Episode 3: Run

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

User avatar
Amber Dach
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
Posts: 190
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:50 am

Re: Episode 3: Run

Post by Amber Dach »

(Rolls held over)
Susan Lee wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:39 am She turns to her travelling companions and says, "As amusing as throwing a vampire head at the target might be, I agree with you, Amber. However, we are poorly equipped to eliminate this threat currently, unless you have a means of generating water in your possession. Currently, these vampires are effectively contained, unless they can fly at light speed through space."

Susan looks at the sun. "Certainly, see if the sunlight works, but if not, I believe we'll have to put a pin in this, lest we become trapped here with your people's ancient enemies. There is wisdom in surviving to fight another day, after all."


Amber ponders Susan's thoughts briefly and says, "I agree that they are contained, but I still don't like leaving any of the vamps in stasis here. I know realistically that we don't have time to destroy them all in a low-key manner, unless there is a clean source of running nearby. Especially if any of these are Master Vampires. Sunlight alone won't cut it with them."

She begins to make a motion to rub her face in exasperation before remembering she is a power armour suit. By the Gods, I hate to do this, but we have to leave them be. Otherwise we may get trapped here. She searches her memory. What is the name of this rock? Habitat V-23? Maybe I can pass this place on to some Undead Slayers to come back here to properly dispose of these guys later.

She sighs. "Okay, Susan. I'll seal the container up again and then let's get the hell out of here and finish this mission. Got what you need from in there? No more stops off mission from here on out. I want to finish up on this rock as soon as possible!"

She walks back to the container and as she passes Eight she asks. "You got a welding attachment to those fancy arms of yours, Eight? I'd like to seal this up as securely as possible before we join up with the others." Either way, Amber makes sure that the container is sealed as securely as she can before leaving to the rendezvous spot.
Amber Dach

Current Conditions
Conditions
P.P.E.: 33/33
I.S.P.: 150/150
H.P.: 33/33
S.D.C.: 87/87

TX-26 Particle Beam Pistol: 15/15 shots remaining (FSE-clip)
Crystal Deflector Gauntlet: 15/15 melee round charges remaining
Image
User avatar
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 259
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:23 pm

Re: Episode 3: Run

Post by Analoy »

Percep 61%: 1d100: [5] = 5
JIC: 1d20: [16] = 16 1d100: [7] = 7

Land Navigation 68%: 1d100: [26] = 26
Trap & Mine Detection 55%: 1d100: [75] = 75
Detect Ambush 80%: 1d100: [50] = 50
Prowl 70%: 1d100: [67] = 67
literate in everything 82%: 1d100: [34] = 34

Conditions:
PPE: 263/228
Flight: 240/160 min, Fly, 130 mph, Max height 4000', +3 strike/dodge, +3 dmg from HTH attacks
Eye of Knowledge (Language) 120/120 min, understand and speak all languages at 96%, literate at 82%


Analoy grins as the boys uncover a wealth of explosives. She looks down at her chest rig, but all the slots are full up so she just shrugs and watches as the boys have some fun looking into the crates. "Just remember, we still have a job to do."
Phinneas wrote:"Aw....don't worry Boom Boom. These things could never replace you. Im just happy because there's alot of them and they're basically free. Me and you to the end buddy."
Analoy furrows her brows, Um, what or rather who is that crazy talking too? Should I even ask him who Boom Boom is? Maybe later, when we're back at home.

Analoy looks up at Praxis and gives him a little chuckle, "I'm pretty sure you should be scared for us. Hold on." She concentrats for a moment and activates her eye tattoo, then starts trying to read all the Naruni writing. Stating what it says to the others as she reads.

As she looks over the labels on the crates she says to Praxis, "I don't know how to do it but if we could rig up a detonator in here and things get out of hand later. This would be one hell of a distraction." She looks back up at him with a huge grin on her face.
Analoy Landie
Current Details
P.P.E.: 227/227
M.D.C.: 196/196
Charm/Impress: 20%

Image
Image
User avatar
Phinneas_Graves
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:29 am

Re: Episode 3: Run

Post by Phinneas_Graves »

