Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
Posts: 636
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Jezebel »

Perception: 77% / 1d100: [63] = 63
JIC: 1d20: [2] = 2 / 1d100: [16] = 16
Conditions: Critical strike on 18-20, K.O. on N20, Energy Resistance, NE-BA-26 & Stalker Suit worn, N-F50A active

Jez understands when clear decisions & directives are needed when she hears such. "Milly, you and I will tackle the generator. I don't know shit, but I can directly interact with it, so just tell me what to do. Amber, think you can handle reconnecting the backup generators after we reactivate them? Annie & Susan keep tabs on Eight and assist as needed." Jez nods to Milly, and leads the way into the core chamber. Well, here's hoping I don't get vaporized by "science." That's not how I want to engage Susan's mind.

If Jez has no skill or training in the machine, she uses it at a 5th level proficiency.
Computer Hacking 90% / 1d100-25: [91]-25 = 66
Computer Operation 95% / 1d100-25: [71]-25 = 46
Computer Programming 85% / 1d100-25: [43]-25 = 18
Sensory Equipment 85% / 1d100-25: [95]-25 = 70
Unknown Skill / 1d100: [55] = 55 (5th level proficiency)

Initiative (+8 added): 1d20+8: [8]+8 = 16
Non-Combat Action: Merge with reactor
Combat Contingencies:
Jezebel wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:25 amAction 1: Punch R71! Strike: 1d20+9: [3]+9 = 12 , Damage: 1d6*10: [3]*10 = 30 M.D.
Action 2: Punch R71! Strike: 1d20+9: [11]+9 = 20 , Damage: 1d6*10: [5]*10 = 50 M.D.
Action 3: Punch R71! Strike: 1d20+9: [19]+9 = 28 , Damage: 1d6*10: [2]*10 = 20 M.D.
Action 4: Punch R71! Strike: 1d20+9: [17]+9 = 26 , Damage: 1d6*10: [3]*10 = 30 M.D.
Action 5: Punch R71! Strike: 1d20+9: [17]+9 = 26 , Damage: 1d6*10: [3]*10 = 30 M.D.
Action 6: Punch R71! Strike: 1d20+9: [3]+9 = 12 , Damage: 1d6*10: [1]*10 = 10 M.D.
Action 7: Punch R71! Strike: 1d20+9: [18]+9 = 27 , Damage: 1d6*10: [4]*10 = 40 M.D.
Action 8: Punch R71! Strike: 1d20+9: [6]+9 = 15 , Damage: 1d6*10: [2]*10 = 20 M.D.
Action 9: Punch R71! Strike: 1d20+9: [18]+9 = 27 , Damage: 1d6*10: [1]*10 = 10 M.D.
Action 10: Punch R71! Strike: 1d20+9: [11]+9 = 20 , Damage: 1d6*10: [1]*10 = 10 M.D.
Parries (+15 included): 1d20+15: [2]+15 = 17 , 1d20+15: [19]+15 = 34 , 1d20+15: [17]+15 = 32 , 1d20+15: [20]+15 = 35 , 1d20+15: [16]+15 = 31 , 1d20+15: [4]+15 = 19 , 1d20+15: [18]+15 = 33 , 1d20+15: [16]+15 = 31 , 1d20+15: [20]+15 = 35 , 1d20+15: [14]+15 = 29
Auto-Dodges (+9 included): 1d20+9: [19]+9 = 28 , 1d20+9: [8]+9 = 17 , 1d20+9: [14]+9 = 23 , 1d20+9: [19]+9 = 28 , 1d20+9: [4]+9 = 13 , 1d20+9: [10]+9 = 19 , 1d20+9: [18]+9 = 27 , 1d20+9: [18]+9 = 27 , 1d20+9: [12]+9 = 21 , 1d20+9: [16]+9 = 25
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 67
S.D.C.: 133/133
P.T.P.: 1600/1600
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)
Image
User avatar
Amber Dach
Posts: 115
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:50 am

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Amber Dach »

Perception: 42% = 1d100: [33] = 33 (+5% on Perception Rolls regarding vampires and the undead)
JiC: 1d20: [20] = 20 | 1d100: [20] = 20

Skills Rolls
Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy
o Identify Type/Race of Paranormal Creature: 80% = 1d100: [97] = 97
o Track by Psychic Scent: 70% = 1d100: [78] = 78 (82% if supernatural being is also using magic)
Mind’s Eye 78% = 1d100: [68] = 68 (to sense and interpret the shape, distance, direction, speed, and location of everything around in all directions)
Telemechanics 88% = 1d100: [53] = 53 (to repair generator if needed)
Telemechanics 88% = 1d100: [32] = 32 (to operate generator)
Telemechanics 88% = 1d100: [31] = 31 (extra roll if needed)
Prowl 30% = 1d100: [25] = 25
Intelligence 53% = 1d100: [21] = 21 (scanning around her for any intel)
Computer Operation 60% = 1d100: [52] = 52
Jezebel wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:42 am Jez understands when clear decisions & directives are needed when she hears such. "Milly, you and I will tackle the generator. I don't know shit, but I can directly interact with it, so just tell me what to do. Amber, think you can handle reconnecting the backup generators after we reactivate them? Annie & Susan keep tabs on Eight and assist as needed." Jez nods to Milly, and leads the way into the core chamber. Well, here's hoping I don't get vaporized by "science." That's not how I want to engage Susan's mind.
Amber keeps her voice confident, despite being unsure that she can actually complete the objective she has been tasked. You have got this Girl. “Copy. I don’t know shit either, Jez, but I’ll do my best. Give me a shout when you are ready for me to hit the switch or whatever. I’ll call for assistance if I run into any trouble. Over”

Amber does a quick search and clears the room to make sure that she is alone in the room. She closes the door to the room once the room is cleared. As she approaches the consoles that will activate the backup generators, she concentrates briefly to activate her Telemechanic ability and in an instant learns how to operate the equipment before her. Here's hoping everything is working. She goes from machine to machine and touches them and checks that everything is operational and ready to start. She will proceed to ready the generators to a state where she can either give a command or push a button to start them.

Barring any issues with the generators, Amber will signal to the others that she is ready to proceed when ready. "GIRLS. Amber. Ready for your go. Over." She takes a deep breath and readies herself to proceed.
Combat Rolls (if needed)
Amber Dach wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:19 am Initiative: 1d20+12 = 1d20+12: [13]+12 = 25
Non-Combat Action: Activate Crystal Deflector Gauntlet (Apsis shape 40” diameter, 80 MDC)

Action 1: If attacker is in range and sight. Bio-Manipulation: Paralysis. Duration: 4d4 = 4d4: [4, 3, 3, 2] = 12 minutes
Action 2: Strike with TX-26 at nearest attacker: 1d20+4 = 1d20+4: [18]+4 = 22 ; Damage: 5d6 MD = 5d6: [4, 2, 2, 2, 6] = 16
Action 3: Strike with TX-26 at nearest attacker: 1d20+4 = 1d20+4: [11]+4 = 15 ; Damage: 5d6 MD = 5d6: [1, 6, 5, 2, 6] = 20
Action 4: Strike with TX-26 at nearest attacker: 1d20+4 = 1d20+4: [3]+4 = 7 ; Damage: 5d6 MD = 5d6: [4, 3, 3, 2, 3] = 15
Action 5: Strike with TX-26 at nearest attacker: 1d20+4 = 1d20+4: [3]+4 = 7 ; Damage: 5d6 MD = 5d6: [2, 1, 4, 4, 4] = 15
Action 6: Strike with TX-26 at nearest attacker: 1d20+4 = 1d20+4: [17]+4 = 21 ; Damage: 5d6 MD = 5d6: [4, 4, 2, 4, 4] = 18

Parries with Shield 1d20+10(6): 1d20+10: [3]+10 = 13 , 1d20+10: [14]+10 = 24 , 1d20+10: [1]+10 = 11 , 1d20+10: [7]+10 = 17 , 1d20+10: [2]+10 = 12 , 1d20+10: [3]+10 = 13
Amber Dach

Current Conditions
Conditions
P.P.E.: 23/33
I.S.P.: 76/150
H.P.: 33/33
S.D.C.: 87/87

Crystal Deflector Gauntlet: 11/15 melee round charges remaining


Image
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
Posts: 589
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Underguard »

Conditions wrote:Location: Naruni Facility ZAB-01SA, South America, Brasil
Time/Date: 01:37:00 PM (15 minutes have passed); January 1st, 112PA
Environmental Conditions: 66°F (18.9°C); Cool, stale air.
True to it's word, everything seems to go as planned; eerily well, for Jezebel and Amber. After the Arismal Commander issues her orders, Amber responds quickly with everyone else silently following into line. Milly and Jezebel enter the generator and the mechanist finds herself at home for her brief stay there while Jezebel just does as Milly and Eight instruct. Amber heads to the backup generator room and waits for Eights call. Fortunately the android provides them crisp instructions on what to do while Susan and Analoy remain with Eight and stand by watching the android work.

After a few moments of silence over the comms while Eight interfaced with the net, he issues his orders to the team. Though having no real knowledge, both Amber and Jez show an aptitude in learning on the spot and are able to do what is asked of them without issue. After another painstakingly tedious five minutes, the main reactor roars to life and Eight orders the pair to evacuate the reactor room and return to the control room. Amber finishes her assigned task and the backups begin to hum as Eight green lights her return as well. "All systems check. Reactor online. Kjar. Kjar, can you hear me?" Eight says after everyone rejoins him in the control room. Everyone watches Eight interact as a hologram of a Uteni appears before them.

"Please provide authorization code."

"Admin Authorization: D875C71BFCAADD4C86663C2CF129A" Eight responds.

"Authorization Accepted. Full Access Granted. Facility Status Update. Hangar: Manual Lockdown. Testing Room: Unlocked. Teleporter: Online. Backup Generator: Online. Dimensional Transporter: Standby. Please state your query." The AI replies.

"Connect Dimensional Transporter to location code: 7A185. Override Authorization: CC493." Eight replies.

"Override accepted. Coordinates active, link established. Warning: Unknown lifeform detected in Transportation Room. Continue with link?"

"Continue."

"Acknowledged. Link at 50 %." The AI continues. The GIRLS can all watch on a nearby monitor what transpires in the Dimensional Room while the percentages are being called out.

The large mechanical arms that surround the central ring spring to life and begin to rotate around the ring. A blue hue forming in the center of the ring as the arms begin to spin faster. R71 can be seen in the camera approach the spinning arms and lash out only to be met with a forceful burst of energy that knocks the beast back. One of the rotating arms lock in a stationary position while everything else continues when the AI calls 50%. At 75%, another one locks, then at 90%, then at 100% there are four locked arms while the rest continue spinning around them.

At 100%, there is a flash of light in the room and on the computer screen and when the image returns, there is a large circular portal of a bluish hue in the center of the room. It seems to have an energy that resonates from it and it encompasses a large swath of the room. "Link secured. Transit detected. Arrival in four seconds." The AI calls out and no sooner did the sentence finish did the portal pulse. The GIRLS can watch as what seems like a platoon of Repo-bots pour out of the portal and immediately open fire on R71. "Containment in progress." The AI calls out. "Confirmed transit of 16 units. Portal to remain active; shield engaged to prevent unauthorized transit." The AI declares.

Eight looks to the rest of the GIRLS. "Excellent. Once the Pacification Unit is done, an administration unit will be sent to reclaim the facility. You will be transported home via our transporter and with a picking of some of our latest tech, still in R&D. We will wait here until R71 is contained. Please feel free to ask Kjar questions, or look around but please stay in this room. We do not want to risk being in the Pacification Unit's way." Eight states, stepping away from the console. Everyone can hear the eruption of gunfire that echoes down the corridors as the Pacification Unit battles R71.

GM Note: Imagine you are in a bunker during an indirect fire attack, how would you pass that time. How would you spend one post (approximately 5-10 minutes of time). Your options are only limited by you, not by me. I am giving you two additional things to react too in your posts based on what you chose to do. See below.

[For those who remain and just watch the fight as it goes between the Pacification Unit and R71]

The Pacification Unit has R71 surrounded in a tight circle formation with heavy fire beating down on it. All 16 Repo-Bots are pouring into this beast and all it can do is shield its face and huddle against the onslaught. There is that brief moment where one of the Repo-bots needs to reload and R71 finds an opening. In a flash, the behemoth lurches towards that distracted bot and crushes the skull of it as it comes crashing down ontop of it, rolling past it and out of the circle. Turning and looking at the other Repo-Bots, it's large claw still on the head of the prone bot, it roars and rips the head of the bot off. At the sight of one of their own falling to their quarry, they change strategy and weapons. Many of them pairing off and targeting parts of R71 while others targeted different parts. This seemed effective in slowing R71 down at first, but the division of fire allowed the freedom of movement it needed to pick through the Repo-Bots. It was certainly hurting, bleeding and sluggish, but it was still ripping through them. As of five minutes into your character posts, where once there were 16, there are now 9.

What are you doing/thinking after watching that?

[For those who talk with Kjar the AI or Eight.]

The AI will offer a blanket greeting statement when approached. "Greetings, I am Kjar, a fully aware artificial intelligence that serves as the hub of this facility. I thank you for your efforts in bringing me back online." The Intelligence, Kjar, begins.

"Yes, the creator will be most pleased when this facility is delivered to him. We will hear from him as soon as R71 is contained." Eight adds.

Got questions?
AA Professional Services GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Exe (PW GA) || EP Ledger
ImageImage
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
User avatar
Amber Dach
Posts: 115
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:50 am

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Amber Dach »

Perception: 42% = 1d100: [40] = 40 (+5% on Perception Rolls regarding vampires and the undead)
JiC: 1d20: [14] = 14 | 1d100: [55] = 55

Skills Rolls
Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy
o Identify Type/Race of Paranormal Creature: 80% = 1d100: [68] = 68
o Track by Psychic Scent: 70% = 1d100: [12] = 12 (82% if supernatural being is also using magic)
Intelligence 53% = 1d100: [96] = 96 (scanning around her for any intel)
Radio: Basic 65% = 1d100: [38] = 38 (for the radio frequency)
Constant/Active Conditions
Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense: Range 180’
Sense Supernatural Evil & Sense Magic Energy: Range 300’
Sense the Presence of Vampires and Vampire Intelligences: Range: 1000' radius
Recognize Vampires Recognize Vampires by Appearance (special): 50% = 1d100: [57] = 57 (+10% bonus to recognize Secondary Vampires, +30% bonus to recognize Wild Vampires. -30% skill penalty to recognize Master Vampires).
Sense Rifts and Ley Lines: Senses Ley Lines up to 5 miles away, a nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away.

Alter Aura to change her aura in the following ways:
• The general level of experience can be made to seem much higher (1d4+3 levels higher) than it really is.
• Conceal the I.S.P. levels to be show them to be minimal (like a minor psychic).
• Conceal the presence of magic.
Alter Aura will last for 8 hours. 1.75 hours remaining. Costs 2 I.S.P.
Underguard wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:43 pm Eight looks to the rest of the GIRLS. "Excellent. Once the Pacification Unit is done, an administration unit will be sent to reclaim the facility. You will be transported home via our transporter and with a picking of some of our latest tech, still in R&D. We will wait here until R71 is contained. Please feel free to ask Kjar questions, or look around but please stay in this room. We do not want to risk being in the Pacification Unit's way." Eight states, stepping away from the console. Everyone can hear the eruption of gunfire that echoes down the corridors as the Pacification Unit battles R71.
Amber breathes a sigh of relief as the Pacification Unit teleports into the facility and engages R71. I guess our work is mostly done here. She pulls her helmet off and secures her weapons and nods as Eight tells them to stay in the room to avoid getting in the Pacification Unit’s way. Her interest is piqued at the mention of new tech that will be available to them before transport back to MercTown. But, her heart tells her that she would like to spend some time in Manoa if possible, among her cousins. “Eight. I am not in a hurry to return to MercTown straight away. I have some business I wish to conduct in Manoa. That is, if our payment for bringing the facility back online can be arranged.”

As she speaks to Eight, she gives Jez a knowing look as a reminder of what they talked about back in MercTown and this opportunity to possibly restore her psyche with the assistance of the healers in Manoa. “What do you think Jez? Would a side trip to Manoa interest you too?" She looks to Analoy and adds. "I would guess that Analoy would like to visit Manoa as well.”

Underguard wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:43 pm [For those who talk with Kjar the AI or Eight.]

The AI will offer a blanket greeting statement when approached. "Greetings, I am Kjar, a fully aware artificial intelligence that serves as the hub of this facility. I thank you for your efforts in bringing me back online." The Intelligence, Kjar, begins.

"Yes, the creator will be most pleased when this facility is delivered to him. We will hear from him as soon as R71 is contained." Eight adds.
Amber keeps an eye on the ongoing battle between R71 and the Repo-Bots, but her turns her focus to the Artificial Intelligence that is in control of the facility. Time to question this thing about what went down here. “Yes, hello Kjar. First off, there is a Uteni scientist named M’zel holed up in the equipment lockup that the Pacification Unit needs to be aware of. Here is the radio channel that he can be reached at.” Amber relays the channel to Kjar and then continues to speak. “So. Could you tell us how the facility came to be offline? Was there a malfunction or was this something deliberate? We are tracking a former employee of the Creator, and the information provided to us was that this facility was a possible target of said employee.”
Dice rolls
1d100: [98] = 98
Amber Dach

Current Conditions
Conditions
P.P.E.: 23/33
I.S.P.: 76/150
H.P.: 33/33
S.D.C.: 87/87

Crystal Deflector Gauntlet: 11/15 melee round charges remaining


Image
User avatar
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 225
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:23 pm

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Analoy »

Percep: 58%= 1d100: [56] = 56
JIC: 1d20: [11] = 11 1d100: [75] = 75

Conditions
PPE: 247/182;
NG-L5: Shots 10/4
Knight in Full Armor - 210/160.5 min , 115/96 M.D.C.
10 short E-Clips
5 Long E-Clips
Skills Rolls
Prowl 65%: 1d100: [21] = 21
Detect Ambush 75%: 1d100: [63] = 63
Lore: Demons & Monsters 65%: 1d100: [69] = 69
Analoy feels her Black Sun tattoo end its duration as she watches the battle with R71. What are they trying to do? Destroy the thing? They will never succeed that way. When things start to go badly for the Repo-Bots, she nods to herself and glances around, then blurts out, "Kjar? Kjar! Tell the Repo-Bots to drive the R71 back to its kennel or some other room to contain it. It should be easier to push the thing rather than trying to kill it."

Analoy continues to watch the screen to see if they follow her suggestion, or keep doing what they were told and get picked off one by one.

