Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

If supernatural evil feels persecuted, you can bet the Templar are responsible.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
Posts: 1719
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Consumer »

Road to Redemption: A play in three parts, Part Three, Act One.
Time and Weather wrote:Location: Enganno Island, Indian Ocean
Date: April 19, 111 PA, 12:50 PM (10 minuteshas passed)
Weather: High 93°, Low 75°; Clear
Map
Mission Notes
Combat Map
Jason Long: No skills used.
Leo Milton: No skills used.
Rufus: No skills used.
Dhaltuun Onyxforge: No skills used.
Travis Murdoc: No skills used.
Teres Barton: No skills used.
Rory: No skills used.
Father Josiah Reno: No skills used.
Teres finds a spot to sit on the boat and uses her time to meditate on the weather. After a few minutes of meditation, she gets the notion that for the next day or so the weather will be much the same, clear with light westerly winds.
Rufus wrote:"Sure," Rufus nods as he hands over the jacket. While Dhal is looking over the symbols he clears his throat. "You know, you're the only one of us who has any kind of sailing experience... with the possible exception of your companions, of course." He looks around towards Jessie and Vlad. "Do either of you know much about sailing? If so, any kind of 'crash course' any of you could put the rest of us through before we put to sea?" He turns back to Jason. "for my creds, I'd still suggest we stay here the rest of the day learning as much as we can before heading out at first light tomorrow... but if you want to head out now, give the word."
Jessie speaks up. ”I’m a skilled sailor. So in the worst case scenario, I can cover the situation. You’ll just have to listen to me when I need tasks done.” Jessie says, looking to Dhaltuun who seems oblivious to the conversation. ”There’s no crash course that we could do that would prepare you guys any more than actual training. But sure I suppose we can take a spin around the island to get you at least familiar with the ocean.” Jessie says.

Rory tries to swim under the boat to look at the hull, but seemingly has forgotten how to swim. It’s a frightening several seconds as she eventually surfaces and gets to the boat ramp. Now dripping wet, she makes her way to talk to Teres.
Jason Long wrote:"Actually Rufus, I think that would be a good idea. We can get our sea legs close in to the island. Why don't we run it down to Pahanuma. Dhaltuun can check the handling of the boat and get it trimmed to his liking. We all can get some experience. Once there, we can also brief the Elder on what we found and warn him of these raiders."
The group heads out, Jessie is at the helm.

What are your Intentions?

Roll an extra d100 in your just in case this next post. Welcome to the sea. ~Consumer

GM Note: Father Reno and Dhaltuun did not post this week.

Jason Long: KLS Triarius Heavy Armor 113/200 M.D.C., Shoulder Shield 252/300 M.D.C., Sustain 7/8 days.
Rufus: P.P.E.: 196/303; Ring of Invisibility (2/3 charges remaining/24hr), -8 Meal Bars, Sustain 7/8 days.
Dhaltuun Onyxforge: 159/163 P.P.E.; Armored M.D.C. Combat Long Coat: 32/36 M.D.C., Sustain 7/8 days.
Jessie the Valkyrie: Magic Chain Mail: 62/100 M.D.C., Sustain 7/8 days.
Rory: P.P.E.: 31/151; Sustain 7/8 days.
Travis Murdoc: TFRC-02 FreeRunner Combat Exoskeleton 60/100 M.D.C., Sustain 7/8 days.
Teres Barton: Branaghan Overcoat: Destroyed, Wrangler Riding Armor (Main Body): 44/85 M.D.C., I.S.P.: 66/88, Sustain 7/8 days.
Father Josiah Reno: Maverick Riding Armor 20/36 M.D.C., Sustain 7/8 days.
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and BTS
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Teres Barton
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 107
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:25 am

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Teres Barton »

Perception: 1d100: 1d100: [25] = 25
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: [10] = 10 | 1d100: 1d100: [44] = 44
JIC2 d20 | d100: 1d20: [19] = 19 | 1d100: [54] = 54

"Doing okay considering the island and its size and all that water. It is natural enough, but I am used to hundreds and thousands of miles of space. It will take some getting used to this place. " she paused, "Fits a theory I and a fellow Psi-Druid and I had about each Psi-Druid 'adapting' mentally and personally to a certain terrain and weather during training and learning to be psi Druid. She was big into snow and winter. as such, Spent a fair amount of spent time in Free Quebec I suspect. She could barely tolerate being in heat and dry plains like me. If I ever run into her again I can confirm that theory. testing the water temperature. I see." she notes her wet hair turning to the dwarf and shifting her sitting position to non-meditation form.

"Good news provided the weather spirits are being truthful. Much as Renegades-minded people like myself honor the spirits they are not always so inclined to be as Direct or honest with us. That is why we still use technology. Traditionalists and Pure ones are not fond of that decision to use tech. The Politics of the Native American community are a spider web best left alone. she adds moving on to the weather.

"Now If they are it should be over the next day or so clear with light westerly winds," she states aloud. as she looked at the island she is reminded of her sense of space shrinking. The island did not even have life. It was to her a dead or dying space that was part of the circle of life.
Last edited by Teres Barton on Tue Jan 17, 2023 11:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Chasing Rainbows all my Days
Where I Go I Do Not Know
I only know The Place I've been
Dreams they come And Go, Ever shall be so
Nothing's real until you See