ROLLS HELD
Analoy wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:09 pmAs she looks over the labels on the crates she says to Praxis, "I don't know how to do it but if we could rig up a detonator in here and things get out of hand later. This would be one hell of a distraction." She looks back up at him with a huge grin on her face.
Phinneas' ears perk up as Analoy speaks. "Well now, I guess it's a good thing I'm here." He sets down the crate of K-HEX cubes he is carrying and rummages through his backpack. After a few seconds, he brings out a small handheld device along with an improvised looking explosive. "I made this back in Merctown and brought it along. It's a remote explosive made up from a plasma missile warhead. I can't shake Amber's vision of Susan getting swarmed by bots so I was gonna use it in the crate of cubes im taking if I needed to. We could use it here and put it in a crate of cubes. Im no doctor, but im pretty sure that this baby going off in a closed crate of cubes will have enough Ooomph to set off a chain reaction that should be, well, pretty spectacular. Only thing is, it has a limited-ish range so we would need to be within 100 feet of the crate to set it off. If that doesn't sound good enough, I just so happen to have a few spare missiles with me and I could try to rig something up with a little more range but it might take me a few minutes."
Phinneas Graves
Current stats
S.D.C. 134/134
M.D.C. 110/110
P.P.E. 21/21
Ammo: 192/192
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
Posts: 698
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: CAF, UPS and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s/ScytheNP#2513

Re: Episode 3: Run

Post by Underguard »

Current Conditions wrote:Mission Time: 04h:45m
Environmental Conditions: Outside Temp; -15*C (5*F), dry cold. Random gusts between 10-20mph)
Ley Line/Nexus Presence: No Nexus or LL activity at all, but ambient energy feels like a LL Storm came through recently
[The Boom Crew]
Analoy, Praxis, and Phinneas

Phinneas begins to gleefully haul away his newfound crate of K-Hex away from the rest, the entire thing weighing roughly 250lbs, means the crazy can hoist it up and out with relative ease. Praxis moves to the secured container and quickly removes the armor and transforms, an act he finds quite annoying, though he is easily able to rip off the secured locks after he transforms. Inside the crate, Praxis finds stacks of a type of small robots that resembles large metal balls with various indents in the shell. Four by four rows, going all the way down the container. Analoy follows him and as they investigate the secured containers, Analoy activates a tattoo and suddenly the alien markings become far clearer to her. She reads "ROGUE IFF" "NO OS" and "CORRUPTED IDS". She can't tell what each of those mean immediately, but the markings themselves are worrisome.

Praxis remains continues to investigate the container as Analoy moves back to read some of the other labels around the site. She can see Phinneas practically dancing in a circle until he turns to her and pulls out the homemade detonator. Analoy can clearly see the warning on the box he is holding reads "CONTAMINATED" "HANDLE WITH CARE", though what exactly that means she can't be sure. Back inside the secured container, Praxis finds what looks like a command gauntlet inside a secured crate with more Naruni writing on it he can't read.
"EMERGENCY CONTROL ONLY - BYPASS OS" and "DO NOT DESTROY"
Praxis heads back out and starts suiting back up.

As Phinneas puts the detonator away, the crazy hears something down the alley way as he is picking back up the K-Hex container. Phinneas turns his head and ducks down in time for Analoy to watch a laser bolt barely glide past where the K-Hex box had been and impact the ground behind him. The two can duck for cover, and neither see the shooter. Analoy recognizes this type of area would be a sniper's dream if they could maintain the high ground, and the shot definitely came from a few dozen feet above, down the container line.

(You are not in combat, do not see a shooter, only one shot came by)
What are you doing?

[A moral dilemma]
Amber, Susan and Eight

Amber is rightly perturbed at the sight of the vampiric corpse and searches for signs of who or what might actually be contained, and while Amber can't read the alien dialect she can identify some key markings on the crate. Though it is unnamed, this is a Master Vampiric Corpse. The containers are keeping it in a state of complete stasis, each different container separated to further dilute its power, though Amber knows she is right. This vampire is still very much a threat, even in it's completely helpless state. She turns to find Eight in the middle of the alley and the android shakes its head. "No, this planet is a dead planet. No native life or water for centuries." Eight pauses at Amber's request and nods. "Project H24AM; the vampire is secured and not a threat, but as you wish. " Eight will remain where it is standing and watch the container as Amber finds Susan.

Susan has to stop her eyes from widening at the container she is searching, full of medical equipment and more she eagerly stuffs into her backpack. Susan decides against taking anything that looks like vials with actual liquid in them, but finds several alien devices that fit in her backpack that are safe, though she can't tell what any of them do by just looking at them. Amber soon joins her and together the two work through a moral dilemma for Amber, who feels an increasing pit in her stomach just knowing it's there. Resigning to leaving it contained versus potentially inhibit their mission, she moves back to Eight who nods at her request. "Of course, I can reseal the container. Please, stand by." It states and one of its arms seems to mold into a type of torch; Eight then begins welding the door from the top down. "Secured." Eight finishes and continues moving forward.