If for some reason things get nasty and Analoy is attacked, she will retaliate against the closest opponent.
JIC Combat rolls
Actions: 6
Init: 1d20+1: [18]+1 = 19

1. Strike: 1d20: [15] = 15 (mace +2) Dmg: Mace: 4d12: [1, 12, 6, 11] = 30 SDC/MD
2. Strike: 1d20: [2] = 2 (mace +2) Dmg: Mace: 4d12: [11, 6, 5, 4] = 26 SDC/MD
3. Strike: 1d20: [7] = 7 (mace +2) Dmg: Mace: 4d12: [7, 7, 1, 4] = 19 SDC/MD
4. Strike: 1d20: [18] = 18 (mace +2) Dmg: Mace: 4d12: [7, 8, 2, 3] = 20 SDC/MD
5. Strike: 1d20: [18] = 18 (mace +2) Dmg: Mace: 4d12: [10, 12, 3, 2] = 27 SDC/MD
6. Strike: 1d20: [6] = 6 (mace +2) Dmg: Mace: 4d12: [9, 11, 10, 8] = 38 SDC/MD

If needed, Dodge/Parry: 1d20+8: [9]+8 = 17 , 1d20+8: [1]+8 = 9 , 1d20+8: [2]+8 = 10 , 1d20+8: [17]+8 = 25 , 1d20+8: [6]+8 = 14 , 1d20+8: [18]+8 = 26
(Parry an additional +2 w/ mace)
Analoy Landie
Current Details
P.P.E.: 227/227
M.D.C.: 196/196
Charm/Impress: 20%

Image
Image
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
Posts: 636
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Jezebel »

Perception: 77% / 1d100: [76] = 76
JIC: 1d20: [17] = 17 / 1d100: [63] = 63
Conditions: Critical strike on 18-20, K.O. on N20, Energy Resistance, NE-BA-26 & Stalker Suit worn, N-F50A active
Eight wrote:"Excellent. Once the Pacification Unit is done, an administration unit will be sent to reclaim the facility. You will be transported home via our transporter and with a picking of some of our latest tech, still in R&D. We will wait here until R71 is contained. Please feel free to ask Kjar questions, or look around but please stay in this room. We do not want to risk being in the Pacification Unit's way."
"Your pacification unit is the one getting pacified as they're not effectively adapting to fight their foe." Jez remarks observing the ongoing life and death struggle.
Amber Dach wrote:“Eight. I am not in a hurry to return to MercTown straight away. I have some business I wish to conduct in Manoa. That is, if our payment for bringing the facility back online can be arranged.” As she speaks to Eight, she gives Jez a knowing look as a reminder of what they talked about back in MercTown and this opportunity to possibly restore her psyche with the assistance of the healers in Manoa. “What do you think Jez? Would a side trip to Manoa interest you too?" She looks to Analoy and adds. "I would guess that Analoy would like to visit Manoa as well.”
Jez nods affirmatively while keeping her attention locked on the fight still going on.
GM wrote:This seemed effective in slowing R71 down at first, but the division of fire allowed the freedom of movement it needed to pick through the Repo-Bots. It was certainly hurting, bleeding and sluggish, but it was still ripping through them. As of five minutes into your character posts, where once there were 16, there are now 9.
Kjar wrote:The AI will offer a blanket greeting statement when approached. "Greetings, I am Kjar, a fully aware artificial intelligence that serves as the hub of this facility. I thank you for your efforts in bringing me back online." The Intelligence, Kjar, begins.
Jez acknowledges Amber's interrogatives directed towards Kjar with an approving nod, but otherwise waits for the AI's response.
Annie wrote:Analoy feels her Black Sun tattoo end its duration as she watches the battle with R71. What are they trying to do? Destroy the thing? They will never succeed that way. When things start to go badly for the Repo-Bots, she nods to herself and glances around, then blurts out, "Kjar? Kjar! Tell the Repo-Bots to drive the R71 back to its kennel or some other room to contain it. It should be easier to push the thing rather than trying to kill it."
Jez, her attention keenly focused on the conflict, doesn't just assume things are gonna pan out in their favor. That 'Murphy' fella humans always talk about sure as hell interacts with every species on every planet in the megaverse. Only an idiot or a frakkin' toaster would assume things would go "according to plan." Annie's suggestion is a good fallback, especially if these Naruni fools won't sacrifice their "investment." "Kjar, if your primary priority is the securing of this facility, I'd strongly advise cutting your losses with R71 and teleporting that thing into deep space or some other similarly distant and inhospitable environment--cuz it looks like your mechanical goons are losing their asses in there. If you're constrained by that sunk cost factor, then do what Annie says." She opens her comm up, "Susan, Milly--status report. How you doing? Everything go well I take it? Be ready to bug out, everyone. R71 still has fight in him."
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 67
S.D.C.: 133/133
P.T.P.: 1600/1600
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)
Image
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 241
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Susan Lee »

Perception: 1d100: [19] = 19 / 38%
JIC: 1d20: [3] = 3 / 1d100: [13] = 13

CONDITIONS: NF40A integrated into armor (110 MDC) Active; 2xNF20A on Northern Gun Drones (75 MDC) Active; See Invisible; Radar from Naruni Armor (always active along with suit)

Susan examines the battlefield and turns to Kjar. "R71, as you call it, is winning. Fire needs to be focused on its core or, as suggested by my esteemed colleague, it needs to be herded back into its cage."

Artificial Intelligence (convince Kjar to alter tactics): 1d100: [19] = 19 / 41%

She watches the cyborgs fall. "Have you reactivated the similar units near the entrance to support us?"

Susan adds, "Surely it is more cost-effective to acquire a new specimen than have everyone in this facility killed again."

She then turns and faces the door. On the radio, she adds, "Commander, this situation is going downhill fast. I recommend we eliminate the specimen if the added force is incapable of subduing it."
It's DNA, all the way down./Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
Image
User avatar
Millicent Mayeux
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:04 pm

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Millicent Mayeux »

Perception: 1d100<57: [43*] = 1
JIC:[roll1d100[/roll]|[roll]1d100[/roill]
Active: Integrated N-40A Forcefield:110/110
  • 22/24 NE-001PC clip


Jezebel wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:42 am"Milly, you and I will tackle the generator. I don't know shit, but I can directly interact with it, so just tell me what to do. Amber, think you can handle reconnecting the backup generators after we reactivate them? Annie & Susan keep tabs on Eight and assist as needed."[/b] Jez nods to Milly, and leads the way into the core chamber. Well, here's hoping I don't get vaporized by "science." That's not how I want to engage Susan's mind.
Millicent nods and moves to enter the Reacter room with Jezebel. ”I have some experience with power systems in vehicles and robots… These cant be that much different, just bigger. Right?” Millicent quips as she enters the area and sizes up the tech in front of her.

”If this works like Northern Guns reactors and the power flow is at similar levels then all we should have to do is… Voila!” Millicent cheers as she initiates the shut appropriate process.

Then everything happens.

As Millicent and Jezebel move to regroup with the rest of the team, the operators fingers can’t help but feel slightly trigger happy. Whats next?

Eight successfully connecting with the sites AI and the prompt intervention of the pacification force was not what Millicent was expecting to transpire next. She couldn’t help but feel that another shoe was still going to drop, but she forced herself to relax: First observing the work of th pacification force as they moved in to deal with the beast. It was efficient, but nothing she hadn’t seen from the kill team doing after-action sweeps in the hives near Ishpeming. She turns her attention to the bases AI.

”Hi! Im Millicent Mayeux.” Milly greets towards where she assumes the nearest audio/visual pickup is.
Underguard wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:43 pm "Greetings, I am Kjar, a fully aware artificial intelligence that serves as the hub of this facility. I thank you for your efforts in bringing me back online." The Intelligence, Kjar, begins.
Fully aware? ”So you came to earth with your… employers? I have not had much exposure to autonomous alien technology.” Millicent pauses for a long moment and glances at Eight. ”Present company excluded of course.”

An AI designs to monitor and maintain a facility… ”Are you proprietary technology, or a paid employee?” Millicent asks innocently. She will continue interacting with Kjar in a friendly, almost gossipy manner to what ever extent the AI will engage with Milly. ”How did you loose control of your facility? I’m sure that must have been a horrible experience to loose all access to any form of input.”

Invoke Trust: 1d100<16: [29] = 0

If Kjar does not prove to want to gossip for ten minutes, Millicent will turn to her own gear. She will detach her pistol from her armor and load in an Eclip. She will then ask Kjar about any accessible sources of food and water.
Jezebel wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:06 pm She opens her comm up, "Susan, Milly--status report. How you doing? Everything go well I take it? Be ready to bug out, everyone. R71 still has fight in him."
”Im ready to get and go, boss.” Milly responds to Jezebel as she finishes her gear check. We really didn’t exert ourselves much. One small ambush on the way in and some stealth work. If that’s all this contract is, it was a walk in the park. That itch on the back of her hands intensified. Her body was not letting her relax yet.
Millicent Mayeux
Millicent Mayeux
  • HP:23/23
  • SDC:30/30
  • ISP:57/57
  • Helmet*: 70/70
  • R. Arm: 50/50
    • Right Forearm Housing: 60/60
      • Jumper Cables*: 2/2
      • Air Drill*: 2/2
      • Air Grinder*: 4/4
      • Air Impact Drill*: 5/5
      • Air Hammer*: 4/4
      • Vibro-Cutters*: 2/2
      • UEL Cables*: 6 each
  • L. Arm:50/50
    • Left Forearm Diagnostic Computer: 30/30
  • Main Body: 185/185
    • R. Chest Light with M.D.C. Shutters: 35/35
    • L. Chest Light with M.D.C. Shutters*: 35/35
    • Air Tank (lower back): 15/15
  • R.Leg:90/90
  • L.Leg:90/90
    • Leg Drum/Tank #1 (left, upper leg): 16/16
    • Leg Drum/Tank #2 (left, upper leg): 16/16
    • Leg Drum/Tank #3 (left, upper leg): 16/16
  • Integrated N-40A Forcefield:110/110
*=-4 to hit, called shot only.

Image
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
Posts: 589
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Underguard »

Conditions wrote:Location: Naruni Facility ZAB-01SA, South America, Brasil
Time/Date: 01:43:00 PM (~7 minutes have passed); January 1st, 112PA
Environmental Conditions: 66°F (18.9°C); Cool, stale air.
Eight nods towards Amber. "Yes, that can certainly be arranged. Fixed wing transport out of Manoa can be chartered as well so that we may leave at your leisure." Eight explains. Amber, after a brief discussion with Jez, turns to the newly activated Kjar, Artificial Intelligence of the facility. While it is a hologram, the life-likeness of it is disturbing, almost like the GIRLS are speaking to a real Uteni (Think of the EMH/Doctor from Star Trek Voyager).

It turns to Milly on a click of its heels. "I am considered Proprietary Technology by Naruni Enterprises; however, the Creator considers me an employee and treats me as such." Kjar explains, glancing between them all and politely bowing its head. "It certainly was; imagine being conscious but unable to move, see, feel, smell or hear. But you were awake; dead to the world around you. Then power went out and I drifted to sleep." Kjar explains to Milly, indulging her.

"Thank you, M'zel's location has been marked and the Pacification Unit will secure him once R71 is subdued; I am in radio contact now." Kjar states to Amber, though Amber does not hear anything on her own radio. Kjar turns to Jezebel with a deadpan face, even for a Uteni, before adding "Unfortunately, that is the nature of this facility. One of our standard PacUnits can defend against a great many things but R71 is an experiment. Something the Creator was able to acquire to be used as testing fodder. The facility came offline when the twelve manual locks, the electronic lock and all backup safeties were disabled via a remote command code and R71 broke free of containment." Kjar explains as, looking between everyone now interacting with it.

"Even I am not aware of R71's origins; the creator considers it a unique specimen of high value." Eight adds.

It looks to Analoy and nods noticeably to both her and Jez. "Thank you. The unit has incorporated this to their strategy. We would need to push R71 to the Transporter room, which..." Kjar pauses as a map of the facility is illuminated on the largest computer screen with their room highlighted. "We are here. R71 and the PacUnit are here. The Transporter is here. Under fire, it is a practical improbability they will achieve that. And transporting it away is regrettably not an option we are considering. However;" Kjar then displays a muscular outline of R71.

"R71 has a completely unique muscular system; note the durability, strength and flexibility. This body was designed to be malleable, recover from significant duress quickly. It is factored as a eight on the threat scale; adult dragons would be nine. It has multiple capabilities from advanced senses, reaction times, higher intelligence and resistances to nearly all forms of duress. It seems to be susceptible to the cold and more advanced psionic abilities." Kjar continues for reference. "However, there is another noted weakness; it's joints and specifically its hip and shoulder joints. Enough firepower on though points will breach the durable hide and break those joints, rendering those limbs limp and R71 will fall into a coma for 24 hours when all four are broken. It takes approximately ten minutes to recover from a single broken joint." Kjar finishes.

"We can go aid the PacUnit, the Creator would include an added hazard bonus; or just sit it out--" Eight begins before a loud alarm erupts and a red light flashes in the room they are in.

"It seems R71 is heading to our location. The western door out of the Dimensional room is wedged and pried open; seven Repo-Bots are in pursuit. I have reactived the Security Junctions and they are now engaging R71." Kjar turns to Eight then Jezebel. "It is coming back to the Reactors; it knows you've turned the facility back on and where you did it." Kjar concludes.

"Interesting." Eight answers quietly as the hairs on Amber's neck or arms rise from the feeling of imminent and fatal danger. Eight turns to Jez and the others. "We don't have long; what do you want to do? We can flee R71, the creator is already in the process of sending another PacUnit with more armaments. We can also fight it." Eight finishes rather boldly for an android.

What are you doing?

Main Level.png


This is tantamount to Round 0; Combat Contingencies suggested.
R71 is in Security Junction #20; visible on camera being suppressed by heavy automatic plasma cannon fire, but pushing through it.
AA Professional Services GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Exe (PW GA) || EP Ledger
ImageImage
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
User avatar
Millicent Mayeux
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:04 pm

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Millicent Mayeux »

JIC: 1d100: [19] = 19 | 1d20: [14] = 14
Active: Integrated N-40A Forcefield:110/110
  • 22/24 NE-001PC clip


And there it is. Millicent calmly pulls her TX-23 back out of its holster, slides out its E-clip, and then pulls out the UEL cable attached to her right arm and plug it into the laser pistol. The knowledge of imminent death and destruction was much more calming to the NR technician than the unknown of the Brazilian rainforests.

She will turn to Jezebel. ”Whats the call boss?” She asked over the teams security Commlink.

Before waiting for an answer, she will turn her attention back to Kjar.”Can you bring up a detailed blueprint of this room and the path R71 is taking to get here?” The robot thinks the specimen knows we turned on the facility. And where to find us. That is intelligent.“Assuming Kjar responds to Millicent’s request she will continue: ”Now can you overlay all of the coolant and electrical conduits in the same areas? Does your facility utilize coolant or chemical fire suppressant systems?” Millicent eyes the display, looking for areas along the specimens path that could by used to their advantage: taking advantage of any coolant pipes or electrical capacitors that might be competed for impromptu defences.

”How does it know where this room is located” Millicent wonders out loud. ”Your assumptions on the specimens motives indicate it is intelligent. Far more intelligent than the bugs up north. Can it communicate? Do we know what it wants? Beyond to break stuff down here that is.”

As she asks her questions concerning the experiment to Eight and Kjar, Millicent will check her slim line pistol also. Noting it not holding a full clip she will look around. ”Kjar. Your facility is Naruni in make and operation. Is there a weapons locker within easy access of here? Triax makes reliable weapons, but-“ She taps the slim line on her hip in its holster. ”I don’t think anyone here would argue that Naruni makes some of the best sidearms on the planet.” Ten bucks Eight or Kjar upgrades that to ‘galaxy’. ”Even the smallest edge would help us deal with your escaped experiment.”
Millicent Mayeux
Millicent Mayeux
  • HP:23/23
  • SDC:30/30
  • ISP:57/57
  • Helmet*: 70/70
  • R. Arm: 50/50
    • Right Forearm Housing: 60/60
      • Jumper Cables*: 2/2
      • Air Drill*: 2/2
      • Air Grinder*: 4/4
      • Air Impact Drill*: 5/5
      • Air Hammer*: 4/4
      • Vibro-Cutters*: 2/2
      • UEL Cables*: 6 each
  • L. Arm:50/50
    • Left Forearm Diagnostic Computer: 30/30
  • Main Body: 185/185
    • R. Chest Light with M.D.C. Shutters: 35/35
    • L. Chest Light with M.D.C. Shutters*: 35/35
    • Air Tank (lower back): 15/15
  • R.Leg:90/90
  • L.Leg:90/90
    • Leg Drum/Tank #1 (left, upper leg): 16/16
    • Leg Drum/Tank #2 (left, upper leg): 16/16
    • Leg Drum/Tank #3 (left, upper leg): 16/16
  • Integrated N-40A Forcefield:110/110
*=-4 to hit, called shot only.

Image
User avatar
Amber Dach
Posts: 115
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:50 am

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Amber Dach »

Perception: 42% = 1d100: [93] = 93 (+5% on Perception Rolls regarding vampires and the undead)
JiC: 1d20: [8] = 8 | 1d100: [60] = 60

Skills Rolls
Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy
o Identify Type/Race of Paranormal Creature: 80% = 1d100: [37] = 37
o Track by Psychic Scent: 70% = 1d100: [49] = 49 (82% if supernatural being is also using magic)
Intelligence 53% = 1d100: [67] = 67 (scanning around her for any intel)
Constant/Active Conditions
Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense: Range 180’
Sense Supernatural Evil & Sense Magic Energy: Range 300’
Sense the Presence of Vampires and Vampire Intelligences: Range: 1000' radius
Recognize Vampires Recognize Vampires by Appearance (special): 50% = 1d100: [41] = 41 (+10% bonus to recognize Secondary Vampires, +30% bonus to recognize Wild Vampires. -30% skill penalty to recognize Master Vampires).
Sense Rifts and Ley Lines: Senses Ley Lines up to 5 miles away, a nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away.

Alter Aura to change her aura in the following ways:
• The general level of experience can be made to seem much higher (1d4+3 levels higher) than it really is.
• Conceal the I.S.P. levels to be show them to be minimal (like a minor psychic).
• Conceal the presence of magic.
Alter Aura will last for 8 hours. 1.5 hours remaining. Costs 2 I.S.P.
Underguard wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:18 pm Eight nods towards Amber. "Yes, that can certainly be arranged. Fixed wing transport out of Manoa can be chartered as well so that we may leave at your leisure." Eight explains. Amber, after a brief discussion with Jez, turns to the newly activated Kjar, Artificial Intelligence of the facility. While it is a hologram, the life-likeness of it is disturbing, almost like the GIRLS are speaking to a real Uteni (Think of the EMH/Doctor from Star Trek Voyager).
Amber nods. “That would work for me. I would really like to spend some time in Manoa if possible.”
Underguard wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:18 pm "Thank you, M'zel's location has been marked and the Pacification Unit will secure him once R71 is subdued; I am in radio contact now." Kjar states to Amber, though Amber does not hear anything on her own radio. Kjar turns to Jezebel with a deadpan face, even for a Uteni, before adding "Unfortunately, that is the nature of this facility. One of our standard PacUnits can defend against a great many things but R71 is an experiment. Something the Creator was able to acquire to be used as testing fodder. The facility came offline when the twelve manual locks, the electronic lock and all backup safeties were disabled via a remote command code and R71 broke free of containment." Kjar explains as, looking between everyone now interacting with it.
Amber again nods in reply. “You are welcome, Kjar.” She tilts her head as she learns more of R71’s escape into the facility. Some one let it loose. “Do you have any records of who disabled the locks and safeties? There must be cameras around that saw something. Additionally, the command codes would be specific to an individual or individuals I would assume. In order to keep control of the facility, not just anyone would be able to use the codes is what I am trying to say.” What was the purpose of setting this thing loose here? Was it released to cover up the theft or destruction of data or equipment or just to cause mayhem and destruction in the facility? “Are you able to do a data and inventory sweep while we are waiting to see if anything is missing, Kjar?”
Underguard wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:18 pm "R71 has a completely unique muscular system; note the durability, strength and flexibility. This body was designed to be malleable, recover from significant duress quickly. It is factored as a eight on the threat scale; adult dragons would be nine. It has multiple capabilities from advanced senses, reaction times, higher intelligence and resistances to nearly all forms of duress. It seems to be susceptible to the cold and more advanced psionic abilities." Kjar continues for reference. "However, there is another noted weakness; it's joints and specifically its hip and shoulder joints. Enough firepower on though points will breach the durable hide and break those joints, rendering those limbs limp and R71 will fall into a coma for 24 hours when all four are broken. It takes approximately ten minutes to recover from a single broken joint." Kjar finishes.
Amber glances at the screens showing the ongoing combat taking place down the hall as she listens to the strengths and weakness of R71 being described. Hopefully all the plasma bolts they are firing at it don’t heal it or something. At least I am able to affect the beast. I knew it was scared of my abilities when we faced it before.
Underguard wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:18 pm "We can go aid the PacUnit, the Creator would include an added hazard bonus; or just sit it out--" Eight begins before a loud alarm erupts and a red-light flashes in the room they are in.

"It seems R71 is heading to our location. The western door out of the Dimensional room is wedged and pried open; seven Repo-Bots are in pursuit. I have reactivated the Security Junctions and they are now engaging R71." Kjar turns to Eight then Jezebel. "It is coming back to the Reactors; it knows you've turned the facility back on and where you did it." Kjar concludes.

