my enemies. He dons the power pack, and raises the rail gun up. All of the other mercenaries can swear they hear giggling as he does.

As Phinneas approaches the launch site, he sees the attack coming from the other side being blocked by the hover platforms. He notices the wheeled vehicles the hover platforms are guarding attempting to escape and decides to concentrate his attack on them. He says to the other mercenaries he arrived with, Concentrate your attacks on the wheeled vehicles. They must be pretty important if everything else is guarding them. Time to make some weird, no mouth alien guy money! He makes a B-line to the wheeled vehicles and will start his attacks as soon as he is in range.


Combat rolls/stats

Initiative: 1d20+2: [17]+2 = 19
NG-R50: 192/192 shots

If ranged combat:
Action 1: Strike w/NG-R50: 1d20: [7] = 7   | Damage 1: 4d6: [3, 2, 2, 5] = 12
Action 2: Strike w/NG-R50: 1d20: [11] = 11  | Damage 2: 4d6: [6, 3, 6, 1] = 16
Action 3: Strike w/NG-R50: 1d20: [16] = 16  | Damage 3: 4d6: [2, 1, 4, 6] = 13
Action 4: Strike w/NG-R50: 1d20: [16] = 16  | Damage 4: 4d6: [4, 6, 1, 5] = 16

If melee combat:
Action 1: Strike w/NE-RV07: 1d20+2: [10]+2 = 12  | Damage 1: 4d6: [2, 6, 3, 1] = 12
Action 2: Strike w/NE-RV07: 1d20+2: [6]+2 = 8  | Damage 2: 4d6: [5, 5, 2, 1] = 13
Action 3: Strike w/NE-RV07: 1d20+2: [19]+2 = 21  | Damage 3: 4d6: [4, 5, 1, 6] = 16
Action 4: Strike w/NE-RV07: 1d20+2: [17]+2 = 19  | Damage 4: 4d6: [1, 4, 4, 1] = 10

Auto Dodges: 1d20+1: [3]+1 = 4 1d20+1: [19]+1 = 20 1d20+1: [1]+1 = 2 1d20+1: [3]+1 = 4
Phinneas Graves
Current stats
S.D.C. 134/126
M.D.C. 110/98
P.P.E. 21/21
Ammo: 192/188
User avatar
Amber Dach
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
Posts: 139
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:50 am

Re: Chapter 2: Inscrutable Morning

Post by Amber Dach »

Perception: 42% = 1d100: [68] = 68 (+5% on Perception Rolls regarding vampires and the undead)
JiC: 1d20: [7] = 7 | 1d100: [60] = 60

Skills Rolls
Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy
o Identify Type/Race of Paranormal Creature: 80% = 1d100: [10] = 10
o Track by Psychic Scent: 70% = 1d100: [90] = 90 (82% if supernatural being is also using magic)
Intelligence 53% = 1d100: [79] = 79 (looking for any indication of the enemies next move)
Constant/Active Conditions
Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense: Range 180’
Sense Supernatural Evil & Sense Magic Energy: Range 300’
Sense the Presence of Vampires and Vampire Intelligences: Range: 1000' radius
Recognize Vampires Recognize Vampires by Appearance (special): 50% = 1d100: [17] = 17 (+10% bonus to recognize Secondary Vampires, +30% bonus to recognize Wild Vampires. -30% skill penalty to recognize Master Vampires).
Sense Rifts and Ley Lines: Senses Ley Lines up to 5 miles away, a nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away.
See the Invisible: 200’

Alter Aura to change her aura in the following ways:
• The general level of experience can be made to seem much higher ( 1d4+3: [4]+3 = 7 levels higher) than it really is.
• Conceal the I.S.P. levels to be show them to be minimal (like a minor psychic).
• Conceal the presence of magic.
Alter Aura will last for 8 hours. 8 hours remaining. Costs 2 I.S.P.
Amber takes some satisfaction that she most likely knocked out the shields on the truck. What in the Nine Hells are we doing here? We don’t have the firepower for this kind of combat. She sighs. I’m finding a way to start training to become a Cyber-Knight after this, whatever the hell this is, is done.

She calls out to the other GIRLS. “Hold up GIRLS. We don’t have enough firepower to take these guys down without Jez here. They are very professional. We need to figure out a strategy.”

She keeps her head down and says. “I think one of the first things we need to do is take out those spotter drones.” She points them out with her hand. “And then try to link up with some more Mercs. Anyone else got any ideas?”

While she awaits a reply, she will take careful aim at one of the spotter drones and fire a shot before needing to reload.

Combat Rolls
Initiative: 1d20+9: [6]+9 = 15
Non-Combat Action: Only activates Crystal Deflector Gauntlet (Apsis shape 40” diameter, 80 MDC) if she comes under fire, otherwise she will fire from under cover.

Action 1-2: Talking to GIRLS.
Action 3-5: Aimed called shot a drone: 1d20+6: [19]+6 = 25 ; Damage: 5d6: [3, 2, 5, 3, 1] = 14 MD
Action 6: Assessing situation/replies.

If needed: Parries with Shield 1d20+7 (6): 1d20+7: [1]+7 = 8 , 1d20+7: [6]+7 = 13 , 1d20+7: [17]+7 = 24 , 1d20+7: [16]+7 = 23 , 1d20+7: [11]+7 = 18 , 1d20+7: [11]+7 = 18
Amber Dach

Current Conditions
Conditions
P.P.E.: 33/33
I.S.P.: 150/150
H.P.: 33/33
S.D.C.: 87/87

TX-26 Particle Beam Pistol: 15/15 shots remaining (FSE-clip)
Crystal Deflector Gauntlet: 15/15 melee round charges remaining
Image
User avatar
Aegis of No Retreat
Assistant Game Master
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2022 1:48 pm

Re: Chapter 2: Inscrutable Morning

Post by Aegis of No Retreat »

Current Conditions wrote:Location: Naruni "Logistical Supply Depot"
Time/Date: 10:55:45am LMT | ~Jan 25th
Environmental Conditions: 28°F (-2.2°C); Chilly, clear morning with wisps of high altitude clouds.
[Everyone]
With the unexpected arrival of Phinneas and the other mercenaries, GIRLS is able to effectively pincer the retreating enemy. Unable to protect the vulnerable wheeled ammunition supply vehicle on both flanks, the ambush on Phinneas' side is able to pepper the vehicle with kinetic and energy weapons-fire. Instead of continuing its backward retreat, those watching the vehicle hear it gear forward into drive and its tires spin with sudden acceleration. The driver tumbles out as the ammo vehicle lurches forward, wholly past the congregation of retreating enemy.

One of the sentries, formerly engaged with advancing on Susan and her drones, notices both the lull in drone/Susan fire and also the plight of his compatriot. They quickly jet over to scoop up the driver and push toward the relative safety of the remaining vehicle convoy.

Three flying/hovering spotter drones complete their return to the vicinity. They keep their distance and send light energy fire down at the mercenaries. Not coordinated to focus fire on anything in particular, they nonetheless fire at targets of opportunity, helping to suppress the area.

The other two sentries continue to lay down covering and suppressing fire as they jet a tactical retreat toward the remaining vehicles.

Suddenly, there is an explosion, quickly followed by a series of smaller explosions. Those who have encountered it before are familiar with an ammo cook-off and know that its chaotic randomness may pose dangers to those not seeking cover while the munitions fire in all manner of directions.

The enemy seems to be taking this opportunity to complete their retreat. The other wheeled ammo truck is now fully stowed and the vehicles are all mobile. Accompanying personnel are either safely sheltered within the vehicle or atop the vehicle ((3 sentries, driver that jumped out of exploding ammo truck, other personnel of exploded ammo truck)). 'Fresh' hover-platforms take position in the rear of the convoy, able to intercede parting weapons-fire. It is clear that GIRLS have another round of shooting if they want it, but given their inability to penetrate the forcefields of the hover-platforms, may consider it unlikely to be of much use.

For those paying close attention, they also witness the flying spotter drones moving with the convoy, taking up a triangular perimeter in the sky above them. Even once visuals of the convoy are lost, one might surmise the position of the drones might give clues as to their whereabouts.

