Delivery? No it's Digiorro

Only adventured-related threads are found here.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

User avatar
Alkanar
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 48
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:41 am

Re: Delivery? No it's Digiorro

Post by Alkanar »

((rolls held))

Outside Myfflin's Mystic Marvels
Alwin wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 1:36 pm Alwin laughs audibly. He looks over to the Wolfen, "Yes, yes. Blue humor indeed. Don't worry though. I think the little girl is the brunt of the joke. Or does she get it in the end?" He pauses for a second in thought, "Either way, very funny indeed."
Alkanar wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:46 pm "Blue humor..." Alkanar pauses for a second to remember what the means, then shakes his head when he does. "Even if you could, I would have to pass. I often find that kind of humor more crass than funny."
Silhouette wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 4:32 pm Silhouette seems to consider saying something to Alwin and the giant before turning it to Alkanar rather than to the troll’s company as she plays off the bawdy humor to say in Wolfen for the first time,”I do not like them, saying I get it in the end? I would show them their asses, but looks like these two already found them. Head’s so far up their backsides they’ve gone and popped right back out the shoulders again.” Silhouette chuckles with a rolling sound modified by the Wolfen language style,”Too bad they are different sizes, we might have had the first two wheels to a horse cart. Maybe wheelbarrows, one for each crate?”
Alkanar's left eyebrow raises in surprise when Silhouette starts speaking his own tongue. She speaks Wolfen? I did not expect that. He then responds in kind. "It is indeed quite a rude thing to say when first meeting someone." He says with a shake of his head. "Though isn't your last remark as violent as his is crass?" He counters.
Alwin wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 1:36 pm Alwin stands and looks up to the sky, "I think I may need to speak to Master Myfflin as well. Now seems as good a time as any to check the progress anyway. I need to ask him a question about registration too." Alwin walks toward the Wolfen and holds his hand out in greeting, "So, is this your pack? Pretty motley crew you have assembled here."
Alkanar wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:46 pm Alkanar readily takes Alwin's offered hand. "I am Alkanar. And no, Wolfen do not have packs like wolves, unless you want to label everything similar to a nuclear family as a pack. I was just lucky enough to stumble upon some companions that do not hold to the prejudice that is pervasive in these lands." He glances over at Goram. "Judging by your choice of companion you are also not someone to judge a book by its cover."

When Alwin heads towards the shop Alkanar follows but looks back at his group to see if they are also following.
Alwin wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 7:11 am Alwin smiles at the comment, "Some books don't even have covers." After a short chuckle wondering if the wolfen would understand the reference he continues, "If you are not the leader, then who directs the group? The ogre? Surely not the Dwarf?" His inquisitive tone is easy to pickup.
Alkanar does not respond to Alwin, because he does not have an answer. That is a good question. Alkanar thinks to himself. Trask seemed to be the one primarily making decisions, but he went his own way. Of those left, Silhouette seems to be the one taking charge. But if our last meeting with Master Natrap is any indicator, she also seems to have a tendency to act without thinking...

He then realizes that Alwin never even proposed Sil as the leader and can't help a small smile. Alwin and Silhouette may not be judging me, but they sure are judging each other. Ironic considering our location.

Inside Myfflin's Mystic Marvels
Silhouette wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 4:32 pm Adding to the Wolfen Diabolist’s words of apology she says in Elven, her best language for groveling to the learned,”Master Natrap, I am regretful for our delay. I would have sent a magic pigeon under normal circumstances, though whatever transpired, we only just awoke and headed here immediately.” Pausing in case the Alchemist has words of recrimination she listens before adding as she goes inside his office for privacy and then gives possible reason for the delay,“My companion Alkanar was ambushed on his entrance to the city days ago with a sleep spell as well. I anticipate the same mage and group were involved with delaying us with intent to ambush us for your delivery.” Silhouette adds as well,"I am already creating a plan to counter any such interference. I expect an ambush would happen just as our trip begins so they may adjust with our chosen path."
It was actually my second day. He thinks to himself but does not find it important enough to correct. I had never even considered that it could be the same group, but that does make the possibility of a rogue mage more explainable. They were here for the package but got incensed when they saw a Wolfen walking about. Though I am curious how she plans to counter anything similar in the future. I think a drug can be safely ruled out, it would have definitely had after-effects after that long. But it must have been a very potent spell. It lasted much longer than most magic I am aware of and had no after-effects that I could find. Hmm... Protection Wards would work, but they only last ten minutes, and the effect last time was so sudden. The ward would have to be triggered by magic sleep.
Last edited by Alkanar on Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Goram
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:40 am

Re: Delivery? No it's Digiorro

Post by Goram »

Rolls Carried Over
Silhouette wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 4:32 pm “My companion Alkanar was ambushed on his entrance to the city days ago with a sleep spell as well. I anticipate the same mage and group were involved with delaying us with intent to ambush us for your delivery.”[/b] Silhouette adds as well,"I am already creating a plan to counter any such interference. I expect an ambush would happen just as our trip begins so they may adjust with our chosen path."
Why are they wasting time for this? They were late, it can’t be fixed…Yes I know they are afraid of losing the job and the money but excuses wont’t help. Agreed, maybe I should say something.

”I understand why this justification of your tardiness in taking this job seems necessary, and you have fully conveyed that if circumstances were more in your control you would have been on time. But nothing you say here can be undone. So help Master Myfflin by giving him your true name, and leaving him be to finish his magic. We have 3 months to get these boxes to their destination. That task is very doable if everything goes to plan. However, we know there are those that hope to stop us, combined with the hazards that can arise on such a journey means the earlier we leave the better, because this has very little chance of going to plan.”
User avatar
Azure
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 108
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:17 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: Delivery? No it's Digiorro

Post by Azure »

Perception: 88% 1d100: [66] = 66
D20 JiC: 1d20: [6] = 6 / D100 JiC: 1d100: [14] = 14

Conditions: Gaozir’s shared senses, Mind-Block Auto Defense. 20/20 vision, Nightvision 600', See Aura, See the Invisible.

Butcher Bill:

Skill rolls:

Shuffling along after the trio Azure peeks from his new eye testing the waters with each step. The angle versus what Goa sees perched from his shoulder is skewed. This is so odd. I feel shorter with my eyes…eye. he thinks considering the change. But now that he is walking out among so many he realizes he can also see the auras of everyone around him. This was not unfamiliar to him as it was part of his training but it was never “on” this long. As he peeked over at Silhouette's aura it appears terribly strong, but he knew that already. Experiences with her in the past showed she was capable. The dwarf he has never seen in action had a peculiar aura that he couldn’t make out. His aura had the effect of another’s aura draped over his own. Interesting. he thought but didn’t linger on it for long. The wolfen’s aura appears average but Azure didn’t want to believe it. Seer warned me that those as educated as he seems will have his tricks..

Out in front of the alchemist shop were a pair hard to miss, mostly due to the towering troll. Trolls have a reputation in the Baalgor Wastes where Azure is from. The giants are not to be trifled with being powerfully strong and though low in the hierarchy of true giants they still have allies among the other giants. He only encountered them once when he was young and as he recalled from memory grudgingly welcomed by the Chief.

Finding an ogre inside the city of Llorn wasn’t surprising because Llorn kept a special unit of “Earthshakers” which Azure himself was once approached by a recruiter about joining before learning he was blind, though another use was found for him. In any case finding a troll inside the city let alone the companion, an elf, sharing its company is surprising. The last elf he encountered, Tyral wouldn’t be caught dead with a troll barely tolerating Azure's presence. Elves he is certain detested any that were not human, or of course elf, at least as far as Azure knew anyways. The ogre's trust in this unlikely pair dwindles by the moment as he considers their possible motives.

Approaching the pair Azure waits and listens from the rear of the group as he is already lagging behind from getting used to the eye.

The exchange revealed a few things and Azure wonders if they themselves caught the information. This elf is a mage or like himself a mind mage. Alkanar also gave away that he was also of one of these dispositions. Maybe I should say something? Azure's entire purpose he was trained is to advise his Chief, to observe and utilize his mental “magic” to give his Chief and tribe the leverage needed to survive the harsh wastes of Baalgor. I suppose in a manner, this group is his Chief. he thinks looking at the three in front of him. Azure leans in to speak quietly into the wolfen’s ear from behind, ”It might not be wise to discuss that you are part of the guild so freely with strangers. It reveals much about you. Perhaps suggesting he goes and registers now. That way he leaves giving you an opportunity to amend with the alchemist without them here interfering with negotiations.” Azure advises Alkanar feeling himself brimming a moment full of a purpose again.

When the Alchemist begins the conversation with Alkanar and Silhouette Azure will use Telepathy: Superior to read the general thoughts and reactions hidden behind the courtesies of the Alchemist.

Telepathy: Superior
OOC Comments
Range: 100 ft. +50 ft./lvl for probe, or 200 ft. +100 ft./lvl for two-way communication.
Duration: 2 min/lvl, I.S.P.: 8
Saving Throw: Standard.
Just like the lesser Sensitive power of Telepathy, Telepathy: Superior grants the ability to hear surface thoughts, or send and receive telepathic messages. However, this superior form of the power gives the character the ability to read deeper or even subconscious thoughts. If the victim fails the saving throw, the psychic will be able to read thoughts on any subject he wants. This
can include passwords, names of contacts, the victim's true name, and even skills. Sometimes (40% +3% per level of experience chance) the character will be even able to see or hear parts of memories associated with the thoughts he is reading from the victim. A saving throw should be rolled for each skill/memory/thought that the character tries to read. The character can make one attempt to pull information from the victim for each attack per melee.
Azure Languages: N:Gobblely, Eastern, Elven, Giantese
I.S.P.: 183/183 | P.P.E.: 1/1 | H.P.: 47/47 (0/5) | S.D.C.: 81/81 (0/70)
Conditions: Sixth Sense, Total Recall, 20/20 vision, Nightvision 600', See Aura, See the Invisible.
Armor: Quilted Tunic | A.R.: 8 | S.D.C.: 15/15 | Modifiers:-
Weapon: Long Spear | Dmg: 3d6+19 | Modifiers: +10 strike, +13 parry, +13 throw | Throw Range: 180' S.N. 240'| Dmg: 4d6
Familiar: Gaozir (See Equipment for Combat Data) | S.D.C.: 51/51 | H.P.:- | APR: 2 (+2 Strike/Dodge) Damage: 2D4+2 (talons or beak), Dive Bomb: 4d4+4 (2 actions)
Abilities: Horror Factor: 10, Spd: 33 (66 in bursts, dive at 88), Excellent vision (2 miles), Nightvision 300', Track by scent 66%; by sight 80%, Glide for over 10 miles without flapping wings
Animal and Psionics: See the Invisible, Sense Evil, Sense Magic, Sixth Sense, and Empathy (receives only). Range: 600 foot area.
User avatar
Ya-Blik
Dimension Master
Posts: 225
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:56 am
Location: PFRPG GM & DM

Re: Delivery? No it's Digiorro

Post by Ya-Blik »

Date: 21 September, 345
Time: 1005
Environment: Clear Skies
Location: Market District -- Myfflin's Mystic Marvels




Like wary predators the groups eye each other over appraisingly with a few veiled verbal jibes before Alkanar inquires whether Myfflin is in and Alwin rises to indicate he too needs to speak with the Alchemist, "I think I may need to speak to Master Myfflin as well. Now seems as good a time as any to check the progress anyway. I need to ask him a question about registration too." As the pair move to enter, Alkanar voices the opinion that Alwin's choice not to register prior to coming here was risky but Alwin indicates he believes the risk lesser for him.

Alwin and Alkanar enter the shop first and after several moments, the grey-haired elf emerges from a back room. Myfflin's eyes widen slightly when he catches sight of Alkanar and his jaw seems to set as Silhouette, and Azure enter, followed by Goram whose entrance is neither graceful nor well received as he stoops by the front door warily seeking to avoid knocing into things in a shop meant for patrons much much smaller than he. Outside, holding the door open, Ramsis' view of the interior is simply the backs of many legs, though he is quite happy not to be any closer to the Troll's rear-end.

Inside the shop Alwin will look for Master Myfflin, "Good sir. I apologize for any interruptions. I have an urgent matter that I would ask some advice. Upon entering the city, I came straight here. I neglected to register with the brotherhood, and I think I am getting close to my four hours. If you are going to be much longer, I would like to head there and avoid any issues with the city guard. If not and we are to be on our way, there shouldn't be any issues."

The Alchemist's brow knits, but after a few moments, he clasps his hands together and whispers an enchantment into them before a light grey pigeon flies out of his grasp and out a window, "I have sent word to the Brotherhood that you have been detained here, and have given the name Alwin for them to document. You should have another 6 hours or so to register without issues."

Alkanar (having decided not to pay the fee being sought to secure a witness declaration hoped for) then volunteers, "Master Myfflin, my companions and I have come to offer our sincerest apologies for missing the rendezvous two days ago. We became incapacitated by ways I was unable to determine." The words ring hollow and unconvincing to everyone present. Adding to the Wolfen’s words of apology Silhouette adds in Elven, "Master Natrap, I am regretful for our delay. I would have sent a magic pigeon under normal circumstances, though whatever transpired, we only just awoke and headed here immediately.” Silhouette pauses a few moments then proceeds without invitation to try and enter the Alchemist's office. This is not well received as Myfflin steps directly into her path and his face drops into a glare. To salvage the situation the Forsaken-Mage does not push past Myfflin and instead continues, “My companion Alkanar was ambushed on his entrance to the city days ago with a sleep spell as well. I anticipate the same mage and group were involved with delaying us with intent to ambush us for your delivery. I am already creating a plan to counter any such interference. I expect an ambush would happen just as our trip begins so they may adjust with our chosen path."

OOC: Goram, you are unable to comment on Silhouette's statements, they are in a language you do not understand. Anyone else without the language, you will have missed that as well.

In a voice that indicates no interest at all in excuses Myfflin in Eastern says, "So, what you are saying is that the Wolfen, has now been repeatedly incapacitated and put to sleep multiple times, that your little ... quartet fell asleep at some point and have been blissfully dreaming for days somewhere in the city ... Oh and from what it sounds like, you wish for me to simply overlook the issue as if it has not had a cost for me. Instead, I should hand over the cargo to your little crew who apparently have no idea why you have been oblivious to the world for days but I should take comfort that it could not happen a third time??? ... That is the argument?"

Azure opts to try and delve into Myfflin's thoughts and briefly finds access,
**]```In Elven``` [ Belimar's bollocks!?! Blood and ashes!! Of all the sanctimonious little shits, who does this little Southern twyken think she is?!?! Oh I'm some random prat entitled Hedge-Mage, so I can walk into someone else's office?!! And why the FRAK did the Troll come in here?!? I left them in the Courtyard so nothing would be trampled on, what the %#@(^? .... I swear if he breaks something I am going to have a Shedim carve off his damnable eyelids ... that shelf of potions is probably 20,000 gold over there, and do not step left, do not do it you big ugly shit-shovelling flibbertigibbet! All downhill the last 200 damn years, it's like no one has or teaches manners anymore ... And where is that damn Digiorro with the other cadre? ... Speaking of ugly, wasn't that Ogre ? ...**
The Alchemist's mind becomes a blank, like a curtain as Azure's own mind-block engages.

The Ogre sees Myfflin deliver an appraising head tilt in his direction and cock an eyebrow before looking back towards the others, "Well I have just spent hours carving new names into a series of very, very dangerous ward sequences. I have not yet, removed the two names given before and have no burning interest in starting over. So here are the options I will give you latecomers who needed their beauty-sleep ... The cargo needs to reach Adriana in the White Rock Mountains before the Winter Solstice. When ... Durak came in here earlier I told him it was not a job for a single man, he offered me a crew of 6 and I offered 160,000 Gold. Since then you have dropped and cycled out members, been days late, and generally made me nervous as hell ... Here are my new options: 1) 60,000 for the 4 of you, all other terms will remain -- and Alwin and Goram here will tag along as extra security because they have agreed to a number already ... and I suppose I will have a colleague summon up something to follow you and monitor from a distance; or 2) 130,000 for the 6 of you jointly ... same destination and timeframe. If you latecomers refuse both you can go get more sleep because I have no need of you ... maybe Alwin and Goram here, or the others I hire will bring you on as extra muscle would care to employ your quartet, but they would be paying out of the funds they are to receive, and the names given will be removed from their place of immunity."