What are you doing?
PW: CAF GM || UPS GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Exe (PW GA) |Venenifer (Roughnecks) | Glitch (PW: Rogues) | Sam Animus (PW Void Reaver) || EP Ledger
ImageImage
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
User avatar
Phinneas_Graves
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:29 am

Re: Episode 3: Run

Post by Phinneas_Graves »

Perception: 45% | 1d100: [26] = 26
JIC: 1d20: [12] = 12 | 1d100: [3] = 3

Invoke Trust 45% | 1d100: [100] = 100
Constant Conditions:
Special Abilities
1. Super Endurance: Can lift and carry twice as much as a normal person of equivalent Strength and Endurance, and can last 10 times longer before feeling effect of exhaustion. Can remain alert and operate at full efficiency for up to 3 days (72 hours) without sleep. Needs only 4 hours of sleep to function at full capacity.
2. Increased Strength: Falls under "Augmented" category.
3. Increased Speed: Can leap 20 ft across and 15 high after a short run (half the distance from a dead stop).
4. Heightened Reflexes and Agility: Exceptional Balance and Grace.
5. Enhanced Senses:
Enhanced Vision: Character has perfect 20/20 vision and exceptional long range vision; can read a small sign or recognize a face from up to 2 miles away when he concentrates; must have line of sight.
Enhanced Hearing: Can hear a whisper or a twig snap up to 3oo ft away. Acute hearing gives an Automatic Dodge on ALL attacks; even from behind and surprise attacks. Does NOT use up a melee attack. Normal dodge bonuses do not apply, but P.P. bonuses do.
Enhanced sense of smell: Character can instantly recognize odors (01-65%), recognize a person by scent like a dog (01-25%), and even track by smell (01-30%), provided the scent is not more than 2 hours old.
Enhanced sense of taste: Can taste for a specific flavor, discern specific ingredients and tell if a drink or food has been poisoned, drugged or spoiled. Chance for detection (01-55%), +20% if the chemical has a telltale taste or odor to begin with.
Enhanced sense of touch: Character recognizes very slight differences in textures by touch. Adds 10% to all skills that require a delicate touch such as Art, Demolitions, Palming, Pick Pockets, Pick Locks, Electronics, etc.
6. Enhanced Healing: Heals two times faster than normal. Virtually impervious to pain, no amount of pain will impair the Crazy until he is down to 10 HP or less. At that point the warrior will realize his condition and start to feel the effects of his injuries. However, the Crazy can go into an intense meditative trance that will induce Bio-Regeneration, healing damage in moments.
7. Crazies Bio-Regeneration: The Crazy must stop to slip into a meditative trance. While in the trance, he is completely helpless and cannot move or take any action. All of his concentration is being forced into an accelerated bio-feedback program that will restore 2D6 HP and 3D6 S.D.C., stops bleeding, and closes wounds in 2D4 minutes. An extended period of Crazies' Bio-Regeneration, over a period of 6 hours, will restore all S.D.C. and an additional 4D6 HP.

As the laser bolt skims past Phinneas and the K-HEX crate, he gets goosebumps.

"Ooooh.....that sneaky bastard.....".

He ducks behind the side of the nearest storage container and sets down the crate. He says to Analoy and Praxis, "Time to finish up. I think our man found us first. If it was anything else, I don't think they would be sniping us. Stay covered and keep an eye out. Im gonna try something."

Phinneas raises his arms and walks out into the main gangway in the direction the shot came from. He walks past whatever open container Praxis and Analoy may be in/behind, and stops. Using his enhanced vision, he tries to scan the area for whatever or whoever took the shot, and with enhanced hearing, will listen for any kind of movement.

Over the loudspeaker in his helmet he says, "Close shot! Another inch or so and you would have got me." He will stand there in the open with his arms raised and wait for whatever response may come.
Phinneas Graves
Current stats
S.D.C. 134/134
M.D.C. 110/110
P.P.E. 21/21
Ammo: 192/192
User avatar
Susan Lee
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
Posts: 290
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 am

Re: Episode 3: Run

Post by Susan Lee »

Perception: 1d100: [45] = 45 / 41%
JIC: 1d100: [68] = 68 / 1d20: [11] = 11

CONDITIONS: Super-heavy Forcefield active, 160/160 MDC

We're almost certainly never coming back to this place. I don't like lying to her, but we have no way of eliminating a vampire at the moment and also no way of removing ourselves if we spend hours or days trying to do so.


Susan finishes stowing the strange medical devices, then follows Eight, repeating, "We're going to the rendezvous point and the target now, yes?"

She first sends the eye spies out to take a look in nearby aisles and try to get a view from above. Then she tries to raise Analoy with a ping on the group channel, while keeping an eye out for danger and sticking to the shadows. I wish the babies weren't outside...

