Episode 3: Run

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Amber Dach
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron

Re: Episode 3: Run

Post by Amber Dach »

(Rolls held over)
Phinneas_Graves wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 7:40 pm Phinneas responds, "I wanna say it's nothing, but you already know I don't trust the bot. When I was milling around earlier, I happened to look in the direction of where it is normally standing and, surprise! No Eight standing there. Out of curiosity, I went looking around to see if it could find it, but nothing. Then I got really curious and looked EVERYWHERE, but still couldn't find it. The crazy" Phinneas giggles slightly, "thing is.....when I came back into the main room, there was Eight standing right where it normally does...." He gets a little more of a serious look on his face. "I went right up close and almost stared a hole through it, and no reaction. I tried to get a scent off of it to see if I could track it's movements but I couldn't pick up anything. Now with what you just told me, I'm wondering if it was camouflaged. And if it WAS camouflaged, then why?" Phinneas scratches his head. "You don't think it would sabotage us this early do ya?"
Amber shrugs again. "I don't know what to tell you, Phinneas." She thinks briefly before responding. "I doubt that Eight would be actively trying to sabotage us at them moment, but could be laying plans for the future. Once our usefulness is done for his Master, I expect some kind of a double cross at some point, but who knows. I'd double check all your gear before we go at the very least. I will be going over mine, too."

Amber sighs. By the Gods. It is hard work being paranoid all the time that you are being observed by a being with extremely questionable morals. Once we are done with this and clear of 'The Creator', I'm going over this place with a fine tooth comb and looking for bugs or whatever. I won't feel safe and secure here until I do.
Amber Dach

Current Conditions
Conditions
P.P.E.: 33/33
I.S.P.: 150/150
H.P.: 33/33
S.D.C.: 87/87

TX-26 Particle Beam Pistol: 15/15 shots remaining (FSE-clip)
Crystal Deflector Gauntlet: 15/15 melee round charges remaining
Phinneas_Graves

Post by Phinneas_Graves »

Perception: 45% | 1d100: [62] = 62
JIC: 1d20: [20] = 20 | 1d100: [61] = 61
Constant Conditions:
Special Abilities
1. Super Endurance: Can lift and carry twice as much as a normal person of equivalent Strength and Endurance, and can last 10 times longer before feeling effect of exhaustion. Can remain alert and operate at full efficiency for up to 3 days (72 hours) without sleep. Needs only 4 hours of sleep to function at full capacity.
2. Increased Strength: Falls under "Augmented" category.
3. Increased Speed: Can leap 20 ft across and 15 high after a short run (half the distance from a dead stop).
4. Heightened Reflexes and Agility: Exceptional Balance and Grace.
5. Enhanced Senses:
Enhanced Vision: Character has perfect 20/20 vision and exceptional long range vision; can read a small sign or recognize a face from up to 2 miles away when he concentrates; must have line of sight.
Enhanced Hearing: Can hear a whisper or a twig snap up to 3oo ft away. Acute hearing gives an Automatic Dodge on ALL attacks; even from behind and surprise attacks. Does NOT use up a melee attack. Normal dodge bonuses do not apply, but P.P. bonuses do.
Enhanced sense of smell: Character can instantly recognize odors (01-65%), recognize a person by scent like a dog (01-25%), and even track by smell (01-30%), provided the scent is not more than 2 hours old.
Enhanced sense of taste: Can taste for a specific flavor, discern specific ingredients and tell if a drink or food has been poisoned, drugged or spoiled. Chance for detection (01-55%), +20% if the chemical has a telltale taste or odor to begin with.
Enhanced sense of touch: Character recognizes very slight differences in textures by touch. Adds 10% to all skills that require a delicate touch such as Art, Demolitions, Palming, Pick Pockets, Pick Locks, Electronics, etc.
6. Enhanced Healing: Heals two times faster than normal. Virtually impervious to pain, no amount of pain will impair the Crazy until he is down to 10 HP or less. At that point the warrior will realize his condition and start to feel the effects of his injuries. However, the Crazy can go into an intense meditative trance that will induce Bio-Regeneration, healing damage in moments.
7. Crazies Bio-Regeneration: The Crazy must stop to slip into a meditative trance. While in the trance, he is completely helpless and cannot move or take any action. All of his concentration is being forced into an accelerated bio-feedback program that will restore 2D6 HP and 3D6 S.D.C., stops bleeding, and closes wounds in 2D4 minutes. An extended period of Crazies' Bio-Regeneration, over a period of 6 hours, will restore all S.D.C. and an additional 4D6 HP.

"¡Que Cabron!" After talking with Amber, Phinneas realizes that she's right and the smart thing to do is to go over all of the important gear he is bringing to Manoa. On his way, he makes sure to walk right by Eight and give him a few rounds of middle fingers "¡Vete a la mierda! ¡Hijo de puta! ¡Come mierda Ocho!"

Demolitions 81% | 1d100: [48] = 48

Instead of going back to his room, Phinneas walks out the door of the building, still swearing as he walks away from the building. When he returns, he has a small bag with him.

(It contains a very strong adhesive, some wire and a small transmitter and receiver. Enough small bits to make a small explosive device.)

He is much calmer now and goes to his room. A slight commotion can be heard as if he is going through all of his things, unpacking, checking and re-packing again. After some time passes, he returns to the main area in what appears to be a much better mood. He approaches Eight and gets within arms distance before saying "Eight, I apologize for my behaviour earlier. I let my temper get the best of me sometimes and I was wrong. I hope you can forgive me."

With that, he will attempt to pat Eight on the back. If successful, Phinneas will have stuck a plasma warhead device made from one of his missiles on the center of Eight's back. He will look at Eight and say "I don't know what you're up to, but play the disappear game again and I push the button. Try and hurt anyone and I push the button. Do anything but what we expect of you and I push the button."
Dice rolls
Prowl 60% | [roll]1d100[/roll]: [53] = 53
Strike [roll]1d20+3[/roll]: [12]+3 = 15
Invoke Trust 45% | [roll]1d100[/roll]: [29] = 29
Phinneas Graves
Current stats
S.D.C. 134/134
M.D.C. 110/110
P.P.E. 21/21
Ammo: 192/192
Underguard
Game Master

Post by Underguard »

Current Conditions wrote:Time/Date and Location: Mid Afternoon, Merctown, Late June
Environmental Conditions: Outside Temp; 22*C (71*F), dry heat, warm morning.
Ley Line/Nexus Presence: Nexus within 1 mile.
[Leave it to a Crazy...]

Phinneas quickly learns while investigating Eight's disappearances that the android seems to have taken up many random tasks; such as cleaning the hangar, running errands (unless deemed not too). Though, the crazy might be right to mistrust the android. Unfortunately the android smells exactly like what an android would, cold metal and has no other smell to it. Jerrick meanwhile has some fun with Amber seemingly enjoying the show of enthusiasm, the newly donned knight taking stock and dealing with some last minute paranoia and enthusiasm, the paranoia moreso.

While Analoy is inbetween bites of her sandwich, she blurts out a question to the android as Eight enters the Kitchen to organize something. "I have no wants. Though I do know I enjoy being as I am, so I will answer no." Eight answers, looking up from something to Analoy, then leaving the room. If followed, it seems to walk the hangar before returning to the front, unless stopped.

During Eight's brief walk and talk with Analoy, Phinnieas decides to double check everything going to Manoa with a high degree of scrutiny, specifically looking for explosives. Phinneas can almost hear Mr. Boom Boom speaking to him while he looks. Phinneas can confidently say that he found no explosives in the gear, nor anywhere else in the building. Phinneas is still locked on what Eight was doing, and its bothering the Crazy a lot that he doesn't know. Even a Crazy knows not to get in bed with the Naruni.