Butcher's Bill:
Alkanar:
Azure: -2 SDC, - 8 ISP, Mind Block
Ramsis:
Silhouette: -18 PPE
Alwin:
Goram:


What are you doing?
--- Palladium Fantasy DM ---
User avatar
Goram
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:40 am

Re: Delivery? No it's Digiorro

Post by Goram »

Perception: d100<21: [86] = 0
JIC: d20: [18] = 18 , d100: [86] = 86
Ya-Blik wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:00 pm In a voice that indicates no interest at all in excuses Myfflin in Eastern says, "So, what you are saying is that the Wolfen, has now been repeatedly incapacitated and put to sleep multiple times, that your little ... quartet fell asleep at some point and have been blissfully dreaming for days somewhere in the city ... Oh and from what it sounds like, you wish for me to simply overlook the issue as if it has not had a cost for me. Instead, I should hand over the cargo to your little crew who apparently have no idea why you have been oblivious to the world for days but I should take comfort that it could not happen a third time??? ... That is the argument?"
Goram's eyes widen as restrained smile emerges on his face as he holds back a chuckle. This Myfflin is an no nonsense employer. I like him. Agreed my friend. Despite our rocky introduction, I also like this Myfflin.
Ya-Blik wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:00 pm The Ogre sees Myfflin deliver an appraising head tilt in his direction and cock an eyebrow before looking back towards the others, "Well I have just spent hours carving new names into a series of very, very dangerous ward sequences. I have not yet, removed the two names given before and have no burning interest in starting over. So here are the options I will give you latecomers who needed their beauty-sleep ... The cargo needs to reach Adriana in the White Rock Mountains before the Winter Solstice. When ... Durak came in here earlier I told him it was not a job for a single man, he offered me a crew of 6 and I offered 160,000 Gold. Since then you have dropped and cycled out members, been days late, and generally made me nervous as hell ... Here are my new options: 1) 60,000 for the 4 of you, all other terms will remain -- and Alwin and Goram here will tag along as extra security because they have agreed to a number already ... and I suppose I will have a colleague summon up something to follow you and monitor from a distance; or 2) 130,000 for the 6 of you jointly ... same destination and timeframe. If you latecomers refuse both you can go get more sleep because I have no need of you ... maybe Alwin and Goram here, or the others I hire will bring you on as extra muscle would care to employ your quartet, but they would be paying out of the funds they are to receive, and the names given will be removed from their place of immunity."
Basic Math: d100<15: [87] = 0

Goram with an air of smugness declares, "Obviously, we should go for the 130,000 gold pieces. That is more than 5,000 gold pieces per caravan member." The idiots will say 'The troll is stupid, obviously we should do the opposite', and then me and Alwin will get our 37,000 and be rich. Goram your math incorrect. You definitely want to take the 130,000 gold pieces What? That is ridiculous, I am not an idiot, it is blatantly obvious we get more if we are paid our original amount. He is paying over 21,666 gold pieces per person. The previous arrangement would only give you 18,500 gold pieces from the previous arrangements. Why would he offer us more per person with more people? That makes no sense, he would lose his shirt thinking that way. I know how to do math you daft weapon. . . . . I am sorry my friend my temper got the best of me. I know Goram one day you will learn to control it. There is a 68% chance it will be your undoing if you do not. But I can handle the business. As you wish Goram.
User avatar
Alwin
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:54 am

Re: Delivery? No it's Digiorro

Post by Alwin »

Perception Bonus: 31% (3%) 1d100: [46] = 46
JIC: 1d100: [90] = 90 , 1d20: [1] = 1


Ya-Blik wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:00 pm The Alchemist's brow knits, but after a few moments, he clasps his hands together and whispers an enchantment into them before a light grey pigeon flies out of his grasp and out a window, "I have sent word to the Brotherhood that you have been detained here, and have given the name Alwin for them to document. You should have another 6 hours or so to register without issues."


Alwin presses his palms together in front of himself and bows to the elder Elf, "Thank you" When Alkanar starts Alwin slides back ever so slightly to separate himself from the others This should be interesting.

Ya-Blik wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:00 pm In a voice that indicates no interest at all in excuses Myfflin in Eastern says, "So, what you are saying is that the Wolfen, has now been repeatedly incapacitated and put to sleep multiple times, that your little ... quartet fell asleep at some point and have been blissfully dreaming for days somewhere in the city ... Oh and from what it sounds like, you wish for me to simply overlook the issue as if it has not had a cost for me. Instead, I should hand over the cargo to your little crew who apparently have no idea why you have been oblivious to the world for days but I should take comfort that it could not happen a third time??? ... That is the argument?"

The Ogre sees Myfflin deliver an appraising head tilt in his direction and cock an eyebrow before looking back towards the others, "Well I have just spent hours carving new names into a series of very, very dangerous ward sequences. I have not yet, removed the two names given before and have no burning interest in starting over. So here are the options I will give you latecomers who needed their beauty-sleep ... The cargo needs to reach Adriana in the White Rock Mountains before the Winter Solstice. When ... Durak came in here earlier I told him it was not a job for a single man, he offered me a crew of 6 and I offered 160,000 Gold. Since then you have dropped and cycled out members, been days late, and generally made me nervous as hell ... Here are my new options: 1) 60,000 for the 4 of you, all other terms will remain -- and Alwin and Goram here will tag along as extra security because they have agreed to a number already ... and I suppose I will have a colleague summon up something to follow you and monitor from a distance; or 2) 130,000 for the 6 of you jointly ... same destination and timeframe. If you latecomers refuse both you can go get more sleep because I have no need of you ... maybe Alwin and Goram here, or the others I hire will bring you on as extra muscle would care to employ your quartet, but they would be paying out of the funds they are to receive, and the names given will be removed from their place of immunity."


Listening to the female being routed so deeply by the Master Elf gives Alwin a feeling of satisfaction. The arrogant little girl walked in so haughty taughty. She needed an Elf to put her in her place. These humans are an infection. Always thinking so highly of themselves. The infest the world. Its takes all the restraint Alwin has not to snear at the southern human while she is being berated.

Then Master Myfflin starts to discuss options and Alwin's ears perk up. Alwin does the quick math in his head coming to the conclusion that option two doubles the offer Diogorro made, Still less for them than they were originally offered. But much better for us. And so coincidentally close to what I told Digiorro what we would be paid. Alwin smirks at the thought of his initial conversation with the portly man.

Goram wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:16 pm Goram with an air of smugness declares, "Obviously, we should go for the 130,000 gold pieces. That is more than 5,000 gold pieces per caravan member." The idiots will say 'The troll is stupid, obviously we should do the opposite', and then me and Alwin will get our 37,000 and be rich. What? That is ridiculous, I am not an idiot, it is blatantly obvious we get more if we are paid our original amount. Why would he offer us more per person with more people. That makes no sense, he would lose his shirt thinking that way. I know how to do math you daft weapon. . . . ., I am sorry my friend my temper got the best of me. But I can handle the business.


Alwin cringes at the comment, turning to look at Goram he wonders, Is it a ruse? Does he want us to underestimate him? The thought changes Alwin's opinion of the Troll, wondering what he may or may not know about him, and what is he playing at? He is screwing with us, he must be. I need to keep a better eye on that one and stop underestimating him. He takes a deep breath in and lets it out slowly while he considers the Alchemist's play, he already said many times he wants more security than less. This is his ploy to get that. So, even if we have to put in with this bumbling band of amateurs, it still pays more. He smiles slyly at the thought, and they would make great fodder should we actually get attacked.

Alwin steps a little closer to the group, "of course Master Myfflin, in your experience, the more security the better for this trip. Financially it makes more sense for us, and success is more likely for you." Alwin cocks his head slightly, "Not to mention what sounds like a 30 thousand savings." Alwin holds his hands up palms out, "Not that I blame you! Sound business I would say." Alwin turns to Goram and continues, "And as the Troll mentioned... Its more than 5000 for each member of the caravan."

Alwin turns to the Ogre and asks, "So will you accept the deal? Will you join your team with us? Seems you are two persons short from your original plan anyway." The Ogre being the only logical option left for the group's leader, in Alwin's mind, he wonders, why did he allow the human girl to speak for him? Is it misdirection? They seem to tiptoe around the little bug.
User avatar
Alkanar
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 48
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:41 am

Re: Delivery? No it's Digiorro

Post by Alkanar »

Perception: 1d100: [3] = 3 /39%
Just in Case: 1d20: [4] = 4 ; 1d100: [63] = 63
Conditions: Nightvision - 40',
Keen as a dog's and has the same range.

Azure wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:19 am Azure leans in to speak quietly into the wolfen’s ear from behind, ”It might not be wise to discuss that you are part of the guild so freely with strangers. It reveals much about you. Perhaps suggesting he goes and registers now. That way he leaves giving you an opportunity to amend with the alchemist without them here interfering with negotiations.” Azure advises Alkanar feeling himself brimming a moment full of a purpose again.
Alkanar turns to whisper back. "I am not a member and anyone with my education alone should know about the fine. Thank you for your input. We will see if it is necessary." Then turns back when Master Myfflin starts speaking.
Ya-Blik wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:00 pm In a voice that indicates no interest at all in excuses Myfflin in Eastern says, "So, what you are saying is that the Wolfen, has now been repeatedly incapacitated and put to sleep multiple times, that your little ... quartet fell asleep at some point and have been blissfully dreaming for days somewhere in the city ... Oh and from what it sounds like, you wish for me to simply overlook the issue as if it has not had a cost for me. Instead, I should hand over the cargo to your little crew who apparently have no idea why you have been oblivious to the world for days but I should take comfort that it could not happen a third time??? ... That is the argument?"
Ya-Blik wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:00 pm The Ogre sees Myfflin deliver an appraising head tilt in his direction and cock an eyebrow before looking back towards the others, "Well I have just spent hours carving new names into a series of very, very dangerous ward sequences. I have not yet, removed the two names given before and have no burning interest in starting over. So here are the options I will give you latecomers who needed their beauty-sleep ... The cargo needs to reach Adriana in the White Rock Mountains before the Winter Solstice. When ... Durak came in here earlier I told him it was not a job for a single man, he offered me a crew of 6 and I offered 160,000 Gold. Since then you have dropped and cycled out members, been days late, and generally made me nervous as hell ... Here are my new options: 1) 60,000 for the 4 of you, all other terms will remain -- and Alwin and Goram here will tag along as extra security because they have agreed to a number already ... and I suppose I will have a colleague summon up something to follow you and monitor from a distance; or 2) 130,000 for the 6 of you jointly ... same destination and timeframe. If you latecomers refuse both you can go get more sleep because I have no need of you ... maybe Alwin and Goram here, or the others I hire will bring you on as extra muscle would care to employ your quartet, but they would be paying out of the funds they are to receive, and the names given will be removed from their place of immunity."
Goram wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:16 pm Goram with an air of smugness declares, "Obviously, we should go for the 130,000 gold pieces. That is more than 5,000 gold pieces per caravan member."
Alwin wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:07 pm Alwin steps a little closer to the group, "of course Master Myfflin, in your experience, the more security the better for this trip. Financially it makes more sense for us, and success is more likely for you." Alwin cocks his head slightly, "Not to mention what sounds like a 30 thousand savings." Alwin holds his hands up palms out, "Not that I blame you! Sound business I would say." Alwin turns to Goram and continues, "And as the Troll mentioned... Its more than 5000 for each member of the caravan."

Alwin turns to the Ogre and asks, "So will you accept the deal? Will you join your team with us? Seems you are two persons short from your original plan anyway." The Ogre being the only logical option left for the group's leader.
Cutting the pay by 30 thousand and adding in two people almost halves each person's pay. Alkanar thinks with annoyance. But if he had all the cards he would not be hiring random travelers. He realizes. He evidently had no backup plan and just admitted that every delay costs him, such as recarving wards that already have our names. That is leverage for all six of us. And placating clearly has not worked.

"Now hold on." Alkanar speaks up while putting a hand on Sil's shoulder to move her back with the rest of the group. "First off. We did not come here to give excuses Master Myfflin, only to provide an account of what happened and apologize." He asserts. "By all rights, we could have assumed that we missed the deadline and not come back. It was our sense of professionalism that spurred us to return. To your benefit, it seems, since there is no evidence that you had a backup plan." He then gestures to Alwin and Goram. "It took you two days past the missed meeting time to get even just two more people here. Despite claiming when we first met that there were two other groups to visit you before us. As you just said, the delay has already cost you. How much more will it cost if you need to recarve the wards? Need I remind you that I am also a Diabolist? I know carving wards takes many hours. If they are as numerous and dangerous as you say, that is at least another day lost."

"Secondly." Alkanar adds. "'Blissfully dreaming' or 'needing beauty-sleep' as you put it, is orders of magnitude different from being forcefully rendered asleep for days. In a city that is supposed to be one of the safest in the Eastern Territories mind you. My companion is right, whatever happened was too localized, it did not affect anyone else at the Inn. Else it would have raised some alarm, or I would have at least overheard it when asking around." Alkanar taps his right ear to emphasize Wolfen hearing. "There are people already after the cargo that can get to us even in the middle of the Market District. With informed and capable aggressors in the mix, instead of just opportunists. We should be charging extra hazard pay. Not getting our individual pay slashed nearly in half. None of us can be too careful with cargo this valuable."

"Thirdly." Alkanar continues. "We are lucky that whoever is after the package has already wasted their element of surprise. And on the off chance it was some fluke, people are naturally more cautious when something has gone wrong. So because something had already gone wrong and we are already anticipating the certainly an attack, we are going to be more cautious than anyone else you are likely to find on such short notice."

"So considering the lack of a backup plan, the increase in risk, and our increased caution compared to alternatives." Alkanar counts off on his fingers. "Balanced with the fact that we were indeed quite late. I think we can settle on the originally agreed lump sum of 160,000 for all six of us."
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 430
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm

Re: Delivery? No it's Digiorro

Post by Silhouette »

JIC: 1d100: [30] = 30 1d20: [2] = 2
Perc: 68%/ 1d100: [72] = 72

Silhouette hears the way Master Myfflin twists their words but as she begins to answer, Goram and Alwin make their apparent agreements with Master Myfflin of which if the two were listening, would have made a double take on their own arrangement [GM EDIT: this is an evaluation of info Sil does not have]. Silhouette finds Goram’s calculations wildly confusing, like a student that found the right answer following the formula, got it wrong and doesn’t know how they came to it.

Silhouette listens to Alwin’s negotiation strategy, or is it simpering, as he readily agrees to carry a bomb on his back at the reduced price of his self-esteem as he bolsters the Alchemist with praise as a businessman. Silhouette thinks with a derisive pinching of her nose as she looks at the pair,”I hope these two can fight better than they can reason out one coin plus one equals…”

Silhouette’s looks at the giant and the slightly shorter than herself man and feels pity as she realizes in thought,”Scared dogs bark.” Shaking her head a fraction she again hopes against their words, “If they start talking on the road to passerby’s the way they talked about us to our faces, we will soon be confused for the orcs last season marauding their way north after having to fight every person we meet.”

Silhouette glances at Alkanar a moment and a small smirk forms as she recalls Brago,”We’ll have to teach these two to be like Brago. That wolf was silent except when necessary.” As Alkanar himself catches Silhouette’s eye and a large wolfen mitt rests on her shoulder that pulls her backward she tenses before she reiterates to herself,”Wolves’ make noise only when necessary.” Silhouette then shrugs to silently inform the wolfen she was complying and also to get his hand off of her as she thinks,”Silence does not mean other forms of communication were not readily available.”

Silhouette stands behind Alkanar and merely practices patience as she might if someone else stabbed a mark who will soon die. She needn't plung her blade in as well to share in the credit.
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 172/172 | I.S.P.: 59/59 | H.P.: 47/47 | S.D.C.:65/65
Conditions:Sixth Sense, Recognize various magics(see O.O.C. special abilities)
Armor: Studded Leather (AR13 / 38/38 SDC (-5% mobility)
Weapon: In-Hand: Bow. On person: Silver dagger & two dwarven daggers in sheath at belt, 2x throwing inside wrist armor/2x throwing in boots & 36 arrows on back.
Image
User avatar
Ya-Blik
Dimension Master
Posts: 225
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:56 am
Location: PFRPG GM & DM

Re: Delivery? No it's Digiorro

Post by Ya-Blik »

Date: 21 September, 345
Time: 1010
Environment: Clear Skies
Location: Market District -- Myfflin's Mystic Marvels




Alwin and Goram endorse the 2nd option with relative speed, whilst the four others hesitate. Eventually Alkanar, believing that Myfflin has tipped his hand to show some desperation, steps up to deliver a counteroffer while Silhouette observes and speculates. The Wolfen's first-second-third outline of arguments ending with his summation that, "So considering the lack of a backup plan, the increase in risk, and our increased caution compared to alternatives. Balanced with the fact that we were indeed quite late. I think we can settle on the originally agreed lump sum of 160,000 for all six of us."

The Alchemist's gaze reflects no amusement, "That's it? You have no guild backing and a history of being incapacitated but you will be more careful in light of the many risks in the wide world, so I should be grateful. Pass, you may leave."

IF the others exit the Alchemist turns back to Alwin, "In 2 hours be back here. You will go with a dozen of the Red Brigade. I got a list of those names last night but their pricing is steep. Your names are carved in but I can just paint theirs in place, but they will not be feeding you and ... the big one likely gets cranky when he has not eaten, so you probably want to plan out a bit for food."



Butcher's Bill:
Alkanar:
Azure: -2 SDC, - 8 ISP, Mind Block
Ramsis:
Silhouette: -18 PPE
Alwin:
Goram:


What are you doing?
--- Palladium Fantasy DM ---
User avatar
Alwin
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:54 am

Re: Delivery? No it's Digiorro

Post by Alwin »

Perception Bonus: 31% (3%) 1d100: [93] = 93
JIC: 1d100: [42] = 42 , 1d20: [9] = 9

Alwin looks to the others as the Alchemist dismisses them, 160 for 4 was the original offer? This alchemist is working hard to reduce his cost. Now I'm down to splitting 27 with the troll if these four back out completely? Ridiculous. Alwin forces a smile on his face and responds to the Alchemist, "2 hours will be plenty of time for us to register at the guild and grab whatever travel meals we may need." He bows his head slightly then turns to leave the shop before the others reply. "Goram, will you be coming with me to the guild?"

Outside Alwin stares at the stone lion, No wonder he needs such protection, he may be the most conniving elf I have met. The thought brings about a sly smile, Nothing wrong with making coin... doesn't mean I have to blindly accept it. Alwin sighs, All this effort wasted unless we follow through or find something else. Alwin will make his way to the guild to finalize the registration process and gather more information about membership, Might as well, I may spend more time here is all goes well.
User avatar
Alkanar
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 48
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:41 am

Re: Delivery? No it's Digiorro

Post by Alkanar »

Perception: 1d100: [38] = 38 /39%
Just in Case: 1d20: [17] = 17 ; 1d100: [34] = 34
Conditions: Nightvision - 40',
Keen as a dog's and has the same range.

