James: No Man's Land

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Locked
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
Posts: 587
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s

James: No Man's Land

Post by Underguard »

Conditions wrote:Location: GIRLS Hanger, Merctown
Time/Date: 12:00:00 PM; December 29th, 111PA
Environmental Conditions: 42°F (0°C); Light wind, Cloud cover outside as far as the eye can see.
James has spent what feels like a month in the hospital. The whole while, no one could tell him why he was there. The last thing he can remember is a heavy impact on his neck from behind before falling unconscious.

When James is finally released from Merctown Hospital, the air is colder than he remembers with a heavy cloud cover. Winter time in the dry plains. Outside, James sees a large hovercraft parked to the side with a pair of Defender's vehicles in the opposite space. Ontop of the large hovercraft, a girl hops hops down from it and heads straight towards him.

"Hey! Knew you'd make it. Your crew is already gone." She says with a smile. James feels the presence of a tall man behind him and turns to look.

"Sharee, manners. Name's Brooks, that's Sharee. We're associates of your fellows. Figured we'd make sure you were safe considering they went international." Brooks states and nods towards the hovercraft. "Want a lift?" He asks, leaving James to look between the two and their vehicle, and the Defenders that could probably also give him a lift if he asked.

What are you doing?
AA Professional Services GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Exe (PW GA) || EP Ledger
ImageImage
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
User avatar
James Miller
Posts: 97
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:22 pm

Re: James: No Man's Land

Post by James Miller »

Perception 95% | 1d100
JIC: 1d20, 1d100

Skill rolls:
Invoke Trust: 80% | 1d100
Intelligence 75% |1d100
I.D. Undercover Agent 83%|1d100

Detect Ambush 73%|1d100
Undercover Ops 88%|1d100
Surveillance 73%|1d100

Detect Concealment 58%|1d100

As James leaves the hospital he does his best to recall anything that might have give him a clue as to what the hell was going on, What the fuck is this bullshit now?! I have the worst fucking luck on earth. Can I spend an hour awake and not get drilled in the head and lose my goddamn memory? I'm getting too old.

At that moment he takes in the scene outside the hospital and sees the women jump down from the hovercraft. James instantly starts working through all his old techniques to try recognize her or to see if she may be hiding something, (Intelligence, I.D Undercover, Undercover Ops,).
Underguard wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 7:20 pm
"Hey! Knew you'd make it. Your crew is already gone."
The question takes him by surprise as he wasn't expecting such familiarity from this stranger. He gets out, "Gone? Gone where?"
Before he can ask more he feels someone else behind him and calmly turns part way so both new comers are in his line of site.
Underguard wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 7:20 pm
"Sharee, manners. Name's Brooks, that's Sharee. We're associates of your fellows. Figured we'd make sure you were safe considering they went international." "Want a lift?"
That old paranoia and pessimist flares to the spy's mind, Do I want a lift? Who the fuck offers randoms a lift in Merctown? There is no goddamn way this is anything but a fucking trap. What if these two fucks are dead heads trying to get me back. No I don't want a lift asshole... James takes a quick breath and lets his professional side take over. I could find my own way home or get a ride from the defenders over there but I don't know what's going on and I need intel from somewhere. Maybe these two can give me something. Against his better judgement, James decides to go with the two strangers. Letting his training take over, he dispels the surely old man and breaks out in a big grin doing his best to look appreciative and happy, "That is a hell of an offer, thank you. You don't mind if I sit upfront do you? Still a little groggy from the hospital visit and the back seat may be a bit taxing." James stays cordial and positive with his new friends all the while taking in every piece of data he can, (Invoke Trust, Detect Ambush/Concealment, Surveillance).
James
Ledger
[ooc=Conditions]NE-CW20 Camouflage Variable Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
• Helmet: 40/40
• Arms: 20/20, 20/20
• Legs: 30/30, 30/30
• Main Body: 80/80
Modifiers: -5% to acrobatics/gymnastics, -20% for others to detect, +5% to prowl skill
[/ooc]
Image
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
Posts: 587
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s

Re: James: No Man's Land

Post by Underguard »

Conditions wrote:Location: GIRLS Hanger, Merctown
Time/Date: 12:05:00 PM; December 29th, 111PA
Environmental Conditions: 42°F (0°C); Light wind, Cloud cover outside as far as the eye can see.
James meticulously scans the woman, who is a humanoid d-bee with black eyes and an oddly cheerful face. "They took off on a large aircraft a couple days ago. Not really sure where they went to be honest, we didn't have time to catch up after that whole stint." Sharee answers as James repositions to see them both. The larger man is intimidating but obviously human and claps James shoulder after James accepts the ride.