When Phinneas finally calms down, he returns to find Eight back at its usual spot. "I do not hold a grudge. Your mistrust is understandable." Eight answers. Phinneas stands, for the first time ever, within arms reach of Eight, willingly. Phinneas attempts to pat the android on the back and leave a plasma warhead of some sort attached there. A valiant effort is made by the Crazy, who works Eight over a little through conversation and sorta sneakiness.

When Phinneas's hand is about to make contact with Eight's back, the android deftly steps out of the way take the explosive and attempts to grapple Phinneas's arm, holding the explosive out. Phinneas stops Eight from taking the explosive out of his hand, but can't immediately break free of the superior robotic strength."Unnecessary. You understand I am assigned to you, but I belong to the Naruni who employs you. Your success is my success." Eight answers while grappled with Phinneas. "However I will defend myself." Eight finishes.

Phinnease finds his arm release, explosive still in hand, and Eight now standing like the android is ready for combat.

What are you doing?

1. Amber Dach:
  2. Susan Lee:
  3. Analoy:
  4. Jerrick:
  5. Phinneas:
PW: CAF GM || UPS GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Exe (PW GA) |Venenifer (Roughnecks) | Glitch (PW: Rogues) | Sam Animus (PW Void Reaver) || EP Ledger
ImageImage
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
Phinneas_Graves

Perception: 45% | 1d100: [72] = 72
JIC: 1d20: [4] = 4 | 1d100: [58] = 58
Constant Conditions:
Special Abilities
1. Super Endurance: Can lift and carry twice as much as a normal person of equivalent Strength and Endurance, and can last 10 times longer before feeling effect of exhaustion. Can remain alert and operate at full efficiency for up to 3 days (72 hours) without sleep. Needs only 4 hours of sleep to function at full capacity.
3. Increased Speed: Can leap 20 ft across and 15 high after a short run (half the distance from a dead stop).
5. Enhanced Senses:
Enhanced Vision: Character has perfect 20/20 vision and exceptional long range vision; can read a small sign or recognize a face from up to 2 miles away when he concentrates; must have line of sight.
Enhanced Hearing: Can hear a whisper or a twig snap up to 3oo ft away. Acute hearing gives an Automatic Dodge on ALL attacks; even from behind and surprise attacks. Does NOT use up a melee attack. Normal dodge bonuses do not apply, but P.P. bonuses do.
Enhanced sense of smell: Character can instantly recognize odors (01-65%), recognize a person by scent like a dog (01-25%), and even track by smell (01-30%), provided the scent is not more than 2 hours old.
Enhanced sense of taste: Can taste for a specific flavor, discern specific ingredients and tell if a drink or food has been poisoned, drugged or spoiled. Chance for detection (01-55%), +20% if the chemical has a telltale taste or odor to begin with.
Enhanced sense of touch: Character recognizes very slight differences in textures by touch. Adds 10% to all skills that require a delicate touch such as Art, Demolitions, Palming, Pick Pockets, Pick Locks, Electronics, etc.
6. Enhanced Healing: Heals two times faster than normal. Virtually impervious to pain, no amount of pain will impair the Crazy until he is down to 10 HP or less. At that point the warrior will realize his condition and start to feel the effects of his injuries. However, the Crazy can go into an intense meditative trance that will induce Bio-Regeneration, healing damage in moments.
7. Crazies Bio-Regeneration: The Crazy must stop to slip into a meditative trance. While in the trance, he is completely helpless and cannot move or take any action. All of his concentration is being forced into an accelerated bio-feedback program that will restore 2D6 HP and 3D6 S.D.C., stops bleeding, and closes wounds in 2D4 minutes. An extended period of Crazies' Bio-Regeneration, over a period of 6 hours, will restore all S.D.C. and an additional 4D6 HP.

After missing his mark with his explosive and seeing Eight respond with a combative stance, Phinneas realizes he needs to get out of this quickly. He stands up straight and says in a very monotone voice "Testing completed......Response acceptable......Mission can continue unhindered......Awaiting departure time." He will turn and walk back to his room to disarm the explosive device. He decides to leave it intact and add it to the items he is bringing. It may come in handy in the future.
Phinneas Graves
Current stats
S.D.C. 134/134
M.D.C. 110/110
P.P.E. 21/21
Amber Dach
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron

Post by Amber Dach »

Perception: 63% = 1d100: [8] = 8 (+5% on Perception Rolls regarding vampires and the undead)
JiC: 1d20: [6] = 6 | 1d100: [47] = 47

Skills Rolls
Charm/Impress: 55% = 1d100: [65] = 65
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 84% = 1d100: [36] = 36
Constant/Active Conditions
Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense: Range 180’
Sense Supernatural Evil & Sense Magic Energy: Range: 500' (100’/level) when being is not using powers or abilities; 1400’ (1000’ +100’/level) if using abilities or powers.
Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy
o Identify Type/Race of Paranormal Creature: 80% = 1d100: [73] = 73
o Track by Psychic Scent: 70% = 1d100: [72] = 72 (82% if supernatural being is also using magic)
Sense the Presence of Vampires and Vampire Intelligence: Range: 1000' radius
Recognize Vampires Recognize Vampires by Appearance (special): 90% = 1d100: [34] = 34 (+10% bonus to recognize Secondary Vampires, +30% bonus to recognize Wild Vampires. -30% skill penalty to recognize Master Vampires).
Sense Rifts and Ley Lines: Senses Ley Lines up to 5 miles away, a nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away.
See the Invisible: 200’

Alter Aura to change her aura in the following ways:
• The general level of experience can be made to seem much higher (1d4+3 levels higher) than it really is.
• Conceal the I.S.P. levels to be show them to be minimal (like a minor psychic).
• Conceal the presence of magic.
Alter Aura will last for 8 hours. 8 hours remaining. Costs 2 I.S.P.
With her preparations complete, Amber has nothing more to do. I have to get out for a walk or something. There is nothing left to prepare for me. If I sit and stare at the walls here, I’m going to let my paranoia get the better of me and spread it around to the others. As she is leaving the hangar to go into Merctown, she comes across the tail end of the encounter between Phinneas and Eight.

Shit! This is on me. My talks to Jerrick were all where the Crazy was present and he has taken my talks and turned them into action! She takes Phinneas aside. “You alright, Phinneas? It was not my intention to have any of us take pre-emptive action against Eight. I should have been clear about that from the beginning. It was only to inform that Eight, as helpful as it is at times, is ultimately capable of turning on us in an instant and to be aware of that possibility. It was also meant to inform you all that anything Eight observes is going to be passed to his master and to keep anything you want to keep private to yourself. So, I apologize for not being clearer in my warnings.” She sighs. “Like it or not, we are stuck with Eight until this op is done. If something happened to Eight, I wouldn’t be surprised if Nine showed up at our door to finish the job.”

“Unless you need something, I’m going to head into the city for a bit to walk and clear my head. I can be reached on my comms if anyone needs me.”

With that said she leaves the Hangar and goes to the nearest city gate and enters the city. She wanders around The Hub district with no particular destination in mind. She spends some time window shopping, but finds herself close to the National Park. She decides to walk around the park for a while enjoying the fresh air and nature. Once she finds a nice quiet area just off the path, she will stop and sit and clear her mind of everything but her surroundings.

This is just what I needed. It reminds me of the tranquility of home, well, except for the greenery. She smiles at that last thought. I’ll just sit here a while and enjoy the day for a bit. She relaxes for a couple of hours before heading back to the Hangar for dinner.
Amber Dach

Current Conditions
Conditions

Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Analoy »

Percep 61%: 1d100: [89] = 89
JIC: 1d20: [16] = 16 1d100: [71] = 71

Cook 110%= 1d100: [56] = 56

Analoy continues to sit and mills over Eight's reply as Eight leaves the room, I have no wants. Though I do know I enjoy being as I am, so I will answer no. Seems a strange reply for just a robot. Could it be that the it is a thing? Though it, he(?) is still under the control of the Naruni. A slave then? She gets to her feet with her brows furrowed in thought as she walks back to the kitchen.

