Episode 1: What just happened?

Adventured threads & archive sub forum

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

User avatar
Lynn Jacobs
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:02 pm

Re: Episode 1: What just happened?

Post by Lynn Jacobs »

Perception: 1d100: [10] = 10 / 31%
JIC: 1d20: [14] = 14 / 1d100: [22] = 22
Conditions: +1 save vs HF
SDC: 16/20
HP: 19/19
Skills:

On the road…

Lynn watches the streetcar pass by without trouble, but the blood splattered upon it worries her. This can’t be happening…
Dylan Sowell wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:48 am"Well, whatever the hell this is, it isn't confined to this district. Those streetcar lines cross districts. We'd best pray the problem's confined to The Big Easy." He looks over at Lynn after saying this.
She looks over to Dylan. “Did you catch the news reports this morning? Seems this pandemic, the Wave as they’re calling it, is a problem in most metropolitan areas. The hospitals have been dealing with overcrowding for the last week.” She stops to consider the events of their morning, then adds, “The first…attacker was wearing a hospital gown. I really don’t know what’s happening right now. Remy mentioned zombies, but that’s Hollywood stuff, right? Anyway, maybe it’s best to get out of the city for now. I don’t know about you, but I suddenly regret leaving home.”

If there’s trouble, Lynn will be sure to keep the truck's passenger window rolled up and the door locked. If needs be, she'll dodge the best she can in her seat.
Actions (4):
Initiative: 1d20: [13] = 13
1. Dodge: 1d20+2: [7]+2 = 9
2. Dodge: 1d20+2: [16]+2 = 18
3. Dodge: 1d20+2: [14]+2 = 16
4. Dodge: 1d20+2: [12]+2 = 14
Parries (if needed): 1d20+2: [14]+2 = 16 , 1d20+2: [2]+2 = 4 , 1d20+2: [10]+2 = 12 , and 1d20+2: [20]+2 = 22
Lynn Jacobs
“We'd stared into the face of Death, and Death blinked first. You'd think that would make us feel brave and invincible. It didn't.” - Rick Yancey, The 5th Wave
User avatar
The Governor
Dimension Master
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:45 pm

Re: Episode 1: What just happened?

Post by The Governor »

Location: New Orleans, Louisiana - Outside The Saenger Theater and Hotel, N Rampart St.
Date: April 1st
Time: 3:20 pm (sunrise: 6:50am / sunset: 7:15pm)
Weather: cloudy, 90º
Notes
Josh, car abandoned on the street 2 blocks away, near the corner of Canal & Liberty
Caravan order: Remy, Nana Jo, Dylan, and Macher



Macher slows to a stop and after a very brief talk, Brandon loads up into Macher's SUV. They converse a little more as Macher offers Brandon the use of a weapon. As the convoy slows, Nana Jo sees Nacher come to a stop and drops back to pull up alongside of the SUV. This is Macher's first good look at an older member of the group, but she doesn't linger as everything looks okay and she pulls out in front of Macher's SUV until they catch up to the rest of the group.

Dylan and Lynn start to discuss just how widespread the current trouble is and Lynn spoils Dylan's hope that it's only a local thing when she brings up the fact that the pandemic has started to be called the Wave and is spread across the country if not further. Sitting in the bed of Dylan's truck, like a day laborer picked up for a construction job, Josh rides along calmly. Dylan and Lynn also notice that the side streets are mainly residential and there seems to be quite a few people out loading up their cars with whatever they feel is important to them. Dylan sees one man trying to fit the largest TV he's ever seen into a Hando Civic, while Lynn spots a family trying to cram a baby stroller into a trunk already over filled with suitcases.

Up in the front, Remy video's the trolly car and some of what else is going on. If the video is ever looked at later, it is of excellent quality. Somehow Remy managed to hold the camera steady and deliver spot on dialog corresponding to the images.

Everyone notices that traffic has started to pick up too. There are at least five other cars driving in the same direction as the caravan but as the group starts to ease into the curve to the east on North Rampart Street, a number of the cars peel off onto St. Bernard Avenue. Based on the map, Lynn and Remy figure that they're headed up to I-10 thinking it'll be the quickest way out of town.

As the caravan comes around the curve and are now on St. Claude Avenue heading easterly, everyone notices that most of the traffic is either headed to the west, back the way they came from or it's running up the cross streets to the north. About a block and a half from the intersection of St. Claude Avenue and Elysian Fields Avenue, Remy and Dylan see that traffic is slowing to a stop at that intersection and there appears to be some sort of traffic accident but they're too far away to see exactly what the problem is.

What do you do?
User avatar
Remy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2022 6:23 am

Re: Episode 1: What just happened?

Post by Remy »

Perception: d%: [70] = 70 | 53%
JIC: 1d20: [20] = 20 | d%: [21] = 21
Conditions: +1 vs HF, +1 vs psi/insanity
HP: 17/17
SDC:19/20

The Governor wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:01 pmAs the caravan comes around the curve and are now on St. Claude Avenue heading easterly, everyone notices that most of the traffic is either headed to the west, back the way they came from or it's running up the cross streets to the north. About a block and a half from the intersection of St. Claude Avenue and Elysian Fields Avenue, Remy and Dylan see that traffic is slowing to a stop at that intersection and there appears to be some sort of traffic accident but they're too far away to see exactly what the problem is.
Shit. Possible accident ahead. Things are about to get really messy in The Big Easy. We need to get ahead of this otherwise our chances for survival are going to fall real fast.

Remy rolls his window down, makes eye contact with Nanna Jo on her motorcycle and flags her forward to have a discussion.

"Reckon we might have an accident up ahead. Ain't no waiting for police to clear it." Remy gestures in the direction of the hospital that they had previously seen squad cars racing toward.

"Figure it'll be a bad idea to get bogged down. So I'm thinking it's law-breaking time. I'll be heading 'cross these tracks, crossing the intersection facing on-coming traffic and then heading back onto St. Claude once past the obstruction. Figure you can do with that info what you want... really wish we had some walkie-talkies."

A strained look rests on Remy's face as he looks with determination at the road ahead, focused on not getting his van stuck on anything or getting into a collision of his own as he tries to bypass the accident maneuvering into oncoming traffic for a little while. He will wait on the trolley track (yellow hash) area before heading into oncoming traffic unless another southbound trolley happens by ((presumably not likely given we just saw one pass)), in which case he will try to Frogger his way into the Walgreens parking lot as an action of last resort.

Legend:
  • Blue rectangle: where I assume the caravan currently is.
  • Red arrows: direction of Remy's intended driving.
Automobile. d%: [51] = 51 | 73%
StClaudeElys.png


Having pulled onto the yellow hash trolley tracks and getting a better view, Remy sees that the intersection is fully blocked. He quickly hits his hazard lights, the universal sign that those behind should stop and/or be cautious, hoping that the rest of the caravan will see and puts his van into park.

Well that's no good. We are going to need to either find another way or clear the intersection. But it's probably a good idea to see what is at the intersection first.

Hopping into the cargo/rear area of his van, Remy digs up one of his DJI Tello drones before heading back to the driver's seat.

Guess if I lose this little guy, it'll be an acceptable loss. Remy thinks to himself as he turns on the drone, and selects the activated drone through the DJI flight app.

Once the live camera view shows up on his phone, he will roll down his window and toss it into the air (before rolling up his window) and fly it to survey what the issue is at the intersection. If time allows, Remy will also scout out the nearby streets to assess which ones are most heavily congested and which might allow for passage of their caravan.

Roadwise. d%: [14] = 14 | 67% <== Assessment of local traffic and whether there are other options for getting moving (without needing to clear this intersection)

Should the cause for the traffic at the intersection call for immediate notification of the others, Remy will roll down his window and holler back at the caravan what is happening at the intersection ((example: zombie attack)).


Initiative: 1d20: [10] = 10
APM: 4
Action 1: Dodge if necessary. 1d20+3: [1]+3 = 4
Action 2: Dodge if necessary. 1d20+3: [6]+3 = 9
Action 3: Dodge if necessary. 1d20+3: [14]+3 = 17
Action 4: Dodge if necessary. 1d20+3: [19]+3 = 22

Parries (if necessary): 1d20+3: [20]+3 = 23 , 1d20+3: [13]+3 = 16 , 1d20+3: [12]+3 = 15 , 1d20+3: [12]+3 = 15
User avatar
Brandon Rodgers
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:24 pm

Re: Episode 1: What just happened?

Post by Brandon Rodgers »

Perception 15%: d100: [73] = 73
JIC: d100: [15] = 15 , d20: [17] = 17

Brandon says to Macher, “Why we stopping? Did something just fly out of the lead car?” If we stop too long we may find we draw some unwanted attention.He starts looking around making sure the isn’t anything approaching their stopped vehicle. He grips the gun nervously ready to act.


Action 1: Pistol - To Strike 4 d20+8: [4]+8 = 12 , Damage: 4d6: [6, 4, 4, 6] = 20
Action 2: Dodge - d20+12: [14]+12 = 26
Action 3: Pistol - To Strike 3 d20+8: [3]+8 = 11 , Damage: 4d6: [4, 6, 3, 1] = 14
Action 4: Dodge - d20+12: [7]+12 = 19
Action 5: Pistol - To Strike 10 d20+8: [10]+8 = 18 , Damage: 4d6: [6, 4, 2, 2] = 14
Action 6: Dodge - d20+12: [15]+12 = 27
Last edited by Brandon Rodgers on Tue Nov 08, 2022 5:10 pm, edited 4 times in total.
User avatar
Dylan Sowell
Posts: 56
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:09 pm

Re: Episode 1: What just happened?

Post by Dylan Sowell »

Perception: 46% / 1d100: [43] = 43
JIC: 1d20: [14] = 14 / 1d100: [66] = 66
Conditions: +3 v HF, +1 v Toxins;
Automobile 66% / 1d100: [1] = 1 (Amazeballs critical success!)
Automobile 66% / 1d100: [33] = 33
Automobile 66% / 1d100: [10] = 10
Lynn Jacobs wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 8:05 pm“Did you catch the news reports this morning? Seems this pandemic, the Wave as they’re calling it, is a problem in most metropolitan areas...Remy mentioned zombies, but that’s Hollywood stuff, right? Anyway, maybe it’s best to get out of the city for now.”
Dylan's mind goes fuzzy and tunes out much of what he hears from Lynn. Fuck. This is it then. And it's a ri-goddamn-diculous zombie apocalypse, after all. Hollywood accidentally got something right. Dylan shakes his head ruefully. Guess Mom wins the bet. Dad was always certain it was gonna be a nuclear exchange. I laid money on a super virus. Mom was the one we teased about thinking it'd be something we thought impossible. I think she was hinting at the rapture without saying it, but I guess a zombie apocalypse still fits the bill. "Yeah," he mutters in reply, "big cities are the worst place to be in pretty much every kind of disaster. It's why I have a cozy compound set up on a small island outside of Detroit's suburbs. Time to find high ground somewhere with fresh water and away from people until things calm down a bit."
GM wrote:Everyone notices that traffic has started to pick up too. There are at least five other cars driving in the same direction as the caravan but as the group starts to ease into the curve to the east on North Rampart Street, a number of the cars peel off onto St. Bernard Avenue. Based on the map, Lynn and Remy figure that they're headed up to I-10 thinking it'll be the quickest way out of town. As the caravan comes around the curve and are now on St. Claude Avenue heading easterly, everyone notices that most of the traffic is either headed to the west, back the way they came from or it's running up the cross streets to the north. About a block and a half from the intersection of St. Claude Avenue and Elysian Fields Avenue, Remy and Dylan see that traffic is slowing to a stop at that intersection and there appears to be some sort of traffic accident but they're too far away to see exactly what the problem is.
Of course. Knew this was gonna happen. His window down, Dylan does not slow down, but rather accelerates. "Hold tight," he tells Lynn, then yells loudly out the window at their caravan, "Don't stop for shit!" He then floors it as he aims to find the path of least resistance and GO. He pays absolutely zero heed to traffic laws, customs, or courtesies. He doesn't even realize he's speaking out loud as he says, "The law's fucked now. No point in it. The tribe is now all. Speed and distance, man. Water, bullets, and food. Next couple weeks are gonna be totally fucked."

Initiative: 1d20: [2] = 2
All actions reserved for defense & driving.

