Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

User avatar
Amber Dach
Posts: 105
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:50 am

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Amber Dach »

(Rolls held over)
Jezebel wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 4:16 pm Jez nods and looks back at the GIRLS. "If I were in a mood, I'd say we've been in extreme danger ever since we crossed our employer's path. Still, that's a fine observation. Have you a productive suggestion to go with it? Cuz I'm surveying the situation and I'd love the options ahead of us to not be: 'Option A--trap, Option B--worse trap, Option C--you guessed it, another trap.'"
Understatement of the decade, Jez. She thinks as she sighs audibly. "I don't disagree with you there, Jez. I don't detect anything specifically threatening here... yet, but I'll shout out when I do." She continues. "So are we busting through this door or what? I rather get on with this. The anticipation of something happening is worse than actually facing it... well, some of the time anyway. "

(Amber will use her unused combat rolls from above too if necessary.)
Combat Rolls
Amber Dach wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:03 pm Combat Rolls Initiative: 1d20+9 = 1d20+9: [15]+9 = 24
Non-Combat Action: Activate Crystal Deflector Gauntlet (Apsis shape 40” diameter, 80 MDC)

Action 1: Strike with TX-26 at nearest attacker: 1d20+2 = 1d20+2: [18]+2 = 20 ; Damage: 5d6 MD = 5d6: [4, 6, 1, 4, 5] = 20 MD
Action 2: Strike with TX-26 at nearest attacker: 1d20+2 = 1d20+2: [14]+2 = 16 ; Damage: 5d6 MD = 5d6: [3, 1, 4, 3, 4] = 15 MD
Action 3: Strike with TX-26 at nearest attacker: 1d20+2 = 1d20+2: [3]+2 = 5 ; Damage: 5d6 MD = 5d6: [2, 5, 3, 4, 4] = 18 MD
Action 4: Strike with TX-26 at nearest attacker: 1d20+2 = 1d20+2: [6]+2 = 8 ; Damage: 5d6 MD = 5d6: [6, 3, 2, 5, 2] = 18 MD
Action 5: Strike with TX-26 at nearest attacker: 1d20+2 = 1d20+2: [18]+2 = 20 ; Damage: 5d6 MD = 5d6: [4, 5, 3, 4, 1] = 17 MD
Action 6: Strike with TX-26 at nearest attacker: 1d20+2 = 1d20+2: [3]+2 = 5 ; Damage: 5d6 MD = 5d6: [2, 2, 5, 1, 4] = 14 MD

Parries with Shield: 1d20+8: [15]+8 = 23 , 1d20+8: [19]+8 = 27 , 1d20+8: [18]+8 = 26 , 1d20+8: [19]+8 = 27 , 1d20+8: [9]+8 = 17 , 1d20+8: [7]+8 = 15
Amber Dach

Current Conditions
Conditions
P.P.E.: 23/33
I.S.P.: 76/150
H.P.: 33/33
S.D.C.: 87/87

Crystal Deflector Gauntlet: 11/15 melee round charges remaining


Image
User avatar
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 215
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:23 pm

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Analoy »

Percep: 58%= 1d100: [30] = 30
JIC: 1d20: [10] = 10 1d100: [57] = 57

Conditions
PPE: 247/182;
NG-L5: Shots 10/4
Knight in Full Armor - 210/199.75 min , 115/96 M.D.C.
Black Sun (Darkness Powers) - 35/24.75 min duration, nightvision 600’; see in magical darkness; can recognize shadow beasts and other shadow-linked creatures even in shadows; Cloak of darkness & Shadow meld (BoM p.93 & 103)
Skills Rolls
Tracking: People 70%: 1d100: [57] = 57 (to looks for signs of people having moved around)
Prowl 65%: 1d100: [83] = 83
Detect Ambush 75%: 1d100: [96] = 96
Analoy shrugs if anyone looks at her asking about something in the techo-babble in regard to the Repo-Bots, then gives a long look down the corridor with her darkness powers.

Chuckling at Jez's statement, Analoy gives another shrug and says, "Nothing we can do now but whatever it is we stepped in." Frak, I wish I could shadow step with these darkness powers. Oh well, I'll work with what I got.

She looks down the hall again and says, "You want me to take the lead?" as she melds with the closest shadow.

If instructed to do so, Analoy will take the lead and work her way down the narrow hall until she reaches room 13. If room 13 proves to be clear, she will move out into the hall and take up a position guarding the way to the north.

If the group keeps moving north to clear the rest of the rooms, Analoy will take up a position to guard the rear just south of the junction with room 13.
Combat rolls
Actions: 6
Init: 1d20+1

1. paired Strike: 1d20: [17] = 17 (mace +2, sword +3) Dmg: Mace: 4d12: [11, 8, 7, 12] = 38 , Sword: 4d6: [2, 5, 4, 4] = 15 MD
2. paired Strike: 1d20: [11] = 11 (mace +2, sword +3) Dmg: Mace: 4d12: [6, 12, 9, 7] = 34 , Sword: 4d6: [4, 5, 5, 2] = 16 MD
3. paired Strike: 1d20: [9] = 9 (mace +2, sword +3) Dmg: Mace: 4d12: [5, 3, 1, 2] = 11 , Sword: 4d6: [1, 2, 4, 3] = 10 MD
4. paired Strike: 1d20: [8] = 8 (mace +2, sword +3) Dmg: Mace: 4d12: [8, 6, 3, 4] = 21 , Sword: 4d6: [6, 2, 2, 5] = 15 MD
5. paired Strike: 1d20: [7] = 7 (mace +2, sword +3) Dmg: Mace: 4d12: [4, 4, 3, 4] = 15 , Sword: 4d6: [2, 3, 6, 3] = 14 MD
6. paired Strike: 1d20: [5] = 5 (mace +2, sword +3) Dmg: Mace: 4d12: [5, 5, 3, 1] = 14 , Sword: 4d6: [2, 1, 5, 6] = 14 MD

If needed, Dodge/Parry: 1d20+8: [15]+8 = 23 , 1d20+8: [4]+8 = 12 , 1d20+8: [1]+8 = 9 , 1d20+8: [4]+8 = 12 , 1d20+8: [3]+8 = 11 , 1d20+8: [20]+8 = 28 (Parry an additional +2 w/ mace, +3 w/sword)
Analoy Landie
Current Details
P.P.E.: 227/227
M.D.C.: 196/196
Charm/Impress: 20%

Image
Image
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
Posts: 630
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Jezebel »

(rolls carried over)
Amber wrote:"I don't disagree with you there, Jez. I don't detect anything specifically threatening here... yet, but I'll shout out when I do. So are we busting through this door or what? I rather get on with this. The anticipation of something happening is worse than actually facing it... well, some of the time anyway."
Annie wrote:She looks down the hall again and says, "You want me to take the lead?" as she melds with the closest shadow.
Jez runs through the ADF SOP in her head like a religious mantra from a temple to Atlas before speaking. "Our initial objective is to secure access to the station's digital infrastructure via an access terminal. We should be able to gain valuable intel from that and make better informed choices with that intel. There are three rooms up this north-leading passage. The first two are to labs, the last is to a gear lockup--and that suggests DANGER to me. It's time to clear and secure those rooms--swiftly and professionally. Don't bother to investigate deeply until we've got all three cleared and secured--I don't want something creeping up on up from further down the passage while we're dicking around in the first room." She pauses long enough for all of that to sink in. You're all smart and capable enough to handle this. Use your heads and your initiative within the parameters given--that's how you don't get killed. "Quick now, up and in through the first door. Annie, you've got point since you've got that neat trick." Jez leads them up to the first door (#13) and nods Annie the go ahead to open it up.

Contingency: If Jez's ability is required to open the door, she'll do so. Once open, the GIRLS will sweep and clear the room--checking for hostiles or survivors before exiting back into the passageway to repeat the process in the next two rooms (14 & 15).
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 67
S.D.C.: 133/133
P.T.P.: 1600/1600
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)
Image
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 234
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Susan Lee »

ROLLS HELD

"I would also recommend shutting off access to this area's or floor's systems to the other floors unless we are able to seize complete control of all systems throughout the base immediately."

She pauses. "I can send Cordelia in first to scout for an ambush rather than risking Annie's life, as well."
It's DNA, all the way down./Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
Image
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
Posts: 560
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Underguard »

Conditions wrote:Location: Naruni Facility ZAB-01SA, South America, Brasil
Time/Date: 01:03:00 PM (1.5 minutes have passed); January 1st, 112PA
Environmental Conditions: 66°F (18.9°C); Cool, stale air.
Eight looks to Jezebel and shakes its head. "Nothing. I offered because I am the expendable one. Should a threat exist and damage me, you all will be able to complete your mission for the creator. Should any one of you die due to negligence, it would sour our arrangement." Eight explains matter-of-factly. "As for protections; I am afraid that is outside my knowledge. I do know this facility is moderated by an Artificial Intelligence and each researcher had their own AI assistant within the facility mainframe. Judging on that, I would infer it is option two."

After sizing up their options, Jez issues her directive to her comrades, with Analoy taking the lead. Susan, not one to risk life, sends her drone ahead of the group as they begin clearing the rooms. Amber is still wrecking her brain trying to pin down what that monster was, but she can smell its psionic residue as it lingers in the air; the scent is weak, suggesting distance.

The corridor is longer than anyone could possibly think is necessary, but the GIRLS reach the first Lab without incident (#13). Analoy uses her powers over darkness to meld with the shadows and essentially vanish from sight in the dimly lit hallway and room. Upon entering, Analoy can see that nothing is hiding in the darkness and the other GIRLS enter from the Hallway.

This lab (#13) has three different stations within it. Each station its own self contained unit with a functional, though inactive, computer and equipment. It seems that this room is meant to house small projects of the weapon or software nature.

Jezebel gives the room a quick but scrutinizing search and finds nothing out of the ordinary; except maybe that all three lab consoles appear devoid of any actual project work. Jez is able to find the hidden pistol holster at each lab station as backups for the researchers. Each in a different location on the given lab console, each with a pistol in the holster except one.

As Jez is scrutinizing the room, Analoy moves back out and turns north. Pausing at the doorframe and still looking for any clues that might help, Analoy spots a dried half palm-print of blood that is so faded she nearly missed it. The placement of the hand, angling and age seems to indicate someone was injured and ran northward down the Hallway. Other than the pistol being missing from the second station, Jez is confident the room is clear.

Milly, meanwhile, is pulling the rear of the group as it advances and can see the drone named Captain Cullen by Susan as it fades against the distance and darkness. The silence in the hallway thick as Susan reads a sensor ping on Captain Cullen. If she tries to remote view through the drone, will see nothing eastbound in the facility from the security junction, except darkness.


Jezebel: -19 M.D.C. N-F50A
Analoy: -19 MDC from Knight in Full Armor
Megan: -36 M.D.C. from Main Body of SAMAS
Susan:
Amber: Shield -22 MDC | -4 I.S.P.
Millicent:

What are you doing?
AA Professional Services GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Exe (PW GA) || EP Ledger
ImageImage
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
Posts: 630
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Jezebel »

Perception: 77% / 1d100: [23] = 23
JIC: 1d20: [6] = 6 / 1d100: [92] = 92
Conditions: Critical strike on 18-20, K.O. on N20, Energy Resistance, Optic Glasses worn, N-F50A active

Jez grabs both of the two pistols and shoves them in her harness. No such thing as being too prepared. She then hightails it out the door towards the next room North. On her way, she radios, "There's likely a survivor in the area, or there was one at one time. An emergency sidearm was missing from its concealed holster back by one of the stations, so I figure it might be a researcher. Be watchful for a jumpy, trigger-happy nerd scared outta his wits. Let's clear these rooms so we know our backsides are covered before we tear these rooms apart looking for answers."

Skills used during infiltration
Prowl 95% / 1d100: [48] = 48 (+20% vs sensors) (self-explanatory)
Detect Ambush 90% / 1d100: [38] = 38 (self-explanatory)
Trap/Mine Detection 85% / 1d100: [25] = 25 (self-explanatory)
Find Contraband and Illegal Weapons 81% / 1d100: [44] = 44 (to discern any concealed things of interest)
Intelligence 82% / 1d100: [83] = 83 (to discern any useful intel from what she sees)
Detect Concealment 85% / 1d100: [58] = 58 (to discern any concealed things of interest)
Computer Hacking 90% / 1d100: [18] = 18 (+25% when merged, +20% to computer skills against passive security) (to gain access to root systems to know the IT network structure)
Surveillance 75% / 1d100: [68] = 68 (to detect any surveillance of the team)

Combat Stuff: Just use my intended actions from last post if such is necessary.
Jezebel wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:01 am
Combat Stuff
Initiative (+8 added): 1d20+8: [7]+8 = 15
Non-Combat Action:
Action 1: Aiming
Action 2: Double Blast with NE-9DB Plasma Shotgun. Aimed Strike: 1d20+9: [14]+9 = 23 , Damage: 2d6*10: [2, 5]*10 = 70 M.D.
Action 3-5: reload NE-9DB Plasma Shotgun
Action 6: Aiming
Action 7: Double Blast with NE-9DB Plasma Shotgun. Aimed Strike: 1d20+9: [3]+9 = 12 , Damage: 2d6*10: [4, 5]*10 = 90 M.D.
Action 8-10: reload NE-9DB Plasma Shotgun

Parries (+15 included): 1d20+15: [12]+15 = 27 , 1d20+15: [14]+15 = 29 , 1d20+15: [19]+15 = 34 , 1d20+15: [6]+15 = 21 , 1d20+15: [8]+15 = 23 , 1d20+15: [3]+15 = 18 , 1d20+15: [3]+15 = 18 , 1d20+15: [10]+15 = 25 , 1d20+15: [7]+15 = 22 1d20+15: [6]+15 = 21
Auto-Dodges (+9 included): 1d20+9: [17]+9 = 26 , 1d20+9: [20]+9 = 29 , 1d20+9: [9]+9 = 18 , 1d20+9: [1]+9 = 10 , 1d20+9: [12]+9 = 21 , 1d20+9: [3]+9 = 12 , 1d20+9: [9]+9 = 18 1d20+9: [4]+9 = 13 , 1d20+9: [4]+9 = 13 , 1d20+9: [11]+9 = 20
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 67
S.D.C.: 133/133
P.T.P.: 1600/1600
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)
Image
User avatar
Amber Dach
Posts: 105
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:50 am

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Amber Dach »

Perception: 39% = 1d100: [2] = 2
JiC: 1d20: [13] = 13 | 1d100: [2] = 2

Skills Rolls
Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy
o Identify Type/Race of Paranormal Creature: 78% = 1d100: [14] = 14
o Track by Psychic Scent: 65% = 1d100: [5] = 5 (79% if supernatural being is also using magic)
Intelligence 49% = 1d100: [34] = 34 (scanning around her for any intel)
Prowl ability 30% = 1d100: [91] = 91 (self explanatory)
Constant/Active Conditions
Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense: Range 180’
Sense Supernatural Evil & Sense Magic Energy: Range 300’
Sense the Presence of Vampires and Vampire Intelligences: Range 1000' radius
Sense Rifts and Ley Lines: Senses Ley Lines up to 5 miles away, a nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away.

Alter Aura to change her aura in the following ways:
• The general level of experience can be made to seem much higher (1d4+3 levels higher) than it really is.
• Conceal the I.S.P. levels to be show them to be minimal (like a minor psychic).
• Conceal the presence of magic.
Alter Aura will last for 8 hours. 2.5 hours remaining. Costs 2 I.S.P.
Jezebel wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 2:09 pm Jez grabs both of the two pistols and shoves them in her harness. No such thing as being too prepared. She then hightails it out the door towards the next room North. On her way, she radios, "There's likely a survivor in the area, or there was one at one time. An emergency sidearm was missing from its concealed holster back by one of the stations, so I figure it might be a researcher. Be watchful for a jumpy, trigger-happy nerd scared outta his wits. Let's clear these rooms so we know our backsides are covered before we tear these rooms apart looking for answers."
Amber continues to scan around the room looking for intel, as well as threats. She keeps reaching out with her senses to keep track of R71 and for anything else that may be lurking along their route forward. She replies to Jez’s radio message with a quick, “Roger that. R71 seems to have retreated from the area. I’m not sensing anything supernatural nearby at the moment.” Great, a scared scientist that may blast us when we are trying to rescue them. I don't have much sympathy for these people if R71 is any indication of what they are experimenting on here, but I guess we better help him out.

She moves to a position near the front of their formation, as they move down the hallway in front of them. She will be careful to clearly identify any target that presents itself to avoid endangering any scientist that may be hiding.

Combat Rolls
Initiative: 1d20+9 = 1d20+9: [1]+9 = 10
Non-Combat Action: Activate Crystal Deflector Gauntlet (Apsis shape 40” diameter, 80 MDC)

Action 1: Strike with TX-26 at nearest attacker: 1d20+2 = 1d20+2: [7]+2 = 9 ; Damage: 5d6 MD = 5d6: [6, 1, 5, 5, 2] = 19 MD
Action 2: Strike with TX-26 at nearest attacker: 1d20+2 = 1d20+2: [19]+2 = 21 ; Damage: 5d6 MD = 5d6: [6, 4, 3, 3, 3] = 19 MD
Action 3: Strike with TX-26 at nearest attacker: 1d20+2 = 1d20+2: [12]+2 = 14 ; Damage: 5d6 MD = 5d6: [2, 1, 4, 6, 3] = 16 MD
Action 4: Strike with TX-26 at nearest attacker: 1d20+2 = 1d20+2: [8]+2 = 10 ; Damage: 5d6 MD = 5d6: [6, 2, 2, 2, 2] = 14 MD
Action 5: Strike with TX-26 at nearest attacker: 1d20+2 = 1d20+2: [8]+2 = 10 ; Damage: 5d6 MD = 5d6: [1, 6, 3, 3, 2] = 15 MD
Action 6: Strike with TX-26 at nearest attacker: 1d20+2 = 1d20+2: [13]+2 = 15 ; Damage: 5d6 MD = 5d6: [2, 4, 2, 1, 4] = 13 MD

Parries with Shield (6): 1d20+8: [16]+8 = 24 , 1d20+8: [15]+8 = 23 , 1d20+8: [9]+8 = 17 , 1d20+8: [15]+8 = 23 , 1d20+8: [18]+8 = 26 , 1d20+8: [12]+8 = 20
Amber Dach

Current Conditions
Conditions
P.P.E.: 23/33
I.S.P.: 76/150
H.P.: 33/33
S.D.C.: 87/87

Crystal Deflector Gauntlet: 11/15 melee round charges remaining


Image
User avatar
Millicent Mayeux
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:04 pm

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Millicent Mayeux »

Perception: 1d100<57: [23*] = 1
JIC: 1d100: [59] = 59 | 1d20: [6] = 6
Active: Integrated N-40A Forcefield:110/110
  • 22/24 NE-001PC clip


Trap. Millicent agrees in her head. She continues to play rear guard, trying to keep in mind any hidden or recessed security systems she might identify. I think I Like the hives better Milly settles on, knowing any flor panel might hide a hostile gun turret.