With cooking as her default when not on a mission, Analoy goes about making up a variety of things, which she packages up into individual meals that the others can pull out and heat up, rather than destroying her kitchen as they attempt to make themselves something to eat. As the day wares on, She goes back up to her room and organizes her mission gear. Eyeing her exoskeleton with the newly installed force field, she grins to herself at the deception of just wearing this armor gives to her real abilities. "I'm just the cook after all."
Analoy Landie
Current Details
P.P.E.: 227/227
M.D.C.: 196/196
Charm/Impress: 20%

Phinneas_Graves

Perception: 45% | 1d100: [88] = 88
JIC: 1d20: [6] = 6 | 1d100: [8] = 8
Constant Conditions:
Special Abilities
5. Enhanced Senses:

Once Amber returns to HQ, Phinneas sits with her and explains his earlier actions. "About earlier, I wasn't going to detonate it unless I had to. It was more of an insurance policy against something going wrong. Almost had it too, but that overgrown alarm clock is slightly better than I anticipated......." His face takes on a more serious and almost worried look, and he continues, "I'm worried about your previous visions. I have to admit that going somewhere other than Earth is extremely exciting, but your visions have me concerned. I'm not very fond of the thought of not coming.......what the fuck?! Did someone turns the lights off? I can't see anything......"

Hysterical Blindness 01-88% 1d100: [64] = 64

Blindness lasts 1d6+1: [4]+1 = 5 melee rounds
Phinneas Graves
Current stats
S.D.C. 134/134
M.D.C. 110/110
P.P.E. 21/21
Amber Dach
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron

Post by Amber Dach »

(Rolls held over)

Paramedic 60% = 1d100: [37] = 37 (to medically assess Phinneas)
Phinneas_Graves wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:33 pm Once Amber returns to HQ, Phinneas sits with her and explains his earlier actions. "About earlier, I wasn't going to detonate it unless I had to. It was more of an insurance policy against something going wrong. Almost had it too, but that overgrown alarm clock is slightly better than I anticipated......." His face takes on a more serious and almost worried look, and he continues, "I'm worried about your previous visions. I have to admit that going somewhere other than Earth is extremely exciting, but your visions have me concerned. I'm not very fond of the thought of not coming.......what the fuck?! Did someone turns the lights off? I can't see anything......"
Amber radiates a sympathetic feeling as Phinneas describes his feelings on their upcoming op, which turns to worry as Phinneas tells her that he can't see. Well, great! I broke the Crazy with my visions! She looks around to see if anyone else is nearby, and knowing that they were alone, she gives a loud, but controlled yell out to Analoy. "Analoy! I need you in here on the double!"

She turns her attention fully to Phinneas and says calmly. "It's okay, Phinneas. I'm here. I'm going to grab a chair for you to sit down in. Then, I'm going to take a quick look at you. Don't worry, I'm here and we will figure this out." She grabs a nearby chair as she quickly goes through in her head what she was taught in her Paramedic training. He is alert and responding to me. His breathing is a bit quick but otherwise normal. Skin colour is good. He isn’t turning blue, doesn’t feel hot or cold and clammy. Damn, where is the Doc! "Has this ever happened to you before Phinneas?"
Amber Dach

Current Conditions
Conditions

Phinneas_Graves

Perception: 45% | 1d100: [45] = 45
JIC: 1d20: [11] = 11 | 1d100: [5] = 5
Constant Conditions:
Special Abilities
5. Enhanced Senses:

Phinneas will clamber to sit down in a chair with Amber's assistance. He responds to her question, "Being blind? No, I have never been blind before. This is entirely new to me."

After a little over a minute, as he sits in the chair with Amber evaluating him, Phinneas' vision begins to return and seconds later he is back to full capacity. "What the hell was that?!"
Phinneas Graves
Current stats
S.D.C. 134/134
M.D.C. 110/110
P.P.E. 21/21
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Analoy »

[Rolls Held]

Analoy cocks her head at hearing Amber's yell. What the hells? Did Eight finally do something? Hurrying toward the origin of the yell, Analoy skids to a stop and says, "What? What's going on?" She looks both Phinneas and Amber over, but everything appears to be okay, aside from Amber standing over Phinneas as he sits in a chair.

Analoy quirks a brow at the two in confusion and asks, "Did Eight finally murder someone? Or did Phinneas super glue himself to the chair?"
Analoy Landie
Current Details

Underguard
Game Master

Post by Underguard »

Current Conditions wrote:Mission Time: 00h:05m
Environmental Conditions: Outside Temp; -15*C (5*F), dry cold. Random gusts between 10-20mph)
Ley Line/Nexus Presence: No Nexus or LL activity at all, but ambient energy feels like a LL Storm came through recently
[Off to Neverland]

In the last few hours before the mission was set to begin, Amber takes time to find tranquility until she returns to the hangar to find that Phinneias goes blind for a solid minute from a self-imposed blindness. Amber reacts immediately with Analoy quickly coming to the side, though by the time Analoy rounds the corner, Phinneas is fine and questioning those about what happened.

Those moments are far from the last events that seem the shuffle into the final hours before the GIRLS mission. Jerrick receives an urgent call and leaves with little explanation, just promising to be back by mission start. This leaves Amber and the others rightly confused but a few hours later, Jerrick returns with a scarred man in a buzz cut and slinging a pulse rifle in glasses. Jerrick apologetically explains to Amber he has to leave due to family issues, but knew a solid person who could fill in for him, no questions asked. With that, Jerrick hurriedly departs, grabbing his backpack and quick gear but surprisingly leaving his rocketcycle, the mystic only saying he had other means to get where he needed to go. Praxis and company have a few hours to get fully acquainted with Eight being inquisitive of the new addition, asking Praxis many questions about what he may bring to the group, among other things.

The moment of the mission arrives and the crew are on the tarmac, they board and take off. This trip down to the southern continent a little more direct now that the Creator's facility is online and operational again. There is no lag time in Manoa or any surrounding areas as the crew is being flown into a hangar they didn't know existed inside the jungle complex. For a few in the group, the trip through the facility is jarring familiar yet different.

They leave the hangar and are escorted by a pair of Repo-bots down the hallway from the hangar, guided past a hallway with alien writing on it and towards what looks like a circular elevator. After being motioned to stand inside the center, a bright light wisks everyone away and everyone finds themselves in a far more familiar area. When this door opens, a familiar hallway design is seen, there are even some dented wall panels that haven't been replaced yet on the path to the main room, though most of the damage has been taken care of.

Inside the main room, everyone finds the center sphere vibrating at a near deafening frequency, moving so fast the arms appear as but a blur to even the sharpest eye. At ground level, beneath the blue is a growing tear that simply exists, growing larger. A uteni approaches the group and ushers them to the platform where they can watch the technological interdimensional gateway form a true rift as any dimensional magic would have.

The crew step through and find themselves on what can only be considered a hellscape. The planet's sky is a dark green with flashes of brighter green and yellow colors in all directions. Green arcs of lightning seem to dance across the sky in unison with the flashes. The ground below is flattened and barren, the day is dark, though there is no telling what time it is on the local planet or its night cycle. Everyone notes that their sensor systems seem flooded and hazy but still functional. The horizon is not visible and just appears as a sea of black peppered with green and yellow flashes. The sound of ground shaking thunder echoing around them a few seconds after each flash in the sky.

"Site 1 is approximately ten kilometers north, northwest of us. Site 2 is approximately three kilometers east, northeast of us. Site 2 is closer, and probably easier to search." Eight advises. "We will need to enter through the closest pylon, and try to avoid any automated systems in place until I can access a control terminal." Eight finishes.