GM-note: ((if you choose to Rambo it during the cook-off and chase the fast-retreating vehicles (depending on your speed may net you up to one additional round of shooting), roll 1d100. <30% and you take 3d6 MD from getting hit by random munitions. Otherwise, you can spin down from combat posts, letting them retreat and greet each other and plan next steps.))

Butcher's Bill:
Phinneas: -4 shots [ammo]. - 12 MDC to FF.
Amber: -1 shots [ammo].
User avatar
Amber Dach
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
Posts: 139
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:50 am

Re: Chapter 2: Inscrutable Morning

Post by Amber Dach »

Perception: 42% = 1d100: [70] = 70 (+5% on Perception Rolls regarding vampires and the undead)
JiC: 1d20: [17] = 17 | 1d100: [33] = 33

Skills Rolls
Intelligence 53% = 1d100: [54] = 54 (assessing threat level of approaching mercs)
Constant/Active Conditions
Constant Conditions
o Sense Supernatural Evil & Sense Magic Energy: Range 300’
o Identify Type/Race of Paranormal Creature: 80% = 1d100: [5] = 5
o Track by Psychic Scent: 70% = 1d100: [85] = 85 (82% if supernatural being is also using magic)
o Sense the Presence of Vampires and Vampire Intelligences: Range: 1000' radius
o Recognize Vampires Recognize Vampires by Appearance (special): 50% = 1d100: [99] = 99 (+10% bonus to recognize Secondary Vampires, +30% bonus to recognize Wild Vampires. -30% skill penalty to recognize Master Vampires).
o Sense Rifts and Ley Lines: Senses Ley Lines up to 5 miles away, a nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away.
o See the Invisible: 200’


Active Psionics
o Sixth Sense: Range 180’
o Alter Aura to change her aura in the following ways:
• The general level of experience can be made to seem much higher ( 1d4+3: [1]+3 = 4 levels higher) than it really is.
• Conceal the I.S.P. levels to be show them to be minimal (like a minor psychic).
• Conceal the presence of magic.
• Lasts for 8 hours. 7.5 hours remaining. Costs 2 I.S.P.

Amber feels a certain sense of accomplishment as the Ammo Truck cooks off in the not to far distance. Yes! We managed to put some hurt them and more importantly, drive them off for the time being. That could have went bad if they realized that they were only facing a 3 of us, plus the drones. Amber looks around to the other GIRLS and says to them, “Well done ladies! Let ‘em go for now. Sit-rep. Everyone okay?”

As she waits for replies, she reloads her TX-26 with a fresh FSE-Clip. She keeps herself low and undercover as much as possible and keeps her eyes peeled for danger while she awaits the incoming mercs. She calls out quietly to Susan. “Doc. Can you track those drones those guys were using? They have to be using them to track targets and scout. I would like to know if they are around us so that we don’t get a volley of missiles raining down on us.” She cocks her head to the side. "You should get one of those aerial drones too Doc. They would be great for scouting in situations like this."

Amber asks Eight a question next. “Eight. Can you figure out where the jamming is coming from? It would be easier to coordinate our actions with the other mercs if we can communicate with them.”

Once the Mercs (with Phinneas) approach she will call out a friendly but cautious greeting. “Thanks for the assist. I am Amber, with the GIRLS of Merctown. Who are you?”
Dice rolls
1d1001d100: [346]+[79] = 425
Amber Dach

Current Conditions
Conditions
P.P.E.: 33/33
I.S.P.: 150/150
H.P.: 33/33
S.D.C.: 87/87

TX-26 Particle Beam Pistol: 15/15 shots remaining (FSE-clip)
Crystal Deflector Gauntlet: 15/15 melee round charges remaining
Image
User avatar
Phinneas_Graves
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:29 am

Re: Chapter 2: Inscrutable Morning

Post by Phinneas_Graves »

Perception: 30% | 1d100: [40] = 40
JIC: 1d20: [16] = 16 | 1d100: [60] = 60

Land Navigation: 46% 1d100: [39] = 39
Detect Ambush: 40% 1d100: [15] = 15
Invoke Trust: 45% 1d100: [95] = 95
Constant Conditions:
Special Abilities
1. Super Endurance: Can lift and carry twice as much as a normal person of equivalent Strength and Endurance, and can last 10 times longer before feeling effect of exhaustion. Can remain alert and operate at full efficiency for up to 3 days (72 hours) without sleep. Needs only 4 hours of sleep to function at full capacity.
2. Increased Strength: Falls under "Augmented" category.
3. Increased Speed: Can leap 20 ft across and 15 high after a short run (half the distance from a dead stop).
4. Heightened Reflexes and Agility: Exceptional Balance and Grace.
5. Enhanced Senses:
Enhanced Vision: Character has perfect 20/20 vision and exceptional long range vision; can read a small sign or recognize a face from up to 2 miles away when he concentrates; must have line of sight.
Enhanced Hearing: Can hear a whisper or a twig snap up to 3oo ft away. Acute hearing gives an Automatic Dodge on ALL attacks; even from behind and surprise attacks. Does NOT use up a melee attack. Normal dodge bonuses do not apply, but P.P. bonuses do.
Enhanced sense of smell: Character can instantly recognize odors (01-65%), recognize a person by scent like a dog (01-25%), and even track by smell (01-30%), provided the sent is not more than 2 hours old.
Enhanced sense of taste: Can taste for a specific flavor, discern specific ingredients and tell if a drink or food has been poisoned, drugged or spoiled. Chance for detection (01-55%), +20% if the chemical has a telltale taste or odor to begin with.
Enhanced sense of touch: Character recognizes very slight differences in textures by touch. Adds 10% to all skills that require a delicate touch such as Art, Demolitions, Palming, Pick Pockets, Pick Locks, Electronics, etc.
6. Enhanced Healing: Heals two times faster than normal. Virtually impervious to pain, no amount of pain will impair the Crazy until he is down to 10 HP or less. At that point the warrior will realize his condition and start to feel the effects of his injuries. However, the Crazy can go into an intense meditative trance that will induce Bio-Regeneration, healing damage in moments.
7. Crazies Bio-Regeneration: The Crazy must stop to slip into a meditative trance. While in the trance, he is completely helpless and cannot move or take any action. All of his concentration is being forced into an accelerated bio-feedback program that will restore 2D6 HP and 3D6 S.D.C., stops bleeding, and closes wounds in 2D4 minutes. An extended period of Crazies' Bio-Regeneration, over a period of 6 hours, will restore all S.D.C. and an additional 4D6 HP.
As the first ammo truck lurches forward and starts its cook-off, Phinneas spins around and lets out a loud "Wooooooooooo!!!". He then air-guitars the railgun (think Bill and Ted) and finishes with a kiss to the barrel which is still warm. "Oooh, spicy!"

With the other attackers in the distance backing off of the attack, Phinneas will let go of his thoughts of hitting the convoy again and attempt to link up with them. "I would have liked more fireworks, but more numbers is a better chance at survival"

As he approaches the GIRLS squad with the other Mercs, he hears Amber call out. He replies, cautiously watching Amber and his surroundings, "I am Phinneas Graves, temporary employee of the weird no-mouth guy from Merctown. This is my faithful companion Mr. Boom Boom", he holds up the grenade, and these are a group of survivors I linked up with on the way over here. So far they are the only ones I found alive from all of the pods I saw launch with me."