She will keep watch at the Security Junction (5).

Millicent makes a point of keeping her profile near the walls of the security Junction, but she does reposition herself every minute or so, being more antsy than anything. ”All clear back here.” Even though Millicent knows the monster went deeper into the facility, she keeps an eye on their retreat too, risking a look down towards Item Loadout (4) every so often.
Millicent Mayeux
Millicent Mayeux
  • HP:23/23
  • SDC:30/30
  • ISP:57/57
  • Helmet*: 70/70
  • R. Arm: 50/50
    • Right Forearm Housing: 60/60
      • Jumper Cables*: 2/2
      • Air Drill*: 2/2
      • Air Grinder*: 4/4
      • Air Impact Drill*: 5/5
      • Air Hammer*: 4/4
      • Vibro-Cutters*: 2/2
      • UEL Cables*: 6 each
  • L. Arm:50/50
    • Left Forearm Diagnostic Computer: 30/30
  • Main Body: 185/185
    • R. Chest Light with M.D.C. Shutters: 35/35
    • L. Chest Light with M.D.C. Shutters*: 35/35
    • Air Tank (lower back): 15/15
  • R.Leg:90/90
  • L.Leg:90/90
    • Leg Drum/Tank #1 (left, upper leg): 16/16
    • Leg Drum/Tank #2 (left, upper leg): 16/16
    • Leg Drum/Tank #3 (left, upper leg): 16/16
  • Integrated N-40A Forcefield:110/110
*=-4 to hit, called shot only.

Image
User avatar
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 215
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:23 pm

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Analoy »

Percep: 58%= 1d100: [12] = 12
JIC: 1d20: [19] = 19 1d100: [67] = 67

Conditions
PPE: 247/182;
NG-L5: Shots 10/4
Knight in Full Armor - 210/198.25 min , 115/96 M.D.C.
Black Sun (Darkness Powers) - 35/23.25 min duration, nightvision 600’; see in magical darkness; can recognize shadow beasts and other shadow-linked creatures even in shadows; Cloak of darkness & Shadow meld (BoM p.93 & 103)
Skills Rolls
Tracking: People 70%: 1d100: [57] = 57 (to looks for signs of people having moved around)
Prowl 65%: 1d100: [59] = 59
Detect Ambush 75%: 1d100: [77] = 77
Analoy is making her way quietly as she can north, up the hallway when Jez's radio call comes in and she replies, "Looks like they're injured too. I've got a bloody palm print out here. Its only a partial buts its dried and looks like they were headed north. If they didn't get any help, this might be a non-issue but everyone stay on your toes." Frak. I hope this guy's still alive. He could be able to give us some vital intell.

Analoy continues skimming along in the shadows as they make their way north to clear the other rooms. She watch for signs of the blood trail as well as any additional clues that other people, or hostiles, made their way up this hallway.

If anything attacks her, she will tear into it with combined strikes from her mace and sword, until the others can back her up. She considers powering up additional tattoos, possibly the gorilla, but decides to conserve her PPE until they truly know what's going on here.
Combat rolls
Actions: 6
Init: 1d20+1: [9]+1 = 10

1. paired Strike: 1d20: [9] = 9 (mace +2, sword +3) Dmg: Mace: 4d12: [4, 12, 3, 11] = 30 , Sword: 4d6: [2, 6, 2, 2] = 12 MD
2. paired Strike: 1d20: [10] = 10 (mace +2, sword +3) Dmg: Mace: 4d12: [12, 9, 10, 7] = 38 , Sword: 4d6: [1, 6, 4, 1] = 12 MD
3. paired Strike: 1d20: [5] = 5 (mace +2, sword +3) Dmg: Mace: 4d12: [6, 4, 1, 8] = 19 , Sword: 4d6: [2, 2, 6, 6] = 16 MD
4. paired Strike: 1d20: [16] = 16 (mace +2, sword +3) Dmg: Mace: 4d12: [5, 2, 11, 8] = 26 , Sword: 4d6: [2, 5, 1, 1] = 9 MD
5. paired Strike: 1d20: [9] = 9 (mace +2, sword +3) Dmg: Mace: 4d12: [3, 9, 10, 5] = 27 , Sword: 4d6: [4, 2, 2, 2] = 10 MD
6. paired Strike: 1d20: [16] = 16 (mace +2, sword +3) Dmg: Mace: 4d12: [8, 10, 5, 8] = 31 , Sword: 4d6: [2, 4, 4, 3] = 13 MD

If needed, Dodge/Parry: 1d20+8: [6]+8 = 14 , 1d20+8: [14]+8 = 22 , 1d20+8: [1]+8 = 9 , 1d20+8: [4]+8 = 12 , 1d20+8: [12]+8 = 20 , 1d20+8: [2]+8 = 10 (Parry an additional +2 w/ mace, +3 w/sword)
Analoy Landie
Current Details
P.P.E.: 227/227
M.D.C.: 196/196
Charm/Impress: 20%

Image
Image
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 234
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Susan Lee »

Perception: 1d100: [94] = 94 / 38%
JIC: 1d20: [3] = 3 / 1d100: [4] = 4

CONDITIONS: See Invisible, NF40A integrated into armor (110 MDC) Active; 2xNF20A on Northern Gun Drones (75 MDC) Active

Susan notices the ping from Cullen, and pops up on everyone's HUDs, "Contact ping from our rear. No visual. Moving Cullen up within physical sight range. Likely incoming with some kind of technical-spoofing capabilities."

She then orders Cullen to move towards the group until she can see it. Not knowing what threat, if any, is approaching, she holds fire, but keeps an eye on the radar from the Naruni armor.

Dodges: 1d20+10: [11]+10 = 21 , 1d20+10: [7]+10 = 17 , 1d20+10: [11]+10 = 21 , 1d20+10: [12]+10 = 22 , 1d20+10: [9]+10 = 19 , 1d20+10: [2]+10 = 12
It's DNA, all the way down./Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
Image
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
Posts: 560
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Underguard »

Conditions wrote:Location: Naruni Facility ZAB-01SA, South America, Brasil
Time/Date: 01:05:00 PM (About two minutes have passed); January 1st, 112PA
Environmental Conditions: 66°F (18.9°C); Cool, stale air.

After securing the two Slim-Line pistols, Jez directs the others to move with her, northbound to the remaining rooms in the wing. Amber takes point with Jez. They quickly connect with Analoy and head north. Jezebel finds evidence of a struggle and a red light on the door to the second research lab (#14) with Eight approaching. "Odd. This room is locked down from within. Each Research Lab has a containment protocol that can be initiated, allowing for a complete lockdown of the room should containment be breached, such as with R71. Atmosphere in the room is vented and an acidic vapor is released. I'm afraid that door won't open unless we reactivate the facility or blow it off, and we risk spreading that vapor if it hasn't cycled yet if we do." Eight warns Jezebel, turning to her. "I suggest we move forward." Eight adds, Amber taking Jezebels flank at the door. Jezebel sees a black circle on the door console with a small blue light that is concealed into the console, likely a security camera recording anyone who uses the console. Amber picks up a psionic scent from the doorway that feels familiar to the Atlantean but its congested or weak, far weaker than anything she's felt. Being this close to the door, Amber can now sense what feels like a vampire.

While Amber and Jez stop at the door, Analoy continues tracing the tracks she found and they lead past the second research station and towards the Equipment Lockup (#15). Going as far as the corner before the doorway, Analoy finds the body of an alien that was been shredded. It lay dead before a closed door leading to the lockup that is indented with claw marks and caked on fluid.

Meanwhile, Milly stays behind at Junction 5 while her team ascends down the research wing, maintaining watch of the dark corridor while listening into the radio. When she hears Jez radio that they are to move to the next room and a possible survivor, Milly finds herself looking down the Research Wing. It's then that Milly hears a thud that softly echoes from the east of the facility. The Security Drone Susan left behind, Captain Cullen, helping to monitor also seems to pick it up. Susan alerting them of the sensor ping prompts Milly to do her own sweep while Susan moves the drone up the wing hallway. Tapping the Nightvision first, Milly notes that the darkness in some spots is too deep for the nightvision to see. Switching to IR and UV, she sees nothing.

GIRLS Movement 5.png


(2) NE-3 Slim-Line "Gambler" Revolver
Image
  • Range: 200'
  • Damage: 3D6 M.D.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shots only
  • Payload: 3-round cylinder (NE-001PC)
  • Weight: 1 lb.
  • Features: Superior balance; highly concealable
  • Modifiers: +1 to strike on aimed shots; +20% to conceal; W.P. Handguns or W.P. Energy Pistol
  • Book Reference: p.24-25, DB8

Code: Select all

[b]NE-3 Slim-Line "Gambler" Revolver[/b]
[img]http://explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2017/07/15/20170715092638-6d2e77e1.png[/img]
[size=85][list][*]Range: 200'
[*]Damage: 3D6 M.D.
[*]Rate of Fire: Single shots only
[*]Payload: 3-round cylinder (NE-001PC)
[*]Weight: 1 lb.
[*]Features: Superior balance; highly concealable
[*]Modifiers: +1 to strike on aimed shots; +20% to conceal; W.P. Handguns or W.P. Energy Pistol
[*]Book Reference: p.24-25, DB8[/list][/size]




Jezebel: -19 M.D.C. N-F50A
Analoy: -19 MDC from Knight in Full Armor
Megan: -36 M.D.C. from Main Body of SAMAS
Susan:
Amber: Shield -22 MDC | -4 I.S.P.
Millicent:

What are you doing?
AA Professional Services GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Exe (PW GA) || EP Ledger
ImageImage
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
User avatar
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 215
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:23 pm

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Analoy »

Percep: 58%= 1d100: [58] = 58
JIC: 1d20: [3] = 3 1d100: [78] = 78

Conditions
PPE: 247/182;
NG-L5: Shots 10/4
Knight in Full Armor - 210/192.25 min , 115/96 M.D.C.
Black Sun (Darkness Powers) - 35/21.25 min duration, nightvision 600’; see in magical darkness; can recognize shadow beasts and other shadow-linked creatures even in shadows; Cloak of darkness & Shadow meld (BoM p.93 & 103)
Skills Rolls
Tracking: People 70%: 1d100: [13] = 13 (to looks for signs of people having moved around)
Prowl 65%: 1d100: [64] = 64
Detect Ambush 75%: 1d100: [38] = 38
Analoy kneels down to check the body for vitals. She knows its pointless but she feels she has to check, she also pats it down to see if its carrying anything of note. Clicking on her comms, she says, "Jez. I found the missing researcher. They didn't quite make it to the Equipment Lockup. Looks to be torn up and there are claw marks in the door. R71 could have done it, but at this point who knows. The door to the Equipment Lockup is closed." She considers going ahead and checking the room. Frak. If I did that, it'd be just my luck that R71 has bifurcated or multiplied somehow and its, I don't know spawn?, is waiting for me in there.

Looking back down at the body, Analoy says, "I'll wait for you guys so we can clear the room."

Once at least some of the others arrive at the Equipment Lockup, Analoy tries the door. If it opens she'll move it to clear the room.
Combat rolls
Actions: 6
Init: 1d20+1: [13]+1 = 14

1. paired Strike: 1d20: [3] = 3 (mace +2, sword +3) Dmg: Mace: 4d12: [2, 12, 8, 8] = 30 , Sword: 4d6: [1, 6, 6, 4] = 17 MD
2. paired Strike: 1d20: [2] = 2 (mace +2, sword +3) Dmg: Mace: 4d12: [2, 7, 12, 5] = 26 , Sword: 4d6: [2, 5, 1, 6] = 14 MD
3. paired Strike: 1d20: [1] = 1 (mace +2, sword +3) Dmg: Mace: 4d12: [5, 12, 5, 2] = 24 , Sword: 4d6: [2, 1, 1, 2] = 6 MD
4. paired Strike: 1d20: [20] = 20 (mace +2, sword +3) Dmg: Mace: 4d12: [4, 8, 5, 4] = 21 , Sword: 4d6: [2, 3, 4, 5] = 14 MD
5. paired Strike: 1d20: [3] = 3 (mace +2, sword +3) Dmg: Mace: 4d12: [6, 8, 4, 12] = 30 , Sword: 4d6: [3, 1, 1, 5] = 10 MD
6. paired Strike: 1d20: [12] = 12 (mace +2, sword +3) Dmg: Mace: 4d12: [11, 4, 5, 10] = 30 , Sword: 4d6: [1, 3, 2, 5] = 11 MD

If needed, Dodge/Parry: 1d20+8: [1]+8 = 9 , 1d20+8: [16]+8 = 24 , 1d20+8: [7]+8 = 15 , 1d20+8: [6]+8 = 14 , 1d20+8: [4]+8 = 12 , 1d20+8: [20]+8 = 28 (Parry an additional +2 w/ mace, +3 w/sword)
Analoy Landie
Current Details
P.P.E.: 227/227
M.D.C.: 196/196
Charm/Impress: 20%

Image
Image
User avatar
Amber Dach
Posts: 105
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:50 am

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Amber Dach »

Perception: 39% = 1d100: [5] = 5
JiC: 1d20: [20] = 20 | 1d100: [55] = 55

Skills Rolls
Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy
o Identify Type/Race of Paranormal Creature: 78% = 1d100: [35] = 35
o Track by Psychic Scent: 65% = 1d100: [89] = 89 (79% if supernatural being is also using magic)
Lore: Demons & Monsters 50% = 1d100: [19] = 19 (knowledge of the vampire)
Intelligence 49% = 1d100: [13] = 13 (scanning around her for any intel)
Prowl ability 30% = 1d100: [14] = 14 (self explanatory)
Constant/Active Conditions
Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense: Range 180’
Sense Supernatural Evil & Sense Magic Energy: Range 300’
Sense the Presence of Vampires and Vampire Intelligences: Range 1000' radius
Sense Rifts and Ley Lines: Senses Ley Lines up to 5 miles away, a nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away.

Alter Aura to change her aura in the following ways:
• The general level of experience can be made to seem much higher (1d4+3 levels higher) than it really is.
• Conceal the I.S.P. levels to be show them to be minimal (like a minor psychic).
• Conceal the presence of magic.
Alter Aura will last for 8 hours. 2.5 hours remaining. Costs 2 I.S.P.
The hairs on the back of Amber’s neck raise as she feels the presence of a vampire behind the door. She quickly says over the secure comms, “Do NOT open that door!” If anyone attempts to open the door, she will stop them physically if necessary. “Sorry for the outburst, GIRLS, but I am sensing a vampire behind that door. It feels wrong, somehow. Maybe the acid vapour that was released is causing it." She shrugs. "My people have been fighting vampires for centuries and you need to be prepared to battle this vile creatures." She silently chides herself. I knew I should have brought some proper vampire fighting gear coming here down South.

She holsters her TX-26 and checks that her MP-10 has silver rounds loaded. “Jez, Eight. When we regain control of the facility, we need to keep this room locked down. We do not want this abomination getting loose.” I may have to come back here after we regain control and make sure this thing is destroyed personally. She re-holsters the MP-10 and draws her TX-26 again, since they are not going to be confronting the vampire... yet.

(OCC - I used Combat Rolls from my last post if needed.)
Amber Dach wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 7:08 pm
Combat Rolls
Initiative: 1d20+9 = 1d20+9: [1]+9 = 10
Non-Combat Action: Activate Crystal Deflector Gauntlet (Apsis shape 40” diameter, 80 MDC)

Action 1: Strike with TX-26 at nearest attacker: 1d20+2 = 1d20+2: [7]+2 = 9 ; Damage: 5d6 MD = 5d6: [6, 1, 5, 5, 2] = 19 MD
Action 2: Strike with TX-26 at nearest attacker: 1d20+2 = 1d20+2: [19]+2 = 21 ; Damage: 5d6 MD = 5d6: [6, 4, 3, 3, 3] = 19 MD
Action 3: Strike with TX-26 at nearest attacker: 1d20+2 = 1d20+2: [12]+2 = 14 ; Damage: 5d6 MD = 5d6: [2, 1, 4, 6, 3] = 16 MD
Action 4: Strike with TX-26 at nearest attacker: 1d20+2 = 1d20+2: [8]+2 = 10 ; Damage: 5d6 MD = 5d6: [6, 2, 2, 2, 2] = 14 MD
Action 5: Strike with TX-26 at nearest attacker: 1d20+2 = 1d20+2: [8]+2 = 10 ; Damage: 5d6 MD = 5d6: [1, 6, 3, 3, 2] = 15 MD
Action 6: Strike with TX-26 at nearest attacker: 1d20+2 = 1d20+2: [13]+2 = 15 ; Damage: 5d6 MD = 5d6: [2, 4, 2, 1, 4] = 13 MD

Parries with Shield (6): 1d20+8: [16]+8 = 24 , 1d20+8: [15]+8 = 23 , 1d20+8: [9]+8 = 17 , 1d20+8: [15]+8 = 23 , 1d20+8: [18]+8 = 26 , 1d20+8: [12]+8 = 20
Last edited by Amber Dach on Tue May 25, 2021 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amber Dach

Current Conditions
Conditions
P.P.E.: 23/33
I.S.P.: 76/150
H.P.: 33/33
S.D.C.: 87/87

Crystal Deflector Gauntlet: 11/15 melee round charges remaining


Image
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
Posts: 630
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Jezebel »

Perception: 77% / 1d100: [27] = 27
JIC: 1d20 / 1d20: [15] = 15
Conditions: Critical strike on 18-20, K.O. on N20, Energy Resistance, NE-BA-26 & Stalker Suit worn, N-F50A active
Analoy wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 2:47 pm"Jez. I found the missing researcher. They didn't quite make it to the Equipment Lockup. Looks to be torn up and there are claw marks in the door. R71 could have done it, but at this point who knows. The door to the Equipment Lockup is closed. I'll wait for you guys so we can clear the room."
Jez radios "Copy, Annie. Gimme a sec and I'll help you crack open that nut." then turns to Amber.
Amber Dach wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 5:15 pm“Do NOT open that door! Sorry for the outburst, GIRLS, but I am sensing a vampire behind that door. It feels wrong, somehow. Maybe the acid vapour that was released is causing it. My people have been fighting vampires for centuries and you need to be prepared to battle this vile creatures." “Jez, Eight. When we regain control of the facility, we need to keep this room locked down. We do not want this abomination getting loose.”
Lore: Demons & Monsters 75% / 1d100: [37] = 37 (what's a vampire again?)
Invoke Trust: 88% / 1d100: [42] = 42 (gotta chill Amber out & keep her focused on mission)
Jez opens her visor to get a breath of fresh air and speak directly to Amber. She tries to put Amber at ease. "I studied a bit about these things between binge eating before this last assignment. They really don't like silver, right?" Jez pats the NE-RV01 Ripper Vibro-Knife on her harness and flicks the ammo pouch bulging with loaded magazines hanging next to it. "Ten millimeter silver rounds," she says smiling. "Most of them are intelligent, right? If so, we'll negotiate aggressively; if not, I'll help you put it down. Either way, we likely gotta deal with it." She rests a hand on Amber's shoulder briefly. "But first let's deal with the other spaces in this area. See if you can communicate with the vampire while we check this other room." She points out the black circle on the door console with the little blue light. "If it doesn't wanna parlay, come help us out."