Parries (+7 included): 1d20+7: [9]+7 = 16 , 1d20+7: [12]+7 = 19 , 1d20+7: [3]+7 = 10 , 1d20+7: [1]+7 = 8 , 1d20+7: [14]+7 = 21 , 1d20+7: [2]+7 = 9
Dodges (+8 included): 1d20+8: [14]+8 = 22 , 1d20+8: [19]+8 = 27 , 1d20+8: [15]+8 = 23 , 1d20+8: [15]+8 = 23 , 1d20+8: [17]+8 = 25 , 1d20+8: [18]+8 = 26
My Linktree Page
Dylan Sowell
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Macher
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2022 1:43 pm

Re: Episode 1: What just happened?

Post by Macher »

Perception: 15% / 1d100: [87] = 87
JIC: 1d20: [2] = 2 / 1d100: [14] = 14
Conditions: +5 v HF, +2 v Non-lethal Toxins, +4 v Lethal Toxins;
Automobile: 63%/ 1d100: [32] = 32
Automobile: 63%/ 1d100: [60] = 60
Automobile: 63%/ 1d100: [82] = 82
Automobile: 63%/ 1d100: [95] = 95
Automobile: 63%/ 1d100: [14] = 14
Brandon said: wrote: “Why we stopping? Did something just fly out of the lead car?”
Macher tries to crane his neck to see ahead without opening the window. F@$k!!, we do not need this. Why didn’t I stay on base? At least I would have had my own team, equipment, and known the geography.

”Don’t know, but it can’t be good. Looks like traffic is backed up in general. It may get bumpy and I need to concentrate on driving, so I need you to pick up the slack on defense.” God, I hope he is as smart and good with that gun as he is pretty. At least he looks to be young and in shape so his eyes should be good.
Dylan Wrote: wrote: then yells loudly out the window at their caravan, "Don't stop for shit!" He then floors it as he aims to find the path of least resistance and GO. He pays absolutely zero heed to traffic laws, customs, or courtesies.
Hearing this Macher honks twice and gives a short wave to show he heard. Good, someone is willing to make decisions. It may not always be the best decision, but it is always better than freezing and not doing anything.

Macher says partly to himself and partly for Brandon. ”Good, let’s go.” the loud enough for Dylan to hear…hopefully ”Go, go. I’m on your 6!"

In case of violence: Initiative: 1d20+3: 1d20+3: [16]+3 = 19
All actions reserved for defense & driving.

Parries (+4 included): 1d20+4: [2]+4 = 6 , 1d20+4: [8]+4 = 12 , 1d20+4: [17]+4 = 21 , 1d20+4: [20]+4 = 24 , 1d20+4: [5]+4 = 9
Dodges (+5 included): 1d20+5: [15]+5 = 20 , 1d20+5: [9]+5 = 14 , 1d20+5: [8]+5 = 13 , 1d20+5: [1]+5 = 6 , 1d20+5: [10]+5 = 15
User avatar
Lynn Jacobs
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:02 pm

Re: Episode 1: What just happened?

Post by Lynn Jacobs »

Perception: 1d100: [83] = 83 / 31%
JIC: 1d20: [16] = 16 / 1d100: [89] = 89
Conditions: +1 save vs HF
SDC: 16/20
HP: 19/19
Skills:
Land Navigation: 1d100: [71] = 71 / 61%
Invoke Trust: 1d100: [73] = 73 / 25% (to get Dylan's attention)

Near the Intersection of St. Claude Avenue and Elysian Fields Avenue

Observing some traffic heading north, Lynn checks her atlas and concludes that those drivers must be headed for the interstate. She points it out to Dylan and adds, “I’m sure they aren’t the only ones with that idea. I-10 is probably a mess. Remy was smart to stick to this route.”
The Governor wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:01 pmAbout a block and a half from the intersection of St. Claude Avenue and Elysian Fields Avenue, Remy and Dylan see that traffic is slowing to a stop at that intersection and there appears to be some sort of traffic accident but they're too far away to see exactly what the problem is.
“Remy’s stopped. What’s happening up ahead?” Lynn wonders out loud. She checks the map at her disposal and tries to locate a detour that will get the group back on track. “Maybe turn right on Frenchmen…we can get around whatever is…”
Dylan Sowell wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 5:02 amDylan does not slow down, but rather accelerates. "Hold tight," he tells Lynn, then yells loudly out the window at their caravan, "Don't stop for shit!" He then floors it as he aims to find the path of least resistance and GO. He pays absolutely zero heed to traffic laws, customs, or courtesies. He doesn't even realize he's speaking out loud as he says, "The law's fucked now. No point in it. The tribe is now all. Speed and distance, man. Water, bullets, and food. Next couple weeks are gonna be totally fucked."
“Wait! You’re going to…” Kill somebody…oh god! Realizing that Dylan isn’t going to slow down or stop for anyone, Lynn scrambles to grab the handle above her door. She grips it so tightly that her knuckles turn white. She wraps an arm around Tarka in an attempt to keep her safe. With wide eyes, she looks back at Josh in the bed of the truck and prays that he won’t fall out. Looking back at Dylan as he goes on about the current state of laws, she tries to calm him down. "Dylan, if you don't think things through, someone's going to get hurt," she reminds him gently. "We can get through this if we stay calm. Right?"

If there’s trouble, Lynn will be sure to keep the truck's passenger window rolled up and the door locked. If needs be, she'll dodge the best she can in her seat.
Actions (4):
Initiative: 1d20: [6] = 6
1. Dodge: 1d20+2: [15]+2 = 17
2. Dodge: 1d20+2: [9]+2 = 11
3. Dodge: 1d20+2: [9]+2 = 11
4. Dodge: 1d20+2: [6]+2 = 8
Parries (if needed): 1d20+2: [11]+2 = 13 , 1d20+2: [20]+2 = 22 , 1d20+2: [8]+2 = 10 , and 1d20+2: [2]+2 = 4
Lynn Jacobs
“We'd stared into the face of Death, and Death blinked first. You'd think that would make us feel brave and invincible. It didn't.” - Rick Yancey, The 5th Wave
User avatar
Brandon Rodgers
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:24 pm

Re: Episode 1: What just happened?

Post by Brandon Rodgers »

(Rolls Carried)
Macher wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 6:34 am Macher tries to crane his neck to see ahead without opening the window. F@$k!!, we do not need this. Why didn’t I stay on base? At least I would have had my own team, equipment, and known the geography.

”Don’t know, but it can’t be good. Looks like traffic is backed up in general. It may get bumpy and I need to concentrate on driving, so I need you to pick up the slack on defense.” God, I hope he is as smart and good with that gun as he is pretty. At least he looks to be young and in shape so his eyes should be good.
Dylan Wrote: wrote: then yells loudly out the window at their caravan, "Don't stop for shit!" He then floors it as he aims to find the path of least resistance and GO. He pays absolutely zero heed to traffic laws, customs, or courtesies.
Hearing this Macher honks twice and gives a short wave to show he heard. Good, someone is willing to make decisions. It may not always be the best decision, but it is always better than freezing and not doing anything.

Macher says partly to himself and partly for Brandon. ”Good, let’s go.” the loud enough for Dylan to hear…hopefully ”Go, go. I’m on your 6!"
WTF!!!!! Brandon quickly pops the clip out of the gun. Pulls back the slide and catches the bullet. Puts it in the clip and reinserts the clip and sets it down in the between his legs and he quickly buckles his seat belt. He picks the gun back up. “Physics isn’t on our side here. I hope his truck is stronger than it looks.”

Roll w/ Impact d20+9: [15]+9 = 24
User avatar
Nanna Jo
Posts: 53
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:16 pm

Re: Episode 1: What just happened?

Post by Nanna Jo »

Perception: 15% / 1d100: [59] = 59 (FAIL)
JIC: 1d20: [15] = 15 / 1d100: [25] = 25
Conditions: +1 v HF, +4 v Toxins;
The Governor wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:01 pm Everyone notices that traffic has started to pick up too. There are at least five other cars driving in the same direction as the caravan but as the group starts to ease into the curve to the east on North Rampart Street, a number of the cars peel off onto St. Bernard Avenue. Based on the map, Lynn and Remy figure that they're headed up to I-10 thinking it'll be the quickest way out of town.

As the caravan comes around the curve and are now on St. Claude Avenue heading easterly, everyone notices that most of the traffic is either headed to the west, back the way they came from or it's running up the cross streets to the north. About a block and a half from the intersection of St. Claude Avenue and Elysian Fields Avenue, Remy and Dylan see that traffic is slowing to a stop at that intersection and there appears to be some sort of traffic accident but they're too far away to see exactly what the problem is.
Nanna Jo is enjoying the wind as she rides along the road away from where the traffic's headed. Good run this, we might get out before it's dark! Shortly afterward, alas, their luck changes. The accident at an intersection comes into view.

"I suppose it couldn't last," Nanna Jo sighs to herself, "but maybe we can get around it?"

She pulls up behind Dylan's truck and waves to Josh who'd been riding in the back. "I got a drone in the saddle here. Can fly it up and get a squiz at where we can go around-"
Dylan Sowell wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 5:02 am "Don't stop for shit!" He then floors it as he aims to find the path of least resistance and GO.
Nanna Jo is shocked. What IS he thinking? Her motorbike follows slowly at an increasing distance as Dylan's truck hurtles forward. Is this another Alpha Male Wolf Man moment? She moves aside incase any other lunatics want to accelerate past her to join Dylan's charge. If he howling at the moon?

"Well, if he hits a kid I'll smack him out." After a moment she draws in a sharp breath with a muttered curse, takes off in pursuit. "Bloody American yobbos!" She accelerates wildly to catch up to the group, mindful of obstacles and keeping enough distance between her and the large vehicles just in case disaster strikes. Got to keep up, but need the stopping distance too!

Motorcycles & Snowmobiles 68%: 1d100: [38] = 38 (SUCCESS)
Nanna Jo
"The cricket bat is mightier than the pen and the sword combined."

H.P.: 24/24
S.D.C.: 38/38
Armor Worn Leather Riding Suit (Padded)
  • A.R.: 12
  • S.D.C.: 35/35
User avatar
The Governor
Dimension Master
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:45 pm

Re: Episode 1: What just happened?

Post by The Governor »

Location: New Orleans, Louisiana - Outside The Saenger Theater and Hotel, N Rampart St.
Date: April 1st
Time: 3:22 pm (sunrise: 6:50am / sunset: 7:15pm)
Weather: cloudy, 90º
Notes
Caravan order: Dylan, Nana Jo, Macher, Remy



Remy starts to slow as the traffic jam ahead comes into view, with plans to dig out a drone for some aerial recon but Dylan zooms passed him to take the lead of the caravan. By the time Remy gets going again, Nana Jo and Macher have passed him as well. No one really hears Dylan as he yells out his window but everyone falls in line as he leads the caravan into the trolly lane.

Everyone bounces around as Dylan leads the caravan through the trolly switch tracks and over the low yellow dividing curb and into the on-coming lanes. From the on-coming lands the view of the intersection is clearer. Best guess is that a Hostess snack delivery truck was going east on St. Claude when a police car heading north on Elysian Fields Avenue slammed into it. When it was struck, the Hostess truck spun and turned over on its side, with the back end opened up it slung Twinkies all across the road. What really draws your attention is the police car. The front end is smashed pretty good but the cop has gotten the door open and is stumbling out somewhat dazed, likely saved by the airbag.

As you reach the intersection proper, Dylan finds his line and stays on track with everyone else doing their best to follow along. Cutting through the spilled Twinkies, they explode like a mine field as the car smash them to paste, yellow cake and cream filling flying everywhere. Before Dylan has the caravan through the intersection, the cop has gotten to his feet and is pulling his pistol but he doesn't take aim at the caravan. He's pointing the pistol into the back seat of his car about the time the cop lets off the first round, Dylan hops the curb and is threading the needle between the trees and poles lining the grass covered median. Tree branches scrape along the sides of the larger vehicles but Nana Jo, on her much smaller motorcycle, has no issues.

Dylan leads the group off the median about halfway down the block and due to the mess now behind them, the east bound side of St. Claude Avenue is clear of traffic for at least five blocks. Coming around a slight curve at the intersection with Franklin Avenue, Dylan notices that they seem to have crossed some invisible line and the majority of the traffic here is headed north. The street here is mainly residences but there are some store scattered here and there. At least a third to a half of the houses you pass have people loading cars and a few of the businesses have the owners outside putting plywood up over the windows and doors like a hurricane was coming.

As the caravan progresses down the road they see several loaded down cars duplicate Dylan's maneuver and cut across the median but they are all aiming for a north bound road and the group passes fairly easily. No one appears to be following the traffic signals anymore either as they head to wherever their destination may be. Though the California stop has gained popularity as most people seem to brake a little when they don't have the right or way, if only to check that the cross traffic is clear. Glancing in the rearview mirror, Dylan catches sight that a few cars have fallen in behind the caravan.