"Sure, plenty of room." Brooks offers and leads James inside a rather large craft, far better than he's seen most mercs operate out of. "Got this baby on a mission a few months back." Brooks offers. As James walks the interior to the cockpit, he can see colorful artwork lining the walls. The cockpit seems to fit at least four human-sized creatures comfortably.

Sharee jumps in the pilots seat and takes off. Brooks then turns to James and sighs. "So, since your crew is gone, I'll get you up to speed." Brooks starts. "You got knocked out by an android and nearly died. We, along with your crew, helped corner and destroy the fucker. They were helping us look into the systematic murders in the city that were the result of this android. Now they are fuck knows where and off the grid, and we still got some issues to deal with and we..." He pauses, glancing to Sharee and giving her a soft look as she pilots before turning back to James. "We could use help, if you are up for it. Or, we can just drop you off at the hangar and go about our merry way." Brooks finishes.

What are you doing?
AA Professional Services GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Exe (PW GA) || EP Ledger
ImageImage
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
User avatar
James Miller
Posts: 97
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:22 pm

Re: James: No Man's Land

Post by James Miller »

Perception 95% | 1d100
JIC: 1d20, 1d100

Skill rolls:
Invoke Trust: 80% | 1d100
Underguard wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 8:14 pm "So, since your crew is gone, I'll get you up to speed.""You got knocked out by an android and nearly died. We, along with your crew, helped corner and destroy the fucker. They were helping us look into the systematic murders in the city that were the result of this android. Now they are fuck knows where and off the grid, and we still got some issues to deal with and we...""We could use help, if you are up for it. Or, we can just drop you off at the hangar and go about our merry way."
James stops scanning everything in the ship at the mention of an android, A fucking android!? I hope they kept it's neural net,
OOC Comments
I don't know if that's a thing but I watched STTNG so its what I know, :D
I could get a shit ton of use out of that. James suddenly realizes the rest of what was said, Wait a minute, its almost fucking killed me? Jesus Christ, when am I going to catch a fucking break. And now these two strangers want me to fuck off and find someone that killed a bunch of people I don't give a shit about? What's fucking next, deliver the Dead Heads SOME FUCKING FLOWERS!? He calms his internal rant and keeps his outward mask of geniality as he quickly reviews his options, What the fuck else am I going to do, sit in a big empty base with nothing but my right hand for company? Fuck that, let's find some murderers, yay so fun. Looking to Brooks he says, "Sure that sounds like something I can help out with. It'll be better than sitting in a big empty base alone. What have you got to go on so far?"
James
Ledger
[ooc=Conditions]NE-CW20 Camouflage Variable Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
• Helmet: 40/40
• Arms: 20/20, 20/20
• Legs: 30/30, 30/30
• Main Body: 80/80
Modifiers: -5% to acrobatics/gymnastics, -20% for others to detect, +5% to prowl skill
[/ooc]
Image
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
Posts: 587
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s

Re: James: No Man's Land

Post by Underguard »

Conditions wrote:Location: GIRLS Hanger, Merctown
Time/Date: 12:20:00 PM; December 29th, 111PA
Environmental Conditions: 42°F (0°C); Light wind, Cloud cover outside as far as the eye can see.
James watches as the behavior of the two softens a bit as he voices his desire to help. "Sweet. Alright. We know that the murders that took place were done mostly by that android that got trashed. The Defenders have the scrap of it, but we don't know more. We had to evac the scene pretty quickly. I want to go check out the lab we found. See what else we can find out." Brooks starts, pulling out a small datapad.