Radio: Basic: 1d100: [80] = 80 / 73%
Prowl: 1d100: [78] = 78 / 50%
It's DNA, all the way down./Ledger
Conditions
H.P.: 14/14
S.D.C.: 43/43
Armor M.D.C.: 90/90
Image
User avatar
Amber Dach
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
Posts: 190
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:50 am

Re: Episode 3: Run

Post by Amber Dach »

Perception: 66% = 1d100: [28] = 28 (+5% on Perception Rolls regarding vampires and the undead)
JiC: 1d20: [1] = 1 | 1d100: [1] = 1

Skills Rolls
Intelligence 53% = 1d100: [71] = 71 (gathering intel on planet to pass on to Undead Slayers)
Lore: Dimensions 65% = 1d100: [60] = 60 (to determine as much information as possible about planet)
Land Navigation 62% = 1d100: [55] = 55 (to find RV point)
Prowl 50% = 1d100: [37] = 37 (added +5% with Variable Camouflage system engaged)
Radio: Basic 65% = 1d100: [41] = 41 (keeping an eye on comms)
Constant/Active Conditions
Sixth Sense: Range 180’
Sense Supernatural Evil & Sense Magic Energy: Range: 500' (100’/level) when being is not using powers or abilities; 1400’ (1000’ +100’/level) if using abilities or powers.
Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy
o Identify Type/Race of Paranormal Creature: 80% = 1d100: [81] = 81
o Track by Psychic Scent: 70% = 1d100: [77] = 77 (82% if supernatural being is also using magic)
Sense the Presence of Vampires and Vampire Intelligence: Range: 1000' radius
Recognize Vampires Recognize Vampires by Appearance (special): 90% = 1d100: [79] = 79 (+10% bonus to recognize Secondary Vampires, +30% bonus to recognize Wild Vampires. -30% skill penalty to recognize Master Vampires).
Sense Rifts and Ley Lines: Senses Ley Lines up to 5 miles away, a nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away.
See the Invisible: 200’
Alter Aura to change her aura in the following ways:
• The general level of experience can be made to seem much higher (1d4+3 levels higher) than it really is.
• Conceal the I.S.P. levels to be show them to be minimal (like a minor psychic).
• Conceal the presence of magic.
Alter Aura will last for 8 hours. 3.5 hours remaining. Costs 2 I.S.P. [/size]
Sustain lasts 5 days.[/size]
Underguard wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:52 am Amber is rightly perturbed at the sight of the vampiric corpse and searches for signs of who or what might actually be contained, and while Amber can't read the alien dialect she can identify some key markings on the crate. Though it is unnamed, this is a Master Vampiric Corpse. The containers are keeping it in a state of complete stasis, each different container separated to further dilute its power, though Amber knows she is right. This vampire is still very much a threat, even in it's completely helpless state. She turns to find Eight in the middle of the alley and the android shakes its head. "No, this planet is a dead planet. No native life or water for centuries." Eight pauses at Amber's request and nods. "Project H24AM; the vampire is secured and not a threat, but as you wish. " Eight will remain where it is standing and watch the container as Amber finds Susan.
Amber sighs. She is unsurprised that this rock they are on is a dead planet. I could have guessed that this place wouldn’t be habitable. Wouldn’t make a good dump planet if there was native intelligent life present. And no water, equals no life. Well, for most of the life forms I’m familiar with anyway.
Underguard wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:52 am Resigning to leaving it contained versus potentially inhibit their mission, she moves back to Eight who nods at her request. "Of course, I can reseal the container. Please, stand by." It states and one of its arms seems to mold into a type of torch; Eight then begins welding the door from the top down. "Secured." Eight finishes and continues moving forward.
Amber nods appreciatively at Eight. “Thanks Eight. I know it isn’t going to stop a determined being from opening it, but it may give someone pause before they open it up.” She shrugs and exhales slowly. I wish I could do more, but if means we get stuck on this rock…

Amber makes a mental note. This is the second time I have been unprepared to destroy vamps. What kind of Atlantean am I??? It is not going to happen again. In fact, I think all the GIRLS should have better gear for fighting the supernatural in any event.
Susan Lee wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:13 pm Susan finishes stowing the strange medical devices, then follows Eight, repeating, "We're going to the rendezvous point and the target now, yes?"
Amber nods her head in the affirmative. “Yes, let’s meet with the others, get this done and off this rock. Eight, can you lead the way?”

Amber engages the Variable Camouflage System on the PA and begins to move methodically forward. She is constantly scanning looking for anything that will be a threat to their small group as they move toward the RV point.
Amber Dach

Current Conditions
Conditions
P.P.E.: 33/33
I.S.P.: 150/150
H.P.: 33/33
S.D.C.: 87/87

TX-26 Particle Beam Pistol: 15/15 shots remaining (FSE-clip)
Crystal Deflector Gauntlet: 15/15 melee round charges remaining
Image
Post Reply

Return to “G.I.R.L.S. Adventure Forum”