The caravan has gone about another mile down St. Claude when the crossbeams of a bridge can be spotted ahead. The way is fairly clear, with most of the traffic still heading north, though even that seems to have dropped off as this stretch of the road has turned more commercial. As the caravan crosses Poland Avenue, everyone hears the pop, pop, pop and those that look will see what appears to be a shoot out in the parking lot of the Dollar General on the north side of the street. Dylan sees that the people fleeing are carrying cases of bottled water.

What do you do?


Butcher's Bill
Lynn: -4 sdc
Remy: -1 sdc
Tarka: -3 sdc
User avatar
Dylan Sowell
Posts: 56
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:09 pm

Re: Episode 1: What just happened?

Post by Dylan Sowell »

Perception: 46% / 1d100: [8] = 8
JIC: 1d20: [14] = 14 / 1d100: [24] = 24
Conditions: +3 v HF, +1 v Toxins;
Automobile 66% / 1d100: [74] = 74
Lynn wrote:"Dylan, if you don't think things through, someone's going to get hurt. We can get through this if we stay calm. Right?"
Dylan gives her enough time while driving to show her a wry, angry, sympathetic smile. "Oh, I've thought this through all right." He turns his eyes back to the road. The driving ahead isn't quite as crazy as it's clear, but it deserves his attention. "I've been thinking exactly this situation through for the better part of a decade, lady. And my folks? Most of their lives. It's the rest of you who haven't thought things through. Everyone else who hasn't prepared. The whole of you, this civilization, you've not thought things through. Your 'just in time' supply chains, your fucked up priorities, your abundance of distractions, your stupid faith in words on paper, your moronic idolatry of government as the savior-in-abstract who'll solve all your problems. Worst of all this cult of relentless progress. The arrogance of it all. The ignorance of history. Your refusal to look ruin & collapse in the face and acknowledge it as kin, not as a stranger. Look around you, Lynn. This is how much people like you--good people trying to do what they think is right but with a narrow perception of reality--this is the result of how little you have thought things through. And Lynn, BILLIONS are 'going to get hurt' this time around. Last time we played this flick, a third of Europe perished. We didn't have medicine then, sure, but we also didn't have billions crammed in cities dependent on fragile supply chains, unable to defend themselves, and unable to feed themselves." Jesus, I almost sound like grandpa, and I never realized how right grandpa was until she gave me the freaking news. "Lynn, you may not realize it, or maybe you're still shoving that truth deep down with your hope, but that news you gave me--that this shit is national, maybe international? You just told me these are the end of days--for civilization, anyway. I don't think this is how the carpenter of Nazareth would herald his return and the coming of the kingdom of God. I really don't. Folks with your skills and knowledge, Lynn--folks like you are gonna become worth far more than your weight in gold. And it's gonna be folks like me who keep you alive to preserve life."
GM wrote:The caravan has gone about another mile down St. Claude when the crossbeams of a bridge can be spotted ahead. The way is fairly clear, with most of the traffic still heading north, though even that seems to have dropped off as this stretch of the road has turned more commercial. As the caravan crosses Poland Avenue, everyone hears the pop, pop, pop and those that look will see what appears to be a shoot out in the parking lot of the Dollar General on the north side of the street. Dylan sees that the people fleeing are carrying cases of bottled water.
"We still on the right course, yeah? You're the navigator, Lynn! Guide us outta the maelstrom." Dylan follows Lynn's guidance & directions, true to his word that he's just driving.

Initiative: 1d20: [8] = 8
All actions reserved for dodges.

Parries (+7 included): 1d20+7: [3]+7 = 10 , 1d20+7: [16]+7 = 23 , 1d20+7: [10]+7 = 17 , 1d20+7: [17]+7 = 24 , 1d20+7: [6]+7 = 13 , 1d20+7: [7]+7 = 14
Dodges (+8 included): 1d20+8: [7]+8 = 15 , 1d20+8: [16]+8 = 24 , 1d20+8: [7]+8 = 15 , 1d20+8: [14]+8 = 22 , 1d20+8: [2]+8 = 10 , 1d20+8: [7]+8 = 15
My Linktree Page
Dylan Sowell
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Nanna Jo
Posts: 53
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:16 pm

Re: Episode 1: What just happened?

Post by Nanna Jo »

Perception: 21% / 1d100: [20] = 20 (SUCCESS)
JIC: 1d20: [14] = 14 / 1d100: [98] = 98
Conditions: +1 v HF, +4 v Toxins;
The Governor wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:30 pm When it was struck, the Hostess truck spun and turned over on its side, with the back end opened up it slung Twinkies all across the road. What really draws your attention is the police car. The front end is smashed pretty good but the cop has gotten the door open and is stumbling out somewhat dazed, likely saved by the airbag.
There's always time for Twinkies! Nanna thinks to herself as she crosses the intersection. She hasn't been in the country long, but one of the local delights she knew well was the Twinkie. It was like with Wagon Wheels back home, totally different to Twinkies, but the same in that one does not simply skip the chance to get some.

She hits the brakes and skids in a wide arc. This maneuver brings her out of the caravan's way as it passes her and she shortly comes to a halt.

Motorcycles & Snowmobiles 68%: 1d100: [47] = 47 (SUCCESS) <--fancy skidding to a halt for the sweet sweet goodies

"Good afternoon officer." she nods at the policeman curtly before reaching down the side of her bike. In a few seconds she grabs a few handfuls of Twinkies that are undamaged by Dylan's mad passage, gleefully shoving them in her jacket. You'd honestly be surprised just how many sugary treats the elderly can put away when they've a mind to.

"What a shocker of a day hey?"
The Governor wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:30 pm Before Dylan has the caravan through the intersection, the cop has gotten to his feet and is pulling his pistol but he doesn't take aim at the caravan. He's pointing the pistol into the back seat of his car about the time the cop lets off the first round...
"Crikey this bloke really hates backseat drivers!" she says to herself. She considers hitting the acceleration, but realises that leaving a copper in a wrecked car isn't her style. What's he shooting at? Not one of those infected nutters is it?

She approaches the officer, walking stick in one hand, the other outstretched offering assistance. She leaves the AK on her back. Can't waltz up to a hyper cop who just had an accident and is shooting up his passengers with an AK in hand. That's just not cricket!

"Hey mate, you hurt? Need a hand? Where's your partner?"

She checks the policeman and his car out.

If a flesh-eating denizen of hell attempts to eat the cop, Nanna will brain it.
If a cop tries to shoot her, Nanna will brain it.
If a zombie is trying to eat a cop, she will try to parry for him and save him.

Initiative: 1d20: [6] = 6
Action 1: Walking stick strike: 1d20+2: [6]+2 = 8 , Damage: 2d4+14: [2, 2]+14 = 18
Action 2: Walking stick strike: 1d20+2: [5]+2 = 7 , Damage: 2d4+14: [1, 2]+14 = 17
Action 3: Walking stick strike: 1d20+2: [14]+2 = 16 , Damage: 2d4+14: [3, 1]+14 = 18
Action 4: Walking stick strike: 1d20+2: [4]+2 = 6 , Damage: 2d4+14: [1, 3]+14 = 18
Action 5: Reserved for Dodge 1d20+5: [4]+5 = 9
Parry rolls: 1d20+5: [16]+5 = 21 , 1d20+5: [5]+5 = 10 , 1d20+5: [12]+5 = 17 , 1d20+5: [16]+5 = 21 , 1d20+5: [10]+5 = 15

If the copper behaves himself, and the threats are dispatched ... or they need to run like hell... she'll raise her helmet visor and look the copper dead in the eye.

"Come with me if you want to live." Saw that on a movie once, always wanted to say that.

Charm 35%: 1d100: [3] = 3 (CRITICAL SUCCESS) <-- offer a helping hand, look trustworthy, be the mad elderly Aussie hero

She adds, "My name's Jo. Nanna Jo. You probably know better than me this city is stuffed, but stick with me and I'll get you out of here."
She looks him up and down for signs of injury, "You hurt? Your car took quite a knock there. Buggers everywhere not paying attention to the road rules. You should have seen this meathead tearing through the intersection in a truck! Didn't stop or nuthin."

First Aid 65%: 1d100: [78] = 78 (FAIL) <-- see if the copper is well enough to ride with her

If there is time, she glances at the wrecked car. "Better get your stuff quicksmart. You can double with me on my bike mate."

Nanna quickly helps the officer get whatever stuff he needs out of his wrecked car. Specifically, she want to take weapons and walkie-talkies, but will help with whatever the policeman suggests. Every car in the movies has a shotty in it. I could use a shotty!

Then she remounts her bike, hopefully with the policeman, and she hits the acceleration! The bike's squeal as she launches it in pursuit of the caravan and away from the crazed cop. The bike's superior acceleration hopefully catches up with the group soon enough. She does another wheelie as she goes. Because, well, because she can.

Motorcycles & Snowmobiles 68%: 1d100: [30] = 30 (SUCCESS) <-- Get outta here, and do a wheelie. Because she can.

OK then. Got my bike. Got the sweets. Got a gun nut in a truck. Got a plan.

During the ride, Nanna yells out of her helmet so the copper can hear. She lets him know where they're headed. "There's a group of us trying to evacuate the city. Came from the Saenger Theatre mate, bloody mess. Everyone getting attacked by lunatics that are so hurt they ought to be dead. A few of us managed to get out and are trying to get out of the city, we could use you with us mate. But if you prefer I can drop you off anywhere along here, or whenever we come across any of your copper friends. Fair enuf?"

If asked about the assault rifle on her back. "No worries there mate, I'm an Australian." As if that explains everything.
The Governor wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:30 pm Glancing in the rearview mirror, Dylan catches sight that a few cars have fallen in behind the caravan.

The caravan has gone about another mile down St. Claude when the crossbeams of a bridge can be spotted ahead. The way is fairly clear, with most of the traffic still heading north, though even that seems to have dropped off as this stretch of the road has turned more commercial. As the caravan crosses Poland Avenue, everyone hears the pop, pop, pop and those that look will see what appears to be a shoot out in the parking lot of the Dollar General on the north side of the street. Dylan sees that the people fleeing are carrying cases of bottled water.
What does it take to bring the Yanks back into the Wild West? Not much I suppose. Nanna's shocked face is hidden underneath her helmet as she takes in the chaotic scene before her. She looks to see what the caravan is doing will approach any that stop for a quick chat.
Last edited by Nanna Jo on Tue Nov 15, 2022 6:11 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Nanna Jo
"The cricket bat is mightier than the pen and the sword combined."

H.P.: 24/24
S.D.C.: 38/38
Armor Worn Leather Riding Suit (Padded)
  • A.R.: 12
  • S.D.C.: 35/35
User avatar
Brandon Rodgers
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:24 pm

Re: Episode 1: What just happened?

Post by Brandon Rodgers »

Perception: 15% d100: [59] = 59
JIC: d100: [39] = 39 , d20: [11] = 11

Brandon breathes a sigh of relief when they make it through the mess. After seeing what people are doing, he turns to Macher and says. "This is super weird. These people I guess think this is just some kind of riot. They are boarding up their stores and some are evacuating. I bet you I-10 is packed. You guys are smart to avoid it. I think the best thing we can do is get to a sparsely populated rural area. If we assume the Zombies are feral and driven by instinct they are going to find the most abundant source of food and gravitate towards it. I mean right now we mitigate risk, then once we get our berrings we can formulate a plan of action." I-10 is a Zombie All-You-Can-Eat Buffet at this point.
User avatar
Remy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2022 6:23 am

Re: Episode 1: What just happened?