Image

Teres Barton
HP: 19/19
SDC: 33/33
ISP: 68/88
Equipment:
OOC Comments
Armor:
Wrangler Riding Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70
Arms: 32 each
Legs: 45 each
Main Body: 85
Branaghan Overcoat
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 40
Arms: +8 with overcoat
Legs: +12 with overcoat
Main Body: +28 with overcoat
Weapons:
Tesla Bow (Patron Item)
Range: 1,500'
Damage: 4D6 per bolt of lightning + Tesla Effect
Rate of Fire: per the skill of the archer
Payload: Unlimited
Weight: 8 lbs.
Features: Does M.D. in a mega-damage environment
Tesla Effect: Stunned (lose initiative & 1 APM) for 1 melee round per each hit and failed to save vs. non-lethal toxins; effective even against environmental M.D.C. armor
Modifiers: +2 to strike; two-handed weapon; no minimum strength to use
Modified NA-LB1 Laser Bow
Range: 1000'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: Effectively unlimited, but bow string needs replacement after 500 shots; 20 shots if E-Clip is used for emergencies (port included)
Weight: 4 lbs.
Features: M.D.C. material (150 M.D.C, can only be damaged if directly targeted); can fire normal arrows as well
IP-12 Ion Pistol
Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 10 shots per E-Clip, 20 shots per LE-Clip
Arrows:
Leg Quivers:
Each holds 12 arrows
• Left Leg: 2 Explosive Arrows (1 Heavy and 1 light), 2 MD Arrows, 1 Smoke Arrow, 1 IR Flare Arrow, 4 Wooden Stake Arrows, 2 Neural Disrupter Arrows.
• Right Leg: 2 Explosive Arrows (1 Heavy and 1 light), 2 MD Arrows, 1 Smoke Arrow, 1 IR Flare Arrow, 4 Wooden Stake Arrows, 2 Neural Disrupter Arrows.
Bow quiver:
4 stun, 1 smoke, 1 Flare
(in case bow gets taken from her she keeps the lethal arrows on her to prevent them from being used against her)
Quiver x2:
each Holds 24 Arrows.
• 4 Smoke Arrows
• 4 IR Flare Arrows
• 12 MD Arrows
• 4 Neural Disrupter Arrows
User avatar
Rory
Posts: 63
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:35 am

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Rory »

Perception: d100: 1d100: [63] = 63 / 21%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: 1d20: [17] = 17 | 1d100: 1d100: [80] = 80

Rory grins ruefully.

"Ever spent ages wanting ta do something ye haven't done in a while, and when ye do, ye suddenly realize that ye're crap at it? Well, that's me and swimmin'. After a month in the badlands, I have got right out of the habit of swimming."

She changes her pose to lean backwards and spread her hair out wider so it can dry faster.

"Nice ta know that it's at least likely ta be decent weather. With a bit of time in an' around the sea, I'm sure it'll all come back ta me.

She starts to say something, stops, then starts again.

"So the spirits sometimes don't tell the truth? Or did ye mean that they sometimes don't volunteer information? I'm not really all that up on spirits and stuff. Most of the magic I use is a known quantity, as far as I can see. It's when ye add in self-aware things, like creatures, that things get a bit more squirrelly. Like that time with the water elemental..."

Her voice trails off, and she sits there for a minute without speaking. When she does start speaking, her voice is much brighter.

"Anyway, I'm going ta need me a lot o' sleep tonight. Fixin' the Padre's armor, even that tiny little bit, took a whole lot outa me."

Rory.
Status
-Current Hit Points: 42/42
-Current SDC: 18/25
-Current PPE: 31/151

Armor: High Magus armor
Helmet: 45
Arms: 15 each
Legs: 30 each
Main Body: 50

Weapons:
Slung over back: Nuhr rune musket rifle
Range: 1,600'
Damage: 6D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 47 blasts
Weight: 8.5 lbs.
Features: Costs 40 P.P.E. to reload
Modifiers: P.S. <26: -3 to strike

Utility belt: Vibro-axe
Range: Close Combat
Damage: 2D6 M.D.
Payload: 1 E-Clip will last approximately 1 hour
Weight: 4 lbs
OOC Comments
User avatar
Teres Barton
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 107
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:25 am

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Teres Barton »

(rolls carried over)

"For me, it's habits and protocols. As to the weather,it is fickle but now and then gives us a break." adds with a smile, "As for spirits we renegade-minded prefer not to rely on Spirits but still give them their dues. If they help it is a nice benefit, but we plan on them not being much help in most cases. " she pauses and looks back at sea considering all the open space.

"Have a good sleep. " she says to Rory then turns to the team lead, "So we are sailing around the Island? Perhaps we can visit the other villages if any and be diplomatic. No telling how long we will be here." How these merc outfits operated without a chain of command was incredible. Even in the Colonial guard divisions, there was a determined chain of command. Perhaps it explained why she was a scout and solo operator for so long. She would in time adjust of course.
Chasing Rainbows all my Days
Where I Go I Do Not Know
I only know The Place I've been
Dreams they come And Go, Ever shall be so
Nothing's real until you See


Image

Teres Barton
HP: 19/19
SDC: 33/33
ISP: 68/88
Equipment:
OOC Comments
Armor:
Wrangler Riding Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70
Arms: 32 each
Legs: 45 each
Main Body: 85
Branaghan Overcoat
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 40
Arms: +8 with overcoat
Legs: +12 with overcoat
Main Body: +28 with overcoat
Weapons:
Tesla Bow (Patron Item)
Range: 1,500'
Damage: 4D6 per bolt of lightning + Tesla Effect
Rate of Fire: per the skill of the archer
Payload: Unlimited
Weight: 8 lbs.
Features: Does M.D. in a mega-damage environment
Tesla Effect: Stunned (lose initiative & 1 APM) for 1 melee round per each hit and failed to save vs. non-lethal toxins; effective even against environmental M.D.C. armor
Modifiers: +2 to strike; two-handed weapon; no minimum strength to use
Modified NA-LB1 Laser Bow
Range: 1000'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: Effectively unlimited, but bow string needs replacement after 500 shots; 20 shots if E-Clip is used for emergencies (port included)
Weight: 4 lbs.
Features: M.D.C. material (150 M.D.C, can only be damaged if directly targeted); can fire normal arrows as well
IP-12 Ion Pistol
Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 10 shots per E-Clip, 20 shots per LE-Clip
Arrows:
Leg Quivers:
Each holds 12 arrows
• Left Leg: 2 Explosive Arrows (1 Heavy and 1 light), 2 MD Arrows, 1 Smoke Arrow, 1 IR Flare Arrow, 4 Wooden Stake Arrows, 2 Neural Disrupter Arrows.
• Right Leg: 2 Explosive Arrows (1 Heavy and 1 light), 2 MD Arrows, 1 Smoke Arrow, 1 IR Flare Arrow, 4 Wooden Stake Arrows, 2 Neural Disrupter Arrows.
Bow quiver:
4 stun, 1 smoke, 1 Flare
(in case bow gets taken from her she keeps the lethal arrows on her to prevent them from being used against her)
Quiver x2:
each Holds 24 Arrows.
• 4 Smoke Arrows
• 4 IR Flare Arrows
• 12 MD Arrows
• 4 Neural Disrupter Arrows
User avatar
Father Josiah Reno
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:28 pm

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Father Josiah Reno »

Perception: 42% 1d100: [23] = 23
JIC: 1d20: [13] = 13
JIC%: 1d100: [68] = 68 1d100: [80] = 80

Father Josiah settles into a seat as the ship heads out. Speaking to no one in particular, he says, "I've not spent much time on the open ocean. Mostly just lakes and reservoirs. This should be interesting." He chuckles a little as he says the last part. Staring into the distance he decides this is a good time to read his bible, but as he opens it he changes his mind, closes it, and begins to sing. When he finishes, he quietly says the Catholic travelers prayer for the group.