GM Note: You are now on another planet. Act accordingly :) You may choose which location to visit first. Post what vehicle or mode of transportation you are using, and what the marching order is.
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Exe (PW GA) |Venenifer (Roughnecks) | Glitch (PW: Rogues) | Sam Animus (PW Void Reaver) || EP Ledger
ImageImage
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
Praxis Vek

Post by Praxis Vek »

Perception 15% d100: [70] = 70
JIC d100: [75] = 75 , d20: [13] = 13
Underguard wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 8:08 pm
Current Conditions wrote:Mission Time: 00h:05m
Environmental Conditions: Outside Temp; -15*C (5*F), dry cold. Random gusts between 10-20mph)
Ley Line/Nexus Presence: No Nexus or LL activity at all, but ambient energy feels like a LL Storm came through recently
[Off to Neverland]

In the last few hours before the mission was set to begin, Amber takes time to find tranquility until she returns to the hangar to find that Phinneias goes blind for a solid minute from a self-imposed blindness. Amber reacts immediately with Analoy quickly coming to the side, though by the time Analoy rounds the corner, Phinneas is fine and questioning those about what happened.

Those moments are far from the last events that seem the shuffle into the final hours before the GIRLS mission. Jerrick receives an urgent call and leaves with little explanation, just promising to be back by mission start. This leaves Amber and the others rightly confused but a few hours later, Jerrick returns with a scarred man in a buzz cut and slinging a pulse rifle in glasses. Jerrick apologetically explains to Amber he has to leave due to family issues, but knew a solid person who could fill in for him, no questions asked. With that, Jerrick hurriedly departs, grabbing his backpack and quick gear but surprisingly leaving his rocketcycle, the mystic only saying he had other means to get where he needed to go. Praxis and company have a few hours to get fully acquainted with Eight being inquisitive of the new addition, asking Praxis many questions about what he may bring to the group, among other things.
After a discussion with Eight during which goes over his CV. Eight signs off on his addition. Praxis steps up to speak to the group. “Me and Jerrick got to MercTown at about the same time. I went straight into being a mercenary because fighting is all I know. Jerrick would sing at the bar and we would talk about our lives before we came here over drinks. He is a solid kid and actually is one of the toughest and loyal people I know. I would do anything for the kid. He asked me to stand in for him and I immediately accepted. He really thinks you guys are great and any friend of Jerrick’s is a friend of mine. I promised him I would do everything in my power to make sure you succeed and get back safe. For that kid I would die to make sure that happens. Good news though, I don’t die easy.” He laughs a little. “That being said, let’s get this show on the road.”

He opens up a ruck sack and begins suiting up. He puts on a suit of heavy armor in a style you haven’t seen before. He straps on a jet pack. Straps a Rail Gun, Pulse Rifle and Pulse Pistol to various points on his gear. He then waits to head out with the team.
Underguard wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 8:08 pm The moment of the mission arrives and the crew are on the tarmac, this trip down to the southern continent a little more direct now that the Creator's facility is online and operation again. There is no lag time in Manoa or any surrounding areas as the crew is being flown into a hangar they didn't know existed inside the jungle complex. For a few in the group, the trip through the facility is jarring familiar yet different.

They leave the hangar and are escorted by a pair of Repo-bots down the hallway from the hangar, guided past a hallway with alien writing on it and towards what looks like a circular elevator. After being motioned to stand inside the center, a bright light wisks everyone away and everyone finds themselves in a far more familiar area. When this door opens, a familiar hallway design is seen, there are even some dented wall panels that haven't been replaced yet on the path to the main room, though most of the damage has been taken care of.

Inside the main room, everyone finds the center sphere vibrating at a near deafening frequency, moving so fast the arms appear as but a blur to even the sharpest eye. At ground level, beneath the blue is a growing tear that simply exists, growing larger. A uteni approaches the group and ushers them to the platform where they can watch the technological interdimensional gateway form a true rift as any dimensional magic would have.

The crew step through and find themselves on what can only be considered a hellscape. The planet's sky is a dark green with flashes of brighter green and yellow colors in all directions. Green arcs of lightning seem to dance across the sky in unison with the flashes. The ground below is flattened and barren, the day is dark, though there is no telling what time it is on the local planet or its night cycle. Everyone notes that their sensor systems seem flooded and hazy but still functional. The horizon is not visible and just appears as a sea of black peppered with green and yellow flashes. The sound of ground shaking thunder echoing around them a few seconds after each flash in the sky.

"Site 1 is approximately ten kilometers north, northwest of us. Site 2 is approximately three kilometers east, northeast of us. Site 2 is closer, and probably easier to search." Eight advises. "We will need to enter through the closest pylon, and try to avoid any automated systems in place until I can access a control terminal." Eight finishes.
“Well guys welcome to the three galaxies. Your world just got infinitely bigger. Let’s do this.”
Last edited by Praxis Vek on Sun Nov 06, 2022 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Analoy »

Percep 61%: 1d100: [34] = 34
JIC: 1d20: [19] = 19 1d100: [84] = 84

Land Navigation 68%: 1d100: [23] = 23
Trap & Mine Detection 55%: 1d100: [99] = 99
Detect Ambush 80%: 1d100: [46] = 46
Prowl 70%: 1d100: [11] = 11

Analoy looks up at Praxis Vek and grins, "This isn't the weirdest place that I've ever been. Sure green and yellow are a little off the norm but its still just a planet. Regardless, we have a job to do. So stay focused and let's get it done." She activates the force field on her armor and unslings her rifle.

Analoy turns from the new man and looks out over the landscape, Its a barren drek hole. It shouldn't be to hard to spot ambush points and any traps left about. She takes a deep breath and lets it out slowly, glad for the armor's environmental capacity. She doesn't turn around when she says, "Let's hit Site 2 first. Its closer and will be easier to search. Even with the automated systems that are there. If its clear we can make our way to Site 1 and start wandering through all the trashed starships."

Analoy starts marching off in the direction of Site 2. She only brought what she could carry, though her tattoos give her greater capabilities than other flat footed soldiers.
Analoy Landie
Current Details

Phinneas_Graves

Perception: 45% | 1d100: [86] = 86
JIC: 1d20: [20] = 20 | 1d100: [57] = 57

Detect Ambush 50% | 1d100: [65] = 65
Land Navigation 54% | 1d100: [91] = 91
Prowl 60% | 1d100: [66] = 66

Constant Conditions:
Special Abilities
5. Enhanced Senses:

Stepping through the rift and onto the foreign planet's surface, Phinneas takes a second to look around and take in his surroundings. "Wow........this is really alot worse than I thought it would be. Hey guys! Ya think maybe we should set up a second HQ here?"

Phinneas has opted to leave his new vehicle back on Earth. A flying vehicle where there isn't normally flying vehicles might be a problem for the mission.

Phinneas shifts his weaponry and keeps his missile launcher as his main weapon, the rail gun and his vibro axe slung over his shoulders. Hearing Analoy calling to start towards Site 2, Phinneas gives his gear a quick jostle to get any slack out of slings and straps and falls in line behind her. "Lead the way, boss. When we start getting close, I do have thermal imaging on this thing".
Phinneas Graves
Current stats
S.D.C. 134/134
M.D.C. 110/110
P.P.E. 21/21
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Analoy »

[rolls held]

Analoy keeps her eyes peeled on the surrounding hellscape but answers Phinneas, "Don't you remember Pinhead. Eight said thermo vision didn't work here. But hey, give it a try and prove the robot wrong."

Screw it, let's get his drek over with. Analoy starts moving to the east, northeast, "Eight, take the number two spot and keep us aimed the right direction. Then Pinhead takes number three. Amber is fourth, then Susan and Bigboy can take up the tail end. Keep up but don't bunch up. If the fit hits the shan, scatter and find what cover you can."

