Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Palladium Fantasy Archives

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

User avatar
Bonk Boree
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:20 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Post by Bonk Boree »

Perception: 1d100 = 96: 96/48%
JIC: 1d20 = 5: 5/ 1d100 = 8: 8
Ya-Blik wrote:Down in the common room, Bonk and Fox are at a table and the Ogre indicates he is not an Earthshaker but a singer of some kind. The young human boy looks disappointed and turns to leave, “Oh well.”
Bonk shrugs as the little boy wanders off. "Everyone is critic," he chuckles to Tindish and Fox. I'll take that reaction over kids running away screaming any day, he adds to himself.
Fox wrote:"I think I will need to go to the place were they keep my account and arrange for Trask to be allowed access while I am out of town. I may need him along for it to be finalized, but setting it up I can probably start without him.".
Bonk gives Fox a questioning look. "Friend Fox is still set on personal quest, enh? Bonk is sometimes as dense as he looks, so he apologizes for stupid question -- but why is quest so important as to leave Trask Gang?"
Tindish wrote:Tindish's brow furrows, "How rude." He turns to reinsure Bonk, "You have a beautiful voice sir. Don't let this little boy discourage you." Then his eyes light up as he comes up with an idea. "I have it! Why don't you perform or the whole tavern?" Without even giving Bonk an opportunity to respond Tinidsh stands up and loudly calls for the waitress.

"Oh miss! Oh miss! My esteemed travel companion here would like to offer a bit of entertainment to your wonderful guests!" Tindish will gesture for Bonk to stand up. "Come on, you can do it. Let them see you shine!" Tinidsh will raise his arms excited, "Ladies and gentlemen! The one. The only! Bonk!" He will sit down smiling, Bonk is gonna love this, and very pleased with himself.
When Bonk realizes what Tindish is trying to do he tries to protest and stop him from doing so, but of course by then it's too late and the little bugger's gotten the attention of the tavern. I guess we're actually doing this, then... He stands and raises himself to his full height (or at least as close to it as the floor joists above him will allow). "Good ladies! Good gentlemen! You have shown Bonk warm hospitality and he wishes to say 'thank you' with song very popular in Basst. Feel free to clap along if you recognize!"

He starts tapping his foot in rhythm as he starts off singing:

"A long time ago, way back in history,
When all there was to drink was nothin but cups of tea.
Along came a man by the name of Charlie Mops,
And he invented a wonderful drink and he made it out of hops.

He must have been an admiral a sultan or a king,
And to his praises we shall always sing.
Look what he has done for us he's filled us up with cheer!
Gods bless Charlie Mops, the man who invented beer beer beer
Tiddly beer beer beer.

The Curtis bar, the James' Pub, the Hole in the Wall as well
One thing you can be sure of, its Charlie's beer they sell
So all ye lads a lasses at eleven O'clock ye stop
For five short seconds, remember Charlie Mops
1... 2... 3... 4... 5...

He must have been an admiral a sultan or a king,
And to his praises we shall always sing.
Look what he has done for us he's filled us up with cheer!
Gods bless Charlie Mops, the man who invented beer beer beer
Tiddly beer beer beer

A barrel of malt, a bushel of hops, you stir it around with a stick,
The kind of lubrication to make your engine tick.
40 pints of wallop a day will keep away the quacks.
Its only eight pence hapenny and one and six in tax,
1... 2... 3... 4... 5...

He must have been an admiral a sultan or a king,
And to his praises we shall always sing.
Look what he has done for us he's filled us up with cheer!
Gods bless Charlie Mops, the man who invented beer beer beer
Tiddly beer beer beer.

The Gods bless Charlie Mops!"


Singing -- 52% (EP crit purchase; don't want to crap the bed at the very start of the stay, after all...)

After the song is done, and hopefully Bonk's not kicked out afterwards, he turns to his friends. "Now then... since Gang may be making Llorn home for a while, Bonk figures is good idea to join local Mages Guild. Even better idea is to purchase good map of town an learn where things are, yes? Want to join Bonk in day's adventure?"

He will inquire the waitress/barkeep (while paying for their food/drinks plus a nice tip) as to where he could find the local Mages Guild and/or somewhere he could get a map of the town. Once he gets an idea where to go (or where to start looking) he'll head out.
User avatar
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 275
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:24 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Post by Fox »

(Rolls carried over)

Fox considers what to say, "There is something important I want, something that I can only get one place that I know of. The only way to get it really, is to have the one who has it give it to me. This is the first time I see a chance that I might be able to get it. The first time I might be able to do something that would impress the one who has it enough to consider giving me what I want."

That should not reveal anything about the nature of what he is after or of the place it is found, while conveying the strength of my desire,
Fox thinks.
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Superior Sense of Smell and Hearing
--Hearing is as keen as a dog's and has the same range of hearing
--Recognize and Track Familiar scent 32% (+4%) range 50', re-roll every 100' (+10% if mate or offspring)
--Track Blood Scent by smell alone 42% (+4%) Range 1,000'
I.S.P.: 130/70 | H.P.: 37/37 | S.D.C.: 12/26
Horror Factor: 12 | Natural AR: 6
Studded Leather Armor: AR 13, SDC 36, -5% mobility Penalty
Fox the Healer
Image
User avatar
Ya-Blik
Dimension Master
Posts: 134
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:56 am
Location: Palladium Fantasy GM & DM

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Post by Ya-Blik »


Conditions:
Date: 18 May, 345
Time: 1010
Environment: Chilly & wet, light east to west breeze
Location: Llorn


The dwarf looks down at and bows his head slightly at Old Thom, "Thank you, is there anybody specifically around whom I should ask for when I go? However, it is not as simple as just wanting to sign up as an investigator for the Merchants Guild. As good as I am at many things, I am not a trained tracker or interrogator. The reason I have approached you is that I wish to engage your assistance to become worthy of being one of the Master Collectors."

The gnome cocks an eyebrow and takes a small step back to give Durak an appraising look as he rests the palm of his hand on the broadsword's hilt and drums his fingers for several lengthy moments, “I suppose I could find a use for you. I was approached via pigeon with a prospective job for some merchants from Wisdom last week ... but I was in the middle of a job for employers here in Llorn. The Wisdom job is going to require some muscle.” The little fellow begins to absently walk around Durak looking him up and down like his old drill instructors from the Red Brigade, and not unlike he himself had done to recruits during periodic inspections, “Whacking things with a hammer at a forge is not going to help you as a Collector ... You claim to be skilled at ... something, and I could help you learn tracking, investigations, interrogations ... any number of things, but tell me about those skills you have so I know how much of a damn project taking on a big-bristly-beard like you would be ...”

----

Down in the common room, the boy's crestfallen face turns and he makes it a few steps when Tindish declares, "How rude." He turns to reinsure Bonk, "You have a beautiful voice sir. Don't let this little boy discourage you." Then his eyes light up as he comes up with an idea. "I have it! Why don't you perform or the whole tavern?" Bonk shrugs as the little boy wanders off. "Everyone is critic," he chuckles.

