Refugee All Stars

These fuckers are too stubborn to die.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Post Reply
User avatar
General Disarray
Game Master
Posts: 76
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:41 pm

Refugee All Stars

Post by General Disarray »

Location: MercTown HQ
Wednesday. March 3rd 109 P.A.
Weather: Sunny 78 degrees.


You located an HQ, which is nice to have as it feels more ‘respectable’ now. You are recovering from your last hellish mission in a long line of hellish missions. As you lick your wounds, the last few weeks have been a flourish of upgrades, restocking of ammo and supplies. The payout is nice, but it is is never just about the payout. As that all too familiar itch for adrenaline and adventure sets in, as if on cue, there is a a presence indicator at the door. An image is relayed to all the screens so that the team can see who is there, regardless of where the team members are at the moment. Anyone who pulls up the footage sees this image.
EBA Suited Soldier
EBA Suited Soldier
039FDA16-923C-4C89-AC0C-DD6A1B819445.jpeg (35.26 KiB) Viewed 2209 times
The comms on the EBA emit a man’s voice that says “Lieutenant Rawlings. I am looking for Theros. I was told he could be found here.”
————————————————————————————————————————
Anyone looking at the footage will notice the following depending on Perception results:

Fail: It is an EBA that is black with gold trim and even to the unobservant eye it is expensive looking.

The suit looks new without the slightest blemish. The bearing of the soldier is military, but looks a bit green.


The suit is of a material you aren’t familiar with. The soldier is green, no doubt and by all rights shouldn’t be able to afford this much hardware, and no organization worth a damn would give green soldier this caliber of gear. . . unless money wasn’t an object.


Anyone with Lore: D-Bees can roll that as well.
The colors of Black of Gold are significant but you can’t quite place it.

You have heard vague references to a group north of Tolkeen called the Tomorrow Legion. They have been giving refuge to the survivors of the CS’s massacre of Tolkeen.


WHAT DO YOU DO?

Butcher’s Bill:
You have had enough time to fully recover.
User avatar
William Summers
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 498
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:32 am
Location: Roughnecks - PC
Contact:

Re: Refugee All Stars

Post by William Summers »

Perception: 1d100: [17] = 17 /51% (+15% regarding machines and/or magic)
JIC: 1d20: [3] = 3 / 1d100: [92] = 92


February 10th, 109 PA
"And that should cover us for the year. It'll need some decorating. Maybe a plant. Oh, we should get our logo done up nice and big on a reception desk right here up front." Will takes back his cred stick and goes over the math again, making sure the 5000 credits per month for 12 months has been subtracted properly. Trust but confirm. He slides his sunglasses off, revealing his magic eye as he casts Detect Concealment to look for any hidden bugs in the room. Taking the keys, he shakes the hand of the Mercenary Plaza rental agent and heads back to the Compound.

"Hey boys! Guess what we've got?"


March 3rd, 109 PA
Feet up on the desk, reading the most recent issue of
Image
when the motion detector light starts flashing, indicating someone was at their door. "MOUSER, can you get that?" Will waits 10 seconds before repeating himself. "MOUSER, the door." Placing his magazine on his chest and looking around, he doesn't see the door open or hear anything indicating that it had. "MOUSER, what the fuck are we paying you for if you're not going to do your job?" Will closes the pages of the magazine and places it on the desk. Damn, I was just about to get to the centerfold. Looking at the screen, he sees a man in an EBA at the office door. "Fine, I'll get it!"

Standing up, he heads to the office door, but not before channeling some mana through his ring and casting his
Armor of Ithan
  • MDC: 80
    Duration: 16 minutes
    P.P.E.: Five
    Effects: Half damage from magic fire, lightning, and cold.
. Just in case.
EBA Guy wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:05 pmThe comms on the EBA emit a man’s voice that says “Lieutenant Rawlings. I am looking for Theros. I was told he could be found here.”
"Rawlins, welcome in. Have a seat. We've only got the one guest chair. We had four but... robots, amirite. One sec." Will turns back to face toward the office and yells "Hey Kid! You've got a visitor!" Turning back to Rawlins, Will asks "Can I get you anything? Sparkling water? Psi-Cola?
Image
?"


Will waits for Theros so he can see what the man wants. Meanwhile, he looks the man up and down to figure out what he's about (Lore: D-Bee – 1d100: [60] = 60 /68% - PASS). Seems like some brand new gear. And maybe even a brand new soldier. A bit try hard if you ask me. Can't place those colors, but I know them from somewhere...
The Man in Black
Ledger
User avatar
Ash, the kid (Theros)
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:28 pm

Re: Refugee All Stars

Post by Ash, the kid (Theros) »

March 3rd, 109 PA

Perception: 31% (+15% involving vampires or undead) 1d100: [68] = 68
JIC: 1d20: [11] = 11
JIC: 1d100: [78] = 78
Sense vampires/undead always active


Cleaning and polishing his vibro axe, after having just finished sharpening it, his mind wonders. ~I've been here a month now, no way home, or even where I am for that matter, or when it was, Solaria already operated on it's own time, I didn't even have enough time to figure out what that was with where I was when I met Ven, I did get to accomplish what I trained for, hunting those damn vampires, I know not if this group does that kind of thing often, but it is definately a step in the right direction... I wonder where the local girls and people my age hang out at?~
William Summers wrote: "Rawlins, welcome in. Have a seat. We've only got the one guest chair. We had four but... robots, amirite. One sec." Will turns back to face toward the office and yells "Hey Kid! You've got a visitor!" Turning back to Rawlins, Will asks "Can I get you anything? Sparkling water? Psi-Cola?
Image
?"
"I'll BE RIGHT THERE PUTANIS!" Theros puts on clothing to fully hide his tattoo's, long sleeve shirt, just in case, and then heads to the front where the "OLD" people are. His weapons always at his sides hanging off his belt and harness.

"Kala Will, what is it?" Looking at the shiny new suit and not knowing who it is, he looks at Will like he knows what this is about, and then back at the new arrival, his hand ever ready to activate a couple of tattoos if need be. "Am I supposed to know you?"
Theros
Description
Outside of his armor's, appears to be a early teenager, despite his age. Dark red hair (Auburn) Light Blue/Grey eyes, sparse freckles on body, tall, athletic build. He has his marks of heritage on his wrists as do every True Atlantean, he wears leather bracers over them outside of his armor's. Tattoos are placed mainly on his torso, so not as visible if worn with regular clothing.
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 381
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: Refugee All Stars

Post by John Altfeld »

Perception: 1d100: [3] = 3 / 76%
JIC: 1d100: [21] = 21 / 1d20: [5] = 5

CONDITIONS: John is at +1 foot, See Invisible, Radar, Immune to Possession, can't be touched by undead, can't be mind controlled by vampires, etc.

John is deeply disconcerted that he was somehow rendered unconscious and that the vampires had devised such a comprehensive trap, vowing to never not kill a room full of vampires again, even if a tiny voice whispered in his heart that he wasn't supposed to enter the compound from that direction.

I need to make friends with a water elemental. Have to ask Will about that.

Once the team have returned to MercTown and been paid, but disrespected by Mexico John (who I never thought was cool), he settles back into the compound and realizes he's now wealthy after all the murdering of the right people the Roughnecks have done.

Time for stage one - Earthly Power.

After a quick round of shopping, he hires a real estate agent and reaches out to his patrons in MercTown, Geoffrey "Geoff" Blackman and Menelaus Clotho to help him start the process of gaining citizenship as part of his home purchase.

And, because real estate is boring, he mostly leaves the process to his agent, for whom he is... not the ideal customer.

Most of his time is spent getting the office set up with Will and studying. Studying, reading, and studying some more in the various rare bookstores of MercTown. If anyone asks, he claims he's out drinking.

AND NOW

John enters the office behind the newcomer, carrying coffee and pastrami sandwiches. "Hi, it's me, John. I got sammiches!"

He reaches out to poke the armored person, then thinks better of it. "No helmets inside. Company policy," he says.

Nerd.
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 108/108
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290
Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 10
Initiative Bonus: +13
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+19/+19/+15/+15)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 900'
• See the invisible
User avatar
Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 413
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: Rifts: Australia
Contact:

Re: Refugee All Stars

Post by Jack Killian »

Perception: 67%

JIC d20:

JIC:

Conditions:

Sense the Presence of Spirits Amulet

Jack wheels a hand cart full of cold bottle drinks and water to the office. He opens the door and comes in seeing the others in there. He speaks, “Hello, I have the boo, drinks for the celebrations. Oy, who is the new bloke?” He starts handing out beers saying, “Sorry bout the interruption. Where is Mouser he is supposed to put this stuff away?”

Who the hell is this and where is Mouser. The Bloke as some fancy Armor.

Jack offers the new guy a beer, "Got water if you prefer. or bubbly stuff." I wonder if he is old enough for the beer, What is the law here anyway.
Dice rolls
1d100: [96] = 96
1d100: [6] = 6
1d20: [4] = 4
Last edited by Jack Killian on Tue Dec 20, 2022 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Flash Fry, put another Shrimp on the Barbie" Gmail: Sinder.JKing@gmail.com
OOC Comments
Jack Killian
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 196/196
H.P.: 42/ 42 MD
S.D.C.: 90/ 90

NE-BA-50 “Raider” Heavy Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 80
Arms: 55 each
Legs: 80 each
Main Body: 140
Weight: 30 lbs.
Modifiers: -20% to physical skills
Features:
Naruni Thermo-Kinetic Armor (p.35-36, DB8)
Book Reference: p.40, DB8

Weapon Carried:

CP-50 "Dragonfire" Assault Pulse Laser and Grenade Launcher
Range:
Laser: 2,000'
Grenade Launcher: 1,200'
Damage:
Single shot: 2d6 M.D.
Burst: 6d6 M.D.
Grenade: 2D6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Micro-fusion grenade: 6d6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot pulse bursts only; 1 grenade or 4-grenade bursts only
Payload:
E-Clip: 21 shots

Altess Eviscerator (Patron Item)
Damage: 6D6
Special Abilities
• Electrical Discharge:
• • Range: Touch or up to 200'
• • Damage: 4D6

MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol

Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6+3 M.D.

NeraTech Pn-50 "Splatter Gun"
Range: 60', Payload: 18/clip,
2 clips (current)Acid: 4D6 S.D.C. or 2D6 M.D. to a 3 foot radius.

CN-1 Net

Skorblade Short Sword
Damage: 1D8 M.D.
Weight: 3 lbs.
Features: excellent balance and craftsmanship
Modifiers: +1 to strike and parry
Book Reference: p.152, MercOps

TW "Dragonfire" Flamethrower
Range: 100'
Damage: single Shot: 1D6x10 M.D.
Spray: 1D6x10 M.D. to all targets in a 100' long & 10' wide arc (3 APM)
Rate of Fire: single shots & sprays only
Payload: 5 blasts per P.P.E. clip
Weight: 8 lbs.