James sees Sharee lean back from the drivers seat with a smile. "It's in the Warrens. It's been a couple days so things should be calm, and since you were never their originally when the fenders had the place on lockdown, no one would think twice about you." Sharee says, rearing the vehicle into the Warrens.

"Worse case, it's a dead end. It's not the only lead we have to go on but it's one the of bigger ones." Brooks adds while the craft comes to a stop outside the Hangman's Hotel and Tavern. Brooks turns to James and clasps his hands together. "I'm not a quiet kind of guy, and Sharee is better at machines and vics than most but can't use a gun to save anyone's life." Brooks states

"Hey!" Sharee yells back, Brooks just rolling his eyes and scoffing.

"Anyways, this is a map of the Warrens. The highlighted building is the one in question, supposedly there is an underground bunker to it. It's midday, which means most degenerates are sleeping or something, so the streets shouldn't be too crowded. Think you can handle this?" Brooks asks, motioning to the door.

NML Map01.png
AA Professional Services GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Exe (PW GA) || EP Ledger
ImageImage
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
User avatar
James Miller
Posts: 97
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:22 pm

Re: James: No Man's Land

Post by James Miller »

Perception: 95%| 1d100
JIC: 1d20, 1d100

Skills Used:
Electronic Countermeasures 68% |1d100
Radio: Basic 93% |1d100

Decode Radio Transmission 59%(49% Coalition) |1d100
Prowl 83% |1d100

Undercover Ops 88% |1d100
Intelligence 75% |1d100

Detect Concealment 58% |1d100
Prowl 83% |1d100
Pick Locks 89% |1d100
Computer Operation 93% |1d100
Computer Hacking 83% |1d100
Surveillance Systems 68% |1d100

Intelligence 75% |1d100
Prowl 83% |1d100
Detect Concealment 58% |1d100
Pick Locks 89% |1d100
Computer Hacking 83% |1d100


Underguard wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:40 pm "Anyways, this is a map of the Warrens. The highlighted building is the one in question, supposedly there is an underground bunker to it. It's midday, which means most degenerates are sleeping or something, so the streets shouldn't be too crowded. Think you can handle this?"
Being a sneaky bastard. My first true love, oh how I have missed thee. James, all business now, replies with, "I'm more of a covert kind of operator but don't have an issue with putting people down when it's needed. I can try find my way in an get a look around. Is that what you're hoping for?"

Assuming this is the kind of help they wanted from James he immediately starts working. He tunes his radio ear to the channel he needs to stay in contact with Sharee and Brooks and attempts to encrypt the transmission,(Electronic Countermeasures, Radio Basic). Once that is set up he starts flipping through channels on his Bandit's Ear listening for anything that might be useful, (Decode Radio Transmission). James pulls out his computer and makes sure it is ready in case he needs to break into any electronic security and checks all his weapons and gear. During the process of pulling everything out and inspecting it, he tries to covertly leave a magnetic tracer on the vehicle, (Prowl 1). May as well know where this thing is in case we get split up. Once he's ready, he steps out of the hovercraft and says to his two new friends, "I'm going to recon this place a bit and try find the best way in. If it all goes to shit, I hope I can have some backup."

James does his best to stay unassuming as he makes a pass of the building on the far side of the street. He falls back into his old routine of looking casual while taking in every aspect of his surroundings, (Undercover Ops, Intelligence). The former spy scans for the best entry spot, something that would give him the most time to try and circumvent a lock or electronic security system. He also scans for hidden video cameras, motion detectors, or other hidden dangers, (Detect Concealment). Once he's gone past the building and on to the next block, he reverses his direction and moves into hiding in an attempt to get to his chosen location of entry(Prowl). If he is able to make it to the door/window/roof that is best suited for him to break in, James will start working the locks/security system to get in quietly, (Pick Locks, Computer Operation, Computer Hacking, Surveillance Systems).

If James covertly gains access to the building:
Just before he slips into the building James quietly says into the radio, "Going in." Once inside James will try to find anything of value that might tell them more about the murders. He'll stay quiet and move slow but will cover every square inch of the building and the bunker in an attempt to find something of value, (Intelligence, Prowl, Detect Concealment). The patience and thoroughness required reminds James of his youth, breaking into enemies of the Coalition to steal their secrets. This whole experience is James' happy place and it allows him to be very methodical moving through the building slowly looking for clues. This is what I was made for, I could stay here forever./ If he finds any locked desks or hidden safes he will attempt to break in and open those as well, (Computer Hacking, Pick Locks).