The sound of chairs scraping back abruptly and you see that a large man (strongly resembling the boy) with a heavy looking mace appears to have taken issue with your statements, "Oi!! My-Olver wasn't rude at all you lil shit. He was lookin to meet an Earthshaker, yer big Ogre isn't. Thas not rude, is like if I said 'Are you Jym?' and you weren't ... "

Without giving Bonk an opportunity to respond Tindish stands up and loudly calls for the waitress. "Oh miss! Oh miss! My esteemed travel companion here would like to offer a bit of entertainment to your wonderful guests!" The matronly woman who took your orders is the apparent most senior staff and she seems quite squarely to be nodding at the boy's father(?), "Everyone likes them Earthshakers. Good folk."

Ever the promoter Tindish gestures for Bonk to stand up, "Come on, you can do it. Let them see you shine!" Tinidsh will raise his arms excited, "Ladies and gentlemen! The one. The only! Bonk!"

Bonk tries to protest but eventually stands and raises himself to his full height (or at least as close to it as the floor joists above him will allow). "Good ladies! Good gentlemen! You have shown Bonk warm hospitality and he wishes to say 'thank you' with song very popular in Basst. Feel free to clap along if you recognize!" He starts tapping his foot in rhythm as he starts off singing:

"A long time ago, way back in history,
When all there was to drink was nothin but cups of tea.
Along came a man by the name of Charlie Mops,
And he invented a wonderful drink and he made it out of hops.

He must have been an admiral a sultan or a king,
And to his praises we shall always sing.
Look what he has done for us he's filled us up with cheer!
Gods bless Charlie Mops, the man who invented beer beer beer
Tiddly beer beer beer.

The Curtis bar, the James' Pub, the Hole in the Wall as well
One thing you can be sure of, its Charlie's beer they sell
So all ye lads a lasses at eleven O'clock ye stop
For five short seconds, remember Charlie Mops
1... 2... 3... 4... 5...

He must have been an admiral a sultan or a king,
And to his praises we shall always sing.
Look what he has done for us he's filled us up with cheer!
Gods bless Charlie Mops, the man who invented beer beer beer
Tiddly beer beer beer

A barrel of malt, a bushel of hops, you stir it around with a stick,
The kind of lubrication to make your engine tick.
40 pints of wallop a day will keep away the quacks.
Its only eight pence hapenny and one and six in tax,
1... 2... 3... 4... 5...

He must have been an admiral a sultan or a king,
And to his praises we shall always sing.
Look what he has done for us he's filled us up with cheer!
Gods bless Charlie Mops, the man who invented beer beer beer
Tiddly beer beer beer.

The Gods bless Charlie Mops!"


As the song comes to a close, there is some sporadic clapping from a couple spots in the room. The boy is sitting and looks to have enjoyed the song, while the father is watching Tindish in a not-too-friendly manner. Bonk turns to his friends, "Now then... since Gang may be making Llorn home for a while, Bonk figures is good idea to join local Mages Guild. Even better idea is to purchase good map of town an learn where things are, yes? Want to join Bonk in day's adventure?"

Fox offers up that he intends to leave and take a trip, something which Bonk questions, even as the Kankoran considers that if he arrives back in the valley of his youth he may very well received scathing penalties for himself having left and that it is unlikely (based upon Fox never having seen an exception besides maybe the Court Wizard/Nobles) that he will be granted permission to leave again [See Rule Below that is Known to Fox].

OOC: (PF Book 6: PG 51)
  • In general there are only a few laws in the Valley. They are so well understood and accepted by the residents that they are rarely talked about or disobeyed. There are also other minor "unspoken" laws and rules of conduct known and practiced by the inhabitants.
    Rule #5 GET AN INVITATION! DO NOT ENTER OR LEAVE THE VALLEY WITHOUT ONE! If you plan on visiting The Fortress, you should first request and wait for an invitation. When you plan to leave The Fortress make sure you ask for permission. The same goes for entering and leaving The Valley. You need an invitation to enter the valley or be subject to interrogation, likewise you must notify the authorities when you are leaving. If you plan on coming back, you must get a re-entry permit (invitation). Leave without a re-entry permit and don't plan on coming back.





What are you doing?
User avatar
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 275
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:24 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Post by Fox »

Perception (49%): 1d100 = 100: 100
JIC: 1d20 = 20: 20
JIC%: 1d100 = 20: 20

Now that he is actually thinking about going back to the Valley he suddenly remembers what that odd little crystal item he has is...or at least part of what it is. It is his pass, the thing he will need to show the guards so they know he is allowed to return. For some reason, he could not remember that until now. It was given him by Sir Archie, the court magician, before he left. Archie helped train him in healing and brought him to the valley in the first place as a cub after the raid that destroyed the temple of healing. He will have to recover the "Crystal Compass" from storage before he leaves.

First, however, he needs to finish arranging things so that Trask can invest his money while he is gone. Investing money, now there is something of a new concept for Fox. It is not something tribal Kankorans have ever thought of.

There is no question in his mind about going back, it was always his intention to return, when he had gained enough skill to join the Knights of the Crystal Castle. He is getting close, and he has something important to tell them. It is time to return.

There is some question about whether he will come back here after though, few of the Knights ever leave the valley. That is the real reason for the investment, if he does not return it will be there for the others.

He will congratulate Bonk, "A gleeful song indeed." Beer may not be his drink of choice, but drinking songs are popular, even among canids.
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Superior Sense of Smell and Hearing
--Hearing is as keen as a dog's and has the same range of hearing
--Recognize and Track Familiar scent 32% (+4%) range 50', re-roll every 100' (+10% if mate or offspring)
--Track Blood Scent by smell alone 42% (+4%) Range 1,000'
I.S.P.: 130/70 | H.P.: 37/37 | S.D.C.: 12/26
Horror Factor: 12 | Natural AR: 6
Studded Leather Armor: AR 13, SDC 36, -5% mobility Penalty
Fox the Healer
Image
User avatar
Tolliver Trask
Group Leader
Posts: 179
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:54 pm
Contact:

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Post by Tolliver Trask »

Perception: 1d100 = 40: 40/65%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 1: 1; 1d100 = 92: 92
Conditions: Sixth Sense, Resistant to Cold, Invisible Armor.

Trask lounges in the comfort of his room, sipping whiskey by the glass. "Utu, my lord... I am at a loss, while I am used to leading men, I am more used to being the middleman of other powers. I am unaccustomed to being the sole source of leadership. I am unworthy of your direct guidance, but I beseech you to offer me wisdom as to what to do." Trask says in prayer to his dark but misunderstood god.