Ya-Blik wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:50 am The Alchemist's gaze reflects no amusement, "That's it? You have no guild backing and a history of being incapacitated but you will be more careful in light of the many risks in the wide world, so I should be grateful. Pass, you may leave."
Alkanar gives the Alchemist an equally unamused look. "There are threats making themselves known to your package and all you can do is fixate on my recent misfortunes? So be it. I have no desire to continue business relations with, much less risk my life for, someone that is going to be dismissive and reductive. Good day, Myfflin." He then promptly turns and leaves, not stopping until he is back on the street. The Elven Alchemist that made my armor back in Shadowfall was nowhere near this curmudgeonly, but I guess that is to be expected of one able to see past the stigmas.

Once back on the street, if he's companions followed him, he will turn to them and say. "I guess we now look for another source of income, that venture will get no support from me."
User avatar
Goram
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:40 am

Re: Delivery? No it's Digiorro

Post by Goram »

Perception: 21% d100: [91] = 91
JIC: d20: [6] = 6 , d100: [18] = 18
Alwin wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:28 pm
Goram stays with Alwin.

"Goram, will you be coming with me to the guild?"
“Of course my friend, you may need assistance, if the ruffians that took umbrage with the other group decide we are a threat because we are now prospective transport. We obviously do not want to fall prey to them. It is a real sticking point for the Alchemist.”
Alkanar wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:36 pm Once back on the street, if he's companions followed him, he will turn to them and say. "I guess we now look for another source of income, that venture will get no support from me."
They refused the job? Maybe they are independently wealthy and only take jobs for fun? Wait so you are saying they just take transport jobs that result in potential death for thrills? Well I am not sure how else they could afford to turn down more than 5,000 gold. They don’t dress or carry themselves as if they are wealthy but you know they could be crazy. You, mean eccentric, if they are rich. Rich people are eccentric.
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 430
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm

Re: Delivery? No it's Digiorro

Post by Silhouette »

JIC 1d100: [10] = 10 1d20: [19] = 19
Perc: 68%/ 1d100: [94] = 94

Invoke Trust: 70% / 1d100: [35] = 35
Charm: (40%) / 1d100: [49] = 49

Silhouette nods working to keep her composure neutral as the others begin making their exit. With a gesture toward Alwin she tells the Alchemist,”It really is a shame that you so easily send a pigeon on behalf of this one for tardiness to the tower.” Silhouette shrugs exaggeratedly, “We didn't wake to a bitching pigeon or anything. It is a simple matter to do a locating magic to find us upon our being late and a pigeon to press upon us the cost of coin invested, so why the difference?” Shaking her head sadly Silhouette then says“For the sleep, if I was wanted to take your goods, I would put to sleep the stronger guards to delay or cast doubt so that you would hire the weaker of two choices… That is what I would do if I wanted to improve my chances of stealing your cargo on the road.” Silhouette smiles wanly,”If I were to do that to someone, I would be counting on the new hires to have already departed rather than the delay that might see the former party to have still been hired.”

Turning as Alkanar moves to the door Silhouette says over her shoulder as she rests the white bone stave in her arm like a guard’s polearm she says,”My counter. We six do the one-thirty deal, but after we show you the concern unwarranted with our secure delivery and return to Llorn for our pay, you guarantee a second job starting at our choosing of fair earnings for whatever task at hand with the addition of the difference of the one-sixty we agreed to before as down payment so long as any one of us shows up for the second job.” Tipping her head sideways as a nod visible from the back of her head she says,”Gives you a warming up period to trust us and ourselves guaranteed work after proving are capacity.” Silhouette thinks,”And ourselves vindication that we’ll be assailed on the road, preservation of everyone's pride here, and most importantly no further delays to getting to Wisdom.” Silhouette alters the offer and adds as she says,"Or instead of the job latter and down payment, the difference between deals now as material support in kind to help us get your delivery to the mountains. Stock is cheaper than coin after all, though horses and the like would help more."

Silhouette pauses at the door with her chin tucked down and head turned toward the Alchemist waiting for an answer. If the Alchemist doesn’t go for that Silhouette will simply walk out in silence.
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 172/172 | I.S.P.: 59/59 | H.P.: 47/47 | S.D.C.:65/65
Conditions:Sixth Sense, Recognize various magics(see O.O.C. special abilities)
Armor: Studded Leather (AR13 / 38/38 SDC (-5% mobility)
Weapon: In-Hand: Bow. On person: Silver dagger & two dwarven daggers in sheath at belt, 2x throwing inside wrist armor/2x throwing in boots & 36 arrows on back.
Image
User avatar
Ya-Blik
Dimension Master
Posts: 225
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:56 am
Location: PFRPG GM & DM

Re: Delivery? No it's Digiorro

Post by Ya-Blik »

Date: 21 September, 345
Time: 1012
Environment: Clear Skies
Location: Market District -- Myfflin's Mystic Marvels




The Wolfen's hackles raised, Alkanar declares, "There are threats making themselves known to your package and all you can do is fixate on my recent misfortunes? So be it. I have no desire to continue business relations with, much less risk my life for, someone that is going to be dismissive and reductive. Good day, Myfflin." He then promptly turns and leaves, finding himself out on the street quite alone in short order and once more the recipient of guarded not-too-trusting gazes of the City's common residents.

Silhouette attempts a graceful exit while also seeking to complain about Alwin having received easy assistance from Myfflin while once more claiming that her quartet are being actively targeted as the 'more dangerous and significant threat' to parties interested in the Alchemist's shipment. The result comes across as a thinly veiled complaint which could also be a backhanded insult, if one were to believe that when Silhouette and Co. were waylaid their 'unknown assailant(s)' did so with the intention of delaying or precluding this particular quartet from being present to safeguard said shipment (an incomplete hypothetical which relies on either the omniscience or extraordinary clairvoyance of an unknown of adverse party with apparent knowledge of the nature and value of a cargo that none of Silhouette, Azure, Alkanar, Ramsis, Alwin, or Goram possess), and knowledge of who would be hired as alternatives. This also appears to be laid upon the tenuous speculation that Alkanar was targetted days prior because he would eventually join up with this party.

Turning upon her heel Silhouette stops short of the courtyard to expound further while pointedly not looking at the Alchemist, ”My counter. We six do the 130 deal, but after we show you the concern unwarranted with our secure delivery and return to Llorn for our pay, you guarantee a second job starting at our choosing of fair earnings for whatever task at hand with the addition of the difference of the 160 we agreed to before as down payment so long as any one of us shows up for the second job ... Gives you a warming up period to trust us and ourselves guaranteed work after proving are capacity ... Or instead of the job latter and down payment, the difference between deals now as material support in kind to help us get your delivery to the mountains. Stock is cheaper than coin after all, though horses and the like would help more."

Alwin and Azure can see Myfflin roll his eyes in exasperation and Alwin is reminded of a time his father place a man on a spit-roast over the fire for falling asleep on watch, "Last and Final. Party of 6, those being the 6 of you here this morning, 130,000 gold for timely delivery, and 12 healing potions. Payment is being made by the recipient upon timely delivery, not upon return."

OOC: Alwin and Goram, your exchange was predicated on response to a comment that never triggers, so you are still present.

Butcher's Bill:
Alkanar:
Azure: -2 SDC, - 8 ISP, Mind Block
Ramsis:
Silhouette: -18 PPE
Alwin:
Goram:


What are you doing?
--- Palladium Fantasy DM ---
User avatar
Alwin
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:54 am

Re: Delivery? No it's Digiorro

Post by Alwin »

Perception Bonus: 31% (3%) 1d100: [71] = 71
JIC: 1d100: [1] = 1 , 1d20: [7] = 7


Alwin listens as the human girl finally speaks and makes and offer...

Silhouette wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:48 am “For the sleep, if I was wanted to take your goods, I would put to sleep the stronger guards to delay or cast doubt so that you would hire the weaker of two choices… That is what I would do if I wanted to improve my chances of stealing your cargo on the road.” Silhouette smiles wanly,”If I were to do that to someone, I would be counting on the new hires to have already departed rather than the delay that might see the former party to have still been hired.”


Did this little trollip just accuse Goran and I of assaulting them to remove the stronger asset? The conniving audacity of the human race never ceases to amaze me. I will have to keep a keen eye on this one if the alchemist actually accepts and we are working together. Alwin huffs in contempt at the comment, who let wench speak anyway. Alwin looks incredulously around from person to person to see if anyone is going to protest her speaking. Shaking his head, She should know her place. We are not in a house of her fragile kind.

Alwin stays silent knowing his current emotional state would show and ruin the face he is trying to put on for the alchemist. We do not have time for this. Amazing. She clings to hope in desperation trying to scratch some pathetic extra bit of morsel from the deal. He takes a deep breath in an attempt to calm his inner thoughts, Calm yourself Alwin, her boldness may serve you yet. The full 130 is indeed better than 27 to share.

Alwin listens on as the Alchemist responds...

Ya-Blik wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:20 am Alwin and Azure can see Myfflin roll his eyes in exasperation and Alwin is reminded of a time his father place a man on a spit-roast over the fire for falling asleep on watch, "Last and Final. Party of 6, those being the 6 of you here this morning, 130,000 gold for timely delivery, and 12 healing potions. Payment is being made by the recipient upon timely delivery, not upon return."


Alwins eyes open wide at the site of the Alchemist, I have seen that look before. Poor Tamlin... he screamed for hours. Alwin winces at the thought, father instructed the others to roast him just high enough from the fire so he would not numb for a long time. He closes his eyes for a brief second reliving the memory. Shaking his head and opening his eyes he looks to Silhouette to gauge her response, It is more... Granted, not what he offered originally but better than he offered Goram and myself. Alwin ponders the thought of how low of an offer they had actually accepted, robbery. All around. But without options... little choice. Just remember... and get even later.

Alwin turns to the 4 others. Focusing his eyes more in the direction of the ogre and the wolfen he asks, "We can do this quickly and be done with it. I don't know if you have many options, but we do not." Alwin gestures to Goram and himself.
User avatar
Goram
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:40 am

Re: Delivery? No it's Digiorro

Post by Goram »

Perception 21%: d100: [13] = 13
JIC: d20: [17] = 17 , d100: [78] = 78
Silhouette wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:48 am[/b] Shaking her head sadly Silhouette then says“For the sleep, if I was wanted to take your goods, I would put to sleep the stronger guards to delay or cast doubt so that you would hire the weaker of two choices… That is what I would do if I wanted to improve my chances of stealing your cargo on the road.” Silhouette smiles wanly,”If I were to do that to someone, I would be counting on the new hires to have already departed rather than the delay that might see the former party to have still been hired.”


Paranoid, and a conniving nature. That is concerning. Goram watch her closely, that is a dangerous combination. Noted, my friend and agreed. I am sure Alain has noted it as well.
Silhouette wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:48 am ”My counter. We six do the one-thirty deal, but after we show you the concern unwarranted with our secure delivery and return to Llorn for our pay, you guarantee a second job starting at our choosing of fair earnings for whatever task at hand with the addition of the difference of the one-sixty we agreed to before as down payment so long as any one of us shows up for the second job.” Tipping her head sideways as a nod visible from the back of her head she says,”Gives you a warming up period to trust us and ourselves guaranteed work after proving are capacity.” Silhouette thinks,”And ourselves vindication that we’ll be assailed on the road, preservation of everyone's pride here, and most importantly no further delays to getting to Wisdom.” Silhouette alters the offer and adds as she says,"Or instead of the job latter and down payment, the difference between deals now as material support in kind to help us get your delivery to the mountains. Stock is cheaper than coin after all, though horses and the like would help more."
Bold counter. Given the circumstances I do not expect the Alchemist to take it well. Agreed, Goram, she struggles reading the room.
Ya-Blik wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:20 am Alwin and Azure can see Myfflin roll his eyes in exasperation and Alwin is reminded of a time his father place a man on a spit-roast over the fire for falling asleep on watch, "Last and Final. Party of 6, those being the 6 of you here this morning, 130,000 gold for timely delivery, and 12 healing potions. Payment is being made by the recipient upon timely delivery, not upon return."
And there it is. Goram deliberates for a moment.
Alwin wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:44 am "We can do this quickly and be done with it. I don't know if you have many options, but we do not." Alwin gestures to Goram and himself.
For the GM
If the GM will allow I want to use the Swords Public Speaking skill for the persuasiveness of the next statement given he is providing the dialogue.

Public Speaking 98%: d100: [21] = 21
Say exactly what I tell you . . .That is the truth of the situation, my friend. They act as if there are lines of employers offering them large sums to employ them. The Alchemist is paying what he believes to be fair for the job. He has no intent on moving that amount. He has made a value judgement that the number of days lost in the process of replacing these four are worth less than what this party has counter offered and there is nothing we can do about that. If these four have so many means of employ that pay better than this job at the current offer, then we are forced to accept the original terms and wait for him to locate the remainder of the party. We will then pray to the gods that whatever obstacles are placed to prevent the completion of this job do not provide a delay that makes this extra time matter.
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 430
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm

Re: Delivery? No it's Digiorro

Post by Silhouette »

JIC: 1d20: [19] = 19 1d100: [31] = 31
Perc: 68% / 1d100: [52] = 52

Silhouette smirks a moment her eyes shifting to the side while she says in Western,“Master Myfflin, I have flex but I have a reputation to keep of not reneging a deal unless it is the same or to add a task for added pay.” Silhouette begins to depart the Alchemist’s shop as she tosses words behind her,”I was trying to be polite. I was offering you an fair shake not to be a deal breaker.” With that she will open the door and before she closes the door behind her says as if an afterthought to Myfflin,”That was my final.” Then Silhouette goes to join her companions.

Silhouette approaches her milling companions before she repeats some of what she said to Myfflin in Eastern,”No dice. Can’t be doing a job where the boss changes terms after agreeing. Bad for reputation.” Silhouette clacks her stave against the ground at her feet as she thinks,”I’m so mad right now I would knock the heads of anyone you pointed a finger and said they knew who was to blame for putting us out.” Silhouette ponders the dents in the dirt she is making as she rotates the stave into the ground like a drill searching for a spring to cool her temper as she says,”Might be worth going to the mage tower to see if they care that some sleeper mage is giving Llorn a name equal to their nappish take on...” Glancing back at Myfflin’s door pointedly with irony,”Criminal conduct.”

Silhouette shrugs as she says with a change of tact,”We can discuss who else might take us out east on a job along the way? Might even stumble upon work.” Silhouette looks around at her companions,”It is a start better than standing here pouting, right?”
”Goram” wrote: Say exactly what I tell you . . .That is the truth of the situation, my friend. They act as if there are lines of employers offering them large sums to employ them. The Alchemist is paying what he believes to be fair for the job. He has no intent on moving that amount. He has made a value judgement that the number of days lost in the process of replacing these four are worth less than what this party has counter offered and there is nothing we can do about that. If these four have so many means of employ that pay better than this job


Silhouette glances at the troll speaking, almost about to give him the continued presence of her attention before her head bops upward and her mouth frames a silently delivered word,”Oh.” Silhouette catches on that the troll has some idea favoring Myfflin as she says to her companions she has gone to outside,”I don’t know much about trolls but I can’t argue that one’s flexibility to get his nose browned like that.” Shaking her head incredulously as she snickers and says,“Ever see one of those fencing tourneys up in the High quarter to collect rings off your opponent? He’s collected one ring at least. A feat worthy of a bard’s tale.”

Silhouette will collect Petal while regarding anything said in reply and then give the mule a nice rubbing of the chin saying to the animal sweetly,”I’ll get you something to eat later nice and sweet like you!” Silhouette tugs at the halter directing the mule,”Let’s go smelly.”

Silhouette begins to head off to the mage tower if they agree to the destination.
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 172/172 | I.S.P.: 59/59 | H.P.: 47/47 | S.D.C.:65/65
Conditions:Sixth Sense, Recognize various magics(see O.O.C. special abilities)
Armor: Studded Leather (AR13 / 38/38 SDC (-5% mobility)
Weapon: In-Hand: Bow. On person: Silver dagger & two dwarven daggers in sheath at belt, 2x throwing inside wrist armor/2x throwing in boots & 36 arrows on back.
Image
User avatar
Alkanar
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 48
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:41 am

Re: Delivery? No it's Digiorro

Post by Alkanar »

Perception: 1d100: [28] = 28 /39%
Just in Case: 1d20: [12] = 12 ; 1d100: [53] = 53
Conditions: Nightvision - 40',
Keen as a dog's and has the same range.


When not immediately followed to the street Alkanar leans against the wall on the outside of the Alchemist's courtyard, next to the gate. While trying to still his own irritation he follows the conversation inside by way of his superior hearing and the door Ramsis is holding open. Then quirks an eyebrow when Sil responds to the Alchemist's final offer in what sounds like Western. She knows at least as many languages as I do. What is she saying that she does not want anyone else to hear?
Silhouette wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:47 pm Silhouette approaches her milling companions before she repeats some of what she said to Myfflin in Eastern,”No dice. Can’t be doing a job where the boss changes terms after agreeing. Bad for reputation.” Silhouette clacks her stave against the ground at her feet. Silhouette ponders the dents in the dirt she is making as she rotates the stave into the ground like a drill searching for a spring to cool her temper as she says,”Might be worth going to the mage tower to see if they care that some sleeper mage is giving Llorn a name equal to their nappish take on...” Glancing back at Myfflin’s door pointedly with irony,”Criminal conduct.”