Post by Remy »

Perception: d%: [82] = 82 | 53%
JIC: 1d20: [1] = 1 | d%: [80] = 80
Conditions: +1 vs HF, +1 vs psi/insanity
HP: 17/17
SDC:19/20


"Alexa, ask my Dash Cam to start recording," Remy dictates using precise, clipped annunciation, yet with wide-eyed astonishment as Dylan spearheads the caravan past him. Seeing his forward-facing and two side-facing secondary cams (that also catch the side mirrors looking rearward) activation lights turn on in response to the hands-free command, the PI scrambles to get his work van in gear and following Macher's SUV without getting cut off by any other vehicles who agree with the logic of the hasty maneuver.
The Governor wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:30 pmAs you reach the intersection proper, Dylan finds his line and stays on track with everyone else doing their best to follow along. Cutting through the spilled Twinkies, they explode like a mine field as the car smash them to paste, yellow cake and cream filling flying everywhere.
Well that's more than a little bit surreal... Remy thinks to himself as he tries to maintain tight formation within the caravan as they zip through the Twinkie cake-storm. His eyes glance to his dash cams, confirming their activation is still lit. And I have it on record for posterity's sake. Keeping his eyes affixed to the road and their surroundings, Remy doesn't allow himself much time for levity as the seriousness of their situation weighs heavily on his mind.
Nanna Jo wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:49 amShe hits the brakes and skids in a wide arc. This maneuver brings her out of the caravan's way as it passes her and she shortly comes to a halt.
What... is... she... doing?! Remy thinks as Nanna surprises the tail end of the caravan by coming to a stop. Not considering it a particularly wise move, he does not follow suit, instead remaining focused on the maneuvers required to stay on Macher's SUV tail.

With a bit more clear of a road ahead of them thanks to the traffic jam behind them, Remy allows himself a small sigh of relief. He continues to keep the dash cams recording and also paying attention to their surroundings.
The Governor wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:30 pmThe caravan has gone about another mile down St. Claude when the crossbeams of a bridge can be spotted ahead. The way is fairly clear, with most of the traffic still heading north, though even that seems to have dropped off as this stretch of the road has turned more commercial. As the caravan crosses Poland Avenue, everyone hears the pop, pop, pop and those that look will see what appears to be a shoot out in the parking lot of the Dollar General on the north side of the street. Dylan sees that the people fleeing are carrying cases of bottled water.
I'm glad the Google street-view matches reality. Hopefully once we cross this canal, the traffic will continue to lighten as we move away from the dense residential areas of the city. Remy thinks to himself. When the Dollar General gunfight sounds off, Remy checks that his doors are locked and stays on alert. He briefly considers arming himself, but then thinks better of it, concluding that his primary responsibility at this time is to drive and if the gunmen approach, he should be able to maneuver away before they can overtake his vehicle.

"C'mon Dylan, cross the bridge. Let's get on the other side of this canal!" the PI remarks aloud, his voice breaking the otherwise silence of his van. He keeps his hands on the wheel and hopes that they can make it past this bridge bottleneck without incident.


Initiative: 1d20: [3] = 3
APM: 4
Action 1: Dodge if necessary. 1d20+3: [13]+3 = 16
Action 2: Dodge if necessary. 1d20+3: [19]+3 = 22
Action 3: Dodge if necessary. 1d20+3: [7]+3 = 10
Action 4: Dodge if necessary. 1d20+3: [8]+3 = 11

Parries (if necessary): 1d20+3: [8]+3 = 11 , 1d20+3: [15]+3 = 18 , 1d20+3: [1]+3 = 4 , 1d20+3: [15]+3 = 18
User avatar
Macher
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2022 1:43 pm

Re: Episode 1: What just happened?

Post by Macher »

Perception: 15% / 1d100: [65] = 65
JIC: 1d20: [7] = 7 / 1d100: [39] = 39
Conditions: +5 v HF, +2 v Non-lethal Toxins, +4 v Lethal Toxins;
Automobile: 63%/ 1d100: [21] = 21
The Governor wrote: wrote: “the cop has gotten to his feet and is pulling his pistol but he doesn't take aim at the caravan. He's pointing the pistol into the back seat of his car about the time the cop lets off the first round, Dylan hops the curb and is threading the needle between the trees and poles lining the grass covered median. Tree branches scrape along the sides of the larger vehicles but Nana Jo, on her much smaller motorcycle, has no issues.”
AS if this can’t get weirder. Oh, and my poor truck. Blood I can wash off, but not deep scratches. Gonna have to see if they buff out when I have time. Looking at Brandon out of the corner of his eye. "With his driving you may have been safer on the bike."
The Governor wrote: wrote: “As the caravan crosses Poland Avenue, everyone hears the pop, pop, pop and those that look will see what appears to be a shoot out in the parking lot of the Dollar General on the north side of the street. Dylan sees that the people fleeing are carrying cases of bottled water.”
At the sound of gunfire Macher flinches a bit and searches for the source, hand going to his pistol. "F@$k! Doesn’t take long does it." The SUV slows as Macher lets off the gas a bit hesitating. Crap...crap. There could be innocents in there. But a lot of innocents are going to die in this and I need to focus on those I can save. The moment of hesitation ends with a shake of his head, a resigned sigh, and the SUV speeding up again. I hate this. I HATE this!
Nanna Jo wrote:[/quote wrote:”She hits the brakes and skids in a wide arc. This maneuver brings her out of the caravan's way as it passes her and she shortly comes to a halt.”
Macher swears again as he blows past Nanna Jo’s stopped bike. "What the hell is she thinking? Buddy, keep an eye on her in the mirror, I gotta watch ahead. If she isn’t moving again in a few seconds, or looks in trouble we are going back for her!” I may have chosen to the wrong innocents to protect. These are crazy.



In case of violence:
Initiative: 1d20+3: 1d20+3: [8]+3 = 11


Action 1: Reserved for Dodge/vehicle maneuver
Action 2: Reserved for Dodge/vehicle maneuver
Action 3: Draw Glock .40 S&W
Action 4: Strike: 1d20+4: [5]+4 = 9 , Damage (4D6): 4d6: [1, 6, 4, 5] = 16
Action 5: Strike: 1d20+4: [20]+4 = 24 , Damage (4D6): 4d6: [4, 5, 5, 4] = 18

Parries (+4 included): 1d20+4: [16]+4 = 20 , 1d20+4: [15]+4 = 19 , 1d20+4: [2]+4 = 6 , 1d20+4: [6]+4 = 10 , 1d20+4: [7]+4 = 11
User avatar
Brandon Rodgers
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:24 pm

Re: Episode 1: What just happened?

Post by Brandon Rodgers »

Rolls Carried Over
Macher wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:29 am AS if this can’t get weirder. Oh, and my poor truck. Blood I can wash off, but not deep scratches. Gonna have to see if they buff out when I have time. Looking at Brandon out of the corner of his eye. "With his driving you may have been safer on the bike."
"I get the urgency but fuck, we wreck, we get hurt, we get hurt, we slow down, we slow down and we become Zombie food." That dude is nuts!! But then again he might just think these are riots. He may not know what is at stake.
Macher wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:29 am At the sound of gunfire Macher flinches a bit and searches for the source, hand going to his pistol. "F@$k! Doesn’t take long does it." The SUV slows as Macher lets off the gas a bit hesitating.

Macher swears again as he blows past Nanna Jo’s stopped bike. "What the hell is she thinking? Buddy, keep an eye on her in the mirror, I gotta watch ahead. If she isn’t moving again in a few seconds, or looks in trouble we are going back for her!”
"Just stop we can always take off when she is back on the bike. We shouldn't have trouble catching up. If she needs help and we don't stop more ground to cover going back, which means more time and more time means she has more of chance to be overrun." She stopped to save someone. That is the first time we have done that. She is definitely the moral compass.



Action 1: To Strike: d20: [6] = 6 Damage: 4d6: [1, 2, 4, 1] = 8
Action 2: Reserved for Dodge
Action 3: To Strike: d20: [4] = 4 Damage: 4d6: [4, 5, 5, 3] = 17
Action 4: Reserved for Dodge
Action 5: To Strike: d20: [8] = 8 Damage: 4d6: [5, 2, 2, 1] = 10
Action 6: Reserved for Dodge
Dodge: 1d20+12: [12]+12 = 24 , 1d20+12: [6]+12 = 18 , 1d20+12: [7]+12 = 19 , 1d20+12: [19]+12 = 31 , 1d20+12: [9]+12 = 21 , 1d20+12: [5]+12 = 17
User avatar
Macher
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2022 1:43 pm

Re: Episode 1: What just happened?

Post by Macher »

(Rolls carry over)
Brandon Said: wrote: "Just stop we can always take off when she is back on the bike. We shouldn't have trouble catching up. If she needs help and we don't stop more ground to cover going back, which means more time and more time means she has more of chance to be overrun."
Macher glances in his mirrors and sees the panel van pull in behind them. Visions of the stereotype panel van, filled with dead bodies or kidnapped kids flash through his mind. And the line of cars that is joining their convoy.

“Do you know where we are going? Do you see the traffic lining up behind us? Her bike can weave through this faster than we can to catch up. We lose the lead vehicle and we are lost.” Hating himself more with every word. ”Unless she doesn’t get moving or we see trouble, we keep going.”
User avatar
The Governor
Dimension Master
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:45 pm

Re: Episode 1: What just happened?

Post by The Governor »

Location: New Orleans, Louisiana - Outside The Saenger Theater and Hotel, N Rampart St.
Date: April 1st
Time: 3:30 pm (sunrise: 6:50am / sunset: 7:15pm)
Weather: cloudy, 90º
Notes
Caravan order: Dylan, Nana Jo, Macher, Remy


As the rest of the caravan heads east on St. Claude, Nana Jo expertly skids to a halt. As she calls out to the police officer, as she scoops up quite a few packages of Twinkies and dumps them down her jacket before zipping back up.
Nana Jo wrote:"Good afternoon officer." "What a shocker of a day hey?" "Hey mate, you hurt? Need a hand? Where's your partner?"


The cop's pistol clicks a few times as he continues to pull the trigger on the weapon he's emptied into the backseat of his car. Then he just stands there, pistol still pointed into the backseat of his car.

Out of the corner of her eyes, Nana Jo notices that after that scene, a few of the driver's have said 'screw this' and are starting to cut through the mess in the intersection.

The cop seems almost catatonic as Nana Jo peers into the backseat of the cop car, finding a mess. There's two bodies. One looks like he's had a bite taken out of his neck. The other has two bullet wounds in his chest and the better part of her head is missing.

When she turns back to the cop, he's lowered his pistol and seems to be muttering to himself. "The reports said... And she... started to eat him... and and" He's blinking rapidly as he tries to makes sense of what is happening.

Nana Jo glances into the front seat and sees that the laptop screen has been slammed forward and broken but the radio is still on. She hears a variety of clipped messages, "ALL UNITS REPORT IN. Units 4, 5 and 12 haven't reported from University Medical Center. Have lost contact with nine other units dispatched to Tulane, St. Bernard and East hospitals. Looting calls are coming in from all over the city. REPEAT, ALL UNITS REPORT IN. The National Guard is in route."

Nana Jo turns back to the police officer and says;
"Come with me if you want to live. My name's Jo. Nanna Jo. You probably know better than me this city is stuffed, but stick with me and I'll get you out of here. You hurt? Your car took quite a knock there. Buggers everywhere not paying attention to the road rules. You should have seen this meathead tearing through the intersection in a truck! Didn't stop or nuthin."
The officer looks at Nana Jo but doesn't seems to comprehend the words she's saying as he mutter, "My...my...my family." His eyes flick back and forth a few times and then he darts off to the northwest, pistol still in hand. Nana Jo can hear him say, "I've got to save my family." as he runs away from the scene of the accident and shooting.

Looking around, Nana Jo can see the confused faces of the people sitting in the car traffic around her, those that haven't started to jump curbs and swerve around the other cars at least. A few people have even gotten out and are starting to make their way over to the cop car. Nana Jo knows she'll never catch up to the caravan if she has to start answering questions, so she moves quick and slings a leg over her bike. Doing a tight spin turn she points her bike towards the caravan and zips off down the road, her jacket puffy with twinkies.

Down the road;

Dylan's made the call, at least to himself, this is the end of the modern world and he's explaining it to Lynn in a bit of a rant as they near the bridge.

Remy's driving is getting a little sloppy as he jerks the wheel a couple times to stay in his lane but he makes his way up to the number two spot in the caravan as Macher and Brandon start to fall behind.

Macher and Brandon go back and forth as to what exactly they need to do; Hang back to keep track of Nana Jo or keep up with the caravan since neither of then know where the caravan's destination is. They drop further and further behind the leaders as they wait for Nana Jo and eventually loose sight of bother parties, that is, until Nana Jo zips past Macher's Highlander, doing a wheelie on her motorcycle.

Macher kicks in gear and keeps pace with Nana Jo and both vehicles maneuver through traffic until they fall in behind Remy's van.

Glancing over at the Dollar General shoot out, the caravan sees a second group charge from the door carrying a massive amount of toilet paper and firing on the first group with the water, though no one seems to be hitting anything of importance. The stream of traffic heading over the bridge and west on St. Claude Avenue is pretty heavy, with no more that a few car lengths between each vehicle, most of the cars are turning north on Poland Ave.