Trask slumps back down into his chair. "We need a new job, I've never been good at time off."
Suicide King
Tolliver Trask
"Tonight, boys, we're eating like kings. We've all tasted death too much it seems." ~Shawn James
P.P.E.: 10/10
I.S.P.: 38/38
H.P.: 39/39
S.D.C.: 71/71
Constant Effects
Sixth Sense, Impervious to Fire, Resistant to Cold.
Temporary Effects
None.
Weapons in Hand
Dwarven Longsword
Armor Worn
Mjorgullan Mail Uncommon Enchanted Splint (half)
• A.R.: 12
• S.D.C.: 40/40
Tower Shield of the Hex Rare Enchanted Large Wood & Metal Plated Shield
• Indestructible
User avatar
Tindish
Posts: 87
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:46 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Post by Tindish »

Perception: 1d100 = 38: 38 vs 33% +25% vs Concealment, Camouflage, & Palming (skills) & vs non-magic/psionic illusions
JIC: 1d20 = 18: 18 and 1d100 = 58: 58

When Bonk finishes Tindish stands in an out pour of clapping and applause, "Bravo. Bravo." Tindish pauses for a moment to wipe a single tear from his eye. "Lyrical genius. Musical beauty. Bravo Bonk. Bravo!" when Tinidsh sees the man peering at him with contempt he decides to ignore it, Hateful man. The apple hasn't fallen too far from the tree. Tindish turns back to Bonk, "Oh so well done! Should we every find ourselves looking for a way to pay bills, I imagine you would do very well!"

When Bonk offers a trip around Llorn Tindish nods, "I would love to explore this great city and see what it has to offer. Lead the way!"

Fox wrote:He will congratulate Bonk, "A gleeful song indeed." Beer may not be his drink of choice, but drinking songs are popular, even among canids.


Tindish replies to Fox, "Indeed, good fox. Indeed." Then Tindish realizes that Fox has been rather silent, "You have been rather quiet sir Fox. Is everything ok? Your seem burdened. Is there something we can help you with?"
Tindish Character Sheet

Constant Abilities:
Night vision: 400ft, Day Vision: 40ft
*Sixth Sense
ISP: 112/115
HP: 20/20
SDC: 21/21
Armor: A.R:13, S.D.C.: 34/38
User avatar
Durak
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 208
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Post by Durak »

Perception 53% 1d100 = 90: 90
JIC 1d20 = 12: 12 1d100 = 34: 34
Ya-Blik wrote:The gnome cocks an eyebrow and takes a small step back to give Durak an appraising look as he rests the palm of his hand on the broadsword's hilt and drums his fingers for several lengthy moments, “I suppose I could find a use for you. I was approached via pigeon with a prospective job for some merchants from Wisdom last week ... but I was in the middle of a job for employers here in Llorn. The Wisdom job is going to require some muscle.” The little fellow begins to absently walk around Durak looking him up and down like his old drill instructors from the Red Brigade, and not unlike he himself had done to recruits during periodic inspections, “Whacking things with a hammer at a forge is not going to help you as a Collector ... You claim to be skilled at ... something, and I could help you learn tracking, investigations, interrogations ... any number of things, but tell me about those skills you have so I know how much of a damn project taking on a big-bristly-beard like you would be ...”

"You be asking what I can do," Durak chuckles, as he starts going through them, "Yes, I was specialist for the Red Brigade, but that does not just mean knowing how to fix things, I know how to fight, I can find things out in the city, people and items, speak multiple languages, find ways through barriers be it going above, below or through, putting together information in a useful fashion and I have a good working knowledge of all the settlements in the Eastern Territory."

When he hears the singing from downstairs, there is no mistaking Bonk's voice; he just can't help himself.

"I would like to say I have access to a highly trained mercenary group, but they do have skills that complement each other," Durak makes himself heard over Bonk's singing, "so if this job in Wisdom does require some muscle, we have plenty to spare. Our group just dealt with one of the main bases the orcs have been using."
Durak
HP 40
SDC 59
Cloak of protection AR12 SDC 50 Impervious to Fire
Bracers AR15
Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft,
Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
User avatar
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 275
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:24 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Post by Fox »

Tindish wrote:Tindish replies to Fox, "Indeed, good fox. Indeed." Then Tindish realizes that Fox has been rather silent, "You have been rather quiet sir Fox. Is everything ok? Your seem burdened. Is there something we can help you with?"
Fox is pensive, but eventually replies, "There is someone I know, they taught me much of what I know of healing. They live not far from Timiro, which may put them on the path of the Orcs and those who drove the this way. I want to go and warn them. but Trask does not think it worth the trouble. I may have to go on my own, I owe this person my life...the debt must be paid."

There is considerably more of course, things about his stay in the valley and his desire to gain a Crystal Sword and join the ranks of the valley elite, but he was told he could not gain a sword without first being a knight. They would not train him as a Knight because he was a Healer and they wanted him to be a healer more, so he had to leave to get the training to be a knight. Now that he has that training he may have a chance...and with a good reason to return he finds that chance irresistible.
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Superior Sense of Smell and Hearing
--Hearing is as keen as a dog's and has the same range of hearing
--Recognize and Track Familiar scent 32% (+4%) range 50', re-roll every 100' (+10% if mate or offspring)
--Track Blood Scent by smell alone 42% (+4%) Range 1,000'
I.S.P.: 130/70 | H.P.: 37/37 | S.D.C.: 12/26
Horror Factor: 12 | Natural AR: 6
Studded Leather Armor: AR 13, SDC 36, -5% mobility Penalty
Fox the Healer
Image
User avatar
Ya-Blik
Dimension Master
Posts: 134
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:56 am
Location: Palladium Fantasy GM & DM

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Post by Ya-Blik »



Conditions:
Date: 18 May, 345
Time: 1020
Environment: Chilly & wet, light east to west breeze
Location: Llorn


Trask begins to sink a bit into his cups as Old Thom affixes Durak with a curious look at his claims, "So you can find things? Well that's the job itself isn't it? But you want help with tracking and investigatin? ... I suppose that's not too much of a time sink. You have some comrades eh? Are they looking to join the Coalition Merchant’s Guild? ... How many in this Mercenary Band, I am not looking to split payment 20 ways or some such foolishness. By my best estimate, I probably need another 3, maybe 4 ... and I could see my way to part of my payment going to this Merc group if they are as good as you hope. We would have to move fast, the job was to track and retrieve a shipment of medical and alchemist supplies bound for Southwatch. They were ambushed a day's ride south of the Great River ... near a town called Greenbough. Bandits came up on them and only a few managed to survive. Job's worth maybe 30,000 on your end, but as time expires, those goods could be headed for Kaash, out to Haven or any of a hundred other towns. They could get split up, or used up, or drank by some Witch ... in which case we get nothing. Now are you sure you wanna roll those dice Axe-man?"

