Chapter 2: Inscrutable Morning

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

User avatar
Phinneas_Graves
Posts: 29
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:29 am

Re: Chapter 2: Inscrutable Morning

Post by Phinneas_Graves »

Perception: 30% | 1d100: [37] = 37
JIC: 1d20: [15] = 15 | 1d100: [4] = 4


At Amber's request, Phinneas slings the railgun over his shoulder and replaces it with his Vibro-Axe in his right hand. He looks at Amber for a few seconds with his left hand outstretched, waiting for her to give him something. He will point to his mouth if she doesn't seem to understand.
Phinneas Graves
Current stats
S.D.C. 134/126
M.D.C. 110/98
P.P.E. 21/21
Ammo: 192/188
User avatar
Amber Dach
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
Posts: 153
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:50 am

Re: Chapter 2: Inscrutable Morning

Post by Amber Dach »

(Rolls held over)

Amber has a quizzical look under her faceplate as she wonders what the Crazy is wanting. I slowly dawns on her that he wants back whatever the imaginary object was that he had offered her a few short minutes ago. Oh for the love of all things that are holy! She thinks. We really don't have time for this crap! She holds her rising temper down as she holds out her hand offering him the imaginary object back. Once he takes it, she will motion him back towards the newcomer. In the meantime, she turns her attention back to Eight and the case.
Amber Dach

Current Conditions
Conditions
P.P.E.: 33/33
I.S.P.: 150/150
H.P.: 33/33
S.D.C.: 87/87

TX-26 Particle Beam Pistol: 15/15 shots remaining (FSE-clip)
Crystal Deflector Gauntlet: 15/15 melee round charges remaining
Image
User avatar
Phinneas_Graves
Posts: 29
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:29 am

Re: Chapter 2: Inscrutable Morning

Post by Phinneas_Graves »

Perception: 30% | 1d100: [20] = 20
JIC: 1d20: [11] = 11 | 1d100: [77] = 77

Detect Ambush: 40% 1d100: [99] = 99
Invoke Trust: 45% 1d100: [42] = 42
Constant Conditions:
Special Abilities
1. Super Endurance: Can lift and carry twice as much as a normal person of equivalent Strength and Endurance, and can last 10 times longer before feeling effect of exhaustion. Can remain alert and operate at full efficiency for up to 3 days (72 hours) without sleep. Needs only 4 hours of sleep to function at full capacity.
2. Increased Strength: Falls under "Augmented" category.
3. Increased Speed: Can leap 20 ft across and 15 high after a short run (half the distance from a dead stop).
4. Heightened Reflexes and Agility: Exceptional Balance and Grace.
5. Enhanced Senses:
Enhanced Vision: Character has perfect 20/20 vision and exceptional long range vision; can read a small sign or recognize a face from up to 2 miles away when he concentrates; must have line of sight.
Enhanced Hearing: Can hear a whisper or a twig snap up to 3oo ft away. Acute hearing gives an Automatic Dodge on ALL attacks; even from behind and surprise attacks. Does NOT use up a melee attack. Normal dodge bonuses do not apply, but P.P. bonuses do.
Enhanced sense of smell: Character can instantly recognize odors (01-65%), recognize a person by scent like a dog (01-25%), and even track by smell (01-30%), provided the sent is not more than 2 hours old.
Enhanced sense of taste: Can taste for a specific flavor, discern specific ingredients and tell if a drink or food has been poisoned, drugged or spoiled. Chance for detection (01-55%), +20% if the chemical has a telltale taste or odor to begin with.
Enhanced sense of touch: Character recognizes very slight differences in textures by touch. Adds 10% to all skills that require a delicate touch such as Art, Demolitions, Palming, Pick Pockets, Pick Locks, Electronics, etc.
6. Enhanced Healing: Heals two times faster than normal. Virtually impervious to pain, no amount of pain will impair the Crazy until he is down to 10 HP or less. At that point the warrior will realize his condition and start to feel the effects of his injuries. However, the Crazy can go into an intense meditative trance that will induce Bio-Regeneration, healing damage in moments.
7. Crazies Bio-Regeneration: The Crazy must stop to slip into a meditative trance. While in the trance, he is completely helpless and cannot move or take any action. All of his concentration is being forced into an accelerated bio-feedback program that will restore 2D6 HP and 3D6 S.D.C., stops bleeding, and closes wounds in 2D4 minutes. An extended period of Crazies' Bio-Regeneration, over a period of 6 hours, will restore all S.D.C. and an additional 4D6 HP.

After Amber gives Phinneas back his "key", he "unlocks" his mouth, unbuttons it and unzips it. Cautiously approaching the stranger in the brush, he says "Take it easy bud. No sudden movements and I don't have to do anything........unpleasant. We might have a few questions for you but right now I need you to stand up and come with me. That robot over there is fixing to get a little rowdy with this hoverbike here and I'm guessing we don't want to be too close."

Should the stranger comply, Phinneas will see that he can't bear weight on his one leg. "Let me help you with that." Phinneas will grab the stranger by the scruff of his shirt with his left hand, lift him completely off the ground and carry him clear of the danger zone around the hoverbike. He will then put he stranger down and stay within striking distance. "Is anyone here a medic? Seems like our new friend here is a little banged up."

Combat rolls

Initiative: 1d20+2: [1]+2 = 3

Melee combat:
Action 1: Strike w/NE-RV07: 1d20+2: [10]+2 = 12  | Damage 1: 4d6: [2, 5, 2, 1] = 10
Action 2: Strike w/NE-RV07: 1d20+2: [12]+2 = 14  | Damage 2: 4d6: [4, 2, 5, 4] = 15
Action 3: Strike w/NE-RV07: 1d20+2: [2]+2 = 4  | Damage 3: 4d6: [1, 2, 2, 4] = 9
Action 4: Strike w/NE-RV07: 1d20+2: [5]+2 = 7  | Damage 4: 4d6: [1, 5, 6, 1] = 13

Auto Dodges: 1d20+1: [7]+1 = 8 1d20+1: [6]+1 = 7 1d20+1: [5]+1 = 6 1d20+1: [18]+1 = 19
Phinneas Graves
Current stats
S.D.C. 134/126
M.D.C. 110/98
P.P.E. 21/21
Ammo: 192/188
User avatar
Jerrick Vincent
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon May 09, 2022 6:09 am

Re: Chapter 2: Inscrutable Morning

Post by Jerrick Vincent »

[Carrying Over Rolls]
Jerrick complies. As he is brought around the hover vehicle and is set down he removes weight from his bad leg and balances on his good leg.

“I can fix my leg in a minute. What is the situation with this case. I may be able to help.”

He looks very confident that he is in control of the situation but it seems put on.
Dice rolls
1d100<31: [68] = 0
1d100: [2] = 2
1d20: [15] = 15
1d100<25: [12*] = 1
User avatar
Whisp
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:20 pm

Re: Chapter 2: Inscrutable Morning

Post by Whisp »

Preception: 21% / 1d100: [67] = 67
JIC: 1d20 / 1d20: [16] = 16
JIC: 1d100 / 1d100: [87] = 87

Constant Conditions: Extended Presence Sense (35'), Sense Supernatural Evil and Magic Energy (300'/1,000'), Radiate Nature (12'/100'), Six Sense

Flying canisters, undeliverable jamming packages?! Sounds like this job is going sideways in a hurry. Do they tire of me and this is their elaborate plan for acceptable losses? It's starting to sound like one of their plans. Got to watch my steps more closely, I've been to lax lately.

Whisp begins to untie the suitcase from her hovercycle. Whisp draws her rifle when she notices the camouflaged man emerges. Her trigger finger almost squeezing the trigger, until she notices his up stretched arms. As the others begin to interrogate the man, Whisp turns her attention back to the suitcase and Eight. She places a hand on top and opens her mind up. Using her Telemacanics, Whisp looks for a way to disarm the suitcase. Either by stopping the jamming signal or disarm the detonation. Once she has figured it out, she will use the electrokinesis or if that is not a possibility then she will inform one of the others about how to.

"Hey, before we blow this up, do you mind if I take a quick look at it? I should be able to figure out how this thing operates and come up with a solution or at least a better understanding of the situation. It will only take a few moments."
User avatar
Amber Dach
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
Posts: 153
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:50 am

Re: Chapter 2: Inscrutable Morning

Post by Amber Dach »

(Rolls held over)
Whisp wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 6:16 am "Hey, before we blow this up, do you mind if I take a quick look at it? I should be able to figure out how this thing operates and come up with a solution or at least a better understanding of the situation. It will only take a few moments."
Amber suspicion is aroused. So, they don’t know anything about the case and now they think they can just pop it open and make everything better? Very convenient. She doesn’t make any move to stop them, but is ready at the first inkling of deceit to hit them with a Bio-Manipulation (Paralysis). She puts up a finger to indicate that she needs a moment.

She sends a message to Susan over their secure channel. "I don’t trust this Whisp. First, they don’t know what is in the case. Now they think they can open it up and make everything better. Very suspicious to me. Be ready in case of deceit. I’ll give you warning if I sense anything dangerous about to happen. I’m going to give them the go ahead to try to open the case, but I don’t know how Eight will react. He seems to be in murder bot mode."

Amber keeps herself outwardly calm, but is ready if there is any trickery. She shrugs as she says, “It’s fine with me to try to open it, but Eight is the one that has the final say and honestly, they don't seem to be willing to negotiate.” Without Jez here, we can't stop Eight if he wants to do anything anyway. We need to work on that if we are going to bring the Creator down. Or maybe we can subvert that somehow and turn him to our side. They seem to be almost nice when off the leash from their loyalty programming.

She looks around casually out of the corners of her eye for any cover she can dive into, if the case explodes. She trusts that her danger sense will warn her of any impeding danger. (OCC: She will also warn Susan if she senses danger.)
Amber Dach

Current Conditions
Conditions
P.P.E.: 33/33
I.S.P.: 150/150
H.P.: 33/33
S.D.C.: 87/87

TX-26 Particle Beam Pistol: 15/15 shots remaining (FSE-clip)
Crystal Deflector Gauntlet: 15/15 melee round charges remaining
Image
User avatar
Jerrick Vincent
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon May 09, 2022 6:09 am

Re: Chapter 2: Inscrutable Morning

Post by Jerrick Vincent »

Whisp wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 6:16 am
"Hey, before we blow this up, do you mind if I take a quick look at it? I should be able to figure out how this thing operates and come up with a solution or at least a better understanding of the situation. It will only take a few moments."
I am in the middle of nowhere. I have no idea how to get back to MercTown, and I am currently surrounded by a group that includes an obvious Crazy, and heavily armed people of varying levels of perceived stability. Maybe if I help them they will help me get back to MercTown

Jerrick Looks the case over. “If you let me hold the case for a few minutes, I can tell you just about anything you need to know without opening it. That would probably help avoid any unwanted consequences of opening the case. If I succeed, your case related questions are answered and the only thing I ask is transport back to MercTown. Would ‘Eight’, is it, object?”, he inquired.