If James doesn't gain access to the building:
What the fuck. Am I getting that old and out of practice that I can't break into this piece of shit building?! Fuck me I need to bail and try again, I'm going to be seen here. Into his Bandit Ear he says, "Ran into an issue and need to bail. I'm going to move away from the building south. Can you pick me up a few blocks from here?" After their reply James will add, "We need to give this some time and I can try again." This is fucking embarrassing. You old fuck, get your shit together. He will move south quietly, sporadically checking the bug he hopefully left on the hovercraft.
James
Ledger
[ooc=Conditions]NE-CW20 Camouflage Variable Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
• Helmet: 40/40
• Arms: 20/20, 20/20
• Legs: 30/30, 30/30
• Main Body: 80/80
Modifiers: -5% to acrobatics/gymnastics, -20% for others to detect, +5% to prowl skill
[/ooc]
Image
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
Posts: 587
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s

Re: James: No Man's Land

Post by Underguard »

Conditions wrote:Location: The Warrens, Merctown
Time/Date: 12:30:00 PM; December 29th, 111PA
Environmental Conditions: 42°F (0°C); Light wind, Cloud cover outside as far as the eye can see.
Brooks nods and James gets to work, settling back into the life he knew so well; one that covets infiltration, subversion and perception. He is easily able to patch and encrypt the radio frequencies used by Sharee and Brooks before not so gracefully, and while sitting in front of Brooks, attempting to plant a bug in the vehicle. Brooks picks it up from where James had planted it with a raised eyebrow. "We aren't going anywhere." He states, putting the tracker on the nearest countertop.

James sheepishly departs, easily able to blame his misstep on the concussion he received earlier. Walking casually by the place against the wall, James first cases the property. He finds no surveillance or any visible security system installed on the house, but does see a cellar door that leads below and a front door.

When he doubles back, he demeanor changes entirely and the spy vanishes, darting into the shadows of a nearby house. James finds the front door to be slightly ajar and, upon opening it, finds an emptied house with blood stains in varying corners of the main level. No weapons, no food, no signs anyone actually lived in the house though.

Heading back outside and circling around, James finds the cellar door to actually have an electronic security lock that James is quickly able to hack through. He hears a large clank and the hatch loosens, allowing James to open it. Inside is a dark hallway that smells of smoke and is layered with scorch marks. The walls appear to be more technologically based than the wooden house that is above it, though the burn marks on the walls have melted any circuits that might've ran through them.

James take a step inside and the hallway goes on for several dozen feet, little to no ambient light and scorched walls run the hallway. The smell of smoke only getting stronger.

What are you doing?
AA Professional Services GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Exe (PW GA) || EP Ledger
ImageImage
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
User avatar
James Miller
Posts: 97
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:22 pm

Re: James: No Man's Land

Post by James Miller »

Perception: 95%| 1d100
JIC: 1d20, 1d100

Skills Used:
Detect Concealment 58% | 1d100
Detect Concealment 58% |1d100
Radio: Basic 93% |1d100
Prowl 83% |1d100

Detect Concealment 58% |1d100
Possible uses:
Pick Locks 89% |1d100
Computer Operation 93% |1d100
Computer Hacking 83% |1d100

Surveillance Systems 68% |1d100



James slows his movements to a crawl as he sees the scorched entrance to the cellar. As he moves into the entrance he makes several checks for surveillance or traps that may be present, (Detect Concealment X 2). Before he moves forward he quietly sends a message on his internal radio, "Nothing of value in the house. Moving into the cellar."
This is a goddamn trap waiting to happen. With my fucking luck, I've probably just delivered myself into capture and torture.
James continues into the cellar quietly and covertly using all his skills to keep himself hidden. The spy will keep an eye out for any further surveillance systems or traps as he moves into the cellar. If he runs into people he will stay hidden and observe and record their conversations. Any locked doors should be easy enough to pick and if he stumbles on any electronic data he will do his best to capture that as well. All the while he will keep an eye out for anything he can use for intel on the murders.
James
Ledger
[ooc=Conditions]NE-CW20 Camouflage Variable Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
• Helmet: 40/40
• Arms: 20/20, 20/20
• Legs: 30/30, 30/30
• Main Body: 80/80
Modifiers: -5% to acrobatics/gymnastics, -20% for others to detect, +5% to prowl skill
[/ooc]
Image
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
Posts: 587
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s