"O Almighty and merciful God, who hast commissioned Thy angels to guide and protect us, command them to be our assiduous companions from our setting out until our return; to clothe us with their invisible protection; to keep from us all danger of collision, of fire, of explosion, of fall and bruises, and finally, having preserved us from all evil, and especially from sin, to guide us to our heavenly home. Through Jesus Christ, our Lord. Amen."

He smiles as he finishes, looking at the vast sky and horizon ahead, knowing God is with him.

"So", he says to the group, "Anyone got any hooch?"
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 387
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Jason Long »

Perception: 71% / 1d100: [69] = 69
JIC: 1d20: [11] = 11 , 1d100: [87] = 87 , 1d100: [93] = 93

SKILL:
Navigation—91% / 1d100: [14] = 14 planning their path
Teres Barton wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 6:19 am , "So we are sailing around the Island? Perhaps we can visit the other villages if any and be diplomatic. No telling how long we will be here."
" That's the plan. A short trip to get everyone used to the sea and put the boat through its paces before a longer trip. Also, I want to warn the Elder and any other villages about those raiders. They may even recognize the symbol on Rufus' new jacket. I would like to find let his people know what happened." He flashes for a moment to another notification he helped make back in South America. He shakes himself and looks at the charts. "Navigating on a surface that also moves will be interesting" He grins and tries to help plot their trip.

"Light westerly winds you say? Lets work our way southwest then. Once we round the westmost point of the island, we can use only the sails to work out way down the coast. We can save fuel as much as possible and, us landlubbers, can learn enough not to be a danger to ourselves or the boat."

He points out his suggested path on the chart to Jesse, " What do you think?" He leaves the specifics of getting there to her superior knowledge.
Jason Long
OOC Comments
HP: 49/21
SDC: 52/52
Triarius Heavy Armor
• Helmet: 100
• Main Body: 200
• Arms: 125 each
• Legs: 150 each
• Arm Shield: 300
Modifiers: -15% to physical skills, +1 to strike with ranged weapons
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 324
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Rufus »

Perception: 1d100<83: [75*] = 1
JIC: 1d20: [3] = 3 / 1d100: [1] = 1
Bonus JIC: 1d100: [19] = 19

Conditions:
- PPE: 174/303 at the start of this post
- Empress Heavy Ion Pistol: 3/8 shots in current E-clip
- Invisibility ring: 2/3 charges remaining
- Fly as the Eagle Spell: 24.75 minutes remaining
- Sustain: 7 days remaining
Sustain allows the recipient of this enchantment to go for days without food, water, or breathable air! The magic keeps their energy level up and removes the need for any outside source of these things. In addition, the recipient only needs two hours sleep per night for the duration of the magic. The individual can survive in almost any environment. However, the character remains vulnerable to other external conditions such as heat, cold, and physical damage, and fatigues from exertion as normal.

- Translator Fish:
"This creature I whipped up in my lab will go in your ear and live there for a while… Estimated lifespan is six months… Once in there it will gently affix itself to your eardrum and collect the sounds coming into your ear, and with sympathetic psionics, it will translate the language into something you understand. On the flipside, it will attempt to translate your speech in your brain to one that it has received, though this is to a limited effect, so keep the speaking simple and you should be okay.”

Jason Long wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:06 am"Actually Rufus, I think that would be a good idea. We can get our sea legs close in to the island. Why don't we run it down to Pahanuma. Dhaltuun can check the handling of the boat and get it trimmed to his liking. We all can get some experience. Once there, we can also brief the Elder on what we found and warn him of these raiders."
Rufus nods. "Sounds dangerously like a plan to me, boss. At least if we're close by I could probably tow us back to shore if things go hairballs." At least I think I could tow us back... he adds to himself. Never tried pulling a boat while flying before. But it's not that big; how hard could it be?
Consumer wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:36 amJessie speaks up. ”I’m a skilled sailor. So in the worst case scenario, I can cover the situation. You’ll just have to listen to me when I need tasks done.” Jessie says, looking to Dhaltuun who seems oblivious to the conversation. ”There’s no crash course that we could do that would prepare you guys any more than actual training. But sure I suppose we can take a spin around the island to get you at least familiar with the ocean.” Jessie says.
"Aye-aye, Captain!" Rufus gives Jessie a grin and a salute. "And just as an aside to everyone, that sustenance spell I cast on all of you also eliminates the need for breathable air -- so if you fall overboard, drowning isn't an immediate concern..." he adds with a chuckle.
Teres Barton wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 2:01 pm"Good news provided the weather spirits are being truthful. Much as Renegades-minded people like myself honor the spirits they are not always so inclined to be as Direct or honest with us. That is why we still use technology. Traditionalists and Pure ones are not fond of that decision to use tech. The Politics of the Native American community are a spider web best left alone. Now If they are it should be over the next day or so clear with light westerly winds,"
Father Josiah Reno wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 2:36 pm"O Almighty and merciful God, who hast commissioned Thy angels to guide and protect us, command them to be our assiduous companions from our setting out until our return; to clothe us with their invisible protection; to keep from us all danger of collision, of fire, of explosion, of fall and bruises, and finally, having preserved us from all evil, and especially from sin, to guide us to our heavenly home. Through Jesus Christ, our Lord. Amen."
"Spirits and gods... always a good idea to be on friendly terms with as many as possible from both groups. The way our luck goes most times, we probably need all the help from beyond we can get," Rufus nods. "And here's hoping the next outpost of civilization has a liquor store -- or at least an open bar..." he chuckles as he floats up into the rigging to keep an eye out for anything of note (and if he does see anything he'll call it out to the group). When he feels the flight spell is about to wear off he'll either return to the deck or find a passable place to sit/perch.