Other Rolls Carried Over
——————————————
Object Read Rolls If Applicable
If they let him hold the case. He will do Object Read.
10 I.S.P. For past read and Present Read
Time: 2d6: [2, 6] = 8 minutes.
Result: 1d100<61: [36*] = 1
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 274
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: Chapter 2: Inscrutable Morning

Post by Susan Lee »

Perception: 1d100: [83] = 83 / 41%
JIC: 1d100: [61] = 61 / 1d20: [12] = 12

CONDITIONS: NF40A integrated into armor (160 MDC) Active; 2xNF20A on Northern Gun Drones (75 MDC) Active; See Invisible; Radar from Naruni Armor (always active along with suit)

Susan: -60 MDC shields. - 6 bursts [ammo].
Drone 1: -20 MDC shields. - 4 burst [ammo].
Drone 2: -30 MDC shields - 4 burst [ammo].
Amber Dach wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 8:28 am She sends a message to Susan over their secure channel. "I don’t trust this Whisp. First, they don’t know what is in the case. Now they think they can open it up and make everything better. Very suspicious to me. Be ready in case of deceit. I’ll give you warning if I sense anything dangerous about to happen. I’m going to give them the go ahead to try to open the case, but I don’t know how Eight will react. He seems to be in murder bot mode."
[/i]
"..."
Susan ignores the new crazy. "You want him to get out of his armor to fix a leg? Do you want him dead? Idiot."

She responds to Amber.
"Currently I only trust the man who fell from a bush. One is talking to explosives and one is carting around the communications blocker creating this entire crisis."

She pauses.

"I'm glad you're the only one carrying a safety token."


Out loud, Susan says, "Unless you have a supernatural way of controlling the suitcase, I recommend destruction as per Eight's proscription. I doubt I need to have the babies back-target it, but it's on the table."

To Eight, she adds, "How many shots does it take to get to the center of a Hartigan-pop?"
It's DNA, all the way down./Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
Image
User avatar
Amber Dach
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
Posts: 153
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:50 am

Re: Chapter 2: Inscrutable Morning

Post by Amber Dach »

(Rolls held over)
Susan Lee wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 2:44 pm She responds to Amber.
"Currently I only trust the man who fell from a bush. One is talking to explosives and one is carting around the communications blocker creating this entire crisis."

She pauses.

"I'm glad you're the only one carrying a safety token."
Amber keeps her body language neutral, but inwardly she is agreeing with Susan's assessment of the situation. I'm happy that we are in agreement with these newbies. "You speak the truth as always, Susan. Although I wouldn't bet against the man that was in the bushes having a concussion to go with his injured leg. He seems to be helpful at least, even though we didn't ask for any assistance."
Susan Lee wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 2:44 pm Out loud, Susan says, "Unless you have a supernatural way of controlling the suitcase, I recommend destruction as per Eight's proscription. I doubt I need to have the babies back-target it, but it's on the table."

To Eight, she adds, "How many shots does it take to get to the center of a Hartigan-pop?"
Amber chuckles to herself. She's always trying to test Eight's AI. Although, I don't think he is listening right now. Amber continues to keep her ready for whatever happens to the case
Amber Dach

Current Conditions
Conditions
P.P.E.: 33/33
I.S.P.: 150/150
H.P.: 33/33
S.D.C.: 87/87

TX-26 Particle Beam Pistol: 15/15 shots remaining (FSE-clip)
Crystal Deflector Gauntlet: 15/15 melee round charges remaining
Image
User avatar
Whisp
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:20 pm

Re: Chapter 2: Inscrutable Morning

Post by Whisp »

Constant Conditions: Extended Presence Sense (35'), Sense Supernatural Evil and Magic Energy (300'/1,000'), Radiate Nature (12'/100'), Six Sense
Whisp wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 6:16 am Preception: 21% / 1d100: [67] = 67
JIC: 1d20 / 1d20: [16] = 16
JIC: 1d100 / 1d100: [87] = 87
Susan Lee wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 2:44 pmOut loud, Susan says, "Unless you have a supernatural way of controlling the suitcase, I recommend destruction as per Eight's proscription. I doubt I need to have the babies back-target it, but it's on the table."


"Not total control but I can at least get a full understanding of what its function is and how it operates with my Telemechanics. Also if there is anything electrical I can turn it on or off, with my electrokinesis. I won't be able to manipulate it physically. It's your call as I don't think my job can be completed as anticipated. Besides, the sooner we can get moving the better I'd feel. A bit too exposed out here for my liking."

If this is a set up, then we probably should blow it up but then if they're able to back target it, I might be able to get a chance to find out who they are for once. I first got to worry about gaining their trust. I wouldn't trust me if I was them. Let's see where this lead to and then we'll just play it by ear.
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 274
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: Chapter 2: Inscrutable Morning

Post by Susan Lee »

Whisp wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 7:29 am "Not total control but I can at least get a full understanding of what its function is and how it operates with my Telemechanics. Also if there is anything electrical I can turn it on or off, with my electrokinesis. I won't be able to manipulate it physically. It's your call as I don't think my job can be completed as anticipated. Besides, the sooner we can get moving the better I'd feel. A bit too exposed out here for my liking."
Susan's entire attitude immediately changes. "Oh, you DO have supernatural means of control. Yes, if you can get a quick read on it, then neutralize as confirmed by Eight and, uh, myself, that should be very helpful."

She looks at Jerrick again and considers Amber's point about the concussion. "If you can do psychic healing to at least stabilize this new person, that would also be useful unless he has some kind of regeneration of his own."

Turning to Jerrick, she says, "Can you regenerate? It's extremely dangerous to get out of armor in a combat zone."
It's DNA, all the way down./Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
Image
User avatar
Jerrick Vincent
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon May 09, 2022 6:09 am

Re: Chapter 2: Inscrutable Morning

Post by Jerrick Vincent »

She looks at Jerrick again and considers Amber's point about the concussion. "If you can do psychic healing to at least stabilize this new person, that would also be useful unless he has some kind of regeneration of his own."

Turning to Jerrick, she says, "Can you regenerate? It's extremely dangerous to get out of armor in a combat zone."
This Susan, is obviously in charge.
“Telemechanics would be more apropos to the situation at hand. As for healing I can’t heal myself per se, but I may be able to repair some damage after I identify whether or not I actually have a concussion and see what other injuries I may have.” He leans against the hover vehicle and slows his breathing until he seems completely calm and serene. He holds his hands a bit away from his chest. What appears to be distortions of visible light begin appearing to radiate from his hands, then grow and envelope his body. After 7 minutes he seems to leave the trance like state. He then states “No concussion. But I do have a sprain of the hip. Let me sit down. If we can stabilize it I should be ok. Or if one of you has a quicker method I am down.” He looks at the group darting between the members of the group for an indication of one of them has an instant fix. God I hope one of them has something to save time.
Trance Length Roll
2d4: [3, 4] = 7
User avatar
Amber Dach
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
Posts: 153
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:50 am

Re: Chapter 2: Inscrutable Morning

Post by Amber Dach »

(Rolls held over)
Susan Lee wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 9:11 am Susan's entire attitude immediately changes. "Oh, you DO have supernatural means of control. Yes, if you can get a quick read on it, then neutralize as confirmed by Eight and, uh, myself, that should be very helpful."
Amber nods “Well, if you had said you were going to use psychic abilities to assess the case, so be it. Like I said before, ultimately the decision is Eight’s to make.” I could have done that myself, but I really don’t care what's in the case. I would have been more than happy to let Eight destroy the damned thing and get on with what we came here to do.

Susan Lee wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 9:11 am She looks at Jerrick again and considers Amber's point about the concussion. "If you can do psychic healing to at least stabilize this new person, that would also be useful unless he has some kind of regeneration of his own."
Turning to Jerrick, she says, "Can you regenerate? It's extremely dangerous to get out of armor in a combat zone."
Jerrick Vincent wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 9:42 am He then states “No concussion. But I do have a sprain of the hip. Let me sit down. If we can stabilize it I should be ok. Or if one of you has a quicker method I am down.” He looks at the group darting between the members of the group for an indication of one of them has an instant fix. God I hope one of them has something to save time.
Amber sighs, as she is getting a little impatient to get on with the mission. Mental note. Purchase some kind of magical healing to deal with these things. “I can speed the process enough to get you moving, stranger, but that’s about it. I don’t usually offer this to people that haven’t introduced themselves at least.” If he introduces himself, she will off her name in return. "I'm Amber." She will say curtly.

As she kneels down beside Jerrick, she says to Susan. "Keep an eye on Whisp while I’m in my trance, please. Break my trance if you need to."

Once she is ready, she says to Jerrick. “Breath deeply and relax.” She takes her own advice and takes a deep breath in as she concentrate her mind into the healing ritual. As the ritual progresses, she feels the warmth building in her hands as the healing energy begins to coalesce. She reaches out with her fingertips and touches Jerrick’s injured hip. She releases the warmth into his body, knitting the damaged muscles back together.

Once the trance is complete, she says. “That should be a bit better. Test it out slowly.”

Healing Jerrick
Healing Touch on Jerrick. Heals for either 2d4: [4, 1] = 5 Hit Points or 2d6: [1, 2] = 3 S.D.C. whichever is most appropriate. Trance takes 2 minutes, -6 I.S.P.
(OOC - sorry about the extra rolls on the post here)
Dice rolls
1d100: [15] = 15
1d20: [17] = 17
1d100: [39] = 39
1d100: [96] = 96
1d100: [96] = 96
1d100: [57] = 57
1d100: [16] = 16
1d100: [4] = 4
1d100: [55] = 55
1d100: [25] = 25
1d4+3: [3]+3 = 6
Amber Dach

Current Conditions
Conditions
P.P.E.: 33/33
I.S.P.: 150/150
H.P.: 33/33
S.D.C.: 87/87

TX-26 Particle Beam Pistol: 15/15 shots remaining (FSE-clip)
Crystal Deflector Gauntlet: 15/15 melee round charges remaining
Image
User avatar
Jerrick Vincent
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon May 09, 2022 6:09 am

Re: Chapter 2: Inscrutable Morning

Post by Jerrick Vincent »

Amber Dach wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 6:11 pm
Amber sighs, as she is getting a little impatient to get on with the mission. Mental note. Purchase some kind of magical healing to deal with these things. “I can speed the process enough to get you moving, stranger, but that’s about it. I don’t usually offer this to people that haven’t introduced themselves at least.” If he introduces himself, she will off her name in return. "I'm Amber." She will say curtly.
“I am Jerrick Vincent. Pleasure to meet you. Wish it was under better circumstances. Get me moving and I will keep up.” Who are these people? They seem highly trained in what appears to be a mission that became a shit show. No matter what I cannot slow them down. If she gets me limping I will limp faster than I ever have in my life.
Amber Dach wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 6:11 pm Once she is ready, she says to Jerrick. “Breath deeply and relax.” She takes her own advice and takes a deep breath in as she concentrate her mind into the healing ritual. As the ritual progresses, she feels the warmth building in her hands as the healing energy begins to coalesce. She reaches out with her fingertips and touches Jerrick’s injured hip. She releases the warmth into his body, knitting the damaged muscles back together.