Fox, Tindish, and Bonk try to decide what to do with their free time, though Fox citing a debt to be paid; seems to be in the process of saying a good-bye and departing for other endeavors .
User avatar
Bonk Boree
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:20 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Post by Bonk Boree »

Perception: 1d100 = 64: 64/48%
JIC: 1d20 = 10: 10/ 1d100 = 1: 1
Ya-Blik wrote:The sound of chairs scraping back abruptly and you see that a large man (strongly resembling the boy) with a heavy looking mace appears to have taken issue with your statements, "Oi!! My-Olver wasn't rude at all you lil shit. He was lookin to meet an Earthshaker, yer big Ogre isn't. Thas not rude, is like if I said 'Are you Jym?' and you weren't ... "

Without giving Bonk an opportunity to respond Tindish stands up and loudly calls for the waitress. "Oh miss! Oh miss! My esteemed travel companion here would like to offer a bit of entertainment to your wonderful guests!" The matronly woman who took your orders is the apparent most senior staff and she seems quite squarely to be nodding at the boy's father(?), "Everyone likes them Earthshakers. Good folk."
Bonk raises his hands. "Please to forgive little traveling buddy good sir. Is good person at heart, but is very enthusiastic... and sometimes enthusiasm causes tongue to outrun brain." He shrugs with a sheepish grin. "Perhaps you and young Oliver have favorite drink on menu, eh? Or perhaps favorite treat?" He switches glances between Oliver's dad and the matronly waitress. "But is question. Both Bonk and traveling buddy are quite new to Llorn and both have much to learn. Who are these 'Earthshakers,' please -- aside from being 'good folk,' that is?"
Fox wrote: "There is something important I want, something that I can only get one place that I know of. The only way to get it really, is to have the one who has it give it to me. This is the first time I see a chance that I might be able to get it. The first time I might be able to do something that would impress the one who has it enough to consider giving me what I want."
Bonk nods. "Is very careful answer, friend Fox. Careful answers are like locks on sealed chests -- they imply treasure within but make clear that getting to said treasure will be very difficult indeed." Probably doesn't trust us, Bonk adds to himself, and I can't say I blame him. He's only known us for a short time. No telling how long he's known Trask and 'Not-Trask' -- Durak. Durak. Must stop calling him 'Not-Trask.' Was funny to begin with but that's gotten old by now.
Fox wrote:He will congratulate Bonk, "A gleeful song indeed." Beer may not be his drink of choice, but drinking songs are popular, even among canids.
Bonk takes a bow. "Bonk thanks you. All songs have proper time and place, my friend -- sad ones, happy ones, holy ones, vulgar ones -- but happy one in morning can set good tone for whole day."
Fox wrote:Fox is pensive, but eventually replies, "There is someone I know, they taught me much of what I know of healing. They live not far from Timiro, which may put them on the path of the Orcs and those who drove the this way. I want to go and warn them. but Trask does not think it worth the trouble. I may have to go on my own, I owe this person my life...the debt must be paid."
Bonks rubs his chin. "Is there not way to warn said person without being in person? College in Basst had ways of communicating over distance. Could we send magical pigeon with message? Then friend Fox can stay with gang and friend Fox's friend gets warning. Bonk sees this as absolute win."
Tindish wrote:When Bonk offers a trip around Llorn Tindish nods, "I would love to explore this great city and see what it has to offer. Lead the way!"
Bonk nods with a grin and asks the waitress/barkeep where the local Mages Guild is (or at least a place where he can get a good map of the city). Assuming she has answers he'll pay his tab (with a nice tip) and head out.
User avatar
Tindish
Posts: 87
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:46 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Post by Tindish »

Perception: 1d100 = 36: 36 vs 30% +25% vs Concealment, Camouflage, & Palming (skills) & vs non-magic/psionic illusions
JIC: 1d20 = 20: 20 and 1d100 = 41: 41

Bonk Boree wrote:Bonk raises his hands. "Please to forgive little traveling buddy good sir. Is good person at heart, but is very enthusiastic... and sometimes enthusiasm causes tongue to outrun brain." He shrugs with a sheepish grin. "Perhaps you and young Oliver have favorite drink on menu, eh? Or perhaps favorite treat?" He switches glances between Oliver's dad and the matronly waitress. "But is question. Both Bonk and traveling buddy are quite new to Llorn and both have much to learn. Who are these 'Earthshakers,' please -- aside from being 'good folk,' that is?"


Tindish watches as Bonk apologizes for him with a scrunched nose and eyes tightened. Uncultured pink skins. And they call us monsters. Closed minded beasts of burden. Then says to Bonk, "That was very, generous, of you my friend. It seems the appreciation for finer things may be lost of some of the residents in this great city." He then turns to the the waitress waiting for the answer, They love the earthshakers. He is right it is intriguing. Tinidsh decides not to interject further as concern the backwards culture of Llorn may not appreciate his upbringing.

A new lesson learned every day. They don't enjoy showers. They have no appreciation for good music. They have no appreciation for those that save them. I must remember to express my thoughts to Mr. Trask. Indeed, we should seek our land outside of Llorn. There in ability to appreciate may one day bring them much bigger troubles.

Map in place or directions given Tindish will walk with Bonk to the local Mages guild. "What is the plan for when we get there?" he will ask. Along the way he will take in the surroundings, looking for places that manufacture weapons and such. Noting their locations and clientele he might see. "It seems good sir, I may have a wandering soul. I feel it may be time to start a new journey, even though we have only yet arrived in this new grand city. I feel we have not been embraced, or even worse. We are, well, unrecognized. These people seem to, well, go about their lives, oblivious, to what is happening outside the city. We are the great orc slayers of the Trask gang and have yet to be thanked." Tinidsh walks with his head down wondering, how is it so many people could live together not knowing there are small groups fighting to keep them safe? Or is it even worse? Do they just not care?"
Tindish Character Sheet

Constant Abilities:
Night vision: 400ft, Day Vision: 40ft
*Sixth Sense
ISP: 112/115
HP: 20/20
SDC: 21/21
Armor: A.R:13, S.D.C.: 34/38
User avatar
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 275
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:24 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Post by Fox »

Perception (49%): 1d100 = 70: 70
JIC: 1d20 = 4: 4
JIC%: 1d100 = 35: 35

Fox thinks, If only it were that simple.

Fox replies, "My trainer says you can not contact that place by magic, but he did not explain why. Not that I would understand if he did explain, Magic I do not know."

Even if Fox did know, he could not explain it.

Now, there is a chance that they can withstand an army, but that chance is a lot better if they are warned of said army in advance. Given that it is hard to get into the Valley without an invitation (and knowing where it is), Fox pretty much has to be the one to go.
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Superior Sense of Smell and Hearing
--Hearing is as keen as a dog's and has the same range of hearing
--Recognize and Track Familiar scent 32% (+4%) range 50', re-roll every 100' (+10% if mate or offspring)
--Track Blood Scent by smell alone 42% (+4%) Range 1,000'
I.S.P.: 130/70 | H.P.: 37/37 | S.D.C.: 12/26
Horror Factor: 12 | Natural AR: 6
Studded Leather Armor: AR 13, SDC 36, -5% mobility Penalty
Fox the Healer
Image
User avatar
Durak
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 208
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Post by Durak »

Perception 53% 1d100 = 71: 71
JIC 1d20 = 13: 13 1d100 = 51: 51
Ya-Blik wrote:Trask begins to sink a bit into his cups as Old Thom affixes Durak with a curious look at his claims, "So you can find things? Well that's the job itself isn't it? But you want help with tracking and investigatin? ... I suppose that's not too much of a time sink. You have some comrades eh? Are they looking to join the Coalition Merchant’s Guild? ... How many in this Mercenary Band, I am not looking to split payment 20 ways or some such foolishness. By my best estimate, I probably need another 3, maybe 4 ... and I could see my way to part of my payment going to this Merc group if they are as good as you hope. We would have to move fast, the job was to track and retrieve a shipment of medical and alchemist supplies bound for Southwatch. They were ambushed a day's ride south of the Great River ... near a town called Greenbough. Bandits came up on them and only a few managed to survive. Job's worth maybe 30,000 on your end, but as time expires, those goods could be headed for Kaash, out to Haven or any of a hundred other towns. They could get split up, or used up, or drank by some Witch ... in which case we get nothing. Now are you sure you wanna roll those dice Axe-man?"