Sense the Presence of Spirits Amulet

The amulet changes color whenever an entity is within 100'

Image
User avatar
Ash, the kid (Theros)
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:28 pm

Re: Refugee All Stars

Post by Ash, the kid (Theros) »

:::RollS Held:::
John Altfeld wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 3:53 pm John enters the office behind the newcomer, carrying coffee and pastrami sandwiches. "Hi, it's me, John. I got sammiches!"

He reaches out to poke the armored person, then thinks better of it. "No helmets inside. Company policy," he says.

Nerd.
Jack Killian wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:29 pm
Jack wheels a hand cart full of cold bottle drinks and water to the office. He opens the door and comes in seeing the others in there. He speaks, “Hello, I have the boo, drinks for the celebrations. Oy, who is the new bloke?” He starts handing out beers saying, “Sorry bout the interruption. Where is Mouser he is supposed to put this stuff away?”

Who the hell is this and where is Mouser. The Bloke as some fancy Armor.

Jack offers the new guy a beer, "Got water if you prefer. or bubbly stuff." I wonder if he is old enough for the beer, What is the law here anyway.
Giving a raised eyebrow at John and Jack's entrance ~Perfect timing, and with food~ ...Giving the look at both of them, ~..Did...did these two read my mind?~ Giving a expressive face of suspicion and then a quick look away at the mention of beer. "uh..Kala Jack, Kala John, I appreciate the food and water."

Looking back at the humanoid in the armor, the kid starts walking over to both John and Jack waiting for the refreshments to be obtained while still facing the "Shiny" visitor. ~Whom ever this is, has resources.~
Theros
Description
Outside of his armor's, appears to be a early teenager, despite his age. Dark red hair (Auburn) Light Blue/Grey eyes, sparse freckles on body, tall, athletic build. He has his marks of heritage on his wrists as do every True Atlantean, he wears leather bracers over them outside of his armor's. Tattoos are placed mainly on his torso, so not as visible if worn with regular clothing.
User avatar
Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 413
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: Rifts: Australia
Contact:

Re: Refugee All Stars

Post by Jack Killian »

(((Rolls Carry Over)))

As Jack looks at the others and hands out drinks, he in his head he hears Count Bustamante his Altess Eviscerator, "Jack my lad, thank heaven I am. I don't know what you would do without me. I'm looking up the armor and colors and who might they belong too. Also the name, just give me a second. get closer to Williams Terminal there and I shall have the information pop up there for all."
Research 98 %
1d100: [27] = 27
1d100: [83] = 83
1d100: [73] = 73


Count Bustamante continues. "There we go, that young lady who met you at the store, seems very interested in you. You need to be able to not get distracted so easily, and concentrate on what you have to do. You're smart and good looking, well better then average, so you have a lot going for you. Yes, she might be out of your league, for god sake I don't know what she sees in you. Really, Why does she go around with a poster of herself."
"Flash Fry, put another Shrimp on the Barbie" Gmail: Sinder.JKing@gmail.com
OOC Comments
Jack Killian
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 196/196
H.P.: 42/ 42 MD
S.D.C.: 90/ 90

NE-BA-50 “Raider” Heavy Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 80
Arms: 55 each
Legs: 80 each
Main Body: 140
Weight: 30 lbs.
Modifiers: -20% to physical skills
Features:
Naruni Thermo-Kinetic Armor (p.35-36, DB8)
Book Reference: p.40, DB8

Weapon Carried:

CP-50 "Dragonfire" Assault Pulse Laser and Grenade Launcher
Range:
Laser: 2,000'
Grenade Launcher: 1,200'
Damage:
Single shot: 2d6 M.D.
Burst: 6d6 M.D.
Grenade: 2D6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Micro-fusion grenade: 6d6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot pulse bursts only; 1 grenade or 4-grenade bursts only
Payload:
E-Clip: 21 shots

Altess Eviscerator (Patron Item)
Damage: 6D6
Special Abilities
• Electrical Discharge:
• • Range: Touch or up to 200'
• • Damage: 4D6

MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol

Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6+3 M.D.

NeraTech Pn-50 "Splatter Gun"
Range: 60', Payload: 18/clip,
2 clips (current)Acid: 4D6 S.D.C. or 2D6 M.D. to a 3 foot radius.

CN-1 Net

Skorblade Short Sword
Damage: 1D8 M.D.
Weight: 3 lbs.
Features: excellent balance and craftsmanship
Modifiers: +1 to strike and parry
Book Reference: p.152, MercOps

TW "Dragonfire" Flamethrower
Range: 100'
Damage: single Shot: 1D6x10 M.D.
Spray: 1D6x10 M.D. to all targets in a 100' long & 10' wide arc (3 APM)
Rate of Fire: single shots & sprays only
Payload: 5 blasts per P.P.E. clip
Weight: 8 lbs.



Sense the Presence of Spirits Amulet

The amulet changes color whenever an entity is within 100'

Image
User avatar
General Disarray
Game Master
Posts: 76
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:41 pm

Re: Refugee All Stars

Post by General Disarray »

Location: MercTown HQ
Wednesday. March 3rd 109 P.A. 12:30 PM
Weather: Sunny 78 degrees.
William Summers wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:24 pm "Rawlins, welcome in. Have a seat. We've only got the one guest chair. We had four but... robots, amirite. One sec." Will turns back to face toward the office and yells "Hey Kid! You've got a visitor!" Turning back to Rawlins, Will asks "Can I get you anything? Sparkling water? Psi-Cola?"


"Thank you for the offer, but I am good. Just finished lunch."
Theros wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:25 pm "Kala Will, what is it?" Looking at the shiny new suit and not knowing who it is, he looks at Will like he knows what this is about, and then back at the new arrival, his hand ever ready to activate a couple of tattoos if need be. "Am I supposed to know you?"
"Doubtful. We have never met. He says I am Lieutenant Rawlings. I have an urgent request from Lord Coake and Erin Tarn, who asked me to find you and open a secure channel. He reaches into his a pouch on his armor and pulls out a small disk. He sets it on a nearby table."
Holographic Communicator
Holographic Communicator
th.jpg (5.78 KiB) Viewed 1967 times
John Altfeld wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 3:53 pm John enters the office behind the newcomer, carrying coffee and pastrami sandwiches. "Hi, it's me, John. I got sammiches!"

He reaches out to poke the armored person, then thinks better of it. "No helmets inside. Company policy," he says.
"I sincerely apologize. I should of asked." He quickly removes his helmet with a hiss as the EBA system disengages.
Lt. Rawlings
Lt. Rawlings
"One second as I establish a secure channel." He takes out a tablet and begins scrolling entering in information. "And connection is secure. Lord Coake, channel is established and secured. You can broadcast when ready."
Jack Killian wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 12:17 pm As Jack looks at the others and hands out drinks, he in his head he hears Count Bustamante his Altess Eviscerator, "Jack my lad, thank heaven I am. I don't know what you would do without me. I'm looking up the armor and colors and who might they belong too. Also the name, just give me a second. get closer to Williams Terminal there and I shall have the information pop up there for all."
Research 98 %
1d100: [27] = 27
1d100: [83] = 83
1d100: [73] = 73
Lord Bustamante says, "Colors are indicative of the Tomorrow Legion. It is a newly formed aid organization recently established to take in refugees from areas of CS aggression. The most notable conflict is the Fall of Tolkeen, but they are offering refuge to anyone that would be killed on sight by the CS."

As soon as Lord Bustamante relays that information the communicator emits a hologram of two humans. Lord Coake and Erin Tarn who are both immediately recognized. "Greetings from Castle Refuge, Theros and allies. I am Lord Coake and this is Erin Tarn. I hope we find you well. I am in urgent need of your assistance. We have founded an organization called the Tomorrow Legion that focuses on providing refuge for those that have been displaced by war and are currently hunted by the CS. We are primarily focused on the humanitarian effort and are doing our best to prevent a direct conflict with the CS . . . for now. It is important that those who seek refuge find it. Starting a month a go, one of our escort parties lost contact. We sent out a team to investigate. What they found was disturbing. The party had been literally been torn to shreds. It was the sort of scene you would find after a feral animal attack. However, in a strange twist there was an indication that the assailants were a CS unit and tracks indicated humans and not mutant animals. Fabric remnants and other evidence were traceable to CS uniforms. Since then we have had a total of four refugee envoys attacked in the same manner. As stated we are avoiding open conflict with the CS. Although I think we would be wholly justified in tracking down and destroying this unit, doing so would be seen as an act of aggression and would spark a conflict we are not ready to fight, and would harm those we are looking to save. Therefore we would like to hire you for the task. A third party gives us plausible deniability. We would like you to investigate these attacks, find this unit and eliminate it. I will let Erin discuss the pay, I am sure we can come to an agreement. Erin."

He shifts to the side as Erin steps up to center view. During this time you see Rawlings receive a call, he says in a whisper, "I have to take this." and steps into the other room. Erin begins discussing terms. "We need you to travel to Castle Refuge. There we will pay you 4 million credits upfront. We will pay you an additional 12 million upon completion of the job. We also need you to escort a D-Bee from MercTown when you head this way. His safe delivery will result in an additional 2 million credits." (If your Perception roll is a success you hear the following from Rawlings, in the next room.
"You sent Leopold, seriously? Was a rabid racoon not available. We will be lucky if the poor bastard is still alive. Where were they meeting? On my way."
) "Said D-Bee should be making contact shortly." says Erin. Rawlings renters the room, "Ma'am they sent Xander Leopold to greet the Conchol." Erin face turns white. "Why would they send him? He is affable as a wasp nest." Rawlings responds, "I am not sure Ma'am but I am heading that way now." Rawlings leaves the building. Lord Coake pipes up from behind Erin, "Xander is a good soldier, sure he is rough around the edges but he should be fine." You hear another voice off screen. "That arrogant bastard blew up an entire train car!!!" Lord Coake responds, "It was full of zombies Winslow!!!!" The offscreen man, replies, "He didn't know that at the time." Erin says, "Gentlemen, please. We are in the middle of a conversation." She returns to talking to the Roughnecks. "Are these terms acceptable?"

What do you Do?
User avatar
William Summers
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 498
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:32 am
Location: Roughnecks - PC
Contact:

Re: Refugee All Stars

Post by William Summers »

Perception: 1d100: [31] = 31 /51% (+15% regarding machines and/or magic)
JIC: 1d20: [11] = 11 / 1d100: [95] = 95
Lieutenant Rawlings wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 8:01 am "Thank you for the offer, but I am good. Just finished lunch."
"Oh damn, lunch. Where'd you go?" Will turns back to John. "You want to order delivery? Lone Star Saloon Cheesesteaks again? We could get Tony's Too. Y'know the meat and potato dishes. Way too big portions. Except for you. Cause you're huge."