Analoy gives a glance at Amber, Let me know if I'm overstepping she thinks as she holds the look to the other woman. If Amber doesn't say anything, Analoy continues on to Site 2.
Analoy Landie
Current Details

Amber Dach
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron

Post by Amber Dach »

Perception: 66% = 1d100: [58] = 58 (+5% on Perception Rolls regarding vampires and the undead)
JiC: 1d20: [19] = 19 | 1d100: [68] = 68

Skills Rolls
Charm/Impress: 55% = 1d100: [93] = 93
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 84% = 1d100: [90] = 90
Land Navigation 62% = 1d100: [45] = 45
Lore: Dimensions 65% = 1d100: [1] = 1 (looking for any knowledge about dimension they are in)
Radio: Basic 65% = 1d100: [32] = 32 (checking comms)
Intelligence 53% = 1d100: [91] = 91
Constant Conditions
Sense Supernatural Evil & Sense Magic Energy: Range: 500' (100’/level) when being is not using powers or abilities; 1400’ (1000’ +100’/level) if using abilities or powers.
o Identify Type/Race of Paranormal Creature: 80% = 1d100: [100] = 100
o Track by Psychic Scent: 70% = 1d100: [88] = 88 (82% if supernatural being is also using magic)
Recognize Vampires Recognize Vampires by Appearance (special): 90% = 1d100: [71] = 71 (+10% bonus to recognize Secondary Vampires, +30% bonus to recognize Wild Vampires. -30% skill penalty to recognize Master Vampires).
Sense Rifts and Ley Lines: Senses Ley Lines up to 5 miles away, a nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away.
• The general level of experience can be made to seem much higher (1d4+3 levels higher) than it really is.
• Conceal the I.S.P. levels to be show them to be minimal (like a minor psychic).
Alter Aura will last for 8 hours. 8 hours remaining. Costs 2 I.S.P.

Sustain lasts 5 days.[/size]
Amber makes sure to use the facilities and activates her Talisman of Sustain before stepping through the Rift. She makes sure she is the first through the Rift and once she steps through it, she moves off to her left side to allow the next person through. She brings her rifle up as she goes into a crouch to minimize her exposure and to cover the rest of the group as they come through. She thinks as she looks around at the hellscape they have walked into.

She is a little disoriented, as is usual, with the contrast in this new environment compared to the normalcy of Earth. She tries to get her bearings in this alien landscape and comes around quickly. Snap too, girl! You aren’t here to sightsee, as unappealing as that would be. She double checks that everyone has arrived safely and with no ill effects. "Everyone okay? If not, sound off."
Praxis Vek wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 9:34 pm “Well guys welcome to the Three Galaxies. Your world just got infinitely bigger. Let’s do this.”
Amber replies to Praxis’ statement with one of her own. “This isn’t my first-time off world, Praxis. First time in the Three Galaxy region though. Personally, I would have picked a nicer place to visit though. Somewhere with a nice beach.”
Analoy wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 11:20 am Analoy turns from the new man and looks out over the landscape, Its a barren drek hole. It shouldn't be too hard to spot ambush points and any traps left about. She takes a deep breath and lets it out slowly, glad for the armor's environmental capacity. She doesn't turn around when she says, "Let's hit Site 2 first. Its closer and will be easier to search. Even with the automated systems that are there. If its clear we can make our way to Site 1 and start wandering through all the trashed starships."
Amber recalls her vision about Site 2 as Analoy makes the suggestion to start there.
While exploring the TEUs, Amber sees the group falling back from a horde of mechanical droids. In a flash, Amber sees Susan almost overcome until Eight gets her free. Amber sees Susan running back as Eight slashes a few more. The image fades.
“Sounds like as good of place to start as any, Analoy.”
Phinneas_Graves wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:58 pm
Stepping through the rift and onto the foreign planet's surface, Phinneas takes a second to look around and take in his surroundings. "Wow........this is really a lot worse than I thought it would be. Hey guys! Ya think maybe we should set up a second HQ here?"
Amber shakes her head. “No Phinneas, I don’t think that this would be the best place to set up a second HQ. For one, how would we get back here? Two. The neighbourhood is already occupied and I don't think they would take to kindly to us squatting on their property. Third. The environment isn’t exactly that hospitable to our bodies. Remember, there is radiation present that will slowly kill you.”

Amber pauses for a few minutes and reaches out with her senses. She tries to locate any Rifts or Ley Lines within range, and also tries to locate any supernatural threats that may be lurking nearby.
Analoy wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:40 pm Screw it, let's get his drek over with. Analoy starts moving to the east, northeast, "Eight, take the number two spot and keep us aimed the right direction. Then Pinhead takes number three. Amber is fourth, then Susan and Bigboy can take up the tail end. Keep up but don't bunch up. If the fit hits the shan, scatter and find what cover you can."
She ends her concentration with her senses when Analoy starts giving instructions to the GIRLS to get them moving. She nods in approval of Analoy’s instructions. She speaks to Eight. "Eight let us know when we are getting close to a control terminal for you to access."

She looks around at the rest of the GIRLS and says, “GIRLS. Check your comms and make sure you have all your gear before we move out. Let’s get this done.” With that said, she motions Analoy forward and she starts scanning for threats as they move forward into the alien landscape.
Amber Dach

Current Conditions
Conditions

Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Susan Lee »

Perception: 1d100: [62] = 62 / 41%
JIC: 1d100: 1d100: [85] = 85 / 1d20: [7] = 7

Traveling in Time

When Sgt. Harrison lets her off the hook, Susan awkwardly hugs her. "Thanks... girl. I'll try not to die. You also try to do so." She considers giving Harrison the information she received but decides it would just paint a target on the officer's back.

Susan salutes Brooks and Sharee when they part.

Before leaving the hangar with the team, she directly transmits copies of the information she received to Amber and Analoy, not using wifi, but through touch.

Susan also carefully checks over her equipment and makes sure that all seals are tight and she has multiple days worth of oxygen refills. And weeks of drugs. Just so many drugs. Including anti-radiation supplements.

I might die. This is reasonable. At least I'll try to take Eight with me.

When the GIRLS team pass through the portal, she sets the babies out watching to right and left, then launches her new spy drones.

"Directions for the drones, Commander?" Susan radios, not bothering to specify who she's talking to. "Also, directions, please."

When she receives instructions, she sends the spy eyes out, seeking their target.

Did Brooks and Sharee tell you just abandon the technology, new friend? Or are we going to play games?
It's DNA, all the way down./Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
Amber Dach
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron

Post by Amber Dach »

(Rolls held over)
Susan Lee wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 11:46 pm When the GIRLS team pass through the portal, she sets the babies out watching to right and left, then launches her new spy drones.

"Directions for the drones, Commander?" Susan radios, not bothering to specify who she's talking to. "Also, directions, please."

When she receives instructions, she sends the spy eyes out, seeking their target.