"Durak and the last time we rolled the dice, several of us helped find, then kill the dragon," Durak strokes his beard as he lets that sink in, "we just also took out one of the Orc Encampments causing problems in the area. Getting these supplies back is the sort of job I'd be looking for."

Now can we do this job? Not like danger is a problem for us. Just make sure Trask isn't too drunk first before introducing and maybe stop Tindish from speaking and trying to rip him off. Those supplies will no doubt be needed and Thoth knows I won't let them down, especially any Red Brigade forces there.

"Five of us, none of them mentioned joining the guild, thought it might be an option for a couple of them, we have transport already and we can move fast and light. Now, anything else we find with these robbers is fair game for salvage, except presumably anything obviously belonging to a guild member, in which case presumably that would be subject to its own bounty? I ask these questions because I am pre-empting some of my associates."

Providing Old Thom agrees, Durak finds out where he wants them to meet and goes to find Trask. Knocking on the door, he calls through to the mercenary.

"Trask, got a job for the unit worth 30k, but we will need to be ready quickly."
Durak
HP 40
SDC 59
Cloak of protection AR12 SDC 50 Impervious to Fire
Bracers AR15
Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft,
Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
User avatar
Ya-Blik
Dimension Master
Posts: 134
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:56 am
Location: Palladium Fantasy GM & DM

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Post by Ya-Blik »



Conditions:
Date: 18 May, 345
Time: 1025
Environment: Chilly & wet, light east to west breeze
Location: Llorn



Old Thom cocks an eyebrow at the Dwarf, "Durak? Durak what? ... >once a name is given< ... In the last week I've met 2 dozen who claimed they stepped in to help kill that Dragon. Hell if it was 1/2 the size they claim, it probably took 1/2 the city. I have only tangled with a couple dragons in my years. Neither time was pleasant. Very well Durak __>name<___ if you and your friends are as good as you claim, then come on along. I'll show you the ropes, and even walk you into the Guild office and recommend you to a few friends to have them toss you work commensurate with your skills. As for the rest of the shipment, well medical stuff bound for the front line isn't something to pillage. But transporting it to Southwatch isn't something any would do for free. I don't know about other payment though, just that my client's stuff was taken." Durak then proceeds down to advise Trask that he has located a job.

Bonk receives a noncommital but not rude shrug from the boy's father before the waitress chimes in that "The Earthshakers are an elite unit in Llorn's Red Brigade. A full company of Wizards, Warlocks and over 1000 Ogres many of whom themselves use magic, are psychics, or have special training ..." She goes on to boast that the Earthshakers can defeat any comparable force in the East and probably could win if outnumbered 3 to 1, and that the Earthshakers recently had to jump in when a dragon assaulted the City.

Fox and Tindish discuss Fox's desire to depart and Tindish proceeds to semi-silently pass judgment on Llorn, the largest city he has ever been in by a factor of 10, as also a city-of-the-ungrateful (based on his extensive 3 hours of having been here).
User avatar
Tolliver Trask
Group Leader
Posts: 179
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:54 pm
Contact:

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Post by Tolliver Trask »

Perception: 1d100 = 10: 10/65%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 3: 3; 1d100 = 32: 32
Conditions: Sixth Sense, Resistant to Cold, Invisible Armor.
Durak wrote:Knocking on the door, he calls through to the mercenary.

"Trask, got a job for the unit worth 30k, but we will need to be ready quickly."
Trask stops mid-pour of his third glass of whiskey, sets the bottle down and makes his way to the door. Opening it a bit he looks at Durak. "Thirty thousand, not a fortune, but that really depends on what the work is. So what is the job, and how quickly do we need to be ready?" The one eyed former sergeant of the Red brigade asks. Please be good, I need something to do.
Suicide King
Tolliver Trask
"Tonight, boys, we're eating like kings. We've all tasted death too much it seems." ~Shawn James
P.P.E.: 10/10
I.S.P.: 38/38
H.P.: 39/39
S.D.C.: 71/71
Constant Effects
Sixth Sense, Impervious to Fire, Resistant to Cold.
Temporary Effects
None.
Weapons in Hand
Dwarven Longsword
Armor Worn
Mjorgullan Mail Uncommon Enchanted Splint (half)
• A.R.: 12
• S.D.C.: 40/40
Tower Shield of the Hex Rare Enchanted Large Wood & Metal Plated Shield
• Indestructible
User avatar
Durak
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 208
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Post by Durak »

rolls carried
Ya-Blik wrote:Old Thom cocks an eyebrow at the Dwarf, "Durak? Durak what? ... >once a name is given< ... In the last week I've met 2 dozen who claimed they stepped in to help kill that Dragon. Hell if it was 1/2 the size they claim, it probably took 1/2 the city. I have only tangled with a couple dragons in my years. Neither time was pleasant. Very well Durak __>name<___ if you and your friends are as good as you claim, then come on along. I'll show you the ropes, and even walk you into the Guild office and recommend you to a few friends to have them toss you work commensurate with your skills. As for the rest of the shipment, well medical stuff bound for the front line isn't something to pillage. But transporting it to Southwatch isn't something any would do for free. I don't know about other payment though, just that my client's stuff was taken."
"Stonesplitter," Durak replies, "Having been in the middle of it, certainly felt like half the city was fighting the dragon by the end."

Tolliver Trask wrote:Opening it a bit he looks at Durak. "Thirty thousand, not a fortune, but that really depends on what the work is. So what is the job, and how quickly do we need to be ready?" The one eyed former sergeant of the Red brigade asks. Please be good, I need something to do.
"the job is to track and retrieve a shipment of medical and alchemist supplies bound for Southwatch. They were ambushed a day's ride south of the Great River ... near a town called Greenbough. Bandits came up on them and only a few managed to survive. We will be working with Old Thom with the Master Collectors. Do a good job and it'll open up another avenue of employment. We have maybe a few hours at most to tidy up any affairs and head out, though I think the sooner the better."
Durak
HP 40
SDC 59
Cloak of protection AR12 SDC 50 Impervious to Fire
Bracers AR15
Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft,
Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
User avatar
Tindish
Posts: 87
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:46 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Post by Tindish »

Perception: 1d100 = 90: 90 vs 30% +25% vs Concealment, Camouflage, & Palming (skills) & vs non-magic/psionic illusions
JIC: 1d20 = 9: 9 and 1d100 = 70: 70

When the waitress starts talking about the earthshakers Tindish feels a tinge of jealousy, She'll talk about us like that one day. Hell, we can take on a force of 3 to 1. We did. Didn't we? Earthshakers. Tindish lets out a slight harrumph, Trask's Gang, one day that will be the name on all their tongues. They don't know it yet, but they will. And when they do... Tindish's thoughts turn to visions of the group riding down main street with all the citizens of Llorn cheering for their return as he smiles and waves back. His lips curl slightly as he smiles at the thought and quietly speaks, "One day."