Jerrick begins relaxing and breathing deeply entering an almost trance like state himself, doing his best to open up to the healing.
Amber Dach wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 6:11 pm Once the trance is complete, she says. “That should be a bit better. Test it out slowly.”
He stands slowly. “Thank you, I owe you.”. He begins testing it slowly to see what his mobility will be like. Waiting to see how it holds up.
User avatar
Aegis of No Retreat
Assistant Game Master
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2022 1:48 pm

Re: Chapter 2: Inscrutable Morning

Post by Aegis of No Retreat »

Current Conditions wrote:Location: Naruni "Logistical Supply Depot"
Time/Date: 11:20:00am LMT | ~Jan 25th
Environmental Conditions: 28°F (-2.2°C); Chilly, clear morning with wisps of high altitude clouds.
[Everyone]
As GIRLS are saddled with two problems at the same time, the question of which takes more immediate priority: murder-bot Eight, intent on suitcase-destruction, or injured fella in a bush... quickly resolves itself.
Whisp wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 6:16 am"Hey, before we blow this up, do you mind if I take a quick look at it? I should be able to figure out how this thing operates and come up with a solution or at least a better understanding of the situation. It will only take a few moments."
Whisp gingerly snatches the jamming suitcase, holding it up at chest level as she explains her intentions and focuses her mental energies on divining the device's secrets via telemechanics. She sees a clear diagram in her mind's eye. The device is encapsulated within the heavily reinforced MDC suitcase. It seems that the majority of the mass of the suitcase is in fact built into the structure and shock absorbing elements to minimize damage to the precious jamming electronics.

In fact, the locks on the exterior serve no functional purpose, but instead is a red herring for individuals trying to pry open the device to waste their time on. Instead, the suitcase doesn't even open in a clamshell form. It consists of a single contiguous MDC surface mold-shaped into a suitcase with what appears to be a hidden cavity near the wheel base. The actual jamming device hiding there is small, about the size of an e-clip. Whisp prepares to alter her psychic energies to further investigate when, in an instant, she loses all connection with the device she is trying to telemechanically understand.

Looking down, her mind cannot believe her eyes. Between her splayed hands, where the suitcase used to be, is... nothing. Only the quixotic visage of Eight, striking a hero-pose, lunged forward with two robotic fingers outstretched and pointing at her chest, stopped where the object used to be. Tiny tendrils of, dust or ash dissipate with the next gentle breeze.

For everyone else, the scene unfolds with equal helpings of mystery and terror. Eight, with solitary focus and purpose, strode up to Whisp, holding the suitcase up at chest level, similar to a wooden board in preparation to be broken by a karate punch or kick. And in a manner eerily identical to what some of the more senior GIRLS have seen from Jez, lunges at the object, channeling some manner of unbidden power and, in an instant, vaporizing the suitcase without transferring any excess kinetic energy.

The effect afterward is immediate and overwhelming. The comms come to life with a cacophony of chatter, noise, and pleas for help.

With communication re-established, the red light at the center of Eight's chest glows with bright intensity. Without another word, the Naruni 'bot dashes off at incredible speed, straight toward the center of the depot.

During the time it takes for Jerrick to diagnose and repair his injury, Amber is able to lend her psychic energies to healing also. Everyone else is able to leisurely flip through the established radio channels to eavesdrop on the goings-ons of the defenders.

The story is not assuring. Many of the mercenaries hired to reinforce are in a worse situation than Phinneas, Jiquo and the others. Defenders inside the compound report breaches and sound as if they keep losing ground, falling back to rendezvous locations deeper and deeper inside. Repo-bot counts continue to decline. With an ominous message hidden in the chatter suggesting that the attackers may have acquired what they were looking for.
Defender Comms wrote:"Holding cells breached. Power fluctuations in zero-niner-niner. They are after The Architect! Initiating self-destru... <static>"
GIRLS look on to see the depot fully intact, not self-destructed.

The squad finds themselves at a crossroad.
  • Continue the fight.
  • Find that discretion is the better part of valor.
User avatar
Amber Dach
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
Posts: 153
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:50 am

Re: Chapter 2: Inscrutable Morning

Post by Amber Dach »

Perception: 42% = 1d100: [81] = 81 (+5% on Perception Rolls regarding vampires and the undead)
JiC: 1d20: [16] = 16 | 1d100: [53] = 53

Skills Rolls
Intelligence 53% = 1d100: [58] = 58 (assessing what she just saw Eight do)
Lore: Dimensions 50% = 1d100: [19] = 19 (checking memory to see if she has heard of The Architect)
Charm/Impress: 55% = 1d100: [9] = 9
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 70% = 1d100: [90] = 90
Constant/Active Conditions
Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense: Range 180’
Sense Supernatural Evil & Sense Magic Energy: Range 300’
Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy
o Identify Type/Race of Paranormal Creature: 80% = 1d100: [1] = 1
o Track by Psychic Scent: 70% = 1d100: [35] = 35 (82% if supernatural being is also using magic)
Sense the Presence of Vampires and Vampire Intelligence: Range: 1000' radius
Recognize Vampires Recognize Vampires by Appearance (special): 50% = 1d100: [48] = 48 (+10% bonus to recognize Secondary Vampires, +30% bonus to recognize Wild Vampires. -30% skill penalty to recognize Master Vampires).
Sense Rifts and Ley Lines: Senses Ley Lines up to 5 miles away, a nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away.
See the Invisible: 200’

Alter Aura to change her aura in the following ways:
• The general level of experience can be made to seem much higher ( 1d4+3: [3]+3 = 6 levels higher) than it really is.
• Conceal the I.S.P. levels to be show them to be minimal (like a minor psychic).
• Conceal the presence of magic.
Alter Aura will last for 8 hours. 6.25 hours remaining. Costs 2 I.S.P.
Jerrick Vincent wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 9:23 pm
“I am Jerrick Vincent. Pleasure to meet you. Wish it was under better circumstances. Get me moving and I will keep up.”

He stands slowly. “Thank you, I owe you.”. He begins testing it slowly to see what his mobility will be like. Waiting to see how it holds up.
Amber acknowledges Jerrick's greeting in a more friendly manner after she completes her Healing Touch. "Yes, nice to meet as well, Jerrick. You are welcome." She quickly pivots her attention back to Eight and the manifestation of his new ability.
Aegis of No Retreat wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:48 am Looking down, her mind cannot believe her eyes. Between her splayed hands, where the suitcase used to be, is... nothing. Only the quixotic visage of Eight, striking a hero-pose, lunged forward with two robotic fingers outstretched and pointing at her chest, stopped where the object used to be. Tiny tendrils of, dust or ash dissipate with the next gentle breeze.
For everyone else, the scene unfolds with equal helpings of mystery and terror. Eight, with solitary focus and purpose, strode up to Whisp, holding the suitcase up at chest level, similar to a wooden board in preparation to be broken by a karate punch or kick. And in a manner eerily identical to what some of the more senior GIRLS have seen from Jez, lunges at the object, channeling some manner of unbidden power and, in an instant, vaporizing the suitcase without transferring any excess kinetic energy.
Amber’s jaw drops as she stares at Eight in disbelief. Her attention is drawn fully to what she just witnessed. She looks quickly over at Susan to see her reaction to make sure that she saw the same thing she just did. How the in the Gods did they do that? Is Eight now able to absorb abilities that they witness or come into contact with? An involuntary shiver goes down her spine as she considers the ramifications of what she just observed. What a scary thought!

She sends a private secure message to Susan. "Did you just see that?? That was the same thing Jez can do, right? We REALLY need to talk about this privately when we are done here, ‘cause it raises some interesting and frightening questions. I think we need to find Jez now that the jamming is down and get her input on this too.”

With the comms coming back to life, she refocuses her attention on the base and what is happening there.
Defender Comms wrote:"Holding cells breached. Power fluctuations in zero-niner-niner. They are after The Architect! Initiating self-destru... <static>"
Amber doesn’t recognize the name offhand. Hmm, ‘The Architect’ sounds like a pompous Naruni title like ‘The Creator’. She begins to ask Eight who it is, when he takes off towards the compound. "I guess those questions can wait for now." She muses.
Last edited by Amber Dach on Sun Jun 05, 2022 5:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Amber Dach

Current Conditions
Conditions
P.P.E.: 33/33
I.S.P.: 150/150
H.P.: 33/33
S.D.C.: 87/87

TX-26 Particle Beam Pistol: 15/15 shots remaining (FSE-clip)
Crystal Deflector Gauntlet: 15/15 melee round charges remaining
Image
User avatar
Phinneas_Graves
Posts: 29
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:29 am

Re: Chapter 2: Inscrutable Morning

Post by Phinneas_Graves »

Perception: 30% | 1d100: [80] = 80
JIC: 1d20: [13] = 13 | 1d100: [47] = 47

Constant Conditions:
Special Abilities
1. Super Endurance: Can lift and carry twice as much as a normal person of equivalent Strength and Endurance, and can last 10 times longer before feeling effect of exhaustion. Can remain alert and operate at full efficiency for up to 3 days (72 hours) without sleep. Needs only 4 hours of sleep to function at full capacity.
2. Increased Strength: Falls under "Augmented" category.
3. Increased Speed: Can leap 20 ft across and 15 high after a short run (half the distance from a dead stop).
4. Heightened Reflexes and Agility: Exceptional Balance and Grace.
5. Enhanced Senses:
Enhanced Vision: Character has perfect 20/20 vision and exceptional long range vision; can read a small sign or recognize a face from up to 2 miles away when he concentrates; must have line of sight.
Enhanced Hearing: Can hear a whisper or a twig snap up to 3oo ft away. Acute hearing gives an Automatic Dodge on ALL attacks; even from behind and surprise attacks. Does NOT use up a melee attack. Normal dodge bonuses do not apply, but P.P. bonuses do.
Enhanced sense of smell: Character can instantly recognize odors (01-65%), recognize a person by scent like a dog (01-25%), and even track by smell (01-30%), provided the sent is not more than 2 hours old.
Enhanced sense of taste: Can taste for a specific flavor, discern specific ingredients and tell if a drink or food has been poisoned, drugged or spoiled. Chance for detection (01-55%), +20% if the chemical has a telltale taste or odor to begin with.
Enhanced sense of touch: Character recognizes very slight differences in textures by touch. Adds 10% to all skills that require a delicate touch such as Art, Demolitions, Palming, Pick Pockets, Pick Locks, Electronics, etc.
6. Enhanced Healing: Heals two times faster than normal. Virtually impervious to pain, no amount of pain will impair the Crazy until he is down to 10 HP or less. At that point the warrior will realize his condition and start to feel the effects of his injuries. However, the Crazy can go into an intense meditative trance that will induce Bio-Regeneration, healing damage in moments.
7. Crazies Bio-Regeneration: The Crazy must stop to slip into a meditative trance. While in the trance, he is completely helpless and cannot move or take any action. All of his concentration is being forced into an accelerated bio-feedback program that will restore 2D6 HP and 3D6 S.D.C., stops bleeding, and closes wounds in 2D4 minutes. An extended period of Crazies' Bio-Regeneration, over a period of 6 hours, will restore all S.D.C. and an additional 4D6 HP.