Re: James: No Man's Land

Post by Underguard »

Conditions wrote:Location: The Warrens, Merctown
Time/Date: 12:35:00 PM; December 29th, 111PA
Environmental Conditions: 42°F (0°C); Light wind, Cloud cover outside as far as the eye can see.
James investigates the entryway to the cellar, finding no traps or the like. The door seems to be technologically advanced with an advanced security lock that is disabled entirely and locked open. Upon entering, he finds the place devoid of any sort of systems of surveillance. The hallway is dark but obviously constructed with expensive materials (alien steel almost) that goes about thirty feet before stopping at a pair of sliding doors burnt and disheveled; it's a destroyed elevator shaft. Peering down, the spy can see the shaft only went one level lower, but can see absolutely nothing else in the darkness below.

The drop is about twenty feet, but is easily scalable by the spy should James chose too.

What are you doing?
AA Professional Services GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Exe (PW GA) || EP Ledger
ImageImage
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
User avatar
James Miller
Posts: 97
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:22 pm

Re: James: No Man's Land

Post by James Miller »

Perception: 95%| 1d100
JIC: 1d20, 1d100

Skills Used:
Detect Concealment 58% | 1d100
Radio: Basic 93% |1d100
Detect Concealment 58% |1d100
Climb Rope 97%|1d100
Basic Climb 63%|1d100

Prowl 83% |1d100
Detect Concealment 58% |1d100

Possible uses:
Pick Locks 89% |1d100
Computer Operation 93% |1d100
Computer Hacking 83% |1d100
Surveillance Systems 68% |1d100



Further down, further down, it's always further fucking down. Why can't anything ever be on the top floor, clear and easy to find? The negativity rolls around in his head but in truth, James is as happy as he gets. This kind of skulking work is what he was born for.

Keying on his internal radio, James checks in with his team, "I'm not sure if you're still receiving me or not but I didn't find anything on the first level of the cellar. The material it was built out of is clearly different than the building above, most likely alien metal. There is an elevator shaft that descends about 20 feet down, I'm going to see what's down there." James scans the entrance one more time for anything that might cause him an issue, (Detect Concealment) and then looks for a way down. If there is an easy way to make the decent he will take it, otherwise he will use his grapple and rope, (Climb/Climb Rope). As always the spy will move as silently as possible, (Prowl) and work very slowly, checking every movement forward for surveillance, traps, or clues, (Detect Concealment). If he is able to gain access to the lower level he'll proceed the same way he did in the level above. As he enters he will try his radio again, "Entering lower level, stand by."
James
Ledger
[ooc=Conditions]NE-CW20 Camouflage Variable Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
• Helmet: 40/40
• Arms: 20/20, 20/20
• Legs: 30/30, 30/30
• Main Body: 80/80
Modifiers: -5% to acrobatics/gymnastics, -20% for others to detect, +5% to prowl skill
[/ooc]
Image
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
Posts: 587
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s

Re: James: No Man's Land

Post by Underguard »

Conditions wrote:Location: The Warrens, Merctown
Time/Date: 12:45:00 PM; December 29th, 111PA
Environmental Conditions: 42°F (0°C); Light wind, Cloud cover outside as far as the eye can see.
James can't tell if Brooks and Sharee are receiving his radio signal or not as he continues. Unlike most Earth-made Elevators that use a pully system with cables to help lower or raise an elevator, this one seems to lack those entirely. Resigning to use his own Rope, the spy finds a notch to tie too and begins his slow descent. As he kicks over the ledge, his foot hits a loose piece of metal that falls quite suddenly and rather loudly down the remainder of the shaft. The bang and clank echoing, with each impact making the spy wince as he was trying to be as silent as possible. When it reaches the bottom and the echoing fades, James remains still and listens. The silence is just what James is comfortable with, and his sharp ears do not hear any other movement.