Traffic heading east on St. Claude Avenue is still not bad. The road starts to elevate for the bridge and Dylan sees the three or four cars in front of him start to head over the bridge. Back near the tail end of the caravan, Nana Jo glances in her mirror and sees a couple cars that were behind the caravan turn off and up Poland Avenue, leaving only a couple of cars in sight within ten car lengths of the rear of the caravan.

The caravan will be on the bridge in the next few seconds. It has four lanes, headed two westerly and headed two easterly.


(GM note: Drivers, I need to know what lane you are in (inside lane or outside lane) and your speed. The posted speed limit is 35 mph.)
Butcher's Bill
Lynn: -4 sdc
Remy: -1 sdc
Tarka: -3 sdc
User avatar
Macher
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2022 1:43 pm

Re: Episode 1: What just happened?

Post by Macher »

Perception: 15% / 1d100: [28] = 28
JIC: 1d20: [12] = 12 / 1d100: [90] = 90
Conditions: +5 v HF, +2 v Non-lethal Toxins, +4 v Lethal Toxins;
Automobile: 63%/ 1d100: [52] = 52
The Governor wrote: wrote: as they wait for Nana Jo and eventually loose sight of bother parties, that is, until Nana Jo zips past Macher's Highlander, doing a wheelie on her motorcycle.

Nana Jo glances in her mirror and sees a couple cars that were behind the caravan turn off and up Poland Avenue,
Something doesn’t feel right. What do the cars turning off know we don’t? Macher’s “Caleb tingle” goes off. Mumbling to himself. ”Something doesn’t feel right.” Glancing at Brandon. ”I seem to be saying this a lot, but hold on.”

Macher’s convoy training had him straddling the center line when possible to block ‘fast movers’ from passing the convoy. He now puts on his hazards, pulls into the open lane, and guns it. When he is about 2 car lengths in front of Dylan’s truck he pulls back into their lane and taps his brakes, motioning out the window for Nanna Jo to come along-side him. Macher continues to slow, trying not to get so close to the bridge to prevent turning around.

Contingency:

If Nanna pulls along-side him: "I don’t like this. I think I read that most of the bridges in NOLA lift or turn for boat traffic. Want to recon to make sure the bridge is usable and clear?”

If Nanna Jo does not pull along-side, or Dylan passes him: Macher pulls back into the trail position following about a car length behind the van, matching speed speed of the convoy. If possible, he continues to straddle the center line to block trailing traffic. If not, he takes the same lane as the convoy.


In case of violence:
Initiative: 1d20+3: 1d20+3: [13]+3 = 16


Action 1: Reserved for Dodge/vehicle maneuver
Action 2: Reserved for Dodge/vehicle maneuver
Action 3: Draw Glock .40 S&W
Action 4: Strike: 1d20+4: [16]+4 = 20 , Damage (4D6): 4d6: [6, 3, 6, 5] = 20
Action 5: Strike: 1d20+4: [20]+4 = 24 , Damage (4D6): 4d6: [4, 4, 4, 6] = 18

Parries (+4 included): 1d20+4: [10]+4 = 14 , 1d20+4: [5]+4 = 9 , 1d20+4: [1]+4 = 5 , 1d20+4: [4]+4 = 8 , 1d20+4: [6]+4 = 10
Dodges (+5 included): 1d20+5: [14]+5 = 19 , 1d20+5: [6]+5 = 11 , 1d20+5: [18]+5 = 23 , 1d20+5: [2]+5 = 7 , 1d20+5: [9]+5 = 14
User avatar
Dylan Sowell
Posts: 56
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:09 pm

Re: Episode 1: What just happened?

Post by Dylan Sowell »

Perception: 46% / 1d100: [96] = 96
JIC: 1d20: [7] = 7 / 1d100: [82] = 82
Conditions: +3 v HF, +1 v Toxins;
Automobile 66% / EP Crit, I'm not risking things this early on! Link

Fucking slow-poke motherfuckers gonna get us all killed with their suburban, milquetoast, basic ass expectations about reality. Seeing the cars proceeding at a reasonably constant rate, but not trusting to such, and further noting the typical gaps and walkway on the outside, Dylan gauges the angle of approach necessary, and aims for the sidewalk side to get his truck a neat 30-45 degree tilt to enable him to bypass the motorists. He yells to both Lynn and Josh in the back, "Hang on tight!" He'll take whichever lane is least occupied, and maintain about a 40 mph speed.

Contingency: If the above seems impossible, Dylan will grumble, pat his M-16 for reassurance, and fall into the outgoing traffic line.

Initiative: 1d20: [9] = 9
All actions reserved for driving & dodging threats.

Parries (+7 included): 1d20+7: [2]+7 = 9 , 1d20+7: [13]+7 = 20 , 1d20+7: [3]+7 = 10 , 1d20+7: [8]+7 = 15 , 1d20+7: [11]+7 = 18 , 1d20+7: [10]+7 = 17
Dodges (+8 included): 1d20+8: [15]+8 = 23 , 1d20+8: [12]+8 = 20 , 1d20+8: [19]+8 = 27 , 1d20+8: [3]+8 = 11 , 1d20+8: [10]+8 = 18 , 1d20+8: [4]+8 = 12
My Linktree Page
Dylan Sowell
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Remy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2022 6:23 am

Re: Episode 1: What just happened?

Post by Remy »

Perception: d%: [1] = 1 | 53%
JIC: 1d20: [4] = 4 | d%: [25] = 25
Conditions: +1 vs HF, +1 vs psi/insanity
HP: 17/17
SDC:19/20


Okay... here we go... Remy muses tentatively as the bridge looms large ahead of them. He frowns slightly at the prospect of getting stuck on this side of the canal.

"Reckon these fellas coming westbound at us and heading northbound on Poland are looking for a fast way to the interstate. Not sure they are going to be satisfied with what they bargained for. Won't take much for the interstate highways to jam up and turn into a massive parking lot. Zombie buffet." Remy narrates to his dash cam, not quite remembering whether an audio recording accompanies the video. Unless they are fleeing trouble on the east side of the canal.. Remy squints hard to assess the vehicles as the doom-filled thought intrudes upon his mind. "If they are running from trouble, figure they'd be a bit more aggressive in their drive-.... the hell?!"

The PI's narration is cut short by both Macher and Dylan's sudden desire to maneuver relative to the steady pace their caravan had previously adopted.

Gently pressing on the brakes, he slows his van and allows the two young bloods to alpha dog their way into a decision on how best to cross the bridge.
The Governor wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 12:43 pm (GM note: Drivers, I need to know what lane you are in (inside lane or outside lane) and your speed. The posted speed limit is 35 mph.)
Remy's initial intention was to cross the bridge on the outside lane (to minimize the chance of colliding with oncoming traffic deciding to drive the wrong way) at the prescribed speed limit (35 mph) or general rate of traffic. However, with Macher and Dylan's maneuvering, Remy will cede initiative to them and only take his desired path and speed if it is not suddenly occluded by the spontaneous actions of the others in his caravan.

Automobile. d%: [7] = 7 | 73% <== Shouldn't need it, because he isn't trying to perform any fancy maneuvers... but just in case.


Initiative: 1d20: [20] = 20
APM: 4
Action 1: Dodge if necessary. 1d20+3: [13]+3 = 16
Action 2: Dodge if necessary. 1d20+3: [6]+3 = 9
Action 3: Dodge if necessary. 1d20+3: [19]+3 = 22
Action 4: Dodge if necessary. 1d20+3: [7]+3 = 10

Parries (if necessary): 1d20+3: [4]+3 = 7 , 1d20+3: [12]+3 = 15 , 1d20+3: [15]+3 = 18 , 1d20+3: [17]+3 = 20
User avatar
Brandon Rodgers
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:24 pm

Re: Episode 1: What just happened?

Post by Brandon Rodgers »

Perception: 15% d100: [20] = 20
JIC: d20: [18] = 18 , d100: [84] = 84
Macher wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:53 am
Something doesn’t feel right. What do the cars turning off know we don’t? Macher’s “Caleb tingle” goes off. Mumbling to himself. ”Something doesn’t feel right.” Glancing at Brandon. ”I seem to be saying this a lot, but hold on.”
“I have no idea where we are or where we are going. So no insight from me. But I always say your gut is the best guide you got.” We are going to need to regroup and see if there are refuges being established.

Brandon holds on to the “oh shit” handle as Macher maneuvers.
User avatar
Lynn Jacobs
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:02 pm

Re: Episode 1: What just happened?

Post by Lynn Jacobs »

Perception: 1d100: [81] = 81 / 31%
JIC: 1d20: [7] = 7 / 1d100: [7] = 7
Conditions: +1 save vs HF
SDC: 16/20
HP: 19/19
Skills:
Land Navigation: 1d100: [97] = 97 / 61%
Invoke Trust: 1d100: [8] = 8 / 25%

St. Claude Bridge

Lynn silently takes in Dylan’s lecture and at the end of it all, she sighs and tries again to calm him down. “I know it looks bad, but try to keep a cool head. I’m a veterinarian and I probably shouldn’t be patching up people.” She winces at the grim scenes they pass by, turning her eyes to Tarka. Everyone has lost their minds, she silently tells her dog. With the bridge looming in the near distance, Lynn tells Dylan, “You’re still going the right way…”
Dylan Sowell wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:39 am...aims for the sidewalk side to get his truck a neat 30-45 degree tilt to enable him to bypass the motorists. He yells to both Lynn and Josh in the back, "Hang on tight!"
“Please be reasonable!” Lynn braces for what is sure to be a bumpy ride. She hangs on to both the “oh shit” handle and Tarka with all the strength she can muster.

If there’s trouble, Lynn will be sure to keep the truck's passenger window rolled up and the door locked. If needs be, she'll dodge the best she can in her seat.
Actions (4):
Initiative: 1d20: [8] = 8
1. Dodge: 1d20+2: [16]+2 = 18
2. Dodge: 1d20+2: [4]+2 = 6
3. Dodge: 1d20+2: [16]+2 = 18
4. Dodge: 1d20+2: [12]+2 = 14
Parries (if needed): 1d20+2: [13]+2 = 15 , 1d20+2: [8]+2 = 10 , 1d20+2: [10]+2 = 12 , and 1d20+2: [20]+2 = 22
Lynn Jacobs
“We'd stared into the face of Death, and Death blinked first. You'd think that would make us feel brave and invincible. It didn't.” - Rick Yancey, The 5th Wave
User avatar
Nanna Jo
Posts: 53
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:16 pm

Re: Episode 1: What just happened?

Post by Nanna Jo »

Perception: 21% / 1d100: [74] = 74
JIC: 1d20: [6] = 6 / 1d100: [20] = 20
Conditions: +1 v HF, +4 v Toxins;
Macher wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:53 am Macher’s convoy training had him straddling the center line when possible to block ‘fast movers’ from passing the convoy. He now puts on his hazards, pulls into the open lane, and guns it. When he is about 2 car lengths in front of Dylan’s truck he pulls back into their lane and taps his brakes, motioning out the window for Nanna Jo to come along-side him. Macher continues to slow, trying not to get so close to the bridge to prevent turning around.
....
If Nanna pulls along-side him: "I don’t like this. I think I read that most of the bridges in NOLA lift or turn for boat traffic. Want to recon to make sure the bridge is usable and clear?”
Nanna matches Macher's speed to exchange words. Sounds fair enough. Maybe it is blocked? She nods in agreement and is about to zip ahead when Dylan loses his marbles.
Dylan Sowell wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:39 am Dylan gauges the angle of approach necessary, and aims for the sidewalk side to get his truck a neat 30-45 degree tilt to enable him to bypass the motorists. He yells to both Lynn and Josh in the back, "Hang on tight!" He'll take whichever lane is least occupied, and maintain about a 40 mph speed.
Yeah this'll be interesting. Or not. Maybe he's just bonkers? I oughta chuck a uey and just clear off.
Remy wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:34 amGently pressing on the brakes, he slows his van and allows the two young bloods to alpha dog their way into a decision on how best to cross the bridge.

Nanna backs off and watches everything from out back. If anyone matches her speed, she'll yell out.

"Ya know a car's weakest part is the nut holding the steering wheel."
Nanna Jo
"The cricket bat is mightier than the pen and the sword combined."

H.P.: 24/24
S.D.C.: 38/38
Armor Worn Leather Riding Suit (Padded)
  • A.R.: 12
  • S.D.C.: 35/35
User avatar
Macher
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2022 1:43 pm

Re: Episode 1: What just happened?