Phinneas is slack-jawed as he witnesses Eight vaporize the suitcase in Whisp's hands. He remembers Amber telling Eight not to do anything until everyone was clear and is slightly uneasy at the sudden destruction point blank in front of Whisp. What have we gotten ourselves into? As the ashes flutter away, he says,

"You guys had THAT this whole time?! Where was THAT when that convoy was still around?!"

As Eight speeds off towards the depot, Phinneas looks to Amber, "I guess Mr Robot finally decided to join the game. I'm wondering what other tricks he can do. He took off pretty fast. Is there gonna be anything left in there by the time we catch up? Or should we just start looking for all those cred sticks i mentioned earlier?"

Combat rolls

Initiative: 1d20+2: [14]+2 = 16


Ranged combat:
Action 1: Strike w/NG-R50: 1d20: [2] = 2   | Damage 1: 4d6: [3, 4, 4, 5] = 16
Action 2: Strike w/NG-R50: 1d20: [7] = 7  | Damage 2: 4d6: [3, 4, 2, 1] = 10
Action 3: Strike w/NG-R50: 1d20: [17] = 17 | Damage 3: 4d6: [6, 2, 4, 1] = 13
Action 4: Strike w/NG-R50: 1d20: [5] = 5 | Damage 4: 4d6: [3, 2, 3, 2] = 10

Melee combat:
Action 1: Strike w/NE-RV07: 1d20+2: [12]+2 = 14  | Damage 1: 4d6: [5, 3, 4, 4] = 16
Action 2: Strike w/NE-RV07: 1d20+2: [8]+2 = 10  | Damage 2: 4d6: [1, 1, 1, 5] = 8
Action 3: Strike w/NE-RV07: 1d20+2: [2]+2 = 4  | Damage 3: 4d6: [2, 1, 1, 3] = 7
Action 4: Strike w/NE-RV07: 1d20+2: [6]+2 = 8  | Damage 4: 4d6: [2, 3, 3, 4] = 12

Auto Dodges: 1d20+1: [19]+1 = 20 1d20+1: [10]+1 = 11 1d20+1: [6]+1 = 7 1d20+1: [3]+1 = 4
Phinneas Graves
Current stats
S.D.C. 134/126
M.D.C. 110/98
P.P.E. 21/21
Ammo: 192/188
User avatar
Jerrick Vincent
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon May 09, 2022 6:09 am

Re: Chapter 2: Inscrutable Morning

Post by Jerrick Vincent »

Perception 31%: d100<31: [10*] = 1
JIC d100: d100: [40] = 40
JIC d20: d20: [6] = 6

Jerrick is still acclimating to his hobble after the healing provided by Amber. He is really focused on that, when Eight disables the case, and comms explode.
Defender Comms wrote:"Holding cells breached. Power fluctuations in zero-niner-niner. They are after The Architect! Initiating self-destru... <static>"
He startles and jumps. That message indicates that the mission is in danger if not FUBAR. He learned that term from his father. They seem to have been hit hard maybe even taken some casualties. I can’t imagine having fought so hard and then having to stare at potential defeat. There are only two options. They need all the help they can get to have a chance to turn the tide. I will help them evacuate or fight, whichever they choose.

Jerrick stops the stress test of his leg. He is slower and slightly worse for wear, but he has done more with less.He takes out his Pistol. Checks it, then holsters it.

”Whatever you guys choose to do, you have my complete support. I have some abilities that may be of assistance.”

Bad news Jerrick, you may die. Good news if you succeed, your Resume will be totally buffed for joining that Mercenary group, G.I.R.L.S.
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 274
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: Chapter 2: Inscrutable Morning

Post by Susan Lee »

Perception: 1d100: [83] = 83 / 41%
JIC: 1d100: [66] = 66 / 1d20: [2] = 2

CONDITIONS: NF40A integrated into armor (160 MDC) Active; 2xNF20A on Northern Gun Drones (75 MDC) Active; See Invisible; Radar from Naruni Armor (always active along with suit)

Susan: - 3 bursts [ammo].
Drone 1: - 4 burst [ammo].
Drone 2: - 4 burst [ammo].

When Eight disintegrates the signal blocker, Susan is initially shocked. And then she just starts laughing. "Haaaaa! The look on your face, invisible stranger! Ohhh science! You had such plans!"

It would have been useful to have something that could block our employer's signals, but this is a great runner-up prize.
Amber Dach wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:12 pm She sends a private secure message to Susan. "Did you just see that?? That was the same thing Jez can do, right? We REALLY need to talk about this privately when we are done here, ‘cause it raises some interesting and frightening questions. I think we need to find Jez now that the jamming is down and get her input on this too.”

With the comms coming back to life, she refocuses her attention on the base and what is happening there.
Defender Comms wrote:"Holding cells breached. Power fluctuations in zero-niner-niner. They are after The Architect! Initiating self-destru... <static>"
Amber doesn’t recognize the name offhand. Hmm, ‘The Architect’ sounds like a pompous Naruni title like ‘The Creator’. She begins to ask Eight who it is, when he takes off towards the compound. "I guess those questions can wait for now." She muses.

Susan answers Amber, "Perhaps it's an unrelated disintegration technology. If Eight truly can copy the abilities of whatever it observes... I have deeply mixed feelings about it. It may mean we can transfer genetic capabilities between species, but it also means Eight is unstoppable. Perhaps we should find something with an Advanced Ethics power. Also, Eight has not demonstrated magic or psionic abilities."

Internally Susan shrugs. "Not enough data. In any case, we need to follow Eight and see if we can retrieve this Architect. Otherwise, I recommend we retreat. We couldn't even handle ONE firing team, we won't be able to make a difference elsewhere."

Susan looks at Amber and the others, then signals the babies to move out towards the compound, waiting to see what Amber decides. "I recommend following Eight and seeing if we can pick off their retrieval team. Otherwise salvage what we can and make a strategic retreat."
It's DNA, all the way down./Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
Image
User avatar
Amber Dach
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
Posts: 153
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:50 am

Re: Chapter 2: Inscrutable Morning

Post by Amber Dach »

(Rolls held over)
Susan Lee wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 7:23 pm Susan answers Amber, "Perhaps it's an unrelated disintegration technology. If Eight truly can copy the abilities of whatever it observes... I have deeply mixed feelings about it. It may mean we can transfer genetic capabilities between species, but it also means Eight is unstoppable. Perhaps we should find something with an Advanced Ethics power. Also, Eight has not demonstrated magic or psionic abilities."
Amber nods as she replies. ”I guess you may be right. I seem to recall some Pre-Rifts writer saying something like, ‘Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.’ So, it may be tech based, just nothing we have ever seen before. I come from a magic-based society, so I immediately think of magic or psionics.” Amber shrugs. “We can deal with that later with more study and observation. But just in case, I’m going to minimize using any of my abilities directly on Eight.”
Susan Lee wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 7:23 pm Internally Susan shrugs. "Not enough data. In any case, we need to follow Eight and see if we can retrieve this Architect. Otherwise, I recommend we retreat. We couldn't even handle ONE firing team, we won't be able to make a difference elsewhere."

Susan looks at Amber and the others, then signals the babies to move out towards the compound, waiting to see what Amber decides. "I recommend following Eight and seeing if we can pick off their retrieval team. Otherwise salvage what we can and make a strategic retreat."
Amber addresses Susan and everyone else present. “I agree with you, Susan. Let’s move closer carefully and see what is going on up there with this ‘Architect’ person. We may not have the firepower, but we have the guile to do the unexpected.”

She looks at the newcomers. “You are welcome to join with us for the time being. If we can help out the Defenders with this ‘Architect’ person, we will. Otherwise, we can salvage what we can and head back to MercTown. Let's try to keep to cover as we move in closer and let’s see how things are ahead. Alright? Let's go!”
Amber Dach

Current Conditions
Conditions
P.P.E.: 33/33
I.S.P.: 150/150
H.P.: 33/33
S.D.C.: 87/87

TX-26 Particle Beam Pistol: 15/15 shots remaining (FSE-clip)
Crystal Deflector Gauntlet: 15/15 melee round charges remaining
Image
User avatar
Phinneas_Graves
Posts: 29
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:29 am

Re: Chapter 2: Inscrutable Morning

Post by Phinneas_Graves »

Perception: 30% | 1d100: [50] = 50
JIC: 1d20: [8] = 8 | 1d100: [57] = 57

Land Navigation: 50% | 1d100: [76] = 76
Detect Ambush: 45% | 1d100: [83] = 83
Prowl: 55% | 1d100: [13] = 13
Constant Conditions:
Special Abilities
1. Super Endurance: Can lift and carry twice as much as a normal person of equivalent Strength and Endurance, and can last 10 times longer before feeling effect of exhaustion. Can remain alert and operate at full efficiency for up to 3 days (72 hours) without sleep. Needs only 4 hours of sleep to function at full capacity.
2. Increased Strength: Falls under "Augmented" category.
3. Increased Speed: Can leap 20 ft across and 15 high after a short run (half the distance from a dead stop).
4. Heightened Reflexes and Agility: Exceptional Balance and Grace.
5. Enhanced Senses:
Enhanced Vision: Character has perfect 20/20 vision and exceptional long range vision; can read a small sign or recognize a face from up to 2 miles away when he concentrates; must have line of sight.
Enhanced Hearing: Can hear a whisper or a twig snap up to 3oo ft away. Acute hearing gives an Automatic Dodge on ALL attacks; even from behind and surprise attacks. Does NOT use up a melee attack. Normal dodge bonuses do not apply, but P.P. bonuses do.
Enhanced sense of smell: Character can instantly recognize odors (01-65%), recognize a person by scent like a dog (01-25%), and even track by smell (01-30%), provided the sent is not more than 2 hours old.
Enhanced sense of taste: Can taste for a specific flavor, discern specific ingredients and tell if a drink or food has been poisoned, drugged or spoiled. Chance for detection (01-55%), +20% if the chemical has a telltale taste or odor to begin with.
Enhanced sense of touch: Character recognizes very slight differences in textures by touch. Adds 10% to all skills that require a delicate touch such as Art, Demolitions, Palming, Pick Pockets, Pick Locks, Electronics, etc.
6. Enhanced Healing: Heals two times faster than normal. Virtually impervious to pain, no amount of pain will impair the Crazy until he is down to 10 HP or less. At that point the warrior will realize his condition and start to feel the effects of his injuries. However, the Crazy can go into an intense meditative trance that will induce Bio-Regeneration, healing damage in moments.
7. Crazies Bio-Regeneration: The Crazy must stop to slip into a meditative trance. While in the trance, he is completely helpless and cannot move or take any action. All of his concentration is being forced into an accelerated bio-feedback program that will restore 2D6 HP and 3D6 S.D.C., stops bleeding, and closes wounds in 2D4 minutes. An extended period of Crazies' Bio-Regeneration, over a period of 6 hours, will restore all S.D.C. and an additional 4D6 HP.