"Odin... Od... Wolvenar... Njord..." he mutters under his breath. "If any of you are listening... please watch over us reckless fools as we rush headlong into unknown and unfamiliar worlds."
User avatar
Murdoc
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 360
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:30 am
Location: Rifts: Templar (PC)

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Murdoc »

Percep 83%: 1d100: [71] = 71
JIC: 1d20: [16] = 16 1d100: [46] = 46 1d100: [6] = 6

Conditions:
Sustain 7/8 days
Tiny symbiotic fish that translates language
  • Effect: Automatically translates any language to one the host understands.
  • Will attempt to translate responses at 50% chance.
  • Lifespan: 6 months
  • Notes: Created by a Genesplicer, no side effects

Roll 50%: 1d100: [8] = 8

Sustain 7/8 days
NE-97 Triple Threat Laser Rifle: Payload: 21/14 shots per E-Clip
TFRC-02 FreeRunner Combat Exoskeleton 100/60 M.D.C.


Murdoc nods to Reno, "Yeah and rivers too. Though I've always been just a passenger. And usually stuffed in a bolt hold somewhere being sneaked about to go on mission." He gives the Priest a grin when the man asks for something to drink, "Sorry Padre. When I was on the juice I got out of the habit and never really got back into it when I cleaned up. I'd be willing to bet that Dhaltuun has something tucked away somewhere."

Murdoc looks over to Jason and Rufus and chuckles, "It most defiantly sounds like a plan. And better than sitting around here trying to get info out of a villager that doesn't know much more about the area than the little piece of the island that they're planted on."

Murdoc looks down at the water, Sure I can swim but if we're far out with no sign of land, that isn't gonna help much if we get tossed overboard. Best listen to Jessie and follow her directions.
Travis Murdoc

OOC Comments
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Teres Barton
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 107
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:25 am

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Teres Barton »

The Padre wrote:"So", he says to the group, "Anyone got any hooch?"
"Sorry Padre, Like Murdoc I don't drink a lot anymore. I had my fill in the Military and find I use the stuff more to cleanse wounds." Teres answers plainly.
Rufus wrote:"Spirits and gods... always a good idea to be on friendly terms with as many as possible from both groups. The way our luck goes most times, we probably need all the help from beyond we can get,"
"The spirits and gods may protect but a loaded Quiver and Energy pistol never hurts," she adds with a grin. once again her "Renegade-Mindedness" shows. It was always odd to think that way because of the CS and Native situation. But in the end, fighting someone you learned more about how they treated allies and enemies. That and anyone who fought for their beliefs was far more reliable. She then speaks up after the padre does his thing.

"I remember an old navy man in GAW told me it was tradition to name a ship before a journey. With that, I would suggest Billy o' Tea. It was the name we used during the GAW salvage of ships and a song one of the crew chiefs I worked with sang at the end of every workday. To keep bad luck and Gremlins away from the engines he would say." She adds.
Chasing Rainbows all my Days
Where I Go I Do Not Know
I only know The Place I've been
Dreams they come And Go, Ever shall be so
Nothing's real until you See


Image

Teres Barton
HP: 19/19
SDC: 33/33
ISP: 68/88
Equipment:
OOC Comments
Armor:
Wrangler Riding Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70
Arms: 32 each
Legs: 45 each
Main Body: 85
Branaghan Overcoat
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 40
Arms: +8 with overcoat
Legs: +12 with overcoat
Main Body: +28 with overcoat
Weapons:
Tesla Bow (Patron Item)
Range: 1,500'
Damage: 4D6 per bolt of lightning + Tesla Effect
Rate of Fire: per the skill of the archer
Payload: Unlimited
Weight: 8 lbs.
Features: Does M.D. in a mega-damage environment
Tesla Effect: Stunned (lose initiative & 1 APM) for 1 melee round per each hit and failed to save vs. non-lethal toxins; effective even against environmental M.D.C. armor
Modifiers: +2 to strike; two-handed weapon; no minimum strength to use
Modified NA-LB1 Laser Bow
Range: 1000'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: Effectively unlimited, but bow string needs replacement after 500 shots; 20 shots if E-Clip is used for emergencies (port included)
Weight: 4 lbs.
Features: M.D.C. material (150 M.D.C, can only be damaged if directly targeted); can fire normal arrows as well
IP-12 Ion Pistol
Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 10 shots per E-Clip, 20 shots per LE-Clip
Arrows:
Leg Quivers:
Each holds 12 arrows
• Left Leg: 2 Explosive Arrows (1 Heavy and 1 light), 2 MD Arrows, 1 Smoke Arrow, 1 IR Flare Arrow, 4 Wooden Stake Arrows, 2 Neural Disrupter Arrows.
• Right Leg: 2 Explosive Arrows (1 Heavy and 1 light), 2 MD Arrows, 1 Smoke Arrow, 1 IR Flare Arrow, 4 Wooden Stake Arrows, 2 Neural Disrupter Arrows.
Bow quiver:
4 stun, 1 smoke, 1 Flare
(in case bow gets taken from her she keeps the lethal arrows on her to prevent them from being used against her)
Quiver x2:
each Holds 24 Arrows.
• 4 Smoke Arrows
• 4 IR Flare Arrows
• 12 MD Arrows
• 4 Neural Disrupter Arrows
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
Posts: 1719
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Consumer »

Road to Redemption: A play in three parts, Part Three, Act One.
Time and Weather wrote:Location: Waters around Enganno Island, Indian Ocean
Date: April 19, 111 PA, 1:50 PM (1 hour has passed)
Weather: High 93°, Low 75°; Clear
Map
Mission Notes
Combat Map
Jason Long: Navigation (planning their path): See post.
Leo Milton: No skills used.
Rufus: No skills used.
Travis Murdoc: No skills used.
Teres Barton: No skills used.
Rory: No skills used.
Father Josiah Reno: No skills used.
Teres and Rory begin to have a chat, while Jason consults Jessie about the route they’ll take. ”I’m sure the route is fine, I need you to pay more attention on how to keep the ship moving than where it needs to go. This was your idea in the first place.” Jessie says.