Will grabs a sparkling water, kicks his feet back up on the desk and takes a sip.
Lieutenant Rawlings wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 8:01 am"I have an urgent request from Lord Coake and Erin Tarn, who asked me to find you and open a secure channel. He reaches into his a pouch on his armor and pulls out a small disk. He sets it on a nearby table."
Will does a
Image
as he hears the names of two of the most (in)famous people on the planet. "From... Lord Coake... and Erin Tarn..." Get your fucking feet off the table, idiot. It's time to clean the office! You're gonna look a mess in front of literal heroes! Will sits up straight in his chair, dropping his feet to the ground. He brushes his hands through his hair as if that would do something. He wipes the sparkling water off of his chin and clears his throat. "Okay. Wasn't expecting that. And we're ready."
Lord Coake wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 8:01 am"Greetings from Castle Refuge, Theros and allies. I am Lord Coake and this is Erin Tarn. I hope we find you well. I am in urgent need of your assistance..."
Will finds himself
Image
like a schoolkid saying good bye to their parents after being dropped off.
Erin Tarn wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 8:01 am "We need you to travel to Castle Refuge. There we will pay you 4 million credits upfront. We will pay you an additional 12 million upon completion of the job. We also need you to escort a D-Bee from MercTown when you head this way. His safe delivery will result in an additional 2 million credits."... "Are these terms acceptable?"
Holy shit. We are getting a job from Coake and Tarn. Can I be a Cyber-Knight? Wait, I don't want that. Can I be like a Cyber-Buddy? All the field trips, none of the surgery?
"Lord Coake, Miss Tarn. It is an honor to be on the same line as you. I have questions and I'm sure you have answers. First, is there the possibility of a mole in your organization? If you've had five total envoys torn to shreds, then the Skullheads probably have a good way to track your movements. Second, how far is Castle Refuge? Since we're on a secure line, I assume it's fine to tell me that secret. Third, do I need to worry about this...Leopold? I'm not a fan of wildcards. At least ones not on my crew. And I'm sure the rest of the details can be shared in person. Specifically, locations of the attacks, size of the envoys, and anything else you see fit to share. The financial terms are absolutely acceptable. Oh, and do you need anything from MercTown? There's a really good cheesesteak place here."
The Man in Black
Ledger
User avatar
Ash, the kid (Theros)
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:28 pm

Re: Refugee All Stars

Post by Ash, the kid (Theros) »

Location: MercTown HQ
Wednesday. March 3rd 109 P.A. 12:30 PM
Weather: Sunny 78 degrees.

Perception: 31% (+15% involving vampires or undead) 1d100: [47] = 47
JIC: 1d20: [5] = 5
JIC: 1d100: [87] = 87
Sense vampires/undead always active


A bit taken back and shocked that they were refering to the group as "Theros and Allies" catches the kid off guard. ~This is someone with connections, connections back home, to call me out like this and possiably expose me to non Atlaneteans means it's important, after all information has to trickle through others,even if in hushed orders, right? It has to be the Sunaj elders, only they would break protocol like this and even have the authotirty to do so, even if this Rawlings isn't my brethern themself, they are being used for a purpose by them. I can't say no.~

After will finishes talking to Lieutenant Rawlings. "C.O. Will sir, may I speak with you in private?" Looking to Rawlings. "Excuse us Lieutenant Rawlings, I need to update my Commanding officer on something in private, it will just be a moment."

Walking into the next room and waiting for Will to enter and the door to close. "Sir, I haven't been out on deployment long, the only groups that know of me is the group I was with less than a day in which I got sucked into that rift to wind up in that vamp fight, and now the Roughnecks. Most everyone outside of my dimensional home calls me Ash. By using my birthname they have told me who they are, they are very important group in taking down and out the Coalition, meaning this might not be as easy as it may appear, things never are with my family. You're the commander, but I don't want you guys to walk blindly into this, you did me a solid taking me in. I am not allowed tell you who they are, only that I can gurantee no one wants to remove the Coalition from the board more than them. I hope that is acceptable."
Theros
Description
Outside of his armor's, appears to be a early teenager, despite his age. Dark red hair (Auburn) Light Blue/Grey eyes, sparse freckles on body, tall, athletic build. He has his marks of heritage on his wrists as do every True Atlantean, he wears leather bracers over them outside of his armor's. Tattoos are placed mainly on his torso, so not as visible if worn with regular clothing.
User avatar
Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 413
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: Rifts: Australia
Contact:

Re: Refugee All Stars

Post by Jack Killian »

Perception: 67% 1d100: 96

JIC d20: 1d20: 4

JIC: 1d100: 6

Conditions:

Sense the Presence of Spirits Amulet


Jack response to Count Bustamantes, “Thank you Count. I would appreciate you listening in and gathering any information you can gleam from the details, and feel free to interject any advice you may have from other information that you have gathered.” Count Bustamante's Research rolls on news from CS sources around Tolkien 98% 100

As Jack listens to the briefing of the attacks, his mind goes to fighting the undead that came with the Nexla attack, “Count Bustamante, maybe Necromancers, Demons, Devils other CS experiments controlling the bodies?”

Jack speaks up with his Aussie accent, “Excuse me Lord Coake, I’m Jack Killian, is it only your groups getting Attacked? Have the attackers left any of their own behind, and have they taken any prisoners? The CS, did they use their weapons or slashing as in claws and teeth? and Yes any information you can supply us, as maps where the attacks happened.”

To William and the others at the Office, “Undead, maybe Necromancers, Demons and Devils controlling the bodies? This place was known to use some of these to fight the CS. Someone might be trying to draw a fight between the Tomorrow Legion and the CS. Would like to break into the CS communications to see what they are saying. As for the money it sounds good. How are we traveling? When?”

Jack wonders if there might be Some where that would have a device to listen to CS radios. Sensory Equipment, 59%
Dice rolls
1d100: [54] = 54
1d100: [22] = 22
1d100: [100] = 100
1d20: [8] = 8
1d100: [59] = 59
Last edited by Jack Killian on Tue Dec 20, 2022 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Flash Fry, put another Shrimp on the Barbie" Gmail: Sinder.JKing@gmail.com
OOC Comments
Jack Killian
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 196/196
H.P.: 42/ 42 MD
S.D.C.: 90/ 90

NE-BA-50 “Raider” Heavy Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 80
Arms: 55 each
Legs: 80 each
Main Body: 140
Weight: 30 lbs.
Modifiers: -20% to physical skills
Features:
Naruni Thermo-Kinetic Armor (p.35-36, DB8)
Book Reference: p.40, DB8

Weapon Carried:

CP-50 "Dragonfire" Assault Pulse Laser and Grenade Launcher
Range:
Laser: 2,000'
Grenade Launcher: 1,200'
Damage:
Single shot: 2d6 M.D.
Burst: 6d6 M.D.
Grenade: 2D6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Micro-fusion grenade: 6d6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot pulse bursts only; 1 grenade or 4-grenade bursts only
Payload:
E-Clip: 21 shots

Altess Eviscerator (Patron Item)
Damage: 6D6
Special Abilities
• Electrical Discharge:
• • Range: Touch or up to 200'
• • Damage: 4D6

MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol

Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6+3 M.D.

NeraTech Pn-50 "Splatter Gun"
Range: 60', Payload: 18/clip,
2 clips (current)Acid: 4D6 S.D.C. or 2D6 M.D. to a 3 foot radius.

CN-1 Net

Skorblade Short Sword
Damage: 1D8 M.D.
Weight: 3 lbs.
Features: excellent balance and craftsmanship
Modifiers: +1 to strike and parry
Book Reference: p.152, MercOps

TW "Dragonfire" Flamethrower
Range: 100'
Damage: single Shot: 1D6x10 M.D.
Spray: 1D6x10 M.D. to all targets in a 100' long & 10' wide arc (3 APM)
Rate of Fire: single shots & sprays only
Payload: 5 blasts per P.P.E. clip
Weight: 8 lbs.



Sense the Presence of Spirits Amulet

The amulet changes color whenever an entity is within 100'

Image
User avatar
William Summers
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 498
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:32 am
Location: Roughnecks - PC
Contact:

Re: Refugee All Stars

Post by William Summers »

((Rolls Held Over))

Before the call:
Theros wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 12:34 pm "C.O. Will sir, may I speak with you in private?" Looking to Rawlings. "Excuse us Lieutenant Rawlings, I need to update my Commanding officer on something in private, it will just be a moment."
"Be right back, Rawlings. That's some nice armor, by the way. You've gotta tell me about it when we're done here."

Will heads to the back of the office with The Kid.
Theros wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 12:34 pm"Sir, I haven't been out on deployment long, the only groups that know of me is the group I was with less than a day in which I got sucked into that rift to wind up in that vamp fight, and now the Roughnecks. Most everyone outside of my dimensional home calls me Ash. By using my birthname they have told me who they are, they are very important group in taking down and out the Coalition, meaning this might not be as easy as it may appear, things never are with my family. You're the commander, but I don't want you guys to walk blindly into this, you did me a solid taking me in. I am not allowed tell you who they are, only that I can gurantee no one wants to remove the Coalition from the board more than them. I hope that is acceptable."
"I know the power of a true name, Ash. Sorry that yours is out in the world. I'm one middle name away from being summoned, and that's a thought that keeps me up at night. We all come from somewhere and most places are dangerous as hell. You keep fighting by our side and I won't ask any questions about your who or where, alright?"


During the call:
Jack Killian wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 2:09 pm “Undead, maybe Necromancers, Demons and Devils controlling the bodies? This place was known to use some of these to fight the CS. Someone might be trying to draw a fight between the Tomorrow Legion and the CS. Would like to break into the CS communications to see what they are saying. As for the money it sounds good. How are we traveling? When?”
"A conspiracy theory, but a theory nonetheless. We can keep our eyes out for the Undead while we're searching for our quarry. Seems unlikely though. Trying to hack Coalition comms could just bring them right down on our heads. Let's wait on that for now. Maybe we can grease a few palms to see what folks in the area know about it. We travel in the ATRV and we can take off tomorrow. Preparations must be made."
The Man in Black
Ledger
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 381
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: Refugee All Stars

Post by John Altfeld »

Perception: / 76%
JIC: /

CONDITIONS: John is at +1 foot, See Invisible, Radar, Immune to Possession, can't be touched by undead, can't be mind controlled by vampires, etc.
Theros wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:13 pm Giving a raised eyebrow at John and Jack's entrance ~Perfect timing, and with food~ ...Giving the look at both of them, ~..Did...did these two read my mind?~ Giving a expressive face of suspicion and then a quick look away at the mention of beer. "uh..Kala Jack, Kala John, I appreciate the food and water."
Absentmindedly, John says, “It’s just John, Ash, not Calajohn. You guys have some weird names where you’re from.”
William Summers wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 9:43 am "Oh damn, lunch. Where'd you go?" Will turns back to John. "You want to order delivery? Lone Star Saloon Cheesesteaks again? We could get Tony's Too. Y'know the meat and potato dishes. Way too big portions. Except for you. Cause you're huge."
When Will asks about lunch, John shakes the bag of pastrami sandwiches at him. “I got sandwiches.”