Before leaving the Inn, Tindish asks Bonk and Fox, "Should we let the other know where we are going? Just in case they need us and all?" Tindish doesn't want to get left behind should something exciting come up and wonders, Shouldn't Trask know where we are going? How does this all work anyway? Being his first gang membership Tindish is confused about how the dynamics should work and all but has a gut feeling that it would be good to keep everyone in the know about where they are going.
Tindish Character Sheet

Constant Abilities:
Night vision: 400ft, Day Vision: 40ft
*Sixth Sense
ISP: 112/115
HP: 20/20
SDC: 21/21
Armor: A.R:13, S.D.C.: 34/38
User avatar
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 275
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:24 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Post by Fox »

Perception (49%)= 1d100 = 96: 96
JIC: 1d20 = 5: 5
JIC%: 1d100 = 71: 71

Fox droops his ears slightly as he considers, "Well, as a Healer, I can not rightly refuse to help. If it is south somewhere, it should not add much time to my trip. I can join you in the recovery effort and start my trip from there."

He thinks, I want to start out for the valley, but I have my healer's oath. Medical supplies bound for those in need clearly are covered by that.

He will collect the rest of his things from storage and say to Trask, "As I may be gone a long time, I wanted to give you permission to handle my funds until I return. Did we have time to stop and get that taken care of on the way? Such things are best done in writing with proper witnesses."
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Superior Sense of Smell and Hearing
--Hearing is as keen as a dog's and has the same range of hearing
--Recognize and Track Familiar scent 32% (+4%) range 50', re-roll every 100' (+10% if mate or offspring)
--Track Blood Scent by smell alone 42% (+4%) Range 1,000'
I.S.P.: 130/70 | H.P.: 37/37 | S.D.C.: 12/26
Horror Factor: 12 | Natural AR: 6
Studded Leather Armor: AR 13, SDC 36, -5% mobility Penalty
Fox the Healer
Image
User avatar
Bonk Boree
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:20 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Post by Bonk Boree »

Perception: 1d100 = 8: 8/48%
JIC: 1d20 = 20: 20/ 1d100 = 78: 78
Ya-Blik wrote:Bonk receives a noncommital but not rude shrug from the boy's father before the waitress chimes in that "The Earthshakers are an elite unit in Llorn's Red Brigade. A full company of Wizards, Warlocks and over 1000 Ogres many of whom themselves use magic, are psychics, or have special training ..." She goes on to boast that the Earthshakers can defeat any comparable force in the East and probably could win if outnumbered 3 to 1, and that the Earthshakers recently had to jump in when a dragon assaulted the City.
"Ogres, you say? And spellcasting ogres?" Bonk blinks. "Well that explains quite a bit!" He nudges Tindish. "Ogre mages, traveling buddy! Bonk is not only one!" He turns to the boy. "Apologies, young friend. Bonk is not Eathshaker, at least not yet. But perhaps one day soon, ya? Then you get to say 'I knew Bonk when...'" he chuckles. "But 'when' can't become 'now' with just sitting here, no? Day will not seize itself." He goes up and pays the tab (including a drink for the boy and his dad) and adds a tidy tip.
Tindish wrote:"Should we let the other know where we are going? Just in case they need us and all?" Tindish doesn't want to get left behind should something exciting come up and wonders, Shouldn't Trask know where we are going? How does this all work anyway? Being his first gang membership Tindish is confused about how the dynamics should work and all but has a gut feeling that it would be good to keep everyone in the know about where they are going.
Bonk nods. "Is good idea." He heads up to Trask's room and finds Durak there as well. "Is good, Bonk gets to kill two birds with one message." He grins at both of them. "Bonk and traveling buddy are heading to local Mage's Guild and become member. Well, Bonk is joining for sure. Traveling buddy, not so sure." He shrugs. "Any leads on new job? Or is that on agenda for today?"
User avatar
Ya-Blik
Dimension Master
Posts: 134
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:56 am
Location: Palladium Fantasy GM & DM

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Post by Ya-Blik »



Conditions:
Date: 18 May, 345
Time: 1030
Environment: Chilly & wet, light east to west breeze
Location: Llorn


Bonk, Tindish and Fox receive a short explanation of the Earthshakers moniker and the Wizardly-Ogre contemplates adding membership to his bucket-list. The steps and floorboards squeak and groan ever so slightly as the trio turn and head upstairs to announce their impending departure. At the head of the stairs they spy Durak speaking with Trask who appears to be contemplating, whatever is being said as he leans heavily on the doorframe of what is presumably his room.

OOC: Not moving you guys too far along since leader is in Tracker for a few more days.
User avatar
Tindish
Posts: 87
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:46 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Post by Tindish »

Perception: 1d100 = 55: 55 vs 30% +25% vs Concealment, Camouflage, & Palming (skills) & vs non-magic/psionic illusions
JIC: 1d20 = 19: 19 and 1d100 = 27: 27

Tindsh walks behind Bonk, He can shake some earth! on the way up the stairs he says, "One day, they will talk about us like that? Little children will ask, are you with the Trask gang?" with the briefest of pauses as the glorious thought sprout in his mind he finishes, "Yes sir! One day."

Seeing Durak and Trask talking Tindish wonders, Could we have work? Bonk tells the two of his and Tindish's intentions and Tindish waits to see what Trask has to say. Could be work. Could be Durak just letting Trask know where he is going to be. Could be work though. The anticipation rife through his mind he finds he can not wait and asks, "Do we have a job? Is that what you guys are talking about?" Tindish smiles anticipatingly. Hopeful they will be back on their way to glorious adventure and fame, Glorious fame!
Tindish Character Sheet

Constant Abilities:
Night vision: 400ft, Day Vision: 40ft
*Sixth Sense
ISP: 112/115
HP: 20/20
SDC: 21/21
Armor: A.R:13, S.D.C.: 34/38
User avatar
Durak
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 208
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Post by Durak »

Perception 53% 1d100 = 81: 81
JIC 1d20 = 12: 12 1d100 = 9: 9

Durak hears Bonk coming up the stairs before he sees him. Subtle this group is not at times
Tindish wrote:Do we have a job? Is that what you guys are talking about?" Tindish smiles anticipatingly. Hopeful they will be back on their way to glorious adventure and fame, Glorious fame!
Durak turns to see Bonk and Tindish and waves them over.

"The job is to track and retrieve a shipment of medical and alchemist supplies bound for Southwatch. They were ambushed a day's ride south of the Great River ... near a town called Greenbough. Bandits came up on them and only a few managed to survive. We will be working with Old Thom with the Master Collectors. Do a good job and it'll open up another avenue of employment. We have maybe a few hours at most to tidy up any affairs and head out if Trask agrees."
Durak
HP 40
SDC 59
Cloak of protection AR12 SDC 50 Impervious to Fire
Bracers AR15
Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft,
Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
User avatar
Fox
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 275
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:24 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Post by Fox »

(Rolls carried over)
When Fox checks the map and realizes the place where the supplies are going, his ears droop, "That is almost entirely the wrong direction, and very far as well. I need to bring my warning in a timely manner or it will be useless. If it were closer, due south or southwest perhaps, I could spare the time. As it is, I can not."