Silhouette shrugs as she says with a change of tact,”We can discuss who else might take us out east on a job along the way? Might even stumble upon work.” Silhouette looks around at her companions,”It is a start better than standing here pouting, right?”
"Fine by me." Alkanar responds over his shoulder through the gate. "After our treatment, that venture will get no support from me. Having others along and a second case should add some weight to a report of my previous misfortune. There seemed little chance of a favorable outcome before." This job was going to the south, now she wants to head east? I am going to have to ask her what she is wanting to do. I was interrupted last time when we were knocked out.
Goram wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:20 pm That is the truth of the situation, my friend. They act as if there are lines of employers offering them large sums to employ them. The Alchemist is paying what he believes to be fair for the job. He has no intent on moving that amount. He has made a value judgement that the number of days lost in the process of replacing these four are worth less than what this party has counter offered and there is nothing we can do about that. If these four have so many means of employ that pay better than this job at the current offer, then we are forced to accept the original terms and wait for him to locate the remainder of the party. We will then pray to the gods that whatever obstacles are placed to prevent the completion of this job do not provide a delay that makes this extra time matter.
Silhouette wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:47 pm Silhouette glances at the troll speaking, almost about to give him the continued presence of her attention before her head bops upward and her mouth frames a silently delivered word,”Oh.” Silhouette catches on that the troll has some idea favoring Myfflin as she says to her companions she has gone to outside,”I don’t know much about trolls but I can’t argue that one’s flexibility to get his nose browned like that.” Shaking her head incredulously as she snickers and says,“Ever see one of those fencing tourneys up in the High quarter to collect rings off your opponent? He’s collected one ring at least. A feat worthy of a bard’s tale.”
Speaking in a tone low enough to not carry inside Alkanar responds to Sil. "Considering how he has been as a potential employer, Myfflin must be the flexible one to have stayed in business this long." A bad look on anyone, but especially an Elf.

Then pushing off the wall and turning to the gate he raises his voice to address Goram. "It has nothing to do with the quantity of potential employers, or even the sum of the payment at this point, it has to do with the dishonorable way we have been treated. As I said before, I have no desire to continue business relations with, much less risk my life for, someone that is going to be dismissive and reductive. I did what I could to salvage the situation, my honor is intact, and I am not going to let it be trampled on."

He then turns to leave with the rest of the group for the Brotherhood's tower.
User avatar
Azure
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 108
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:17 pm
Location: PFRPG Group 2

Re: Delivery? No it's Digiorro

Post by Azure »

Perception: 78% 1d100: [65] = 65
D20 JiC: 1d20: [3] = 3 / D100 JiC: 1d100: [17] = 17

Conditions: Gaozir’s shared senses, Mind-Block Auto Defense. 20/20 vision, Nightvision 600', See Aura, See the Invisible.

Butcher Bill:

Skill rolls:

The turn in the demeanor of the group towards the alchemist is hard to miss. The ogre with practiced reserve keeps his face calm reading the minds of those around. Even without the mind reading, he could easily interpret the disdain over the change of terms. It is unfortunate I can no longer find his thoughts. I might have been able to offer advice he finds agreeable. Azure considers finding it odd this merchant is able to detect his intrusion. Seer had told me that reading is only detectable to those with a block already in place, like the one permanently in place for Azure. But even still they wouldn’t know from who or where. Now that he thought on it the Necromancer that stole the children also detected Azure….was Seer wrong? How do I learn this? Realizing he is distracting himself as the group begins to extract themselves from the shop.

Seer trained me to influence to others for the best outcome for the Chief. I don’t think I can affect this one in that manner due to whatever he is using to block me. Words will have to do.

Azure speaks briefly before he himself departs the shop. ”Where I am from travel is often very fatal. There are dangers due to drought, bandits, and other threats, often causing significant delays to the voyage. So when a Chief travels to barter terms don’t change from the last arrangements made. After bartering is complete only then can a new arrangement be struck for the next season. Because who would enter into an agreement if it was so dangerous to travel but the terms could unknowingly change? As such it is a great insult to change an agreement that only blood can only apologize for it. I am not in my home, but it seems it is a universal rule I’ve observed in my time here in the north.”

If only I could read him. Azure thinks. Turning to leave he watches the alchemist's face through Gao’s eyes for signs of a reaction that he might not give face to face.

Use Telepathy: Superior to read the general thoughts and reactions hidden behind the courtesies of the Alchemist and the group.

Range: 100 ft. +50 ft./lvl for probe, or 200 ft. +100 ft./lvl for two-way communication.
Duration: 2 min/lvl, I.S.P.: 8
Saving Throw: Standard.
Just like the lesser Sensitive power of Telepathy, Telepathy: Superior grants the ability to hear surface thoughts, or send and receive telepathic messages. However, this superior form of the power gives the character the ability to read deeper or even subconscious thoughts. If the victim fails the saving throw, the psychic will be able to read thoughts on any subject he wants. This
can include passwords, names of contacts, the victim's true name, and even skills. Sometimes (40% +3% per level of experience chance) the character will be even able to see or hear parts of memories associated with the thoughts he is reading from the victim. A saving throw should be rolled for each skill/memory/thought that the character tries to read. The character can make one attempt to pull information from the victim for each attack per melee.

Gaozir:
Perception: Perception: 28%/ 1d100: [11] = 11
D20 JiC: 1d20: [19] = 19 /D100 JiC: 1d100: [14] = 14
Azure Languages: N:Gobblely, Eastern, Elven, Giantese
I.S.P.: 183/183 | P.P.E.: 1/1 | H.P.: 47/47 (0/5) | S.D.C.: 81/81 (0/70)
Conditions: Sixth Sense, Total Recall, 20/20 vision, Nightvision 600', See Aura, See the Invisible.
Armor: Quilted Tunic | A.R.: 8 | S.D.C.: 15/15 | Modifiers:-
Weapon: Long Spear | Dmg: 3d6+19 | Modifiers: +10 strike, +13 parry, +13 throw | Throw Range: 180' S.N. 240'| Dmg: 4d6
Familiar: Gaozir (See Equipment for Combat Data) | S.D.C.: 51/51 | H.P.:- | APR: 2 (+2 Strike/Dodge) Damage: 2D4+2 (talons or beak), Dive Bomb: 4d4+4 (2 actions)
Abilities: Horror Factor: 10, Spd: 33 (66 in bursts, dive at 88), Excellent vision (2 miles), Nightvision 300', Track by scent 66%; by sight 80%, Glide for over 10 miles without flapping wings
Animal and Psionics: See the Invisible, Sense Evil, Sense Magic, Sixth Sense, and Empathy (receives only). Range: 600 foot area.
User avatar
Alwin
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:54 am

Re: Delivery? No it's Digiorro

Post by Alwin »

Alwin wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:44 am Perception Bonus: 31% (3%) 1d100: [71] = 71
JIC: 1d100: [1] = 1 , 1d20: [7] = 7
Alwin listens as the human blows up any chance they have of getting more for the job, humans are always so selfish. Talk of honor. Really? Alwin sighs, "Just like a human. All the money in the world, no need to prove themselves." Alwin takes another deep breath and looks at the Alchemist, "I made a deal and although I would be happier with the larger proposed sum, I will not back out after giving my word."

After this I will need to see that the petty human girl learns a lesson on the sin of pride. Alwin looks to the elf and asks, "Where do we go from here?"
User avatar
Ya-Blik
Dimension Master
Posts: 225
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:56 am
Location: PFRPG GM & DM

Re: Delivery? No it's Digiorro

Post by Ya-Blik »

Date: 21 September, 345
Time: 1020
Environment: Clear Skies
Location: Market District -- Myfflin's Mystic Marvels




Alwin turns to the others and focuses towards Azure, "We can do this quickly and be done with it. I don't know if you have many options, but we do not."

Silhouette though rejects the Alchemist's last counter while making sure to include a jab/insult at his character (in Western Human) “Master Myfflin, I have flex but I have a reputation to keep of not reneging a deal unless it is the same or to add a task for added pay ... I was trying to be polite. I was offering you an fair shake not to be a deal breaker ... That was my final.” before she closes the door behind her (apparently closing Ramsis outside and never letting him speak), and goes to join her companions.

Myfflin fixes an unimpressed glance at Alwin then Azure, who is oddly the last present, "Stupid girl already broke her terms. Failed to show up on time, and thereby cost me money. Attempted explanations and deflections do not negate the failure nor offset my own losses. Instead they demand I soak those losses up entirely and insult me throughout. A less forgiving Alchemist would make sure they had the runs for the next week."

The massive Troll, Goram, clears his throat and delivers a somewhat stilted and somewhat comment to Alwin[? or Azure(?)], "That is the truth of the situation, my friend. They act as if there are lines of employers offering them large sums to employ them. The Alchemist is paying what he believes to be fair for the job. He has no intent on moving that amount. He has made a value judgement that the number of days lost in the process of replacing these four are worth less than what this party has counter offered and there is nothing we can do about that. If these four have so many means of employ that pay better than this job at the current offer, then we are forced to accept the original terms and wait for him to locate the remainder of the party. We will then pray to the gods that whatever obstacles are placed to prevent the completion of this job do not provide a delay that makes this extra time matter."

OOC: Silhouette you very clearly cannot react to this, you included the intent to close the door behind you in your post. Likewise, Alkanar cannot have a comment about Silhouette's evaluation of Goram's statement which she did not hear.

Azure activates Telepathy Superior again (-8 ISP), lowers his own Mind Block, and then speaks briefly, "Where I am from travel is often very fatal. There are dangers due to drought, bandits, and other threats, often causing significant delays to the voyage. So when a Chief travels to barter terms don’t change from the last arrangements made. After bartering is complete only then can a new arrangement be struck for the next season. Because who would enter into an agreement if it was so dangerous to travel but the terms could unknowingly change? As such it is a great insult to change an agreement that only blood can only apologize for it. I am not in my home, but it seems it is a universal rule I’ve observed in my time here in the north ..."

Myfflin visibly shrugs at Azure, "Your lot changed the terms when you failed to show up and depart on time in conjunction with other aspects of my delivery. It is what it is. I am not going to seek blood over it, but your wolfen and Southern-child-Mage cannot get past that, and she seems to have an extraordinarily inflated sense of self-worth Ogre. For the amount of shade and grief those two cast on those around them, one would hope they are exceptional at their professions, but I have doubts." Azure finds that the Alchemist's thoughts are quite a bit more irate about the lack of respect shown but otherwise essentially mirror what is said as the Mind Mage likewise exits the shop and the door closes.

Alwin sighs, "Just like a human. All the money in the world, no need to prove themselves ... I made a deal and although I would be happier with the larger proposed sum, I will not back out after giving my word ... Where do we go from here?"

The elder elf nods in agreement, "Well, with the excess weight on the operation trimmed by its own hand, I suppose your number can float back up to 40,000, you guys must have annoyed Digiorro last night. Get yourself situated for a long journey and be back here in 3 hours. I will finish up the protective ... and non-protective enchantments. Be wary of those others, they now know you will be departing here with a valuable cargo ..."

Across a courtyard, standing in a busy street surrounded by ambient market-noise Alkanar strains to hear what is said in the Alchemist's shop after his departure. Amongst other comments from up the block (from more than 1 mother to stay the hell away from the monstrous wolfen-dog, a comment that Alkanar looks like a fair contestant for the Arena, and several people spitting) Alkanar gleans that Silhouette speaks a bit in an unknown language, then leaves and closes the door behind her.

Silhouette then crosses the courtyard out into the street and declares in Eastern, "No dice. Can’t be doing a job where the boss changes terms after agreeing. Bad for reputation ... Might be worth going to the mage tower to see if they care that some sleeper mage is giving Llorn a name equal to their nappish take on ... Criminal conduct.” She then says "We can discuss who else might take us out East on a job along the way? Might even stumble upon work ... It is a start better than standing here pouting, right?” Silhouette collects Petal rubbing its nose sweetly as Azure walks up to her and Alkanar, "I’ll get you something to eat later nice and sweet like you!”

The trio then begin to head towards The Brotherhood of Magic.

OOC: I am not moving Ramsis because he hasn't posted and it's unclear whether he will opt to enter and join the Myfflin job, or leave. Ramsis, you need to indicate where you are going, you are standing in a Courtyard. Silhouette just headed up the block, the Alchemist's shop is directly in front of you (you will have heard alot, but only understood stuff in Eastern).





Butcher's Bill:
Alkanar:
Azure: -2 SDC, -16 ISP, Mind Block
Ramsis:
Silhouette: -18 PPE
Alwin:
Goram:


What are you doing?
--- Palladium Fantasy DM ---
User avatar
Alwin
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:54 am

Re: Delivery? No it's Digiorro

Post by Alwin »

Perception Bonus: 31% (3%) 1d100: [75] = 75
JIC: 1d100: [63] = 63 , 1d20: [17] = 17

Ya-Blik wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 2:20 pm The elder elf nods in agreement, "Well, with the excess weight on the operation trimmed by its own hand, I suppose your number can float back up to 40,000, you guys must have annoyed Digiorro last night. Get yourself situated for a long journey and be back here in 3 hours. I will finish up the protective ... and non-protective enchantments. Be wary of those others, they now know you will be departing here with a valuable cargo ..."
Alwin nods in agreement, "3 hours, understood. Should be enough time to register and grab our travel supplies." Alwin pauses to think how to respond about Digiorro and decides to go with the truth, "There was a misunderstanding last night, I didn't believe the offer of work was genuine. I was missing some details from my companions past. Either way, it worked out in the end." Alwin holds his arm out to seal the agreement with a handshake. "We appreciate the bump in pay and hopefully once we have proven our skill you can offer a kind word to others who might seek similar help." Alwin turns to Goram and asks, "Will you come with me to register or go shop directly?"

Alwin will head outside. If he sees the group outside it will spark the thought, I wonder if they have alternate offers of employment. The alchemist is shrewd, but he hasn't done us wrong, yet. Alwin will start in the direction of the tower to register. If Ramsis is still standing outside he will ask, "I almost forgot you were here, are you still going in to discuss the job with the alchemist? Alwin wonders, does the human speak for him too? He looks off toward the trio, it seems she at least speaks for them.

If/when he gets to the brotherhood he will enquire about membership, "Good sir, I have a string feeling I may be frequenting Llorn more than I originally thought. Can you tell me more of the benefits of membership?"
User avatar
Goram
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:40 am

Re: Delivery? No it's Digiorro

Post by Goram »

Perception 21%: [1d100 (91)]
JIC: d100: [1d100 (60)]. d20: [1d20 (19)]
Alwin wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 4:36 pm Alwin nods in agreement, "3 hours, understood. Should be enough time to register and grab our travel supplies." Alwin pauses to think how to respond about Digiorro and decides to go with the truth, "There was a misunderstanding last night, I didn't believe the offer of work was genuine. I was missing some details from my companions past. Either way, it worked out in the end."
"There was disrespect on Digiorro's part but I have found forgiveness in my heart for him. He conducted negotiations as an adversary, not as a party looking to find mutual ground, unlike you who have been respectful from the beginning."

Alwin wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 4:36 pm Alwin holds his arm out to seal the agreement with a handshake. "We appreciate the bump in pay and hopefully once we have proven our skill you can offer a kind word to others who might seek similar help." Alwin turns to Goram and asks, "Will you come with me to register or go shop directly?"
"I will accompany you my friend. I am curious as to the steps in this process." It is odd that they charge a fee to use your magic. It is like pre-punishing you for its misuse. If I was to walk around pre-punishing people for misdeeds they have not yet committed, I believe I would not be very popular. Indeed Goram, Indeed.
Alwin wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 4:36 pm Alwin will head outside. If he sees the group outside it will spark the thought, I wonder if they have alternate offers of employment. The alchemist is shrewd, but he hasn't done us wrong, yet. Alwin will start in the direction of the tower to register. If Ramsis is still standing outside he will ask, "I almost forgot you were here, are you still going in to discuss the job with the alchemist? Alwin wonders, does the human speak for him too? He looks off toward the trio, it seems she at least speaks for them.
"Your friends are quite the negotiators, for your sake I hope they weren't walking away from the job as a negotiation tactic and have something else lined up."
Alwin wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 4:36 pm If/when he gets to the brotherhood he will enquire about membership, "Good sir, I have a string feeling I may be frequenting Llorn more than I originally thought. Can you tell me more of the benefits of membership?"
Goram listens intently to hear about the steps of the process.
User avatar
Alkanar
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 48
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:41 am

Re: Delivery? No it's Digiorro

Post by Alkanar »

Perception: 31/39%
Just in Case: 4; 20
Conditions: Nightvision - 40',
Keen as a dog's and has the same range.




As they walk to the Brotherhood, Alkanar has a realization. Of course now, since I am not rushing to apologize or ticked at his dismissiveness, I realize that Myfflin was reneging on the established contract. True Names and delivery of the packages for pay. It was solidified the moment any one of us gave our True Name, which was before we were given a pickup time, our being late was irrelevant. Glancing back the way his group came. Alkanar sees Goram towering over the rest of the crowd a fair way back. That is right, Alwin needed to register. I should warn them. They seemed to not understand how crooked Myfflin was being, I did not until just now. I really expected better from an Elf...

When the group gets to the Brotherhood, Alkanar says to the rest "It may be better for you to go and report the incidents first. They might dismiss mine out of hand if they know I am a Wolfen first." It is not just, but prejudice never is. He will then wait outside until Alwin and Goram reach the Brotherhood.