Wait, ‘huge?’ Is Will saying I’m fat? Is he negging me in front of this smarmy, handsome nerd?

“The sandwiches aren’t for you,” he tells Rawlins.

After initially being concerned by the easily falsifiable transmission, John immediately drops his suspicions when Lord Coake and Erin Tarn mention killing the Coalition. He starts nodding and smiling as they continue.
General Disarray wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 8:01 am "That arrogant bastard blew up an entire train car!!!" Lord Coake responds, "It was full of zombies Winslow!!!!"
Xander sounds like my kind of guy! We should get drinks.

John watches Will and Ash leave the room, waits until the silence starts getting awkward, then says, “So, to be clear, you want us to bring this ambassador to you, Loard Coake and you, Erin Tarn, where we will meet you at Tomorrow Keep? And is there a convoy of refugees we need to protect, or are we just hunting down this group of possibly CS, possibly not, psycopaths?”

I need the meeting with Tarn. This isn’t secure enough. Also, how big could an ambassador be? I think I have a solution.
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 108/108
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290
Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 10
Initiative Bonus: +13
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+19/+19/+15/+15)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 900'
• See the invisible
User avatar
Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 413
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: Rifts: Australia
Contact:

Re: Refugee All Stars

Post by Jack Killian »

(((Rolls Carry Over)))
William

"A conspiracy theory, but a theory, nonetheless. We can keep our eyes out for the Undead while we're searching for our quarry. Seems unlikely though. Trying to hack Coalition comms could just bring them right down on our heads. Let's wait on that for now. Maybe we can grease a few palms to see what folks in the area know about it. We travel in the ATRV and we can take off tomorrow. Preparations must be made."


Jack responds, “Copy, the AZTRV will be a good base of operations. Also, you can carry anyone that needs rescuing. I can bring my new ride, act as top cover and scout?” Yea check out the legs on the machine.
"Flash Fry, put another Shrimp on the Barbie" Gmail: Sinder.JKing@gmail.com
OOC Comments
Jack Killian
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 196/196
H.P.: 42/ 42 MD
S.D.C.: 90/ 90

NE-BA-50 “Raider” Heavy Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 80
Arms: 55 each
Legs: 80 each
Main Body: 140
Weight: 30 lbs.
Modifiers: -20% to physical skills
Features:
Naruni Thermo-Kinetic Armor (p.35-36, DB8)
Book Reference: p.40, DB8

Weapon Carried:

CP-50 "Dragonfire" Assault Pulse Laser and Grenade Launcher
Range:
Laser: 2,000'
Grenade Launcher: 1,200'
Damage:
Single shot: 2d6 M.D.
Burst: 6d6 M.D.
Grenade: 2D6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Micro-fusion grenade: 6d6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot pulse bursts only; 1 grenade or 4-grenade bursts only
Payload:
E-Clip: 21 shots

Altess Eviscerator (Patron Item)
Damage: 6D6
Special Abilities
• Electrical Discharge:
• • Range: Touch or up to 200'
• • Damage: 4D6

MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol

Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6+3 M.D.

NeraTech Pn-50 "Splatter Gun"
Range: 60', Payload: 18/clip,
2 clips (current)Acid: 4D6 S.D.C. or 2D6 M.D. to a 3 foot radius.

CN-1 Net

Skorblade Short Sword
Damage: 1D8 M.D.
Weight: 3 lbs.
Features: excellent balance and craftsmanship
Modifiers: +1 to strike and parry
Book Reference: p.152, MercOps

TW "Dragonfire" Flamethrower
Range: 100'
Damage: single Shot: 1D6x10 M.D.
Spray: 1D6x10 M.D. to all targets in a 100' long & 10' wide arc (3 APM)
Rate of Fire: single shots & sprays only
Payload: 5 blasts per P.P.E. clip
Weight: 8 lbs.



Sense the Presence of Spirits Amulet

The amulet changes color whenever an entity is within 100'

Image
User avatar
General Disarray
Game Master
Posts: 76
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:41 pm

Re: Refugee All Stars

Post by General Disarray »

Lord Coake stands in the background as Erin Tarn waits for and fields questions.
William Summers wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 9:43 am "Lord Coake, Miss Tarn. It is an honor to be on the same line as you. I have questions and I'm sure you have answers. First, is there the possibility of a mole in your organization? If you've had five total envoys torn to shreds, then the Skullheads probably have a good way to track your movements. Second, how far is Castle Refuge? Since we're on a secure line, I assume it's fine to tell me that secret. Third, do I need to worry about this...Leopold? I'm not a fan of wildcards. At least ones not on my crew. And I'm sure the rest of the details can be shared in person. Specifically, locations of the attacks, size of the envoys, and anything else you see fit to share. The financial terms are absolutely acceptable. Oh, and do you need anything from MercTown? There's a really good cheesesteak place here."
"A mole is always a possibility but we compartmentalize data so that one person doesn't have all the details of a refugee escort, save a very small number of people that I trust implicitly. Every single member of my intel team lost family in Tolkeen. No one loathes the CS as much as they do. What we have gathered from our group of Dog Boy Scouts is that the groups were tracked, inspite of precautions taken to hide their tracks. At each attack there were only vehicle tracks and foot prints consistent with CS personnel. The brutality and method of attack however was not consistent with CS personnel. Quite the contrary, more in line with an animal attack but more sadistic. They tortured some of them. As far as the Cheesesteak is concerned no thank you. Very few food items in North America rival what we have access to here." She grins with a bit of haughtiness.
Jack Killian wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 2:09 pm “Excuse me Lord Coake, I’m Jack Killian, is it only your groups getting Attacked? Have the attackers left any of their own behind, and have they taken any prisoners? The CS, did they use their weapons or slashing as in claws and teeth? and Yes any information you can supply us, as maps where the attacks happened.”
Lord Coake stands, "I have been briefed on some of the details, Erin has compiled the dossier and is far more familiar with those facts. I was brought in due to the delicacy of the political situation. When this was brought to me I was pretty sure we were dealing with some sort of supernatural creature. I reached out to the my contacts among the Atlanteans, who excel at hunting such things. They pointed me in the direction of Theros and his team. Erin please continue. " Erin steps forward. "These are all excellent questions, I wish that I could answer them as thoroughly as you like. Best we can tell, no weapons were used at all. They were either ripped apart or subdued and flayed alive with a vibro-bayonet. Frankly the refugees dying in a CS fire fight would still be concerning but far more comforting."

John Altfeld wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 4:27 pm “So, to be clear, you want us to bring this ambassador to you, Loard Coake and you, Erin Tarn, where we will meet you at Tomorrow Keep? And is there a convoy of refugees we need to protect, or are we just hunting down this group of possibly CS, possibly not, psycopaths?”
"Not an ambassador, but a refugee of great interest. I think you will understand when you meet them. The rest of your assertion is spot on."

Rawlings interjects speaking to Lord Coake. "On that note Lord Coake, just received word from Leopold, sir. Our guest has agreed to accompany this team to castle refuge, which I am sure surprises everyone in the field office here. He is en route to our location."

Lord Coake replies, "Excellent Rawlings, please stay and make sure he has everything he needs for the journey. I look forward to meeting the rest of you when you arrive at Castle Refuge. Rawlings will guide you there and give the appropriate security codes for entry. Once here we will outfit you with necessary items and provide all the details of the attacks we have so that you may began locating and hopefully eliminate this threat."


The comm channel closes.

After a few minutes there is a ring at the door again. Monitors pop up immediately with what appears to be an intriguing D-Bee that is reminiscent of beings you have seen before but also obviously different.
Kibas Rongar AKA Pantera
Kibas Rongar AKA Pantera
4416.jpg (126.79 KiB) Viewed 932 times
Feel free to mingle and then decide when you would like to depart.
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 381
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: Refugee All Stars

Post by John Altfeld »

Perception: 1d100: [77] = 77 / 76%
JIC: 1d100: [14] = 14 / 1d20: [19] = 19

CONDITIONS: John is at +1 foot, See Invisible, Radar, Immune to Possession, can't be touched by undead, can't be mind controlled by vampires, etc.
General Disarray wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 7:24 am Erin Tarn says, "No one loathes the CS as much as they do.
You don't know me!
General Disarray wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 7:24 am Erin Tarn says, "As far as the Cheesesteak is concerned no thank you. Very few food items in North America rival what we have access to here." She grins with a bit of haughtiness.[/b]
Holy hell, she's as awful and smug as her writing.
General Disarray wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 7:24 am Erin Tarn says, "Not an ambassador, but a refugee of great interest. I think you will understand when you meet them. The rest of your assertion is spot on."
John nods in thanks for her explanation.

When the door rings, he opens it and says to the kitty-kat person. "Hi, you must be Xander, welcome!" and ushers them inside the office.
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 108/108
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290
Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 10
Initiative Bonus: +13
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+19/+19/+15/+15)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 900'
• See the invisible
User avatar
Ash, the kid (Theros)
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:28 pm

Re: Refugee All Stars

Post by Ash, the kid (Theros) »

Location: MercTown HQ
Wednesday. March 3rd 109 P.A. 12:35? PM
Weather: Sunny 78 degrees.

Perception: 31% (+15% involving vampires or undead) 1d100: [48] = 48
JIC: 1d20: [20] = 20
JIC: 1d100: [41] = 41
Sense vampires/undead always active


Rejoining the main room in time for...
General Disarray wrote:Lord Coake stands, "I have been briefed on some of the details, Erin has compiled the dossier and is far more familiar with those facts. I was brought in due to the delicacy of the political situation. When this was brought to me I was pretty sure we were dealing with some sort of supernatural creature. I reached out to the my contacts among the Atlanteans, who excel at hunting such things. They pointed me in the direction of Theros and his team. Erin please continue. " Erin steps forward. "These are all excellent questions, I wish that I could answer them as thoroughly as you like. Best we can tell, no weapons were used at all. They were either ripped apart or subdued and flayed alive with a vibro-bayonet. Frankly the refugees dying in a CS fire fight would still be concerning but far more comforting."


Ash looks at Will and John nodding along attempting to give a that adds up signal. ~That definately makes more sense than being discovered or outted, they must really trust them with that information~

"Is there nothing more to go on for what these creatures may be, any hair, or blood left behind, claw marks, the number of the claws for the strikes? tracks or foot prints, the stride they use?"

After the comm closes.