He is clearly torn, but determined. The Village you are seeking is nearly due east and most of the way to the coast, almost as far as Timiro, but a totally different direction.
Fox the Healer
Nightvision 40'
Superior Sense of Smell and Hearing
--Hearing is as keen as a dog's and has the same range of hearing
--Recognize and Track Familiar scent 32% (+4%) range 50', re-roll every 100' (+10% if mate or offspring)
--Track Blood Scent by smell alone 42% (+4%) Range 1,000'
I.S.P.: 130/70 | H.P.: 37/37 | S.D.C.: 12/26
Horror Factor: 12 | Natural AR: 6
Studded Leather Armor: AR 13, SDC 36, -5% mobility Penalty
Fox the Healer
Image
User avatar
Tindish
Posts: 87
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:46 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Post by Tindish »

Tindish wrote:Perception: Original post: 1d100 = 55: 55 vs 30% +25% vs Concealment, Camouflage, & Palming (skills) & vs non-magic/psionic illusions
JIC: Original post: 1d20 = 19: 19 and Original post: 1d100 = 27: 27
Durak wrote:"The job is to track and retrieve a shipment of medical and alchemist supplies bound for Southwatch. They were ambushed a day's ride south of the Great River ... near a town called Greenbough. Bandits came up on them and only a few managed to survive. We will be working with Old Thom with the Master Collectors. Do a good job and it'll open up another avenue of employment. We have maybe a few hours at most to tidy up any affairs and head out if Trask agrees."


Tindish's eyes light up. His hand come together quickly as he rubs them together, "This is wonderful news! The group had only been in town 1 day maybe 2 and Tindish was already in a frenzy to leave. he had not expected the culture of such a large city to be so different from that in the wolfen empire. It was, and he would have to learn how to deal with it, but for now, We have a job!

Almost ready to start dancing Tindish looks toward Trask, "Sir Trask, will we take it? Will we hunt these thieves down and retrieve the goods?" Looking toward Trask with an almost boyish appearance of mixed excitement and anticipation he waits for the reply, singing in his head over and over, We, have a job. We, have a job.

Fox wrote:When Fox checks the map and realizes the place where the supplies are going, his ears droop, "That is almost entirely the wrong direction, and very far as well. I need to bring my warning in a timely manner or it will be useless. If it were closer, due south or southwest perhaps, I could spare the time. As it is, I can not."


Hearing Fox say he will not join the group knocks the wind out of Tinidish's excitement, "Good fox. We will miss you company. It is a sad affair indeed to hear you can not join us. Maybe. Yes. Definitely. One day, we shall all meet again. I am sure it is in fate's design." Tinidsh reaches out to offer Fox his hand, "I have not known you long sir Fox, but I know the time has been good. I wish you success in your travels."
Tindish Character Sheet

Constant Abilities:
Night vision: 400ft, Day Vision: 40ft
*Sixth Sense
ISP: 112/115
HP: 20/20
SDC: 21/21
Armor: A.R:13, S.D.C.: 34/38
User avatar
Bonk Boree
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:20 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Post by Bonk Boree »

Perception: 1d100 = 33: 33/48%
JIC: 1d20 = 7: 7/ 1d100 = 57: 57
Tindish wrote:"One day, they will talk about us like that? Little children will ask, are you with the Trask gang? Yes sir! One day."
Bonk grins at Tindish's musings. "With good friends like us to help him along, traveling buddy, it is near certainty." His grin grows broader. "May even have to hire traveling minstrels to play theme music as Trask Gang comes into town." It would be good to have a backup band..., he adds to himself.
Tindish wrote:"Do we have a job? Is that what you guys are talking about?"
Durak wrote:"The job is to track and retrieve a shipment of medical and alchemist supplies bound for Southwatch. They were ambushed a day's ride south of the Great River ... near a town called Greenbough. Bandits came up on them and only a few managed to survive. We will be working with Old Thom with the Master Collectors. Do a good job and it'll open up another avenue of employment. We have maybe a few hours at most to tidy up any affairs and head out if Trask agrees."
Bonk grunts and nods. "Is good job, yah? Stop bandits! Recover medicine! Good deeds -- and good publicity! Hopefully good payday as well with good promise of more to come!" He flings his arms wide, narrowly missing clocking Tindish upside the noggin with a massive arm. "Bonk sees this as absolute win!"

He rubs his chin. "If time table is so short, then perhaps Bonk's application with Mage's Guild can wait until Trask Gang returns. Time and money better spent on supplies, yah? What is needed of Bonk and traveling buddy?"
Fox wrote:"That is almost entirely the wrong direction, and very far as well. I need to bring my warning in a timely manner or it will be useless. If it were closer, due south or southwest perhaps, I could spare the time. As it is, I can not."
Tindish wrote:"Good fox. We will miss you company. It is a sad affair indeed to hear you can not join us. Maybe. Yes. Definitely. One day, we shall all meet again. I am sure it is in fate's design." Tinidsh reaches out to offer Fox his hand, "I have not known you long sir Fox, but I know the time has been good. I wish you success in your travels."
Bonk's smile droops and he looks as uncharacteristically sad as the group has ever seen him, but he recovers his trademark sunny disposition when Tindish comments about seeing Fox again. "Agreed, traveling buddy! Saying friend Fox is 'good person' is like saying person struck by lightning feels 'under the weather.' Whoever Fox's friend is, they are very fortunate to have friends so concerned about them." He sticks out his massive hand as well. "Bonk wishes you safe travels with swift winds at your tail... and Bonk looks forward to singing to celebrate your return."
User avatar
Tolliver Trask
Group Leader
Posts: 179
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:54 pm
Contact:

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Post by Tolliver Trask »

Perception: 1d100 = 85: 85/65%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 10: 10; 1d100 = 65: 65
Conditions: Sixth Sense, Resistant to Cold, Invisible Armor.
Durak wrote:"The job is to track and retrieve a shipment of medical and alchemist supplies bound for Southwatch. They were ambushed a day's ride south of the Great River ... near a town called Greenbough. Bandits came up on them and only a few managed to survive. We will be working with Old Thom with the Master Collectors. Do a good job and it'll open up another avenue of employment. We have maybe a few hours at most to tidy up any affairs and head out if Trask agrees."
Trask listens to Durak explain the job, nodding along as he considers the details. "Seems like a good job, wish it paid a bit better, but It is what it is." Trask says before sipping from the glass in his hand.
Tindish wrote:"Sir Trask, will we take it? Will we hunt these thieves down and retrieve the goods?"
Trask shakes his head. This is likley the strangest Kobold I have ever met. Trask thinks before speaking. "I would say so, it seems important to Durak and he was able to give me actual details instead of random words about it." Trask says while thinking on Fox's gibberish.
Bonk Boree wrote:"Is good job, yah? Stop bandits! Recover medicine! Good deeds -- and good publicity! Hopefully good payday as well with good promise of more to come!" He flings his arms wide, narrowly missing clocking Tindish upside the noggin with a massive arm. "Bonk sees this as absolute win!"
"I'm all for good deeds, but..." Trask cuts himself off and just smiles. No need to bring decades of personal preference into this conversation. Trask thinks to himself.
Bonk Boree wrote:"If time table is so short, then perhaps Bonk's application with Mage's Guild can wait until Trask Gang returns. Time and money better spent on supplies, yah? What is needed of Bonk and traveling buddy?"
Trask nods. "Might be for the best if we have to leave in a few hours."