Did Brooks and Sharee tell you just abandon the technology, new friend? Or are we going to play games?
Amber acknowledges Susan's radio transmission, but doesn't reply on the comms. "Keep the babies on a short leash, please. The floaters I would prefer to keep out a little wider and forward of us to scout. Ideally, I would like to try to keep things quiet unless we need to. We don't want to wake anything up here if we can avoid it. Let's try to keep the chatter down on the radios too. Who knows if someone can pick it up with all the background radiation, but I would rather keep the comms for emergencies." She pauses for effect and says gravely. "And remember the vision I told you about. Swarms of bots trying to take you down." I'll do my best to keep her safe if we end up with the horde of bots chasing us down. Shrugging slightly she adds. "From what I can tell, Analoy is on the right track. Let's get moving."
Amber Dach

Current Conditions
Conditions

Praxis Vek

Post by Praxis Vek »

Rolls carried over
Analoy wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 11:20 am Analoy looks up at Praxis Vek and grins, "This isn't the weirdest place that I've ever been. Sure green and yellow are a little off the norm but it’s still just a planet. Regardless, we have a job to do. So stay focused and let's get it done." She activates the force field on her armor and unslings her rifle.
“Never said it was weird, implied it was new. Naruni Trash planets aren’t weird at all. Gemini One, that is weird. Dominate life form was Dinosaurs, they evolved into a race called the Seljuk. Humanoid dinosaurs are weird.” He chuckles to himself.
Analoy wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 11:20 am She takes a deep breath and lets it out slowly, glad for the armor's environmental capacity. She doesn't turn around when she says, "Let's hit Site 2 first. Its closer and will be easier to search. Even with the automated systems that are there. If its clear we can make our way to Site 1 and start wandering through all the trashed starships."
“Affirmative, I will take the lead.” As he uses his HUD to navigate he seems to grow about 6 inches taller and bulks up. His armor seems to have a stretch material between the plates of armor. His footfall becomes a lot heavier. He relaxes his rail gun on his shoulder keeps moving forward.
Phinneas_Graves wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:58 pm Stepping through the rift and onto the foreign planet's surface, Phinneas takes a second to look around and take in his surroundings. "Wow........this is really alot worse than I thought it would be. Hey guys! Ya think maybe we should set up a second HQ here?"
“We don’t want to be here that long especially if we aren’t wanted here.”
Amber Dach wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 7:13 pm Amber replies to Praxis’ statement with one of her own. “This isn’t my first-time off world, Praxis. First time in the Three Galaxy region though. Personally, I would have picked a nicer place to visit though. Somewhere with a nice beach.”
“Not a beach in the three galaxies that is worth dealing with the political bullshit. Let’s get this done and get back to Earth.”

I.S.P.: 38
Transformed M.D.C. - 421 (Armor - 541)
Underguard
Game Master

Post by Underguard »

Current Conditions wrote:Mission Time: 01h:30m
[The Wastelands]

The planet they now occupy is obviously scarred, the soil they stand on hardened to a point that even fine machinery would have trouble digging trough it. Battered with impact and radiation, there is a good chance this planet once actually had life but catastrophic explosions leveled it. What remains is a husk of a planet used as a dumping ground. The crew make their way to Site 2 at best speed possible, across the wastes.

The pylons are visible from even this far out. Each Pylon stands easily several thousand feet high and they circle Site 2. In between each Pylon is a radiating white energy barrier forming the fence with the energy field spanning the entire height, from pylon to pylon. "Under no circumstance should you approach the energy field." Eight reminds the team.

Analoy finds navigation to be a bit of a challenge on this planet. With the soil so hardened it leaves no tracks however dead reckoning is easy, at least for Site 2. Analoy is able to track their progress and while she does, the Maxi-man feels a growing concern over the idleness of the wastelands but beyond that, there is no concealed ground or chock points besides the pylons themselves.

Amber immediately gets a sense for the dimension they occupy; a planet in the Three Galaxies. Where, exactly, she can't be sure. She finds that whenever she uses her radio, there is static feedback that overpowers most of whatever she tries to say and beyond a certain distance it becomes more and more challenging to understand anyone. Telepathy or straight voice is the best path. Closer to Site 2, Amber starts senses the after effects of a Ley Line Storm, however there is no ley line or nexus anywhere in site.

Fortunately, the travel through the wastelands is otherwise uneventful, though the crew make sure to cautiously approach Site 2. Eight leads them towards the base of one of the pylons; each of which seem as large as a shopping center if not larger, spanning several hundred meters in length and width. It is made of a robust metal that is as solid as rock to the touch. There is a single ladder at the base of the pylon that Eight leads everyone too.

"We will need to climb several hundred feet up too the access door. The ladder chute is protected, but it will still get windy. The door is behind the chute, we cannot fly up and access it and the wind and radiation prevent flying that high. Secure any vehicles, we can return for them before heading to Site 1." Eight explains and will then start climbing the ladder. Everyone is able to follow suit, the ladder chute making even those without experience climbing able to climb. Though when everyone is four hundred feet up with a simple iron-bar chute to your back, and your allies above and below you and nothing else, some hearts might start to flutter.

Eight eventually leads them to a service hatch on the side of the pylon that Eight is able to open. Leading everyone into a dark room which can be illuminated with floodlights to reveal a single computer station, another door on the other side of the room, and some alien writing. Eight walks over to the computer station. "I can gain access through here. Understand that while I can get us inside, any defenses in place I may or may not be able to influence, so stealth should be key. When I open this door, it will lead to a maintenance frame of the pylon that will allow us to move through its entire spine. Including getting to the other side. There are automated maintenance drones but they are not programmed for combat or interaction. As long as we are not a threat and stay out of their way, our presence should go unnoticed." Eight continues explaining as the door suddenly whizzes open.

"This way." Eight says.

True to Eight's description, the next room is the skeleton of the pylon, with tubbing and framework spanning as far as the eye can see. Analoy and Amber both see several maintenance robots that look like stripped down Repo-Bots moving at various levels of the framework and Eight points them to a direction.

GM Note: You now have a choice. To sneak or not to sneak. I require 3 climbing rolls and 3 prowl rolls if attempting to sneak through the area without disrupting drones. Or combat rolls to blow through them all.
ImageImage
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
Praxis Vek

Post by Praxis Vek »

Perception: d100<22: [66] = 0
JIC: d100: [9] = 9 , d20: [2] = 2
Climb Rope (Ladder): d100<64: [77] = 0 , d100<64: [67] = 0 , d100<64: [52*] = 1

Praxis moves back to Amber and quietly says, "Boss it is your call, we can quickly neutralize the bots before they are an issue. We can try to do this stealthy but should we fail we have to fight the bots without the element of surprise. I will follow your lead on this but I need to know before we implement. My current form is not optimal for stealth. And the . . . eccentric one in the heavy armor and myself even in my human form will struggle with stealth because of our armor, but it can still definitely be done." Praxis awaits her answer. I don't envy her position choices like these are the worst. Either way she chooses I will have their back.

(If he falls from the climb he will swing out to miss his teammates and transform back to stone.)

d100<30: [35] = 0 , d100<30: [98] = 0 , d100<30: [91] = 0

Start with one and shoot until down, then move to next one rinse and repeat.
Action 1:KLS-RG-15X Manpack Electromagnetic Rail Gun (Patron Item) - To Strike: d20+2: [11]+2 = 13 | Damage: d12*10: [8]*10 = 80 MD
Action 2:KLS-RG-15X Manpack Electromagnetic Rail Gun (Patron Item) - To Strike: d20+2: [6]+2 = 8 | Damage: d12*10: [7]*10 = 70 MD
Action 3:KLS-RG-15X Manpack Electromagnetic Rail Gun (Patron Item) - To Strike: d20+2: [15]+2 = 17 | Damage: d12*10: [9]*10 = 90 MD
Action 4:KLS-RG-15X Manpack Electromagnetic Rail Gun (Patron Item) - To Strike: d20+2: [3]+2 = 5 | Damage: d12*10: [8]*10 = 80 MD
Action 5:KLS-RG-15X Manpack Electromagnetic Rail Gun (Patron Item) - To Strike: d20+2: [10]+2 = 12 | Damage: d12*10: [6]*10 = 60 MD
Action 6:KLS-RG-15X Manpack Electromagnetic Rail Gun (Patron Item) - To Strike: d20+2: [1]+2 = 3 | Damage: d12*10: [3]*10 = 30 MD

Last edited by Praxis Vek on Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Phinneas_Graves

Perception: 45% | 1d100: [52] = 52
JIC: 1d20: [6] = 6 | 1d100: [40] = 40

Detect Ambush 50% | 1d100: [85] = 85
Sense of Balance 71% | 1d100: [54] = 54
Parallel Bars and Rings 81% | 1d100: [100] = 100
Climb/Rappel 79% | 1d100: [39] = 39
Backflip 89% | 1d100: [36] = 36

Constant Conditions:
Special Abilities
5. Enhanced Senses:

As the group approaches the ladder, Phinneas shoulders his weapon and prepares to climb. When they reach the top, he looks out at the expanse and says "Man, Boom Boom, this is something else...Jerrick is really missing out..." When Eight leads them into the control room, he will un-shoulder his rail gun in a low ready position.