When Alwin and Goram do reach the Brotherhood. He will approach them before they enter. "I hope you two are not going to take that job with the Alchemist. But if you are, I feel should I warn you about how truly crooked he was acting. So you can protect yourselves." He pauses for a beat to make sure he has their attention. "Our contract was to deliver the packages, which required us to give True Names, for 160,000 gold. We were not told of when to pick them up until after he had a True Name, therefore the contract was already in effect. In light of that, our being late had no factor as long as we were still able to deliver the packages on time. Yet he still tried to lower our pay. He has proven himself to be an untrustworthy employer. I would seriously advise reconsidering that job, you may not get the pay promised. This is the largest city in the Eastern Territories, it should not be hard for anyone that looks as capable as you two to find more trustworthy employment." Alkanar pauses to think for a moment. "In fact, maybe we should all look together when we are done here. More eyes find things faster."
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 430
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm

Re: Delivery? No it's Digiorro

Post by Silhouette »

JIC: [dice]1d100 [/dice] [dice1d20][/dice]
Perc: 68% / [dice]1d100[/dice]

Silhouette pulls Petal to walk over to walk along Alkanar before she hops onto the back of the mule. Horsemanship: General -- 87% / [dice]1d100 [/dice] Silhouette scans the alleys and people around them while she guides her longtime mount along the path to the Brotherhood as she thinks,”Brother…hood. I haven’t met any lady wizards…have I?” Silhouette shakes her head in consternation that she can’t recall as she listens to Alkanar speak as she continues shaking her head in disagreement with his words.
”Alkanar” wrote: When the group gets to the Brotherhood, Alkanar says to the rest "It may be better for you to go and report the incidents first. They might dismiss mine out of hand if they know I am a Wolfen first." It is not just, but prejudice never is. He will then wait outside until Alwin and Goram reach the Brotherhood.
Silhouette smiles ruefully,”I am not one of them as I find my own way. Such as they, do not like the unbridled.” Silhouette tilts her chin to the side as she regards the wolfen as she reasons to say,”They are very proud and accept only those of their traditions. Your art will be respected because they want to keep their traditions respected outside the tower. You are one of them, even if you wouldn’t be allowed to join as a Wolfen, you are a “man” of magic.”

Silhouette nods along finding no disagreement to be voiced as Alkanar speaks to Alwin and Goram. A rarity for her. After a time, she offers a question to investigate the giant and elf as she introduces herself to them,”The name’s Silhouette…” She pauses with the intention of hearing Alwin and Goram speak before continuing,”You two have any skill at finding people?” Laughing she pokes at Goram,”Except when you’re not looking down on a milling crowd for a pick-sock?” Silhouette turns her eyes to Alwin,”That is a very unusual…brass thing on your back?” With the same sweeping look Silhouette eyes Goram too,”The both of you have strange weapons.”

Silhouette follows Alkanar to the Brotherhood and encourages him to provide what he told Alwin and Goram,”The same you said is what you should tell the Brotherhood. As well the ambushing and the sleep at the Inn on the rest of us. Magic attacks I’m told are not ignored here.”
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 172/172 | I.S.P.: 59/59 | H.P.: 47/47 | S.D.C.:65/65
Conditions:Sixth Sense, Recognize various magics(see O.O.C. special abilities)
Armor: Studded Leather (AR13 / 38/38 SDC (-5% mobility)
Weapon: In-Hand: Bow. On person: Silver dagger & two dwarven daggers in sheath at belt, 2x throwing inside wrist armor/2x throwing in boots & 36 arrows on back.
Image
User avatar
Ya-Blik
Dimension Master
Posts: 225
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:56 am
Location: PFRPG GM & DM

Re: Delivery? No it's Digiorro

Post by Ya-Blik »

Date: 21 September, 345
Time: 1040
Environment: Clear Skies
Location: Transitional --- (Market) Myfflin's Mystic Marvels – (High District) Brotherhood of Magic




Myfflin briefly chats with Alwin who deflects and make light a bit of their prior night’s encounter with Digiorro, and Goram who makes a point of claiming to have been insulted but forgiven the man; before they eventually depart for the Brotherhood (stopping to greet Ramsis in the Courtyard briefly and inquire of his plans) in the High District. On the road, the duo somewhat unintentionally catch up to Silhouette, Azure, and Alkanar.

Once through the gates of the High District, the collective group can see the Brotherhood’s guild house from some distance, it is well over 100 foot tall, elegantly spiraling tower with a wide base and a pointed peak. It is almost twice the height of Shadowfall's School of the Arcane which was constructed after the founding of the Wolfen Empire, and has a feeling of permanence like it has been there much longer.

Alkanar ponders contract his recollection of the elements of contract formation and breach and matches his stride to speak to Alwin and Goram to offer his thoughts, a warning, and solicit the duo to potentially join those who had walked out on Myfflin, "I hope you two are not going to take that job with the Alchemist. But if you are, I feel should I warn you about how truly crooked he was acting. So you can protect yourselves. Our contract was to deliver the packages, which required us to give True Names, for 160,000 gold. We were not told of when to pick them up until after he had a True Name, therefore the contract was already in effect. In light of that, our being late had no factor as long as we were still able to deliver the packages on time. Yet he still tried to lower our pay. He has proven himself to be an untrustworthy employer. I would seriously advise reconsidering that job, you may not get the pay promised. This is the largest city in the Eastern Territories, it should not be hard for anyone that looks as capable as you two to find more trustworthy employment … In fact, maybe we should all look together when we are done here. More eyes find things faster."

Silhouette pulls Petal to walk over to walk along Alkanar before she hops onto the back of the mule and scans the alleys and people around. After a time, the Southern Mystic offers her name before questioning Alwin and Goram,“The name’s Silhouette… You two have any skill at finding people?” Laughing she then pokes at the Troll Goram,“Except when you’re not looking down on a milling crowd for a pick-sock?” (apparently a derivative of pick-pocket for those of giant stature) before turning to Alwin to comment on his very unique bow, “… The both of you have strange weapons.”

Entering the Brotherhood of Magic, Alwin (and Goram) finds a small line of other apparent newcomers to the city queuing up to register with a scribe(?) at a counter with a large ledge-looking book in front of him. They get in line and after a few minutes reaches the front, "Good sir, I have a strong feeling I may be frequenting Llorn more than I originally thought. Can you tell me more of the benefits of membership?"

The scribe clears his throat then gives what seems like a very very often-repeated speech by rote:
A Canned Speech wrote:“Llorn’s Brotherhood is well known throughout the Eastern Territory, we have libraries, vaults for storage of member valuables (for a fee), offices, and training rooms (places where members can practice offensive spells). To be accepted into the Brotherhood of Magic, one must pass a series of tests designed to prove the individual's mastery of their chosen craft. The tests are overseen by two or more similar practitioners (Wizards test Wizards, Diabolists test Diabolists, etc.). Once the tests are passed, all that remains is for the new member to pay their Membership Fee (2,500 gold), and swear an oath to the Gods of Light to obey the rules of the guild, to obey the Grand Master of the Brotherhood and to obey and serve the ruler of Llorn. Thereafter, members are required to pay a 3000 gold due annually. Members of the Brotherhood are expected to perform services for the city. The individual is paid for their services, and payment varies depending on the length of service and what is required, but typically ranges from 1,800 to 6,000 gold per month or fraction thereof. Membership will mean that you do not have to come up and register each time you enter the city, nor pay the 500 gold each time you enter the city ... ”
OOC: There are also additional benefits on pages 100-103 of Palladium Fantasy RPG® 2nd Ed.
When the group gets to the Brotherhood, Alkanar pauses before entry and says to the rest (Silhouette and Azure), "It may be better for you to go and report the incidents first. They might dismiss mine out of hand if they know I am a Wolfen first."

Silhouette smiles at the Wolfen declining to speak first,“I am not one of them as I find my own way. Such as they, do not like the unbridled. … They are very proud and accept only those of their traditions. Your art will be respected because they want to keep their traditions respected outside the tower. You are one of them, even if you wouldn’t be allowed to join as a Wolfen, you are a “man” of magic.”

Silhouette then advises Alkanar to to provide what he told Alwin and Goram to the Brotherhood,“The same you said is what you should tell the Brotherhood. As well the ambushing and the sleep at the Inn on the rest of us. Magic attacks I’m told are not ignored here.” Alkanar, Silhouette, and Azure enter and stand (not in line) in what is effectively a lobby/entry rather significantly larger than one would expect from a casual examination of the Tower from the outside.

OOC: You guys all already registered, so it did not really make sense to put you in that line with Alwin.


Date: 21 September, 345
Time: 1025
Environment: Clear Skies
Location: Market District -- Myfflin's Mystic Marvels


Ramsis stands pondering in the Courtyard of Myfflin’s in the wake of Silhouette, Azure, and Alkanar walking off towards the Brotherhood of Magic. The Elf (Alwin) and Troll (Goram) had stopped to ask him if he was still seeking the Alchemist’s job, but found the Priest was unsure. Rather than loom over Ramsis, the pair departed a short time later to let him consider his decision.


OOC: I am not moving Ramsis because he hasn't posted and it's unclear whether he will opt to enter and join the Myfflin job, or leave. Ramsis, you need to indicate where you are going, you are the last person in the Courtyard, and havent really made a call on what you are doing or interested in doing (Ramsis has not Posted since 11/06/22, and we really need to see some kind of activity).




Butcher's Bill:
Alkanar:
Azure: -2 SDC, -16 ISP
Ramsis:
Silhouette: -18 PPE
Alwin:
Goram:


What are you doing?
--- Palladium Fantasy DM ---
User avatar
Alkanar
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 48
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:41 am

Re: Delivery? No it's Digiorro

Post by Alkanar »

Perception: 71/39%
Just in Case: 17; 59
Conditions: Nightvision - 40',
Keen as a dog's and has the same range.



Silhouette wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 1:53 pm Silhouette nods along finding no disagreement to be voiced as Alkanar speaks to Alwin and Goram. A rarity for her. After a time, she offers a question to investigate the giant and elf as she introduces herself to them,”The name’s Silhouette…” She pauses with the intention of hearing Alwin and Goram speak before continuing,”You two have any skill at finding people?” Laughing she pokes at Goram,”Except when you’re not looking down on a milling crowd for a pick-sock?” Silhouette turns her eyes to Alwin,”That is a very unusual…brass thing on your back?” With the same sweeping look Silhouette eyes Goram too,”The both of you have strange weapons.”
Alkanar takes note of Sil's comments. Finding people? That came out of nowhere. My questions for her just keep piling up. Then he turns his attention to the duo's weapons. "Those are unusual, are they magic items?" He adds in with interest.

Recognize Magic: 25/30% (identify Alwin's bow, +20% if magic symbols or runes are involved)
Lore: Magic: Recognize Enchantment 40/35% (identify Alwin's bow)
Recognize Magic: 95/30% (identify Goram's sword, +20% if magic symbols or runes are involved)
Lore: Magic: Recognize Enchantment 26/35% (identify Goram's sword)
Silhouette wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 1:53 pm Silhouette smiles ruefully,”I am not one of them as I find my own way. Such as they, do not like the unbridled.” Silhouette tilts her chin to the side as she regards the wolfen as she reasons to say,”They are very proud and accept only those of their traditions. Your art will be respected because they want to keep their traditions respected outside the tower. You are one of them, even if you wouldn’t be allowed to join as a Wolfen, you are a “man” of magic.”
"The art may be, but they barely let me register. I don't think they believed that a 'Wolfen Savage' could learn it." Alkanar retorts. Do not like the unbridled? Is she a Witch or a Necromancer? No, she makes it sound like they know of her but do not accept her. Wait, 'proud of their traditions'. There were a few times were the mages that we brought into the School of the Arcane from outside the Republic mentioned Wizards that did not respect tradition and learned magic from outside the normal avenues. "Your an untrained Wizard?" He asks with a raised eyebrow but without any hostility in his voice.
Silhouette wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 1:53 pm Silhouette follows Alkanar to the Brotherhood and encourages him to provide what he told Alwin and Goram,”The same you said is what you should tell the Brotherhood. As well the ambushing and the sleep at the Inn on the rest of us. Magic attacks I’m told are not ignored here.”
"Someone should tell the guards that interrupted my attackers." Alkanar jests. "But yes, Llorn has strict regulations on magic. I will speak to them first if you insist." He responds.

Alkanar will look around for the right person to talk to. Upon finding them he will address them. "Greetings, my name is Alkanar, I just registered with the Brotherhood as a Diabolist three.. no five days ago. My companions and I would like to report the unsavory conduct of the Alchemist Myfflin of Myfflin's Mystic Marvels. And two cases involving criminal magic."

Once Alkanar is sure he has their attention and they are ready for the report he will continue. "Firstly, the Alchemist Myfflin reneged on an established contract. We meet with Master Myfflin about a job three days ago. At that time we were contracted to deliver some warded packages, which required us to divulge True Names, before the Winter Solstice. After we had already given a True Name, thus sealing the contract, we were told for the first time to return the next day to pick the packages up. At the inn we went to afterward, we suffered magic that put us to sleep for three days. That is one of the cases of criminal magic that I will expound on later. Upon waking, we quickly returned to Master Myfflin to apologize for being late, only for him to try and drop our pay. Because the pickup time was only stipulated after the contract was in effect, we should have still been due the full payment of the contract as long as we delivered the packages on time. By taking True Names without compensation to ward his packages and then reneging on the contract, he has effectively stolen the True Names given."

Alkanar again waits, to make sure the report is fully recorded, before continuing. "I will start with the second criminal incident first since it directly pertains to the prior report. After making the acquaintance of my companions here, we followed up on a lead about a job with the aforementioned Alchemist Myfflin. After meeting with him and settling the terms for the job, we rented a room at The Pickled Pegasus in the Market District. But soon after entering our room, we were awoken by the knocking of one of the staff on our door this morning, three days later. None of us were suffering from what would have been the obvious side effects of being subjected to a drug strong enough to knock us out for that long. Nor can I think of any way it could have been administered, we had not consumed anything recently. So the most likely cause was magic. Additionally, when I was asking around about it I did not overhear any other complaints about a similar situation, my people have a better sense of hearing than most. So it is most likely that we were the targets, not unfortunate bystanders. And the only reason we can think of for that is the job we took with Master Myfflin."

After the second report has been filled, Alkanar addresses the last one. "Let's see, the first criminal incident was four days ago now. After leaving a meeting with a potential client in the Sea District, a local merchant named... What was it again? Oh, right. A local merchant named Covery. I was ambushed by over half a dozen thugs. A dagger that returned to its owner's hand was used to kill an Ogre by the name of Bonk that tried to come to my aid, and I was subsequently subjected to sleeping magic. I probably survived with only an arrow wound and a stolen coin purse due to the timely arrival of some city guards. Though, if I might add, they seemed more interested in antagonizing me than reporting a rogue mage."
User avatar
Ya-Blik
Dimension Master
Posts: 225
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:56 am
Location: PFRPG GM & DM

Re: Delivery? No it's Digiorro

Post by Ya-Blik »

Date: 21 September, 345
Time: 1045
Environment: Clear Skies
Location: (High District) Brotherhood of Magic




Alkanar examines the armaments of Alwin and Goram (from afar) trying to discern their nature, he determines the bow is enchanted but is unsure of the giant sword, nor the nature of the Bow’s enchantment(s).

The Wolfen approaches a heavyset senior-looking (bald) fellow at a counter a short distance from the registration line to begin registering a litany of complaints about the indignities he has suffered since arrival, "Greetings, my name is Alkanar, I just registered with the Brotherhood as a Diabolist three.. no five days ago. My companions and I would like to report the unsavory conduct of the Alchemist Myfflin of Myfflin's Mystic Marvels. And two cases involving criminal magic.” The mage’s impassive face cocks an eyebrow at Alkanar, “Is it your impression that the Brotherhood of Magic is some kind of complaints department? Or that we are a division of the City’s Watch?? … Fine fine, you are not from Llorn, maybe I can point you the right way.”

Alkanar begins irately, “Firstly, the Alchemist Myfflin reneged on an established contract. We meet with Master Myfflin about a job three days ago. At that time we were contracted to deliver some warded packages, which required us to divulge True Names, before the Winter Solstice. After we had already given a True Name, thus sealing the contract, we were told for the first time to return the next day to pick the packages up. At the inn we went to afterward, we suffered magic that put us to sleep for three days. That is one of the cases of criminal magic that I will expound on later. Upon waking, we quickly returned to Master Myfflin to apologize for being late, only for him to try and drop our pay. Because the pickup time was only stipulated after the contract was in effect, we should have still been due the full payment of the contract as long as we delivered the packages on time. By taking True Names without compensation to ward his packages and then reneging on the contract, he has effectively stolen the True Names given."

The mage at the counter cocks an eyebrow, “I know Myfflin, he’s been a member since my father’s father, and probably before. What I’m hearing is that you disagree with Myfflin’s focus on a point in the contract that you regard as immaterial, but he did not, and now you are accusing him of stealing True Names that you willingly provided. A hefty accusation. I suppose I could forward this complaint for potential reprimand, you will remain in the City for a minimum of 10 days so that the accused can register a response and any counter-charges?? Where will you be? Do you have a copy of the Contract that provides that once a True Name was given all terms were firm?” The Diabolist does not see any kind of written report being filled out, but when the location is sought, the mage picks up a pen.