Jez turns to Eight, "Help her establish contact." Jez hops across the distance between doors and lands next to Annie.

I wonder if the bad mother-frakkers in this place realize that we're not trapped in here with THEM, but that they're trapped in here with US? Jez examines the door closely. If she thinks she can kick it in, she'll do so. Send a loud & clear message to these shits that they ain't the only bad bitches in here. If the door looks too sturdy to be swiftly kicked in, she'll see about unlocking it via more conventional [skills] means. Facing the door, she looks over shoulder to Annie. "Cover me, yeah?" She then goes about doing whichever she needs to do. Once the door is open she'll clear the room for any hostiles while inspecting it for further clues about what the frak all went down here.

Jezebel wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 2:09 pm
Skills used during infiltration
Prowl 95% / 1d100: [48] = 48 (+20% vs sensors) (self-explanatory)
Detect Ambush 90% / 1d100: [38] = 38 (self-explanatory)
Trap/Mine Detection 85% / 1d100: [25] = 25 (self-explanatory)
Find Contraband and Illegal Weapons 81% / 1d100: [44] = 44 (to discern any concealed things of interest)
Intelligence 82% / 1d100: [83] = 83 (to discern any useful intel from what she sees)
Detect Concealment 85% / 1d100: [58] = 58 (to discern any concealed things of interest)
Computer Hacking 90% / 1d100: [18] = 18 (+25% when merged, +20% to computer skills against passive security) (to gain access to root systems to know the IT network structure)
Surveillance 75% / 1d100: [68] = 68 (to detect any surveillance of the team)
Jezebel wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:01 am
Combat Stuff
Initiative (+8 added): 1d20+8: [7]+8 = 15
Non-Combat Action:
Action 1: Aiming
Action 2: Double Blast with NE-9DB Plasma Shotgun. Aimed Strike: 1d20+9: [14]+9 = 23 , Damage: 2d6*10: [2, 5]*10 = 70 M.D.
Action 3-5: reload NE-9DB Plasma Shotgun
Action 6: Aiming
Action 7: Double Blast with NE-9DB Plasma Shotgun. Aimed Strike: 1d20+9: [3]+9 = 12 , Damage: 2d6*10: [4, 5]*10 = 90 M.D.
Action 8-10: reload NE-9DB Plasma Shotgun

Parries (+15 included): 1d20+15: [12]+15 = 27 , 1d20+15: [14]+15 = 29 , 1d20+15: [19]+15 = 34 , 1d20+15: [6]+15 = 21 , 1d20+15: [8]+15 = 23 , 1d20+15: [3]+15 = 18 , 1d20+15: [3]+15 = 18 , 1d20+15: [10]+15 = 25 , 1d20+15: [7]+15 = 22 1d20+15: [6]+15 = 21
Auto-Dodges (+9 included): 1d20+9: [17]+9 = 26 , 1d20+9: [20]+9 = 29 , 1d20+9: [9]+9 = 18 , 1d20+9: [1]+9 = 10 , 1d20+9: [12]+9 = 21 , 1d20+9: [3]+9 = 12 , 1d20+9: [9]+9 = 18 1d20+9: [4]+9 = 13 , 1d20+9: [4]+9 = 13 , 1d20+9: [11]+9 = 20
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 67
S.D.C.: 133/133
P.T.P.: 1600/1600
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)
Image
User avatar
Amber Dach
Posts: 105
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:50 am

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Amber Dach »

(Rolls held over)
Jezebel wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 5:34 pm
Jez opens her visor to get a breath of fresh air and speak directly to Amber. She tries to put Amber at ease. "I studied a bit about these things between binge eating before this last assignment. They really don't like silver, right?" Jez pats the NE-RV01 Ripper Vibro-Knife on her harness and flicks the ammo pouch bulging with loaded magazines hanging next to it. "Ten millimeter silver rounds," she says smiling. "Most of them are intelligent, right? If so, we'll negotiate aggressively; if not, I'll help you put it down. Either way, we likely gotta deal with it." She rests a hand on Amber's shoulder briefly. "But first let's deal with the other spaces in this area. See if you can communicate with the vampire while we check this other room." She points out the black circle on the door console with the little blue light. "If it doesn't wanna parlay, come help us out."

Jez turns to Eight, "Help her establish contact." Jez hops across the distance between doors and lands next to Annie.
Amber blinks in surprise at what Jez asks her to try to accomplish. She obviously does not realize the threat these abominations are. She opens her visor and replies. "Sorry Jez. I can not, or will not try to negotiate with a vamp, other than aggressively, as you put it. They are too cunning and dangerous to do anything other than destroy. They are a plague upon the Megaverse and need to be destroyed at once. The only good vamp in my opinion, is a staked, decapitated and burned one."

She takes a deep breath before explaining more about their vulnerability. "That is true that silver can harm them, Jez. Water, wood, fire and daylight can, too. Crucifixes can hold them at bay. They have a form of mind control that allows them to subtlety control their victims." She takes a moment to remember more about their abilities. "What else. Oh, yes. They can change form into a mist, a wolf or a bat. And they can also summon fog, canines or vermin. Not mention, they regenerate very fast and have supernatural strength." She lets her information set in for a short while. "We can't get inside that room until we regain control of the facility, so why worry about it until then."
Amber Dach

Current Conditions
Conditions
P.P.E.: 23/33
I.S.P.: 76/150
H.P.: 33/33
S.D.C.: 87/87

Crystal Deflector Gauntlet: 11/15 melee round charges remaining


Image
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
Posts: 630
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Jezebel »

(rolls held over)
Amber Dach wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 5:58 pm"We can't get inside that room until we regain control of the facility, so why worry about it until then?
Jez spins on a heel, sincerely pissed, but keeping it under wraps for the time being. Behind her polarized visor, she keys her radio and tries not to let her clenched teeth carry through the signal. "I said try and talk to it, not abandon all your beliefs, hatreds, and marry the frakking thing. Why worry about it? Because it might have answers. Because it might be of use. Because tactically it will be AT OUR BACKS when we leave this corridor." She shakes her head. "Nevermind. Help Annie & I clear this next room."

She keys a line to Millicent & beams her a private text message. Get up here and try and communicate with whatever's in this room. Amber's chosen a stupid time to let a personal hatred blind her to practical necessity. You're probably better with machines anyway.
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 67
S.D.C.: 133/133
P.T.P.: 1600/1600
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)
Image
User avatar
Amber Dach
Posts: 105
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:50 am

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Amber Dach »

(Rolls held over)

Skill Rolls
Charm/Impress: 55% = 2d100: [22, 74] = 96 (to try to impress upon Jez the validity of her concerns about approaching the vampire)
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 70% = 1d100: [64] = 64 (to try to get Jez to trust her judgment concerning the vampire)
Jezebel wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 8:13 pm Jez spins on a heel, sincerely pissed, but keeping it under wraps for the time being. Behind her polarized visor, she keys her radio and tries not to let her clenched teeth carry through the signal. "I said try and talk to it, not abandon all your beliefs, hatreds, and marry the frakking thing. Why worry about it? Because it might have answers. Because it might be of use. Because tactically it will be AT OUR BACKS when we leave this corridor." She shakes her head. "Nevermind. Help Annie & I clear this next room."
Amber shakes her head silently. She really doesn't understand the threat of the vampire scourge. She calms her voice before replying. "This isn't some personal vendetta or mindless hatred, Jez. This is cold, solid reasoning based on centuries of hard-won knowledge by my People. I say this with all due respect. But, you don't really know what these creatures are capable of. I would recommend not approaching or speaking to it at all. They are master manipulators." Amber has a truly terrifying thought run through her mind. What if a vampire got loose in here and is the cause of the facility going offline. They could have corrupted a researcher and it would cascade from there. By the Gods. I hope that isn't the case! We are really not prepared for that

She takes a deep breath before going on. "I realize it would be behind us, Jez. But according to Eight, the fail-safe is operating, and it was tripped from inside. I suspect this is another specimen that they were experimenting on here and whoever was working on it tripped the fail-safe before it could escape when the facility went offline. If that is the case they may have saved the facility. It is trapped in there for now. So why mess with the controls here and risk blowing acid everywhere and having this thing escape? If we want real answers, we need to find a member of the staff." She stands up a little straighter and nods at Jez. "Alright, I'm with you to clear the next room.

Amber proceeds to the next room with Jez and Analoy, while keeping an eye on the door they are leaving. If anyone approaches it, she will give them a solemn warning on a private radio channel imploring them to not speak with the vampire.
Amber Dach

Current Conditions
Conditions
P.P.E.: 23/33
I.S.P.: 76/150
H.P.: 33/33
S.D.C.: 87/87

Crystal Deflector Gauntlet: 11/15 melee round charges remaining


Image
User avatar
Millicent Mayeux
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:04 pm

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Millicent Mayeux »

Perception: 1d100<57: [18*] = 1
JIC: 1d100: [41] = 41 | 1d20: [14] = 14
Active: Integrated N-40A Forcefield:110/110
  • 22/24 NE-001PC clip


At the sound, Milly will whip around and draw both pistols in lightning succession. She stays aimed for a long moment before she realizes nothing is revealing itself immediately. ”I think we are going to have some company soon.” Millicent whispers over her comms. She slowly makes her way to the corner leading to the research wing and takes an overwatch position in the direction from the sound. She continues to switch her vision and makes sure to check behind her and her flanks periodically. She even ensures nothing might be between herself and the team down the research wing. The team is right. That brute is not our primary enemy here. Something else… worse, is in here with us.
Jezebel wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 8:13 pmShe keys a line to Millicent & beams her a private text message. Get up here and try and communicate with whatever's in this room. Amber's chosen a stupid time to let a personal hatred blind her to practical necessity. You're probably better with machines anyway.
Milllicent looks down the hallway leading to the research rooms. Then she looks down the dark hallway leading deeper into the facility. Ill be back. ”Don’t start the party without me.” she whispers to the darkness.

”Roger that, boss. Coming up on your six.” Millicent take sone last look into he darkness and then turns and begins a quick pace down the hallway to catch up to Jez.

If/when she gets to the locked door, she will stop and eye up the door. ”I hear we need to talk to someone behind this door?” She looks it up and down. This is a cell. ”There should be some means of communication with the prisoner.” Millicent muses, focused on the problem instead of the consequences.

If she sees any input ports, Millicent will jack in with her fingerjack and attempt to familiarize herself with the systems.

Relevant rolls:
Computer Operation: 1d100<70: [3*] = 1 (+5 from armor)
Electrical engineer: [roll]1d100vs70[/roll]
Mechanical Engineer: 1d100<60: [61] = 0
Sensory Equipment: 1d100<69: [47*] = 1 (+5 from armor)
Radio:Basic: 1d100<75: [36*] = 1
Basic Mechanics: 1d100<55: [28*] = 1

If there is no mechanical input option, Millicent will reach out with Telemechanics (-10)(or Telemechanic Mental Operation(-12)) and attempt to connect to the systems surrounding the cell. If it is unpowered she will attempt to us Elektrokinesis (varies) to power the systems.

lets see what’s behind door number 2.

Millicent attempts to get some form of visual before talking. If she is only able open up a Comms channel, she will do so, tieing Jez and amber into the channel so they can listen in. She will listen for a moment first, trying to discern if she can hear anything the rough the pickups in the cell. ”If the occupant of this containment cell can hear my voice, my team is just outside your door. If you have any knowledge of the current state of this facility, now is your chance to tell us what you know and plead your case to avoid a complete purge.”

Invoke Trust/ Intimidate: 1d100<15: [100] = 0
Barter: 1d100<42: [38*] = 1
Millicent Mayeux
Millicent Mayeux
  • HP:23/23
  • SDC:30/30
  • ISP:57/57
  • Helmet*: 70/70
  • R. Arm: 50/50
    • Right Forearm Housing: 60/60
      • Jumper Cables*: 2/2
      • Air Drill*: 2/2
      • Air Grinder*: 4/4
      • Air Impact Drill*: 5/5
      • Air Hammer*: 4/4
      • Vibro-Cutters*: 2/2
      • UEL Cables*: 6 each
  • L. Arm:50/50
    • Left Forearm Diagnostic Computer: 30/30
  • Main Body: 185/185
    • R. Chest Light with M.D.C. Shutters: 35/35
    • L. Chest Light with M.D.C. Shutters*: 35/35
    • Air Tank (lower back): 15/15
  • R.Leg:90/90
  • L.Leg:90/90
    • Leg Drum/Tank #1 (left, upper leg): 16/16
    • Leg Drum/Tank #2 (left, upper leg): 16/16
    • Leg Drum/Tank #3 (left, upper leg): 16/16
  • Integrated N-40A Forcefield:110/110
*=-4 to hit, called shot only.

Image
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 234
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Susan Lee »

Perception: 1d100: [6] = 6 / 38%
JIC: 1d20: [8] = 8 / 1d100: [2] = 2

CONDITIONS: CONDITIONS: NF40A integrated into armor (110 MDC) Active; 2xNF20A on Northern Gun Drones (75 MDC) Active; See Invisible; Radar from Naruni Armor (always active along with suit)

Susan makes sure Cullen is providing cover for Millie, then moves up the hall, so that she is behind Cordelia, ready to back up Jez, drawing her own anti-vampire Ripper and slinging her rifle.

"Surely between Amber, the Commander and Analoy we have more than enough magic and other capabilities to handle a single vampire."

Were there sinks in the previous rooms...?

She does a careful scan of her radar in case something is using a chameleon or darkness-based ability to hide near Millie. If she sees anything, she gets on the radio and alerts everyone to its presence. "Team, please remain calm, but I am detecting a stealth unit in XX location, I recommend we create a plan before letting it know we are aware of its presence."
It's DNA, all the way down./Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
Image
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
Posts: 560
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Underguard »

Conditions wrote:Location: Naruni Facility ZAB-01SA, South America, Brasil
Time/Date: 01:05:45 PM (About 45 seconds have passed); January 1st, 112PA
Environmental Conditions: 66°F (18.9°C); Cool, stale air.
As Analoy settles in to wait near the Lockup near the body, she notices that the sliding door has blood streaks at the bottom of it, suggesting it was opened and closed amid the pool of blood from the body.
Amber then suddenly rings across the net about vampires and securing the door to the second research lab (#14) with Jezebel quickly trying to remember what she knows about them. Fortunately, the Arismal soldier enjoys being prepared and has studied them before as she opens her visor to calm her comrade.

After a brief verbal confrontation between Jezebel and Amber about the vampire, both GIRLS head north to the room Analoy is on. Milly heads Jez's request and turns north, the eerie darkness and silence of the eastern hallway staying still as she moves.

Milly, with Susan and Eight, stands before the second lab (#14) looking for access ports. This is unlike anything she has seen when it comes to a cell. The access panel is simple, a card and port are visible with a camera. The Lab itself is highly secured, seemingly to rely on audio, biological and textile authorizations before entering. Milly can't seem to find any way to connect with the interior of the room however, though she senses a low source of power coming from the center of the room behind the door.

A little further north, while Milly works on the door, Jezebel and Amber head north to reinforce Analoy. Moving past the body and Analoy, Jez approaches the door. It definitely does not look as secure as either lab room's door was. First, Jez tests its integrity by kicking it. Her foot causes the door to thud as she leaves a dent mark. Using her hands, Jez wedges the door open, making a loud scraping sound.

When the door is a third of the way open, a single weapons discharge is heard while Jezebel watches a plasma round splash across her shield (-4 MDC to shield), causing her to step back and allowing the door to shut. There are no other shots fired and no movement is heard. If Jezebel had to guess, the shot came from low, not high and wasn't terribly accurate, either. Everyone in the hallway hears the weapons discharge.