Post by Macher »

(Rolls carry over)
Nanna Jo wrote: wrote: Nanna matches Macher's speed to exchange words. Sounds fair enough. Maybe it is blocked? She nods in agreement…
Good, we are working a bit as a team. Not bad for a group that never trained together.
Dylan wrote wrote: Dylan gauges the angle of approach necessary, and aims for the sidewalk side to get his truck a neat 30-45 degree tilt to enable him to bypass the motorists. He yells to both Lynn and Josh in the back, "Hang on tight!" He'll take whichever lane is least occupied, and maintain about a 40 mph speed.
Nanna Jo wrote: wrote: Dylan loses his marbles.
Macher watches as Dylan loses his marbles and passes them on two wheels. ”What the hell? Did you two see that??

His plan to go slow and let Nanna Jo recon trashed, Macher falls in behind the van (Remy), straddling the center line to block traffic from passing them.

”Hey Brandon, if anyone tries to pass or ride our ass, use your Glock, and maybe the shotgun, to dissuade them, please. I don’t want anyone close enough to attack or accidentally cause an accident. Should also help clear up traffic up ahead as well.” Don’t need to shoot to convince people to leave you alone. Just need to look like you will. I
User avatar
The Governor
Dimension Master
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:45 pm

Re: Episode 1: What just happened?

Post by The Governor »

Location: New Orleans, Louisiana - Lower 9th Ward
Date: April 1st
Time: 3:45 pm (sunrise: 6:50am / sunset: 7:15pm)
Weather: cloudy, 90º
Notes
Caravan order: Dylan, Nana Jo, Macher, Remy



Dylan's and Marcher's maneuvering is all for not as the structure of the bridge forcing them to choose a specific lane. Dylan tries to manage a route along the sidewalk but the guard rail and the chain link fence meant to keep the pedestrians out of the roadway wedge him into the outside lane of the bridge. The rest of the caravan fall in behind him as road surface changes from concrete to metal grating. Everyone can see the looming concrete counter weight hanging over the inside lanes on the far side of the bridge. This must mean bridge lifts up on your end and if it were up, you'd all be taking a swim in the canal right now instead of attempting a Dukes of Hazzard jump.

As you cross the bridge you all see a car in the oncoming lane jump the center curb and try to get ahead of traffic. Unfortunately for more than just them, someone behind you was gunning it up the center land on your side. Everyone hears the crash but Remy's right next to it when it happens and sees the look on the driver's face when the cars meet head on. It's only an instant before the cars are a mangled mess blocking the center lanes. Remy hears bits of debris bounce off the side of this van as the screeching of brakes can be heard behind them.

More than likely, your caravan was the last group of cars that will ever cross that bridge. On the other side of the road, the oncoming traffic has already started to stack up and several of the drivers are turning north, likely headed to another bridge and away from this part of the city.

The area you are in now looks mainly residential and most of the people you see are either boarding up their houses or they are loading their cars and about to attempt to flee the city. One thing is for certain, they all have a look of determination on their faces that states that they are going to protect what they think is theirs.

All in all the driving on this part of the street is pretty smooth sailing. The caravan makes it quite a ways before the road veers to the left some and then a bit harder to the right as it passes over some train trakes. At this point the street signs show that you are still on Remy's route on Hwy 46, but the name of the street has changed to West St. Bernard Hwy.

Off to the right (south) of the street the train tracks split out to become five or six tracks wide and beyond them is some kind of industrial area with the tops of a few cranes peeking above the roofs. On the left (north) side of the road are a number of commercial shops; A U-Haul/Self Storage place, a Pizza Shop and a church. The Church parking lot is full and people have started parking along the street, though you only spot a few people outside that are making their way into the church. after the church is a lumber yard and a furniture store. After this is an odd combination with a gas station, casino and what looks to be the St. Bernard Sheriffs Office 911 call center.

After this is a large open field with a small apartment complex made up a several 2 or 3 story buildings. When the group is even with the field they can see a relatively large 3 story building on the far north side of the field surrounded by a number of large white Army style tents. Remy can see that there was fencing around the tents and building but it has been pushed over in at least one place and everyone sees a large crowd of people have pushed through the fence and are making their way across the field. The crown is easily few hundred people and is about 1500 feet away from the road but there are several people running out in front of the crowd by bout 300 feet. Remy can see that the people out in front are having a hard time of it as the field is low lying and muddy. The people out if front of the crowd are still about 1500 feet away from the road, though some are veering off to head toward the apartments or the parking lot of the gas station/casino, eves so, it'll take a few minutes for them to reach the road.

Those of you familiar with Remy's Route know is just over a mile and a half until you reach the left turn onto Paris Rd (Hwy 47) that he has laid out.
Butcher's Bill
Lynn: -4 sdc
Remy: -1 sdc
Tarka: -3 sdc
User avatar
Dylan Sowell
Posts: 56
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:09 pm

Re: Episode 1: What just happened?

Post by Dylan Sowell »

Perception: 46% / 1d100: [88] = 88
JIC: 1d20: [3] = 3 / 1d100: [95] = 95
Conditions: +3 v HF, +1 v Toxins;

Dylan just shakes his head at the tragedies unfolding all around them. Nothing to be done but add our carcasses to the meat-grinder. Dylan will drive on for a mile or so past the field, white tents, and impending horror show. When they're well clear of that particular nightmare, Dylan will pull over a bit and check on Josh in the back of the truck. He'll also wave down those following behind. He has three APX 8000H All-Band Radios (5-10 mile range, 12 hr battery) in the back of the truck. He'll hand over one to Remy and one to Macher with the following words, "Set it to channel one. That's a private frequency for our use. Channel fifteen receives NOAA broadcasts. Channel fourteen is the disaster relief channel used by FEMA. Channel thirteen is the emergency communications for police. Channel twelve is set to the Nationwide National Guard emergency channel. Channel eleven is the State Department's national communications frequency. All of those are receive-only frequencies unless the radio is programmed with the proper encryption, so stick to channel one. Great battery life on these, and they're durable as hell, but only broadcast when absolutely necessary so we can get the most out of the batteries. No fucking chatter. Let's get back on the road. People who stop to be heroes, humanitarians, or scavengers in situations like this are apt to get murdered." Once He's said his peace and handed over the radios, Dylan gets back to driving. He makes sure Lynn heard the speech, and has the radio. I'm likely gonna have my hands full just keeping us alive driving out of this hell hole.

Initiative: 1d20: [16] = 16
All actions reserved for defense.

Parries (+7 included): 1d20+7: [12]+7 = 19 , 1d20+7: [14]+7 = 21 , 1d20+7: [5]+7 = 12 , 1d20+7: [16]+7 = 23 , 1d20+7: [2]+7 = 9 , 1d20+7: [6]+7 = 13
Dodges (+8 included): 1d20+8: [8]+8 = 16 , 1d20+8: [14]+8 = 22 , 1d20+8: [1]+8 = 9 , 1d20+8: [2]+8 = 10 , 1d20+8: [1]+8 = 9 , 1d20+8: [7]+8 = 15
My Linktree Page
Dylan Sowell
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
User avatar
Macher
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2022 1:43 pm

Re: Episode 1: What just happened?

Post by Macher »

Perception: 15% / 1d100: [7] = 7
JIC: 1d20: [4] = 4 / 1d100: [35] = 35
Conditions: +5 v HF, +2 v Non-lethal Toxins, +4 v Lethal Toxins;
Automobile: 63%/ 1d100: [68] = 68
The Governor wrote: wrote: a large crowd of people have pushed through the fence and are making their way across the field. The crown is easily few hundred people and is about 1500 feet away from the road but there are several people running out in front of the crowd by bout 300 feet
Macher glances at the field, then focuses on driving. F&@k, F&@k!! I hate this s#!t. We are going to have nightmares over this.

He puts steel into his voice, still focusing on the road and traffic around him. ”Don’t say it. Just don’t say it. I don’t like it either!
Dylan wronte: wrote: Dylan will pull over a bit and check on Josh in the back of the truck. He'll also wave down those following behind.
Macher pulls in behind Dylan, leaving a car length in between. He grabs his rifle as he opens the door and steps out of the vehicle. Rifle sling clipped to the carabiner on his right shoulder, at the ready and eyes roving. Brandon, get out, don’t shot the door, and keep your eyes and pistol ready.”
Dylan wrote: wrote: He'll hand over one to Remy and one to Macher with the following words, "Set it to channel one….
Macher stands guard until Dylan is back in his truck, unhooks the sling, stows his rifle, and gets back into the vehicle. ”Get back in. See anything?”

Macher tosses the radio to Brandon? ”You catch that. He said, ‘Set it to channel one. That's a private frequency for our use. Channel fifteen receives NOAA broadcasts. Channel fourteen is the disaster relief channel used by FEMA. Channel thirteen is the emergency communications for police. Channel twelve is set to the Nationwide National Guard emergency channel. Channel eleven is the State Department's national communications frequency. All of those are receive-only frequencies unless the radio is programmed with the proper encryption, so stick to channel one. Great battery life on these, and they're durable as hell, but only broadcast when absolutely necessary so we can get the most out of the batteries.’”

Macher waves Remy to move back to the “squishy middle” and falls back into the convoy. Still straddling the center line when possible to prevent anyone passing us if they come up fast.


In case of violence:
Initiative: 1d20+3: 1d20+3: [20]+3 = 23


Action 1: Reserved for Dodge/vehicle maneuver
Action 2: Reserved for Dodge/vehicle maneuver
Action 3: Draw Glock .40 S&W
Action 4: Strike: 1d20+4: [12]+4 = 16 , Damage (4D6): 4d6: [4, 2, 6, 2] = 14
Action 5: Strike: 1d20+4: [20]+4 = 24 , Damage (4D6): 4d6: [2, 5, 2, 4] = 13

Parries (+4 included): 1d20+4: [5]+4 = 9 , 1d20+4: [16]+4 = 20 , 1d20+4: [1]+4 = 5 , 1d20+4: [10]+4 = 14 , 1d20+4: [11]+4 = 15
Dodges (+5 included): 1d20+5: [1]+5 = 6 , 1d20+5: [14]+5 = 19 , 1d20+5: [4]+5 = 9 , 1d20+5: [20]+5 = 25 , 1d20+5: [17]+5 = 22
User avatar
Remy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2022 6:23 am

Re: Episode 1: What just happened?

Post by Remy »

Perception: d%: [19] = 19 | 53%
JIC: 1d20: [19] = 19 | d%: [75] = 75
Conditions: +1 vs HF, +1 vs psi/insanity
HP: 17/17
SDC:19/20


The Governor wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:53 pmEveryone hears the crash but Remy's right next to it when it happens and sees the look on the driver's face when the cars meet head on. It's only an instant before the cars are a mangled mess blocking the center lanes. Remy hears bits of debris bounce off the side of this van as the screeching of brakes can be heard behind them.
Sweat beads on Remy's forehead as his nervousness at crossing the bridge chokepoint manifests itself. Despite being the closest to the accident and hearing the metal ricochet and reverberate within his van, he knows that he needs to maintain his focus and not over-react. Once past, he breathes a small sigh of relief even as he checks with a glance that his dash cams are still active and potentially captured the heart-attack inducing moment.

And that's why we need to get ourselves out beyond the city limits. Too many people making erratic decisions when faced with life-or-death moments.

For the next few blocks, Remy's knuckles remain white due to the death grip he maintains on his steering wheel. As the traffic clears and lightens, the PI nonetheless tries to maintain a mental image of where they are along his recommended route. Though his work activity did not give him cause to surveil this particular neighborhood, Remy looks for landmarks that he had identified during his poolside research.

Roadwise. d%: [95] = 95 | 67% <== Understand where the caravan is and what landmarks are nearby without need to reference a map
The Governor wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:53 pmAfter this is a large open field with a small apartment complex made up a several 2 or 3 story buildings. When the group is even with the field they can see a relatively large 3 story building on the far north side of the field surrounded by a number of large white Army style tents. Remy can see that there was fencing around the tents and building but it has been pushed over in at least one place and everyone sees a large crowd of people have pushed through the fence and are making their way across the field. The crown is easily few hundred people and is about 1500 feet away from the road but there are several people running out in front of the crowd by bout 300 feet. Remy can see that the people out in front are having a hard time of it as the field is low lying and muddy. The people out if front of the crowd are still about 1500 feet away from the road, though some are veering off to head toward the apartments or the parking lot of the gas station/casino, eves so, it'll take a few minutes for them to reach the road.
"I believe we are passing by St. Bernard Parish Hospital on our left," he narrates to his dash cam, "From the looks of it, some manner of field hospital has been set up in what used to be a meadow to handle the overflow from the hospital facility in the far distance." There is an awkward pause as Remy deduces what the large crowd chasing a handful of people likely means. Before he reports in a solemn monotone, "Efforts at containment have failed."