After Alkanar responds he continues, "I will start with the second criminal incident first since it directly pertains to the prior report. After making the acquaintance of my companions here, we followed up on a lead about a job with the aforementioned Alchemist Myfflin. After meeting with him and settling the terms for the job, we rented a room at The Pickled Pegasus in the Market District. But soon after entering our room, we were awoken by the knocking of one of the staff on our door this morning, three days later. None of us were suffering from what would have been the obvious side effects of being subjected to a drug strong enough to knock us out for that long. Nor can I think of any way it could have been administered, we had not consumed anything recently. So the most likely cause was magic. Additionally, when I was asking around about it I did not overhear any other complaints about a similar situation, my people have a better sense of hearing than most. So it is most likely that we were the targets, not unfortunate bystanders. And the only reason we can think of for that is the job we took with Master Myfflin."

Impassively the mage responds though his voice betrays some exasperation, “So, first again this is not the City Watch’s Magic Division, we are the Brotherhood of Magic. We are not a random complaint department for things you think might have happened based on speculation and conjecture. What it sounds like, is that you went to an Inn for a few days, don’t recall what happened, and are really interested in making sure your excuses are on record somewhere … That is not here. You have not indicated anyone who cast a spell or other enchantment on you. You believe it was likely because you didn’t hear of anything else.”

Alkanar then opts to expound on his belief, "Let's see, the first criminal incident was four days ago now. After leaving a meeting with a potential client in the Sea District, a local merchant named... What was it again? Oh, right. A local merchant named Covery. I was ambushed by over half a dozen thugs. A dagger that returned to its owner's hand was used to kill an Ogre by the name of Bonk that tried to come to my aid, and I was subsequently subjected to sleeping magic. I probably survived with only an arrow wound and a stolen coin purse due to the timely arrival of some city guards. Though, if I might add, they seemed more interested in antagonizing me than reporting a rogue mage."

The Mage’s look of derision is almost palpable, “So, the Brotherhood of Magic does not investigate all magic, use of magic, or magic related complaints within this City. What do you expect us to do about a complaint that ‘someone’ put you to sleep down by the docks almost a week ago??? Did you report it to the Authorities of the Sea District at the time? That was your recourse. We are a guild. Are you here to hire someone to look into your apparent inevitable tendency to fall prey to a sleep spell that literally every Wizard learns? … the Cloud of Slumber is a Common Knowledge spell, it is broadly known by Wizards, Mystics, Warlocks, a good number of priests, failed apprentices … This coupled apparently with yet an additional complaint about the attitudes of the Guards ... It seems like you might just be here to whine. Or are you here to get a charm or enchantment to prevent you from falling asleep all the time??? … For that I would send you back down to the Market District to an Alchemist.”

OOC: A successful roll for Lore: Magic (General Knowledge) will tell you the 6 Common Knowledge Spells a Wizard apprentice learns (PFRPG Pg 106), and that ALL wizards begin with these six spells, and that it is said that with these six spells and determination the secrets of greater magic are attainable. A 2nd roll (at -10%) will confirm that Mystics, Priests, some Warlocks (depending on element), and Witches likewise have access to the Cloud of Slumber spell.

The mage's countenance shifts slightly, "Even if you wanted to hire someone to check into this, what would they do? One cannot exactly chase down every full-blown Wizard in the City down and ask them if they were in the Sea District 5 nights ago and saw a Wolfen being attacked or falling asleep. Let alone all the failed students, warlocks and others who could have cast such a spell. It would be like demanding the Guard bring an investigation into every use of telepathy without express prior consent ... and there is an argument for it, but sometimes, it's just that your wife knows you are lying, not that she's reading your thoughts. You can bring it to the guards, but the Brotherhood is not a guarantor of the safety of everyone withing Llorn's walls."



Butcher's Bill:
Alkanar:
Azure: -2 SDC, -16 ISP
Ramsis:
Silhouette: -18 PPE
Alwin:
Goram:


What are you doing?
--- Palladium Fantasy DM ---
User avatar
Goram
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:40 am

Re: Delivery? No it's Digiorro

Post by Goram »

Perception(21%) - # 38 - Details:[d100 # (38)]
JIC - # 7,12 - Details:[1d100;1d20 # (7 12)]
Ya-Blik wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 12:01 pm Date: 21 September, 345
Time: 1040
Environment: Clear Skies
Location: Transitional --- (Market) Myfflin's Mystic Marvels – (High District) Brotherhood of Magic

Ya-Blik wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 12:01 pm Silhouette then advises Alkanar to to provide what he told Alwin and Goram to the Brotherhood,“The same you said is what you should tell the Brotherhood. As well the ambushing and the sleep at the Inn on the rest of us. Magic attacks I’m told are not ignored here.” Alkanar, Silhouette, and Azure enter and stand (not in line) in what is effectively a lobby/entry rather significantly larger than one would expect from a casual examination of the Tower from the outside.
Their fixation on this perceived slight against them is becoming unhealthy. You are correct Goram, for some, things that are deemed unjust by their personal moral construct, can drive them to fight as if they are righting the entire world. In the millenia I have existed too many have made these tings the proverbial and sometimes literal hill to die on. Lower sentients are very intriguing in this regard.


Ya-Blik wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 12:01 pm Entering the Brotherhood of Magic, Alwin (and Goram) finds a small line of other apparent newcomers to the city queuing up to register with a scribe(?) at a counter with a large ledge-looking book in front of him. They get in line and after a few minutes reaches the front, "Good sir, I have a strong feeling I may be frequenting Llorn more than I originally thought. Can you tell me more of the benefits of membership?"

The scribe clears his throat then gives what seems like a very very often-repeated speech by rote:
A Canned Speech wrote:“Llorn’s Brotherhood is well known throughout the Eastern Territory, we have libraries, vaults for storage of member valuables (for a fee), offices, and training rooms (places where members can practice offensive spells). To be accepted into the Brotherhood of Magic, one must pass a series of tests designed to prove the individual's mastery of their chosen craft. The tests are overseen by two or more similar practitioners (Wizards test Wizards, Diabolists test Diabolists, etc.). Once the tests are passed, all that remains is for the new member to pay their Membership Fee (2,500 gold), and swear an oath to the Gods of Light to obey the rules of the guild, to obey the Grand Master of the Brotherhood and to obey and serve the ruler of Llorn. Thereafter, members are required to pay a 3000 gold due annually. Members of the Brotherhood are expected to perform services for the city. The individual is paid for their services, and payment varies depending on the length of service and what is required, but typically ranges from 1,800 to 6,000 gold per month or fraction thereof. Membership will mean that you do not have to come up and register each time you enter the city, nor pay the 500 gold each time you enter the city ... ”
OOC: There are also additional benefits on pages 100-103 of Palladium Fantasy RPG® 2nd Ed.
He turns to Alwin, "Lots of opportunity for revenue and you spare yourself the nuisance of registration. That is an excellent deal my friend." He then turns to the scribe, "You mentioned practitioners of magic join this guild, are there any similar organizations for the more martially oriented? I could always use a source for future employment." If you showed them me, they may let you join. No my friend I feel too many coveting eyes on you as is. No need to add a guild of the magically inclined to that list. We can still tag along on adventures with Alwin and maybe get a cut of his earnings, or loot the bodies of those stupid enough to try and stop his work.
User avatar
Alwin
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:54 am

Re: Delivery? No it's Digiorro

Post by Alwin »

Perception Bonus: 31% (3%) vs 1d100 - 13
JIC: 1d100 - 21 , 1d20 – 14
*Rolls logged in Discord pfrpg-dice

Outside of the tower before entering.
Alkanar wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:04 pm When Alwin and Goram do reach the Brotherhood. He will approach them before they enter. "I hope you two are not going to take that job with the Alchemist. But if you are, I feel should I warn you about how truly crooked he was acting. So you can protect yourselves." He pauses for a beat to make sure he has their attention. "Our contract was to deliver the packages, which required us to give True Names, for 160,000 gold. We were not told of when to pick them up until after he had a True Name, therefore the contract was already in effect. In light of that, our being late had no factor as long as we were still able to deliver the packages on time. Yet he still tried to lower our pay. He has proven himself to be an untrustworthy employer. I would seriously advise reconsidering that job, you may not get the pay promised. This is the largest city in the Eastern Territories, it should not be hard for anyone that looks as capable as you two to find more trustworthy employment." Alkanar pauses to think for a moment. "In fact, maybe we should all look together when we are done here. More eyes find things faster."


Alwin’s face is noticeably different than it was in the Alchemist’s shop. Alkanar will notice his brows are lower, the smile is gone and there seems to be little emotion. He looks the wolfen in the eyes, ”If” The elf pauses, ”You are indeed telling the truth, then it is troubling to hear such events have taken place. I am keenly aware though that not all contracts are treated the same. Some see a difference in treatment as unfair while others might see it as completely fair. I have not had the same experience with the Alchemist. He raised our rates after you left. But, I will be watchful.” Alwin breathes slowly and seems to appraise the wolfen, What are his motives? Why would he care about my contract? Is he still trying to negotiate? Maybe he wants Goram and I to walk away so he will have more leverage.

Silhouette wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 1:53 pm Silhouette nods along finding no disagreement to be voiced as Alkanar speaks to Alwin and Goram. A rarity for her. After a time, she offers a question to investigate the giant and elf as she introduces herself to them,”The name’s Silhouette…” She pauses with the intention of hearing Alwin and Goram speak before continuing,”You two have any skill at finding people?” Laughing she pokes at Goram,”Except when you’re not looking down on a milling crowd for a pick-sock?” Silhouette turns her eyes to Alwin,”That is a very unusual…brass thing on your back?” With the same sweeping look Silhouette eyes Goram too,”The both of you have strange weapons.”


”My name is Alwin, human. It seems you have gained some level of respect from your companions. You spoke for them in the shop.” Alwin’s eyes close slightly tighter as Silhouette mentions his bow, ”Strange to you maybe.” Puzzled by the groups concern over his dealing and his belongings he ponders, Such concern for other’s belongings. Usually a sign they may try to steel them. We will have to be weary of them on the road, unless… maybe we can keep them in view the whole time.

Looking toward the wolfen and human Alwin continues, ”I have business inside I must attend to, After that, I intend to keep my word with he alchemist. If your trio is still heading east and is looking for a travelling group, you are welcome to join us, but know, I have no intentions of sharing my pay.” Will be easier to keep an eye on them if we are together.

Inside the tower before entering.
Ya-Blik wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 12:01 pm The scribe clears his throat then gives what seems like a very very often-repeated speech by rote:
Alwin smiles at the scribe, ”You have rehearsed that speech. May I ask, If one was more interested in the registration, not so much the library or training. Would there be an option for that?” after the briefest of pauses he continues, ”The oaths are not an issue, I am sure providing service to the city will not be an issue either. It is only, I have no interest in expanding my magical knowledge. I only wish to avoid any tiresome need of registering each time I come and go from the city.” Alwin nods as if the scribe understands what he is asking.
Goram wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 2:44 pm He turns to Alwin, "Lots of opportunity for revenue and you spare yourself the nuisance of registration. That is an excellent deal my friend."
Alwin turns to Goram, ”Indeed, and with a low cost of swearing fealty to the brotherhood and the city, It is in deed a good deal.” Turning back to the scribe, ”I can present my abilities if it is required, I would not be seeking to learn new magics in the future.”
User avatar
Ya-Blik
Dimension Master
Posts: 225
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:56 am
Location: PFRPG GM & DM

Re: Delivery? No it's Digiorro

Post by Ya-Blik »

Date: 21 September, 345
Time: 1045
Environment: Clear Skies
Location: (High District) Brotherhood of Magic




Alwin feels the sidelong glances of many folks as the massive figure of Goram offers an evaluation of joining the Brotherhood then poses a query of his own, "Lots of opportunity for revenue and you spare yourself the nuisance of registration. That is an excellent deal my friend ... You mentioned practitioners of magic join this guild, are there any similar organizations for the more martially oriented? I could always use a source for future employment."

The clerk at the counter offers, "Our Brotherhood of Magic is open to Wizards, Diabolists, Alchemists and Summoners of both sexes and most races, for instance I do not believe we have ever had a Titan, but we had a Centaur a few decades back. The Brotherhood of Llorn is an official organization of the city and is subject to regulation but free of taxation ... Llorn's Red Brigade is the "premier" trainer and exporter of mercenaries in the Eastern Territory and is so successful that it has become the benchmark by which all others in the Domain of Man judge their own militia and armies, enlistment there is a possibility if that is your desire. I have a nephew who is in his first 6-year enlistment ... Llorn fields the Earthshakers regiment made up of hundreds of non-humans. Alternatively, I believe there is an enterprise known as 'The Swordsmen Agency' [Pg101] that provides security both within and outside Llorn, and many merchants go to there to hire caravan guards or for sell-swords to find work accompanying expeditions into the Disputed Lands, Shattered Mountains, Old Kingdom, that type of thing for a commission percentage."

Alwin smiles at the scribe, "You have rehearsed that speech. May I ask, If one was more interested in the registration, not so much the library or training. Would there be an option for that? The oaths are not an issue, I am sure providing service to the city will not be an issue either. It is only, I have no interest in expanding my magical knowledge. I only wish to avoid any tiresome need of registering each time I come and go from the city.”

With a nod the scribe turns and waves what initially looked like wood-carved humanoid from the corner that is not-quite Alwin's height that walks over, its eyes glittering emeralds, "Seydu? ... Come here ... Get me the Annual list ledger." The creature then walks off into a back room while the clerk returns his focus to you, "I suppose the answer to your question is, sort-of, there is an Annual registration for 2,000 gold, it requires the same oath to the Gods of Light and to obey and serve the ruler of Llorn. There is no oath to obey the rules of the Brotherhood, or the Grand Master's orders ... this does not relieve you of the need to come up and check in when you arrive in the City, it just means there's no cost as long as you have paid within the year. This would not grant access to amenities of the Brotherhood, it just removes the registration cost and is more cost-efficient if you plan on entering Llorn more than 4 times in a year ..."


OOC: A Lore: Magic roll @ -15% will identify Seydu as a Magic Manikin [MoM Pg 88]


Butcher's Bill:
Alkanar:
Azure: -2 SDC, -16 ISP
Ramsis: ------ WARNING!! PLEASE SEE HERE
Silhouette: -18 PPE
Alwin:
Goram:


What are you doing?
--- Palladium Fantasy DM ---
User avatar
Alwin
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:54 am

Re: Delivery? No it's Digiorro

Post by Alwin »

Perception Bonus: 31% (3%) vs 1d100 - 22
JIC: 1d100 - 54 , 1d20 – 1
*Rolls logged in Discord pfrpg-dice

Skills
Recognize magic (1d100) - 80 - FAIL

Alwin nods acceptingly as the scribe describes the annual registration. He looks down at his coin purse and sighs. "A reasonable solution indeed. I will take you up on that offer, once my purse is capable. For now, I am paid in full for this visit and I will need to pick up some travelling items. Let's get the current items out of the way and handle the annual when I get back." Alwin considers the cost, Doesn't make sense today... I will be gone for a good amount of time. Maybe I should just register when here. Alwin nods his head and thanks the scribe while filling out any papers needed. After the necessities are completed, he will ask, "Can you suggest a proper place for me to purchase some dried meats and fruits for my trip?"
User avatar
Goram
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:40 am

Re: Delivery? No it's Digiorro

Post by Goram »

Ya-Blik wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 10:40 am Date: 21 September, 345
Time: 1045
Environment: Clear Skies
Location: (High District) Brotherhood of Magic




Alwin feels the sidelong glances of many folks as the massive figure of Goram offers an evaluation of joining the Brotherhood then poses a query of his own, "Lots of opportunity for revenue and you spare yourself the nuisance of registration. That is an excellent deal my friend ... You mentioned practitioners of magic join this guild, are there any similar organizations for the more martially oriented? I could always use a source for future employment."

The clerk at the counter offers, "Our Brotherhood of Magic is open to Wizards, Diabolists, Alchemists and Summoners of both sexes and most races, for instance I do not believe we have ever had a Titan, but we had a Centaur a few decades back. The Brotherhood of Llorn is an official organization of the city and is subject to regulation but free of taxation ... Llorn's Red Brigade is the "premier" trainer and exporter of mercenaries in the Eastern Territory and is so successful that it has become the benchmark by which all others in the Domain of Man judge their own militia and armies, enlistment there is a possibility if that is your desire. I have a nephew who is in his first 6-year enlistment ... Llorn fields the Earthshakers regiment made up of hundreds of non-humans. Alternatively, I believe there is an enterprise known as 'The Swordsmen Agency' [Pg101] that provides security both within and outside Llorn, and many merchants go to there to hire caravan guards or for sell-swords to find work accompanying expeditions into the Disputed Lands, Shattered Mountains, Old Kingdom, that type of thing for a commission percentage."

Alwin smiles at the scribe, "You have rehearsed that speech. May I ask, If one was more interested in the registration, not so much the library or training. Would there be an option for that? The oaths are not an issue, I am sure providing service to the city will not be an issue either. It is only, I have no interest in expanding my magical knowledge. I only wish to avoid any tiresome need of registering each time I come and go from the city.”

With a nod the scribe turns and waves what initially looked like wood-carved humanoid from the corner that is not-quite Alwin's height that walks over, its eyes glittering emeralds, "Seydu? ... Come here ... Get me the Annual list ledger." The creature then walks off into a back room while the clerk returns his focus to you, "I suppose the answer to your question is, sort-of, there is an Annual registration for 2,000 gold, it requires the same oath to the Gods of Light and to obey and serve the ruler of Llorn. There is no oath to obey the rules of the Brotherhood, or the Grand Master's orders ... this does not relieve you of the need to come up and check in when you arrive in the City, it just means there's no cost as long as you have paid within the year. This would not grant access to amenities of the Brotherhood, it just removes the registration cost and is more cost-efficient if you plan on entering Llorn more than 4 times in a year ..."