GIRLS Movement 7.png



Jezebel: -23 M.D.C. N-F50A
Analoy: -19 MDC from Knight in Full Armor
Megan: -36 M.D.C. from Main Body of SAMAS
Susan:
Amber: Shield -22 MDC | -4 I.S.P.
Millicent:

What are you doing?
AA Professional Services GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Exe (PW GA) || EP Ledger
ImageImage
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
Posts: 630
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Jezebel »

Perception: 77% / 1d100: [86] = 86
JIC: 1d20: [20] = 20 / 1d100: [38] = 38
Conditions: Critical strike on 18-20, K.O. on N20, Energy Resistance, NE-BA-26 & Stalker Suit worn/merged, N-F50A active
GM wrote:Jez approaches the door. It definitely does not look as secure as either lab room's door was. First, Jez tests its integrity by kicking it. Her foot causes the door to thud as she leaves a dent mark. Using her hands, Jez wedges the door open, making a loud scraping sound. When the door is a third of the way open, a single weapons discharge is heard while Jezebel watches a plasma round splash across her shield (-4 MDC to shield), causing her to step back and allowing the door to shut. There are no other shots fired and no movement is heard. If Jezebel had to guess, the shot came from low, not high and wasn't terribly accurate, either. Everyone in the hallway hears the weapons discharge.
Damnit. Okay, the hard way then. She spots the keypad in whatever the frak language that is on the keys, and slips a tendril into it as she crouches down beside it. Merging with the electronic pad she first tries a simple brute force override. If that fails, she'll attempt to hack the security system at this point of user-access to open the door.

Should attempts to hack the door fail, she'll use a literal brute force approach and yank the door open while yelling inside via her loudspeaker. "We're here to evacuate the survivors! If you're staff, you're safe with us!" Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88% / 1d100: [81] = 81 Prior to this she'll have motioned for Amber & Annie to slip inside while she's drawing fire keeping the door open.

Jezebel wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 2:09 pm
Skills used during infiltration
Prowl 95% / 1d100: [48] = 48 (+20% vs sensors) (self-explanatory)
Detect Ambush 90% / 1d100: [38] = 38 (self-explanatory)
Trap/Mine Detection 85% / 1d100: [25] = 25 (self-explanatory)
Find Contraband and Illegal Weapons 81% / 1d100: [44] = 44 (to discern any concealed things of interest)
Intelligence 82% / 1d100: [83] = 83 (to discern any useful intel from what she sees)
Detect Concealment 85% / 1d100: [58] = 58 (to discern any concealed things of interest)
Computer Hacking 90% / 1d100: [18] = 18 (+25% when merged, +20% to computer skills against passive security) (to gain access to & open the door)
Surveillance 75% / 1d100: [68] = 68 (to detect any surveillance of the team)
Combat Stuff
Initiative (+8 added): 1d20+8: [2]+8 = 10
Non-Combat Action: Open door
Actions 1-2: Keep door wedged wide open so Annie & Amber can rush inside
Action 3: Let door close/rush in at assailant
Action 4: Attempt to disarm assailant with open handed slaps at his/her weapon. Disarm: 1d20+8: [14]+8 = 22
Action 5: Attempt to disarm assailant with open handed slaps at his/her weapon. Disarm: 1d20+8: [3]+8 = 11
Action 6: Attempt to disarm assailant with open handed slaps at his/her weapon. Disarm: 1d20+8: [11]+8 = 19
Action 7: Attempt to disarm assailant with open handed slaps at his/her weapon. Disarm: 1d20+8: [14]+8 = 22
Action 8: Attempt to disarm assailant with open handed slaps at his/her weapon. Disarm: 1d20+8: [19]+8 = 27
Action 9: Attempt to disarm assailant with open handed slaps at his/her weapon. Disarm: 1d20+8: [10]+8 = 18
Action 10: Attempt to disarm assailant with open handed slaps at his/her weapon. Disarm: 1d20+8: [2]+8 = 10

Parries (+15 included): 1d20+15: [14]+15 = 29 , 1d20+15: [11]+15 = 26 , 1d20+15: [20]+15 = 35 , 1d20+15: [14]+15 = 29 , 1d20+15: [1]+15 = 16 , 1d20+15: [13]+15 = 28 , 1d20+15: [9]+15 = 24 , 1d20+15: [4]+15 = 19 , 1d20+15: [3]+15 = 18 , 1d20+15: [17]+15 = 32
Auto-Dodges (+9 included): 1d20+9: [14]+9 = 23 , 1d20+9: [13]+9 = 22 , 1d20+9: [10]+9 = 19 , 1d20+9: [5]+9 = 14 , 1d20+9: [16]+9 = 25 , 1d20+9: [15]+9 = 24 , 1d20+9: [10]+9 = 19 , 1d20+9: [8]+9 = 17 , 1d20+9: [18]+9 = 27 , 1d20+9: [15]+9 = 24
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 67
S.D.C.: 133/133
P.T.P.: 1600/1600
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)
Image
User avatar
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 215
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:23 pm

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Analoy »

Percep: 58%= 1d100: [34] = 34
JIC: 1d20: [20] = 20 1d100: [59] = 59

Conditions
PPE: 247/182;
NG-L5: Shots 10/4
Knight in Full Armor - 210/191.5 min , 115/96 M.D.C.
Black Sun (Darkness Powers) - 35/20.5 min duration, nightvision 600’; see in magical darkness; can recognize shadow beasts and other shadow-linked creatures even in shadows; Cloak of darkness & Shadow meld (BoM p.93 & 103)
Skills Rolls
Prowl 65%: 1d100: [52] = 52
Detect Ambush 75%: 1d100: [7] = 7
Lore: Demons & Monsters 65%: 1d100: [44] = 44
Analoy nods to Jez and as soon as the door opens she dives through. Frak, I hope whatever's in here is just a scared staff member.

Once through the door she doesn't stop moving. She bounds around the room trying to draw the fire of whatever shot and Jez. She doesn't even attempt to move into strike, she just dodges and parries if she happens to be close enough to the being firing. Just help keep it busy. If they can't get whatever it is to stop shooting, I can pop out and grapple it to the floor. Eventually she disappears into a shadow, unless Amber or Jez has the being subdued already.

If Jez's words calm the shooter, Analoy moves in quietly and says, "We've secured everything back to the entry. Your welcome to leave, but we could really use some information as to what happened here." She stays back from the shooter and tries to look, not non-threatening but at least like she's not going to attack.

Combat rolls
Actions: 6
Init: 1d20+1: [6]+1 = 7

1. Dodge/Parry: 1d20+8: [13]+8 = 21 (Parry an additional +2 w/ mace, +3 w/sword)
2. Dodge/Parry: 1d20+8: [9]+8 = 17 (Parry an additional +2 w/ mace, +3 w/sword)
3. Dodge/Parry: 1d20+8: [3]+8 = 11 (Parry an additional +2 w/ mace, +3 w/sword)
4. Dodge/Parry: 1d20+8: [17]+8 = 25 (Parry an additional +2 w/ mace, +3 w/sword)
5. Dodge/Parry: 1d20+8: [7]+8 = 15 (Parry an additional +2 w/ mace, +3 w/sword)
6. Hide in Shadow
Analoy Landie
Current Details
P.P.E.: 227/227
M.D.C.: 196/196
Charm/Impress: 20%

Image
Image
User avatar
Amber Dach
Posts: 105
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:50 am

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Amber Dach »

Perception: 39% = 1d100: [93] = 93
JiC: 1d20: [11] = 11 | 1d100: [17] = 17

Skills Rolls
Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy
o Identify Type/Race of Paranormal Creature: 78% = 1d100: [46] = 46
o Track by Psychic Scent: 65% = 1d100: [85] = 85 (79% if supernatural being is also using magic) (to keep tracking R71)
Language: Other: Spanish 89% = 1d100: [43] = 43
Intelligence 49% = 1d100: [60] = 60 (scanning around her for any intel)
Prowl ability 30% = 1d100: [43] = 43 (self explanatory)
Constant/Active Conditions
Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense: Range 180’
Sense Supernatural Evil & Sense Magic Energy: Range 300’
Sense the Presence of Vampires and Vampire Intelligences: Range 1000' radius
Sense Rifts and Ley Lines: Senses Ley Lines up to 5 miles away, a nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away.

Alter Aura to change her aura in the following ways:
• The general level of experience can be made to seem much higher (1d4+3 levels higher) than it really is.
• Conceal the I.S.P. levels to be show them to be minimal (like a minor psychic).
• Conceal the presence of magic.
Alter Aura will last for 8 hours. 2.25 hours remaining. Costs 2 I.S.P.
Amber takes position and holsters her TX-26 and draws her sword as she readies herself to enter the room. As Jez opens the door, she takes a deep calming breath. Be calm, she thinks, trying to radiate a calming feeling. She lets Analoy enter first and goes to the opposite side of the room that Analoy goes with the expectation that Jez will go straight ahead like she usually does. She draws her vibrosword ahead but does not attack unless there is something more threatening than what they believe to be a scared staff member trying to hide from whatever is going on in the facility. Amber will dive into the room and tries to get behind cover before attempting to start a dialog with whoever is firing through the door. She decides to call out in Spanish, hoping that whoever is in the room is a local and speaks the language, “¡Deja de disparar! No queremos hacerte daño. Estamos aquí para ayudar.”

Translation
(Stop firing! We mean you no harm. We are here to help.)
Combat Rolls
Initiative: 1d20+9 = 1d20+9: [15]+9 = 24
Action 1/2: Dodge/roll into room looking for cover: 1d20+6 = 1d20+6: [18]+6 = 24
Action 3: Parry: 1d20+6 = 1d20+6: [12]+6 = 18
Action 4: Parry: 1d20+6 = 1d20+6: [9]+6 = 15
Action 5: Parry: 1d20+6 = 1d20+6: [4]+6 = 10
Action 6: Parry: 1d20+6 = 1d20+6: [10]+6 = 16
Amber Dach

Current Conditions
Conditions
P.P.E.: 23/33
I.S.P.: 76/150
H.P.: 33/33
S.D.C.: 87/87

Crystal Deflector Gauntlet: 11/15 melee round charges remaining


Image
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
Posts: 560
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Underguard »

Conditions wrote:Location: Naruni Facility ZAB-01SA, South America, Brasil
Time/Date: 01:07:00 PM (About a minute has passed); January 1st, 112PA
Environmental Conditions: 66°F (18.9°C); Cool, stale air.

In the darkness of the Lockup, Analoy is the first to hear the shuffle of movement as she sees a tall, lenky humanoid stand in the far corner of the room. It moves forward and pauses ten feet from the door, looking at Analoy then Jez and Amber. "English." A voice states, though Analoy can clearly see no mouth on the alien. Everyone recognizes the alien as an Uteni, the public face of Naruni Enterprises.

The scientist stands tall with its arms tucked into the small of its back and a single holster seen on the belt. After a pause, the Uteni nods to the trio. "Protocol Rukh was activated. Facility was compromised, evacuation. Minutes after the facility went offline and quarantine was breached. I barely made it to this lockup and escaped R71's rampage. I cannot tell you more unfortunately, I have been in this lockup for some time." The Uteni states.


Jezebel: -23 M.D.C. N-F50A
Analoy: -19 MDC from Knight in Full Armor
Megan: -36 M.D.C. from Main Body of SAMAS
Susan:
Amber: Shield -22 MDC | -4 I.S.P.
Millicent:

What are you doing?
AA Professional Services GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Exe (PW GA) || EP Ledger
ImageImage
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 234
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Susan Lee »

Perception: 1d100: [69] = 69 / 38%
JIC: 1d20: [18] = 18 / 1d100: [58] = 58

CONDITIONS: NF40A integrated into armor (110 MDC) Active; 2xNF20A on Northern Gun Drones (75 MDC) Active; See Invisible; Radar from Naruni Armor (always active along with suit)

Susan puts out her hand, tapping Milly's shoulder. "We should stop trying to open this door while the Commander and the rest of the team are currently engaging to our North."

She then walks up the passage and looks inside the room. "Oh, it was a scared staff member. I just won a bet with myself."

She waves at the Uteni. "Can you please tell us why the defense... cyborgs? are inactive? They are not injured and would be useful to completing our mission of saving everyone in your lovely underground hallways."
It's DNA, all the way down./Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
Image
User avatar
Millicent Mayeux
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:04 pm

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Millicent Mayeux »

Perception: 1d100<57: [57] = 0
JIC: 1d100: [5] = 5 | 1d20: [15] = 15
Active: Integrated N-40A Forcefield:110/110
  • 22/24 NE-001PC clip


”Whatever is securing this door is well defended against any outside interference. I cannot seem to activate any systems, or even connect to any communications systems behind this door.”

Millicent is about to ask if she should try to cut the door open when the energy blast rings down the corridor.
Susan Lee wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:13 pm
Susan puts out her hand, tapping Milly's shoulder. "We should stop trying to open this door while the Commander and the rest of the team are currently engaging to our North."
Millicent pulls a pistol out, pointed down the darkened corridor. After a moment and no more shots behind fired, Millicent relaxes. She focuses her attention back the way they came, once again covering the teams potential exits.

”That’s a no-go on the door for now, boss. I am moving back to cover the security junction.”

Millicent will make her way back to the fork leading both out of the compound and deeper in, doing her best to remain calm in the darkness- cycling her suits vision through night vision, heat and uv continuously.
Millicent Mayeux
Millicent Mayeux
  • HP:23/23
  • SDC:30/30
  • ISP:57/57
  • Helmet*: 70/70
  • R. Arm: 50/50
    • Right Forearm Housing: 60/60
      • Jumper Cables*: 2/2
      • Air Drill*: 2/2
      • Air Grinder*: 4/4
      • Air Impact Drill*: 5/5
      • Air Hammer*: 4/4
      • Vibro-Cutters*: 2/2
      • UEL Cables*: 6 each
  • L. Arm:50/50
    • Left Forearm Diagnostic Computer: 30/30
  • Main Body: 185/185
    • R. Chest Light with M.D.C. Shutters: 35/35
    • L. Chest Light with M.D.C. Shutters*: 35/35
    • Air Tank (lower back): 15/15
  • R.Leg:90/90
  • L.Leg:90/90
    • Leg Drum/Tank #1 (left, upper leg): 16/16
    • Leg Drum/Tank #2 (left, upper leg): 16/16
    • Leg Drum/Tank #3 (left, upper leg): 16/16
  • Integrated N-40A Forcefield:110/110
*=-4 to hit, called shot only.

Image
User avatar
Amber Dach
Posts: 105
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:50 am

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Amber Dach »

Perception: 42% = 1d100: [44] = 44 (+5% on Perception Rolls regarding vampires and the undead)
JiC: 1d20: [15] = 15 1d100: [27] = 27 |

Skills Rolls
Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy
o Identify Type/Race of Paranormal Creature: 80% = 1d100: [61] = 61
o Track by Psychic Scent: 70% = 1d100: [29] = 29 (82% if supernatural being is also using magic)
Intelligence 53% = 1d100: [81] = 81 (scanning around her for any intel)
Computer Operation 60% = 1d100: [24] = 24 (checking her records for Uteni)
Constant/Active Conditions
Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense: Range 180’
Sense Supernatural Evil & Sense Magic Energy: Range 300’
Sense the Presence of Vampires and Vampire Intelligences: Range: 1000' radius
Recognize Vampires Recognize Vampires by Appearance (special): 50% = 1d100: [60] = 60 (+10% bonus to recognize Secondary Vampires, +30% bonus to recognize Wild Vampires. -30% skill penalty to recognize Master Vampires).
Sense Rifts and Ley Lines: Senses Ley Lines up to 5 miles away, a nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away.

Alter Aura to change her aura in the following ways:
• The general level of experience can be made to seem much higher (1d4+3 levels higher) than it really is.
• Conceal the I.S.P. levels to be show them to be minimal (like a minor psychic).
• Conceal the presence of magic.
Alter Aura will last for 8 hours. 2.25 hours remaining. Costs 2 I.S.P.
Underguard wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:56 pm The scientist stands tall with its arms tucked into the small of its back and a single holster seen on the belt. After a pause, the Uteni nods to the trio. "Protocol Rukh was activated. Facility was compromised, evacuation. Minutes after the facility went offline and quarantine was breached. I barely made it to this lockup and escaped R71's rampage. I cannot tell you more unfortunately, I have been in this lockup for some time." The Uteni states.
Amber lowers her weapon as the Uteni speaks deeming it to not be a threat at the present. She emits a calm feeling as she questions them. “Understood. What is your name, role and work station at this facility, please?” She checks the records provided by Eight before the mission to determine if this Uteni is who they say they are and not an infiltrator.

With a positive identification by either her record search or Eight confirming that they are a member of the facility staff, she will ask the Uteni some questions. “What can you tell me about the room next door? And why is there a vampire in that room? Is it being experimented on? Or is it part of the facility breach.”