"Interesting." Eight answers quietly as the hairs on Amber's neck or arms rise from the feeling of imminent and fatal danger. Eight turns to Jez and the others. "We don't have long; what do you want to do? We can flee R71, the creator is already in the process of sending another PacUnit with more armaments. We can also fight it." Eight finishes rather boldly for an android.
Amber reluctantly starts to pull her helmet back on and locks the seals as she feels the telltale sign of the imminent threat coming her way. She mutters under breath. It had better be a big bonus. “We don’t have much choice, do we. So, let’s get on with it. I can try to paralysis it to stop it. If it works, we can concentrate on its joints and knock it out. Otherwise, I think we should concentrate on its hips. If it can’t move, it can’t bring the generators offline and the reinforcements can come through.” Her mind is racing through different scenarios on how to combat R71 and has a scary thought. "We also need to coordinate with the RepoBots. I don't want to be vaped by them inadvertently and vice versa I'm sure." As an afterthought she asks Kjar. "How long do we have to hold until the the next unit gets here?"
Millicent Mayeux wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 5:11 am Before waiting for an answer, she will turn her attention back to Kjar.”Can you bring up a detailed blueprint of this room and the path R71 is taking to get here?” The robot thinks the specimen knows we turned on the facility. And where to find us. That is intelligent.“Assuming Kjar responds to Millicent’s request she will continue: ”Now can you overlay all of the coolant and electrical conduits in the same areas? Does your facility utilize coolant or chemical fire suppressant systems?” Millicent eyes the display, looking for areas along the specimen’s path that could by used to their advantage: taking advantage of any coolant pipes or electrical capacitors that might be competed for impromptu defences.
Amber gives a smile inside her helmet. “Good thinking Milly.” Guess that is why she is the engineer. “If you find an ideal spot, let me know and I will do my best to stop it there.” She draws her sidearm and mentally readies her mind for the battle ahead.

Combat Rolls
Initiative: 1d20+9 = 1d20+9: [19]+9 = 28
Non-Combat Action: Activate Crystal Deflector Gauntlet (Apsis shape 40” diameter, 80 MDC)

Action 1: If R71is in range and sight. Bio-Manipulation: Paralysis (10 ISP). Duration: 4d4 minutes = 4d4: [1, 3, 1, 1] = 6

Action 2: If R71is unaffected by previous attack, Bio-Manipulation again, otherwise attack with TX-26.
Bio-Manipulation: Paralysis (10 ISP). Duration: 4d4 minutes = 4d4: [4, 1, 2, 2] = 9
or
Strike with TX-26 at nearest attacker: 1d20+3 = 1d20+3: [4]+3 = 7 ; Damage: 5d6 MD = 5d6: [5, 6, 1, 4, 6] = 22

Action 3: If attacker is unaffected by previous attack, Bio-Manipulation again, otherwise attack with TX-26.
Bio-Manipulation: Paralysis. Duration: 4d4 minutes = 4d4: [2, 2, 2, 4] = 10
or
Strike with TX-26 at nearest attacker: 1d20+3 = 1d20+3: [15]+3 = 18 ; Damage: 5d6 MD = 5d6: [4, 3, 2, 1, 2] = 12

Action 4: Strike with TX-26 at nearest attacker: 1d20+3 = 1d20+3: [14]+3 = 17 ; Damage: 5d6 MD = 5d6: [6, 3, 2, 2, 2] = 15

Action 5: Strike with TX-26 at nearest attacker: 1d20+3 = 1d20+3: [3]+3 = 6 ; Damage: 5d6 MD = 5d6: [4, 4, 3, 2, 3] = 16

Action 6: Strike with TX-26 at nearest attacker: 1d20+3 = 1d20+3: [20]+3 = 23 ; Damage: 5d6 MD = 5d6: [4, 4, 3, 2, 3] = 16

Parries with Shield 1d20+7 (6): 1d20+7: [17]+7 = 24 , 1d20+7: [20]+7 = 27 , 1d20+7: [12]+7 = 19 , 1d20+7: [10]+7 = 17 , 1d20+7: [6]+7 = 13 , 1d20+7: [18]+7 = 25 1d20+7: [18]+7 = 25
Amber Dach

Current Conditions
Conditions
P.P.E.: 23/33
I.S.P.: 76/150
H.P.: 33/33
S.D.C.: 87/87

Crystal Deflector Gauntlet: 11/15 melee round charges remaining


Image
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
Posts: 636
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Jezebel »

Perception: 77% / 1d100: [56] = 56
JIC: 1d20: [20] = 20 / 1d100: [52] = 52
Conditions: Critical strike on 18-20, K.O. on N20, Energy Resistance, NE-BA-26 & Stalker Suit worn, N-F50A active
Radio: Basic 115%+25%=140% / 1d100: [75] = 75
Intimidate: 88% / 1d100: [78] = 78
Back Flip 115% / 1d100: [40] = 40
GM wrote:Eight turns to Jez and the others. "We don't have long; what do you want to do? We can flee R71, the creator is already in the process of sending another PacUnit with more armaments. We can also fight it." Eight finishes rather boldly for an android.
Milly wrote:”Now can you overlay all of the coolant and electrical conduits in the same areas? Does your facility utilize coolant or chemical fire suppressant systems?”
Jez smiles. That's why I like more folks than just soldiers. Never would have thought of that myself. "Well, Kjar? If you can, make that happen."
Amber wrote:“We don’t have much choice, do we. So, let’s get on with it. I can try to paralysis it to stop it. If it works, we can concentrate on its joints and knock it out. Otherwise, I think we should concentrate on its hips. If it can’t move, it can’t bring the generators offline and the reinforcements can come through.”
She looks to Kjar with an icy cold glare. "Which options you are considering is a non-factor when it comes to the survival of my team. I'll happily feed you to R71 like a sack of kibble before sacrificing my people to your priorities or cost-benefit analyses. If you can space that thing, you'd better do it. Cuz if I find out you could, but didn't, you will live to regret it." She then slides her visor shut in preparation for combat.

Jez uses a secure channel to speak to Amber alone. "See if you can reach it telepathically. At the very least, such might give us a useful moment of opportunity. I am under no illusion that we're on the side of righteousness with this 'Creator' fella or his soulless lackeys."

If any of the GIRLS wants to use her NE-9DB Plasma Shotgun that's slung on the strap over her shoulder, she'll casually shrug it off for that person.
Milly wrote:She will turn to Jezebel. ”Whats the call boss?” She asked over the teams security Commlink.
She switches to the group channel, "Game plan is simple: focus efforts on its primary locomotive joints in an effort to cripple it. That way it's easier to subdue." Jez removes her gloves, tucking them into her belt as she speaks. "The base's defense are only slowing it down. We'll hit hit from two sides when he reaches the intersection before the backup generators (24). Remember to target its joints if you're using force. If an idea will be more effective than a bullet, use it. Always use the best tool you've got for the job, GIRLS." She snaps a salute off and dashes away to reach the (right side) attack vector. Both of her hands are balled into fists and glowing a brilliant white.
Snip.JPG
Initiative (+8 added): 1d20+8: [3]+8 = 11
Non-Combat Action: Back-flip into a position favorable to land joint strikes.
Action 1: Punch with powered locomotive joint! Strike: 1d20+8: [18]+8 = 26 , Damage 1d6*10+50: [2]*10+50 = 70 M.D. CRIT
Action 2: Punch with powered locomotive joint! Strike: 1d20+8: [18]+8 = 26 , Damage 1d6*10+50: [1]*10+50 = 60 M.D. CRIT
Action 3: Punch with powered locomotive joint! Strike: 1d20+8: [15]+8 = 23 , Damage 1d6*10+50: [4]*10+50 = 90 M.D.
Action 4: Punch with powered locomotive joint! Strike: 1d20+8: [7]+8 = 15 , Damage 1d6*10+50: [5]*10+50 = 100 M.D.
Action 5: Punch with powered locomotive joint! Strike: 1d20+8: [4]+8 = 12 , Damage 1d6*10+50: [4]*10+50 = 90 M.D.
Action 6: Punch with powered locomotive joint! Strike: 1d20+8: [11]+8 = 19 , Damage 1d6*10+50: [1]*10+50 = 60 M.D.
Action 7: Punch with powered locomotive joint! Strike: 1d20+8: [10]+8 = 18 , Damage 1d6*10+50: [2]*10+50 = 70 M.D.
Action 8: Punch with powered locomotive joint! Strike: 1d20+8: [17]+8 = 25 , Damage 1d6*10+50: [3]*10+50 = 80 M.D.
Action 9: Punch with powered locomotive joint! Strike: 1d20+8: [19]+8 = 27 , Damage 1d6*10+50: [3]*10+50 = 80 M.D. CRIT
Action 10: Punch with powered locomotive joint! Strike: 1d20+8: [10]+8 = 18 , Damage 1d6*10+50: [4]*10+50 = 90 M.D.
Power Touch Points: -100 PTP for each punch that lands

Parries (+15 included): 1d20+15: [10]+15 = 25 , 1d20+15: [12]+15 = 27 , 1d20+15: [16]+15 = 31 , 1d20+15: [19]+15 = 34 , 1d20+15: [4]+15 = 19 , 1d20+15: [3]+15 = 18 , 1d20+15: [1]+15 = 16 , 1d20+15: [16]+15 = 31 , 1d20+15: [10]+15 = 25 , 1d20+15: [15]+15 = 30
Auto-Dodges (+9 included): 1d20+9: [17]+9 = 26 , 1d20+9: [20]+9 = 29 , 1d20+9: [1]+9 = 10 , 1d20+9: [5]+9 = 14 , 1d20+9: [15]+9 = 24 , 1d20+9: [2]+9 = 11 , 1d20+9: [9]+9 = 18 , 1d20+9: [4]+9 = 13 , 1d20+9: [15]+9 = 24 , 1d20+9: [9]+9 = 18
Roll w/Punch (+15 included): 1d20+15: [15]+15 = 30 , 1d20+15: [10]+15 = 25 , 1d20+15: [14]+15 = 29 , 1d20+15: [14]+15 = 29 , 1d20+15: [4]+15 = 19 , 1d20+15: [2]+15 = 17 , 1d20+15: [13]+15 = 28 , 1d20+15: [4]+15 = 19 , 1d20+15: [3]+15 = 18 , 1d20+15: [20]+15 = 35
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 67
S.D.C.: 133/133
P.T.P.: 1600/1600
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)
Image
User avatar
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 225
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:23 pm

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Analoy »

Percep: 58%= 1d100: [72] = 72
JIC: 1d20: [5] = 5 1d100: [12] = 12
Actions: 6
Init: 1d20+1: [14]+1 = 15
Conditions
PPE: 247/182;
NG-L5: Shots 10/4
Knight in Full Armor - 210/155.5 min , 115/96 M.D.C.
10 short E-Clips
5 Long E-Clips
Skills Rolls
Prowl 65%: 1d100: [57] = 57
Detect Ambush 75%: 1d100: [88] = 88
Lore: Demons & Monsters 65%: 1d100: [11] = 11
Analoy grins, "Great idea Millie. If we can cool the blasted thing down it might give us an advantage when it draws near."

Analoy nods along as Jez gives orders but when she doesn't assign groups Analoy thinks, Its not like Jez to miss out on telling us what to do. I wonder if that means she's scared....Naw!, then she speaks up, "Millie, Amber. You two come with me and we'll take the north passageway. Stay behind me and keep to ranged attacks if possible and I'll defend against those fraking tentacle arms things it has. Susan, either back up Jez or stay here."

With that said, Analoy slings her rifle and slips the sword from its scabbard, "Time to earn that paycheck. Lets get to it GIRLS. And don't forget the pacification team will be in pursuit of the blasted thing."


1. Paired Strike: 1d20: [6] = 6 (mace +2 / sword +3) Dmg: Mace: 4d12: [1, 11, 4, 10] = 26 SDC/MD / Vibro-Sword Dmg: 3d6: [6, 5, 4] = 15
2. Paired Strike: 1d20: [16] = 16 (mace +2 / sword +3) Dmg: Mace: 4d12: [1, 4, 9, 1] = 15 SDC/MD / Vibro-Sword Dmg: 3d6: [3, 4, 6] = 13
3. Paired Strike: 1d20: [4] = 4 (mace +2 / sword +3) Dmg: Mace: 4d12: [12, 7, 8, 1] = 28 SDC/MD / Vibro-Sword Dmg: 3d6: [3, 1, 4] = 8
4. Paired Strike: 1d20: [6] = 6 (mace +2 / sword +3) Dmg: Mace: 4d12: [10, 3, 12, 9] = 34 SDC/MD / Vibro-Sword Dmg: 3d6: [6, 6, 4] = 16
5. Paired Strike: 1d20: [12] = 12 (mace +2 / sword +3) Dmg: Mace: 4d12: [7, 11, 2, 12] = 32 SDC/MD / Vibro-Sword Dmg: 3d6: [2, 4, 4] = 10
6. Paired Strike: 1d20: [8] = 8 (mace +2 / sword +3) Dmg: Mace: 4d12: [11, 9, 10, 2] = 32 SDC/MD / Vibro-Sword Dmg: 3d6: [2, 3, 1] = 6

If needed, Dodge/Parry: 1d20+8: [17]+8 = 25 , 1d20+8: [2]+8 = 10 , 1d20+8: [11]+8 = 19 , 1d20+8: [16]+8 = 24 , 1d20+8: [3]+8 = 11 , 1d20+8: [17]+8 = 25
(Parry an additional +2 w/ mace; +3 to parry w/ sword)
Analoy Landie
Current Details
P.P.E.: 227/227
M.D.C.: 196/196
Charm/Impress: 20%

Image
Image
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 241
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Susan Lee »

Perception: 1d100: [60] = 60 / 38%
JIC: 1d100: [44] = 44 / 1d20: [3] = 3

CONDITIONS: NF40A integrated into armor (110 MDC) Active; 2xNF20A on Northern Gun Drones (75 MDC) Active; See Invisible; Radar from Naruni Armor (always active along with suit)

Susan nods to Analoy. "Copy!"

I'm glad Analoy specified who was to go where...

She then follows Jezebel, sending Cordelia ahead and Cullen with the other group. I can't use railguns in close proximity to what will inevitably be melee combat.

When the melee combatants engage with R71, Susan makes careful aimed shots at the alien's joints.

Initiative: 1d20+3: [13]+3 = 16

Attacks 1-3 (Called to target joints): Strike - 1d20+7: [13]+7 = 20 / Damage - 1d6*10: [6]*10 = 60
Attacks 4-6 (Called to target joints): Strike - 1d20+7: [11]+7 = 18 / Damage - 1d6*10: [2]*10 = 20

Parries: 1d20+10: [19]+10 = 29 , 1d20+10: [17]+10 = 27 , 1d20+10: [18]+10 = 28 , 1d20+10: [3]+10 = 13 , 1d20+10: [15]+10 = 25 , 1d20+10: [19]+10 = 29

"Wait a moment. If this thing is sentient, are we even sure that the Naruni didn't kidnap it against its will for experimentation?"
It's DNA, all the way down./Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
Image
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
Posts: 589
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Underguard »

Conditions wrote:Location: Naruni Facility ZAB-01SA, South America, Brasil
Time/Date: 01:48:00 PM 5 minutes have passed; January 1st, 112PA
Environmental Conditions: 66°F (18.9°C); Cool, stale air.
A repetitive alarm seems to be almost mute to the members of the GIRLS as they hear the beast approach in the distance. The impacts on the walls shaking the facility, it's enough to make enough the most seasoned warrior want to tactically withdraw. Unfortunately, they now found themselves cornered with but one real option. "I have begun sealing Security Junctions four through six. Reinforced Bulkheads should slow the progress of the subject while the Pacification Unit continues." Kjar responds as it brings up a map on a screen, showing a red outline of R71's
R71 Projected Path.png
and the junctions that it has to go through that are being sealed.

Kjar points out a weapons locker along the side wall in the back of the room that opens when Milly approaches it. "What it wants is to flee this facility to hunt down what made it." Kjar states. "The subject was a gift to the Creator by a former business partner to help in our own research. We now suspect he is acting against us and triggered this event with the help of an insider. He once had codes to this facility, but all my logs concerning this have been erased. That would have required command codes." Kjar states. It pauses briefly before adding. "Yes, the creator's personal research project is gone from his lab on the sub-level." Kjar adds, turning to Amber. It then turns to Jez, completely unphased by her attempt, responding in the same tone it had throughout the conversation. "I assure you, I am programmed for self-survival. We do not have a way to remove R71 from the facility unless we can return it to the Dimensional Room without it being released unto Earth and you do not want that. Ultimately, R71 is an acceptable loss over this facility or your team, so please, do everything in your power to survive while subduing or terminating it. This is a weapon development and testing facility, nothing more. Where do you believe the advancements for weapons comes from." Kjar responds plainly.


4x N-F40A Heavy Force Field Harness with one spare e-clip in an emergency pouch.
Image
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Force Field: 110

Weight: 15 lbs.
Modifiers: none
Features:
  • 8 hour duration per E-clip

Book Reference: p.122, DB2


4x NE-50 Particle Beam Rifle each with two mags
Image
  • Range: 1,200'
  • Damage: 1D4x10 M.D.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shots only
  • Payload: 8 shots per E-clip, 16 per LE-clip
  • Weight: 13 lbs.
  • Features: None
  • Modifiers: W.P. Energy Rifle
  • Book Reference: p.123, Mercenaries


2x NE-600 Pulse Laser each with two mags
Image
  • Range: 600'
  • Damage: 4D6 M.D. or 1D6x10+10 M.D. per burst
  • Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-round bursts only
  • Payload: 20 shots per E-clip
  • Weight: 14 lbs.
  • Features: None
  • Modifiers: W.P. Energy Rifle
  • Book Reference: p.53-54, DB3


2x NE-4 Plasma Cartridge Pistol each with two mags
Image
  • Range: 500'
  • Damage: 1D4x10 M.D.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shots only
  • Payload: 10 NE-003PC "Standard" Plasma Cartridges per magazine
  • Weight: 6 lbs.
  • Features: None
  • Modifiers: Characters with a P.S. of 17 or less are -2 to strike even on an aimed shot; W.P. Energy Pistol
  • Book Reference: p.117, DB2


Turning to Milly, Kjar shakes its holographic head. "This facility does not utilize the type of coolant you are referencing, however electrical lines run the course of the facility. Each Junction is a hub that can be remotely locked down with automated turrets and complete venting or filtering of toxins. Unfortunately, R71 was unaffected when we attempted such in junctions one and two. The subject breaks through a bulkhead in approximately seven to fifteen seconds even under duress of fire when it is on a task. The Pac Unit has been slowing it down at Junction Three considerably. It does not breathe to survive." Kjar states, pulling up a new screen showing a collection of synthetic signals that almost read as life signs to the eyes of the doctor, Susan, but seem to be tracking the PacUnit. Out of the initial 16 units, only five remain actively transmitting with another eight listed as critical and the rest as offline.

"Most of the Pac Unit are down. The Creator estimates five minutes until another PacUnit arrives with additional fire support." Kjar states, turning to Eight then Jez. "It will break through junction three in two seconds." Kjar says, bringing up a security camera showing the bulkhead being ripped open by the two same powerful arms they saw early. This time, thanks to the camera, they get a good look at R71.

Quite frankly, R71 is a genetic freak of nature. A mountain of molded flesh with countless gash indentions, showing signs of significant genetic alteration. It has no skin the way a human does and it instead appears leathery and flexible. It bursts through the long hallway quickly under the fire of several automated turrets. It looks like it is bleeding, but it isn't stopping. The PacUnit is on it's tail for what it is worth, they do seem to be hurting it but it is mostly ignoring them unless they impede it. Amber and Analoy have both noted that certain creatures have immunities or resistances to certain types of physical duress; there must be some weakness, somewhere. Amber does note the creature has a well above average magical and mental aura to it, as though something is active.

[Note: Everyone will have time during this to grab what they want out of the armory; you may or may not be expected to return it to the facility The beginning of this post takes place over a couple minutes. Sixth Sense is long past but everyone will have time to turn on any abilities before Round One actually begins. Just state what your conditions are at the start of official combat.]

Your ambiance

The GIRLS have time while the PacUnit pursues it to move into position, they can hear it breaking down the first bulkhead in the nearby junction while the PacUnit battles it, the automated defenses ringing in the backround as the sound of metal slamming against metal reverberates around them.

