Character Name: Maia’Glthyra’maxal-aiusu (M-eye-uh, glith-ee-ra, max-uhl, aye-eee-soo)
Power Category: Mega-Hero- Plant Gestalt (Force of Nature)
Occupation: Defender of the Earth. All of it.
XP Level: 3
XP Points: 10,901 (2/2/21 -- CHIMERA)
Next Level @ XP: 20,001
Land of Origin: Primordial nothingness.
Disposition: One doesn’t need to interact long with Maia to realize that her perspective is a very alien one. To human points of view, Maia’s intelligence, ability to communicate complex thoughts, and activity level operate in inverse proportion to how threatened she feels. If all is well, she will act in a simple, primitive fashion and generally be content simply to exist (preferably in a sunbeam somewhere). If she feels threatened (either personally, or on behalf of the local flora/fauna), on the other hand, her intelligence scales up accordingly in response. In battle, Maia lives up to her title as a force of nature. She can be strategic, visionary, creative, cunning- and ruthless. The only authority she respects is that which can prove its strength, or can convince her that it operates on behalf of the greater good (for the planet as a whole, not just humanity).
Gestalt form + crystal armor
P.S.: 61 (SN)/71 (SN)
P.P.: 16 (+1 s/p/d)/26 (+6 s/p/d)
P.E.: N/A +10?
Speed: 26 (18 MPH)/66 (46 MPH)/56 (39 MPH)
Height: 10 feet tall
Weight: 2000 pounds/ 0
Description: Maia prefers to construct her physical form out of tough, rope-like vines densely interwoven into a humanoid figure. Invisible in energy form. It’s unclear exactly how she communicates, but particularly in her more laconic moods the barrier between Maia’s thoughts/emotions and her “words” lowers. It’s rarely hard to tell what she’s thinking.
- Perception: 21% +3%/level
- Ethereal energy being- in energy form only magic/magic weapons and psionics that affect the supernatural can affect the entity.
- The character has a difficult time using items: -20% to skills, -1 to strike and parry with ancient weapons, -5 to strike using guns and high-tech tools.
- Controlling Force: Force of nature- Maia can form her gestalt body (takes 1d4 melees), or possess a large plant, once per 24-hour period. The physical body can be kept for about eight days depending upon circumstance, but after the third day it begins to deteriorate. Starting on day 4 the gestalt body loses 1d6+30 SDC per day due to deterioration. The gestalt body does not heal SDC, and plants begin to die once the body drops below 75% SDC.
- Heal plants and animals by touch- Restores broken bones/stems/branches, heals wounds and injuries, negates toxins or poisons, and restores 50% of lost HP/SDC (only 20% when used on humans or other intelligent lifeforms). Can be performed 4x/24h period.
- Possess a large (min. 6 feet tall or long) plant or tree. In this form the spirit can watch the world unrecognized, but it can speak (voice sounds like wind or the rattle of dry leaves), and its physical attributes are the same as those of the gestalt body. HP/SDC are as normal for the plant, +60. Unlimited duration, serves to anchor the spirit to the physical world.
- Increase SDC from super powers by 50%.
- Heals four times faster than a human.
- Increase all ranges by 50%.
- Mega-power: Tremendous physical strength.
- Achilles' Heel: Vulnerable to cold. In temperatures at or below freezing, reduce the character's super abilities (damage, range, duration, etc.) by half, speed attribute by half, combat bonuses by half, and supernatural PS turns to normal PS. Warm clothing does not help. A self-contained environment suit with heat, or being inside a heated building or vehicle, will protect against this weakness but may also prohibit or limit the use of certain super abilities. Penalties apply within 30 seconds of exposure to cold (nearly instant).
- Plant control, HU2 P. 285.
- Animate and control plants
- Range: Area of 90 feet (+15/level) at a distance up to 180 feet (+15/level).
- Can manipulate all plant life in area of effect. Plants can be made to move and function like hands and arms, but cannot uproot from the soil. Requires the character’s full concentration, does not require line of sight.
- Grow plants
- Most plants and shrubs from seed to maturity in 1d4 melees.
- Trees/large plants grow at a rate of 8 feet per melee round, up to 200 feet tall.
- Plants revert to normal after 20 minutes or the superbeing’s command.
- Alter wood
- Can alter the strength of any wooden item.
- Items up to one foot can add or decrease 10 SDC, 2-4 feet 30 SDC, 5+ feet 100 SDC.
- Living wood/trees can be increased/decreased up to 25%.
- Wither plants
- Range: 60 feet + 15/level
- Area of effect: 20-foot radius
- Plants can be reduced to 1 HP once per melee.
- Recognize and Identify Plants: 87%+1%/level. --> Adds +15% to skill per BH
- +10% to climb trees or vines, +1d4x10 SDC.
- Animate and control plants
- Bend Light
- Range: 195ft (+22.5/level)
- Duration: One melee round
- Separate the color bands of light to produce a colored light beam or radiate about 70 watts of colored light (enough to light up a 10x10 room or read). Colors possible are red, yellow, blue, green, purple, and orange.
- Blank spot: Maia can make herself invisible to light, including infrared and ultraviolet. Opponents notice the blank spot on an initiative roll of 18 or better (imposes a -20% penalty to opponent perception checks).