Combat rolls

Initiative: 1d20+2: [7]+2 = 9


Ranged combat:
Action 1: Strike w/NG-R50: 1d20: [15] = 15   | Damage 1: 4d6: [6, 4, 2, 6] = 18
Action 2: Strike w/NG-R50: 1d20: [12] = 12  | Damage 2: 4d6: [2, 5, 3, 6] = 16
Action 3: Strike w/NG-R50: 1d20: [8] = 8 | Damage 3: 4d6: [3, 4, 1, 1] = 9
Action 4: Strike w/NG-R50: 1d20: [13] = 13 | Damage 4: 4d6: [5, 1, 2, 4] = 12

Melee combat:
Action 1: Strike w/NE-RV07: 1d20+2: [13]+2 = 15  | Damage 1: 4d6: [6, 3, 3, 1] = 13
Action 2: Strike w/NE-RV07: 1d20+2: [20]+2 = 22  | Damage 2: 4d6: [2, 1, 6, 1] = 10
Action 3: Strike w/NE-RV07: 1d20+2: [10]+2 = 12  | Damage 3: 4d6: [1, 4, 1, 1] = 7
Action 4: Strike w/NE-RV07: 1d20+2: [5]+2 = 7  | Damage 4: 4d6: [6, 6, 6, 2] = 20

Auto Dodges: 1d20+1: [13]+1 = 14 1d20+1: [1]+1 = 2 1d20+1: [18]+1 = 19 1d20+1: [8]+1 = 9
Phinneas Graves
Current stats
S.D.C. 134/126
M.D.C. 110/98
P.P.E. 21/21
Ammo: 192/188
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 268
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: Chapter 2: Inscrutable Morning

Post by Susan Lee »

Perception: 1d100: [60] = 60 / 41%
JIC: 1d20: [14] = 14 / 1d100: [84] = 84

CONDITIONS: NF40A integrated into armor (160 MDC) Active; 2xNF20A on Northern Gun Drones (75 MDC) Active; See Invisible; Radar from Naruni Armor (always active along with suit)

Susan: -60 MDC shields. - 6 bursts [ammo].
Drone 1: -20 MDC shields. - 4 burst [ammo].
Drone 2: -30 MDC shields - 4 burst [ammo].

Susan initially moves to answer Amber through the radio or by text, but realizes those could be intercepted. "Shields are damaged on all of us - compromised around 33%. They should reinforce given a few minutes. I... cannot track drones. I'm not an electronics countermeasures expert. I just use technology to best effect."


She looks at the spotter drones as they fly around. "Yes, I think I need to get something that flies. Possibly not these."

Computer, let's start designing an air elemental-based drone.

"Eight, can you eliminate these spotter drones? Or, better yet, take control of them?"

She then switches to direct messages to the GIRLS team. "These mercenaries, while nominal allies, seem unstable. Recommend allowing them to act as front line."

Susan then places a tag on the man who is holding out a grenade with googly eyes. Classic idiot mercenary...
It's DNA, all the way down./Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
Image
User avatar
Amber Dach
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
Posts: 139
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:50 am

Re: Chapter 2: Inscrutable Morning

Post by Amber Dach »

Rolls held over

Additional Skill Rolls
Charm/Impress: 55% = 1d100: [17] = 17 (to establish rapport with approaching Mercs)
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 70% = 1d100: [52] = 52 (to establish rapport with approaching Mercs)
Constant/Active Conditions
Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense: Range 180’
Sense Supernatural Evil & Sense Magic Energy: Range 300’
Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy
o Identify Type/Race of Paranormal Creature: 80% =
o Track by Psychic Scent: 70% = (82% if supernatural being is also using magic)
Sense the Presence of Vampires and Vampire Intelligences: Range: 1000' radius
Recognize Vampires Recognize Vampires by Appearance (special): 50% = (+10% bonus to recognize Secondary Vampires, +30% bonus to recognize Wild Vampires. -30% skill penalty to recognize Master Vampires).
Sense Rifts and Ley Lines: Senses Ley Lines up to 5 miles away, a nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away.
See the Invisible: 200’

Alter Aura to change her aura in the following ways:
• The general level of experience can be made to seem much higher (1d4+3 levels higher) than it really is.
• Conceal the I.S.P. levels to be show them to be minimal (like a minor psychic).
• Conceal the presence of magic.
Alter Aura will last for 8 hours. 6.5 hours remaining. Costs 2 I.S.P.
Phinneas_Graves wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 1:28 pm As he approaches the GIRLS squad with the other Mercs, he hears Amber call out. He replies, cautiously watching Amber and his surroundings, "I am Phinneas Graves, temporary employee of the weird no-mouth guy from Merctown. This is my faithful companion Mr. Boom Boom", he holds up the grenade, "And these are a group of survivors I linked up with on the way over here. So far they are the only ones I found alive from all of the pods I saw launch with me."
Amber kind of rolls her eyes under her faceplate as Phinneas addresses her and she notices the MOM implants. Oh great! A crazy! They don't get that moniker by accident. Oh well. At least they do a good job of keeping the enemy off balance with their unpredictability. "Nice to meet you and uhm, Mr. Boom Boom as well."

She looks at the other Mercs present and tries to figure out who is the leader of them. She addresses them as well in a friendly but professional manner. "So, this whole thing is thrown together on the fly. It would be prudent if we combined our forces and came up with a strategy to move forward and not work at cross purposes. What do you say?"

Susan Lee wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:41 pm Susan initially moves to answer Amber through the radio or by text, but realizes those could be intercepted. "Shields are damaged on all of us - compromised around 33%. They should reinforce given a few minutes. I... cannot track drones. I'm not an electronics countermeasures expert. I just use technology to best effect."

She looks at the spotter drones as they fly around. "Yes, I think I need to get something that flies. Possibly not these."
Amber nods at Susan. "That's alright. I figured that your babies could maybe track them or at least monitor the skies for them."
Susan Lee wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:41 pm She then switches to direct messages to the GIRLS team. "These mercenaries, while nominal allies, seem unstable. Recommend allowing them to act as front line."
Amber nods again as she replies. Gotta like how Susan thinks. Very practical and rational. "Understood. That seems like a wise precaution to me as well."
Amber Dach

Current Conditions
Conditions
P.P.E.: 33/33
I.S.P.: 150/150
H.P.: 33/33
S.D.C.: 87/87

TX-26 Particle Beam Pistol: 15/15 shots remaining (FSE-clip)
Crystal Deflector Gauntlet: 15/15 melee round charges remaining
Image
User avatar
Aegis of No Retreat
Assistant Game Master
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2022 1:48 pm

Re: Chapter 2: Inscrutable Morning

Post by Aegis of No Retreat »

Current Conditions wrote:Location: Naruni "Logistical Supply Depot"
Time/Date: 11:00:00am LMT | ~Jan 25th
Environmental Conditions: 28°F (-2.2°C); Chilly, clear morning with wisps of high altitude clouds.
[Amber, Phinneas, Susan, Analoy, Eight, extra Mercs]
Amber Dach wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 12:56 pm“Eight. Can you figure out where the jamming is coming from? It would be easier to coordinate our actions with the other mercs if we can communicate with them.”
Even as the words leave Amber's mouth, her gaze lingers on Phinneas and the other mercenaries whose drops were not nearly as lucky as theirs. Already rag-tag in nature, trying to rally such forces, even with proper communications, would prove a herculean task. Still, her words are infused with hope.

Eight's response however, tosses some cold water on Amber's optimism, "I cannot pinpoint the source, no. But it is certainly centered around the assault..." It is strange to imagine an artificial construct producing micro-expression tells similar to organics, but those who watch/listen to Eight's response can't help but feel as though something important is being kept from them. The expression lasts for but a moment before the question is considered adequately addressed and a stoic veil once again falls over Eight's face.
Susan Lee wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:41 pm"Eight, can you eliminate these spotter drones? Or, better yet, take control of them?"
As if it were variations on a theme, another micro-expression flits across Eight's face before the answer is provided with robotic efficiency, "The encryption keys to task the drones are not known to me. Standard Naruni communication protocol precludes the ability to affect tasking changes amidst ECM distortions." Another brief pause as if processing the conflicting weights of being helpful and keeping a secret, before Eight finishes unhelpfully, "Destruction of assaulting elements will lift both the ECM cloud and relinquish drone control."

It occurs to the GIRLS that Eight has actually been silent since their landing during a time where additional intel would be vitally important. When assaulting the multiple missile launchers, Eight was completely out of sight. Its semi-omniscient presence wholly lacking in their current situation within the ECM bubble.

The retreat of the missile launcher convoy is complete and they don't even take parting shots at the assembled mercs. Whether out of altruism, orders, haste to reach their next waypoint, or some other nefarious reason, the GIRLS have an inkling that they were overmatched in that skirmish.