Trask looks to Durak. "You can tell Old Thom we're interested. Everyone get your gear together, we're leaving as soon as Old Thom is ready I guess." Trask says to the gathered 'Trask Gang'. "Is fox coming or is he still leaving?" Trask asks, before turning his thoughts to preparing for a trip.
Suicide King
Tolliver Trask
"Tonight, boys, we're eating like kings. We've all tasted death too much it seems." ~Shawn James
P.P.E.: 10/10
I.S.P.: 38/38
H.P.: 39/39
S.D.C.: 71/71
Constant Effects
Sixth Sense, Impervious to Fire, Resistant to Cold.
Temporary Effects
None.
Weapons in Hand
Dwarven Longsword
Armor Worn
Mjorgullan Mail Uncommon Enchanted Splint (half)
• A.R.: 12
• S.D.C.: 40/40
Tower Shield of the Hex Rare Enchanted Large Wood & Metal Plated Shield
• Indestructible
User avatar
Ya-Blik
Dimension Master
Posts: 134
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:56 am
Location: Palladium Fantasy GM & DM

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Post by Ya-Blik »


Conditions:
Date: 18 May, 345
Time: 1030
Environment: Chilly & wet, light east to west breeze
Location: Llorn


Durak turns to see Bonk and Tindish and waves them over. "The job is to track and retrieve a shipment of medical and alchemist supplies bound for Southwatch. They were ambushed a day's ride south of the Great River ... near a town called Greenbough. Bandits came up on them and only a few managed to survive. We will be working with Old Thom with the Master Collectors. Do a good job and it'll open up another avenue of employment. We have maybe a few hours at most to tidy up any affairs and head out if Trask agrees."

As the group congregates in the hallway to discuss a potential job found by Durak, Fox makes himself heard from the head of the stairs where he has stopped to pull out a map as his ears droop, "That is almost entirely the wrong direction, and very far as well. I need to bring my warning in a timely manner or it will be useless. If it were closer, due south or southwest perhaps, I could spare the time. As it is, I can not."

With that, the Kankoran turns and departs down the stairs. Bonk and Tindish offer farewells but there is no response from the canine. Trask seems nonplussed and dispatches folks to collect whatever gear seems necessary before a small wave of dizziness nudges him with moderate subtlety and he wonders if perhaps with minimal sleep he should be 1/2 a bottle of whiskey in as he sets off on another damnable 'adventure' and maybe, just maybe, he is getting too old for this sh^t.


What are you doing?
User avatar
Tindish
Posts: 87
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:46 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Post by Tindish »

Perception: 1d100 = 27: 27 vs 30% +25% vs Concealment, Camouflage, & Palming (skills) & vs non-magic/psionic illusions
JIC: 1d20 = 11: 11 and 1d100 = 98: 98

At the confirmation they will be taking the job Tindish smiles and lets out a small cheer, "Excellent! Excellent!" Excited and over joyed he skips away from the group and heads to his room to grab his stuff, Maybe this time, we will get the recognition we deserve, he thinks to himself while packing his things.

Before making final arrangements, Tindish will make a brief search for a Pony and small horse to ride.

Stolen medical supplies, well of course they will be happy when we return those. This will be, is, good for us. Once packed Tindish make his way to Trask's room, "I am ready sir! Is there anything you wish me to ready?"
Rolls for finding a noble stead
locate a pony or small horse. Something large enough to hold Tindish and his equipment.
Made equivalent to Rare roll, 2 success @ a -10% penalty
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 65% 1d100 = 21: 21
Appraise Goods 32% 1d100 = 81: 81
Bartering 47% 1d100 = 75: 75
Lore: Culture & Customs 52% 1d100 = 6: 6
Find Contraband 32% 1d100 = 70: 70
Last edited by Tindish on Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tindish Character Sheet

Constant Abilities:
Night vision: 400ft, Day Vision: 40ft
*Sixth Sense
ISP: 112/115
HP: 20/20
SDC: 21/21
Armor: A.R:13, S.D.C.: 34/38
User avatar
Durak
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 208
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Post by Durak »

Perception 53% 1d100 = 44: 44
JIC 1d100 = 32: 32 1d20 = 9: 9

Tolliver Trask wrote:Trask looks to Durak. "You can tell Old Thom we're interested. Everyone get your gear together, we're leaving as soon as Old Thom is ready I guess."
"Gotcha," Durak gives Trask a thumbs up before nodding to Bonk and Tindish. He waves after Fox.

Quick turnaround, already one man down. Good start.

He heads back upstairs to find Old Thom.

"Unit is in. One man down as he has some commitment, which nobody is able to quite explain. We should be enough for what you need. Currently, we will be ready within a few hours. If you need us quicker, just let me know."
Durak
HP 40
SDC 59
Cloak of protection AR12 SDC 50 Impervious to Fire
Bracers AR15
Constant Effects: Nightvision 90ft,
Description: Tall for a Dwarf, with a mottled red/brown beard. His shoulders are generally down as he tries not to attract attention to himself
User avatar
Tolliver Trask
Group Leader
Posts: 179
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:54 pm
Contact:

Re: Episode 1: Something Wicked This Way Comes (Group B)

Post by Tolliver Trask »

Perception: 1d100 = 81: 81/65%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 11: 11; 1d100 = 49: 49
Conditions: Sixth Sense, Resistant to cold, Invisible Armor.

Once Durak and the others head off to do their things Trask closes the door to his room and moves back to the chair he was sitting in. Trask takes the next hour or so, pulling items from his kit and giving them a once over before returning them to their spots. For some they may find this work tedious, to Trask it's almost meditative. With each small task, Trask silently offers up a prayer to his dreaded patron Utu. Once Trask has repacked all of his kit, he makes his way out of his room with his arms full of stuff that will strapped to the back of his oldest companion.

Trask will take the supplies to the stables and begin the task of packing them on the back of Garrick. He speaks in hushed tones to his companion, telling him of the things they'll be doing and reassuring him of the quickness of the trip. This is a relatively quick process as Trask has done it hundreds of times in the past.

Trask will make his way back to the tap room and find a seat to either wait on the others or join them.
Suicide King
Tolliver Trask
"Tonight, boys, we're eating like kings. We've all tasted death too much it seems." ~Shawn James
P.P.E.: 10/10
I.S.P.: 38/38
H.P.: 39/39
S.D.C.: 71/71
Constant Effects
Sixth Sense, Impervious to Fire, Resistant to Cold.
Temporary Effects
None.
Weapons in Hand
Dwarven Longsword
Armor Worn
Mjorgullan Mail Uncommon Enchanted Splint (half)
• A.R.: 12
• S.D.C.: 40/40
Tower Shield of the Hex Rare Enchanted Large Wood & Metal Plated Shield
• Indestructible
Post Reply

Return to “PFRPG Archives”