If they are not a member of the staff, she will immediately open a secure channel to the rest of the GIRLS and inform them that they are potentially a threat.
Amber Dach

Current Conditions
Conditions
P.P.E.: 23/33
I.S.P.: 76/150
H.P.: 33/33
S.D.C.: 87/87

Crystal Deflector Gauntlet: 11/15 melee round charges remaining


Image
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
Posts: 630
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Jezebel »

Perception: 77% / 1d100: [86] = 86
JIC: 1d20: [2] = 2 / 1d100: [60] = 60
Conditions: Critical strike on 18-20, K.O. on N20, Energy Resistance, NE-BA-26 & Stalker Suit worn, N-F50A active
GM wrote:In the darkness of the Lockup, Analoy is the first to hear the shuffle of movement as she sees a tall, lenky humanoid stand in the far corner of the room. It moves forward and pauses ten feet from the door, looking at Analoy then Jez and Amber. "English." A voice states, though Analoy can clearly see no mouth on the alien. Everyone recognizes the alien as an Uteni, the public face of Naruni Enterprises. The scientist stands tall with its arms tucked into the small of its back and a single holster seen on the belt. After a pause, the Uteni nods to the trio. "Protocol Rukh was activated. Facility was compromised, evacuation. Minutes after the facility went offline and quarantine was breached. I barely made it to this lockup and escaped R71's rampage. I cannot tell you more unfortunately, I have been in this lockup for some time." The Uteni states.
Jez's eyes narrow behind her polarized visor. We'll see about that.
Susan Lee wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:13 pmShe then walks up the passage and looks inside the room. "Oh, it was a scared staff member. I just won a bet with myself." She waves at the Uteni. "Can you please tell us why the defense...cyborgs? are inactive? They are not injured and would be useful to completing our mission of saving everyone in your lovely underground hallways."
Jez simply nods encouragingly at the scientist as Susan makes her inquiry.
Millicent Mayeux wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:47 am”Whatever is securing this door is well defended against any outside interference. I cannot seem to activate any systems, or even connect to any communications systems behind this door.” Millicent is about to ask if she should try to cut the door open when the energy blast rings down the corridor. Millicent pulls a pistol out, pointed down the darkened corridor. After a moment and no more shots behind fired, Millicent relaxes. She focuses her attention back the way they came, once again covering the teams potential exits. ”That’s a no-go on the door for now, boss. I am moving back to cover the security junction.” Millicent will make her way back to the fork leading both out of the compound and deeper in, doing her best to remain calm in the darkness- cycling her suits vision through night vision, heat and uv continuously.
"Shame that. Okay. We'll deal with it later when the opportunity presents itself." Jez radios in response.
Amber Dach wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:42 pmAmber lowers her weapon as the Uteni speaks deeming it to not be a threat at the present. She emits a calm feeling as she questions them. “Understood. What is your name, role and work station at this facility, please?” She checks the records provided by Eight before the mission to determine if this Uteni is who they say they are and not an infiltrator. With a positive identification by either her record search or Eight confirming that they are a member of the facility staff, she will ask the Uteni some questions. “What can you tell me about the room next door? And why is there a vampire in that room? Is it being experimented on? Or is it part of the facility breach.” If they are not a member of the staff, she will immediately open a secure channel to the rest of the GIRLS and inform them that they are potentially a threat.
Jez backs up the Atlantean with more scientist-encouraging nods before she moves to the doorway to cover the GIRLS' six. Milly, you got our back, and I've got yours. Let these smart ladies get at the truth with me in there muddying the waters.
Jezebel wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 2:09 pm
Skills used during infiltration
Prowl 95% / 1d100: [48] = 48 (+20% vs sensors) (self-explanatory)
Detect Ambush 90% / 1d100: [38] = 38 (self-explanatory)
Trap/Mine Detection 85% / 1d100: [25] = 25 (self-explanatory)
Find Contraband and Illegal Weapons 81% / 1d100: [44] = 44 (to discern any concealed things of interest)
Intelligence 82% / 1d100: [83] = 83 (to discern any useful intel from what she sees)
Detect Concealment 85% / 1d100: [58] = 58 (to discern any concealed things of interest)
Computer Hacking 90% / 1d100: [18] = 18 (+25% when merged, +20% to computer skills against passive security) (to gain access to & open the door)
Surveillance 75% / 1d100: [68] = 68 (to detect any surveillance of the team)
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 67
S.D.C.: 133/133
P.T.P.: 1600/1600
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)
Image
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
Posts: 560
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Underguard »

Conditions wrote:Location: Naruni Facility ZAB-01SA, South America, Brasil
Time/Date: 01:10:00 PM (About 3 minutes have passed); January 1st, 112PA
Environmental Conditions: 66°F (18.9°C); Cool, stale air.
Upon finding the door to lab two sealed off, Milly breaks back to the southern security junction and keeps her optics on a constant cycle as she scans. So far, Milly is alone with nothing but darkness and silence; even the conversation going on further north in the hallway isn't heard. Jezebel takes a back seat up north, covering the door with Analoy positioned in the hallway while Amber and Susan engage the scientist.

Turning first to Susan, the large dark eyes of the alien seem to squint or narrow. "That was what prompted Protocol Rukh. All facility security was either disabled or shut down. The... 'defense cyborgs' were all given a shutdown command at the same time; the facility went offline before it could be overridden. Reactivating them requires a system restart and the Core to send the activation command." The Uteni states plainly, pausing, then turning its head slowly to Amber.

"What is your name? You say you are here to rescue survivors, yet you interrogate me without introducing yourselves or stating who you work for?" The Uteni snaps, its patience obviously on a breaking point likely from being trapped in the dark for an unknown amount of time. It holds up its hand and lowers its head briefly before looking back to Amber. "You may call me M'zel, I am a Tier Two Weapons Developer and focus on improving weapons against supernatural forces. The vampire you have identified is a test subject used to identify weaknesses and is restrained on a closed circuit force-cuff system. It has not moved since some days before the breach. I suggest leaving that room be entirely, it would not be happy or grateful if released." M'zel replies and Amber finds mention of a "M'zel, Project Lead, Sr. -- Full Access" on the roster that she checks while it speaks.

It walks past them both, stopping just short of the doorway where Jezebel stands against the door and pauses. "Are there more questions, or can you escort me to the surface?" M'zel asks, looking around and gesturing to the doorway for someone to lead him out.

Down at the Security Junction, Milly finds herself uncomfortable staring into the face of such darkness as she covers the eastern hallway. The silence is broken for Milly as she hears the hiss of a sliding door open from further down the hallway. Cycling through her visors, she still sees nothing registering to her systems but can be confident she heard that door open.


Jezebel: -23 M.D.C. N-F50A
Analoy: -19 MDC from Knight in Full Armor
Megan: -36 M.D.C. from Main Body of SAMAS
Susan:
Amber: Shield -22 MDC | -4 I.S.P.
Millicent:

What are you doing?
AA Professional Services GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Exe (PW GA) || EP Ledger
ImageImage
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
User avatar
Amber Dach
Posts: 105
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:50 am

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Amber Dach »

Perception: 42% = 1d100: [84] = 84 (+5% on Perception Rolls regarding vampires and the undead)
JiC: 1d20: [3] = 3 | 1d100: [96] = 96

Skills Rolls
Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy
o Identify Type/Race of Paranormal Creature: 80% = 1d100: [7] = 7
o Track by Psychic Scent: 70% = 1d100: [17] = 17 (82% if supernatural being is also using magic)
Intelligence 53% = 1d100: [85] = 85 (scanning around the room for any intel)
Constant/Active Conditions
Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense: Range 180’
Sense Supernatural Evil & Sense Magic Energy: Range 300’
Sense the Presence of Vampires and Vampire Intelligences: Range: 1000' radius
Recognize Vampires Recognize Vampires by Appearance (special): 50% = 1d100: [47] = 47 (+10% bonus to recognize Secondary Vampires, +30% bonus to recognize Wild Vampires. -30% skill penalty to recognize Master Vampires).
Sense Rifts and Ley Lines: Senses Ley Lines up to 5 miles away, a nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away.

Alter Aura to change her aura in the following ways:
• The general level of experience can be made to seem much higher (1d4+3 levels higher) than it really is.
• Conceal the I.S.P. levels to be show them to be minimal (like a minor psychic).
• Conceal the presence of magic.
Alter Aura will last for 8 hours. 2.25 hours remaining. Costs 2 I.S.P.
Underguard wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:38 pm "What is your name? You say you are here to rescue survivors, yet you interrogate me without introducing yourselves or stating who you work for?" The Uteni snaps, its patience obviously on a breaking point likely from being trapped in the dark for an unknown amount of time. It holds up its hand and lowers its head briefly before looking back to Amber. "You may call me M'zel, I am a Tier Two Weapons Developer and focus on improving weapons against supernatural forces. The vampire you have identified is a test subject used to identify weaknesses and is restrained on a closed-circuit force-cuff system. It has not moved since some days before the breach. I suggest leaving that room be entirely, it would not be happy or grateful if released." M'zel replies and Amber finds mention of a "M'zel, Project Lead, Sr. -- Full Access" on the roster that she checks while it speaks.
Amber keeps her calm as the Uteni snaps at her. “Thank-you for your cooperation, M’zel. I am Amber and I work for the same being you do. ‘The Creator’ as he calls himself.” Amber isn’t entirely sure what to think about the experimentation on the vampire in the room next door. On the one hand, having improved weapons for destroying vampires is a good thing. On the other hand, leaving the thing ‘alive’ is not. Maybe, I can acquire some new weaponry that is even more effective in destroying vamps. Her curiosity awakened, she asks the Uteni. “I am curious about your research, M'zel. Have you had any success in improving weapons to counter the vampire threat?”
Amber Dach

Current Conditions
Conditions
P.P.E.: 23/33
I.S.P.: 76/150
H.P.: 33/33
S.D.C.: 87/87

Crystal Deflector Gauntlet: 11/15 melee round charges remaining


Image
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 234
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Susan Lee »

Perception: 1d100: [40] = 40 / 38%
JIC: 1d20: [2] = 2 / 1d100: [45] = 45

CONDITIONS: NF40A integrated into armor (110 MDC) Active; 2xNF20A on Northern Gun Drones (75 MDC) Active; See Invisible; Radar from Naruni Armor (always active along with suit)

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Mr. M'zel." Susan says. "As my colleague noted, we are here on behalf of your employer. However, I would recommend against simple waiting on the surface - we were attacked by a group of armed locals on our approach to this location. You may actually be safer in this room until we are able to secure the facility."

She pauses. "I understand that being in the dark is extremely stressful. I'm sure we could provide a light source and even direct other survivors to your location."

Then she looks to Jez for a decision.
It's DNA, all the way down./Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
Image
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
Posts: 630
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Jezebel »

Perception: 77% / 1d100: [72] = 72
JIC: 1d20: [6] = 6 / 1d100: [63] = 63
Conditions: Critical strike on 18-20, K.O. on N20, Energy Resistance, NE-BA-26 & Stalker Suit worn/merged (gloves on), N-F50A active
Susan Lee wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:13 amThen she looks to Jez for a decision.
Jez gives her a firm thumbs-up, and returns her attention to the hall. Noting Milly's vigil she strides across the room, raising her visor as she walks. Time to pour on the charm, Jez. "Oh, so you're M'zel! Pleasure to meet you. The Creator mentioned that you, among his many others pawns, might still survive here. He wasn't very hopeful though he seemed unbothered by the thought of your deaths." She shrugs unbothered. "I get it. He's a big wig. You're just staff. I doubt he'd do more than curse and find more hirelings if we all died here today." She crosses to get close to M'zel. "But I care, M'zel. I don't want any more people to die here for his pursuit of a marginal edge over the competition. Now I'm not gonna blow smoke up your ass. It's not like I'm in love with you, (though you are quite handsome), but I don't want to die here, I don't want my GIRLs to die here, and I don't want any survivors to die here. I've been in a situation similar to what you've gone through here, so I really empathize with all you've gone through. The Creator ought to give you a hefty bonus for your resilience and loyalty. So please, if you can think of anything else that might be of use to our efforts in extracting further survivors, salvaging your research, or anything else, please let us know." She turns to walk away but stops for a moment and asks, "Is there a console or something with a display of internal sensors here? If so, could you show me where? It'd help greatly if we could see real time intel on where the dangers are in here." If such exists, she'll check the sensors & relay the info to the other GIRLs via radio. In either case, after attempting to extract whatever else M'zel might know, and checking the sensors (if any), she'll affirm the wisdom of M'zel staying put where he's safe & prepping to help other survivors. Then she'll stealthily slip outside until she's standing beside Milly. "Once M'zel is safely locked up, we push forward, ladies."

In order of use:
Interrogation 100% / 1d100: [2] = 2 (self-explanatory) CRIT!
Charm/Impress: 60% / 1d100: [57] = 57 (to sweeten the words of interrogation)
Sensory Equipment 85% / 1d100: [54] = 54 (to use any local system to check for hostile movement)
Surveillance 75% / 1d100: [30] = 30 (complementary to sensory check)
Prowl 95% / 1d100: [53] = 53 (to remain unseen by adversaries)

Initiative (+8 added): 1d20+8: [6]+8 = 14
Non-Combat Action: Keeping an active eye on her suit's integrated sensors
Action 1: Punch the shit outta anything in her way. Strike: 1d20+9: [5]+9 = 14 , Damage: 1d6*10: [5]*10 = 50 M.D.
Action 2: Punch the shit outta anything in her way. Strike: 1d20+9: [3]+9 = 12 , Damage: 1d6*10: [2]*10 = 20 M.D.
Action 3: Punch the shit outta anything in her way. Strike: 1d20+9: [17]+9 = 26 , Damage: 1d6*10: [5]*10 = 50 M.D.
Action 4: Punch the shit outta anything in her way. Strike: 1d20+9: [4]+9 = 13 , Damage: 1d6*10: [2]*10 = 20 M.D.
Action 5: Punch the shit outta anything in her way. Strike: 1d20+9: [11]+9 = 20 , Damage: 1d6*10: [2]*10 = 20 M.D.
Action 6: Punch the shit outta anything in her way. Strike: 1d20+9: [16]+9 = 25 , Damage: 1d6*10: [3]*10 = 30 M.D.
Action 7: Punch the shit outta anything in her way. Strike: 1d20+9: [16]+9 = 25 , Damage: 1d6*10: [3]*10 = 30 M.D.
Action 8: Punch the shit outta anything in her way. Strike: 1d20+9: [1]+9 = 10 , Damage: 1d6*10: [4]*10 = 40 M.D.
Action 9: Punch the shit outta anything in her way. Strike: 1d20+9: [13]+9 = 22 , Damage: 1d6*10: [3]*10 = 30 M.D.
Action 10: Punch the shit outta anything in her way. Strike: 1d20+9: [2]+9 = 11 , Damage: 1d6*10: [4]*10 = 40 M.D.

Parries (+15 included): 1d20+15: [5]+15 = 20 , 1d20+15: [3]+15 = 18 , 1d20+15: [9]+15 = 24 , 1d20+15: [7]+15 = 22 , 1d20+15: [3]+15 = 18 , 1d20+15: [13]+15 = 28 , 1d20+15: [14]+15 = 29 , 1d20+15: [15]+15 = 30 , 1d20+15: [8]+15 = 23 , 1d20+15: [10]+15 = 25
Auto-Dodges (+## included): 1d20+9: [13]+9 = 22 , 1d20+9: [20]+9 = 29 , 1d20+9: [3]+9 = 12 , 1d20+9: [5]+9 = 14 , 1d20+9: [13]+9 = 22 , 1d20+9: [10]+9 = 19 , 1d20+9: [13]+9 = 22 , 1d20+9: [9]+9 = 18 , 1d20+9: [13]+9 = 22 , 1d20+9: [12]+9 = 21
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 67
S.D.C.: 133/133
P.T.P.: 1600/1600
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)
Image
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
Posts: 560
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Underguard »

Conditions wrote:Location: Naruni Facility ZAB-01SA, South America, Brasil
Time/Date: 01:13:00 PM (About 3 minutes have passed); January 1st, 112PA
Environmental Conditions: 66°F (18.9°C); Cool, stale air.
For a brief moment, Susan recognizes the scientist in the alien as he turns to respond to Amber. "Actually, we were making progress, yes. The goal was to make cartridges that can be used by our plasma weapons and e-clips for general use that would be more efficient against supernatural threats as those are the most commonly fought by mercenaries, such as yourself." M'zel begins but the excitement on his face evaporates quickly as he blinks. "I can stay here until you clear the threat; but you should link me to your radios." M'zel resigns. Turning to look towards Jez, his demeanor seems to become metaphorical, speaking about something while speaking of something else.

"No one truly cares about any one other; it is always what that one can do for you. In such a world, it is best to prove yourself unique and priceless to avoid being replaced. Surviving this could earn me a promotion, though, so I will opt for that." M'zel admits, though shaking his head. "Unfortunately, Purpura, the entire internal system is down. The only terminal that might still have any information on it is sealed with the vampire on the closed circuit, but it would not provide any readings on the interior of the base. Without the main computer, such operations are impossible." M'zel finishes, with Jez nodding and slipping out to the hallway.

Amber and Susan remain with M'zel in the room while Analoy covers the room entrance, Megan further down with the two drones floating around and Millicent at the bottom of the hallway at the security junction (#5) with Jez. From the security junction, Millicent and Jezebel feel the impact of a large creature moving and impacting the super-structure; it feels closer than last time and is gone as soon as its felt. Jez can see the door eastwards down the hallway and to the right is opened but sees nothing else amid the darkness, except for a lot of blind spots.


Jezebel:
Analoy:
Megan: -36 M.D.C. from Main Body of SAMAS
Susan:
Amber: -4 I.S.P.
Millicent:

What are you doing?
AA Professional Services GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Exe (PW GA) || EP Ledger
ImageImage
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
User avatar
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 215
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:23 pm

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Analoy »

Percep: 58%= 1d100: [32] = 32
JIC: 1d20: [16] = 16 1d100: [20] = 20

Conditions
PPE: 247/182;
NG-L5: Shots 10/4
Knight in Full Armor - 210/184.5 min , 115/96 M.D.C.
Black Sun (Darkness Powers) - 35/13.5 min duration, nightvision 600’; see in magical darkness; can recognize shadow beasts and other shadow-linked creatures even in shadows; Cloak of darkness & Shadow meld (BoM p.93 & 103)
Skills Rolls
Prowl 65%: 1d100: [93] = 93
Detect Ambush 75%: 1d100: [13] = 13
Lore: Demons & Monsters 65%: 1d100: [87] = 87
With M'zel consigned back to his hiding place and the other questioning him, Analoy leaves it to them to offer M'zel the team comm channel as she gives the being a simple nod then slips back down the hall to the Security Junction to join Millie and Jez.

Reaching the junction, Analoy will peer down the hall putting her current darkness powers/vision to its maximum use. Talk about staring into the abyss. She grins and says to the GIRLs near her, "Jez. Millie. Have you spotted anything down the hall? Our new friend back there doesn't seem to have much intel we can use. It looks like we're still gonna have to stumble forward blindly." There's a little hint of wry humor in the tone of her voice.