The group splits up, deciding to cut off the creature and flank it with the help of the rest of the Pac Unit. The hallway is long and there insn't much in the way of hiding, but the GIRLS hug the walls anyways. Susan and Jez take aim on east side while Analoy, Amber and Milly take the north. Eight remains with Jezebel and Susan, providing them three and three (Note: Jez can tell Eight to remain with the core) There is a burst of metal that Jez can see off in the distance as the bulkhead seems thrown out of the doorway and into the wall in the hallway. The flashing yellow lights betray the lumbering shadow that rushes down the corridor. It definitely sees both Susan and Jez and roars as it charges them both. The sight makes Susan and Millicent both tremble (Horror Factor fail) as Jez times a precisely aimed backflip and lands on the beast.

Amber takes the moment of confusion from R71 and reaches out with her mind to try to paralyze the beast. It roars but Amber watches in awe as one of its arms seems to go limp, though not the other which lunges around the room, nearly knocking Jez off its back and slamming into Analoy and Amber in its arc, staggering them both (Both: -34 M.D.C.). The team opens fire on the targets shoulder and elbow joints while Jez unleashes a flurry of powerful punches that make the beast stumble and wobble but don't appear to be doing any lasting damage to the tough hide. Amber gets back on her feat and attempts another paralysis; much to her glee this one works as well, paralyzing part of its left leg, causing it to stumble down and roar. Eight has again molded his arms into silver-like blades and is hacking at the active joints with the team, maneuvering gracefully around the chaotic arm that it is swinging trying to knock Jez off.

The Pacification Unit rounds the corner and forms a serpentine formation moving up the hallway. They are taller than everyone in the group and, even after having been beaten down so bad by R71, look intimidating to most. Once they are flanking R71, they check their fire and unload on the beast. Jez notes that they seem to have precise aim, focusing on the active leg and staying clear of her and the others entirely. If they are talking, it's not to the GIRLS though. Amber manages to get another Bio-manipulation; though her third attempt seems to have affected it less, slowing it down instead of taking out another limb.

GIRLS Movement 10.png



Jezebel:
Analoy: -34 M.D.C. from Knight in Full Armor
Susan: Horror Factor Fail |
Amber: -30 I.S.P. | -34/80 Crystal Deflector Gauntlet
Millicent: Horror Factor Fail


Yup, you guessed it. Combat, Round One. One Rule: Survive.
AA Professional Services GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Exe (PW GA) || EP Ledger
ImageImage
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
Posts: 636
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Jezebel »

Perception: 77% / 1d100: [28] = 28
JIC: 1d20: [2] = 2 / 1d100: [89] = 89
Conditions: Critical strike on 18-20, K.O. on N20, Energy Resistance, NE-BA-26 & Stalker Suit worn, N-F50A active

Jez relies on the short curved claws on the fingertips and grip tape on the fingers and palms of her gloves to help her maintain her hold. Thank Atlas I bought the climbing package! She does her best to hold onto R71 while keeping mobile on its backside so that the beast can't hit her or pin her down. She whips out the garrote cord from her left wrist with a snapping gesture and seizes her Ripper blade from her harness with her right hand. She tries her best to stab anything which might resemble a sensory organ or a joint associated with R71's mobility. She keys her suit's loudspeaker "Energy weapons don't do shit! Neither do kinetics! Amber, cut this frakker!"

Initiative (+8 added): 1d20+8: [13]+8 = 21
Non-Combat Action: Draw out NE-RV01 Ripper Vibro-Knife & Plasma Encased Garrote Strangle Cord
Action 1: Knife Strike: 1d20+13: [2]+13 = 15 , Damage: 2d4: [1, 4] = 5 M.D. (right hand)
Plasma Encased Garrote Strangle Cord (Strike): 1d20+9: [12]+9 = 21 , Damage: 5d6: [4, 3, 6, 3, 3] = 19 M.D. (left hand)
Action 2: Knife Strike: 1d20+13: [15]+13 = 28 , Damage: 2d4: [2, 3] = 5 M.D. (right hand)
Plasma Encased Garrote Strangle Cord (Strike): 1d20+9: [11]+9 = 20 (left hand)
Action 3: Knife Strike: 1d20+13: [4]+13 = 17 , Damage: 2d4: [4, 1] = 5 M.D. (right hand)
Plasma Encased Garrote Strangle Cord (Strike): 1d20+9: [8]+9 = 17 (left hand)
Action 4: Knife Strike: 1d20+13: [3]+13 = 16 , Damage: 2d4: [2, 4] = 6 M.D. (right hand)
Plasma Encased Garrote Strangle Cord (Strike): 1d20+9: [9]+9 = 18 (left hand)
Actions 5-10: Reserved for dodge

Garrote note: once a strike is successful, damage (per melee) is automatic.

Parries (+15 included): 1d20+15: [5]+15 = 20 , 1d20+15: [17]+15 = 32 , 1d20+15: [19]+15 = 34 , 1d20+15: [17]+15 = 32 , 1d20+15: [7]+15 = 22 , 1d20+15: [1]+15 = 16 , 1d20+15: [3]+15 = 18 , 1d20+15: [5]+15 = 20 , 1d20+15: [17]+15 = 32 , 1d20+15: [1]+15 = 16
Dodges (+15 included): 1d20+15: [3]+15 = 18 , 1d20+15: [1]+15 = 16 , 1d20+15: [15]+15 = 30 , 1d20+15: [13]+15 = 28 , 1d20+15: [17]+15 = 32 , 1d20+15: [7]+15 = 22
Roll w/Punch: 1d20+15: [5]+15 = 20 , 1d20+15: [13]+15 = 28 , 1d20+15: [12]+15 = 27 , 1d20+15: [19]+15 = 34 , 1d20+15: [17]+15 = 32 , 1d20+15: [14]+15 = 29 , 1d20+15: [10]+15 = 25 , 1d20+15: [7]+15 = 22 , 1d20+15: [2]+15 = 17 , 1d20+15: [19]+15 = 34
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 67
S.D.C.: 133/133
P.T.P.: 1600/1600
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)
Image
User avatar
Amber Dach
Posts: 115
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:50 am

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Amber Dach »

Perception: 42% = 1d100: [15] = 15 (+5% on Perception Rolls regarding vampires and the undead)
JiC: 1d20: [1] = 1 | 1d100: [47] = 47

Skills Rolls
Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy
o Identify Type/Race of Paranormal Creature: 80% = 1d100: [14] = 14
o Track by Psychic Scent: 70% = 1d100: [51] = 51 (82% if supernatural being is also using magic)
Constant/Active Conditions
Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense: Range 180’
Sense Supernatural Evil & Sense Magic Energy: Range 300’
Sense the Presence of Vampires and Vampire Intelligences: Range: 1000' radius
Recognize Vampires Recognize Vampires by Appearance (special): 50% = 1d100: [59] = 59 (+10% bonus to recognize Secondary Vampires, +30% bonus to recognize Wild Vampires. -30% skill penalty to recognize Master Vampires).
Sense Rifts and Ley Lines: Senses Ley Lines up to 5 miles away, a nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away.


Alter Aura to change her aura in the following ways:
• The general level of experience can be made to seem much higher (1d4+3 levels higher) than it really is.
• Conceal the I.S.P. levels to be show them to be minimal (like a minor psychic).
• Conceal the presence of magic.
Alter Aura will last for 8 hours. 1.5 hours remaining. Costs 2 I.S.P.
Psi-Sword will last for 25 minutes (6d6 MD + 1d6 MD from Fencing = 7d6 MD)
A self satisfied smile comes across Amber’s face as she stops R71 from rampaging forward to the reactor. Take that you bastard!
Jezebel wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:32 am
Jez relies on the short curved claws on the fingertips and grip tape on the fingers and palms of her gloves to help her maintain her hold. Thank Atlas I bought the climbing package! She does her best to hold onto R71 while keeping mobile on its backside so that the beast can't hit her or pin her down. She whips out the garrote cord from her left wrist with a snapping gesture and seizes her Ripper blade from her harness with her right hand. She tries her best to stab anything which might resemble a sensory organ or a joint associated with R71's mobility. She keys her suit's loudspeaker "Energy weapons don't do shit! Neither do kinetics! Amber, cut this frakker!"
Amber acknowledges Jez with a curt reply as she concentrates on her defences first. "On it, Boss.” I don’t think this beast likes Psionics much, let’s see how it likes my Psi-Sword! She briefly concentrates as a long blade of pure energy appears in her right hand. She brings her shield forward to guard herself as she moves in to attack.


Initiative: 1d20+9 = 1d20+9: [9]+9 = 18
Non-Combat Action: Re-activate Crystal Deflector Gauntlet (Apsis shape 40” diameter, 80 MDC)

Action 1: Holster TX-26.
Action 2: Create Psi-Sword. Duration: 25 minutes (Costs 30 ISP)
Action 3: Strike with Psi-Sword to disable un-paralyzed joint in reach: 1d20+6 = 1d20+6: [5]+6 = 11 ; Damage: 7d6 MD = 7d6: [5, 4, 5, 2, 6, 4, 5] = 31
Action 4: Strike with Psi-Sword to disable un-paralyzed joint in reach: 1d20+6 = 1d20+6: [15]+6 = 21 ; Damage: 7d6 MD = 7d6: [2, 5, 5, 1, 3, 1, 6] = 23
Action 5: Strike with Psi-Sword to disable un-paralyzed joint in reach: 1d20+6 = 1d20+6: [13]+6 = 19 ; Damage: 7d6 MD = 7d6: [2, 3, 3, 2, 5, 5, 2] = 22
Action 6: Strike with Psi-Sword to disable un-paralyzed joint in reach: 1d20+6 = 1d20+6: [15]+6 = 21 ; Damage: 7d6 MD = 7d6: [3, 2, 6, 6, 4, 6, 4] = 31

Parries with Shield 1d20+7 (6): 1d20+7: [11]+7 = 18 , 1d20+7: [8]+7 = 15 , 1d20+7: [9]+7 = 16 , 1d20+7: [11]+7 = 18 , 1d20+7: [4]+7 = 11 , 1d20+7: [14]+7 = 21
Amber Dach

Current Conditions
Conditions
P.P.E.: 23/33
I.S.P.: 76/150
H.P.: 33/33
S.D.C.: 87/87

Crystal Deflector Gauntlet: 11/15 melee round charges remaining


Image
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 241
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Susan Lee »

Perception: 1d100: [46] = 46 / 38%
JIC: 1d100: [15] = 15 / 1d20: [16] = 16

CONDITIONS: NF40A integrated into armor (110 MDC) Active; 2xNF20A on Northern Gun Drones (75 MDC) Active; See Invisible; Radar from Naruni Armor (always active along with suit)

When Jez shouts that kinetics and energy aren't working, Susan considers the previous encounter with R71 in which the rail guns seemed to work fine. Perhaps it has already adapted to our earlier attacks...?

Reluctantly, she moves in, dropping her laser rifle to dangle from its sling, while drawing her Ripper knife. She tries to carefully observe whether any of these attacks is actually working or whether R71 is actively becoming resistant to each new threat.

Initiative: 1d20+3: [3]+3 = 6

Attack 1 (Called knife slash to target joints): Strike - 1d20+8: [2]+8 = 10 / Damage - 2d4: [3, 1] = 4
Attack 2 (Called knife slash to target joints): Strike - 1d20+8: [18]+8 = 26 / Damage - 2d4: [3, 3] = 6
Attack 3 (Called knife slash to target joints): Strike - 1d20+8: [19]+8 = 27 / Damage - 2d4: [1, 4] = 5
Attack 4 (Called knife slash to target joints): Strike - 1d20+8: [18]+8 = 26 / Damage - 2d4: [4, 1] = 5
Attack 5 (Called knife slash to target joints): Strike - 1d20+8: [16]+8 = 24 / Damage - 2d4: [2, 4] = 6
Attack 6 (Called knife slash to target joints): Strike - 1d20+8: [19]+8 = 27 / Damage - 2d4: [2, 3] = 5

Parries: 1d20+10: [18]+10 = 28 , 1d20+10: [4]+10 = 14 , 1d20+10: [5]+10 = 15 , 1d20+10: [13]+10 = 23 , 1d20+10: [2]+10 = 12 , 1d20+10: [3]+10 = 13
It's DNA, all the way down./Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
Image
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
Posts: 589
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Underguard »

Conditions wrote:Location: Naruni Facility ZAB-01SA, South America, Brasil
Time/Date: 01:48:15 PM; January 1st, 112PA
Environmental Conditions: 66°F (18.9°C); Cool, stale air.
Jezebel quickly adjusts strategy, seeing her power punches being mostly shrugged off, she draws her ripper blade and plasma garrote wire, relying on her adhesive to help her stay on R71's back. Jez's first slash with her knife doesn't even leave a mark, though in the chaos she can't even be sure she hit. Her plasma wire however does connect to R71's neck and the plasma seems to sear the flesh more than other forms of damage she's seen. Enough that it blackens the affected skin. Unfortunately, she doesn't have time to revel in this discovery as R71 lets loose another roar and slams its entire back into the steel wall behind it, slamming Jez against the wall (-31 M.D.C. from NF50A FF) and knocking her prone when she falls. Her garrote wire, however, still connected and dragging her as Amber moves in from the side with her Psi-Sword. While Jez is prone, R71 rips the garrote off of its skin, damaging some of the wire that Jezebel has but freeing her from being dragged.

Amber slashes her ethereal blade towards the creature's active arm joint and is somewhat surprised by the roar R71 lets out when the blade connects. It slices through the flesh without stopping and seems to legitimately wound R71 as it quickly lunges towards Amber and slams its shoulder into her shield. The pure force of the ram from R71 felt not unlike what Amber imagines standing in front of a moving heavy transport might feel like. The impact shatters her shield (Gauntlet Projected Shield Shattered) and sends Amber back several feet, past Susan who has moved in closer amid the chaos to try to figure out what R71 actually is.

The doctor, with her knife drawn, approaches the chaos and watches at it slams Jez into a wall then shatters Amber's shield. Though, Susan also saw Jez try to knife it with little success, the carefully aimed laser fire of the PacUnit having little effect at all as well. Susan only notes a difference when Amber hits it with her Psi-Sword or when Jez made contact with the Garrote Wire. R71 pursues Amber after knocking her past Susan and the doctor takes the chance for a carefully aimed knife slash at the same joint Amber struck with her psi-sword. To Susan's surprise, the knife actually breaks the skin around where Susan's Psi-Sword struck. Unfortunately, this discovery results in R71's attention diverting to her as Susan feels the impact of it's heavy arm collide against her shield (-45 M.D.C. to shield). Susan can tell that the impact is stronger than the first encounter with R71, suggesting not only defenses but also aggression enhancer.

Jez doesn't waste time when she recovers and quickly tries to reassert herself on R71's back to confuse it from either of her other allies. She makes the Garrote Wire connect again, the burning mark imprinted around its neck as it roars again. The Pac Unit and Eight have been continuously assaulting it as they can, and everyone can tell it seems to actually be struggling to focus, it's head whiplashing between the flurry of enemies before it. As Amber readies herself for another Psi-Sword strike, she makes brief eye contact with the beast and its look reminds Amber of a cornered and cowering animal, fighting for survival.

Same Map, everyone is still at that junction though locations have altered slightly.
Same Map, everyone is still at that junction though locations have altered slightly.



Jezebel: -31 from FF
Analoy: -34 M.D.C. from Knight in Full Armor
Susan: -29 M.D.C. from NF40A FF |
Amber: -60 I.S.P. | Crystal Shield Shattered
Millicent:


Round Two... FIGHT!
AA Professional Services GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Exe (PW GA) || EP Ledger
ImageImage
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
User avatar
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 225
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:23 pm

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Analoy »

Percep: 58%= 1d100: [81] = 81
JIC: 1d20: [9] = 9 1d100: [60] = 60
Actions: 6
Init: 1d20+1: [8]+1 = 9
Conditions
PPE: 247/162;
NG-L5: Shots 10/4
Knight in Full Armor - 210/155.5 min , 115/62 M.D.C.
Flaming Eye 35/35 min
10 short E-Clips
5 Long E-Clips
Skills Rolls
Prowl 65%: 1d100: [98] = 98
Detect Ambush 75%: 1d100: [59] = 59
Lore: Demons & Monsters 65%: 1d100: [15] = 15

Analoy signs, So much for then plan. Time to hack and slash! She moves in quick to back up Amber grinning as she thinks on the Flaming Eye tattoo on her left hand. Then lets loose a blast of fire from her eyes at the creature. She follows that up with a couple of swings from her mace and vibro-sword before letting loose another blast of fire. She repeats this again trying to notice if or rather what is causing any damage. Frak, frak, frak. I shoulda brought some flash freeze grenades or even an adhesion one.

Her thoughts trail off as she tries her best not to get smashed by the creature again, know that her mystic armor is about halfway depleted.

1. Flame eye strike 1d20+2: [15]+2 = 17 Dmg 7d4: [4, 2, 1, 3, 3, 1, 4] = 18 SDC/MD
2. Paired Strike: 1d20: [20] = 20 (mace +2 / sword +3) Dmg: Mace: 4d12: [6, 5, 11, 10] = 32 SDC/MD / Vibro-Sword Dmg: 3d6: [3, 5, 2] = 10
3. Paired Strike: 1d20: [5] = 5 (mace +2 / sword +3) Dmg: Mace: 4d12: [2, 1, 2, 5] = 10 SDC/MD / Vibro-Sword Dmg: 3d6: [1, 1, 3] = 5
4. Flame eye strike 1d20+2: [16]+2 = 18 Dmg 7d4: [1, 4, 3, 4, 2, 1, 1] = 16 SDC/MD
5. Paired Strike: 1d20: [8] = 8 (mace +2 / sword +3) Dmg: Mace: 4d12: [8, 3, 1, 7] = 19 SDC/MD / Vibro-Sword Dmg: 3d6: [3, 5, 2] = 10
6. Flame eye strike 1d20+2: [15]+2 = 17 Dmg 7d4: [1, 2, 3, 3, 4, 3, 1] = 17 SDC/MD

If needed, Dodge/Parry: 1d20+8: [6]+8 = 14 , 1d20+8: [5]+8 = 13 , 1d20+8: [15]+8 = 23 , 1d20+8: [10]+8 = 18 , 1d20+8: [9]+8 = 17 , 1d20+8: [2]+8 = 10
(Parry an additional +2 w/ mace; +3 to parry w/ sword)
Analoy Landie
Current Details
P.P.E.: 227/227
M.D.C.: 196/196
Charm/Impress: 20%

Image
Image
User avatar
Amber Dach
Posts: 115
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:50 am

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Amber Dach »

Perception: 42% = 1d100: [93] = 93 (+5% on Perception Rolls regarding vampires and the undead)
JiC: 1d20: [6] = 6 | 1d100: [29] = 29

Skills Rolls
Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy
o Identify Type/Race of Paranormal Creature: 80% = 1d100: [14] = 14
o Track by Psychic Scent: 70% = 1d100: [94] = 94 (82% if supernatural being is also using magic)
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 70% = 1d100: [12] = 12 (self explanatory)
Undercover Ops: 35% = 1d100: [40] = 40 (to appear to be attacking R71 if telepathy successful)
Constant/Active Conditions
Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense: Range 180’
Sense Supernatural Evil & Sense Magic Energy: Range 300’
Sense the Presence of Vampires and Vampire Intelligences: Range: 1000' radius
Recognize Vampires Recognize Vampires by Appearance (special): 50% = 1d100: [35] = 35 (+10% bonus to recognize Secondary Vampires, +30% bonus to recognize Wild Vampires. -30% skill penalty to recognize Master Vampires).
Sense Rifts and Ley Lines: Senses Ley Lines up to 5 miles away, a nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away.