Left only with the soft crackle of a husk of a vehicle smoldering in front of them and the chaos of the fighting closer to "logistical supply depot", they know they must make a move. The sounds of fighting in the direction of the depot are increasingly muted. Suggesting that the outer defensive lines might be overrun and the fighting has now evolved into skirmishes within buildings or deeper inside the depot itself.

[Whisp]
Whisp can't help but wonder what sort of mess she has gotten herself into now. The 40k universal cred-stick ((feel free to add to your character sheet)) seemingly burning a hole in her pocket. She had done as the instructions had stated and found herself embroiled in a conflict at risk of becoming collateral damage.

A two-part courier mission. Go to the coordinates, leave the briefcase-sized package beneath some brush. Then return to the main road and approach the logistical hub to deliver a data-pack suitcase.

Whisp glances at the rear of her hovercycle, the sealed suitcase still strapped to the backseat. The gate guard had politely, yet firmly turned her away without even checking his own documentations, saying that there was no delivery scheduled and that if she continued to remain, she would be considered a trespasser and shot on sight.

Once she put some distance between herself and the depot, she had pulled alongside the road to review her instructions when all hell broke loose. Three times, she had tried to exfiltrate the combat theater, only to be turned away either by approaching attackers who waved her off or wounded defenders that fell from the sky and were a bit more belligerent in their shooing efforts.

From her vantage tucked in the woods, she witnessed some of these defenders successfully fight off one of the missile launching elements and was now deciding on their next steps.

((GM note: Whisp roll prowl (if you wish to remain hidden). Everyone else: if your perception is >15% success, you spot a figure with a hovercycle observing you from the woods.))
User avatar
Phinneas_Graves
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:29 am

Re: Chapter 2: Inscrutable Morning

Post by Phinneas_Graves »

Perception: 30% | 1d100: [40] = 40
JIC: 1d20: [8] = 8 | 1d100: [83] = 83

Land Navigation: 46% 1d100: [28] = 28
Detect Ambush: 40% 1d100: [63] = 63
Invoke Trust: 45% 1d100: [82] = 82
Constant Conditions:
Special Abilities
1. Super Endurance: Can lift and carry twice as much as a normal person of equivalent Strength and Endurance, and can last 10 times longer before feeling effect of exhaustion. Can remain alert and operate at full efficiency for up to 3 days (72 hours) without sleep. Needs only 4 hours of sleep to function at full capacity.
2. Increased Strength: Falls under "Augmented" category.
3. Increased Speed: Can leap 20 ft across and 15 high after a short run (half the distance from a dead stop).
4. Heightened Reflexes and Agility: Exceptional Balance and Grace.
5. Enhanced Senses:
Enhanced Vision: Character has perfect 20/20 vision and exceptional long range vision; can read a small sign or recognize a face from up to 2 miles away when he concentrates; must have line of sight.
Enhanced Hearing: Can hear a whisper or a twig snap up to 3oo ft away. Acute hearing gives an Automatic Dodge on ALL attacks; even from behind and surprise attacks. Does NOT use up a melee attack. Normal dodge bonuses do not apply, but P.P. bonuses do.
Enhanced sense of smell: Character can instantly recognize odors (01-65%), recognize a person by scent like a dog (01-25%), and even track by smell (01-30%), provided the sent is not more than 2 hours old.
Enhanced sense of taste: Can taste for a specific flavor, discern specific ingredients and tell if a drink or food has been poisoned, drugged or spoiled. Chance for detection (01-55%), +20% if the chemical has a telltale taste or odor to begin with.
Enhanced sense of touch: Character recognizes very slight differences in textures by touch. Adds 10% to all skills that require a delicate touch such as Art, Demolitions, Palming, Pick Pockets, Pick Locks, Electronics, etc.
6. Enhanced Healing: Heals two times faster than normal. Virtually impervious to pain, no amount of pain will impair the Crazy until he is down to 10 HP or less. At that point the warrior will realize his condition and start to feel the effects of his injuries. However, the Crazy can go into an intense meditative trance that will induce Bio-Regeneration, healing damage in moments.
7. Crazies Bio-Regeneration: The Crazy must stop to slip into a meditative trance. While in the trance, he is completely helpless and cannot move or take any action. All of his concentration is being forced into an accelerated bio-feedback program that will restore 2D6 HP and 3D6 S.D.C., stops bleeding, and closes wounds in 2D4 minutes. An extended period of Crazies' Bio-Regeneration, over a period of 6 hours, will restore all S.D.C. and an additional 4D6 HP.

Constant Conditions of note: Enhanced hearing

As Amber makes pleasantries, including with Mr. Boom Boom, Phinneas smiles back and says, "One hell of a fireworks show, don't ya think? I'm sure no-mouth guy would have liked to see that." He then reaches in his pocket and pulls out the charred cred stick he picked from the dead merc. "You guys look pretty well equipped. Think you or your robot can tell me if this little beauty is still good?" He then continues with a sly, little smile "If you're not interested in that, then how about we stop lollygagging and go make some more stuff, or people, or whatever not exist anymore. I REALLY like this gun!" Cradling the rifle and lightly petting it, he stands there impatiently waiting for a response.
Phinneas Graves
Current stats
S.D.C. 134/126
M.D.C. 110/98
P.P.E. 21/21
Ammo: 192/188
User avatar
Whisp
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:20 pm

Re: Chapter 2: Inscrutable Morning

Post by Whisp »

Perception 21% / 1d100: [93] = 93

JIC 1d100 / 1d100: [61] = 61
JIC 1d20 / 1d20: [8] = 8

Constant Conditions: Sense Supernatural Evil and Magic Energy (300'/1,00'), Radiate Nature (12'/100' ), Six Sense

Skill Rolls:
Prowl 45% / 1d100: [35] = 35 to observe the group without being noticed
Intelligence 50% / 1d100: [70] = 70 to try and identify what faction or government the group is with or at least from what city they are from.

Abilities used:
Enhanced Perception (10) Rifter # 25, page 77

They found me out! I failed my mission, now. I don't think I could fight my way out of this one. Looks like there's two factions after the package. That damn guard must have tipped someone off. That's the first thing that makes sense. I wish I could make my hovercycle intangible. Not sure if I got the skills to shake all of them or their missiles. That would make this so much easier. I should have bought those force fields and camo sheets back when I got this cred stick.

Whisp grips her rifle tightly, as she hunkers down next to hovercycle. Despite the cooking system of her armor, her anxiety and the lingering threats of combat is causing her to perspire a little. She methodically creeps closer to the group. Trying to remain undetected. Relying on her variable armor to keep her hidden. Finding a good spot, she begins to take note of any identifying insignias or emblems. Picking a spot next to a tree to provide cover. Whisp opens up her mind to enhance her perception, giving her the best chance to pick out small and minute details about the group in front of her. Clicking the safety off of her rifle, as she keeps her finger ready to squeeze the trigger if needed. She takes a quick glance back to make sure the briefcase is still secured to the back of her hovercycle. Turning back she couches down to one knee. Whisp quickly gathers as much information as she can in anticipation of the group attacking her.
User avatar
Amber Dach
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
Posts: 139
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:50 am

Re: Chapter 2: Inscrutable Morning

Post by Amber Dach »

Perception: 42% = 1d100: [86] = 86 (+5% on Perception Rolls regarding vampires and the undead)
JiC: 1d20: [7] = 7 | 1d100: [94] = 94

Skills Rolls
Charm/Impress 55% = 1d100: [98] = 98 (to convince the Mercs to join forces)
Invoke Trust/Intimidate 70% = 1d100: [32] = 32 (to convince the Mercs to join forces)
Intelligence 53% = 1d100: [47] = 47 (assessing threat level nearby)
Constant/Active Conditions
Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense: Range 180’
Sense Supernatural Evil & Sense Magic Energy: Range 300’
Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy
o Identify Type/Race of Paranormal Creature: 80% = 1d100: [10] = 10
o Track by Psychic Scent: 70% = 1d100: [16] = 16 (82% if supernatural being is also using magic)
Sense the Presence of Vampires and Vampire Intelligences: Range: 1000' radius
Recognize Vampires Recognize Vampires by Appearance (special): 50% = 1d100: [41] = 41 (+10% bonus to recognize Secondary Vampires, +30% bonus to recognize Wild Vampires. -30% skill penalty to recognize Master Vampires).
Sense Rifts and Ley Lines: Senses Ley Lines up to 5 miles away, a nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away.
See the Invisible: 200’