If anything attacks, Analoy will respond in kind.
Combat rolls
Actions: 6
Init: 1d20+1: [4]+1 = 5

1. paired Strike: 1d20: [18] = 18 (mace +2, sword +3) Dmg: Mace: 4d12: [8, 4, 9, 9] = 30 , Sword: 4d6: [1, 3, 5, 1] = 10 MD
2. paired Strike: 1d20: [4] = 4 (mace +2, sword +3) Dmg: Mace: 4d12: [2, 2, 8, 4] = 16 , Sword: 4d6: [2, 4, 6, 2] = 14 MD
3. paired Strike: 1d20: [10] = 10 (mace +2, sword +3) Dmg: Mace: 4d12: [9, 2, 9, 4] = 24 , Sword: 4d6: [1, 3, 4, 6] = 14 MD
4. paired Strike: 1d20: [19] = 19 (mace +2, sword +3) Dmg: Mace: 4d12: [2, 5, 2, 2] = 11 , Sword: 4d6: [6, 2, 1, 3] = 12 MD
5. paired Strike: 1d20: [11] = 11 (mace +2, sword +3) Dmg: Mace: 4d12: [8, 11, 8, 8] = 35 , Sword: 4d6: [1, 1, 3, 3] = 8 MD
6. paired Strike: 1d20: [9] = 9 (mace +2, sword +3) Dmg: Mace: 4d12: [5, 4, 5, 1] = 15 , Sword: 4d6: [3, 1, 3, 4] = 11 MD

If needed, Dodge/Parry: 1d20+8: [10]+8 = 18 , 1d20+8: [20]+8 = 28 , 1d20+8: [20]+8 = 28 , 1d20+8: [10]+8 = 18 , 1d20+8: [8]+8 = 16 , 1d20+8: [12]+8 = 20 (Parry an additional +2 w/ mace, +3 w/sword)
Analoy Landie
Current Details
P.P.E.: 227/227
M.D.C.: 196/196
Charm/Impress: 20%

Image
Image
User avatar
Amber Dach
Posts: 105
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:50 am

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Amber Dach »

Perception: 42% = 1d100: [59] = 59 (+5% on Perception Rolls regarding vampires and the undead)
JiC: 1d20: [10] = 10 | 1d100: [1] = 1

Skills Rolls
Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy
o Identify Type/Race of Paranormal Creature: 80% = 1d100: [70] = 70
o Track by Psychic Scent: 70% = 1d100: [85] = 85 (82% if supernatural being is also using magic)
Intelligence 53% = 1d100: [31] = 31 (scanning around her for any intel)
Radio: Basic 65% = 1d100: [43] = 43 (to setup a radio channel for M'zel)
Constant/Active Conditions
Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense: Range 180’
Sense Supernatural Evil & Sense Magic Energy: Range 300’
Sense the Presence of Vampires and Vampire Intelligences: Range: 1000' radius
Recognize Vampires Recognize Vampires by Appearance (special): 50% = 1d100: [5] = 5 (+10% bonus to recognize Secondary Vampires, +30% bonus to recognize Wild Vampires. -30% skill penalty to recognize Master Vampires).
Sense Rifts and Ley Lines: Senses Ley Lines up to 5 miles away, a nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away.

Alter Aura to change her aura in the following ways:
• The general level of experience can be made to seem much higher (1d4+3 levels higher) than it really is.
• Conceal the I.S.P. levels to be show them to be minimal (like a minor psychic).
• Conceal the presence of magic.
Alter Aura will last for 8 hours. 2.25 hours remaining. Costs 2 I.S.P.
Underguard wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:55 pm For a brief moment, Susan recognizes the scientist in the alien as he turns to respond to Amber. "Actually, we were making progress, yes. The goal was to make cartridges that can be used by our plasma weapons and e-clips for general use that would be more efficient against supernatural threats as those are the most commonly fought by mercenaries, such as yourself." M'zel begins but the excitement on his face evaporates quickly as he blinks. "I can stay here until you clear the threat; but you should link me to your radios." M'zel resigns. Turning to look towards Jez, his demeanor seems to become metaphorical, speaking about something while speaking of something else.
Amber nods with interest. "Very interesting. M'zel. I would be interested in learning more from you once we secure the facility." She nods in agreement about having a radio link and says to Jez on secure comms. "That seems prudent to keep in contact with M'zel. We can maintain a separate channel to him but leave him out of our team comms. I can take care of that if you like." If Jez gives the go ahead to give M'zel a radio link to the GIRLS, she will provide a channel to the Uteni.
Underguard wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:55 pm "No one truly cares about any one other; it is always what that one can do for you. In such a world, it is best to prove yourself unique and priceless to avoid being replaced. Surviving this could earn me a promotion, though, so I will opt for that." M'zel admits, though shaking his head. "Unfortunately, Purpura, the entire internal system is down. The only terminal that might still have any information on it is sealed with the vampire on the closed circuit, but it would not provide any readings on the interior of the base. Without the main computer, such operations are impossible." M'zel finishes, with Jez nodding and slipping out to the hallway.
Amber shakes her head. It never fails. Of course there may be an operating computer system inside the room with the vampire. I may get a chance to stake this thing yet. "If you want to go in there, I'm with you, Jez. But I think the better option is to get the whole facility back online."

Amber wanders around the room a bit while they are conversing and looks around at the contents of the room. She keeps her TX-26 in hand but in a non-threatening manner. She keeps her senses trained outward and attempts to track any new threats that appear.

Combat Rolls (if needed)
Initiative: 1d20+9 = 1d20+9: [20]+9 = 29
Non-Combat Action: Activate Crystal Deflector Gauntlet (Apsis shape 40” diameter, 80 MDC)

Action 1: Strike with TX-26 at nearest attacker: 1d20+3 = 1d20+3: [14]+3 = 17 ; Damage: 5d6 MD = 5d6: [2, 5, 3, 4, 1] = 15
Action 2: Strike with TX-26 at nearest attacker: 1d20+3 = 1d20+3: [14]+3 = 17 ; Damage: 5d6 MD = 5d6: [1, 4, 6, 4, 5] = 20
Action 3: Strike with TX-26 at nearest attacker: 1d20+3 = 1d20+3: [3]+3 = 6 ; Damage: 5d6 MD = 5d6: [6, 3, 4, 6, 4] = 23
Action 4: Strike with TX-26 at nearest attacker: 1d20+3 = 1d20+3: [2]+3 = 5 ; Damage: 5d6 MD = 5d6: [2, 2, 1, 4, 5] = 14
Action 5: Strike with TX-26 at nearest attacker: 1d20+3 = 1d20+3: [4]+3 = 7 ; Damage: 5d6 MD = 5d6: [5, 3, 3, 5, 3] = 19
Action 6: Strike with TX-26 at nearest attacker: 1d20+3 = 1d20+3: [14]+3 = 17 ; Damage: 5d6 MD = 5d6: [1, 1, 1, 5, 6] = 14

Parries with Shield 1d20+8(6): 1d20+8: [19]+8 = 27 , 1d20+8: [15]+8 = 23 , 1d20+8: [7]+8 = 15 , 1d20+8: [9]+8 = 17 , 1d20+8: [13]+8 = 21 , 1d20+8: [19]+8 = 27 , 1d20+8: [8]+8 = 16
Amber Dach

Current Conditions
Conditions
P.P.E.: 23/33
I.S.P.: 76/150
H.P.: 33/33
S.D.C.: 87/87

Crystal Deflector Gauntlet: 11/15 melee round charges remaining


Image
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
Posts: 630
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Jezebel »

Perception: 77% / 1d100: [95] = 95
JIC: 1d20: [20] = 20 / 1d100: [1] = 1
Conditions: Critical strike on 18-20, K.O. on N20, Energy Resistance, NE-BA-26 & Stalker Suit worn (gloves on), N-F50A active
Prowl 95% / 1d100: [43] = 43
Before, back in the room...
Underguard wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:55 pmTurning to look towards Jez, his demeanor seems to become metaphorical, speaking about something while speaking of something else. "No one truly cares about any one other; it is always what that one can do for you. In such a world, it is best to prove yourself unique and priceless to avoid being replaced. Surviving this could earn me a promotion, though, so I will opt for that." M'zel admits, though shaking his head. "Unfortunately, Purpura, the entire internal system is down. The only terminal that might still have any information on it is sealed with the vampire on the closed circuit, but it would not provide any readings on the interior of the base. Without the main computer, such operations are impossible." M'zel finishes, with Jez nodding and slipping out to the hallway.
Jez tucks that information away in a corner of her mind to be analyzed at a better time. Milly could be in increasing danger out there on her own keeping watch on the periphery.
Amber Dach wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:35 pmShe nods in agreement about having a radio link and says to Jez on secure comms. "That seems prudent to keep in contact with M'zel. We can maintain a separate channel to him but leave him out of our team comms. I can take care of that if you like."
Jez nods. "Yeah. Make that happen. Be quick. Milly's out there solo."
Out in the hallway, some moments later...
Analoy wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:00 pmShe grins and says to the GIRLs near her, "Jez. Millie. Have you spotted anything down the hall? Our new friend back there doesn't seem to have much intel we can use. It looks like we're still gonna have to stumble forward blindly." There's a little hint of wry humor in the tone of her voice.
Jez counters, "Not sure I agree with that, Annie. Guess we'll find out in a few seconds if my hearing's good."
Amber Dach wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:35 pmAmber shakes her head. "If you want to go in there, I'm with you, Jez. But I think the better option is to get the whole facility back online."
"My hearing's still good." Jez comments as Amber walks up. Jez listens to Amber's input, and offers in return speaking to the lot of them assembled there, "The only terminal that might still have any information on it is sealed in with the vampire, and we don't even know what kind of vampire this is. Now I've no direct experience with these things, so I'll take your input thankfully, Amber & Annie, but that vampire in there could be little more dangerous than a rabid dog given our own abilities. Or it could be some nightmare abomination from across space and time. Or something in between. If it's a malevolent alien intelligence, Amber's right and we should just leave it be. Maybe nuke the whole frakking site at our first opportunity. But what if it's just one of those parasitic beings any of us could carve up like deli meat?" She shakes her head. "We need to know before we can make an informed decision."

She radios Susan, "Find out from M'zel what kind of vampire they've got locked up in there. It could be vital."
Combat Stuff
Jezebel wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:14 pmInitiative (+8 added): 1d20+8: [6]+8 = 14
Non-Combat Action: Keeping an active eye on her suit's integrated sensors
Action 1: Punch the shit outta anything in her way. Strike: 1d20+9: [5]+9 = 14 , Damage: 1d6*10: [5]*10 = 50 M.D.
Action 2: Punch the shit outta anything in her way. Strike: 1d20+9: [3]+9 = 12 , Damage: 1d6*10: [2]*10 = 20 M.D.
Action 3: Punch the shit outta anything in her way. Strike: 1d20+9: [17]+9 = 26 , Damage: 1d6*10: [5]*10 = 50 M.D.
Action 4: Punch the shit outta anything in her way. Strike: 1d20+9: [4]+9 = 13 , Damage: 1d6*10: [2]*10 = 20 M.D.
Action 5: Punch the shit outta anything in her way. Strike: 1d20+9: [11]+9 = 20 , Damage: 1d6*10: [2]*10 = 20 M.D.
Action 6: Punch the shit outta anything in her way. Strike: 1d20+9: [16]+9 = 25 , Damage: 1d6*10: [3]*10 = 30 M.D.
Action 7: Punch the shit outta anything in her way. Strike: 1d20+9: [16]+9 = 25 , Damage: 1d6*10: [3]*10 = 30 M.D.
Action 8: Punch the shit outta anything in her way. Strike: 1d20+9: [1]+9 = 10 , Damage: 1d6*10: [4]*10 = 40 M.D.
Action 9: Punch the shit outta anything in her way. Strike: 1d20+9: [13]+9 = 22 , Damage: 1d6*10: [3]*10 = 30 M.D.
Action 10: Punch the shit outta anything in her way. Strike: 1d20+9: [2]+9 = 11 , Damage: 1d6*10: [4]*10 = 40 M.D.

Parries (+15 included): 1d20+15: [5]+15 = 20 , 1d20+15: [3]+15 = 18 , 1d20+15: [9]+15 = 24 , 1d20+15: [7]+15 = 22 , 1d20+15: [3]+15 = 18 , 1d20+15: [13]+15 = 28 , 1d20+15: [14]+15 = 29 , 1d20+15: [15]+15 = 30 , 1d20+15: [8]+15 = 23 , 1d20+15: [10]+15 = 25
Auto-Dodges (+## included): 1d20+9: [13]+9 = 22 , 1d20+9: [20]+9 = 29 , 1d20+9: [3]+9 = 12 , 1d20+9: [5]+9 = 14 , 1d20+9: [13]+9 = 22 , 1d20+9: [10]+9 = 19 , 1d20+9: [13]+9 = 22 , 1d20+9: [9]+9 = 18 , 1d20+9: [13]+9 = 22 , 1d20+9: [12]+9 = 21
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 67
S.D.C.: 133/133
P.T.P.: 1600/1600
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)
Image
User avatar
Millicent Mayeux
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:04 pm

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Millicent Mayeux »

Perception: 1d100<57: [60] = 0
JIC: 1d100: [55] = 55 | 1d20: [13] = 13
Active: Integrated N-40A Forcefield:110/110
  • 22/24 NE-001PC clip

Underguard wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:38 pmDown at the Security Junction, Milly finds herself uncomfortable staring into the face of such darkness as she covers the eastern hallway. The silence is broken for Milly as she hears the hiss of a sliding door open from further down the hallway. Cycling through her visors, she still sees nothing registering to her systems but can be confident she heard that door open.
Millicent aims one pistol in the direction of the opened door, and slowly moves into a mover covered positon. ”I think We might have company.” Millicent comes before lowering her profile and waiting for visual contact.
Underguard wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:55 pmAmber and Susan remain with M'zel in the room while Analoy covers the room entrance, Megan further down with the two drones floating around and Millicent at the bottom of the hallway at the security junction (#5) with Jez. From the security junction, Millicent and Jezebel feel the impact of a large creature moving and impacting the super-structure; it feels closer than last time and is gone as soon as its felt. Jez can see the door eastwards down the hallway and to the right is opened but sees nothing else amid the darkness, except for a lot of blind spots.
Millicent secures her footing and looks around, for any visible signs of the impact. Where is it? Millicent frowns. She never liked these moments before actual combat. They made her neck itch.
Analoy wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:00 pmReaching the junction, Analoy will peer down the hall putting her current darkness powers/vision to its maximum use. Talk about staring into the abyss. She grins and says to the GIRLs near her, "Jez. Millie. Have you spotted anything down the hall? Our new friend back there doesn't seem to have much intel we can use. It looks like we're still gonna have to stumble forward blindly." There's a little hint of wry humor in the tone of her voice.
“Nothing yet… Nothing apparent that is. Beyond the obvious. The noises. Beyond the noises.” The nervousness in Milly’s voice is apparent. She doesn’t sound scared, just agitated.
Millicent Mayeux
Millicent Mayeux
  • HP:23/23
  • SDC:30/30
  • ISP:57/57
  • Helmet*: 70/70
  • R. Arm: 50/50
    • Right Forearm Housing: 60/60
      • Jumper Cables*: 2/2
      • Air Drill*: 2/2
      • Air Grinder*: 4/4
      • Air Impact Drill*: 5/5
      • Air Hammer*: 4/4
      • Vibro-Cutters*: 2/2
      • UEL Cables*: 6 each
  • L. Arm:50/50
    • Left Forearm Diagnostic Computer: 30/30
  • Main Body: 185/185
    • R. Chest Light with M.D.C. Shutters: 35/35
    • L. Chest Light with M.D.C. Shutters*: 35/35
    • Air Tank (lower back): 15/15
  • R.Leg:90/90
  • L.Leg:90/90
    • Leg Drum/Tank #1 (left, upper leg): 16/16
    • Leg Drum/Tank #2 (left, upper leg): 16/16
    • Leg Drum/Tank #3 (left, upper leg): 16/16
  • Integrated N-40A Forcefield:110/110
*=-4 to hit, called shot only.

Image
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 234
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Susan Lee »

Perception: 1d100: [10] = 10 / 38%
JIC: 1d20: [11] = 11 / 1d100: [20] = 20

CONDITIONS: NF40A integrated into armor (110 MDC) Active; 2xNF20A on Northern Gun Drones (75 MDC) Active; See Invisible; Radar from Naruni Armor (always active along with suit)

Susan turns to M'zel and says, "I apologize, we would take you out immediately if it was safest. What kind of vampire is this, exactly? The standard kind that's afraid of the sun, drinks blood and turns into a bat?"

"Team members, does anyone have the ability to see invisible things and/or can the Commander fire up her armor's radar capabilities to try to spot them? At the very least can we illuminate the corridor?"

Susan pops her head outside the door long enough to look down the hallway to see if anything invisible is coming up the line. She also moves the drones to flank Jez as moves forward.


Babies, move against opposite walls, please.
Last edited by Susan Lee on Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
It's DNA, all the way down./Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
Image
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
Posts: 560
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Underguard »

Conditions wrote:Location: Naruni Facility ZAB-01SA, South America, Brasil
Time/Date: 01:15:00 PM (2 minutes have passed); January 1st, 112PA
Environmental Conditions: 66°F (18.9°C); Cool, stale air.
Amber and Susan close up shop with the Uteni, Susan asking him Jez's question prompting him to straighten in its posture. "The subject is classified as a Master. I advise you leave it be." M'zel states without thinking to clarify further. Amber immediately knows what M'zel meant by Master, as in a Master Vampire. One step down from the true intelligence, fully capable of transforming most humanoids with a single, slow bite into lesser vampires. Without asking a myriad of questions, the two then leave the Uteni and leave to join their teammates at the Security Junction. Amber feels a tug at her as she walks past the room with the vampire, like something is drawing her in. Fortunately, the feeling is fleeting for the lantean but the sickening feeling of the vampire is, if anything, compounded at the knowledge.

Analoy joins Milly and Jez, though not too quietly as both hear her approach from the northern hallway. The tattooed human noting several likely spots she'd choose to ambush from herself. With her connection to the darkness through her Black Sun tattoo, Analoy is able to see down to the next Security junction. It's hard to make out at the distance, but the room looks smashed with several crumpled corpses lying on the floor. Susan and Amber both join the other three and look beyond into the hallway.

Everyone hears an echoing roar from deeper inside the complex this time and another impact, everyone can be confident it is their friend who greeted them when they got here. Deeper inside the facility, Amber receives pings just at the reach of her ability to sense evil; though her ability to sense vampires is strong in the room up north still.

"We only endanger ourselves further the longer we wait. Restart the system and everything else we can deal with." Eight says quietly as it moves from the back of the group to the front. "The security lockup is on the right. To restart, we must access the main reactor which is through the D-Room. Past the next Security Junction to the north. In all likelihood, we will find R71 there." Eight finishes. As Eight finishes its sentence, Amber feels the hair on the back of her neck stand as she feels a compounding sense of danger. Neither of Susan's drones register any movement down the hallway. It's as though whatever was there backed off, if there was ever anything there at all.