Phinneas slings his Vibro-Axe over his shoulder and gets the rail gun at full ready. Falling into formation, he pays close attention to the surroundings with his enhanced hearing. Given a clearing or an opening in what is being used as cover, he will stop and concentrate with his enhanced vision to make periodic assessments as they approach the facility.

Combat rolls

Initiative: 1d20+2: [7]+2 = 9


Ranged combat:
Action 1: Strike w/NG-R50: 1d20: [13] = 13   | Damage 1: 4d6: [1, 5, 2, 2] = 10
Action 2: Strike w/NG-R50: 1d20: [17] = 17  | Damage 2: 4d6: [4, 4, 4, 2] = 14
Action 3: Strike w/NG-R50: 1d20: [2] = 2 | Damage 3: 4d6: [1, 1, 3, 6] = 11
Action 4: Strike w/NG-R50: 1d20: [16] = 16 | Damage 4: 4d6: [4, 6, 6, 3] = 19

Melee combat:
Action 1: Strike w/NE-RV07: 1d20+4: [8]+4 = 12  | Damage 1: 4d6: [4, 3, 4, 6] = 17
Action 2: Strike w/NE-RV07: 1d20+4: [16]+4 = 20  | Damage 2: 4d6: [4, 2, 2, 1] = 9
Action 3: Strike w/NE-RV07: 1d20+4: [16]+4 = 20  | Damage 3: 4d6: [2, 2, 5, 6] = 15
Action 4: Strike w/NE-RV07: 1d20+4: [12]+4 = 16  | Damage 4: 4d6: [5, 6, 4, 4] = 19

Auto Dodges: 1d20+2: [3]+2 = 5 1d20+2: [14]+2 = 16 1d20+2: [5]+2 = 7 1d20+2: [9]+2 = 11
Phinneas Graves
Current stats
S.D.C. 134/126
M.D.C. 110/98
P.P.E. 21/21
Ammo: 192/188
User avatar
Aegis of No Retreat
Assistant Game Master
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2022 1:48 pm

Re: Chapter 2: Inscrutable Morning

Post by Aegis of No Retreat »

Current Conditions wrote:Location: Naruni "Logistical Supply Depot"
Time/Date: 11:30:00am LMT | ~Jan 25th
Environmental Conditions: 28°F (-2.2°C); Chilly, clear morning with wisps of high altitude clouds.
[Everyone]
Though Eight's display of might and sudden departure toward the combat theatre draws some speculation among the GIRLS, they nonetheless gather their wits about them and start hoofing it toward the Naruni depot in chaos. The lack of a large transport and walking wounded make the travel a bit on the slower side. Still, they are able to cover roughly half the distance in 10 minutes.

While moving, those with advanced optics are able to occasionally gander at Eight's progress one-'bot-assaulting the attacking forces. The 'bot actually manages to catch the rearguard somewhat by surprise (likely due to the fact that Eight is not using any ranged weapons). Eight is able to close into melee while the rearguard simultaneously maneuvers into a tactical withdrawal behind the cover of nearby foliage. Flashes of forcefield-blunted strikes are visible even at the great distance.

Eight appears driven by some manner of singular goal though and fights to penetrate deeper into the attackers' formation, closer to the center of the depot. Attackers' bodies are flung with what appears to be supernatural strength in a cartoonish display akin to a bull charging through a crowd, but are not followed up with any additional blows, so the fallen are quickly able to regain their equilibrium and join their comrades in tracking Eight's progress.

It is noteworthy that though the attackers greatly outnumber the singular robot, Eight is not initially forced to dodge withering hails of weapons-fire. In fact, Eight only encounters weapons-fire sporadically and corresponds with whenever the 'bot is about to barrel through another squad on its way to its destination. Once past, Eight is not chased by weapons-fire from those attackers further away from the depot.

Once in the proximity of the part of the depot where the attackers entered however, things change.

As if the attackers had set up some manner of gladiatorial arena, Eight's brute strength is met with brute strength as some manner of giant (>10 ft tall) bruiser tackles the robot to the ground. Though Eight appears keen to leave the fight and get inside, this time, the robot is harried, harassed, pinned and tossed about. Weapons-fire from those gathered at the periphery intensify anytime Eight gets close to the entrance, driving the 'bot to dodge for cover. One time, Eight even managed to get past, only to collide at the depot entrance from some unseen wall. Eight was then unceremoniously dragged back into melee combat with the bruiser.

Changing tactics, Eight then fights the bruiser, quickly gaining an advantage before the bruiser tags out and another melee specialist takes his place. The injured moving rearward to have his wounds tended to while another harries Eight to keep it from its destination.

This scene repeats itself a few times as GIRLS advances closer to the depot. They find themselves settled at the depot outskirts. Unless they open fire at the attackers, they will not be fired at.

In fact, all the attackers seem to no longer be in 'assault' mode, but rather are in the process of storing their gear for travel. Deployed vehicles are loading up with infantry.

Now that GIRLS are closer, they can more clearly see that the attackers consist of all sorts, technological, alien, psionic and mage-type individuals.

Jerrick notices that a group of 3 individuals dressed in loose garb, but wearing forcefield bandoliers, located at the Eastern flank of the attackers' defensive line (right side of red arc) are gathered in a ritual-type formation, in the midst of some manner of powerful magic. Next to them, bright balls of energy pulse as magic is extracted from the storage balls and channeled into their activity.
2022_06_Map.jpg
User avatar
Jerrick Vincent
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon May 09, 2022 6:09 am

Re: Chapter 2: Inscrutable Morning

Post by Jerrick Vincent »

Perception: d100<31: [7*] = 1
Lore Magic: d100<50: [26*] = 1
Lore Magical Creatures: d100<50: [30*] = 1
JIC: d100: [21] = 21 | d20: [16] = 16
Aegis of No Retreat wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:33 am Jerrick notices that a group of 3 individuals dressed in loose garb, but wearing forcefield bandoliers, located at the Eastern flank of the attackers' defensive line (right side of red arc) are gathered in a ritual-type formation, in the midst of some manner of powerful magic. Next to them, bright balls of energy pulse as magic is extracted from the storage balls and channeled into their activity.
Jerrick immediately looks worried. This can’t be good, WTF could they be summoning?

“Guys!!! They are performing a ritual and I can only assume by the number of soldiers protecting the circle, it isn’t good for us.”

He moves closer and hyper focuses his eyes and attempts to identify the ritual.

His eyes widen. Holy S$&t!!! “I am not sure what your mission here is, and although I have only read about this, I am 99% sure they are opening a dimensional rift.” What in the hell are these people doing opening a rift and what is our plan? “Guys I feel a bit over my head. I am all in but I have no idea what the goal is here, so you tell me what to do I will do it. I am pretty sure nothing good can come from a rift.”
User avatar
Amber Dach
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
Posts: 153
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:50 am

Re: Chapter 2: Inscrutable Morning

Post by Amber Dach »

Perception: 42% = 1d100: [61] = 61 (+5% on Perception Rolls regarding vampires and the undead)
JiC: 1d20: [2] = 2 | 1d100: [19] = 19

Skills Rolls
Intelligence 53% = 1d100: [55] = 55 (assessing current situation)
Lore: Dimensions 50% = 1d100: [44] = 44
Lore: Magic - Base Skill (general knowledge): 45% = 1d100: [63] = 63
Charm/Impress: 55% = 1d100: [95] = 95
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 70% = 1d100: [16] = 16
Constant/Active Conditions
Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense: Range 180’
Sense Supernatural Evil & Sense Magic Energy: Range 300’
Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy
o Identify Type/Race of Paranormal Creature: 80% = 1d100: [94] = 94
o Track by Psychic Scent: 70% = 1d100: [15] = 15 (82% if supernatural being is also using magic)
Sense the Presence of Vampires and Vampire Intelligence: Range: 1000' radius
Recognize Vampires Recognize Vampires by Appearance (special): 50% = 1d100: [84] = 84 (+10% bonus to recognize Secondary Vampires, +30% bonus to recognize Wild Vampires. -30% skill penalty to recognize Master Vampires).
Sense Rifts and Ley Lines: Senses Ley Lines up to 5 miles away, a nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away.
See the Invisible: 200’

Alter Aura to change her aura in the following ways:
• The general level of experience can be made to seem much higher (1d4+3 levels higher) than it really is.
• Conceal the I.S.P. levels to be show them to be minimal (like a minor psychic).
• Conceal the presence of magic.
Alter Aura will last for 8 hours. 6.25 hours remaining. Costs 2 I.S.P.
Aegis of No Retreat wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:33 am As if the attackers had set up some manner of gladiatorial arena, Eight's brute strength is met with brute strength as some manner of giant (>10 ft tall) bruiser tackles the robot to the ground. Though Eight appears keen to leave the fight and get inside, this time, the robot is harried, harassed, pinned and tossed about. Weapons-fire from those gathered at the periphery intensify anytime Eight gets close to the entrance, driving the 'bot to dodge for cover. One time, Eight even managed to get past, only to collide at the depot entrance from some unseen wall. Eight was then unceremoniously dragged back into melee combat with the bruiser.

Changing tactics, Eight then fights the bruiser, quickly gaining an advantage before the bruiser tags out and another melee specialist takes his place. The injured moving rearward to have his wounds tended to while another harries Eight to keep it from its destination.

This scene repeats itself a few times as GIRLS advances closer to the depot. They find themselves settled at the depot outskirts. Unless they open fire at the attackers, they will not be fired at.
Amber shakes her head as Eight is toyed with by the invaders. It’s almost comical. She thinks. Odd that they don’t finish him off though. As professional as these guys have been in their attack, this seems a little pointless. She looks at Susan. “I almost feel sorry for Eight. He looks like a fighter that doesn’t know when to go down.”
Jerrick Vincent wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:06 pm Jerrick immediately looks worried. This can’t be good, WTF could they be summoning?

“Guys!!! They are performing a ritual and I can only assume by the number of soldiers protecting the circle, it isn’t good for us.”

He moves closer and hyper focuses his eyes and attempts to identify the ritual.

His eyes widen. Holy S$&t!!! “I am not sure what your mission here is, and although I have only read about this, I am 99% sure they are opening a dimensional rift.” What in the hell are these people doing opening a rift and what is our plan? “Guys I feel a bit over my head. I am all in but I have no idea what the goal is here, so you tell me what to do I will do it. I am pretty sure nothing good can come from a rift.”
Although Amber isn’t adept at magic, she immediately recognizes what the rift being opened is for. He seems a bit excitable. He must not be used to dimensional travel like I am. “Ease up, Jerrick. I’m pretty sure that the Rift they are opening is for getting them out of here. If my memory serves me, they are from the Three Galaxy region, which is a long, long way from here. If anything pops out of it, they’ll have to deal with it first.”

She shrugs, “Anyway, I really don’t see much in the way of options. Unless you have a nuke or a Spell of Legend up your sleeve, we can’t do much to stop them. If we do disrupt the spell, we’ll have a company of Special Forces sitting here without a way to egress from the area. I’m guessing that would piss them off. I’m open to any ideas though, as long as they won’t get us killed.”