Alter Aura to change her aura in the following ways:
• The general level of experience can be made to seem much higher (1d4+3 levels higher) than it really is.
• Conceal the I.S.P. levels to be show them to be minimal (like a minor psychic).
• Conceal the presence of magic.
Alter Aura will last for 8 hours. 6.5 hours remaining. Costs 2 I.S.P.
Phinneas_Graves wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 2:05 pm As Amber makes pleasantries, including with Mr. Boom Boom, Phinneas smiles back and says, "One hell of a fireworks show, don't ya think? I'm sure no-mouth guy would have liked to see that." He then reaches in his pocket and pulls out the charred cred stick he picked from the dead merc. "You guys look pretty well equipped. Think you or your robot can tell me if this little beauty is still good?" He then continues with a sly, little smile "If you're not interested in that, then how about we stop lollygagging and go make some more stuff, or people, or whatever not exist anymore. I REALLY like this gun!" Cradling the rifle and lightly petting it, he stands there impatiently waiting for a response.
Amber shrugs. "I don’t think that this is place or time to see if that cred stick is operational, Mr. Graves. I do agree that we need to get moving quickly though.”

She turns at the assembled Mercs. “What do you say? Are we joining forces, or are we each headed our own way?”
She continues. “From the sounds of it, the fighting is moving into the facility and I would prefer having numbers on our side if we are going to be headed into that. They have enough power to breach it, so that means we need to coordinate our attacks in order to be effective.” She decides to appeal to their mercenary nature as an incentive. “Plus, if that facility falls, we are not getting paid.” She pauses and lets them consider their options.

As she awaits a decision, she keeps her eyes looking around for any threats.
Amber Dach

Current Conditions
Conditions
P.P.E.: 33/33
I.S.P.: 150/150
H.P.: 33/33
S.D.C.: 87/87

TX-26 Particle Beam Pistol: 15/15 shots remaining (FSE-clip)
Crystal Deflector Gauntlet: 15/15 melee round charges remaining
Image
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 268
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: Chapter 2: Inscrutable Morning

Post by Susan Lee »

Perception: 1d100: [6] = 6 / 41%
JIC: 1d100: [64] = 64 / 1d20: [9] = 9

CONDITIONS: NF40A integrated into armor (160 MDC) Active; 2xNF20A on Northern Gun Drones (75 MDC) Active; See Invisible; Radar from Naruni Armor (always active along with suit)

Susan: -60 MDC shields. - 6 bursts [ammo].
Drone 1: -20 MDC shields. - 4 burst [ammo].
Drone 2: -30 MDC shields - 4 burst [ammo].

Susan watches Amber negotiate with the new mercenaries. Yes, definitely unstable. Our 'employer' seems not to be selecting the best of MercTown for this expedition. Troubling.

She then turns to Eight. "We're fighting another Naruni faction, aren't we?"

After Eight responds, Susan approaches Amber. "If we're to continue making a difference in this battle, it may be best to go after the other artillery station. At least we can disrupt their fire as we did here. Maybe we'll have a better chance now that we have more people."

"It does seem we're quite overmatched currently, however."
It's DNA, all the way down./Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
Image
User avatar
Aegis of No Retreat
Assistant Game Master
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2022 1:48 pm

Re: Chapter 2: Inscrutable Morning

Post by Aegis of No Retreat »

Current Conditions wrote:Location: Naruni "Logistical Supply Depot"
Time/Date: 11:02:00am LMT | ~Jan 25th
Environmental Conditions: 28°F (-2.2°C); Chilly, clear morning with wisps of high altitude clouds.
[Amber, Phinneas, Susan, Analoy, Eight, extra Mercs]
Amber Dach wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 5:23 pmShe turns at the assembled Mercs. “What do you say? Are we joining forces, or are we each headed our own way?”
She continues. “From the sounds of it, the fighting is moving into the facility and I would prefer having numbers on our side if we are going to be headed into that. They have enough power to breach it, so that means we need to coordinate our attacks in order to be effective.” She decides to appeal to their mercenary nature as an incentive. “Plus, if that facility falls, we are not getting paid.” She pauses and lets them consider their options.
Jiquo, the mercenary squad spokesperson steps forward after brief non-verbal consultation with his peers, to address Amber, "We are in agreement. Let's move together." Then, point at each of his squad-mates in return, makes introductions, "That's, Flea, Gin and Mosha." It is only then that Phinneas realizes that Rast had been surreptitiously left behind. The crazy concludes that he must have been too busy fawning over his new mini-rail gun to have noticed. "Flea is our medic, Gin is our heavy, but currently wielding a lighter kit due to injury, and Mosha is our sniper. We lost Rast, our engineer, when the pod went down. I'm Jiquo, the team jester and resident loud-mouth." The moment of levity draws some light chuckles from the squad. "Direct us as you see fit... and when we see the other side of this FUBAR mission, it'll be a round of Robyn's... on us."
Susan Lee wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 4:02 pmShe then turns to Eight. "We're fighting another Naruni faction, aren't we?"
Uncharacteristically, the immediate response to Susan's question is as if Eight's audio-receptors are malfunctioning. Or the highly intelligent 'bot was choosing to ignore or deeply processing the deliberation on how to respond. The internal LED (previously surmised to be establishment of a communications link back at the GIRLS HQ) flickers faintly, meekly pressing against the oppressive ECM blanket to no avail.

Finding no directives from superiors, Eight appears to make an executive decision to be forthcoming with some information, "As you know, Naruni Enterprises is a trans-dimensional supplier of high demand goods. We have many competitors and industrial espionage is fairly common. There are also sometimes cases of 'competition' within the company in an effort to achieve performance metrics or quotas." Then, a perceptible pause later, "Preliminary intelligence suggests we may be facing an entity calling itself the Hartigal Combine." Eight nods briefly as if it answered the question sufficiently, but the vagueness of the words stand in start contrast to bot's definitive assertion.

Over Eight's shoulder, Susan spots an inconsistency in the background. She recognizes the distortion as an incomplete bending or emulation of light. Mentally tracing it, the cyber-doc concludes that it must be some humanoid in some manner of high-tech camouflage armor. Based on anatomical features, likely female.

[Whisp]
Though it is now seeming increasingly unlikely that her courier mission was contracted by the defenders (based on the guard's reactions), neither is she certain that the attackers are pure in their intentions for assaulting. When, after all, is there a good reason to assault a location with such overwhelming combined arms?

She is pondering this and other matters when she overhears Eight's mention of Hartigal Combine and a flash of memory flits across her mind. She recalls a stylized 'HC' being visibly engraved on the shoulder spaulder of one of the guards she saw at her employment meeting.

Then, as if to pull her out of the recollection, she sees one of the women closest to the robot, staring directly at her.

[Everyone]
The battle sounds like it continues to shift indoors. There are fewer explosions and weapon discharges that can be seen or heard, but long-distance optics will reveal that the attackers' vehicles and larger bots are establishing a defensive perimeter around parts of the facility already taken, their attention split between guarding their exterior flanks and keeping an eye out for targets of opportunity trying to maneuver between buildings.