GIRLS Movement 8.png



Jezebel:
Analoy:
Susan:
Amber: -6 I.S.P. | Sixth Sense Active
Millicent:

What are you doing?
AA Professional Services GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Exe (PW GA) || EP Ledger
ImageImage
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
User avatar
Amber Dach
Posts: 105
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:50 am

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Amber Dach »

Perception: 42% = 1d100: [46] = 46 (+5% on Perception Rolls regarding vampires and the undead)
JiC: 1d20: [9] = 9 | 1d100: [14] = 14

Skills Rolls
Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy
o Identify Type/Race of Paranormal Creature: 80% = 1d100: [74] = 74
o Track by Psychic Scent: 70% = 1d100: [14] = 14 (82% if supernatural being is also using magic)
Intelligence 53% = 1d100: [66] = 66 (scanning around her for any intel)
Lore : Demons & Monsters 55% = 1d100: [4] = 4 (checking her memory for any creatures that can turn invisible)
Prowl 30% = 1d100: [88] = 88 (self explanatory)
Constant/Active Conditions
Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense: Range 180’
Sense Supernatural Evil & Sense Magic Energy: Range 300’
Sense the Presence of Vampires and Vampire Intelligences: Range: 1000' radius
Recognize Vampires Recognize Vampires by Appearance (special): 50% = 1d100: [55] = 55 (+10% bonus to recognize Secondary Vampires, +30% bonus to recognize Wild Vampires. -30% skill penalty to recognize Master Vampires).
Sense Rifts and Ley Lines: Senses Ley Lines up to 5 miles away, a nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away.

Alter Aura to change her aura in the following ways:
• The general level of experience can be made to seem much higher (1d4+3 levels higher) than it really is.
• Conceal the I.S.P. levels to be show them to be minimal (like a minor psychic).
• Conceal the presence of magic.
Alter Aura will last for 8 hours. 2.25 hours remaining. Costs 2 I.S.P.
Underguard wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:14 pm Amber and Susan close up shop with the Uteni, Susan asking him Jez's question prompting him to straighten in its posture. "The subject is classified as a Master. I advise you leave it be." M'zel states without thinking to clarify further. Amber immediately knows what M'zel meant by Master, as in a Master Vampire. One step down from the true intelligence, fully capable of transforming most humanoids with a single, slow bite into lesser vampires. Without asking a myriad of questions, the two then leave the Uteni and leave to join their teammates at the Security Junction. Amber feels a tug at her as she walks past the room with the vampire, like something is drawing her in. Fortunately, the feeling is fleeting for the lantean but the sickening feeling of the vampire is, if anything, compounded at the knowledge.
The hairs on Amber’s neck stand up and she shudders involuntarily at the mention of a Master Vampire being contained in the room next. They are certainly tempting the fates here, experimenting on a Master Vampire. “No arguments from me.”
Underguard wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:14 pm
"We only endanger ourselves further the longer we wait. Restart the system and everything else we can deal with." Eight says quietly as it moves from the back of the group to the front. "The security lockup is on the right. To restart, we must access the main reactor which is through the D-Room. Past the next Security Junction to the north. In all likelihood, we will find R71 there." Eight finishes. As Eight finishes its sentence, Amber feels the hair on the back of her neck stand as she feels a compounding sense of danger. Neither of Susan's drones register any movement down the hallway. It's as though whatever was there backed off, if there was ever anything there at all.
Amber silently nods in agreement. Hmm, didn’t I say something similar a few minutes ago. She clicks on the secure comms and replies. “I can feel that R71 is at the edge of my sensing range but there is something else close by that tripped my danger sense. Be prepared moving forward.” Before readying herself to move forward she adds, “And stay away from that door. We don’t want any part of that one in there.” She has her sidearm at the ready, awaiting for whatever Jez decides their next move should be.
Amber Dach wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:35 pm
Combat Rolls (if needed)
Initiative: 1d20+9 = 1d20+9: [20]+9 = 29
Non-Combat Action: Activate Crystal Deflector Gauntlet (Apsis shape 40” diameter, 80 MDC)

Action 1: Strike with TX-26 at nearest attacker: 1d20+3 = 1d20+3: [14]+3 = 17 ; Damage: 5d6 MD = 5d6: [2, 5, 3, 4, 1] = 15
Action 2: Strike with TX-26 at nearest attacker: 1d20+3 = 1d20+3: [14]+3 = 17 ; Damage: 5d6 MD = 5d6: [1, 4, 6, 4, 5] = 20
Action 3: Strike with TX-26 at nearest attacker: 1d20+3 = 1d20+3: [3]+3 = 6 ; Damage: 5d6 MD = 5d6: [6, 3, 4, 6, 4] = 23
Action 4: Strike with TX-26 at nearest attacker: 1d20+3 = 1d20+3: [2]+3 = 5 ; Damage: 5d6 MD = 5d6: [2, 2, 1, 4, 5] = 14
Action 5: Strike with TX-26 at nearest attacker: 1d20+3 = 1d20+3: [4]+3 = 7 ; Damage: 5d6 MD = 5d6: [5, 3, 3, 5, 3] = 19
Action 6: Strike with TX-26 at nearest attacker: 1d20+3 = 1d20+3: [14]+3 = 17 ; Damage: 5d6 MD = 5d6: [1, 1, 1, 5, 6] = 14

Parries with Shield 1d20+8(6): 1d20+8: [19]+8 = 27 , 1d20+8: [15]+8 = 23 , 1d20+8: [7]+8 = 15 , 1d20+8: [9]+8 = 17 , 1d20+8: [13]+8 = 21 , 1d20+8: [19]+8 = 27 , 1d20+8: [8]+8 = 16
Amber Dach

Current Conditions
Conditions
P.P.E.: 23/33
I.S.P.: 76/150
H.P.: 33/33
S.D.C.: 87/87

Crystal Deflector Gauntlet: 11/15 melee round charges remaining


Image
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
Posts: 630
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Jezebel »

Perception: 77% / 1d100: [27] = 27
JIC: 1d20: [10] = 10 / 1d100: [95] = 95
Conditions: Critical strike on 18-20, K.O. on N20, Energy Resistance, NE-BA-26 & Stalker Suit worn (gloves on), N-F50A active
Underguard wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:14 pm"The subject is classified as a Master. I advise you leave it be."
Hmm, that's a significant threat at our rear if half of what I recall learning is true. Jez turns to regard the others. "Any way we can monitor the status of this vampire's cage while we're moving about the facility will be of potentially great value. Ladies, if you can quickly make such happen, just do it."
Underguard wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:14 pm"We only endanger ourselves further the longer we wait. Restart the system and everything else we can deal with. The security lockup is on the right. To restart, we must access the main reactor which is through the D-Room. Past the next Security Junction to the north. In all likelihood, we will find R71 there."
Jez nods at Eight. "You lead the way to the D-room...cautiously. We'll be on your six."
Amber Dach wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:12 pm“I can feel that R71 is at the edge of my sensing range but there is something else close by that tripped my danger sense. Be prepared moving forward. And stay away from that door. We don’t want any part of that one in there.”
Jez nods at Amber's comment. Sensible. She then looks to the others, "Annie, clear the security lockup on the right as we pass it. Here, take this for backup." She lobs the NE-9DB Plasma Shotgun to Annie. "Susan, think you can send one of your drones to check out the rooms & passageways south of the junction ahead? It'd be nice to not leave our backsides at risk cuz we were in a hurry. Look alive, but if something gets frisky, try not to blast Eight in the back. It'd look shady to the boss." She snaps her visor closed once more and quietly, unobtrusively, tries to hug the bulkheads and remain in shadow as best she can while following Eight.
Combat Stuff
Jezebel wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:14 pmInitiative (+8 added): 1d20+8: [6]+8 = 14
Non-Combat Action: Keeping an active eye on her suit's integrated sensors
Action 1: Punch the shit outta anything in her way. Strike: 1d20+9: [5]+9 = 14 , Damage: 1d6*10: [5]*10 = 50 M.D.
Action 2: Punch the shit outta anything in her way. Strike: 1d20+9: [3]+9 = 12 , Damage: 1d6*10: [2]*10 = 20 M.D.
Action 3: Punch the shit outta anything in her way. Strike: 1d20+9: [17]+9 = 26 , Damage: 1d6*10: [5]*10 = 50 M.D.
Action 4: Punch the shit outta anything in her way. Strike: 1d20+9: [4]+9 = 13 , Damage: 1d6*10: [2]*10 = 20 M.D.
Action 5: Punch the shit outta anything in her way. Strike: 1d20+9: [11]+9 = 20 , Damage: 1d6*10: [2]*10 = 20 M.D.
Action 6: Punch the shit outta anything in her way. Strike: 1d20+9: [16]+9 = 25 , Damage: 1d6*10: [3]*10 = 30 M.D.
Action 7: Punch the shit outta anything in her way. Strike: 1d20+9: [16]+9 = 25 , Damage: 1d6*10: [3]*10 = 30 M.D.
Action 8: Punch the shit outta anything in her way. Strike: 1d20+9: [1]+9 = 10 , Damage: 1d6*10: [4]*10 = 40 M.D.
Action 9: Punch the shit outta anything in her way. Strike: 1d20+9: [13]+9 = 22 , Damage: 1d6*10: [3]*10 = 30 M.D.
Action 10: Punch the shit outta anything in her way. Strike: 1d20+9: [2]+9 = 11 , Damage: 1d6*10: [4]*10 = 40 M.D.

Parries (+15 included): 1d20+15: [5]+15 = 20 , 1d20+15: [3]+15 = 18 , 1d20+15: [9]+15 = 24 , 1d20+15: [7]+15 = 22 , 1d20+15: [3]+15 = 18 , 1d20+15: [13]+15 = 28 , 1d20+15: [14]+15 = 29 , 1d20+15: [15]+15 = 30 , 1d20+15: [8]+15 = 23 , 1d20+15: [10]+15 = 25
Auto-Dodges (+## included): 1d20+9: [13]+9 = 22 , 1d20+9: [20]+9 = 29 , 1d20+9: [3]+9 = 12 , 1d20+9: [5]+9 = 14 , 1d20+9: [13]+9 = 22 , 1d20+9: [10]+9 = 19 , 1d20+9: [13]+9 = 22 , 1d20+9: [9]+9 = 18 , 1d20+9: [13]+9 = 22 , 1d20+9: [12]+9 = 21
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 67
S.D.C.: 133/133
P.T.P.: 1600/1600
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)
Image
User avatar
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 215
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:23 pm

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Analoy »

Percep: 58%= 1d100: [31] = 31
JIC: 1d20: [3] = 3 1d100: [14] = 14

Conditions
PPE: 247/182;
NG-L5: Shots 10/4
Knight in Full Armor - 210/182.5 min , 115/96 M.D.C.
Black Sun (Darkness Powers) - 35/11.5 min duration, nightvision 600’; see in magical darkness; can recognize shadow beasts and other shadow-linked creatures even in shadows; Cloak of darkness & Shadow meld (BoM p.93 & 103)
Skills Rolls
Prowl 65%: 1d100: [98] = 98
Detect Ambush 75%: 1d100: [66] = 66
Lore: Demons & Monsters 65%: 1d100: [93] = 93
Analoy squints down the hall as she looks around, reporting over the comms, "The next junction is just as torn up as the others. Looks like there's a few bodies on the ground too."

As Jez gives orders, Analoy nods, "You got it boss. Sweep the Security Lockup as the rest of you pass.". She slides her vibro-sword into her belt as she takes the offered shotgun, keeping Zdeslav in her off hand. I hope she doesn't want this back. Two shots and it'll get dropped or turn into a club.

Analoy moves up behind Eight as they start down the corridor. When they get to the Security Lockup, she peels off and covers the room. Moving in slowly she sweeps from left to right, ready to fire with the shotgun. If she expends the second shot, she'll drop the shotgun and tear into any opposition with Zdeslav.

If the room is clear, she'll swing around and take up the rear as they move down the hall.
Combat rolls
Actions: 6
Init: 1d20+1: [8]+1 = 9

1. Strike: 1d20: [19] = 19 Dmg: shotgun: [roll]1D6x10[/roll] MD
2. Strike: 1d20: [13] = 13 Dmg: shotgun: [roll]1D6x10[/roll] MD
3. Strike: 1d20: [3] = 3 (mace +2) Dmg: Mace: 4d12: [11, 5, 2, 11] = 29 SDC/MD
4. Strike: 1d20: [20] = 20 (mace +2) Dmg: Mace: 4d12: [9, 11, 8, 5] = 33 SDC/MD
5. Strike: 1d20: [18] = 18 (mace +2) Dmg: Mace: 4d12: [11, 12, 7, 12] = 42 SDC/MD
6. Strike: 1d20: [15] = 15 (mace +2) Dmg: Mace: 4d12: [4, 4, 3, 3] = 14 SDC/MD

If needed, Dodge/Parry: 1d20+8: [7]+8 = 15 , 1d20+8: [3]+8 = 11 , 1d20+8: [6]+8 = 14 , 1d20+8: [16]+8 = 24 , 1d20+8: [13]+8 = 21 , 1d20+8: [4]+8 = 12
(Parry an additional +2 w/ mace)
Analoy Landie
Current Details
P.P.E.: 227/227
M.D.C.: 196/196
Charm/Impress: 20%

Image
Image
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 234
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Susan Lee »

Perception: 1d100: [86] = 86 / 38%
JIC: 1d20: [4] = 4 / 1d100: [48] = 48

CONDITIONS: NF40A integrated into armor (110 MDC) Active; 2xNF20A on Northern Gun Drones (75 MDC) Active; See Invisible; Radar from Naruni Armor (always active along with suit)

Susan salutes Jezebel. "Certainly, Commander. I'll send Cordelia up front and leave Cullen behind, although if the legends about these vampires are remotely true, I can't imagine that a drone will be able to spot a bat or a disturbingly sensual Eastern European nobleman."

She then sends Cordelia to take point, about 100 feet ahead of any meaty GIRLS members and leaves Cullen around 100 feet back as an additional rear alarm.
It's DNA, all the way down./Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
Image
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
Posts: 560
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Underguard »

Conditions wrote:Location: Naruni Facility ZAB-01SA, South America, Brasil
Time/Date: 01:17:00 PM (2 minutes have passed); January 1st, 112PA
Environmental Conditions: 66°F (18.9°C); Cool, stale air.
At Jezebel's request, Susan leaves her drone, Cullen, in the rear to monitor the hallway with the vampire while Eight leads the way forward. Moving quickly but quietly, Jez follows the android and notes how utterly silent it is when it moves, even quickly. Every one of them is making some noise, this android seems to literally make no noise. Regardless, the trained arismal is able to keep pace with the android as it moves.

While the party moves past the lockup, Analoy darts in and immediately kicks something loose and metal on the ground that slams into a nearby wall and echoes as it clatters. Wincing, Analoy continues into the room and doesn't find any immediate threat. There are four large containers in the room that seem to be capsule like with a button on each side. Pressing one of the buttons opens that side of the container; inside the one she opened is a plethera of Naruni weaponry and E-Clips. It is obvious that several weapons have been removed, likely by the security forces. It would take Analoy the better part of fifteen minutes to properly search the room alone, but it is devoid of threats. She leaves the room and rejoins the others at the next junction (#7) after swiping 10 short E-Clips and 5 Long E-Clips.

Meanwhile, Eight leads the team west through the corridor into the next Junction. "South is Administration. North through the Dimensional Room, we only need to cross the control area to the next junction. We do not need to venture further into the Dimensional Room; I believe that R71 is inside this room trying to get out at the far end. We will need to move as quietly as possible to the next door. Prepare yourselves, and I will open the door. Our focus is Reactor Control beyond the Dimensional Room. Get it back online, we can reconnect the facility and the Creator can send in a pacification force to do the rest." Eight says, stopping at the access point. He looks to everyone then nods, opening the door.

Inside the Dimensional Room stands a thing of technological marvel. A large circular device that stands easily thirty feet tall and encompasses the entire center of the room. Surrounding it are large charged up arms that seem to be on a rotating track. The room is dark and everything is inactive. When the doorway opens, everyone hears an echoing impact and roar of frustration deeper inside the room they are in. Jezebel can see through the darkness, as can Analoy, and they both make out a large, lumbering figure about three hundred feet away, on the other side of the incredibly large room.

Eight looks back at everyone and points to the doorway. It is twenty feet away and past a dark control console. Eight holds its finger up to its lips as if to say 'quietly' and enters the room.

Prowl rolls and intentions. There is a computer console, the armory and the door infront of you. Lest we forget R71 is confirmed in the room with you, but so far, unaware. Combat Contingencies.

GIRLS Movement 9.png



Jezebel:
Analoy:
Susan:
Amber: -6 I.S.P. | Sixth Sense Active
Millicent:

What are you doing?
AA Professional Services GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Exe (PW GA) || EP Ledger
ImageImage
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
Posts: 630
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Jezebel »

Perception: 77% / 1d100: [22] = 22 (Does R71 look to be cybernetic or robotic?)
JIC: 1d20: [1] = 1 / 1d100: [37] = 37
Conditions: Critical strike on 18-20, K.O. on N20, Energy Resistance, NE-BA-26 & Stalker Suit worn (gloves on), N-F50A active
Prowl 95% / 1d100: [50] = 50 (All attempts to detect the Stalker Suit with thermal systems suffer a penalty of -20% to the Read Sensory Equipment skill.)

Jez whispers over the GIRLS' radio, "No visible lights. Quickly & quietly, get to the door opposite and inside the other room." She'll physically direct those in the right direction who cannot see as well in the dark. Okay, let's hope people can keep their clumsy feet in check so I don't have to engage that mountain of weirdness.