After Eight explains that stealth is key, and after hearing Praxis speak with Amber, Phinneas will approach Praxis, "So I may have forgotten that thermals don't work here, but I'm pretty sure that my man pots and pans over there" pointing to Eight "said that we should be stealthy and that these things aren't programmed for combat. And if we go all 'blowing shit up' to start, that might let the guy we're looking for know we're here." With that, he shoulders his rail gun again and proceeds toward the doorway to the framework. "Let's see what happens...

Climb 70% | 1d100: [19] = 19
Climb 70% | 1d100: [78] = 78
Climb 70% | 1d100: [63] = 63

Prowl 55% | 1d100: [29] = 29
Prowl 55% | 1d100: [18] = 18
Prowl 55% | 1d100: [61] = 61
Phinneas Graves
Current stats
S.D.C. 134/134
M.D.C. 110/110
P.P.E. 21/21
Amber Dach
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron

Post by Amber Dach »

Perception: 66% = 1d100: [33] = 33 (+5% on Perception Rolls regarding vampires and the undead)
JiC: 1d20: [8] = 8 | 1d100: [73] = 73

Skills Rolls
Intelligence 53% = 1d100: [49] = 49
Prowl 45% = 1d100: [39] = 39
Prowl 45% = 1d100: [50] = 50
Prowl 45% = 1d100: [68] = 68
Climb Rope/Rappel 75% = 1d100: [51] = 51
Climb Rope/Rappel 75% = 1d100: [19] = 19
Climb Rope/Rappel 75% = 1d100: [75] = 75
o Identify Type/Race of Paranormal Creature: 80% = 1d100: [44] = 44
o Track by Psychic Scent: 70% = 1d100: [43] = 43 (82% if supernatural being is also using magic)
Recognize Vampires Recognize Vampires by Appearance (special): 90% = 1d100: [99] = 99 (+10% bonus to recognize Secondary Vampires, +30% bonus to recognize Wild Vampires. -30% skill penalty to recognize Master Vampires).
Alter Aura will last for 8 hours. 8 hours remaining. Costs 2 I.S.P. [/size]
Underguard wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:26 pm Amber immediately gets a sense for the dimension they occupy; a planet in the Three Galaxies. Where, exactly, she can't be sure. She finds that whenever she uses her radio, there is static feedback that overpowers most of whatever she tries to say and beyond a certain distance it becomes more and more challenging to understand anyone. Telepathy or straight voice is the best path. Closer to Site 2, Amber starts senses the after effects of a Ley Line Storm, however there is no ley line or nexus anywhere in site.
Amber keeps her radio on standby and only uses it in an emergency. She requests the rest of the GIRLS to do the same, just in case the being they are tracking has any SIGINT resources that may pick any radio signals and give away their approach. I know that the possibility is rare that he would be able to pick up anything with the radiation, but better to be safe than sorry. She also surmises that there is a possibility that the Ley Line Storm is also interfering with the radio transmissions in addition to the background radiation.
Underguard wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:26 pm True to Eight's description, the next room is the skeleton of the pylon, with tubing and framework spanning as far as the eye can see. Analoy and Amber both see several maintenance robots that look like stripped down Repo-Bots moving at various levels of the framework and Eight points them to a direction.
Amber observes the maintenance robots that are present and compares them in her mind to ones she saw in her vision. She will warn the rest of the GIRLS if they are the ones she saw trying to pull Susan down.
Praxis Vek wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:36 pm Praxis moves back to Amber and quietly says, "Boss it is your call, we can quickly neutralize the bots before they are an issue. We can try to do this stealthy but should we fail we have to fight the bots without the element of surprise. I will follow your lead on this but I need to know before we implement. My current form is not optimal for stealth. And the . . . eccentric one in the heavy armor and myself even in my human form will struggle with stealth because of our armor, but it can still definitely be done." Praxis awaits her answer. I don't envy her position choices like these are the worst. Either way she chooses I will have their back.
Phinneas_Graves wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:53 am After Eight explains that stealth is key, and after hearing Praxis speak with Amber, Phinneas will approach Praxis, "So I may have forgotten that thermals don't work here, but I'm pretty sure that my man pots and pans over there" pointing to Eight "said that we should be stealthy and that these things aren't programmed for combat. And if we go all 'blowing shit up' to start, that might let the guy we're looking for know we're here." With that, he shoulders his rail gun again and proceeds toward the doorway to the framework. "Let's see what happens...
She acknowledges both Praxis and Phinneas’ concerns about the stealth option. She motions the GIRLS closer and says in a low voice to them all. “I understand there is a risk at being spotted. I’m not that stealthy either but like Eight said, these are maintenance bots not guards. If we can avoid them, we should be okay. So, I think stealth is the best option unless we get found out. This place is huge and there possibly could be hundreds of these bots in here that could simply overwhelm us.”

Oh, I think I may have an idea to get across this room undetected! She looks at Susan. “Doc. Do you think your new floaty eyes there could kind of hide up in the tubing or framework and be our eyes in the sky so we can plot a route that avoids the bots?”

She turns to Eight. “Eight, do you think those bots would be able to detect them if they were floating up there? If you think it is a bad idea, say so now." She lets him answer before asking more questions. "Also, is there a map or anything available of this place. And can you point out exactly where we are heading too.”

She looks around at each person. “This door is our fall-back position if things go really bad. But our goal is over there.” She points in the general direction of where Eight indicates they are going.
Amber Dach

Current Conditions
Conditions

Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Post by Analoy »

Percep 61%: 1d100: [95] = 95
JIC: 1d20: [20] = 20 1d100: [85] = 85

Prowl 75%: 1d100: [47] = 47 , 1d100: [26] = 26 , 1d100: [13] = 13
Climbing 90%: 1d100: [17] = 17 , 1d100: [7] = 7 , 1d100: [17] = 17

Conditions:
PPE: 263/243
Flight: 240/240 min, Fly, 130 mph, Max height 4000', +3 strike/dodge, +3 dmg from HTH attacks

Analoy nods as Eight gives them directions, "Seems pretty simple. Stay out of the bots way and don't break nothing." She glares over at the boys, "Y'all can do that right?" Boys! Just wanna stomp around and prove how tough they are. At least he knows he's no sneaky snake. I guess that's a plus. She grins to herself as she pictures Praxis thumping his chest like a gorilla, then she has another idea.

Turning to the Doc, Analoy says, "Hey Susan, how about I give you a lift? That way you can monitor your babies while we make our way through the pylon." Analoy concentrates for a moment and the tattoo of the Heart with Large Wings vanishes from her chest, then her feet raise up off the floor as she hovers about a foot off the ground.

Analoy looks over at the rest of the team, "I don't think Eight will have an issue being silent but I could play ferry to the rest of you, if there's going to be a noise issue otherwise. Though Vek may need to go on a diet." She looks over the man judging his mass and is just not sure if she could carry him in his present form.
Analoy Landie
Current Details

Underguard
Game Master

Post by Underguard »

Current Conditions wrote:Mission Time: 03h:10m
"I would discourage it; they would be able to detect it, whether they perceived it as a threat is unknown. These drones are stripped of all but the most basic subroutines, they are simple intelligences. The weapons they have would be no match for anything we carry. However, fighting or becoming a threat to them does alert the rest of the system. An alert would trigger a corporate investigation, and those have no time table; a response could be within hours or months." Eight explains, but points out along the catwalk. "However, the pylon has several main ladder-ways that span the length of the pylon, connecting the various access points. As long as we avoid the drones when they use the ladders, we can descend straight down." Eight finishes.