Continuing his descent slowly, he reaches the bottom. At the bottom he can now clearly see and feel the demolished elevator that goes just a little further down than the door but is in crumbled pieces. James finds carbon scoring and scorch marks lining the shaft wall; thick enough for the spy to rub a finger on it and pull up some residue.

The lower level, past the doorway, is a single but large room. What may have been in here is anyone's guess as the entire place is thrashed. There is a large terminal on the back wall that has obvious damage from weapons fire and an explosion. Several tables and what could be lab equipment is crumbled and scorched. To the spy's trained eyes, it looks like someone was tying up loose ends, destroying evidence and the like. It is hard to tell if everything is destroyed or non-functioning without more scrutinizing.


What are you doing?
AA Professional Services GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Exe (PW GA) || EP Ledger
ImageImage
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
User avatar
James Miller
Posts: 97
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:22 pm

Re: James: No Man's Land

Post by James Miller »

Perception: 95%| 1d100
JIC: 1d20, 1d100

Skills Used:
Prowl 83% |1d100
Detect Concealment 58% | 1d100
Detect Concealment 58% |1d100

Possible uses:
Pick Locks 89% |1d100
Computer Operation 93% |1d100

Computer Hacking 83% |1d100
Surveillance Systems 68% |1d100


As the debris falling cuts through the silence James curses himself for his carelessness, What the fuck is wrong with you dumbass?! Are you still a goddamn noob trying to learn how to shut the fuck up? Once the silence returns the spy calms internally a bit and carries on into the new room. Maybe there isn't anyone here to hear me if they didn't hear that racket. Once James makes the determination that the room had been purposefully scrubbed he sets to work trying to find anything that may have been missed. He stays as quiet as possible, (Prowl) and keeps an eye out for any traps that may have been left, (Detect Concealment).
James
Ledger
[ooc=Conditions]NE-CW20 Camouflage Variable Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
• Helmet: 40/40
• Arms: 20/20, 20/20
• Legs: 30/30, 30/30
• Main Body: 80/80
Modifiers: -5% to acrobatics/gymnastics, -20% for others to detect, +5% to prowl skill
[/ooc]
Image
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
Posts: 587
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s

Re: James: No Man's Land

Post by Underguard »

Conditions wrote:Location: The Warrens, Merctown
Time/Date: 12:55:00 PM; December 29th, 111PA
Environmental Conditions: 42°F (0°C); Light wind, Cloud cover outside as far as the eye can see.
James is able to traverse the crumbled room slowly and quietly. It looks like the ceiling could completely collapse, taking the house above with it at any point so he will need to move fast. Figuring the computer is a decent place to check, he searches what's left of a large and very alien computer. Burn marks have welded parts of it together and incinerated others, but the spy finds what appears to be a black box, or solid state hard-drive that is relatively intact. The spy knows the value of such a potential find and that almost anything else in here is moot to what could be on that hard-drive.

Taking his queue to leave with a potentially valuable score, James hears some of the debris start to crumble as he ascends through the shaft. There is a sudden thud and a plum of smoke that follows him up from the lab below. Still, James makes it to the surface with the hard-drive in hand.

Back to Brooks and Sharee, or does the Spy have other things in mind?

What are you doing?
AA Professional Services GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Exe (PW GA) || EP Ledger
ImageImage
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
User avatar
James Miller
Posts: 97
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:22 pm

Re: James: No Man's Land

Post by James Miller »

Perception: 95%| 1d100
JIC: 1d20, 1d100

Skills Used:
Computer Operation 93% |1d100
Computer Operation 93% |1d100
Computer Hacking 83% |1d100
Computer Hacking 83% |1d100

Detect Concealment 58% | 1d100


As the building comes down and James narrowly escapes a premature sarcophagus, the spy has to smile a little on the inside, Just in nick of time, just like the old stories. As he gets himself situated back on the surface, James weighs his options moving forward, I am sure there is little more I can find in this mess so I guess its time to head back to Brooks and Sharee. He takes one step in the direction of the hovercraft before a thought occurs to him. I still am not a hundred percent sure these two are actually on my side. I should grab myself some leverage. Working quickly even for him, James tries to make a copy of the drive on his own computer's partitioned drive, (Computer Operation, Computer Hacking).