She will pause to let the others have a say and then add. “Since our mission was only to repel the invaders and since they are leaving, I think our job is done. I say let them leave. Once we get our payment, we can head back to MercTown. I hope they are giving us a ride back too.”

As she continues to watch the spell ritual being cast she thinks about what to do in the meantime. Maybe I should head back towards where the pods were dropped and see if there is anything salvageable there from the downed pods. Maybe there is a hovercycle. I could really use a vehicle. She pauses in her thought. My goodness. Am I turning into a true mercenary already??? That wouldn’t have crossed my mind a month ago.
Amber Dach

Current Conditions
Conditions
P.P.E.: 33/33
I.S.P.: 150/150
H.P.: 33/33
S.D.C.: 87/87

TX-26 Particle Beam Pistol: 15/15 shots remaining (FSE-clip)
Crystal Deflector Gauntlet: 15/15 melee round charges remaining
Image
User avatar
Jerrick Vincent
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon May 09, 2022 6:09 am

Re: Chapter 2: Inscrutable Morning

Post by Jerrick Vincent »

Amber Dach wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:18 pm “Ease up, Jerrick. I’m pretty sure that the Rift they are opening is for getting them out of here. If my memory serves me, they are from the Three Galaxy region, which is a long, long way from here. If anything pops out of it, they’ll have to deal with it first.”

She shrugs, “Anyway, I really don’t see much in the way of options. Unless you have a nuke or a Spell of Legend up your sleeve, we can’t do much to stop them. If we do disrupt the spell, we’ll have a company of Special Forces sitting here without a way to egress from the area. I’m guessing that would piss them off. I’m open to any ideas though, as long as they won’t get us killed.”

She will pause to let the others have a say and then add. “Since our mission was only to repel the invaders and since they are leaving, I think our job is done. I say let them leave. Once we get our payment, we can head back to MercTown. I hope they are giving us a ride back too.”
Jerrick breathes an audible sigh of relief. After falling from the sky and meeting these strangers in what appears to be a considerable battle, I am not sure I am ready for his first rift and D-Bee encounter. With a a voice of shaky confidence he says “Well if you needed me to fight I would of done what you asked, but I agree discretion is the better part of valor. Let’s let them go and see if we can retrieve this Eight. Then we can return to MercTown.”
User avatar
Phinneas_Graves
Posts: 29
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:29 am

Re: Chapter 2: Inscrutable Morning

Post by Phinneas_Graves »

Perception: 30% | 1d100: [24] = 24
JIC: 1d20: [1] = 1 | 1d100: [79] = 79

Land Navigation: 50% | 1d100: [29] = 29
Detect Ambush: 45% | 1d100: [81] = 81
Prowl: 55% | 1d100: [6] = 6
Constant Conditions:
Special Abilities
1. Super Endurance: Can lift and carry twice as much as a normal person of equivalent Strength and Endurance, and can last 10 times longer before feeling effect of exhaustion. Can remain alert and operate at full efficiency for up to 3 days (72 hours) without sleep. Needs only 4 hours of sleep to function at full capacity.
2. Increased Strength: Falls under "Augmented" category.
3. Increased Speed: Can leap 20 ft across and 15 high after a short run (half the distance from a dead stop).
4. Heightened Reflexes and Agility: Exceptional Balance and Grace.
5. Enhanced Senses:
Enhanced Vision: Character has perfect 20/20 vision and exceptional long range vision; can read a small sign or recognize a face from up to 2 miles away when he concentrates; must have line of sight.
Enhanced Hearing: Can hear a whisper or a twig snap up to 3oo ft away. Acute hearing gives an Automatic Dodge on ALL attacks; even from behind and surprise attacks. Does NOT use up a melee attack. Normal dodge bonuses do not apply, but P.P. bonuses do.
Enhanced sense of smell: Character can instantly recognize odors (01-65%), recognize a person by scent like a dog (01-25%), and even track by smell (01-30%), provided the sent is not more than 2 hours old.
Enhanced sense of taste: Can taste for a specific flavor, discern specific ingredients and tell if a drink or food has been poisoned, drugged or spoiled. Chance for detection (01-55%), +20% if the chemical has a telltale taste or odor to begin with.
Enhanced sense of touch: Character recognizes very slight differences in textures by touch. Adds 10% to all skills that require a delicate touch such as Art, Demolitions, Palming, Pick Pockets, Pick Locks, Electronics, etc.
6. Enhanced Healing: Heals two times faster than normal. Virtually impervious to pain, no amount of pain will impair the Crazy until he is down to 10 HP or less. At that point the warrior will realize his condition and start to feel the effects of his injuries. However, the Crazy can go into an intense meditative trance that will induce Bio-Regeneration, healing damage in moments.
7. Crazies Bio-Regeneration: The Crazy must stop to slip into a meditative trance. While in the trance, he is completely helpless and cannot move or take any action. All of his concentration is being forced into an accelerated bio-feedback program that will restore 2D6 HP and 3D6 S.D.C., stops bleeding, and closes wounds in 2D4 minutes. An extended period of Crazies' Bio-Regeneration, over a period of 6 hours, will restore all S.D.C. and an additional 4D6 HP.
The scene unfolding in front of the group pulls at Phinneas. Even after seeing Eight now getting bounced around after the robot's initial path of destruction, his instincts want him to charge in and fight, and he is barely holding back for the sake of his wary new companions.

Phinneas looks to Amber, "So.........we're gonna let your robot buddy out there just get bounced around until they open the rift? How long does that take? Think he's gonna survive?"

Combat rolls

Initiative: 1d20+2: [9]+2 = 11


Ranged combat:
Action 1: Strike w/NG-R50: 1d20: [12] = 12   | Damage 1: 4d6: [6, 2, 6, 6] = 20
Action 2: Strike w/NG-R50: 1d20: [16] = 16  | Damage 2: 4d6: [2, 6, 1, 6] = 15
Action 3: Strike w/NG-R50: 1d20: [11] = 11 | Damage 3: 4d6: [5, 1, 2, 4] = 12
Action 4: Strike w/NG-R50: 1d20: [14] = 14 | Damage 4: 4d6: [2, 4, 1, 1] = 8

Melee combat:
Action 1: Strike w/NE-RV07: 1d20+4: [1]+4 = 5  | Damage 1: 4d6: [4, 6, 6, 5] = 21
Action 2: Strike w/NE-RV07: 1d20+4: [11]+4 = 15  | Damage 2: 4d6: [5, 2, 2, 1] = 10
Action 3: Strike w/NE-RV07: 1d20+4: [14]+4 = 18  | Damage 3: 4d6: [2, 3, 5, 2] = 12
Action 4: Strike w/NE-RV07: 1d20+4: [4]+4 = 8  | Damage 4: 4d6: [2, 6, 3, 2] = 13

Auto Dodges: 1d20+2: [7]+2 = 9 1d20+2: [5]+2 = 7 1d20+2: [2]+2 = 4 1d20+2: [8]+2 = 10
Last edited by Phinneas_Graves on Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Phinneas Graves
Current stats
S.D.C. 134/126
M.D.C. 110/98
P.P.E. 21/21
Ammo: 192/188
User avatar
Amber Dach
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
Posts: 153
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:50 am

Re: Chapter 2: Inscrutable Morning

Post by Amber Dach »

(Rolls held over)
Jerrick Vincent wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:30 pm Jerrick breathes an audible sigh of relief. After falling from the sky and meeting these strangers in what appears to be a considerable battle, I am not sure I am ready for his first rift and D-Bee encounter. With a a voice of shaky confidence he says “Well if you needed me to fight I would of done what you asked, but I agree discretion is the better part of valor. Let’s let them go and see if we can retrieve this Eight. Then we can return to MercTown.”
Phinneas_Graves wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:33 pm Phinneas looks to Amber, "So.........we're gonna let your robot buddy out there just get bounced around until they open the rift? How long does that take? Think he's gonna survive?"
Amber is caught off-guard momentarily by the altruistic nature of the newcomers. Not many mercs would be looking to stick their necks out for someone they just met. Kinda shows they have some character at least. The Crazy may just be crazy though, you never can tell with them. She decides that she won't tell them the whole story. The less people know that we are working for the Naruni the better. The Naruni have enemies everywhere as we can plainly see right in front of us. “That is a mighty kind of you both to offer, but Eight isn’t our friend. I’m not going to get into the whole story of how he came to be with us, as it is long and complicated. I’ll just say for now, that they are a representative of our employer.” She glances in Susan's direction and sees if she wants to expand on what she just said.
Amber Dach

Current Conditions
Conditions
P.P.E.: 33/33
I.S.P.: 150/150
H.P.: 33/33
S.D.C.: 87/87

TX-26 Particle Beam Pistol: 15/15 shots remaining (FSE-clip)
Crystal Deflector Gauntlet: 15/15 melee round charges remaining
Image
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 274
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: Chapter 2: Inscrutable Morning

Post by Susan Lee »

Perception: 1d100: [67] = 67 / 41%
JIC: 1d100: 1d100: [87] = 87 / 1d20: [18] = 18

CONDITIONS: NF40A integrated into armor (160 MDC) Active; 2xNF20A on Northern Gun Drones (75 MDC) Active; See Invisible; Radar from Naruni Armor (always active along with suit)

Susan: - 3 bursts [ammo].
Drone 1: - 4 burst [ammo].
Drone 2: - 4 burst [ammo].
Amber Dach wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:18 pm Amber shakes her head as Eight is toyed with by the invaders. It’s almost comical. She thinks. Odd that they don’t finish him off though. As professional as these guys have been in their attack, this seems a little pointless. She looks at Susan. “I almost feel sorry for Eight. He looks like a fighter that doesn’t know when to go down.”
Behind her helmet, Susan frowns. "I'm not entirely sure Eight is a true AI, and not just a highly programmed set of responses with the capability of our employer to directly control. I believe you're seeing the reaction of a machine with no options."

She watches a moment more. "Unfortunately. Did you know that humans project their feelings even on inanimate objects? I have a very depressing record of a group of highly programmed household objects led by a toaster to show you. It's animated, but is apparently a true documentary."

Susan turns so that Eight's sensors can't record the front part of her body and makes a subtle wave to the retreating enemy figures. After she sees one of them looking at her, she tries to tight-beam a message to that one.

Prowl to avoid getting video'd at all: 1d100: [27] = 27 / 50%
Radio: Basic - for the tigh-beaming: 1d100: [3] = 3 / 73%


The message she sends is: "GIRLS of MercTown. Making contact. Need secure line."

When she hears Phinneas asking if he should jump in, she almost tells him to go ahead, but stops herself.
It's DNA, all the way down./Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
Image
User avatar
Aegis of No Retreat
Assistant Game Master
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2022 1:48 pm

Re: Chapter 2: Inscrutable Morning

Post by Aegis of No Retreat »

Current Conditions wrote:Location: Naruni "Logistical Supply Depot"
Time/Date: 11:35:00am LMT | ~Jan 25th
Environmental Conditions: 28°F (-2.2°C); Chilly, clear morning with wisps of high altitude clouds.
[Everyone]
GIRLS gather and discuss their limited options. Newcomers seek clarification on the relationship with Eight and Amber complies with an abbreviated explanation. Emphasizing how Eight is not, in fact a member of the team, but rather a corporate liaison.