Father Reno seems to be in his own little religious world, singing and praying, before asking the question he already knows the answer to. Rufus takes to the task as described and begins doing as Jessie instructs.Which Jessie turns to the others and begins to bellow orders, it’s a shock because as soon as someone doesn’t seem to know what they’re doing or starts to slack off, Jessie is on them personally. ”You all want to learn how to sail, so you’re gonna learn how to sail.” And for the next forty minutes or so, the Templar are run through a series of tasks, Murdoc and Rufus seem to get the hang of it easy enough, the rest not so much, lots of pinched fingers, stumbles, and near concussions from the yardarm swinging across. The only ones not doing anything are Leo, who is sitting at the bow, as to keep out of the way on this relatively cramped ship, and Dhaltuun who is nowhere to be seen.

At about the hour mark, something terrifying and very strange happens. Jessie vanishes from the ship. Not her usual going invisible, but just ceases to exist, The Templar lacking a pilot are now seemingly in danger. Luckily for the Templar the ship isn’t close to the shore, and is moving in relatively calm waters. A minute passes, then Two. Three minutes after she vanished she reappears. The look on her face is annoyance, and she steps up to the till to steady it. ”I warned him.” Jessie says quietly.

What are your Intentions?

Jason Long: KLS Triarius Heavy Armor 113/200 M.D.C., Shoulder Shield 252/300 M.D.C., Sustain 7/8 days.
Rufus: P.P.E.: 196/303; Ring of Invisibility (2/3 charges remaining/24hr), -8 Meal Bars, Sustain 7/8 days.
Jessie the Valkyrie: Magic Chain Mail: 62/100 M.D.C., Sustain 7/8 days.
Rory: P.P.E.: 31/151; Sustain 7/8 days.
Travis Murdoc: TFRC-02 FreeRunner Combat Exoskeleton 60/100 M.D.C., Sustain 7/8 days.
Teres Barton: Branaghan Overcoat: Destroyed, Wrangler Riding Armor (Main Body): 44/85 M.D.C., I.S.P.: 66/88, Sustain 7/8 days.
Father Josiah Reno: Maverick Riding Armor 20/36 M.D.C., Sustain 7/8 days.
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and BTS
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 324
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Rufus »

Perception: 1d100<83: [70*] = 1
JIC: 1d20: [12] = 12 / 1d100: [38] = 38
Bonus JIC: 1d100: [14] = 14

Conditions:
- PPE: 174/303 at the start of this post
- Empress Heavy Ion Pistol: 3/8 shots in current E-clip
- Invisibility ring: 2/3 charges remaining
- Sustain: 7 days remaining
Sustain allows the recipient of this enchantment to go for days without food, water, or breathable air! The magic keeps their energy level up and removes the need for any outside source of these things. In addition, the recipient only needs two hours sleep per night for the duration of the magic. The individual can survive in almost any environment. However, the character remains vulnerable to other external conditions such as heat, cold, and physical damage, and fatigues from exertion as normal.

- Translator Fish:
"This creature I whipped up in my lab will go in your ear and live there for a while… Estimated lifespan is six months… Once in there it will gently affix itself to your eardrum and collect the sounds coming into your ear, and with sympathetic psionics, it will translate the language into something you understand. On the flipside, it will attempt to translate your speech in your brain to one that it has received, though this is to a limited effect, so keep the speaking simple and you should be okay.”

Teres Barton wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 11:23 pm The spirits and gods may protect but a loaded Quiver and Energy pistol never hurts,"

"I remember an old navy man in GAW told me it was tradition to name a ship before a journey. With that, I would suggest Billy o' Tea. It was the name we used during the GAW salvage of ships and a song one of the crew chiefs I worked with sang at the end of every workday. To keep bad luck and Gremlins away from the engines he would say." She adds.
"Uncle Cato would say something similar -- 'sometimes the right spell to cast is the one in your holster.' Or something like that, anyway..." Rufus laughs. "He's got a saying for every situation. Sometimes I even listen to them."

When Teres mentions a ship name (and especially if she hums/sings a bit) Rufus will nod and say "sounds good to me."
Consumer wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:09 amRufus takes to the task as described and begins doing as Jessie instructs. Which Jessie turns to the others and begins to bellow orders, it’s a shock because as soon as someone doesn’t seem to know what they’re doing or starts to slack off, Jessie is on them personally. ”You all want to learn how to sail, so you’re gonna learn how to sail.” And for the next forty minutes or so, the Templar are run through a series of tasks, Murdoc and Rufus seem to get the hang of it easy enough, the rest not so much, lots of pinched fingers, stumbles, and near concussions from the yardarm swinging across. The only ones not doing anything are Leo, who is sitting at the bow, as to keep out of the way on this relatively cramped ship, and Dhaltuun who is nowhere to be seen.

At about the hour mark, something terrifying and very strange happens. Jessie vanishes from the ship. Not her usual going invisible, but just ceases to exist, The Templar lacking a pilot are now seemingly in danger. Luckily for the Templar the ship isn’t close to the shore, and is moving in relatively calm waters.
As odd as it may sound, Rufus is actually having a good time learning the ropes (literally) of sailing. Aside from the experience of sailing itself, there's also the thrill of learning something new. As he goes about his instructed tasks he can't help but hum a tune that was rather popular during Karaoke Night at the bar they liked to frequent in Lazlo. He's also reminded of another of Uncle Cato's sayings. “Until you step into the unknown, you don’t know what you’re made of.” You said that to me when I first talked about venturing out into the world, Uncle. Well, here I am doing exactly that. I'm sure the stories around the fire from this will get a chuckle or two out of you.