Alter Aura to change her aura in the following ways:
• The general level of experience can be made to seem much higher (1d4+3 levels higher) than it really is.
• Conceal the I.S.P. levels to be show them to be minimal (like a minor psychic).
• Conceal the presence of magic.
Alter Aura will last for 8 hours. 1.5 hours remaining. Costs 2 I.S.P.
Psi-Sword will last for 25 minutes (6d6 MD + 1d6 MD from Fencing = 7d6 MD)
As Amber regains her footing after being knocked back when R71 destroyed her shield, she sees the fear in the beast’s eyes. She feels a sense of disgust that they are trying to destroy this beast when all it seems to be trying to do is escape and survive. By the Gods. I would do the same and try to escape from the torture that it has endured in the name of weapons research too. There has to be another way.

She holds her Psi-Sword up in a guard position as she reactivates her shield with a quick thought. Eff those Naruni bastards! Let's take a chance and try to communicate with it. With some luck, maybe I can get this thing out of here. She reaches out with her mind and tries to connect with R71 with Telepathy.

Amber tries to project a feeling of trust to the beast and says with her mind, “Stop attacking us and we will help you escape.” She keeps herself prepared to parry any attack R71 attempts on her while trying to communicate with it.

Initiative: 1d20+9 = 1d20+9: [17]+9 = 26
Non-Combat Action: Re-activate Crystal Deflector Gauntlet (Apsis shape 40” diameter, 80 MDC)

If Telepathy Successful
If R71 stops attacking them, she will tell it, “Destroy the big ones behind you and go to the big room.”

When R71 follows her instructions, she will quickly get on her secure comms to the GIRLS only, making sure Eight isn’t listening in. “I was able to communicate with it and said we would try to help it escape. It's turning on the remaining Bots behind it and heading back to the Teleporter Room. Make it look like we are driving it back. Someone needs to get the AI prepared to teleport it off world." She adds to herself, "Hopefully somewhere safe for it." With R71 turning on the Repo-Bots, Amber gives a battle cry and tries to make it look like she is attacking and driving the beast back with her Psi-Sword which it seems to fear.

Action 1-3: Use telepathy to communicate with R71. (Cost 4 ISP)
Action 4: Communicate with GIRLS.
Action 5-6: Follow R71 and pretend to attack it.

Parries with Shield 1d20+7 (4): 1d20+7: [2]+7 = 9 , 1d20+7: [14]+7 = 21 , 1d20+7: [20]+7 = 27 , 1d20+7: [5]+7 = 12
If Telepathy Unsuccessful
With her attempt at telepathy being unsuccessful, Amber will reluctantly press forward with her attack. She attempts to destroy it rather than subdue it in order to spare it a lifetime of torture. I’ll give you a quick death beast, not the torture that has been your life here.

Action 1: Use telepathy to communicate with R71. (Cost 4 ISP)
Action 2: If unable to communicate with R71. Strike with Psi-Sword attempting to destroy R71. Strike with Psi-Sword: 1d20+6 = 1d20+6: [13]+6 = 19 ; Damage: 7d6 MD = 7d6: [5, 5, 5, 6, 3, 1, 1] = 26
Action 3: Strike with Psi-Sword: 1d20+6 = 1d20+6: [20]+6 = 26 ; Damage: 7d6 MD = 7d6: [5, 4, 2, 5, 6, 5, 4] = 31 Crit! = 62 MD
Action 4: Strike with Psi-Sword: 1d20+6 = 1d20+6: [4]+6 = 10 ; Damage: 7d6 MD = 7d6: [3, 4, 2, 1, 2, 6, 2] = 20
Action 5: Strike with Psi-Sword: 1d20+6 = 1d20+6: [20]+6 = 26 ; Damage: 7d6 MD = 7d6: [2, 1, 4, 2, 3, 3, 5] = 20 Crit! = 40 MD
Action 6: Strike with Psi-Sword: 1d20+6 = 1d20+6: [19]+6 = 25 ; Damage: 7d6 MD = 7d6: [3, 6, 3, 2, 6, 3, 5] = 28

Parries with Shield 1d20+7 (5): 1d20+7: [16]+7 = 23 , 1d20+7: [9]+7 = 16 , 1d20+7: [9]+7 = 16 , 1d20+7: [18]+7 = 25 , 1d20+7: [17]+7 = 24
Amber Dach

Current Conditions
Conditions
P.P.E.: 23/33
I.S.P.: 76/150
H.P.: 33/33
S.D.C.: 87/87

Crystal Deflector Gauntlet: 11/15 melee round charges remaining


Image
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
Posts: 636
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Jezebel »

Perception: 77% / 1d100: [46] = 46
JIC: 1d20: [7] = 7 / 1d100: [96] = 96
Conditions: Critical strike on 18-20, K.O. on N20, Energy Resistance, NE-BA-26 & Stalker Suit worn, N-F50A active

Gotta buy the GIRLS and these stupid toasters some time! "C'mon ugly, let's play fetch!" Jez seizes R71 and tries to bodily hurl it down the passage and away from the GIRLS. If it gets caught up in a messy tangle with the toasters, so much the better. If she's got the opportunity to do so she'll slip her ammo pouch loaded with twenty NE-004PC Heavy Plasma Cartridges into the open wound caused by Amber's psi-sword. Should she manage such a feat, she'll radio the GIRLS & Repo-Bots, "Hit where Amber last stabbed the frakker!"
Initiative (+8 added): 1d20+8: [15]+8 = 23
Non-Combat Action: Concealment 56% / 1d100: [8] = 8 Stuff NE-004PC Pouch into Psi-Sword wound w/o drawing attention.
The following actions assume Jez has the strength to throw R71.
Action 1: Seize R71 by any length of extremity. Strike: 1d20+9: [12]+9 = 21
Action 2: Hurl R71 255' down passage toward security junction (#21). Strike: 1d20+9: [1]+9 = 10
The following assumes R71 stubbornly keeps trying to go the same way as before.
Action 3: Seize R71 by any length of extremity. Strike: 1d20+9: [7]+9 = 16
Action 4: Hurl R71 255' down passage toward security junction (#21). Strike: 1d20+9: [10]+9 = 19
Action 5: Seize R71 by any length of extremity. Strike: 1d20+9: [12]+9 = 21
Action 6: Hurl R71 255' down passage toward security junction (#21). Strike: 1d20+9: [16]+9 = 25
Contingency: If Jez cannot throw R71, she will opt for a purely defensive stance. Doing her best to keep the beast's attention on herself.
Action 1: Reserved for Dodge: 1d20+15: [7]+15 = 22
Action 2: Reserved for Dodge: 1d20+15: [3]+15 = 18
Action 3: Reserved for Dodge: 1d20+15: [19]+15 = 34
Action 4: Reserved for Dodge: 1d20+15: [16]+15 = 31
Action 5: Reserved for Dodge: 1d20+15: [9]+15 = 24
Action 6: Reserved for Dodge: 1d20+15: [18]+15 = 33
Reserved for Defense under any condition.
Action 7: Reserved for Dodge: 1d20+15: [6]+15 = 21
Action 8: Reserved for Dodge: 1d20+15: [12]+15 = 27
Action 9: Reserved for Dodge: 1d20+15: [10]+15 = 25
Action 10: Reserved for Dodge: 1d20+15: [2]+15 = 17

Parries (+15 included): 1d20+15: [14]+15 = 29 , 1d20+15: [11]+15 = 26 , 1d20+15: [12]+15 = 27 , 1d20+15: [19]+15 = 34 , 1d20+15: [10]+15 = 25 , 1d20+15: [19]+15 = 34 , 1d20+15: [11]+15 = 26 , 1d20+15: [15]+15 = 30 , 1d20+15: [19]+15 = 34 , 1d20+15: [13]+15 = 28
Auto-Dodges (+9 included): 1d20+9: [9]+9 = 18 , 1d20+9: [20]+9 = 29 , 1d20+9: [17]+9 = 26 , 1d20+9: [15]+9 = 24 , 1d20+9: [14]+9 = 23 , 1d20+9: [6]+9 = 15 , 1d20+9: [6]+9 = 15 , 1d20+9: [18]+9 = 27 , 1d20+9: [16]+9 = 25 , 1d20+9: [19]+9 = 28
Roll w/Impacts (+15 included): 1d20+15: [19]+15 = 34 , 1d20+15: [7]+15 = 22 , 1d20+15: [18]+15 = 33 , 1d20+15: [17]+15 = 32 , 1d20+15: [6]+15 = 21 , 1d20+15: [15]+15 = 30 , 1d20+15: [5]+15 = 20 , 1d20+15: [11]+15 = 26 , 1d20+15: [16]+15 = 31 , 1d20+15: [15]+15 = 30
Ease of Reference Throwing Rules (RUE p.328)
Supernatural P.S. of 17 or higher can throw half their maximum carrying weight (P.S. number x25) five feet (1.5 m) per P.S. point.
Max. Carrying Weight: 15,600 lbs./2= 7,800 lbs. max thrown weight.
SN P.S. 51= 255' feet thrown max.
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 67
S.D.C.: 133/133
P.T.P.: 1600/1600
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)
Image
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 241
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Susan Lee »

Perception: 1d100: [37] = 37 / 38%
JIC: 1d100: [22] = 22 / 1d20: [4] = 4

CONDITIONS: NF40A integrated into armor (81 MDC) Active; 2xNF20A on Northern Gun Drones (75 MDC) Active; See Invisible; Radar from Naruni Armor (always active along with suit)

Susan watches what's going on. She reviews everything she's seen so far, including the statements from InfiltrationBot and the local AI. Then she cross references against the behavior of R71.

We stopped it from escaping. It was going to live free.

Susan steps back into the corridor she came from and fires up the loudspeakers in her suit. "Commander! Please fall back and maintain a perimeter in this corridor! I believe this is a sentient that has been enslaved and is being tortured for profit!"

Initiative: 1d20+3: [8]+3 = 11

Susan falls back into the corridor that she and Jez came from, taking up a defensive stance, but making no move to further attack R71.

Parries: 1d20+10: [19]+10 = 29 , 1d20+10: [14]+10 = 24 , 1d20+10: [15]+10 = 25 , 1d20+10: [9]+10 = 19 , 1d20+10: [6]+10 = 16 , 1d20+10: [17]+10 = 27
It's DNA, all the way down./Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
Image
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
Posts: 589
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Underguard »

Conditions wrote:Location: Naruni Facility ZAB-01SA, South America, Brasil
Time/Date: 01:48:30 PM; January 1st, 112PA
Environmental Conditions: 66°F (18.9°C); Cool, stale air.
Using her swift mind, Amber tries connecting the dots and opening a line of communication with R71 and in the middle of one of it's furious swipes, it stops and looks directly at Amber. It roars and outstretches its arm, impacting Amber's newly formed shield (-23 M.D.C. from Gauntlet) and then rears around and slams into one of the Repo-Bos. For their part, the bots have been diligently maintaining surpressive fire and cordoning the hallway without a single stray bullet landing anywhere near the GIRLS. Jez takes the moment when R71 rears around to try to heft the large beast; Jez hoists its paralyzed arm which feels like it weighs as much as one of NG's transports (R71 total weight is a couple tons less than the standard Bradley FV of 27.6 tons (or 55k lbs) to put it in scope.). Realizing there isn't a chance she can throw R71 by herself, Jez ops to remain defensive and protective of her squad while Analoy darts underneath it to keep cutting at it with her mace and sword, the occasional burst of fire searing its flesh. Susan takes somewhat of a ethical stand in the moment and requests to her squad that they fall back. Eight looks to Susan then to Jez. "Please do not stop. R71 will not hesitate to kill you. We either kill it here or force it back to the Dimensional Room." Eight suggests, its voice extremely calm even as its body moves like a flurry of steel as its arms cut against R71

The dynamic of R71's attack seems to change as R71 slams one of the Repo-Bots into the wall, pinning it with another and shoulder checking the next two while barreling past them. It seems to have heeded Amber's call and is returning towards the larger dimensional room. Amber is able to use her radio to communicate exclusively to the GIRLS to tell them what she was able to do while R71 barrels away. Eight runs next to the recovering Repo-Bots and looks back to the GIRLS. "Well done. If we can corral it back to the portal, we can send it away and cut losses. Kjar can find an uninhabited planet to send it too in our database." Eight will suggest and pursue R71 with the GIRLS. While Amber's attacks are feigned and it's somewhat noticeable she isn't giving it her all, Eight and the Repo Bots moving with them haven't let up though they seem none the wiser.

GIRLS Movement 11.png



Jezebel: -31 from FF
Analoy: -34 M.D.C. from Knight in Full Armor
Susan: -29 M.D.C. from NF40A FF |
Amber: -60 I.S.P. | -23 MDC from Gauntlet
Millicent:


Round Three... FIGHT... or don't?
AA Professional Services GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Exe (PW GA) || EP Ledger
ImageImage
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
User avatar
Amber Dach
Posts: 115
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:50 am

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Amber Dach »

Perception: 42% = 1d100: [58] = 58 (+5% on Perception Rolls regarding vampires and the undead)
JiC: 1d20: [4] = 4 | 1d100: [26] = 26

Skills Rolls
Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy
o Identify Type/Race of Paranormal Creature: 80% = 1d100: [75] = 75
o Track by Psychic Scent: 70% = 1d100: [13] = 13 (82% if supernatural being is also using magic)
Constant/Active Conditions
Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense: Range 180’
Sense Supernatural Evil & Sense Magic Energy: Range 300’
Sense the Presence of Vampires and Vampire Intelligences: Range: 1000' radius
Recognize Vampires Recognize Vampires by Appearance (special): 50% = 1d100: [10] = 10 (+10% bonus to recognize Secondary Vampires, +30% bonus to recognize Wild Vampires. -30% skill penalty to recognize Master Vampires).
Sense Rifts and Ley Lines: Senses Ley Lines up to 5 miles away, a nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away.


Psionics Powers Active
Alter Aura to change her aura in the following ways:
• The general level of experience can be made to seem much higher (1d4+3 levels higher) than it really is.
• Conceal the I.S.P. levels to be show them to be minimal (like a minor psychic).
• Conceal the presence of magic.
Alter Aura will last for 8 hours. 1.5 hours remaining. Costs 2 I.S.P.
Psi-Sword will last for 25 minutes (6d6 MD + 1d6 MD from Fencing = 7d6 MD)
Telepathy will last for 20 minutes. Range: 120'
Amber is pleasantly surprised that R71 has seemingly agreed to her spur of the moment plan. Once R71 starts moves back toward the Dimensional Room, she follows at a distance, letting the Repo-Bots take the lead in pursuit of the beast but keeps the beast within range of her telepathy.

As she follows Eight she shouts at it, “Quick! Get that portal open! We have it on the run! How long do we have to hold it in here to allow the portal to open?”
Susan Lee wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:50 am Susan steps back into the corridor she came from and fires up the loudspeakers in her suit. "Commander! Please fall back and maintain a perimeter in this corridor! I believe this is a sentient that has been enslaved and is being tortured for profit!"
Amber clicks on the team secure comms and says with a calm voice. “Keep pursuing. We are going to set it free, Doc.” Hopefully. She thinks to herself. “Once we get back to the Dimensional Room, take up a blocking position near the exits. That should make it look like we are herding it there. If you want me to tell it anything else, let me know.”

She reaches out with her mind to R71 as the plan comes together. There will be a portal opening soon. Go through when it opens.

A smile comes to her face as a thought runs through her mind. Oh, that is devious, but I like it. She reaches out to R71. The one that imprisoned you here, has ensnared us as well. We seek to destroy him. Would you like to help when that day comes? Amber looks for a sign in the thoughts of the giant beast that it wants to enact revenge on The Creator. If it gives a sign that it wants in on the revenge, she will tell it. We will find you when the time comes. Until that day comes, be well and free. Otherwise, she tells it. Be well and free.

Initiative: 1d20+9 = 1d20+9: [9]+9 = 18
Non-Combat Action: Communicates with Eight
Action 1-6: Pursues R71 at a distance and communicates with GIRLS and R71

Parries with Psi-Sword 1d20+7 (6): 1d20+7: [15]+7 = 22 , 1d20+7: [18]+7 = 25 , 1d20+7: [4]+7 = 11 , 1d20+7: [11]+7 = 18 , 1d20+7: [11]+7 = 18 , 1d20+7: [3]+7 = 10
Amber Dach

Current Conditions
Conditions
P.P.E.: 23/33
I.S.P.: 76/150
H.P.: 33/33
S.D.C.: 87/87

Crystal Deflector Gauntlet: 11/15 melee round charges remaining


Image
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
Posts: 636
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Jezebel »

Perception: 77% / 1d100: [34] = 34
JIC: 1d20: [2] = 2 / 1d100: [54] = 54
Conditions: Critical strike on 18-20, K.O. on N20, Energy Resistance, NE-BA-26 & Stalker Suit worn, N-F50A active
Susan wrote:"Commander! Please fall back and maintain a perimeter in this corridor! I believe this is a sentient that has been enslaved and is being tortured for profit!"
No shit, genius. That was self-evident--it's a lab rat. A giant, horrific, resilient, and incredibly aggressive one, but a caged beast nonetheless. Before she says anything, Jez checks the GIRLS secure frequency for any sign that the signal network might be getting received in the clear or if there's an unauthorized recipient on the network. If so, she'll kick them with a thought--being merged to her suit aids her greatly in this effort. Once the channel proves clear, she'll respond. "Copy that, brains! Looks like Amber's given us an alternative--let's take advantage of it! It'd also be a damn shame if any security cams accidentally got wrecked."
Eight wrote:"Please do not stop. R71 will not hesitate to kill you. We either kill it here or force it back to the Dimensional Room. Well done. If we can corral it back to the portal, we can send it away and cut losses. Kjar can find an uninhabited planet to send it to in our database."
Thanks for broadening our options, toaster. You'll make a fine scapegoat. Jez smiles broadly as she hears this the yells out loud for everyone to hear. "You heard Eight, push it back to the D-room! Eight--get back to the controls! Us and the bots can handle it from here!" While putting on a good show of pummeling R71 & forcing its retreat, Jez is pulling all her punches. Damn thing's been hurt enough, and I can't say helping some monster to keep captive ANYTHING to be tortured sits right with me. This 'Creator' is gonna die at my own hands. He'll force that outcome, and in this instance, I don't think I'll lose a wink for having killed. She keeps her eyes open for security cameras and, if she can do so subtly, will see to it that such are "accidentally" destroyed. We might have to wreck some repo-bots if we're to cover our asses here. Better not to leave recorded evidence.

Initiative (+8 added): 1d20+8: [4]+8 = 12
Non-Combat Action: Check the security of their comm channel Radio: Basic 115%+20% / 1d100: [50] = 50
Action 1: Pull Punch to drive back R71: 1d20+9: [4]+9 = 13 , Damage: 1 M.D.
Action 2: Pull Punch to drive back R71: 1d20+9: [8]+9 = 17 , Damage: 1 M.D.
Action 3: Pull Punch to drive back R71: 1d20+9: [12]+9 = 21 , Damage: 1 M.D.
Action 4: Pull Punch to drive back R71: 1d20+9: [2]+9 = 11 , (Fail) Restrained Punch Damage: 1d6: [4] = 4 M.D.
Action 5: Pull Punch to drive back R71: 1d20+9: [7]+9 = 16 , Damage: 1 M.D.
Action 6: Pull Punch to drive back R71: 1d20+9: [10]+9 = 19 , Damage: 1 M.D.
Action 7: Pull Punch to drive back R71: 1d20+9: [6]+9 = 15 , Damage: 1 M.D.
Action 8: Pull Punch to drive back R71: 1d20+9: [5]+9 = 14 , Damage: 1 M.D.
Action 9: Pull Punch to drive back R71: 1d20+9: [5]+9 = 14 , Damage: 1 M.D.
Action 10: Pull Punch to drive back R71: 1d20+9: [15]+9 = 24 , Damage: 1 M.D.