Initiative (+8 added): 1d20+8: [9]+8 = 17
Non-Combat Action: If R71 moves to attack one of the others, Jez will leap across the intervening distance to physically engage/draw its attention.
Action 1: Punch R71! Strike: 1d20+9: [3]+9 = 12 , Damage: 1d6*10: [3]*10 = 30 M.D.
Action 2: Punch R71! Strike: 1d20+9: [11]+9 = 20 , Damage: 1d6*10: [5]*10 = 50 M.D.
Action 3: Punch R71! Strike: 1d20+9: [19]+9 = 28 , Damage: 1d6*10: [2]*10 = 20 M.D.
Action 4: Punch R71! Strike: 1d20+9: [17]+9 = 26 , Damage: 1d6*10: [3]*10 = 30 M.D.
Action 5: Punch R71! Strike: 1d20+9: [17]+9 = 26 , Damage: 1d6*10: [3]*10 = 30 M.D.
Action 6: Punch R71! Strike: 1d20+9: [3]+9 = 12 , Damage: 1d6*10: [1]*10 = 10 M.D.
Action 7: Punch R71! Strike: 1d20+9: [18]+9 = 27 , Damage: 1d6*10: [4]*10 = 40 M.D.
Action 8: Punch R71! Strike: 1d20+9: [6]+9 = 15 , Damage: 1d6*10: [2]*10 = 20 M.D.
Action 9: Punch R71! Strike: 1d20+9: [18]+9 = 27 , Damage: 1d6*10: [1]*10 = 10 M.D.
Action 10: Punch R71! Strike: 1d20+9: [11]+9 = 20 , Damage: 1d6*10: [1]*10 = 10 M.D.

Parries (+15 included): 1d20+15: [5]+15 = 20 , 1d20+15: [1]+15 = 16 , 1d20+15: [10]+15 = 25 , 1d20+15: [5]+15 = 20 , 1d20+15: [9]+15 = 24 , 1d20+15: [17]+15 = 32 , 1d20+15: [20]+15 = 35 , 1d20+15: [4]+15 = 19 , 1d20+15: [2]+15 = 17 , 1d20+15: [10]+15 = 25
Auto-Dodges (+9 included): 1d20+9: [9]+9 = 18 , 1d20+9: [5]+9 = 14 , 1d20+9: [10]+9 = 19 , 1d20+9: [5]+9 = 14 , 1d20+9: [7]+9 = 16 , 1d20+9: [4]+9 = 13 , 1d20+9: [11]+9 = 20 , 1d20+9: [9]+9 = 18 , 1d20+9: [19]+9 = 28 , 1d20+9: [18]+9 = 27
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 67
S.D.C.: 133/133
P.T.P.: 1600/1600
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)
Image
User avatar
Amber Dach
Posts: 105
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:50 am

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Amber Dach »

Perception: 42% = 1d100: [12] = 12 (+5% on Perception Rolls regarding vampires and the undead)
JiC: 1d20: [5] = 5 | 1d100: [54] = 54

Skills Rolls
Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy
o Identify Type/Race of Paranormal Creature: 80% = 1d100: [98] = 98
o Track by Psychic Scent: 70% = 1d100: [28] = 28 (82% if supernatural being is also using magic)
Prowl 30% = 1d100: [18] = 18
Intelligence 53% = 1d100: [7] = 7 (scanning around her for any intel)
Mind’s Eye 78% = 1d100: [72] = 72 (to sense and interpret the shape, distance, direction, speed, and location of everything around in all directions)
Constant/Active Conditions
Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense: Range 180’
Sense Supernatural Evil & Sense Magic Energy: Range 300’
Sense the Presence of Vampires and Vampire Intelligences: Range: 1000' radius
Recognize Vampires Recognize Vampires by Appearance (special): 50% = 1d100: [79] = 79 (+10% bonus to recognize Secondary Vampires, +30% bonus to recognize Wild Vampires. -30% skill penalty to recognize Master Vampires).
Sense Rifts and Ley Lines: Senses Ley Lines up to 5 miles away, a nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away.

Alter Aura to change her aura in the following ways:
• The general level of experience can be made to seem much higher (1d4+3 levels higher) than it really is.
• Conceal the I.S.P. levels to be show them to be minimal (like a minor psychic).
• Conceal the presence of magic.
Alter Aura will last for 8 hours. 2.25 hours remaining. Costs 2 I.S.P.
Mind’s Eye
• Range 600’, lasts for 20 minutes. Costs 8 I.S.P.
• +3 on initiative, +1 to strike, +2 to parry and dodge, and cannot be snuck upon or surprised.
Amber acknowledges Jez’s orders with a silent nod. She silently scolds herself for not investing in an upgraded optics for her body armour before they left. Mental note. Add an optics system to the list of upgrades.

She concentrates briefly and activates her Mind’s Eye ability. As her ‘radar’ becomes active in her mind, the shape of the room comes into view. She quickly studies a path across the room to the door in question. Once she is ready to proceed she takes a deep breath in and tries to carefully pick her path across to the next room. She ignores R71 for the most part as she trusts in her abilities to anticipate danger and track the beast to keep her safe from being surprised by it. She is ready at an instant to attempt to paralyze it, if it catches their movement to the room beyond.

Combat Rolls
Initiative: 1d20+12 = 1d20+12: [13]+12 = 25
Non-Combat Action: Activate Crystal Deflector Gauntlet (Apsis shape 40” diameter, 80 MDC)

Action 1: If attacker is in range and sight. Bio-Manipulation: Paralysis. Duration: 4d4 = 4d4: [4, 3, 3, 2] = 12 minutes
Action 2: Strike with TX-26 at nearest attacker: 1d20+4 = 1d20+4: [18]+4 = 22 ; Damage: 5d6 MD = 5d6: [4, 2, 2, 2, 6] = 16
Action 3: Strike with TX-26 at nearest attacker: 1d20+4 = 1d20+4: [11]+4 = 15 ; Damage: 5d6 MD = 5d6: [1, 6, 5, 2, 6] = 20
Action 4: Strike with TX-26 at nearest attacker: 1d20+4 = 1d20+4: [3]+4 = 7 ; Damage: 5d6 MD = 5d6: [4, 3, 3, 2, 3] = 15
Action 5: Strike with TX-26 at nearest attacker: 1d20+4 = 1d20+4: [3]+4 = 7 ; Damage: 5d6 MD = 5d6: [2, 1, 4, 4, 4] = 15
Action 6: Strike with TX-26 at nearest attacker: 1d20+4 = 1d20+4: [17]+4 = 21 ; Damage: 5d6 MD = 5d6: [4, 4, 2, 4, 4] = 18

Parries with Shield 1d20+10(6): 1d20+10: [3]+10 = 13 , 1d20+10: [14]+10 = 24 , 1d20+10: [1]+10 = 11 , 1d20+10: [7]+10 = 17 , 1d20+10: [2]+10 = 12 , 1d20+10: [3]+10 = 13
Amber Dach

Current Conditions
Conditions
P.P.E.: 23/33
I.S.P.: 76/150
H.P.: 33/33
S.D.C.: 87/87

Crystal Deflector Gauntlet: 11/15 melee round charges remaining


Image
User avatar
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 215
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:23 pm

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Analoy »

Percep: 58%= 1d100: [42] = 42
JIC: 1d20: [9] = 9 1d100: [99] = 99

Conditions
PPE: 247/182;
NG-L5: Shots 10/4
Knight in Full Armor - 210/180.5 min , 115/96 M.D.C.
Black Sun (Darkness Powers) - 35/9.5 min duration, nightvision 600’; see in magical darkness; can recognize shadow beasts and other shadow-linked creatures even in shadows; Cloak of darkness & Shadow meld (BoM p.93 & 103)
10 short E-Clips
5 Long E-Clips
Skills Rolls
Prowl 65%: 1d100: [70] = 70
Detect Ambush 75%: 1d100: [63] = 63
Lore: Demons & Monsters 65%: 1d100: [43] = 43
Analoy keeps quiet as the threat of R71 looms over the team. Taking up the rear position she puts a hand on Susan's should to help direct the other woman and to let Susan know the she has her back, then she follows the team and steps out into the Central Control room. Keep your drek together Analoy. Watch your step and no more stupid mistakes. And, now that you have re-loads, switch out the e-clip on your rifle as soon as we're behind the next door.

Making her way across the room, the loudest noise Analoy hopes to hear are the thoughts running through her head.
Combat rolls
Actions: 6
Init: 1d20+1: [7]+1 = 8

1. Strike: 1d20: [17] = 17 Dmg: shotgun: 1d6*10: [4]*10 = 40 MD
2. Strike: 1d20: [1] = 1 Dmg: shotgun: 1d6*10: [2]*10 = 20 MD
3. Strike: 1d20: [14] = 14 (mace +2) Dmg: Mace: 4d12: [5, 8, 10, 2] = 25 SDC/MD
4. Strike: 1d20: [20] = 20 (mace +2) Dmg: Mace: 4d12: [12, 7, 7, 6] = 32 SDC/MD
5. Strike: 1d20: [5] = 5 (mace +2) Dmg: Mace: 4d12: [9, 11, 11, 4] = 35 SDC/MD
6. Strike: 1d20: [11] = 11 (mace +2) Dmg: Mace: 4d12: [5, 8, 10, 9] = 32 SDC/MD

If needed, Dodge/Parry: 1d20+8: [1]+8 = 9 , 1d20+8: [2]+8 = 10 , 1d20+8: [9]+8 = 17 , 1d20+8: [19]+8 = 27 , 1d20+8: [10]+8 = 18 , 1d20+8: [14]+8 = 22
(Parry an additional +2 w/ mace)
Analoy Landie
Current Details
P.P.E.: 227/227
M.D.C.: 196/196
Charm/Impress: 20%

Image
Image
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 234
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Susan Lee »

Perception: 1d100: [32] = 32 / 38%
JIC: 1d20: [5] = 5 / 1d100: [51] = 51

CONDITIONS: NF40A integrated into armor (110 MDC) Active; 2xNF20A on Northern Gun Drones (75 MDC) Active; See Invisible; Radar from Naruni Armor (always active along with suit)

Susan follows the rest of the team into the room, bringing up her Infrared feed on her HUD to supplement the radar. I wonder if both the thing that attacked us and the person responsible for shutting down the facility are in here?

Prowl: 1d100: [35] = 35 / 45%

She sends Cordelia off to the side of Jez to provide cover fire and leaves Cullen in the doorway to provide a rear guard.

Initiative: 1d20+3: [13]+3 = 16

Susan holds her fire until the monster from earlier attacks or they're clearly in combat.

Susan actions:
Fire Pulse Rifle: Strike 1d20+4: [11]+4 = 15 - Damage 1d6*10: [3]*10 = 30
Fire Pulse Rifle: Strike 1d20+4: [17]+4 = 21 - Damage 1d6*10: [5]*10 = 50
Fire Pulse Rifle: Strike 1d20+4: [16]+4 = 20 - Damage 1d6*10: [2]*10 = 20
Fire Pulse Rifle: Strike 1d20+4: [2]+4 = 6 - Damage 1d6*10: [4]*10 = 40
Fire Pulse Rifle: Strike 1d20+4: [9]+4 = 13 - Damage 1d6*10: [5]*10 = 50
Fire Pulse Rifle: Strike 1d20+4: [20]+4 = 24 - Damage 1d6*10: [6]*10 = 60

Parries: 1d20+10: [6]+10 = 16 , 1d20+10: [6]+10 = 16 , 1d20+10: [18]+10 = 28 , 1d20+10: [8]+10 = 18 , 1d20+10: [2]+10 = 12 , 1d20+10: [20]+10 = 30

Cordelia Actions (targets whoever Susan is targeting):
Strike 1d20+3: [17]+3 = 20 / Damage 6d6: [5, 2, 6, 6, 4, 6] = 29
Strike 1d20+3: [14]+3 = 17 / Damage 6d6: [4, 2, 3, 2, 3, 1] = 15
Strike 1d20+3: [20]+3 = 23 / Damage 6d6: [1, 6, 2, 3, 6, 3] = 21
Dice rolls
1d20: [2] = 2
It's DNA, all the way down./Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
Image
User avatar
Millicent Mayeux
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:04 pm

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Millicent Mayeux »

Perception: 1d100<57: [91] = 0
JIC: 1d100: [27] = 27 | 1d20: [11] = 11
Active: Integrated N-40A Forcefield:110/110
  • 22/24 NE-001PC clip


As the team reforms and the android gives its tactical advice concerning the situation, Millicent’s hopes seem to rise as Amber mentions as second, closer contact. What else is in here? The tech wonders. She ideally realizes she should probably be scared or intimidated by that knowledge, but she finds herself calm as she stares into the darkness, rotating her suits vision in regular intervals.
Jezebel wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:48 am Jez nods at Eight. "You lead the way to the D-room...cautiously. We'll be on your six."
Millicent will fall in behind the team as they begin moving forward, keeping her position as rear guard and scout.

Prowl: 1d100<26: [7*] = 1

Millicent attempts to move silently as the droid advises it, but her ability at stealthy maneuvered is obviously lacking, but is surprisingly silent in her Power Armor.

Combat Contingencies

Round 1: Initiative: 1d20+6: [8]+6 = 14

Action 1: Move to Cover
Action 2: 3 round burst at nearest enemy with TX-23*: 1d20+8: [3]+8 = 11 | 5d6: [3, 2, 4, 3, 3] = 15 MDC
Action 2: Draw NE-8SL
Action 3-6: Called/Aimed Shot at closest enemy’s head or similarly vulnerable location with TX-23*: 1d20+11: [17]+11 = 28 | 2d6: [3, 1] = 4 MDC
Action 3-6: Called/Aimed Shot at closest enemy’s head or similarly vulnerable location with NE-8SL: 1d20+11: [6]+11 = 17 | 3d6: [4, 2, 5] = 11
Action 7: 3 round burst at nearest enemy with TX-23*: 1d20+8: [11]+8 = 19 | 5d6: [1, 5, 5, 6, 1] = 18 MDC
Action 7: 2 round burst at nearest enemy with NE-8SL: 1d20+8: [5]+8 = 13 | [roll]6d6][/roll] MDC
Action 8: Reserved for Dodge: 1d20+7: [19]+7 = 26

Auto-Dodge: 1d20+5: [18]+5 = 23 | 1d20+5: [7]+5 = 12 | 1d20+5: [17]+5 = 22 | 1d20+5: [19]+5 = 24 | 1d20+5: [11]+5 = 16 | 1d20+5: [20]+5 = 25 | 1d20+5: [6]+5 = 11 | 1d20+5: [10]+5 = 15

*Attached to Armor Power Supply via UEL Cable
-3 NE-001PC
If the test subject is alerted, Millicent will quickly dart to the nearest piece of cover she can identify before letting loose with a burst from her laser pistol as she draws her Naruni Slim Line. With both weapons, Millicent will line up an aimed shot on the beats head, attempting to core the things eyes with a pair of pistol shots. If the beats is still standing, Millicent will open up with a more sustained level of fire, making sure she stays mobile enough to dodge any incoming attacks.
Millicent Mayeux
Millicent Mayeux
  • HP:23/23
  • SDC:30/30
  • ISP:57/57
  • Helmet*: 70/70
  • R. Arm: 50/50
    • Right Forearm Housing: 60/60
      • Jumper Cables*: 2/2
      • Air Drill*: 2/2
      • Air Grinder*: 4/4
      • Air Impact Drill*: 5/5
      • Air Hammer*: 4/4
      • Vibro-Cutters*: 2/2
      • UEL Cables*: 6 each
  • L. Arm:50/50
    • Left Forearm Diagnostic Computer: 30/30
  • Main Body: 185/185
    • R. Chest Light with M.D.C. Shutters: 35/35
    • L. Chest Light with M.D.C. Shutters*: 35/35
    • Air Tank (lower back): 15/15
  • R.Leg:90/90
  • L.Leg:90/90
    • Leg Drum/Tank #1 (left, upper leg): 16/16
    • Leg Drum/Tank #2 (left, upper leg): 16/16
    • Leg Drum/Tank #3 (left, upper leg): 16/16
  • Integrated N-40A Forcefield:110/110
*=-4 to hit, called shot only.

Image
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
Posts: 560
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Underguard »

Conditions wrote:Location: Naruni Facility ZAB-01SA, South America, Brasil
Time/Date: 01:22:00 PM (5 minutes have passed); January 1st, 112PA
Environmental Conditions: 66°F (18.9°C); Cool, stale air.
Eight leads the way into the room with Jez and Amber following closely behind. Jezebel's eyes piecing through the darkness still tracking the monster at the other end. Analoy follows while melded with the darkness, invisible to most in this environment. Unfortunately, her luck continues as she passes the computer console and a quick, loud *Clank* is heard as Analoy feels the nose of her rifle tap the metal console. Everyone in the room hears the sound, which is gone as soon as it is heard and from the darkness, R71 heard it as well.

Jezebel watches the beast turn in the darkness while Amber's mind's eye recognizes the shift in its movements. The tap was quick enough that no one, except Analoy, actually knows where the sound came from in the darkness. Susan and Millicent quickly and quietly both join everyone else now at the opposite door as Eight opens it. It takes a second for the door to open and the beast seems to be lurking slowly towards the front. The door finally opens with a soft hiss and everyone piles through with Eight shutting the door behind them. No one dared look back as the door shut, comfortable with the knowledge that they didn't hear the deafening roar from the beast.

Eight leads everyone past the next two junctions (#20/21) and takes them north at the first corridor towards the backup generators (#24) and the Main reactor (#26), sealing each Junction behind it. "We must ensure the backups are disconnected first, then manually restart the reactor. It will require two of you to enter the core while I access the Reactor Control. One must also remain with the Backup Generators to reconnect them after reactivation. The others can remain with me in control. If we can reactivate the core while R71 is in the main room, the Pacification Unit can deal with it and we will be done." Eight says, looking towards Jezebel.

For this: Two PCs for the Reactor, One for backups, rest with Eight (or on guard, etc). Skill rolls suggested. You can elect to try something different >:)

Flat map but reposted for ease of reference, refer to the numbers in the post for location, not the map.

Main Level(s).png



Jezebel:
Analoy:
Susan:
Amber: -6 I.S.P. | Sixth Sense Active
Millicent:

What are you doing?
AA Professional Services GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Exe (PW GA) || EP Ledger
ImageImage
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
Post Reply

Return to “G.I.R.L.S. of Merctown Adventure Forum”