At some point he notices that Dhal is missing, but at first he chalks it up to the dwarf being below decks somewhere. He's just about to ask about him when he looks towards the tiller and realizes that Jessie's gone too. "Jessie? JESSIE!!!!!!!!!! Everyone! Jessie's gone!" He scampers back to the tiller and starts looking around in case she's fallen overboard. There's no way she would have left the helm without a word. "Someone, please check below, make sure she's not down there with Dhal. And if she's not, wake him up and ask him if he knows where she is."
Consumer wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:09 amA minute passes, then Two. Three minutes after she vanished she reappears. The look on her face is annoyance, and she steps up to the till to steady it. ”I warned him.” Jessie says quietly.
Rufus breathes a sigh of relief when she reappears and grabs the tiller. "Well thank Od, Odin, and Njord you're okay -- I was afraid we'd have to jump in and search for you." He gestures back overboard then suddenly comprehends what she said. "Wait, what was that? What do you mean 'you warned him?' What's happened to Dhal?"
User avatar
Teres Barton
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 107
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:25 am

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Teres Barton »

Perception: 1d100: [37] = 37 / 54%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: [5] = 5 | 1d100: [17] = 17
Rufus wrote:"Uncle Cato would say something similar -- 'sometimes the right spell to cast is the one in your holster.' Or something like that, anyway..." Rufus laughs. "He's got a saying for every situation. Sometimes I even listen to them."

When Teres mentions a ship name (and especially if she hums/sings a bit) Rufus will nod and say "sounds good to me."
"That crew chief did too. most of the time good advice as well." she added with a grin, "He was smarter than he looked and twice as wise. I should look him up one day...see how he is doing." the Psi-Druid thinks.
Jessie wrote: ”You all want to learn how to sail, so you’re gonna learn how to sail.”
As Jessie made her proclamation she would make them sailors Teres internally sighed. The Psi-Druid knew she would not be a 'Great sailor' and could accept that. Truthfully she had no interest in being one either. She likes solid ground beneath her feet that did not sink. She just needed to know what was needed to be an efficient crewman and be useful on a ship all. This knowledge of her lack of Seamanship was from experience. It took a certain mindset and personality to be a sailor or anyone working in any sort of hazardous job or environment. Teres did not have that mindset for the ocean or on a ship. Some might say her willingness to live in the wilderness was a similar situation. It took a certain mindset too.

I am a ground person a wooden or metal ship as a long-term or permanent living space would be bad for me. Still plenty of useful skills and very marketable skills so worth learning. She thinks as they progressed through the day. Sailing is not Teres's thing and her enthusiasm for it is not fully there as she went through the drills quietly.

She does take well to the rope work, safety protocol, and climbing-related bits though. The Navigation and reading instruments would also The safety and Rope work skills were less similar to her time in GAW salvage. Safety protocol had a sense of order the better parts of her military time had reminded her of. Ropeworks, reading, and navigating from maps would use anywhere so they were also skills she paid more attention to.

All in all it was not a terrible time and she was reasonably happy for most of the day. It also distracted her from the ocean...which she still did not like but like most humans, she had likes and dislikes. She and another Psychic one day discussed the idea Psi-Druids and other nature/environment-based Psychics were adapted to the environment they in most would be less 'effective' in others not suited to the person and type of psychic abilities. This is based on the fact psychic abilities used the person's experience

Dhaltuun not being around was a shifter thing probably. Was he on a sabbatical or learning some ancient secret? Hopefully not him getting himself in trouble somehow.
Chasing Rainbows all my Days
Where I Go I Do Not Know
I only know The Place I've been
Dreams they come And Go, Ever shall be so
Nothing's real until you See


Image

Teres Barton
HP: 19/19
SDC: 33/33
ISP: 68/88
Equipment:
OOC Comments
Armor:
Wrangler Riding Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70
Arms: 32 each
Legs: 45 each
Main Body: 85
Branaghan Overcoat
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 40
Arms: +8 with overcoat
Legs: +12 with overcoat
Main Body: +28 with overcoat
Weapons:
Tesla Bow (Patron Item)
Range: 1,500'
Damage: 4D6 per bolt of lightning + Tesla Effect
Rate of Fire: per the skill of the archer
Payload: Unlimited
Weight: 8 lbs.
Features: Does M.D. in a mega-damage environment
Tesla Effect: Stunned (lose initiative & 1 APM) for 1 melee round per each hit and failed to save vs. non-lethal toxins; effective even against environmental M.D.C. armor
Modifiers: +2 to strike; two-handed weapon; no minimum strength to use
Modified NA-LB1 Laser Bow
Range: 1000'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: Effectively unlimited, but bow string needs replacement after 500 shots; 20 shots if E-Clip is used for emergencies (port included)
Weight: 4 lbs.
Features: M.D.C. material (150 M.D.C, can only be damaged if directly targeted); can fire normal arrows as well
IP-12 Ion Pistol
Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 10 shots per E-Clip, 20 shots per LE-Clip
Arrows:
Leg Quivers:
Each holds 12 arrows
• Left Leg: 2 Explosive Arrows (1 Heavy and 1 light), 2 MD Arrows, 1 Smoke Arrow, 1 IR Flare Arrow, 4 Wooden Stake Arrows, 2 Neural Disrupter Arrows.
• Right Leg: 2 Explosive Arrows (1 Heavy and 1 light), 2 MD Arrows, 1 Smoke Arrow, 1 IR Flare Arrow, 4 Wooden Stake Arrows, 2 Neural Disrupter Arrows.
Bow quiver:
4 stun, 1 smoke, 1 Flare
(in case bow gets taken from her she keeps the lethal arrows on her to prevent them from being used against her)
Quiver x2:
each Holds 24 Arrows.
• 4 Smoke Arrows
• 4 IR Flare Arrows
• 12 MD Arrows
• 4 Neural Disrupter Arrows
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 387
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Jason Long »

Perception: 71% / 1d100: [23] = 23
JIC: 1d20: [17] = 17 / 1d100: [73] = 73 / 1d100: [40] = 40

Jason rubs the bump on his head from a graze of the mast and shakes his head. He definitely was not born to be a sailor.