- Parry lasers and light beams (including flashlights) at +3, or create a bubble to deflect them with maximum range of 100 feet.
- Deflect light beams: Roll a parry as above (including +3), then a strike to deflect a light beam back at its source. Counts as one attack, no bonuses to strike.
- Can see into the infrared and ultraviolet spectra, range 450ft + 150/level.
- Usable in both plant and energy form.
- Matter Explusion: Crystal
- Crystal armor: Adds natural AR of 15 and +10 to PS/PP/PE, +40 to Spd, +10 HP, +120 SDC, +3 strike/parry/dodge, +4 to damage. Takes 1/3 damage from light and laser attacks.
- Crystal blast: Range is 52.5 feet (+7.5/level), damage is 3d6 (+1d6 per level). Crystals fade into nothing after 30 minutes.
- Encase in crystal: Small targets (up to a microwave) can be encased in 1-2 seconds, including weapons or body parts (AR 15, SDC 50+10/level). Larger targets up to the size of a loveseat or half the body take 2-3 seconds (one attack) to encase (AR 14, SDC 50+10/level). Encasing the entire body up to 10 feet tall or an object the size of a king-size bed or small car takes 4-6 seconds (3 actions, AR 12, SDC 50+10/level). Crystal weighs the same as glass (~100lbs for a human body-sized chunk). Range is Touch or 9 feet/level. Most living creatures will suffocate in 1d6+3 minutes if their breathing is cut off. Duration is 30 minutes/level.
- The superbeing can discorporate and disperse her molecules over a large area, effectively becoming intangible and invisible (even to heat, motion, and other sensors). The character can see and hear everything that transpires within the area she is dispersed over but cannot move, fight, talk, use psionics, or cast spells. All she can do is hide or observe. While dispersed, the character is also invulnerable to all kinetic and energy attacks including fire, heat, electricity, lasers, bullets, punches, kicks, etc. She is, however, still vulnerable to most psionic attacks and magical spells, and can be detected via presense sense and telepathic probes/scans (registering only as an unseen presence).
- Area of Effect: The character's body disperses up to a 30-foot radius (including mega-hero boost).
- Duration: The dispersal can be maintained for 5 minutes/level.
- Attacks Per Melee: Dispersing counts as one action, reforming as two.
- Bonus: When dispersal is used to dodge gain +3.
Can speak and understand all languages, but cannot read or write
Basic Math 101% (+5%)
Advanced Math 103% (+5%)
Hand to Hand: Expert
Bonsai 104% (+4%)
Brewing: Basic 103%/105% (+5%)
Cook 104% (+5%)
Dance 105% (+5%)
Fishing 106% (+5%)
Floral Arrangement (Ikebana) 102% (+3%)
Gardening 99% (+4%)
Go 102% (+5%)
Housekeeping 102% (+5%)
Play Musical Instrument 101% (+5%)
Poetry (Haiku) 104% (+5%)
Recycle 103% (+5%)
Rock Painting and Engraving 104% (+4%)
Sewing 106% (+5%)
Sing 102% (+5%)
Wardrobe & Grooming 103% (+4%)
Boat Building 106% (+5%)
Carpentry 104% (+5%)
Dowsing 101% (+5%)
Fasting 100% (+3%)
Identify Plants & Fruit 116% (+5%)
Land Navigation 101% (+4%)
Preserve Foods 105% (+5%)
Skin & Prepare Animal Hides 106% (+5%)
Spelunking 103% (+5%)
Track & Trap Animals 101%/104% (+5%)
Track and Hunt Sea Animals 104/104% (+5%)
Undersea and Sea Survival 101% (+5%)
Underwater Navigation 103% (+4%)
Wilderness Survival 103% (+5%)
Navigation 106% (+5%)
Astronomy 103% (+5%)
Biology 106% (+5%)
Botany 105% (+5%)
Chemistry 102% (+5%)
Holistic Medicine 101/105%% (+5%)
First Aid 104% (+5%)
Pick Pockets 84% (+5%)
Detect concealment 84% (+5%)
Interrogation 83% (+5%)
Tracking 86% (+5%)
Prowl 25% (+5% 1st level)
Concealment 20% (+4% 1st level)
HTH Type: Expert
Number of Attacks: 6
Initiative Bonus: +2
Melee Strike Bonus: +3/11
Parry Bonus: +4/12
Dodge Bonus: +4/12
Disarm Bonus: 0
HTH Damage Bonus: +46/+60
Bonus to Roll w/Punch: +2
Bonus to Pull a Punch: +2
SN Punch Damage: 5d6 restrained/2d4x10 regular/3d6x10 power
SN Punch Damage: 6d6 restrained/2d6x10 regular/4d6x10 power
Death blow on 16-20 to strike (must announce)
Saving Throw Bonuses
Magic (varies): +3
Horror Factor: +3/+8
Impervious to disease, poison, heat, cold, and possession.
Impervious to disease, possession, and poisons and drugs that hurt mammals but takes double damage from vegetation-killing poisons. Half damage from heat/cold, normal damage from fire and extreme cold and magical fire and cold.