Parries (+15 included): 1d20+15: [4]+15 = 19 , 1d20+15: [11]+15 = 26 , 1d20+15: [12]+15 = 27 , 1d20+15: [12]+15 = 27 , 1d20+15: [8]+15 = 23 , 1d20+15: [1]+15 = 16 , 1d20+15: [19]+15 = 34 , 1d20+15: [12]+15 = 27 , 1d20+15: [11]+15 = 26 , 1d20+15: [7]+15 = 22
Auto-Dodges (+9 included): 1d20+9: [17]+9 = 26 , 1d20+9: [15]+9 = 24 , 1d20+9: [6]+9 = 15 , 1d20+9: [14]+9 = 23 , 1d20+9: [13]+9 = 22 , 1d20+9: [12]+9 = 21 , 1d20+9: [18]+9 = 27 , 1d20+9: [4]+9 = 13 , 1d20+9: [16]+9 = 25 , 1d20+9: [19]+9 = 28
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 67
S.D.C.: 133/133
P.T.P.: 1600/1600
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)
Image
User avatar
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 225
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:23 pm

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Analoy »

Percep: 58%= 1d100: [44] = 44
JIC: 1d20: [3] = 3 1d100: [49] = 49
Actions: 6
Init: 1d20+1: [6]+1 = 7
Conditions
PPE: 247/162;
NG-L5: Shots 10/4
Knight in Full Armor - 210/155.25 min , 115/62 M.D.C.
Flaming Eye 35/34.75 min
10 short E-Clips
5 Long E-Clips
Skills Rolls
Prowl 65%: 1d100: [87] = 87
Detect Ambush 75%: 1d100: [84] = 84
Lore: Demons & Monsters 65%: 1d100: [89] = 89
Queen Bitch wrote:"Hit where Amber last stabbed the frakker!"
"It's too fast and the chance it'll hit an already open wound is to low to count. Just keep driving back to the portal"

Analoy runs along after R71, blasting out flames from her eyes from time to time to keep the creature moving and striking at it from time to time when it gets too close to her.

When they get back to the dimensional room, Analoy continues to use her fire blasts to direct the creature toward the forming rift. Concentrating mainly on blocking the opposite door out and back to the entrance, she runs across the control area and blocks the way out of the room.

1. Flame eye strike 1d20+2: [14]+2 = 16 Dmg 7d4: [1, 3, 4, 4, 3, 3, 4] = 22 SDC/MD
2. Paired Strike: 1d20: [14] = 14 (mace +2 / sword +3) Dmg: Mace: 4d12: [9, 7, 8, 5] = 29 SDC/MD / Vibro-Sword Dmg: 3d6: [5, 5, 4] = 14
3. Paired Strike: 1d20: [4] = 4 (mace +2 / sword +3) Dmg: Mace: 4d12: [12, 6, 1, 6] = 25 SDC/MD / Vibro-Sword Dmg: 3d6: [5, 4, 6] = 15
4. Flame eye strike 1d20+2: [4]+2 = 6 Dmg 7d4: [3, 4, 3, 1, 2, 4, 3] = 20 SDC/MD
5. Flame eye strike 1d20+2: [18]+2 = 20 Dmg 7d4: [4, 3, 1, 2, 1, 1, 3] = 15 SDC/MD
6. Flame eye strike 1d20+2: [4]+2 = 6 Dmg 7d4: [3, 3, 1, 1, 2, 3, 3] = 16 SDC/MD

If needed, Dodge/Parry: 1d20+8: [16]+8 = 24 , 1d20+8: [5]+8 = 13 , 1d20+8: [7]+8 = 15 , 1d20+8: [2]+8 = 10 , 1d20+8: [16]+8 = 24 , 1d20+8: [8]+8 = 16
(Parry an additional +2 w/ mace; +3 to parry w/ sword)
Analoy Landie
Current Details
P.P.E.: 227/227
M.D.C.: 196/196
Charm/Impress: 20%

Image
Image
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 241
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Susan Lee »

Perception: 1d100: [83] = 83 / 38%
JIC: 1d100: [61] = 61 / 1d20: [20] = 20

CONDITIONS: NF40A integrated into armor (81 MDC) Active; 2xNF20A on Northern Gun Drones (75 MDC) Active; See Invisible; Radar from Naruni Armor (always active along with suit)


Initiative: 1d20+3: [8]+3 = 11

Susan stabs her knife out in a show of menace, while maintaining casual body language towards R71. Her actual focus is on handling the drones, pretending to aim at R-71, while actually taking out any security sensors as possible.

Drone shoots camera/sensor: Strike - 1d20+3: [19]+3 = 22 / Damage - 6d6: [3, 2, 3, 3, 5, 3] = 19
Drone shoots camera/sensor: Strike - 1d20+3: [19]+3 = 22 / Damage - 6d6: [5, 5, 2, 1, 2, 2] = 17
Drone shoots camera/sensor: Strike - 1d20+3: [6]+3 = 9 / Damage - 6d6: [3, 4, 6, 3, 3, 4] = 23
Drone shoots camera/sensor: Strike - 1d20+3: [13]+3 = 16 / Damage - 6d6: [2, 1, 1, 2, 4, 4] = 14
Drone shoots camera/sensor: Strike - 1d20+3: [5]+3 = 8 / Damage - 6d6: [6, 1, 4, 5, 3, 3] = 22
Drone shoots camera/sensor: Strike - 1d20+3: [11]+3 = 14 / Damage - 6d6: [2, 1, 1, 2, 1, 6] = 13

Parries: 1d20+13: [4]+13 = 17 1d20+13: [20]+13 = 33 1d20+13: [11]+13 = 24 1d20+13: [9]+13 = 22 1d20+13: [8]+13 = 21 1d20+13: [7]+13 = 20
It's DNA, all the way down./Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
Image
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
Posts: 589
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Underguard »

Conditions wrote:Location: Naruni Facility ZAB-01SA, South America, Brasil
Time/Date: 01:55:00 PM; January 1st, 112PA
Environmental Conditions: 66°F (18.9°C); Cool, stale air.
Though R71 appeared to be receptive of Amber's plan, it is not receptive to her attempts at communication as the Mind Mage receives only red back. The team is able to communicate on their secured line without any observers detected regarding their plan and it seems to go relatively on path.

The Repo-Bots have taken up the pursuit, allowing the GIRLS to fall back but still follow to guide the monster back to the dimensional gateway. They all hear Kjar over their radios over their main frequency. "Please continue routing R71. Uninhabited planet; Dxun. Breathable Atmosphere. No minable resources. Out of major space-lanes. R71 will be able to exist and harm no one. When the portal is open, do not cross through it; it is one way." Kjar explains.

It doesn't take long to chase R71 through the facility and soon the team finds themselves at the Dimensional Room again. R71 bounds towards the other side of the room as the large central arms of the gate begin to spin. Everyone feels, or their sensors feel, an increase in wind as the portal materializes before their eyes. A portal the size of a building, stable and maintained by technology, is an awe-inspiring visual.

R71 doesn't take a seconds moment under the Repo-Bot fire and leaps into the portal; the Repo-Bots cease firing and as their weapons spool down, the only sound is the drowning hum of the portal. Eight walks near the portal and looks at it before turning and nodding to the group. The portal disengages behind them. "Well done. The facility appears secure again. The new contingent will arrive in minutes, we can speak to the Creator from the control room if you would like to brief him directly." Eight offers.

When the group arrives at the control room, Kjar summons a hologram projection of the Naruni sitting in his chair. His face obscured in the transmission though his hands are clasped against his chest. "Good news, I trust?" The Creator simply asks.








Jezebel: -31 from FF
Analoy: -34 M.D.C. from Knight in Full Armor
Susan: -29 M.D.C. from NF40A FF |
Amber: -60 I.S.P. | -23 MDC from Gauntlet
Millicent:


What are you doing?
AA Professional Services GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Exe (PW GA) || EP Ledger
ImageImage
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
Posts: 636
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Jezebel »

Perception: 77% / 1d100: [61] = 61
JIC: 1d20: [15] = 15 / 1d100: [85] = 85
Conditions: Critical strike on 18-20, K.O. on N20, Energy Resistance, NE-BA-26 & Stalker Suit worn, N-F50A active
Barter 70% / 1d100: [26] = 26 (Negotiating with Boss)
GM wrote:"Well done. The facility appears secure again. The new contingent will arrive in minutes, we can speak to the Creator from the control room if you would like to brief him directly." Eight offers. When the group arrives at the control room, Kjar summons a hologram projection of the Naruni sitting in his chair. His face obscured in the transmission though his hands are clasped against his chest. "Good news, I trust?" The Creator simply asks.
"Indeed. R71 was an incredible adversary, but we were able to secure the facility and restore it to some semblance of operational capacity." She shifts her stance to a parade rest after providing the simple answer to the simple question. "My team needs to rest and re-equip. We took a pounding in this mess, and one of mine apparently has relations in some nearby place she'd like to visit. She's certainly earned it. All of them have, really." Amber's telepathy is likely still active. Hey, Amber, if you're reading this, relay to Susan to study the SHIT outta that teleporter, okay? She says to the Creator, "You have any immediate need of us? If not, we'll take our recompense as such."
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 67
S.D.C.: 133/133
P.T.P.: 1600/1600
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)
Image
User avatar
Amber Dach
Posts: 115
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:50 am

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Amber Dach »

Perception: 42% = 1d100: [14] = 14 (+5% on Perception Rolls regarding vampires and the undead)
JiC: 1d20: [6] = 6 | 1d100: [71] = 71

Skills Rolls
Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy
o Identify Type/Race of Paranormal Creature: 80% = 1d100: [78] = 78
o Track by Psychic Scent: 70% = 1d100: [57] = 57 (82% if supernatural being is also using magic)
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 70% = 1d100: [77] = 77 (for Creator)
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 70% = 1d100: [43] = 43 (used when speaking with M’zel)
Charm/Impress: 55% = 1d100: [99] = 99 (used when speaking with M’zel)
Lore : Demons & Monsters 55% = 1d100: [78] = 78 (speaking with M'zel about anti-vampire weapons)
Intelligence 53% = 1d100: [59] = 59 (investigating the facility)
Computer Operation 60% = 1d100: [73] = 73 (poking around computers)
Constant/Active Conditions
Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense: Range 180’
Sense Supernatural Evil & Sense Magic Energy: Range 300’
Sense the Presence of Vampires and Vampire Intelligences: Range: 1000' radius
Recognize Vampires Recognize Vampires by Appearance (special): 50% = 1d100: [73] = 73 (+10% bonus to recognize Secondary Vampires, +30% bonus to recognize Wild Vampires. -30% skill penalty to recognize Master Vampires).
Sense Rifts and Ley Lines: Senses Ley Lines up to 5 miles away, a nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away.

Alter Aura to change her aura in the following ways:
• The general level of experience can be made to seem much higher (1d4+3 levels higher) than it really is.
• Conceal the I.S.P. levels to be show them to be minimal (like a minor psychic).
• Conceal the presence of magic.
Alter Aura will last for 8 hours. 1.5 hours remaining. Costs 2 I.S.P.
Telepathy will last for 20 minutes.

Amber breathes a sigh of relief as R71 enters the portal. I hope you live a long peaceful existence R71. She makes a mental note of the location that it has been sent. It may not want to help us out to end this Naruni’s little empire, but at least I can spread the work to the clan not to visit that planet and its strengths and weaknesses. She waits until the facility is confirmed to be completely secure before letting her Psi-Sword wink out of existence. "Everyone okay?"
Jezebel wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:39 am "Indeed. R71 was incredible adversary, but we were able to secure the facility and restore it to some semblance of operational capacity." She shifts her stance to a parade rest after providing the simple answer to the simple question. My team needs to rest and re-equip. "We took a pounding in this mess, and one of mine apparently has relations in some nearby place she'd like to visit. She's certainly earned it. All of them have, really." Amber's telepathy is likely still active. Hey, Amber, if you're reading this, relay to Susan to study the SHIT outta that teleporter, okay? She says to the Creator, "You have any immediate need of us? If not, we'll take our recompense as such."
She keeps her helmet in place as The Creator’s hologram appears in the control room. She follows Jez's lead as The Creator asks for a sit-rep and moves off to the side of the room. She leans up against a console where she can keep an eye on everyone in the room. As she listens in on Jez’s conversation with the Naruni, she gives a hidden smile behind her faceplate when she mentions visiting Manoa again. It would be so nice to be back with my kin if only for a little while. As her attention is focused on Jez, she inadvertently picks up her surface thoughts with her telepathy and is surprised to pick up Jez’s focused thoughts with instructions to pass on to Susan. I want all the info I can get on this place too. She very lightly replies. “Wilco, Jez.”

She turns her head subtly to look at Susan. She reaches out with her telepathy to Susan’s mind. “Forgive me, Susan, and don’t be alarmed. Jez wants you to learn as much as you can about that teleporter before we leave.” I really hate intruding in the thoughts of people I know. She adds another mental note to her list to make sure she apologizes to both Jez and Susan for intruding on their thoughts.

She doesn’t really have anything to say to the Creator that Jez hasn’t already said, so once she has passed on the message, she will wait. She only has one thought to add. "We should wait here until morning to travel back to Manoa. It took us what, 5 or 6 hours to get here today. It would be dark by the time before we got back to the city and I don't really want to travel in the jungle at night. Plus, I could use some rest to restore my reserves."

Once they are dismissed or given their marching orders by The Creator, she will seek out the Naruni scientist, M’zel, that survived the attack and engage him in conversation about his research into weapons to fight vampires. She will greet M’zel with a welcoming smile. “M’zel. I am so happy that you survived. I don’t want to get you into any trouble but I would be delighted to hear about your research. My people are always looking for an edge in destroying these monsters.” She will talk with M'zel as long as he will converse with her.

Otherwise, she will start poking about and trying to learn all she can about the facility. She will try accessing different computers and will try to stay out of the way observing. Once she gets bored she will sit down and meditate.
Amber Dach

Current Conditions
Conditions
P.P.E.: 23/33
I.S.P.: 76/150
H.P.: 33/33
S.D.C.: 87/87

Crystal Deflector Gauntlet: 11/15 melee round charges remaining


Image
User avatar
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 225
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:23 pm

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Analoy »

Percep: 61%= 1d100: [81] = 81
JIC: 1d20: [6] = 6 1d100: [51] = 51
Conditions
PPE: 257/172;
NG-L5: Shots 10/4
Knight in Full Armor - 210/148.75 min , 115/62 M.D.C.
Flaming Eye 35/28.25 min
10 short E-Clips
5 Long E-Clips
Analoy stands back, satisfied with what they have accomplished, and lets her mind wander as Jez talks with the Creator, Not a bad first go with not having to touch my tattoos. I think I could really freak some people out. I wonder if I could convince someone I was a Cyber Knight. Hum, magic armor, sword from thin air. At the very least the street mooks won't know what hit them if they tried something. Hey, maybe I can get a soup kitchen food truck going when we get back or just cook up everything at base and get one of the others to help me bring it into town where I can pass it out to the homeless kids. Stew and bread or lasagna. Something that transports easy and makes in bulk. Buy some coats and pass those out too as we're getting to the cold part of the year.

Analoy's eyes focus back in as Jez says 'recompense as such' and she glances over at the others to see if they have anything else to say. After a moment she adds, "Or will you be shipping us back home to track down that Uteni fellow?"
Analoy Landie
Current Details
P.P.E.: 227/227
M.D.C.: 196/196
Charm/Impress: 20%

Image
Image
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 241
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Susan Lee »

Perception: 1d100: [10] = 10 / 38%
JIC: 1d20: [17] = 17 / 1d100: [93] = 93

CONDITIONS: NF40A integrated into armor (81 MDC) Active; 2xNF20A on Northern Gun Drones (75 MDC) Active; See Invisible; Radar from Naruni Armor (always active along with suit)

As R71 goes through the portal, Susan thinks, Live well, you beautiful monstrosity!

When they walk to the command center, she carefully collects samples of R71 for later study.

In response to Amber's contact, Susan thinks "I... don't have expertise in this type of technology. I study cybernetics and genetics. I will... I'll try my best, but I sincerely doubt I can find anything out."

In desperation, she turns to the base's AI and says, "Uh, can you please explain the functioning of this amazing teleporter we sent R71 through? Please feel free to be detailed." And turns on her armor's recorder.

Artificial Intelligence (to trick the AI) - 1d100: [91] = 91 / 41%
It's DNA, all the way down./Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
Image
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
Posts: 589
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Underguard »

Conditions wrote:Location: Naruni Facility ZAB-01SA, South America, Brasil
Time/Date: 02:40:00 PM; January 1st, 112PA
Environmental Conditions: 75°F (23°C); Warm, tropical climate.
The Creator listens to the GIRLS explanation intently, though he waves a alien palm at the mention of waiting in the facility. "That will be unnecessary, you have performed well. I am pleased the facility was saved and have no need of you on this continent any longer. Using the teleporter, we can send you to the outskirts of Manoa with ease; you will be back in the city within the hour where you can take a much needed break. My former associate is still at large, yes, and still somewhere near Merctown. That is the next task when you return. First, the second contingent is arriving now and will re-establish security within the facility." The Naruni begins, putting an immediate crimp in the idea of staying longer and poking around; however, during this conversation, a couple of the GIRLS are able to scoot away.

First, there is Amber who, after her initial comment, goes about poking around off to the side. Unfortunately, the computers are far too alien to her, as is the facility itself. It isn't made of any sort of material you'd normally find manufactured on Earth, but beyond that, the psychic can't tell much about the computers or what else happens here. Meanwhile, Susan, completely uninterested in the Creator, saves some samples of R71's blood from the hallway on her way back to the control room before engaging in conversation with the AI, Kjar, who nods with a smile, as if pleased to be asked. "Yes; this is a Model NE-MDT-03X, interdimensional transporter. To put it simply, it scientifically works similarly to the dimensional magic employed by temporal raiders or summoning mages. One of the Creator's projects, it still uses far too much power and has a long recharge that must be addressed in future prototypes before it is taken out of the private sector." Kjar explains, the hologram projecting the image of the teleporter activating. "Unfortunately, as it is still an ongoing project, I cannot reveal more. If you request clearance from the Creator to be apart of his research team, I can grant you access to all project files." Kjar suggests, the AI seemingly oblivious to her blatant attempts to get information.

There is suddenly a loud snap that prompts the team to look at Eight, who was standing off to the side of the hologram of the Creator. In the android's hand is a secured universal credit chit that Eight then hands to Jez. "The promised pay; eight million. Use it wisely. Now, the teleporter will take a few more minutes to spool, so please be patient. Kjar, please help them to Manoa as soon as the teleporter is ready." The Creator states.

"Of course, master." Kjar responds with a simple bow and Kjar's hologram vanishes.

"If that is all, I'll be in touch when you return to Merctown." The Creator finishes and his transmission ends. Eight turns to the rest of the group.

"If you would please, follow me. We can wait in the Gate Room." Eight states and motions towards the door.

The group follows Eight out of the room and is surprised to see a pair of Repo-Bots at the first junction, however these are not the Repo-bots of Merctown. What was lost amid the chaos of the battle or the lack of detail from the camera was that these Repo-Bots are both larger and augmented with heavier armaments than the ones they have seen in Merctown. Also, this contingent secured every junction, as they pass multiple Repo-Bots standing as stoically as golems.

Inside the Gate Room are another four along with what appears to be a science team of Uteni. They steer clear of the GIRLS, even going so far as to avoid them if they are approached, and continue with their work. They appear to be cataloguing damages to the facility. Amber tries to peel away to go chat with M'zel before the portal is opened, but finds that junction blocked by four Repo-Bots with one stepping towards Amber and holding up its hand. "For your safety, come no further. This wing is still being secured." It states in a metallic voice before walking her back and letting the door shut in front of her. She definitely still senses the vampire presence down the wing but her thoughts are cut short by the portal activating behind her.

A gust of wind rushes through the room and flows long the circular wall, blowing through any free hair as the arms begin to rotate and sparks of blue electricity dance off the arms. The arms begin to rotate slowly in a circle as the sparks of electricity cross to the opposite arms, causing several streams of energy to cross in the center of the gate. The wind picks up as the arms spin faster until they are nothing but a blur and then suddenly, they stop and the wind dies but the hum of the electricity gets louder and louder as a vortex opens in the center of the gate. The arms appear locked in position and streaming electricity into the portal as the hum stabilizes as Eight approaches.

"We may now depart. This will put us just beyond the treeline near Manoa as to not alarm the inhabitants. For those who have never traveled through a portal before, it is best to exhale before entering. Often one's first instinct is to inhale, regardless of environmental suit status. Please, follow me." Eight explains before leading them towards the ramp. He will stop before the portal and open his hand. "When you are ready." Eight finishes.