Susan decides to take a different tact and reaches out to their opponent.
Susan Lee wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:39 pmThe message she sends is: "GIRLS of MercTown. Making contact. Need secure line."
"GIRLS of MercTown, message received. Our quarrel is not with you. Recommend you stand down. We have secured the conflict zone and will be exfiltrating momentarily. Re-engaging in combat with us is ill-advised and will prove detrimental to your health. the secure reply reads.

The cyber-doc again has the professionalism of their opponents' reconfirmed as it is clear they are not agents of mayhem, but rather have a very narrow scope of mission in mind. There is also a casualness in the nature of the message that suggests whomever is on the other line is confident in having achieved combat superiority and is in 'hurry-up-and-wait' mode. Susan believes that if she wishes to pry for more information, she may have a willing pen-pal.

By everyone else's eyes, the loading up to travel continues with silent efficiency. Vehicles queue up in orderly fashion. And even the melee with Eight comes to a halt when magic is brought to bear. It doesn't take long for Eight to be restrained, held plastered against the ground by magical tendrils ((Lore: Magic reveals is carpet of adhesion)), then encased beyond the confines of the shimmering carpet are several layers of flickering fields ((Lore: Magic reveals x3 Energy field)). The robot liaison meekly flails against the restraint, completely taken out of the fight.

Out of the depot, a dozen mixed special operators exit flanking someone who looks to be the VIP all the ruckus is about. He is a human whose build, dress and demeanor practically screams "egghead". His rescuers seem to have strapped him with a protective vest that has some manner of reinforced forcefield harness ((has the looks of x2 super-heavy naruni forcefields fail-safe chained together)).

The group looks like they will skirt the Eight gladiatorial arena and head toward one of the vehicles prepped third in line proximity to the gathered mages.
User avatar
Phinneas_Graves
Posts: 29
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:29 am

Re: Chapter 2: Inscrutable Morning

Post by Phinneas_Graves »

Perception: 30% | 1d100: [46] = 46
JIC: 1d20: [6] = 6 | 1d100: [70] = 70

Detect Ambush: 45% | 1d100: [96] = 96
Prowl: 55% | 1d100: [3] = 3
Constant Conditions:
Special Abilities
1. Super Endurance: Can lift and carry twice as much as a normal person of equivalent Strength and Endurance, and can last 10 times longer before feeling effect of exhaustion. Can remain alert and operate at full efficiency for up to 3 days (72 hours) without sleep. Needs only 4 hours of sleep to function at full capacity.
2. Increased Strength: Falls under "Augmented" category.
3. Increased Speed: Can leap 20 ft across and 15 high after a short run (half the distance from a dead stop).
4. Heightened Reflexes and Agility: Exceptional Balance and Grace.
5. Enhanced Senses:
Enhanced Vision: Character has perfect 20/20 vision and exceptional long range vision; can read a small sign or recognize a face from up to 2 miles away when he concentrates; must have line of sight.
Enhanced Hearing: Can hear a whisper or a twig snap up to 3oo ft away. Acute hearing gives an Automatic Dodge on ALL attacks; even from behind and surprise attacks. Does NOT use up a melee attack. Normal dodge bonuses do not apply, but P.P. bonuses do.
Enhanced sense of smell: Character can instantly recognize odors (01-65%), recognize a person by scent like a dog (01-25%), and even track by smell (01-30%), provided the sent is not more than 2 hours old.
Enhanced sense of taste: Can taste for a specific flavor, discern specific ingredients and tell if a drink or food has been poisoned, drugged or spoiled. Chance for detection (01-55%), +20% if the chemical has a telltale taste or odor to begin with.
Enhanced sense of touch: Character recognizes very slight differences in textures by touch. Adds 10% to all skills that require a delicate touch such as Art, Demolitions, Palming, Pick Pockets, Pick Locks, Electronics, etc.
6. Enhanced Healing: Heals two times faster than normal. Virtually impervious to pain, no amount of pain will impair the Crazy until he is down to 10 HP or less. At that point the warrior will realize his condition and start to feel the effects of his injuries. However, the Crazy can go into an intense meditative trance that will induce Bio-Regeneration, healing damage in moments.
7. Crazies Bio-Regeneration: The Crazy must stop to slip into a meditative trance. While in the trance, he is completely helpless and cannot move or take any action. All of his concentration is being forced into an accelerated bio-feedback program that will restore 2D6 HP and 3D6 S.D.C., stops bleeding, and closes wounds in 2D4 minutes. An extended period of Crazies' Bio-Regeneration, over a period of 6 hours, will restore all S.D.C. and an additional 4D6 HP.
As Amber explains Eight's "disposability", Phinneas calms himself. Amber's indifference to the bot makes the danger not seem worth it. Seeing the calmness of the evacuation, it dawns on him that something might be "off". It seems as though the VIP isn't really struggling all that much, and his rescuers appear to be very intent on his protection and not his harassment.

Phinneas looks to Amber, "Looked like they could have easily taken care of Eight and finished him? It? Instead they just restrained him. Do you think that maybe we might be the bad guys here? Maybe he wanted to be rescued?"

Combat rolls

Initiative: 1d20+2: [5]+2 = 7


Ranged combat:
Action 1: Strike w/NG-R50: 1d20: [17] = 17   | Damage 1: 4d6: [6, 3, 2, 3] = 14
Action 2: Strike w/NG-R50: 1d20: [5] = 5  | Damage 2: 4d6: [1, 6, 5, 1] = 13
Action 3: Strike w/NG-R50: 1d20: [18] = 18 | Damage 3: 4d6: [5, 1, 3, 4] = 13
Action 4: Strike w/NG-R50: 1d20: [1] = 1 | Damage 4: 4d6: [1, 6, 4, 6] = 17

Melee combat:
Action 1: Strike w/NE-RV07: 1d20+4: [1]+4 = 5  | Damage 1: 4d6: [1, 2, 2, 3] = 8
Action 2: Strike w/NE-RV07: 1d20+4: [12]+4 = 16  | Damage 2: 4d6: [4, 5, 2, 2] = 13
Action 3: Strike w/NE-RV07: 1d20+4: [8]+4 = 12  | Damage 3: 4d6: [6, 5, 4, 6] = 21
Action 4: Strike w/NE-RV07: 1d20+4: [20]+4 = 24  | Damage 4: 4d6: [1, 3, 1, 3] = 8

Auto Dodges: 1d20+2: [2]+2 = 4 1d20+2: [15]+2 = 17 1d20+2: [16]+2 = 18 1d20+2: [10]+2 = 12
Phinneas Graves
Current stats
S.D.C. 134/126
M.D.C. 110/98
P.P.E. 21/21
Ammo: 192/188
User avatar
Jerrick Vincent
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon May 09, 2022 6:09 am

Re: Chapter 2: Inscrutable Morning

Post by Jerrick Vincent »

Perception: 31% / 1d100: [71] = 71
JIC: 1d20: [6] = 6 | 1d100: [33] = 33
Sense Supernatural Evil: 60% / 1d100: [84] = 84
Conditions: +7 Magic, +5 Lethal Poison/Non-Lethal Poison, +4 Horror Factor, +2 Possession, +1 Psionics, Coma/Death 20%
Skill Rolls:
Prowl 30% / d100: [46] = 46
Wilderness Survival 55% / d100: [92] = 92
Land Navigation 54% / d100: [70] = 70
First Aid 70% / d100: [94] = 94
Language: American 99% / d100: [6] = 6
Language: Spanish 71% / d100: [35] = 35
Language: Chinese 71% / d100: [100] = 100
Language: Dragonese/Elven 71% / d100: [57] = 57
Phinneas_Graves wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:11 pm Phinneas looks to Amber, "Looked like they could have easily taken care of Eight and finished him? It? Instead they just restrained him. Do you think that maybe we might be the bad guys here? Maybe he wanted to be rescued?"
"I can't say I disagree with Mr. Graves Logic. His words ring wise." Strange, I have always heard Crazies were unhinged and uncontrollable. As in all generalizations about a group of people, that notion seems to be inaccurate.

Jerrick continues to watch the situation unfold.
User avatar
Amber Dach
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
Posts: 153
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:50 am

Re: Chapter 2: Inscrutable Morning

Post by Amber Dach »

Perception: 42% = 1d100: [68] = 68 (+5% on Perception Rolls regarding vampires and the undead)
JiC: 1d20: [9] = 9 | 1d100: [43] = 43

Skills Rolls
Intelligence 53% = 1d100: [55] = 55 (assessing threat level of opposition forces)
Charm/Impress: 55% = 1d100: [43] = 43
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 70% = 1d100: [2] = 2
Lore: Dimensions 50% = 1d100: [2] = 2
Constant/Active Conditions
Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense: Range 180’
Sense Supernatural Evil & Sense Magic Energy: Range 300’
Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy
o Identify Type/Race of Paranormal Creature: 80% = 1d100: [14] = 14
o Track by Psychic Scent: 70% = 1d100: [77] = 77 (82% if supernatural being is also using magic)
Sense the Presence of Vampires and Vampire Intelligence: Range: 1000' radius
Recognize Vampires Recognize Vampires by Appearance (special): 50% = 1d100: [57] = 57 (+10% bonus to recognize Secondary Vampires, +30% bonus to recognize Wild Vampires. -30% skill penalty to recognize Master Vampires).
Sense Rifts and Ley Lines: Senses Ley Lines up to 5 miles away, a nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away.
See the Invisible: 200’

Alter Aura to change her aura in the following ways:
• The general level of experience can be made to seem much higher (1d4+3 levels higher) than it really is.
• Conceal the I.S.P. levels to be show them to be minimal (like a minor psychic).
• Conceal the presence of magic.
Alter Aura will last for 8 hours. 6.25 hours remaining. Costs 2 I.S.P.

Amber watches the skilled team subdue Eight with relative ease and takes note of the various spells used to keep him trapped and out of the fight. Carpet of Adhesion is a good way to pin Eight down to start. Might want to get some kind of token or something that will to keep them out of the fight when the eventual time comes to take down the 'Creator'. Some kind of jamming system too. It seems to mute Eight's abilities without contact with his superior's.
Phinneas_Graves wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:11 pm As Amber explains Eight's "disposability", Phinneas calms himself. Amber's indifference to the bot makes the danger not seem worth it. Seeing the calmness of the evacuation, it dawns on him that something might be "off". It seems as though the VIP isn't really struggling all that much, and his rescuers appear to be very intent on his protection and not his harassment.