The team's current location actually puts them in a place of reprieve. There are no attackers fighting at their current position (either chased off, or pushed past toward the depot). Were not for the Naruni observer (Eight), one might even consider the potentially more lucrative task of scavenging the battlefield for equipment and loose cred-sticks than to engage the seemingly better organized attackers.
User avatar
Phinneas_Graves
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:29 am

Re: Chapter 2: Inscrutable Morning

Post by Phinneas_Graves »

Perception: 30% | 1d100: [30] = 30
JIC: 1d20: [1] = 1 | 1d100: [11] = 11

Land Navigation: 46% 1d100: [26] = 26
Detect Ambush: 40% 1d100: [27] = 27
Invoke Trust: 45% 1d100: [68] = 68
Constant Conditions:
Special Abilities
1. Super Endurance: Can lift and carry twice as much as a normal person of equivalent Strength and Endurance, and can last 10 times longer before feeling effect of exhaustion. Can remain alert and operate at full efficiency for up to 3 days (72 hours) without sleep. Needs only 4 hours of sleep to function at full capacity.
2. Increased Strength: Falls under "Augmented" category.
3. Increased Speed: Can leap 20 ft across and 15 high after a short run (half the distance from a dead stop).
4. Heightened Reflexes and Agility: Exceptional Balance and Grace.
5. Enhanced Senses:
Enhanced Vision: Character has perfect 20/20 vision and exceptional long range vision; can read a small sign or recognize a face from up to 2 miles away when he concentrates; must have line of sight.
Enhanced Hearing: Can hear a whisper or a twig snap up to 3oo ft away. Acute hearing gives an Automatic Dodge on ALL attacks; even from behind and surprise attacks. Does NOT use up a melee attack. Normal dodge bonuses do not apply, but P.P. bonuses do.
Enhanced sense of smell: Character can instantly recognize odors (01-65%), recognize a person by scent like a dog (01-25%), and even track by smell (01-30%), provided the sent is not more than 2 hours old.
Enhanced sense of taste: Can taste for a specific flavor, discern specific ingredients and tell if a drink or food has been poisoned, drugged or spoiled. Chance for detection (01-55%), +20% if the chemical has a telltale taste or odor to begin with.
Enhanced sense of touch: Character recognizes very slight differences in textures by touch. Adds 10% to all skills that require a delicate touch such as Art, Demolitions, Palming, Pick Pockets, Pick Locks, Electronics, etc.
6. Enhanced Healing: Heals two times faster than normal. Virtually impervious to pain, no amount of pain will impair the Crazy until he is down to 10 HP or less. At that point the warrior will realize his condition and start to feel the effects of his injuries. However, the Crazy can go into an intense meditative trance that will induce Bio-Regeneration, healing damage in moments.
7. Crazies Bio-Regeneration: The Crazy must stop to slip into a meditative trance. While in the trance, he is completely helpless and cannot move or take any action. All of his concentration is being forced into an accelerated bio-feedback program that will restore 2D6 HP and 3D6 S.D.C., stops bleeding, and closes wounds in 2D4 minutes. An extended period of Crazies' Bio-Regeneration, over a period of 6 hours, will restore all S.D.C. and an additional 4D6 HP.
While Jinquo and the other Mercs get friendly with Amber, Susan and Eight, Phinneas looks towards the facility and concentrates. Using his enhanced vision, he soon let's out a long whistle, followed by "Wow.......there's some heavies in there....."

He then turns to the group and gives the best description of what he can see and where/how they are located. "I'm open to suggestions, but unless you guys have some aces up your sleeve, this is almost a guaranteed slaughter. That missile battery was an inconvenience. That facility is gonna be like kicking a hornet's nest".

"I don't know how you guys are tied to Naruni, but I'm pretty sure they don't like you too much if they sent just the two of you here against all of that."

He then raises the charred cred stick, "By my quick count, there's gotta be around 4 million on cred sticks out there among those downed pods just waiting to be picked up by mercs without a death wish. Not to mention gear......" He taps one of the rods protruding from his scalp, "Crazy, not stupid"



Combat rolls

Initiative: 1d20+2: [17]+2 = 19


Ranged combat:
Action 1: Strike w/NG-R50: 1d20: [6] = 6   | Damage 1: 4d6: [5, 4, 1, 1] = 11
Action 2: Strike w/NG-R50: 1d20: [18] = 18  | Damage 2: 4d6: [1, 6, 1, 1] = 9
Action 3: Strike w/NG-R50: 1d20: [19] = 19 | Damage 3: 4d6: [1, 4, 4, 6] = 15
Action 4: Strike w/NG-R50: 1d20: [5] = 5 | Damage 4: 4d6: [4, 5, 5, 6] = 20

Melee combat:
Action 1: Strike w/NE-RV07: 1d20+2: [3]+2 = 5  | Damage 1: 4d6: [2, 5, 3, 5] = 15
Action 2: Strike w/NE-RV07: 1d20+2: [13]+2 = 15  | Damage 2: 4d6: [2, 6, 4, 5] = 17
Action 3: Strike w/NE-RV07: 1d20+2: [4]+2 = 6  | Damage 3: 4d6: [6, 4, 4, 1] = 15
Action 4: Strike w/NE-RV07: 1d20+2: [3]+2 = 5  | Damage 4: 4d6: [4, 2, 4, 2] = 12

Auto Dodges: 1d20+1: [11]+1 = 12 1d20+1: [4]+1 = 5 1d20+1: [13]+1 = 14 1d20+1: [7]+1 = 8
Phinneas Graves
Current stats
S.D.C. 134/126
M.D.C. 110/98
P.P.E. 21/21
Ammo: 192/188
User avatar
Whisp
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:20 pm

Re: Chapter 2: Inscrutable Morning

Post by Whisp »

Preception: 21% / 1d100: [46] = 46
JIC: 1d20 / 1d20: [20] = 20
JIC: 1d100 / 1d100: [69] = 69

Constant Conditions: Sense Supernatural Evil and Magic Energy (300'/1,00'), Radiate Nature (12'/100' ), Six Sense,

Skill Rolls:
Prowl 45% / 1d100: [48] = 48 to keep observeing the group without being noticed

Standing there watching the small group, Whisp's eyes lock onto one of the females, who appears to be looking directly at her. She tenses up, slows down her breathing as the adrenaline starts pumping. The grip on her rifle tightens a bit.

Shit! They found me. How is that? Have known I have been here the whole time or did someone tip them off. They found out I haven't finished my mission and they're here to make me complete it or take it over from me. Keep calm and I should make it out in one piece.

Whisp remains frozen in place and waits for the group's initial reaction. She slightly moves her head from side to side., Increasing her peripheral vision but relying mostly on her six sense and extended presence sense, to keep from being ambushed.
User avatar
Amber Dach
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
Posts: 139
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:50 am

Re: Chapter 2: Inscrutable Morning

Post by Amber Dach »

Perception: 42% = 1d100: [60] = 60 (+5% on Perception Rolls regarding vampires and the undead)
JiC: 1d20: [12] = 12 | 1d100: [19] = 19

Skills Rolls
Intelligence 53% = 1d100: [14] = 14 (figuring out what to do next)
Lore: Dimensions 50% = 1d100: [32] = 32 (to see if she has heard of the Hartigal Combine)
Charm/Impress: 55% = 1d100: [72] = 72
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 70% = 1d100: [12] = 12
Constant/Active Conditions
Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense: Range 180’
Sense Supernatural Evil & Sense Magic Energy: Range 300’
Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy
o Identify Type/Race of Paranormal Creature: 80% =
o Track by Psychic Scent: 70% = (82% if supernatural being is also using magic)
Sense the Presence of Vampires and Vampire Intelligences: Range: 1000' radius
Recognize Vampires Recognize Vampires by Appearance (special): 50% = 1d100: [40] = 40 (+10% bonus to recognize Secondary Vampires, +30% bonus to recognize Wild Vampires. -30% skill penalty to recognize Master Vampires).
Sense Rifts and Ley Lines: Senses Ley Lines up to 5 miles away, a nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away.
See the Invisible: 200’

Alter Aura to change her aura in the following ways:
• The general level of experience can be made to seem much higher ( 1d4+3: [1]+3 = 4 levels higher) than it really is.
• Conceal the I.S.P. levels to be show them to be minimal (like a minor psychic).
• Conceal the presence of magic.
Alter Aura will last for 8 hours. 6.5 hours remaining. Costs 2 I.S.P.
Aegis of No Retreat wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 5:26 am Jiquo, the mercenary squad spokesperson steps forward after brief non-verbal consultation with his peers, to address Amber, "We are in agreement. Let's move together." Then, point at each of his squad-mates in return, makes introductions, "That's, Flea, Gin and Mosha." It is only then that Phinneas realizes that Rast had been surreptitiously left behind. The crazy concludes that he must have been too busy fawning over his new mini-rail gun to have noticed. "Flea is our medic, Gin is our heavy, but currently wielding a lighter kit due to injury, and Mosha is our sniper. We lost Rast, our engineer, when the pod went down. I'm Jiquo, the team jester and resident loud-mouth." The moment of levity draws some light chuckles from the squad. "Direct us as you see fit... and when we see the other side of this FUBAR mission, it'll be a round of Robyn's... on us."
Amber smiles behind her faceplate. Yes! Nice to have some firepower added to our little band here. She nods at each person as they are introduced. “Nice to meet you all. As I said before, I’m Amber.” She gestures towards Susan and introduces her as well. “This is Susan and her little friends there.”