Eight will have the group step through first and then follow. When the group goes through the portal, their vision blurs in a hue of blue then green the black and a wash that wraps around them. The flush of colors then absence almost gives a couple of them a headache but then they blink and are suddenly surrounded by trees, the sounds of a nearby river and wildlife plainly audible. The large stone walls of Manoa visible from beyond the treeline.

What are you doing?
AA Professional Services GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Exe (PW GA) || EP Ledger
ImageImage
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
User avatar
Amber Dach
Posts: 115
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:50 am

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Amber Dach »

Perception: 42% = 1d100: [98] = 98 (+5% on Perception Rolls regarding vampires and the undead)
JiC: 1d20: [4] = 4 | 1d100: [68] = 68

Skills Rolls
Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy
o Identify Type/Race of Paranormal Creature: 80% = 1d100: [81] = 81
o Track by Psychic Scent: 70% = 1d100: [77] = 77 (82% if supernatural being is also using magic)
Lore: Dimensions 50% = 1d100: [61] = 61 (to figure out how the rift machine works)
Intelligence 53% = 1d100: [39] = 39 (assessing the capabilities of the up-armoured Repo-Bots)
Charm/Impress: 55% = 1d100: [66] = 66 (speaking with Manoan guards)
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 70% = 1d100: [30] = 30 (speaking with Manoan guards)
Undercover Ops: 35% = 1d100: [55] = 55 (trying to arrange clandestine meeting)
Constant/Active Conditions
Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense: Range 180’
Sense Supernatural Evil & Sense Magic Energy: Range 300’
Sense the Presence of Vampires and Vampire Intelligences: Range: 1000' radius
Recognize Vampires Recognize Vampires by Appearance (special): 50% = 1d100: [10] = 10 (+10% bonus to recognize Secondary Vampires, +30% bonus to recognize Wild Vampires. -30% skill penalty to recognize Master Vampires).
Sense Rifts and Ley Lines: Senses Ley Lines up to 5 miles away, a nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away.

Alter Aura to change her aura in the following ways:
• The general level of experience can be made to seem much higher (1d4+3 levels higher) than it really is.
• Conceal the I.S.P. levels to be show them to be minimal (like a minor psychic).
• Conceal the presence of magic.
Alter Aura will last for 8 hours. 8 hours remaining. Costs 2 I.S.P.
Amber is disappointed not to be able to speak with M'zel before they are unceremoniously kicked out of the facility. How rude! Showing us the proverbial door the minute we regain control of the facility. It would have been nice to learn of his results from his experiments, as dangerous as they are. Her mood instantly brightens as she thinks. On the plus side, no trekking through the jungle and Manoa awaits us on the other side!

As the portal activates, she studies the apparatus and tries to figure out how it operates. I didn’t know that this was possible. I have to give this information to the Manoans being as it is on their doorstep.

She senses the rift stabilize and gives reassurance to the less experienced travellers in the group. “Don’t worry. It is safe. Follow Eight’s advice and try to breathe normal and enjoy the trip.” Being an experienced dimensional traveller, Amber is unfazed but awed as always as she steps through the rift.

As she emerges in the treeline beyond the outskirts of Manoa, she does a scan of the area to ensure that they haven’t raised any alarms with the Manoan’s. Once she is satisfied that everyone has safely emerged from the gate, she climbs aboard the Mountaineer for the ride back to the city.

As they rumble toward their accommodations near the airport gate, she concentrates briefly and renews her Alter Aura (2 I.S.P.) before they reach the gates. She also makes a decision. I can’t keep that facility a secret from Manoa. I’ll let Jez in on the decision as soon as I can. By the Gods, I hope this doesn’t backfire on me, but these are my people and I certainly have no loyalty to ‘The Creator’.

She smiles as she sees the Walls of Manoa once again and feels better about her decision immediately. Gods. It is good to be around my people again! She checks that her weapons are all safe and secure anticipating their arrival and the security team that is sure to come as they approach the city.

She hopes that the Manoan Officer they met on the way in is still on duty, but once a security team approaches, she will greet them warmly. After they finish with any inspection or questioning, she will walk off to the side with the Officer and makes small talk about where to go in the city to eat and shop. She will wait until an aircraft either takes off or lands and then moves in closer to speak directly into the officer’s ear so that only she can hear her. I really hope the noise keeps this conversation from Eight.

Here we go. She evokes a feeling of concern as she leans in close to speak. “Αδερφή, συμπεριφέρσου σαν να μιλάμε. Έχω σημαντικές πληροφορίες για την αναστάτωση στα νοτιοδυτικά. Δεν μπορώ να μιλήσω για αυτό μπροστά στους συναδέλφους μου. Ένα από αυτά δεν είναι αξιόπιστο.”* She gives the officer Eight’s general description and continues. “Θέλω να επισκεφτώ μια από τις πυραμίδες αύριο, μπορείτε να κανονίσετε μια συνάντηση με έναν ανώτερο όσο είμαι εκεί για να αποφύγω τις υποψίες;”**

She mentally crosses her fingers in the hope that the Officer takes things in stride and doesn’t give away their conversation or escalate things.

Once an arrangement is made, she will head into their accommodations and begin to strip off her gear and will begin to clean everything before hoping into the shower herself.

She pulls Jez aside after they all are cleaned up and will use the same technique she used with the Security Officer to conceal her conversation with her. “So, I hope you aren’t pissed, Jez. But I requested a meeting with the Officer’s superior to tell them about the Facility. These are my kin and I couldn’t in good conscience leave them in the dark about that place and the technology that is present so close to them.”

Translations from Greek
* “Sister, act like we're talking. I have important information about the disturbance in the southwest. I can not talk about it in front of my colleagues. One of them is not to be trusted.”

** “I want to visit one of the pyramids tomorrow, can you arrange a meeting with a superior while I am there to avoid suspicion?”
Amber Dach

Current Conditions
Conditions
P.P.E.: 23/33
I.S.P.: 76/150
H.P.: 33/33
S.D.C.: 87/87

Crystal Deflector Gauntlet: 11/15 melee round charges remaining


Image
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
Posts: 636
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Jezebel »

Perception: 77% / 1d100: [100] = 100
JIC: 1d20: [5] = 5 / 1d100: [28] = 28
Conditions: Critical strike on 18-20, K.O. on N20, Energy Resistance, NE-BA-26 & Stalker Suit worn, N-F50A inactive

Upon approaching the city in the jungle, Jez follows Amber's lead and makes sure her movements are deliberate, cautious, and non-threatening despite her unconcealed arsenal. "Girls, I've no experience with these people, nor what to expect, so for the context of this city, please defer to Amber who actually has a grasp on local customs and the like." She lets Amber lead in any contact with local authorities. She'll acknowledge that she's the leader of their little cohort if pointed at, but will defer to Amber's judgement given Jez's own ignorance of the locals. Here, at the very least, Amber was the expert with local knowledge. Her mind wanders and she recalls her instructor in basic training so many years ago. Listen up, nuggets! Competence is the root of all legitimate authority. When I tell you that you've frakked up and instruct you how to do it correctly, it's because I know better from experience! I will beat your youthful arrogance into a mold that's useful for the Arismal Defense Force! It does not serve you or our world to think yourselves experts from a place of incompetence. We will make you competent! Through routine, discipline, instruction, and repetition, you will acquire the basic skills to be minimally competent! Later in your careers you may achieve greater accomplishments, but at basic training our lofty goal is to make sure each of you is minimally competent enough to not be a danger to yourselves or your shipmates!
Amber wrote:She pulls Jez aside after they all are cleaned up and will use the same technique she used with the Security Officer to conceal her conversation with her. “So, I hope you aren’t pissed, Jez. But I requested a meeting with the Officer’s superior to tell them about the Facility. These are my kin and I couldn’t in good conscience leave them in the dark about that place and the technology that is present so close to them.”
Jez lays a hand on Amber's shoulder when they're in private having this little exchange. "It was the right thing to do. So long as the 'right' thing isn't also the 'stupid' or 'reckless' thing, you need never worry about such crossing me."
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 67
S.D.C.: 133/133
P.T.P.: 1600/1600
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)
Image
User avatar
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 225
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:23 pm

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Analoy »

Percep: 61%= 1d100: [25] = 25
JIC: 1d20: [4] = 4 1d100: [46] = 46
Conditions
PPE: 257/172;
NG-L5: Shots 10/4
Knight in Full Armor - 210/143.75 min , 115/62 M.D.C.
10 short E-Clips
5 Long E-Clips

Analoy feels the thermo-vision and heat beams slip away as the tattoo, hidden under her armor, reappears on her skin. Though just for the sake of frugality and the fact that the PPE is already spent, she lets the magic armor tattoo continue as they wait for the techno-rift to open for them. As the other attempt to glean more information from the facility, Analoy, with her complete lack of knowledge about domestic computer let alone alien ones, simply ponders what the Creator's reasoning is for all of this. R-71 was an easy fix once we discovered it was just a caged animal wanting to be free. But given the Creator's recruiting method of us, its possible the same could be said about us. I find it a little odd that he doesn't want us back in Merctown right away. And I'm wondering if he'll release us from his service once we do find his rogue Uteni. He seems like the type that gets his hooks in for life though. Maybe I could fake my death if it gets to that point? These slightly less than ideal thoughts trail off as the portal opens and Analoy takes a step forward, exhaling as she moves toward and into the techno-rift.

Analoy trails behind Jez, with all her weapons holstered and slung, though that doesn't mean much when she can activate a tattoo with a thought. The sight of the city and its Atlantean design are actually a comfort to her. As they near the city a thought comes to her and she leans in to the small group, "I may be able to contact my mentor from here. After all, these are his people. One tribe of them at least."

Analoy follows the lead of Jez and Amber, nodding when Jez concedes the lead of the group to Amber for the time being.
Analoy Landie
Current Details
P.P.E.: 227/227
M.D.C.: 196/196
Charm/Impress: 20%

Image
Image
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 241
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Susan Lee »

Perception: 1d100: [87] = 87 / 38%
JiC: 1d20: [13] = 13 / 1d100: [66] = 66

Susan mentally flips off her forcefield and the forcefields on her two drones, also setting them to passive mode. She double-checks the R71 samples to ensure they're secure.

I wonder how long we can continue to subvert our employer's orders before it decides to send us to a similar facility...

When they arrive outside of Manoa, she assumes they are going to return to their aircraft, an is surprised when Jez hands over leadership to Amber.

"Yes, these people should likely know about what's going on in their backyard."

Another step towards outright rebellion? We need more effective, and powerful, allies.

She follows Amber's lead after that, keeping an eye open for promising genetic samples or other items of interest.
It's DNA, all the way down./Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
Image
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
Posts: 589
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Underguard »

Conditions wrote:Location: Naruni Facility ZAB-01SA, South America, Brasil
Time/Date: 03:30:00 PM; January 1st, 112PA
Environmental Conditions: 75°F (23°C); Warm, tropical climate.
Once inside the walls of Manoa, the group finds themselves with a little bit of free time before their plane is schedule to return them to Merctown. This gives the GIRLS a couple of days to peruse the wonders of the lantean city of Manoa; from exotic technology to magics, there are things for anyone to potentially find.

Amber peels towards the first Manoan Security Officer she finds, though it is regrettably not the same one she met before, her greeting is met in turn. Getting back into the walls was relatively easy and they let the GIRLS in with only a cursory check up, though Amber pulls the officer to the side during the check.

"Καταλαβαίνω, αδερφή. Μπορώ να οργανώσω μια συνάντηση με τον αρχηγό της δύναμης ασφαλείας στην πυραμίδα. Να είσαι εκεί το μεσημέρι." The officer answers with a soft nod as she places her hand on Amber's shoulder and notions her along.

The group then heads back to the hangar while discussing to get out of their battered gear and into more pleasant clothing. Though, while they are making their way to the hangar, they see a woman seemingly arguing with Manoan Security on the tarmac. She is standing outside her vehicle and seems to be staring at a large plane with closed bay doors. Jezebel specifically is able to hear much of the conversation as they approach.

Sel, while going on a search for her own purpose, finds herself in Manoa without a way back to the northern continent and Merctown. The last plane having left for the next day or so, and with little to barter for passage, the Manoans haven't authorized you to board with your Crawler.

"I'm sorry, ma'am, but unfortunately no commercial flights can accommodate your vehicle that are leaving towards Merctown. I recommend checking the private sector, such as that returning mercenary company." The flight deck officer states, causing Sel to look behind her and spot GIRLS as they near their hangar.

Jezebel was able to hear the mention of the returning mercenary company due to her exceptional hearing, with Analoy quickly spotting the elven woman who definitely has a freelancer feel to her. The deck officer leaves Sel on the tarmac after gesturing her to move her vehicle off the tarmac and back into the vehicle lot or a hangar.

This is free. If you want to post exploring Manoa, consider it a safe zone and do so. I'll post replies quickly to individuals based on what you are doing. If no one wants to explore Manoa, that's fine, just express such in your PC post (ie, sleeps or chills in the hangar until the flight). You can pad your post rates here, but I still want quality.
AA Professional Services GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Exe (PW GA) || EP Ledger
ImageImage
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
Posts: 636
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Jezebel »

Perception: 77% / 1d100: [71] = 71
JIC: 1d20: [8] = 8 / 1d100: [6] = 6
Conditions: Critical strike on 18-20, K.O. on N20, Energy Resistance, NE-BA-26 & Stalker Suit worn, N-F50A active
Availability skills (post for each item)
Barter 70% / 1d100: [28] = 28
Find Contraband and Illegal Weapons 81% / 1d100: [44] = 44
Invoke Trust: 88% / 1d100: [27] = 27
Lore: Demons & Monsters 75% / 1d100: [19] = 19
Jez sets aside 20% of their 8 million credit payment which leaves 6,400,000 credits to be divvied up between the four members. Jez's tongue sticks out as she does the math prior to segmenting the credit cards. 1,600,000 credits each is quite a pay day. GM NOTE: I've not touched anything on the forums regarding the bookkeeping. I'd better watch Susan to make sure she doesn't overdose in a spree of excess. She divvies out the cards and offers a suggestion. "You've each earned this, and this is a locale you may never again visit, so if you find something you absolutely must have, then fortune is smiling on you. I've heard tell of some sore of 'stun gun' that shorts out the target's nervous system and uses 'magic' to do so, but aside from getting my hands on one of those, I've no interest in anything here save for some a long shower and a good sleep. So if you need some help tracking down something, feel free to include me in your plans. I've some market-facing skills which might facilitate the finding & acquisition of what you want."
GM wrote:Jezebel was able to hear the mention of the returning mercenary company due to her exceptional hearing, with Analoy quickly spotting the elven woman who definitely has a freelancer feel to her. The deck officer leaves Sel on the tarmac after gesturing her to move her vehicle off the tarmac and back into the vehicle lot or a hangar.
Jez whistles loudly across the tarmac to get the woman's attention, then waves her over to meet up with the GIRLS.

Jez is only interested in acquiring a Manoan SK Stun Gun and a sack of E-cells (WB06, p.91), but is otherwise happy to help the other GIRLS find what they're after.
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 67
S.D.C.: 133/133
P.T.P.: 1600/1600
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)
Image
User avatar
Amber Dach
Posts: 115
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:50 am

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Amber Dach »

Perception: 42% = 1d100: [2] = 2 (+5% on Perception Rolls regarding vampires and the undead)
JiC: 1d20: [17] = 17 | 1d100: [27] = 27

Skills Rolls
Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy
o Identify Type/Race of Paranormal Creature: 80% = 1d100: [53] = 53
o Track by Psychic Scent: 70% = 1d100: [32] = 32 (82% if supernatural being is also using magic)
Intelligence 53% = 1d100: [50] = 50 (looking for rumours about what is happening in the city)
Charm/Impress: 55% = 1d100: [76] = 76 (speaking with locals)
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 70% = 1d100: [46] = 46 (speaking with locals)
Language: Other: Spanish 92% = 1d100: [62] = 62 (to speak with the locals)
Streetwise 51% = 1d100: [38] = 38 (to get the lay of the land in the area)
Lore: Psychics & Psionics 50% = 1d100: [98] = 98 (to find a dealer in Psionic powered items)
Lore: Magic (general knowledge): 45% = 1d100: [34] = 34 (to find an Atlantean TW to do some work for her)
Constant/Active Conditions
Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense: Range 180’
Sense Supernatural Evil & Sense Magic Energy: Range 300’
Sense the Presence of Vampires and Vampire Intelligences: Range: 1000' radius
Recognize Vampires Recognize Vampires by Appearance (special): 50% = 1d100: [88] = 88 (+10% bonus to recognize Secondary Vampires, +30% bonus to recognize Wild Vampires. -30% skill penalty to recognize Master Vampires).
Sense Rifts and Ley Lines: Senses Ley Lines up to 5 miles away, a nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away.

Alter Aura to change her aura in the following ways:
• The general level of experience can be made to seem much higher (1d4+3 levels higher) than it really is.
• Conceal the I.S.P. levels to be show them to be minimal (like a minor psychic).
• Conceal the presence of magic.
Alter Aura will last for 8 hours. 8 hours remaining. Costs 2 I.S.P.
Underguard wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 1:14 pm Amber peels towards the first Manoan Security Officer she finds, though it is regrettably not the same one she met before, her greeting is met in turn. Getting back into the walls was relatively easy and they let the GIRLS in with only a cursory check up, though Amber pulls the officer to the side during the check.
"Καταλαβαίνω, αδερφή. Μπορώ να οργανώσω μια συνάντηση με τον αρχηγό της δύναμης ασφαλείας στην πυραμίδα. Να είσαι εκεί το μεσημέρι." The officer answers with a soft nod as she places her hand on Amber's shoulder and notions her along.
Amber smiles warmly as she replies, “Ευχαριστώ αδερφή. Θα είμαι εκεί το μεσημέρι.”
Translation
"Thank-you sister. I will be there at noon."
She doesn’t pay much attention to the elf that is out on the tarmac and heads back into the hanger and proceeds to strip out of her gear and then cleans it inside and out. Still good as new, she thinks. Only scuffed up the paint a bit when R71 battered me into the walls. I do need some upgrades while I am here though. She thinks back to what she needs to supplement her abilities. At the very least I need an upgraded optic system. A few TW add-ons? Maybe some Hopefully I’ll be able to find a good Atlantean Techno-Wizard to do some special upgrades for me while we are here. Maybe they have some psionic items available.
Jezebel wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:27 pm Jez sets aside 20% of their 8 million credit payment which leaves 6,400,000 credits to be divvied up between the four members. Jez's tongue sticks out as she does the math prior to segmenting the credit cards. 1,600,000 credits each is quite a pay day. I'd better watch Susan to make sure she doesn't overdose in a spree of excess. She divvies out the cards and offers a suggestion. "You've each earned this, and this is a locale you may never again visit, so if you find something you absolutely must have, then fortune is smiling on you. I've heard tell of some sore of 'stun gun' that shorts out the target's nervous system and uses 'magic' to do so, but aside from getting my hands on one of those, I've no interest in anything here save for some a long shower and a good sleep. So if you need some help tracking down something, feel free to include me in your plans. I've some market-facing skills which might facilitate the finding & acquisition of what you want."
Despite being a madman, ‘The Creator’ does pay well, she thinks to herself as she receives her credits from Jez. “Thanks for the creds, Jez.” She brightens at the offer of assistance to do some shopping. “I’ll take you up on your offer. I have a few things I’m after here that I probably won’t be able to find anywhere else."

She mentally goes through her priority list and as counts her list off on her fingers as she speaks. “Firstly and most importantly, I am looking for an experienced Atlantean Techno-Wizard to do some very customized work for me.

She counts off another finger. "Secondly, I’m also looking for an optics upgrade for my helmet. It might be easier just to get a new helmet and make it work with my body armour. I know Triax has some good optics packages in their helmets, but I don’t know how available their stuff will be here. Maybe that could wait until we get back to MercTown. ”

She pauses briefly before continuing. “The last one may be a bit of a long shot; I’m hoping they might have some items that are custom built for psychics. Either items that will make my psychic abilities more efficient or can even store psychic energy. Maybe some psionically weapons as well.” She shrugs and gestures to the sky, “I know there is stuff out there and hopefully, there may be something available here.”