If we stop to try to help rescue them, there is a good chance that horde will likewise be upon us... Remy spares a quick glance at the passenger seat next to him and then another to his cargo rear. I don't have room. If Dylan stops, I'm not going to. He will need to orchestrate the rescue operation without me or my van. The Machiavellian PI concludes. Remy nods in approval as Dylan does not slow until they are well clear of St Bernard Parish Hospital's unfolding catastrophe.
Dylan Sowell wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:29 amWhen they're well clear of that particular nightmare, Dylan will pull over a bit and check on Josh in the back of the truck. He'll also wave down those following behind. He has three APX 8000H All-Band Radios (5-10 mile range, 12 hr battery) in the back of the truck. He'll hand over one to Remy and one to Macher with the following words, "Set it to channel one. That's a private frequency for our use. Channel fifteen receives NOAA broadcasts. Channel fourteen is the disaster relief channel used by FEMA. Channel thirteen is the emergency communications for police. Channel twelve is set to the Nationwide National Guard emergency channel. Channel eleven is the State Department's national communications frequency. All of those are receive-only frequencies unless the radio is programmed with the proper encryption, so stick to channel one. Great battery life on these, and they're durable as hell, but only broadcast when absolutely necessary so we can get the most out of the batteries. No fucking chatter. Let's get back on the road. People who stop to be heroes, humanitarians, or scavengers in situations like this are apt to get murdered."
"Reckon these'll come in handy, thanks." Remy acknowledges, raising the radio up in salute to Dylan. "Stickin' on channel one. Keep'n quiet as a church mouse."
Macher wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 8:18 amMacher waves Remy to move back to the “squishy middle” and falls back into the convoy. Still straddling the center line when possible to prevent anyone passing us if they come up fast.
Remy nods in both understanding and approval.

Getting back into his van, he sets the radio on a stable platform. Before he pulls up into his "squishy middle" position within the caravan, he will quickly check to see if his phone is able to send/receive enough data to Google maps directions from their current location with the paintball facility as the final destination. Maybe the local cell tower isn't quite so overwhelmed...

From his extensive travels, he knows that the app does have some manner of cache storage and can operate beyond data range if the route is searched/run while data is still available. Though he does not intend to stray from his pre-planned route, he also is eager to get some information about potential traffic issues before visual range (red or dark red traffic representing an accident and/or fully stopped traffic).



Initiative: 1d20: [9] = 9
APM: 4
Action 1: Dodge if necessary. 1d20+3: [17]+3 = 20
Action 2: Dodge if necessary. 1d20+3: [18]+3 = 21
Action 3: Dodge if necessary. 1d20+3: [14]+3 = 17
Action 4: Dodge if necessary. 1d20+3: [12]+3 = 15

Parries (if necessary): 1d20+3: [18]+3 = 21 , 1d20+3: [17]+3 = 20 , 1d20+3: [11]+3 = 14 , 1d20+3: [9]+3 = 12
User avatar
Lynn Jacobs
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:02 pm

Re: Episode 1: What just happened?

Post by Lynn Jacobs »

Perception: 1d100: [55] = 55 / 31%
JIC: 1d20: [16] = 16 / 1d100: [64] = 64
Conditions: +1 save vs HF
SDC: 16/20
HP: 19/19
Skills:
Land Navigation: 1d100: [82] = 82 / 61%

W. St. Bernard Highway/46

Once the bridge is in the rearview mirror, Lynn glances back to check on Josh. Please be hanging on back there. She breathes a sigh of relief when she sees that Josh is still there, but within seconds, Lynn witnesses the accident that nearly slams into Remy’s van. “Oh god…Remy was nearly hit,” she tells Dylan as he drives on. Looking back at Remy’s van, she’s glad to see that it’s still moving. Hopefully we get out of the city in one piece.

Further down the road, the collection of white tents catches Lynn’s attention. “Makeshift hospital, I think,” she says out loud. “I think I saw a sign…” For the first time, Lynn appreciates Dylan’s eagerness to keep moving. However, when he pulls the truck over, Lynn’s somewhat shocked. She doesn’t question him, but her expression clearly gives her away. When he hands her a radio, she gives him a nod to let him know that she heard his instructions. And as Dylan gets the caravan moving again, she consults her atlas and lets him know that, “We’ll be turning soon; left on Montesquieu...?” Lynn doesn't seem very sure. Remy's pencil marked route appears a bit smudged at this point. Lynn shakes her head and adds, "46 to 47."

If there’s trouble, Lynn will be sure to keep the truck's passenger window rolled up and the door locked. If needs be, she'll dodge the best she can in her seat.
Actions (4):
Initiative: 1d20: [5] = 5
1. Dodge: 1d20+2: [10]+2 = 12
2. Dodge: 1d20+2: [3]+2 = 5
3. Dodge: 1d20+2: [5]+2 = 7
4. Dodge: 1d20+2: [6]+2 = 8
Parries (if needed): 1d20+2: [14]+2 = 16 , 1d20+2: [14]+2 = 16 , 1d20+2: [12]+2 = 14 , and 1d20+2: [14]+2 = 16
Lynn Jacobs
“We'd stared into the face of Death, and Death blinked first. You'd think that would make us feel brave and invincible. It didn't.” - Rick Yancey, The 5th Wave
User avatar
Brandon Rodgers
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:24 pm

Re: Episode 1: What just happened?

Post by Brandon Rodgers »

Perception 15%: # 67 Details:[d100 (67)]
JIC: # 7 Details:[d100 (7)] / # 18 Details:[d20 (18)]
Macher wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 8:18 am
The Governor wrote: wrote: a large crowd of people have pushed through the fence and are making their way across the field. The crown is easily few hundred people and is about 1500 feet away from the road but there are several people running out in front of the crowd by bout 300 feet
Macher glances at the field, then focuses on driving. F&@k, F&@k!! I hate this s#!t. We are going to have nightmares over this.

He puts steel into his voice, still focusing on the road and traffic around him. ”Don’t say it. Just don’t say it. I don’t like it either!
"You mean like saying there are fucking zombies running at us? Not saying it doesn't make it any less the case." Shit that is a lot of people. Good thing we are moving.
Macher wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 8:18 am
Dylan wrote: wrote: Dylan will pull over a bit and check on Josh in the back of the truck. He'll also wave down those following behind.
Macher pulls in behind Dylan, leaving a car length in between. He grabs his rifle as he opens the door and steps out of the vehicle. Rifle sling clipped to the carabiner on his right shoulder, at the ready and eyes roving. Brandon, get out, don’t shoot the door, and keep your eyes and pistol ready.”
WTF, we are stopping? Brandon eyes the encroaching mob worriedly, but as ordered he gets out pistol at the ready.

Macher wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 8:18 am
Dylan wrote: wrote: He'll hand over one to Remy and one to Macher with the following words, "Set it to channel one….
Macher stands guard until Dylan is back in his truck, unhooks the sling, stows his rifle, and gets back into the vehicle. ”Get back in. See anything?”
"No not really just the living dead running across a field at us full speed. Oh and some wild flowers."
Macher wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 8:18 am Macher tosses the radio to Brandon? ”You catch that. He said, ‘Set it to channel one. That's a private frequency for our use. Channel fifteen receives NOAA broadcasts. Channel fourteen is the disaster relief channel used by FEMA. Channel thirteen is the emergency communications for police. Channel twelve is set to the Nationwide National Guard emergency channel. Channel eleven is the State Department's national communications frequency. All of those are receive-only frequencies unless the radio is programmed with the proper encryption, so stick to channel one. Great battery life on these, and they're durable as hell, but only broadcast when absolutely necessary so we can get the most out of the batteries.’”
He sets it to Channel 1. "Great, now we can share with each other how we are collectively shitting our pants."



Initiative: # 13 Details:[d20 (13)]

Action 1: Fire Glock | To Strike # 20 Details:[d20 (20)] | Damage # 14 Details:[4d6 (5 2 4 3)]
Action 2: Dodge
Action 3: Fire Glock | To Strike # 1 Details:[d20 (1)] | Damage # 19 Details:[4d6 (4 6 3 6)]
Action 4: Dodge
Action 5: Fire Glock | To Strike # 16 Details:[d20 (16)] | Damage # 14 Details:[4d6 (1 6 1 6)]
Action 6: Dodge

Parries: # 21 Details:[d20+12 (9)], # 18 Details:[d20+12 (6)], # 17 Details:[d20+12 (5)], # 31 Details:[d20+12 (19)], # 15 Details:[d20+12 (3)], # 23 Details:[d20+12 (11)]
Dodges:# 19 Details:[d20+12 (7)], # 32 Details:[d20+12 (20)], # 17 Details:[d20+12 (5)], # 32 Details:[d20+12 (20)], # 32 Details:[d20+12 (20)], # 25 Details:[d20+12 (13)]
User avatar
Macher
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2022 1:43 pm

Re: Episode 1: What just happened?

Post by Macher »

(Rolls carry over)
Brandon said: wrote: "Great, now we can share with each other how we are collectively shitting our pants."
Macher shakes his head….again. Got to remember this guy is like a new recruit BEFORE basic and AIT. Frankly, he is doing well.

”On the old Air Assault tower at Ft Campbell, before they moved the school, there was a saying painted on the side. It was before my time, I attended the new location, but an old sergeant once told me. It said something like ‘Bravery is not the absence of fear. Fear is natural. The more intelligent you are, the more fear you have. Bravery is completing the mission despite the fear.’ Was the last thing people saw before they leaned out into an ‘L’ and rappelled for the first time. It has gotten me through a lot of situations. Not that I have ever faced zombies before.”
User avatar
The Governor
Dimension Master
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:45 pm

Re: Episode 1: What just happened?

Post by The Governor »

Location: New Orleans, Louisiana - Lower 9th Ward
Date: April 1st
Time: 3:50 pm (sunrise: 6:50am / sunset: 7:15pm)
Weather: cloudy, 90º
Notes
Caravan order: Dylan, Remy, Macher
Everyone sees the madness unfolding in the field behind the hospital. The tents that had been set up to deal with the overflow of Wave patients makes it stand out that much more. Dylan makes the call and doesn't stop, not even to get a closer look, which is likely a good thing. At least for the caravan, as the dozen or so people running out in front of the mob of what Remy and Brandon are calling zombies, would have overwhelmed the seating capacity of the caravan.

As the caravan passes the field behind the hospital, the left side of the road becomes more industrial. Train car and truck container storage is easily seen from the road and that changes into LPNG facilities. While the right side of the road, as far back as anyone can make out, is mixed residential and commercial. The road itself has a good amount of traffic going the other direction (northwest), back the way you just came from.

A mile or so after passing the field with the presumed zombie mob, Dylan pulls off to the right of the road into the bike lane and grassy shoulder in front of some of the LPNG facilities. Everyone sees the sun faded red column extending into the sky one or two hundred feet but Remy and Macher also notice a sign on the fence just off the road that says 'Chalmette Refining'. Dylan and Lynn note that the truck bed lid is sealed up tight and that Josh is gone. When the other vehicles in the caravan have stopped and people start getting out, no one can find Nana Jo anywhere.

Regardless, Dylan goes about passing out the radios so that each of the vehicles has one and gives some instructions on their use.

While they're stopped a few cars pass them going southeast but traffic going northwest has strangely dried up.

Everyone gets back in their vehicles and the caravan starts back up with Macher making room so Remy can take the middle position.

On the move again, Remy starts to fiddle with his phone, hoping that Google maps is working. The map starts to load but its doing it very slowly and the image is broken up as it starts to populate to the screen. After a good thirty seconds the spinning loading circle just stops. Under this is a yellow and grey street grid with no street names showing and no traffic information/colors.

In Dyland's truck, Lynn is having a hard time reading the map and gives Dylan a street name just as they're coming up on the intersection but by the time she corrects herself, Dylan is already making the hard turn onto the street.

Remy looks up just in time to see Dylan make a hard left onto Montesquieu Street and assuming this is the correct route, he follows along braking hard to make the turn in the large and heavy van. Behind Remy, Macher skids some too as he hits his brakes and oversteers into the turn.

Everyone realizes they took a wrong turn when they enter a full parking lot for what appears to be a church. The few people in the parking lot look at the oddly as the caravan passes out the other side and back onto a residential street.