OOC: A Lore: Magic roll @ -15% will identify Seydu as a Magic Manikin [MoM Pg 88]


Butcher's Bill:
Alkanar:
Azure: -2 SDC, -16 ISP
Ramsis: ------ WARNING!! PLEASE SEE HERE
Silhouette: -18 PPE
Alwin:
Goram:


What are you doing?
User avatar
Goram
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:40 am

Re: Delivery? No it's Digiorro

Post by Goram »

Perception 21%: d100: [6] = 6
JIC: d20: [17] = 17 , d100: [13] = 13
Ya-Blik wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 10:40 am Date: 21 September, 345
Time: 1045
Environment: Clear Skies
Location: (High District) Brotherhood of Magic


The clerk at the counter offers, "Our Brotherhood of Magic is open to Wizards, Diabolists, Alchemists and Summoners of both sexes and most races, for instance I do not believe we have ever had a Titan, but we had a Centaur a few decades back. The Brotherhood of Llorn is an official organization of the city and is subject to regulation but free of taxation ... Llorn's Red Brigade is the "premier" trainer and exporter of mercenaries in the Eastern Territory and is so successful that it has become the benchmark by which all others in the Domain of Man judge their own militia and armies, enlistment there is a possibility if that is your desire. I have a nephew who is in his first 6-year enlistment ... Llorn fields the Earthshakers regiment made up of hundreds of non-humans. Alternatively, I believe there is an enterprise known as 'The Swordsmen Agency' [Pg101] that provides security both within and outside Llorn, and many merchants go to there to hire caravan guards or for sell-swords to find work accompanying expeditions into the Disputed Lands, Shattered Mountains, Old Kingdom, that type of thing for a commission percentage."
"I appreciate the info my Brotherhood friend. Alwin when we return, I will register with this Swordsman Agency. We would have an additional organization from which we can garner employment. More opportunities for employment will help us keep our bellies full." This representative of this organization is most helpful, and far more cordial than that Digiorro character. I wonder if he is a member? Probably, he was well trained in magic.

He awaits Alwin to conclude business.
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 430
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm

Re: Delivery? No it's Digiorro

Post by Silhouette »

JIC: 1d100: [5] = 5 1d20: [16] = 16
Perc: 68% / 1d100: [20] = 20

Alwin wrote:”My name is Alwin, human. It seems you have gained some level of respect from your companions. You spoke for them in the shop.” Alwin’s eyes close slightly tighter as Silhouette mentions his bow, ”Strange to you maybe.” Puzzled by the groups concern over his dealing and his belongings he ponders, Such concern for other’s belongings. Usually a sign they may try to steel them. We will have to be weary of them on the road, unless… maybe we can keep them in view the whole time.

Looking toward the wolfen and human Alwin continues, ”I have business inside I must attend to, After that, I intend to keep my word with he alchemist. If your trio is still heading east and is looking for a travelling group, you are welcome to join us, but know, I have no intentions of sharing my pay.” Will be easier to keep an eye on them if we are together.

Inside the tower before entering.
Silhouette laughs at the claim of respect,"Get to know me first!" Silhouette shakes her head,"I had a prior desire to go further east and the alchemist was a job intending to make that happen which lends to others looking to me. That was before complications and well, you know the rest. Charting a new path now."

Silhouette smiles and tamps her hands facing down calmingly,"I meant to start a conversation on your means. I come from Yin-Sloth, strange is all everyone ever sees just as Llorn reflects the same for me. And like I did when arriving to Llorn with a bow on my back to register at the Tower, you are as well." Silhouette waves a hand,"Bows are unusual inside Llorn, not unique but one on a mage's back who usually rely on bowing their enemies before them with spells is." Silhouette shrugs noncommittally choosing to be blunt in turn,"I'm trying to see past your mouth's running loose barely having met us at the Alchemist to decide as to if you're worth working with down the road." Silhouette considers,"If these two continue to act like an oroborass with mouths firmly attached to anuses I'll have to insist we part ways." Silhouette gestures at the bow again,"So that is an interesting bow you have there, why does it look like that?"


[After Entering the Tower]
Clerk wrote:I suppose I could forward this complaint for potential reprimand, you will remain in the City for a minimum of 10 days so that the accused can register a response and any counter-charges?? Where will you be? Do you have a copy of the Contract that provides that once a True Name was given all terms were firm?” The Diabolist does not see any kind of written report being filled out, but when the location is sought, the mage picks up a pen.
Impassively the mage responds though his voice betrays some exasperation, “So, first again this is not the City Watch’s Magic Division…You have not indicated anyone who cast a spell or other enchantment on you. You believe it was likely because you didn’t hear of anything else.”

Silhouette speaks up at the mention of a contract,”The agreement is up here.” Invoke Trust 70% / 1d100: [55] = 55 Tapping her head she continues,”I am registered for psychic use and can recall the agreement made at the time with all detail. I can also with a spell give the memory to someone to recount as well, better than talking about it, should that be enough? A document can be forged, a memory is forever… Until I die, I guess.“After a moment Silhouette ponders aloud to ask the Clerk,”What is a counter-charge?” Adding to the question she inquires, “Does the subject of the broken deal, the delivery we agreed to make get held for a minimum of 10 days as well? After all it is my professional pride to complete a deal made at the agreed pay, even with the delay tightening our means to deliver.”
Silhouette tilts her head sidelong at the clerk while she leans against the counter making her leathers creak with the strain as she drums her fingers in thought. Silhouette follows the Clerk’s line of thought about reporting the attack to the authorities as she recalls what the wolfen said to her while confirming with a look toward Alkanar,”The guard did show up. Saw him bloodied and stabbed with his coin purse stolen. And the dead ogre that came to his aid." Silhouette holds her tongue and thinks instead with her sarcasm,"How much more is a visitor of this fine city to do?” Silhouette then heel turns and puts up her hands as she says,”Hey, fine, let us presume that issue to be resolved by seeing what the authorities of the Sea District have found.” Silhouette nods her head at the wolfen to indicate that seems resolved as a question for now.

Slapping her palm’s down with a mild thump on the flat of the counter Silhouette states with an effort at graciousness she did not feel as she says,”Thank you for educating the non-locals on where to go. This City Watch’s Magic Division? Since we had our down the stairs tumbling trip begin in the Merchant’s District, does each section of the city have their own or just one place to send the quill scratch of complainers like us to be burned for warmth?”


Clerk wrote:The mage's countenance shifts slightly, "Even if you wanted to hire someone to check into this, what would they do? One cannot exactly chase down every full-blown Wizard in the City down and ask them if they were in the Sea District 5 nights ago and saw a Wolfen being attacked or falling asleep. Let alone all the failed students, warlocks and others who could have cast such a spell. It would be like demanding the Guard bring an investigation into every use of telepathy without express prior consent ... and there is an argument for it, but sometimes, it's just that your wife knows you are lying, not that she's reading your thoughts. You can bring it to the guards, but the Brotherhood is not a guarantor of the safety of everyone withing Llorn's walls."
Silhouette laughs jovially as she reaches out and tries to play punch Alwin’s arm,"Ah, the old, if everyone has a spoon who could possibly keep them from gouging people’s eyes out?” Silhouette slaps her hands together,"Probably why they take everyone's weapons at the gate who doesn't pay, can't be using the fee to investigate anyone cutting everyone else with it." Silhouette looks at the Clerk with a pensive look as she puts her thumb to her chin,"So none of the Membership fee or the fee of mages and psychics goes towards enforcing responsible use." Silhouette gives her companions a knowing look at that realization as she thinks,"Do they collect a tax on the dangerous implements yet employ none of it toward governing it as would be sensible?"

Clerk wrote:The clerk at the counter offers, "Our Brotherhood of Magic is open to Wizards, Diabolists, Alchemists and Summoners of both sexes and most races, for instance I do not believe we have ever had a Titan, but we had a Centaur a few decades back.
Silhouette jests half-heartedly and says,”Alkanar, you should join then they might take our claim a touch more seriously?”
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 172/172 | I.S.P.: 59/59 | H.P.: 47/47 | S.D.C.:65/65
Conditions:Sixth Sense, Recognize various magics(see O.O.C. special abilities)
Armor: Studded Leather (AR13 / 38/38 SDC (-5% mobility)
Weapon: In-Hand: Bow. On person: Silver dagger & two dwarven daggers in sheath at belt, 2x throwing inside wrist armor/2x throwing in boots & 36 arrows on back.
Image
User avatar
Ya-Blik
Dimension Master
Posts: 225
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:56 am
Location: PFRPG GM & DM

Re: Delivery? No it's Digiorro

Post by Ya-Blik »

Date: 21 September, 345
Time: 1050
Environment: Clear Skies
Location: (High District) Brotherhood of Magic




The wooden humanoid returns with a ledger-book as Alwin responds to the Clerk indicating he cannot currently pay the annual registration but would like to do so in the future and inquires about mundane purchases. The clerk at responds, "Alright well, if you do not need to do an annual registration, my line is backing up behind you ... purchases of foodstuff are probably either in the Bazaar or on the road as you go, depending on your route. Good luck." He then shuffles you off because there are indeed now more folks in line as Goram notes that he would like to join the Swordsmen's Agency upon their return to Llorn.

The others who came up from Myfflins seem to be complaining at a desk a short (20') distance away. You can wait for them, exit and try not to be associated with them, or some other option of your choosing.


================================

Meanwhile at another counter across the entrance-room Alkanar and Silhouette are having a discussion with the a different Clerk,

Silhouette interjects that there is no written contract but she has a clear memory of the discussion and that she believes her registration with Llorn as a psychic should carry some special weight,"I am registered for psychic use and can recall the agreement made at the time with all detail. I can also with a spell give the memory to someone to recount as well, better than talking about it, should that be enough? A document can be forged, a memory is forever… Until I die, I guess ... What is a counter-charge? ... Does the subject of the broken deal, the delivery we agreed to make get held for a minimum of 10 days as well? After all it is my professional pride to complete a deal made at the agreed pay, even with the delay tightening our means to deliver.”

The clerk looks from Alkanar over to Silhouette with a bemused look, "Very well, so you have no written contract and you want to cast a spell that permits you to implant information into one of our staff? ... I think not. If you would care to you may have your memory scanned by a Mind Mage to establish a basis for your claim? ... Have a seat over there, someone will be with you shortly."

Silhouette proceeds to sit in the seat indicated (about 10' away) and a short time later sees a woman in a green robe approach the same clerk before being directed (pointed) at the Southern Mage. The woman approaches Silhouette who places a hand on the Mage's forehead and asks Silhouette to show the memory at issue. The Foresaken Mage directs her memory to a very Specific Memory (specified by player's post, -2 ISP for Total Recall).

After a few minutes, the woman removes her hand with a wry smile, "Child, while your memory of meeting the Wolfen over there at the Tipsy Tusker is ... interesting enough, it does not establish anything about the events he describes other than that you remember him telling you, and it certainly does not support the charge you seek to levy at a member of the Brotherhood with significant seniority. Further, according to your own memories, you were told by Myfflin to return the following day ... and by your own admission you did not do so. For the record, in the event that a formal investigation for reprimand were pursued, then Myfflin would be able to enter his own side of the story and register argument against any future prospective application or membership being contemplated. That is what was referenced by a counter-charge. Did you think that you could come in and levy charges without any potential for repercussion? That seems kind of naive ... " The woman turns and approaches the Desk, shakes her head at the Clerk, then heads down a hallway.

Upon reflection Silhouette recalls the last words of Myfflin before they left several days ago ...
Ya-Blik wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:56 pm "... A mute Ogre, teenage human girl, a Wolfen, and a Dwarven priest. A bit of a motley crew. You don't even have that first dwarf that came as one of the Merchant Guild Collectors ... But I suppose. Come on back tomorrow morning and you can pick up the Crates. They need to be at their destination, Adriana in the White Rock Mountains before the Winter Solstice. When ... Durak came in here earlier I told him it was not a job for a single man. This is valuable cargo, your caution is fine up until it isn't." then turns and heads into a back room of sorts.


She does not have any recollection of there being an alternate date option, or that it was that morning earliest but sometime after would also be fine.

Silhouette rises to return to the Counter to address the Clerk's handling of Alkanar's next complaint regarding the Guards at the waterfront,"... Thank you for educating the non-locals on where to go. This City Watch’s Magic Division? Since we had our down the stairs tumbling trip begin in the Merchant’s District, does each section of the city have their own or just one place to send the quill scratch of complainers like us to be burned for warmth? ... Ah, the old, if everyone has a spoon who could possibly keep them from gouging people’s eyes out? ... Probably why they take everyone's weapons at the gate who doesn't pay, can't be using the fee to investigate anyone cutting everyone else with it." Silhouette looks at the Clerk with a pensive look as she puts her thumb to her chin,"So none of the Membership fee or the fee of mages and psychics goes towards enforcing responsible use."

The clerk slaps a hand down on the counter forcefully and a series of apparently decorative suits of armor step down off their stands in unison, "Child, you have been presumptuous and petulant from the moment of stepping through our doorway. Your entitlement and ego are out of control. First, I will go ahead and point out that being registered as a psychic does not give any kind of warranty to one's memory, there are psychic healers and psychics with telekinesis, exorcism, the ability to read others' minds, the ability to foretell the future, all sorts of psychic capacities that do not bolster or impact one's memory. Thus being psychic is not on its own lend any indication to your memory. Second, there are both magic spells and psychic powers which can affect the memory inserting or altering memories, causing amnesia, wiping a mind entirely ... so your fondness for exaggeration seems misplaced. Third, your own memories have confirmed that your 'Friends' primary complaint was apparently fabricated and you are wasting my damn time ... " his voice is escalating at this point, "... So you people can get the hell out before I have you removed."

*** A successful Lore: Psychics & Psionics roll confirms several prospective powers will affect the mind and memory.

Azure observes the whole interaction between Alkanar, Silhouette, and the Clerk mutely. The Wolfen-Southerner-Ogre trio observe that the apparently empty armor suits are now walking toward your general locale.



Butcher's Bill:
Alkanar:
Azure: -2 SDC, -16 ISP
Ramsis: ------ WARNING#2!! PLEASE SEE HERE --- You committed to posting by 01/05/2023 latest and have not. This is a Final warning.
Silhouette: -18 PPE, -2 ISP
Alwin:
Goram:


What are you doing?
--- Palladium Fantasy DM ---
User avatar
Alwin
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:54 am

Re: Delivery? No it's Digiorro

Post by Alwin »

Perception Bonus: 31% (3%) vs 1d100: [97] = 97
JIC: 1d100 - 1d100: [42] = 42 , 1d20 – 1d20: [5] = 5

Alwin sees the trio at the desk, Dammit to hell. What is her problem? Humans, so entitled. They believe the world owes them everything. Alwin makes his way to where they are and interposes himself between the approaching armor and the girl. Looking her directly in the eyes he says, "It is time to go! This is not the way." Alwin turns away from her and hold his hand up and open for the clerk to see, "My associate here is just tired. It has been a long morning and she has not eaten. She tends to get a little grumpy when she doesn't eat. No need to fuss, we are all on our way." Turning back to Silhouette he adds, "Right?"

Alwin leans in an and whispers, "I understand your frustration. You feel wronged in some way. There are better ways to seek justice and involving authorities has never been my choice of ways to get it. You mentioned a need to go south. Suck up your ego and use the job as a means to end. Take it for what it is worth." Alwin turns back to the desk, "Thank you for time today sir."

Alwin will turn and start to walkout of the building wondering to himself, why would I do that? What do I care if they kill all three of them? Alwin shakes his head at the stupidity of his own actions and getting involved when he could have walked away clean. You have learned this lesson before Alwin, you promised yourself not to learn lessons twice.

Alwin will waiting outside the tower briefly to see if the trio comes out.
User avatar
Goram
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:40 am

Re: Delivery? No it's Digiorro

Post by Goram »

Perception 21%: d100: [13] = 13
JIC: d100: [46] = 46 , d20: [2] = 2
Alwin wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:15 am Looking her directly in the eyes he says, "It is time to go! This is not the way." Alwin turns away from her and hold his hand up and open for the clerk to see, "My associate here is just tired. It has been a long morning and she has not eaten. She tends to get a little grumpy when she doesn't eat. No need to fuss, we are all on our way." Turning back to Silhouette he adds, "Right?"
Why have they chosen to die on this hill? It is such an odd choice. I do not know my friend. They are new to this town, and they have muddied their name with a respected merchant in the community. They are now in the process ostracizing themselves from the most powerful guild of magic users in Llorn. It is like they are trying their level best to be pariahs. Very odd. Goram whispers to them out of the side of his mouth. "Listen to Alwin little ones. He is wise in the way of dealings with authority."
Alwin wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:15 am Alwin leans in an and whispers, "I understand your frustration. You feel wronged in some way. There are better ways to seek justice and involving authorities has never been my choice of ways to get it. You mentioned a need to go south. Suck up your ego and use the job as a means to end. Take it for what it is worth." Alwin turns back to the desk, "Thank you for time today sir."
Goram nods his head in respect to the Brotherhood representative. "Yes, thank you for your assistance. Have a good day sir."