She points in the general direction of where Jez went. “Our team leader is tied up with another missile battery over that way somewhere. She will meet up with us later if all goes well.” I guess I should introduce Eight too. “And this is Eight here.”
Aegis of No Retreat wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 5:26 am Finding no directives from superiors, Eight appears to make an executive decision to be forthcoming with some information, "As you know, Naruni Enterprises is a trans-dimensional supplier of high demand goods. We have many competitors and industrial espionage is fairly common. There are also sometimes cases of 'competition' within the company in an effort to achieve performance metrics or quotas." Then, a perceptible pause later, "Preliminary intelligence suggests we may be facing an entity calling itself the Hartigal Combine." Eight nods briefly as if it answered the question sufficiently, but the vagueness of the words stand in start contrast to bot's definitive assertion.
Amber finds it to be an intriguing development that Eight seems to have had real-time communications with its master. Damn, that is a freaking creepy! Eight may have been transmitting their every move to The Creator. It raises some issues for later that she must ponder and try to find a counter to.

She does a cursory search of her memory to she has heard of the Hartigal Combine and will relay that information to the others if anything comes to her.

Unless anyone else has any other questions of Eight, she will get them back on task. “So, the way I see it, we need to knock out the jamming so we can coordinate between groups here. From what Eight was able to tell us, it seems to be with the main attacking force. We should try to get eyes on it and see if we can try to knock it out.” Her self doubt creeps in as she finishes speaking. “Unless anyone else has a better idea?”
Amber Dach

Current Conditions
Conditions
P.P.E.: 33/33
I.S.P.: 150/150
H.P.: 33/33
S.D.C.: 87/87

TX-26 Particle Beam Pistol: 15/15 shots remaining (FSE-clip)
Crystal Deflector Gauntlet: 15/15 melee round charges remaining
Image
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 268
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: Chapter 2: Inscrutable Morning

Post by Susan Lee »

Perception: 1d100: [57] = 57 / 41%
JIC: 1d100: [45] = 45 / 1d20: [2] = 2

CONDITIONS: NF40A integrated into armor (160 MDC) Active; 2xNF20A on Northern Gun Drones (75 MDC) Active; See Invisible; Radar from Naruni Armor (always active along with suit)

Susan: -60 MDC shields. - 6 bursts [ammo].
Drone 1: -20 MDC shields. - 4 burst [ammo].
Drone 2: -30 MDC shields - 4 burst [ammo].

Susan stares at Eight for an uncomfortably long time.

Hartigal Combine... Wasn't one of our recent merc contacts named Hartigan?!?

Lore: D-Bees 1d100: [61] = 61 / 73%

"Got it, it's another Naruni faction. Feel free to tell Spylord later that I figured it out. He can just tell us information next time. We don't care if it's Naruni."
Amber Dach wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 6:54 pm Amber smiles behind her faceplate. Yes! Nice to have some firepower added to our little band here. She nods at each person as they are introduced. “Nice to meet you all. As I said before, I’m Amber.” She gestures towards Susan and introduces her as well. “This is Susan and her little friends there.”

“So, the way I see it, we need to knock out the jamming so we can coordinate between groups here. From what Eight was able to tell us, it seems to be with the main attacking force. We should try to get eyes on it and see if we can try to knock it out.” Her self doubt creeps in as she finishes speaking. “Unless anyone else has a better idea?”
Susan waves at the newcomers.

To Amber and Eight, she says, "I think we have two choices. Run into the middle of everything and try to take out the signal jammer, or see what the situation at the other artillery is, potentially hijack it, and use it to take out the signal jammer. Either way, it seems like taking a few minutes to remove or delay the other artillery is likely to be useful."

Then she flashes the following message to Amber and Eight on their coms band: "Invisible target I'm tagging for the drones to shoot."

She tags the invisible attacker on radar for the other two (is Eight even vulnerable to Psi Invis?).
Last edited by Susan Lee on Fri May 13, 2022 10:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
It's DNA, all the way down./Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
Image
User avatar
Amber Dach
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
Posts: 139
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:50 am

Re: Chapter 2: Inscrutable Morning

Post by Amber Dach »

Rolls held over

Constant/Active Conditions
Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense: Range 180’
Sense Supernatural Evil & Sense Magic Energy: Range 300’
Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy
o Identify Type/Race of Paranormal Creature: 80% =
o Track by Psychic Scent: 70% = (82% if supernatural being is also using magic)
Sense the Presence of Vampires and Vampire Intelligences: Range: 1000' radius
Recognize Vampires Recognize Vampires by Appearance (special): 50% = 1d100 (+10% bonus to recognize Secondary Vampires, +30% bonus to recognize Wild Vampires. -30% skill penalty to recognize Master Vampires).
Sense Rifts and Ley Lines: Senses Ley Lines up to 5 miles away, a nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away.
See the Invisible: 200’

Alter Aura to change her aura in the following ways:
• The general level of experience can be made to seem much higher (1d4+3 levels higher) than it really is.
• Conceal the I.S.P. levels to be show them to be minimal (like a minor psychic).
• Conceal the presence of magic.
Alter Aura will last for 8 hours. 6.5 hours remaining. Costs 2 I.S.P.
Susan Lee wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 12:11 am To Amber and Eight, she says, "I think we have two choices. Run into the middle of everything and try to take out the signal jammer, or see what the situation at the other artillery is, potentially hijack it, and use it to take out the signal jammer. Either way, it seems like taking a few minutes to remove or delay the other artillery is likely to be useful."
Amber nods in agreement, "Both good options, but I agree with your second option. If that other artillery battery is still reasonably close by we can check it out and try and take it and turn it on the main element attacking the facility. Otherwise, I guess we will head into the hornet's nest." Damn, that Susan has a good head on her shoulders.
Susan Lee wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 12:11 am Then she flashes the following message to Amber and Eight on their coms band: "Invisible target where drones are shooting."
Amber sees the message pop up on her visor and replies. "Hold your fire, Doc. Let's try to capture whoever this is. Maybe try your net gun or that new toy you picked up in Manoa and see if we can get some intel that will be useful. I'll try to draw their attention away from you, so you can take a shot. Keep the drones on standby in case this doesn't work."

Amber pulls herself out of cover and makes herself conspicuous to draw the attention of their observer her way. Here goes nothing. She thinks, as she trusts that her senses will warn her of any impending attack and will dodge accordingly.

Dodge rolls if needed
1d20+6: [3]+6 = 9 , 1d20+6: [11]+6 = 17 , 1d20+6: [20]+6 = 26
Amber Dach

Current Conditions
Conditions
P.P.E.: 33/33
I.S.P.: 150/150
H.P.: 33/33
S.D.C.: 87/87

TX-26 Particle Beam Pistol: 15/15 shots remaining (FSE-clip)
Crystal Deflector Gauntlet: 15/15 melee round charges remaining
Image
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 268
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: Chapter 2: Inscrutable Morning

Post by Susan Lee »

HOLD ROLLS

Susan nods at Amber and shoots the invisible target with the Manoan Stun Rifle. (OOC - Stun setting doesn't require roll to hit, target has Save vs. Magic 14, and it looks like the weapons didn't get copied onto sheets at the end of the last adventure?)