"In either case, I am definately going to need my pistols as back up for when we do find them, it's better to have something can has a "KIll all" option than be un prepared for that line of work. Save my Magic for survival and key moments of such, oh and John sir, Kala means "Thank you" it's Greek."
Theros
Description
Outside of his armor's, appears to be a early teenager, despite his age. Dark red hair (Auburn) Light Blue/Grey eyes, sparse freckles on body, tall, athletic build. He has his marks of heritage on his wrists as do every True Atlantean, he wears leather bracers over them outside of his armor's. Tattoos are placed mainly on his torso, so not as visible if worn with regular clothing.
User avatar
Pantera
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat May 14, 2022 1:44 pm

Re: Refugee All Stars

Post by Pantera »

John Altfeld wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 2:19 pm When the door rings, he opens it and says to the kitty-kat person. "Hi, you must be Xander, welcome!" and ushers them inside the office.
Perception: 1d100: [48] = 48 /21%
Just in Case: 1d20: [12] = 12 ; 1d100: [52] = 52
Conditions:
1. Without Sustenance (Does not need to Eat or Drink, can withstand temperatures from 110 degrees to 10 degrees) (Day Zero of Six)
2. Nightvision: can see in total darkness
3. Keen sense of smell and vision
4. Sensitive Hearing
FAS Tier 1 Armor:
Main Body MDC: 80/80
Arm MDC: 40 (Each)/40
Leg MDC: 50 (Each)/ 50
Helmet MDC: 40/40


Kibas hit the bell once and looked over the area. "I should hope the beings here are far better than the human. He was rather, distasteful, but after several hundred years, humanity might have fallen." Kibas mused out loud. He stood there with his helmet in hand. As night has fallen, he removed his goggles. To see the sky in it's natural form. It brought a smile to Kibas's lips. He then saw the door opening and returned the goggles back to their position on his face. He looked down at the human that opened the door.

"I am afraid that I am not Xander, although he has sent me in his stead. I am Kibas Rongar. I was told he has a job for me here." Kibas continued to look stoically at the human. Even at ten feet tall, he still had to crane his neck slightly to look down at someone nearly 4 feet shorter. He makes his way into the doorway. "I do not know much more than that. And who might you be?"
Kibas "Pantera" Rongar

Abilities at all times
Can see clearly in total darkness
Keen sense of smell, vision, and sensitive hearing
User avatar
Wolf Whitaker
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 193
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:24 pm

Re: Refugee All Stars

Post by Wolf Whitaker »

Perception: 1d100: [66] = 66 /65%
JIC: 1d20: [7] = 7 ; 1d100: [42] = 42


Paranoia Thought Text

Active Effects:
  • HF: 12
  • (Opponents must roll to save vs horror factor whenever the Gunslinger makes a serious threat (stop or else ... ) and again if and when he first draws his weapon on a character. Likewise, those who attack a Gunslinger must roll to save vs Horror Factor whenever facing the Gunslinger in a one-on-one showdown, duel, or shootout, and whenever an opponent makes his first move to attack the Gunslinger, even if the gunslinger isn't aware the character plans to attack.)
  • See Invisible
  • Night vision 60’
  • Integrated Sensor Pod - NE Armor
    • 360° scanning capability
    • Allows user to dodge all attack, even those from behind and/or surprise
  • Optics Enhancements
    • Passive Night Vision: 3,000'
    • Telescopic Vision (up to 20x Magnification): 1 mile
    • Macro-Lens (6x Magnification)
    • Thermo-Imager: 2,000'

Wolf catches the tail end of the briefing as his normal routine seemed to run long this day. Ok. So seems like a lot of money to take out some things preying on refugees. Well suffering does make for good paydays...I don't like the lack of information about our targets...I know. Me neither...It can never be a simple job, all our old jobs were simple. Ever since we got to merctown all them have been unbearably complicated...They have been different. The pay hasn't been bad though...Ya, but you have to be able to spend it at the end of the day...and we will...we better...Wait since when has Theros been seen as the leader of us?...You should shoot him...I'm considering it...You should do more then consider. Wolf catches WIll's eye at the comment of "Theros' team".

After the comms close:
Wolf moves fully into the room. "Well sounds like an interesting job. Sorry I missed most of the meeting. Must have lost track of time." Wolf looks at Theros as he comments about his weapons, "Nothing is better then a good set of pistols by your side. Make sure you know how to use them Kid."

When Kibas finally gets to the conference room:
Wolf looks the large cat up and down not bothering to hide his assessing gaze, he fully expects one in return. Never seen one like him before...its a threat. Kill it...Might be useful. Remember we didn't shoot the dragon and now it's our friend...If you say so. I fully expect you to wake up to it eating you. Then who will be laughing?...neither of us...exactly!!...That made no sense.

Wolf nods to Kibas and give him a solid handshake, Wolf. Over there is Will, the leader of our little band, and you've met John already. So what do you know about the job and what do you bring to the table?"
Wolf Whitaker

Reputation-Based Horror Factor: 12
Weapons
NE-6SL 6/6
NE-6SL 6/6

NG Equalizer
Equalizer 6/6

Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 6/6
Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 0/6
Armor: NE-BA-26

Helmet: 50/50
Arms: L 40/40 R 40/40
Legs: L 50/50 R 50/50
Main Body: 90/90
NE-F50: 160/160

Do not PM this Account. Please direct all PMs to Sum of All Fears
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 381
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: Refugee All Stars

Post by John Altfeld »

ROLLS HELD

CONDITIONS: John is at +1 foot, See Invisible, Radar, Immune to Possession, can't be touched by undead, can't be mind controlled by vampires, etc.
Theros wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 11:47 am "Oh and John sir, Kala means "Thank you" it's Greek."
John looks intensely at Theros, "You're Greek? Do you know Hercules?"
Pantera wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 5:11 pm "I am afraid that I am not Xander, although he has sent me in his stead. I am Kibas Rongar. I was told he has a job for me here." Kibas continued to look stoically at the human. Even at ten feet tall, he still had to crane his neck slightly to look down at someone nearly 4 feet shorter. He makes his way into the doorway. "I do not know much more than that. And who might you be?"
Wolf Whitaker wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 5:57 pm Wolf nods to Kibas and give him a solid handshake, Wolf. Over there is Will, the leader of our little band, and you've met John already. So what do you know about the job and what do you bring to the table?"
John moves to intercept Kibas before he enters the room. "Whoa, hold up there, Tiny. You say you're here in Xander's stead, but you also say you don't know what the job is about and you haven't presented any proof that you actually represent him."

John looks at Rawlings. "Can you vouch for this person? If not, they're going in a conference room under Silence or getting stuck in a dimensional pocket until we can sort this out."

First we're told Theros is 'in charge' by a client. Then a spy walks in the front door with a flimsy story and pretending to be taller than me! What's going on today?!?
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 108/108
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290
Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 10
Initiative Bonus: +13
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+19/+19/+15/+15)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 900'
• See the invisible
User avatar
Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 413
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: Rifts: Australia
Contact:

Re: Refugee All Stars

Post by Jack Killian »

Perception: 67% 1d100: [89] = 89
JIC d20: 1d20: [9] = 9
JIC: 1d100: [41] = 41
Conditions:
Sense the Presence of Spirits Amulet
Talisman Invincible 200 MD
Altess Eviscerator Count Bustamante

Jack looks at the newcomer, and wonders about this, Is he a Werecat? His mind goes back to his encounter When He was controlled by a God and had a date with the Goddess.

Someone sent him? Odd! He is a tall cat.

After Wolf shakes his hand, Jack steps forward. As he is shaking his hand Jack speaks “Names is Jack, I’m the fireman of the group? You are kinda tall for a Werecat.”

When John rolls up and starts questioning the cat. he looks at John and the rest and says, “Well If he doesn’t have any information, this trip will be short.”
"Flash Fry, put another Shrimp on the Barbie" Gmail: Sinder.JKing@gmail.com
OOC Comments
Jack Killian
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 196/196
H.P.: 42/ 42 MD
S.D.C.: 90/ 90

NE-BA-50 “Raider” Heavy Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 80
Arms: 55 each
Legs: 80 each
Main Body: 140
Weight: 30 lbs.
Modifiers: -20% to physical skills
Features:
Naruni Thermo-Kinetic Armor (p.35-36, DB8)
Book Reference: p.40, DB8

Weapon Carried:

CP-50 "Dragonfire" Assault Pulse Laser and Grenade Launcher
Range:
Laser: 2,000'
Grenade Launcher: 1,200'
Damage:
Single shot: 2d6 M.D.
Burst: 6d6 M.D.
Grenade: 2D6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Micro-fusion grenade: 6d6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot pulse bursts only; 1 grenade or 4-grenade bursts only
Payload:
E-Clip: 21 shots

Altess Eviscerator (Patron Item)
Damage: 6D6
Special Abilities
• Electrical Discharge:
• • Range: Touch or up to 200'
• • Damage: 4D6

MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol

Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6+3 M.D.

NeraTech Pn-50 "Splatter Gun"
Range: 60', Payload: 18/clip,
2 clips (current)Acid: 4D6 S.D.C. or 2D6 M.D. to a 3 foot radius.

CN-1 Net

Skorblade Short Sword
Damage: 1D8 M.D.
Weight: 3 lbs.
Features: excellent balance and craftsmanship
Modifiers: +1 to strike and parry
Book Reference: p.152, MercOps

TW "Dragonfire" Flamethrower
Range: 100'
Damage: single Shot: 1D6x10 M.D.
Spray: 1D6x10 M.D. to all targets in a 100' long & 10' wide arc (3 APM)
Rate of Fire: single shots & sprays only
Payload: 5 blasts per P.P.E. clip
Weight: 8 lbs.



Sense the Presence of Spirits Amulet

The amulet changes color whenever an entity is within 100'

Image
User avatar
William Summers
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 498
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:32 am
Location: Roughnecks - PC
Contact:

Re: Refugee All Stars

Post by William Summers »

Perception: 1d100: [29] = 29 /51% (+15% regarding machines and/or magic)
JIC: 1d20: [11] = 11 / 1d100: [81] = 81

So, no mole. They're just being targeted. If we embed ourselves in one of these caravans, we'll be sure to trigger their trap. And good luck to the fool who targets us. Animal or not. "Thank you Miss Tarn. I think it best if we travel via teleportation rift. Our vehicle would make too obvious a target. It would be best for us to embed ourselves with the refugee envoys to catch the attackers unawares."

When the call ends, Will turns to John and says "Erin freakin Tarn. Did we just hit the big time? I think we just hit the big time. Where. Is. Mouser?!" Will goes to search the offices for their derelict robot assistant.

When the door bell rings, Will can be heard shouting from the back of the office "Is that Mouser?!" He makes his way to the front of the office to chastise his employee when he sees that instead of a robot, there is a very tall catman at the desk. "Oh, hello. Welcome to the Roughnecks. What kinda help do you need?" When Kibas mentions a job, Will strokes his chin. "Oh. Are you the refugee coming with us or Leopold or... I'm very confused. No matter. We do have room in our crew for another set of hands. Like Wolf mentioned, I'm Will the leader of...this. Tell us about yourself."