If he is successful:

James takes a round about route back to his new teammates scanning to make sure the are is clear and the hovercraft had not been compromised, (Detect Concealment). Once he is happy with the area still being clean, James will get back to Brooks and Sharee and hand over the hard-drive saying, "Good news and bad news. The building came down but I was able to pull this out of a computer in the basement. Want me to try see what's on it?"

If he is unsuccessful:

Son of a fucking bitch!!! What is the deal today, my shit is just not working for me. I am going to have to find a better system to try and crack this. hopefully the computer I wanted installed back at the hanger is there. I should be able to open it with that system. Hiding the hard-drive in his pack, James takes a round about route back to his new teammates scanning to make sure the are is clear and the hovercraft had not been compromised, (Detect Concealment). Once he is happy with the area still being clean, James will get back to Brooks and Sharee saying, "Bad news and bad news. The building was heavily damaged and ended up coming down almost on my head. I also didn't find anything of value, sorry." After a bit of conversation James will add, "I haven't been back to the GIRLS base in a while and maybe there is something I can find on that system that would be helpful. Want to take me there?"
James
Ledger
[ooc=Conditions]NE-CW20 Camouflage Variable Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
• Helmet: 40/40
• Arms: 20/20, 20/20
• Legs: 30/30, 30/30
• Main Body: 80/80
Modifiers: -5% to acrobatics/gymnastics, -20% for others to detect, +5% to prowl skill
[/ooc]
Image
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
Posts: 587
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s

Re: James: No Man's Land

Post by Underguard »

Conditions wrote:Location: Outskirts, Merctown
Time/Date: 1:10:00 PM; December 29th, 111PA
Environmental Conditions: 42°F (0°C); Light wind, Cloud cover outside as far as the eye can see.
James tries to uplink the drive to his own personal computer's drive, however when he does so, James notes that the drive has over four terabytes of information on it. While computers found in officers and corporate centers often have five times that, the personal computers sold to travelers on the market rarely have over a few hundred gigabytes. What's more is that this drive is encrypted in an alien tongue and cipher that James hasn't encountered before; not of this world. It would make sense that it belongs to an alien.

James can be confident, given enough time, he could crack the hard-drive himself but it would take a considerable amount of time and a secure place to work. Either way, James fails to copy the drive, though he did learn some things in the meanwhile and returns to Brooks and Sharee.

Both of them show obvious signs of disappointment that nothing was found but accept James's word at face value. Brooks glances down to Sharee and nods. "Sure thing, hoss. That lead's dead now. Fuck. Sharee, what else we got?" Brooks asks, climbing into the vehicle with James and Sharee in tow.

"Still got those murders. We don't know exactly how they were connected. I'm sure we can dig a little more and find out something. The fenders are cool with calling this case closed but I'm not." Sharee answers through gritted teeth. The Spy's eye sees someone who has lost someone, and recently, and wants payback in Sharee. In Brooks, he almost sees an overprotective big brother; a gentle but brutal giant.

"Right, the murders. Well, your GIRLS had more intel on that after we swapped notes, so it'd be in your comp. Look-" Brooks stops and turns to James while Sharee drives. "I get it man, fresh out of the hospsis, big brute and weird looking girl pick you up to rummage through rubble." Brooks says and Sharee laughs

"Okay that does actually sound bad." Sharee quips through a snort.

"Anyway, I mean to say, you don't gotta trust us or even show us your group's mission reports or whatever you have. We've got a personal stake in this, that's what matters. So, you tell us what you need to piece the puzzle together, and we'll help you. When the time comes to ice the top dog behind all this, you help us." Brooks says, leveling with James and looking him eye to eye. James then remembers that Brooks is possibly the only one he can remember to nonchalantly pick up his tracker he placed like a piece of gum under a table; there could be more to Brooks than meets the eye.