Phinneas looks to Amber, "Looked like they could have easily taken care of Eight and finished him? It? Instead they just restrained him. Do you think that maybe we might be the bad guys here? Maybe he wanted to be rescued?"
Jerrick Vincent wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:09 pm "I can't say I disagree with Mr. Graves Logic. His words ring wise." Strange, I have always heard Crazies were unhinged and uncontrollable. As in all generalizations about a group of people, that notion seems to be inaccurate.

Jerrick continues to watch the situation unfold.
Amber sensing no threat from the attacking force holsters her weapon as she watches the scene continuing to unfold in front of her. She shrugs and replies to both Phinneas and Jerrick after they speak. “I wouldn’t say we are the bad guys, Mr. Graves. We are more the pawns that the Naruni keep in the dark and use to further their own intrigues. From what little I know about the Hartigal Combine and the Naruni, this is probably some kind of corporate thing. It wouldn’t surprise me if this ‘Architect’ fellow is some kind of engineer or something that has some kind of tech secret that both sides want.”

I think I should give these guys some insight into our employer and what they are really like. She shakes her head, looks at each of them in turn as she says to them both. “If this is your first time dealing with the Naruni, you both need to understand something about them." She makes sure that she has their attention before continuing. "They will try to ply you with fancy toys and mountains of credits and use that to keep you loyal to them. But know that you and I are both utterly expendable to them in the pursuit of their goals. They are ruthless, devious and care nothing about you or anyone else. The only thing they care about is gaining money and power. So, don’t EVER trust the Naruni.”

She let's her little speech sink in a minute before adding. "You are probably thinking now, so why are you guys working for them then? Well, this isn't the place for that. But if we get out of here in one piece." She lowers her voice."And can get some time away from Eight. I might just tell you how we came to be working with one."
Amber Dach

Current Conditions
Conditions
P.P.E.: 33/33
I.S.P.: 150/150
H.P.: 33/33
S.D.C.: 87/87

TX-26 Particle Beam Pistol: 15/15 shots remaining (FSE-clip)
Crystal Deflector Gauntlet: 15/15 melee round charges remaining
Image
User avatar
Aegis of No Retreat
Assistant Game Master
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2022 1:48 pm

Re: Chapter 2: Inscrutable Morning

Post by Aegis of No Retreat »

Current Conditions wrote:Location: Naruni "Logistical Supply Depot"
Time/Date: 11:45:00am LMT | ~Jan 25th
Environmental Conditions: 28°F (-2.2°C); Chilly, clear morning with wisps of high altitude clouds.
[Everyone]
Time passes as the GIRLS idly discuss their options. Amber, their leader, strategically shares some information, but does not order the squad to further action. She understands that soon the decision will be made on her behalf and their path will be set in stone.

Likewise, Susan's non-reaction to the secure message reply also confirms a lack of will to continue the fight. And so the assaulting forces continue their exfiltration.

It isn't long before the mages Jerrick spotted finish their ritual and a crackling blue-energy rift splits open. Those watching are mildly impressed as they must have carried with them sufficient energy to accomplish this feat without the persistent flow from a feeding ley line or nexus. In an orderly fashion, the gathered and mobilized troops drive through the rift to their desired destination.

Should the GIRLS wish it, they might be able to bum-rush the gathering and manage to rift-hop to an unknown land. Though common sense would strongly urge against it.

Assuming that none interfere with the assaulters' return home, the rift will snap shut once everyone is through. The magic binding Eight dissipate at that time and should the GIRLS choose not to immediately try to communicate with their corporate liaison, Eight will speed into the interior of the depot, presumably to assess the situation inside.

((GM Note: Unless player actions dictate otherwise, I'll be working toward wrapping up this mini-mission in the next week or two and hand you back to UG if he feels ready to retake the reins.))
User avatar
Amber Dach
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
Posts: 153
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:50 am

Re: Chapter 2: Inscrutable Morning

Post by Amber Dach »

Perception: 42% = 1d100: [80] = 80 (+5% on Perception Rolls regarding vampires and the undead)
JiC: 1d20: [18] = 18 | 1d100: [97] = 97

Skills Rolls
Intelligence 53% = 1d100: [97] = 97 (assessing defences of the base)
Charm/Impress: 55% = 1d100: [64] = 64
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 70% = 1d100: [83] = 83
Constant/Active Conditions
Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense: Range 180’
Sense Supernatural Evil & Sense Magic Energy: Range 300’
Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy
o Identify Type/Race of Paranormal Creature: 80% = 1d100: [97] = 97
o Track by Psychic Scent: 70% = 1d100: [27] = 27 (82% if supernatural being is also using magic)
Sense the Presence of Vampires and Vampire Intelligence: Range: 1000' radius
Recognize Vampires Recognize Vampires by Appearance (special): 50% = 1d100: [29] = 29 (+10% bonus to recognize Secondary Vampires, +30% bonus to recognize Wild Vampires. -30% skill penalty to recognize Master Vampires).
Sense Rifts and Ley Lines: Senses Ley Lines up to 5 miles away, a nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away.
See the Invisible: 200’

Alter Aura to change her aura in the following ways:
• The general level of experience can be made to seem much higher (1d4+3 levels higher) than it really is.
• Conceal the I.S.P. levels to be show them to be minimal (like a minor psychic).
• Conceal the presence of magic.
Alter Aura will last for 8 hours. 6.25 hours remaining. Costs 2 I.S.P.
Amber watches the assaulting force form up and enter the Rift. She waits until the Rift closes and makes sure nothing nasty slipped out before the rift closed. She sees Eight’s restraints dissipate and she opens a comm channel to Eight. I guess I should at least pretend concern for Eight’s well-being, she thinks. “You okay, Eight? I think we are going to move up closer to the facility. Inform the defenders that we are coming forward and that we are on their side, please.”

As long as Eight informs her that it is safe for them to move closer, she will inform the rest of the GIRLS and assembled mercs that it is safe to move closer. She says, “So ladies, as far as I can see it we have a couple of options now. Either move up to the base there and see if they will rustle us up a ride back to Merctown and give us the balance of the credits that they are owing us. Or go looking for salvage. Personally, I’m for getting back to town. The choice is yours.” She will await the others decision and start walking towards the base.
Amber Dach

Current Conditions
Conditions
P.P.E.: 33/33
I.S.P.: 150/150
H.P.: 33/33
S.D.C.: 87/87

TX-26 Particle Beam Pistol: 15/15 shots remaining (FSE-clip)
Crystal Deflector Gauntlet: 15/15 melee round charges remaining
Image
User avatar
Phinneas_Graves
Posts: 29
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:29 am

Re: Chapter 2: Inscrutable Morning

Post by Phinneas_Graves »

Perception: 30% | 1d100: [90] = 90
JIC: 1d20: [14] = 14 | 1d100: [36] = 36

Land Navigation: 50% | 1d100: [91] = 91
Detect Ambush: 45% | 1d100: [24] = 24
Prowl: 55% | 1d100: [58] = 58
Constant Conditions:
Special Abilities
1. Super Endurance: Can lift and carry twice as much as a normal person of equivalent Strength and Endurance, and can last 10 times longer before feeling effect of exhaustion. Can remain alert and operate at full efficiency for up to 3 days (72 hours) without sleep. Needs only 4 hours of sleep to function at full capacity.
2. Increased Strength: Falls under "Augmented" category.
3. Increased Speed: Can leap 20 ft across and 15 high after a short run (half the distance from a dead stop).
4. Heightened Reflexes and Agility: Exceptional Balance and Grace.
5. Enhanced Senses:
Enhanced Vision: Character has perfect 20/20 vision and exceptional long range vision; can read a small sign or recognize a face from up to 2 miles away when he concentrates; must have line of sight.
Enhanced Hearing: Can hear a whisper or a twig snap up to 3oo ft away. Acute hearing gives an Automatic Dodge on ALL attacks; even from behind and surprise attacks. Does NOT use up a melee attack. Normal dodge bonuses do not apply, but P.P. bonuses do.
Enhanced sense of smell: Character can instantly recognize odors (01-65%), recognize a person by scent like a dog (01-25%), and even track by smell (01-30%), provided the sent is not more than 2 hours old.
Enhanced sense of taste: Can taste for a specific flavor, discern specific ingredients and tell if a drink or food has been poisoned, drugged or spoiled. Chance for detection (01-55%), +20% if the chemical has a telltale taste or odor to begin with.
Enhanced sense of touch: Character recognizes very slight differences in textures by touch. Adds 10% to all skills that require a delicate touch such as Art, Demolitions, Palming, Pick Pockets, Pick Locks, Electronics, etc.
6. Enhanced Healing: Heals two times faster than normal. Virtually impervious to pain, no amount of pain will impair the Crazy until he is down to 10 HP or less. At that point the warrior will realize his condition and start to feel the effects of his injuries. However, the Crazy can go into an intense meditative trance that will induce Bio-Regeneration, healing damage in moments.
7. Crazies Bio-Regeneration: The Crazy must stop to slip into a meditative trance. While in the trance, he is completely helpless and cannot move or take any action. All of his concentration is being forced into an accelerated bio-feedback program that will restore 2D6 HP and 3D6 S.D.C., stops bleeding, and closes wounds in 2D4 minutes. An extended period of Crazies' Bio-Regeneration, over a period of 6 hours, will restore all S.D.C. and an additional 4D6 HP.
"I'm good either way. I was only in Merctown long enough for security to give Boom Boom his fancy hat and to get a snack before the no mouth guy sent me here. Just remember.......every merc that didn't make it to the ground had a cred stick worth 100 grand on him. That a LOT of creds sitting out in those woods."

Combat rolls

Initiative: 1d20+2: [5]+2 = 7


Ranged combat:
Action 1: Strike w/NG-R50: 1d20: [4] = 4   | Damage 1: 4d6: [1, 6, 4, 4] = 15
Action 2: Strike w/NG-R50: 1d20: [8] = 8  | Damage 2: 4d6: [6, 6, 4, 3] = 19
Action 3: Strike w/NG-R50: 1d20: [4] = 4 | Damage 3: 4d6: [3, 6, 2, 6] = 17
Action 4: Strike w/NG-R50: 1d20: [19] = 19 | Damage 4: 4d6: [6, 3, 3, 5] = 17

Melee combat:
Action 1: Strike w/NE-RV07: 1d20+4: [20]+4 = 24  | Damage 1: 4d6: [2, 4, 2, 3] = 11
Action 2: Strike w/NE-RV07: 1d20+4: [10]+4 = 14  | Damage 2: 4d6: [3, 5, 4, 2] = 14
Action 3: Strike w/NE-RV07: 1d20+4: [8]+4 = 12  | Damage 3: 4d6: [4, 6, 2, 1] = 13
Action 4: Strike w/NE-RV07: 1d20+4: [5]+4 = 9  | Damage 4: 4d6: [5, 2, 6, 6] = 19

Auto Dodges: 1d20+2: [19]+2 = 21 1d20+2: [15]+2 = 17 1d20+2: [12]+2 = 14 1d20+2: [1]+2 = 3
Phinneas Graves
Current stats
S.D.C. 134/126
M.D.C. 110/98
P.P.E. 21/21
Ammo: 192/188
Post Reply

Return to “G.I.R.L.S. Adventure Forum”