Turning to John, he says "Hey, look! He's taller than you!"
The Man in Black
Ledger
User avatar
General Disarray
Game Master
Posts: 76
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:41 pm

Re: Refugee All Stars

Post by General Disarray »

Theros wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 11:47 am "Is there nothing more to go on for what these creatures may be, any hair, or blood left behind, claw marks, the number of the claws for the strikes? tracks or foot prints, the stride they use?"
"I wish we could tell you more. Our scouts are not forensic experts, but they have gathered some evidence. The only thing we know for sure, CS vehicle tracks consistent with a general transport, and foot prints consistent with standard issue CS uniform. We have also found some fabric remnants that come from standard issue CS uniforms. That being said nothing about the encounters indicate anything close to standard CS operations."
William Summers wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:26 pm "Thank you Miss Tarn. I think it best if we travel via teleportation rift. Our vehicle would make too obvious a target. It would be best for us to embed ourselves with the refugee envoys to catch the attackers unawares."
Erin Tarn replies, "We have made arrangements for transport to a camp outside of Whykin. We have been bringing D-Bees from camps outside Whykin. Whykin is becoming less hospitable to these camps. Human Refugees have integrated into Whykin, but D-Bees have remained in the camps finding no welcome in the city proper. Sentiments have been souring. Kingsdale is being overrun with refugees to the point it is becoming taxing. We have stepped in and offered to relocate these D-Bees to Castle Refuge as a way to of placating Whykin and aiding Kingsdale. We have had a total of 8 migrations. The majority of the attacked convoys came from this camp. The last of these convoys leaves in 2 days. We have made arrangements to embed your team in that Convoy. Rawlings will be embedded as a security team member. He will return shortly and help you prepare for departure. No need to worry about a portal. It is expected that a Tomorrow legion vehicle will be arriving with an escort team. A portal would not go unnoticed by Whykin and would be outside the norm for these operations. Rawlings will brief you on the role each of you will be playing. You will leave Whykin with 50 Refugees, and pick up 100 more in Kingsdale. We don't have the resources to transport all of the refugees in vehicles. We are spread thin, and unfortunately must remain vigilant of the CS and be prepared for possible attack at castle refuge, so they will be hoofing it. We will have some vehicles supporting security. This is the single largest group we have ever transported. The groups who were slaughtered were 75-100 civilian D-Bees. We hope the greater numbers and your help will greatly improve survivability. We are calling up every available Tomorrow Legion Agent to reinforce security. Of course the counter to that is that the size of the target will be more attractive to whoever or whatever is commencing these attacks. Rawlings is en route now. He will be your Tomorrow Legion point man. He is one of our best. Anything you need let him know he will do his best to help you procure it. Look forward to meeting you in person hopefully after a successful mission. Godspeed Gentlemen and Lady." She looks at Venenifer, and the transmission ends.

The team is introduced to Kibas. There is some confusion but everyone is hospitable. After a few minutes, the door alarm rings again and it is Rawlings.

He enters the room and says, "Kibas Rognar, I apologize at my absence upon your arrival. I was afraid that Leopold would fail to relay the proper sentiments of the Tomorrow Legion so I left to intercede. When I caught up with him he said you were in route to my amazement. A testament to your tolerance and patience." He turns to the rest of the group. "So I am sure Lord Coake and Miss Tarn informed you of the plan and that I am point for the Tomorrow Legion. Please know that doesnt mean I am directing you. We hired you to do what you do, not what we do. My job here is as a consultant and to embed you into the convoy. I have reviewed your dossiers. Mr. Whittaker and Mr. Summers, we will have you be agents of the Tomorrow Legion. One of the concessions we made to Whykin is that only Human members of the legion will act as escorts for the refugees. Please place these Tomorrow legion symbols on the left side of your chest armor." He hands you the symbols. The outline of what appears to be a castle cast in a golden material. As you place it on your armor a light blinks and what appears to be a scanning beam covers your body and then the coloration of your armor is changed to match the colors of the legion. "The effects are temporary and optical only. You have been temporarily deputized into the legion for the duration of this job. We would love to have you in a more permanent capacity but it is not a choice that should be made lightly. The rest of you will be embedded with the refugees. Unfortunately Mis Venenifer we have to ask you to stay behind.
I hope you understand that those that could sense your nature would be uncomfortable and it may discourage the results we are seeking. All these refugees are just folk. They don't have your abilities. We will be providing clothing that can be used to conceal your armor and weapons. Their protection is of the utmost importance. Only use your abilities to protect them. You will be refugees from another camp we are bringing to travel with this group. Mr. Rognar, you are new to Earth so you will remain with these gentlemen and depend on them to acclimate you to our customs. These people have lost their homes and their livelihoods. Tensions will be high, so it is imperative you do not inadvertently aggravate any tensions among the refugees. Our focusing need to be on protecting them and not settling disputes between them. That is the overall plan any . . . "
Before he can finish an inquiry, his comm alert goes off. "Sorry priority message once sec." he moves into the next room.

"No. No. No way. . . What do you mean they requested him? . . . I don't care if they are Elves wanting an Elf. We have an agreement with Whykin no D-Bees on the security team. . . They ok'd him as a personal escort for them? What the hell. We can't even depend on Whykin to be racist a-holes? . . . A donation was made to get the approval. . . Well he hates people. No way he will agree. . . He agreed? . . . Damn it Captain I am tasked with keeping these refugees safe and you are giving me a freaking atom bomb with a hair detonator. Yes sir. I apologize sir. Yes sir." You hear a click. And in a hushed exclamation. "Damn it to hell." He emerges from the room.

"I apologize for the interruption. As I was saying, That is the overall plan. Any questions?"
User avatar
Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 413
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: Rifts: Australia
Contact:

Re: Refugee All Stars

Post by Jack Killian »

Perception: 67% 1d100: [83] = 83
JIC d20: 1d20: [10] = 10
JIC: 1d100: [17] = 17

Conditions:
Sense the Presence of Spirits Amulet
Talisman Invincible 200 MD
Altess Eviscerator Count Bustamante

(Rawlings Arrive)
Well that settles that, I guess Rawlings knows kibble bits.

Embedding us? well I don't like the sound of that.
Count Bustamante speaks to Jack, "You know that is not what you think or hope it means."
Jack smiles, "I known. And I'm not leaving you behind."
Rawlings
Please place these Tomorrow legion symbols on the left side of your chest armor." He hands Will and Wolf (?) the symbols. The outline of what appears to be a castle cast in a golden material.
Well isn’t that fancy! What were is mine?
Rawlings
One of the concessions we made to Whykin is that only Human members of the legion will act as escorts for the refugees.
Hell I’m human! Maybe the date with the goddess left a change to my Aura. Or was it with the Rainbow Serpent? Just Wait they want us to act as a unit, but they are dividing us into smaller groups. Hey, Jennifer isn't invited?
Rawlings
You will be refugees from another camp we are bringing to travel with this group. Mr. Rognar, you are new to Earth so you will remain with these gentlemen and depend on them to acclimate you to our customs. These people have lost their homes and their livelihoods. Tensions will be high, so it is imperative you do not inadvertently aggravate any tensions among the refugees.
Me, a refugee, sounds like Australia again.
Count Bustamantes speaks, "Oh Jack, you can and always play that role to perfection." Jack smile,

Rawlings walks away for a call

Shit we are getting our hands tied.
Elves?
To William Jack whispers, “Were being divided up. I don’t think we have our rides. Have to play by their rules. We should have gotten more. Unless I get to have a beautiful elf as my Sheila! Just for playing the part of a hobo. And no, kibble bits, kittycat, won’t do.” Jack smiles.
Count Bustamantes speaks up, "From your memories the goddess was a 20 out of 10, I think you might be lucky to get a 5. For you, aim low and if you get a 6, Congratulation!"
"Flash Fry, put another Shrimp on the Barbie" Gmail: Sinder.JKing@gmail.com
OOC Comments
Jack Killian
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 196/196
H.P.: 42/ 42 MD
S.D.C.: 90/ 90

NE-BA-50 “Raider” Heavy Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 80
Arms: 55 each
Legs: 80 each
Main Body: 140
Weight: 30 lbs.
Modifiers: -20% to physical skills
Features:
Naruni Thermo-Kinetic Armor (p.35-36, DB8)
Book Reference: p.40, DB8

Weapon Carried:

CP-50 "Dragonfire" Assault Pulse Laser and Grenade Launcher
Range:
Laser: 2,000'
Grenade Launcher: 1,200'
Damage:
Single shot: 2d6 M.D.
Burst: 6d6 M.D.
Grenade: 2D6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Micro-fusion grenade: 6d6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot pulse bursts only; 1 grenade or 4-grenade bursts only
Payload:
E-Clip: 21 shots

Altess Eviscerator (Patron Item)
Damage: 6D6
Special Abilities
• Electrical Discharge:
• • Range: Touch or up to 200'
• • Damage: 4D6

MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol

Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6+3 M.D.

NeraTech Pn-50 "Splatter Gun"
Range: 60', Payload: 18/clip,
2 clips (current)Acid: 4D6 S.D.C. or 2D6 M.D. to a 3 foot radius.

CN-1 Net

Skorblade Short Sword
Damage: 1D8 M.D.
Weight: 3 lbs.
Features: excellent balance and craftsmanship
Modifiers: +1 to strike and parry
Book Reference: p.152, MercOps

TW "Dragonfire" Flamethrower
Range: 100'
Damage: single Shot: 1D6x10 M.D.
Spray: 1D6x10 M.D. to all targets in a 100' long & 10' wide arc (3 APM)
Rate of Fire: single shots & sprays only
Payload: 5 blasts per P.P.E. clip
Weight: 8 lbs.



Sense the Presence of Spirits Amulet

The amulet changes color whenever an entity is within 100'

Image
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 381
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: Refugee All Stars

Post by John Altfeld »

Perception: 1d100: [95] = 95 / 76%
JIC: 1d100: [7] = 7 / 1d20: [17] = 17

CONDITIONS: John is at +1 foot, See Invisible, Radar, Immune to Possession, can't be touched by undead, can't be mind controlled by vampires, etc.
William Summers wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:26 pm When the call ends, Will turns to John and says "Erin freakin Tarn. Did we just hit the big time? I think we just hit the big time. Where. Is. Mouser?!" Will goes to search the offices for their derelict robot assistant.

Turning to John, he says "Hey, look! He's taller than you!"
"Ha ha, yeah, Erin Tarn, right? She's famous!"

And then, when Will talks about how tall the new catperson is, something inside John's brain breaks and he stands there, staring blankly for a full five seconds before he can recover. "Uhhh. Nuh-uh!"

He starts to take his clothes off, gets as far as getting everything above the waist off and starting to take off his shoes, looks at Rawlings, and thinks better of it.

Revenge is a dish best served cold and naked, my fine, furry friend...

John remains entirely silent while Rawlings gives his very long speech. Finally, he says, "Okay, so we play dress up and hide among the potential victims. We can still skip over to Kingsdale and infiltrate from that side, rather than coming from here, right? It'll cut down on the potential of people trailing us or knowing we started in MercTown."

Wow, everyone sure talks about Xander blowing things up a lot. He must be super-cool!

"The mission seems clear enough. I'll leave most of my gear behind. Only need the sword, probably."