Goram stands behind Alwin also waiting but watching his surroundings.
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 430
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm

Re: Delivery? No it's Digiorro

Post by Silhouette »

JIC: 1d100: [92] = 92 1d20: [15] = 15
Perc: 68% / 1d100: [72] = 72
Clerk wrote: The clerk slaps a hand down on the counter forcefully and a series of apparently decorative suits of armor step down off their stands in unison, "Child, you have been presumptuous and petulant from the moment of stepping through our doorway. Your entitlement and ego are out of control. First, I will go ahead and point out that being registered as a psychic does not give any kind of warranty to one's memory, there are psychic healers and psychics with telekinesis, exorcism, the ability to read others' minds, the ability to foretell the future, all sorts of psychic capacities that do not bolster or impact one's memory. Thus being psychic is not on its own lend any indication to your memory. Second, there are both magic spells and psychic powers which can affect the memory inserting or altering memories, causing amnesia, wiping a mind entirely ... so your fondness for exaggeration seems misplaced. Third, your own memories have confirmed that your 'Friends' primary complaint was apparently fabricated and you are wasting my damn time ... " his voice is escalating at this point, "... So you people can get the hell out before I have you removed."
Silhouette finds herself frowning at the clerk’s outburst as she thinks,”All I said was I am registered to use powers?” Silhouette looks to the side though and considers the argument while keeping to her composure and resists a bemused remark as she says,”In all of that Is there not a one to restore a tampered memory?" Referencing one she understands she says,"Like psychic purge?” Silhouette braces for yet another rebuke as she wipes the the counter with her hand as if soothing it from its beatings ready to retreat and start walking backwards with hands going up in surrender.

Turning her head at Alwin’s interjection she barely nods as some gears start turning at his saying,”Better ways to seek justice…” Silhouette couldn’t help but think that to be true here.

Silhouette then continues her retreat backwards and says,”I’ve helped you and kept your tower’s secrets and all I wanted was your aid in turn.” As an afterthought she says,”Oh, that wasn’t meant to be a threat.” Silhouette starts to spin on her heel with a click and tap as she heads out of the tower ahead of the empty suits as she adds,”I hope the White Kni… Ser Sincerus is doing better.” Silhouette waves languidly behind her.
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 172/172 | I.S.P.: 59/59 | H.P.: 47/47 | S.D.C.:65/65
Conditions:Sixth Sense, Recognize various magics(see O.O.C. special abilities)
Armor: Studded Leather (AR13 / 38/38 SDC (-5% mobility)
Weapon: In-Hand: Bow. On person: Silver dagger & two dwarven daggers in sheath at belt, 2x throwing inside wrist armor/2x throwing in boots & 36 arrows on back.
Image
User avatar
Alkanar
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 48
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:41 am

Re: Delivery? No it's Digiorro

Post by Alkanar »

Perception: 1d100: [59] = 59 /39%
Just in Case: 1d20: [6] = 6 ; 1d100: [22] = 22
Conditions: Nightvision - 40',
Keen as a dog's and has the same range.

Ya-Blik wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 8:08 pm The clerk slaps a hand down on the counter forcefully and a series of apparently decorative suits of armor step down off their stands in unison, "Child, you have been presumptuous and petulant from the moment of stepping through our doorway. Your entitlement and ego are out of control. First, I will go ahead and point out that being registered as a psychic does not give any kind of warranty to one's memory, there are psychic healers and psychics with telekinesis, exorcism, the ability to read others' minds, the ability to foretell the future, all sorts of psychic capacities that do not bolster or impact one's memory. Thus being psychic is not on its own lend any indication to your memory. Second, there are both magic spells and psychic powers which can affect the memory inserting or altering memories, causing amnesia, wiping a mind entirely ... so your fondness for exaggeration seems misplaced. Third, your own memories have confirmed that your 'Friends' primary complaint was apparently fabricated and you are wasting my damn time ... " his voice is escalating at this point, "... So you people can get the hell out before I have you removed."
Alwin wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:15 am Alwin makes his way to where they are and interposes himself between the approaching armor and the girl. Looking her directly in the eyes he says, "It is time to go! This is not the way." Alwin turns away from her and hold his hand up and open for the clerk to see, "My associate here is just tired. It has been a long morning and she has not eaten. She tends to get a little grumpy when she doesn't eat. No need to fuss, we are all on our way." Turning back to Silhouette he adds, "Right?"

Alwin leans in an and whispers, "I understand your frustration. You feel wronged in some way. There are better ways to seek justice and involving authorities has never been my choice of ways to get it. You mentioned a need to go south. Suck up your ego and use the job as a means to end. Take it for what it is worth." Alwin turns back to the desk, "Thank you for time today sir."
"There is some merit in what you say." Alkanar concedes to Alwin. "Anything is better than this travesty of justice." Then he mutters to himself. "And yet my people are the ones called barbarians."

When Silhouette leaves, Alkanar follows behind.
User avatar
Ya-Blik
Dimension Master
Posts: 225
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:56 am
Location: PFRPG GM & DM

Re: Delivery? No it's Digiorro

Post by Ya-Blik »

Date: 21 September, 345
Time: 1100
Environment: Clear Skies
Location: (High District) near the Brotherhood of Magic




Alwin and Goram take the short trip across the way to try and intercede before the Brotherhood's animated armors reach and escalate anything. With ongoing declarations of indignation Alkanar and Silhouette are directed outside, walked with little-fanfare past the line of new-entrants to the City all there to register as Alwin had just done. Azure walks out quietly ahead of the Elf and Troll from Myfflin's.

In fairly short order the quintet find themselves on the street a short distance (about 100 yards) down the road from the Brotherhood, though Alwin and Goram can feel the sands of time time trickling away towards their appointed departure.


OOC: Please note Ramsis has sadly been removed.



Butcher's Bill:
Alkanar:
Azure: -2 SDC, -16 ISP
Ramsis: REMOVED
Silhouette: -18 PPE, -2 ISP
Alwin:
Goram:


What are you doing?
--- Palladium Fantasy DM ---
User avatar
Alwin
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:54 am

Re: Delivery? No it's Digiorro

Post by Alwin »

Perception Bonus: 31% (3%) vs 1d100: [50] = 50
JIC: 1d100 - 1d100: [35] = 35 , 1d20 – 1d20: [5] = 5

Alwin heads to the bizarre to make some quick purchases. He will look for a butcher and order the following. THis should suffice as temporary food should we not be able to hunt or fish.

Pg 274 PFRPG
30 lbs - jerked beef - 10 gold per 2 lb, 150 gold.
5 pints good wine - 20 gold per pint, 100 gold.
10 lbs - dried vegetables - 2 gold per 2lb, 10 gold.

He will ask the keeper at the bizarre to delivery the food to the alchemists shop.

After he is done, he will head back to the Alchemists shop to see if the Alchemist can provide a couple more details.
User avatar
Goram
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:40 am

Re: Delivery? No it's Digiorro

Post by Goram »

Alwin wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:16 am Alwin heads to the bizarre to make some quick purchases. He will look for a butcher and order the following. THis should suffice as temporary food should we not be able to hunt or fish.

Pg 274 PFRPG
30 lbs - jerked beef - 10 gold per 2 lb, 150 gold.
5 pints good wine - 20 gold per pint, 100 gold.
10 lbs - dried vegetables - 2 gold per 2lb, 10 gold.

He will ask the keeper at the bizarre to delivery the food to the alchemists shop.

After he is done, he will head back to the Alchemists shop to see if the Alchemist can provide a couple more details.
Perception 21%: d100: [30] = 30
JIC: d100: [28] = 28 , d20: [14] = 14

Goram accompanies Alwin. The bizarre is full of rich aromas and the sound of bustling as they make their way through. This is his first experience in Llorn and the shear size amazes him. He is low on funds, but gives his 30 gp as a contribution to the rations. I give you my word I will contribute more once I am able.

Please make note I owe Alwin 30-40 gold once I have procured it for my part of the rations. It is noted Goram.
User avatar
Ya-Blik
Dimension Master
Posts: 225
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:56 am
Location: PFRPG GM & DM

Re: Delivery? No it's Digiorro

Post by Ya-Blik »

Date: 21 September, 345
Time: 1100
Environment: Clear Skies
Location: (High District) near the Brotherhood of Magic




In fairly short order, Alwin and Goram turn to head back towards the Market and the -- Grand Bazaar -- intent on purchasing food for the road (as listed above). As the Duo approach the gate to the Market District, Goram spots a somewhat familiar figure from the prior evening, is that Digiorro? (the portly barrel-shaped human stands unhurried looking in line a short distance ahead of you in line by 8-10 folks, a quarterstaff rests lightly in his grasp and he might be looking rather lengthily at a serving girl ahead of him in line) ...

Azure, Alkanar, and Silhouette, the pair you met at the Alchemist's (Alwin and Goram) are walking off towards the Market. They have not gone that far, and how hard could finding that Troll really be? ... well until he gets around a couple corners.


OOC: Please note Ramsis has sadly been removed.
OOC: Please note Azure communicated he is injured IRL [and will be treated as unavailable for now], he can step back in at any time (but for now NPCs are going to ignore him).



Butcher's Bill:
Alkanar:
Azure: -2 SDC, -16 ISP ---- IRL Injured -- No return ETA.
Silhouette: -18 PPE, -2 ISP
Alwin:
Goram:


What are you doing?
--- Palladium Fantasy DM ---
User avatar
Goram
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:40 am

Re: Delivery? No it's Digiorro

Post by Goram »

Perception 21%: d100: [64] = 64
JIC: d100: [31] = 31 , d20: [4] = 4
Ya-Blik wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 11:12 am Date: 21 September, 345
Time: 1100
Environment: Clear Skies
Location: (High District) near the Brotherhood of Magic




In fairly short order, Alwin and Goram turn to head back towards the Market and the -- Grand Bazaar -- intent on purchasing food for the road (as listed above). As the Duo approach the gate to the Market District, Goram spots a somewhat familiar figure from the prior evening, is that Digiorro? (the portly barrel-shaped human stands unhurried looking in line a short distance ahead of you in line by 8-10 folks, a quarterstaff rests lightly in his grasp and he might be looking rather lengthily at a serving
There is that scoundrel Digiorro. I assume he finished his search for contractors. He is fondling that serving girl with his eyes. Add Philanderer to his list of crappy qualities. I wonder if Alwin sees him. Considering your last interaction, I would advise you ignore him. "Alwin my friend, look over there. It is that uncouth Digiorro. Maybe we should avoid him."

Goram will stay with Alwin, regardless of his decision, even though he wants to avoid Digiorro.
User avatar
Ya-Blik
Dimension Master
Posts: 225
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:56 am
Location: PFRPG GM & DM

Re: Delivery? No it's Digiorro

Post by Ya-Blik »

Date: 21 September, 345
Time: 1120
Environment: Clear Skies
Location: (High District) near the Brotherhood of Magic




Silhouette walks off after the Troll and his short friend leaving Azure and Alkanar, standing in the street in the High District a short distance from the Brotherhood. Their presence does not go unnoticed and after a couple minutes Alkanar feels at least a couple sets of eyes upon him from surrounding windows (these are the homes of the extremely wealthy, and a random Ogre and a Wolfen are atypical). It is unknown if you are being viewed by residents, servants, or others, but as the proverbial hair upon your necks begins to prickle, Azure sniffs loudly and declares, "I have a headache from this new eye. I will seek out a temple and pay some priest to remove the discomfort ..." The thickly built fellow then trundles off.

Meanwhile the line towards the Market District advances and the fellow who looked like Digiorro moves through as Alwin and Goram, per Goram's suggestion wait their turn without making contact with the man. A few minutes after Alwin and Goram finish their
30 lbs - jerked beef - 10 gold per 2 lb, 150 gold.
5 pints good wine - 20 gold per pint, 100 gold.
10 lbs - dried vegetables - 2 gold per 2lb, 10 gold. = 260 GP Total
in the Market Quarter and begin to make their way back to Myfflin's Shop, the Southern girl (Silhouette) who seems to have been plaguing them all morning shows up walking alongside Alwin and clearing her throat to announce her presence.


OOC: Please note Azure communicated he is injured IRL [and will be treated as unavailable for now], he is NPC'd to head for Temple District.



Butcher's Bill:
Alkanar:
Azure: -2 SDC, -16 ISP ---- IRL Injured -- No return ETA.
Silhouette: -18 PPE, -2 ISP
Alwin: -260 GP (already deducted on sheet)
Goram:

WARNING --- IF YOU FAILED TO POST, YOU ARE IN DANGER. HOLIDAY POST RATE SUSPENSION IS OVER. FAILURE TO POST WITHOUT BEING IN THE TRACKER WILL BE HAZARDOUS


What are you doing?
--- Palladium Fantasy DM ---
User avatar
Alwin
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:54 am

Re: Delivery? No it's Digiorro

Post by Alwin »

Perception Bonus: 31% (3%) vs 1d100: [73] = 73
JIC: 1d100 - 1d100: [89] = 89 , 1d20 – 1d20: [4] = 4

Alwin walks along, happy with his purchases. Enough to cover lean hunting times. He nods agreeing with his thoughts when Silhouette clears her throat next to him. "I do not usually try to interpret someone's silence. I wonder if you have taken my advice to thought?" Shaking his head visibly, Alwin wonders, Why do I even care what this feeble human girl does?

Alwin looks around making sure they are speaking with some privacy, "You worry about your reputation? Do you think the alchemist or the tower cares about your morals? They don't if you were thinking yes." Silhouette can detect a difference in Alwin's tone. It is solid, not jovial as it was with the clerk or the alchemist. "They only want their ego stroked. So, I stroke their ego to get what I want. Do I care what they think of me? No. That is because I know who I am. Who I am has nothing to do with their opinion, your opinion or anyone's for that matter. You have other business where we are going? Then the gold doesn't really matter does it? It's a means to an end. Along the way we find other ways to make money."

Alwin walks along a little more then adds, "As for the Alchemist, if you truly feel slighted, get your justice. Don't ask for justice. Don't expect someone else to give you justice. Get it! Take it! Justice doesn't need to come today or tomorrow. Get it when you can. How you can. You will appreciate it much more that way"

Walking along a little more he adds, "I understand your furry companion feels a certain way. He needs to realize this world is not a fair place. He would benefit from a "no expectations" philosophy. I know I have. When you finally accept that life is all about getting screwed you have a better chance of getting what you want."

Alwin will continue to walk back to the Alchemists shop. IF Silhouette follows him, just outside the shop he say, "Let's go in and try to salvage this thing."
User avatar
Silhouette
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 430
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:00 pm

Re: Delivery? No it's Digiorro

Post by Silhouette »

JIC: 1d20: [1] = 1 1d100: [17] = 17
Perc: 68% / 1d100: [16] = 16

To GM: Hey now, don’t leave Petal behind!
[Alwin” wrote: Alwin looks around making sure they are speaking with some privacy, "You worry about your reputation? Do you think the alchemist or the tower cares about your morals? They don't if you were thinking yes." Silhouette can detect a difference in Alwin's tone. It is solid, not jovial as it was with the clerk or the alchemist.
Silhouette leads Petal along her side by the halter as she with an affected nonchalance as to stand next to the green elf archer, but quickly stiffens at Alwin’s words as her instincts rail against another elf telling her what the world is like and what is best. Silhouette’s thoughts whirl as she thinks,”Another Tyral, another Alchemist, another Clerk calling her child…” Silhouette’s anger at the Alchemist and now with the tower tightens her nose into a sneer as her jaw clenches so strongly the stridulation of teeth can be heard in her ears if not by those nearby. Silhouette levels her gaze with the elf as her neck tendons make a canal of her neck. Silhouette’s thoughts race,”Expecting your due is not a child’s act. A merchant’s angry that fool’s gold was put into his hand is just. And here this elf was saying the same lines as the others, talking down to her as a child!”
”Alwin” wrote:"They only want their ego stroked. So, I stroke their ego to get what I want. Do I care what they think of me? No. That is because I know who I am. Who I am has nothing to do with their opinion, your opinion or anyone's for that matter. You have other business where we are going? Then the gold doesn't really matter does it? It's a means to an end. Along the way we find other ways to make money."
Silhouette’s flaring intent to let her frustrations and anger out on the elf goes out like coals using up all the accelerant leaving behind glowing embers and wisps of smoke as a slight but apparent nod is accompanied by her lips twisting in consternation. She had said that to another before in a time before Llorn when a companion was being harshly reprimanded for doing differently than directed but achieved better results than it would have. She had told him to stow that knowledge, save it for practice, not the lesson. What the instruction should have been, rather than a punishment as she thought,”Not very far off from the present…”
”Alwin” wrote:Alwin walks along a little more then adds, "As for the Alchemist, if you truly feel slighted, get your justice. Don't ask for justice. Don't expect someone else to give you justice. Get it! Take it! Justice doesn't need to come today or tomorrow. Get it when you can. How you can. You will appreciate it much more that way."
Walking along a little more he adds, "I understand your furry companion feels a certain way. He needs to realize this world is not a fair place. He would benefit from a "no expectations" philosophy. I know I have. When you finally accept that life is all about getting screwed you have a better chance of getting what you want."

Alwin will continue to walk back to the Alchemists shop. IF Silhouette follows him, just outside the shop he say, "Let's go in and try to salvage this thing."
Silhouette follows and after a minute breaks her temporary vow of silence as she regards the pounds and pounds of food,”Isn’t that all just one meal for him?” Gesturing up at the towering troll Silhouette smiles seeming to have left behind her anger.
Silhouette
P.P.E.: 172/172 | I.S.P.: 59/59 | H.P.: 47/47 | S.D.C.:65/65
Conditions:Sixth Sense, Recognize various magics(see O.O.C. special abilities)
Armor: Studded Leather (AR13 / 38/38 SDC (-5% mobility)
Weapon: In-Hand: Bow. On person: Silver dagger & two dwarven daggers in sheath at belt, 2x throwing inside wrist armor/2x throwing in boots & 36 arrows on back.
Image
Post Reply

Return to “Fantasy Adventures”