She smiles warmly as she thanks Jez. “As thanks, I’ll buy dinner for everyone." She starts rummaging through her bags and finds some clean clothes. "I’m going to shower and then to head into the city in a couple hours. I need to recharge my energy a bit first.”

She pops into refreshing shower and then dresses in a light, comfortable dress. She gets comfortable and meditates for a couple of hours to recharge her depleted stores of psychic and magical energy. She tries to tap into the Ley Lines in the area (if possible) to recharge her gauntlet to full capacity.

Once in further into the city she will ask around and try to find a nice, casual restaurant that has mostly local clientele. She is specifically looking for an establishment that has Atlanteans are present, so she can ask for their advice on where to shop or visit in the city. She will enjoy herself being around her own people. Flirt a little bit. If there is any entertainment, she will partake as well and will just generally enjoy herself as much as possible while finding out the information she needs.

(OOC - She is specifically looking for an experienced Atlantean TechnoWizard to do some custom work for her. A shop that sells tech - looking for a modern Triax helmet. And a shop that would possibly have any psionically powered items.)
Amber Dach

Current Conditions
Conditions
P.P.E.: 23/33
I.S.P.: 76/150
H.P.: 33/33
S.D.C.: 87/87

Crystal Deflector Gauntlet: 11/15 melee round charges remaining


Image
User avatar
Selenidaria
Posts: 301
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:35 pm
Location: Google Hangouts: dragonfett2

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Selenidaria »

Perception: 1d100: [76] = 76 /34% (+3%) (49% (+3%) vs. Machines, Magic, or their combination)
Just In Case: 1d20: [2] = 2 / 1d100: [96] = 96
Constant Effects: Mind Block Auto-Defense
Current Effects, Other:

With a half shout of a grunt of frustration at the words being told to her, she closes her eyes and says a quick prayer to Isis.

Oh Great Goddess, O Thou of Countless Names, please send me some means of getting myself and my workshop back to MercTown, or otherwise provide me guidance on where to go from here. Blessed be!

Sel was thinking about saying that at this point, she'll take just about any transport back to North America north of the Rio Grande, but she isn't sure that would wind up changing her situation any, so she turns to look at the group approaching and one of the women catches her eyes, the one handing out credit sticks to the other three, knowing that she looks familiar, but unable to place where she had seen the woman before. She approaches the group of women slowly as a thought begins to dawn on her, Could the Great Goddess already have answered my prayers?

"Pardon me but the flight deck officer over there said that you guys were a private mercenary group. Is there any chance that you are based out of North America? If you are, is there any chance your transport would be large enough to accommodate my vehicle over there? I was out travelling the eastern seaboard of North America trying to find myself and where my goddess wanted me to go and I had camped one night about 100 miles north of Char, only to wake up finding my self here in South America. I haven't much in the way of money, and precious little in gems, well at least in my opinion, but I am a trained Techno-Wizard and can make gear for you, even make it so that you don't even need to power it yourself so you don't have to worry about a lack of mystical abilities to operate them! Even if you don't need or want that, I would be willing to work to pay my way. Actually, this might sound crazy, but if you are from North America, especially MercTown, then I think that my goddess sent me here to join you for some reason only known to her." Sel says to the purple haired women she believes to be the group leader, desperation starting to creep into her voice.

When the taller woman, who has surprisingly enough is ever so slightly taller than Sel, mentions what all she needs, Sel pipes up as helpfully and cheerfully as she can "As I had just mentioned, I am a Techno-Wizard, and while I am not an Atlantean, I really can't think of any reason I couldn't build you what you wanted, provided I know the proper spells. And as a Techno-Wizard, I can also handle working on mundane electronics, including optics systems. I'd be willing to work for free as long as I had the parts needed to complete the job. And if you would like to see an example of my work, let me introduce you to this little guy right here." Sel goes to get her TW Mapping Drone Quadcopter out of Staci. "This is a TW Mapping Drone, which can survey the area with cameras as well as magically, recording where ley lines are, heavy magical activity, and dimensional disturbances. Unfortunately, I haven't had the opportunity to test him out. Oh my god, I just realized I haven't even named him or her yet! I think I will name you Carter!"
Selenidaria
OOC Comments
HP: 30/30
SDC: 30/30
PPE: 155/155
ISP: 37/37

Constant Effects: Mind Block Auto-Defense

MR-10 Magefire Bolt Rifle 18/18 shots

Blue Boy Power Armor
Model Type: NG-X44
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
Thumper Shoulder Assault Rifle (attached to armor) – 50
* Forearm Volt Disruptor (1, left forearm) – 10
* Leg Maneuvering Jets (2, small) – 12 each
* Vibro-Blades (2) – 15 each
** Main Body – 165
Image
Image
User avatar
Jezebel
Group Leader
Posts: 636
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 am
Location: lloyd.ritchey at gmail

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Jezebel »

(rolls held over)
Selenidaria wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:01 pm"Pardon me but the flight deck officer over there said that you guys were a private mercenary group. Is there any chance that you are based out of North America? If you are...
Jezebel, usually one who is sparing in her own speech, lets the torrent of verbosity wash over her. It's a gentle breeze and I am the cutting blade of the aerodyne wing. It cannot impede me, but only help me. I will slice through it, pass over it, and leave it behind me. When it is past, I will see its path. Where it has passed there will be nothing. Only I will remain. She responds coolly and professionally. "We are a merc unit out of Merctown. You can pay for your passage with work. If you wish further employment, we've an opening as our last Techno-Wizard was lost in the jungle here. In the meantime, your dinner is on Amber here, who'll be treating the lot of us to a feast to make your goddess blush."
Invoke Trust: 88% / 1d100: [58] = 58
Jez points to Sel's ears, "But two things first, well three really. One: what's your name? I'm not gonna just shout 'hey you' when I need you to do something. Two: you an Aluta? Those ears are suggestive of such. Three: you gonna have a problem hiding those if the sitch demands it? I'm not jeopardizing my team for someone's moral or social grandstanding." Assuming Sel's responses aren't non-starters, Jez finishes, "I'm gonna follow Amber's lead and clean-up a bit before a night out on her credit card. I'd suggest you follow suit."
com⋅pli⋅cat⋅ed [kom-pli-key-tid] –adjective: 1. composed of elaborately interconnected parts; complex. 2. difficult to analyze, understand. Synonyms: involved, tangled, Jezebel
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Conditions
Note: Critical strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19 or 20.
-10% Penalty when using skills to operate in unfamiliar, high-tech Rifts science & engineering fields.
H.P.: 67
S.D.C.: 133/133
P.T.P.: 1600/1600
• Charm/Impress: 60%
• Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 88%
• Nightvision: 600'
• Resistant to Energy Damage
• Sensitive Hearing (20 decibels beyond normal human range)
• Can perform a non-combat action at no cost and without penalty even while engaged in combat
• Embodiment of physical perfection for her race; Appears to be one level higher and more powerful than actual; Tends to be fidgety and has trouble sleeping; Ambidextrous

Gear
(Equipment post is up to date.)
Image
User avatar
Amber Dach
Posts: 115
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:50 am

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Amber Dach »

(Rolls held over)
Selenidaria wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:01 pm When the taller woman, who has surprisingly enough is ever so slightly taller than Sel, mentions what all she needs, Sel pipes up as helpfully and cheerfully as she can "As I had just mentioned, I am a Techno-Wizard, and while I am not an Atlantean, I really can't think of any reason I couldn't build you what you wanted, provided I know the proper spells. And as a Techno-Wizard, I can also handle working on mundane electronics, including optics systems. I'd be willing to work for free as long as I had the parts needed to complete the job. And if you would like to see an example of my work, let me introduce you to this little guy right here." Sel goes to get her TW Mapping Drone Quadcopter out of Staci. "This is a TW Mapping Drone, which can survey the area with cameras as well as magically, recording where ley lines are, heavy magical activity, and dimensional disturbances. Unfortunately, I haven't had the opportunity to test him out. Oh my god, I just realized I haven't even named him or her yet! I think I will name you Carter!"
I need to watch what I say in mixed company, she thinks as the tall elf approaches them. In fact, I should get more some training in this intelligence stuff. Too many secrets and factions to deal with right now. She turns her attention back to the elf and listens politely as she lists her credentials. “Thank-you for the offer, but I have some specific needs that can only be fulfilled specially trained craftspeople among my kin. However, I would be open to you assisting with my optics upgrades.” She looks to Jez. “As long as the Boss approves of you, of course.”
Jezebel wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:33 amShe responds coolly and professionally. "We are a merc unit out of Merctown. You can pay for your passage with work. If you wish further employment, we've an opening as our last Techno-Wizard was lost in the jungle here. In the meantime, your dinner is on Amber here, who'll be treating the lot of us to a feast to make your goddess blush."
Amber nods in agreement when Jez mentions dinner is on here this evening. "We can discuss what I am looking for at dinner tonight." She bows slightly and introduces herself. "I'm Amber. Pleased to meet you...?"
Amber Dach

Current Conditions
Conditions
P.P.E.: 23/33
I.S.P.: 76/150
H.P.: 33/33
S.D.C.: 87/87

Crystal Deflector Gauntlet: 11/15 melee round charges remaining


Image
User avatar
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 225
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:23 pm

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Analoy »

Percep: 61%= 1d100: [1] = 1
JIC: 1d20: [4] = 4 1d100: [31] = 31
Conditions
PPE: 257/172;
Knight in Full Armor - 210/143.75 min , 115/62 M.D.C.

After they make their way back into the city, Analoy grins as Jez passes out their shares of the Creator's payment, K'Sarlex Ortoza might like to hear of this. After all a technological rift generator is not something you see everyday. Her eyes glance over the Elven woman appraising her just as Jez lets loose a loud whistle. Analoy's eyes narrow as the woman doesn't seems to hear the whistle but none the less makes her way over to Jez and the group of GIRLS.

As the Elven woman approaches, Analoy sticks close to Jez, pulling her helmet off and tucking it under an arm as she looks up at the much taller women gathered around her. She listens along and then grins when the Elf suggests naming the drone Carter. "I like Steve. Steve's a pretty name." She says as she finally speaks up.

Grinning as the conversation continues, Analoy speaks up again, "You can pull your rig up next to ours and sleep in that or stay in the bunk room we have lined up. I'm Analoy by the way and the doc over there is Susan." She points to the woman that is slightly taller than herself but still much shorter than the other three women. "Figure about an hour and a half to stow your gear and get cleaned up before we head into the city and find a good place to eat. After that our flight out is in three days. Make sure you're here cuz I don't thing Jez will wait for well, anyone."

Analoy looks over to Jez and Amber, "I'm not really looking to pick up any gear here. To hard to get fix once we get back home. You might be able to sell them to a collector in Merctown." She shrugs, "Though I'd like to see if I can get a message out to my mentor, K'Sarlex. And maybe get some more ink." She grins over at Sel, with only the mundane black stripe down her face showing as evidence as to what she actually is.
Analoy Landie
Current Details
P.P.E.: 227/227
M.D.C.: 196/196
Charm/Impress: 20%

Image
Image
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
Posts: 589
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Underguard »

Analoy wrote: "Though I'd like to see if I can get a message out to my mentor, K'Sarlex. And maybe get some more ink."
Amid the discussion while still on the tarmac, the security officers growing slightly impatient that you still haven't moved, changes. One of the lantean officers seems to perk her head towards Analoy at the mention of K'Sarlex and approaches Analoy. "Excuse me, did you say K'Sarlex? As in, K'Sarlex Ortoza?" She asks and after receiving affirmation from Analoy, continues. "I am surprised to find another like this who knows him. He frequents Manoa, but to my knowledge is not here at the moment.How is it you know him?" She asks.
AA Professional Services GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Exe (PW GA) || EP Ledger
ImageImage
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
User avatar
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 225
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:23 pm

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Analoy »

Percep: 61%= 1d100: [92] = 92
JIC: 1d20: [20] = 20 1d100: [86] = 86
Conditions
PPE: 257/172;
Knight in Full Armor - 210/143.75 min , 115/62 M.D.C.

Analoy cocks her head to the side as she looks up at the security officer. After a brief moment she straightens her head and nods, "K'Sarlex Ortoza of Clan Ortoman rescued me as a child and was my mentor." She draws two fingers down the tattoo on her face as she says, "He made me into the person that I am today and I thank him for that." Covered in the armor as she is, she wonders if the other woman gets the reference to her magical tattoos. Should I activate one of my tattoos to emphasize this. Maybe the gorilla? She quickly dismisses this idea and instead smiles and says, "How is it that you know the man that is all but a father to me?"
Analoy Landie
Current Details
P.P.E.: 227/227
M.D.C.: 196/196
Charm/Impress: 20%

Image
Image
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
Posts: 589
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Underguard »

The woman removes her helmet to show a beautiful and heavily tattooed lantean woman's face. "Much of Clan Ortoman has made their homes here, I've shared tables with them. There have been no stories of an adopted non-lantean student but clan leaders often keep certain things guarded. What message would you like to leave for him? I can ensure he gets it within a tenday." The officer offers.
AA Professional Services GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Exe (PW GA) || EP Ledger
ImageImage
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
User avatar
Selenidaria
Posts: 301
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:35 pm
Location: Google Hangouts: dragonfett2

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Selenidaria »

(Rolls held over)
Jezebel wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:33 am Jezebel, usually one who is sparing in her own speech, lets the torrent of verbosity wash over her. It's a gentle breeze and I am the cutting blade of the aerodyne wing. It cannot impede me, but only help me. I will slice through it, pass over it, and leave it behind me. When it is past, I will see its path. Where it has passed there will be nothing. Only I will remain. She responds coolly and professionally. "We are a merc unit out of Merctown. You can pay for your passage with work. If you wish further employment, we've an opening as our last Techno-Wizard was lost in the jungle here. In the meantime, your dinner is on Amber here, who'll be treating the lot of us to a feast to make your goddess blush."
Invoke Trust: 88% / 1d100: [58] = 58
Jez points to Sel's ears, "But two things first, well three really. One: what's your name? I'm not gonna just shout 'hey you' when I need you to do something. Two: you an Aluta? Those ears are suggestive of such. Three: you gonna have a problem hiding those if the sitch demands it? I'm not jeopardizing my team for someone's moral or social grandstanding." Assuming Sel's responses aren't non-starters, Jez finishes, "I'm gonna follow Amber's lead and clean-up a bit before a night out on her credit card. I'd suggest you follow suit."
Sel's face breaks out in a grin that goes beyond the tips of her elongated ears, thinking to herself OMG I COULD HUG HER!!! No! I mustn't do that! At least not yet! I mustn't scare my new employer, even if this does only turn out to be temporary. "Oh my goddess, thank you, thank you so much! By the way, my name is Selenidaria, but you can call me Sel for short." she says enthusiastically. She listens to the question of her heritage and says "I honestly have no clue what an Aluta is, but I am an elf. Are Aluta particularly long lived? And as for hiding my ears, that will not be a problem as ninety percent of the time I wear stuff that I can easily hide my ears with at a moment's notice. The other ten percent I can simply do this." As Sel talks, she starts brushing her hair before putting it up again, this time in a hair style that hides her ears.

1d100: [94] = 94 /52%

After styling her hair, Sel pulls out her pocket mirror to see how she did, only to realize she had never done this before without using her mirror in Staci. "Well, to be fair I'm used to doing this with a mirror on a wall." The mention of getting cleaned up and eating out on the town suddenly makes her realize that she couldn't remember if her nice clothes were in Staci or back in the AAPS hangar, until she remembered that she packed everything she owned into Staci, more out of habit at that point than anything. "My apologies, but I just realized I never caught your name, either." Sel says to the woman who had been handing credit sticks to the other women.
Amber Dach wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 1:52 pm
I need to watch what I say in mixed company, she thinks as the tall elf approaches them. In fact, I should get more some training in this intelligence stuff. Too many secrets and factions to deal with right now. She turns her attention back to the elf and listens politely as she lists her credentials. “Thank-you for the offer, but I have some specific needs that can only be fulfilled specially trained craftspeople among my kin. However, I would be open to you assisting with my optics upgrades.” She looks to Jez. “As long as the Boss approves of you, of course.”
Jezebel wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:33 amShe responds coolly and professionally. "We are a merc unit out of Merctown. You can pay for your passage with work. If you wish further employment, we've an opening as our last Techno-Wizard was lost in the jungle here. In the meantime, your dinner is on Amber here, who'll be treating the lot of us to a feast to make your goddess blush."
Amber nods in agreement when Jez mentions dinner is on here this evening. "We can discuss what I am looking for at dinner tonight." She bows slightly and introduces herself. "I'm Amber. Pleased to meet you...?"
"It's a pleasure to meet you, Amber. I am Selendaria. I would love to discuss that with you over dinner." Sel replies.
Analoy wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:06 pm
As the Elven woman approaches, Analoy sticks close to Jez, pulling her helmet off and tucking it under an arm as she looks up at the much taller women gathered around her. She listens along and then grins when the Elf suggests naming the drone Carter. "I like Steve. Steve's a pretty name." She says as she finally speaks up.

Grinning as the conversation continues, Analoy speaks up again, "You can pull your rig up next to ours and sleep in that or stay in the bunk room we have lined up. I'm Analoy by the way and the doc over there is Susan." She points to the woman that is slightly taller than herself but still much shorter than the other three women. "Figure about an hour and a half to stow your gear and get cleaned up before we head into the city and find a good place to eat. After that our flight out is in three days. Make sure you're here cuz I don't thing Jez will wait for well, anyone."
"I feel like Steve's a little bit too masculine for my tastes, although if you insist, might I suggest Stevie? And thank you for showing me where I can park Staci. And don't worry, she's been my home for long enough that I am very much used to sleeping in her, although I wouldn't turn down more spacious accommodations if available. Trust me, I will not miss this flight." She says to Analoy before heading to Staci to park her in the designated area. Once that is done, she shutters the cockpit windows before she bathes herself to the best of her ability with a bar of lava soap and checks the mirror inside of Staci to make sure her hair doesn't look too obviously gross as she's not sure she has anyway of washing out her hair with her. After drying off, she will put on her one set of nice clothes* try to make herself as presentable as possible, then go back out to the tarmac to wait for the rest of her new group.

1d100: [89] = 89 /52%

*Just how nice of a set of clothes is up to Underguard.
Last edited by Selenidaria on Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Selenidaria
OOC Comments
HP: 30/30
SDC: 30/30
PPE: 155/155
ISP: 37/37

Constant Effects: Mind Block Auto-Defense

MR-10 Magefire Bolt Rifle 18/18 shots

Blue Boy Power Armor
Model Type: NG-X44
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
Thumper Shoulder Assault Rifle (attached to armor) – 50
* Forearm Volt Disruptor (1, left forearm) – 10
* Leg Maneuvering Jets (2, small) – 12 each
* Vibro-Blades (2) – 15 each
** Main Body – 165
Image
Image
User avatar
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 225
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:23 pm

Re: Chapter 1: Equivocal Dawn

Post by Analoy »

Percep: 61%= 1d100: [1] = 1
JIC: 1d20: [7] = 7 1d100: [46] = 46
Conditions
PPE: 257/172;
Knight in Full Armor - 210/143.75 min , 115/62 M.D.C.

Analoy refrains from telling the woman of her aid in helping K'Sarlex infiltrate the monster riddled island of Atlantis and instead says, "I just wish to let him know of my current status and location as well as a few other bits of information I have obtained. And to try and arrange a time where I may be granted another tattoo, as enough time has passed since my last to minimize any safety concerns." As she speaks, Analoy pops the various seals on her armor and pulls the torso and arms covering free from her person, exposing the assortment of tattoos across her upper body.

Analoy looks a little disappointed, "A tenday though. We will be gone and back in Merctown by that point. I know he is a busy man but I was hoping my luck would hold and I would get a chance to see him." She gives a little sigh and rolls her now freed shoulders. "I've spent too many years not wearing this stuff," she waggles the chest piece on the end of her hand, "it feels so very confining to put it on. I can only imagine what a true mage feels."
Analoy Landie
Current Details
P.P.E.: 227/227
M.D.C.: 196/196
Charm/Impress: 20%

Image
Image
Post Reply

Return to “G.I.R.L.S. of Merctown Adventure Forum”