He pauses, then adds, "You know, most of us are going to light up like Solstice Trees to any kind of magic-detecting ability, right? And I'm NOT leaving my trinkets behind. A possessed John is a very bad thing."
Last edited by John Altfeld on Tue Jan 17, 2023 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 108/108
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290
Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 10
Initiative Bonus: +13
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+19/+19/+15/+15)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 900'
• See the invisible
User avatar
Ash, the kid (Theros)
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:28 pm

Re: Refugee All Stars

Post by Ash, the kid (Theros) »

Perception: 31% (+15% involving vampires or undead) 1d100: [30] = 30
JIC: 1d20: [14] = 14
JIC: 1d100: [42] = 42
Sense vampires/undead always active


While listening to the long speeches ~I sure hope their ability to make plans is better than their briefings, though still better than the last time I tried to speak in front of a crowd~ Looking over at the others to see if this is usual, not having worked with people treated with high regard for those outside of his people. ~Seems no one is else seems to notice, must be standard I guess~


When they get to the part about Vennifer not going, Theros seems a bit confused and worried. Looks at will and John for a moment and re-focuses. ~If they are worried about someone detecting D-Bee's and that is the real reason they are asking her to stay behind, then why ask for us directly then? Technically I am a D-bee, and even supernatural since i was about 5 years old, as well as about half the team from what I have gathered, this seems fishy as hell, I am certain some would show up in detect supernatural, I am pretty sure of~ "How important is it that you keep Dimensional beings away from this operation?"

Looking over at Kibas, and then back at the long winded one. "Pretty sure he would stick out more than the lady..."
Theros
Description
Outside of his armor's, appears to be a early teenager, despite his age. Dark red hair (Auburn) Light Blue/Grey eyes, sparse freckles on body, tall, athletic build. He has his marks of heritage on his wrists as do every True Atlantean, he wears leather bracers over them outside of his armor's. Tattoos are placed mainly on his torso, so not as visible if worn with regular clothing.
User avatar
Wolf Whitaker
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 193
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:24 pm

Re: Refugee All Stars

Post by Wolf Whitaker »

Perception: 1d100: [64] = 64 /65%
JIC: 1d20: [10] = 10 ; 1d100: [4] = 4


Paranoia Thought Text

Active Effects:
  • HF: 12
  • (Opponents must roll to save vs horror factor whenever the Gunslinger makes a serious threat (stop or else ... ) and again if and when he first draws his weapon on a character. Likewise, those who attack a Gunslinger must roll to save vs Horror Factor whenever facing the Gunslinger in a one-on-one showdown, duel, or shootout, and whenever an opponent makes his first move to attack the Gunslinger, even if the gunslinger isn't aware the character plans to attack.)
  • See Invisible
  • Night vision 60’
  • Integrated Sensor Pod - NE Armor
    • 360° scanning capability
    • Allows user to dodge all attack, even those from behind and/or surprise
  • Optics Enhancements
    • Passive Night Vision: 3,000'
    • Telescopic Vision (up to 20x Magnification): 1 mile
    • Macro-Lens (6x Magnification)
    • Thermo-Imager: 2,000'

Wolf's foot begins to tap as Tarn drones on and becomes faster and louder as Rawlings talks for longer the Tarn. Come on already. It's good info but man just get to the point already...Please just shoot him to shut him up. My ears are bleeding...No they're not...Yes they are, Please just shoot him!!!!...Umm, Maybe...Really?...No...Ugh don't tease me like that..
Wolf's foot comes to a stop when Ven is excluded from the mission. They want us to go in without the dragon but with the oversized cat?...Ya, They aren't planning your down fall at all. Nope not one bit...I don't like this...Hey we finally agree on something! Wolf looks square at Rawlings. His eyes are intense and calculating, "Please explain what you mean Rawlings. Why are you excluding one of ours while bringing on one of yours? I may not be well versed in the magical stuff, but I'm sure Ven sticks out less then your oversized cat. At the very least she could tail us from a distance to be on stand by in case things really turned south." Wolf will go along with what ever rebuttal Rawlings has to this, but will give him one last sideways glance before looking back to Will. "Well these badges are odd. Not sure I like the look. I'm going to head to the bazaar see if I can get us a few cheap small scout drones. If its just the two of us acting as the caravan guards we will need more eyes outside then in. Hopefully with some early warning we can keep our objective alive and get them where they need to go." Wolf moves closer to Will so only he can hear him, "We sure these badges only change our look? You know I'm not the trusting type, but I don't like it. Feels like a set up."
Wolf Whitaker

Reputation-Based Horror Factor: 12
Weapons
NE-6SL 6/6
NE-6SL 6/6

NG Equalizer
Equalizer 6/6

Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 6/6
Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 0/6
Armor: NE-BA-26

Helmet: 50/50
Arms: L 40/40 R 40/40
Legs: L 50/50 R 50/50
Main Body: 90/90
NE-F50: 160/160

Do not PM this Account. Please direct all PMs to Sum of All Fears
User avatar
William Summers
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 498
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:32 am
Location: Roughnecks - PC
Contact:

Re: Refugee All Stars

Post by William Summers »

Perception: 1d100: [87] = 87 /51% (+15% regarding machines and/or magic)
JIC: 1d20: [2] = 2 / 1d100: [54] = 54

Will listens to the spiel and nods his agreement. "Makes sense if they're xenophobic. You hear that Wolf, we're the 'normal' ones. Ha! Idiots." Rawlings' fancy uniform doodad gets an interested look from Will. When he asks for any further questions, Will raises his hand. "Yeah, I'm gonna need someone to show me how this works. Can I keep these?" Will pokes at his imager repeatedly, looking for a button or any indication of how it works. (Basic Electronics: 1d100: [93] = 93 /78% - FAIL, Mechanical Engineer: 1d100: [49] = 49 /63% - PASS, Electrical Engineer: 1d100: [67] = 67 /63% - FAIL)
Jack Killian wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 11:22 am To William Jack whispers, “Were being divided up. I don’t think we have our rides. Have to play by their rules. We should have gotten more. Unless I get to have a beautiful elf as my Sheila! Just for playing the part of a hobo. And no, kibble bits, kittycat, won’t do.” Jack smiles.
"We'll be fine. You three are tougher than a bottle of Tokanii hooch. And I'm pretty sure Wolf and I can shoot our way out of anything that comes our way. We'll keep our earpieces in and our eyes sharp."
Wolf Whitaker wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:24 amWolf moves closer to Will so only he can hear him, "We sure these badges only change our look? You know I'm not the trusting type, but I don't like it. Feels like a set up."
"The second they do something we don't like, we plug em. I trust Erin Tarn and Lord Coake. I know nothing of this Tomorrow Legion, but we come out of this successful and it's another big damn payday."
The Man in Black
Ledger
User avatar
General Disarray
Game Master
Posts: 76
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:41 pm

Re: Refugee All Stars

Post by General Disarray »

As each person comments and queries, Rawlings addresses each member to address their concern.
John Altfeld wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:38 pm "Okay, so we play dress up and hide among the potential victims. We can still skip over to Kingsdale and infiltrate from that side, rather than coming from here, right? It'll cut down on the potential of people trailing us or knowing we started in MercTown."
"Excellent point Mr. Altfeld. Kingsdale would be a great way to assuage any suspicions. A group of magic beings leaving Whykin, with refugees of no magic ability may cause suspicion. We will get you to Kingsdale and you will join the caravan then."
John Altfeld wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:38 pm He pauses, then adds, "You know, most of us are going to light up like Solstice Trees to any kind of magic-detecting ability, right? And I'm NOT leaving my trinkets behind. A possessed John is a very bad thing."
"That isn't a concern, our caravans from Kingsdale usually include magic users, magical beings and D-Bees. This will not seem abnormal at all. Your suggestion of joining at Kingsdale, you make your addition more organic. I appreciate the input."
Theros wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 10:18 am "How important is it that you keep Dimensional beings away from this operation?"

Looking over at Kibas, and then back at the long winded one. "Pretty sure he would stick out more than the lady..."
"The Lady is not being kept away because for any other reason, but her formidable abilities. In fact I have been instructed to give her this map to Castle Refuge, so that she can meet you there. She like you is always welcome there." He takes out and envelope and hands it to Venn. "Our fear is if they sense her presence it may make them reconsider the attack they need to initiate for our plan to work. The power of a Dragon is a known variable. Common wisdom says don't engage. While your powers are comparable, their is no instinct to avoid you because of your nature alone. That is not the case with a Dragon."
Wolf Whitaker wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:24 am "Please explain what you mean Rawlings. Why are you excluding one of ours while bringing on one of yours? I may not be well versed in the magical stuff, but I'm sure Ven sticks out less then your oversized cat. At the very least she could tail us from a distance to be on stand by in case things really turned south."


"As I said sticking out isn't a problem. Awe Factor of a Dragon potentially scaring the people we are attempting to capture is. I am sorry you overheard my conversation, but yes Xander Leopold will be joining us. To be fair, I would rather go down a slide of razorblades into a vat of rubbing alcohol than bring this one that is "ours" and have to command him, but that wasn't an option they offered me."

Wolf Whitaker wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:24 am "Well these badges are odd. Not sure I like the look. I'm going to head to the bazaar see if I can get us a few cheap small scout drones. If its just the two of us acting as the caravan guards we will need more eyes outside then in. Hopefully with some early warning we can keep our objective alive and get them where they need to go."
William Summers wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:51 pm "Yeah, I'm gonna need someone to show me how this works. Can I keep these?" Will pokes at his imager repeatedly, looking for a button or any indication of how it works. (Basic Electronics: 1d100: [93] = 93 /78% - FAIL, Mechanical Engineer: 1d100: [49] = 49 /63% - PASS, Electrical Engineer: 1d100: [67] = 67 /63% - FAIL)
(OOC: William notices that the engineering is obviously alien, and it is extremely advanced. It is delivering considerable power for the nanites for such a small device.)

"Eggheads call it Nano-Dye. It has nanites that can infiltrate the material of your clothing and cause it to reflect different parts of the light spectrum, thus changing the fabrics color. Currently we can configure them to one configuration, but their is a prototype of one that can be completely customizable. It is temporary and completely non invasive. We will not be offended if you analyze it to confirm what I have said Your experience with us is limited, and we do not expect you to trust us without question. So please feel free to analyze it. We hope that one day you will be familiar enough with us that you will know our motives are noble. But please don't break them. It is cutting edge tech, and if I get yelled at by R&D one more time I am going to lose it."