Who thought up all this crap? Halyards, stays, shrouds, and sheets? They all look like ropes to me. Give me the simplicity of an armored fighting compartment. Nothing to dodge except the recoiling breach of the gun. At least Jessie and Dhaltuun know what’s what. It’s about time Dhaltuun got up here instead of leaving everything to Jessie

Jason suddenly realizes that due to the rush of having sailing beat into his head, he hadn’t noticed Dhaltuun’s absence. He is about to ask Jessie if she knows what he is doing when she disappears.

“What the hell! Jessie!” Jason yells in surprise. He sees Rufus run to the tiller, Jason runs to the hatch and yells below decks, “ Dhaltuun!, get up here, Jessie’s vanished!” He turns back towards Rufus.
Ok, Long, deep breath. “Anyone have any ideas what just happened?” he calls to the rest of the team.

When Jessie re-appears, Jason heads back to her.
“Jessie, are you ok? What just happened, and who did you warn?” as soon as the words are out of Jason’s mouth, he recalls Jessie warning only one Templar of the consequences of his actions and only one other Templar is missing. “Dhaltuun, isn’t it. What is it and is there anything we can do about it?”
Jason Long
OOC Comments
HP: 49/21
SDC: 52/52
Triarius Heavy Armor
• Helmet: 100
• Main Body: 200
• Arms: 125 each
• Legs: 150 each
• Arm Shield: 300
Modifiers: -15% to physical skills, +1 to strike with ranged weapons
User avatar
Rory
Posts: 63
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:35 am

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Rory »

Perception: d100: 1d100: [66] = 66 / 21%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20: 1d20: [10] = 10 | 1d100: 1d100: [99] = 99 | 1d100: 1d100: [54] = 54

Rory comes out of her meditation after a couple of hours. It was only a short rest, enough to replenish a little of the power she'd used on the Padre's armor. She stretches, then heads back up onto the deck. She looks around for Teres.

"Hey again, Teres. Nothin' like a short nap. How's everything shakin' down up here?"

She looks around the deck. Rufus seems to be adapting with the sea pretty well, hanging onto the tiller like a pro. Well, more like a new sailor but one that is determined to do it right, based upon the way he's gripping it. She wanders over to him.

"Nice work on the tiller, Rufus, but ye can relax yer grip a bit. Feel the boat through it, the way the pressure shifts and periods of slackness mirror what the boat's facing. Ye want a little bit o' tension, a bit of pushback, 'cause that way ye know ye're holdin' the boat tight and drivin' her, rather'n lettin' her drift away from the course ye want her ta hold."

She looks around for Dhaltuun, but figures he must be somewhere else. Probably below gettin' some rest and replenishing some PPE, if he was smart.

"Ye've some nice spells there, Rufus. Would be nice ta sit down sometime and work out if there's any combinations we could do between us that'd synergize."

She scratches the back of her neck.

"And if ye spot any ley lines anywhere, please lemme know. I'm runnin' a bit low at the moment."

Rory.
Status
-Current Hit Points: 42/42
-Current SDC: 18/25
-Current PPE: 61/151

Armor: High Magus armor
Helmet: 45
Arms: 15 each
Legs: 30 each
Main Body: 50

Weapons:
Slung over back: Nuhr rune musket rifle
Range: 1,600'
Damage: 6D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 46 blasts/50
Weight: 8.5 lbs.
Features: Costs 40 P.P.E. to reload
Modifiers: P.S. <26: -3 to strike

Utility belt: Vibro-axe
Range: Close Combat
Damage: 2D6 M.D.
Payload: 1 E-Clip will last approximately 1 hour
Weight: 4 lbs
OOC Comments
User avatar
Father Josiah Reno
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:28 pm

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Father Josiah Reno »

Perception: 42% 1d100: [95] = 95
JIC: 1d20: [4] = 4
JIC%: 1d100: [28] = 28
Teres Barton wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 11:23 pm "Sorry Padre, Like Murdoc I don't drink a lot anymore. I had my fill in the Military and find I use the stuff more to cleanse wounds." Teres answers plainly.
Though initially hopeful, Josiah is not surprised by the response he gets about his inquiry. Nodding as Teres explains herself. "And you're an angel for doing so. A better person than I for sure." He chuckles a little as he finishes the statement. However, with the absence of alcohol, he's starting to become acutely aware of himself, how not built for sailing he actually is. The constant rocking of the boat is beginning to swirl his insides and he decides to focus on a single point on the ship in order to try and calm himself. He teeters between being fine and needing to upchuck over the side.

"Pie Jesu, corde et mente totus sim immutatus. Tuae sanationis nulla morbus potest resistere; si iubes, omnibus morbis parendum est. Dic ergo animae meae, sicut fecisti leproso: Mundare. Istud verbum mihi sanitati restituet; sicut enim verbum tuum solum me creavit, ita et verbum tuum ad me reficere potest."
Rufus wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:16 am"Jessie? JESSIE!!!!!!!!!! Everyone! Jessie's gone!"
Rufus's alarm seems to fix Josiah's predicament, at least temporarily, as he's snapped back to reality. He jumps to his feet and instinctively puts his hand to his holster. You idiot, what's that gonna do? He removes his hand and looks around the water, looking to see if their "captain" was thrown overboard. When Jessie reappears, Josiah's hand instinctively goes back to his holster for the split second before he realizes who it is. As the the excitement dies down, the queezy feeling from before comes back, and with the lack of alcohol, he decides on the solution and announces to no one, "I need a nap."
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
Posts: 1719
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Consumer »

Road to Redemption: A play in three parts, Part Three, Act One.
Time and Weather wrote:Location: Waters around Enganno Island, Indian Ocean
Date: April 19, 111 PA, 9:50 PM (8 hours have passed)
Weather: High 93°, Low 75°; Clear
Map
Mission Notes
Combat Map
Jason Long: Navigation (planning their path): See post.
Leo Milton: No skills used.
Rufus: No skills used.
Travis Murdoc: No skills used.
Teres Barton: No skills used.
Rory: No skills used.
Father Josiah Reno: No skills used.
The Templar react in some unusual ways to the situation, Rufus and Json seem to show legitimate concern for the sudden disappearance of Jessie, and even Rufus asks for someone to look for Dhaltuun below decks. The rest of the group seems less concerned with the situation, only barely looking around the upper deck of the ship if at all for their missing companions. Murdoc heads below decks to do as asked, and returns a minute or so later. ”Just a puddle of sea water, no Dhlatuun.” Jessie’s reappearance elicited a range of responses, from concern and worry to nonplussed and bored. Rufus and Jason almost immediately begin to question the Valkyrie about what happened.