Sharee pulls up to the hanger during Brook's leveling and parks, opening the door outside. Brooks looks to James and nods towards the door. "How do you wanna play it."


What are you doing?
AA Professional Services GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Exe (PW GA) || EP Ledger
ImageImage
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
User avatar
James Miller
Posts: 97
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:22 pm

Re: James: No Man's Land

Post by James Miller »

...Rolls held

James listens intently to Brooks and sees the body language from Sharee and thinks over his mistrust. Trusting new people is not my jam but every skill I have is telling me that these people are being sincere. Fuck me am I getting soft in my old age

James pauses a bit before responding, "Okay, you're right. I don't know either of you at all and have no idea what your involvement in these murders are." He pauses again to weigh his lack of options one more time before continuing, "I am really not the trusting kind but you didn't need to lead me to the building so I guess I don't have much choice but to trust you...a little." The spy pulls the hard-drive from his backpack and but still doesn't hand it over. I found this before the building came down. I tried to break the encryption and copy the data but I need a bigger system to do it. It's obviously alien made which makes sense as the bunker under the building seemed to be made of alien materials." Well there goes the fucking leverage old man. Now they can kill you and take the drive. James keeps his senses alert in case this decision backfires as he assumes it will. If a fight doesn't break out he'll add, "Like I said, I'm sure I can break the encryption if I had a little time and a bigger drive. I can do it at the GIRLS compound or elsewhere if you have a place. I'll share all the data but I keep the drive and a copy of the data for myself and the GIRLS. Does that work for you?"
James
Ledger
[ooc=Conditions]NE-CW20 Camouflage Variable Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
• Helmet: 40/40
• Arms: 20/20, 20/20
• Legs: 30/30, 30/30
• Main Body: 80/80
Modifiers: -5% to acrobatics/gymnastics, -20% for others to detect, +5% to prowl skill
[/ooc]
Image
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
Posts: 587
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s

Re: James: No Man's Land

Post by Underguard »

Conditions wrote:Location: Outskirts, Merctown
Time/Date: 1:20:00 PM; December 29th, 111PA
Environmental Conditions: 42°F (0°C); Light wind, Cloud cover outside as far as the eye can see.
The Paranoid One wrote:"Okay, you're right. I don't know either of you at all and have no idea what your involvement in these murders are." He pauses again to weigh his lack of options one more time before continuing, "I am really not the trusting kind but you didn't need to lead me to the building so I guess I don't have much choice but to trust you...a little." The spy pulls the hard-drive from his backpack and but still doesn't hand it over. "I found this before the building came down. I tried to break the encryption and copy the data but I need a bigger system to do it. It's obviously alien made which makes sense as the bunker under the building seemed to be made of alien materials."
Brooks just listens with a straight face as James lays it out and makes no effort to make a move for the harddrive James is holding, nor does he do much more than glance at it briefly. At the end of James explanation, he nods. "Nice score, I used to know a guy that could've helped you crack that but," Brooks pauses before sighing and shrugging.
James wrote:"Like I said, I'm sure I can break the encryption if I had a little time and a bigger drive. I can do it at the GIRLS compound or elsewhere if you have a place. I'll share all the data but I keep the drive and a copy of the data for myself and the GIRLS. Does that work for you?"
"Consider it a deal, then. We can use your hangar; we have a sleek ride but our living arrangements aren't exactly five star." Brooks says and he gets out of the craft with James and Sharee in tow, standing before the GIRLS Hangar. James is able to access it without issue and finds it undisturbed.

Sharee and Brooks follow James inside with both of them finding a place to sit in the commons, Sharee plopping on the couch. "So, we cool to chill here while you do your techie techie stuff?" Sharee asks, looking for a remote or controller for the Merctown net connection.

"And you can consider us on-site security while you work." Brooks adds with a grin.

Skills are your friend, go into as much detail about describing your hack on the drive with your skills as you want. You will be writing for several hours worth of time (depending on rolls, could be more or less)

What are you doing?
AA Professional Services GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Exe (PW GA) || EP Ledger
ImageImage
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
Locked

Return to “GIRLS Adventure Archives”