What do you do?

Butcher's Bill
Lynn: -4 sdc
Remy: -1 sdc
Tarka: -3 sdc
User avatar
Remy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2022 6:23 am

Re: Episode 1: What just happened?

Post by Remy »

Perception: d%: [78] = 78 | 53%
JIC: 1d20: [1] = 1 | d%: [90] = 90
Conditions: +1 vs HF, +1 vs psi/insanity
HP: 17/17
SDC:19/20

The Governor wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 4:49 pmA mile or so after passing the field with the presumed zombie mob, Dylan pulls off to the right of the road into the bike lane and grassy shoulder in front of some of the LPNG facilities. Everyone sees the sun faded red column extending into the sky one or two hundred feet but Remy and Macher also notice a sign on the fence just off the road that says 'Chalmette Refining'. Dylan and Lynn note that the truck bed lid is sealed up tight and that Josh is gone. When the other vehicles in the caravan have stopped and people start getting out, no one can find Nana Jo anywhere.
Looking around, Remy asks with surprising genuine concern, "Wasn't Nana Jo holding up the rear of the convoy?"

Not knowing where the bike-riding octogenarian has gone, he looks around at the others for clues as his mind tries to reflect on the possibilities.

She stopped to help that police officer back at that intersection. Seems perhaps she has a heroic streak in her. Perhaps when the rest of us kept driving south of St. Bernard's, she decided to go help those trying to flee the zombie horde. Cracking skulls and taking names.

His gaze then drifts over to the sign he saw.

Or maybe she spotted some others in need of aid within Chalmette Refining. It certainly isn't beyond the scope of possibilities that there is a localized zombie outbreak within a liquid natural gas refining facility. The building interiors are likely to be a maze of opportunities to hide or get trapped.

Regardless, Remy keeps his thoughts to himself, practically willing the group to get back on the road and further away from the city metropolitan area, toward the safety of isolation. He breathes a small sigh of relief when they finally get back on the road.
The Governor wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 4:49 pmRemy looks up just in time to see Dylan make a hard left onto Montesquieu Street and assuming this is the correct route, he follows along braking hard to make the turn in the large and heavy van. Behind Remy, Macher skids some too as he hits his brakes and oversteers into the turn.

Everyone realizes they took a wrong turn when they enter a full parking lot for what appears to be a church. The few people in the parking lot look at the oddly as the caravan passes out the other side and back onto a residential street.
In a rare moment of Remy's reflexes trumping cogent thought, the PI finds himself trailing Dylan down a narrow residential road. After driving a few blocks, his brain finally catches up.

This doesn't look familiar. Thought my route kept us on more major roads, not these residential side-streets.

Deciding this to be worthy of breaking radio silence, Remy keys up Dylan's radio on channel 1. "Ah'm think'n we made a wrong turn back there somewhere, Boss. Figure these residential roads be a bit too narrow for mah like'n. Recommend we get back on the major thoroughfare."

Roadwise. d%: [94] = 94 | 67% <== Deduce quickest way back to their desired route (worst case scenario is back-tracking back to the intersection they made the wrong turn on in the first place).

Unless it appears obvious that they have somehow found their way back onto either LA-46 or LA-47, Remy will advocate that they turn around and head back to where they made the wrong turn, continuing on the original route even if they lose some time as a result. Better lose a fixed amount of time than an unpredictable amount of time trying to wing it navigating unfamiliar roads.

His insistence is such that if Dylan disagrees and continues to plow forward, Remy will not follow, making clear his
"Ain't a good time to be stubborn or obstinate about it. Ah'm heading back the way we came and good luck to you if'n you decide otherwise."
before potentially splitting the convoy.

Assuming the convoy remains together, once they are back on track (have made the turn onto LA-47 northbound), Remy will break radio silence once more with an observation and recommendation.

"Reckon we might be just ahead of the wave of panic right now. Those fellas at the church seemed right confused as to the reason for our hurry." Remy pauses a moment, "Amenities might get scarce right quick once we hit bayou up ahead on 47. After the bayou, we might be in a hurry on account 'o being too close to the interstate highway population densities. Figure it might be a good time to make a quick pit-stop at a gas station for maps and other essentials. Whaddya'll think?"

Should the reply be in the negative, Remy will not press the point, "Ain't be gettin' mah words mixed. Ah'm not wedded to the idea. And can right wait until we get to paintball land for safety sake. Ah just think maps'll be at a right premium right quick."


Initiative: 1d20: [20] = 20
APM: 4
Action 1: Dodge if necessary. 1d20+3: [13]+3 = 16
Action 2: Dodge if necessary. 1d20+3: [4]+3 = 7
Action 3: Dodge if necessary. 1d20+3: [18]+3 = 21
Action 4: Dodge if necessary. 1d20+3: [5]+3 = 8

Parries (if necessary): 1d20+3: [14]+3 = 17 , 1d20+3: [12]+3 = 15 , 1d20+3: [10]+3 = 13 , 1d20+3: [15]+3 = 18
User avatar
Brandon Rodgers
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:24 pm

Re: Episode 1: What just happened?

Post by Brandon Rodgers »

Perception 15%: d100: [65] = 65
JIC: d100: [69] = 69 , d20: [19] = 19
Remy wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:51 am "Ah'm think'n we made a wrong turn back there somewhere, Boss. Figure these residential roads be a bit too narrow for mah like'n. Recommend we get back on the major thoroughfare."
"He's right this is dangerous." he says to Macher. Brandon clicks the button on the walkie talkie, "This is Brandon, I am riding with Macher, dude is right. These residential streets are asking for a bottleneck. If we get stopped or lost we could spend hours trying to get out. I once got caught in a parade and I spent hours stuck on streets like this. A parade like what we will potentially face, is a mass of people although probably less bitey. We need to stay maneuverable. We need to get back to the main roads."
__________________________________________________________________________________
CONTINGENCY Ignore if Dylan returns to main roads.
If Dylan comes back with a refusal prompting the desire for Remy to split.
Remy wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:51 am "Ain't a good time to be stubborn or obstinate about it. Ah'm heading back the way we came and good luck to you if'n you decide otherwise."[/inline]
"Shit!!!! We can't split." Brandon clicks the button. "Dude leading this convoy!! Get back on the main roads. Other Dude. Never split the party, bro. No one needs to be left on their own." He looks at Macher. "If the guy wanting to split splits, we probably should be following him. Everyone knows you don't split the party."
________________________________________________________________________________________

Assuming the convoy remains together, once they are back on track (have made the turn onto LA-47 northbound), Remy will break radio silence once more with an observation and recommendation.
Remy wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:51 am "Reckon we might be just ahead of the wave of panic right now. Those fellas at the church seemed right confused as to the reason for our hurry." Remy pauses a moment, "Amenities might get scarce right quick once we hit bayou up ahead on 47. After the bayou, we might be in a hurry on account 'o being too close to the interstate highway population densities. Figure it might be a good time to make a quick pit-stop at a gas station for maps and other essentials. Whaddya'll think?"
"Brandon here, I am all for gassing up and getting food, but we need to make sure we don't become a snack getting snacks. Checking with Macher on what he thinks." He turns to Macher and says, "What do you think?"
User avatar
Macher
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2022 1:43 pm

Re: Episode 1: What just happened?

Post by Macher »

Perception: 15% / 1d100: [2] = 2
JIC: 1d20: [18] = 18 / 1d100: [69] = 69
Conditions: +5 v HF, +2 v Non-lethal Toxins, +4 v Lethal Toxins;
Automobile: 63%/ 1d100: [98] = 98
Brandon wrote: He turns to Macher and says, "What do you think?"
Macher holds tight to the wheel, his head on even more of a swivel. These roads are tight. Need to be ready to maneuver, or hold the line if something hits us.

After listening to all the radio chatter, Macher takes a moment to put his thoughts together.

”Ok, I don’t want to split up, but if we do, we follow the van. The lead vehicle has guns and seems to have know-how, but we have those too. The guy in the van knows the route and the area.”

Macher takes a moment to consider more. ”Get ready to repeat this to them on the radio. ‘We are a go for the gas station. Pick one on a corner so we have multiple escape routes. We pull the vehicles up to the pumps closest to the store with vehicles next to each other. Make sure all vehicles facing the same way and pointing to an exit. We start fueling the vehicles and open doors and trunks. Me and another person stay with the vehicles, the rest go into the store. Focus on canned goods and shelf stable items. But don’t forget things like oil, toilet paper, and stuff like that. If there are gas cans, grab them and we can fill them if we have time.’ Did I miss anything?”




In case of violence:
Initiative: 1d20+3: 1d20+3: [6]+3 = 9


Action 1: Reserved for Dodge/vehicle maneuver
Action 2: Reserved for Dodge/vehicle maneuver
Action 3: Draw Glock .40 S&W
Action 4: Strike: 1d20+4: [12]+4 = 16 , Damage (4D6): 4d6: [6, 1, 2, 2] = 11
Action 5: Strike: 1d20+4: [11]+4 = 15 , Damage (4D6): 4d6: [3, 3, 6, 4] = 16

Parries (+4 included): 1d20+4: [16]+4 = 20 , 1d20+4: [9]+4 = 13 , 1d20+4: [6]+4 = 10 , 1d20+4: [8]+4 = 12 , 1d20+4: [18]+4 = 22
Dodges (+5 included): 1d20+5: [14]+5 = 19 , 1d20+5: [14]+5 = 19 , 1d20+5: [11]+5 = 16 , 1d20+5: [1]+5 = 6 , 1d20+5: [12]+5 = 17
Last edited by Falcon on Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Dylan Sowell
Posts: 56
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:09 pm

Re: Episode 1: What just happened?

Post by Dylan Sowell »

Perception: 46% / 1d100: [36] = 36
JIC: 1d20: [12] = 12 / 1d100: [77] = 77
Conditions: +3 v HF, +1 v Toxins;
Automobile 66% / 1d100: [44] = 44
The Governor wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 4:49 pmIn Dylan's truck, Lynn is having a hard time reading the map and gives Dylan a street name just as they're coming up on the intersection but by the time she corrects herself, Dylan is already making the hard turn onto the street.
Remy wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:51 amDeciding this to be worthy of breaking radio silence, Remy keys up Dylan's radio on channel 1. "Ah'm think'n we made a wrong turn back there somewhere, Boss. Figure these residential roads be a bit too narrow for mah like'n. Recommend we get back on the major thoroughfare. Reckon we might be just ahead of the wave of panic right now. Those fellas at the church seemed right confused as to the reason for our hurry." Remy pauses a moment, "Amenities might get scarce right quick once we hit bayou up ahead on 47. After the bayou, we might be in a hurry on account 'o being too close to the interstate highway population densities. Figure it might be a good time to make a quick pit-stop at a gas station for maps and other essentials. Whaddya'll think?"
Shit! That's what my gut told me, too. I could have sworn we were supposed to stick to main streets. "Lynn, you okay? You got your head screwed on right? We got little time for living in our heads right now, judging ourselves in the moment, or anything else. We're in an ugly moment here, and we're gonna die horribly if we don't escape this city. I can't drive and read the map. I need your help. Can you help me?" Assuming she says something that's not akin to getting out of the truck, Dylan will add, "Use the radio. Tell the others I'm turning us back onto that main street. Last thing I wanna have is a shootout with some thugs or desperate 'burbies."
Brandon Rodgers wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:16 pm"This is Brandon, I am riding with Macher, dude is right--blah blah blah--We need to get back to the main roads...I am all for gassing up and getting food, but--yada yada
Dylan consults his fuel tank as well as the suggestion. "And tell them I'm onboard with the gas station. Let them know, if there's no attendant, we're just looting the place, and if anyone gives us any shit..." Dylan gulps hard knowing what his mom would think of this, "we use violence."

Initiative: 1d20: [8] = 8
All actions reserved for defensive driving!

Parries (+7 included): 1d20+7: [14]+7 = 21 , 1d20+7: [5]+7 = 12 , 1d20+7: [10]+7 = 17 , 1d20+7: [12]+7 = 19 , 1d20+7: [5]+7 = 12 , 1d20+7: [10]+7 = 17
Dodges (+8 included): 1d20+8: [3]+8 = 11 , 1d20+8: [4]+8 = 12 , 1d20+8: [1]+8 = 9 , 1d20+8: [14]+8 = 22 , 1d20+8: [3]+8 = 11 , 1d20+8: [15]+8 = 23
My Linktree Page
Dylan Sowell
Don't PM this account. Send all PMs to Augur.
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Post Reply

Return to “Civilization Gone”