The group begins their navigation of the pylon and avoiding the maintenance bots instead of outright engaging them. Eight leads them down a large grated catwalk that spans several other directions, each connecting to different structural points. In the center of the pylon is a large, enclosed generator that goes the length of the pylon. Those of the group who look up can see constant electrical charges being pulled from the central generator towards either side of the pylon. The railing is minimal on the catwalks since all of the workers are automatons, leaving most of the GIRLS more comfortable closer to the center of the walkway. They eventually find a central descent ladder that is protected by a chute near each catwalk but completely expose for several dozen feet between them. This ladder also goes up the length of the pylon. The group needs to go several hundred feet down, and this ladder can get them there. It is the main causeway for the simple drones doing menial tasks as well.

Praxis goes first and his foot slips almost immediately, causing him to almost get stuck in the chute until he can unhook his foot from the ladder. Everyone else gracefully glides on by comparison and the descent begins. When the chute disappears and everyone is completely exposed to just possibly falling several hundred feet, a butterfly may stir and the desire to hug the ladder a little tighter increases to those without flight. About a hundred feet down, entering the next chute, Praxis doesn't see the maintenance drone that begins climbing on the ladder and the two collide, causing the maintenance drone to be lodged in the chute and as Phinneas tries moving around, he nearly rolls on the outside of the chute but is able to catch himself.

Analoy, Amber and Eight are all having far less trouble, though Susan has yet to start climbing down, possibly content to wait at the top? In an attempt to unstuck himself and the maintenance drone in the chute, Praxis is able to kick the maintenance drone and send it free falling as he regains his control and continues his descent.

The group is able to see bottom and a pair of maintenance drones that seem to be ascending the ladder, though there are still several levels between them and the drones so the group splits off to let them continue upwards. Praxis nearly bumps into one of the drones while Phinneas almost trips back down the chute before stumbling back away. True to Eight's description, both of them simply climb past the team. The team is then able to finish their descent without any more scares.

At the bottom, another pair of drones are seen carrying away the husk of the drone Praxis shoved through the chute. If the drones see the team, they don't react and Eight leads them on. "This is the main level; no catwalks but a lot more drones. The main generator access is only on this level, however it is operated by what could be considered advanced drones; more firepower and logical processing power but still simple intelligences. We should avoid them, they can identify that we do not belong here unlike the simpler drones." Eight explains, leading the group around the generator hub which is large enough that you can either walk along the edge of the structure, or through it as it takes up more than half the ground space. Amber is the only one that spots one of the advanced drones, and it seems a lot closer to what Repo-Bots look like now, still less armor and weapons but it looks considerably tougher than the simple drones.

Though the group is less than stealthy, they soon find that the drones probably couldn't care less about them. Walking around the drones and avoiding their direct walk path proves to be the easiest method of travel, though both Praxis and Graves crash into each other while avoiding a different drone. Amber ducts her own drone and trips into the three of them, making for a rather odd pile of people on the ground for a second. When the trio get up from their collision, they each see that the drone they intended to dodge has stopped and is looking at them, though doing nothing else.

"They are not hostile yet, calmly move past them." Eight warns. There are several other drones that are moving around further out, and Amber spots one of the Advanced Drones marching towards their location.

What are you doing?

Map.png

Amber:
Analoy:
Susan:
Phinneas:
Praxis:
ImageImage
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
Amber Dach
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron

Post by Amber Dach »

Perception: 66% = 1d100: [42] = 42 (+5% on Perception Rolls regarding vampires and the undead)
JiC: 1d20: [18] = 18 | 1d100: [87] = 87

Skills Rolls
Intelligence 53% = 1d100: [81] = 81
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 84% = 1d100: [97] = 97
o Identify Type/Race of Paranormal Creature: 80% = 1d100: [90] = 90
o Track by Psychic Scent: 70% = 1d100: [72] = 72 (82% if supernatural being is also using magic)
Recognize Vampires Recognize Vampires by Appearance (special): 90% = 1d100: [96] = 96 (+10% bonus to recognize Secondary Vampires, +30% bonus to recognize Wild Vampires. -30% skill penalty to recognize Master Vampires).
Alter Aura will last for 8 hours. 8 hours remaining. Costs 2 I.S.P. [/size]

Amber silently curses under her breath as she trips into Phinneas and Praxis. What the frak guys? Get it together! She holds her tongue though as she extricates herself from the pile.

She keeps her voice low as she notices the Advanced Drone approaching. “Advanced Drone approaching directly ahead. Move away from the Drones slowly. Do not engage unless they open fire. But be ready.”

She will move to the East to extricate herself from the middle of the Drones to avoid being caught in between them. She trusts that her Sixth Sense will alert her to any imminent danger from the Drones and starts to move slowly away from them, keeping them in front of her as best she can as she moves away. She keeps her weapon in a non-threatening position, but ready to use if needed as she back away. As she carefully moves away, she thinks about the number of Drones they have observed on their journey to this point. I really hope that Eight is correct that we can just move away from them. Otherwise we will have a huge problem.

Combat Contingency
If any of the Drones attack them, Amber will immediately fire at the closest Drone until it goes down. Amber switches targets to the Advanced Drone if her target goes down.

Initiative: 1d20+3 = 1d20+3: [2]+3 = 5
Non-Combat Action: Activate Force Field in Armour
If nearest Drone is at range.
Action 1: Fire with NE-11 at nearest Drone: 1d20+3: [18]+3 = 21 ; Damage: 1d4x10: [2] = 2 = 20 MD
Action 2: Fire with NE-11 at nearest Drone: 1d20+3: [3]+3 = 6 ; Damage: 1d4x10: [3] = 3 = 30 MD
Action 3: Fire with NE-11 at nearest Drone: 1d20+3: [10]+3 = 13 ; Damage: 1d4x10: [3] = 3 = 30 MD
Action 4: Fire with NE-11 at nearest Drone: 1d20+3: [20]+3 = 23 ; Damage: 1d4x10: [4] = 4 = 80 MD CRIT!
Action 5: Fire with NE-11 at nearest Drone: 1d20+3: [3]+3 = 6 ; Damage: 1d4x10: [1] = 1 = 10 MD
Action 6: Fire with NE-11 at nearest Drone: 1d20+3: [4]+3 = 7 ; Damage: 1d4x10: [1] = 1 = 10 MD

If nearest Drone moves to melee range, she will summon her Psi-Sword and activate her Crystal Deflector Gauntlet.

Action 1: Strike drone with Psi-Sword: 1d20+7: [12]+7 = 19 ; Damage: 5d6: [6, 5, 1, 3, 2] = 17 MD
Action 2: Strike drone with Psi-Sword: 1d20+7: [13]+7 = 20 ; Damage: 5d6: [1, 1, 3, 3, 5] = 13 MD
Action 3: Strike drone with Psi-Sword: 1d20+7: [2]+7 = 9 ; Damage: 5d6: [1, 4, 2, 6, 3] = 16 MD
Action 4: Strike drone with Psi-Sword: 1d20+7: [20]+7 = 27 ; Damage: 5d6: [6, 4, 5, 6, 2] = 23 x2 = 46 MD CRIT!
Action 5: Strike drone with Psi-Sword: 1d20+7: [7]+7 = 14 ; Damage: 5d6: [4, 1, 5, 4, 2] = 16 MD
Action 6: Strike drone with Psi-Sword: 1d20+7: [11]+7 = 18 ; Damage: 5d6: [6, 5, 6, 1, 6] = 24 MD

Parries with Shield (6): 1d20+7: [20]+7 = 27 , 1d20+8: [15]+8 = 23 , 1d20+8: [2]+8 = 10 , 1d20+8: [4]+8 = 12 , 1d20+8: [17]+8 = 25 , 1d20+8: [20]+8 = 28
Amber Dach

Current Conditions
Conditions

Return to “G.I.R.L.S. Adventure Forum”