Amber's smart. I can't believe I almost destroyed this potential source of information.
It's DNA, all the way down./Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
Image
User avatar
Phinneas_Graves
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:29 am

Re: Chapter 2: Inscrutable Morning

Post by Phinneas_Graves »

Perception: 30% | 1d100: [9] = 9
JIC: 1d20: [1] = 1 | 1d100: [66] = 66

Land Navigation: 46% 1d100: [59] = 59
Detect Ambush: 40% 1d100: [38] = 38
Invoke Trust: 45% 1d100: [47] = 47
Constant Conditions:
Special Abilities
1. Super Endurance: Can lift and carry twice as much as a normal person of equivalent Strength and Endurance, and can last 10 times longer before feeling effect of exhaustion. Can remain alert and operate at full efficiency for up to 3 days (72 hours) without sleep. Needs only 4 hours of sleep to function at full capacity.
2. Increased Strength: Falls under "Augmented" category.
3. Increased Speed: Can leap 20 ft across and 15 high after a short run (half the distance from a dead stop).
4. Heightened Reflexes and Agility: Exceptional Balance and Grace.
5. Enhanced Senses:
Enhanced Vision: Character has perfect 20/20 vision and exceptional long range vision; can read a small sign or recognize a face from up to 2 miles away when he concentrates; must have line of sight.
Enhanced Hearing: Can hear a whisper or a twig snap up to 3oo ft away. Acute hearing gives an Automatic Dodge on ALL attacks; even from behind and surprise attacks. Does NOT use up a melee attack. Normal dodge bonuses do not apply, but P.P. bonuses do.
Enhanced sense of smell: Character can instantly recognize odors (01-65%), recognize a person by scent like a dog (01-25%), and even track by smell (01-30%), provided the sent is not more than 2 hours old.
Enhanced sense of taste: Can taste for a specific flavor, discern specific ingredients and tell if a drink or food has been poisoned, drugged or spoiled. Chance for detection (01-55%), +20% if the chemical has a telltale taste or odor to begin with.
Enhanced sense of touch: Character recognizes very slight differences in textures by touch. Adds 10% to all skills that require a delicate touch such as Art, Demolitions, Palming, Pick Pockets, Pick Locks, Electronics, etc.
6. Enhanced Healing: Heals two times faster than normal. Virtually impervious to pain, no amount of pain will impair the Crazy until he is down to 10 HP or less. At that point the warrior will realize his condition and start to feel the effects of his injuries. However, the Crazy can go into an intense meditative trance that will induce Bio-Regeneration, healing damage in moments.
7. Crazies Bio-Regeneration: The Crazy must stop to slip into a meditative trance. While in the trance, he is completely helpless and cannot move or take any action. All of his concentration is being forced into an accelerated bio-feedback program that will restore 2D6 HP and 3D6 S.D.C., stops bleeding, and closes wounds in 2D4 minutes. An extended period of Crazies' Bio-Regeneration, over a period of 6 hours, will restore all S.D.C. and an additional 4D6 HP.
Phinneas sees Susan's "babies" take flight, "OK, that's pretty cool. He sees Amber's seemingly odd posturing and takes notice of the direction the babies are flying. Not able to see what's there or what is coming, he stiffens his stance and gets ready for a fight.



Combat rolls

Initiative: 1d20+2: [13]+2 = 15


Ranged combat:
Action 1: Strike w/NG-R50: 1d20: [18] = 18   | Damage 1: 4d6: [3, 1, 2, 2] = 8
Action 2: Strike w/NG-R50: 1d20: [12] = 12  | Damage 2: 4d6: [1, 5, 3, 1] = 10
Action 3: Strike w/NG-R50: 1d20: [1] = 1 | Damage 3: 4d6: [1, 4, 3, 3] = 11
Action 4: Strike w/NG-R50: 1d20: [19] = 19 | Damage 4: 4d6: [2, 5, 4, 3] = 14

Melee combat:
Action 1: Strike w/NE-RV07: 1d20+2: [9]+2 = 11  | Damage 1: 4d6: [5, 4, 6, 5] = 20
Action 2: Strike w/NE-RV07: 1d20+2: [4]+2 = 6  | Damage 2: 4d6: [5, 2, 3, 6] = 16
Action 3: Strike w/NE-RV07: 1d20+2: [2]+2 = 4  | Damage 3: 4d6: [6, 2, 3, 3] = 14
Action 4: Strike w/NE-RV07: 1d20+2: [19]+2 = 21  | Damage 4: 4d6: [2, 3, 3, 5] = 13

Auto Dodges: 1d20+1: [5]+1 = 6 1d20+1: [1]+1 = 2 1d20+1: [20]+1 = 21 1d20+1: [10]+1 = 11
Phinneas Graves
Current stats
S.D.C. 134/126
M.D.C. 110/98
P.P.E. 21/21
Ammo: 192/188
User avatar
Whisp
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:20 pm

Re: Chapter 2: Inscrutable Morning

Post by Whisp »

Whisp wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 3:49 pm Preception: 21% / 1d100: [46] = 46
JIC: 1d20 / 1d20: [20] = 20
JIC: 1d100 / 1d100: [69] = 69

Constant Conditions: Extended Presence Sense (35 '), Sense Supernatural Evil and Magic Energy (300'/1,000'), Radiate Nature (12'/100'), Six Sense,


Watching cautiously of the movement of the group, Whisp's instincts begin to take over.

This doesn't feel right. I think they made me. I don't got the fire power or backup to take the m on. Let's see if they're up for a chit chat.

Whisp passes for a moment. Contemplating whether the choice she made is going to be the right one before moving. She disengages her camo optics on her armor. She slowly raises her rifle above her head with one arm and stands, simultaneously. Waving her other arm in an attempt to show no hostile intentions.

"Whoa! Whoa! Don't shoot, I'm friendly! Didn't mean to startle you guys."

Whisp methodically takes a few steps toward the group, moving closer to within a few feet, if allowed. Otherwise she will stand there in a non threatening manner.

"I'm in the middle of a job. Was supposed be somewhere in the town over there but they turned me away for some reason. Stoped here to double check my details. Then I noticed you, so I thought I would stay out of everyone's way."

If Whisp needs to, she will use her Intangible ability or dodge to help avoid a conflict (Horror Factor: 14 if using Intangible )
1d20+4: [7]+4 = 11 , 1d20+4: [14]+4 = 18 , 1d20+4: [10]+4 = 14 , 1d20+4: [15]+4 = 19
User avatar
Amber Dach
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
Posts: 139
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:50 am

Re: Chapter 2: Inscrutable Morning

Post by Amber Dach »

(Rolls held over)
Whisp wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 6:11 am Whisp passes for a moment. Contemplating whether the choice she made is going to be the right one before moving. She disengages her camo optics on her armor. She slowly raises her rifle above her head with one arm and stands, simultaneously. Waving her other arm in an attempt to show no hostile intentions.

"Whoa! Whoa! Don't shoot, I'm friendly! Didn't mean to startle you guys."

Whisp methodically takes a few steps toward the group, moving closer to within a few feet, if allowed. Otherwise she will stand there in a non threatening manner.

"I'm in the middle of a job. Was supposed be somewhere in the town over there but they turned me away for some reason. Stopped here to double check my details. Then I noticed you, so I thought I would stay out of everyone's way."
Amber stops as Whisp announces her presence and she will turn back facing Whisp. Not too smart sneaking up on a larger group in middle of a warzone. Hope our new friends here don't light 'em up. She puts a hard edge into her voice as she speaks. "Stop where you are! Weapon on the ground. No sudden movements or you will regret it!" While Whisp is being disarmed, she sends a private message to Susan. "If they so much as twitch funny, light 'em up with your Stunner."

She use her command voice again. "You know, sneaking up on someone in a warzone is a good way to get misted. Who are you? And who are you working for? Be quick about it! She awaits a reply. If they are working for the Naruni like us, it is simple enough to prove. A simple 100k cred chip will do it.
Amber Dach

Current Conditions
Conditions
P.P.E.: 33/33
I.S.P.: 150/150
H.P.: 33/33
S.D.C.: 87/87

TX-26 Particle Beam Pistol: 15/15 shots remaining (FSE-clip)
Crystal Deflector Gauntlet: 15/15 melee round charges remaining
Image
Post Reply

Return to “G.I.R.L.S. Adventure Forum”