Once everyone has their questions answered, Rawlings, tells you that the transport to Kingsdale will leave in two days at 6:00am. It will carry everyone but William and Wolf to Kingsdale. Wolf and William leave at 6am tomorrow morning. It is 2 PM right now. You may go pick up any additional items you need in the shopping thread. He gives you a hanger locations, and the Tomorrow Legion Personnel information. Wolf and William will meet Rawlings and now Xander for their departure to Whykin. Everyone else will meet with WO, Joanna Dixon, a Tomorrow Legion Pilot for the departure to Kingsdale. He gives each team a secure communicator to contact him should there be any issues or concerns that arise. He bids the team farewell and exits the building.
User avatar
Ash, the kid (Theros)
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:28 pm

Re: Refugee All Stars

Post by Ash, the kid (Theros) »

Perception: 31% (+15% involving vampires or undead) 1d100: [66] = 66
JIC: 1d20: [19] = 19
JIC: 1d100: [92] = 92
Sense vampires/undead always active

General Disarray wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:12 am
"Eggheads call it Nano-Dye. It has nanites that can infiltrate the material of your clothing and cause it to reflect different parts of the light spectrum, thus changing the fabric's color. Currently we can configure them to one configuration, but there is a prototype of one that can be completely customizable. It is temporary and completely noninvasive. We will not be offended if you analyze it to confirm what I have said Your experience with us is limited, and we do not expect you to trust us without question. So please feel free to analyze it. We hope that one day you will be familiar enough with us that you will know our motives are noble. But please don't break them. It is cutting edge tech, and if I get yelled at by R&D one more time I am going to lose it."
The young True Atlantean seems intrigued in the tech conversation as it occurs, though he keeps quiet so not show how new this realms tech is to him. ~I know some of the tech is similar to ours, but with no magic implemented, that makes stealth missions easier, I wonder how one would be able to detect someone using it, Electro magnetic pulse maybe?~
General Disarray wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:12 am Once everyone has their questions answered, Rawlings, tells you that the transport to Kingsdale will leave in two days at 6:00am. It will carry everyone but William and Wolf to Kingsdale. Wolf and William leave at 6am tomorrow morning. It is 2 PM right now. You may go pick up any additional items you need in the shopping thread. He gives you a hanger locations, and the Tomorrow Legion Personnel information. Wolf and William will meet Rawlings and now Xander for their departure to Whykin. Everyone else will meet with WO, Joanna Dixon, a Tomorrow Legion Pilot for the departure to Kingsdale. He gives each team a secure communicator to contact him should there be any issues or concerns that arise. He bids the team farewell and exits the building.
The "Kid", known as Ash to non team members, starts planning what to take,~Definitely going to take the new pistols and gear along with some of the ammo I been making in advance that Will helped me out in getting, the group is mostly pretty good guys, thou that weird look Wolf gives me every now and then makes me think he might either be feral, or a bit touched in the head, maybe a bit of both?~ After the visitors leave, Theros turns to the others and asks loudly "Ok being the new kid, I have to ask, are they usually this talkative, or is it me?"

Theros then goes off to collect his gear, ammo and bags, and will get a nights rest.
Last edited by Ash, the kid (Theros) on Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Theros
Description
Outside of his armor's, appears to be a early teenager, despite his age. Dark red hair (Auburn) Light Blue/Grey eyes, sparse freckles on body, tall, athletic build. He has his marks of heritage on his wrists as do every True Atlantean, he wears leather bracers over them outside of his armor's. Tattoos are placed mainly on his torso, so not as visible if worn with regular clothing.
User avatar
Wolf Whitaker
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 193
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:24 pm

Re: Refugee All Stars

Post by Wolf Whitaker »

Perception: 1d100: [7] = 7 /65%
JIC: 1d20: [14] = 14 ; 1d100: [95] = 95


Paranoia Thought Text

Active Effects:
  • HF: 12
  • (Opponents must roll to save vs horror factor whenever the Gunslinger makes a serious threat (stop or else ... ) and again if and when he first draws his weapon on a character. Likewise, those who attack a Gunslinger must roll to save vs Horror Factor whenever facing the Gunslinger in a one-on-one showdown, duel, or shootout, and whenever an opponent makes his first move to attack the Gunslinger, even if the gunslinger isn't aware the character plans to attack.)
  • See Invisible
  • Night vision 60’
  • Integrated Sensor Pod - NE Armor
    • 360° scanning capability
    • Allows user to dodge all attack, even those from behind and/or surprise
  • Optics Enhancements
    • Passive Night Vision: 3,000'
    • Telescopic Vision (up to 20x Magnification): 1 mile
    • Macro-Lens (6x Magnification)
    • Thermo-Imager: 2,000'

Wolf listens to the explanations and the subsequent argument over the radio, What kind of operation is this?...They are going to get us all killed. You're going to have shoot first...If the people we are working with are this out there, I will. Still this nano-whatever thing is kind of cool. I wonder if I can get something like it for Fang and Shadow...Those two we can trust at least...If the nano-thingy can alter color patterns it could act as camo for them...Good idea. But we need more of the wolves. At least 4...Agreed, but they are expensive. Should be able to get more after this mission. Ammo is going to get expensive...keep the jobs coming and it won't be an issue...Did the kid just say something?...It did. Please!!!!Shoot it!!!!...Maybe...really?...Maybe

Wolf looks back to the Kid his brown eyes almost freezing Theros in place. "What are you talking about? The client? or the client's underling? They all seemed to talk a lot. Maybe it's how they think they are in charge. Who cares, we got the details and we'll be getting a good payday at the end of this. So get your gear and be ready when it's your turn to leave. We won't be there to wake you if you sleep in Kid." Wolf turns to Will, "I'll be making sure I'm ready. See you in the Moring Boss." Wolf pops his drone control panel open on his arm, "Fang, Shadow. Prep to leave. 0600. I'll be down in a moment." Shadow comes back over the drone comm, "Yes Leader. Collecting equipment for travel now." Wolf pauses and looks back over his shoulder, If you guys have any thing you want me to carry on my horse bring it to the garage and I'll get it secured. Heavy weapons or things like that. I can take a few. This way you still have access to them without looking out of place." Awe look at you, your being so nice. I HATE IT!...Volume. Anyway it cause if they are better equipped then we have a better chance at completing the job...they also have a better chance of killing you...Well I can always count on you to keep me safe...you bet! Wait, you're mocking me. DAMN YOU!!! I'M GOING TO SHOUT AS LOUD AS I CAN!!!!!! Wolf winces and rubs his left temple as he leaves the room for the garage.

Once in the garage Wolf will ensure he has all the equipment he needs for this expedition. Food, ammo, a small tent and sleeping gear. "You guys ready?" Wolf says without looking over his shoulder,
"Always Leader. We have been practicing out tactics for a couple of weeks now. We do need at least one more for a true wolf pack."
Wolf nods, "I know. I'm going to get you a couple more brothers when I can afford it."
Shadow nods in a very mechanical way. Like a program trying to emulate a human, "Of course, Leader. Might I suggest at least one unit with a laser based weapon? Having at least one unit not reliant on consumable ammunition will in crease lethality projections by seventy-three point nine eight percent."
Wolf pauses, then nods in agreement, "That's a good idea. I wanted to keep ammunition the same across the pack to keep resupply issues from happening, but if it's hooked directly to your power source it should work." The tactical computing of these units is amazing. Its good to have along...It's good to have a partner that wont shoot you in the back...that too. Wolf will lash and large weapons or gear to Dusty for the trip tomorrow morning.

The next morning, when the time comes to leave Wolf will ride out on Dusty with Fang and Shadow flanking him. You can be dramatic sometimes, you know that. This is what gets us noticed enough for people to come kill us...Shut up. you know you like the attention…No. YOU like the attention...Maybe.
Wolf Whitaker

Reputation-Based Horror Factor: 12
Weapons
NE-6SL 6/6
NE-6SL 6/6

NG Equalizer
Equalizer 6/6

Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 6/6
Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 0/6
Armor: NE-BA-26

Helmet: 50/50
Arms: L 40/40 R 40/40
Legs: L 50/50 R 50/50
Main Body: 90/90
NE-F50: 160/160

Do not PM this Account. Please direct all PMs to Sum of All Fears
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 381
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: Refugee All Stars

Post by John Altfeld »

Perception: 1d100: [90] = 90 / 76%
JIC: 1d20: [9] = 9 / 1d100: [18] = 18

CONDITIONS: John is at +1 foot, See Invisible, Radar, Immune to Possession, can't be touched by undead, can't be mind controlled by vampires, etc.

John listens as Rawlings explains things. Huh. Can people sense dragons that easily? Note to self, find dragon detector. Test on Venenifer.

It's flattering that the little girl from Nashville was so impressed with us that she put together a whole song and dance to join our team in her natural dragon form!

He keeps his face impassive while more questions are answered.

They probably call it nano-dye because that's what it is, Rawlings. I can't wait for Xander to get here. If Rawlings hates him, he's probably cool as hell.

After Rawlings is done explaining and the business of transferring payments is taken care of, John sticks around to get basic planning nailed down.
Wolf Whitaker wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:07 pm Wolf looks back to the Kid his brown eyes almost freezing Theros in place. "What are you talking about? The client? or the client's underling? They all seemed to talk a lot. Maybe it's how they think they are in charge. Who cares, we got the details and we'll be getting a good payday at the end of this. So get your gear and be ready when it's your turn to leave. We won't be there to wake you if you sleep in Kid."
"Don't worry, Ash, I'll be here to wake you up if you oversleep." John gives Theros his least reassuring smile.

Later, he gets his things together, helps Wolf get his two big boy guns strapped to Wolf's robot horse, and hires a pet sitter from Bestiary of the Bizarre for Mr. Scritches.

Since he knows the area they're heading to, John doesn't bother getting maps before this job, like he normally does, but does try to do some basic research on the Tomorrow Legion. Then he parties all night.

In the morning, he tries to wrap up his sword like some kind of walking stick or crutch. John doesn't leave behind his best defense from ghosts and that one demon he made fun of.

And then, presumably, it's time to go.
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 108/108
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290
Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 10
Initiative Bonus: +13
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+19/+19/+15/+15)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 900'
• See the invisible
User avatar
William Summers
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 498
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:32 am
Location: Roughnecks - PC
Contact:

Re: Refugee All Stars

Post by William Summers »

Perception: 1d100: [8] = 8 /51% (+15% regarding machines and/or magic)
JIC: 1d20: [19] = 19 / 1d100: [3] = 3

”Nano-Dye. Very cool. Tell R&D that I’m keeping this one. This one is mine.”
Wolf Whitaker wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:07 pm"I'll be making sure I'm ready. See you in the Moring Boss."[/b]
Will nods to the gunslinger and says "
Image
."


Will does his necessary preparations to get ready for his trip to Whykin. First, he takes the talismans from his teammates to recharge them. Bringing them with him, he heads to the Collegiate Arcane. Meditating while absorbing ley line energy to bring his personal PPE reserves to their max and three times beyond, he easily recharges the various talismans he brought with him. He brings himself back up to full PPE. Then he casts Energy Sphere and spends the amount of time necessary to pump it to it’s fullest point (800 PPE) and then brings himself back up to the brim.

Next, he packs up his backpack and chest rig to ensure he’s got everything he needs for the trip. "Got the champagne machine packed up...
Image
...Shit, I think I'm good!"
Will is ready to roll as soon as 6 AM rolls around.
The Man in Black
Ledger
Post Reply

Return to “Roughnecks Adventure Forum”