”I warned him.” Is Jessie’s initial response, as she takes control of the ship. ”He’s failed his god in a simple task, and his god has taken him back for punishment.” Jessie says, her voice full of anger.

”My lord Njord, has agreed to allow me to continue with you, for he is not a cruel god and would not like to leave folk stranded on the sea.” Jessie says, her voice almost distant.
Jason Long wrote:“Dhaltuun, isn’t it. What is it and is there anything we can do about it?”
”No, there is nothing you can do. Dhaltuun was living on borrowed time. By all accounts he should have been dead months ago when his Pantheran-Terrax mauled him. Njord allowed him to come back with a simple task to be completed, and he never bothered to do it. So Njord. not being all-patient has decided that his gift was unnecessary and retrieved Dhaltuun for punishment. If he’s lucky, eventually Njord will allow him to go to Valhalla, but I doubt it.” Jessie says coldly.

”Enough on him, let’s finish this island tour, back to your stations!” Jessie barks.

The next few hours are hard, no one is treated with softness in the lesson. By the end of the trip, the Templar are sore and tired, but the village that they had first visited is in sight. Jessie leads the group into proper mooring techniques, and gets the group docked at the village.

On the dock is the Old man they dealt with before. ”I see you’ve found a boat. To what do we owe this pleasure” The old man asks in a weary voice.

What are your Intentions?

Jason Long: KLS Triarius Heavy Armor 113/200 M.D.C., Shoulder Shield 252/300 M.D.C., Sustain 7/8 days.
Rufus: P.P.E.: 196/303; Ring of Invisibility (2/3 charges remaining/24hr), -8 Meal Bars, Sustain 7/8 days.
Jessie the Valkyrie: Magic Chain Mail: 62/100 M.D.C., Sustain 7/8 days.
Rory: P.P.E.: 31/151; Sustain 7/8 days.
Travis Murdoc: TFRC-02 FreeRunner Combat Exoskeleton 60/100 M.D.C., Sustain 7/8 days.
Teres Barton: Branaghan Overcoat: Destroyed, Wrangler Riding Armor (Main Body): 44/85 M.D.C., I.S.P.: 66/88, Sustain 7/8 days.
Father Josiah Reno: Maverick Riding Armor 20/36 M.D.C., Sustain 7/8 days.
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and BTS
Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 387
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC
Contact:

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Jason Long »

Perception: 71% / 1d100: [100] = 100
JIC: 1d20: [9] = 9 / 1d100: [49] = 49 / 1d100: [83] = 83

Babelfish roll: 1d100: [87] = 87
Consumer wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:11 am The next few hours are hard, no one is treated with softness in the lesson. By the end of the trip, the Templar are sore and tired, but the village that they had first visited is in sight. Jessie leads the group into proper mooring techniques, and gets the group docked at the village.
Before getting off the boat, Jason approaches Jessie, "Jessie, thank you for sticking with us and doing what you can to teach us. Please stay with us as long as you are able. " Once on stable ground, Jason quietly thanks Njord for Jessie before addressing the Elder.
Consumer wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:11 am On the dock is the Old man they dealt with before. ”I see you’ve found a boat. To what do we owe this pleasure” The old man asks in a weary voice.
Jason smiles in greeting to the old man. "Yes, it was stored at the old outpost on the north end of the island. We decided to circle the island to learn how this boat sails. We will not be staying but we wished to bring you a warning." Jason's voice becomes more serious. "There was an encampment at the old outpost. When we arrived, all of the occupants had been slain or captured. One of the wore an old symbol." If Rufus is wearing the coat, Jason points out the symbol and continues. "We encountered a group of strange amphibious beings, who had attacked the outpost and took prisoners. They attacked us and we eliminated them, but there may be more in the area. We saw no boats belonging to them, so they must approach from beneath the waves." Jason stops to think and allow Rufus and the others to add what they will.
Jason Long
OOC Comments
HP: 49/21
SDC: 52/52
Triarius Heavy Armor
• Helmet: 100
• Main Body: 200
• Arms: 125 each
• Legs: 150 each
• Arm Shield: 300
Modifiers: -15% to physical skills, +1 to strike with ranged weapons
User avatar
Murdoc
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 360
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:30 am
Location: Rifts: Templar (PC)

Re: Road to Redemption; A play in three parts (part three)

Post by Murdoc »

Percep 83%: 1d100: [86] = 86
JIC: 1d20: [8] = 8 1d100: [76] = 76

Conditions:
Sustain 7/8 days
Tiny symbiotic fish that translates language
  • Effect: Automatically translates any language to one the host understands.
  • Will attempt to translate responses at 50% chance.
  • Lifespan: 6 months
  • Notes: Created by a Genesplicer, no side effects

Roll 50%: 1d100: [41] = 41

Sustain 7/8 days
NE-97 Triple Threat Laser Rifle: Payload: 21/14 shots per E-Clip
TFRC-02 FreeRunner Combat Exoskeleton 100/60 M.D.C.

Murdoc tucks in and follows Jessie's commands as best he can. He's no able seaman, but he knows how to follow orders and so the hours pass as he attempts to do what he's told. I'm glad Jessie's returned but I don't think this is our best way to find what we're looking for Once they've anchored/tied the boat up, Murdoc leaps ashore, happy to be someplace where there's room to move around.
”I see you’ve found a boat. To what do we owe this pleasure”
Murdoc looks around at the group, We suck as sailors. "It's getting late and we need rest before we try something we're not quite ready for. If we could ask for your hospitality for another night, we would be most thankful." He offers the elder a smile and a slight nod/bow.

Murdoc turns to the team and in his best drill Seargent impersonation he says, "This ain't your momma's house so she ain't here to pick up after you. Get your gear and police up after yourself."
Travis Murdoc

OOC Comments
ImageImageImage
Post Reply

Return to “Templar Adventure Forum”